Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 26 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:34 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'That is why I don't want us to split up much.'

Anja's Post:

'Ideally, it will be as much of "a fight" that sneaking up behind someone and putting a round in their head is one.' Nicole replied, giving an evil-looking smirk. 'You saw how they react to being on fire...'

'Unless anybody has any different ideas?' looking around at the group.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 26 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 am

[Waltham]

'That is why I don't want us to split up much.'

"Well we might have to if there are being in the Umbra that needs to be dealt with, we will not know before the situation arise."
Jeffry replied.

'Ideally, it will be as much of "a fight" that sneaking up behind someone and putting a round in their head is one.' Nicole replied, giving an evil-looking smirk. 'You saw how they react to being on fire...'

"If all go according to plan yes."
Gerda said with a frown.
"However if the vampire notice us there and some of them have good senses things might not go all that smoothly."

Unless anybody has any different ideas?' looking around at the group.

"The plan is...efficient but it is also callously risking the life of our allies Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said not sounding completely sold on the notion.
"Fine fine I will do it, but I will only drop the scroll or whatever on the sniper, and if he notice me I am out of there."
Gerda replied.
"I will work on the spell then."
Antonio said and he started quickly writing something up.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I am not sure I can trust you yet Mr Wainwright, no offense but I do not really know you, but if you do keep your word, then thank you. I do think my apprentice would like to have someone to talk to who are like herself."
The prisoner replied though he still gave you a stern look.
Colin nodded, "And if I can persuade her to shift her allegiance to the Light, as it were, then all the better - besides, I might be able to help guide her to greater strength than she currently possesses. To help her Avatar gain a more complete consciousness, if you will..."

Anja wrote:"Well a think like that are bound to have side effects, at least I do not have to worry about the long term ones."
The bound man said wryly.
He frowned, "Not much of a blessing, that..."

Anja wrote:"I am glad she approves, just please keep her out of our Caul."
The Nephandus said with a deep frown.
"No promises my good man."
Mia replied from your soul as she smugly sipped her tea.
He smiled wryly, "She says 'no promises, my good man', though I am... disinclined to go through the pain again. It hurts, after all."

Anja wrote:"That is not something I will discuss with you Mr Wainwright I am a loyal Nephandus and while you have treated me and my student kindly I will not betray my Labyrinth."
The Nephandus said firmly.
He nodded, "Quite fair. Had to ask, though. I'm sure we can get the answers out of someone else, if needs must be."

He shook his head, "Good night, we might not get a chance to speak again."
Then he left, pondering his next move for a moment, then headed up to Nico's apartment and gently knocked on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:08 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "And if I can persuade her to shift her allegiance to the Light, as it were, then all the better - besides, I might be able to help guide her to greater strength than she currently possesses. To help her Avatar gain a more complete consciousness, if you will..."

"I would certainly like for her to get a greater potential. As for her allegiance...she is...not Fallen she is allied with us for we took her in when she was abandoned."
He said with a sigh.
"She certainly have no allegiance to destroying the world on her own, she have not even sold herself to one of our Lords yet, she don't trust that one will not just take her in and abandon her."

He frowned, "Not much of a blessing, that..."

"No...but like I said while I am terrified, I am at peace with it. My Avatar do not wish for another incarnation and I do not want to live without her."
The prisoner said with a sigh.

He smiled wryly, "She says 'no promises, my good man', though I am... disinclined to go through the pain again. It hurts, after all."

"She is a smug one is she not?"
Tauge said with a bit of a smirk.
"Ah yes...I can quite imagine that it do."

He nodded, "Quite fair. Had to ask, though. I'm sure we can get the answers out of someone else, if needs must be."

"Perhaps so, but you will get none from me."
The prisoner replied.
"I will only aid with what directly concerns Wallace Jace and not my Labyrinth."

He shook his head, "Good night, we might not get a chance to speak again."

"Good night Mr Wainwright, and I would like that, sitting here is quite boring you know."
Tauge said with a wry smile.

[Nico's Room]

Then he left, pondering his next move for a moment, then headed up to Nico's apartment and gently knocked on the door.

The four Hermetics was just about ready to start their ritual when they heard a knock on the door. Nico excused themselves and went to open.
"Ah Mr Wainwright."
They said when they saw you. Colin will notice that they are holding a battery run engraving machine as the door was opened.
"What can I do for you?"
The rebis asked. You noticed Adley, Darrian and Crexia was also in the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:15 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I would certainly like for her to get a greater potential. As for her allegiance...she is...not Fallen she is allied with us for we took her in when she was abandoned."
He said with a sigh.
"She certainly have no allegiance to destroying the world on her own, she have not even sold herself to one of our Lords yet, she don't trust that one will not just take her in and abandon her."
Colin frowned, "Just like the Nephandi were, back before the Malfeans took over the whole affair... And I suppose she has some wisdom beyond her years when it comes to the Dark Masters..."

Anja wrote:"No...but like I said while I am terrified, I am at peace with it. My Avatar do not wish for another incarnation and I do not want to live without her."
The prisoner said with a sigh.
He nodded, "And I'll do what I can to ensure you don't get held back here as an angry ghost."

