Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 17 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:41 pm

[The day of departure-Morning]

Colin nodded, "Appreciate it. Still, I'd rather bring her along with me - she is the onboard mechanic, after all."

"She is probably in her room then...hum if you see Miss Bouchard could you tell her that we will be bringing along two passengers who might interest her...ah yes you should probably also be informed about that."
Helena said.
"There are a cybernetics conference happening on Horizon and we have been asked to transport who members of...ehm...forgive me I have forgotten the Chantry's name but one of Steelhaven's allies in one of the neighboring towns to Horizon for the conference. The Chief have already cleared it the technomancers will meet us at the Umbra port."

He waved back to Kyle, then arched an eyebrow, "Who's going to see the Fae, now?"

"Mr Wainwright good morning."
Kyle said politely.
"Mr Yager, he have been invited, Deaconess O'Connor said so when she was in here earlier."

He nodded and accepted the stones, "I know the place, I've visited in the future, on the same errand."

"Ah I see...well I am sure Mundi will appreciate it so thank you."
Darrian said as he continued making the potato salad.
"It seams breakfast is soon done, do you want any Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 17 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:31 am

[Morning of Departure Kitchen.]

Anja wrote:"That is nice of her, to give you a lesson."
Kyle said and he gave you a weak smile.
"And you did a good thing helping the Banshee...and now you are going to see the fae yes?"
The boy said then he gave a polite nod to Colin who came into the room about then.
Colin wrote:He waved back to Kyle, then arched an eyebrow, "Who's going to see the Fae, now?"
Anja wrote:"Mr Wainwright good morning."
Kyle said politely.
"Mr Yager, he have been invited, Deaconess O'Connor said so when she was in here earlier."

"Mr. Wainwright. You missed my grand tale! Don't worry. I'll be sure to recount it for you at a later date." Serge said now twirling the stick between his fingers as if it were an oversized pencil. "And yes. It turns out I've been invited to a grand Fae ball. Very excited for that. The changeling society is the one supernatural faction I haven't spoken too at all. It's funny that I've interacted with most of the creatures of night except for the ones that most align with my own magick."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:56 am

Mr. Wainwright. You missed my grand tale! Don't worry. I'll be sure to recount it for you at a later date." Serge said now twirling the stick between his fingers as if it were an oversized pencil.

"Perhaps with more fact and less bragging Mr Yager it was hard to get any useful information out of your tale."
Helena commented over her cup of tea.

"And yes. It turns out I've been invited to a grand Fae ball. Very excited for that. The changeling society is the one supernatural faction I haven't spoken too at all. It's funny that I've interacted with most of the creatures of night except for the ones that most align with my own magick."

"Just be aware they are unpredictable Mr Yager, they are not all fun and glitter Fae can be dangerous there are reasons the Order of Hermes have laws concerning them."
The ice maga said then she sigh as her tea had already gotten cold and sludge like with cold.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 pm

Anja wrote:"She is probably in her room then...hum if you see Miss Bouchard could you tell her that we will be bringing along two passengers who might interest her...ah yes you should probably also be informed about that."
Helena said.
"There are a cybernetics conference happening on Horizon and we have been asked to transport who members of...ehm...forgive me I have forgotten the Chantry's name but one of Steelhaven's allies in one of the neighboring towns to Horizon for the conference. The Chief have already cleared it the technomancers will meet us at the Umbra port."
Colin nodded, "I'll head up to check on her, then, and let her know. Mind my cases in the meantime?"

Anja wrote:"Mr Wainwright good morning."
Kyle said politely.
Jeremy wrote:"Mr. Wainwright. You missed my grand tale! Don't worry. I'll be sure to recount it for you at a later date." Serge said now twirling the stick between his fingers as if it were an oversized pencil. "And yes. It turns out I've been invited to a grand Fae ball. Very excited for that. The changeling society is the one supernatural faction I haven't spoken too at all. It's funny that I've interacted with most of the creatures of night except for the ones that most align with my own magick."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps with more fact and less bragging Mr Yager it was hard to get any useful information out of your tale."
He arched an eyebrow, "Interesting... I'd like to hear this tale; I'm sure there's some room in the cockpit during the flight, so you might find time to tell me on the trip. So, Lady Wilda's no longer a problem, then."

Anja wrote:"Just be aware they are unpredictable Mr Yager, they are not all fun and glitter Fae can be dangerous there are reasons the Order of Hermes have laws concerning them."
The ice maga said then she sigh as her tea had already gotten cold and sludge like with cold.
He paused for a moment, "That's... not completely true. In many ways, they seem more predictable than humans. But they are locked in slightly alien patterns of stories and tropes and archetypes, and if you're unfamiliar with the story presented, mistakes can be... harmful."

