Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane 2

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane 2 Empty Posts for Tane 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Ok we need a new thread for this since the forum only allow threads to be 40 pages long.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Posts for Tane 2 Empty Re: Posts for Tane 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

I would say yes Tane can see the ligths seen in the end of the forested pats as reminding him of Boston, normally he would roll Cosmology but as long as he is following the werewolves they know the way, the Umbra is as natural to travel for them as the physical world is, so Tane should be fine if he just go with them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Great! New thread!
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:35 pm

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

You and the werewoves traveed in sience for a moment along the forested path, the lupines did not feel like talking carrying their dead as they where. Finally after some time you could see more of a city around you. There where buildings and roads but everything seamed more real and more symbolic, the hospital you walked past glowed while the police station where a medieval fortress. Eventually Dino stopped.
"We can cross over into physical reality here friend...then we wil go to tend to the bodies of our fallen comerades."
He said before he sidestepped into physical reality and the other fera joined after him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:49 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

Tane Nodded, thankful of being able to accompany them. With all luck, he would be close to a bus stop to get home, so he sidestepped

You stepped out into the physical world, you where in the marches, near where there was a small parking lot used by those who visited the park, you could get to a bus stop by walking for twenty minutes or so.
"Are you okey to get back home on your own Tane or do you want me to send one of my warriors with you? After all those servants and minnions of the Wyrm tainted mages that escaped are after all still out there and they might want revenge."
Dino stopped and offered when you came out of the Umbra.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:41 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

Two of us won't do much. I also promised to come and join for the passing of your people, but i suspect you'll do that as soon as the moon rises, right? So i'll go home, get cleaned up and then i'll get back when it's all ready, unles you want me before that.

"Very well Tane, but please be careful on your way home. We will return to our camp, I will ask a spirit to wait for you and take you there when you return, we will wash our fallen friend's bodies in the river, they will not go to the ancestors covered in filth, and build funeral fires and then we will send them to rest before we eat and drink and celebrate their lives and the sacrifice they made, they died with honor, they should be celebrated."
Dino said raw emotion in his voice.
"You are welcome when you come back friend."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:05 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening)

I know. They achieved much today, though, and that's a relief.
I'll come back when summoned. Until then, friend.

"Yes they did, they died as warriors. You do not have to wait until summoned give us three hours for the preperations and then you can return frind, for now then farewell and be safe."
Dino said then he and his pack, carrying their dead vanished into the woods.

((We should do the visit with the old garou woman))

[Tane] (Meeting with an old shaman earlier in the day.)

You arrived at an apartment building, the shaman woman you where visiting where living in one of the apartments on the seventh floor, you had the snacks she had requested with you and where ready to go and meet with her before returning to Steelhaven to join in the strike on the Labyrinth later in the day.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening) >>> ((DO we play since whe Tane goes back or should we say he goes and nothing special happens, or what?))

(OOC: We should play it out as several of his new Cabalmembers are waiting to talk to Tane.)

(Earlier in the day)

Tane went up and knocked on the door, curious of how this could go

A very, very old African American woman opened the door, she was tiny and age and made her bent and croked, she had so many wrinkles her skin looked like bark, very inteligent, black eyes looked at you and braided, stark white hair decorated with beads where set into a neat bun on the top of her head. The woman was wearing a white dress, a necklace carved from bones and gold earrings. She was supporting herself on a carved wood cane, decorative, colorful rings decorated her bony fingers.
"The tea is ready young man, we will eat and have tea an then we will talk."
She said as she regarded you with wise old eyes. Inside of her apartment you saw a slew of spirits, many of them wounded and in the process of healing, every potted plant had a spirit sitting under it, the sink had a spirit, everywhere was spirits who now also regarded you curiously.
"And say hello to my friends."
The old werewolf informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:48 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening)

(OOC: We can do both scenes at once if you will, both Tane getting home and his meeting with the old werewolf.)

(Returning to Steelhaven in the evening.)

You arrive back to Steelhaven when darkness had fallen, some of the members of other Chantries who had been fighting with the mages of Steelhaven where still around but most had gone home. You arrived back just at Jon, one of the Virtual Adepts where on his way down the stairs, the skinny man nodded his head towards you.
"Mr Karyak you are back safe? Your shapechanger friends have been worried about you and you should probably tell Master Sharaya that you are back since he is waiting to see if you need help."
The Virtual Adept adviced.

