Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:39 pm

(TimeStop Labs, Conference Hall)

'In short; time-travellers caused a riot in the Adamites out the front of the lab, and a round or something hit a dragon. I assume by accident.' she replied to the guard, frowning to her phone screen for a moment, then starting to follow the guard.

(Bold is said aloud. Italics are either a written message or thoughts, and in this case it was a text reply to Colin. In this case it's a little confusing because she was doing both at the same time.)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"Preferably not at the Villa since one of our Nodes are there, just have such meetings away from the Chantry."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
Colin nodded, "Well... I doubt his brief presence at the villa would deeply affect the Node, but as you request. I'll see what can be done about, hm, neutral ground."

Anja wrote:"Yes that is right."
Jeffry said.
"I would have liked to be there but we have to trust our Earthside team can get the widderslainte woman captured and deal with the execution of her vampire lover."
He nodded, "With Lady Crexia being personally invested in participating, from some professional pride, I suspect, I anticipate a rather ruthless and efficient victory."

Anja wrote:"Yes let us make sure at least some of us are in the audience for that trial so we are positioned to help reduce damage and risk to life."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"And see what new information we can find."
He smiled thinly, "I'll be there, with a Primium round ready against the would-be assassin... and the good Lady of Balador will be discreetly armoured against the same ammunition."

Anja wrote:The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"Yes...for now these assassins worry me...would you mind returning to Time Stop Mr Wainwright just to make sure Mr Yager and Miss Bouchard is safe, the mess you describe there would be perfect as a diversion and I wonder if the threat is really as eliminated as it would seams."
He paused, "I hadn't considered... oh, bugger, the idiot who shot at a dragon might have been waiting for an opportunity to cause chaos, a great way to cause enough confusion to slip a malefactor inside the convention hall. But there wouldn't be time for the vampire to prepare that in advance, so..."
He frowned, "...I don't think Serge would be the target for that, but I heard the Heart of Horizon will be announced today, and that is something that certainly would be a very high-profile target..."
He finished the tea and set the book back on the stack, "Very well, I'll run down again... I'll try to backtrack what the vampire there did before I spotted her, too, as well as the trigger-happy chap... bloody hell..."

Heading to the door, he quickly cast the acceleration spell again, speeding out the door and briefly wondering if the sound barrier would be an issue with this trick...

((OOC: Okay, gonna take a small break now, and let Nicole and Serge catch up, Colin should be at least half an hour ahead, depending on the distance between Chantry Horizon and Morgan's house.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

[TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria]

Anja wrote:"Well the tech is spread out among many stalls, lecture rooms and so would be impractical to steal, but if you wanted to get into the convention to cause some trouble, or you know even take someone out then this commotion would be the way to go about it."
The man who had bought himself six fingered hands replied.
"Plant someone in a angry, easy to manipulate crowd and have them react badly enough to cause a huge commotion, and a angry dragon is a huge commotion, it is what I would do if I wanted to get in somewhere to kill someone."
He said and everyone else in the room sort of gave him hairy eyeballs.

Serge slyly glanced back at the messaged Colin had sent to him and then for no particularly reason was reminded that, according to the Princess Bride, 6 fingered men were not to be trusted.

"I suppose assassinations' are a bit like a heist in a way. God imagine an Ocean's 11 style heist team trying to murder someone on Horizon. Who would even be a part of that crew? Would you still need the flexible Asian?" he said with a chuckle, feeling as if denying or shying back from such a claim would only draw a sort of unnecessary attention to it. Instead he wanted to make the idea seem laughable and absurd and most importantly, random.

"Ah well, hopefully they left the AR glasses alone."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:22 am

In short; time-travellers caused a riot in the Adamites out the front of the lab, and a round or something hit a dragon. I assume by accident.' she replied to the guard, frowning to her phone screen for a moment, then starting to follow the guard.

"I would assume so, I mean no one hit a dragon on purpose unless they are prepared to deal with the consequences...then again since we are talking conspiracy nuts who think giving hearing to a deaf kid will make us all bow down to the Union so I will not put it past them the guard said as he headed into the teleport room, nodded to the woman running it, stepped onto the pad and vanished.
"Are you going as well Scientist?"
The teleportation operator asked Nicole.