Anja wrote:"She is a smug one is she not?"
Tauge said with a bit of a smirk.
"Ah yes...I can quite imagine that it do."
He chuckled, "Infinitely so... on both counts."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so, but you will get none from me."
The prisoner replied.
"I will only aid with what directly concerns Wallace Jace and not my Labyrinth."
He nodded, "Then I will ask you if I learn of some more questions regarding the damnable butcher."

[Nico's Room]
Anja wrote:The four Hermetics was just about ready to start their ritual when they heard a knock on the door. Nico excused themselves and went to open.
"Ah Mr Wainwright."
They said when they saw you. Colin will notice that they are holding a battery run engraving machine as the door was opened.
"What can I do for you?"
The rebis asked. You noticed Adley, Darrian and Crexia was also in the room.
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, er, Adept Markov... I hope I'm not interrupting? I just came by to pick up the collar... Well, and I had a few other things I wanted to ask you about, but those can certainly wait for a more peaceful day..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:31 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "Just like the Nephandi were, back before the Malfeans took over the whole affair... And I suppose she has some wisdom beyond her years when it comes to the Dark Masters..."

"Many where infernalists back then and served the Dark Masters or just Gods that other groups of magi took offense at, but yes my apprentice is a quick study so she have some knowledge."
The Nephandus replied.

He nodded, "And I'll do what I can to ensure you don't get held back here as an angry ghost."

"Thank you...would would not like to become such a creature."
Tauge said sadly.

He chuckled, "Infinitely so... on both counts."

"Well I can not say to be a big fan of pain, unless it is at the hands of a beautiful woman...ehm...well anyway, and if your Avatar is anything like my student's she is more...relatable in many ways than most souls, more human."
The prisoner said with a slightly wry smile.

He nodded, "Then I will ask you if I learn of some more questions regarding the damnable butcher."

"You do that...hopefully your side will get him."
Tauge said grumpily.

[Nico's Room]

He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, er, Adept Markov... I hope I'm not interrupting? I just came by to pick up the collar... Well, and I had a few other things I wanted to ask you about, but those can certainly wait for a more peaceful day..."

"We had not started yet."
Nico said and they pulled a small pocket watch out of their jeans pocket and checked the time.
"I have one minutes until the planetary ruler change. Let me get that collar for you and then I am free to reply to questions after our ritual."
They informed you and they went to a cabinet and got something wrapped in dark blue velvet.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright, I have copied the original enchantment so it's activation is the same. I have added the designs you wanted. I hope you will be happy with it."
The Verditius said as they handed the collar over to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:49 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"For now yes though I do wonder what she is doing out there being a tree though."
Ange said with a frown.

"She might want to lure people in. If kids see a creepy tree they might be compelled to go touch it." he mused. "Or she might be resting trying to get back her strength. I noticed whenever she was injured she'd become more tree like."

Anja wrote:"I can forcefully re write his mind, but that is hardly therapy for now though with him being a prisoner soon to be sent to Horizon for...punishment, having him live in a pleasant illusion is probably the best kindness we can show, and it sounds like you gave him a pleasant illusion Serge."
Your Mentor said with a frown.
"Are you okey kid? You look down?"
She asked sounding concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Serge said hastily, very clearly bothered despite everything he said. "It's just...he was calling out for his mother. A mother who would never come. That....hits a little closer to home than I would like. Just brings back bad memories is all."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:01 pm

[Nico's rooms]

"Hum...well we can wipe the traces of the Resonance itself and then hide the working so that a regular examination for magickal residues and active effects will not show up."
Crexia said.
"It should be a minor thing to cast such an obfuscation spell once our working is complete."

"Very well I will explain that to him before we begin, hopefully that will satisfy him."

Nico nodded they picked up their engraving machine and then asked.
"Where do you want me to sit?"

"Near the center seems appropriate, or the quarter for earth..." he said. "Northwards..."

"I will be egoistic if you permit me Sodalis and say that we do the working on our guest first so that we can work out all the kinks out of the working before we do the one for my apprentice."
Darrian said and Crexia nodded.
"Seams reasonable enough Master Haagen."

"As you wish, sir."

"You are right, let us be in a presentable state when meeting the Divine."
Crexia said and she at this point decided to pull a large, silver bowl filled with water out of nothing, she put it on the table and then unbuttoned her cuffs and proceeded to was her hands and face before drying them on a fluffy towel she also pulled out of nowhere.
"Feel free to share my bowl Sodalis it is water from the waterfall my Chantry in Brazil is placed into the penumbra of."
She said as she indicated the bowl.

Crexia managed to surprise him fairly often, and this was another time to add to the list. "Thank you, ma'am. He cleaned off his hands and then offered her some of his water to drink. "We have one minute."

arrian returned. Crexia waited to see if you wanted to use her wash bowl as well before she sent it away again, probably back to Brazil.
"Well then Sdalis then we should be ready...we can begun when you are prepared Mr Roth Hicks."

"Let's..."

(Colin)left, pondering his next move for a moment, then headed up to Nico's apartment and gently knocked on the door.
The four Hermetics was just about ready to start their ritual when they heard a knock on the door. Nico excused themselves and went to open.
"Ah Mr Wainwright."
"What can I do for you?"

He eyed the door and Colin, wondering if his friend had come with some new information...or troubles to avoid.

