Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane:

5 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane: Empty Posts for Tane:

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Here I will post a copy for posts related to Tane so that he can catch up and not have to read all the other threads. Then he can just reply in the regular gaming thread and I will reply there but copy paste both my and another's posts here so he can keep track.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Posts for Tane: Empty Re: Posts for Tane:

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Wednesday afternoon:

I shall ask Mister Narim and see what he says. smiled Tane.
Well, i suppose i should go now and ask him, before going with Hildegaard. Said tane giving a hand out I hope we see around, then.

"He might be in his room and not his office today, Master Sharaya I mean, there where some trouble with Paradox last night I heard."
Adjan said before he took your hand and shook it.
"Until we meet again, do take care of yourself Mr Karyak."

Wednesday afternoon Tane's place:

Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?

"Mostly spy for her...finding young mages for her to capture, I am sorry I never wanted to do those things...she also killed several of Gaia's children, forced me to entice them from their pack where she could get at them in manageable numbers, I will eventually pay for my crimes I know."
The Umbrood said sadly.
"That mage is a horrible woman...horrible..."

Wednesday morning:

My mother always said that it was more about the wide than the Length Said Tane laughed Some have short of thin avatars. Some just can't get it Up.

Lily giggled at that then she asked.
"So someone can be joined together though their Avatars to? You said some had twin Avatars? Is that like conjoined twins just with their souls?"
The girl asked wide eyed.
"It seams the wold is weirder than I would have ever imagined."

It's not that weird. Mine is a God, or takes that form, so it has it's own voice and sings his own songs. He has talked to others, and he has little trouble with it, but i wouldn't show him to anybody. For now it's just my brother and my Cabal or the little group i'm working with.

"A God no less, and I get a dog....hum..."
The young woman say then she smiles a little to show that she is joking.
"You have to excuse me, but this is all very strange to me."
The young woman said and she looked rather overwhelmed and confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Tane

Wednesday afternoon:

I shall ask Mister Narim and see what he says. smiled Tane.
Well, i suppose i should go now and ask him, before going with Hildegaard. Said tane giving a hand out I hope we see around, then.

Adjan shake your hand and nods.
"I am not sure where Narim is at the moment, but if you ask around I am sure you can find him, he have an office on the second floor, the third door from the stairs."
The Euthanatos explains.

Wednesday morning:

My mother always said that it was more about the wide than the Length Said Tane laughed Some have short of thin avatars. Some just can't get it Up.

Lily burst out laughing at that.
"Well that is one way of putting it. I do think I understand though."
The young woman says.

It's not that weird. Mine is a God, or takes that form, so it has it's own voice and sings his own songs. He has talked to others, and he has little trouble with it, but i wouldn't show him to anybody. For now it's just my brother and my Cabal or the little group i'm working with.

"Well Yes it do feel like a personal thing...and I mean if it is part of your soul then it do not get much more personal."
Lily said and nodded.
"I understand that is not something you want everyone to see.

Thursday night:

The night from Thursday to Friday you slept uneasy, and you did not know why, there was something wrong, but what was hard to say. Coawa was out swimming, he was not happy unless he spent some time with his own kind in his shark form, the water got a little to cold for the wereharks this time a year for them to live in the water permanently, but not to cold to go for a swim, so at first you might be worried that your unease come from a fear that something have happened to your friend, but a few hours later the Rokea came back into the small apartment you share and you hear him going to his room and going to bed...your unease do not stop though. Finally you fall asleep but the next morning you can hear your Avatar speak in your mind.
"They tried to kill a soul tonight, I can feel it..."
You have been told your Avatar tend to be more active than most of it's kind so it is not that strange it have felt something, or that it would share it, you also feel that your Avatar was worried and wanted to help.

Friday morning:

You wake up a bit weary from your uneasy feelings last night, but for a while your morning go as usual, you and Coawa have breakfast and you get ready to go out patrolling the beach and harbor area when your phone rings. You do not recognize the number who is calling though it might be someone at the Chantry for other than Coawa, and the other weresharks not that many other than Steelhaven have your number.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:42 am

Wednesday afternoon:

Tane greeted Adjan and went seeking for the Master Narim's room. It was a little strange to think he'd go to the master's room, but... well, it was important.

You find the right room and knock on it and the door is soon opened by a handsome Indian man, he looks to be in his early thirties with black hair and eyes. The man was wearing a red tunic and a caste mark on his forehead.
"Yes...how may is help you?"
The man said a bit puzzled then he smiles as he recognizes you.
"Ah Mr Kayak how are you settling in?"

Wednesday morning:

Not Twin, Thin, little, almost imperceptible. Shapeshifters have communal avatars and totems, that's a little more alike what you're thinking but i know little about the matter. He said with a smile. Clever girl.

"So other...ehm creatures have Avators to?"
Lily said then she sigh.
"Well I am still trying to get used to the idea that such things exist than worrying about how they function spiritually."

THose were gods, too. My avatar has not many worshippers now, wither. Yours at least has organizations to protect it.

"I am not so sure PETA is going to protect ghost dogs living in my soul. But I like his form, I am not so sure I could relate to a God, dogs however, those I have been around all my life."
Lily said and smiles.
"They are magnificent beings, powerful and beautiful and always loyal."

Thursday night:

What does that mean, Gandyja? Is beatrice Ok? is the only one he could have think of, least they founded the fucking monster of nephandi.