(Meeting with an old shaman.)

Something tells me you'll like what i brought. It's wonderful to meet all of you. And o brought all this four them. Tane said smiling, as he entered and left the snacks on the table, and a large bag of incense for the spirits. I hope i didn't come late. It's been too many things to do.

"Ah you have brought gifts for my friends, how thoughtful."
The stern old womman said and she seamed to approve of that.
"If you would kindly light that, let us see if they like you, while I put the tea on the table, I prefer tea to meals over coffee, I assume this will be acceptable to you."
She said as she moved into her colorful but very tidy and clean kitchen, supporting herself on a cane as she walked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:54 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven in the evening.)

Ah, yes, they worry too much. I'm just filthy and tired, but i'm alright. I'll see master Sharaya and get cleaned after. How is everyone else? how many losses? Tane asked with a tired face.

"Our Chantry did not loose anyone, but several of the other Chantries had losses, I think we lost 11 magi all in all."
Jon said in a tired tone of voice.
"And several more was injured but we got them, the Labyrrinth I mean we took it down."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
"Ehm...if you are hungry there are some food in the kitchen, Master Haagen made some."

Yeah, my home's filled with company too. It's turning slowly into a healing caern so i thought oyu'rs would be the same. Tane started lighting the incense for them and smiled I'm not used to drink anything lese than water, but we all have a different taste. Can i help you in something, by the way?

"My home is not a Caren, but I bring the spirits I find that needs help and healing and do what I can for them."
The old woman said and she gave her little friends a kind smile.
"If you wish water instead of tea you can find a glass in that cupboard over there and help yourself in the sink, and no, you can bring the lunch and sit down and let us eat and talk."
She said and she brought her teacup over to the kitchen table witch was covered by a colorfully embroidered table cloth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:35 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven.)

(At Steelhaven.)

I'll tell something to Master Narim, maybe we could do something for them. In any case, it was a victory nonetheless. What i fear is... a dozen mages and a dozen more werewolves for a single labyrinth that didn't attack. How many of those do we have here in Boston? we don't have that much people if there are more like this one here.

"Do something for them? Like sending flowers or something? I guess we could do that."
Jon said then he raised an eyebrow.
"There are many ways to attack Mr Karyak, the Labyrinth where not just sitting there doing nothing until we attacked them, they where trying to do a ritual which would have more or less ended the world, a plan that had been years in the making, but no we can not afford major losses regularly, I do not want us to have any losses but sometimes risking ones life is neccesary."

Let them, It's normal. Do you go around looking for them? Or do they just find you?

"A little of both, I find them and they find me. I am old now and someday soon I will change for the last time and run free and then I will join my ancestors, hopefully they will be pleased with my life, for now though I can help spirits, and that is then what I will do, we should all strive to do what we can after all young man."
The shaman said as she sipped her tea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:19 am

After he hung up, a dark shadow flickered across his face, and he stalked upstairs to look for Tane...

(OOC: Well Marino were would your character be? Colin will come looking for him soon after Tane have spoken with Jon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

It was a soul forced to that place. It was a concept of rot, just a natural process, and it was turned into a vessel. It's the same they did with the youngsters forced down the Caul we have seen. They too are losses to the world.

Jon gave you a rather confused look at this.
"Ehm...what I was talking about Mr karyak was that the Labyrinth as in the group of Nephandi where not just sitting there, just as when I talk about a Chantry I am not talking about the brick and mortar the building is made of."
The Virtual Adept said.

Meeting with Colin:

You had just left Jon to go to your apartment and had started finding things in your fridge for a meal when Colin knocks on your door.

(OOC: You will not have had time to go look for Cadence or the fera yet at this point.)

(Meeting with an old Shaman.)

Sadly, we rarely see old individuals among the Fera. It's an almost unique chance. And i am grateful and honored to make your acquaitance. Tane said with a humble nod. Do you feel your life was a good one?