Anja wrote:"Ah I see...well I am sure Mundi will appreciate it so thank you."
Darrian said as he continued making the potato salad.
"It seams breakfast is soon done, do you want any Mr Wainwright?"
He shook his head, "Just ate with the girls, but thank you. By the way, are you familiar with the works of one Elias Ashmole? 17th century, English alchemist?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:35 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll head up to check on her, then, and let her know. Mind my cases in the meantime?"

"Certainly Mr Wainwright."
Helena said with an polite nod.

He paused for a moment, "That's... not completely true. In many ways, they seem more predictable than humans. But they are locked in slightly alien patterns of stories and tropes and archetypes, and if you're unfamiliar with the story presented, mistakes can be... harmful."

"That is quite true."
The ice maga said with a nod as she handed her frozen cup over to her apprentice so he could warm it again.

He shook his head, "Just ate with the girls, but thank you. By the way, are you familiar with the works of one Elias Ashmole? 17th century, English alchemist?"

"I know of him Mr Wainwright why do you ask?"
Darrian asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:51 am

Anja wrote:"That is quite true."
The ice maga said with a nod as she handed her frozen cup over to her apprentice so he could warm it again.
Colin looked at the cup for a moment, then shook his head, "And on that topic, H. C. Andersen would have loved you, I think. But that has got to be impractical."

Anja wrote:"I know of him Mr Wainwright why do you ask?"
Darrian asked.
He smiled slyly, clearly not speaking entirely truthfully, "Oh, nothing special, just came across references to an actual English book on the subject, so it caught my eye. Oh, and I reread that last chapter... Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel did give up on immortality, but not because they saw the 'nobility' of death - they were tired of life. And destroying the stone did not kill them immediately, it just kept them from making more of the longevity potions they used. 'To a well-organized mind, death is just the next great adventure.' Though there is a side comment about how all the life and money one could want is bad for you, so I will concede the point."

He sighed, "Well, I'd best check on my mechanic. See you when we get back, I expect."

He then strolled upstairs to knock on Nicole's door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Colin looked at the cup for a moment, then shook his head, "And on that topic, H. C. Andersen would have loved you, I think. But that has got to be impractical."

"It is what it is Mr Wainwright, you will get your little strangeness as well with time, little manifestations of your Art in the world around you."
Helena said before she accepted the re headed cup back from her apprentice.

He smiled slyly, clearly not speaking entirely truthfully, "Oh, nothing special, just came across references to an actual English book on the subject, so it caught my eye. Oh, and I reread that last chapter... Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel did give up on immortality, but not because they saw the 'nobility' of death - they were tired of life. And destroying the stone did not kill them immediately, it just kept them from making more of the longevity potions they used. 'To a well-organized mind, death is just the next great adventure.' Though there is a side comment about how all the life and money one could want is bad for you, so I will concede the point."

"I see, well references to actual books on alchemy in a work of fiction do not make it more educational Mr Wainwright, I can include mentions of several books by famous chemists in a book about a little frog or something it do not mean it will by then become a good volume chemistry."
Darrian said simply raising an eyebrow.
"Ah yes the second most common plot line in something about immortality, the immortal or long lived character gets tired of life and want to die, and we are back to the good and true thing is to live some 80 years plus minus a few decades and never reach for more, that infuriate me just about as much as the oh immortality is evil plot line. The reason why some old people say they are tired of life are usually A they have become so frail and disabled they can no longer do the things that give them joy, B society are set in a way where elders are strongly discouraged from getting new life goals and new interests they are just meant to fawn over grandchildren and wait to die, and C it is what they are expected to say. If a person had unlimited healthy years, do learn and explore and live with their loved ones, I have a very strong feeling few would say they are just tired of life. You can see that with how few mages actually quit their various longevity methods."
The Alchemist scoffed.
"Yes yes we all have our ideas of what happens after death, but I believe it is far more gainful to try to live as long as possible, and by that I do not mean to 90, this life offers endless possibilities, going on to a new incarnation is no more nobel. Off course do not be so afraid of death you do not dare live, life is risk, but to have this idea that death in itself is a good thing, no I do not agree with that."

He sighed, "Well, I'd best check on my mechanic. See you when we get back, I expect."