Serge slyly glanced back at the messaged Colin had sent to him and then for no particularly reason was reminded that, according to the Princess Bride, 6 fingered men were not to be trusted.

"I suppose assassinations' are a bit like a heist in a way. God imagine an Ocean's 11 style heist team trying to murder someone on Horizon. Who would even be a part of that crew? Would you still need the flexible Asian?" he said with a chuckle, feeling as if denying or shying back from such a claim would only draw a sort of unnecessary attention to it. Instead he wanted to make the idea seem laughable and absurd and most importantly, random.

"I would think an angry dragon and a riot would be enough."
The six fingered man said...and it might be just you but you thought you heard something in the room's thick walls, like scratching, maybe there was rats.

"Ah well, hopefully they left the AR glasses alone."

"I think that should be fine. I am sure the merchandise is still there when we get out of here."
The man with the fuzzy toddler said.
"Now to pass the time, we are in a cafeteria, what do everyone say to some coffee, tea or maybe some hot chocolate while we wait?"
He suggested.

[Jeffry's Town House Horizon]

Colin nodded, "Well... I doubt his brief presence at the villa would deeply affect the Node, but as you request. I'll see what can be done about, hm, neutral ground."

Jeffry nodded sternly at that.

He nodded, "With Lady Crexia being personally invested in participating, from some professional pride, I suspect, I anticipate a rather ruthless and efficient victory."

"Yes the good lady have expressed her intent to help with the arrest, so the gods willing we will have the widderslainte in custody soon and her massassa lover can be...finally ended."
The old Hermetic grumbled as he went to get more coffee.
"I still would have liked to be a part of it."

He smiled thinly, "I'll be there, with a Primium round ready against the would-be assassin... and the good Lady of Balador will be discreetly armoured against the same ammunition."

"Good, hopefully it will all work out in our favor."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

e paused, "I hadn't considered... oh, bugger, the idiot who shot at a dragon might have been waiting for an opportunity to cause chaos, a great way to cause enough confusion to slip a malefactor inside the convention hall. But there wouldn't be time for the vampire to prepare that in advance, so..."

"Our enemy is a advanced Chronomancer Mr Wainwright, having time to do anything relaly is not a issue, we have to assume there is time to do just about anything, after all for someone like this bloody Jace it would be putty in his hands."
Jeffry muttered taking a sip from his coffee.
"Damn this time travel bullshit make my head hurt, it is must simpler when I can just set the threat on fire!"

He frowned, "...I don't think Serge would be the target for that, but I heard the Heart of Horizon will be announced today, and that is something that certainly would be a very high-profile target..."
He finished the tea and set the book back on the stack, "Very well, I'll run down again... I'll try to backtrack what the vampire there did before I spotted her, too, as well as the trigger-happy chap... bloody hell..."

"Never a dull moment eh? Hopefully I am just paranoid."
Jeffry said.
"I am just sending you to be sure, as a precaution."

Heading to the door, he quickly cast the acceleration spell again, speeding out the door and briefly wondering if the sound barrier would be an issue with this trick...

As you headed out the door you saw something you recognized, Rust's staff stood leaned up against the town house wall, you had left it in Boston but there it was, jingling keys and all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:30 pm

Anja wrote:"I would think an angry dragon and a riot would be enough."
The six fingered man said...and it might be just you but you thought you heard something in the room's thick walls, like scratching, maybe there was rats.
Anja wrote:"I think that should be fine. I am sure the merchandise is still there when we get out of here."
The man with the fuzzy toddler said.
"Now to pass the time, we are in a cafeteria, what do everyone say to some coffee, tea or maybe some hot chocolate while we wait?"
He suggested.

"Yeah....hot chocolate sounds great." Serge said now looking around anxiously for the source of the scratching. "Hey, random question, does anyone else hear a sort of scratching noise? If you guys can't hear it it might be my imaginary spider friend."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:14 pm

"Yeah....hot chocolate sounds great." Serge said now looking around anxiously for the source of the scratching. "Hey, random question, does anyone else hear a sort of scratching noise? If you guys can't hear it it might be my imaginary spider friend."