"We are a warrior pepole and so most of us die an honorable death before we truly get old, and for many of us that is how we would want it. Back in the day when a Garou where so old he or she could not shapechange properly anymore, the other members of their pack would kill them during a ritual to avoid them having to slowly become decrapid, most packs do not do this anymore, and often old shamans are allowed to live for what lessons we can give, we are still useful to our packs even if we can not run with it anymore."
The very old woman said and sipped her tea.
"There is worse things than dying in combat while young, but as long as I have lessons to give my life have meaning young mage."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am

Colin knocked on Tane's door firmly, his scarred face turning into a stern, stony frown.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

(Speaking with Tane)

Tane as you stand preparing pots and ingredients for cooking a meal you hear knocking on the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

[Tane's apartment]
Tane left everything and opened the door. He was bruised all over and had only his pants on, so it was visible all the scarring and tattoos he had. This much tattoos made it look like he didn't have his torso naked.
Tane had his hair wet, his face with an expression of abatement and tiredness that didn't break his confident smile.
Ah, Colin! Please, come in. I was just starting to make dinner. Have a seat, and tell me what I can do for you?
He gave Tane a stern look, "Thank you, Mr. Karyak, we have quite important matters in dire need of discussion."
He slipped inside and closed the door behind him, standing in an authoritative pose, "I do not believe you realise how lucky you are to be alive. That's not once, but twice now that you have ignored the chain of command in a combat situation. Master Dupuis, I am informed, would have been well within his rights to execute you on the spot in the Labyrinth today. We can avoid a trial, I think, but it will require you to do precisely as I say, and even then we have to hope for the best."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm

of course, you're right jajaja, sorry, I was actually talking about the place. Yeah, well, I didn't like to let the servants go... But I suppose that's part of our bargain.

"The servants are likely irrelevant, I hard about that situation Mr Karyak and the thing is that if your group had fought them, you would have won, but it would have come at the price of losses, your group's resources being even more strained and time, sometimes you have to let the small fry go in order to be able to take out those that really matters."
Jon said as he regarded you carefully.

(Speaking with an old shaman.)

I'm more used to Rokea, and they get to be older than most, and value survival. Tane commented before eating a bit.

"Ah yes the Rokea, with their first change they stop aging, there are members of their kind out therre in the oceans who are thosands of years old."
The old woman said as she took a piece of cake on her fork and sampled it.
"Ah yes this is quite delicious."
She said and she gave you a rare smile.

ancestral knowledge is greatly valued, you know? I am writing the stories of my people, and of the spirits i meet too let them last and it has been of great interest to the general public. maybe if you like we could record what can be made public to preserve it

"Your job is an important one child, but my knowledge are for the garou and my pack and Sept and will be perserved with the spirits and with those I talk with, I am afraid that I can not share with an outsider."
The old woman said and sipped her tea.
"But you did not come here just to keep an old woman company over tea young one, I assume you seek my guidence so given that you have brought a quite delicious cake, ask your questions and we will see if I can privide the answers you seek."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:32 am

[Tane's apartment]
I am aware of how my passions are misleading, friend. But i have proven my worth far excedes any of these misconducts. Tane said, getting back to the coocking.
Colin frowned, "Have you, now? Master Haagen refuses to partake in any mission with you along, and only the promise of your making a formal apology to him will keep him from filing charges. Master Dupuis... I haven't heard from him, but you are going to have to smooth things over with him, too, to avoid him filing a complaint against the whole Chantry for your irreverence. And considering the Chief Quaesitor of Boston already hates several members of this Chantry, and is a member of Master Dupuis' Chantry, that is not a battle we will want to deal with... Not while we're still sorting out the consequences of the Fallen's activities."

He couldn't hace tried it. And even if he wants to start an effective trial, i'm always nothing more than an ally from a craft, still not fully part of the traditions. Tane's expresion was sad and disappointed I didn't put anyone at risk, i belive. And i have always helped the cause at the best of my ability, even if i have not always been perfect. Why do they always want to shove politics down my throat? Tane shook his head in disagreement, and silence rose for an instant.
His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, voice hard, "Your defiance on the battlefield, your taking command from the senior member of your team, that's got nothing to do with politics. A member of a strike team striking out on their own and confusing the chain of command is not an asset, it's a liability. It worked out well enough these times, but it's the sort of thing that will someday end up getting people killed. If not you, then someone else on the team. And in war, that's the sort of thing that will end up getting you executed. That's the same between Sleeper military services and the bloody Ascension War."
His voice softened a little, "I will, however, acknowledge that you seem to have the best intentions at heart, even if you come across as something of a savage... And Heavens know, the Traditions could use some of that vitality, but if you don't learn to adjust to new, so-called civilized circumstances, your entire Craft may risk being ostracized by the Traditions, and that would expose you to the threats of the Union and the Nephandi both."