"Have a pleasant journey Mr Wainwright, oh and please tell Miss Bouchard I would like to talk with her when your group have returned from Horizon, nothing urgent, I wish some advice on setting up a workshop."
The Master alchemist said with a polite nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Anja wrote:"Perhaps with more fact and less bragging Mr Yager it was hard to get any useful information out of your tale."
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Interesting... I'd like to hear this tale; I'm sure there's some room in the cockpit during the flight, so you might find time to tell me on the trip. So, Lady Wilda's no longer a problem, then."

"She may be a new ally now. Maybe? She mentioned something about how she and her court were indebted to me and if there was anything I needed to just ask. I don't plan on calling in favors like that but I feel like you'd want to know in case you want to leverage that."

Anja wrote:"Just be aware they are unpredictable Mr Yager, they are not all fun and glitter Fae can be dangerous there are reasons the Order of Hermes have laws concerning them."
Colin wrote:He paused for a moment, "That's... not completely true. In many ways, they seem more predictable than humans. But they are locked in slightly alien patterns of stories and tropes and archetypes, and if you're unfamiliar with the story presented, mistakes can be... harmful."
Anja wrote:"That is quite true."

"Well I'll mostly be interacting with Changelings. There not as, extreme, as other fae creatures." Serge mused, putting his Fae lessons from the Deaconess to use. "And I'm not too worried about getting harmed or messed with there. Doing so would ensure the complete and utter physical and social destruction of the assailant and his faction. No what's gonna happen there is that I'm gonna be spied on by the winter court."

Colin wrote:He sighed, "Well, I'd best check on my mechanic. See you when we get back, I expect."

"Ciao! Say hi to Nick for me." Serge said waving his stick wildly as if it were a long narrow extension of his hand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:08 am

"She may be a new ally now. Maybe? She mentioned something about how she and her court were indebted to me and if there was anything I needed to just ask. I don't plan on calling in favors like that but I feel like you'd want to know in case you want to leverage that."

"Just be sure to remember that they are alien. Remember there are huge culture differences just between nations. I have some European friends and they find the way American schools chant the pledge of independence creepy and cultish while many Americans would be deadly insulted by such things expressed. In Italy it is considered polite to plop yourself down by someone eating alone and stroke up a conversation while in Scandinavia that is just not done, give people their space, just to mention how completely common things done in one nation can be extremely rude in another, now think of a culture completely alien, and with beings of great power and you will understand you need to be careful young man."
Helena said.

"Well I'll mostly be interacting with Changelings. There not as, extreme, as other fae creatures." Serge mused, putting his Fae lessons from the Deaconess to use. "And I'm not too worried about getting harmed or messed with there. Doing so would ensure the complete and utter physical and social destruction of the assailant and his faction. No what's gonna happen there is that I'm gonna be spied on by the winter court."

"That is true but even so you need to be careful, before you know it you will have insulted someone or done something which is a promise of eternal service."
The ice maga sigh.
"Well it is your own choice you are an Adept Mr Yager I just advice caution."

"Ciao! Say hi to Nick for me." Serge said waving his stick wildly as if it were a long narrow extension of his hand.

Mundi eyed that stick and wagged his tail hopefully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:29 pm

Anja wrote:"It is what it is Mr Wainwright, you will get your little strangeness as well with time, little manifestations of your Art in the world around you."
Helena said before she accepted the re headed cup back from her apprentice.
Colin smiled wryly, "I am well aware, thank you. My future self has given me an... early promotion. In more ways than one."

Jeremy wrote:"She may be a new ally now. Maybe? She mentioned something about how she and her court were indebted to me and if there was anything I needed to just ask. I don't plan on calling in favors like that but I feel like you'd want to know in case you want to leverage that."
Anja wrote:"Just be sure to remember that they are alien. Remember there are huge culture differences just between nations. I have some European friends and they find the way American schools chant the pledge of independence creepy and cultish while many Americans would be deadly insulted by such things expressed. In Italy it is considered polite to plop yourself down by someone eating alone and stroke up a conversation while in Scandinavia that is just not done, give people their space, just to mention how completely common things done in one nation can be extremely rude in another, now think of a culture completely alien, and with beings of great power and you will understand you need to be careful young man."
Helena said.
He nodded, "Come to think of it, if you take a look at the old Disney version of Sleeping Beauty, the snub against Maleficent at the beginning is very much something the Fair Folk would take deadly seriously. It is, perhaps, the best representation of their kind in the entire Disney library..."

