Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:47 am

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"I do not think Jeffry would ever just give up like that but yes I see the similarity in the loss of students and...I feel compassion for the poor man, and knowing what will happen to him, he must be terrified."
The Deacon said sadly.
"So this Nightmare Carnival is an actual traveling circus then Mr Wainwright?"
Adjan asked.
"Damn that give the saying of running away to join the circus a whole different meaning."
Narim nodded at that.
"At least there is a good chance that this thing will not harm sleepers, the question is why is it coming here."
Colin nodded, "There's apparently one other that is, er, just an association of things that go bump in the night, not a Caul in itself... That one is probably more prone to prey on sleepers."

S7trif3 wrote:"He told me that it came to him. This isn't exactly what I thought he meant though. How do we get rid of it?"
Anja wrote:"I do not know...other than hit it with everything we got and hope it is enough."
Adjan replied darkly and he glanced towards the window.
He frowned, "I think we can best get rid of it by getting Wallace Jace and his retinue of ghosts out of the way - if they're not ready to Fall, the Nightmare Carnival is less likely to have... interest in recruiting here. As I was told, a natural Caul seeks out those ready to Fall on their own, rather than having people tricked or coerced into entering. Other than that, I don't know what might drive it off... Perhaps some hasty legislation to ban traveling circuses from Boston? Not sure if that would work, but it might be worth a shot if we had someone in place at the Mayor's office or something..."

Anja wrote:"If it is easier for you Mr Wainwright to just give me the battery back then I can put that into burner phone hell later."
The Deacon agreed.
He nodded, "I'm still trying to find my way with applied physics; might be safer not to have to deal with an exploding lithium battery, just in case. Plus, a rechargable battery isn't a bad thing to have a few spares of..."

S7trif3 wrote:He cupped his hands around the spirit and spoke with her, trying to pass on the emotions he was feeling. In Enochian he said, "Little friend, can you go with this one," he indicated Colin, "to visit my brother. He needs some help..."
Anja wrote:The tiny spirit fluttered around happily and glowed her relaxing light, that probably meant yes.
He nodded, pocketed the burner phone, and held out his hand toward the little spirit, even as he called Yu Die with his other hand, "Come here, little one, and we'll see your friend's brother."

((OOC: Contemplating an all-blue MtG deck for Sunday. All Jace cards. Razz I'm also putting together some other outright absurd silliness; gray-edged cards, huzzah. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:12 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "There's apparently one other that is, er, just an association of things that go bump in the night, not a Caul in itself... That one is probably more prone to prey on sleepers."

"Wonderful, no wonder the fear of clowns are pretty common."
Narim commented wryly.
"But I assume it is the Caul who are on it's way and not this association of supernatural critters?"

He frowned, "I think we can best get rid of it by getting Wallace Jace and his retinue of ghosts out of the way - if they're not ready to Fall, the Nightmare Carnival is less likely to have... interest in recruiting here. As I was told, a natural Caul seeks out those ready to Fall on their own, rather than having people tricked or coerced into entering. Other than that, I don't know what might drive it off... Perhaps some hasty legislation to ban traveling circuses from Boston? Not sure if that would work, but it might be worth a shot if we had someone in place at the Mayor's office or something..."

""Do that mean someone here are just about ready to fall Mr Wainwright? And if then who?"
Adjan asked with a worried from.
"Perhaps Wallace Jace himself...once he get my Avatar."
Narim replied and you could hear the fear in his voice.
"Well Jace can't have it."
The death magus replied.
"Wallace Jace can't have anything."

He nodded, "I'm still trying to find my way with applied physics; might be safer not to have to deal with an exploding lithium battery, just in case. Plus, a rechargable battery isn't a bad thing to have a few spares of..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright, do not worry about the battery I will deal with it."
Narim said absent minded, he glanced nervously towards the window.

He nodded, pocketed the burner phone, and held out his hand toward the little spirit, even as he called Yu Die with his other hand, "Come here, little one, and we'll see your friend's brother."

The little spirit fluttered over to your hand, it was like a little green light with wings and it hummed happily. You called Yu Die and the young Akashic quickly picked up.
"This is Yu Die Qen."
She said politely.
"What can I do for you Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: Jace is the ultimate nay sayer. Can I can this spell...no...what about this spell...no...what about this one? Yes but I am taking control of it. Ohh unglued cards.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Wonderful, no wonder the fear of clowns are pretty common."
Narim commented wryly.
"But I assume it is the Caul who are on it's way and not this association of supernatural critters?"
Colin nodded, "Quite; Kallan felt its approach in all its unholy glory, so it's a fair bet it's the Caul."

Anja wrote:""Do that mean someone here are just about ready to fall Mr Wainwright? And if then who?"
The death magus replied.
He shook his head, "It's here to aid Jace's plan, meaning it's most likely preparing to receive the reincarnated ghosts, once he's grown new bodies for each one. And no, Jace can't have anyone's Avatar, we'll make damn well sure of that."

Anja wrote:The little spirit fluttered over to your hand, it was like a little green light with wings and it hummed happily. You called Yu Die and the young Akashic quickly picked up.
"This is Yu Die Qen."
She said politely.
"What can I do for you Mr Wainwright?"
He headed out of the apartment, lifting the spirit up to perch on his shoulder for a bit, "Hello, Yu Die - is Anna with you? Something's come up, and I need to make sure she's alright. Apparently, Kyle is responding... badly to an outside influence, and I should rather be certain Anna's not getting stressed by it, too."

