Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane:

5 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane: - Page 2 Empty Re: Posts for Tane:

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:40 pm

You would call it a Lesser Jaggling, i think it's a natural spirit from the Marches.

"Hum...a nature spirit, a Jaggling well I should be able to work with that."
Cita said and nodded.
"A Jaggling should be able to understand as well they tend to take humanoid forms and while their minds are alien to us at least they generally are intelligent to understand when you are trying to help them."

He said and then listened at Cita's paradigm explanation Well, i see the world as songs. What avatars can do is resonate with the songs and change them, like an musical instrument, so i think it's different words for the same action, to take the songs and turn them in another, or change the parts we need. You might see the world as bits, i see it as notes in a music sheet. Not that it would be so easy, but maybe from the basics up they could understand each other.

"I do not see the world as music but the note sheet analogy I might be able to work with, but then perhaps you are better at working with other Paradigms than your own than I am. Technomancers then to be rather rigid in our ways, it sort of come with the territory."
The Virtual Adept said then she added.
"We will just have to see what you might be able to learn, I can not give any promises."

Tane kneeled and took Beatrice hand, caressing it and whispering to her. I have come to help you, Beatrice. I will show you your avatar so you can rest.

Beatrice's small hand was clammy to the touch her eyes, though rather glossy focused on Tane and she managed to calm down enough to weakly speak.
"Tane..."
Beatrice whimpered and she took several uneaven breaths before she managed to speak again.
"A...are you sure...it is still there I...could feel them hurting it...curring into it...they..."
The young Verbena's eyes filled with tears and she started softly sobbing.

You notice Gandjya look at Beatrice, looking past her you are pretty sure he was looking at her Avatar the soul's expression was sad, his eyes full of concern.
"We are the link between flesh and spirit and so many use the gifts we bring for destruction."
Your Avatar whisper clearly uneasy at the sight of another of it's kind in such a condition.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:41 am

Tane:

Yeah, not many people understands mine, so i have to learn to understand others. Also, i know it's hard for technomancers to make a suitable paradigm. To me they all are the same, but you'll have to make it unique so i understand why you need to keep it hard and stable. Still don't agree, but poor guys.

"We do not make suitable Paradigms now don't we."
Cita said and could not help herself from giving a slight giggle.
"I guess it can be hard to differentiate one Paradigm that are far from your own from another, however when I once changed mine, from one Technomagickal one to another, let me say you it was not an easy task and I had to relearn much of what I know."

It's ok, it is here, we feel it. Would you like to see it? ASked Tane, although he already knew the answer.

"Yes..."
Beatrice managed to say she was still sobbing but the prospect of being given confirmation that her Avatar was alive seamed to calm her down a little.

The fact that you are this hurted demonstrates he is here.

That did not seam to convince the young Verbena, she nodded but she also knew that an amputee would feel pain in their wounds and sometimes have phantom pains, but then there was something to what the Dreamspeaker was saying, would she really hurt this much if there was nothing there to hurt?"

Also, Gandjya sees it.

"He...dos?"
Beatrice asked she groaned in pain and there was a few moments before she could continue speaking.
"Your pretty alien."
She muttered weakly.

Tane rubbed her hand kindly. You will heal. I will remain here while you do, ok?

The young blood witch looked at Tane her eyes was glossy but she managed half a smile.
"Thank you."
She muttered, at least she had people around her who cared for her.
"How can anyone...do this to someone...?"
Beatrice managed to ask.
"Know what that ritual do and still...perform it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:09 am

I didn't say "Not suitable" i said "they look the same" from afar. It changes everything to accept another way to look the world, i spet you feel better now. Tane said with a smirk.

"Yes I suppose you are right about that, it do changes everything to accept another way to look at the world, at least it did for me."
Cita said and nodded.
"Well at their core all Paradigms are working with the same things, the problem is that even if we can understand that with our minds, do not mean we can understand it deeply enough to use that understanding. Paradigms are tools, but they are tools most of us need to do what we do."

Poor god of the skies, the first time a pretty girl sees him and she calls him alien. So i suppose you're not taking him to prom night, eh? Tane said trying to joke with her to rise her spirits. That way she'd feel better more quickly.

Beatrice managed a weak smile then she cough and whimpered before she managed to speak.
"If I had the magick to do so...sure I would dance with your...alien but I do not think...anyone have danced...with an Avatar."
The young Verbena managed to say her eyes twinkling a little at the joke, but talking was dificult, focusing through the pain was difficult.

THey are affraid, baby. They fear so they learn to be feared and hurt. The middle ages were something like that, too, if you get me. But they are affraid, and out of control.