Your Avatar did not answer but it was angry and it was frightened as if it had witnessed something that upset it greatly.

Friday morning:

Hello? ASked nervously Tane.

"Good morning...is this Tane Karyak? I had to ask for your number from Narim Sharaya. My name is Amadeus Nassa and my apprentice have asked that you will be informed..."
The man on the other end said, waiting for you to confirm your identity before he said anything mage related that might freak out a sleeper in case he had the wrong number.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:46 am

Tane answers
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am

More posts for Tane. Smile

Wednesday afternoon:

Ah, hello Master Narim. Quite fine, thanks. I'm bothering you because i needed your help in an auspicious matter. I have found a newly awaken girl in the beach. I explained crudely what was happening to her and confirmed that she is awakened. I want to ask you if she can start training here, in this chantry. New mages are always good to come by, and i think that, this way, we can see if she has been influenced in any way by the nephandi.

Narim raised an eyebrow then he smiles.
"A newly Awakened one? Yes...yes off course bring her here, new mages are like you said always a good thing, and I am sure one of our Masters or Adepts will take an interest in apprenticing the woman, after all there are always far fewer potential apprentices available than there are magi who desire to pass on their knowledge."
The Virtual Adept said then he looked concerned.
"Do you have any reason to suspect this woman is influenced by the Nephandi Mr Karyak? Though with the current crisis I guess everyone should be suspected sadly enough."

Wednesday morning:

Yeah, you'll learn eventually. You see, only when you have no more need of air you will have no more need of learning, so let's give it a rest.

You could give it a body and then it would be a dog.

"Well I guess that yeah if this being have taken a form to best communicate with me then a big black dog is a good choice."
The young woman said then she added.
"I have to go soon though my friends will be getting impatient and I have to get to school, but what if you call me and we can meet again...and thank you, I will not say I am less confused, for it is more the opposite but I have learned something at least."
Lily said and smiles.

Friday morning:

You get the phone call on you way towards Steelhaven.

I'm him. Beatrice has spoken of you before, how is she? Have they done it? I felt it yesterday, in my soul. A scream, the breaking of a glass, a turmoil... he felt terribly of not bieng able to help her of be for her. She had talked about him before, the day they went over to have dinner.

"They tried..."
Amadeus said and he was silent for a moment before he continued.
"They started the ritual and did some...damage but members of her Cabal managed to stop it, but she is hurt Mr Karyak, wounds to a mage's Avatar is...painful, and there is not a thing to do about it."
The old mage swallowed hard then he continued.
"Before the ritual, when I spoke with her, Beatrice asked that her Cabal be informed but that you should be informed last, something about you having said you would stop it by running Vittoria D'Angelo through with a magickal sword and my apprentice did not want to risk you following through on that promise and getting yourself executed for it."
The old mage said and sounded like he did not think running Vittoria D'Angelo through with a sword would be a bad idea.
"In either case I am informing you now. Beatrice is still a mage...but she is hurt badly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 am

Wednesday morning:

I'll call you tomorrow around this time of the day, or whenever i got news, ok? tane was happy of heping someone, more if it possibly meant he could put her out of her missery. Sleeper's cruelty was not to be underestimated.

Lily nodded she smiles.
"Ok I will talk to you then...goodbye."
The girl said and gave you another smile before she ran up the beach to rejoin her friends who clearly was wondering what had taken her so long.

Wednesday afternoon:

NO, i don't, not directly. But today i helped a Spirit that was following us in the airport. It had some kind of spiritual parasite that made it follow us and do bad things in general in the service of the Nephandi. This girl has some knowledge of spirit magic, so she might have came across another servant of the Nephandi. I don't know yet if she has more or not, so i think we should run some tests and see if she has any influence.

"Very well, that seams prudent enough, as long as we do not make this new mage feel suspected and unwelcome, we need all the Awakened we can get, and we are her own kind, we should welcome her with open arms."
Narim said and nodded.
"But some subtle tests should not harm, and better to be prudent than regretting it later."

Friday morning:

What! How is that... ARGHHHH!!! Anger and regret bubbled in his chest. He was not there to help her, not even to hold her hand and whisper a song for her. He was ashamed of himself, and angry that they could not see. How blind can a person be? I would, and i won't let the ocassion pass again. WOuld she heal? what could we do for her?

"The Traditions are at times backwards in our customs and laws, one backhanded law got the whole thing started, another stopped it, that is how it could happen."
Amadeus said sadly.
"According to Master Cita Telar, one of the Traditions furthermost experts on Avatars Beatrice will heal, however her Avatar was nearly cut in two, she is in horrible pain and have to be restrained so she do not try to use magick, which could damage he soul in the fragile state it is in. I do not know what can be done for her, currently none of us manage to convince her for long that her Avatar is still there, she is terrified. I know of no remedy for the pain she is in. Master Telar last night spoke of the need to take samples from another Fallen Avatar of the same Essence as Beatrice as she can not make the spirit matter our souls are made of, but she can use existing ephemera to heal, last night none could be found and Adley Roth Hicks was the donor for what Telar needed to save Beatrice, but perhaps if she had access to a Nephandus with a Primordial Avatar she could do more...other than that all she said was that the bloody wraiths might have medicine to dampen Beatrice's pain but they are not easy to deal with...and neither negotiating with ghosts or going Nephandi hunting is something I would send a Disciple out to do, so I do not know what to do...if you want to visit her though I am sure she would appreciate that, but keep in mind that she is fragile and pretty out of it."
Amadeus said and you could hear the fear and worry in the old mage's voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:09 am

Wednesday afternoon:

I think that if we explain the situation she'll understand. Also, we wouldn't need so much security since i would prefer that we show her a member of all the traditions we got so she can choose her own. Given that, she'll be in front of many people, it was to be safe.

