Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 am

Adley:

"I will too. But if I stood and argued, Gloria could die and we've got to get Tobias to the Chantry. Apparently one person too many in the car. I don't know why he gave me his weapon though," he said, sounding frustrated for a moment that he'd gone off even if he knew he hated crowds.

"It was not a bad call to let him go."
Amadeus said in a tone of voice that said it was almost physically painful for him to acknowledge anything the Hermetic had done as the right choice.
"Speed is of the essence now if we hope to get more information out of Gloria, and beside, while a Marauder like her who re enter physical reality to cause trouble is to dangerous to let live, she deserved at least a honorable execution and not to bleed out like an animal on the street."
The Verbena muttered angrily.
"As for why Mr Wainwright gave you his weapon, probably because it is loaded with Primium, I would feel better if he had it though, those bullets will kill a Technocrat just as easily as any other mage, not to mention a Nephandus and anything else that go bump in the night."

"I'd try calling him but if the place is about to be crawling with Technocrats maybe it's best I don't." Well at least the Verbena and he could agree on one thing. And he hadn't let Gloria hurt him even if it would have been all too easy to make it look like an 'accident.'

"It is best that you don't we do not want to lead the Union to him, I would hate to have to mount an attack on a Construct to get him back."
Amadeus said in a tone of voice that said that he would be likely to do just that to save a member of his Chantry.

"I need assistance." The way he said it meant he needed help immediately. "Walk with us?" He could feel the clock ticking down on Gloria and didn't want to stop to explain while on his way to Bee's room.

Narim simply nodded and walked beside Adley and the Orphan he said nothing yet, understanding the need for hastiness, so he imply listened.

"Narim, this is Tobias, he is an Orphan mage who has come to us by way of his vampire...friend Mr Lenoe. They have been targeted by the Nephandi. Tobias is here waiting to get help for a problem he is having with his avatar." He looked at the younger mage. "Tobias this is one of our Deacons, which means he is one of the people in charge here."

Tobias' eyes widened when he heard that Narim was one of the leaders of the Chantry and he gave a deep bow.
"It is an honor Sir...ehm Deacon...ehm...what is your title if I may ask Sir?"
The boy asked though he looked rather terrified, the leaders of Lenoe's society would not be kind to someone young an inexperienced who did not address them correctly.
"I am pleased to meet you Tobias, yes my title is Deacon but please just call me Narim."
The young Master of the Art said and gave the boy a friendly smile before he turned his attention back to Adley.
"A vampire you say, I have a feeling what the problem with Tobias Avatar is then, I hope he can be helped."
The Virtual Adept said in a concerned tone of voice.

He looked back to the Virtual Adept and frowned a little. "The vampire has came with us willingly and has not acted hostile to us. The Chief knows they are coming here," he added. "The vampire is in the trunk of Master Nassa's car which is currently in the garage, confined by the stake so he cannot move. He must be brought to the basement and put somewhere safe as soon as possible until we can deal with him, because there is another crises or two happening as we speak.

"I see, it is the Chief who have ordered the vampire staked then I guess? Well in his place I might have done the same. I can take care of getting him to the basement, my head is still a bit fuzzy but I can manage that at least."
Narim said then he nodded and sigh.
"Another crisis? when are there not the way things have been going lately, it seams like fortune is gunning for mages of late."
The Technomancer said as he fetched his smart phone out of hi pocked and pressed a few keys before he held the top of it against his dinner plate, the late and food flickered for a moment then it vanished and you saw a picture of the mac and cheese on the Adept's phone before he replaced it in his pocket.
"It seams my dinner will have to wait."
Narim said. Tobias though stared at the man's phone with eyes big with amazement and wonder, though he did not dare to ask what the Technomancer had just done.

The vampire needs an absolutely dark room, no sunlight at all, no reflected light, no way for light to get in at all. And ah, if it can be done without moving him as much as possible it would be better for him. Do not have anyone remove the stake unless he is heavily chained down in case he attacks out of rage. Can you find someone to transport Mr Lenoe to the basement?

Narim lifted one hand as Adley begun to describe what Mr Lenoe needed to be safe.
"I know Adley, I have two vampire allies, they have a similar role in their society as the Adepts have in ours, they are information gatherers, I have spent enough time with them to have a fairly good grasp on their needs. I will take care of it, I may not be fit to run a marathon but teleporting a person within the protective reality of this Chantry, that should not be to much of a problem."
The Virtual Adept said.

I have to get Beatrice, Master Nassa needs her to help heal the Marauder that attacked us on our way here. Which is the other crises, she's in bad shape but is subdued by cuffs."

"A Marauder oh my what will be the next thing? Porthos himself getting drunk and stumbling through our doors, it would hardly surprise me anymore."
Narim said then he nodded.
"I will go to the garage then and take care of this Mr Lenoe was it?"
The Adept said as he waited for one moment to see if there was anything else Adley had to say before he turned to leave.

You had now reached the hallway that contained Beatrice's room, there where no one else around right now, most was probably using these evening hours to either study or engage in your hobbies or chores, the Verbena however was likely to still be entertaining Tane and his wereshark friend though.

Colin:

Colin accepted Adley's knife in exchange, but not the gun - that, at least, he'd be able to talk his way out of possessing should anyone ask, and it was a good blade, too.
While he enjoyed his ale, Colin kept an eye on the TV, pretending to watch the game, but really looking for breaking news alerts about the evening's scuffle. Afterwards, satisfied the area was adequately quiet, he strolled home by way of a couple of detours while making sure he was not being followed.

The sports game on the TV was a baseball match, after a while though there came time for half time and in the news segment that followed a pretty African American news anchor announce the following sandwiched between a note about a boating accident in the Marina and some political scandal.
"Earlier this evening there where several explosives in a downtown industrial area, police are investigating the cause of the explosions but so far they are assuming someone planted sticks of dynamite in the ground as a prank. No people have been harmed in the incident, but a nearby building have received considerable damage. The police just made a statement that they have no suspects in the incident yet but that they hope to find the ones responsible soon."
That is all that was said about the incident.

The walk home is rather chilly but it go without any incident, you arrive back at Steelhaven one and a half hours after Adley and the rest got back.

(OOC: That is one observant Orphan.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 am

"As for why Mr Wainwright gave you his weapon, probably because it is loaded with Primium, I would feel better if he had it though, those bullets will kill a Technocrat just as easily as any other mage, not to mention a Nephandus and anything else that go bump in the night."

"Mine wasn't." He sighed.

"It is best that you don't we do not want to lead the Union to him, I would hate to have to mount an attack on a Construct to get him back." Amadeus said in a tone of voice that said that he would be likely to do just that to save a member of his Chantry

"That would put a damper on my plans for tomorrow."

"Another crisis? when are there not the way things have been going lately, it seams like fortune is gunning for mages of late."
The Technomancer said as he fetched his smart phone out of hi pocked and pressed a few keys before he held the top of it against his dinner plate, the late and food flickered for a moment then it vanished and you saw a picture of the mac and cheese on the Adept's phone before he replaced it in his pocket. "It seams my dinner will have to wait."

For his own part, he might have looked as surprised as Tobias as Narim put his food into his cell phone, or at least that was what it looked like to him. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I haven't even given you the whole story of it, just the preview."

Narim lifted one hand as Adley begun to describe what Mr Lenoe needed to be safe. "I know Adley, I have two vampire allies, they have a similar role in their society as the Adepts have in ours, they are information gatherers, I have spent enough time with them to have a fairly good grasp on their needs. I will take care of it, I may not be fit to run a marathon but teleporting a person within the protective reality of this Chantry, that should not be to much of a problem."The Virtual Adept said.