"I...it is Fallen perhaps they are...right to fear but still..we do not know...we do not know what our souls are, how can we destroy something so...mysterious...when we do not know what it are...it is like mice gnawing on...the Mona Lina...never seeing anything but...nice dry material to make nests and yet destroying a master work...in the process."
Beatrice said but then she was exhausted, the effort to speak to stay alert and focus becoming to much for her, fresh tears flowed down her cheeks and she moaned in pain again and sort of went limp with exhaustion, her eyes was still open and watching Tane but she did not manage to do more at the moment, her bound hands in his feeling like small, wounded birds in his hands.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 pm

I wouldn't call them tools. Htey transform us, they are part of us. We interact with them as much as they do interact with us.

"Yes they become a part of us our Paradigms but so do a warrior's sword, they are constructs of our mind methods to interact with reality since we are not yet ready to fully accept the idea that our minds create our reality without any handles or methods to focus our minds with."
Cita said then she glanced at Tane.
"Perhaps that is what you have to do to become a Oracle, abandon Paradigms and ideas and begin to interact with pure creation."

Tane felt relieved seeing how she was a little better. I'll take your word. Tane said.

Beatrice said nothing but at least she seamed to be a little calmer for now.

hush now, little one. We'll start when you're ready, but let it be for the moment.

The young Verbena looked a little desperate, she so wanted to see the proof that her Avatar was still alive, but she was so weak so for a little while she just lay there her eyes closed her breath where even but weak. Beatrice did not manage to rest for long though before she opened her eyes again and whispered weakly.
"Please...Tane I need to know...that he...is alive..."
The young blood which pleaded then she shivered.
"I am so afraid that there is nothing...there...I..."
Beatrice was struggling to speak and eventually gave up and just lay there looking at Tane with pain filled, tired eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 am

The spirits of the three parts are not to be messed with, no matter how powerful you are. But i wouldn't think that's the only way. I don't even think power has something to do with understanding or ascention. HUmility is the best teacher. Said Tane giving his little opinion.

"Power probably have nothing to do with Ascension."
Cita agreed and nodded.
"As for understanding, for us power is a by product of understanding but it is not the goal itself."
The Virtual Adept continued.
"And wisdom can belong to all, no matter if they are magi or not and no matter how much power they have."

Tane caressed her hand and nodded, then rised again. Ok then. But don't get too surprised, you'll see it really bad. Tane was aware already as how her song was. A Sad dark but beautiful tune, a Basso Profondo register.

Beatrice nodded weakly. Her eyes where on Tane as he begun to sing, his soft voice comforted her. After a while you see something in a corner, something that sits leaned against the wall, it looks like a very old, dried out husk of a man with large, thorn batlike wings growing out of it's gnarled back it was the eyes that where the most striking though, they where empty, or rather they where nothingness, they where like looking directly into nonexistence itself, a black sea of oblivion. The creature raises it's head and looks at you fearfully and you see how wounded it is, one wing is broken, and across his chest is a deep gash which must have nearly cut him in two, everywhere there where cuts, bruises and gashes oozing blood and the creature shook slightly as if it was in pain or feverish. You also see this is not the first time the Avatar have been hurt, a mark is burned into it, the process is off course different as there is neither heat nor cold at the level these beings exist at, but to the eyes of a human it looked like someone had taken a cattle brand to it, burning a deep mark into the Avatar's spiritual flesh. Beatrice's soul was powerful and it was old, but now it was in a sorry state and it looked...afraid mages had hurt it twice now and it was not sure of Tane's intentions meaning it might decide to defend itself which would probably not be good.

Beatrice reached out a thin hand towards her Avatar, the first thing she felt was overwhelming relief that he was there and he was alive, or whatever you would call such a being's state of existence, but then she saw how hurt he was and she begun to softly sob.
"My beloved what have...they done to you."
The young Verbena whispered sorrowfully as she continued to hold out her hand towards her wounded Avatar.
"What have they done to you..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Since we are at 50 pages in the ic thread a new one have been made, here is the link to the new thread:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t60-the-aswadim-hope-and-despair-ic-thread-5
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 am

Tane:

Exactly, Cita. See? we don't think so different. Tane smiled at the thinking of the lady he was talking to. Interesting, because he was affraid the first time he saw she was a Tecjnomage.

"No the basic ideas are not that different Mr Karyak, the question however remains on whatever or not you will be able to understand the way I express those ideas in my magick or not, for while you sing, I program and read code and while I can understand intelligently that what we do are the same, that do not mean I can act on that in practice, but we will have to see."
Cita said with a soft smile.

