Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 22 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:07 pm

[Day of Departure, Morning]

Colin's Post:

'Nor really; we've done hardware – software collaborations before, like.' she replied, giving a shrug, while checking her pockets. 'Dunno why it didn't pan out.'

Colin's Post:

A moment's consideration. 'Well, a chair has legs. Are you saying Doris is a chair?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but you ain't the one who's gonna get it in the neck on coming back. Yes... if you learn anything important while I'm gone, you'll tell him instead, yes?'

Anja's Post:

'Well, I'm sure Lowell have like a catalogue or something for the stuff they can print.' she replied. 'Though I think Cava would like helping out on this... speaking of which, you object to her getting, like a ton of Meccano for Christmas?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, but didn't comment further.

[Didn't rule on the Arts/Crafts question regarding the producing of blueprints etc, Great One.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 22 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:24 pm

'Yeah, but you ain't the one who's gonna get it in the neck on coming back. Yes... if you learn anything important while I'm gone, you'll tell him instead, yes?'

"Okey okey I will behave."
Dories said.
"If I learn anything important I will tell the one bonded to Mundi."

'Well, I'm sure Lowell have like a catalogue or something for the stuff they can print.' she replied. 'Though I think Cava would like helping out on this... speaking of which, you object to her getting, like a ton of Meccano for Christmas?'

"I will contact Lowell then and ask what they might be able to provide...and getting my apprentice to help with this would be a useful learning opportunity for her."
Darrian agreed.
"No I am sure she would love that. Cava have a real talent working with her hands and understanding how things work, I would never mind her developing that."

(OOC: Remind me again producing blueprints?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:36 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:You saw mages coming and going to have breakfast together, after all each apartment had a kitchen so those who wanted to could make breakfast there, many enjoyed eating with others of the Chantry though. After some time Jeffry headed to the middle of the room, several for the other mages bowed to the Deacon and Security Chief.
"Very well then we are heading off, everyone who is going into Horizon get your things and let us meet up in the garage."
The old mage said. Kyle looked pretty nervous and Helena patted him on the shoulder as she stood to gather her things.

"Probably would've been smarter to bring my bags down huh." Serge said to himself.

As everyone began to clamor around to prepare for the departure, Serge quickly went back up to his room to retrieve his backpack filled with what he would be taking to Horizon. It wasn't much, but then again, Serge really didn't need much to survive.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:42 am

[Common Room]

Probably would've been smarter to bring my bags down huh." Serge said to himself.

As everyone began to clamor around to prepare for the departure, Serge quickly went back up to his room to retrieve his backpack filled with what he would be taking to Horizon. It wasn't much, but then again, Serge really didn't need much to survive.

You got your bag and yes the group that was heading to Horizon was starting to mill towards the garage with their bags and getting into the Chief and Helena's rented car.
"I will give the car back then when we get to the airport so I don't have to pay rent when it is not used."
Helena commented as she held out her hand for your bag so she could put it in the trunk.
"That is probably wise."
Jeffry said as he got into the driver's seat of his own car.

(OOC: Yes I believe Nicole and Colin probably left the Chantry before the rest leave indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:20 am

Nicole wrote:'Nor really; we've done hardware – software collaborations before, like.' she replied, giving a shrug, while checking her pockets. 'Dunno why it didn't pan out.'
Colin shrugged, "Probably something mundane like budget concerns, scheduling conflicts, or a dispute over who gets their name abnd Tradition listed first on the project..."

Nicole wrote:A moment's consideration. 'Well, a chair has legs. Are you saying Doris is a chair?'
He chuckled, "Well played, Diogenes, but I think Doris would protest mightily to being sat on. As would most people."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure how much is needed to kill him but I might have been a bit dramatic, a mere touch would burn him, I suspect more would be deeded to harm him seriously, even so being around gold is most uncomfortable for him and still he works with it."
Darrian replied.
"My friend is a Wer Crocodile a Mokolé"
He explained.
He nodded, "Ah... hum, never heard of those before. So, in actuality, probably about the same sensitivity as Garou have to silver, then; they do find me a bit... unsettling to be around. Which is quite amusing, when you think about it."

