Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Colin nodded, "Unlike you two, I have no Mentor to hide behind. I am aware of the danger. However, I believe I am acting well within the spirit of the law, if stretching the letter. Sufficiently so that I am prepared to risk it for someone whose predecessor, for lack of a better term, made a horrible decision."
He frowned, "This... is a crazy idea, but... does the name Letitius Arim Clava mean anything to you? At all?"
He shook his head, "No, never mind; the entire notion is ludicrous. Nevertheless, as the situation is, we are all in danger. Now, we came here to make doubly sure there are no tracking spells or electronic transmitters attached to you... Shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Adley Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Molly looked even more scared now and she begun to struggle against Colin's grip on her again. "Please don't" She whispered and tears begun to flow down her cheeks. "I only tried to use a rote to push him away, I would not have harmed him...I do not want to harm anyone."

"I believe you," he said. "But you are scared and I understand and sympathize with -why- you are scared. However, you could harm yourself and us, out of this fear and I cannot let that happen to us."

Colin nodded, "Unlike you two, I have no Mentor to hide behind. I am aware of the danger. However, I believe I am acting well within the spirit of the law, if stretching the letter. Sufficiently so that I am prepared to risk it for someone whose predecessor, for lack of a better term, made a horrible decision."

"It's not hiding behind," he snapped. Then trying to keep his temper at bay he added in a tempered voice, "It is the letter of the law that they have been judging upon and it is not just my own person that would be endangered."

"Now, we came here to make doubly sure there are no tracking spells or electronic transmitters attached to you... Shall we?"

He nodded at that. "I will look for magick," he agreed.

Molly hesitated she was rather panicked but eventually she nodded. "O...ok..." She eventually agreed.

"First, I would like to know if you have ever ingested any vampire blood, from your friend or another. Or let them drink from you."

// Arete roll for prime, checking for arcane connections is 8,5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:36 pm

"Your bravery is commendable Mr Wainwright but I am afraid it will amount to very little. I am not expert on widderslainte cases, most who get taken...are dealt with as children long before they join the Traditions and very few get a trial, for a reborn Fallen to be able not to give in to their darker natures, and get picked up by the Traditions are rather rare, though they do seam to be raining down into our laps as if the cycle itself had something to tell us...no matter even if you risk yourself and us now since we know and keep the young Miss hidden until you can find a friendly Enforcer, there is little that person can do...prescience speak against her..."
He said and glanced at Molly who looked terrified.
"I am sorry but it will not matter who you turn her over to Mr Wainwright, the result of such a trial, that will be held before the Council of Nine, is a...forgone conclusion."
He said and sigh and then lifted a hand to ask Molly to wait as he saw her tense for new attempts at struggling and getting away.
"The only way I can see that Miss Aydoğan might get a favorable outcome of a trial is if there are a large moral outcry over the Nephandi that have been captured in this conflict of ours lately, Diego, Miss Jerkins and Mr Dale makes three...and there might be more of their kind taken alive before this thing is over, now while Gilgul on captured Nephandi are more common than on Traditionalists, it is still fairly rare to capture one alive, so there might be a outcry around it..."
The Euthanatos said. Molly winced at the word. Adjan gave her a sympathetic look but continued.
"It is possible that if her trial happen after those Fallen have been...dealt with, the Council will hesitate to...whip up the tempers on Horizon any more."
He said then he sigh.
"However be warned though it might have the opposite effect, that when the actions of Larson's little cult get known there will be an uproar against anything remotely connected to the Nephandi and with the Traditions out for blood that might work against Miss Molly here."
He said then he sigh.

He frowned, "This... is a crazy idea, but... does the name Letitius Arim Clava mean anything to you? At all?"

Adjan raised and eyebrow but shook his head. Molly glanced at Colin then she to shook her head.
"I have never heard about this person, who is he?"

He shook his head, "No, never mind; the entire notion is ludicrous. Nevertheless, as the situation is, we are all in danger. Now, we came here to make doubly sure there are no tracking spells or electronic transmitters attached to you... Shall we?"

Molly looked down and nodded.
"O..ok..."
She muttered.

"I believe you," he said. "But you are scared and I understand and sympathize with -why- you are scared. However, you could harm yourself and us, out of this fear and I cannot let that happen to us."

The young Cultist glanced up at Adley.
"Please, I do not know how long I have been chained...do not do it again."
She begged and struggled to keep from sobbing.

"It's not hiding behind," he snapped. Then trying to keep his temper at bay he added in a tempered voice, "It is the letter of the law that they have been judging upon and it is not just my own person that would be endangered."

Adjan glanced at Colin over the comment about hiding behind his mentor but he did not comment on it, instead he said.
"If we are breaking the law Mr Wainwright, we can not do it by protecting Miss Molly for a while and then handing her over for if we do that then what we have done will be clear, you will likely be executed...I and Adley likely Branded and like I said a certain someone who are on very thin ice...well it will be worse for him. It is two ways to do this if we are doing anything illegal, one we take Miss Aydoğan to her home Chantry, not saying anything about the circumstances around her kidnapper and we let her go and pray to whatever you hold dear that what she is are not discovered, we burn Jerkin's book and stay silent about it. If Miss Molly's secret is ever discovered the two of you keep your mouths shut, I examined her Avatar, it is believable that I did not tell the rest of you what I found, I will accept responsibility alone, better that one get punished than three, hopefully though it will never be discovered that Miss Aydoğan is Fallen...everyone continue with their lives. Now the problem with this is that I do not like to go behind the back of the organization I am serving in such a way, it would be betraying every oath I have ever taken, in addition there is always the chance for discovery and the chance that it will be found out the two of you knew, and well that would be quite catastrophic."
The Euthanatos said firmly.
"The other option is that I take Miss Aydoğan and flee and the two of you try to stop me, you will not be able to, but you are going to bloody well try so you can not be taken down legally for this, then I take her to Cerberus, it's Deacon Primus, Master Senex have a widderslainte apprentice named Amanda, none have ever gotten to her because taking the shade realm of Entropy is not a easy feat, Miss Molly will be safe there and chances are by the time you get to Morningstar to rapport what have happened I will be to far into the Umbra to be found...it is the best bet the girl have to get out of this with her Avatar intact..."
Adjan said and sigh.
"In addition you two will be clean of any charges, you would not be expected to be able to stop an Adept from going anywhere he damned well please...the problem is that as soon as I return from Pluto, I will be arrested so I will not be able to help defend Boston from what we know is coming and without trying to sound like I am bragging...I could make allot of difference...that is the cost to that solution, we might save one soul but we need every able bodies mage to defeat Larson or we might loose a city."
He said and he did not sound pleased about their options.

He nodded at that. "I will look for magick," he agreed.

There are arcane connections with everyone, you do feel some very strong connections with Molly though, you can almost see them, she had been filled with corrupted Quintessence by Jerkins, the easiest place to get that would be the one stored in her own soul, like all mages could store magick within themselves, that was one powerful Arcane connection to Jerkins though. In addition it was smaller connections, it was likely the girl had bled in that bathroom and there was bound to be hair and skin and broken nails that could be used to track her.

"First, I would like to know if you have ever ingested any vampire blood, from your friend or another. Or let them drink from you."

"No, never vampire blood can enslave someone I do not want that and neither do my friend, and I have no idea what my blood would do to her."
Molly replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Friday:

Yeah, they are working on killing fomorians and, frankly, i like her... but they are in a cold war, constantly. I left them to the care of an spirit so they don't kill each other, but... well, as long as they got a mutual enemy they are not getting on each other's throats... i guess...