The man with the toddler nodded.
"I am sure they won't mind if we use the cafeteria, one hot chocolate coming up, I could do with coffee myself."
He said as the others started calling out drink requests. A few of the others nodded and a plump woman in a Star War themed tshirt said.
"Yeah now that you mention it there was some scratching...I did not really think about it...wait imaginary spider? What?"
She asked looking cute confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:43 pm

Anja wrote:The man with the toddler nodded.
"I am sure they won't mind if we use the cafeteria, one hot chocolate coming up, I could do with coffee myself."
He said as the others started calling out drink requests. A few of the others nodded and a plump woman in a Star War themed tshirt said.
"Yeah now that you mention it there was some scratching...I did not really think about it...wait imaginary spider? What?"
She asked looking cute confused.

"Yeah, his name's Rodrigo. He's a spider spirit made out of my imagination. I had him explore the convention before we were all corralled here. He's probably just blissfully scuttling around." Serge said with a smile, though inside he was beginning to be a little more worried. Other people being able to hear the scratching meant that whatever it was was real.

After a bit of time he decided that vigilance was a little more important. He trusted that Mr. Wainwright dealt with whatever dangers had appeared but it never hurt to be sure.

He took a deep breath in and opened his mind's eye, imagining for himself what was between the walls to see what the scratching sound was.

(OOC: Mind 1, Corr 1 effect to extend Serge's senses to between the walls. Mind 1 is added to allow Serge to multitask [scrying while also conversing with everyone around him].

Arete Roll: 8, 3, 1, 6 - 4, 10, 6, 1 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:53 am

"Yeah, his name's Rodrigo. He's a spider spirit made out of my imagination. I had him explore the convention before we were all corralled here. He's probably just blissfully scuttling around." Serge said with a smile, though inside he was beginning to be a little more worried. Other people being able to hear the scratching meant that whatever it was was real.

"I see, well I guess I have heard stranger things."
The plump Star Wars fan replied though she looked a bit confused.

After a bit of time he decided that vigilance was a little more important. He trusted that Mr. Wainwright dealt with whatever dangers had appeared but it never hurt to be sure.

He took a deep breath in and opened his mind's eye, imagining for himself what was between the walls to see what the scratching sound was.

There was two minds in the walls, in the ventilation shafts, you could not read their minds with Corr 1 but they felt hostile and they where crawling in direction of the kitchen where there might be larger ventilation grids they could get out of, that was a guess off course but there was allot of stories where such grids was used. They moved carefully only making a scraping sound now and again which was hard to notice in a room full of talking people.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:42 am

[TimeStop Labs, Conference Hall]

Anja's Post:

'Unless our time-travellers wanted a riot to break out.' Nicole replied, following the guard to the teleport room. 'As a distraction, it's one of the best.'

Anja's Post:

A silent nod to this, stepping onto the portal.

[Is it a different guard from before or not?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:22 pm

'Unless our time-travellers wanted a riot to break out.' Nicole replied, following the guard to the teleport room. 'As a distraction, it's one of the best.'

"Yeah I worry about that to. It would make sense, to get in here make enough noise and...well let us just check on the situation outside and then do a sweep of the building just in case Scientist.

A silent nod to this, stepping onto the portal.

You arrived in the electronics store, the clerk popped his head in the back.
"Things are careful outside!"
He said with a frown.
"It seam to have calmed down but be careful."

(OOC: It is they chief of the guards you talked with earlier yes. I believe it was Jonas he was called I will check my notes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:22 pm

Anja wrote:There was two minds in the walls, in the ventilation shafts, you could not read their minds with Corr 1 but they felt hostile and they where crawling in direction of the kitchen where there might be larger ventilation grids they could get out of, that was a guess off course but there was allot of stories where such grids was used. They moved carefully only making a scraping sound now and again which was hard to notice in a room full of talking people.

"Well that's not good." Serge worriedly thought as he pulled out his sketchpad and began to draw something within it.