We are not going to hurt you. We are trying to stop the guys trying to hurt you. The problem is they're much more powerful than we. I'm sorry we couldn't help you before. Said tane to the voidly thing It didn't talk, as htey have already said, but he could hear. At least he could hear well enough

The Avatar looked at you as you spoke but it was still afraid, and it's fear probably affected Beatrice as well, you know you are affected by the feelings of your own Avatar. Suddenly the winged old man sees Beatrice, sees her glossy, pain filled eyes and pale skin and her bound hands reaching out for it and he hisses in anger over the state of his host, you feel the creature's destructive rage at the suffering of his host, it do not attack you but it could and slowly, painfully with it's wounds it pulls away from you, mages had hurt it so badly, twice, it did not trust you or any of it's kind but you do see that it have deep caring for it's young host.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Tane:

I sing, wich is, i reproduce the data you can put on a pentagram, and i think you can translate to that. He spected at least.

"There is a basic similarity between all magick, but it is difficult for me to see how your singing can change reality even if I can see that you do."
Cita said then she sigh.
"That being said Mr Karyak I have never seen anyone work with Avatars quite like you, normally it is high magick to be able to manifest an Avatar, but you seam to be able to communicate with them naturally, they respond to you."
The Technomancer said then she gave a little smile.
"You have a rare gift Tane and I would love to study how you do it."

We are protecting her too. He said, looking at beatrice

The Avatar looks at you, it seams doubtful but as you are making no threatening moves it seams to settle down a little, then slowly it draws back into the shadows and vanishes, ending the maniistation. Beatrice looks at you with tears in her eyes.
"He is alive."
The young Verbena whispered.
"Thank you Tane...thank you."
Beatrice muttered weakly, her hands becoming limp, the girl was exhausted but she seamed a bit calmer now, less hopeless.
"At least now I know that everyone was not lying to protect me, I mean I did not expect them to do so, I trust them but there was always a chance...but now I know...that he is still there...my magick is still there."
The blood witch muttered then she closed her eyes, talking and worn her out and relief helped her finally get some proper sleep.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm

IF i'm not turning into a lab rat, i'm ok with it. But i think it's natural, as many things.

"Lab rat no certainly not, I would like to observe your method a few time and record the data though if you do not mind."
The Spirit Master said.
"It probably are natural for you Tane but for the rest of us well if I where to manifest an Avatar like that I would have to use all I got and I am a Master of the Art."
The Tecchnomancer said.
"Have you always been able to talk with Avatars like that?"

I'm also a natural conduit for spirits of all kinds, and normally i carry a weak spot in the celosy, so i think it might have to do with that. My ancestor was son to a spirit, all in my family are a little bit closer to that. Tane said, although he didn't know, he was at least sure the answer would be, as most question, in a part of other realms.

"Hum...I have heard of someone having been the children to spirits, though it is pretty rare."
Cita commented.
"I to have also always had an affinity with spirits, not something which was popular when I was young given that I was first trained before the Adepts left the Union."
The Master said and grinned.

Rest now, you need it. Tane said with a smile,

Beatrice was already asleep, pain and fear had worn her out and relief had finally allowed the young woman to rest. Amadeus gently wrapped the covers around Beatrice he gave you grateful look.
"Thank you Mr Karyak, I owe you one."
The old Verbena whispered as he settled down into a chair beside his apprentice's bed to watch over her as she slept.

and rised. Let's leave her room so she can sleep properly.

Cita nodded she closed the lid of her laptop, she had been monitoring your communication with the wounded Avatar.
"Yes let us go."
She said and stood she gave Beatrice a concerned look then she headed for the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 pm

I mean it's natural like, you can't learn it, you simply have it or don't. I've been able to do this since i awakened, but i didn't try it with avatars until i had a good time of studying magic. Said Tane

"Hum...a gift, like what a psychic might have, most curious. I find it to more more likely it is something you do intuitively rather than something inborn but we will have to see what explanation the data support."
Cita said and smiles.
"We in the Traditions think we know everything but there is allot of magick beyond our ken, that do not mean it can not be learned if we open our eyes and see it."

Ah, lovely Place to awaken. She might have done terrible things then, but, wel... we all have commited our sins.

Cita sigh she nods.
"Yeah lovely."
She mutters and she do not look like she was enjoying the memories this brought.

Once outside, they closed the door. Cita... who is the lady that has done this to Beatrice?

"The one who set this in motion? Her name is Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo she is Boston's senior Quaesitor a powerful old Hermetic who's hatred for the Nephandi have grown into fanaticism. From what I have been told Vittoria and her twin brother Dominic was apprenticed by the same Master, but the Nephandi...they captured the twins mentor and...Gilgulled him. The D'Angelos have been obsessed with revenge ever since. I sympathize with their plight but they have done so much harm now, and not just to Beatrice."
The Virtual Adept said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 am

Tane:

It would be good to be able to open a window to talk to our avatars. Maybe we coud learn more and more about them from their own voices.