Jeremy wrote:"Well I'll mostly be interacting with Changelings. There not as, extreme, as other fae creatures." Serge mused, putting his Fae lessons from the Deaconess to use. "And I'm not too worried about getting harmed or messed with there. Doing so would ensure the complete and utter physical and social destruction of the assailant and his faction. No what's gonna happen there is that I'm gonna be spied on by the winter court."
Anja wrote:"That is true but even so you need to be careful, before you know it you will have insulted someone or done something which is a promise of eternal service."
The ice maga sigh.
He smiled wryly, "Of course you won't be assaulted there - that would be rude, and the Fair Folk won't have it said they're poor guests. However, I'd be surprised if no-one tried to seduce you to their service - be it offering the fleshier pleasures, or just promising to model for you."

Anja wrote:"I see, well references to actual books on alchemy in a work of fiction do not make it more educational Mr Wainwright, I can include mentions of several books by famous chemists in a book about a little frog or something it do not mean it will by then become a good volume chemistry."
Darrian said simply raising an eyebrow.
"Ah yes the second most common plot line in something about immortality, the immortal or long lived character gets tired of life and want to die, and we are back to the good and true thing is to live some 80 years plus minus a few decades and never reach for more, that infuriate me just about as much as the oh immortality is evil plot line. The reason why some old people say they are tired of life are usually A they have become so frail and disabled they can no longer do the things that give them joy, B society are set in a way where elders are strongly discouraged from getting new life goals and new interests they are just meant to fawn over grandchildren and wait to die, and C it is what they are expected to say. If a person had unlimited healthy years, do learn and explore and live with their loved ones, I have a very strong feeling few would say they are just tired of life. You can see that with how few mages actually quit their various longevity methods."
The Alchemist scoffed.
"Yes yes we all have our ideas of what happens after death, but I believe it is far more gainful to try to live as long as possible, and by that I do not mean to 90, this life offers endless possibilities, going on to a new incarnation is no more nobel. Off course do not be so afraid of death you do not dare live, life is risk, but to have this idea that death in itself is a good thing, no I do not agree with that."
He shook his head, "Ah, no, this was not a reference in fiction, it was an article on the history of alchemy. As for immortality - I suppose there's a certain fatigue to watching all your loved ones grow old and pass away before you, while you remain youthful and healthy. That, too, must get tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not objecting to people seeking immortality; Lady Crexia has found a lovely niche for herself with her form of it, but the human mind can get... funny at times. It seems to me people will often get to a point where they lose the joy of learning, when the world loses its sense of novelty, and if that happens, well... I suppose it's a matter of perspective; Death is not an enemy, it's the last friendly face we see, waiting for us at the end. But he's a patient one, and he'll wait for as long as it takes, whether one year, or a thousand, or ten thousand, so long as we have stories to share with him when we do arrive. In a manner of speaking. You know what they say; some people live more in a year than others do in eighty... but neither is really a wrong way to go about it; enjoy the time you have as you like, and see how much time you can get to enjoy."

Anja wrote:"Have a pleasant journey Mr Wainwright, oh and please tell Miss Bouchard I would like to talk with her when your group have returned from Horizon, nothing urgent, I wish some advice on setting up a workshop."
The Master alchemist said with a polite nod.
He nodded, "I will let her know."

Jeremy wrote:"Ciao! Say hi to Nick for me." Serge said waving his stick wildly as if it were a long narrow extension of his hand.
Anja wrote:Mundi eyed that stick and wagged his tail hopefully.
He grinned, "I will, and mind your blade, squire; it seems a brigand seeks to disarm you."

He chuckled softly, heading upstairs and eventually knocking in Nicole's door, "Nicole? About time to head to the Umbra Port for the preflight check... ready to roll out?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I am well aware, thank you. My future self has given me an... early promotion. In more ways than one."

"It comes to us all eventually."
Helena replied.

He nodded, "Come to think of it, if you take a look at the old Disney version of Sleeping Beauty, the snub against Maleficent at the beginning is very much something the Fair Folk would take deadly seriously. It is, perhaps, the best representation of their kind in the entire Disney library..."

"From how I understand it yes, and the royal family in the fairy tale is in a bind, they only had twelve gold plates, if they invited her and gave her a lesser plate the punishment would be the same, fae can really carry a grudge."
The frost maga agreed.