"Good, thank you Narim."

"A Marauder oh my what will be the next thing? Porthos himself getting drunk and stumbling through our doors, it would hardly surprise me anymore." Narim said then he nodded. "I will go to the garage then and take care of this Mr Lenoe was it?

"I would say that everything was being thrown at us but I would be concerned it would come literally true, having had a street tossed at our car moments ago," he said with a tinge of sarcasm. "Yes, Mr Lenoe. Master Nassa is still in the garage with the Maurauder," he cautioned. "Please be careful."

You had now reached the hallway that contained Beatrice's room, there where no one else around right now, most was probably using these evening hours to either study or engage in your hobbies or chores, the Verbena however was likely to still be entertaining Tane and his wereshark friend though

"Come, Tobias. Next stop." He knocked on the door sharply. "Beatrice! It's Adley. Please open up, it's urgent."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 am

"Mine wasn't." He sighed.

"No you are right, then I do not know why he would not take a weapon, perhaps something you should discuss with him, we can not afford to loose mages to foolish decisions, we are rare enough as it is.."
Amadeus muttered sourly.

"That would put a damper on my plans for tomorrow."

Amadeus gave a slight chuckle at that, then he remembered who had made the joke and gave an annoyed grunt and returned to watching the road.

For his own part, he might have looked as surprised as Tobias as Narim put his food into his cell phone, or at least that was what it looked like to him. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I haven't even given you the whole story of it, just the preview."

"Everything is just data, this handy little device happen to be as good at storing the data of an unhealthy evening meal as it is at storing Angry Birds."
Narim muttered as he saw two dumbfounded mages staring at his phone then he continue.
"You will have to tell me the whole story then Adley, when time permits, for now I think I know all I need to perform the tasks required."
Efficiency at least some parts of the Virtual Adepts had kept that trait from when they themselves where Technocrats and Narim's mentor had probably taught it's importance to him.

"Good, thank you Narim."

"I am glad to be of help."
Was all the young Master of the Art said.

"I would say that everything was being thrown at us but I would be concerned it would come literally true, having had a street tossed at our car moments ago," he said with a tinge of sarcasm. "Yes, Mr Lenoe. Master Nassa is still in the garage with the Maurauder," he cautioned. "Please be careful."

"I think the Gods must be displeased in us Adley."
The Virtual Adept muttered, he did not comment on the fact that many would think it odd that he a Technomancer was also a practicing Hindu.
"A street you say? Well that would be unpleasant to be hit by I presume...I do not think I have ever heard that one before."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned then he nodded.
"I will be, and once things calm down you owe me the rest of the story."
Narim said with a smile before he headed in the direction of the garage.

"Come, Tobias. Next stop." He knocked on the door sharply. "Beatrice! It's Adley. Please open up, it's urgent."

Tobias just nodded, this was allot to take in an process all at once, if anyone had planned a nice, gentle introduction to mage society for him, this was not it, the boy said nothing he just follows you, his eyes wide as he tried to deal with all the new information and situations.

Beatrice was in the middle of a conversation with her guests when there was suddenly a sharp knock at her door, the young Verbena gasped and for a moment her mind was back to the hotel room her mentor had rented on Horizon, and how the Security Council had rushed in and arrested her...D'Angelo...it could not be...then the young Verbena heard Adley's voice and she drew a sigh of relief though she was on her feet the next second, the only reason for him to call to her that sharply was if there was something amiss. Worried Beatrice rushed to the door and opened it.
"Adley what is wrong."
The young Verbena said, she tried to get her breathing under control but it was clear that the sudden sharp banging on her door had frightened her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 pm

((OOC: As Colin makes his way home, and i read all the posts, just let someone bump into Colin as soon as he gets back, mkay? He'll likely head straight for Morgan's office in any case, but it'd be good to have a clear picture of when in the subsequent befuddlement he arrives. Also, Loner Demeanor - did I earn a Willpower point back for going solo and making sure the car was not further tracked? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

As you get back to the Chantry and make your way towards Mogan's office, you find that the door is locked, it is possible the old Hermetic is in a meeting or that he is going is evening rounds. You do see the Euthanatoi Adjan Terach descend the stairs though, the tall, pale death mage is not someone you know well but he till nod to you when he see you.
"Mr Wainwright, you made it back safely there have been some rumors that your Cabal have been worried about you."
The Euthanatos said then he nodded towards Morgan's office.
"If you are looking for the Chief then I saw the door to the Council chambers where closed and heard voiced from within when I passed it, I suspect the Deacons are having a chat."

(OOC: Yes you can have a willpower point back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:40 pm

((OOC: I meant when everyone is at the same point in the timeline, rather than Colin being an hour and a half ahead of the rest - but sure.))
"Thank you, Mr. Terach. Do you know the whereabouts of Mr. Hicks? They were right to worry... Actually, come to think of it, you are of House Euthanatos, are you not? Named for the... final mercy one can offer, I believe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 pm

"Yes I am, though that is what the European faction among us call us though most of my Tradition call ourselves Chakravanti, not that the name matters much."
The death mage said then he nodded.
"Yes for some only the Good Death can help them, but my Tradition care more about fate then death however sometimes an obstacle have to be removed from fate's path."
Adjan said then he continued to answer the Orphan's question.
"Well there where quite a stir here earlier so I would suspect the Hermetic is either in his room resting or talking with the rest of your Cabal, I however am not sure, you could try his apartment."

(OOC: Ah sorry about that, but we might as well maneuver Colin into a place where he can meet up with the rest anyway.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Colin pondered for a moment. "I promised to see to it that a prisoner is not left to suffer... He will be tried on Horizon and undergo gilgul there. As such, I need a chaperone for the journey. Would you do me that honor, that favor? I'm neither asking you to kill nor to hold my hand, but Chief Morgan insists I should not go alone as an Orphan."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

The Euthanatos regarded you for a while he shuddered slightly when the prisoners fate was mentioned.
"The young Barabbi boy then I assume?"
Adjan muttered then he nodded.
"It is a noble task you have accepted, but know it is not easy to kill someone you are not engaged in combat with, it should never be easy to kill, but to take the life of a teenager to keep him from suffering, such a thing will stay with you, but then I hear you where once a solder Mr Wainwright perhaps you do not need me to tell you that."
The death mage nodded.
"I will go with you if you wish, Master Morgan is right that Horizon is not a safe place for Orphans, and you will have to expect harsh words and ill treatment, that I can not protect you from, I can however keep you safe from harm. I will be an honor to assist in such a mission of mercy."
The man said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Colin nodded, "The very one. It will not be the first time I've... offered that sort of mercy, even recently. At least in this case, there is the chance I will not have to take his life, but I still have to see for myself that he is not left to suffer. And thank you; I will inform Chief Morgan as soon as I speak with him."

As he headed vaguely in the direction of the Council Chamber, he sent a quick text message to Adley, "Back home safely. Where are everyone?"

((OOC: And THIS time, Colin can stay on hold until the others catch up. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Amadeus gave a slight chuckle at that, then he remembered who had made the joke and gave an annoyed grunt and returned to watching the road.

"Or maybe I should say, that would put a damper on -their- plans for the morrow."

"Everything is just data, this handy little device happen to be as good at storing the data of an unhealthy evening meal as it is at storing Angry Birds."

"I know you keep saying so Narim," he said, scrubbing at the side of his face. "Eventually watching you do things like that might lose their novelty," he said with a shake of his head and a small smile.

