Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 9 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Warpmind Wed May 25, 2022 9:35 pm

[Restaurant 20.00]
Anja wrote:"Yes...just remember this is not a point where your society shine in my eyes, do nto abuse my generocity of nto going after the thin blood more agressively."
The Prince said sternly.
"If any of yours gets injured while defending tis abomination I will not do much about it."
Colin nodded, "Understandable. And I will make a priority of containing damage and avoiding breaches of the Law of Shade - our counterpart to your Masquerade - rather than vindictive pursuit."

Anja wrote:"As I said Mr Wainwright I am glad if it is correct you ahve been able to give a Kindred a better afterlife."
The Price said he still sounded polite but doubtful.
"I am afraid my kind generally with some exceptions do nto deal much with spirtis."
He smiled thinly, "Indeed, the ghosts the Giovanni work with, for example, are nothing like the various more conceptual spirits that surround us all. It... is generally best if you don't see them, though; what Nietzche said about staring into the void, and all that. Some don't like being stared at."

Anja wrote:"I will be most grateful Mr Wainwright for such a remidr of my mortal days."
The Arthurian said with a warm smile before he headed back into the resturant.
He just grinned.

Anja wrote:"Ah Sirs I will get your car right away."
The valet said before going to do so.
"Now that was a most iteresting meeting."
Adjan commented to Colin while they waited.
"What do you make of the man?"
He pondered, then answered quietly, "He's one of the most powerful men in Boston, and it shows... but, the Arthurian is the Once and Future King, and does hold true to the ideals of Camelot, to the extent Kindred society allows. I understand the issue with Shawn, thin-blooded are an ill omen of the end times, and he cannot overrule that institutional fear, but I think he's quite willing to do good and noble deeds, given the slightest justification or pretense he can use to show his power remains absolute. All told, he's probably the best Prince Boston could ask for, and with a few exceptions, he does seem to hold the worst atrocities at bay..."

When the valet returned with the car, he slid the twenty into his hand and said, "If you'd help my friend back in the car, as well? And a good night to you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 9 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 25, 2022 10:44 pm

[Infirmary, 18.15]

Anja's Post:

'Ah, not ready to give an abstract yet, let alone the white-sheet time.' she replied, giving a little smile.

Anja's Post:

A moment's hesitation as she thought this through. 'Help me here; is there anything which could make them care? Or at least make some think that it's worth helping?'

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking more finding other Kinfolk in the city and asking about. Though whatever way I don't mind, if it works.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 25, 2022 11:42 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, 18.45]

Anja wrote:Roderigo happily chittered at that, he had found some tools with colorful handles and was stading over them lookingat them, the Chimera was attracted to colorful things, he looked up at Serge ad chittered happily.

"The world could do with a bit more color couldn't it. I bet Nicole has a bunch of colorful spray paints and hair dyes. I'll ask her to show them to you. Bet you'll love those." He said with a chuckle as he made his way to the kitchen, looking for something mildly colorful to feed to the spider.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 6:45 am

[Restaurant 20.00]

Colin nodded, "Understandable. And I will make a priority of containing damage and avoiding breaches of the Law of Shade - our counterpart to your Masquerade - rather than vindictive pursuit."

"Good, we have an agreement then Mr Wainwright."
The Prince said with a nod.

He smiled thinly, "Indeed, the ghosts the Giovanni work with, for example, are nothing like the various more conceptual spirits that surround us all. It... is generally best if you don't see them, though; what Nietzche said about staring into the void, and all that. Some don't like being stared at."

"Some of us do work with spirits, the Tremere might summon an elemental and both my own Clan and the Toreadors might see such beings but we gnerally do not work with such entitis to a great extent. O my quests I have seen te spirits of the land from time to time."
The Prince replied, then he looked carefully at Coli for a while.
"Which remids me my good man...I do not wish to be rude but have you got family lines ruing back to old Camelot I recognize your face."

