Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:19 pm

"Ah, I see. Why are they after linear wizards and not awakened mages, unless they'd prefer to send them through the cauls and increase their number, or kill us and get us out of the way," he said with a grim expression.

"The Nephandi will recruit anyone, including sleepers, however I suspect here they are after an Awakened mage and what the Marauder meant was that the Nephandi wanted Tobias since by her way of thinking, set in a mindset of the Order before we joined the Traditions, he is a Hedge Wizard. Remember Adley even today very rarely call our own linear magi for Hedge Wizard, we call them first and second degrees, since it is still a part of our elders way of thinking that a Hedge Wizard in a non Order of Hermes mage and not a linear mage."
Your mentor say and smiles.
"When the Traditions formed however both the Order of Hermes and several of the other Traditions had gotten a grasp of th difference between true magick and linear magick, so we begun calling linear mages for Hedge Wizards, and those who had no Tradition and no mentor for Orphans, however a Marauder who think the date is around year 1000 would refer to someone like Tobias as a Hedge Wizard."

"They're called Clans? Very well...Brujah I do not know of them, but it is a start. Hm, that explains why he is a philosophy professor. What kind of social change?"

"Well he want a more just society. You see among vampires the elders really get to do whatever they want and they generally can treat the younger ones as they please, they have a sort of old feudal system, Dennis want to change that, he do not mind that the old lead, they have experience but that do not mean they should get to step on the young. In mortal society he want more fairness. Look at the court system, if you are rich then chances are you will get away with allot others will not, for example there are many who spend decades in jail for possessing a bit of pot, while the President have admitted to smoking it and many of the rich and famous have been caught having drugs on them and they very seldom spend a day behind bars, this is not right, it is not fair and that is what Dennis want to change or at least work towards changing."

"It is true that a lone mage like yourself might find yourself killed by some other mages or supernaturals and even regular sleepers if one should reveal themselves to them and they react badly. If you recall what Colin said in the car, there are factions among us and within those, more divisions still. In general though there are the Mauraders, which you just saw, they are mages that have gone mad and are a potential threat to everyone.

"An insane mage now that is scary, is there more like that woman that threw the ground at us? I mean I know what I can do and I have not been at this for very long, someone more powerful going nuts, that is like a natural disaster on two legs, I hope that is not common."
Tobias asked in a concerned tone of voice then he added.
"Is insanity common among our kind, I have once felt very odd, or a whole weekend time made no sense, I lost time, suddenly a few seconds stretched out and felt like hours, that kind of thing, it was really scary but it passed in a few days, was that a form of insanity?
Tobias then looked puzzled.
"What are a sleeper?"

There are Nephandi, who are...like the one that attacked and staked Dennis to find you. They are called the Fallen, having given, sold or been coerced into allowing their powers to come into the influence of...darkness. I will explain more of them later.

"Nephandi...the maliciously naughty, that is what the word means is it not?"
Tobias asked and grinned a bit.
"Living with Dennis means picking up a bit of languages, anyway they do not sound particularly friendly."

Then there is the Technocracy, a union of mages that are bent on control and eradicating all those that use magick and not 'enlightened science,' in other words, they are technomancers that use science and technology and wish to stamp out all other ways of working, such as mysticism.

"Sounds like hunters."
The young mage muttered and shuddered.
"What is technomagick...is that what that man, Narim did to his dinner? Put it on his phone? How is that sot of thing even possible?"
Tobias asked with wonder in his voice.

Then there are the Traditions, of which there are currently nine major groupings. Then there are what we call Orphans, which are magii that awaken spontaneously through events that trigger them, without any influence or specific teachings from others, such as yourself. I and my pater are part of the Order of Hermes, which again is broken into many Houses within itself, for we existed before the Traditions were founded. Master Narim is a Virtual Adept, one of the newer Traditions, and he is a technomancer but his group are no longer part of the Technocracy.

"So...you are a part of the Traditions? The parting into groups like that is very similar to the Clans of Dennis' society, extremely similar actually, and did not that man...Master Narim? Say he had two vampire allies? Members of a group that gathered information? That would be the Nosferatu then another Clan, so far this society of yours seam almost like a friendlier version of the one I am already used to."
Tobias said and gave a little smile.

"So....all that being said, the reason that we try to spare those that are awakened and not hostile is that magii are rare. It is not like being made a vampire, one cannot generally make someone awaken but lead them to the path and help them and see if awakening manifests. It does not always

"So ehm...making a mage is more complicated then making a vampire. I mean if Dennis wanted to, not that he would do that off course, but he could probably make twenty new vampires in an hour, off course they would then need training and guedence but the process itself is simple from what he have told me, painful yes for the newly embraced one, but simple."
Tobias suddenly shuddered then he sigh.
"It is odd, whenever I think about the process vampires procreate I feel...fear, this primal fear, I do not understand it. Now granted I do not want to become one, but I do not think it is a horrible thing what Dennis is, but always when I think about it, or I wonder what would happen if I where dying and he had no other choice, something inside of me scream and I do not understand why."
The young mage muttered puzzled.

and sometimes people will learn what we call linear magick but not True magick, and we call them hedge wizards or linear mages. The difference between them you spoke of when you talked about your awakening, that rush and ability to manifest fire. When you awaken, your avatar...those voices within you, becomes an active part of your path."

"Wait...we are Awakened you say then sleepers that you mentioned must be regular humans right?"
The young mage reasoned.
"Hum...Avatar you say...that is what the voices are called, is she what gives me my abilities then? Or is it more like a New Age spirit guide thing?"

"You don't have a phone..." Adds it mentally to a list. "It was a good object lesson if nothing else," he said wryly at the comment about the danger."

"I hope not all my lessons will involve such close encounters with the pavement Sir."
Tobias said with a little grin.
"No I do not have a phone, odd I know but Dennis can be paranoid at times, I had one before I...what did you call it...Awakened...it sort of got fried a few days later when I accidentally set it on fire. Dennis did not want me to get another but that I rather use the landline phone in his apartment if I needed to make a call."
Tobias said scratching his unruly red hair.

"I have an idea for them, for now just keep them and give them to me." Then he went out and called Master Telar.

"Very well Sir, I will do that then."
Tobias said before he closed his door.

Cita picks up her phone and in a friendly tone of voice she say.
"Adley, if I have not put the wrong name on this number, what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 17 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Remember Adley even today very rarely call our own linear magi for Hedge Wizard, we call them first and second degrees, since it is still a part of our elders way of thinking that a Hedge Wizard in a non Order of Hermes mage and not a linear mage."
Your mentor say and smiles.

"True."

"Well he want a more just society...this is not right, it is not fair and that is what Dennis want to change or at least work towards changing."

Adley nodded, looking thoughtful as he listened to him.

"Is insanity common among our kind, I have once felt very odd, or a whole weekend time made no sense, I lost time, suddenly a few seconds stretched out and felt like hours, that kind of thing, it was really scary but it passed in a few days, was that a form of insanity

"Unfortunately there are more, yes. The Mad ones have entered a permanent state of Twilight, or Quiet as it is also known, that warps everything around them. This can happen if we use too much vulgar magick, or accumulate enough resonance over time. What you experienced is a lesser, temporary form. Paradox does not touch a Maurauder, but those around them such as us. Paradox is the ultimate reckoner, if you will, a collective force of reality that stands opposed to our Will. When you do magick that is is very noticeable, that normal people cannot accept and worse when it is directly seen by regular sleepers, or when our magick fails in the worst way, we can accumulate paradox. Eventually, the paradox will build up and something will happen to discharge it. This is backlash. The effect varies... Quiet, or something going wrong with our magick, permanent changes to our patterns including wounds, and even spirits can manifest depending on how much paradox the mage has and what kind of magick was done." He frowned, remembering the spirit that had turned Narim's room inside out and tried to do the same to their minds.

"Nephandi...the maliciously naughty, that is what the word means is it not?" Tobias asked and grinned a bit. "Living with Dennis means picking up a bit of languages, anyway they do not sound particularly friendly."

He looked askance at him and asked him in Greek, "Did you know what I was saying earlier to Dennis?" Then, returning to English he said in a severe tone, "That is a dramatic understatement. The Nephandi want to destroy the universe."

"Sounds like hunters." The young mage muttered and shuddered. "What is technomagick...is that what that man, Narim did to his dinner? Put it on his phone? How is that sot of thing even possible?" Tobias asked with wonder in his voice

"Worse than hunters, Technocrats are mages whether they like to think so or not. Technomagick is magick that uses technology and science, so yes...as for how it is possible, he believes everything is data. And I do not...so I cannot tell you how he does it, just that he can and does. Later, we should talk about how you think you can shoot flames out of your fingertips and throw a fireball."

"So...you are a part of the Traditions? The parting into groups like that is very similar to the Clans of Dennis' society, extremely similar actually, and did not that man...Master Narim? Say he had two vampire allies? Members of a group that gathered information? That would be the Nosferatu then another Clan, so far this society of yours seam almost like a friendlier version of the one I am already used to.

"Yes, this is a Tradition Chantry that also welcomes ally Orphans. Do not be fooled not all of us are so friendly, as I said if you had ended up being given to the Technocracy you could have been brainwashed or killed. They call us 'deviants'."

"So ehm...making a mage is more complicated then making a vampire. I mean if Dennis wanted to, not that he would do that off course, but he could probably make twenty new vampires in an hour, off course they would then need training and guedence but the process itself is simple from what he have told me, painful yes for the newly embraced one, but simple.

"It is not just more complicated but relies on the person's ability to make that leap to awakening. We may facilitate such but I cannot go and take any sleeper and expect to be able to make them a magus. Some people have more potential than others."

"It is odd, whenever I think about the process vampires procreate I feel...fear, this primal fear, I do not understand it. Now granted I do not want to become one, but I do not think it is a horrible thing what Dennis is, but always when I think about it, or I wonder what would happen if I where dying and he had no other choice, something inside of me scream and I do not understand why."

"That is not odd, that is self-preservation. Being made into a vampire destroys a mage's avatar. This is not something to speak of to vampires, not even to Mr Lenoe." He looked at him quite seriously to see if he was going to have to make a further point of it but his Voice brokered no argument on the matter. "The avatar is able to transcend the death of the body, of the magus and go to the next life until it meets the ultimate goal of ascension. They will reincarnate into another person until that goal is acheived. Avatars that are powerful enough to awaken are rare enough and to destroy them by vampirism is a terrible fate indeed."

"Wait...we are Awakened you say then sleepers that you mentioned must be regular humans right?" The young mage reasoned.