He shook his head, "Ah, no, this was not a reference in fiction, it was an article on the history of alchemy. As for immortality - I suppose there's a certain fatigue to watching all your loved ones grow old and pass away before you, while you remain youthful and healthy. That, too, must get tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not objecting to people seeking immortality; Lady Crexia has found a lovely niche for herself with her form of it, but the human mind can get... funny at times. It seems to me people will often get to a point where they lose the joy of learning, when the world loses its sense of novelty, and if that happens, well... I suppose it's a matter of perspective; Death is not an enemy, it's the last friendly face we see, waiting for us at the end. But he's a patient one, and he'll wait for as long as it takes, whether one year, or a thousand, or ten thousand, so long as we have stories to share with him when we do arrive. In a manner of speaking. You know what they say; some people live more in a year than others do in eighty... but neither is really a wrong way to go about it; enjoy the time you have as you like, and see how much time you can get to enjoy."

"And there is the rub, the Consensus hold onto the idea that we must all welcome death since if not we have to watch our loved ones age and die when it is that very idea that make them age and die. Also other than a few family members the sad truth very few have the same friends though their entire life, it is nice when it happens but people grow apart and one get new friends, but there is this idea that once you reach a certain age getting new friends are undesirable."
The alchemist replied.
"As for loosing the joy of learning, well if you are 70 learning a new skill means you will have very little time to practice it unless you prolong your life which is rather de motivating, society are set up in a way to encourage learning in the young and slow decline of the old."
Darrian shook his head.
"I fear I do not share your romantic idea of death Mr Wainwright, it is a process it is not a friend, it is the dissolution of your self into to various parts of your soul and mind and body, and some of these continue on. It is not something to be fared to the point where one forget to live but neither do I think it is something to be romanticized or longed for."

He nodded, "I will let her know."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a nod.

He grinned, "I will, and mind your blade, squire; it seems a brigand seeks to disarm you."

Mundi gave a happy bark at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:56 am

Anja wrote:"And there is the rub, the Consensus hold onto the idea that we must all welcome death since if not we have to watch our loved ones age and die when it is that very idea that make them age and die. Also other than a few family members the sad truth very few have the same friends though their entire life, it is nice when it happens but people grow apart and one get new friends, but there is this idea that once you reach a certain age getting new friends are undesirable."
The alchemist replied.
"As for loosing the joy of learning, well if you are 70 learning a new skill means you will have very little time to practice it unless you prolong your life which is rather de motivating, society are set up in a way to encourage learning in the young and slow decline of the old."
Darrian shook his head.
"I fear I do not share your romantic idea of death Mr Wainwright, it is a process it is not a friend, it is the dissolution of your self into to various parts of your soul and mind and body, and some of these continue on. It is not something to be fared to the point where one forget to live but neither do I think it is something to be romanticized or longed for."
Colin shrugged, "Romantic idea? I'm not so sure it's an entirely romantic idea... Death is always there, waiting, but death itself is not an enemy to be feared, it's a natural conclusion to life. It's up to each of us to make the best of what time we have... whether we get a dew decades, or centuries upon centuries. The modern implementation of 'retirement homes' where the elderly are left to wither away, though, is nothing short of disgraceful."

((OOC: Nicole? You gonna answer that door?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Colin shrugged, "Romantic idea? I'm not so sure it's an entirely romantic idea... Death is always there, waiting, but death itself is not an enemy to be feared, it's a natural conclusion to life. It's up to each of us to make the best of what time we have... whether we get a dew decades, or centuries upon centuries. The modern implementation of 'retirement homes' where the elderly are left to wither away, though, is nothing short of disgraceful."

"My point is that we are all more than the sum of our parts, death is the dissolution to that, the parts, some of them will be put together to form new wholes but I do not see it as desirable to ever be reduced in such a way, while I will not avoid risk to stay alive, my ultimate goal is immortality to never die, not now, not in centuries, but to change and grow into perfection in the form I have."
The Alchemist replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:47 pm

Anja wrote:"Just be sure to remember that they are alien. Remember there are huge culture differences just between nations. I have some European friends and they find the way American schools chant the pledge of independence creepy and cultish while many Americans would be deadly insulted by such things expressed. In Italy it is considered polite to plop yourself down by someone eating alone and stroke up a conversation while in Scandinavia that is just not done, give people their space, just to mention how completely common things done in one nation can be extremely rude in another, now think of a culture completely alien, and with beings of great power and you will understand you need to be careful young man."
Helena said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Come to think of it, if you take a look at the old Disney version of Sleeping Beauty, the snub against Maleficent at the beginning is very much something the Fair Folk would take deadly seriously. It is, perhaps, the best representation of their kind in the entire Disney library..."
Anja wrote:"From how I understand it yes, and the royal family in the fairy tale is in a bind, they only had twelve gold plates, if they invited her and gave her a lesser plate the punishment would be the same, fae can really carry a grudge."
The frost maga agreed.