He pondered, then answered quietly, "He's one of the most powerful men in Boston, and it shows... but, the Arthurian is the Once and Future King, and does hold true to the ideals of Camelot, to the extent Kindred society allows. I understand the issue with Shawn, thin-blooded are an ill omen of the end times, and he cannot overrule that institutional fear, but I think he's quite willing to do good and noble deeds, given the slightest justification or pretense he can use to show his power remains absolute. All told, he's probably the best Prince Boston could ask for, and with a few exceptions, he does seem to hold the worst atrocities at bay..."

Adjan odded at that.
"Yes, he seam to be a decent enough leader, considering he is a leader of a brutal society and that means he will also hav to be soemwhat brutal. I think he could be a good friend but also a very dangorus enemy."

When the valet returned with the car, he slid the twenty into his hand and said, "If you'd help my friend back in the car, as well? And a good night to you."

"Thank you Sir...off course Sir."
The young man said as he helped Adja back ito the frot seat and gave Colin the keys back.
"And a good evening to you two as well Sirs, please come back."
Adjan thanked the youg ma as well.

"The world could do with a bit more color couldn't it. I bet Nicole has a bunch of colorful spray paints and hair dyes. I'll ask her to show them to you. Bet you'll love those." He said with a chuckle as he made his way to the kitchen, looking for something mildly colorful to feed to the spider.

The slime spider followed you into the kitced making happy little chitterig sounds as he crawled up onto the kitchen counter, he tapp tapped his feet and looked happy.

[Infirmary, 18.15]

Ah, not ready to give an abstract yet, let alone the white-sheet time.' she replied, giving a little smile.

"Indeed so Scientist Bouchard...indeed so."
The older Etherite said with that wierd smile of hers.

A moment's hesitation as she thought this through. 'Help me here; is there anything which could make them care? Or at least make some think that it's worth helping?'

"If they where either in danger themselves if they did ot help or they where paid to help."
Strawberry said.
"That should do it."

Was thinking more finding other Kinfolk in the city and asking about. Though whatever way I don't mind, if it works.'

"I can try to find kinfolk...but I am not sure how, maybe Tane knows."
Coawa said and Strawberry nodded.
"I can find other Ratkid kindoflk for you Nicole I can find them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 7:30 am

[Restaurant 20.00]
Anja wrote:"Some of us do work with spirits, the Tremere might summon an elemental and both my own Clan and the Toreadors might see such beings but we gnerally do not work with such entitis to a great extent. O my quests I have seen te spirits of the land from time to time."
The Prince replied, then he looked carefully at Coli for a while.
"Which remids me my good man...I do not wish to be rude but have you got family lines ruing back to old Camelot I recognize your face."
Colin didn't even flinch, "Ah, I did not have it confirmed until now, but my mother's side of the family allegedly stems from... hm, Gorlois and Igraine of Tintagel. Through Morganna, I'm afraid. But that was fifteen centuries ago, give or take."

Anja wrote:Adjan odded at that.
"Yes, he seam to be a decent enough leader, considering he is a leader of a brutal society and that means he will also hav to be soemwhat brutal. I think he could be a good friend but also a very dangorus enemy."
He nodded thoughtfully, "A good friend, and a valuable ally. Our... association will show its usefulness, even to our most begrudging Security Chief, over the years."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir...off course Sir."
The young man said as he helped Adja back ito the frot seat and gave Colin the keys back.
"And a good evening to you two as well Sirs, please come back."
Adjan thanked the youg ma as well.
He chuckled softly as he got in the driver's seat, "I might, at that... I might at that, indeed..."

On the way to Tobin Bridge, he wondered aloud, "I hear tell there are some homeless people under the bridge, perhaps we should offer them a bribe - a meal or something - to clear out for an hour's time? Wouldn't want to cause trouble and witnesses if Mars himself decides to visibly attend the funeral?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 9:28 am

[Restaurant 20.00]

Colin didn't even flinch, "Ah, I did not have it confirmed until now, but my mother's side of the family allegedly stems from... hm, Gorlois and Igraine of Tintagel. Through Morganna, I'm afraid. But that was fifteen centuries ago, give or take."