"You will have to tell me the whole story then Adley, when time permits, for now I think I know all I need to perform the tasks required." Efficiency at least some parts of the Virtual Adepts had kept that trait from when they themselves where Technocrats and Narim's mentor had probably taught it's importance to him.

"I will, though I think you'll be hearing it a few times before this is over."

"I think the Gods must be displeased in us Adley." The Virtual Adept muttered, he did not comment on the fact that many would think it odd that he a Technomancer was also a practicing Hindu.

"It is starting to feel that we've been cursed by someone proficient in ars fati."

"A street you say? Well that would be unpleasant to be hit by I presume...I do not think I have ever heard that one before." The Virtual Adept said and grinned then he nodded. "I will be, and once things calm down you owe me the rest of the story."

"Better than having a bridge dropped on us, thankfully we were well away from the Charleston river." Then he nodded. "I owe you more than that. I meant to stop by to see how you were, not give you more problems. See you later."

Tobias just nodded, this was allot to take in an process all at once, if anyone had planned a nice, gentle introduction to mage society for him, this was not it, the boy said nothing he just follows you, his eyes wide as he tried to deal with all the new information and situations.

He looked over at Tobias, gave him a nod to let him know that he was keeping an eye out for him but he couldn't spare the time to chat until he had help for the wounded.

"Adley what is wrong." The young Verbena said, she tried to get her breathing under control but it was clear that the sudden sharp banging on her door had frightened her.

"Your mentor needs you to help heal someone wounded by a Primium bullet, down in the garage. It is not one of ours, but a Marauder that attacked us and now restrained by cuffs. She is dying, please make haste."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:46 pm

"Or maybe I should say, that would put a damper on -their- plans for the morrow."

This time Amadeus could not help himself but grin, he disliked Hermetics yes but he hated the Technocracy more.
"And hopefully every day after as well."
The Verbena muttered.

"I know you keep saying so Narim," he said, scrubbing at the side of his face. "Eventually watching you do things like that might lose their novelty," he said with a shake of his head and a small smile.

"Well for me it is as...novel to see your mentor talk with Spirits though little number written on a piece of paper or Master Nassa knit a human body back together from the gravest wounds by cutting symbols into his own flesh. I guess we all have our little methods and tricks."
The Adept said and patted his phone.

"I will, though I think you'll be hearing it a few times before this is over."

"Perhaps I will, perhaps I will but hearing it from someone who was there will still be a good thing Adley."
The Technomancer said.

"It is starting to feel that we've been cursed by someone proficient in ars fati."
"Ah perhaps someone have pissed of old man Senex?Perhaps we should send some chocolates dipped in the villa Node to his apprentice to appease him."
Narim said in jest.
"But in all seriousness you can not look past the possibility, the Nephandi tend to be skilled with both fate and decay. Or we might just be unlucky, all on our own."

"Better than having a bridge dropped on us, thankfully we were well away from the Charleston river." Then he nodded. "I owe you more than that. I meant to stop by to see how you were, not give you more problems. See you later."

"Ah yes or a house, you could be the wicked wizard of the East and see if some brat will come and steal you shoes."
Narim joked then the lifted one hand to wave of Adley's concerns.
"It is no problem. I will see you later then."
The Adept said before he hurried to the garage.

He looked over at Tobias, gave him a nod to let him know that he was keeping an eye out for him but he couldn't spare the time to chat until he had help for the wounded.

Tobias glanced at Adley but he said nothing he just followed behind the other mage looking around with wide eyes.

"Your mentor needs you to help heal someone wounded by a Primium bullet, down in the garage. It is not one of ours, but a Marauder that attacked us and now restrained by cuffs. She is dying, please make haste."

Beatrice simply nodded she did not waste the time asking for details instead she just ducked back into her apartment and grabbed one of her ritual knives from their drawer in one of her cabinets and then paused just long enough to say to Tane and Coawa.
"Forgive me, I must go, I am terribly sorry I am a horrible hostess, I will explain later though. Mr Karyak thank you for the fish that was so thoughtful of you, please feel free to eat as much stew and bread as you desire...again sorry, someone are hurt."
The young Verbena explained then she gave Adley a glance before she ran towards the garage.

In the garage Amadeus had stripped down to his slacks and was carving symbols into his bare chest and arms, the primium bullet that had been embedded into the Marauder lay discarded to the side, now he had to heal her and that would take all he got for wounds caused by primium resisted magick. Beatrice did not need to ask any questions, she knew what her mentor would need, she had assisted him in rituals before. On the floor lay the Marauder woman, she was thankfully unconscious now though her breath was dangerously weak.
"Continue the carving on my back while I begin the incantations."
Amadeus said and Beatrice nodded, gently she pushed her mentor's long blond hair aside and then begun to carve ancient symbols into his flesh, letting blood flow down his back. The spellcasting was painful, but Beatrice knew from experience that her mentor was so intent on the energies he channeled into his rote that he hardly notice the sting of the blade slicing his flesh open.

One the runes was cut Beatrice knelt by her mentor's side and brought her blade to bare on her own arms and chest, she could not understand the complicated willworking Amadeus was weaving over the Marauder's wounds but she could help him raise energy, she could lend him her strength. One more slash of the knife completed Beatrice's own working, now hers and her mentor's life force was one, and the older Verbena could use both of their strength together with his knowledge in an attempt to save the Marauder woman. There was a rush like no other a Quintessence flooded though her, as it flowed out of her cut and wounded and was gathered into Amadeus' powerful rote.

Narim reached the garage and he had to fight not to gag when he saw the Marauder woman on the floor, her lower chest cut open as Amadeus had removed the bullet, and perhaps even worse where the two Verbena, drenched in blood who sat working their healing magick over the prisoner.
"Thank the Gods I don't do magick that way."
The Virtual Adept muttered under his breath quietly as to not disturb the Verbena. Narim walked over to the car the two Verbena sat next to and checked the trunk and quite right there wrapped in tarp he found a staked vampire. Narim quickly saw int the creature's eyes that he was lost in rage, or panic, or blood lust, it could be either or, there where not much reason in him right now at least.
"Calm Mr Lenoe, I will take you to somewhere safe, do not be frighted."
Narim whispered though Lenoe could not hear or understand him right now, then he picked up his cell phone and begun to work some magick of his own.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:22 pm

"Perhaps I will, perhaps I will but hearing it from someone who was there will still be a good thing Adley."
The Technomancer said.

"Yes, Narim." He didn't say yes sir, or yes Deacon but it was clear he understood that he wanted a first hand account and would provide it when he could.

"Ah perhaps someone have pissed of old man Senex?Perhaps we should send some chocolates dipped in the villa Node to his apprentice to appease him." Narim said in jest. "But in all seriousness you can not look past the possibility, the Nephandi tend to be skilled with both fate and decay. Or we might just be unlucky, all on our own."

"True enough, I will ask Colin what he thinks. When he gets back." A passing look of worry crossed his features.

After Beatrice got her things, he nodded back to her and then to her guests. Then took Tobias to go find his pater, starting in with office. Adley's mind was ticking off the list of things that had to be done and was not wasting any time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 pm

"Yes, Narim." He didn't say yes sir, or yes Deacon but it was clear he understood that he wanted a first hand account and would provide it when he could.

Narim smiles he seamed pleased that the Hermetic did not call him Sir but instead addressed him by name.
"Thank you, I will be down in the basement calming down our guest, and seeing if I can manage to make him more comfortable."
The Virtual Adept said, that statement though made Tobias grin and he even dared to look up at the Technomancer.
"Thank you Sir."
He muttered thankfully.