I will do as you say, sure. I get you only want the best for me, but i'd prefer to stand alone. I won't change my ways of fighting or behaviour for some political issue i don't understand, and i don't want to drag anyone with me.
He frowned, "You are missing the point - you do not stand alone, you've already made connections with people who would be at risk if you were to simply disappear, or worse, if you were to be put on trial for insubordination. Coawa can take care of himself, I believe, but Beatrice's case would risk being reviewed in light of guilt by association. Strawberry might find herself without the protection afforded by being your guest. And that goes double for the wereshark in the broken fridge... her name was Paula, wasn't it? No man is an island, and whether you want to drag someone with you or not is irrelevant - if you go down, you will bring others with you..."
His tone shifted for the sterner again, "So, tonight, you will write a formal apology for your insubordinations to Master Haagen and Master Dupuis, and you will present them to me in the morning so I can make sure they have a sufficiently respectful and apologetic tone, and that they cover the pertinent points of your... regrettable decisions. And, you will owe them both a favour of some sort, the magnitude of which will have to be negotiated with them at a later date. They may be magnanimous and let the favour part slide, but it will be offered. Am I clear on that?"

His voice softened again, "With that out of the way, you do have a guest; I rescued a Captain Welder, from another Craft, in the Labyrinth. She had come to Boston to meet with you, and that might lead to a stronger alliance between your respective Crafts and the Traditions as a whole. You will want to speak with her in the morning, too; right now, she is resting after first being tortured, and then attempted assassinated. Also, you should know, Miss Clearwater has been moved to the prisoner transport to Horizon. You will not pursue her now, that's not going to help anyone. The Quaesitor who collected the prisoners promised to put Miss Clearwater at the bottom of the docket, so her trial will be one of the last... I bought you time to compile your case for that Werewolf ritual you've been talking about. I don't have the timetable for the trials yet, but I believe you have a few weeks, at least, so I would recommend you make the best possible use of that time to get the information you need on the ritual, research it thoroughly, and have your findings reviewed by a couple of experts. I will help with that latter part - but keep in mind, the clock is ticking, and without some supporting evidence and analyses, you won't be able to help Miss Clearwater."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:37 am

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

I know. It still bothers me greatly. They know a lot of our tactics and their intel could prove dangerous nonetheless. Tane said with a frown of distaste.

"They probably knew our tactics regardless but yes they have seen some of our faces which could become a problem if a new Labyrinth accept them, generally though they are escaped slaves and hedge wizards and there is a limit to how much harm they can do and if any of them make to much noise we can find this induvidual and take care of him or her."
Jon said and shrugged.

(Earlier speaking with an old haman.)

I know of those, but never met one. I can't imagine the mind of one so old. Tane thought out loud.

"Old minds often get more turned towards the Weaver, at least this is the case with really old members of your own kind and of other creatures, one reason why the group of mages known as Dreamspeakers often refuse to extend their natural lives with magick, choosing to live and die while their minds are still mallable and open to learn."
The old woman said.
"Old fera though often stay softer and more dynamic but even with ancient Rokea time takes it toll on their minds."

Tane giggled a little at that I would have, and i might in the future, but once this battle over Boston has ended.

"Well that would be nice young man, food taste better when shared."
The old werewolf said with a soft chuckle.

But you are right. I wanted to ask you for a little guidance. I am looking for ways to cleanse someone of the dark influence of the wyrm. I'm looking to bring someone back after being forced to dance the black spiral. I was told you might know something.