"We had not started yet."
Nico said and they pulled a small pocket watch out of their jeans pocket and checked the time.
"I have one minutes until the planetary ruler change. Let me get that collar for you and then I am free to reply to questions after our ritual."
They informed you and they went to a cabinet and got something wrapped in dark blue velvet.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright, I have copied the original enchantment so it's activation is the same. I have added the designs you wanted. I hope you will be happy with it."

There was a big thick book open nearby, and a circle on the floor with the carpet rolled up. Adley nodded to Colin again similarly to how he had when he'd seen him downstairs, then turned his attention back to what appeared to be nothing, though quite intently - he was trying to keep himself focused for the working to come.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 pm

[Common Room]

"She might want to lure people in. If kids see a creepy tree they might be compelled to go touch it." he mused. "Or she might be resting trying to get back her strength. I noticed whenever she was injured she'd become more tree like."

"That would seam to be unlikely Serge as it is now rather far out into the evening so it is not likely any children will pass by and also likely she would need time to eat...hum...perhaps she is inured but then why recover right outside the home of her enemies?"
Ange said with a frown.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Serge said hastily, very clearly bothered despite everything he said. "It's just...he was calling out for his mother. A mother who would never come. That....hits a little closer to home than I would like. Just brings back bad memories is all."

"Do you want to talk about it Serge?"
Your Mentor asked still sounding concerned.
"And yes I understand that must have been hard, at least you managed to offer the poor man some respite. Also know this dear one, when you are in trouble I will always come for you, and as for your mother, she do love you, in her own way."
She said as she put a gentle hand on your shoulder.

[Nico's Room]

"Very well I will explain that to him before we begin, hopefully that will satisfy him."

Crexia nodded at that.

"Near the center seems appropriate, or the quarter for earth..." he said. "Northwards..."

"The quarter for the earth then."
Nico said with a smile.
"It seams the most appropriate."

"As you wish, sir."

Darrian nodded at that.

Crexia managed to surprise him fairly often, and this was another time to add to the list. "Thank you, ma'am. He cleaned off his hands and then offered her some of his water to drink. "We have one minute."

"Thank you Sodalis, but what I am do not require food or drink and I am not able to keep anything down without using magick to integrate it into my body."
Crexia said as she politely refused the water.

There was a big thick book open nearby, and a circle on the floor with the carpet rolled up. Adley nodded to Colin again similarly to how he had when he'd seen him downstairs, then turned his attention back to what appeared to be nothing, though quite intently - he was trying to keep himself focused for the working to come.

"I better go, the working we are doing are quite important Mr Wainwright...I will catch you later okey?"
Nico said with an apologetic look at Colin before they glanced back at the circle on the floor.

(OOC: Books and magic circles everywhere the Hermetic's natural habitat.)
(OOC 2: My pet spider is molting I am so worried about her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:39 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Many where infernalists back then and served the Dark Masters or just Gods that other groups of magi took offense at, but yes my apprentice is a quick study so she have some knowledge."
The Nephandus replied.
Colin nodded, "Many were infernalists, true, but a fair percentage of the Nephandi back then were simply Magi who were falsely accused of infernalism. I've spoken with an old Diedne, a Handler who fled during the Schism War... Before the Malfeans took over, your faction was not so... wholly dedicated to the cause you now pursue. I think I would have preferred you in that earlier incarnation, for lack of a better term."

Anja wrote:"Well I can not say to be a big fan of pain, unless it is at the hands of a beautiful woman...ehm...well anyway, and if your Avatar is anything like my student's she is more...relatable in many ways than most souls, more human."
The prisoner said with a slightly wry smile.
He chuckled, "If you've ever watched Downton Abbey, the good Dowager Countess of Grantham is a very good likeness, personality-wise."

Anja wrote:"You do that...hopefully your side will get him."
Tauge said grumpily.
He nodded, "I've seen how he might succeed, how he might elude us... but we have his Fetters; I have a piece of his Avatar... he is not getting away this time. We will find him, and htis time we will finish the job."

[Nico's Room]
S7trif3 wrote:He eyed the door and Colin, wondering if his friend had come with some new information...or troubles to avoid.
Anja wrote:"We had not started yet."
S7trif3 wrote:There was a big thick book open nearby, and a circle on the floor with the carpet rolled up. Adley nodded to Colin again similarly to how he had when he'd seen him downstairs, then turned his attention back to what appeared to be nothing, though quite intently - he was trying to keep himself focused for the working to come.
Anja wrote:"I better go, the working we are doing are quite important Mr Wainwright...I will catch you later okey?"
Nico said with an apologetic look at Colin before they glanced back at the circle on the floor.
He nodded, accepting the little bundle, "Of course, please forgive my disruption - I had no idea you were setting up a ritual."
He bowed quickly to the gathered Magi, "Pardon me, I'll not interrupt you again."

He stepped back smoothly, and headed back to his own apartment, stepping inside with a soft sigh.

((OOC: I'm sure she'll be fine, and cheerfully eating crickets while she showers you with love, affection, or butt hairs soon enough. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'With any luck, they'll be distracted by the distraction, the arriving cars or the fact we've entered the building.'