"True enough, I will ask Colin what he thinks. When he gets back." A passing look of worry crossed his features.

Narim nodded and smiles.
"It might be a good idea, just to be sure."
The Virtual Adept looked like he wanted to ask more about the concerned look in Adley's eyes, but there where no time for that, not right now.

After Beatrice got her things, he nodded back to her and then to her guests. Then took Tobias to go find his pater, starting in with office. Adley's mind was ticking off the list of things that had to be done and was not wasting any time.

You find Jeffry Morgan in his office, he was clearly waiting to hear news before he headed towards Lux Itineris to speak with his old friend and find out why he had beaten young Gwen half to death. Jeffry open the door for his apprentice when the younger mage knocks.
"Ah Adley, how did it go mea filius...is this the young Orphan you told me about?"
The old Hermetic said and smiles to Tobias.
"Come in both of you, let me guess, thing did not go completely as planned? it never do these days."
Jeffry said as he poured three cups of coffee and handed them out.

Tobias took the offered mug but he looks at you worriedly as to whatever he should speak or stay silent, in then end he just mutter a.
"Thank you Sir"
Before he looks down again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:46 pm

"Ah Adley, how did it go mea filius...is this the young Orphan you told me about?" The old Hermetic said and smiles to Tobias. "Come in both of you, let me guess, thing did not go completely as planned? it never do these days."

"Yes, this is Tobias." He looked at the younger mage and asked, "I do not even know what your last name is, if you can tell us please. Tobias...this is my mentor, the Chief of Security here, Master Morgan."

Adley took the coffee and scowled a bit as he leaned against the desk to tell him what had happened. "No, but we did bring Tobias and Mr Lenoe here and we are unharmed. Unfortunately, we also had to bring someone else, and Colin took his own way back. There was a tracking spell put on Tobias and Master Nassa unwove it, however it turned out that it was not directly the Nephandi. Instead, it looks like Lisa managed to contact that group of Maurauders in the Umbra after they were attacked. Based on what I learned later, my suspicions are that it was an entire set up, the Nephandi hit them and then came back for the survivors and made a deal to get the other one back pending exchange of the hedge mage and the names of those who killed them. Which was given as our Covenant and several descriptions of us individually, by the way, precipitating what came next."

He frowned. "When we were leaving, Master Nassa felt that she was coming...right of the Umbra and tossed chunks of concrete and street at the car until Colin shot her." He pulled Colin's gun that he was given and offered it out carefully. "Speaking of that, he asked me to turn this over to you, tell you he took one shot with the primium ammunition and to take the rest of the rounds." He continued, "She's a Diedne, Glorio Ceris ex Diedne filia Langgifu...Master Nassa is familiar with her," he said with a look. "He used countermagick so that I could get the cuffs that Colin brought on her, that was smart thinking of him. But she was wounded badly, the Verbena are trying to keep her alive as we speak, out in the garage. Meanwhile, Colin decided the car was too full. Hopefully he has spread to the four winds but it would be best not to call him given the Technocrats are going to put in a clean up crew and try to nail everyone involved." He finally took a sip of coffee. "And Narim is taking care of Mr Lenoe. Mr Lenoe has provided me an explanation of his needs, which I can fill you in on a little later, I think. Ah...and perhaps Tobias can assist us in that as well. He is of course concerned for his friend."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:40 pm

"Yes, this is Tobias." He looked at the younger mage and asked, "I do not even know what your last name is, if you can tell us please. Tobias...this is my mentor, the Chief of Security here, Master Morgan."

Tobias blushed and looked down.
"How how terribly rude of me Sir, I am Tobias Wagner."
The boy muttered he gave Jeffry a deep bow and looked like he was afraid the man would harm him.
"I am pleased to meet you Sir."
The boy said and your mentor gave a slight nod to the boy.
"It is good to meet you Mr Wagner, I am sure all of this is very new and frightening to you but rest assured that none on this Chantry mean you harm."

Adley took the coffee and scowled a bit as he leaned against the desk to tell him what had happened. "No, but we did bring Tobias and Mr Lenoe here and we are unharmed.

"Well that is a good start."
Jeffry commented wryly.

Unfortunately, we also had to bring someone else, and Colin took his own way back. There was a tracking spell put on Tobias and Master Nassa unwove it, however it turned out that it was not directly the Nephandi. Instead, it looks like Lisa managed to contact that group of Maurauders in the Umbra after they were attacked. Based on what I learned later, my suspicions are that it was an entire set up, the Nephandi hit them and then came back for the survivors and made a deal to get the other one back pending exchange of the hedge mage and the names of those who killed them. Which was given as our Covenant and several descriptions of us individually, by the way, precipitating what came next."

"Agent Kessinger said that the Void Engineers had noticed that a colony of Marauders in the city's near Umbra was missing and that her Construct later found the Mad Ones dead and mutilated in some ritual, most likely a Nephandic one, that is how the Union discovered the infestation."
Jeffry said as he sipped his coffee.
"I would not put it past them to lay the blame on someone else though, and then try to manipulate any survivors to do their dirty work for them."
The old mage grumbled.
"So they have one Marauder captive and one tricked into working for them, are that what you are saying mea filius?"

He frowned. "When we were leaving, Master Nassa felt that she was coming...right of the Umbra and tossed chunks of concrete and street at the car until Colin shot her." He pulled Colin's gun that he was given and offered it out carefully. "Speaking of that, he asked me to turn this over to you, tell you he took one shot with the primium ammunition and to take the rest of the rounds." He continued,

"Perfect, absolutely perfect. I guess it is good she was taken down though, but considering that this is a Marauder as you said, did her vulgar display cause you and the other much Paradox?"
Jeffry asked i a concerned tone of voice as he took the ammunition with a look of disgust in his eyes, there where many bad memories in Primium bullets like these for him.

He continued, "She's a Diedne, Glorio Ceris ex Diedne filia Langgifu...Master Nassa is familiar with her," he said with a look. "

"I said to myself this morning, I do hope a insane Diedne, I assume then you mean the Craft, not the Verbena faction, where to show up and toss pieces of ground at my apprentice, it would this whole mess complete. By the Gods if there are such a thing as fate it must really hate us."

He used countermagick so that I could get the cuffs that Colin brought on her, that was smart thinking of him. But she was wounded badly, the Verbena are trying to keep her alive as we speak, out in the garage.

"Good I would like to talk with this woman, perhaps she can lead us to Lisa Larson for I do not know about you mea filius, but I am really starting to loose my patience with that Nephandus and I will sleep a whole lot better when she is dead or captured. Let us hope the Marauder survives so she can be persuaded to tell us what she knows, if her madness is of a nature so she is able to interact with those around her that is."
Jeffy said then he sigh.
"It was quick thinking of your Cabalmate yes."

Meanwhile, Colin decided the car was too full. Hopefully he has spread to the four winds but it would be best not to call him given the Technocrats are going to put in a clean up crew and try to nail everyone involved."

"That however was not smart thinking of Mr Wainwright, after such a display of Vulgar Magick the union is going to be on high alert, as soon as this meeting is done I will have to send a warning to the other Chantries of Boston to be on alert for attacks and also advice anyone from going outside alone until things calm down. I agree though we should not call Mr Wainwright now, but such a move could very easily have gotten him killed."
Jeffry said and he got an annoyed look in his dark eyes.
"Well all we can do now is hope that he makes it back to Steelhaven safely."