"Yes."

"Hum...Avatar you say...that is what the voices are called, is she what gives me my abilities then? Or is it more like a New Age spirit guide thing?
"Perhaps it is more a bit of both," though he seemed amused and shook his head at the idea of his avatar being a 'New Age spirit anything.' "There are many thoughts on what avatars are and how they function and this varies by Tradition and personal experiences. I would say...in the most basic terms...that the spark of the avatar confers the ability to seek the path and grant understanding...to be empowered and able to use your Will to manipulate the world."

"No I do not have a phone, odd I know but Dennis can be paranoid at times, I had one before I...what did you call it...Awakened...it sort of got fried a few days later when I accidentally set it on fire. Dennis did not want me to get another but that I rather use the landline phone in his apartment if I needed to make a call."

"I am not so sure it was paranoia but caution. You set your phone on fire?" He blinked. "You need to work on your control. Unless it was paradox...anyway, there should not be too many people you will need to call for now anyway. Are you still in contact with your parents? Family. Friends?"

Cita picks up her phone and in a friendly tone of voice she say. "Adley, if I have not put the wrong name on this number, what can I do for you?"

"Yes, it is I. We spoke earlier about the assistance I might need for the young magus with the addiction issue. He is here now and my pater wishes for you to come and examine him as soon as you are able to do so."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:42 pm

"Unfortunately there are more, yes. The Mad ones have entered a permanent state of Twilight, or Quiet as it is also known, that warps everything around them. This can happen if we use too much vulgar magick, or accumulate enough resonance over time. What you experienced is a lesser, temporary form. Paradox does not touch a Maurauder, but those around them such as us. Paradox is the ultimate reckoner, if you will, a collective force of reality that stands opposed to our Will. When you do magick that is is very noticeable, that normal people cannot accept and worse when it is directly seen by regular sleepers, or when our magick fails in the worst way, we can accumulate paradox.

Tobias nodded as he listened.
"That makes sense, I mean I learned through trial and error...allot of error, that when I did things more subtle then I did not as often feel ill or experience strange things. But you mean all of us can become like that woman attacking us? T...that is terrifying."
The young mage said, for a while he was silent then he said in a soft voice.
"I...I think I suddenly understand Dennis fear of loosing himself to the Beast and becoming a monster a little better."
The young mage said he seamed rather uneasy at that thought.

Eventually, the paradox will build up and something will happen to discharge it. This is backlash. The effect varies... Quiet, or something going wrong with our magick, permanent changes to our patterns including wounds, and even spirits can manifest depending on how much paradox the mage has and what kind of magick was done." He frowned, remembering the spirit that had turned Narim's room inside out and tried to do the same to their minds.

Tobias nodded, this concept seamed to frighten him a bit, and well it should, mages afraid of Paradox tended to last longer.
"I will need to be even more careful in the future then."
The young mage aid gravely.
"What about...what did you call it Sir? Resonance? What is that?"

He looked askance at him and asked him in Greek, "Did you know what I was saying earlier to Dennis?" Then, returning to English he said in a severe tone, "That is a dramatic understatement. The Nephandi want to destroy the universe."

"I got the basic understanding..."
Tobias muttered in broken Greek, the pronunciation was wrong but at least he understood, shifting back to English he explained.
"I like to read and when a book is in another language I get a dictionary and work my way through, I lean a little that way, but I am far from fluent."
The young mage said then his eyes widened when Adley said the Nephandi wanted to destroy the universe.
"Why would they want to do that? They sound like bad marvel super villains. If they destroy the universe they to would die would they not?"

"Worse than hunters, Technocrats are mages whether they like to think so or not. Technomagick is magick that uses technology and science, so yes...as for how it is possible, he believes everything is data. And I do not...so I cannot tell you how he does it, just that he can and does. Later, we should talk about how you think you can shoot flames out of your fingertips and throw a fireball."

"I guess they can be dangerous yes."
Tobias muttered.
"Well it was kind of awesome what he did now matter how he did it, do you think he can make it back into a plate of mac and cheese that he can actually eat as well."
The young mage said and grinned then he looked down again.
"I am not really sure myself I have found a method to do it consciously, at first it just happened, now I sort of visualize heat in the core of my body and then push it out of my hands sort of..."
The boy muttered.
"It is a little bit how Dennis tried to teach me what he can do, just I do not need blood to fuel it, and I can just make up things to do on the fly, visualize energy inside of me and then use that energy...sort of..."
Tobias said in an uncertain tone of voice.

"Yes, this is a Tradition Chantry that also welcomes ally Orphans. Do not be fooled not all of us are so friendly, as I said if you had ended up being given to the Technocracy you could have been brainwashed or killed. They call us 'deviants'."

"I do not think I like this Technocracy, I have never met one and already I do not like them."
Tobias muttered and glanced at Adley.

"It is not just more complicated but relies on the person's ability to make that leap to awakening. We may facilitate such but I cannot go and take any sleeper and expect to be able to make them a magus. Some people have more potential than others."

"I understand I think, so it is more about discovering a gift in someone then turning someone into a mage?"
The young man asked.

"That is not odd, that is self-preservation. Being made into a vampire destroys a mage's avatar. This is not something to speak of to vampires, not even to Mr Lenoe." He looked at him quite seriously to see if he was going to have to make a further point of it but his Voice brokered no argument on the matter.

"I do not like to keep something from Dennis but he did tell me to cooperate with you and your allies so I will obey, but I just do not like it."
The boy aid and looked down sadly then he sigh and seamed like if he considered whatever or not he should mention something, hesitantly he begun to speak.
"You are aware that I am blood bound though are you not? Dennis have never forced my will, but he can if he want to...if he asked me to I do not think there is anything I could refuse him...whatever that be information or jumping off a cliff, it is a crude way to say it but I am his slave for all intents and purposes, all freedoms I have...are the ones he allow me, and I am painfully aware of this...I...I just thought I should tell you that, in the interest of honesty."
Tobias said before he looked shamefully down, he did not like to have his will surrendered to that of another.

"The avatar is able to transcend the death of the body, of the magus and go to the next life until it meets the ultimate goal of ascension. They will reincarnate into another person until that goal is acheived. Avatars that are powerful enough to awaken are rare enough and to destroy them by vampirism is a terrible fate indeed."

"I...have been afraid the voices will die...that she will die, I do not know why, she have been with me for so short a time, but I think I would be devastated if I lost her, as if she have become a so important part of me that I can not live without her..."
Tobias muttered and there was a bit of worry in his eyes.
"Is that why I ache, why I at times double over in pain that nothing seam to be able to ease...why she is growing weaker? Dennis' blood in my veins?"
Th young mage muttered then he asked a bit nervously.
"Can she be saved?"

"Perhaps it is more a bit of both," though he seemed amused and shook his head at the idea of his avatar being a 'New Age spirit anything.' "There are many thoughts on what avatars are and how they function and this varies by Tradition and personal experiences. I would say...in the most basic terms...that the spark of the avatar confers the ability to seek the path and grant understanding...to be empowered and able to use your Will to manipulate the world."

Tobias nodded as he considered Adley's words.
"So they are our magic organ?"
He asked and grinned a little.
"You know allot of fantasy books and movies have that, some sort of spiritual thingamajig that are a mage's magick organ, like ehm...Midi-chlorians from Star Wars, is it like that? Also is she self conscious? I mean she talks, she is even sarcastic at times and she do not always agree with me, and I feel that the voices are a she, that almost seam self conscious to me."
The young mage asked and looked puzzled.

"I am not so sure it was paranoia but caution. You set your phone on fire?" He blinked. "You need to work on your control. Unless it was paradox...anyway, there should not be too many people you will need to call for now anyway. Are you still in contact with your parents? Family. Friends?"

"I did put my phone on fire yes...and the living room table, and the TV remote...I sort of drove poor Dennis up the walls in the start, literary, vampires do not deal well with fire."
Tobias said and sounded rather guilty about it.
"I have more control now, the flames...usually...do what I want them to."
The young mage said then he nodded.
"I do talk with my parents every now and again but we have never been close, it is the card on birthdays and visit home for Christmas and Thanksgiving sort of deal. I do not have any siblings, I have a couple of friends though that I talk with regularly, but since they can not take part of my life as it is now we have sort of drifted apart, most of my friends now are other ghouls and young vampires but you can never let your guard down there."
Tobias said and shrugged.

"Yes, it is I. We spoke earlier about the assistance I might need for the young magus with the addiction issue. He is here now and my pater wishes for you to come and examine him as soon as you are able to do so."

"Ah yes you got him to the Chantry safely?"
Cita asks then she continues.
"It is wise to assess the damage to his Avatar as soon as possible, what will be more practical, for me to come to his or your room or for you to come to mine? I only need my laptop so either is fine with me and I have nothing else planned for the evening though, or at least not before your mentor is done with his duties for today."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 pm

"That makes sense, I mean I learned through trial and error...allot of error, that when I did things more subtle then I did not as often feel ill or experience strange things. But you mean all of us can become like that woman attacking us? T...that is terrifying."

"Yes," he agreed, frowning.

"I will need to be even more careful in the future then." The young mage aid gravely. "What about...what did you call it Sir? Resonance? What is that?"

"Every working has an associated energy, a force that marks it and the working as yours and of a particular nature depending what you do with it. That can be explained in more depth later."

"I got the basic understanding..." Tobias muttered in broken Greek, the pronunciation was wrong but at least he understood, shifting back to English he explained. "I like to read and when a book is in another language I get a dictionary and work my way through, I lean a little that way, but I am far from fluent."

He gave him a look. "Your Greek needs work...What other languages are you familiar with?"

"Why would they want to do that? They sound like bad marvel super villains. If they destroy the universe they to would die would they not?"

"They are agents of chaos, an army of oblivion...their goals are temptation and destruction, some who have made dangerous pacts with entities such as spirits and demons. Their avatars are tainted by their corruption and spread it through their works of undoing."

"Well it was kind of awesome what he did now matter how he did it, do you think he can make it back into a plate of mac and cheese that he can actually eat as well."

"I am sure he can."

"It is a little bit how Dennis tried to teach me what he can do, just I do not need blood to fuel it, and I can just make up things to do on the fly, visualize energy inside of me and then use that energy...sort of..."

"Hm...." He looked at him and then said, "I believe you are working with something we know as Prime, the fire behind fire and Forces of course. But we will see about your ars later. First thing first is to help you onto the path of recovery."

"I do not think I like this Technocracy, I have never met one and already I do not like them." Tobias muttered and glanced at Adley.