((OOC: Jace is a lot of "Nice library, we'll just deprive you of most of it. And you don't get to use the rest." And un-cards, at least, though from the Unstable set. Be prepared for some weird hybrid creatures. I'm guessing hubs won't be at the party due to crowd, so I can't make a deck based on asking someone outside the game to act. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:39 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Quite; Kallan felt its approach in all its unholy glory, so it's a fair bet it's the Caul."

"Yes that do seam likely. I think I would have preferred to have the supernatural critters but we are going to have to find some way to get rid of it."
Adjan commented with a sigh.

He shook his head, "It's here to aid Jace's plan, meaning it's most likely preparing to receive the reincarnated ghosts, once he's grown new bodies for each one. And no, Jace can't have anyone's Avatar, we'll make damn well sure of that."

Narim nodded at that but he still looked rather concerned. Adjan looked rather determined.
"We took out Wallace Jace once we can do it again and his ghost friends as well."

He headed out of the apartment, lifting the spirit up to perch on his shoulder for a bit, "Hello, Yu Die - is Anna with you? Something's come up, and I need to make sure she's alright. Apparently, Kyle is responding... badly to an outside influence, and I should rather be certain Anna's not getting stressed by it, too."

Flicker danced around your shoulder and hummed.
"Anna is here Mr Wainwright we went back to her room to wait, I know she will be called out to fight in the Labyrith so I thought it best she not get tired beforehand, she seams to be fine did you want to speak with her Sir?"
Yu Die replied. You heard Anna in the background.
"Is it my dad calling?"

(OOC: Yeah my husband is likely to vanish as soon as people start arriving.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:46 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes that do seam likely. I think I would have preferred to have the supernatural critters but we are going to have to find some way to get rid of it."
Adjan commented with a sigh.
Colin nodded, "Safest bet seems to be to deal with Jace once and for all."

Anja wrote:Narim nodded at that but he still looked rather concerned. Adjan looked rather determined.
"We took out Wallace Jace once we can do it again and his ghost friends as well."
He smiled thinly, "Well, we have his Fetters... Hum, that's right, I wonder if Master Telar has returned with that one yet... We've likely got Fetters for the majority of his army, so we do have something of an edge there."

Anja wrote:Flicker danced around your shoulder and hummed.
"Anna is here Mr Wainwright we went back to her room to wait, I know she will be called out to fight in the Labyrith so I thought it best she not get tired beforehand, she seams to be fine did you want to speak with her Sir?"
Yu Die replied. You heard Anna in the background.
"Is it my dad calling?"
He let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. No, just tell her I love her, and I've got to go to the infirmary to help calm Kyle down. Oh, tell her to pack a sketchbook and some crayons."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:04 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Safest bet seems to be to deal with Jace once and for all."

"I am not against that plan."
The Euthanathos said darkly.

He smiled thinly, "Well, we have his Fetters... Hum, that's right, I wonder if Master Telar has returned with that one yet... We've likely got Fetters for the majority of his army, so we do have something of an edge there."

"We have the Fetters of Jace and his Specters?"
Adjan asked. Narim nodded.
"Yes Master Telar did get the Fetter she was out to collect. Jeffry have it now, probably locked up safe in his pocket ream."
The Virtual Adept Deacon replied.
"Hopefully it will help us get the miscreant."

He let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. No, just tell her I love her, and I've got to go to the infirmary to help calm Kyle down. Oh, tell her to pack a sketchbook and some crayons."

"What have happened to Kyle Sir?"
Yu Die asked sounding concerned.
"Yes it is your dad Anna he says to pack some crayons and a sketchbook..."
The young Akashic told the other girl.
"Sir I have asked Jane's Mentor if I can crash in Jane's room tonight, Mr Roth Hicks said none of us should be alone so if I am not here when you come back from the Labyrinth I am there sleeping...I just wanted to let you know. But you are going to keep Anna safe right? I don't have to worry about her right?"
Yu Die asked and she did sound rather worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:48 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"We have the Fetters of Jace and his Specters?"
Adjan asked. Narim nodded.
"Yes Master Telar did get the Fetter she was out to collect. Jeffry have it now, probably locked up safe in his pocket ream."
The Virtual Adept Deacon replied.
"Hopefully it will help us get the miscreant."
Colin nodded, "Aside from a few individuals sentenced between 1970 and this year, we have... most of them."

Anja wrote:"What have happened to Kyle Sir?"
Yu Die asked sounding concerned.
"Yes it is your dad Anna he says to pack some crayons and a sketchbook..."
The young Akashic told the other girl.
"Sir I have asked Jane's Mentor if I can crash in Jane's room tonight, Mr Roth Hicks said none of us should be alone so if I am not here when you come back from the Labyrinth I am there sleeping...I just wanted to let you know. But you are going to keep Anna safe right? I don't have to worry about her right?"
Yu Die asked and she did sound rather worried.
He frowned, "I'm not sure, but I think he's just upset by sensing a presence in town. There's... something of a big nasty visiting Boston. And sleeping in Jane's room will be quite fine; I'm sure your brother would prefer that for tonight, too. And of course I'll be keeping Anna safe - but she showed me some maps she drew of the Labyrinth, a few years down the road, which means she needs to come along and see the layout of the place. And yes, I'll keep her protected; you'll not have to worry about her. But if you know some good personal wards you might be able to teach her, or help her set up, this might be a good time for it, just in case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:08 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Aside from a few individuals sentenced between 1970 and this year, we have... most of them."