"There's a big difference between capital 'F' True Fae and Changlings. And I'm fairly certain the latter is less alien than you'd think. From what I've gathered changlings exist similarly to us. In mortal shells trying to eek out a bit of magick in this boring reality. In fact, we share a lot more in common than we'd like to admit." Serge mused, "But don't worry, I'll be careful. I got a pretty heavy social bulwark in both my connection to the Deaconess and the deeds I've done."

Anja wrote:"That is true but even so you need to be careful, before you know it you will have insulted someone or done something which is a promise of eternal service."
The ice maga sigh.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Of course you won't be assaulted there - that would be rude, and the Fair Folk won't have it said they're poor guests. However, I'd be surprised if no-one tried to seduce you to their service - be it offering the fleshier pleasures, or just promising to model for you."

"I'll be careful. This invitation will be a good way to learn about the changling society in Boston. In particular why the Winter Court wanted to slaughter us all with no mercy."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "I will, and mind your blade, squire; it seems a brigand seeks to disarm you."
Anja wrote:Mundi gave a happy bark at that.

"Well the purpose of this blade was to bring life so...FETCH." Serge said as he tossed the stick gently towards Mundi. He would've thrown it but he was still in a crowded common room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:15 pm

"There's a big difference between capital 'F' True Fae and Changlings. And I'm fairly certain the latter is less alien than you'd think. From what I've gathered changlings exist similarly to us. In mortal shells trying to eek out a bit of magick in this boring reality. In fact, we share a lot more in common than we'd like to admit." Serge mused, "But don't worry, I'll be careful. I got a pretty heavy social bulwark in both my connection to the Deaconess and the deeds I've done."

"Never be to sure you are untouchable even if you have friend in high places or underestimate someone's ability to act impulsively or without thinking of the consequences kid, but yes there is a difference there but let us hope it is enough. As I said though the risk is your to take."
Helena said and she sounded a bit doubtful still.

I'll be careful. This invitation will be a good way to learn about the changling society in Boston. In particular why the Winter Court wanted to slaughter us all with no mercy."

"Unless someone eats you Mr Yager for then you will not get to use much of that information."
Andrew chimed in.

Well the purpose of this blade was to bring life so...FETCH." Serge said as he tossed the stick gently towards Mundi. He would've thrown it but he was still in a crowded common room.

Mundi grabbed the stick and shook his head joyfully back and forth and he was strong, he was all muscle. The dog playfully growled though and he seamed so happy to be played with.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 am

Anja wrote:"My point is that we are all more than the sum of our parts, death is the dissolution to that, the parts, some of them will be put together to form new wholes but I do not see it as desirable to ever be reduced in such a way, while I will not avoid risk to stay alive, my ultimate goal is immortality to never die, not now, not in centuries, but to change and grow into perfection in the form I have."
The Alchemist replied.
Colin nodded, "And that ambition is admirable, too. And I hope you gain what you seek in the best way possible. Personally... I'll prefer immortality through my deeds, my family, and my apprentices, but that's not to say my way is in any way superior to yours."

Jeremy wrote:"There's a big difference between capital 'F' True Fae and Changlings. And I'm fairly certain the latter is less alien than you'd think. From what I've gathered changlings exist similarly to us. In mortal shells trying to eek out a bit of magick in this boring reality. In fact, we share a lot more in common than we'd like to admit." Serge mused, "But don't worry, I'll be careful. I got a pretty heavy social bulwark in both my connection to the Deaconess and the deeds I've done."
Anja wrote:"Never be to sure you are untouchable even if you have friend in high places or underestimate someone's ability to act impulsively or without thinking of the consequences kid, but yes there is a difference there but let us hope it is enough. As I said though the risk is your to take."
He nodded to Helena, "There are enough overlaps to be concerned, protection or not. In fact, your deeds will likely not be as good a shield as you believe, but rather more of a beacon. Still, I trust Deaconess O'Connor will be able to provide you some protection and guidance."

Jeremy wrote:"I'll be careful. This invitation will be a good way to learn about the changling society in Boston. In particular why the Winter Court wanted to slaughter us all with no mercy."
Anja wrote:"Unless someone eats you Mr Yager for then you will not get to use much of that information."
Andrew chimed in.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, I doubt they'd eat him. More likely, they'll just feed off his creativity and leave the rest."
Thinking for a moment, he added, "Oh, and if someone asks for your name, tell them they can't have it, but they may address you as Young Artist, if they like. For example."