Anja's Post:

'Less callous than sending people to go up the stairs to the roof, knowing the sniper would have by then shifted their aim to the door. I suppose we could hope that the round will only graze their skull so they can fire back before the second one paints their brains on the wall.' the Etherite replied. 'And we can have the secondary team immediately push upwards towards the roof to distract the target.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "Many were infernalists, true, but a fair percentage of the Nephandi back then were simply Magi who were falsely accused of infernalism. I've spoken with an old Diedne, a Handler who fled during the Schism War... Before the Malfeans took over, your faction was not so... wholly dedicated to the cause you now pursue. I think I would have preferred you in that earlier incarnation, for lack of a better term."

"I have to admit to not knowing to much about our ancient history, or who I myself was in centuries past. All my soul have told me is that she have been Fallen for many lives."
Tauge said with a sigh.
"But yes once the Nephandi, before it was called so was a gathering of infernalists and those called demon worshipers by other groups until the Eaters of the Weak took over and made the Nephandi into what it is today.

He chuckled, "If you've ever watched Downton Abbey, the good Dowager Countess of Grantham is a very good likeness, personality-wise."

"I have not seen that series I however do get the point I think, she is quite a lady."
The prisoner said and Mia smiled and sipped her tea again.

He nodded, "I've seen how he might succeed, how he might elude us... but we have his Fetters; I have a piece of his Avatar... he is not getting away this time. We will find him, and htis time we will finish the job."

Tauge got a dark look in his eyes and he nodded.
"See to it that you do."

[Nico's Room]

He nodded, accepting the little bundle, "Of course, please forgive my disruption - I had no idea you were setting up a ritual."
He bowed quickly to the gathered Magi, "Pardon me, I'll not interrupt you again."

"Oh you did not need to apologize Mr Wainwright, you did not know. What if I give you a call when we are done here."
Nico said with a friendly smile.

[Casa Wainwright]

He stepped back smoothly, and headed back to his own apartment, stepping inside with a soft sigh.

You found Yu Die sleeping on the sofa. Anna sat on the floor beside her reading a book. Your apprentice looked up and smiled.
"Hey dad."
She said.
"Yu Die got sleepy so I told her to have a nap she did not want to go to Jane's place and sleep before I leave for the mission...how are things going? Is Mr Yager safe from that tree lady?"

[Waltham]

With any luck, they'll be distracted by the distraction, the arriving cars or the fact we've entered the building.'

"There is always hoping but in my experience everything that can go to shit will go to shit."
Gerda grumbled.

'Less callous than sending people to go up the stairs to the roof, knowing the sniper would have by then shifted their aim to the door. I suppose we could hope that the round will only graze their skull so they can fire back before the second one paints their brains on the wall.' the Etherite replied. 'And we can have the secondary team immediately push upwards towards the roof to distract the target.'

"That is what kinetic shields are for, avoiding such a scenario Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said and Gerda sigh.
"It is okey. I do it...it will take me a bit to get up there though after all while a rat can run rather quickly I am also fairly small."
She said as she accepted a tiny spell from Antonio.
"It is that roof over there right?"
She asked and nodded.
"If so give me five minutes."

(OOC: Hufsa is out safely, and hiding in a hole with her molt as the roof so I can not see how she turned out yet but she is safe and well thankfully.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I have to admit to not knowing to much about our ancient history, or who I myself was in centuries past. All my soul have told me is that she have been Fallen for many lives."
Tauge said with a sigh.
"But yes once the Nephandi, before it was called so was a gathering of infernalists and those called demon worshipers by other groups until the Eaters of the Weak took over and made the Nephandi into what it is today.
Colin nodded, "It was a shameful time for the Order of Hermes, mostly... but that's neither here nor now."

[Nico's Room]
Anja wrote:"Oh you did not need to apologize Mr Wainwright, you did not know. What if I give you a call when we are done here."
Nico said with a friendly smile.
He nodded, "If you'd like. Nothing urgent, as I said."

[Casa Wainwright]
He smiled warmly, "Hey, Sweetie. Things are... going. And I believe Mr. Yager is quite safe still - Dr. Boudavich should be reviewing the immediate battle plan with him right now, but there's something more important we ought to take care of. I was planning on giving you this for Christmas, but what with things being a little chaotic right now, and all that, well..."
He closed the door and walked over to Anna, handing over the little velvet bundle, "Here, Adept Markov might want the velvet cloth back, but... have a look."

((OOC: Good thing she's in good health. Colin can relate. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:16 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "It was a shameful time for the Order of Hermes, mostly... but that's neither here nor now."

"Yes it hardly matters right now."
Tauge said with a slightly sad smile.
"Hum...my Avatar is...commenting something but I do not understand her."

[Nico's Room]

He nodded, "If you'd like. Nothing urgent, as I said."

"Very well but I can call anyway Mr Wainwright...oh and before I forget I finished the glass bullet you wanted me to see if I could make. I just need to put it in a casing, and I might ask Bruce to do that for me his is better with weapons than me."
Nico said and they blushed a little when they mentioned your large Cabalmate.
"Well ehm...U should get back to the ritual..."

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled warmly, "Hey, Sweetie. Things are... going. And I believe Mr. Yager is quite safe still - Dr. Boudavich should be reviewing the immediate battle plan with him right now, but there's something more important we ought to take care of. I was planning on giving you this for Christmas, but what with things being a little chaotic right now, and all that, well..."
He closed the door and walked over to Anna, handing over the little velvet bundle, "Here, Adept Markov might want the velvet cloth back, but... have a look."