"Ahhh...yes I can see the resemblece...you are a distant relatio the my good man."
The Price said with a driendly smile.
"And do not worry about being related to my erstwile sister, no oe should be judged by who they are related to also there where...thigns that happened that drove her down the wrong path, she was not born a villain, also no matter what she did she was still my sister and I still love her."
The vampire declared.

He nodded thoughtfully, "A good friend, and a valuable ally. Our... association will show its usefulness, even to our most begrudging Security Chief, over the years."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Hum...do you think he is what h claim to be? A reincaration of Arthur Pendrago or is it alljust insanity?"
The death magus asked.
"I fear it will tak allot of covincing to get Chief Morgan to tinkt here is value in associating wita vampire, but we can hope."

He chuckled softly as he got in the driver's seat, "I might, at that... I might at that, indeed..."

The valet gave a polire nod before he wet to atted to othr customrs.

On the way to Tobin Bridge, he wondered aloud, "I hear tell there are some homeless people under the bridge, perhaps we should offer them a bribe - a meal or something - to clear out for an hour's time? Wouldn't want to cause trouble and witnesses if Mars himself decides to visibly attend the funeral?"

"Hum...good ida, what if we drop by someplace open and get coffee, tea and sandwichs, w could hand out food, drinks, perhaps get some cake as well."
Adjan agreed.

(OOC: Was that the bridge the troll lived under?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 12:29 pm

[Restaurant 20.00]
Anja wrote:"Ahhh...yes I can see the resemblece...you are a distant relatio the my good man."
The Price said with a driendly smile.
"And do not worry about being related to my erstwile sister, no oe should be judged by who they are related to also there where...thigns that happened that drove her down the wrong path, she was not born a villain, also no matter what she did she was still my sister and I still love her."
The vampire declared.
Colin nodded, "She had her... understandable issues with her step-family; it is not an unheard of phenomenon, even today, though usually less... magical. It is, of course, always tragic when such discord comes about, but Arthur was not at fault, however much she blamed you."

Anja wrote:Adjan nodded at that.
"Hum...do you think he is what h claim to be? A reincaration of Arthur Pendrago or is it alljust insanity?"
The death magus asked.
"I fear it will tak allot of covincing to get Chief Morgan to tinkt here is value in associating wita vampire, but we can hope."
He smiled enigmatically, "You heard how he recognized my face... Malkavians are known to, hm, glimpse truths they should not know, to remember things they never came across previously. Perhaps this knowledge is why they are all considered insane, perhaps this knowledge has made them insane? Perhaps... I think it may be a little of column A, a little of column B; I wouldn't ascribe it to just insanity... As for the Chief, the best thing to convince him is, obviously, results."

[Headed to Bridge, 21.00]
Anja wrote:"Hum...good ida, what if we drop by someplace open and get coffee, tea and sandwichs, w could hand out food, drinks, perhaps get some cake as well."
Adjan agreed.
He pondered, "How about swinging by a McDonalds and see if we can get a coupon book or two? I'm given to understand managers there often have some discretion to provide those to good causes, we might get... lucky."

((OOC: If you mean Archie, yes and no. It was "his" bridge, in that he worked on it; mainly maintenance, but he only had a tool shed there, it wasn't his home, as such. He was protective of the little homeless population underneath, though.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 1:37 pm

[Restaurant 20.00]

Colin nodded, "She had her... understandable issues with her step-family; it is not an unheard of phenomenon, even today, though usually less... magical. It is, of course, always tragic when such discord comes about, but Arthur was not at fault, however much she blamed you."

"I did what I could to help my sister but dark forces sowed the discord."
The Arthurian said sadly.
"It is my gratst regrt that I could not reach her, that I could never reach her, then again she was less of a villain than popular stories portray, there was circumstances out of her cotrol, but history like to paint powerful woman as malicious when they often was victims as well."

He smiled enigmatically, "You heard how he recognized my face... Malkavians are known to, hm, glimpse truths they should not know, to remember things they never came across previously. Perhaps this knowledge is why they are all considered insane, perhaps this knowledge has made them insane? Perhaps... I think it may be a little of column A, a little of column B; I wouldn't ascribe it to just insanity... As for the Chief, the best thing to convince him is, obviously, results."

