Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Ashan101 Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:33 am

)OOLC need a catch up guys.... been offline for about 10 days ! )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 am

(OOC: Well for a short summary Adley, Colin, Richard and Adjan went to save the girl they had found in the Nephandi prisoner's bathroom, once there they find the girl chained up in the bathroom, though they do not find allot of clues in the apartment. They leave with the girl who is a Cultist of Ecstasy though Adjan and Adley seam very concerned about something, they stop at a fast food joint to get the girl some food and then at a cheap motel to discuss something.

I have just had Richard on autopilot to not use your character. I assumed he would tend to the girl's ligature burns and bandage them and have later just had him be on guard duty just to avoid using a player's character so right now Richard is outside of a cheap hotel, keeping watch while the others are inside.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:55 am

(ooic that's fine.. .and if i go quiet ( work schedule stuff...) you are more than welcome to make me more active.... just not deadly.. .tho i do expect bad stuff to happen Smile )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:50 am

"It is okey...I...understand." She muttered to the Hermetic's apology.

He frowned and looked at her wrists, leaving her some personal space.

"And yes if they can pull it off it would be a good plan." He muttered and did not look like he liked the implications of that.

"For them...though if we can find out what's going on, who the potential infiltrator is or weak spot they're trying to use, if my thoughts are correct, then we can send them false intelligence and a lot of garbage instead."

"Agreed...if so we should send your spirit friend as soon as possible to give Miss Molly the best chance that the Old Man will respond."
Adjan agreed

"Very well, I will do so in the bath. Perhaps while that occurs she should be checked for any nonmagickal trackers, just in case." He looked around for the fire alarm, so he could pull the battery out of it. "Is there a particular address that I should use, or specific place aside from Cerebus to send her?"

"Do it tell you anything...I mean I guess there where a reason why you asked Sir." She muttered

"I'm trying to understand...why some like you are different, how...how to help those like you cleanse your avatars. I believe it is possible, if rare but everyone will have different paths. There may be similar...crossways."

"do you think the possibility that what Larson is planning will put him in danger as well might be a bit of leverage we can use to get what we need out of the Nephandus...without playing a finger on her?"

"I think it is worth a try."

He thought back a little, his face falling, "The picture... War coming to Horizon; two allies fighting over a fallen comrade will be a central part of the coming conflict. There are many paths, and... an innocent must be sacrificed to save many more. Fuck. Seems every fifteen minutes, we meet another innocent it could be..." With the cuffs in place, he loosened his grip on Molly, just enough to free one hand, "God, Molly, I'm sorry..."

He frowned at Colin, then glanced at the girl and back to him, wondering if he thought that it was this girl or not. "Was there anything else you can recall about it? Perhaps something regarding the timeframe here might be useful."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 am

Colin nodded, "I believe there'll be a retrial eventually. This time, though, she has precedent on her side. If we are really lucky, we can start establishing new precedents, but I'm no lawyer."
He sighed, "As for the drawing, I haven't had the time to sit down and meditate on it for myself - as the Criamon whose apprentice drew it said, those drawings are personal in nature. My initial guess was that what we do in this period of time will directly affect the attack I remember coming to Horizon in twenty years. That... might prove an inaccurate assumption."
He smoothly fished out his monocle set and produced one with Matter-oriented engravings along the edge, "I can look for mundane tracking devices. Well, more specifically, I can look for metallic objects - can't make a tracker without."
He fixed it in his right eye socket and looked at Molly, concentrating, "Conspectus metallorum."

((OOC: Arete roll - 8,8,0... Hot damn. I hope Molly doesn't have any intimate piercings she's not ready to divulge, 'cause Colin can probably see everything made of metal with a roll like that. O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 am

He frowned and looked at her wrists, leaving her some personal space.

Molly looked down, she seemed pale and unsure what to do with herself and quite scared, she glanced at the cuffs and then looked away, as if she did not want to see them.

"For them...though if we can find out what's going on, who the potential infiltrator is or weak spot they're trying to use, if my thoughts are correct, then we can send them false intelligence and a lot of garbage instead."

Adjan nodded.
"Well now that might actually work."
He agreed with a little smile.

"Very well, I will do so in the bath. Perhaps while that occurs she should be checked for any nonmagickal trackers, just in case." He looked around for the fire alarm, so he could pull the battery out of it. "Is there a particular address that I should use, or specific place aside from Cerebus to send her?"

You find the fire alarm in the middle of the roof, it is just a small, circular box that detect  smoke so getting it down and taking out the battery should not be a problem.
"I can do that be we lack Miss Adlebloom and her technical finesse so it would involve ehm...examining her body very closely, if we are going to be sure we will have to strip her naked and go over every inch of skin and that...I do not really want to do that."
Adjan said and sigh.
"I can cast a rote and feel for metal perhaps that will show something."
He muttered then he added.
"No just have her go to the shard realm of Pluto and tell the first make there who intercept her that she want to speak with the Old Man that should do it."

"I'm trying to understand...why some like you are different, how...how to help those like you cleanse your avatars. I believe it is possible, if rare but everyone will have different paths. There may be similar...crossways."

"I understand..."
Molly said and nodded.
"Well if I can help I am willing to talk about it, but I do not know what else I can say."

"I think it is worth a try."

"Well I have sent a message let us see what the good Master Sharaya say, perhaps he can find this Oscar for us."

Colin nodded, "I believe there'll be a retrial eventually. This time, though, she has precedent on her side. If we are really lucky, we can start establishing new precedents, but I'm no lawyer."

"I hope that your Cabalmate will stay safe and be fine...and obviously that there will be new precedents and laws."
Molly said and sigh.
"Poor girl...what she must have gone through..."