"I hope you do not meet one..."

"I understand I think, so it is more about discovering a gift in someone then turning someone into a mage?" The young man asked.

"For example, if Mr Lenoe had not shown you something that was outside your general understanding, something that prompted your avatar to stop him, then perhaps you may never have awakened alone, perhaps you would have stayed asleep until some other prompting, or never at all in your entire life."

"I do not like to keep something from Dennis but he did tell me to cooperate with you and your allies so I will obey, but I just do not like it."

"I am sure there are things about vampire society he did not see fit to tell you Tobias, for the same reason - it would be too dangerous for you to know. If someone that is not our ally should pry the information from Mr Lenoe and use it against us, then we would be at a severe disadvantage. Even if Mr Lenoe is not hostile, there are things in mage society that we need to keep close and the avatar is our most precious Gift."

"You are aware that I am blood bound though are you not? Dennis have never forced my will, but he can if he want to...if he asked me to I do not think there is anything I could refuse him...whatever that be information or jumping off a cliff, it is a crude way to say it but I am his slave for all intents and purposes, all freedoms I have...are the ones he allow me, and I am painfully aware of this...I...I just thought I should tell you that, in the interest of honesty."

He sighed. "Wonderful. I hope that once you find help that bind too can be broken...I will speak to him about this. Though I think now you are beginning to understand why we brought him the way we did, imagine if the Nephandi captured him and somehow forced him to bring you to them? Or the Tremere? That would be bad for all of us."

Is that why I ache, why I at times double over in pain that nothing seam to be able to ease...why she is growing weaker? Dennis' blood in my veins?" Th young mage muttered then he asked a bit nervously. "Can she be saved?"

"Yes, the vampire blood is weakening your avatar, even as it craves more of the blood. You must fight the urge to have vampire blood, in that you should be the one to lead your avatar for it has become addicted and Will need your help." He frowned as he asked if his avatar could be saved. "I hope so. That is why you are here. I am going to call for you to be examined by an expert, she is a powerful Master who is able to work with avatars."

"So they are our magic organ?" He asked and grinned a little. "You know allot of fantasy books and movies have that, some sort of spiritual thingamajig that are a mage's magick organ, like ehm...Midi-chlorians from Star Wars, is it like that? Also is she self conscious? I mean she talks, she is even sarcastic at times and she do not always agree with me, and I feel that the voices are a she, that almost seam self conscious to me."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "Organ? Midichlorians?? I have heard of Star Wars, I saw it when I was younger. However, I believe the avatar to be of a spiritual nature." Then he continued, "All mages have their own relation to their avatar, some are more...direct than others and their awareness seems more distinct. However, if she is giving you counsel then it is worth giving a listen as long as it is not about your addiction. I am sure that the magus that I am calling will be able to answer more of your questions, if she is inclined."

"I have more control now, the flames...usually...do what I want them to." The young mage said then he nodded.

"Another reason why some mages die...their own effects backfiring or when they first gain new insights and experiment." He grimaced. "You were fortunate. As was Mr Lenoe by the sound of it."

"I do talk with my parents every now and again but we have never been close, it is the card on birthdays and visit home for Christmas and Thanksgiving sort of deal. I do not have any siblings, I have a couple of friends though that I talk with regularly, but since they can not take part of my life as it is now we have sort of drifted apart, most of my friends now are other ghouls and young vampires but you can never let your guard down there."

"You mustn't tell any sleepers or the ghouls or other vampires of your true nature. In fact, do not contact the ghouls or other vampires again."

"Ah yes you got him to the Chantry safely?" Cita asks then she continues. "It is wise to assess the damage to his Avatar as soon as possible, what will be more practical, for me to come to his or your room or for you to come to mine? I only need my laptop so either is fine with me and I have nothing else planned for the evening though, or at least not before your mentor is done with his duties for today."

"He's done a lot of moving about today, if you don't mind coming to his room it might be easier on him. As for seeing my pater...well, he may be busy for some while. I'll explain when you get here. We're on the third, corner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:40 pm

"Every working has an associated energy, a force that marks it and the working as yours and of a particular nature depending what you do with it. That can be explained in more depth later."

"Hum..like a tuning fork, it will vibrate when something strike it put put it against something and that to will be affected by the vibration?"
Tobias asked curiously.

He gave him a look. "Your Greek needs work...What other languages are you familiar with?"

"Yeah I know Sir."
The boy said apologetically.
"Well I speak Swedish, my mom is from Sweden I also speak a little Japanese, but just a little, and I took Spanish in High School."

"They are agents of chaos, an army of oblivion...their goals are temptation and destruction, some who have made dangerous pacts with entities such as spirits and demons. Their avatars are tainted by their corrupution and spread it through their works of undoing."

"Well then, I guess they two will end up on my I really do not want to meet these folks list."
Tobias said and gave a shy smile.

"I am sure he can."

"That I would like to see."
Tobias said and this time he grinned.

"Hm...." He looked at him and then said, "I believe you are working with something we know as Prime, the fire behind fire. But we will see. First thing first is to help you onto the path of recovery."

"Thank you Sir."
The young mage muttered, there was not much he could say when he got help from a stranger.
"I will find a way to replay you one day Sir."

"I hope you do not meet one..."

"I hope so to, I will try to stay way clear of them Sir."

"For example, if Mr Lenoe had not shown you something that was outside your general ability, something that prompted your avatar to stop him, then perhaps you may never have awakened alone,stayed asleep until some other prompting, or never at all in your entire life."

"I am glad he did then, I sort of enjoy being able to toss fireballs and play with time, though I guess from what you are telling me it would have been better if a mage had found me."
Tobias sigh then he mutters.
"I can not imagine my life without Dennis now though, I know that is partly the blood bond talking but he have become the world to me."

"I...understand I do and I will obey for as far as the bond will let me, it is just hard for me to keep anything from him. You see the blood blond create this intense feeling of love, greater than any crush, and I know my feelings are due to that but that do not mean I do not feel them."
Tobias say shake his head.
"It is all a mess...I am sorry I will do my best."

He sighed. "Wonderful. I hope that once you find help that bind too can be broken...I will speak to him about this. Though I think now you are beginning to understand why we brought him the way we did, imagine if the Nephandi captured him and somehow forced him to bring you to them? Or the Tremere? That would be bad for all of us."

"I understand your reasons but it is not right...he do not deserve to suffer he would never harm me, yes I would do whatever he said...but he just would not give an order that would harm me."
Tobias exclaimed passionately then he looked down.
"Sorry."
The muttered softly.

"Yes, the vampire blood is weakening your avatar, even as it craves more of the blood. You must fight the urge to have vampire blood, in that one way you should be the one to lead your avatar for it has become addicted and Will need your help." He frowned as he asked if his avatar could be saved. "I hope so. That is why you are here. I am going to call for you to be examined by an expert, she is a powerful Master who is able to work with avatars."

"I...want to save her...but I crave that blood the thought of never drinking it again...terrify me, I am not sure I can do this."
Tobias muttered and he shivered as if cold.
"I...it is a craving to deep for me to control."
The mage muttered.
"But why do it harm my...you called it Avatar? Other humans only get more healthy from vampire blood."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "Organ? Midichlorians?? I have heard of Star Wars, I saw it when I was younger. However, I believe the avatar to be of a spiritual nature." Then he continued, "All mages have their own relation to their avatar, some are more...direct than others and their awareness seems more distinct. However, if she is giving you counsel then I would heed it if I were you. I am sure that the magus that I am calling will be able to answer more of your questions, if she is inclined."

"Well she is very talkative, she likes to make comments on what I do and oh boy do she let it be known when she is displeased, and I think perhaps she sends me dreams as well. I would love to know more about her though. I do not know if she is spiritual...but she feel a bit like that to me, I mean her voice is that of a woman per say, and she can be sarcastic but beyond her words she just feel ancient...wise in a way. I do try to follow her advice but what she want is not always easy."

"Another reason why some mages die...their own effects backfiring or when they first gain new insights and experiment." He grimaced. "You were fortunate. As was Mr Lenoe by the sound of it."

"Yeah I would never forgive myself if anything happened to Dennis."
Tobias said and it was clear the the vampire's life and well being meant allot more to him than his own.

"You mustn't tell any sleepers or the ghouls or other vampires of your true nature. In fact, do not contact the ghouls or other vampires again."

"Never? But they are my friends."
Tobias muttered sadly then he looked down submissively.
"I will do what I am told Sir."
He muttered but he sounded quite upset over it.

"He's done a lot of moving about today, if you don't mind coming to his room it might be easier on him. As for seeing my pater...well, he may be busy for some while. I'll explain when you get here. We're on the third, corner."

"Jeffry is always busy Adley but I am a patient woman and only someone who are busy themselves would understand that for me my patients and research also take up most of my time."
Cita said then she continued.
"Alright, I will be right there...third floor...corner room? Got it."
Cita hung up the phone and after a few moments you saw the door to the guest apartment she was using open and the Adept came out, her computer under one arm and a pot of tea in the other, she closed her dor with a swing of her shapely butt and then wandered over to you.
"It is not very far for me to go."
The Spirit Master said and grinned.

A few moments later Tobias came out of his new room he blinked when he saw the small woman with blue streaked hair and a computer under her arm stand here.
"Ehm...hi..."
He muttered and Cita gave a friendly smile.
"Hello you must be Tobias...nice to meet you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 pm

"Hum..like a tuning fork, it will vibrate when something strike it put put it against something and that to will be affected by the vibration?" Tobias asked curiously.

"That's an interesting analogy...I like that one better than the Midichlorian one," he said.

"Thank you Sir." The young mage muttered, there was not much he could say when he got help from a stranger. "I will find a way to replay you one day Sir."

"That is a good instinct, as it lay under one of our Protocols but as I said let's concentrate on seeing you through this darkness first."

"I am glad he did then, I sort of enjoy being able to toss fireballs and play with time, though I guess from what you are telling me it would have been better if a mage had found me."

"It depends on what mage...it would have been bad if the Nephandi got you or the Technocrats. But yes, your avatar would not be in the dire straight it is now if he had not found you."

"I...understand I do and I will obey for as far as the bond will let me, it is just hard for me to keep anything from him. You see the blood blond create this intense feeling of love, greater than any crush, and I know my feelings are due to that but that do not mean I do not feel them." Tobias say shake his head. "It is all a mess...I am sorry I will do my best...I understand your reasons but it is not right...he do not deserve to suffer he would never harm me, yes I would do whatever he said...but he just would not give an order that would harm me."