"Well we can try, but at the same time if she is welcomed with suspicion, that might make her less inclined to trust us, I mean I have not experienced this myself of the Adepts that was once a part of the union had this problem all the time that in the beginning other mages met them with suspicion and even if it i understandable it is still not a good feeling."
Narim said calmly then he sigh.
"Unfortunately Mr Kayak that is generally not how it works not all of the Traditions have Adepts and above ready to take apprentices in this Tribunal, much less this Chantry, generally the girl have to be assessed for talent and then we present her for some potential teachers, or some who have heard about he offer her an apprenticeship, but generally while her wishes of course will be respected and she is free to refuse and leave, it will be hard to just have a line up of Traditions ready for her to choose from."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Friday morning:

Then i can help her. I'm fairly used to relating with ghosts and spirits of any sort, wraith could help us get the medicine, and i can negociate with them.

"One ghost is not a problem Mr Karyak but what we are looking for are rare and hard to come by supplies, we need medicine, in this case pain killers that have crossed over and become spiritual, this can happen to physical items in areas of great emotional outbursts or great destruction, so for example a clinic burning down. Wraiths collect these items and trade them amongst themselves and unless the ghost you contact happen to have some on hand, and most do not, then you have to deal with their society and that can get complicated. Now if you wish to do so I will be grateful, but it would not be right to ask you to do such a thing without you knowing what you are getting yourself into and the Wraith Hierarchy are not a easy group to deal with for something that might help."
The old Verbena warned.

In the other hand, i can show her her avatar, maybe that can tranquilize her.

"Oh yes you are the one with the special touch with Avatars I have heard so much about..."
Amadeus muttered then he said.
"Well the problem is that Master Telar have said Beatrice can work no magick, not even simple sensory magick right now for her Avatar is so fragile, you would have to show your method to her first for her to judge if it is safe or if it would put a strain on Beatrice's Avatar, but if she consider it safe then that might indeed be a way to get my apprentice to feel safer and calm her. What if you meet me at the Chantry and I will speak with Master Telar on if she will have a look at this method of yours, if you are willing and you will demonstrate on me, not that I particularly want anyone to see my Avatar but it is worth it if this is actually a method that can help my apprentice and if Master Telar say it is safe then I will accept your help with thanks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am

Wednesday afternoon:

It's the Reality. The nephandi used spirits as agents and was there looking in the mall for a young mage... IT is what it is, and i wouldn't like to lie to her.

"Yes but that do not mean we should suspect everyone who can communicate with spirits. But yes asking her some questions do not hurt."
Narim said.

Friday morning:

Wait! Coawa can easily come and go with painkillers to the spiritual world. I need to go and have a chat with Mister Telar. he could also go and pass the painkillers but it was much more complicated.

"So can I it is not a problem brining something from the physical world into the Umbra but that is not what I am talking about Mr Karyak...have you ever been in the penumba? Have you seen how some things have a spiritual representation there? It have become ephemera, that is what I am talking about."
The old Verbena explained.
"Yes speaking with Master Telar might be a good idea."

Ok, i'm getting there. Wait for me in the entrance. After a couple minutes, Tane got to the Chantry. Amadeus Nassa i presume? Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Take me to the Master Telar, and let's tlak once beatrice is better.

In the entrance hall you see a tall, clean man with waist length blond hair in a ponytail and sharply blue eyes, the main wore a white tunic and blue jeans and looked like a hippie. The man inclined his head towards you.
"Yes I am Amadeus Nassa bani Verbena nice to meet you Mr Kayak"
The man said, he seamed tired and worried.
"This way I have set up an appointment with Master Telar.

Amadeus leads you through the Chantry until he get to a room on the third floor, he knocks on the door and a small thin woman with short brown hair streaked in blue, a green shirt and black pants with several sets of big pockets open the door, the woman looks hardly more then twenty five, though that do not matter that much to mages, the woman had green jelly bracelets on one wrist and a plain but stylish silver locket around her neck, she looked more like a street punk than a Master of Spirit and yet Amadeus presented her to you.
"Mr Karyak, this is Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts."
He say and Cita give you a smile.
"Hello, it is nice to meet you."
The technomancer said in a friendly tone of voice, though she to looked rather tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Wednesday afternoon:

I'm not taking any chances. Ok then, i'll ask her wen she can come and i'll give you a heads up. Other matter ¿how can i get in the class of another mages? i'm willing to learn but i've seen no schedule around.

"There are not allot of classes at the Chantry. I know Master Nassa held one in the healing arts for a while, and Adjan one of our Euthanatoi run a knife fighting class, and well then we have the classes on spirit communication you are going to teach, anything else you will have to negotiate out for yourself."
Narim said then he nodded.
"I am not so sure the newly Awakened one will understand what exactly you are asking their though as a Nephandi spirit might not be that easy to recognize, but you can always ask her."
The Master of the Art said.

Friday morning:

Hello, master Tellar. Tane Gave out a big broad hand. Could you please go out? I wouldn't like to disturb Beatrice. Said Tane, that grew worried as he got to the place.