"What you speak of is not easy...but there might be ways though they would be terribly dangerous."
The old woman said and she sipped her tea and gave you a toughtful look.
"This person you seek to help, they are one of your own? Not one of mine?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 am

[Tane's Apartment]
I will ask him his forgiveness. It was a missconduct, although he never acted as a leader, once the battle was set he never issued any order other than contradicting my ideas. In any case, that's the end of it, because he has not proven worth in anything else that i have seen, and that, to me, is just a political charge. Maybe he was a lot more powerful, but i know not if the man is.
In any case, the other Chief Quaesitor is not the guy that is looking to end Beatrice's avatar and i saved just a time ago? That guy will come after us anyway, there's no damage control we can do there. Tane exposed frowning.
Colin shook his head, "The Chief Quaesitor is Vittoria D'Angelo, and you are quite likely correct, she will come after us every way she legally can. And that is where the damage control comes in; if she gets even the slightest excuse for coming here with an investigation, she will dig in like a tick and find some pretense for expanding the investigation to others, until she finds the flimsiest shred of potential apparent wrongdoing that she can use to get to Beatrice... Which means that, yes, there is quite a bit of work for us to make sure we are unassailable."
He sighed, "Also, Master Haagen is a Master of the Art. He proved that by making Primium, the very metal used to coat the ships that fly through the Umbra; do not dismiss someone's rank as merely political. And as one old warrior to a younger one - never dismiss politics, either. Not knowing your allies and your enemies equally will trip you up on the battlefield when you don't know why they fight."

Tane faced Colin and frowned with a steeled look upon his faceWhat do you mean by that?
He met Tane's gaze with his own, completely even, not a twitch on his face, "What I mean is that you are here representing your Craft, and your conduct, your preparedness to work alongside us rather than striking out on your own and ignoring us will reflect very much on your Craft as a whole. Meanwhile, there are forces in the Traditions that show some reluctance to letting newcomers in - and giving them ammunition for their, hm, gatekeeping is not a good plan. Your faction has apparently managed to stay safe up to now, presumably by mostly being in places where so-called civilization has not yet reached... but that won't last forever, and I'm sure your Elders have realized that with every year, the Technocracy's grip creeps closer... Joining with the Traditions would gain you access to greater resources to hold the Union at bay."

That will come back at us and bite us in the ass. Maybe cost lives. You sure that's necessary? Maybe a gift?

Captain Welder... never heard of the woman. I, belive that's good. Such a shame they got to her... do you know how long has she been a prisoner of the nephandi?
He pondered for a moment, "A gift... Yes, that could work as an appeasement instead of a favour. But, this is an old Hermetic, so the nature of the gift will have to be carefully considered. No severed bits of Nephandi or anything of the sort. As for Captain Welder, I don't know when she was caught, but I do not think she had been there for very long... she'd been treated very roughly, though, so she'll need a bit of rest. But I believe she's up in Dr. Lee's apartment now - you can go and see her at your leisure, but I would wait until morning, personally."

Cadence's no longer in the chantry? Or hasn't she left? Tane jumped alarmed ready to go out If she's here still i want to see her, tell her... something. I can't let her go through this alone. He took a jacket and closed it to turn out.
He shook his head, gently laying his left hand on Tane's left shoulder, "She was already sedated, and I believe the ship will be loaded and departed by now. They won't let you wake her up to talk, in any case... and there's a separate worrying factor that I'll discuss with you when I know no-one can hear. For now... let Miss Clearwater be where we know she'll be; I've got my lawyer keeping half an eye on her, so we've bought you time. Make your dinner and get to work on the cleansing ritual; if you can get it to work reliably, you'll be able to save her soul. If you get distracted, you might not get the chance..."
He frowned, "I, too, have a vested interest in your success; I know there will be two methods of restoring an Avatar available, but both of those require the determination of the Mage in question to do the work - and they will take time. If you can find a ritual to undo the work of the Caul more quickly, make that your top priority. That's not an order, that's me asking you to do so, man to man."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Obviously, you're right. It's just sad that we can't do more.

"There are always more enemies, more that could be done, it would drive a man insane to worry about all he can not do, it is better to focus on what we can do."
Jon said and shrugged.

(Earlier speaking with an old shaman.)

I'd be in that group, Dreamspeakers. A lie, but a lie we need to endure.

"That would be the work of Europeans who can not seperate one practice not of their own from another, they argue the differences between Russian witchcraft and 1500 English Alchemy, but that there can be a difference between the traditions of a Somali willage healer and a Hopi shaman that they do not seam to get so they lump you all into one group."
The old woman scoffed.
"What are called the Treamspeakers are not one Tradition it is dozens if not hundreds, many of witch have no more in comon than your Sons of Ether do the Verbena."
The woman said showing that she had fair knowledge of mage society.
"And from your tattoos child you are Kopa Loei, they where not originally a part of the Dreamspeakers at all where they?"
She asked and sipped her tea.