"Yes, he has told me the same. However he has harmed you Tobias, though again through accident but it is harm all the same, one that we must seek to remedy together. Additionally, aside from ignorance, someone else may order him to harm us, for example, though he might not wish to do so. I know you do not feel it is right and I do not wish him to suffer, but there is only so much leeway that can be given in certain matters. However, I will see that he is not made to suffer more than he has to, if I am able."

"I...want to save her...but I crave that blood the thought of never drinking it again...terrify me, I am not sure I can do this."
Tobias muttered and he shivered as if cold. "I...it is a craving to deep for me to control." The mage muttered. "But why do it harm my...you called it Avatar? Other humans only get more healthy from vampire blood."

"I believe that you can, Tobias. After all, you can control time and fire; this too can be brought under your Will though it is going to be difficult. But only if you also believe it is possible and work towards it with us. As for why it harms us so...there are some things that extinguish the light within us...becoming a vampire or drinking blood is one of those things, it creates disharmony within. I am only myself learning of this myself but...I believe that it creates discord and dims and breaks the connection between a mage and the avatar as the unnatural state brought with the blood grows or as one is turned into a vampire."

"Well she is very talkative, she likes to make comments on what I do and oh boy do she let it be known when she is displeased, and I think perhaps she sends me dreams as well. I would love to know more about her though. I do not know if she is spiritual...but she feel a bit like that to me, I mean her voice is that of a woman per say, and she can be sarcastic but beyond her words she just feel ancient...wise in a way. I do try to follow her advice but what she want is not always easy."

"She will probably not enjoy being examined by Master Telar, but it is necessary for her well-being and yours. I have had this process done myself and though it does not physically hurt it is uncomfortable to be scrutinized."

"Never? But they are my friends." Tobias muttered sadly then he looked down submissively. "I will do what I am told Sir.

"I know it is difficult. But it would also bring them danger as well as us. Especially right now."

"It is not very far for me to go."
The Spirit Master said and grinned.

A few moments later Tobias came out of his new room he blinked when he saw the small woman with blue streaked hair and a computer under her arm stand here.
"Ehm...hi..."

He looked like he was glad to see Cita, stepping aside to let her in and taking a break from answering the innumerable questions the Orphan was posing him. "Thank you for coming and assisting us. Yes, this is Tobias, Tobias this is Master Telar. Please do as she directs you to do." He went to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water, looking at the pair of mages. "Let me know if you need something."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 am

"That's an interesting analogy...I like that one better than the Midichlorian one," he said.

Tobias smiles a little.
"Not a Star Wars fan Sir?"
He asked and allowed himself a bit of a smile at his own joke, though he seamed uncertain, some vampires would strike him down for presuming he be so frivolous with his words in their presence.

"That is a good instinct, as it lay under one of our Protocols but as I said let's concentrate on seeing you through this darkness first."

Tobias nodded he looked down as his hands which he used to hold the clothes Adley had given him, he was truly grateful for the other mage's help, but he did not know what to say.

"It depends on what mage...it would have been bad if the Nephandi got you or the Technocrats. But yes, your avatar would not be in the dire straight it is now if he had not found you."

"Dennis never meant to harm the voices, he never meant anything bad to happen to me, he just did not know, and I did not either."
The young mage muttered to that.
"It is not like supernaturals come with instruction manuals, the care and feeding of your mage, though that would be very practical."

"Yes, he has told me the same. However he has harmed you Tobias, though again through accident but it is harm all the same, one that we must seek to remedy together. Additionally, aside from ignorance, someone else may order him to harm us, for example, though he might not wish to do so. I know you do not feel it is right and I do not wish him to suffer, but there is only so much leeway that can be given in certain matters.

Tears welled up in the young mage's eyes.
"The thought of Dennis in that condition, I looked into his eyes when I found him after the...Nephandi had attacked him, there was so much pain...he do not deserve that and really he is no more dangerous than a mage, I am sure ehm...Master Narim, could put him on his smart phone to if he wanted to...not that I advocate that, I am just saying, his powers are very...well for a lack of a better term...static."
Tobias said and wiped the tears from his eyes.
"He is hurting and I just can not stand the thought of that."

However, I will see that he is not made to suffer more than he has to, if I am able."

"Thank you Sir, I appreciate that."
Tobias muttered then he glanced over at Adley.
"When can I see him? I would like to see that he is alright and perhaps he will feel better if I visit him."

"I believe that you can, Tobias. After all, you can control time and fire; this too can be brought under your Will though it is going to be difficult. But only if you also believe it is possible and work towards it with us.

"I guess I have to try, I mean if she is like you say, something that move though eternity from life to life, I would be letting her down if I let her die on me, like an old heirloom, no one want to be the one to loose the pearl necklace that have been in your family for five generations."
Tobias muttered.
"I owe it to her to try however if I fail...what happens then? Will I loose my powers as well if she dies?"
The young mage asked in a worried tone of voice.

As for why it harms us so...there are some things that extinguish the light within us...becoming a vampire or drinking blood is one of those things, it creates disharmony within. I am only myself learning of this myself but...I believe that it creates discord and dims and breaks the connection between a mage and the avatar as the unnatural state brought with the blood grows or as one is turned into a vampire."

"I...well when you put it that way I can sort of see that."
Tobias muttered.
"Perhaps Dennis should have let me die and not saved me with blood...you see that is how this started, there was this creature that came at me...crushed me and as I lay dying he gave me of his blood to heal me, but then I just wanted more..."
The young mage said with a sigh.

"She will probably not enjoy being examined by Master Telar, but it is necessary for her well-being and yours. I have had this process done myself and though it does not physically hurt it is uncomfortable to be scrutinized."

"Well I guess it can't be worse than the bouts of pain I have been having, some discomfort I can deal with."
Tobias said though he seamed a bit nervous.
"I mean I am a vampire's blood slave, being scrutinized do not seam to bad even if it is some strange bits of me that will be looked at."
The young mage muttered with a smile.

"I know it is difficult. But it would also bring them danger as well as us. Especially right now."

"I...will obey Sir I just do not want to loose all my friends."
The young mage said with sadness in his eyes.
"What about my parents, will I be allowed to contact them?"

He looked like he was glad to see Cita, stepping aside to let her in and taking a break from answering the innumerable questions the Orphan was posing him. "Thank you for coming and assisting us.

"Ah don't mention it, in a way it have become my job to help out Avatars in trouble...penance I guess for...well in either I enjoy the work and every time I examine or try to heal an Avatar I learn more, perhaps I will one day find out how to put them back together again if they are destroyed as well."
Cita said and smiles to Adley.
"What I mean to say with all my babbling is that it is no trouble really."
Cita said as she entered the Orphan's apartment.

Yes, this is Tobias, Tobias this is Master Telar. Please do as she directs you to do."

Tobias balanced the bundle of his old clothes he was holding in one hand so he could shake Cita's hand and presented himself.
"I am Tobias Wagner Master Telar, I am pleased to meet you."
The boy said and Cita smiles.
"I am Cita Telar, and do feel free to call me by my name, I have never been one to stand on formality, it is good to meet you as well."
The Virtual Adept said as she looked around to find a good spot for her computer, she choose the living room table, and put her PC down.
"Please have a seat and do not worry this will not hurt but it can feel a bit unnerving."
As Cita opened her laptop Tobias sat down with the old clothes on his lap he looked more nervous now.
"You will be able to look at the voices I hear in my head Master Telar?"
He asked politely and Cita nodded.
"Yes I will."
Then she begun to type on her computer.
"So you experience your Avatar as a voice in you head Tobias?"
Cita asked and Tobias nodded.
"Yeah and she talks like all the time."
The Virtual Adept smiles.
"A active one then, well that is always nice. Now how long have you been drinking vampire blood?"
Tobias looked down.
"Three years Ma'am."
He muttered and seamed a bit uncomfortable at the questions.

looking at the pair of mages. "Let me know if you need something."

Cita tapped the tea put with a finger before her hand returned to the keyboaard.
"Well cups would be nice if you do not mind Adley."
The Virtual Adept said and smiles, you notice she is now wearing a plain but well made silver locked around he neck, a piece she did not have before, a gift from your mentor on their dinner date perhaps.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:18 am

"Not a Star Wars fan Sir?" He asked and allowed himself a bit of a smile

"I enjoyed the movies well enough though I don't really recall all of the details."

"Dennis never meant to harm the voices, he never meant anything bad to happen to me, he just did not know, and I did not either."
The young mage muttered to that.  "It is not like supernaturals come with instruction manuals, the care and feeding of your mage, though that would be very practical."

"I understand his conundrum and yours, at least to an extent." Then he had to give the young man a wry smile. "Perhaps that would make it easier. 'What do do when your magus runs afoul of angry werewolves, a series on running away or setting them on fire, in 6 modules.'" Then he added in a more serious tone, "This is why it would have been better if you had been brought to us earlier, if possible...or if we had found you ourselves. And by we I mean the Order, perhaps even my House. Your talent with fire, for example, could have been developed with less trial and error and more guidance."

I am sure ehm...Master Narim, could put him on his smart phone to if he wanted to...not that I advocate that, I am just saying, his powers are very...well for a lack of a better term...static." Tobias said and wiped the tears from his eyes. "He is hurting and I just can not stand the thought of that.

"What you ask of other mages comes at a price, Tobias, remember that. Although Master Narim is very skilled yes we can't assume things of him. And there are reasons for doing it the way that we are that you don't understand. Please, if you cannot stand the thought of it, turn your thoughts in the direction he wanted them to go, at least for right now. His condition will be discussed but for now we are doing what must be done." He wondered what it would be like, being stored in a phone...the idea was not appealing then again neither was being a vampire, or a staked one at that.

Tobias muttered then he glanced over at Adley. "When can I see him? I would like to see that he is alright and perhaps he will feel better if I visit him."

"I cannot tell you exactly as we're experiencing some crises that need to be handled as well as seeing to Mr Lenoe's basic needs and a way to communicate with him. I will let you know, or someone will, as soon as we can do so." Oh, but it was going to be hard to tell him that he was going to Horizon, or away, for treatment never to see him again.

"I owe it to her to try however if I fail...what happens then? Will I loose my powers as well if she dies?"
The young mage asked in a worried tone of voice.

"Yes Tobias...and losing one's avatar can also mean losing one's physical life, it is hard for a mage to live without their avatar. So you must fight as hard as you can." Adley sounded as if he wished that he had better news to tell him.