He finally took a sip of coffee. "And Narim is taking care of Mr Lenoe. Mr Lenoe has provided me an explanation of his needs, which I can fill you in on a little later, I think. Ah...and perhaps Tobias can assist us in that as well. He is of course concerned for his friend."

"Good, Narim despite being a Technomancer have a kind nature and a pleasant presence, he would probably be good at calming the Massasa down."
Your mentor said then he looked at Tobias.
"I would like to know more about your friend Mr Wagner, and how we can make his stay with us as comfortable as possible given the condition we have to keep him in."
Tobias looked up, he gave the old mage a nervous look as if he was afraid the war mage would attack him.
"Ehm I...why do you have to keep him like that Sir he do not want to hurt anyone he..."
Jeffry sigh then he leaned back in his chair and regarded the boy.
"I am sorry Mr Wagner but a vampire are a danger to our kind and while Mr Lenoe might be a saint for all I know, none of the members of this Chantry will be able to rest easy know a vampire was wandering loose in the hallways."
The old mage said.
"It might be harsh but right now that is how it got to be, if your friend want our protection, I need to know those I have vowed to keep safe are in no danger, I would like to know how it might be made less bad for him though."
Jeffry said softly to the frightened young mage. Tobias sigh he looked on the verge of tears that his friend where going to continue to suffer but he pulled himself together and made some suggestions, at least they where better than nothing.
"Well they get terrified when staked this is due to the extreme survival instinct of their Beast, the baser drives inside of them if you will. In either case if you are entering the room he is in remember he can not turn his head, make yourself known and say that you mean him no harm. A bed is better than just to be placed on the floor. Now I do not know if Dennis experiences this but some vampires say the stake make them feel more dead, that they feel a grave cold seep into them. Now in an off itself vampires are not bothered by cold, not unless it get so cold that their blood freeze but some staked vampires seam to calm down a bit when kept warm, I do not know why. The Prince...the leader of the Kindred in the city have kept one staked for over 30 years now, Dennis visits him at times and he seam to feel better when he is kept warmer, this do not seam to apply to all of them though. Other than that the only thing you can do is to make sure he do not starve and that he is protected from fire and sunlight and that he is kept somewhere he feels reasonably safe. I guess a radio or something can help as well so he will have something to occupy his mind other than just thinking of how he is trapped in his own body."
Tobias looked sick with worry but then he scratched his head.
"Also making sure he is checked up on now and again so he do not have to spend all the time alone. I mean what you can do is google locked in syndrome and just imagine that but at the same time being in intense agony and being scared out of your wits, many of the recommendations for treating a human with locked in syndrome can also be applied to helping a staked vampire."
The young mage said and Jeffry nodded but then he looked a bit puzzled at you.
"What is googeling, the last part of your young friend here's comments make absolutely no sense to me Adley. Is it some damned technology thing he is talking about?"
Your mentor asked in a frustrated tone of voice, you had just barely managed to get him to understand how to send an email, and yes he typed in one finger and an expression on his face as if he expected the computer to explode at any moment, google was still beyond his grasp of technology.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Tobias blushed and looked down. "How how terribly rude of me Sir, I am Tobias Wagner."

"We hardly had time for basic courtesy, Mr Wagner," he admitted.

"Agent Kessinger said that the Void Engineers had noticed that a colony of Marauders in the city's near Umbra was missing and that her Construct later found the Mad Ones dead and mutilated in some ritual, most likely a Nephandic one, that is how the Union discovered the infestation."

"That's right," he said, nodding.

"So they have one Marauder captive and one tricked into working for them, are that what you are saying mea filius?"

"Yes, that's what I suspect at any rate. Though perhaps now she suspects that she was tricked. It is hard to tell, with her being a Marauder. She speaks as if she is still living the Schism War. In Latin and in the most formal terms."

"Perfect, absolutely perfect. I guess it is good she was taken down though, but considering that this is a Marauder as you said, did her vulgar display cause you and the other much Paradox?"

"I do not know specifically how much but I do not seem to be suffering from it. Yet."

"I said to myself this morning, I do hope a insane Diedne, I assume then you mean the Craft, not the Verbena faction, where to show up and toss pieces of ground at my apprentice, it would this whole mess complete. By the Gods if there are such a thing as fate it must really hate us."

"As Master Nassa put it, the one true Diedne living around here, a Maudauder Master of the ars, a member of ex-House Diedne who called me by the term sodalis and was banished 200 years ago by none other than Master Nassa himself," he said, frowning. "Though she is clearly not seeing the world as it is now, she can communicate well enough in Latin to ask to have he trial seen by a Queasitor and to plead to me to save her hedgewizard comrade Maya from the Nephandi but saw a crossbow instead of a gun."

"Good, Narim despite being a Technomancer have a kind nature and a pleasant presence, he would probably be good at calming the Massasa down."

He nodded at that.

The young mage said and Jeffry nodded but then he looked a bit puzzled at you. "What is googeling, the last part of your young friend here's comments make absolutely no sense to me Adley. Is it some damned technology thing he is talking about?"

"It is a way to search the mundane Wing...the internet...for specific information, like a library index system or a dictionary," he said, sounding used to explaining this sort of thing to him. Then he added to Tobias's account, "Mr Lenoe will need to be fed, he suggested half a liter of blood a day fed by needle or poured in of human blood but animal blood has less potency if used. As does that of supernatural beings which is more potent and is not recommended for many reasons. If he is not fed he will go into a comatose state within two weeks which is unpleasant, so we shall need to find a safe supply. He should not be unstaked without being heavily chained down to the floor or wall, or something heavy in case he goes into frenzy. And he should be given some way to communicate, for the sake of his mind. He can use telepathy but he is not sure if he can use it with the way he is. Perhaps the ars mens can be used in a similar way and to ease the pain.

"And as for Mr Wagner here...we will need to get him situated and explain the Chantry rules as well as quite a number of other things."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:40 am

"We hardly had time for basic courtesy, Mr Wagner," he admitted.

Tobias gave a slight smile at that, it had been hectic since he had met the mages.

"That's right," he said, nodding.

"Most likely this is them then, it is unlikely to be another group of Marauders living that close to the physical world, generally they prefer the middle and deep Umbra."
Your mentor said and nods.

"Yes, that's what I suspect at any rate. Though perhaps now she suspects that she was tricked. It is hard to tell, with her being a Marauder. She speaks as if she is still living the Schism War. In Latin and in the most formal terms."

"When Amadeus is done trying to ave he I want to see him about this woman, hopefully she is not that old, now granted it is easier for a Marauder to reach a thousand years than it is for the rest of us as the real barrier is Paradox not ability, but still magi reaching such an age is rare, I know of one, a Dreamspeaker they say is around twelve hundred, other than that no, however it is not beyond the realm of possibility she could be one of the survivors of the war, hopefully though she is not that old...and yes hopefully she will in some way realize the Nephandi have tricked her so it will be possible to get her to cooperate with us. I do however not think it is a good idea for you and I to present ourselves to her mentioning our House, not if in her mind she still think it is the time of the Schism War."
Jeffry said and sigh.

"I do not know specifically how much but I do not seem to be suffering from it. Yet."

"Hopefully it will not get to bad, after all we all suffer from a bit of Paradox now and again."
The old mage said but he sounded concerned, but then he was always concerned about your health and wellbeing.