"It would indeed be good. I only communicate with mine as glitches in my data, odd bits of code here and there, I would love to know more about him, but they tend to have all communication on their own terms."
Cita said with a little smile.

So they come in a couple, and the guys can gilgul someone on their own... Sounds like a bad case of Ubris and dictatorship to me. But they desist on political disposals... How weird of fanatics.

Yes they come in a couple, twice the fun."
Cita said with a sigh then she added.
"Well technically speaking I can Gilgul someone alone, it is just far easier am more humane, if such a thing can ever be called humane, to do so in a group. There was a group that worked on Beatrice as well, the D'Angelos only exploited the poor wording of her sentence to have it happen. But with non Traditionalist widderslainte, yes they do hunt them down and Gilgul them, they have no protection from them, not that the Traditions have not had the practice of Gilgulling widderslainte children for quite some time."
The technomancer said and she sounded like she did not like that practice, she did not like it at all.

Do you have any idea if Beatrice's situation is reversible or if she'll cleanse it sometime?

"Well...there is a limit to how much I can say about this as this woman's life is in danger but there was a widderslainte girl once, a Hermetic who managed to cleanse herself...but the D'Angelos got to her and she...well she is alive if you can call it that. We are hoping she might be able to tell us how she did it so we can help Beatrice, but I have to tell you she is in a terrible state, magi do not deal well with loosing their Avatar, it is a miracle...or a curse more likely, that she have stayed alive this long."
Cita said sadly.
"Other than that no one have ever managed to cleanse the Avatar of a Fallen."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

"Yes, most likely Beatrice's Avatar will one day win, and if not in this life, then in the next, that is the problem with the Fallen, when they die their Avatar just corrupt the new host that it is eventually reborn into."
Cita said and looked concerned.
"There is a reason why the Gilgul rite is used on her kind...it is just so hard when the widderslainte in question is sweet and innocent then it hardly seam right to hurt them so badly for what they will become in the future but are not at the present."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 pm

"I heard Adley Roth Hicks, Cheif Morgan's apprentice say the same that Beatrice's Avatar care about it's host, which is strange for what it is, I have never heard of that before, but it is Fallen, there is not doubt about that."
Cita said and sigh.
"But perhaps the fact that the Avatar care about it's mage that means there is a chance for it to be cleansed, it really all depend on finding out how that one girl who managed did it, and she is rather out of it I will presume, though I have not met her yet, well I have, I examined her Avatar but I have not talked with her after...her punishment..."
The Virtual Adept said sadly.
"But perhaps she can still give us some clues."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 am

Tane:

I wouldn't relay on that. It's like asking "how did you ascended?" it's not sure that you'll get an answer. My people have a saying: If you walk another man's path, you'll find another man's destiny. I think it's clear enough.

"There are likely to be personal variations for the path needed to be taken for each person but at least with this girl's advice we will have a place to start and a general outline."
Cita said as she glanced at Tane.

I have an alternative, but i wish to use it only if there's no other remedy. It's asking the werewolves or weresharks to perform a ritual that it's used to clense their kind from the taint. It might as well work with us. THe problem is that if they do, it might gilgul her if it fails. AS i said, it's a risky option.

The Virtual Adept raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever or not something like that world work with us depend on where this taint is cleansed from. Now here is what I know from examining werecreatures, in some ways they are similar to mages in their spiritual anatomy, what have to be their connection to well whatever make them what they are, is located in the same place of the soul as a mage's Avatar, we believe that is the reason why there have never been a report of such a creature Awakening, it is like a old computer with only one serial port and the printer is already attached. To me it seams like werecreatures share one huge Avatar while we have individual ones, so there are similarities...however I would need to know more about this ritual to know if it is actually an option and what it would do to Beatrice."
Cita said then she gave the door to the Verbena's room a concerned glance.
"Also after what she has been through, it is not likely that Beatrice will consent to such a treatment."
The technomancer said then she added in a serious tone of voice.
"Also Mr Karyak, if I where you I would not mention this option to Master Nassa, not if you value your life, he is rather protective of his apprentice."

But, my wereshark friend has also sensed a little dot of purity inside Beatrice avatar. Maybe it was never completelly corrupted or maybe al witterslainds are born with something like that...

"No they are born fully corrupted...however I have to admit that it is something different about Beatrice Alexander, I have seen a few of her kind, including those that hold back their destructive tendencies but there is a part of that girl that seams to be truly innocent, perhaps your friend is right...I have not been able to detect such a uncorrupted part in her though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:27 pm

IF it takes over and she's getting gilguled for it, and i tend to think many people will agree, then i will tell him. The problem is ¿what if we cleanse her avatar but she's already corrupted? We shouldn't let it get to it.