"Call me Cita."
The Spirit Master said.
"Everyone do."
She said as she shook you hand then she pointed down the corridor.
"Beatrice is in that room over there, this is my room while I am here so this apartment should be fine."
She said. Amadeus nods.
"Yes I left a visiting member of our Coven to watch over Beatrice while I went to introduce you to Master Telar Mr Karyak, but I do not want to leave her side for long so we should hurry with what we are doing."
The Verbena said impatiently.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Or to explain where everyone is. Amadeus went to meet Tane at the entrance to the Chantry then he took him to Cita Telar's room so they are not at Beatrice's room right now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:31 am

Wednesday afternoon:

I see then. WHo can teach me about Mind, then? DO we have any Akashic Brother in the chantry?

"We do indeed have an Akashic Brother in the Chantry a Disciple, I will be glad to introduce him to you if you think you can understand his Paradigm."
Narim offered.
"I study Mind myself to some proficiency but I doubt you will understand mine and I am about to take a student, a young woman who is now very near her Awakening. Our leader the Deacon Primus George Steelhaven is at least an Master of Mind and I am sure there are others. What if you put up a note down in the common room saying you are looking for instruction, what types of Paradigms you can understand what what you can trade for such tutoring."
The Master of the Art suggested, then he nodded.
"Well do explain to her then I will leave that to you Mr Karyak."

Friday morning:

AH, sorry, i though you have brought her here. Tane nodded and they all entered. Upon entering, Tane said Well, i'm here to help.

"We thought it best she stay in her own bedchamber where she feel the most safe."
Amadeus said and Cita nods.
"Yes and I have another patient in bad condition so I can not stay with her all the time unfortunately, a young Orphan in the final stages of vampire blood poisoning, if you know what that do to a mage."
The Virtual Adept explained.

I can show Beatrice her avatar, and i'm a dreamspeaker, so i have some relation with spirits, if we need their help. I also have a friend back home that's a wereshark, he can pass to the Umbra with painkillers, give them to a friendly spirit i know off and it can bring the painkiller to the penumbra. At least i think.

"Hum...you can show Beatrice her Avatar?"
Cita asked then she said.
"The question is can you do it without using powerful magick to force it to manifest? For doing hat to it right you can damage it severely in the weakened state she is currently in."
The Master of the Art said then she sigh.
"A wereshark no less, I am afraid that will not help though, there is the thing I can lump this chair here into the pen, near, middle or deep umbra and bring it back, it will still be just a chair, it will not have become spirit. However perhaps if someone was tied down and tortured in this chair or some amazing discovery that shaped human existence was done by someone sitting on it then it would get an existence in the Umbra, it would get a spiritual representation of itself, that is what we are looking for. If it was just brining painkillers into the Umbra that would not be a problem, I repair Avatars and spirits for a living, it really would not be a problem, however that is not enough, the painkillers would have to be spirit completely and that can only happen if some event have made them so. Now the wraiths have such supplies, however they have never been very willing to share."
Cita explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:46 am

Wednesday afternoon:

Narim smiles and shook his head.
"No there is nothing I need at the moment Mr Kayak but thank you for asking."
The young Master of the Art said politely.

Friday morning:

Not a clue about vampires, but i know most are up to no good. He had learned about their Qyrl part with Coawa, and even if not everyone were bad, most should be.

"Filthy unliving things."
Muttered Amadeus under his breath but Cita gave a slight laugh.
"I am sure they would think we are up to no good as well Mr Kayak."
The Virtual Adept commented.

In fact, it's a Vulgar effect, but i've never attracted Paradox by using it, even in the sight of sleepers, so i think it's fairly Inocuous. However, it's the same with an spirit, and it has some decition about how to be shown. It might even not be shown to us but just for her. Mister Nassa said he would be willing to let me try, i suppose that will help you determine if it's safe. Tane tried to explain, but in fact he only knew it was something only he could do without working magic really.

Cita looked at Amadeus who nodded and the Virtual Adept waved you both fully into her apartment and sat down with her computer.
"Sure if you work the effect then I can analyze it and see if it is safe for you to show Beatrice her Avatar, as I agree it could help in convincing her that she have not been...Gilgulled."
The technomancer said and shuddered at the word.
"I am ready when you are."

Then could we create an article like that in the other realm?

"Hum...yes...we probably can do that..."
Cita muttered.
"I am not sure if it will work as well as something that have gotten such a spiritual state naturally, hell I am not sure if the real deal will help either but yes...at least I could try to do it, it would probably be easier to do in the Umbra itself though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:37 am

Tane:

Wednesday afternoon:

Well, if anything happens just call me, alright? Well, i'm going to the common hall. Take care, then. Tane then put the note and went out.

"If something happens and I have the opportunity to do so Mr Karyak, I will make sure you are told."
Narim said kindly.
"Yes do take care and have a nice day.

Friday morning:

I can say that of half the US in our "Race". said Tane with a smirk.

Cita merely nodded.

OK, help me open the doors and windows, it's messy. Tane asked and helped the inhabitant of the place close the bedchamber's door and open the windows.
Then Tane arranged two chairs one in front of the other. I'm about to sing you your very own song. You'll recognice it, and you can sing with me too. Tane said with a soft smile, and opened his hands palm up.

Amadeus opened the windows of the apartment then he sat down.
"I usually do not sing allot Mr Karyak."
The Verbena said and glanced at you.
"Not in this life at least."