"Well then at least we have some powerful Arcane connections to our foes, I am sure we can put that to good use."
Adjan replied and Narim nodded.

He frowned, "I'm not sure, but I think he's just upset by sensing a presence in town. There's... something of a big nasty visiting Boston.

"Something nasty Sir? Will you guys be able to beat it?"
Yu Die asked the young mage sounded rather worried.

"I asked my brother if it was okey first Sir, he thought it was a good idea."
The young Akashic assured you.

And of course I'll be keeping Anna safe - but she showed me some maps she drew of the Labyrinth, a few years down the road, which means she needs to come along and see the layout of the place. And yes, I'll keep her protected; you'll not have to worry about her. But if you know some good personal wards you might be able to teach her, or help her set up, this might be a good time for it, just in case."

"I have to admit to still being worried Sir, it is a Labyrinth it will be full of mages and other things doing their best to kill you all...are you sure Anna will not get hurt Mr Wainwright?"
Yu Die asked nervously.
"I am sorry Sir I have not really gotten to the point where I can make effective wards yet, and it is not really the kind of magick I am good at. I do not know what I can do to help."
She muttered apologetically.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Something nasty Sir? Will you guys be able to beat it?"
Yu Die asked the young mage sounded rather worried.
Colin hesitated, "I... don't think so. I believe we'll be able to get rid of it, but removing what it wants, but I don't think there's much of a way to fight it directly. It's a very large nasty, but hopefully, it will be disinclined to get directly involved in the battle."

Anja wrote:"I have to admit to still being worried Sir, it is a Labyrinth it will be full of mages and other things doing their best to kill you all...are you sure Anna will not get hurt Mr Wainwright?"
Yu Die asked nervously.
"I am sorry Sir I have not really gotten to the point where I can make effective wards yet, and it is not really the kind of magick I am good at. I do not know what I can do to help."
She muttered apologetically.
He smiled darkly, "She'll be as guarded as I can make her - hard to track and target. I can't guarantee she'll come out unhurt - that would be foolish of me... but I'm quite sure she'll walk out under her own power. Hum, you are competent with Time - could you help her get a bit of a 'danger sense', perhaps? A brief premonition of danger before it arrives?"

He waited outside the infirmary while he finished the call, to avoid disturbing the patients needlessly.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:48 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:The vampire did not even try to resist he was to hurt, in to much pain to resist or perhaps notice that you where tying to read his mind. You found out that the man had never been inside of the lab itself but it was located in the West wing the medical wing. As for guards where was a flesh crafting vampire that the prisoner did not like and his modified ghouls, there was a pair of mages, and a very aggressive ghost. Out in the Umbra, that the vampire did not understand at all there was a wer creature waiting for intruders and something else, something the mages described as foul. There was also another vampire a Toreador who saw sharpshooting as an art, he might be in a high location waiting to take care of any intruder. The man did not know of any traps but he had been told never to go into the West wing.

Serge returned back to his own mind and after a moment to collect the new thoughts began to furiously type messages to Master Morgan,

"Jace's lab is located in the West Wing of the Medical Center."
"Flesh Crafting vampire, modified ghouls, two mages, and an angry ghost as guards."
"Umbral guards include a were beast and a foul creature that wasn't described to him in detail.
"Sniper Toreador vampire can also be lurking in many high places to take out intruders. Considers sharpshooting to be an art."
"Doesn't know of any traps but as he's never been to the wing he likely wouldn't know if there are any."

As he sent the myriad of quick texts Serge finally noticed the texts from his cabalmate.

Adley wrote:He texted a message to Serge: 'I need help if you are not doing something else important.'

"Just finished with a task. Where are you?" he sent back.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:28 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin hesitated, "I... don't think so. I believe we'll be able to get rid of it, but removing what it wants, but I don't think there's much of a way to fight it directly. It's a very large nasty, but hopefully, it will be disinclined to get directly involved in the battle."

"That is terrifying Sir, what sort of big and bad can we not beat...is it going to attack us here?"
Yu Die asked nervously.

He smiled darkly, "She'll be as guarded as I can make her - hard to track and target. I can't guarantee she'll come out unhurt - that would be foolish of me... but I'm quite sure she'll walk out under her own power. Hum, you are competent with Time - could you help her get a bit of a 'danger sense', perhaps? A brief premonition of danger before it arrives?"

"I hope you are right Sir. I do not like Anna going into combat but...I guess you know best Mr Wainwright."
Yu Die muttered in a worried tone of voice.
"I am sorry Sir...I have only learned the first degree of Time. I can sense time, and I might be able to share that sense of just when to attack or hide but I do not know how to share magick yet."
The girl said apologetically.
"I would do so if I could."

[Basement and Boston]

Serge returned back to his own mind and after a moment to collect the new thoughts began to furiously type messages to Master Morgan,

"Flesh Crafting vampire, modified ghouls, two mages, and an angry ghost as guards."
"Umbral guards include a were beast and a foul creature that wasn't described to him in detail.
"Sniper Toreador vampire can also be lurking in many high places to take out intruders. Considers sharpshooting to be an art."
"Doesn't know of any traps but as he's never been to the wing he likely wouldn't know if there are any."