"Perhaps Dennis should have let me die and not saved me with blood...you see that is how this started, there was this creature that came at me...crushed me and as I lay dying he gave me of his blood to heal me, but then I just wanted more..."

'I believe it would probably have been better for your avatar if you had not gotten his blood. But that is not here or there. You are here now, and we will see what can be done for both of you."

"I...will obey Sir I just do not want to loose all my friends." The young mage said with sadness in his eyes. "What about my parents, will I be allowed to contact them?"

"For now, no as it is not safe for them or us." He didn't know how long Tobias would be staying, so that's all he said at the moment.

Cita tapped the tea put with a finger before her hand returned to the keyboaard. "Well cups would be nice if you do not mind Adley."

Adley nodded and found some mugs in the cupboard. He gave them a rinse in the sink and brought them over and put them on the table. Then after draining the glass of water he asked, "Would you prefer if I stayed or gave you privacy to do the examination?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:13 am

"I enjoyed the movies well enough though I don't really recall all of the details."

Tobias nodded at that.
"Well it was a stupid example anyway I guess.."

"I understand his conundrum and yours, at least to an extent." Then he had to give the young man a wry smile. "Perhaps that would make it easier. 'What do do when your magus runs afoul of angry werewolves, a series on running away or setting them on fire, in 6 modules.'"

Tobias grinned at that.
"I think that could quickly turn into how to get eaten in three easy steps."
He said and smiled.
"Step one, piss of a gaggle of werewolves..."

Then he added in a more serious tone, "This is why it would have been better if you had been brought to us earlier, if possible...or if we had found you ourselves. And by we I mean the Order, perhaps even my House. Your talent with fire, for example, could have been developed with less trial and error and more guidance."

"I guess you are right, but Dennis did the best he could. I do not think I would have done any better trying to care for a newly Embraced vampire."
The young mage muttered.
"Hum...your House do fire magick then?"

"What you ask of other mages comes at a price, Tobias, remember that. Although Master Narim is very skilled yes we can't assume things of him.

"I understand that, the vampires do it the same way, they have a formal system of favors, and I did not mean it that way, I more meant that how can Dennis be a danger to anyone here when they can do things like Master Narim they could very easily take him down if he tried anything."
Thobias said and looked down.

And there are reasons for doing it the way that we are that you don't understand. Please, if you cannot stand the thought of it, turn your thoughts in the direction he wanted them to go, at least for right now. His condition will be discussed but for now we are doing what must be done."

"I will try, but it i not easy, I mean would you have been able to do that if one of your friends where suffering Sir?"
Tobias asked as he looked up a bit nervously, wondering if he had overstepped with his words.
"I mean would you be able to turn your mind away from that?"

"I cannot tell you exactly as we're experiencing some crises that need to be handled as well as seeing to Mr Lenoe's basic needs and a way to communicate with him. I will let you know, or someone will, as soon as we can do so." Oh, but it was going to be hard to tell him that he was going to Horizon, or away, for treatment never to see him again.

"He can signal with his eyes and I do not need to communicate with him, I just want to see him."
The young mage muttered then he looked down.
"Very well Sir, I will wait, but I am just so worried for him."

"Yes Tobias...and losing one's avatar can also mean losing one's physical life, it is hard for a mage to live without their avatar. So you must fight as hard as you can." Adley sounded as if he wished that he had better news to tell him.

"I...I will do what I can Sir."
The boy muttered and it was clear he was worried, it was probably a boon he did not know what loosing his Avatar would mean for him or that worry would turn to terror.

'I believe it would probably have been better for your avatar if you had not gotten his blood. But that is not here or there. You are here now, and we will see what can be done for both of you."

Tobias nodded at that and sigh, it was true speculating on what ifs would do no one any good, not him, not this Avatar as his voices where apparently called and not Dennis.

"For now, no as it is not safe for them or us." He didn't know how long Tobias would be staying, so that's all he said at the moment.

Tobias nodded he did not protest but he seamed sad, it was hard for him to be removed from everyone he knew and left in the hands of strangers.
"I understand Sir I...will obey."
The boy muttered softly.

Adley nodded and found some mugs in the cupboard. He gave them a rinse in the sink and brought them over and put them on the table. Then after draining the glass of water he asked, "Would you prefer if I stayed or gave you privacy to do the examination?"

Cita smiles as you brought the coffee mugs over and while one program was running she filled three cups and gave one to you and one to Tobias before she sipped her own.
"For me it do not matter who is here or not, it is up to Mr Wgner here."
The Virtual Adept said. Tobias looked at you a bit nervously then after a moment he muttered.
"Stay...please Sir, just in case the news is bad."
You had not known the boy more than thee quarters of an hour, but you had spoken with him more than the rest here and he was separated from everyone else he knew.

Cita smiles to the young mage.
"This will not take long Tobias, it is just a quick scan, now is it ok if I ask you a few more questions?"
The Technomancer said and Tobias nodded.
"Yes Ma'am."
Cita smiles at that then she asks.
"Are you experiencing any pain or discomfort that seam to come from nowhere? And if so how frequently?"
Tobias nods and sips his tea.
"Well yes I have been having bout of really bad pain for a while now and it seam to be getting more frequent, now I am on the floor screaming every few days."
The boy said and shuddered.
"I never know when it will start."
Tobias muttered fearfully, it had to be a difficult thing to live with such pain that could come at any time and place.
"Lately though I have also had this growing ache...I can not say where it is from or what hurts but it is constant it makes it hard to sleep, hard to focus on anything. I have not told Dennis about it, for I did not want to worry him."
Tobias said and looked down.
"And a few days ago, while making dinner I hear her...the voices weep, I do not know why but that was the worst thing of all, it shook me to my core."
The boy aid and put the cup down, the memory of it disturbing him so much he did not particularly want any more of it."
Cita sigh as her fingers danced over her keyboard.
"Yes to hear our Avatar in distress can be horrible."
The Adept said with compassion in her voice.
"I am sorry but I have to ask you two more questions...first do you feel discomfort when using your powers? And secondly how often do you drink...I assume Dennis is the vampire? Well how often do you drink his blood."
Tobias glanced at the small woman.
"I used to hurt when I used my powers, but now I sort of ache all the time instead."
He muttered then he replied.
"I drink vampire blood once or twice a week, sometimes even more often."
The young mage said and Cita nodded and made a note of the reply.

What followed next was a few moments of silence where all that could be heard where Cita's fingers going clickety click click on her keyboard then she smiles.
"Oh hello there you are...we have a friendly one here."
The Adept said and grinned in amusement.
"Avatars usually keep to their hosts and generally do not like anyone else interacting with them but this one, it is a curious one it seams she is peering out as me as I am looking at her, she is a active one is she not, which is uncommon for she is not very large, usually it is the big powerful Avatars that are chatterboxes, while the smaller ones are happy to just sit there and be conduits of magick, this one though, do she talk with you allot Tobias?"
Cita asked as she pressed enter to run another program on her computer.
"Oh yes, all the time."
Tobias replied and smiles.
"She comments on everything."
Cita nodded.
"Yeah there are a few of those as well, but unusual for one this weak..oh...I am sorry Tobias I am being rude, I ehm...I just meant it is unusual for an Avatar of this type to be so active."
Tobias just smiles.
"Do not worry about it."
He said and waved the Adept's concern that she had insulted him off, after all he had no clue what weak vs strong meant when it came to voices in his head.

Cita continued to type on her computer but then she just froze and all color drained from her face.
"Oh dear..."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"Tobias, when did you use magick last?"
The young mage shrugged.
"A few hours ago Ma'am, why?"
Cita glanced at the young man.
"Would you mind doing...something for me?"
She said, Tobias looked puzzled but then he muttered.
"Sure."
He said then he closed his eyes, a few moment later a chubby candle in a holder on the table ignited and Tobias smiles proudly.
"I have been training on making small flames and not just big ones."
He said and looked at you.
"To learn to control it..."
He added. Cita smiles and look a bit relieved then she said.
"Tobias would you mind if I showed your scan to Adley? Just to be able to illustrate your condition?"
The young mage nodded.
"Sure no problem...may I see as well?"
Cita hesitated.
"Later, but could you please ehm...go to the kitchen and see if you find any milk for the tea for a moment please."
Tobias sigh and rose to his feet, he seamed concerned now though what he muttered was.
"I wish everyone would just say can you go somewhere so we can talk about you without you overhearing without sending me to fetch things they do not want."
The words where not meant to be heard though and the boy would be mortified and fear punishment if he knew you had overheard his grumbling.

Cita motioned you over.
"Adley I know you do not share my Paradigm, but this I think you will be able to see as well and it is important to illustrate just how bad a condition Mr Wagner is in...would you please bare with me while I show you this?"
The Virtual Adept Master asked as she scooted over in the sofa to give the Hermetic room to sit down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 am

"I think that could quickly turn into how to get eaten in three easy steps." He said and smiled. "Step one, piss of a gaggle of werewolves..."

He grinned. "Good, it seems I won't have to warn you off werewolves," he quipped.

"I guess you are right, but Dennis did the best he could. I do not think I would have done any better trying to care for a newly Embraced vampire." The young mage muttered. "Hum...your House do fire magick then?"

"I think the difference is I would not have tried to but I have had the benefit of some training." Then he said, "It is what my House is most well known for, at least and for good reason."

"I understand that, the vampires do it the same way, they have a formal system of favors, and I did not mean it that way, I more meant that how can Dennis be a danger to anyone here when they can do things like Master Narim they could very easily take him down if he tried anything."

"It might seem so but you realise you are in our home, there are young mages, people sleep and need a place to feel safe and secure, as much as we can be. Let us suppose that Mr Lenoe should become hostile for some reason, he could do a great deal of harm before he was 'taken down' and I don't think, if you are correct about him, that he would like to do that either. But the fact is that none of us know him, I only know him slightly myself, or can vouch for him but you, and you are new to our society."

"I will try, but it i not easy, I mean would you have been able to do that if one of your friends where suffering Sir?" Tobias asked as he looked up a bit nervously, wondering if he had overstepped with his words. "I mean would you be able to turn your mind away from that?"

At first it seemed he was not going to answer but after a moment he said quietly, "You hold it in your heart, acknowledge it and continue on with what you must do. Perhaps turn away is not the right way to have put it..." There certainly was a lot of suffering going around, there was Beatrice, there was now this magus, and Dennis the vampire, worried after by Tobias. Narim had been attacked by a paradox spirit. There was Gwen, beaten by her mentor. The Mad Ones in the umbra and the Technocrat that was on his way to Horizon, and whomever else the Nephandi had touched.