"Well we all know reincarnation do happen."
Adjan said with a nod.
"Perhaps we will never know if that man really is Arthur, what matters is that he believe he is and he is acting acordingly.. As for the Chief, well those better be some impressive results."

He pondered, "How about swinging by a McDonalds and see if we can get a coupon book or two? I'm given to understand managers there often have some discretion to provide those to good causes, we might get... lucky."

"I am not so sure we will get anyone to leave offering coupons, also this is ot a good cause as such it is us trying to get these pepole to clear out for our own purposes it feels wrong to use somthing generally given as chairty to try to get these folks to vecate what is in essenc their home."
The death magus said sounding a bit doubtful.

(OOC: I will keep that in mind.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 2:09 pm

[Restaurant 20.00]
Anja wrote:"I did what I could to help my sister but dark forces sowed the discord."
The Arthurian said sadly.
"It is my gratst regrt that I could not reach her, that I could never reach her, then again she was less of a villain than popular stories portray, there was circumstances out of her cotrol, but history like to paint powerful woman as malicious when they often was victims as well."
Colin nodded, "If even half the tales are true... Uther Pendragon was not the noblest of men, to his rivals nor his step-daughters. Hum... History, particularly Christian history, has been fond of blaming women when things have gone wrong, power or not. We've made a little progress of late, but there's still much to be done..."

Anja wrote:"Well we all know reincarnation do happen."
Adjan said with a nod.
"Perhaps we will never know if that man really is Arthur, what matters is that he believe he is and he is acting acordingly.. As for the Chief, well those better be some impressive results."
He nodded, "A few impressive results, or a great number of modest ones... In this regard, quantity is a quality."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure we will get anyone to leave offering coupons, also this is ot a good cause as such it is us trying to get these pepole to clear out for our own purposes it feels wrong to use somthing generally given as chairty to try to get these folks to vecate what is in essenc their home."
The death magus said sounding a bit doubtful.
He shook his head, "I was not suggesting to deceive the manager in question - I am not certain about this, but I believe they can sell such coupon books for things like raffle prizes, not necessarily for charities. Essentially, the equivalent of gift cards. Of course, as an alternative, we could stop at an ATM and get some cash to give to the locals directly, that would work about as well, I suppose..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 5:33 pm

[Restaurant 20.00]

Colin nodded, "If even half the tales are true... Uther Pendragon was not the noblest of men, to his rivals nor his step-daughters. Hum... History, particularly Christian history, has been fond of blaming women when things have gone wrong, power or not. We've made a little progress of late, but there's still much to be done..."

"Far be it for me to speak ill of the dead, however yes Uther...was a dificult man ad e did muc harm, especially to those around him."
The old vampire said.
"It is a convenint part of Christianity and opening to blame women or everything that go wrong, leaving men as paragons of virtrue lured by dasterdly women, yes the world have progressed but this opinion still lives I fear."

He nodded, "A few impressive results, or a great number of modest ones... In this regard, quantity is a quality."

"Perhaps, then again Hermetics tend to be set in their ways."
Adjan commented dryly.

He shook his head, "I was not suggesting to deceive the manager in question - I am not certain about this, but I believe they can sell such coupon books for things like raffle prizes, not necessarily for charities. Essentially, the equivalent of gift cards. Of course, as an alternative, we could stop at an ATM and get some cash to give to the locals directly, that would work about as well, I suppose..."

"I believe cash would be allot easier than trying to get a manager at a Mac Donels to see us at ine in th eveing Mr Wainwright. Also I assume we would ned some sort of explinatio as for why we wanted such gift cards, cash ask no questions and is quick and easy to arrange."
Adjan said.
"There is no need to complicate things."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 26, 2022 6:22 pm

[Infirmary, 18.15]

Anja's Post:

Once the Etherite went back to work, Nicole looked around, wanting to have a quick word with Dr Lee..