As he sent the myriad of quick texts Serge finally noticed the texts from his cabalmate.

Jeffry would look rather confused at the onslaught of text messages so he gave the phone to Fran and said.
"Miss Mundis if I could bother you to help me here, I do think Mr Yager have gotten us some useful information, please thank him."
This led to Fran sending the following text to the young Cultist.
"This is Fran, Master Morgan asked me to send this. Remember kid the Chief do not go well with tech, sending allot of texts at once confuse him. Anyway he thanks you for your help."
Fran handed the phone back to the older mage who thanked her and then sent this message to Colin.

"To Mr Wainwright
From JM
Mr Wainwright the problem I told you I shone a light on do work for Wallace Jace and we have what we need from him. A Massassa who openly serve the bloody ghost is not someone we can just let go, in addition he is grievously injured and suffering. Can you take care of giving someone the task of ending him swiftly and as painlessly as possible? He is an enemy but I will not see him suffer more or longer than need be.
Be Well
JM."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:14 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:Jeffry would look rather confused at the onslaught of text messages so he gave the phone to Fran and said.
"Miss Mundis if I could bother you to help me here, I do think Mr Yager have gotten us some useful information, please thank him."
This led to Fran sending the following text to the young Cultist.
"This is Fran, Master Morgan asked me to send this. Remember kid the Chief do not go well with tech, sending allot of texts at once confuse him. Anyway he thanks you for your help."
Fran handed the phone back to the older mage who thanked her and then sent this message to Colin.

"Right. Sorry. Anyway no problem. Glad to help." Serge sent back anxiously, forgetting the elder wizards tech illiteracy and in his haste reverting back to his usual texting habits. Still he was happy that he had gotten useful information and that at least someone on Master Morgan team could read it.

That happiness quickly vanished as he looked back at anguished vampire and sighed, thinking of someway to alleviate his pain. "One more try couldn't hurt...." he thought as he brought out a pencil and his notepad and began drawing.

The vampire was in too much pain to make him simply ignore his wounds. But at the very least, he could hopefully get the vampire to lose consciousness so that he didn't have to think about the situation he was in.

He drew the vampire...or at least an approximation of what he looked like prior to his injuries based on his memories and what he saw before him. The vampire was on a bed, sound asleep, with no injuries in sight. In fact he looked quite at peace, asleep with no other worries in the world. As he drew he focused his will and imagination through the drawing, bringing its contents out into the real world and making what he drew a reality.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to try and put the vampire to a peaceful sleep like he did with Vera, whilst also trying to further numb the pain and terror he's feeling.

Arete Roll: 4, 3, 8, 2 - 5, 8, 10, 3 - 7, 10, 4, 1 - 1, 7, 6, 4 - 1, 7, 3, 2 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:53 pm

[Basement]

"Right. Sorry. Anyway no problem. Glad to help." Serge sent back anxiously, forgetting the elder wizards tech illiteracy and in his haste reverting back to his usual texting habits. Still he was happy that he had gotten useful information and that at least someone on Master Morgan team could read it.

You got a rply back from Fran using Master Morgan's phone.
"Don't worry about it dude, the Chief is happy with your efforts and he have gotten all the information relayed to him. Good job kid."

That happiness quickly vanished as he looked back at anguished vampire and sighed, thinking of someway to alleviate his pain. "One more try couldn't hurt...." he thought as he brought out a pencil and his notepad and began drawing.

The vampire was in too much pain to make him simply ignore his wounds. But at the very least, he could hopefully get the vampire to lose consciousness so that he didn't have to think about the situation he was in.

He drew the vampire...or at least an approximation of what he looked like prior to his injuries based on his memories and what he saw before him. The vampire was on a bed, sound asleep, with no injuries in sight. In fact he looked quite at peace, asleep with no other worries in the world. As he drew he focused his will and imagination through the drawing, bringing its contents out into the real world and making what he drew a reality.

The prisoner fell into a deep, peaceful sleep as your magick changed his inner reality. You saw the vampire's aura change from the flashing orange of deep fear and brown for bitterness all meshed together with a sort of static indicating his pain and confusion into a calm light blue, tinted with red, the vampire was still in pain but he was in a deep sleep and sinking deeper, you think you had triggered the natural ability of his kind to enter into a sort of restorative coma like the woman Colin was keeping in his workshop was in, which was probably for the best, one deeply asleep or unconscious perhaps the creature would not hurt anymore, only terror had kept him awake and now that he was sent to sleep, nature took over and sent him into that comatose state.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:18 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'And who has the red button, sir? The enemy on the ground, or someone elsewhere?' Nicole replied. 'If it's simply booby-trapped and the ones present can't arm it themselves, all we need to do is avoid triggering it...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this. Moved back to the trunk of her car, pulled out her webbing and strapped it on. Buttoned up her jacket, retrieved her rucksack and got the box with the Kinfolk scanner. Went up to Hadermann's assistant and proffered it. 'Think you know what this is. Oh... and take this.' handing over her cell with the tracking app active on it. 'You're our radar dish.'

[Surprise is no longer an option. To 'take their time' risks the enemy gaining reinforcements and/or formulating a stronger defence. And if this place is where the new bodies are being made, chances are the 'tolerances' will be quite high for the Doomsday Device. Lastly, if the enemy is being attacked seemingly from all directions, it very well may mentally overwhelm the defenders to the extent they forget about said Device...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm

[Waltham]

'And who has the red button, sir? The enemy on the ground, or someone elsewhere?' Nicole replied. 'If it's simply booby-trapped and the ones present can't arm it themselves, all we need to do is avoid triggering it...'

