Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 07, 2021 9:48 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "And won't that make for a wonderful surprise guard for any would-be trespassers?"
Anja wrote:Rodrigo wriggeled his butt and shot out little slime hairs that exploded into fireworks and he looked very pleased with himself.
Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, then looked to Serge, "I'll admit, that was a surprise."
Anja wrote:Rodrigo looked rather pleased at himself.

"Damn! Your already learning new attacks!" Serge said, looking amused himself as he tried to reach out and touch the fireworks. "Now you just need to focus on manifesting into the real world. So that everyone else can see your cool attacks."

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan nodded along with Serge's list. This was more like it. Libraries were like happy families: all basically the same no matter how different they looked. But all this other stuff had some promise.

She gave him a coy look. "What makes you think I wouldn't want to go to the Chapel? You never made-out with someone in a chapel before?" And she laughed and adopted a faux-serious expression.

"Never made out with anyone ever. But I have been to a chapel though. Stain glass windows are so fucking cool looking." Serge said chuckling before quickly brushing past that particular topic. "You and your Fiery Red hair don't exactly scream 'pure innocent church girl'. But hey, I've been wrong in the past."

Morrigan wrote:"Where do you work? Can I see that? If it's too personal I understand. But..." she held up one finger, "If I can see your workspace I'll trade you for some Stupid Ninja tricks. Blow your freaking mind. And has the side benefit of generations of Akashic Masters spinning in their graves." She was always interested in seeing other artist's workspaces. But she knew from Narim that Serge was the target of the mysterious banshee attack. And if there was one thing the Fae loved it was art stuff. So she thought she could grab a headstart on that business too.

"Deal!" Serge said almost immediately once the prospect of Ninja tricks was brought about. "And don't you ever call your Ninja tricks stupid! Those tricks are glorious works of art that have inspired thousands of fantasy creators throughout generation." he said in a faux-serious tone, though Morrigan would see a hint of actual admiration in Serge's face.

"The only thing that I do that could be considered 'work' is drawing. And I don't really consider that 'work'." he added, "But for the promise of Ninja tricks I'll be willing to reconsider. That means we're headed to my room. Let's go! Onwards!"

With seemingly no concern over leading a newcomer to his room, the young Ecstatic pointed his finger forwards in the direction he was headed and began walking off towards the stairway.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri May 07, 2021 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Warpmind Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Jeremy wrote:"Damn! Your already learning new attacks!" Serge said, looking amused himself as he tried to reach out and touch the fireworks. "Now you just need to focus on manifesting into the real world. So that everyone else can see your cool attacks."
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, speaking from experience, fireworks that you don't see coming tend to be more effective... also, there might be some issues with explosions inside Toby's passages, so I hope you're going to teach Rodrigo some basic fire control."

[Morning Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I see, well now you know what might happen you will stop it right dad?"
Anna asked then she smiled a ltitle at the mention of Yu Die.
"I will go see Dr Lee right after breakfast...I am sure I will be fine though, I might just need to use my mask for a bit longer today than usual, perhaps some of that medicine that make my breath easier."
She mushed.
"Don't worry dad and I will talk with Yu Die as well."
He nodded, "Now I am alerted to it... and I'm sure you are fine, but I won't take any chances."
He shoveled in another mouthful of food, "Oh, and there's a new Chantry member called Morrigan here, it seems - a little fireball, by the looks of it. And from first impressions, she might prove to be the good kind of bad influence on Serge."
He grinned, "When you see her, make sure to address her with the respect you would offer to someone like Lady Crexia, or the Deacons. She seems very much the sort to take lightly on rank authority, so I sort of want to know how long she'll last when addressed as a senior herself."

((OOC: Ah, yes... "Master Babu, I'm not sure how to put this, but it seems a quite attractive new Akashic arrived at Steelhaven Hall, and your grandson brought her to his apartment right away." "Oh, good, he's finally catching on to our practices." "Er, not so much - seems like if there was any seduction, it was all her doing..." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 07, 2021 10:54 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

Nicole sighed and threw up her hands at this; the conversation was going around in circles and her desire to continue had been worn to nothing.