((OOC: Nicole asked if drafting blueprints or CAD-type drawings would be an Arts or Crafts roll. I say it'd be a Crafts roll, as it's essentially functional, rather than artistic. Come to think of it, Int+Technology could probably work, too, for designing electronics and machinery...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:24 am

He nodded, "Ah... hum, never heard of those before. So, in actuality, probably about the same sensitivity as Garou have to silver, then; they do find me a bit... unsettling to be around. Which is quite amusing, when you think about it."

"Yes I believe it is the same type of weakness. I often see my friend with burns on his hands and arms, burns that do not heal like all other injuries seam to do."
The alchemist said with a frown.
"Well in either case he is good at what he do, as for what he is I do not know much about his kind other than that he can change into a crocodile."

(OOC: Crafts works yes, I would be ok with a Int Technology roll as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 am

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then turned back to the Hermetic. 'Alright... I got in a load of stuff in the fridge for her...' moving into the kitchen and gesturing to the counter. '-some dried stuff too. Please ignore her begging... she is gonna slim down a bit, or at least be healthier, like.' A moment's nervous hesitation before continuing 'Think I got the right stuff. Got the things normally for a rat, but scaled up the portion sizes for their size.'

Anja's Post:

'The good thing about a printer is that it can... well, print anything. As long as you have the file for it and the right filaments. Suggest you don't go and see it.' looking at Colin with a little smile.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this; pulling out her cellphone and starting to operate it one-handed. 'You might regret that when them little screws get everywhere...' deftly working the device, putting in the bid for the job lot she'd earmarked earlier.

Colin's Post:

A shrug to this, taking one last drag of her cigarette and stubbing it out in an ashtray. 'Well, let's head out. Think you'll need to help with the load...'

Colin's Post:

'Better a chair than kindling...' she quipped.

[Think a Computer roll might also be a part, if you're using CAD software (paper blueprints are basically obsolete, though I suspect some old-school artisans still use them). It's a bit more important IC as the CAD drawing directly affects the quality of items made via 3D printers.]

[I thought Helena was giving them a lift to the Port? Or perhaps did she do it and come back to the Chantry?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:30 pm

A nod to this, then turned back to the Hermetic. 'Alright... I got in a load of stuff in the fridge for her...' moving into the kitchen and gesturing to the counter. '-some dried stuff too. Please ignore her begging... she is gonna slim down a bit, or at least be healthier, like.' A moment's nervous hesitation before continuing 'Think I got the right stuff. Got the things normally for a rat, but scaled up the portion sizes for their size.'

"I believe rats mostly eat nuts and vegetables yes but not things like peanuts and peas...I googles it before coming here."
Darrian said before he checked the counter.
"Very well I will make sure she...get appropriate portion sizes."
He said and Doris stuck out her tongue at Nicole and sulked.
"Meanie!"
The big rat declared.

'The good thing about a printer is that it can... well, print anything. As long as you have the file for it and the right filaments. Suggest you don't go and see it.' looking at Colin with a little smile.

"I will see what can be done then, perhaps some of the special tools needed can be...modernized some of the drawings and specifics are centuries of years old."
He replied with a nod.

A nod to this; pulling out her cellphone and starting to operate it one-handed. 'You might regret that when them little screws get everywhere...' deftly working the device, putting in the bid for the job lot she'd earmarked earlier.

"I shall just have to brew a harmless liquid that attract little screws so we can find them again."
Darrian said with a smile then he turned more serious.
"I am honestly grateful though for how kind you are to my apprentice."
He said.
"I owe you one for spending time with her and making her feel welcome here."

(OOC: I still think Tech might be the right one even if it is done on a computer.)
(OOC 2: Colin is driving to the port.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:07 pm

Nicole wrote:'The good thing about a printer is that it can... well, print anything. As long as you have the file for it and the right filaments. Suggest you don't go and see it.' looking at Colin with a little smile.
Anja wrote:"I will see what can be done then, perhaps some of the special tools needed can be...modernized some of the drawings and specifics are centuries of years old."
He replied with a nod.
Colin arched an eyebrow, a mildly teasing tone of voice, "Why shouldn't I go and see it? 3d printing has been used for making jewelry for twenty years, it's not some abhorrent technology... for that matter, I've even got some 3d printed board game pieces I had to custom order to replace missing pieces in a couple of my games, so I'm not exactly opposed to the technology... Are you afraid I, or it, would catch fire in the other's presence?"