"Both I believe Miss Bouchard. The lab is both rigged to blow if it is attempted entered the wrong way and Jace's henchmen can manually blow it up if there is need."
Jeffry replied.

Nicole nodded to this. Moved back to the trunk of her car, pulled out her webbing and strapped it on. Buttoned up her jacket, retrieved her rucksack and got the box with the Kinfolk scanner. Went up to Hadermann's assistant and proffered it. 'Think you know what this is. Oh... and take this.' handing over her cell with the tracking app active on it. 'You're our radar dish.'

"Yeah sure. I will do my best."
Alica said as she took the phone. At that point Fran handed you Jeffry's phone for a moment with Serge's texts about what the vampire prisoner knew on the screen.
"Umbra might be challenging."
The death maga said before she handed the phone back to Jeffry.

Serge's texts:

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:57 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Just finished with a task. Where are you?" [Serge] sent back.

'There is some disturbance outside the sheild that is distressing my brother. I am sending my cabal leader to infirmary but perhaps you may also help?

"I do not have such a way. I am sorry Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept replied.
"And it is a possibility that Kyle's former life Fell in this particular Caul.

"Please see if you can help him, please amicus? I have some tass if you think it will help...the other alternative is to sedate him but I don't know what that might do." He looked worried, and unsure as he'd never had to make such a decision before for another like that.

"Do that mean someone here are just about ready to fall Mr Wainwright? And if then who?"
The death magus replied.

"No, he can't have it. That's what this ritual should assist with, at least."

"Somehow I think this will take a different kind of eviction...we already know that there are areas around here that are...decaying. My guess is those areas are the most vulnerable."

The tiny spirit fluttered around happily and glowed her relaxing light, that probably meant yes.

'Gratitude... he said and then opened his hands so it could fly off to Colin. "Please let my sora know that I will start to fortify the first ward, as she does not need to participate in that part."

Once the others had cleared, he looked at Narim. "Alright, the first part is like last time, the energy moving upwards the chakras and I will just be sort of reenergizing the work, refreshing it so it lasts longer. Then, when my sora comes back, what we do will seem similar at first, but then move onto other parts. I know you can't work magick directly, and, even if you could it would be hard to explain what I'm trying to do, but imagine... do you not have something that represents connect everything to the ultimate aspect? This is like that, and the energy moving down through the chakras, and...moving, connecting. That is the important theme, we are connected and your avatar is with you until your time to be together concludes naturally, and even then your beingness will be with their being-ness, and all will be connected eternally from the source, whatever you call that or conceive it to be, in light."

// Not sure when Serge gets said message, if between scenes or what, sorry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:57 pm

[Narim's Chambers]

"No, he can't have it. That's what this ritual should assist with, at least."

"I am sure it will do the trick Adley, it is a reason you had your Seeking."
Narim said in a trusting tone of voice.

Once the others had cleared, he looked at Narim. "Alright, the first part is like last time, the energy moving upwards the chakras and I will just be sort of reenergizing the work, refreshing it so it lasts longer. Then, when my sora comes back, what we do will seem similar at first, but then move onto other parts. I know you can't work magick directly, and, even if you could it would be hard to explain what I'm trying to do, but imagine... do you not have something that represents connect everything to the ultimate aspect? This is like that, and the energy moving down through the chakras, and...moving, connecting. That is the important theme, we are connected and your avatar is with you until your time to be together concludes naturally, and even then your beingness will be with their being-ness, and all will be connected eternally from the source, whatever you call that or conceive it to be, in light."

The Virtual Adept nodded at the first part about revitalizing the first spell. nce you asked if he knew of something that connected everything he nodded.
"Yes sort of. The ultimate being in Hinduism is Lord Brahman, though it is more right to say that he is a state and an ideal than an being. He is the underlying, unchanging, eternal center of reality, both the point where all creation spring from and at the same time he comes before creation itself if that makes sense, he is eternity personified."
Narim begun.
"Indra's Net who comes directly from Lord Brahman itself is the net that connect all things, that connect all living beings, all concepts, all space. It can be linked to the idea of the Correspondence point."
He explained.
"As for energy pathways between the Chankras there are several actually, one will both draw Prana down from the divine though the Njadis and draw one's own energy and energy of the divine feminine up though the Chakras using the Kundalini...well two different processes but one network to transport the energy but yes I get the concept."
The Virtual Adept seamed to consider for a moment then he nodded.
"I think I understand, connecting my Avatar and me to the divine, that which is above us so it can not fall bellow, connecting it to the eternal source of being, even if that being is not yet a being, it is the source of all creation and so can not be non existence?"
He asked as he looked at you with his big, brown eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:48 pm

[Narim's Room]
S7trif3 wrote:"Please see if you can help him, please amicus? I have some tass if you think it will help...the other alternative is to sedate him but I don't know what that might do." He looked worried, and unsure as he'd never had to make such a decision before for another like that.
Colin smiled, "I've got plenty of tass, you hold on to yours; I expect you will need it more than I tonight... I'll try to help talk him through it, but I've really got to make that phone call, too."