"I understand the reason why trying such a method could be beneficial to try if the poor Mercere girl can can help Beatrice and if it is that or Gilgul...however without more knowledge of this method then even as a last ditch effort it will not by accepted by our judges, Mage society are not likely to just trust that werecreatures can do this, especially as we do not even know if it can work, however I would be willing to learn about it, just in case it ends up as the only chance Beatrice have and perhaps it can also be an alternative to others like her, if an Avatar can be saved by this then it is valuable knowledge."

AS for the innocence you don't find... Maybe run a tomography and search for anomalies? Look deep, it is little but it is there, we are sure.

"Hum...yes that could work but such a deep scan could scare and upset her Avatar and be painful for her so it will have to wait until she is recovered...but I fear that she will be so traumatized that she will be to scared of anything to do with examining or doing anything with her Avatar, we can not expect her to walk away from what happened last night without mental issues, she is not likely to let me do a deep scan of her Avatar."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:47 pm

"Well if I could get some more information on the method of the werecreatures, either from you or from someone else who knows about it. I can not consider whatever or not such a method would work on a mage and what effect it would have on a mage before I know the details."
Cita said then she nodded.
"No I am good, I am going to check on my other patient the boy I told you about who have been poisoned by vampire blood, if you want to observe my methods then you are welcome to come with me Mr Kayak as long as the boy himself have nothing against it, if not then I will see you later."
The Spirit Master said with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Tane:

Well, i have to bring my friend Coawa here today so if you're available when we come then you should talk to him. He's not a shaman of his people but he knows at least what happens. Tane said with a smile.

"Ah yes the wereshark was he not? I will look forward to meeting him then. I have met a few werewolves and a werefox but not a wereshark."
Cita said with a smile then her smile faded.
"Off course I did encounter a few werecreatures when I was a Technocrat...but then under less friendly circumstances unfortunately."
The woman muttered and looked away ad if she was ashamed of what she had been.

Oh, well, if that's so let's go.

"Very well if you would come with me then Mr Kayak..."
Cita said and lead the way down to another room, this one on the third floor, she knocked on the door and waited for reply before she entered. Inside of the room, one that had the same lay out as the other apartments of the Chantry a young man sat in an old sofa, he looked pale and somewhat sick, his hair and eyes was fair and he was handsome but there was a desperation in his eyes and he kept nervously plucking at the sleeve of his gray hoodie.
"Tobias, this is Tane Kayak, he will be assisting me if that is acceptable to you?"
Cita said and the young man nodded he gave Tane a glance and smiled.
"Yeah sure that is fine...ehm hi..."
He said then he asked Cita.
"Is he a mage as well? There sure are allot? I never dreamed there where so many like myself...it....well I am glad in a way..."
Tobias said and smiles.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:12 am

Tane:

AS i said to beatrice, in that moment you were too affraid, im sure. I met Coawa when i was a kid, a time when you're not so fearful, so i can't say how it is, but i imagine it should be impressive. The important thing is that you're here now, trying to help, healing. Wounding others wounds you deeper, and healing others will eventually make you heal.

"No I was not afraid, I was wrong."
Cita said and sigh.
"I believe in what I was doing, I was raised by the Union and thought I was doing the right thing, protecting the world from the supernatural dangers that lurk in every shadow, later however I learned that the Technocracy itself live in a particularly dark shadow and that many so called Reality Deviants can be light."
The Virtual Adept said then she nodded.
"Yes perhaps healing others will eventually make up for what I have done, but there is for another reason...to make up for another sin that I begun healing Avatars."
The woman said and gave Tane a sad smile."

Just don't forget. Scars are the memories of the ones that fight wars worth fighting. Tane placed a hand on her shoulder and signed to go out.

Cita just nodded as that before she begun to lead the way towards Tobias' room.

Hello Tobias. I'm Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Here it seems to be a great concentration fo mages, but in anywhere else it should be a lot less people.

"I did not even know there where others like me before yesterday."
Tobias said and scratched his head.
"And here is a whole society."
Then he suddenly remembered himself and looked down.
"Please forgive me for speaking so freely Sir."
The boy muttered, he looked like he expected the other two magi to hit him.

So, how is his affliction, Cita?

"Bad."
Cita muttered in a tone of voice that said she would explain more when not in front of the boy who might get scared by it.
"Do you know what vampire blood do to our kind Mr Karyak?"
The Spirit Healer said before she walked over to Tobias and put her hand on his forehead and then checked his pulse.
"The first thing you need to know if you are to heal Avatars Mr Karyak is that as long as they are bound to a host, the health of the host matter."
The woman said as she checked on Tobias.