Anja wrote:"Yes I believe it is the same type of weakness. I often see my friend with burns on his hands and arms, burns that do not heal like all other injuries seam to do."
The alchemist said with a frown.
"Well in either case he is good at what he do, as for what he is I do not know much about his kind other than that he can change into a crocodile."
He nodded, "Well, speculating or prying will do no good. Though I might be interested in his contact information, for some collaborative work. If he is interested."

Nicole wrote:A shrug to this, taking one last drag of her cigarette and stubbing it out in an ashtray. 'Well, let's head out. Think you'll need to help with the load...'
He grabbed an item of her luggage and nodded, "I have a pair of cases of my own downstairs. Let us hustle, then, Miss Mar is waiting in the common room."

((OOC: Helena's driving us, and letting us through to the Umbra Port side, and then taking the car back, right?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Anja's Post:

'Really? Perhaps I shouldn't give you this bone then?' she replied, picking up the pork knuckle she'd bought and showing it to the spirit. She'd learned that rats love to chew stuff and thought an item normally for dogs would do for the spirit too. In a near calorie-free manner.

Anja's Post:

'Or just use a magnet.' she quipped, giving a nod to herself as she finished up on her phone. 'And I didn't do it for you, I did it for her. She's gonna get a lot of crap thrown at her later on, needs to learn quick that it is crap.'

Colin's Post:

'No, that you'd cry. After it prints you a silver necklace, that is.' returning that eyebrow.

Colin's Post:

'Eugh... thought you'd done that schlep already, like.' the Etherite complained. 'You take one of the cases and my lunchbag...' passing the latter over to Colin. The Orphan would discover said case was perhaps approaching around fifteen kilos and perhaps a little surprising, a vintage Halliburton.

After bidding Doris goodbye and shifting her bags outside, she locked up and loaded up; the other Halliburton, her tool-rucksack and the rifle case.

[Looking at M20, I suggest that the technical drawings come under the appropriate Craft etc, but the character needs Computer 2 to do it via CAD. Operating a 3D printer needs a Tech roll, possibly Hypertech (or similar) for technomancer variants.]

[Having Helena drive also allows a Horizon infodump for the two PCs.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, a mildly teasing tone of voice, "Why shouldn't I go and see it? 3d printing has been used for making jewelry for twenty years, it's not some abhorrent technology... for that matter, I've even got some 3d printed board game pieces I had to custom order to replace missing pieces in a couple of my games, so I'm not exactly opposed to the technology... Are you afraid I, or it, would catch fire in the other's presence?"

"Mr ehm...ehm...Sherman I think have set up a 3D printer in the gaming room in the basement, it is a little less advanced than what the Etherites have though."
Darrian said with a nod.
"It is an amazing technology."

He nodded, "Well, speculating or prying will do no good. Though I might be interested in his contact information, for some collaborative work. If he is interested."

"Certinly I have his business card somewhere but he also have a Etsy Store...Gold Crock it is called. He have some beautiful pieces on there, I have ordered a necklace for Cava for Christmas from his store."
The Alchemist replied.

'Really? Perhaps I shouldn't give you this bone then?' she replied, picking up the pork knuckle she'd bought and showing it to the spirit. She'd learned that rats love to chew stuff and thought an item normally for dogs would do for the spirit too. In a near calorie-free manner.

"I mean you are the bestest person ever!"
Doris said and she looked longingly at the bone.
"Gimme gimme gimme...gimme the nom nom!"
She said enthusiastically as she moved in your direction, Mundi looked longingly at the bone as well and hopefully wagged his tail."

Or just use a magnet.' she quipped, giving a nod to herself as she finished up on her phone. 'And I didn't do it for you, I did it for her. She's gonna get a lot of crap thrown at her later on, needs to learn quick that it is crap.'

"Ah...yes a magnet would also do."
The Solificato said with a smile.
"Yes well...I still appreciate it Miss Bouchard and I want you to know that. And yes I worry for Cava but she is a tough kid she can make it."