Anja wrote:"Somehow I think this will take a different kind of eviction...we already know that there are areas around here that are...decaying. My guess is those areas are the most vulnerable."
He nodded, "In any case, they are here for Jace, most likely congregating in or near the Labyrinth, to stay out of sight of our side or the Union for now..."

Anja wrote:'Gratitude... he said and then opened his hands so it could fly off to Colin. "Please let my sora know that I will start to fortify the first ward, as she does not need to participate in that part."
He just nodded.

Anja wrote:"That is terrifying Sir, what sort of big and bad can we not beat...is it going to attack us here?"
Yu Die asked nervously.
He smiled thinly, "I do not believe it will, no. But it has scary clowns, so best stay away."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Sir. I do not like Anna going into combat but...I guess you know best Mr Wainwright."
Yu Die muttered in a worried tone of voice.
"I am sorry Sir...I have only learned the first degree of Time. I can sense time, and I might be able to share that sense of just when to attack or hide but I do not know how to share magick yet."
The girl said apologetically.
"I would do so if I could."
He nodded, "You'll get there, heh, in time. For now, I guess you'll just have to entrust Anna's safety to me, then. But I've got to go. I'll see you both in a little bit."

Anja wrote:"To Mr Wainwright
From JM
Mr Wainwright the problem I told you I shone a light on do work for Wallace Jace and we have what we need from him. A Massassa who openly serve the bloody ghost is not someone we can just let go, in addition he is grievously injured and suffering. Can you take care of giving someone the task of ending him swiftly and as painlessly as possible? He is an enemy but I will not see him suffer more or longer than need be.
Be Well
JM."
He frowned, typing back, 'Will do. However, we just found out that the Nightmare Carnival, an immense natural Caul, has just arrived in Boston. Its emissary is at the Labyrinth, and I believe the freak show will be headed there rather than to the lab - but if you see a scary clown or circus performer, exercise caution. Will call the apprentice before seeing to the vampire. Permission to consult with Prince regarding?'

[Infirmary]
Pocketing his phone again, he stepped into the infirmary and went to find Kyle, to deliver the little spirit.

((OOC: So, done putting together four MtG decks... Dumb, Dumber, Dumberer and Jace... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin smiled, "I've got plenty of tass, you hold on to yours; I expect you will need it more than I tonight... I'll try to help talk him through it, but I've really got to make that phone call, too."

"I've contacted Serge too, so if you can't make headway at least perhaps he can help calm him...thank you. I know, everything seems to be happening at once. Let us get to it..."

"Yes sort of. The ultimate being in Hinduism is Lord Brahman, though it is more right to say that he is a state and an ideal than an being. He is the underlying, unchanging, eternal center of reality, both the point where all creation spring from and at the same time he comes before creation itself if that makes sense, he is eternity personified."

"That...at least seems basically similar."

"Indra's Net who comes directly from Lord Brahman itself is the net that connect all things, that connect all living beings, all concepts, all space. It can be linked to the idea of the Correspondence point."
He explained.

He nodded. "Okay, that makes a lot more sense than when you tried to explain it to me using computer examples." He gave a bit of a smile.

"As for energy pathways between the Chankras there are several actually, one will both draw Prana down from the divine though the Njadis and draw one's own energy and energy of the divine feminine up though the Chakras using the Kundalini...well two different processes but one network to transport the energy but yes I get the concept."

"Right! That's it, so there are two processes, and we're going to do both...well, encourage them at least."

"I think I understand, connecting my Avatar and me to the divine, that which is above us so it can not fall bellow, connecting it to the eternal source of being, even if that being is not yet a being, it is the source of all creation and so can not be non existence?"

"We are deeply recognizing the connection that exits, that always has and will be. As we are not able to touch it so directly, but we may affirm it's existence eternal, and look up to it when we feel ourselves in need of that support. In that way, we cannot fall in the times of uncertainty...very well, let us proceed then with the first part, if you are ready."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Any way we can like block the manual fire signal?' giving a little frown.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a frown to this, then looked at the print-out map of the building. 'A sniper will want to be high, but with freedom of movement.' she'll say, half thinking aloud. 'I'd have already ID'd the best kill zones and most likely routes of attack... so covering all obvious entrances. Lay up before several firing positions, along with perhaps a few fakes too. So, depending on layout of building either the top floor or roof. P'haps both. Hmm...' giving another frown. 'Plus; they don't know our radar. Minus; vampire has fucking good NV. Plus; they don't know our capabilities. Minus; it's their turf...' biting her lip as she thought about it, trying to see if there were any alternative angles of entry which weren't obvious.

'How about if some of us perform a demonstration somewhere semi-visible to get the enemy's attention, allowing the sneaky ones amongst us-' glancing at the two Ratkin '-to make entry from a different direction? It's only one sniper, and I note from the intel that they don't like have a spotter.'

'Will need to deal with any traps first, mind.'

[MS roll? Nicole's trying to see if there's a way to enter the main building by a way which a) isn't obvious and b) has cover or at least concealment.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:02 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:The prisoner fell into a deep, peaceful sleep as your magick changed his inner reality. You saw the vampire's aura change from the flashing orange of deep fear and brown for bitterness all meshed together with a sort of static indicating his pain and confusion into a calm light blue, tinted with red, the vampire was still in pain but he was in a deep sleep and sinking deeper, you think you had triggered the natural ability of his kind to enter into a sort of restorative coma like the woman Colin was keeping in his workshop was in, which was probably for the best, one deeply asleep or unconscious perhaps the creature would not hurt anymore, only terror had kept him awake and now that he was sent to sleep, nature took over and sent him into that comatose state.