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Didn't read the correct ones, then. Missed where he tells how the great future humanity can have if only the well-organised, scientific elite can form a world government and suppress all the superstitions holding the ordinaries back.' the Etherite replied, giving a tiny smirk while playing with an old-fashioned lighter with her gloved hand.

[This is actually true.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Sat May 08, 2021 3:34 am

[Narim's Room Earlier]
Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:
"Well Strawberry actually live with Tane Karyak who have an off Chantry place on the docks where he live with Coawa, Strawberry and another shapeshifter a werspider by the name of Alessa, though she seldom visit Steelhaven while Strawberry seam to come here quite often."
Narim explained with a slight smile at the young Akashic's anthusiasm.
Morrigan was now pretty interested. "I've never one of Ananasi's children before. I've heard stories. Lots of stories. I can't wait to make the rounds."

"Well we do have wards I guess they could be seen as magical bear traps."
The Virtual Adept said scratching his head.
"There is a Security Chief and he lead Chantry defenses so details in that department have to go through him, Jeffry Morgan is his name he is also one of the Deacons of the Chantry, you find his office down on the first floor though I suspect he is sleeping right now after the run on a Labyrinth we had tonight."
Morrigan nodded. "Cool beans. I love helping out. But I don't want to helpful my way into a desk job or anything."

Narim nodded and stood.
"Very well, what if for now I get you a place to stay and you can meet more of the Chantry members and Lady Mara once everyone have had a chance for some rest and we can talk more then,and you can decide if you are itnerested in becoming a membery of Steelhaven Hall."
The technomancer offered.
"I am afraid the furnishing are a bit oldfashioned in the unused apartments but I am sure that can be fixed later if you decide to stay, the apartments are like mine, not large but comfortable enough."
He said gesturing around his colorful livingroom.
Morrigan jumped up and clapped. "Excellent! I really appreciate the help. I'd love to see my room!"

[Steelhaven 5 30]
[quote="Jeremy Silverstein"]
Serge wrote:"Never made out with anyone ever. But I have been to a chapel though. Stain glass windows are so fucking cool looking." Serge said chuckling before quickly brushing past that particular topic. "You and your Fiery Red hair don't exactly scream 'pure innocent church girl'. But hey, I've been wrong in the past."
Morrigan flipped her hair around her fingers. "Back across the pond ginger and good Catholic girl are practically synonyms. But innocent is, like everywhere, mostly a matter of how you define you terms." A pause. "Never? Well, if that's by choice, more power to you. If not, let me know. We can hit the clubs sometime. I'm a great wingmwan."

Serge wrote:"Deal!" Serge said almost immediately once the prospect of Ninja tricks was brought about. "And don't you ever call your Ninja tricks stupid! Those tricks are glorious works of art that have inspired thousands of fantasy creators throughout generation." he said in a faux-serious tone, though Morrigan would see a hint of actual admiration in Serge's face.
Morrigan's face went dead serious. Only the twinkle in her eye gave the lie to it. "Ah, but young grasshopper, it was Misashi Miyamoto himself who said that to treat matters of great import with disdain and insubstantial matters with seriousness is the way of the samurai. Plus, you never seen Letterman? Stupid Human Tricks? But dated now, I guess, but I think it's on Youtube."

"The only thing that I do that could be considered 'work' is drawing. And I don't really consider that 'work'." he added...[/b]
Morrigan shrugged, "Well, show me where you play, then. I love seeing other artists' spaces. it's... cozy. And interesting."

Serge wrote:[b]"But for the promise of Ninja tricks I'll be willing to reconsider. That means we're headed to my room. Let's go! Onwards!"
"Stupid Ninja Tricks," she reminded him, "And I got this one with a bath towel that'll knock you sideways, I promise. Allons-y!"
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

"Damn! Your already learning new attacks!" Serge said, looking amused himself as he tried to reach out and touch the fireworks. "Now you just need to focus on manifesting into the real world. So that everyone else can see your cool attacks."