"Can Avatars be poisoned?"

Yeap. This in particular allowed his host to consume vampire blood, getting adicted and starting a process quite alike necrosis.

THey live inside of us, but they go to another soul once their host is dead, so they exist on their own, too. And if you loose your avatar or get it killed... well, you loose your soul, for the most part. you're little but your avatar, every person has one.

"Well I wish you the best of luck with it Mr Karyak, I doubt anyone would listen must to me in politics, a Hollow One and a hedge wizard as well, but we need politicians that do not just think with their ass, so I wish you the best."

You are a valuable member of our community and a good person. The first step into politics would be having an idea, calling the people with power and asking them to back you in your idea. If the idea is about good and love, it will always be someone to listen and press the powerful to help you. There's little more to it.

Saturday:

I would like to see them through the sword, certainly. At least we're with the upper hand, here. At least he spected it. I wouldn't do that until it is imminent. I mean, he has been gilguled too...what if he gets jealous or desperate? I'd like to have everything arranged and then ask him if he thinks we should transplant it right away. Not giving him enough time to feel the temptation
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Friday:

Yeah, they are working on killing fomorians and, frankly, i like her... but they are in a cold war, constantly. I left them to the care of an spirit so they don't kill each other, but... well, as long as they got a mutual enemy they are not getting on each other's throats... i guess...

"Perhaps but still, most other fera do not like the Ananasi, they are different from others of their kind."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"Well in either case you have a handful there, I am not so sure one spirit will be able to stop them from killing one another if they so desire though."

Yeap. This in particular allowed his host to consume vampire blood, getting adicted and starting a process quite alike necrosis.

"Why would anyone drink blood, much less vampire blood?"
Lily said and shuddered.
"And I still can not fully grasp that vampires actually exist...that is crazy."

THey live inside of us, but they go to another soul once their host is dead, so they exist on their own, too. And if you loose your avatar or get it killed... well, you loose your soul, for the most part. you're little but your avatar, every person has one.

"I see...well better not drink vampire blood then...it do not sound like something one would want to happen."
The young girl muttered wide eyed.

You are a valuable member of our community and a good person. The first step into politics would be having an idea, calling the people with power and asking them to back you in your idea. If the idea is about good and love, it will always be someone to listen and press the powerful to help you. There's little more to it.

"Your kind words are appreciated Mr Karyak however if it is one thing I have found the politics of our society is not about it is good and love, sure many have good intentions, but mostly now a days it is about power."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"I find for me I prefer to stay out of the limelight, gathering favors though...well that always can come in handy at times."
She added with a sly grin.

Saturday:

I would like to see them through the sword, certainly.

"Yes well, they certainly deserve it."
Cita grumbeled.

At least we're with the upper hand, here. At least he spected it.

"Legally yes we do, the question is how corrupt the legal system have become...it will be a bumpy ride that is for sure Mr Karyak."

I wouldn't do that until it is imminent. I mean, he has been gilguled too...what if he gets jealous or desperate? I'd like to have everything arranged and then ask him if he thinks we should transplant it right away. Not giving him enough time to feel the temptation

"He might feel longing Mr Karyak, but I do not think he would harm his own apprentice, among other things because there is nothing to gain, Avatars are not shoes, you can not just take one and place it in another, perhaps some arch magi can, but that is way above my pay grade, if Master Nassa's companion is compatible with Miss Florentine then that is it...despair though that he might feel and he did have a shock here earlier today when that monstrosity attacked in the hallways...he might be rather delicate right now...still he is the girl's mentor and deserve to be able to make an informed decision especially since I have to examine both Master Nassa and Miss Florentine to determine comparability and also how much damage have been done to her soul, if it can host an Avatar and I can not begin working magick on an apprentice Mercere without her mentor's consent.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 pm

The young Cultist glanced up at Adley."Please, I do not know how long I have been chained...do not do it again." She begged and struggled to keep from sobbing.

He frowned. "I cannot let you hurt yourself or my friends. What has happened to you is disgusting and I wish it had not happened but we must discuss this for though I believe you, and I believe your nature is rare and important, all this must balanced against that of others. This isn't said to diminish you in any way, or we would not be here now," he told her.

He frowned at Colin and Adjan as they spoke of Letitius Arim Clava. He had no idea what Colin meant by the comment. The man's soul had been destroyed by the Nephandi, he knew that and why his filia and filius had taken up their current sense of revenge against all Fallen.

"There must be another way," he said, pacing, as Adjan outlined his thoughts on the matter for Colin. "We cannot just destroy more evidence that things are not all the same for all the widderslainte..." He could hear himself telling Hannah that he would not hide what he was doing, just days ago. That was before he found out how deep the problems went. But it was no excuse, there would be payment if they broke the law. If they were found out, Colin would be executed and they would be branded at best. His pater would lose his new brother and his reputation would be tarnished. And Susanna's re-trial could suffer. Worse than all that, though was that they could lose Boston, which would mean a breach of protocol as well as incalculable suffering for everyone. That might mean execution was not off the table entirely and the terror of the Aswadim... And the long game that they needed to play to rout out what was really going on would fail. The enormity of the decision that they had to make filled him with dread but he found that personal suffering could be seen as acceptable but not that of Boston, nor did he want those that he'd already sworn to protect, that they'd worked so hard to give a chance...to lose the chance because he had made the wrong choice.

Then he turned his attention to picking apart the connections that he could see threaded to Molly, words thrumming through the air, using the rote his pater taught him. He needed to focus on something, something clear, just for a moment so he could get his bearings.

"No, never vampire blood can enslave someone I do not want that and neither do my friend, and I have no idea what my blood would do to her."Molly replied.

"Good." One less problem. "Did you hear anything about a woman named Abigail, or Lisa Larson while you were kept?"

// arete: 7, 0 - snip snip snip...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:38 pm

He frowned. "I cannot let you hurt yourself or my friends. What has happened to you is disgusting and I wish it had not happened but we must discuss this for though I believe you, and I believe your nature is rare and important, all this must balanced against that of others. This isn't said to diminish you in any way, or we would not be here now," he told her.

"I do not want to hurt your friends...I would not do that, at most I would try to knock someone out or something."
Molly protested, she was scared and finally started sobbing.
"I do not want to be restrained again...but I can not stop you."
She muttered softly and looked away, drying some tears with the back of her hand.
"O...ok...let us discuss this Sir..."
She said though she glanced around desperately for any way out.

"There must be another way," he said, pacing, as Adjan outlined his thoughts on the matter for Colin. "We cannot just destroy more evidence that things are not all the same for all the widderslainte..." He could hear himself telling Hannah that he would not hide what he was doing, just days ago.

"No destroying evidence is not ideal, however if we try to brush what she is under the rug, keeping it would be far to dangerous."
Adjan said then he sigh.
"That is why I would prefer to take her and run, it is better to be arrested and put on trial than to loose my honor by doing the same shit of pushing things under the rug, the same corruption that is now eating at our society...however one...no two Avatars are one the line, and there are few things I would not do to protect one, it is not a good solution however no."

Then he turned his attention to picking apart the connections that he could see threaded to Molly, words thrumming through the air, using the rote his pater taught him. He needed to focus on something, something clear, just for a moment so he could get his bearings.