Serge watched the man sleep, watched as his aura shifted colors and the fire that raged in his mind cooled to simple embers. He was glad, this was what magick was meant to do. What his mentor had taught him.

Still there was a dark thought in his mind. The chief wouldn't injure a man this badly unless he had done something to harm or threaten them. And the memories he saw clearly showed his allegiance. He didn't know what the man's fate would be, but something told him it wouldn't be similar to their last two vampire guests.

Trying to distract himself from those thoughts he opened up his phone to see his cabalmates message.

Adley wrote:'There is some disturbance outside the sheild that is distressing my brother. I am sending my cabal leader to infirmary but perhaps you may also help?

He sent one back, "Sure thing. I'll head there now."

He then proceeded to alert the on duty guard about the sleeping vampire prisoner before heading up the stairs to the infirmary to see Kyle.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:30 am

[Basement]

He then proceeded to alert the on duty guard about the sleeping vampire prisoner before heading up the stairs to the infirmary to see Kyle.

You had to leave the magickal section of the basement and into the practical one to fin Jon who was on guard. The Virtual Adept nodded.
"A vampire in the large ritual room eh...ok but I can not really leave this hallway here so either he have to be moved here or someone else will have to watch over him."

[Narim's Room]

He nodded, "In any case, they are here for Jace, most likely congregating in or near the Labyrinth, to stay out of sight of our side or the Union for now..."

Adjan nodded at that.

He smiled thinly, "I do not believe it will, no. But it has scary clowns, so best stay away."

"Scary clowns? I am not sure I understand Sir."
Yu Die replied sounding confused.

He nodded, "You'll get there, heh, in time. For now, I guess you'll just have to entrust Anna's safety to me, then. But I've got to go. I'll see you both in a little bit."

"Yes I guess I will have to do so Sir...not that I do not trust you off course...and of course Sir do not let me keep you."
The Akashic said she was clearly not approving of taking Anna to the Labyrinth and she was worried but she was to polite to say so.

He frowned, typing back, 'Will do. However, we just found out that the Nightmare Carnival, an immense natural Caul, has just arrived in Boston. Its emissary is at the Labyrinth, and I believe the freak show will be headed there rather than to the lab - but if you see a scary clown or circus performer, exercise caution. Will call the apprentice before seeing to the vampire. Permission to consult with Prince regarding?'

You got a reply back that said.
"To Mr Wainwright
From JM
Damnation, I will be on the lookout hopefully the thing will not come here. As for the vampire yes please go see my student first. But for their leader is it really wise to contact him about killing one of their own?
Be Well
JM."

"That...at least seems basically similar."

Narim nodded at that.
"It to sound similar to me to what you explain as well, and we even have something similar to your Tree of Life, not exactly the same but similar."

He nodded. "Okay, that makes a lot more sense than when you tried to explain it to me using computer examples." He gave a bit of a smile.

The Virtual Adept gave a slightly self conscious smile.
"I guess it is due to me being religious."
He said with a sigh, this was a thing he caught some flack for from many others of his Tradition.
"I spoke using elements of my religion rather than my magickal world view, though for me I can fit those two together."

"Right! That's it, so there are two processes, and we're going to do both...well, encourage them at least."

"Ok, we where doing the first one now right before Miss Mar returned?"
Narim asked.

"We are deeply recognizing the connection that exits, that always has and will be. As we are not able to touch it so directly, but we may affirm it's existence eternal, and look up to it when we feel ourselves in need of that support. In that way, we cannot fall in the times of uncertainty...very well, let us proceed then with the first part, if you are ready."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.
"I am ready."
He said.
"What do you need me to do my love?"

[Infirmary]

Pocketing his phone again, he stepped into the infirmary and went to find Kyle, to deliver the little spirit.

You got into the infirmary, you found Bee still sleeping, the combination of exhaustion and Serge's sleeping spell meant she would be out for a while. Freddy to was sleeping soundly with the green teddy bear in her arms. Kira was awake and looking wide eyed at Kyle who was in the corner farthest from the windows, he was curled into a ball and bathed in sweat. The boy was rocking back and forth and muttered in Enochian again and again sounding scared and desperate. He was even paler than usual and really did not look well. Helena with a worried frown on her face was trying to calm the boy down while Richard stood a little away also looking concerned. Seeing you the Akashic said.
"Ah Colin, did Adley send you to try help calm the kid down?"

[Waltham]

Any way we can like block the manual fire signal?' giving a little frown.

"Not unless we know where it is, what it is and how it works."
Jeffry replied.

Nicole gave a frown to this, then looked at the print-out map of the building. 'A sniper will want to be high, but with freedom of movement.' she'll say, half thinking aloud. 'I'd have already ID'd the best kill zones and most likely routes of attack... so covering all obvious entrances. Lay up before several firing positions, along with perhaps a few fakes too. So, depending on layout of building either the top floor or roof. P'haps both. Hmm...' giving another frown. 'Plus; they don't know our radar. Minus; vampire has fucking good NV. Plus; they don't know our capabilities. Minus; it's their turf...' biting her lip as she thought about it, trying to see if there were any alternative angles of entry which weren't obvious.

"What is a radar Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked then he nodded to the rest you where saying.
"At least this sniper will be using bullets, that can be protected against."
He said as he glanced towards the building.