The fireworks just tickeled your finger when you touched it. Rodrigo looked very pleased with himself though.

He nodded, "Now I am alerted to it... and I'm sure you are fine, but I won't take any chances."

"Hopefully all will go well dad."
Anna said with a nod.

He shoveled in another mouthful of food, "Oh, and there's a new Chantry member called Morrigan here, it seems - a little fireball, by the looks of it. And from first impressions, she might prove to be the good kind of bad influence on Serge."
He grinned, "When you see her, make sure to address her with the respect you would offer to someone like Lady Crexia, or the Deacons. She seems very much the sort to take lightly on rank authority, so I sort of want to know how long she'll last when addressed as a senior herself."

Anna chuckle at that and nodded.
"I will do that dad...hum a new member? What Tradition is she? Do you know?"
The girl asked as she ate more of her omelette and filled herself a glass of juice.

[Villa, 4.45]

Nicole sighed and threw up her hands at this; the conversation was going around in circles and her desire to continue had been worn to nothing.

Bruce just sigh then he started washing up the plates so the group could leave the villa and go back to Steelhaven.

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

'Didn't read the correct ones, then. Missed where he tells how the great future humanity can have if only the well-organised, scientific elite can form a world government and suppress all the superstitions holding the ordinaries back.' the Etherite replied, giving a tiny smirk while playing with an old-fashioned lighter with her gloved hand.

"Ah...no...I did not read those. I read more the high adventure or horror ones of his stories I mean you got to love aliens going pew pew everywhere."
Fran said with a frown.
"Do you think Wells was a Technocrat? I mean he could even still be alive and be a Technocrat I mean."
The death maga asked as she walked.

[Narim's Room Earlier]

Morrigan was now pretty interested. "I've never one of Ananasi's children before. I've heard stories. Lots of stories. I can't wait to make the rounds."

"Well Alessa is...well she is interesting but her dedication to her patron spirit is absolute."
Narim said with a frown.

Morrigan nodded. "Cool beans. I love helping out. But I don't want to helpful my way into a desk job or anything."

"I am sure we can find a way to keep you out of a desk job there are allot of other tasks to be done and mostly the desk job is mine."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.

Morrigan jumped up and clapped. "Excellent! I really appreciate the help. I'd love to see my room!"

The Euthanathos who had let you in stood.
"I will show you the way madam."
He said and narim nodded.
"Thank you Adjan."
The the Virtual Adept turned to Morrigan again.
"I look forwards to getting to know you better Morrigan, know you are most welcome and we do apologize for being to tired to have a proper welcome right now but that will be remided. My friend here will take you to your rooms."
He said indicating the death magus.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 12:57 pm

Anja wrote:Anna chuckle at that and nodded.
"I will do that dad...hum a new member? What Tradition is she? Do you know?"
The girl asked as she ate more of her omelette and filled herself a glass of juice.
Colin grinned, "She's an Akashic... it will be interesting to see Dr. Lee's reactions to her presence, she seems much more of a flighty and free spirit than he is. But you'll meet her soon enough."
He finished up the omelette, "Oh, and Tali is at peace, she contacted me on our way back... she's at peace, and her spirit will leave for the Deep on its own; no regrets or lasting suffering, so that's a relief..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 1:24 pm

"Another Akashic, Yu Die will love to hear that."
Anna said with a grin.
"Well nto all Akashics are the same you know, Dr Lee is very focused his goal in life is saving lives that be as a doctor or fighting for those who can not fight for themselves I guess that makes him pretty serious but not all of his Traditions are I assume."
The apprentice replied then she looked down.
"I am glad Tali...is at peace...I am sorry she had to die but that was better than being taken to Horizon to be...well you know."
The girl said and she shuddered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 08, 2021 1:46 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Well, the utopian ones are full of it. Reads like a Union brochure, it does; under the amazing scientific elite, this perfect world has come to be. Unfortunately, it's a "perfection" desired by the helicopter Mom and the corporate accountant living in the 'burbs; ordered, clean, safe, conventional and dull. A land of tapioca, mocktails and mowing the lawn.'