"As Master Nassa put it, the one true Diedne living around here, a Maudauder Master of the ars, a member of ex-House Diedne who called me by the term sodalis and was banished 200 years ago by none other than Master Nassa himself,"

"There are some age to her then. The Diedne Craft are an odd bunch, they like no one and generally have nothing to do with other mages other than then Verbena at times."

"Though she is clearly not seeing the world as it is now, she can communicate well enough in Latin to ask to have he trial seen by a Queasitor and to plead to me to save her hedgewizard comrade Maya from the Nephandi but saw a crossbow instead of a gun."

"That is fairly common in a Quiet, especially a fairly light one, that the mad mage are able to interact with the world but to them everything get translated into their own view of things. I once found myself back to Horizon, the way it was in my childhood, I saw two suns in the sky, got my eyes hurt to as Horizon's suns are not so bright that you can not keep staring at them, in either case building became the places I knew from when I was a kid, the people I talked to dressed like is common on Horizon and so on, it was a discontenting but fairly mild Quiet."
Jeffry said and scratched his head.

"It is a way to search the mundane Wing...the internet...for specific information, like a library index system or a dictionary," he said, sounding used to explaining this sort of thing to him.

"Ahh, ehm that is probably practical, I much prefer a library though."
Your mentor said sounding rather doubtful to the notion that this googeling thing really was such a great thing to be doing.

Then he added to Tobias's account, "Mr Lenoe will need to be fed, he suggested half a liter of blood a day fed by needle or poured in of human blood but animal blood has less potency if used. As does that of supernatural beings which is more potent and is not recommended for many reasons. If he is not fed he will go into a comatose state within two weeks which is unpleasant, so we shall need to find a safe supply.

"I will leave finding a blood supply for Mr Lenoe to the Verbena, it is their area of expertise, I will talk with Master Nassa about it when I discuss our Marauder guest with him. We will keep him away from the blood of supernaturals then, do that include the blood of magi which might be all we have in a pinch?"
The old mage asked.

He should not be unstaked without being heavily chained down to the floor or wall, or something heavy in case he goes into frenzy.

"Very well that is noted."

And he should be given some way to communicate, for the sake of his mind. He can use telepathy but he is not sure if he can use it with the way he is. Perhaps the ars mens can be used in a similar way and to ease the pain.

"It should probably not be a problem for u to use our telepathy to communicate with him no. As for the pain, it is possible they say pain is mostly in the mind, however if he is in more agony than the physical injury would cause, and believe me being impaled is not always pleasant I have been run through by a sword, twice but that is a story for another time, in either case if it i more than physical pain then adding some Vim to a spell to ease it might word, not changing his supernatural nature but temporarily suppressing that part of it."
Jeffy sigh as he sipped a bit of his coffee.
"For some reason weaknesses tied to a given Awakened's supernatural nature, tend to be quite painful, or in other ways horrible, the fay's problem with iron, their changelings who can loose their magickal natures and become a sort of antithesis to what they are...our sensitivity to Paradox not to mention how damage to our Avatars feel. It seam to be the same story for most Awakened, whatever attack their direct, supernatural nature tend to be bad, perhaps it is nature's way to create balance for our powers."
The old mage muttered in contemplation.

"And as for Mr Wagner here...we will need to get him situated and explain the Chantry rules as well as quite a number of other things."

"I asked Mr Darehill to prepare a apartment for him earlier today, the one closest to the window on the right side on the third floor. It will be sparsely furnished but have all that he needs. Yes it do seam like Mr Wagner might be a bit overwhelmed at the moment having some questions answered and learning what is expected of him might put him more at ease."
You mentor suggested then he added as discretely as possible not to alarm the boy.
"Also Adley, I want Cita to have a look at him to find out how bad the damage is."
The old mage said glancing at Tobias with a worried look in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:33 am

...yes hopefully she will in some way realize the Nephandi have tricked her so it will be possible to get her to cooperate with us. I do however not think it is a good idea for you and I to present ourselves to her mentioning our House, not if in her mind she still think it is the time of the Schism War."

"I have already been told by someone today they didn't like me or my House, I didn't think it prudent to add another of them to the list unduly," he said wryly.

"I will leave finding a blood supply for Mr Lenoe to the Verbena, it is their area of expertise, I will talk with Master Nassa about it when I discuss our Marauder guest with him. We will keep him away from the blood of supernaturals then, do that include the blood of magi which might be all we have in a pinch?"

"I'm nearly certain it does include us, when I looked at Lenoe he looked like a human-shaped form of -matter- animated by vis and Lenoe himself thought it would be wrong to feed on Tobias. I wouldn't want us to have to feed him, there may be things that happen when a vampire drinks from us other than harm to him such as causing the rage. Regular human blood will be best, though I'm not sure how to go about that other than seeing if we can get some from the hospital, or a blood bank. As you said, best to leave that to the Verbena, maybe they will have an idea."

"I asked Mr Darehill to prepare a apartment for him earlier today, the one closest to the window on the right side on the third floor. It will be sparsely furnished but have all that he needs. Yes it do seam like Mr Wagner might be a bit overwhelmed at the moment having some questions answered and learning what is expected of him might put him more at ease."

He nodded. "I will take him there and show him where it is." He looked over at Tobias and gave him a very basic rundown. "While you are staying with us, you will be expected not to tell others that are not Tradition mages or our allies where this chantry is, who comes and goes and anything about this place in regards to its true nature. There are many enemies and that includes other magi, as you've just witnessed first hand. You should also not reveal yourself to those who do not possess the Gift such as sleepers, mortals who cannot access the magickal ars, nor bring anyone back here with you from outside that you have not made arrangements for with our leaders, such as the Chief. However, given the nature of your stay and that you have been targeted, that may be irrelevant other than Mr Lenoe who we already knew was coming. We shall explain more and a bit about what those voices you hear are as well. I'm sure you're interested in that."

"Also Adley, I want Cita to have a look at him to find out how bad the damage is."

"Certainly, shall I call her to let her know he is here and to set up an appointment?" Adley sipped the rest of the coffee and put the empty mug aside. "Are you still going to Lux Iternis later?" he asked.

// BTW, not ignoring Colin's text, just not sure what Adley's going to be up to an hour from now yet so I don't know where he will be!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:07 am

"I have already been told by someone today they didn't like me or my House, I didn't think it prudent to add another of them to the list unduly," he said wryly.

"Wise choice, and let me guess the one telling you of hi dislike for both you and your House was Master Nassa himself, that man have hate list a mile long and we are right at the top, just a notch under the Technocracy and Nephandi."
Jeffry said and shook his head.

"I'm nearly certain it does include us, when I looked at Lenoe he looked like a human-shaped form of -matter- animated by vis and Lenoe himself thought it would be wrong to feed on Tobias. I wouldn't want us to have to feed him, there may be things that happen when a vampire drinks from us other than harm to him such as causing the rage. Regular human blood will be best, though I'm not sure how to go about that other than seeing if we can get some from the hospital, or a blood bank. As you said, best to leave that to the Verbena, maybe they will have an idea."

"Well it is always better to err on the side of caution, regular sleeper blood then. I am disturbingly sure the Verbena know how to get that, or human blood in a pinch."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"I have never looked at a vampire with ars, but what you say mea filius do sound logical, they are in effect corpses animated by magick."
Jeffry said and did not include any derogatory about that condition, for Tobias benefit but he did look slightly disgusted.

He nodded. "I will take him there and show him where it is."

Your mentor nodded as he sipped his coffee.
"Excellent."