"He can signal with his eyes and I do not need to communicate with him, I just want to see him." The young mage muttered then he looked down. "Very well Sir, I will wait, but I am just so worried for him."

"I know that you are, Tobias but I cannot take you to him now."

The Virtual Adept said. Tobias looked at you a bit nervously then after a moment he muttered. "Stay...please Sir, just in case the news is bad."

He nodded and then sat down in one of the chairs. "I will stay then, Tobias, if you wish." He sipped at the tea that he was given as she asked him questions, listening quietly.

He said then he closed his eyes, a few moment later a chubby candle in a holder on the table ignited and Tobias smiles proudly. "I have been training on making small flames and not just big ones." He said and looked at you. "To learn to control it..."

He nodded at that, watching him. The flame seemed to suddenly just appear as he concentrated. "Good."

But as he watched her turn pale he felt a fresh wash of emotion waken him, ready for more bad news. There was no way that what she saw would be good, not after she'd seen Beatrice's inverted avatar and called it pretty and managed to keep any expression of dismay off of her face.

"I wish everyone would just say can you go somewhere so we can talk about you without you overhearing without sending me to fetch things they do not want."

"Tobias, go into the kitchen where you cannot hear us and stay there until we call you back, please."

Cita motioned you over. "Adley I know you do not share my Paradigm, but this I think you will be able to see as well and it is important to illustrate just how bad a condition Mr Wagner is in...would you please bare with me while I show you this?" The Virtual Adept Master asked as she scooted over in the sofa to give the Hermetic room to sit down.

He looked towards the kitchen and then went over to where Cita indicated, sitting down with a troubled expression on his face. He took a breath, closing his eyes and rubbing his hands over his face and hair. "Let's see then." If it was so bad that he should be able to see the problem though he had no idea what computer code was, then it was probably very bad indeed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:03 am

He grinned. "Good, it seems I won't have to warn you off werewolves," he quipped.

"No Dennis have told me to stay far away from them."
Tobias said and smiles a little.
"I have never even seen one though."

"I think the difference is I would not have tried to but I have had the benefit of some training." Then he said, "It is what my House is most well known for, at least and for good reason."

"I think I would have tried instead of just leaving them to their own devices, a new werewolf to, though I have no idea how they come to be."
Tobias muttered and looked down.

"It might seem so but you realise you are in our home, there are young mages, people sleep and need a place to feel safe and secure, as much as we can be. Let us suppose that Mr Lenoe should become hostile for some reason, he could do a great deal of harm before he was 'taken down' and I don't think, if you are correct about him, that he would like to do that either. But the fact is that none of us know him, I only know him slightly myself, or can vouch for him but you, and you are new to our society."

"I do understand that I just..."
Tobias sigh and shook his head.
"No Dennis would not like to harm anyone either and I guess it is me making a fuzz about this, not him, he was afraid before we left, he tried to deny it but I could see it in his eyes, afraid of the stake but he said that he had be staked before and most likely would again in the future, and that he was accepting your terms. He said that if a werewolf had sought sanctuary with the vampire of the city it would have been bound with silver no matter how friendly it was..."

"You hold it in your heart, acknowledge it and continue on with what you must do. Perhaps turn away is not the right way to have put it..." There certainly was a lot of suffering going around, there was Beatrice, there was now this magus, and Dennis the vampire, worried after by Tobias. Narim had been attacked by a paradox spirit. There was Gwen, beaten by her mentor. The Mad Ones in the umbra and the Technocrat that was on his way to Horizon, and whomever else the Nephandi had touched.

Tobias nodded and looked down.
"I will try but...I am so afraid for him, I know that if I had been in his place I would have been terrified and I do not even fully understand what it is that he is feeling right now."
The young mage muttered.

"I know that you are, Tobias but I cannot take you to him now."

Tobias only nodded at that it seamed to sadden him but he was used to be ruled over and he stopped protesting.

He nodded and then sat down in one of the chairs. "I will stay then, Tobias, if you wish." He sipped at the tea that he was given as she asked him questions, listening quietly.

"Thank you Sir."
Tobias said with a slight smile he settled down in seat to answer the Virtual Adept's questions.

He nodded at that, watching him. The flame seemed to suddenly just appear as he concentrated. "Good."

But as he watched her turn pale he felt a fresh wash of emotion waken him, ready for more bad news. There was no way that what she saw would be good, not after she'd seen Beatrice's inverted avatar and called it pretty and managed to keep any expression of dismay off of her face.

Tobias smiles a little at the praise but he to seam to have noticed Cita's reaction and that worried him greatly.

"Tobias, go into the kitchen where you cannot hear us and stay there until we call you back, please."

Tobias eyes widened when he realized you had heard his grumbling and he looked like he braced to be hit, but when no such action was taken against him he just nodded and walked into the kitchen.

He looked towards the kitchen and then went over to where Cita indicated, sitting down with a troubled expression on his face. He took a breath, closing his eyes and rubbing his hands over his face and hair. "Let's see then." If it was so bad that he should be able to see the problem though he had no idea what computer code was, then it was probably very bad indeed.

Cita nodded and pressed a few keys on her computer.
"First let us give you something for comparison purposes, this is a healthy Avatar, or well part of the code for one, they are infinitely complex, this is yours in fact, I have kept the scan until you decide what to do about your ehm...problem for if you decide to keep it the safest is if I write a banishing program specifically for your Avatar and the shard."
Cita explained as she pointed on the screen, it was filled to the brim with letters and numbers and looked extremely complex but there was a pattern to it, a elegant yet flowing pattern.
"Well this is another healthy Avatar, mine."
Cita said and pressed a few keys, again code filled the screed, the patters where differed, more rigid but it had the same extreme complexity.
"Ok...no this is Tobias."
Cita said and pressed some keys again and you saw a screen with lines of code here and there but with large holes between letters and numbers and whole section of screen where there was just nothing.
"To put it simply for a mystic such as yourself Adley, everywhere there are no code...are damage. I have not seen an Avatar in this bad a condition outside of the Main Sentencing Hall...not since...well in either case it is astonishing it is still able to function and yet it do...and as for Tobias his pain is more severe than he is saying, I suspect he have been in so strong pain for so long he have learned to somehow function with it. In either case I had to stop the scan, I could not risk upsetting the Avatar, the last time I saw a soul in this bad a condition, it shattered as I tried to help it."
The Adept said sadly and it was clear this was a bad memory.
"The situation is dire, I do not understand how this Avatar or it's host are able to well do anything but scream, this is the same as when they bring someone to the hospital with five bullets in their chest and two in their head and they survive on will to live alone, unless something is done and quickly, this Avatar will not survive."
Cita said in a grim tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 am

Tobias eyes widened when he realized you had heard his grumbling and he looked like he braced to be hit, but when no such action was taken against him he just nodded and walked into the kitchen

He frowned, watching Tobias as he seemed to tense up any time he said anything assertive, wondering what Lenoe had told him, or if it was the vampire society. Then Cita was showing him pictures made of numbers and letters and it didn't look like any type of thing he was used to but it didn't seem random either. His brows furrowed at the screen, wondering what bit of it was the Umbrood. To him, this was not his avatar, nor a representation that fit well in his mind. But then he was being shown Cita's own avatar codes and they were notably different, that much he could see. But Tobias's...he looked from the screen and back to the Virtual Adept, concern in his eyes. "There is so much darkness...how can we help him until you can bring a healer that can see to him?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 am

"First of all he need bed rest, it might seam odd to you since it is a part of his soul that are hurt, not his body, but Avatar and mage live in a symbiosis, and as his body weakens so will his Avatar and it can not afford to, so he need to rest."
Cita said with knowing eyes.
"Then I would recommend he do not in any way strain his Avatar, he should not be brought anywhere where he risk getting Paradox and until he is better I do not recommend more powerful magick than sensory powers, he should work simple sensory magick daily though that will do his Avatar good. Now I also recommend time spent meditating in a Node every day, that in itself will not tax the Node's resources and the increased Quintessence flow in such a location will help."
The Spirit healer explained then she took a memory stick from her computer bag and put it on the table, even to you eyes the little device vibrated with power.
"Tass, now the boy might not be able to draw on it himself so someone should do it for him and send a dram or so into his system daily, I have found that slow infusion of tass ease the pain of at least Branding victims, so it might do it for him as well, but do not continue to do so for more than five days, his wounded Avatar can not hold more safely."
Cita said then she sigh.
"That is what we can do to strengthen his Avatar and body, and then he will have to go cold turkey on vampire blood. I will see if I can get people here to work on that sooner but he can not have any more or his Avatar will die, if Mr Lenoe had waited another two weeks to bring him here, the boy would be...well it would be to late, as it is now, he have a chance if these advice are followed and if he is kept away from vampire blood."
The Virtual Adept had a serious tone in her voice.
"When his Avatar get a little stronger I can begin to work on it, others will be better suited to heal his body and work on his mind but I know of only one who is better than me at healing souls."
Cita said, there was not a hint of bragging in her voice she simply stated facts.
"However to begin to weave rotes on that Avatar now, that could shatter it, I do not dare to do so, it need to be strengthened first."
The Spirit healer sigh.
"This is why magi should stay away from vampires, though when I bring that up I usually just get the reply, yes Cita but you can destroy an Avatar as well...yes that is true but I can not do so by accident just by some part of my physiology, the day I get Avatar killing blood is the day I call up the Euthanatos and set up an appointment for the Good Death."
The Virtual Adept said in a frustrated tone of voice then he sigh.
"Sorry Adley, it is just so....infuriating at times, we have been given these beautiful gifts, and so many are careless, my Tradition's Core Wars, mages who befriend vampires, our legal system that brand magi for insults and pranks...not to mention Gilgul...we need to care for our Avatars better, they are not just batteries for our magick, they are living beings and we are their custodians while we live and are their hosts."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 am

"Rest, staying away from paradox and simple magick only, meditation...I wonder if he even knows any methods. Then someone will impart the tass from...this," he gestured to the memory stick, "to him for five days. No vampire blood...what about when he goes into withdrawl? It might only be a few days from now. I thought perhaps he would go to your healers, at Horizon or some other place, away from vampires...though now it sounds like he'll be staying here for at least a week or more until he is stronger. And maybe they should come here." He looked at her for her advice.

"Sorry Adley, it is just so....infuriating at times, we have been given these beautiful gifts, and so many are careless, my Tradition's Core Wars, mages who befriend vampires, our legal system that brand magi for insults and pranks...not to mention Gilgul...we need to care for our Avatars better, they are not just batteries for our magick, they are living beings and we are their custodians while we live and are their hosts."