Anja's Post:

'They didn't consider the complete destruction of Boston as "being in danger", so what fucking would pass that line? And I don't see why they should be paid to do the right thing for their own. If it came down to that, I'd prefer to pay others to help and let all the Kinfolk in Boston know their rat-relatives left them in the shit without a good reason. With a couple of exceptions, of course.' the last bit more emollient, realising that it wasn't fair to take it out on one of the very few who did care. Then she sagged a little and sighed.

'But that's a discussion for tomorrow, I think.'

Anja's Post:

'Eh... too tired to come up with a plan right now...' giving a frown.

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

Nicole's kitchen was like her front room; disorganised, a bit slack on the "housekeeping" side of things and with a clutter of unlabelled containers containing mysterious items. It was often vaguely interesting spy the least "kitchen-like" objects currently present; from the looks of it today it was tie between a pair of springs with grip-handles, a retro-looking box containing little glass tubes with metal bits inside and a bag of shotgun shells. Yet there was foodstuffs around; a string bag of oranges, some premade oatcakes, a huge tub of peanuts and perhaps only technically edible, a couple of packets of ship biscuit.

But there was bound to be loads more stuff in the cupboards and refrigerator. There usually was; the woman always seems to have just eaten, about to eat or be eating. Unfortunately, the Etherite was a bit "picky" about what she did, which generally meant an absence of "snacky crap" like chips, cakes and candy...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 6:36 pm

Anja wrote:"I believe cash would be allot easier than trying to get a manager at a Mac Donels to see us at ine in th eveing Mr Wainwright. Also I assume we would ned some sort of explinatio as for why we wanted such gift cards, cash ask no questions and is quick and easy to arrange."
Adjan said.
"There is no need to complicate things."
Colin nodded, "Very well, Keep an eye out for an ATM, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 8:22 pm

[Infirmary, 18.15]

Once the Etherite went back to work, Nicole looked around, wanting to have a quick word with Dr Lee..

Richard was busy changign the bandages o a uconcious man's back, he looked up when he noticed you looking for him though ad he said.
"May I help you with something Nick?"

They didn't consider the complete destruction of Boston as "being in danger", so what fucking would pass that line? And I don't see why they should be paid to do the right thing for their own. If it came down to that, I'd prefer to pay others to help and let all the Kinfolk in Boston know their rat-relatives left them in the shit without a good reason. With a couple of exceptions, of course.' the last bit more emollient, realising that it wasn't fair to take it out on one of the very few who did care. Then she sagged a little and sighed.

'But that's a discussion for tomorrow, I think.'

Strawberry took a few steps away from icole and looked nervous over th Etherite's outburst.
"Ehm...my guess is that they did not believe the situatio was that dangerous. I mean if you have nothing to do with mages and one of them show up and say hey this group of mages want to destory the world and are just about to do just that, most would not really believe it."
The little wer rat said.
"Most Rat Kifolk know thir shifter family care little about their well beig so that will not really come as much of a suprise."
She plucked at her long fingers.
"But we can discuss it later if you want...what do you want me to do? Ehm..."

Eh... too tired to come up with a plan right now...' giving a frown.

"Okey let me know if you need anything."
Strawberry said with a little smile though she still looked nervous.

olin nodded, "Very well, Keep an eye out for an ATM, then."

"It should not be to hard to find."
Adjan said ad he looked out a widow for a while before he pointed at a small cluster of stores.
"There on the corner there."
The death magus said, and there was indeed an ATM there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Anja wrote:"It should not be to hard to find."
Adjan said ad he looked out a widow for a while before he pointed at a small cluster of stores.
"There on the corner there."
The death magus said, and there was indeed an ATM there.
Colin nodded, parked as close as he got to the ATM, and hopped out to withdraw a stack of fives before getting back in the car and proceeding to the bridge.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2022 8:53 pm

Colin nodded, parked as close as he got to the ATM, and hopped out to withdraw a stack of fives before getting back in the car and proceeding to the bridge.