Anna carefully marked her place in the book and put it aside then she got up and accepted the velvet pouch, she looked into it and grinned.
"Ohh it is finished...my own collar...thanks dad!"
She said happily as she took the silvery piece up and admired it. The Verditius had done a marvelous job, the collar was similar to the one Honey wore but while the two Cultist's piece was made to look like a collar, that was the point, this piece had delicate engravings all around it making it look like a tasteful piece of fine jewelry.
"It is beautiful dad."
Anna said as she held the piece up so it could catch the light.

(OOC: It was touch and go for a while as Hufsa manage to get one leg placed the wrong way and she got turned over on her side, but she got out all limbs intact it seams, she is so fragile now I have not wanted to disturb her to check on her other that looking through the glass, but she walks, stretches and seam to be fine. I had hoped she would turn more orange but instead her markings have gotten more terracotta brown but that is a minor thing I am just glad she is healthy. Now we will see how much she grows before she hardens again. This might be her last molt before the one where she reach maturity, depending on how big she gets. Colin can indeed relate.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:24 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes it hardly matters right now."
Tauge said with a slightly sad smile.
"Hum...my Avatar is...commenting something but I do not understand her."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Perhaps I might make sense of it for you?"

[Nico's Room]
Anja wrote:"Very well but I can call anyway Mr Wainwright...oh and before I forget I finished the glass bullet you wanted me to see if I could make. I just need to put it in a casing, and I might ask Bruce to do that for me his is better with weapons than me."
Nico said and they blushed a little when they mentioned your large Cabalmate.
"Well ehm...U should get back to the ritual..."
He nodded and gave them a wry smile, "Excellent... they are more gruesome than I had initially thought, but I can't deny their efficiency. I'll let Mr. King know, though perhaps Miss Bouchard would be better able to help - I believe she may be the best gunsmith we have in the Chantry. Unless, of course, you have a personal... preference in the matter. Thank you, and best of luck."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna carefully marked her place in the book and put it aside then she got up and accepted the velvet pouch, she looked into it and grinned.
"Ohh it is finished...my own collar...thanks dad!"
She said happily as she took the silvery piece up and admired it. The Verditius had done a marvelous job, the collar was similar to the one Honey wore but while the two Cultist's piece was made to look like a collar, that was the point, this piece had delicate engravings all around it making it look like a tasteful piece of fine jewelry.
"It is beautiful dad."
Anna said as she held the piece up so it could catch the light.
He nodded, "They finished it, yes, and they also managed to make the glass bullets I'd asked them about. I'm going to ask them about making a marble for you next; like the one you carried everywhere in your previous life. But that's a concern for later - would you like to change to the, hm, fashion statement now, or would you prefer to wait until Freddy's awake and able to participate? Either works for me, but I think it would be nice to be able to return the loaner to its proper owners before the vacation."

((OOC: I suppose the markings may yet shift in color. And the important thing is that she's doing well, right?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm

[Basement]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Perhaps I might make sense of it for you?"

"I can try."
Tauge said and he tried to form the words and they sounded like Enochian, spoken by someone who did not know the language.
"Something like...that like I said I do not understand what she is saying so it is probably not meant for me."

[Nico's Room]

He nodded and gave them a wry smile, "Excellent... they are more gruesome than I had initially thought, but I can't deny their efficiency. I'll let Mr. King know, though perhaps Miss Bouchard would be better able to help - I believe she may be the best gunsmith we have in the Chantry. Unless, of course, you have a personal... preference in the matter. Thank you, and best of luck."

"I ehm...well yes Miss Bouchard is a really good gunsmith...I ehm...Bruce have taken an interest in my work with glass so ehm..."
Nico said and they bushed again.
"So perhaps I should use this excuse to go see him...I mean...perhaps it would be good to ask his help on this."

[Casa Wainwright]

He nodded, "They finished it, yes, and they also managed to make the glass bullets I'd asked them about. I'm going to ask them about making a marble for you next; like the one you carried everywhere in your previous life. But that's a concern for later -

"Ohh a marble."
Anna said and her eyes light up..
"A bullet made from sand that my...Avatar will make...oh boy that will get awkward when I start spewing out sand everywhere."
She said with a frown.

would you like to change to the, hm, fashion statement now, or would you prefer to wait until Freddy's awake and able to participate? Either works for me, but I think it would be nice to be able to return the loaner to its proper owners before the vacation."

"I think I would like to change to the new one now. That way we can send the one that belong to Miss Wellspring and Miss Piti back them, perhaps we can ask Lady Crexia to bring it back to Chicago."
Your apprentice said with a nod.
"I would really like to see Freddy though, is she still sleeping? is she okey?"
She added in a concerned tone of voice.

(OOC: She might change her exact color up until she reach maturity but as she have gotten more and more terracotta that is not likely to change. It means she is probably of an older bloodline so to speak, the really pumpkin spice orange ones are more striking but they have been more heavily selected and bred, the more naturally colored ones are healthier and live longer so that is good and yes the most important thing is that she is healthy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:29 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I can try."
Tauge said and he tried to form the words and they sounded like Enochian, spoken by someone who did not know the language.
"Something like...that like I said I do not understand what she is saying so it is probably not meant for me."
Colin's brow furrowed, as he fished out his notebook and scrawled down the phrase phonetically as best he could, "Most unusual; it sounds like Enochian, about as well as I could speak it. Well, I can ask around, see if anyone might have an idea."