You see the Arcane connections like glowing threads of energy, very similar to the way the Pentagrams looked in the Lesser Banishing Ritual, only there where little signs here and there that you could see with your inner eye indicating what the connection was to, slowly you destroy one after another, Molly looks at you as you work and she seamed to relax...if only by a smidgen, it would make sense, she used song...sound as a foci, your chanting probably felt familiar to her.
"Are you Hermetic?"
She finally asked when you where done, you do think you managed to remove all the Arcane connections of relevance.

"Good." One less problem. "Did you hear anything about a woman named Abigail, or Lisa Larson while you were kept?"

"Not anyone named Larson, but I did hear someone named Abigail mentioned, it seamed that woman who held me captive respected her a great deal...they spoke on the phone several times..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Colin shook his head, "Hide behind was a poor choice of words. A Mentor to shield me might be more apt. And it seems to me, from what I've heard recently, that the conclusion of a trial before the Council of Nine might be less than certain if it is the full council, and we can get the necessary evidence and testimony in."
He sighed, "Why must doing the right thing be so difficult to do legally? We can't very well burn the evidence that some widderslainte are, indeed, as pure as the driven snow, yet we can't condemn anyone to a life on the run, either. We need something... tangible. Some sort of powerful evidence. We need..."
He blinked slowly... "Bloody hell, we need a miracle. We need a way to show that not all Fallen Avatars are deserving of gilgul. We need a way to show the analysis of miss Florentine's Avatar after the cleansing... We need Mr. Karyak to sing. If possible, we should see what he can do in a duet with Molly, but we need to get Mr. Karyak to sing... I know it sounds insane, but the man is some sort of genius; he can sing forth an Avatar, make it manifest outside it host... He might be able to do something similar with the old scan."
He sighed and looked at Adjan, "Besides, there're not just one or two Avatars on the line... If we can reproduce the cleansing, it's every Avatar on the line. It will change everything..."

((OOC: Yes, it's a crazy idea, but it's just crazy enough that it might work... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:17 pm

Colin shook his head, "Hide behind was a poor choice of words. A Mentor to shield me might be more apt. And it seems to me, from what I've heard recently, that the conclusion of a trial before the Council of Nine might be less than certain if it is the full council, and we can get the necessary evidence and testimony in."

"There have not been many widderslainte trials, but those that there have been, most of them before the full Council have resulted in Gilgul...the only exceptions are the ones with powerful mentors...now could it happen that the Primi would decide that Miss Molly's mentor can do the job...yes it could happen, but it is not likely."
Adjan said and gave the Cultist an apologetic look as she jumped at the word again.

He sighed, "Why must doing the right thing be so difficult to do legally? We can't very well burn the evidence that some widderslainte are, indeed, as pure as the driven snow, yet we can't condemn anyone to a life on the run, either. We need something... tangible. Some sort of powerful evidence. We need..."
He blinked slowly... "Bloody hell, we need a miracle. We need a way to show that not all Fallen Avatars are deserving of gilgul. We need a way to show the analysis of miss Florentine's Avatar after the cleansing... We need Mr. Karyak to sing. If possible, we should see what he can do in a duet with Molly, but we need to get Mr. Karyak to sing... I know it sounds insane, but the man is some sort of genius; he can sing forth an Avatar, make it manifest outside it host... He might be able to do something similar with the old scan."

"I am not a Technomancer and while my Paradigm is at least in the same model as Master Telar I can not begin to understand it, but to me it sounds like you are comparing and actual spirit...let us say one of the Chief's imps and a drawing of said imp and expect a mage that know how to summon Poodle to be able to also do so from his drawing if the imp himself had been destroyed..."
Adjan said and sigh.
"I find it highly unlikely Mr Karyak's ability works llike that, and the question is should we be this woman's Avatar on that small chance that somehow he can sing a dead Avatar into existence from a set of scans on a computer."
The Euthanatos said and raised an eyebrow.
"If we could get the Seat of Correspondence to look at those scans though that might be another story."
He added.

Molly looked rather panicled at Colin and then at Adjan picking up what exactly they where saying.
"Are you saying the person who managed to...cleanse their Avatar got...got...if that happened to them as well what chance do I possibly have?"
She said sounding scared out of her wits.
"Please let me go...please...I am a mage I want to die a mage...please..."
She begged desperately.
"I do not want any of you to be hurt legally for showing mercy...I do not want that but please, I can not go through something like that....if nothing else let me kill myself, you will be believed if you said I did it in a moment when you where not paying attention...please!"
Molly was becoming more and more panicled and begun struggling desperately against Colin's grip again.
"Please."

He sighed and looked at Adjan, "Besides, there're not just one or two Avatars on the line... If we can reproduce the cleansing, it's every Avatar on the line. It will change everything..."

"I agree, if we could just waltz into a Chantry and present our evidence and then the Council would support our effort to find a way to cleanse Fallen Avatars that would be wonderful and well adjusted widderslainte like your Cabalmate or this girl here would be prime candidate for finding such a method. However in the current political landscape that is very hard to get anyone to see."
Adjan said, he glanced at the panicked Cultist.
"I just know that if we give her to the Traditions and we can not convince anyone to let her try to cleanse herself...her cries and pleas to be allowed to die rather than be turned in will haunt me until the day I die..."
He added softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:31 pm

"The shielding comes at price, it is distributed damages so to speak, like a mirror." It was clear though that he'd rather just take the hit and be done with it instead of deciding who should take it for him. Or for Molly, who it seemed did not look like she deserved it.

He blinked slowly... "Bloody hell, we need a miracle. We need a way to show that not all Fallen Avatars are deserving of gilgul. We need a way to show the analysis of miss Florentine's Avatar after the cleansing... We need Mr. Karyak to sing. If possible, we should see what he can do in a duet with Molly, but we need to get Mr. Karyak to sing... I know it sounds insane, but the man is some sort of genius; he can sing forth an Avatar, make it manifest outside it host... He might be able to do something similar with the old scan." He sighed and looked at Adjan, "Besides, there're not just one or two Avatars on the line... If we can reproduce the cleansing, it's every Avatar on the line. It will change everything..."

'I agree with the latter, it could change everything. I know how in vague terms it was done for the one, and in general the help she needed. It was not a fast process to accomplish, it came in stages. As always we do not have the time we need, for the system moves faster than we seem to be able to. Especially with this crises at hand. We do need a miracle. We need time...in a lawful manner to change the system and make new precedent. The only thing I recall is having been told of the one person given a stay back in 1700 who was on the verge of a breakthrough. But we are hardly there yet even to make a case for such, especially given that..." He stopped himself, shaking his head, before he said something he might regret regarding those working against them.

"I do not want to hurt your friends...I would not do that, at most I would try to knock someone out or something." Molly protested, she was scared and finally started sobbing."I do not want to be restrained again...but I can not stop you."

He didn't look like he much wanted to have to cuff a traumatized woman either, she looked scared enough to gnaw her own arms off to escape. He sighed and took the cuffs out of his jacket, trying to look at it from her perspective. To have been captured, tortured, experimented upon and then her saviours turn around and restrain her again, question her. Essentially put her on a trial, with her last meal being at McDonald's. By three strange men, one of whom was exhausted beyond measure with ripped up dirty clothing and carrying the look of having been under the shadow of a headsmans axe. But he could not let her escape either, if she got loose and was found by the Nephandi...and if all three of them stood by and twiddled their thumbs, it would not go over either. To have lost June on a one on one could be seen as one thing but three of them..."For now, I must insist."