Anja's Post:

'If he wasn't, he was a damn useful ally for it. Spent half his life basically calling for them to exist and for his readers to support 'em.' giving a little shrug.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Well, the utopian ones are full of it. Reads like a Union brochure, it does; under the amazing scientific elite, this perfect world has come to be. Unfortunately, it's a "perfection" desired by the helicopter Mom and the corporate accountant living in the 'burbs; ordered, clean, safe, conventional and dull. A land of tapioca, mocktails and mowing the lawn.'

"I see. I guess I have not read all of the man's books or most of them, I read War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man, The First Men on the Moon, The Magic Shop and In the Days of the Comet."
Fran muttered and she scratched her head.
"But I know he wrote allot more books."

'If he wasn't, he was a damn useful ally for it. Spent half his life basically calling for them to exist and for his readers to support 'em.' giving a little shrug.

"Hum...strange I mean today he is mostly associated with really dumb ways of space travel and very fragile aliens."
The Euthanathos said.
"But I mean he could have been a Technocrat and his books was sanctioned by the Union."
She agreed as the two of you reached the first floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 08, 2021 3:08 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'He did. Them utopian ones are the less popular ones, for obvious reasons.'

Anja's Post:

'Verne guns ain't that dumb. If you're able to make the power-thrust-drag ratios good enough it would be a cheaper and greener option for launching satellites. You could also do an accelerator cannon; where the gun provides the first thrust, then internal engines kick in, like the German V-3 during WW2.' the Etherite replied lazily, showing a small glimpse that she wasn't completely ignorant of science and technology.

Anja's Post:

'Eh, it's possible. Either way, it shows a good example of Union thought.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 3:28 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

'He did. Them utopian ones are the less popular ones, for obvious reasons.'

"Well it seams to me that allot of utopian fiction was written by assholes, take Ayn Rand, her books was about her idea of an utopia which is basically everything wrong with USA on steroids."
Fran muttered.

'Verne guns ain't that dumb. If you're able to make the power-thrust-drag ratios good enough it would be a cheaper and greener option for launching satellites.

"You could really launch something out into space with what is in effect a giant slingshot?"
Fran asked sounding a bit doubtful.

You could also do an accelerator cannon; where the gun provides the first thrust, then internal engines kick in, like the German V-3 during WW2.' the Etherite replied lazily, showing a small glimpse that she wasn't completely ignorant of science and technology.

"I...did not know that."
The Euthanathos said sounding impressed.
"That would really work?"

'Eh, it's possible. Either way, it shows a good example of Union thought.'

The death maga nodded to that.
"I guess we might never know...unless we run into the guy. Hum...where to now? The Security Office and see if Miss Mar or the Chief is there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Shrugged wasn't a utopia. It was a doorstopper-sized tumour, an extended rant to show why us ordinaries should never tax or question billionaires.' Nicole replied, giving a derisive snort. 'Remember watching it a while back. It had people acting so fucking stupidly you'd think they were all brain damaged or something...'

Anja's Post:

'More a massive artillery piece... but yeah. As long as the object has a high enough speed and endurance to escape the gravitational pull of Earth, it will work.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes. US Army came close to doing it in the sixties, but the funding got diverted into Apollo. Much cheaper in development, too.'

Anja's Post:

'Yep.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Anja wrote:"Another Akashic, Yu Die will love to hear that."
Anna said with a grin.
"Well nto all Akashics are the same you know, Dr Lee is very focused his goal in life is saving lives that be as a doctor or fighting for those who can not fight for themselves I guess that makes him pretty serious but not all of his Traditions are I assume."
The apprentice replied then she looked down.
"I am glad Tali...is at peace...I am sorry she had to die but that was better than being taken to Horizon to be...well you know."
The girl said and she shuddered.
Colin nodded, taking the plate over to the sink and rinsing it off quickly before picking up his tea, "Yes... what happened was not righteous, but... it was the least bad outcome. She sacrificed her life to save Toby, and that is a noble thing. If I could have spared her, I would have, but... the Law is the Law..."
He frowned, "Bugger, I have to call Udella, too."
He sighed, "Alright, Sweetie, go see Dr. Lee, alright? I've got to go take care of things."