[Nico's Room]
Anja wrote:"I ehm...well yes Miss Bouchard is a really good gunsmith...I ehm...Bruce have taken an interest in my work with glass so ehm..."
Nico said and they bushed again.
"So perhaps I should use this excuse to go see him...I mean...perhaps it would be good to ask his help on this."
He grinned, "Well, best focus on the working for now, and less critical matters later."
Half-turning away, he added, "By the way, Amicus, the disguised would-be assassin's Avatar said something, apparently in Enochian. It sounded like <poorly enunciated Enochian> - does that mean anything?"

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Ohh a marble."
Anna said and her eyes light up..
"A bullet made from sand that my...Avatar will make...oh boy that will get awkward when I start spewing out sand everywhere."
She said with a frown.
He smiled thinly, "Well, more like sweating it, really... We'll deal with that when it happens."

Anja wrote:"I think I would like to change to the new one now. That way we can send the one that belong to Miss Wellspring and Miss Piti back them, perhaps we can ask Lady Crexia to bring it back to Chicago."
Your apprentice said with a nod.
"I would really like to see Freddy though, is she still sleeping? is she okey?"
She added in a concerned tone of voice.
He nodded, "I really ought to clean it properly, too, so I can find the time for that now. And Freddy should still be sleeping with her green teddy bear. She's still on painkillers after her operation, and she will be just fine, she simply needs a little time to rest, that's all."
He sighed, "Well, would you be a dear and fetch one of the suitably sharp knives in the kitchen for me, while I clear off the table? Oh, and a band-aid, too, of course."
He started moving things aside, so he could put the new collar on Anna without making a mess of everything.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:46 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"That would seam to be unlikely Serge as it is now rather far out into the evening so it is not likely any children will pass by and also likely she would need time to eat...hum...perhaps she is inured but then why recover right outside the home of her enemies?"
Ange said with a frown.

"She did become more tree like the more injured she got. That could just be her resting form." he agreed. " As for her resting location. I dunno? Seems like there'd be a million places better than outside the place that houses some of the few people that could see and injure you."

Anja wrote:"Do you want to talk about it Serge?"
Your Mentor asked still sounding concerned.
"And yes I understand that must have been hard, at least you managed to offer the poor man some respite. Also know this dear one, when you are in trouble I will always come for you, and as for your mother, she do love you, in her own way."
She said as she put a gentle hand on your shoulder.

Serge stayed silent for a bit as he thought about it before saying, "Yeah, I know. I'm a lot luckier than he is. Dont think now is a good time to talk about it though. Too much going on. I still have people to help. Can't get distracted now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:50 pm

[Basement]

Colin's brow furrowed, as he fished out his notebook and scrawled down the phrase phonetically as best he could, "Most unusual; it sounds like Enochian, about as well as I could speak it. Well, I can ask around, see if anyone might have an idea."

"It could be something completely unrelated as well, like I said I have no idea what she said."
Tauge said.

[Nico's Room]

He grinned, "Well, best focus on the working for now, and less critical matters later."

"Ehm...yes...yes off course."
Nico said and they blushed again.

Half-turning away, he added, "By the way, Amicus, the disguised would-be assassin's Avatar said something, apparently in Enochian. It sounded like <poorly enunciated Enochian> - does that mean anything?"

It sounded like Enochian but with someone who did not know the language jotting it down phonetically it was hard to say what it meant.

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled thinly, "Well, more like sweating it, really... We'll deal with that when it happens."

"Well it will anyway be rather embarrassing I will not be able to go anywhere what if someone saw!"
Anna exclaimed and she sounded mortified.

He nodded, "I really ought to clean it properly, too, so I can find the time for that now. And Freddy should still be sleeping with her green teddy bear. She's still on painkillers after her operation, and she will be just fine, she simply needs a little time to rest, that's all."

"It is good she is sleeping and we should not disturb her, but I am worried about her."
Your apprentice said with a frown.
"Is the painkillers helping her? She is not hurting or anything is she?"

He sighed, "Well, would you be a dear and fetch one of the suitably sharp knives in the kitchen for me, while I clear off the table? Oh, and a band-aid, too, of course."
He started moving things aside, so he could put the new collar on Anna without making a mess of everything.

"I can do that dad, but we do have a pack of sterile scalpels in the medicine cabinet, for when Dr Lee needs a droplet of my blood to check...check for ehm...ah yes how much oxygen is in my blood."
Anna replied.
"I can get those and the band aids..."
She offered.
"They are so sharp that it hardly hurts."

[Common Room]

"She did become more tree like the more injured she got. That could just be her resting form." he agreed. " As for her resting location. I dunno? Seems like there'd be a million places better than outside the place that houses some of the few people that could see and injure you."

"Indeed it do not make sense that she is just resting out there."
Ange said as she looked out the window again.
"Hum...perhaps I should go and talk with her...see what she says..."
She added more to herself than anyone else.

Serge stayed silent for a bit as he thought about it before saying, "Yeah, I know. I'm a lot luckier than he is. Dont think now is a good time to talk about it though. Too much going on. I still have people to help. Can't get distracted now."