"That is why I would prefer to take her and run, it is better to be arrested and put on trial than to loose my honor by doing the same shit of pushing things under the rug, the same corruption that is now eating at our society...however one...no two Avatars are one the line, and there are few things I would not do to protect one, it is not a good solution however no."

"That is balanced against the good of all Boston, perhaps more than that. There is one idea I have but I do not know if it will work." He took his notebook out and carefully ripped up all the pages that would make an indentation, then wrote a short note for Adjan. "If it is viable, show Colin. Then get rid of it or give it back."

Would it be legal to send the girl to her home chantry, for the sentencing period would be some hours at least and she would be kept by her people and hopefully not mistreated or take her with us whichever will be most beneficial - but we send a message to Senex asking for help, perhaps find the Criamon that helped S. Send him a copy of these evidence. He has recently had his own attacked. I have one favor to ask a spirit, she is a Jaggling. I don't know if they can get to Cerebus or not but I would gladly use it to carry this if it could work to help her while keeping Boston protected and our heads off the chopping block.'

"Are you Hermetic?" She finally asked when you where done

"Yes," he said. Then he looked at Colin. He hadn't been sure if he could do it from afar but his success with the girl prompted him to see if he could sense them, even if it might matter little to a Tremere at least it might spare them the problems of the Nephandi. "With your permission, I will try to do the same for you, from the incident earlier."

"Not anyone named Larson, but I did hear someone named Abigail mentioned, it seamed that woman who held me captive respected her a great deal...they spoke on the phone several times..."

"Please tell us what you recall, especially involving recent activity if you can."

I just know that if we give her to the Traditions and we can not convince anyone to let her try to cleanse herself...her cries and pleas to be allowed to die rather than be turned in will haunt me until the day I die..."He added softly.

Molly was panicking now, full force and he looked aggrieved. In his mind's eye he could see the chamber, all the faces upon him and hear the screaming in the walls. He could hear Connie telling him there would be much more screaming to come. And the red, red blood washing down the front of his shirt. The subtle dull thump of the axe on his neck. Beatrice's horrible screaming in agony. He knew though that if they let her die and it was found out, it would be the same again as if they let her go, it was still considered assisting a Fallen. "I want to know the odds on what is coming without you participating in it," he said to the Euthanatos.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Colin gave Adjan a cold look when he blurted out the actual condition of Susannah Florentine's Avatar, and tightened his grip again, "Dammit... Yes, that happened, and it was by all accounts a bloody unjust murder, with insufficient Primi in session."
He sighed at the sight of the cuffs, "I'm dreadfully sorry, Molly, but I really am deprived of options here... If we were to be questioned, I would be the one they'd find out from. I may be the most persuasive man west of England, but I couldn't lie convincingly if Queen and Country were at stake."
He gave Adley a nod, "Good thinking... I would think it difficult to make out any of my... residue, after the rather nasty mess it got mixed with in the hallway, but better safe than sorry."
He shook his head, "What I wouldn't be ready to give for a break right now... Just a little bit of help to sort this all out, to keep the Flayer Twins out of business and the Nephandi on an express route to reversal..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 am

I may be the most persuasive man west of England, but I couldn't lie convincingly if Queen and Country were at stake.

"Now you understand why I asked you if you were sure you wanted to know," he said with a sigh.

He gave Adley a nod, "Good thinking... I would think it difficult to make out any of my... residue, after the rather nasty mess it got mixed with in the hallway, but better safe than sorry."

He nodded and got to work. He didn't know why, he just needed to do something he was in control of, that had a clear point, that he could see either failed or didn't. That reminded him that these strands he saw were more than just things to use, to break, all within his control and will. But he knew it was just a moment's respite.

// 8,2 on the rote for Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:53 am

He didn't look like he much wanted to have to cuff a traumatized woman either, she looked scared enough to gnaw her own arms off to escape. He sighed and took the cuffs out of his jacket, trying to look at it from her perspective. To have been captured, tortured, experimented upon and then her saviours turn around and restrain her again, question her. Essentially put her on a trial, with her last meal being at McDonald's. By three strange men, one of whom was exhausted beyond measure with ripped up dirty clothing and carrying the look of having been under the shadow of a headsmans axe. But he could not let her escape either, if she got loose and was found by the Nephandi...and if all three of them stood by and twiddled their thumbs, it would not go over either. To have lost June on a one on one could be seen as one thing but three of them..."For now, I must insist."

Molly sobbed she looked down at her wrists covered by bandages but sore and swollen underneath.
"I...won't resist..."
She muttered finally but she looked like she had been hit in the gut, who knows how long she had been chained up in that bathroom and she was clearly traumatized and this brought it all back, she just continued crying though and made no aggressive moves.

"That is balanced against the good of all Boston, perhaps more than that. There is one idea I have but I do not know if it will work." He took his notebook out and carefully ripped up all the pages that would make an indentation, then wrote a short note for Adjan. "If it is viable, show Colin. Then get rid of it or give it back."

"That is the only reservation I would have, if it was just me I would not care what punishment the Traditions doled out, I would get her to Cerberus, but...I need to be there to defend my home and those I love..."
The Euthanatos muttered before he accepted the note and carefully read it.

Would it be legal to send the girl to her home chantry, for the sentencing period would be some hours at least and she would be kept by her people and hopefully not mistreated or take her with us whichever will be most beneficial - but we send a message to Senex asking for help, perhaps find the Criamon that helped S. Send him a copy of these evidence. He has recently had his own attacked. I have one favor to ask a spirit, she is a Jaggling. I don't know if they can get to Cerebus or not but I would gladly use it to carry this if it could work to help her while keeping Boston protected and our heads off the chopping block.'

Adjan nodded and sent the note over to Colin before he rummaged around in a pocket until he found a crumpled notepad and wrote a message of his own.
"Well generally the prisoner would be held at a Chantry and then taken to Horizon, there she will get a advocate and the trial will take place after a few days to a week and it will take hours to days all depending, after sentencing there will generally be a couple of days until sentence is carried out...it is possible M's Chantry can talk the Security Council into keeping her instead of her being imprisoned on Horizon if they handle all the expenses with transporting her to and frow. Yes a Spirit get get to Cerberus. I do not know if Senex would act, I know he would if Amanda was in danger which is why no one have nabbed her yet. It could work...but would depend on that Criamon, and the old man, if he would act."
He wrote the message down in a sharp, elegant script and indicated that Adley could show Colin once he was done reading.

"Please tell us what you recall, especially involving recent activity if you can."

"I...they spoke about sending reinforcements, that one shipment had been intercepted and they did not have enough Tass to send more but would send some people...the other person, Abigail she spoke about not trusting someone she worked with, that her apprentice was missing...Jodelle did not think I would hear but I have good ears. They also spoke about an old post office...and that made me worried for there is this really old post office, that have been left unused for decades...unused by sleepers that is, the Mercere have a supply line and Chantry there and while they can use artifacts like none but the Verditius, I am not so sure they can defend themselves against the Nephandi, anyway it did not sound like an attack was taking place though, more like they where planning to use it...though it could be another post office for all I know I...some of the details are hazy...that are the most recent I think."
Molly muttered.

"I want to know the odds on what is coming without you participating in it," he said to the Euthanatos.