You got to the bridge, sevral pepol sat aroud on blankets, more occupied little workers cabinsthat was placd udr the bridge. The pepole looked nrvous when you drove up to them, the wome ad children hurried into two of the cabins, though the third seamed to be empty. And eldery man wearing a once nic suit that was now worn and somewhat dirty headed towards you, he had dark skin, dark brow eyes and steel gray hair.
"What do you want?"
The lderly man growld.
"We are ot huring anyone here...be goe or the protector will get you...oh yes he will."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Anja wrote:You got to the bridge, sevral pepol sat aroud on blankets, more occupied little workers cabinsthat was placd udr the bridge. The pepole looked nrvous when you drove up to them, the wome ad children hurried into two of the cabins, though the third seamed to be empty. And eldery man wearing a once nic suit that was now worn and somewhat dirty headed towards you, he had dark skin, dark brow eyes and steel gray hair.
"What do you want?"
The lderly man growld.
"We are ot huring anyone here...be goe or the protector will get you...oh yes he will."
Colin looked the man up and down for a moment, then gave a quick salute, "I have no quarrel with you or your protector, and would prefer to keep it that way. My friend and I are here for a funereal service - a scattering of ashes. We... should like some privacy for it; how many of you live here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 26, 2022 11:48 pm

Anja wrote:The slime spider followed you into the kitced making happy little chitterig sounds as he crawled up onto the kitchen counter, he tapp tapped his feet and looked happy.
Nicole wrote:Nicole's kitchen was like her front room; disorganised, a bit slack on the "housekeeping" side of things and with a clutter of unlabelled containers containing mysterious items. It was often vaguely interesting spy the least "kitchen-like" objects currently present; from the looks of it today it was tie between a pair of springs with grip-handles, a retro-looking box containing little glass tubes with metal bits inside and a bag of shotgun shells. Yet there was foodstuffs around; a string bag of oranges, some premade oatcakes, a huge tub of peanuts and perhaps only technically edible, a couple of packets of ship biscuit.

But there was bound to be loads more stuff in the cupboards and refrigerator. There usually was; the woman always seems to have just eaten, about to eat or be eating. Unfortunately, the Etherite was a bit "picky" about what she did, which generally meant an absence of "snacky crap" like chips, cakes and candy...

"Ahhh this should work." Serge said, taking out a singular orange from the string bag. "A fruit that's named after a color. Or a color that's named after a fruit. Either way a perfect little pairing. And one of the few things here that's not a shade of brown or grey. "

He peeled the orange skin off and then broke off a slice placing it in front of the slime spider. "Here you go. A healthy little snack for you. Don't know if you can eat that. But at the very least it's something to look at."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2022 4:39 am

Colin looked the man up and down for a moment, then gave a quick salute, "I have no quarrel with you or your protector, and would prefer to keep it that way. My friend and I are here for a funereal service - a scattering of ashes. We... should like some privacy for it; how many of you live here?"

"Are you sure you are not cops...I mean cops would wat to kow how how many to arrest."
The old man asked and he narrowed his eyes supiciously.
"Like we are not doing any harm here but may just want us gone from anywhere, we just want to exist."

Ahhh this should work." Serge said, taking out a singular orange from the string bag. "A fruit that's named after a color. Or a color that's named after a fruit. Either way a perfect little pairing. And one of the few things here that's not a shade of brown or grey. "

He peeled the orange skin off and then broke off a slice placing it in front of the slime spider. "Here you go. A healthy little snack for you. Don't know if you can eat that. But at the very least it's something to look at."

Roderigo looked really facinated and he looked atthe piece of fruit and nudged it with his feet but he did nto eat it. He looked really happy over it though and he looked up at Serge ad chitterd happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 27, 2022 7:57 am

[Infirmary, 18.15]

Anja's Post:

'Just a quick question. Did you tell Alerez 'bout the disease immunity?' she said quietly.

Anja's Post:

'No... I think they did believe it. Just they thought it was something they could hide from and it would go away. I got the feeling he was treating it exactly the same as he'd do with a cat. Which is why I wonder if dealing with someone more senior might help. Y'know, one with a wider understanding of stuff.'

Anja's Post:

'Even when it's because they're your relatives? They may not be surprised by being left in the shit, but they might get so pissed with you for doing it they look for ways to hurt you back.' Nicole cautioned.