As Cita worked you feel something looking at you, something curious and playful and you notice your own Avatar being amused at something then concerned for another.
"The spirit that live inside of him Tane are like me, what that woman you speak with would call active, able to hear and see and interact with things outside of it's host, it is curious about me..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Tane:

ANd you protected it because you didn't knew what was going to happen of they were around free. It's an outcome of fear and ignorance. You can't and shoudn't "make up for" what you did. Just try to make this present better than yesterday.

"I am still responsible for my actions, but that was then this is now. I regret what I did when I was with the union but I do not dwell on it."
Cita said as she walked.
"It is what it is, I am a Traditionalist now."

IN New Zealand there are no vampires. There are too many shapeshifters. I have no idea.

"Drinking vampire blood slowly kills a Mage's Avatar, eroding it away over years, eating it away like rust eat through metal...and even worse it addict the Avatar, making both the mage and their soul addicted to the blood..."
Cita said she gave Tane a look she would not say more right now, she did not want to frighten Tobias.
"Needless to say we have to get him off that blood now and going cold turkey well."
Well it mean the boy's Avatar would enter withdrawals soon.

Got it. So, what d you feel, boy?

Tobias shrugged.
"I don't know, like before I guess...I mean there is pain, there have been pain for a while now, and I am starting to feel a craving for Dennis'...ehm my vampire friend's blood. Mostly I am just worried about Dennis' now, and overwhelmed over the whole situation really..."
The boy said and looked down in a subservient way, he looked like a beaten dog might, he was used to being at the mercy of others, that much was clear.

"It is quite unusual though...with the amount of damage there should be more pain...I have only once seen an Avatar in worse condition and while the boy are bothered by it and are having trouble sleeping, as you can see he functions and can hold a conversation..."
Cita said in a low whisper to Tane as she opened her lap top and begun a rote with it.
"I do not understand it."

And you're curious about it too, right? Tane smiled to the "Alien" as beatrice said.

"Yes...I am curious about it, but it is ill, very ill, the creature that caused such a sickness is an abomination to the song, perhaps he do not think of himself that way, perhaps he is even kind in his own way but such a creature who's blood is such a poison to us, your friend who is one of many."
Your Avatar siad referring to Coawa, you had heard him refer to the wereshark like that before as well.
"He is right, these cursed creatures should not be, just look of what it have done to this beautiful little soul."
The God said sounded angry.
"But yes I am curious, this boy's soul is very talkative, I do not often meet one such as it, I find it interesting."

I see he is active. He commented on the boy

"Another curious thing about Tobias' Avatar, usually I see such activity in Primordials, they are always the odd ones, if you excuse the term, other essences seldom behave like this...and especially so small Avatars as this one, normally a soul of this strength would hardly communicate with it's own host, much less others, but no this one is all over the place, most curious...now Mr Karyak if you come here I will show you how I examine and Avatar, I will try to explain the rote to you and you will have to see what use you can take from that."
The Spirit Master explained, her voice taking one the tone of a lecturer, she probably had apprentices, and she sounded like she was used to teaching so she was probably a good mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Tane:

IT takes time, then? Is it reversible? Asked Tane taking mental notes.

"Yes as long as the Avatar do not shatter it do heal...eventually."
Cita said then she sigh.
"It will never stop craving vampire blood though, and the addiction do not stop with it's current host, it travel the cycle from host to host."
The Virtual Adept said.
"The mental slavery the vampire have over those who drink his blood will break eventually though and magick can be used to snap that bond, but the addition never leaves."
Cita said and Tobias looked up at her, he heard that at least even if the woman spoke softly.
"I am not Dennis' slave I am his friend..."
Then the boy looked down again.
"I am sorry ma'am I spoke out of turn I..."
Cita patted Tobias on the back and at first the Orphan jumped as if he feared the small woman would hit him.
"Speak as you wish Tobias at least with me and I know Mr Lenoe have not treated you as a slave, I do not doubt he is a kind soul, but the fact remains, if he ordered you to do something you could not refuse him, a chain not felt are still a chain, his will have superseded your own and that is no way for a magus...a willworker to live."
The Spirit Healer explained kindly.

Tobias, can you see your avatar? Something or someone we can't? It speaks to you or something? He said interested in that. It's activity should not be so surprising. It might be young, and as such, it behaves like a little kid, discovering the world with hunger of knowledge. It was clear that it needed to learn the patrons of his song to follow it, get used to talking to his avatar and explain what he could.

"Avatar? Ah yes Mr Roth Hicks said that is what it are called, the voice in my head. I have seen something, just in the corner of my eyes, but for the most part all it do is talk to me, but it talks allot, it is like I walk around with running commentary Sir."
Tobias said politely and tapped his head.
"It have been my friend these years since I ehm...what did he call it? Awakened..."

Everything exists for a reason. ¿Is a snake an abomination even if it's poison necrotizes an arm? ¿Or was it not the owner of the arm trying to reach the snake the one that made it attack?