[Outside Nicole's apartment, minutes later]
He knocked on Nicole's door again, "Nick, you in there?"
Pausing for a few moments, "Doris? Is Nicole awake?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am

Colin nodded, "And that ambition is admirable, too. And I hope you gain what you seek in the best way possible. Personally... I'll prefer immortality through my deeds, my family, and my apprentices, but that's not to say my way is in any way superior to yours."

Darrian nodded.
"I wish you the best of luck as well Mr Wainwright."
He replied.

He nodded to Helena, "There are enough overlaps to be concerned, protection or not. In fact, your deeds will likely not be as good a shield as you believe, but rather more of a beacon. Still, I trust Deaconess O'Connor will be able to provide you some protection and guidance."

"If anyone could it would be the Deaconess."
Helena agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Oh, I doubt they'd eat him. More likely, they'll just feed off his creativity and leave the rest."

"That is a form of eating him Mr Wainwright."
The ice maga said raising an eyebrow.

Thinking for a moment, he added, "Oh, and if someone asks for your name, tell them they can't have it, but they may address you as Young Artist, if they like. For example."

"Agreed be very careful about giving your name to the Fae Mr Yager."
Helena agreed.

He knocked on Nicole's door again, "Nick, you in there?"
Pausing for a few moments, "Doris? Is Nicole awake?"

"Yes...she is, she is moving around and doing human stuff."
Doris replied though the door.
"Do you got nom noms?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:54 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes...she is, she is moving around and doing human stuff."
Doris replied though the door.
"Do you got nom noms?"
Colin grinned, fishing out the little Tupperware box from his pocket, "As I promised, 'next time', and I expected to swing by here, here you go. Bacon bits, the cubed kind."
He opened the lid and let Doris sniff the bacon, "Alright, girl, dig in, and see if you can nudge Nicole toward the door, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:21 pm

olin grinned, fishing out the little Tupperware box from his pocket, "As I promised, 'next time', and I expected to swing by here, here you go. Bacon bits, the cubed kind."
He opened the lid and let Doris sniff the bacon, "Alright, girl, dig in, and see if you can nudge Nicole toward the door, hmm?"

Doris briefly manifested fully in Nicole's apartment and yellow.
"Roommate the scarred human with what I can't touch inside is outside and want to talk with you."
Then she dematerialized again and headed out the door to bury her snout in the tupperweare box.
"Good bacon."
She said over the sound of eating.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:54 am

Anja wrote:"Never be to sure you are untouchable even if you have friend in high places or underestimate someone's ability to act impulsively or without thinking of the consequences kid, but yes there is a difference there but let us hope it is enough. As I said though the risk is your to take."
Colin wrote:He nodded to Helena, "There are enough overlaps to be concerned, protection or not. In fact, your deeds will likely not be as good a shield as you believe, but rather more of a beacon. Still, I trust Deaconess O'Connor will be able to provide you some protection and guidance."
Anja wrote:"Unless someone eats you Mr Yager for then you will not get to use much of that information."
Andrew chimed in.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Oh, I doubt they'd eat him. More likely, they'll just feed off his creativity and leave the rest."

"Yeah, I'll be hopped up on so many protection spells that they likely wouldn't be able too if they tried. I walked up to a hungry Banshee and she couldn't even dent the shields." Serge said with a shrug, growing a little tired of the constant nay-saying around him. "I feel like you guys aren't placing your concern where it should be. Me getting hurt at a party is a slight possibility. A chimera being sent to harm us HAS happened already. And we have no idea why. Most people don't even know we were attacked! And most couldn't do anything even if they did know! Aren't you even the least bit curious why the winter court decided to do that?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:34 am

"Yeah, I'll be hopped up on so many protection spells that they likely wouldn't be able too if they tried. I walked up to a hungry Banshee and she couldn't even dent the shields." Serge said with a shrug, growing a little tired of the constant nay-saying around him. "I feel like you guys aren't placing your concern where it should be. Me getting hurt at a party is a slight possibility. A chimera being sent to harm us HAS happened already. And we have no idea why. Most people don't even know we were attacked! And most couldn't do anything even if they did know! Aren't you even the least bit curious why the winter court decided to do that?"