He looked over at Tobias and gave him a very basic rundown. "While you are staying with us, you will be expected not to tell others that are not Tradition mages or our allies where this chantry is, who comes and goes and anything about this place in regards to its true nature. There are many enemies and that includes other magi, as you've just witnessed first hand. You should also not reveal yourself to those who do not possess the Gift such as sleepers, mortals who cannot access the magickal ars, nor bring anyone back here with you from outside that you have not made arrangements for with our leaders, such as the Chief. However, given the nature of your stay and that you have been targeted, that may be irrelevant other than Mr Lenoe who we already knew was coming.

"That sounds very similar to what I am used to Sir, I shall do as you say."
Tobias said and nodded he drank some of his own coffee and smiles a little.
"Perhaps there are similarities between your society and that Dennis belonged to and which I was at the outskirts of as his ghoul..."

We shall explain more and a bit about what those voices you hear are as well. I'm sure you're interested in that."

The boy perked up and smiles.
"Yes I am Sir...I have been curious about those for a long time, they seam so real, as if they are not insanity or anything, but are well, another personality living inside of me, but not in a creepy exorcist way."
Tobias said and scratched his head.
"I always wondered if they where a part of what I can do, for I first heard them, load in my mind when Dennis wanted to Embrace me, I heard something scream no in my mind, and then there where fire in my hands, and my world spun, as if I knew reality as I knew it was a lie, that everything where malleable, it was a rush like no other."
The young mage muttered.

"Certainly, shall I call her to let her know he is here and to set up an appointment?" Adley sipped the rest of the coffee and put the empty mug aside. "Are you still going to Lux Iternis later?" he asked.

"Yes that is a good idea, call her and see if she can see to the boy as soon as possible, I will want to know his spiritual health."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes I am, in fact I am running late but I did not want to go before I heard how the retrieval mission where going, I am not staying long though as the Deacon Council will have to discuss what have happened to day, why where you wondering is there anything you needed over at our allies Chantry?"
Your mentor asked as he finished his own coffee and stood up, brushing of his clothes to look presentable as he did so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:30 am

"Wise choice, and let me guess the one telling you of hi dislike for both you and your House was Master Nassa himself, that man have hate list a mile long and we are right at the top, just a notch under the Technocracy and Nephandi."

He gave a short nod but also said, "And yet there is more story to that, I will tell you later."

"That sounds very similar to what I am used to Sir, I shall do as you say." Tobias said and nodded he drank some of his own coffee and smiles a little.

"Good. There is of course more to that but let's say that's a good start."

"Yes I am Sir...I have been curious about those for a long time, they seam so real, as if they are not insanity or anything, but are well, another personality living inside of me, but not in a creepy exorcist way." Tobias said and scratched his head. "I always wondered if they where a part of what I can do, for I first heard them, load in my mind when Dennis wanted to Embrace me, I heard something scream no in my mind, and then there where fire in my hands, and my world spun, as if I knew reality as I knew it was a lie, that everything where malleable, it was a rush like no other."

"They are real, Tobias and are indeed part of being a magus."

"Yes I am, in fact I am running late but I did not want to go before I heard how the retrieval mission where going, I am not staying long though as the Deacon Council will have to discuss what have happened to day, why where you wondering is there anything you needed over at our allies Chantry?"

"Other than telling our Mercere friend that her student is in the clear, no." There was a look of concern in his eyes though. "You were mentioned in specific as a description by the Nephandus along with most of the Deacon council. Do be careful in the event that our streak of bad luck is less to do with chance and more to do with hostile ars. Well, I won't keep you then. I'll stay here and see to our guest and wait for Colin to come back and word from Beatrice about Gloria. Until you return, pater." Then he said to Tobias, "You don't look like you brought anything with you, any clothing or personal items at all. We'll figure that out and also some food if you are hungry. Come."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 am

He gave a short nod but also said, "And yet there is more story to that, I will tell you later."

Jeffry nodded.
"Very well there will be time for that later."
The old mage commented.

"Good. There is of course more to that but let's say that's a good start."

"I have learned how to behave, not doing so would get both Dennis and me killed Sir so I have no problem taking directions."
Tobias said to reassure you that he would follow the rules presented to him.

"They are real, Tobias and are indeed part of being a magus."

"I am sort of glad that they are...I like those voices they feel...comforting to me, like if they are leading me somewhere or helping me or something...I do not know Sir I probably do not even know what I am talking about."

"Other than telling our Mercere friend that her student is in the clear, no." There was a look of concern in his eyes though. "You were mentioned in specific as a description by the Nephandus along with most of the Deacon council. Do be careful in the event that our streak of bad luck is less to do with chance and more to do with hostile ars.

"I will tell Miss Tarmen that or leave a message if she is out."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"It would not surprise me if the Nephandi want me dead though, in either case I will be careful mea filius. I would like to know who in our Chantry where described by the Nephandi, it is likely we are all a target but knowing who the Nephandi know about for sure could be useful."

Well, I won't keep you then. I'll stay here and see to our guest and wait for Colin to come back and word from Beatrice about Gloria. Until you return, pater.

"Thank you, I will talk with you when I return then Adley."
The old Hermetic said, he saw you and Tobias out of his office before he hurriedly left towards the garage.

Then he said to Tobias, "You don't look like you brought anything with you, any clothing or personal items at all. We'll figure that out and also some food if you are hungry. Come."

"I wanted to, but Dennis have always been worried about the Tremere, he say they have a method to trace a person by their items so he had me burn my clothes, all but what I am wearing, he have sent with me money to buy what I need though, he said he did not want the Tremere, if they suspected I was not a regular ghoul, to trace my items here when they realized I was slipping out of their grasp. I do not know what that was about but he said all it would take was if they had managed to do something to any of my clothes the last time I went with Dennis to one of the meeting places of the vampires, he have instructed me to burn this outfit as well as soon as I have bought something new. Dennis do not like the Tremere very much and I do what he say."
Tobias said and looked down.
"Are the Tremere like us as well? As for food I ate dinner before we left, I do not eat much of late though there i this constant...ache that comes from nowhere and it is getting more and more intense, it makes me so tired all the time and nauseous, but I am not here to complain so...thank you for the offer Sir."
The boy said and gave a small, nervous smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:32 am

I would like to know who in our Chantry where described by the Nephandi, it is likely we are all a target but knowing who the Nephandi know about for sure could be useful."

"The Nephandi woman described several members of the chantry to Gloria when she was telling her that it was us that hit their umbral regio. That is why she was using us for target practice, that and she wanted a hedge wizard though Tobias is not one, I assume it must have been some way to draw the goal closer," he said with a scowl.

"I wanted to, but Dennis have always been worried about the Tremere, he say they have a method to trace a person by their items so he had me burn my clothes, all but what I am wearing, he have sent with me money to buy what I need though...Dennis do not like the Tremere very much and I do what he say."

"That was very smart of him. Good. Although if he is that concerned by them I must wonder if he has gone afoul of them somehow. Do you happen to know what society of vampire he is? Or is he like you, to us, without one in particular?" He took him away from the security office and headed to the stairwell, towards his room. "The Tremere may have been interested in you simply as you are a mage and his ghoul."

"Are the Tremere like us as well? As for food I ate dinner before we left, I do not eat much of late though there i this constant...ache that comes from nowhere and it is getting more and more intense, it makes me so tired all the time and nauseous, but I am not here to complain so...thank you for the offer Sir."