'But all this is for tomorrow. Nothing we can do about it right now.' giving a shrug.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2022 8:17 am

Anja wrote:"Are you sure you are not cops...I mean cops would wat to kow how how many to arrest."
The old man asked and he narrowed his eyes supiciously.
"Like we are not doing any harm here but may just want us gone from anywhere, we just want to exist."
Colin smiled wryly, "If I were a policeman, I would be in incredibly hot water with Her Majesty's armed services right now - I am in an RAF uniform, and the Crown does not approve of these being worn inappropriately."
He shook his head, "I offer ten dollars each, that you can go out and get a decent meal for the evening, while my friend and I give our last farewell to someone who passed away before her time... we should be done and gone before you return."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2022 12:21 pm

[Infirmary, 18.15]

'Just a quick question. Did you tell Alerez 'bout the disease immunity?' she said quietly.

"No it was not neccesary at this time to care for these unfortunate souls and I do nto kow the Adeptus that well, however she is a expert on Kinfolk thre is a good chance sh already knows."
Richard replied in a whisper.

'No... I think they did believe it. Just they thought it was something they could hide from and it would go away. I got the feeling he was treating it exactly the same as he'd do with a cat. Which is why I wonder if dealing with someone more senior might help. Y'know, one with a wider understanding of stuff.'

"If they believed they coul hide from it the they did nto believe it would destroy all of Boston or there would be nowhere to hide."
Strawbrry reasond.
"I mea you ca try but in my experince Grandmothr will nto be willing to sacrifice tie ad resources to help human kinfol and will sut write them off as a loss but I can take you to her if you want to."

'Even when it's because they're your relatives? They may not be surprised by being left in the shit, but they might get so pissed with you for doing it they look for ways to hurt you back.' Nicole cautioned.

"Like I said a few might be willignt o help just the person they ar prosnally related to but not anyoe else. But yeah most Ratkin kinfolk know that tey are seen like garbage, or less than garbage as you can eat garbage by the Ratkin. Coming from rat stock is cosidered much better ad rat Kinfolk are treated allot better than human ones. As for the Kinfolk hurtig the Ratki, few will be worried most of their kin are powerless ad poor and you need coiderable resources to take down a shifter, and Grandmothr would not hesitate to have them all put to death if they try some sort of organized hunt."
The little werrat replied.

But all this is for tomorrow. Nothing we can do about it right now.' giving a shrug.

"Yeah...well I can help and Alessa say she can talk with the Brood Mother, the oldest of her kind in the area to see what she can do to help out, she do not care but Tane do and Alessa likes to be in Tane's good graces."
Strawberry said.
"So what can I do? I can ask Dr Lee what I can do to help?"

Colin smiled wryly, "If I were a policeman, I would be in incredibly hot water with Her Majesty's armed services right now - I am in an RAF uniform, and the Crown does not approve of these being worn inappropriately."

"Liste dude I have seen police dress up like nus ad offering soup in order to ab nomeless folk they think have done something wrong, or just beig guilty of existing...I will put nothing past them."
The man said, e clearly had been burned many times and was nto quick to trust.

He shook his head, "I offer ten dollars each, that you can go out and get a decent meal for the evening, while my friend and I give our last farewell to someone who passed away before her time... we should be done and gone before you return."

The group looked at one another skeptically.
"Why are you spendig so muchmoney to do a funeral here, whe there is allot prettier places with water in the parks and such it makes no sense."
She asked.
"Yeah I still smell a set up."
A young man called.

(OOC: You may roll Charisma plus appropriate ability to try to convince these folks that it is nto a st up, they ahve all ben ill treated and is not quick to trust.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 pm

Anja wrote:"Liste dude I have seen police dress up like nus ad offering soup in order to ab nomeless folk they think have done something wrong, or just beig guilty of existing...I will put nothing past them."
The man said, e clearly had been burned many times and was nto quick to trust.
Colin nodded, "Understandable, but nuns don't tend to be backed by gunships; almost every national military in the world takes the usurpation of uniform and misconduct while in uniform extremely seriously... I'd wish the American police took misconduct as seriously."