"You don't need to apologize to me...I understand the sentiment, at least in some forms. In Tobias's case he was not careless per se, but he awakened on his own. His own and Mr Lenoe's ignorance and the latter's desire to keep him alive has brought this harm to his avatar. He has had no guidance and has muddled through his own understandings and the ways of his vampire life. But Tobias has nothing now, not even any personal belongings, no friends that he can talk with, and not even the comfort of his avatar to guide him. He is in a strange place full of strange people, has just been attacked by a Maurader and seems like I am going to hit him every other thing that I say. And the blood of course makes him wish to be with Mr Lenoe, beyond what normal friendship they may have had in the beginning it has become wound into this addiction. All he can think of is that his friend is staked who knows where, even as his avatar struggles to stay shining. I cannot blame him for his concern, given all of this but it will get worse. Much worse, when he learns that he will not be able to see him any more after a certain point."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am

Cita sigh and nodded.
"The withdrawal will be a problem he might not survive it and his Avatar is to weak to get to the Well in this condition, without a host it will either shatter or begin to wander aimlessly through the Umbra for all eternity or until it just happen upon a suitable host, which is not likely to happen...so we must strengthen his body but in it's current condition I am not sure it will survive it' own withdrawal, that is why I am not moving him yet, we need to use what little time we have to try to strengthen it for the coming ordeal."
The Virtual Adept said in a worried tone of voice.
"I will try to get my contacts here, but many of them are old and have not been on Earth in years, but...I will try. However as soon as it is safe Tobias need to be sent to Horizon to continue his treatment there, the suns of Horizon heals souls, a little tidbit the first Primi added when they made them, I mean when you are making a sun, why not two and why not have some extra features on them when you are at it...well in either case, it will do him good and best of all there are no vampires there, for the years to come when he will struggle with his cravings he will need to stay away from Earth. If the boy survive the next few days then he stand a good chance of recovery and then we can set him up with a good life on Horizon, for now we are playing a patching game on his Avatar to make it strong enough to survive when it go into withdrawal..."
Cita sigh and shakes her head.
"Well I will need to find myself some handy Umbroods and get some messages sent out to have my contacts get their ancient asses over here."

"You don't need to apologize to me...I understand the sentiment, at least in some forms. In Tobias's case he was not careless per se, but he awakened on his own. His own and Mr Lenoe's ignorance and the latter's desire to keep him alive has brought this harm to his avatar. He has had no guidance and has muddled through his own understandings and the ways of his vampire life. But Tobias has nothing now, not even any personal belongings, no friends that he can talk with, and not even the comfort of his avatar to guide him. He is in a strange place full of strange people, has just been attacked by a Maurader and seems like I am going to hit him every other thing that I say.

Cita sigh and she looked towards the kitchen.
"I know it is not his fault and I feel for the boy, it is right now I wish I could heal an Avatar as easily as the Verbena can knit together a broken bone, but I can't. I have just started to be able to even begin to directly heal an Avatar's wounds and that go to the very edge of my ability, they are so complex, so incredibly complex that working with them I feel like I am an elephant trying to glue a glass figurine back together."
The Virtual Adept sigh.
"Yes the boy is in a bad place and...listen there is one more thing I can try but..."
Cita hesitated.
"It is dangerous in the extreme, at least for me. I can go into the Umbra and find some shards, I have a good idea of where to find them and if I can find one that are of the same Essence as Tobias' Avatar I can use that as raw material to patch some of those wounds...I can not create Ephemera this complex, but I can shape it, and if the boy's Avatar accept such grafts then that will help heal it. However the first danger is that these shards tend to congregate and they attack any mage that comes close, luckily such clusters are few and far between but seeking them out...is never a good idea. The other problem is that each little shard is a little mini Avatar in a way and they tend to try to connect to the host directly if they are allowed and can do untold damage that way so I would have to, for a lack of a better term, grind the shard up into almost nothing and use that as base material to try to restore the code in the boy' Avatar and that have it's own ethical problems."
The Master of the Art said in a worried, thoughtful tone of voice.

And the blood of course makes him wish to be with Mr Lenoe, beyond what normal friendship they may have had in the beginning it has become wound into this addiction. All he can think of is that his friend is staked who knows where, even as his avatar struggles to stay shining. I cannot blame him for his concern, given all of this but it will get worse. Much worse, when he learns that he will not be able to see him any more after a certain point."

"That is how the blood bond to a vampire works, and yet when the withdrawal takes him he will happily slaughter his friend for his blood, he can not be allowed to see this vampire without someone there who can stop him if he tries anything, though telling him that he will be taken from Lenoe's side forever will upset him terribly. A strong ehm...let me see what would it be in our ranking system, Prime and Mind effect should be able to sever the blood blond though, leaving behind just the natural friendship, I have the knowledge of Prime but not Mind...but perhaps Master Steelhaven who is quite renowned for his Mind magick can help?"
Cita asked as she glanced over at Adley.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:23 pm

"I will try to get my contacts here, but many of them are old and have not been on Earth in years, but...I will try. However as soon as it is safe Tobias need to be sent to Horizon to continue his treatment there, the suns of Horizon heals souls, a little tidbit the first Primi added when they made them...Earth. If the boy survive the next few days then he stand a good chance of recovery and then we can set him up with a good life on Horizon, for now we are playing a patching game on his Avatar to make it strong enough to survive when it go into withdrawal..."

"So all we can do for right now is what you told me a moment ago...at least until a healer can come here or we can go to Horizon?" He frowned and then asked, "Would healing his body with ars be beneficial? "

"Well I will need to find myself some handy Umbroods and get some messages sent out to have my contacts get their ancient asses over here."

"Thank you for asking your contacts to come here. It's just that if he is in such a frail state then..."

Cita sigh and she looked towards the kitchen."I know it is not his fault and I feel for the boy, it is right now I wish I could heal an Avatar as easily as the Verbena can knit together a broken bone, but I can't. I have just started to be able to even begin to directly heal an Avatar's wounds and that go to the very edge of my ability, they are so complex, so incredibly complex that working with them I feel like I am an elephant trying to glue a glass figurine back together.

"You are doing good work though Cita, very important work. I do hope that your prowess continues to grow and you can reach your goal. It would be of immense benefit."

"Yes the boy is in a bad place and...listen there is one more thing I can try but..." Cita hesitated. "It is dangerous in the extreme, at least for me. I can go into the Umbra and find some shards...The other problem is that each little shard is a little mini Avatar in a way and they tend to try to connect to the host directly if they are allowed and can do untold damage that way so I would have to, for a lack of a better term, grind the shard up into almost nothing

Adley shook his head. "Cita, I am not a Master but...that does not sound like a good idea. Not only would it put you at risk but if it is true that each of these parts of an avatar is somewhat...it's own, then you would be killing it to give it to Tobias. I do not know if that is right, if it is true that you said they seek to be put together. If you take one of the pieces away then there is less chance for it, or if it is a small avatar in its own you are destroying it as an individual. And wouldn't it also possibly change his own avatar?" He was trying to imagine it, the part of the avatar shard like a medicine, or a graft being attached. "Add to that, the danger to you..."

"That is how the blood bond to a vampire works, and yet when the withdrawal takes him he will happily slaughter his friend for his blood, he can not be allowed to see this vampire without someone there who can stop him...Prime and Mind effect should be able to sever the blood blond though, leaving behind just the natural friendship, I have the knowledge of Prime but not Mind...but perhaps Master Steelhaven who is quite renowned for his Mind magick can help?

"Yes, I hope that he can. This is becoming quite the ordeal. I do hope that it will help Tobias and his avatar. I suppose we should tell him the news, I will go get him. It would be nice if I was able to deliver some good news," he said. For a moment he looked tired and sorrowful, these last few days had been taxing even for someone who was generally steadfast. But he got up from the couch nonetheless and walked across to the kitchen and to Tobias, who he knew must be fretting.

"Tobias," he said, as he walked inside, looking at him. "I wish that I had better news for you but all hope is not lost. However, this is a critical period of time, so we must step quickly but carefully," he began.

//Let me know when we catch up in time with Colin, please TY

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:51 pm

"So all we can do for right now is what you told me a moment ago...at least until a healer can come here or we can go to Horizon?" He frowned and then asked, "Would healing his body with ars be beneficial? "

"Well right now he looks to be exhausted probably from pain and lack of sleep other than that he i physically mostly fine though others will be able to tell you more about that. But yes once the withdrawal start healing him with magick might save his life. For now good old fashioned rest to make him as rested and strong as possible for when it begins is what I recommend."

"Thank you for asking your contacts to come here. It's just that if he is in such a frail state then..."

"We have to try all we can to save him, and not just because we need every mage we can get but because his Avatar is more important than his physical body, it is his Avatar that is in a frail state right now, though when the withdrawal begins...they both will be."

"You are doing good work though Cita, very important work. I do hope that your prowess continues to grow and you can reach your goal. It would be of immense benefit."

"Thank you."
Cita said with a little smile.
"I hope I will be able to as well, but that is a long way of..."

Adley shook his head. "Cita, I am not a Master but...that does not sound like a good idea. Not only would it put you at risk but if it is true that each of these parts of an avatar is somewhat...it's own, then you would be killing it to give it to Tobias. I do not know if that is right,

"That is my biggest reservation, it would be killing a living spirit to give it to Tobias, I am not sure I have any right to do that."

if it is true that you said they seek to be put together. If you take one of the pieces away then there is less chance for it, or if it is a small avatar in its own you are destroying it as an individual. And wouldn't it also possibly change his own avatar?"

"They seek a host, I do not know if they seek to be put together but they do flock together when they can, but yes...there is a good chance such a graft would affect Tobias Avatar, it is not a good solution, but it is one that could potentially save him."

"Add to that, the danger to you..."

"Yes well, there is that. If the danger was only to my life I would risk it with few reservations, but it is not my body the shards would attack, I am not so sure I would want to risk my own soul, no it is probably not a good idea, but I am a healer Adley, not a healer of the body but of souls and at times I feel so helpless when there is just nothing I can do but wait and hope for the best."

"Yes, I hope that he can. This is becoming quite the ordeal. I do hope that it will help Tobias and his avatar. I suppose we should tell him the news, I will go get him. It would be nice if I was able to deliver some good news," he said. For a moment he looked tired and sorrowful, these last few days had been taxing even for someone who was generally steadfast. But he got up from the couch nonetheless and walked across to the kitchen and to Tobias, who he knew must be fretting.