"No these things are not abominations because they can harm, and kill and what they feed on, or because they can kill one such as I. They are abominations because of what they are..."
The God said then it added.
"But it is not my place to demand you share this view, I am here to guide but your life is yours to live and so are your opinions.

Only if the vampire's hate led it to attack it would have been worth punishing, but i doubt it knew what would happen to the boy. It's Coawa's mission to kill all vampires ours is to purge the bad ones, and only them.

"Very well Tane, for now, for now."
The soul said but it seamed, agitated, it clearly did not like vampires very much.

Ok, then. What is your rote for, specifically?

"Gathering data from the boy's Avatar...or in other words to see it though I see it as data on the screen. What I first have to do is find his soul, and then that point of infinity inside of it, or that is putting it simply, for me I see it like I am scanning for his Core, the basic programming of his being, the ground program that all the rest of his code are based on..."
Cita explained as her fingers elegantly danced over the keys of her computer.
"I am running a specially written program for the scan, and run the data through a translation algorithm to make into into readable code to be displayed at my monitor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:02 am

Tane:

And there's nothing one can do to make it stop? It guides the host to a vampire to get the blood as it does to ascention? ASked Tane, puzzled and interesting. It clearly was something to be avoided.

"I do not know of any way to stop it, that off course do not mean such a way do not exist, it very well might, but however yes once an Avatar have become addicted to vampire blood, it will be like and old addict so while it might not lead the host towards it, in fact it might try to avoid it, once an Avatar have tasted such a foul substance, it will aways desire it, and even our souls might falter in their will, just as there is always a danger a former alcoholic or drug addict might start using again, that desire to will always be with such an Avatar."
Cita explained.
"That is why these creatures are such a danger to us and they do not even know it, heaven help us if they ever realized it on a massive scale and started using it against us."

So his voice is almost constant? Really interesting. Well, i got a god debating right now, but, not everytime. Never heard of an avatar that talked 24/7. What a case to study as a first lesson.

"Well i guess it have to shut up some time...?"
Cita said and looked at Tobias who nodded.
"Yeah but it do say whatever it is he want to say and he want to say something rather often."
The boy added and Cita nodded.
"So rather talkative indeed, and yes most interesting."

Ah, ok. If you explain me the reason of what you're doing and what you try to accomplish i can find my own methods. In my paradigm, you're playing his song and looking the one of his little talking fella. Basicly the same i do with the smoke and light show, but without the fuss.

"Yes that is what is am doing in essence Mr Karyak."
Cita said as she worked.
"The difference is that I can store the information I get and while your song bring out an Avatar on it's own terms into manifestation I just observe it and I can do so without it's consent."
The Virtual Adept explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 am

Tane:

"Well recording my findings are useful for me, especially when dealing with patients that need more than one treatment, and also for research purposes..."
Cita said then she added.
"But I guess to someone who are not a technomancer it is hard to imagine reading information about an Avatar on a screen, in many ways your methods are more beautiful."
She said then she looked at the screen of her lap top for a moment then she smiles.
"Good good the treatments are working, I see a slight strengthening in the boy's Avatar. I generally prescribe careful infusions of diluted Quintessence right into the Avatar itself with a few hours internals for wounded Avatars...or in this case sick ones, how diluted depends on how badly of they are, this helps strengthening them. Right now our goal is to get Tobias both body and soul in as good a condition as possible before the withdrawal starts..."
Cita said and the smile vanished from her face.
"And hope they pull through."
She added in a whisper.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Don't worry, i'd write it down on a file.

"Well I am sure that will be useful for keeping a record yes, but it will still just be an observation written down. I store a scan of an Avatar, like a scan of anything physical, it is incomplete off course since these being are infinitively wast but still it is a scan, carrying wast amounts of information."
Cita commented then she smiles.

How do i know how much i need to dilute the quintessence, and in what do i do that? It's not like if you put it on water and he drinks it. Also, how do you put it directly to the avatar?

"With tass you could dilute it in water, but tass will not give the same result, here is where I do not know how to explain it do you, I infuse into into junk code, basically code that do nothing and then merge that with the data stream of the Avatar itself...I am not sure how a mystic would do it."
The technomancer explained.
"The first question really are if you are able to touch and manipulate Ephemera at such a complex level. Now I know these rankings we use have their limitations, they say nothing about the individual Paradigm but it can give some indication, what are your rank in what the Hermetics call the Sphere of Spirit Mr Karyak?"

Withdrawal? it doesn't always work?