Grabbing his cup of tea, he wandered off, calling Udella on his way out of the apartment.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 6:44 pm

"Yeah Tali gave her life to protect what mattered to her most, that is a good death but I wish killing her was not neccesary, she was a honored enemy though and we must remember that "
Anna sadly.
"Perhaps we should light a candle for her passing dad to honor her sacrifice."
She suggjested.

"I am heading up to see Dr Lee now see you later dad."
Anna agreed she smiles to you and put her own plate in the sink, finished her juice and headed towards the door.
"Please say hi to Master Adimari for me."
She said as she sent a message on her phoneto Dr Lee to ask if it is safe for her to head up to the infirmary now.

You called Udella and the old Master picked up her phone.
Mr Wainwright good morning "
The old Guernicus said.

[Steelhaven 6]

"I guess it depend on who you ask what they consider an utopia. Perhaps that is why utopian fiction often fails. Your idea of a utopia is another's dystopia and vice versa."
Fran replied.
"I would not like to live in Ayn Rands world though."

"Huh I did not know that was possible."
Fran said about the space gun.
"I did not know they tried to make such a launcher I always though it was a stupid idea of Wells apperantly I was wrong."

Fran nodded she went and knocked on the door to the Security Office. Soon the voice of Miss Mar sounded from inside.
"Enter."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah Tali gave her life to protect what mattered to her most, that is a good death but I wish killing her was not neccesary, she was a honored enemy though and we must remember that "
Anna sadly.
"Perhaps we should light a candle for her passing dad to honor her sacrifice."
She suggjested.
Colin nodded, "I'll be bringing a candle for that next trip over... Toby should be part of that."

Anja wrote:"I am heading up to see Dr Lee now see you later dad."
Anna agreed she smiles to you and put her own plate in the sink, finished her juice and headed towards the door.
"Please say hi to Master Adimari for me."
She said as she sent a message on her phoneto Dr Lee to ask if it is safe for her to head up to the infirmary now.
He smiled, "Will do, Sweetie, and see you later."

Anja wrote:You called Udella and the old Master picked up her phone.
Mr Wainwright good morning "
The old Guernicus said.
He sighed, "Good morning, Master Adimari... I have a bit of an inconvenience. Remember the encounter I had with an Aswadim two months ago, where he told me to inform all the participants in the assault of the boon he gave us all?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 7:54 pm

"I agree dad Toby should be part of it."
Anna agreed.

Your apprentice smiled and nodded as she headed up the stairs she had to pause halfway up though to take a breather her breath was not good right now.

"Please tell me you have not used that boon Mr Wainwright."
Udella said sternly.
"Off course you did...Please give me the details. Let us see what damage control we can do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'True. Though oddly enough, not even Rand wanted to live in Rand's world. For a woman who prized individualism and "making it on their own", she sure liked people to form a cult around her and to take handouts...'

Anja's Post:

'It made better sense at the time; Wells did not know about how efficent liquid fuels would get. But technology always gives us choices. And sometimes, the path taken is not the best one. And history is filled with inventions which were way ahead of their time, like when Tesla invented the drone.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole entered, vaguely curious to the situation inside the room.

[Having a falling-out with the quote button, Great One? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 8:28 pm

[Steelhaven 6]

"Hum...well her world was rather hostile to women but other aspects of her world it seams like Ayn Rand's world would fit her just fine basically she saw the downside of Communism and made something equally dysfunctional, the pendulum tend to swing to extremes."

"Well Tesla was a Son of Ether so he har the advantage of an Enligthened Genious, but I agree it is important to not get stuck in a line of thinking that proclude new ideas."
The death maga agreed.
"Perhaps such a ehm...gun would be better than fossil fuels and combustion engines "

Well you entered the Security Office and it looked like it always had. Helena sat in Jeffry's chair looking over some lists, the young Flambeau looked up when Nicole and Fran entered the small room.
"Miss Bouchard and Miss Mandis how may I help you?"
The ice maga asked.