That's right. I want something that can cleanse them, there are a lot, with or without their acceptance. But for the ones that actually want to get cleansed like a couple of youngsters that have been forced to dance down so that their teachers would be spared, i'd prefer them able to keep living. There are algo a lot of us that are born corrupted. Once you dance the black spiral, that part of your soul is blackened since that moment and you carry that darkness into your next life. THose children need to be cleansed and have a chance to live as anyone.

"Hum...I think I understand where you are getting young one. You are asking about our realms of punishment Erebus. I am afraid that realm hold little other than sadism and cruelty. It is based on the idea that pain cleanses. It have it's uses to keep my kind in line, every so often one of us repeatedly break the laws and they have to be punished for everyone's sake, Erebus lets us punish our criminals and not have to execute them, there are to few og us left to execute when there is a issue.. However I do not think pain and torture cleanse anyone, that is religious nonsense responsible for far more suffering than anything should. It is true every so often we find a Garou wandering, far to old to be a first changer, and with no memory of his or her earlier life and this have led to the rumor that they are former Black Spiral Dancers cleansed by Erebus, I do not think that is anything but rumors and wishful thinking though. In any case Erebus clease Garou there are no way it would work on a mage, it cleanses with silver."
The old shaman said then she took a bite of the cake and considered you for a moment.
"There might be another way to do what you seek however it would be insanity to do it and more than likely would lead to the death or worse of anyone who tried....are you still interested in hearing about it even if it may cost you your life, likely would?"
She said as she met your eyes and looked for the resolve needed there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 am

[Tane's apartment]
Just my people's practices and the nature of my investigation, and my natural talents are enough motive for her to come after me and actually have some real basis for investigation. That are things i can not let down, so she'll always have some excuse.
Colin shook his head, "Not entirely accurate, I should think. Unless your people's practices revolve around dealing in corrupted Quintessence, working together with the Enemies of Creation, or actively dismissing your elders or the like, that might give her a motive, but not much of a justification. And it's the justification that is the problem; in insulting a senior Mage during a combat mission, you've provided justification, unless we can sort it out before a formal complaint is filed."

I'll take the advise to know more about everyone, but he still didn't organize us, so is like nothing. The point is he did nothing BUT contradict me, so of curse it frustrates me.
He arched an eyebrow, "And consider it from his perspective - he is the senior ranking member of the strike team, out to rescue prisoners, and suddenly the unranked new guy starts yelling out orders, confusing the chain of command, and putting the mission at risk? You do not think he was frustrated?"

I'm here hunting an aberration that needed destroying, i'm no diplomat nor am i any kind of representative. I'm young and not even powerful... I can't be taken as an example of my craft!
He smiled thinly, "You are selling yourself short there. While I will agree that you are no diplomat, I would dispute your claim that you're not powerful. You can sing an Avatar out of its host; I've never heard of anyone being able to do that before, and given time, you might become a better Avatar healer than Master Telar... but you are a warrior, and in that, you represent your Craft; you are presently the only example of your Craft's practices we see, and your actions and conduct will determine whether you are all deemed capable warriors, or unruly hooligans. Right now... you've come off as more of a savage beast than a cunning warrior, but I believe you can still make amends."

Hey, i can use them to take quintessence and maybe i can make some powerful ink for them? I understand they are the kind of merlin mages, right? with spellbooks and the like? Something of that sort can be a good idea and i just have to kill nephandi. Tane said I'd use the ashes. Promise.
He frowned, "Er, no, any Quintessence you might extract from parts of Nephandi would likely be as corrupted as the Nephandi you... vivisected. Besides, I don't think ashes, human or otherwise, make for good ink pigments. But yes, the Hermetics are the Merlin sort of Mages. Well, probably; if I recall correctly, the Order of Hermes was founded some 200 years after the days of King Arthur and his court, so it's probably more correct to say that the Hermetics are the basis for the common idea of Merlin... Hum, a better idea for a gift might be some exotic materials - a wand carefully carved from an ancient tree from your homeland, a natural pearl with an awakened spirit, a tooth from a wereshark, that sort of thing."