At the same time he quickly went over to the Security Officer standing guard over their group, intent on telling them what he had sensed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:09 pm

"Well that's not good." Serge worriedly thought as he pulled out his sketchpad and began to draw something within it.

At the same time he quickly went over to the Security Officer standing guard over their group, intent on telling them what he had sensed.

You got to the security officer as you started smelling coffee and chocolate from the kitchen, the woman turned to regard Serge.
"Can I help you Sir?"
She asked in a friendly professional tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm

Anja wrote:You got to the security officer as you started smelling coffee and chocolate from the kitchen, the woman turned to regard Serge.
"Can I help you Sir?"
She asked in a friendly professional tone of voice.

"There are two hostile beings within the ventilation shafts of the walls trying to get into the kitchen. Likely to get out and do hostile things." Serge said quickly but discreetly to ensure only the Security Officer could hear him, "At least that's what it feels like to me. So unless TimeStop employs aggressive vent cleaning gremlins, this kitchen is probably not the safest place anymore."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:38 am

"There are two hostile beings within the ventilation shafts of the walls trying to get into the kitchen. Likely to get out and do hostile things." Serge said quickly but discreetly to ensure only the Security Officer could hear him, "At least that's what it feels like to me. So unless TimeStop employs aggressive vent cleaning gremlins, this kitchen is probably not the safest place anymore."

The security guard frowned and gestured for Serge to come with her.
"Come with me kid, point out where you feel this presence."
She said as she hurried to the kitchen where pots of coffee, tea and hot chocolate was being put on a rolling tray along with cups. The mages preparing refreshments looked a bit confused as the security guard rushed into the kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:03 am

Anja wrote:"Yes the good lady have expressed her intent to help with the arrest, so the gods willing we will have the widderslainte in custody soon and her massassa lover can be...finally ended."
The old Hermetic grumbled as he went to get more coffee.
"I still would have liked to be a part of it."
Colin smiled wryly, "I would have found some personal satisfaction in... putting an end to the torturesses in person. But we can trust our friends and allies to have things handled."

Anja wrote:"Our enemy is a advanced Chronomancer Mr Wainwright, having time to do anything relaly is not a issue, we have to assume there is time to do just about anything, after all for someone like this bloody Jace it would be putty in his hands."
Jeffry muttered taking a sip from his coffee.
"Damn this time travel bullshit make my head hurt, it is must simpler when I can just set the threat on fire!"
He shook his head, "This isn't time travel... or at least, not that time travel. The rioter, any intruders... they would already have been there, and Jace knew they were, so he seized the opportunity to help them with a distraction... it's bloody obvious in hindsight, and and subtler than brute-forcing agents back through time."

Anja wrote:"Never a dull moment eh? Hopefully I am just paranoid."
Jeffry said.
"I am just sending you to be sure, as a precaution."
He nodded, "There's no such thing as 'just' paranoid... Not in this line of work."

Anja wrote:As you headed out the door you saw something you recognized, Rust's staff stood leaned up against the town house wall, you had left it in Boston but there it was, jingling keys and all.
He arched an eyebrow, grabbing the staff as he set off, "Well, that certainly settles it, there's trouble afoot... I'll have to thank me later."

((OOC: Aaaand back to take a break to let Nicole and Serge catch up a bit more, time-wise. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:33 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I would have found some personal satisfaction in... putting an end to the torturesses in person. But we can trust our friends and allies to have things handled."

"That we can but yes I wish I was there to make sure there was no problems, not for the execution, they have that well in hand but for the capture."
Jeffry said with a frown.

He shook his head, "This isn't time travel... or at least, not that time travel. The rioter, any intruders... they would already have been there, and Jace knew they were, so he seized the opportunity to help them with a distraction... it's bloody obvious in hindsight, and and subtler than brute-forcing agents back through time."

"If you say so, in either case we need to make sure that Mr Yager and anyone else at Time Stop is not in danger."
The old Hermetic declared.

He nodded, "There's no such thing as 'just' paranoid... Not in this line of work."