"I would never pressure you to talk about it Serge, I respect your decision but remember that helping yourself is the key to being able to help others, so taking a little while to take care of your own health might benefit everyone."
Your Mentor said and she gave you a warm smile.
"It is up to you but I am here if you need me."

(OOC; Strife if you can give me a appropriate roll for finding out what Tauge said and make sense of it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:59 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah. But you did say your talents lie in stealth and not straight fights.' Nicole replied, looking to the Ratkin. 'Is there something which can be done to improve their stealth ability?' looking back to the rest of the group with a questioning look.

Anja's Post:

'Yet we don't know what they're packing. Don't want to discover they've got like an anti-materiel rifle which can get through a shield.' Nicole counted. 'Though I'd like one of them...'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, it's there.' gesturing to the area with a ceramic finger. 'But hopefully we'll get a better lock with the radar before you start to climb - so you'll know pretty much exactly where the target is. We'll push upwards as quickly as possible, just in case. But we might be delayed by hostiles or traps and shit.'

'Which is another reason going up the pipes might work. Less chance of them being trapped.'

[Some dusty corner of my memory says females continue to moult even when mature, through infrequently.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:44 pm

[Waltham]

'Yeah. But you did say your talents lie in stealth and not straight fights.' Nicole replied, looking to the Ratkin. 'Is there something which can be done to improve their stealth ability?' looking back to the rest of the group with a questioning look.

"Yeah...enemies are so much easier to deal with if they never see me coming."
Gerda replied. Fran spoke up.
"Well she is not a car but Master Morgan do you think you can cast the spell you are using on the cars to hind them to hide our ally here as well?"
Jeffry considered for a moment then he smiled.
"Yes certainly I can render her invisible and soundless for a while."
He said and Gerda grinned.
"Now that would be helpful."

'Yet we don't know what they're packing. Don't want to discover they've got like an anti-materiel rifle which can get through a shield.' Nicole counted. 'Though I'd like one of them...'

"Hum...yes such a weapon would be useful."
The war mage agreed then he nodded.
"Well as our ally have agreed to help out that is an acceptable solution."

'Yeah, it's there.' gesturing to the area with a ceramic finger. 'But hopefully we'll get a better lock with the radar before you start to climb - so you'll know pretty much exactly where the target is. We'll push upwards as quickly as possible, just in case. But we might be delayed by hostiles or traps and shit.'

Gerda nodded at that.
"I think Strawberry should stay with you, if I get killed she will know it."
Gerda said. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well everyone let us do our final preparations and get going then."
He said before he went over to the cars to finish setting up his spells on them.

'Which is another reason going up the pipes might work. Less chance of them being trapped.'

"That is a good point."
Fran said as she spent the preparation time checking her weapons again and then she gave a satisfied nod. Everyone else also got ready, some casting spells others checking equipment. Gerda leaned over to you and asked.
"What happens if you catch mages by surprise it seams to be allot of prep time taking pace here."

(OOC: Yes females continue to molt and grow a little bit their entire lives, though old ones can take years between molts. I had a old Rose Hair, 27 years old, she took 3 years between molts or so, but she did molt right up until the end, in fact she died only two weeks after her final molt.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:45 pm

[Nico's rooms]

"The quarter for the earth then."
Nico said with a smile.
"It seams the most appropriate."

He nodded in agreement. "Reasonable."

"Thank you Sodalis, but what I am do not require food or drink and I am not able to keep anything down without using magick to integrate it into my body."
Crexia said as she politely refused the water.

"Ah, of course. Pardon."

"By the way, Amicus, the disguised would-be assassin's Avatar said something, apparently in Enochian. It sounded like <poorly enunciated Enochian> - does that mean anything?"

He blinked at him, like a cat who was just told that it could not go outside when it wanted to do that, and then frowned in thought as he switched his attention to the question.

Adley nodded again, re-gathering his intent back around him. "We should not delay. I will begin," he said to the others once Nico rejoined them.

// I'm so tired guys...omg.
// ooc: enochian language roll I think - 7,7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:22 pm

[Nico's rooms]

He nodded in agreement. "Reasonable."

Nico smiled at that.

"Ah, of course. Pardon."

"It is an easy detail to forget."
Crexia replied gracefully.

He blinked at him, like a cat who was just told that it could not go outside when it wanted to do that, and then frowned in thought as he switched his attention to the question.

You where not completely sure, it was not easy to understand what one person who did not speak Enochian thought his Avatar said, then tried to speak it, and then another person tried to write that down, but you think there was something about a second entrance, and breaking through at the five obsidian hands, the rest was just garbled.

Adley nodded again, re-gathering his intent back around him. "We should not delay. I will begin," he said to the others once Nico rejoined them.

Nico quickly got back into the circle, once they had said good bye to Colin, they sat down with their engraving machine and got the glass discs ready.
"We appear to be ready Sodali."
Crexia declared and Darrian nodded.
"I will follow your lead then Mr Roth Hicks."
He told you, not that used to ritual magick but he had some training in it so he knew what to do, it was just not the method he was used to working.