Whenever either of you are ready

"I am ready, this will be quite interesting."
Cita said she seamed quite exited to witness Tane's method as she had never heard of something similar before. Amadeus looked far less pleased but he nodded.
"Let us get it done and have a look."
He muttered in a gruff tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Tane:

Ok, then. But you'll end up singing, everybody ends up singing. Tane said with a smile.THose people that thought they coudn't or shouldn't are the ones that sing the more.

"You will find I end up doing very few things it is not my will to do Mr Karyak."
Amadeus said wryly as he regarded the Dreamspeaker.

Tane vocalized trying to find Amadeus' song, and when he found the first tune, it sprouted quickly from his mouth. Tane's song was a warrior's song, with the clash of wooden weapons and glorious screams, with the power of the waves and the reverence of a Shaman. In this case, Nassa's song was a medieval harvest song, maybe some other live's choice.

As you sing Amadeus song you get a feeling of timelessness, of life after life coming and passing with the same mind being reborn, a great river flows before you, massive, wild and beautiful, a torrent of raw power that flowed through the ages towards ever new goals and causes, this was a form the old Verbena's Avatar choose to take, or at least it was what you saw, a river wild and dangerous full of power and teeming with life. The soul was old and wise, a warrior's soul that while it would kill when need be also knew when peace was the better option. The Avatar was seen but it ignored you, it was content to flow through it's host, guiding him towards his eventual Ascension. You think you have seen all there is to see, all this powerful old soul is willing to show you when there is a second song, smaller, frailer, but there, a second Avatar connected to the raging river currents, and then you see her, a woman standing on the riverbank, a maiden dark of skin and hair, wearing a white robe with eyes full of wonder, a young Avatar, a companion for Amadeus' grand river that had followed it's larger guide through the mage's lives. This smaller Avatar showed more interest in you than the powerful old river did, her dark, beautiful eyes rested on yours as she curiously observed you, aware that she was seen by someone other than the mage that served as host for both her and her watery companion.

Amadeus' eyes was closed as you sang, the old mage did not sing himself, but a tear rolled down his pale cheek as he was moved by the experience, he had seen and communed with his Avatar many times, but that did not make each meeting less moving as he in your song and in his inner eye saw the great river that flowed in his soul, and the maiden who walked beside it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Tane:

Tane sighted and let the song die finally. I think i can say the same. Tane said, obviously having felt the "Something".
But you should have singed. Tane jested.

"Like I said I do not often sing."
The old Verbena said then he gave a little smile.
"One thing Mr Karyak, you have seen a most private part of me, I would appreciate your discretion on the matter."
Amadeus said sternly as he looked at the Dreamspeaker.

I'm sorry what were you saying, Cita?

"Hum..no not important I was just making an observation."
The Virtual Adept said then she looked at her screen.
"It do however seam that your method do not put any strain on the Avatar you ehm...sing for so it should be safe to use on Beatrice, do however stop immediately and call me if she expressed pain or become frightened when you attempt this and do not force her Avatar to show itself, remember that it is very delicate right now."
The Technomancer said then she added.
"Also be careful Mr Kayak, you will be dealing with a powerful Primordial that are wounded and frightened, if you get to close...spiritually it might attack you."
Cita warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Friday morning:

Amadeus nodded he said nothing, there was not so much to say, Tane had seen the most private part of him, he they had joined in a ritual at his Coven's Life Tree or in the Verbena Realm on Horizon the Dreamspeaker might have seen him as naked as the day he was born and that would not have bothered the old Verbena, that he had seen his Avatar though that was something it was odd to share with a stranger.

Cita looked at Tane and nodded.
"Good also that the Avatar is wounded might make it more dangerous, or it might not bother with you at all, just stay alert."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Now as for how to heal Beatrice's Avatar that is a difficult question. I can do allot with my magick Mr Karyak, but I can not create the essence that Avatars are made of, if I could do that I could perhaps create a new one for unfortunate ones that...well in either case I could perhaps heal Beatrice's Avatar or at least better it's condition if I had donor material that matched her essence preferably corrupted donor material but that would require access to to a Nephandus with a Primordial soul and that is not to easy to get and besides it would require taking pieces of their Avatar, it would in essence mean torturing a prisoner and I am not comfortable with that."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Barring that all we can do is try to make sure that she is comfortable and give it time and hope for the best. The medicines I talked about might help with her pain but other than that there is not much to do."

Friday Afternoon:

Around four in the afternoon you get a text message from Chief Morgan it reads:
"To Mr Karyak
I have a favor to ask of Mr Coawa, if you could please ask him to drop by my office when he have the opportunity to.
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:15 am

Tane:

Friday morning:

I'll be carefull. Maybe one of you wants to be with us just to make sure everything is ok? Maybe it was not truly confortable but Beatrice would understand.

"I have seen Beatrice's Avatar four times now and are sure to see it again as I monitor her recovery, I am sure one more time will not hurt"
Cita said.
"I will go with you and monitor."
Amadeus nodded then he said.
"I will be in her apartment but I do not want to crowd her in a private moment."

Would any primordial Avatar work, at least a little? What can happen to the Donor? Tane thought on maybe, helping her with his own avatar. He had to have a chat with Gandyja. He knew his own avatar was powerfull and maybe it would suffer less. Also, adding bits of non-corrupted avatar to Beatrice's might even help her to cleanse later on.