"It is not like we are screwed if I am not there..."
Adjan said and sigh he looked at Molly, he wanted to help but did not know how.
"I...ehm...it is hard to calculate, we will need Adepts and Masters of Spirit for the Labyrinth is in the Umbra, lucky we have two Masters, your Mentor and Master Steelhaven...three if Master Telar is fighting but to my mind she is to important to risk on the font lines if we do not have to...Master Nasse is Adept of Spirit I think...I am pretty sure that he is...the reason why we need Adepts is that one of the requirement to get the degree is the ability to take others safely through the Umbra...it really depends....which of the other Chantries will be fighting with us, if Lux and Westchapel join in, then it will not make that much of a difference...if we can only count on Riverside then loosing one Adeptus Major is a serious but not crippling loss."
Adjan closed his eyes and tried to think.
"I em...well my main thing other than that I am an Adept of Spirit is that I have a fast Paradigm, but some of the others are fast as well, I have seen your mentor get out a rote in the blink of an eye, and Ryan can make hanging spells. Well think of it this way we have six Masters of the Art at our Chantry plus Master Telar, then for Adepts we have most of my Cabal...with me and Hildegard Major...it is impossible to calculate."
He said and sigh.
"However like I said if the other Chantries fight with us it will not matter that much and then it is better if I flee with the girl."

Molly kept on struggling, she was still begging to be let go or get to die and Adjan understood her panic he sigh and put a hand on her shoulder, there was not much else he could do though.

Colin gave Adjan a cold look when he blurted out the actual condition of Susannah Florentine's Avatar, and tightened his grip again, "Dammit... Yes, that happened, and it was by all accounts a bloody unjust murder, with insufficient Primi in session."

Adjan sigh over his own blunder and gave Colin an apologetic look. Molly sobbed.
"And if that happened to someone with a Clean Avatar what chance do I have."

He sighed at the sight of the cuffs, "I'm dreadfully sorry, Molly, but I really am deprived of options here... If we were to be questioned, I would be the one they'd find out from. I may be the most persuasive man west of England, but I couldn't lie convincingly if Queen and Country were at stake."

Molly glanced at Colin pleadingly.
"Please..."
She muttered.
"Please just let me go..."

He shook his head, "What I wouldn't be ready to give for a break right now... Just a little bit of help to sort this all out, to keep the Flayer Twins out of business and the Nephandi on an express route to reversal..."

Adjan sigh and nodded.
"Yeah, well if wishes was horses...for now we need to work with what we got unfortunately."

He nodded and got to work. He didn't know why, he just needed to do something he was in control of, that had a clear point, that he could see either failed or didn't. That reminded him that these strands he saw were more than just things to use, to break, all within his control and will. But he knew it was just a moment's respite.

You find the connections that have to be blood, or other parts of Colin's corpus to be that potent and destroy them, at least with this rote reality obeyed your commends, the rest of the situation might not, but these bits of prime vanished before your will.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:02 am

Colin nodded and gave Adley a wry grin, "If you hadn't let me know, I might've made an unwitting mistake. I prefer to make my mistakes fully aware of the facts and consequences."
He read the note and frowned, then nodded, "That's not a bad idea. If the message gets there fast enough, you could add that he might ask Lady Philippa Arden's judgment of me; she should be there fairly shortly, if she's not yet arrived. It's worth a shot, for certain."
He frowned, "Where is this post office? We should at least try to warn them, if possible... If they're using..."
He stopped and gave Adley a worried look, "...a cat's paw... "

He nodded to Adjan, "Don't forget that we have a shuttle, as well... and a crazy enough pilot to operate it."
He sighed to Molly, "It happened, but it was a miscarriage of justice. We're on to it, and we can maneuver to circumvent the travesty. But we can't do that if you flee."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am

He read the note and frowned, then nodded, "That's not a bad idea. If the message gets there fast enough, you could add that he might ask Lady Philippa Arden's judgment of me; she should be there fairly shortly, if she's not yet arrived. It's worth a shot, for certain."

"I could probably deliver a message, the Old Man is known to not care much about rank, chances are he will agree to see a member of his own Tradition asking for help."
He offered.
"That might be a better messenger than a Spirit."

He frowned, "Where is this post office? We should at least try to warn them, if possible... If they're using..."

"It is in Gary, not that far from the airport."
Molly muttered.

He nodded to Adjan, "Don't forget that we have a shuttle, as well... and a crazy enough pilot to operate it."

Adjan gave a bit of a grin at that.
"Well that would mean going home to get it, I move rather fast in the Umbra if I want to, using a ship is often more for safety than speed, plus it makes it easier to transport people."
He said.
"But yes it is a possibility."

He sighed to Molly, "It happened, but it was a miscarriage of justice. We're on to it, and we can maneuver to circumvent the travesty. But we can't do that if you flee."

"So you are going to give me up...with little or no chance to not be..."
Molly cried not sounding like if she had much hope.
"It do not sound like you can maneuver very much...please...don't do this."
She whimpered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:26 am

Molly sobbed she looked down at her wrists covered by bandages but sore and swollen underneath. "I...won't resist..."

He looked at her wrists and reached out towards them, gently as he could. He did not want to hurt her...she did not deserve this. For a moment all he could do was hold them as if he wished he was a better healer but all he knew about healing was fire. And he'd talked so many people into giving themselves over for the greater good. Burnt some, broke others, relying on a system that he knew now was blinded but not because it was just. For whatever reason, this girl's future was in part his responsibility, her avatar and the light that remained there, in his grasp. Her sorrows and pleas. While there were gods and beings more powerful in some ways than he, there was Will and wisdom of how to use it; and fate nevertheless positioned them ever closer to the brink. Whatever he...or they decided, he would have to believe was the right one. She deserved that much, and more if he could just see how to. What did he have that the blind courts did not, but good friends, compassion...a willingness to believe there was hope for her?

Colin nodded and gave Adley a wry grin, "If you hadn't let me know, I might've made an unwitting mistake. I prefer to make my mistakes fully aware of the facts and consequences.

"That is fair enough. I had a feeling you would be angry with me if I did not tell you. But...I want to protect you and you needed to know the potential magnitude."

Adley read over Adjan's note, looking at the way his words carved over the paper and then handed it to Colin to read. He continued his own note. 'It would depend on the man to act in your case as well. There is no saying he would help her even if you dragged her to his doorstep. I do not know if the Criamon is alive, who he is or where he is right now - we do know there are Criamon at Morningstar to ask and S. and her people might. And I do believe we warned him about A. However the path to cleansing seems to me would need to be specific to the person if based in common principle.'

"the Mercere have a supply line and Chantry there and while they can use artifacts like none but the Verditius, I am not so sure they can defend themselves against the Nephandi, anyway it did not sound like an attack was taking place though, more like they where planning to use it...though it could be another post office for all I know I...some of the details are hazy...that are the most recent I think.
"That's not a bad idea. If the message gets there fast enough, you could add that he might ask Lady Philippa Arden's judgment of me; she should be there fairly shortly, if she's not yet arrived. It's worth a shot, for certain." He frowned, "Where is this post office? We should at least try to warn them, if possible... If they're using..." He stopped and gave Adley a worried look, "...a cat's paw... "

"You said that her mentor was at Morningstar?" he asked. Then he said, "Yes...I fear an infiltration of our communications, one we have relied upon."

He looked again to Mollly. "Thank you. Do you happen to have heard who Abigail does not trust? Or who they were sending, when? Or a location? This is very helpful," he said to her.

"It is not like we are screwed if I am not there..." Adjan said

"I didn't mean an exact count of things but your feeling...about fate."