Cita sigh she glanced at Tobias as if she was not sure how much she should say.
"It always works in the sense that when a...ghoul, that is what the vampires call them, are deprived of that cursed blood they go into withdrawal just like a drug addict would, and once that is over and the blood is out of their system they are clean. However getting of vampire blood is one of the more...difficult withdrawal processes, it is worse than heroin..."
The Virtual Adept hesitated and Tobias looks down he draw his knees up to his chest and wrap his thin arms around them where he sits on the old sofa.
"Just tell me please Ma'am, I am going to find out sooner or later right?"
He muttered and Cita sigh.
"Well...ehm, most healthy, young people who have not been on the blood so long that a sudden onset of aging is a problem survives the process...they will feel like shit for a good while but they survive but for a mage...well it is not just the physical body that are addicted, the Avatar is as well, and in their weakened state it is not certain that either soul nor host will survive...well let us just say I will have my work cut out for me."
The Spirit Healer muttered and sat down next to the boy and patted his shoulder before she glanced up at Tane. Tobias said nothing he simply looked down,
"I want to see Dennis, if I am going to die..."
Cita shook her head and put her hand against the Orphan's cheek.
"You are not going to die Tobias, you are going to fight kid, and you are going to make it out alive but it is going to be one hell of a ride but I will make damned sure you survive, that both you and the voices inside of you survive...but you can not see Dennis, not yet...you will crave his blood and..."
Tobias said nothing, he only looked down, he was afraid he would be hurt if he spoke against someone older and more experienced, but it was clear he did not agree and he desperately wanted to see his vampire friend.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Tane:

Hermetics callme an Adept in Spirits. I have never tried to to something like touching an avatar, sounds too risky. But then... Well i understood it well it's like an inyection. I think i know how to try to do it.

"And Adept should be able to perform such a magickal act and yes touching an Avatar is complicated though that your level you will not be able to do one any harm, irritate it perhaps but not harm it."
Cita said then she added.
"But it can cause discomfort to both the soul and the host and should not be done unless you have to. Yes what I am talking about is like an injection in a way but it should not be done like that, you should offer the Quintessence to the Avatar not force it or you will hurt the host quite a bit."

Maybe it's not that bad for you. You should be in hell, with a pain that wouldn't let you think nor sleep, but here you are, almost fine. Maybe it's not that bad with you.
In any case, What about a call? That would make you feel better?

Tobias nodded.
"Yeah Miss Cita said that...I am in better condition than I should be."
The young man said and nodded.
"Yes a call would make me feel better but I doubt Dennis will be able to reply."
The Orphan said and Cita explained.
"The vampire in question have been hunted by a Nephandus we suspect is a Master of the Art and in addition once mage society in general learn that he have poisoned an Avatar then there are quite a few mages who would take it upon themselves to...harm this man. Chief Morgan offered Mr Lenoe protection at this Chantry until things blows over, however considering how dangerous these beings are the Chief could not allow Mr Lenoe to walk around the Chantry free so he is kept staked, which leave a vampire conscious and alive but completely immobilized."
Cita said and Tobias looked down, he was clearly very upset over how his friend was being kept.
"I guess he might like to hear my voice at least."
The Orphan muttered.

(OOC: Tane is a Disciple but he might actually not know the difference since he do not know allot about the Traditions and have not met that many Traditionalists.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:01 am

(OOC 2: I missed something to reply for Gandiya, can you remind me for it must have slipped my mind sorry. Now as for the ranks yes Adept is more than Tane is. *Apprentice **Initiate ***Disciple ****Adept *****Master ******(and beyond)Archmage.)

Tane:

I get it. I can think of some ways to gently apply it more like an ointment than an injection.

"Yes that would be a better way to do it. Like I said the way I see it I join the code of the Quintessence with that of the Avatar I am treating, but for you seeing it as an ointment might work."

I don't know if i want to be able to harm them, either. Tane said.

"If one can heal, one can also harm Tane."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"If one is reaching the point where one can create Ephemera, the matter that spirits, including Avatars are made of then one can also destroy it, however you are far away from both as of yet."

Ah! That's the vampire! Well, at least from what i've heard, he came and asked an aquaitance of mine to do that to him, so maybe it's for the best. Would you like to have a pictore of him or something like it? Maybe know his song?

"Well he went willingly and I do not blame the mages Sir, they are afraid of him and I do not like how he is being kept but they have said that if he want to leave, they will release him so I do understand that even if they hurt him, they are also keeping him safe."
Tobias replied then he nodded.
"Yes I would like a picture of him...I gave up all my personal belongings, the Tremere...ehm vampire magicians, had shown an interest in me, and Dennis did not want them to be able to use my stuff to get to me, I am not sure how they could do that but apparently they can. So yes I would very much like a picture of him."
The young mage looked puzzled.
"His song? I am afraid I do not know what you mean Sir, I mean I have heard him singing in the shower but other than that I do not think he have one."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next