"Off course we are concerned about the thing that got into the Chantry and I am not denying that you might be able to get some leads Mr Yager. What really worry me though is how lightly you are taking this. Or to put it simpler if you was a bit more concerned I would be a bit less concerned. I am less concerned when your Cabal leader deal with Massassa than if a teenage girl fresh of a Twilight high who think they are all noble lords of the night do the same."
Helena said with a frown.
"And I assume you will not be entering a ball with combat wards which I assume is what was placed on you when you saved the Banshee, also warding against undead is different from Fae. Think about it this way. The Order of Hermes have laws against messing with Fae, we do not have the same laws against wercreatures, do you think that is random?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:22 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, 19.00]

Anja's Post:

'And that's how it works. You don't need to look in the sea because you know Jaws ain't real, and anyone who even suggests looking in the sea is clearly mad.'

Anja's Post:

'Gaia?' vaguely feeling like a character in a Chick Tract asking “who is this Jesus then?” grabbing a paper towel and giving the wok a quick wipe-down.

Serge's Post:

'When it comes to the kitchen, do you work with anything?' she quipped, though not unkindly. 'Next time, remove cores after you've halved 'em.'

Serge's Post:

A short half-chuckle at this. 'Would make the weapon really bulky, like. And really expensive.' putting the wok onto the hob and turning it on.

Anja's Post:

'Well, would take a bit of getting used to...' she mused, grabbing a bottle of oil and putting a little in the wok. '-which is why folks have to be re-trained to use energy weapons...'

[Day of Departure, Morning]

Colin's Post:

Nicole didn't answer the door. Listening closely revealed a lack of noise coming from the apartment too; which was a bit of a bad sign due to the fact the woman was one of those people who didn't seemingly didn't like silence. Just as Colin hit the conclusion that perhaps calling her to locate the wayward or sleeping Etherite was wise, it would become unneeded; seeing her coming into the hallway, already coated and laden with a duffle bag, several brown bags and what appeared to be something white and plasticy.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm

Anja wrote:Doris briefly manifested fully in Nicole's apartment and yellow.
"Roommate the scarred human with what I can't touch inside is outside and want to talk with you."
Then she dematerialized again and headed out the door to bury her snout in the tupperweare box.
"Good bacon."
She said over the sound of eating.
Colin chuckled, "Careful that you don't eat the box, Doris, plastic's hard on the digestion. And thank you."

Nicole wrote:Nicole didn't answer the door. Listening closely revealed a lack of noise coming from the apartment too; which was a bit of a bad sign due to the fact the woman was one of those people who didn't seemingly didn't like silence. Just as Colin hit the conclusion that perhaps calling her to locate the wayward or sleeping Etherite was wise, it would become unneeded; seeing her coming into the hallway, already coated and laden with a duffle bag, several brown bags and what appeared to be something white and plasticy.
As he reached for his phone, he took a step back when the door swung open, "Ah, there you are. All packed and ready to go? I've got a couple of messages for you before we leave..."
He counted off on his fingers, "We'll be bringing a pair of cybernetics enthusiasts from out of town along to the upcoming conference, they'll meet us at the Umbra Port. Also, Master Haagen wishes to request some advice for setting up a workshop when we get back. Nothing urgent."
He frowned slightly at her luggage, "Far be it from me to question anyone's packing habits, but just how much mass in merchandise are you bringing along today?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:15 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, 19.00]

And that's how it works. You don't need to look in the sea because you know Jaws ain't real, and anyone who even suggests looking in the sea is clearly mad.'

"Jaws might not be real but there are plenty of other sharks."
Coawa said with a big grin missing the point completely.

'Gaia?' vaguely feeling like a character in a Chick Tract asking “who is this Jesus then?” grabbing a paper towel and giving the wok a quick wipe-down.

"A Celestine, one of the most powerful spirit in existence, she is tied to nature and to the creation of wer critters...other than Ananasi...but they are a special case. Werewolves venerate her."
The Rokea explained.

Well, would take a bit of getting used to...' she mused, grabbing a bottle of oil and putting a little in the wok. '-which is why folks have to be re-trained to use energy weapons...'

"Yeah that makes sense."
Coawa said with a nod.

Colin chuckled, "Careful that you don't eat the box, Doris, plastic's hard on the digestion. And thank you."

"I am a spirit I don't have digestion."
Doris muttered between mouthfulls, she did not eat the box though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:02 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, Morning]

Colin's Post:

'Hmm?' she replied, a little indistinct due to trying to juggle her load while locating her keys to open the apartment door. 'Wha? Had some shit to do first, ain't my fault you're early...' she continued, performing a little movement to try to shed the dufflebag in the hall without losing grip of the rest; a task she'd have succeeded in if one of the brown bags hadn't split at the bottom, shedding what looked to be pig's knuckle bone, a bag of carrots and a box of granola bars before she stopped the outflow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next