"True, as Steelhaven's Chief of Security it is in my job description to be paranoid."
The Flambeau said with a nod.

He arched an eyebrow, grabbing the staff as he set off, "Well, that certainly settles it, there's trouble afoot... I'll have to thank me later."

You ran back to Time Stop with some speed, you saw that things had calmed down outside. The two dragons sat some distance from the building, still looking indignant, the male was licking his mate's wound and roared at anyone who got to close but he was otherwise not aggressive. Some Security Council members as well as security from the cybernetics conference was trying to restore order and get statements from the protesters, most had fled but a few remained looking to be in shock. There was surprisingly few serious injuries though, the dragon had aimed for the one who hurt his mate and only blown his fire around to show is rage, not trying to hurt anyone else.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:20 pm

Anja's Post:

'At least the protests outside mean you had the building itself locked up tight...' she replied, with the bit '...you did have it locked up tight, didn't you?' hanging in the silence.

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Anja's Post:

Silently, she followed the security officer out into the afternoon.

[I mainly wished to know because it doesn't make sense to give an update to someone she's not met before...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:45 pm

At least the protests outside mean you had the building itself locked up tight...' she replied, with the bit '...you did have it locked up tight, didn't you?' hanging in the silence.

"Shit!"
The guard said with a frown.
"Yes we have it locked up right now but it was open to the public up until the riot happened outside, I can not guarantee someone did not get in before it was locked up."
As if on cue the man's radio sounded.
"Yeah Josie...damn...find out what you can."
He said then turned back to Nicole.
"Your friend, the little guy with the big ideas say he hear scratching in the ventilation shafts, one of my folk are on it."

Silently, she followed the security officer out into the afternoon.

The crowd had dispersed as two different security groups tried to get a grip on the situation, two dragons sat of to the side looking unhappy. There was burn marks on buildings but not many where injured, the few who was hurt was getting help and they seamed to have either superficial burns or they had been pushed to the ground during the riot. You saw Colin come running at inhuman speed.

(OOC: Sometimes there is misunderstandings, it happens, is all good now?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm

Anja wrote:The security guard frowned and gestured for Serge to come with her.
"Come with me kid, point out where you feel this presence."
She said as she hurried to the kitchen where pots of coffee, tea and hot chocolate was being put on a rolling tray along with cups. The mages preparing refreshments looked a bit confused as the security guard rushed into the kitchen.

"There in the Walls and not exactly hiding themselves. Listen carefully you can hear the scratching sounds." Serge said, expanding his mind again and pointing out to where the presences were now located.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:10 pm

Anja's Post:

A obvious sigh at this; she expected better from him - mainly on the basis that she would have done that, and surely he was more competent than her... right? But didn't say anything to this; felt nothing good would be gained.

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Anja's Post:

Still with weapon in hand, Nicole squinted at the form of Colin, trying to work out what he was doing and/or where they were going.

[Technically, Serge is in the lab's kitchens, not the conference hall...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:40 pm

Anja wrote:You ran back to Time Stop with some speed, you saw that things had calmed down outside. The two dragons sat some distance from the building, still looking indignant, the male was licking his mate's wound and roared at anyone who got to close but he was otherwise not aggressive. Some Security Council members as well as security from the cybernetics conference was trying to restore order and get statements from the protesters, most had fled but a few remained looking to be in shock. There was surprisingly few serious injuries though, the dragon had aimed for the one who hurt his mate and only blown his fire around to show is rage, not trying to hurt anyone else.
Anja wrote:The crowd had dispersed as two different security groups tried to get a grip on the situation, two dragons sat of to the side looking unhappy. There was burn marks on buildings but not many where injured, the few who was hurt was getting help and they seamed to have either superficial burns or they had been pushed to the ground during the riot. You saw Colin come running at inhuman speed.
Nicole wrote:Still with weapon in hand, Nicole squinted at the form of Colin, trying to work out what he was doing and/or where they were going.
Colin came running up to Nicole, almost skidding to a halt, bleeding off excess speed like the finest movie special effects, "NickthankgoodnesswheresSergetherewasavampire who tried to get in, and someone used the opportunity to create a small riot. It didn't occur to me that that could be a cover for someone other than the vampire trespassers at the time... Bit complicated, but someone might have used the chaos to sneak inside while the guards were distracted."
Looking back along the street, he paused, leaning on the branching brass staff, "Wait, bloody hell, I think I arrived before I left the house? Better not call back yet... Sorry, temporal fuckery going on, I'm still piecing the last bits together, myself. Right, Serge, need to make sure he's unharmed!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:46 pm

(TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria)

There in the Walls and not exactly hiding themselves. Listen carefully you can hear the scratching sounds." Serge said, expanding his mind again and pointing out to where the presences were now located.

The security guard listened, then she nodded when she heard the noises as well.
"Yes indeed..."
She begun, then she looked alarmed and jumped at Serge dragging him to the floor just as the wall exploded outward, the ones making hot drinks was to far away to be hut though their posts and cans was tipped over, the guard dragged Serge behind her and got to her feet as a burst of flame flew from the broken wall, though the guard pressed a button on her belt and a shimmering shield protected her and the Cultist, at least for now.

A obvious sigh at this; she expected better from him - mainly on the basis that she would have done that, and surely he was more competent than her... right? But didn't say anything to this; felt nothing good would be gained.

"Dammit I got complacent, ok let us check the situation outside and then double back inside, just to be sure."
Jonas grumbled clearly irritated at his own failure.

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Still with weapon in hand, Nicole squinted at the form of Colin, trying to work out what he was doing and/or where they were going.

Wherever you where going Colin was going there at an impressive speed.

Colin came running up to Nicole, almost skidding to a halt, bleeding off excess speed like the finest movie special effects, "NickthankgoodnesswheresSergetherewasavampire who tried to get in, and someone used the opportunity to create a small riot. It didn't occur to me that that could be a cover for someone other than the vampire trespassers at the time... Bit complicated, but someone might have used the chaos to sneak inside while the guards were distracted."
Looking back along the street, he paused, leaning on the branching brass staff, "Wait, bloody hell, I think I arrived before I left the house? Better not call back yet... Sorry, temporal fuckery going on, I'm still piecing the last bits together, myself. Right, Serge, need to make sure he's unharmed!"

"Shit...we have to head back inside."
A tall, slightly plump man next to Nicole said.
"Just in case someone got in."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:47 pm

(TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria)

Anja wrote:The security guard listened, then she nodded when she heard the noises as well.
"Yes indeed..."
She begun, then she looked alarmed and jumped at Serge dragging him to the floor just as the wall exploded outward, the ones making hot drinks was to far away to be hut though their posts and cans was tipped over, the guard dragged Serge behind her and got to her feet as a burst of flame flew from the broken wall, though the guard pressed a button on her belt and a shimmering shield protected her and the Cultist, at least for now.

"Argh Again!" Serge said as he was dragged to the floor for the second time. Though he was still grateful as the wall exploded and he was shielded by the flames that came soo after.

"Thanks for the save. Man I had a cool idea to try and trap them in an endless maze. And then they just go ahead break the damn walls." he grumbled as scrunched up the page he was drawing on. "If you want I can teleport away from here so you don't have to focus on protecting me. Maybe even bring some help."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

A short silence as she aborbed this. 'It occured to me.' she replied simply. 'Chances of a site-to-site transport?' looking to the security officer; clearly suggesting the teleportation of Serge so a third location, and thus safety.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 pm

[Concordia, Matter Ward]
Anja wrote:"Shit...we have to head back inside."
A tall, slightly plump man next to Nicole said.
"Just in case someone got in."
Nicole wrote:A short silence as she aborbed this. 'It occured to me.' she replied simply. 'Chances of a site-to-site transport?' looking to the security officer; clearly suggesting the teleportation of Serge so a third location, and thus safety.
Colin nodded to Nicole, "Good thing you've got great instincts - I was preoccupied with the other vampire who was trying to get to the Seat of Time at the same time as the one coming for Serge... Well, she's safe for now, though it was a close enough call, let's make sure that everyone in here are safe, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next