"I could probably deliver a message, the Old Man is known to not care much about rank, chances are he will agree to see a member of his own Tradition asking for help." He offered. "That might be a better messenger than a Spirit."

"The spirit messenger might be faster though," he considered. And then if they had to consider sending Adjan to bang on his door with the girl in tow...his own pater had run to Porthos himself and come back empty handed.

"So you are going to give me up...with little or no chance to not be..." Molly cried not sounding like if she had much hope. "It do not sound like you can maneuver very much...please...don't do this." She whimpered.

She sounded so much like his sister...he felt his eyes prick with tears. "Molly, I have not given up on you. Not maneuvering very much and not at all are not the same...even a small act can cause an avalanche. I do not want you to come to harm and I believe there could be hope for your avatar. You said that you have accepted your darkness, can you explain what you meant?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:05 am

He looked at her wrists and reached out towards them, gently as he could. He did not want to hurt her...she did not deserve this. For a moment all he could do was hold them as if he wished he was a better healer but all he knew about healing was fire.

Molly jumped and gave a scared whimper as Adley touched her wrists and it was all she could do not to jerk her hands away, she looked terrified and not just over this situation but over that time spent as a Nephandus' prisoner, and this was not exactly helping matters, she could not hold back tears though and started crying again, large tears rolling down her cheeks.

Adley read over Adjan's note, looking at the way his words carved over the paper and then handed it to Colin to read. He continued his own note. 'It would depend on the man to act in your case as well. There is no saying he would help her even if you dragged her to his doorstep. I do not know if the Criamon is alive, who he is or where he is right now - we do know there are Criamon at Morningstar to ask and S. and her people might. And I do believe we warned him about A. However the path to cleansing seems to me would need to be specific to the person if based in common principle.'

"We know there are not many Criamons, they are all but extinct so the woman at Morningstar might know the one S was talking about. As for Senex, he have a long history of giving aid to those who come to his Chantry but seldom reach out and use his power outside of it. Yes it is likely a process of cleansing would be individual, everything else about Avatars are."
Adjan wrote back and handed it to Adley.

"You said that her mentor was at Morningstar?" he asked. Then he said, "Yes...I fear an infiltration of our communications, one we have relied upon."

"Well if they could get one Mercere to our cause we are fucked."
Adjan said bluntly.
"Let us hope that is not their plan."

He looked again to Mollly. "Thank you. Do you happen to have heard who Abigail does not trust? Or who they were sending, when? Or a location? This is very helpful," he said to her.

"I did not hear who Abigail did not trust. She said they where sending a group at seven...from an ariport but I did not hear which, but she did say they could not take a plane all the way to Boston since Logan's are controlled by a joint effort of Traditionalists and Technocrats so I assume they are sending them to Boston, and that they had to go to the closest airport other than that. I do not know who, but apparently some mentor or another where hesitant about sending his prized apprentice, so Abigail where sending someone named Martha's son to show that she to was taking part in the efforts. She talked about ordering seven seats so that might be the number who are going but I just do not know when...I am sorry."
Molly explained.

"I didn't mean an exact count of things but your feeling...about fate."

"Fate is muddied because the bloody Nephandi are shitting on the cycle, forgive the graphic description but that is what it is. There will be death, that much I can say, how many of those deaths I can prevent if they are on our side, I do not know."
Adjan said and looked frustrated.

"The spirit messenger might be faster though," he considered. And then if they had to consider sending Adjan to bang on his door with the girl in tow...his own pater had run to Porthos himself and come back empty handed.

"That is true, depending on the Spirit."
He said and nodded.

She sounded so much like his sister...he felt his eyes prick with tears. "Molly, I have not given up on you. Not maneuvering very much and not at all are not the same...even a small act can cause an avalanche. I do not want you to come to harm and I believe there could be hope for your avatar. You said that you have accepted your darkness, can you explain what you meant?"

"Hope perhaps...but not much...can you really say that my chances are good if handed over to the Traditions?"
Molly asked then she sigh.
"I do not know how to explain it, when I was a child I would have these desires to do harm and it was more out of fear for my father, who though he is good, and kind had a strict view of child rearing, than anything else that I did not act on them. When I got a bit older it was the morals my parents gave me that did the same but I was always ashamed of who I was, why did I get the desires to murder, hurt others, destroy...why when watching a horror movie did I rewind and watch the most bloody scenes again and again? And my dreams...my dreams where so...filled with macabre imagery you would not believe. I did not know what was wrong with me, I only knew that in both my mother's and my father's religion I would be evil...I mean my grandparents even said so when they notices some of my tastes, said I was the punishment their child was getting for marrying outside of their religion. Shame never stopped those desires though."
Molly muttered she looked down.
"They only got worse and I feared I would hurt someone, kill or torture or maim someone. Perhaps I was possessed by a demon like my grandparents believed...and the worst thing was I wanted to hurt someone, I wanted it so bad and only not wanted to make my parents ashamed of me stopped me...so well I went to a bridge and...I jumped, I figured I would shame my parents less if I died than if I acted on my desires. I do not know how I survived, I Awakened somewhere on my way down an instinctively cast a rote for I woke up on the ground under the bridge, not a scratch on me...and then I realize it was not really murder and pain and death I wanted, that are like when you crave sweets but in reality you are actually hungry or thirsty, you just where not aware of what you wanted. I...realized that I wanted to unmake myself, not kill, not destroy but to unmake my existence. I begun to read allot of Lovecraft who have those themes and it struck a cord in me, but I knew that I also had to find a way to positively express it so I started reading up both about Buddhism and also several New Age faiths that contained the idea of a spiritual goal where one stopped existing as a person in past, future and present and became a part of the divine again. I found respite in these faiths and I found the Cult of Extasy and a teacher."
Molly's voice was low as she spoke and new tears now and again dripped from her eyes.
"Walking a path towards my darker goals but turning them positive did dampen my desire for harming anyone, but the desires where there, just more manageable and I was ashamed. But then I had a Seeking, a rather grueling one, I nearly died and for the first time I saw my Avatar where before I had only heard her voice...and she was horrid...oh but she was also beautiful...glorious...have you ever seen the Finish horror movie Sauna? Well think about the faceless redemption demons of that movie, only that instead of blood where the face should be...there where nothingness, the glorious beauty on non existence in the middle of a bloody hole where there should be a face, on a woman in blood stained clothes and I thought...if this is my soul it is no wonder I am the way I am...and my grandparents talk of demons washed away and I reached out and I embraced her, I held this part of myself in my arms and I told her I accepted her, accepted all she was, she was a part of me, and that was ok I would not be ashamed, but that I had the will to choose my own path and I would walk it towards non existence in love and harmony, helping those on my path...and in accepting that darkness, agreeing that it is a part of me and always will be, I gained control. I still rewind the murder and torture scenes of horror movies for that is safe I allow myself that pleasure, I allow myself fantasies and I no longer feel ashamed, I do not do it hidden away in darkness, but I no longer have any desire to act on those impulses, they are part of me, but are not defining me, and the faceless woman accepts that now...accepts me..."
Molly said then she blushed, to speak about her Avatar and a Seeking in front of strangers where far to intimate to be comfortable.
"That is what I mean by accepting that darkness."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Colin smiled to Adjan, "I meant to use the shuttle for the fight, not for an escape... I think Chief Morgan would object if I took off in his shuttle to help with shenanigans without asking first... However noble the purpose."
He read Adjan's note and nodded, not adding anything.
Glancing at Adley, he sighed, "I'm not so sure it's a Mercere. More likely, someone else who is free to send messages by way of them. But we can't rule the couriers out, either."
He grimaced to Molly, "We do have little wriggle room... But in a manner of speaking, we're in a good position right now - those we oppose have vast spider's web to further their plots, and they're advancing as though there was no problem. We've started rolling up their threads, several at a time - enough threads, and we will tear the web of deceit apart and break through. And I, for one, mean to try to bring you with me, instead of letting them drag you down when they fall."
Colin frowned, "That means Worcester Regional, Manchester-Boston Regional or T. F. Green, if they're flying commercially. Those are in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, respectively. However, there are about a dozen public airports they could use if they go by a smaller plane, which shouldn't be a problem if they have a pilot of their own..."
He sighed to Molly, "I won't say your chances are good... But I think they might be less awful with us."
He nodded thoughtfully as she related her story.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Colin smiled to Adjan, "I meant to use the shuttle for the fight, not for an escape... I think Chief Morgan would object if I took off in his shuttle to help with shenanigans without asking first... However noble the purpose."