Anja wrote:The group looked at one another skeptically.
"Why are you spendig so muchmoney to do a funeral here, whe there is allot prettier places with water in the parks and such it makes no sense."
She asked.
"Yeah I still smell a set up."
A young man called.
He nodded, "The symbolic value of the place. This is the Mystic River, and the bridge used to be named the Mystic River Bridge. All we ask is a brief bit of space and time in which to usher a soul across the river to a better place."
He paused, "I'd be glad to confer with your protector about that, too, if needs must be."

((OOC: I guess Leadership would be appropriate? I need to invest more into abilities. Anyways, Charisma+Leadership: 9,9,0... well, that's fortuitous. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2022 1:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Understandable, but nuns don't tend to be backed by gunships; almost every national military in the world takes the usurpation of uniform and misconduct while in uniform extremely seriously... I'd wish the American police took misconduct as seriously."

"My point being that you claiming your uniform is some sort of proof you are not cops are not going to work since it could always be fake and the govrment will do anything to harass ad houd us."
The elderly man said with a frown.

He nodded, "The symbolic value of the place. This is the Mystic River, and the bridge used to be named the Mystic River Bridge. All we ask is a brief bit of space and time in which to usher a soul across the river to a better place."
He paused, "I'd be glad to confer with your protector about that, too, if needs must be."

The group looked at oe another an aftr a while they seamed to accept your explination and they filed up to get their payment. The elderly man you ad been speaking with said.
"No ned, just know that if omethig happns to us then the protector will not be pleased."
He said.
"But for now I guess...we will trust you, we have little choice right..."

(OOC: Leadership would be appropriate yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2022 2:02 pm

Anja wrote:"My point being that you claiming your uniform is some sort of proof you are not cops are not going to work since it could always be fake and the govrment will do anything to harass ad houd us."
The elderly man said with a frown.
Colin nodded, "Reasonable suspicion, and I don't begrudge you it. However, rotten as the local constabulary may be, it seems unlikely they would go to the point of impersonating and thus offending a more powerful and better armed force than themselves."
He grimaced, "Besides, I don't believe the American police is in the habit of employing military veterans, on account of the military being very firm on firearms safety protocol and rules of engagement..."

Anja wrote:The group looked at oe another an aftr a while they seamed to accept your explination and they filed up to get their payment. The elderly man you ad been speaking with said.
"No ned, just know that if omethig happns to us then the protector will not be pleased."
He said.
"But for now I guess...we will trust you, we have little choice right..."
He nodded, fishing out the wad of bills he got from the ATM, and started handing out the fivers in pairs to everyone, "I appreciate it. We won't disturb your camp, either, though... I am curious as to who your protector is. Mere idle curiosity, of course, you don't have to tell me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Colin nodded, "Reasonable suspicion, and I don't begrudge you it. However, rotten as the local constabulary may be, it seems unlikely they would go to the point of impersonating and thus offending a more powerful and better armed force than themselves."
He grimaced, "Besides, I don't believe the American police is in the habit of employing military veterans, on account of the military being very firm on firearms safety protocol and rules of engagement..."

"Yeah no I don't think the American police is that worried that the British military will come and beat them up, also you would not need to employ actual real army veterans you could ust get a costume."
The old man replied he did not seam impressed.
"Like I say there is nothing the cops would not do to harass those they see as beneath them."

He nodded, fishing out the wad of bills he got from the ATM, and started handing out the fivers in pairs to everyone, "I appreciate it. We won't disturb your camp, either, though... I am curious as to who your protector is. Mere idle curiosity, of course, you don't have to tell me."

"We might agree to take your money and clear our for an hour but we do not trust you enough to tell you about our ptector."
One woman said as she took te bills from your hands and headed of with the othrs.
"We appriciat you not messing with our stuff but we are taking anything of any value with us."
She continued."
One by one the group got their money and headed of and Adjan looked aftr them.
"They do not trust asily do they."
He muttered.
"Well let us get what we came here to do doe before their protector retur and we learn who or perhaps what that is.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next