(OOC: Ok Helena it is then.)
(OOC 2: Computer then if that is what you want to use.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:46 pm

Anja wrote:"Certinly I have his business card somewhere but he also have a Etsy Store...Gold Crock it is called. He have some beautiful pieces on there, I have ordered a necklace for Cava for Christmas from his store."
The Alchemist replied.
Colin nodded, "Just leave a note for me with Anna while we're away, no rush."

Nicole wrote:'No, that you'd cry. After it prints you a silver necklace, that is.' returning that eyebrow.
He chuckled, "It will take more than that to make me cry. I might show some mild contempt for mass-produced junk, though... hum, actually, are we talking natural, mined silver, or synthesized? Because if it's the real deal, I'd be happy to exchange for some fine silver chain by the, well, chain. 66 feet to the spool should last me for some time."

Nicole wrote:'Eugh... thought you'd done that schlep already, like.' the Etherite complained. 'You take one of the cases and my lunchbag...' passing the latter over to Colin. The Orphan would discover said case was perhaps approaching around fifteen kilos and perhaps a little surprising, a vintage Halliburton.
He felt the weight of the case, "Hum, thirty-some pounds? Large lunch, then? No, I'd only brought it down to the common room on the way to the car, and headed up to look for you first."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:27 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:You got your bag and yes the group that was heading to Horizon was starting to mill towards the garage with their bags and getting into the Chief and Helena's rented car.
"I will give the car back then when we get to the airport so I don't have to pay rent when it is not used."
Helena commented as she held out her hand for your bag so she could put it in the trunk.
"That is probably wise."
Jeffry said as he got into the driver's seat of his own car.

"Here you go." Serge said giving his bag over to Helena. "I suppose I'm going in this car. How long does it usually take to get to the airport?" he asked to the general public of mages as he entered the rental car.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:58 am

Colin nodded, "Just leave a note for me with Anna while we're away, no rush."

"I will do so Mr Wainwright."
Darrian agreed.

"Here you go." Serge said giving his bag over to Helena. "I suppose I'm going in this car. How long does it usually take to get to the airport?" he asked to the general public of mages as he entered the rental car.

"Half an hour perhaps, but it depend on how much traffic there is."
Helena said as she got into the driver's seat.
"Yeah sure ride with me kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:13 am

Anja's Post:

'That? A lot less. I've heard of a printer on the West Coast which can do whole people.' she replied.

Colin's Post:

'Of course... but perhaps you can retrain to become a typewriter repairman or encyclopaedia salesman, just in case?' she replied sarcastically. 'Dunno about what silver the good printers use, but I bet it's the good stuff.'

Anja's Post:

'Sorry, didn't know you'd be here.' she said to Mundi sadly, handing over the bone to Doris. 'I'll get you something nice to make up for it.'

Anja's Post:

'Hopefully, less crap than the stuff I went through...' she mused. 'Well, thanks for dropping by. Oh, and I'll be getting a big package delivered in a few days; don't let her open it.' ending with a little smile.

Colin's Post:

'Ha ha.' she replied, starting to move down the hallway. 'Think that's the one filled with... what's it called? “mass produced junk”. Plus, the case itself weighs a bit.'

[And a way to allow the 3D printing topic to continue while still moving the scene along...]

[Thinking about it, think the Craft/Tech/Sci level should be 3 for the doing/reading of blueprints – it's the 'ordinary professional practitioner of the art' level. I'd put in the extra hurdle for the CAD because they're not really 'user-friendly' – and it's likely that Nick and Colin haven't encountered it 'professionally' yet (as they both hail from fairly conservative trades).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am

Nicole wrote:'Of course... but perhaps you can retrain to become a typewriter repairman or encyclopaedia salesman, just in case?' she replied sarcastically. 'Dunno about what silver the good printers use, but I bet it's the good stuff.'
Colin snorted, "I'm more liable to become a flight instructor. And there's quite a difference between proper hammered silver and printed silver, though I'll allow most won't notice the difference. As for the silver the printers use... it'll definitely be worth asking about; silver mined from the earth and silver generated with magic, or transmuted from other materials, have some subtly different properties, even if the molecular composition is the same... shapeshifters seem less affected by the synthetic stuff, for example, and it seems any Primium refined from the two differ in properties, as well. It's not a question of 'good' or 'bad', mind, but natural versus synthetic."