"The Tremere are vampires. However there is a history...but that would be complicated to get into right now without the basics first." Then as he spoke about feeling ill, he said, "Yes, that is the blood addiction." He frowned. "We will get you help as quickly as we are able but you will try to need to eat regularly to keep your strength up." When he got to his own room, not far from Beatrice's he opened the door and gestured for him to come inside. "I will find you something to wear for now." He went to his bureau and pulled out some sweatpants and some T-shirts and then looked for a spare toothbrush and such. He looked at the clothing Tobias was currently wearing thoughtfully, wondering if it would be possible to keep them from being trackable in the chantry but use them later to turn any snooping Tremere into cinders. "It would be unwise for you to go out of the chantry without someone with you, Tobias. It's very dangerous out there right now. I will give you my phone number but be cautious in using it. Otherwise you can also try my room to see if I am around."

"Here," he said, offering out the items to Tobias and then leading him back out and to the third floor room, opening the door. "I am going to make a phone call and then return. Please make yourself at home...welcome to Steelhaven Chantry, Mr Wagner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 am

"The Nephandi woman described several members of the chantry to Gloria when she was telling her that it was us that hit their umbral regio. That is why she was using us for target practice, that and she wanted a hedge wizard though Tobias is not one, I assume it must have been some way to draw the goal closer," he said with a scowl.

"Hum...that is not good news...well if the Marauder survives we will have to ask her more about that in detail. Now as for a Hedge Wizard, no Mr Wagner is not a linear mage, however if Miss Ceris believe she is from middle ages, then that is what the Order called all magi not members of the Order of Hermes. Back then our Tradition did not know the difference between linear and Awakened magi, both used the same system of Hermetic theory it was just some seamed to have more potential and be better at spontaneous magick than others, so they only made a distinction between members of the Order and everyone else, Hedge Wizards."

"That was very smart of him. Good. Although if he is that concerned by them I must wonder if he has gone afoul of them somehow. Do you happen to know what society of vampire he is? Or is he like you, to us, without one in particular?" He took him away from the security office and headed to the stairwell, towards his room. "The Tremere may have been interested in you simply as you are a mage and his ghoul."

"I do not know if Dennis have had any issues with the Tremere, he just do not like them, but he might have. He told me to never go near them and never, ever let them know what I could do. Dennis is a Brujah if that tell you anything he want to make our society more just though unlike many of his Clan he want to create social change through teaching not through being a rebel."
Tobias said and scratched his head.

"The Tremere are vampires. However there is a history...but that would be complicated to get into right now without the basics first."

Tobias nodded at that and did not ask any more on that topic.

Then as he spoke about feeling ill, he said, "Yes, that is the blood addiction." He frowned. "We will get you help as quickly as we are able but you will try to need to eat regularly to keep your strength up."

"Thank you...I appreciate the help Sir, but can I ask one thing? Why? Among vampires a new member to their society will generally be killed if he or she do not have someone to protect them, very few would take a strange in like this and help them. Why are you and yours doing so much to help me?"
The boy wondered, he cocked his head to the side and regarded Adley as he waited for a reply.

When he got to his own room, not far from Beatrice's he opened the door and gestured for him to come inside. "I will find you something to wear for now." He went to his bureau and pulled out some sweatpants and some T-shirts and then looked for a spare toothbrush and such. He looked at the clothing Tobias was currently wearing thoughtfully, wondering if it would be possible to keep them from being trackable in the chantry but use them later to turn any snooping Tremere into cinders.

It probably would be possible to just make a ward around the clothes neutralizing their potential for being an arcane connection to Tobias and then use them for bait later, that should not be a complicated rote to do. You find a spare toothbrush. Tobias stand silently waiting while you find clothes his eyes wander a bit but for the most part he only stare at the floor.

"It would be unwise for you to go out of the chantry without someone with you, Tobias. It's very dangerous out there right now. I will give you my phone number but be cautious in using it. Otherwise you can also try my room to see if I am around."

"Yeah you do not need to convince me there is danger Sir, not after half a street was tossed at us. I will not leave without leave."
Tobias agreed.
"Thank you, I will only call if I absolutely need to."
The young man muttered.

"Here," he said, offering out the items to Tobias and then leading him back out and to the third floor room, opening the door. "I am going to make a phone call and then return. Please make yourself at home...welcome to Steelhaven Chantry, Mr Wagner."

"Thank you Sir, I will change my clothes, what do you want me to do with what I am wearing now? Burn them?"
Tobias asked on his way into his new room.
"Steelhaven is the name of this place then? Hum...the Tremere also call their houses for Chantries."
The young mage muttered, he waited for a reply then he went into his room and closed the door to change his clothes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Back then our Tradition did not know the difference between linear and Awakened magi, both used the same system of Hermetic theory it was just some seamed to have more potential and be better at spontaneous magick than others, so they only made a distinction between members of the Order and everyone else, Hedge Wizards."

"Ah, I see. Why are they after linear wizards and not awakened mages, unless they'd prefer to send them through the cauls and increase their number, or kill us and get us out of the way," he said with a grim expression.

Dennis is a Brujah if that tell you anything he want to make our society more just though unlike many of his Clan he want to create social change through teaching not through being a rebel."

"They're called Clans? Very well...Brujah I do not know of them, but it is a start. Hm, that explains why he is a philosophy professor. What kind of social change?"

"Thank you...I appreciate the help Sir, but can I ask one thing? Why? Among vampires a new member to their society will generally be killed if he or she do not have someone to protect them, very few would take a strange in like this and help them. Why are you and yours doing so much to help me?"

"It is true that a lone mage like yourself might find yourself killed by some other mages or supernaturals and even regular sleepers if one should reveal themselves to them and they react badly. If you recall what Colin said in the car, there are factions among us and within those, more divisions still. In general though there are the Mauraders, which you just saw, they are mages that have gone mad and are a potential threat to everyone. There are Nephandi, who are...like the one that attacked and staked Dennis to find you. They are called the Fallen, having given, sold or been coerced into allowing their powers to come into the influence of...darkness. I will explain more of them later. Then there is the Technocracy, a union of mages that are bent on control and eradicating all those that use magick and not 'enlightened science,' in other words, they are technomancers that use science and technology and wish to stamp out all other ways of working, such as mysticism. Then there are the Traditions, of which there are currently nine major groupings. Then there are what we call Orphans, which are magii that awaken spontaneously through events that trigger them, without any influence or specific teachings from others, such as yourself. I and my pater are part of the Order of Hermes, which again is broken into many Houses within itself, for we existed before the Traditions were founded. Master Narim is a Virtual Adept, one of the newer Traditions, and he is a technomancer but his group are no longer part of the Technocracy.

"So....all that being said, the reason that we try to spare those that are awakened and not hostile is that magii are rare. It is not like being made a vampire, one cannot generally make someone awaken but lead them to the path and help them and see if awakening manifests. It does not always and sometimes people will learn what we call linear magick but not True magick, and we call them hedge wizards or linear mages. The difference between them you spoke of when you talked about your awakening, that rush and ability to manifest fire. When you awaken, your avatar...those voices within you, becomes an active part of your path."

"Yeah you do not need to convince me there is danger Sir, not after half a street was tossed at us. I will not leave without leave."
Tobias agreed. "Thank you, I will only call if I absolutely need to."

"You don't have a phone..." Adds it mentally to a list. "It was a good object lesson if nothing else," he said wryly at the comment about the danger."

Thank you Sir, I will change my clothes, what do you want me to do with what I am wearing now? Burn them?" Tobias asked on his way into his new room. "Steelhaven is the name of this place then? Hum...the Tremere also call their houses for Chantries."

"I have an idea for them, for now just keep them and give them to me." Then he went out and called Master Telar.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next