(OOC: You should get some rest. Take care of yourself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:00 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"It could be something completely unrelated as well, like I said I have no idea what she said."
Tauge said.
Colin pondered, "It could... but I find that implausible. Avatars are not prone to, hm, saying things without reason; even shard clusters like mine, while chatty, don't necessarily speak unless there's some advice or information they feel a need to offer - and even less so when speaking in a language their host doesn't speak. I suspect the message is important, but it's not you nor I who is the intended recipient. I will ask a Hermetic."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Well it will anyway be rather embarrassing I will not be able to go anywhere what if someone saw!"
Anna exclaimed and she sounded mortified.
He bit back a chuckle, putting on a serious expression, "Sweetie, you're growing up. Over the next few years, there are many things about your body that will feel awkward and embarrassing, and for most of those things, Freddy will be a better advisor than I. The sand, though... honestly, I don't think anyone will notice unless they touch you; you'll want to try to collect any sand that comes off on seats and the like, since it has some odd properties, and could fathomably be an arcane link to you... but it will likely only be as embarrassing as you allow it to be."

Anja wrote:"It is good she is sleeping and we should not disturb her, but I am worried about her."
Your apprentice said with a frown.
"Is the painkillers helping her? She is not hurting or anything is she?"
He shook his head, "She's got a tube in her arm to feed her those painkillers - so long as those are properly administered, she's not in pain, and she'll heal just fine. Your future self told Dr. Acevedo as much - though I'm still a little disappointed you don't come look up your old man when you come visiting this time again. I understand why you might not want to, though, so don't worry too much about it."

Anja wrote:"I can do that dad, but we do have a pack of sterile scalpels in the medicine cabinet, for when Dr Lee needs a droplet of my blood to check...check for ehm...ah yes how much oxygen is in my blood."
Anna replied.
"I can get those and the band aids..."
She offered.
"They are so sharp that it hardly hurts."
He frowned, "Oh, rightl Dr. Lee left a pack of those... Yes, that will do just fine. I'll only need a drop of my blood, after all."

((OOC: The forum lives again. Looks like it was something of an extended maintenance cycle this time.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:07 pm

[Nico's room]

After deliberating, he said in a musing tone, "Possibly...something to do with a second entry, entrance? And breaking through five obsidian hands. The rest..." he shook his head, bewildered, glancing at his sodalis to see if they had any input.

"I will follow your lead then Mr Roth Hicks."
He told you

He placed a bookmark on the page so that his voice would not blow the correct pages away in the middle of his incantations. He gave Darrian a solemn nod of his head, and then started with the basics, calling quarters, the signs of the cross, and the greater pentagram, and calling the appropriate holy Names that corresponded to the planes as well as the correct permutation cycle's Name. Then, he proceeded to the next section, where he would follow the workings for each person's talisman one then the other, before closing up the circle at the very end. This middle of the working was as he had described within his notes, with a detailed explanation of what sort of forces they would be protected against, and to whom the protection was requested for - it was at this point, during the second intonation, that he had stepped back to allow Darrian to imbue the talisman and offer the Name as he felt most comfortable. During the first, he had used Thomas Griffith's Name, and kept a firm image of the young man he had known if briefly - what his adopted parents had bestowed upon him, as well as the dram of quintessence.

It was important not to hurry, but to speak it all as clearly as he could: 'May these holy Names deliver and sanctify (here, the correct Name of the person was used), safeguarding them from evil, all harms and injuries of mind, body and spirit whether personal or their higher spiritual aspects, against their Self, let not the evil eye see them, nor demons, fiends and malicious spirits touch them in any way, nor any malignant intent touch them, nor curses or ailments of the body, whether it is day, at night, in dreams, in waking, in thoughts; let these Names rebuke and dismiss them, whether these evils be near or far, or on other planes. Especially we ask that they be protected from the one who we know as Wallace Jace and all his agents, allies, minions and forces, let them be protected from the Nephandi, dark ghosts and the undead, those tainted by dark Spirit, from those dark Forces that we can Name and those UnNamable. By these holy Names do we give the strength of Keter the crown that is reflected in Malkuth...let them and that which cannot be touched that walks with them in their unique path for this permutation, be sealed against evil, let it pass them, unharmed, unmarked, and unsullied.' He gestured for prime and corpus, at appropriate points and with Crexia, Darrian and Nico's help, shunted the quintessence through the works.

// I slept 10 hours. Still tired, just thinking about going back tomorrow lol. Glad I had not yet hit send, on this post since it would have been eaten
ooc2: spirit 2, prime 2, life 1, and correspondence 1 on Adley's side during the right places in this whole thing - plus the quint that is used on the item for Thomas. I made series of rolls, for each person and the whole of the ritual - this will be similar to the ones done on each individual, and since it will take place during the hour, he will afterward need stamina penalty checks anyway if he casts in the same hour since his max cap for rolls on an extended working is 11 (arete 4+ WP 7) and his stamina is 2. It makes most sense to conceive of it all as one working, though, broken up into parts, lmk if you think different of course. I didn’t retype the parts already recently described.
roll 1 open ritual (quarters, cross, GP): 7, 1, 5, 6
roll 2 (Thomas): 8, 4, 9, 5; 3, 7, 8, 7
roll 3 (Cava): 7, 2, 3, 3; 8, 9, 4, 4;
roll 4: close ritual (keyword, open circle): 7, 2, 9, 4

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a thing)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next