"It depends on how much I take, Avatars are hardy beings they heal from most wounds. Now last night I could not find a suitable donor and needed to make thread to suture up the worst wound, but one who have a connection to her offered, what little I took then only caused a moment of pain...but to make a difference in repairing that split in her Avatar and the worst of the wounds I would have to take far more, not only would the pain to the donor be indescribable but...there might be loss of ability at least temporarily."

I'm Primordial, if it can help.

Cita sigh and shook her head.
"Yes it can help but like I said it would damage you and while I can prevent that damage from being permanent, and if I took the donor material from a place that governs a area of reality you do not currently study and practice it should heal before you get around to needing it however the pain will be at least comparable to that of a Brand...ehm as yes you have not had much to do with Traditionalists the way I understand it, Banding is a punishment where a mark is burned into the victim's Avatar, it involve days of excruciating agony, weeks of recovery and pain when using magick for months after, and what I would have to do might be worse, it is not something I would do to a fellow Traditionalist lightly. A prisoner wound be...well a captured Nephandi are generally Gilgulled so while taking from them might be inhumane at least it do not do more damage, but from a Traditionalist..."
The Virtual Adept said seriously.

"I can only teach you eight parts of reality in their terms, off course there are many more than that but until your understanding reach a certain level they would be to much for you, but at what your fellow mages call Spheres I can only teach a host eight, this due to ancient treaties and oaths, there is a part of me that is never used."
Your Avatar who was listening to what was being said communicated from deep in your mind.
"Damage here would matter nothing, but I can not protect your mind from pain Tane and I do not want to see you hurt, just as you protect me, I protect you we are one for the while we walk together."
Other mages would call your Avata unusually talkative and active but it was what it was.

Friday afternoon:

Tane Answered "Is it urgent?"

You notice that the Chief always phrased his texts as if they where formal letters.
"Mr Karyak.
It is not urgent it is about a prisoner and I would like to ask M Coawa to look at him with his ability to sense corruption which I understand that he possess.
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 am

Tane

THen it is settled. Obviously i'll ask her first, if she doesn't want one of you there, then there's nothing to do, but i don't think it would be a problem. Said Tane happy to be able to help.

"We will see at least I will be in the apartment Mr Karyak, you are an impressive young man, what you can do with Avatars not many can do after you and you seam honestly kind and caring however Beatrice is helpless and an hour ago I had not laid eyes on you, forgive my skepticism, it is not mistrust but there are very few I would allow in that apartment alone with Beatrice right now, I am sure that when you one day take an student you will feel the same."
The old mage said and he did look apologetic but determined.
"But in the bedroom itself there I will respect her wishes if she want no one there."

Are you sure, Gandjya? Tane's face looked concerned as he rised from the seat and looked the side he heard his avatar. You have made oaths of never using that part.

"Yes I have though the reasons for those oaths I can not yet share with you, and even oath is the wrong word but it is the closest that you are able to understand at the present."
The Avatar said it had not manifested, no one else could see or hear it but you could see a climpse of him out of the corner of your eye.

Would you allow us to take that part away so that sha can be healed? Tane asked hopefully But when you move forward to the next one, wouldn't you be unble to teach that one this part? or wouldn't you do it anyway?

"I would like to be complete Tane, however I can not teach my next host these parts just as I never taught the ones that came before you. If you had sworn never to again use your eyes would you allow them to be taken to give sight back to another? However from what the rigid and organized mage woman said the damage would not be permanent, and while I am reluctant to loose a part of myself, even one never used, damage to said part, a wound yes I am willing to suffer that..if it had been just me suffering."
The Avatar said then it looked at you.
"While we walk together my host we are not two, we are one and I feel your pain and you feel mine, but this sharing is not equal, just like if I should die you will be destroyed as well, while when you die I move on, your pain cause me great grief but my pain would incapacitate you with agony, this is because I am a part of your soul, your very essence and when I suffer you mind can not understand that and it is perceived as pain. I am not willing to just watch you suffer Tane."
The creature said softly.
"And if you make this sacrifice there are days and weeks at least when you will be bedridden with suffering, and danger is coming, I would not see you helpless..."
The Avatar said then in moved closer.
"But there is another way but it would involve a greater risk to us both, not for our destruction but for our stagnation, do you wish to know of this possibility? A possibility that might create matter I am made of enough if it is successful, but doom us to repeat this life for cycles if we are not?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 pm

I understand. Curiously enough, that day might not be so far away... Curiously, indeed. He knew less than he'd like to admit, in fact.

"Hum...well it is a great joy to train a student...a great joy and at times great frustration as well."
Amadeus muttered.
"And in this case it is also heartache."

IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE AVATAR MATTER? Asked Tane not beliving it. It was so astonishing to be able to create avatar matter. The implications of this ability would be great.

"Everything is possible, but what I am talking about is less straight forward than that."
The God said.

I want to know! It could help so many people! Even if i don't use it, it can create a way out for others.