Tobias was pacing back and forth on the floor when you go to the small apartment's kitchen, he stopped walking back and forth and looked at you when you went to get him, the boy looked pale and frightened.

"Tobias," he said, as he walked inside, looking at him. "I wish that I had better news for you but all hope is not lost. However, this is a critical period of time, so we must step quickly but carefully," he began.

"It is never good news when I am told to go somewhere and not overhear a conversation."
Tobias said then he sigh.
"Are the voices more sick that you first though Sir?"
The boy asked nervously.
"Can she still be saved?"
Tobias asked and glanced over at the Hermetic.

As you stand there in the kitchen you hear the soft pling of your phone letting you know you have a message.

(OOC: Yeah I mean let us just catch up, Cita would have been working for some time on the scan so let us say one and a half hours have passed and Adley just got Colin's message.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Colin you where moving in the direction of the library and the Council chamber when you hear quick steps behind you, if you turn to look you see Chief Morgan hurrying towards the meeting room, his affairs over at Lux Itineris must have kept him longer than expected and he was removing his coat as he walked not stopping to get it off as he was already late for the meeting. The stressed Hermetic gave you a short nod as he passed, but you saw relief in his dark eyes.
"I am glad to see you are alive and well and not on your way to Mecha with a one way ticket Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said, though he did not slow down when he spoke.
"Let your Cabal know you are not dead if you please."
He added as he reached the doors to the Council Chambers and opened them, giving a bow to someone inside, most likely George, as he did so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 pm

"They seek a host, I do not know if they seek to be put together but they do flock together when they can, but yes...there is a good chance such a graft would affect Tobias Avatar, it is not a good solution, but it is one that could potentially save him."

"Mr Lenoe thought he was saving Tobias by giving him his blood." He looked at the Master and then frowned. "Not that I am saying that you are acting in ignorance. You would know better than I what was being saved and the potential cost, just that it appears some solutions are as dangerous or moreso than their first causes, to me. What would happen to Tobias's avatar if...he didn't make it through the withdrawl? Is it so bad that it too would perish, or be...incomplete?"

"Yes well, there is that. If the danger was only to my life I would risk it with few reservations, but it is not my body the shards would attack, I am not so sure I would want to risk my own soul, no it is probably not a good idea, but I am a healer Adley, not a healer of the body but of souls and at times I feel so helpless when there is just nothing I can do but wait and hope for the best."

"I understand." And he did, since he was wrestling with a similar question, for different reasons.

"It is never good news when I am told to go somewhere and not overhear a conversation." Tobias said then he sigh. "Are the voices more sick that you first though Sir?" The boy asked nervously. "Can she still be saved?" Tobias asked and glanced over at the Hermetic

"Your avatar is very damaged but it is fighting as hard as it can to survive. There is still a chance that it can be saved, yes, but it will be hard and we need to follow Master Telar's instructions to the letter. You will need to rest here at the chantry until you are stronger and then get through the initial withdrawl from the blood. For now, you should only do simple magickal workings, such as sensing heat, we do not want you to accumulate any more paradox. We will have people here to assist you as well, of course, with ways to strengthen your avatar and body. And you will need to meditate at our node, which is a collection of magickal energy that we call Quintessence. I will try to show you how to do this, though if you have your own way..." He stopped as his phone chimed at him and he looked apologetically at Tobias. "Excuse me..." He took the phone out of his pocket and read the message, a look of relief appearing on his face. He typed a quick message and then put the phone away and then gestured for Tobias to follow him back into the room with Cita. "And there will be a specialist called or you will go to them, when you are stronger to continue your healing."

TXT: Colin: "Back home safely. Where are everyone?"
TXT: w/ T. B w/ A. Come to 3rd fl?

// no prob, just asking since I didn't know how long things had taken!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:58 pm

"Mr Lenoe thought he was saving Tobias by giving him his blood." He looked at the Master and then frowned. "Not that I am saying that you are acting in ignorance. You would know better than I what was being saved and the potential cost, just that it appears some solutions are as dangerous or moreso than their first causes, to me. What would happen to Tobias's avatar if...he didn't make it through the withdrawl? Is it so bad that it too would perish, or be...incomplete?"

"It is a good point Adley and yes I would be acting in ignorance, I know enough about Avatars to know just how little I know, and I do not know all the consequences of what I suggested, it would not be much different from what Mr Lenoe did, an action done with limited knowledge but the best of intentions, and unknown consequences."
Cita said then she sigh.
"I do not know what would happen to the Avatar if Tobias dies, it could be to weak to survive dislodging from the dead host and perish, it could survive but get lost, or it could make it to the Well of Souls as it should, with an Avatar this wounded, it is impossible to say for sure."

"I understand." And he did, since he was wrestling with a similar question, for different reasons.

Cita just nodded to that she did not seam like she liked the situation.

"Your avatar is very damaged but it is fighting as hard as it can to survive. There is still a chance that it can be saved, yes, but it will be hard and we need to follow Master Telar's instructions to the letter.

Tobias looked down he looked frightened but then he got a determined look in hi eyes.
"I will do what I have to so she will live."
The young mage muttered.

You will need to rest, physically rest, here at the chantry until you are stronger and then get through the initial withdrawl from the blood.

"I am not good at resting...the aching have gotten so bad lately that I seldom get to sleep, and not doing anything...well it is easier to push the pain aside when I keep myself busy, but I will try."
Tobias said then he shivered when you mentioned withdrawl from vampire blood.
"That part scares me Sir."
The young mage muttered softly.

For now, you should only do simple magickal workings, such as sensing heat, we do not want you to accumulate any more paradox.

"O...ok I can do that."
Tobias said and nodded.

We will have people here to assist you as well, of course, with ways to strengthen your avatar and body. And you will need to meditate at our node, which is a collection of magickal energy that we call Quintessence. I will try to show you how to do this, though if you have your own way..."

"Thank you...I do not know what I can do other than offer my thanks for now but one day I will repay you."
Tobias said.
"I have never really meditated before though."

He stopped as his phone chimed at him and he looked apologetically at Tobias. "Excuse me..." He took the phone out of his pocket and read the message, a look of relief appearing on his face. He typed a quick message and then put the phone away and then gestured for Tobias to follow him back into the room with Cita.

Tobias followed you he gave a small smile.
"It looks like you got some good news at least Sir."
The young mage commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Colin nodded to the rapidly passing Morgan. "Already did, Sir... I'll come by your office later, once your meeting is concluded. Let me know?"
Looking at Adley's response, he started walking towards Adley's apartment, casually typing out a message to Beatrice as well. "Nice evening for a stroll home from work. How much of the sociology lesson did I miss?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Jeffry nodded to Colin.
"Good, I will let you know Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said before he vanished into the Council room and closed the door behind him.

Beatrice sends a reply back.
"I have been in a ritual with my mentor healing our Marauder guest, just done but are a bit out of it from just the rush of energy used...so if I say anything weird, bare with me. Sociology lesson?"

There do not appear to be anyone answering at Adley's apartment though.

Adley you get a message from Amadeus.
"Mr Roth Hicks, the Marauder will live, I am placing her in the cell we use for Quiets, then I have to run to a Council Meeting, can you or one in your Cabal see Beatrice to her room, she did a good job in assisting me, but a rote lite this so far beyond her current abilities, have worn her out, and I do not have the time to aid her right now. Have you heard back from Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Colin frowned at the door, then reread Adley's message and shook his head. "I must be shaken up still... THIRD floor..."
Redirecting himself properly, he replied to Beatrice, "Ah, sorry about the damage I caused her... did she make it? And I was, of course, referring to Coawa's education on human dating practices."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Beatrice replied and her message read:
"You do not need to apologize to me, to her perhaps but not me, but then I would rather she be hurt than you, Adley and my mentor. Yes she is alive and will be fine but my mentor say she will need rest before she can be interrogated, he is off carrying her to the cell right now. Ah yes, well thankfully Coawa dropped that topic and I spend some time talking with him and Mr Karyak about Mage laws...I am not sure to how great a success."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:39 pm

"It is a good point Adley and yes I would be acting in ignorance, I know enough about Avatars to know just how little I know, and I do not know all the consequences of what I suggested, it would not be much different from what Mr Lenoe did, an action done with limited knowledge but the best of intentions, and unknown consequences." Cita said then she sigh.

He frowned. "If these shards try to find their own...host..." he said, clearly not thinking the term fit to him, "then to deprive it of existence deprives another host of their potential to awaken, at least unless another should find them. It sounds a very complicated thing with too many unintentional consequences to adequately consider. Then again, there is time that risks are beneficial, worthwhile, necessary."

"I do not know what would happen to the Avatar if Tobias dies, it could be to weak to survive dislodging from the dead host and perish, it could survive but get lost, or it could make it to the Well of Souls as it should, with an Avatar this wounded, it is impossible to say for sure.

"Then we should seek to strengthen them as much as we can."

"I am not good at resting...the aching have gotten so bad lately that I seldom get to sleep, and not doing anything...well it is easier to push the pain aside when I keep myself busy, but I will try." Tobias said then he shivered when you mentioned withdrawl from vampire blood. "That part scares me Sir."

"We shall help you Tobias as much as we are able."

Tobias said. "I have never really meditated before though.

"I'm not sure if the techniques that I know would be beneficial to you as some rely on many years of experience learning from my Tradition but we will see."

Tobias followed you he gave a small smile. "It looks like you got some good news at least Sir." The young mage commented.

"Thankfully yes, Colin has returned. I'm going to step out and speak with him a moment--"

Then his phone alert went off again and he fished it out, brow raised at the letter-like text. But it was not his pater, but Master Nassa. Still, he nodded at the phone as if this was a bit of good news as well.

Adley you get a message from Amadeus."Mr Roth Hicks, the Marauder will live, I am placing her in the cell we use for Quiets, then I have to run to a Council Meeting, can you or one in your Cabal see Beatrice to her room, she did a good job in assisting me, but a rote lite this so far beyond her current abilities, have worn her out, and I do not have the time to aid her right now. Have you heard back from Mr Wainwright?"

TXT: Colin just returned. We'll come for Beatrice.

He looked at Tobias and Cita. "If you'll excuse me for a short while, I need to check in with my cabal and assist them. But I will be back," he said to Tobias. Then he looked back to Cita, "Would you mind staying, perhaps explain some of what will happen?" He didn't want to leave him with that bad news in his lap all alone. "If you need to leave, then text me and I will return."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next