'How about if some of us perform a demonstration somewhere semi-visible to get the enemy's attention, allowing the sneaky ones amongst us-' glancing at the two Ratkin '-to make entry from a different direction? It's only one sniper, and I note from the intel that they don't like have a spotter.'

"I could put up a kinetic shield around one group who make an approach hoping to draw fire while our friends find a way in to scout for us."
The Chief agreed and the two rats nodded.

'Will need to deal with any traps first, mind.'

"Agreed, but we have to find such traps before we can deal with them. Also I got word from Mr Wainwright something...terrible is in Boston, hopefully it will not come here though but be aware our enemies might get aid."
Jeffry said.

You think with the layout of the building there should be a cellar entrance, this was a hospital it might have had a way to take bodies out, and supplies in, this entrance was not on the layout found online but it should be there somewhere and it could be possible to find it and if it was hidden it might be less protected.

(OOC: You got 3 successes so Nick will suspect there is another entrance and ca where to find it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:11 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Okay... so, shield the bomb? So it goes off it does no damage?'

Anja's Post:

'Radar is like a system of detecting things outside the normal range of vision - like say planes. How do you think I found the vampire so quick, sir?'

Anja's Post:

'Rather not test that, sir.' giving a little shudder.

Anja's Post:

'Tea Party Convention? Pat Buchanan? Rupert Murdoch, perhaps?' the Etherite quipped for a moment. 'Can't we simply set the traps off? Y'know, controlled explosion?'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... don't see any service entrances on this map. It's an old place, they'd have needed somewhere to, like load coal and shit. Though if they're going in as rats there's not much stopping 'em say using the guttering to get up to the roof.'

'What I'm thinking is that the enemy would be expecting us to attack from the road...' trying to find what side of this it would be on the map '-meaning that if the sneaky-team moves along the perimeter and then goes for the buildings in a completely different direction they might be able to avoid most of the defences.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:41 pm

[Waltham]

'Okay... so, shield the bomb? So it goes off it does no damage?'

"I somehow doubt that it is a bomb in the mundane sense Miss Bouchard but rather a spell that will be activated, if it function as a mundane bomb then yes I can contain the effect but there are many more ways to destroy an area than an explosion."
Jeffry replied.

'Radar is like a system of detecting things outside the normal range of vision - like say planes. How do you think I found the vampire so quick, sir?'

"I assumed you used a spell or some form of divination or scrying Miss Bouchard. Do this detection method work on the building itself?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

'Tea Party Convention? Pat Buchanan? Rupert Murdoch, perhaps?' the Etherite quipped for a moment. 'Can't we simply set the traps off? Y'know, controlled explosion?'

"No a natural Caul, but as corruption go not that far off."
The old war mage commented sourly.
"If the traps are actual explosions yes we can, if however they are...let us say set to drag everything within a given diameter into a hell realm or summon one of the dark things the Nephandi work with we might not want to set them of."
The Hermetic replied.

'Hmm... don't see any service entrances on this map. It's an old place, they'd have needed somewhere to, like load coal and shit. Though if they're going in as rats there's not much stopping 'em say using the guttering to get up to the roof.'

"You are right Miss Bouchard, chances are there is a service entrance somewhere, it could have been bricked up at some point but if we can find it then that might be a good eay to get in."
Jeffry said and you saw Axel pull something that looked like a giger counter out of his bag and he fiddled with it for a while and pointed it in different directions.
"Over there perhaps, about 500 meters from the building there is a corridor, it is party collapsed but if we make a new entrance we can get through."
The other Etherite said and Jeffry nodded.
"We can get inn almost everywhere if we get a bit of a distraction we can sneak right up the walls."
Gerda commented-
"That way we can figure out how the place look on the inside for you."
She offered.

What I'm thinking is that the enemy would be expecting us to attack from the road...' trying to find what side of this it would be on the map '-meaning that if the sneaky-team moves along the perimeter and then goes for the buildings in a completely different direction they might be able to avoid most of the defences.'

"Agreed...let us put together a quick distraction team, shield it and appear to be going for the building while the Ratkin sneak in the back entrance, when we can withdraw with it appearing like we have to retreat while we wait for our friends to return and hopefully give us more information about how things are looking inside."
The Chief said and Gerda nodded.
"Sure."
She replied with a shrug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:03 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Then, how do we deal with it?' Nicole replied, clearly irritated. 'What's stopping the enemy from simply blowing the place to hell as soon as we're spotted?'

Anja's Post:

'Don't see why not... unless it's shielded or something. Think we're too far out for it to work on the hospital yet... though try to see if it comes up yet.' turning to look at Hadermann's assistant, the bearer of Nicole's cell.

Anja's Post:

'Well, as long as we're not in the radius of the hell-portal I don't see a problem with that. And can't we deal with any nasties that come on-site? Just if we're doing a demonstration, nothing will alert the defences to make them go for us better than some exploding traps.'

Anja's Post:

'Or we can make our own entrance. Get up to the empty half of the building, brick through window.' Nicole replied. 'Unless all the first-floor windows have been bricked up...'

Anja's Post:

'Can you shield a car, sir? The sniper is unlikely to be packing like a anti-materiel rifle. Drive up to the front door and unload the strike team.' Nicole replied.

'C'mon... the idea is that other people have ideas too.' she'll complain, looking to others of the party.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next