"Well Mr Wainwright you do not want to see Chief Morgan direct his anger at you, but yes a Umbra ship can be handy in a fight, if it is armed..."

He read Adjan's note and nodded, not adding anything.
Glancing at Adley, he sighed, "I'm not so sure it's a Mercere. More likely, someone else who is free to send messages by way of them. But we can't rule the couriers out, either."

"The Mercere have an excellent history of nobility and loyalty, when the Union nearly wiped them out during the Renaissance, it was one of the first things the newly formed Order of Reason did, take out the Mercere, they never once betrayed the Order of Hermes and later the Traditions, but no one is incorruptible."
Adjan said and held out his hand for the notes so he could destroy them.

He grimaced to Molly, "We do have little wriggle room... But in a manner of speaking, we're in a good position right now - those we oppose have vast spider's web to further their plots, and they're advancing as though there was no problem. We've started rolling up their threads, several at a time - enough threads, and we will tear the web of deceit apart and break through. And I, for one, mean to try to bring you with me, instead of letting them drag you down when they fall."

Molly nodded but she looked no less scared, at least she stopped screaming to be let go, though she was still crying.
"I...do not understand Mr Wainwright, what can you do to change the system of the Traditions..."
She muttered fearfully.
"Fuck I might be...I...do not know how to handle this...I..."
She said sounding horrified and near her breaking point.

Colin frowned, "That means Worcester Regional, Manchester-Boston Regional or T. F. Green, if they're flying commercially. Those are in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, respectively. However, there are about a dozen public airports they could use if they go by a smaller plane, which shouldn't be a problem if they have a pilot of their own..."

"I am sorry, that is all I heard, that they where going by plane, but that they could not go to Logan's and that it was seven of them."
Molly said then she looked up.
"Wait there is one thing more put it is probably not relevant...ehm that woman Jodelle a few times she asked the one she was walking with, this Abigail then I assume, if the destruction in Boston would spread to Malden, and once she asked to be allowed to warn someone there, someone named Domenico, and was told rather sharply that any contact with the Traditionalists would be punished harshly. After each such conversation she would look at a picture on her phone, though I never saw it clearly it was a man. I guess she have an illegal sweetheart, probably not relevant and I do not want to get anyone in trouble if this man is with the Traditions but if there is something big coming I guess I should mention it."
Molly said looking very hesitant.

He sighed to Molly, "I won't say your chances are good... But I think they might be less awful with us."

The Cultist looked down and shuddered.
"But what if you can not convince the Council to give me a chance?"
She asked in a very thin voice and then she started sobbing again.

(OOC: My spell checker hate me, it wanted to change a miss spelled direct to naked...meaning the sentence would be you do not want to see Chief Morgan naked...well I guess that no it is not on Colin's to do list...but it would be a very random thing to say. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Molly jumped and gave a scared whimper as Adley touched her wrists and it was all she could do not to jerk her hands away, she looked terrified and not just over this situation but over that time spent as a Nephandus' prisoner

"I'm sorry," he said. One way or the other though, she would have to have these on for a few moments. He carefully clipped them on as quickly as he could so he would stop scaring her as much as possible.

"We know there are not many Criamons, they are all but extinct so the woman at Morningstar might know the one S was talking about. As for Senex, he have a long history of giving aid to those who come to his Chantry but seldom reach out and use his power outside of it. Yes it is likely a process of cleansing would be individual, everything else about Avatars are."

He read the note and nodded a little, passing it to Colin. "What was that picture the girl showed you?" he asked.

"Well if they could get one Mercere to our cause we are fucked." Adjan said bluntly. "Let us hope that is not their plan."

He looked at his friend and frowned. "It is what I would do, not even stop the mail, just surveillance...we will have to tell someone soon about that."

"I did not hear who Abigail did not trust...I am sorry."

"If the plane left at local time we need to tell someone about that flight," he said to Colin.

"Fate is muddied because the bloody Nephandi are shitting on the cycle, forgive the graphic description but that is what it is. There will be death, that much I can say, how many of those deaths I can prevent if they are on our side, I do not know."

He nodded at that, reminded of Narim's words earlier. How everything was muddied. And all they could do was make their best choices.

"That is true, depending on the Spirit." He said and nodded.

"As it is legal, I do not see any reason not to ask and see what he says, if he answers. Though we cannot wait indefinitely," he suggested.

"Hope perhaps...but not much...can you really say that my chances are good if handed over to the Traditions?"
Molly asked then she sigh...Molly said then she blushed, to speak about her Avatar and a Seeking in front of strangers where far to intimate to be comfortable."That is what I mean by accepting that darkness."

"Thank you for explaining." Well, it did sound like some of the ordeals that Susanna had gone though, according to what her lover had said. He frowned looking at the sobbing girl and knew soon they would have to make some type of choice about what to do with her and her faceless avatar.

Jodelle a few times she asked the one she was walking with, this Abigail then I assume, if the destruction in Boston would spread to Malden, and once she asked to be allowed to warn someone there, someone named Domenico, and was told rather sharply that any contact with the Traditionalists would be punished harshly. After each such conversation she would look at a picture on her phone, though I never saw it clearly it was a man. I guess she have an illegal sweetheart, probably not relevant and I do not want to get anyone in trouble if this man is with the Traditions but if there is something big coming I guess I should mention it."

He raised his eyebrows at the girl and then said to the others, "The same picture was on the wall." There was only one photo on the phone that they knew of and it was the same. "The back of the photo said, "'Remember me mentor and thank you for letting me go, I will always hold you in my heart, love Oscar.'" Malden was a bit north in Middlesex, the apple hadn't fallen far from its tree.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm

"I'm sorry," he said. One way or the other though, she would have to have these on for a few moments. He carefully clipped them on as quickly as he could so he would stop scaring her as much as possible.

Molly winced her wrists where sore so there was probably some discomfort, but the wounds where protected by bandages so mostly it was probably fear, she cried more desperately and brought her hands up to wipe away some tears her eyes where the same fear she had when she was first found, the cuffs did not exactly bring back happy memories.
"It is okey...I...understand."
She muttered to the Hermetic's apology.

He looked at his friend and frowned. "It is what I would do, not even stop the mail, just surveillance...we will have to tell someone soon about that."

"Yes, the sooner the better."
Adjan agreed.
"And yes if they can pull it off it would be a good plan."
He muttered and did not look like he liked the implications of that.