Nicole wrote:'Ha ha.' she replied, starting to move down the hallway. 'Think that's the one filled with... what's it called? “mass produced junk”. Plus, the case itself weighs a bit.'
He chuckled, "So, what is it, then? Motor parts? Circuit boards? Completed devices? I rather doubt you'd be bringing cheap jewelry for the trip. Doesn't quite seem your style..."

He kept bantering mildly heading down the stairs, and gathered up his own two cases at the common room, "Ah, Miss Mar? Seems we're about ready to head out, then... Would you be so kind as to help me out with this lunch pack and my soft suitcase, there? Still haven't got the hang of animating my luggage, I'm afraid."

((OOC: Nick, don't forget the other thread, eh?))

((OOC2: Colin's probably a total fish out of water regarding CAD, though I expect he'd be able to follow most engineering blueprints to the point of getting a general idea of the function. Assuming the symbol key was included, of course. Wink Something like soldering a circuit board for a theremin, or something like that, shouldn't be much of an issue with the schematics on paper or screen, but he'd definitely not be able to design one on his own.))

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:18 pm

'That? A lot less. I've heard of a printer on the West Coast which can do whole people.' she replied.

"Do you want men in black? For that is how you get men in black."
Darrian said with a little smile.
"It is fascinating though."

'Sorry, didn't know you'd be here.' she said to Mundi sadly, handing over the bone to Doris. 'I'll get you something nice to make up for it.'

Doris threw herself over the bone chewing at it enthusiastically. Mundi looked a bit disappointed but he wagged his tail.
"Don't worry Miss Bouchard I am sure Mundi get enough treats, though possibly not according to his own standards."
Darrian said with a chuckle and he patted his familiar fondly on the head.

Hopefully, less crap than the stuff I went through...' she mused. 'Well, thanks for dropping by. Oh, and I'll be getting a big package delivered in a few days; don't let her open it.' ending with a little smile.

"Very well I will make sure it is safe from little hands."
The alchemist said.
"I will head back to my apartment then and start Cava's lessons for the day, Doris you can come with me if you want or stay here and I will check on you in a few hours."
The Solificato said but the big rat was to busy gnawing on her bone to hear him.

(OOC: Sure that sounds reasonable enough.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:25 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Oh, I know this one; nah, 'cos you can't print actual life.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but not fair. Seeing a gift being given but not allowed one yourself.' Nicole replied, showing her rather... distinctive standards on the subject.

Anja's Post:

'I think that's your answer.' Nicole quipped. 'P'haps one of Cava's lessons could be about critters like Doris?'

Colin's Post:

The Etherite rolled her eyes at this. 'Why do I fucking bother being witty when folks don't get my digs?' ending with a shake of the head. 'And I assume you've already had silver printed items in your hands to, like compare?'

Colin's Post:

'Why the fuck would I put auto parts in my personal luggage?' she replied. 'No... that one contains the spares and shit for my arm.'

[Common Room]

Colin's Post:

'The brown bag is the lunch, not the case.' she replied, a little sourly, continuing to carry her load.

[I know about the other thread (and the other part of this one) simply I'm pressed for time. Luckily, I've got a long weekend coming up... at damn last.]

[Felt it was best to sort out the location tags again.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Anja wrote:"Half an hour perhaps, but it depend on how much traffic there is."
Helena said as she got into the driver's seat.
"Yeah sure ride with me kid."

Serge got into one of the passenger seats in the back. Once he was seating comfortably he pulled out his phone and began to idly read ebooks while everyone was preparing around him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:50 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]
Nicole wrote:'Oh, I know this one; nah, 'cos you can't print actual life.'
Colin raised an eyebrow, "That's a tall claim, you know... Define 'actual life'?"

Nicole wrote:The Etherite rolled her eyes at this. 'Why do I fucking bother being witty when folks don't get my digs?' ending with a shake of the head. 'And I assume you've already had silver printed items in your hands to, like compare?'
He chuckled, "Oh, I got it. Didn't laugh or anything, but I got it. I don't think you'd really appreciate the suggestion that your profession could be automated away, hmm? As for printed silver, I don't know - but I have held transmuted or magically created silver, and that was... not the same. Hum, let me give a practical example..."
He stepped into the kitchen and fished a small saucer out of the cupboard, making a quick gesture over it and using the circular shape as a Focus and subject, quickly turning the material into fine silver, "Like so. I don't know if you notice anything off about the metal, but it is different from mined silver, in ways it is hard to explain in scientific terms..."