HMN.... Tane mumbled, frowning Something has been stalking my home. It's a Node filled with weresharks and the like, nothing will happen to it... but if she was comming to my house and they took her... that means they are starting to encircle it.
He frowned, "There are... other possibilities there - there are reasons to suspect she was targeted specifically before she even reached Boston, and captured before she even had her bearings in the city. We don't know yet. But in this, you are blameless."

Tane debated himself between leaving and comming back, but eventually he kicked the floor Fuck! he exclamed, and let go an abated sigh. It's key to theyr recovery to WANT to be better. Being treated as criminals and feel betrayed and lied to won't help.
He nodded, "I thought as much... And no, being betrayed and lied to, that's generally how they're tricked into the bloody Caul to begin with. And unfortunately, their Fall makes them criminals. The way back, though, must start with giving them a fair chance to redeem themselves..."

What do you know? Tane asked seriously
He arched an eyebrow, "A girl named Susannah Florentine managed to cleanse her Avatar through a series of unpleasant Seekings where she apparently... untwisted her Avatar. That's the quick and painful method of which I am aware. The other method is a lot slower, and involves meditation rather than outright Seekings; my own apprentice will learn that from a vampire. I am yet uncertain of exactly how the two methods work, in part since I've only had confirmation of their successes to go by - and one of those is from visions of the future. But they work. The question is whether or not this method from the werewolves can offer a third option?"[/quote]
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 am

Of course, of course. I thank your time, Jon, i'm sorry we've not done enough, so i'll be seeing you around, ok? Tane said and went to Master Sharaya's office

"No problem Mr Karyak, and yes you likely will since I live here."
Jon said and he gave you a nod of his head as you left. You knocked on the door of Narim's office but there where no one there. A young woman, dressed as a hippie with long flowing hair and dress who where heading down the corridor gave you a smile.
"If you are looking for Master Sharaya then he is down the hall, that room there, that is Ty Smithson's room, there was some trouble in his office and it have not been cleaned up yet so he is using Mr Smithson's room for now."
The woman explained to you.

(Speaking with an old shaman.)

I see you know mages wel. Better than i know Fera, at least. You are right about everything, of course, master.

The old woman smiled a little.
"I have had many friend from varius groups over the years and the Umbra is home to both of our kind."
She replied as she ate a bit more cake, pausing to savor the flavor.

Your connection to Gaia is the conection with our personal avatars. There's a THeory that Gaia is the Avatar of all of your race, so you'd be akin to us. In any case, we have something like our little personal sprout of Gaia that lets us make Magick. NOw, when a mage dances de Black Spiral, he gets his avatar shattered, and put back together wrong. Twisted, undone, he becomes basicly a thing that wants to undo the existence.

"I have heard about this happening to mages, it is a terrible fate and a cruel path to walk."
The old woman commented and she frowned deeply.
"I see I have heard mage speak of their Avatars, the spirit that live inside of your kind and yet it is not a part of the regular spirit world..."

What i need to do is bring those avatars back and restore people's sanity, or kill the person's and let the avatar be reborn healed.
There are people i love that need this cure. If we could force this people, then we can win an ages long war we have not been able to turn it's tides ever since. I need to know every possible idea you might have. I've been told of 2 possible avenues of aproaching it, one of them with a ritual. Is that correct?

"I have not heard of any rituals or two methods to do such a thing child, or any method at all. However there is a place, near the deepest part of the formed Umbra, a realm that is the cradle of the Wyld, a wild mad votex of endless change, it is said that in this vortex anyting can be changed, nothing is solid, still or unchangable, it is possible that entering this vortec, if you have a shaman with you that are skilled and focused enough to lead the vortex then even the state of such a corrupted soul can be change, I can not stress enough the dangers of this though, as this is the very manifestation of change as well, more likely than not anyone entering will just be swept away, become a part of the ever changing vortex and loose themselves forever but it is a chance that if controlled, if just for an instant the change you wish could be acomplished."
The old woman said as she regarded you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Ah, thank you, i'm comming back to Ty's room. Thank you!

"No problem."
The woman in the flowing dress said and she gave you a warm smile.
"I am Bianca by the way, I hear you have been kind to my sister, thank you."
She said and she reached out in a greeting with a thin hand covered with rings and cheap bangle bracelets that ratteled as she moved.