"I am old Tane, very old, soon I will have learned all I set out to do when I first took physical form, sometimes a sapling might split of from an old soul much like from an old tree, a lesser soul to walk with the greater one through the lifetimes until it is ready to incarnate into a mage. It is possible I can start this process but not complete it, making a new soul grow from me but stopping before it becomes what I am, creating in that complex emphemera to work with. Now you have to remember one thing through before you become two enthusiastic I can do this because fate allow me, it do not mean I can repeat it nor that it can be used to create a new Avatar for a lost mage, for such a sapling to become a full blown spirit it takes many lives."
The God explained then the nearly featureless face grew serious.
"Now to the risk Tane, if the creation is not stopped in time and what is created moves past the beginning and into consciousness then I will not allow it to be harmed it will walk with me through the ages and in that stagnate us both. When I leave a host as the mage I have learned with dies I am purified in the Well of Souls, I can not tell you what happens at that place for it is not for you but part of what happens is that while part of that mage will always be with me, be a part of me and as such become a part of my new host, each host is a completely new individual, there might be residual memories, for example when you where a child you had vivid nightmares of being mauled by a bear, because my former host was. Some have more of these memories and some have less, but they are still memories of a past life they are not the same as this one. If a companion walk by my side though, that smaller soul will not be purified between lives as it have never had a full incarnation, and the new host if gain to much knowledge of the past, the lives will bleed together. In short Tane if what I attempt to manifest becomes more than matter but becomes a life then I will not allow it to be cut up it will walk with me and if that happens you will be like the male mage in this room, forever being reborn as the same person, death being nothing but a break, the Tane that you are now, you will also be in your next life will full memories intact or near full memories and while this might sound good, indeed some mages have sought such a path to immortality, it non the less will stagnate us, for once you die, that be tomorrow or in a thousand years from now, then I will have learned you lessons and seek out a new life to learn more, but there will be no new life...not for many incarnation as the companion grow at my side...that is a serious risk to take but I will leave the decision up to you on whatever or not to attempt it. I choose you when you where still an unborn child for the compassion you would one day have."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:34 pm

"In a manner of speaking yes."
The Avatar said.
"At least if we put it in human terms. It might not be fair but neither is weeks and months of you suffering either Tane."
Gandjya said in a concerned tone of voice.
"Especially now when danger is coming and you will be helpless. Yes the corrupted one suffers more, but with your mind addled with pain you will not be able to fight when the darkness comes."
The God continued.
"I will not make a sapling unless it is for a specific reason but if it happens naturally I will allow it to grow and one day it will take a host and perhaps Ascend."

Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"I am not sure I understand what you mean Mr Karyak."
The Verbena said for while you might have spoken out loud, Gandjya's words had been heard by you alone meaning Amadeus did not have the context for the conversation."
"However if the lady in black you are talking about is the dark skinned woman you saw walking beside my Avatar then she have been with me for many lifetimes I do not know when she first attached herself to my great river, or why but from what I have read of the phenomena usually it happens spontaneously and a lesser Avatar becomes the companion of a greater one, though I have also heard of Avatars at times generating such companions of their own, what is it that you are wondering if I have tried? I have not tried to get rid of it if that is what you are asking, though remembering my old lives perfectly are getting...troubling. I assume that if it is my path to protect this shard until it takes a host then I will do so. The life and wishes of one mage matters little compared the the needs of an Avatar."
The old mage said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:59 am

"No the shard would die in the process, what I would be doing is take material from it and use that to repair places in Beatrice's Avatar that have shattered."
Cita explained, then she shook her head.
"Just having the shard around will not help, how shall I explain this."
The Virtual Adept muttered to herself then she continued.
"Let us say you have a cake and you have no idea how to bake another one, however there are pieces missing from this cake, you do however have a nearly identical cake so you cut that up and use it to fill the missing pieces and then cover the whole thing with frosting, viola whole cake, though the cake you took the pieces from are now rather cut up."
The Spirit Master said and Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"Did you just compare my apprentice's soul to cake?"
Cita nodded.
"Yes I did, my point however is that from a fully incarnated Avatar what I would take would heal back, such a small shard that you are talking about however I would probably use all of it. Also remember Avatars are not shoes they can not be changed between hosts at will, if they could then an old mage who have lived an full life might give his to a younger one who have had something terrible happen to theirs, but it do not work like that. Yes sometimes an Avatar will incarnate into an already born individual it is called a walk in, and usually it create problems, but they themselves choose who to incarnate in, and there is no way that I know of to force them."
The Spirit Master said.
"If your Avatar generated such a shard and it was taken from you, most likely it would just vanish into the Umbra. However like I said it is a moot point as the presence of another Avatar will not help Beatrice."
The Master of the Art said then she added.
"There is one thing though, and I discussed this just yesterday in connection with one of my other patients who are in a terrible condition, a boy in the final stages of vampire blood poisoning, there are shards of Avatars floating around the Umbra and if I could find them I could bring some back to use to heal my patients but like with a shard your Gandjya was it, would make it would mean killing those shards, forever destroying the hope of what they might one day become, and finding them would also be extremely dangerous."

(OOC: I do not know yet the store have taken the PC in and will examine it and I will be told if the warranty applies but I do hope it dos.)