(OOC: I am playing D&D with my gaming group over roll 20. When waiting for my turn I use my phone to reply and quotes and copying is hard to do om my phone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 pm

Anja wrote:Your apprentice smiled and nodded as she headed up the stairs she had to pause halfway up though to take a breather her breath was not good right now.
Colin frowned, sending Anna a worried look behind her back.

Anja wrote:"Please tell me you have not used that boon Mr Wainwright."
Udella said sternly.
"Off course you did...Please give me the details. Let us see what damage control we can do."
He smiled thinly, "Of course I did, since I brought it up... long story short, we seized a Labyrinth last night, cleared out the Fallen and, er, I adopted the Labyrinth itself. A bargain was made with the Keeper; her cooperation and execution in exchange for letting the Labyrinth itself live... not important to the legal issue, but might be good to know. The Fallen summoned one Lord Steel, the Duke of Hate, a Meajin Incarna who disapproves of me personally for releasing his Infernalists... that's another issue. Lord Steel had seriously injured Deaconess O'Connor here, and the other Masters were having difficulties fending him off, and I managed to distract him enough to get him talking instead of stabbing. I showed him a vision of what would most likely be the result of the ghost of Wallace Jace winning last night, and he was unconvinced... but calling in the Boon - one Truth - from an Aswadim convinced him that the battle was not one that was in his best interest to win, so he left."
He scratched his chin, walking down the stairs, "Now, technically, I suppose we could defend it under the Fourth Protocol, as an Aswadim is an Oracle, albeit of the opposite side..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 pm

Anna seamed to be pretty short of breath just by the stairs she was not well but got up and continued up the stairs.

Udella listened to your tale.
"Hum so you took the same path as earlier and befriended the controller of the Nephandi's flesh fortresses."
She muttered.
"A fair enough course of action."
Then the old Quesitor continued to listen before she said.
"Lord Steel not an easy adversary."
The old mage commented then she sounded suprised.
"You can free someone from an Infernalist Pact? Now that I would like to know more about...but to your legal issue."
"That is shaky under the Fourth Protocol. However let me ask you was confirming the truth of your claim of a vision the extent of the boon you asked of Irik the Aswadim if Time?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 08, 2021 9:10 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin wrote:Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, speaking from experience, fireworks that you don't see coming tend to be more effective... also, there might be some issues with explosions inside Toby's passages, so I hope you're going to teach Rodrigo some basic fire control."
Anja wrote:The fireworks just tickeled your finger when you touched it. Rodrigo looked very pleased with himself though.

"They have to affect the real world to be effective as well." Serge replied, "He probably already knows how to control his power. This dude's is smarter than me."

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan flipped her hair around her fingers. "Back across the pond ginger and good Catholic girl are practically synonyms. But innocent is, like everywhere, mostly a matter of how you define you terms." A pause. "Never? Well, if that's by choice, more power to you. If not, let me know. We can hit the clubs sometime. I'm a great wingwomen."

"Not really by choice. Mostly lack of time. Between studying, magick studying, drawing, and consuming all media I physically can. Doesn't really make teenage romance that high a priority." Serge said with a shrug. "Thanks for the clubbing offer. May even take you up on it if the outside world stopped trying to kill me every time I stepped outside."

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan's face went dead serious. Only the twinkle in her eye gave the lie to it. "Ah, but young grasshopper, it was Misashi Miyamoto himself who said that to treat matters of great import with disdain and insubstantial matters with seriousness is the way of the samurai. Plus, you never seen Letterman? Stupid Human Tricks? But dated now, I guess, but I think it's on Youtube."

"And it was Naruto who shouted 'Bunshin No Jutsu' at the top of his lungs and made an entire generation of kids fall in love with Ninja's." Serge retorted. He chuckled a bit at his own reply before saying, "Don't really care much what real people have to say. Truth of the world lies in the stories we create. And the stories we create say that Ninja Tricks are fucking badass. And never watched Lettermen. Talk shows never really got me."