((OOC: Arete roll for the Ma2 effect: 4,6,7. Should hold for a couple of minutes or so, at least?))

Nicole wrote:'Why the fuck would I put auto parts in my personal luggage?' she replied. 'No... that one contains the spares and shit for my arm.'
He smiled wryly, "Well, I happen to have some merchandise with me, and they do have cars in Concordia. Not many, perhaps, but they do exist."

[Common Room]
Nicole wrote:'The brown bag is the lunch, not the case.' she replied, a little sourly, continuing to carry her load.
He arched an eyebrow as he held out the brown bag, "Yeeeees? And I have two cases of my own."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:21 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Oh, I know this one; nah, 'cos you can't print actual life.'

"That is certinly not my meaning Miss Bouchard, we where just discussing my apprentice, a very real, living being who was created using technomagick. My meaning was simply the rumors that Men in Black are mass produced technomagick constructs."
Darrian replied with a shake of his head.

Yeah, but not fair. Seeing a gift being given but not allowed one yourself.' Nicole replied, showing her rather... distinctive standards on the subject.

"That is a fair point Miss Bouchard, perhaps I should get one of the treats I ahve for Mundi out of the freezer when we get back to my apartment."
The Solificato said and he patted his familiar on the head again.

'I think that's your answer.' Nicole quipped. 'P'haps one of Cava's lessons could be about critters like Doris?'

Darrian gave a chuckle at that.
"Yes Cava will be learning about Umbroods, it is hard for her not to living with Mundi, who is even if he now live in a physical body, a spirit, but learning more is always a good idea."
The alchemist said.
"Well then I will take up no more of your time at this moment and I will check on Doris regularly."
He said then he gave a polite nod to Nicole and to Colin.
"Thank you for your time Miss Bouchard and to both of you safe travels."
If no one had anything more to say he waved to Doris, who was still gnawing on her bone and brought Mundi with him and left.

Serge got into one of the passenger seats in the back. Once he was seating comfortably he pulled out his phone and began to idly read ebooks while everyone was preparing around him.

There was a bit of a hustle and bustle then Kyle got in next to you the kid looked rather scared and drawn.
"Hi Sir."
He said with a forced smile.
"Pretty much ready to go eh..."
The young mage looked nervously out the window.

(OOC: Yes that rote should work fine.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:38 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Easy. You can print a human heart alright; but you can't make it beat. At least, not by itself.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, we're all constructs from somewhere...' giving a shrug, clearly not really caring – which might partly explain her lack of prejudice towards the apprentice.

Anja's Post:

'Think he might agree on that.' she quipped.

Anja's Post:

'Well, think she'd like the attention, at least.' she said. 'And thanks.'

Colin's Post:

'It's not a suggestion, it's a fact.' the mechanic replied, a little sadly. 'My years of experience and knowledge in problem-ID'ing is being replaced by computers right now and the engines – and all the associated bits – that I work on will be gone by the time I'm your age.'

Colin's Post:

'Don't do that again, otherwise I'll start running out of plates for Cowra to use.' she quipped. 'But honestly, who fucking cares? If it's silver, people won't give a flying of the wheres and hows one bit. Only exceptions are you, Grandpa Simpsons and Frasier Cranes.'

Colin's Post:

'More objected to them being in, like my own luggage – I'd package them up solo, like the magazines. Oh, I need to stop at a newsstand on the way too.' draining her protein shake and rinsing the shaker under the tap. 'Ideally, a good one.'

[Think the last bit of Colin's post was directed at Helena, Great One...]

[Yay... no more work until Tues. I'll clear the other outstanding bits as/when I can.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:51 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Well, we're all constructs from somewhere...' giving a shrug, clearly not really caring – which might partly explain her lack of prejudice towards the apprentice.

"Well I would say there is a difference between a person born from natural biological processes and one manufactured by some magickal means thought aht do not mean the latter is not a person."
Darrian replied.

'Think he might agree on that.' she quipped.