(OOC 2: Oops I forgot that his eyes changed color and that he had white eyes sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:17 am

Tane:

Cita sigh as she stood she patted Tane on the shoulder and had to reach up to do so for she was only a hands width taller than Beatrice herself.
"I am not sure there is that much we can do right now other than trying to keep Beatrice as comfortable as possible."
The Master of Spirit said then she sigh again.
"Also going into the Umbra is a wonderful thing, going into the Umbra looking for lost Avatar shards is not and I do not want to sound arrogant, but if anyone is doing that I will be, you are a brave young man but in this my greater skill give me the best survival chances but like I said I am hesitant to do so both because it is dangerous and also because well, it do not feel right to destroy the shards, they to are self conscious in a way, if only just slightly."
Cita nodded then she added.
"It is hard to watch a friend suffer I know, I have tended to wounded Avatars for years I have seen...my share of suffering but right now I think most of the options we have other than trying to talk with the wraiths and see if we can trade for medicine just will be to dangerous or to unethical. If Beatrice do not strain her Avatar it will heal in time on it's own it will just hurt her allot as it do."
Cita said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:18 pm

"An Umbrood? Yes I can probably help with that, I would have to see said spirit first but generally healing spirits are within my capabilities yes."
Cita said and nodded then she listened to what Tane had to say.
"You will have to bring the spirit here though, just bring it to right outside the Chantry's ward and I will see what I can do, with two badly wounded patients here I do not think I can leave Steelhaven for a few days. Only bring it if you are sure the Nephandic influence is gone though, we do not want to lead the Fallen to this Chantry."
The Spirit Master said then she gave a slight smile.
"I can try to teach when I have the time to do so, if you are able to understand my Paradigm that is, you are a Dreamspeaker the way I understood it? Well since I am a Virtual Adept we are probably as far apart when it comes to our respective Traditions methods as you can get, but I can give it a try. Right now though we are in the middle of a crisis and like I said with both Beatrice and the boy who are poisoned by vampire blood to care for my time is limited as that is a area of reality I have not mastered."
The Virtual Adept said kindly.
"It is worth to ask the umbrood but remember Mr Karyak that these beings are perfect and yet limited, they are one thing, a fire elemental, is a fire elemental perfectly but it do not know how to be anything but a fire elemental. Umbroods to a large extent lack our free will so it is doubtful your spirit friend will have this knowledge but it is worth it to ask it."
Cita said then she put her computer under her arm.
"Well then if you want to see how I work you are welcome to come with me and observe as I check up on the young man I mentioned, as long as he agree to it, after we have seen to Beatrice."
The Virtual Adept said and begun heading for the door. Amadeus nodded, eager to get back to his apprentice.
"Yes let us go, I left one of our Coven members to watch over my apprentice but I do not want to leave her side for to long."
The old Verbena said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:41 am

Tane:

Yeah, you can call it that. The poor thing has had to do the Nephandi's bidding... Death was a gentle end for a tool for obscurity.
I think it's clean, so i brought it to my home, that's over a node. I'll bring it, then.

"Very well I will see what I can do for it."
Cita said then she sigh.
"And yes the Nephandi twist all around them, I can imagine that the Umbrood will be in pretty bad condition. Do you know what sort of spirit it is?"

About pardigms... I can relate with many things, and also Virtual Adepts are less complicated to understand. You have a strong base on this world, wich i know. It's harder to understand some Choristers, for example. Or Etherites, in fact. Whatever the case. if you are willing i can try to help you with the little i know. You're a Doctor, and i can try to be your nurse.

"Well I follow the information model, I see the world as information, as data, and magick being the reprogramming of that that data. Well that is a very much simplified explanation of what I do, but I guess you can compare it to seeing the world as energy. I have found I have been able to work with some Verbena energists, but usually not Hermetics."
Cita said as she walked beside you out of her room.
"I would certainly welcome help at the moment though so you will just have to see if you can make any sense of it."

Great then. Let's go to see Beatrice. Is she concious?

Amadeus sigh and nodded.
"Unfortunately yes she is but she is seldom coherent for long, she will wake up and be able to talk a little, then she will have moments of absolute terror or just twist in pain until she is so exhausted she falls asleep for a while, but never for long enough..."
The old mage said bitterly.
"I have seen her suffering before, when she got a Paradox sickness that nearly killed her and worse when she was Branded but this is far worse."
It was clear from his tone of voice that Amadeus was very worried about his apprentice.

Amadeus lead the way into Beatrice's room, it looked pretty much like it had last night, the dishes from the dinner she had hosted still stood stacked near her sink. From inside Beatrice's bedchamber though you can hear hoarse screams and groans in addition to a woman's voice who seamed to try to calm the young Verbena down. Inside the small bedroom, it contained just a bed, a small desk, a cabinet and a small altar as well as a cowered painting on it's stand, the room was near and tidy. In the bed you see Beatrice she was ashen pale now and her short dark hair was dull and matted with sweat, she was twisting in the bed at times screaming or groaning in pain. By her side sat a tall woman with raven hair in a long flowing dress.
"Shhh Beatrice you are safe."
The woman muttered then she turned to look at you and the rest of your group as you entered the room.
"Thank you Ravenblood, I can take it from here."
Amadeus said softly, he struggled with his composure at seeing Beatrice in such a state. The tall dark haired woman nodded, she touched Amadeus' hand compassionately then gave you and Cita a nod before she whispered.
"I will be in the common room if you need me Amadeus."
She said before she left.
Amadeus nodded.
"Thank you Raven."
He muttered again before she sat down by Beatrice's side.
"My dearest daughter...shh all will be well...I m bringing you a guest."
He muttered and than indicated that you should step forward as he took a cloth from a basin on the nightstand and begun washing away sweat from Beatrice's brow. You notice that Beatrice's hands are restrained by cuffs and her twists swollen from her twisting and struggles. On her nightstand, in addition to the basin of water and a glass are probably her favorite belongings, her Verbena symbol necklace, a finely engraved silver sicker in a wooden box and a beautiful rose flower in another glass of water. Beatrice shifted her eyes to you when you step closer but you see only suffering and panic in them now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next