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan shrugged, "Well, show me where you play, then. I love seeing other artists' spaces. it's... cozy. And interesting."

"Well.....it's interesting. Not sure about the other word though." Serge said coyly.

Morrigan wrote:"Stupid Ninja Tricks," she reminded him, "And I got this one with a bath towel that'll knock you sideways, I promise. Allons-y!"

"Cool Ninja Tricks!" he corrected as he raced up the stairs with a lot more gusto than he had done previously.

It wasn't long before Serge eventually brought Morrigan up to a plain door, nestled between the many other doors that lead to the other residents apartments. "Huh. I should really make this door more interesting." Serge mused, looking carefully at the door to his apartment. "Well that's a project for another time. Anyways! Welcome to Casa De Serge!"

With an over the top gesture, Serge threw open his door and lead Morrigan inside.

The first thing that the Akashic Mage would notice were the drawings. The hundreds upon hundreds of drawings littering what seemed like every square inch of the living room they had stepped into. Both attached to the walls and strewn about the floor. The pictures depicted countless things. Characters, Creatures, Locations, Events, Powers. In countless different genres ranging from Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Modern, and countless more. Looking one way she may see a fantasy warrior slaying a large winged beast and turning a different way she may catch a glimpse of a strange alien terrorizing puny Earthlings.

What was also fascinating was that despite the quantity, there was still quality. Each drawing appeared expertly made, as if a professional had toiled away for days just to finish one. Most of the drawings were done in pencil, however mixed in among them were other methods such as markers, pens, and even paints.

On the ceiling of the apartment, Morrigan would see a pencil-drawn dragon looking over the entire room. A massive Eastern Dragon whose head was placed in the center of the living and whose serpent-like body radiated outwards and seemed to encompass the entire apartment complex. Every part of the dragon was detailed, from the regal features of the dragons face to the sheen and shimmer of every scale that littered his enormous body.

The furnishings of the living room were much less interesting. With a sofa slumped up against the wall (covering some more drawings), a kitchen table placed oddly in the center of the room right underneath the dragons face, and a desk that held a laptop, multiple stacks of paper, unlabeled pill bottles and energy drinks.

"So. What'd you think of the dragon? Cause that thing took me three months to finish." Serge said, glancing up at his large creation.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 9:39 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Rodrigo danced happily and looked up at Serge lovingly with his many black little eyes.

(OOC: Great job in how you described Serge's room take a free sucesess to store for later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Anja wrote:"They have to affect the real world to be effective as well." Serge replied, "He probably already knows how to control his power. This dude's is smarter than me."
Colin nodded, "I'm not sure he's smarter than you, I do give you some credit. But he looks clever. And such a handsome little guy, to boot."

Anja wrote:Anna seamed to be pretty short of breath just by the stairs she was not well but got up and continued up the stairs.
He fished out the little stone that warned him of Anna's condition, and sent a text to Yu Die, 'Anna's coming up, she's not doing too well; help your brother clear some space for her?'

Anja wrote:Udella listened to your tale.
"Hum so you took the same path as earlier and befriended the controller of the Nephandi's flesh fortresses."
She muttered.
"A fair enough course of action."
Then the old Quesitor continued to listen before she said.
"Lord Steel not an easy adversary."
The old mage commented then she sounded suprised.
"You can free someone from an Infernalist Pact? Now that I would like to know more about...but to your legal issue."
"That is shaky under the Fourth Protocol. However let me ask you was confirming the truth of your claim of a vision the extent of the boon you asked of Irik the Aswadim if Time?"
He nodded, "Technically, I befriended the Labyrinth first, I'm calling him Toby... Chief Morgan is not enthusiastic, but the creature is not Qlippothic, so it should not be a legal complication in and of itself. Yes, we can break Investments, but it's not pleasant... and I have a former Infernalist I'd like you to help defend; he's willing to try our side instead, and might make a decent Linear Mage. And yes, confirming the future vision to Lord Steel was the full and total extent of the request; it might be in my favour that I did not ask a Truth for myself, as such. But I agree, it is shaky as a defense, but it might be the highest justification we could reach for. After all, I never asked for that Boon, he did, hm, place it on me as collateral damage."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin nodded, "I'm not sure he's smarter than you, I do give you some credit. But he looks clever. And such a handsome little guy, to boot."