"Oh I think he will be quite pleased when the snacks are in his bowl."
The Solificato said with a chuckle.

Well, think she'd like the attention, at least.' she said. 'And thanks.'

"My pleasure Miss Bouchard."
The alchemist said politely before he left.

'More objected to them being in, like my own luggage – I'd package them up solo, like the magazines. Oh, I need to stop at a newsstand on the way too.' draining her protein shake and rinsing the shaker under the tap. 'Ideally, a good one.'

Helena was waiting out in the garage for Colin and Nicole.
"I was thinking we could take my rental care before I give it back to the dealership."
She said.
"Do any of you need any help with your lugage?"

(OOC: The one about the bags, I have re read it it do nto seam to be directed at Helena? Was it directed at Helena Warp?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:31 am

[Nicole's Apartment]
Nicole wrote:'Easy. You can print a human heart alright; but you can't make it beat. At least, not by itself.'
Colin nodded, "That's an organ, not a life form... but what of simpler things? Plants, single-celled organisms... what of printing those and giving them the little spark needed to kick-start them?"

Nicole wrote:'It's not a suggestion, it's a fact.' the mechanic replied, a little sadly. 'My years of experience and knowledge in problem-ID'ing is being replaced by computers right now and the engines – and all the associated bits – that I work on will be gone by the time I'm your age.'
He nodded, "Touché... at least my profession is a little harder to automate away, owing to the creative touch involved. Not impossible, but harder. Though, chin up, even if the future of automobiles is electric, there'll still be vintage cars, classics, golden oldies with no onboard computer, vehicles that can only be fixed by a trained mechanic who can feel where the vibrations are wrong, listen to the motor sound to find out where the clog is hiding... it will be an incredibly shallow niche, but if you can secure a place in it, you'll be set for life. Perhaps even several lives. Rich old collectors will pay good money to the person able to service their museum piece..."

Nicole wrote:'Don't do that again, otherwise I'll start running out of plates for Cowra to use.' she quipped. 'But honestly, who fucking cares? If it's silver, people won't give a flying of the wheres and hows one bit. Only exceptions are you, Grandpa Simpsons and Frasier Cranes.'
He chuckled, "It will only last a few minutes. As for who cares - I believe you'll find that Coawa is less bothered by that silver than the natural stuff. I think it might be the lack of a clear connection to earth - to Gaia - though that is but an untested hypothesis. Also, quite a lot of the Traditions will consider artificially made silver inferior, it's part of why my silver wares can catch such an immense premium in Concordia."

Nicole wrote:'More objected to them being in, like my own luggage – I'd package them up solo, like the magazines. Oh, I need to stop at a newsstand on the way too.' draining her protein shake and rinsing the shaker under the tap. 'Ideally, a good one.'
He nodded, "Fair enough. There's a good newsstand at the Umbra Port, carries both sleeper and Awakened prints. Well... two good newsstands, I understand; one for us and one for the Union. They're not too keen on mixing clienteles..."

Anja wrote:Helena was waiting out in the garage for Colin and Nicole.
"I was thinking we could take my rental care before I give it back to the dealership."
She said.
"Do any of you need any help with your lugage?"
He nodded, "As I said, if you'd give me a hand with my soft suitcase and Nicole's lunch bag here, I'll get my hard case and get everything stowed."

((OOC: Yeah, Colin did ask Helena for a hand with his soft (lighter) case and Nicole's lunch bag already. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:47 am

Anja wrote:There was a bit of a hustle and bustle then Kyle got in next to you the kid looked rather scared and drawn.
"Hi Sir."
He said with a forced smile.
"Pretty much ready to go eh..."
The young mage looked nervously out the window.

"You know what I've always wanted to do Kyle!" Serge suddenly said, closing the app on his phone and stowing the device in his pocket "I've always wanted to stand on top of a moving car while playing an electric guitar. Just absolutely shredding it as the wind whips past me moving along the freeway. Wouldn't that be cool as fuck?"

The point of this was of course to distract Kyle from the upcoming events. Serge figured that Kyle was gonna suffer when they got to Horizon, regardless of what he said or did. However Kyle didn't need to suffer on there way too Horizon. And if Serge could distract him with stupid anecdotes than he was happy to do so.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next