"As it is legal, I do not see any reason not to ask and see what he says, if he answers. Though we cannot wait indefinitely," he suggested.

"Agreed...if so we should send your spirit friend as soon as possible to give Miss Molly the best chance that the Old Man will respond."
Adjan agreed.

"Thank you for explaining." Well, it did sound like some of the ordeals that Susanna had gone though, according to what her lover had said. He frowned looking at the sobbing girl and knew soon they would have to make some type of choice about what to do with her and her faceless avatar.

Molly looked up and just nodded she still looked a bit embarrassed at having spoken about something so personal.
"Do it tell you anything...I mean I guess there where a reason why you asked Sir."
She muttered.

He raised his eyebrows at the girl and then said to the others, "The same picture was on the wall." There was only one photo on the phone that they knew of and it was the same. "The back of the photo said, "'Remember me mentor and thank you for letting me go, I will always hold you in my heart, love Oscar.'" Malden was a bit north in Middlesex, the apple hadn't fallen far from its tree.

"Well there is a Chantry in Malden, it should be easy enough to find out if there is a mage named Oscar there or Domenico or a combination thereof, or if they know of such a person, more importantly though if Miss Jerkins are concerned about this man, do you think the possibility that what Larson is planning will put him in danger as well might be a bit of leverage we can use to get what we need out of the Nephandus...without playing a finger on her?"
The Euthanatos asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Colin nodded, "The shuttle is... huh, that is odd. I remember it having some light armaments, but I don't recall whether it came with them, or if they were a later upgrade. Possibly, it could be both..."
Colin gave Molly a small smile, with almost a touch of wickedness to it, "What can we do? We can shine a light on the corrupting and the corrupted. We know there is a rot, and if we expose it... there'll be swift justice and favours owed, I think."
He thought back a little, his face falling, "The picture... War coming to Horizon; two allies fighting over a fallen comrade will be a central part of the coming conflict. There are many paths, and... an innocent must be sacrificed to save many more. Fuck. Seems every fifteen minutes, we meet another innocent it could be..."
With the cuffs in place, he loosened his grip on Molly, just enough to free one hand, "God, Molly, I'm sorry..."
He sighed and fished out his phone, "I'll send our coordination expert at home a message... When was the group to depart?"
He frowned, "This... Oscar Domenico, or whatever his name is, if we can find him, he should be most excellent leverage. We could very well be able to extricate some more answers from miss Jerkins. Possibly a substantial amount of information, if we were to promise her to send a message to Oscar. Depending on his... condition, that might be legal; I'm not entirely sure what the precedent is for extending comfort from a Fallen to a non-Fallen Traditionalist..."
He gave Molly a light squeeze, "Adley and I have a Cabalmate... She's very much like you; a sweet girl who wouldn't harm a fly. I held her when she was almost... Adley managed to stop it before it was too late; if we can find the means once, we can find it again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Colin nodded, "The shuttle is... huh, that is odd. I remember it having some light armaments, but I don't recall whether it came with them, or if they were a later upgrade. Possibly, it could be both..."

"It really depends, I guess most ships have at least some armaments for protection, but I am no expert on Umbral ships mind you."
Adjan commented.

Colin gave Molly a small smile, with almost a touch of wickedness to it, "What can we do? We can shine a light on the corrupting and the corrupted. We know there is a rot, and if we expose it... there'll be swift justice and favours owed, I think."

"Do you...think you will succeed Mr Wainwright?"
Molly asked she looked down and did not look very hopeful.
"In time?"

He thought back a little, his face falling, "The picture... War coming to Horizon; two allies fighting over a fallen comrade will be a central part of the coming conflict. There are many paths, and... an innocent must be sacrificed to save many more. Fuck. Seems every fifteen minutes, we meet another innocent it could be..."
With the cuffs in place, he loosened his grip on Molly, just enough to free one hand, "God, Molly, I'm sorry..."

The Cultist looked rather confused when Colin described the picture then she looked more scared, she did not fight, not just now but she was quite worried about the implications.
"I do not understand..."
She muttered softly.

He sighed and fished out his phone, "I'll send our coordination expert at home a message... When was the group to depart?"

"Seven...she said seven on the phone."
Molly muttered she wiped more tears of her cheeks but they where soon replaced by fresh ones as she tried to process all that was happening.

He frowned, "This... Oscar Domenico, or whatever his name is, if we can find him, he should be most excellent leverage. We could very well be able to extricate some more answers from miss Jerkins. Possibly a substantial amount of information, if we were to promise her to send a message to Oscar. Depending on his... condition, that might be legal; I'm not entirely sure what the precedent is for extending comfort from a Fallen to a non-Fallen Traditionalist..."

"Well if he is a Traditionalist, and since Miss Jerkins is in captivity a message should be fine as long as it do not endanger the Traditions. The law says do not conspire with the enemies of Ascension, sending a simple message or being nice to a Fallen captive would not apply."
Adjan said and fished out his own phone.
"I will send a message to Narim and ask him if he knows any contact information for that Chantry in Malden, we could just contact them and ask about the guy, whatever his name might be."
The Euthanatos said as he begun to type a message.
"And yes hell we do not even need to threaten the guy, which we anyway can not do if he is with us, but with Larson's plan succeeds well, I would not be to pleased about having loved ones near Boston...well I do have that but I am fighting to stop Larson's little hobby project...Miss Jerkins might decide to talk rather than having a loved one be fodder for the thing the blond bitch is planning to summon, if you do excuse my language."

He gave Molly a light squeeze, "Adley and I have a Cabalmate... She's very much like you; a sweet girl who wouldn't harm a fly. I held her when she was almost... Adley managed to stop it before it was too late; if we can find the means once, we can find it again."

"You have a Cabalmate who are a...widderslainte?"
Molly asked then her eyes widened.
"She was almost...oh heaven poor thing...is she alright?"
She asked forgetting herself for a moment and sounding quite concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Colin gave Molly's shoulder a light squeeze, "We will do what we can - we can promise no more."
Colin quickly tapped out a message to Narim, "N6 or N7 to reinforce LL, left Chicago by plane at 7PM, likely headed for ORH, MHT or PVD. Most likely ORH, since in-state. 1N a non-issue; may have been replaced."
He nodded to Adjan as he hit Send, "Alright, I've notified him of the flight, you ask about this Domenico fellow."
He smiled softly, "Yes, Beatrice... She's a sweet, innocent little thing; a... landscape painter, of sorts. Verbena, actually. She is... recovering."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Colin gave Molly's shoulder a light squeeze, "We will do what we can - we can promise no more."

Molly looked down.
"I...well thank you for what you are doing...many would not help...one such as me at all."
She said sadly.
"But...it might not work and then I will be...will be..."
Molly really did not look well.
"I think I am going to be sick."
She whimpered.

Colin quickly tapped out a message to Narim, "N6 or N7 to reinforce LL, left Chicago by plane at 7PM, likely headed for ORH, MHT or PVD. Most likely ORH, since in-state. 1N a non-issue; may have been replaced."

You get a reply back that simply said.
"I will see what I can do."

He nodded to Adjan as he hit Send, "Alright, I've notified him of the flight, you ask about this Domenico fellow."

Adjan nodded at that as he typed at his phone.

He smiled softly, "Yes, Beatrice... She's a sweet, innocent little thing; a... landscape painter, of sorts. Verbena, actually. She is... recovering."

"I hope she...recovers Mr Wainwright...is she safe now I mean...can the Council go after her again?"
Molly asked and glanced up at Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next