Rodrigo wriggeled his little butt happy at the praise.

He fished out the little stone that warned him of Anna's condition, and sent a text to Yu Die, 'Anna's coming up, she's not doing too well; help your brother clear some space for her?'

Through the stone you could feel that Anna was not well, not critically so but not well at all. Yu Die replied.
"Right away Mr Wainwright me and my brother will take good care of Anna."

He nodded, "Technically, I befriended the Labyrinth first, I'm calling him Toby... Chief Morgan is not enthusiastic, but the creature is not Qlippothic, so it should not be a legal complication in and of itself.

"Interesting tactic but not relevant for the legal question, taking over a Labyrinth creature is not illegal in and off itself, though I understand why Master Morgan is not to pleased about it."
The old Quesitor replied.

Yes, we can break Investments, but it's not pleasant... and I have a former Infernalist I'd like you to help defend; he's willing to try our side instead, and might make a decent Linear Mage.

"Very well, I will need every information you have about this former Infernalist and I will see what I can do."
Udella agreed.
"But how can you break such Infernal pacts?"
She asked sounding impressed.

And yes, confirming the future vision to Lord Steel was the full and total extent of the request; it might be in my favour that I did not ask a Truth for myself, as such. But I agree, it is shaky as a defense, but it might be the highest justification we could reach for. After all, I never asked for that Boon, he did, hm, place it on me as collateral damage."

Udella took a deep breath and she sigh.
"I will have to check the various law texts and volumes on precedences if something like this have happened before. I believe that this can not be called working with the enemies of Asencion but I have to make sure as this is the sort of thing your enemies might decide to use against you, it will be froened on but since it is not clear if the Aswadim are really Nephandi and they are Oracles and the connection was minor and resulted in a victory for our side I think you are in the clear but I can not be fore before I do the reserch to be absolutely sure. Try to make sure a certain Seniior Quesitor are kept in the dark about this until I have examined this in full."
The old Guernicos instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Anja wrote:"Interesting tactic but not relevant for the legal question, taking over a Labyrinth creature is not illegal in and off itself, though I understand why Master Morgan is not to pleased about it."
The old Quesitor replied.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, adopting him to ensure the Keeper and Labyrinth's aid in defeating the residents was certainly to our advantage... I'm afraid the food bill is going to be somewhat a bother, though. But I will manage."

Anja wrote:"Very well, I will need every information you have about this former Infernalist and I will see what I can do."
Udella agreed.
"But how can you break such Infernal pacts?"
She asked sounding impressed.
He smiled thinly, lowering his voice, "Scrubbing with sand. So the supply is limited, but I have a good deal of it left. I'll have a chat with the man later today, and let you speak with him in private, alright?"

Anja wrote:Udella took a deep breath and she sigh.
"I will have to check the various law texts and volumes on precedences if something like this have happened before. I believe that this can not be called working with the enemies of Asencion but I have to make sure as this is the sort of thing your enemies might decide to use against you, it will be froened on but since it is not clear if the Aswadim are really Nephandi and they are Oracles and the connection was minor and resulted in a victory for our side I think you are in the clear but I can not be fore before I do the reserch to be absolutely sure. Try to make sure a certain Seniior Quesitor are kept in the dark about this until I have examined this in full."
The old Guernicos instructed.
He nodded, "The only witnesses were essentially our Masters and Lady Crexia - I've faith they won't speak of it. The concerning element is Lord Steel himself... one of the former Infernalists I've de-pacted is the grandson of the Most Dearly Beloved of all Tytali... and he has testified it was without his knowledge or consent, done by his Mentor, in a deal with the family patron, as it were. So I would be concerned they will learn quickly through less-than-legal sources."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next