(Talking with an old shaman.)

That can be useful. Tell me more of this realm! If there's a way to focus such change into turning the madness and change into the task at hand, that'd be great.

"I can not give you a user's manual child, and there is little to say past what I already have, the realm is a great vortex, however it can be controlled by a skilled enough shaman and used to change anything, however such a thing would be a great task, and a dangerous one."
The old woman said as she regarded you with her dark brown eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:07 pm

[Tane's apartment]
There will always be a reason to look upon cannibals and followers of dead people, and Fera lovers. Tane Shrugged.
Colin shook his head, "Hardly the point - Verbena have rituals that involve cannibalism, the order of Hermes have some pretty potent necromancy, and I don't think any of the Traditions have explicit problems with the Changing Folk - in fact, I know one Verbena woman who was raised in a Werewolf pack, married a vampire, and commands a fair bit of respect in her own right. Our laws as a whole are far less nitpicky in that regard; there are really only eight laws that govern the Traditions as a whole, though most Traditions have a fairly complex internal code to govern their own. Unfortunately, you've broken the First Protocol: Respect Those of Greater Knowledge, and twice, in combat. That's one hell of an opening for a hostile Quaesitor, and we need to close it as quickly as possible. If you like, I can go over the Eight Protocols with you next week, give you a rough overview of the dos and don'ts - they're deceptively simple."

We were getting overrun and they needed to be rallied, but he did nothing. I was to wait until we were all dead? i got excited with the servants, but they now know a lot of us and we know nothing of them.
He nodded, "The thralls were never a big problem. They can identify some of us by sight - that's not much help to them. They'll be hunted down soon enough, whether by us or the Union... or they'll get out of the magical world in general. Some Thralls are Sleepers abducted and forced into servitude; killing them would be... unkind."

My teacher is really powerful, i'm nothing compared to him. I'm surprised really nobody here can actually translate their own paradigms to others or become vessels for the spirits and avatars...
He smiled thinly, "Oh, we're not unable to translate our Paradigms to others. And my own Avatar has taken physical control of my body on a few occasions. But your knack for inviting an Avatar out - that seems utterly unique, and might be unrelated to your Paradigm in and of itself. Masters of Spirit can force and Avatar out of its host, but only a rare few Avatars habitually manifest outside their Mage without being forced out. In this, you really should not belittle yourself."

I use my blessings of resistence to absorb all damage from the most dangerous enemies and try to use tactics they don't spect to take them down. It's all one could hope and is all that's demanded for me for my blessings and the chance to help others.
He dragged a hand across the scars on his face, "The problem isn't our using unexpected tactics. You were told we wanted the Trapmaker alive, and you made no attempt to hold back even after you'd taken her down... That's a problem. Your methods are perfectly fine when it comes to ending a battle quickly, or taking down a powerful adversary in a permanent manner, but you seem to lack a measure of restraint. Not always a bad thing, but certainly not always a good thing, either."

Don't be silly, i can take that and sever all it's connection with it's owner and the corruption it carries. Sure, it will be probably entropic, but not corrupted.
In any case, i won't give them a link to any friend or any other. It has to be something neutral, inoquous, but useful.
He shook his head, "Cleansing corruption is not that simple, I'm afraid. If it were, we'd have a lot less trouble with getting rid of corrupted Quintessence when it is confiscated. Well, that's half-true; I did find a reliable method of disposing of corrupted Quintessence yesterday without ill effects, but that burns off the Quintessence entirely rather than leave a cleansed product in its stead..."

I know, i didn't do it, but the point was i was thinking maybe they have targeted her for seeing her reach out for me. But if you say this is previous, that's a relief.
He nodded, "I believe she was targeted for herself, not for you - though, that does not necessarily mean you won't be targeted as well."

Those are not two ways, Colin. That is one and the same, and the Werewolves can give you only the key to unlocking the ONly Way. One must want, then learn, then make things happen. Just like any magick. It's a journey, and i can't assure anyone how it works, but i belive i can find the way to control it.
He arched an eyebrow, "They are two ways, two distinct methods. Rather comparable to the difference between making whipped cream using a whisk, and using an electric mixer. They might seem similar from a distance, but the time and effort expended does make a difference. Aside from that, yes, you are correct; one's Will is crucial."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next