He sighed, "As for the drawing, I haven't had the time to sit down and meditate on it for myself - as the Criamon whose apprentice drew it said, those drawings are personal in nature. My initial guess was that what we do in this period of time will directly affect the attack I remember coming to Horizon in twenty years. That... might prove an inaccurate assumption."

"Excuse me Sirs...but are you talking about one of Meg's drawings?"
Molly said and glanced up.
"Yes usually her drawings are very personal they can have both direct and layered meanings though, it is how she communicate."

He smoothly fished out his monocle set and produced one with Matter-oriented engravings along the edge, "I can look for mundane tracking devices. Well, more specifically, I can look for metallic objects - can't make a tracker without."
He fixed it in his right eye socket and looked at Molly, concentrating, "Conspectus metallorum."

The buttons on Molly's dress was metal, a small gold heart pendant around her neck, a multitude of metals in the ink used in a tattoo where her lower back med her rump on the left side and that was pretty much it other than...well you can actually see the metal content, the minuscule amounts in her blood and flesh, it was a rather visually stunning effect to see all that motion and complexity, there where nothing that looked like a tracker though, at least not made of metal.

Richard you stand outside keeping watch but it is certainly some bad news going on in there, you hear Adley chanting a few times but that is to be expected, he will be checking the girl for arcane connections and residues, but you also hear the youn Cultist sobbing helplessly and cry out to be let go in a near panic.

(OOC: Very well I will do that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 am

Colin slowly scanned Molly, head to toe, from all sides, and took out his monocle with a puzzled expression. "Well, you have dress buttons, a lovely gold pendant, and that's all you have on the outside. I'm sorry if this is embarrassing, but you also have metallic ink in your... tattoo, and looking at the trace metals, your blood flow seems perfectly fine. Also, that was slightly on the disturbing side to see, but I am quite certain you have no mundane tracking device. Last I checked, there's no way to make those without metal circuitry."
He removed the monocle before he accidentally looked to closely at anyone or anything else, "That was... unusual."
He smiled to Molly, "Yes, Meg was the girl's name... A sweet little girl with what I presume to be ritualistic scars? I rather gathered she has a, well, peculiar relationship with continuity."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 am

Colin slowly scanned Molly, head to toe, from all sides, and took out his monocle with a puzzled expression. "Well, you have dress buttons, a lovely gold pendant, and that's all you have on the outside. I'm sorry if this is embarrassing, but you also have metallic ink in your... tattoo, and looking at the trace metals, your blood flow seems perfectly fine. Also, that was slightly on the disturbing side to see, but I am quite certain you have no mundane tracking device. Last I checked, there's no way to make those without metal circuitry."

Molly blushed, at least that brought some color to her cheeks.
"I...well yes I do have a tattoo...the result of a rather vet night on the town..."
She muttered embarrassed.
"So I am clean? No trackers?"
She asked. Adjan looked away politely and pretended he had not heard the part about the tattoo out of respect for the lady's privacy.

He removed the monocle before he accidentally looked to closely at anyone or anything else, "That was... unusual."

Adjan raised an eyebrow at Colin but he did not say anything.

He smiled to Molly, "Yes, Meg was the girl's name... A sweet little girl with what I presume to be ritualistic scars? I rather gathered she has a, well, peculiar relationship with continuity."

"Criamon imprints...well yes you could say they are ritualistic scars in a way, I do not know much about them though but members of House Criamon mark themselves for each magickal accomplishment and each insight they gain."
Molly explained.
"Yes I know Meg she is my niece...ehm...or whatever, relations in our society can be complicated, her mother is one of my mentor's other students...and yes she have unique insights, she always had, that is why she was placed with that particular House, she never speaks though, just draws."
She said sounding a bit concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 am

Colin nodded, "As far as I can tell, there's nothing with which to locate you. And as for the tattoo - I'm hardly suited to comment on it, beyond noting that it's there. I assure you, I associate with a number of highly... decorated veterans without a medal between them. I myself only have a few medals for my service time, but I've considered some memorial decorations..."
He stroked his face thoughtfully, "I'll admit, I've never looked so deeply into someone - I'm afraid I don't quite have the knack for the biological, so seeing how someone's circulation works like that is, well, slightly disturbing, to be honest. No matter. As for Meg, I suppose that for someone who draws such evocative pictures, words would be a needless complication..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Colin nodded, "As far as I can tell, there's nothing with which to locate you. And as for the tattoo - I'm hardly suited to comment on it, beyond noting that it's there. I assure you, I associate with a number of highly... decorated veterans without a medal between them. I myself only have a few medals for my service time, but I've considered some memorial decorations..."

Molly nodded but she looked a bit confused as if she did not understand what Colin was talking about.
"Excuse me Sir I am sure you and your friends served exemplary in the military as you say but what do that have to do with getting drunk one night out with my Cabal and getting a bit of a ill advised tattoo."
She asked and blushed again, well at least she was talking about something else than her current situation, which was probably a good thing, she could use the distraction.

He stroked his face thoughtfully, "I'll admit, I've never looked so deeply into someone - I'm afraid I don't quite have the knack for the biological, so seeing how someone's circulation works like that is, well, slightly disturbing, to be honest. No matter.

"That is an impressive rote Mr Wainwright."
Molly said as she glanced at Colin.
"Getting that much detail is not easy."

As for Meg, I suppose that for someone who draws such evocative pictures, words would be a needless complication..."

"Yes well, it can also be rather complicated when trying to figure out if she needs anything, if she is hungry or cold...she have begun to draw simpler images for regular communication, a picture of a plate if she is hungry or a fire if cold but even so...well complicated is the right word."
Molly said then she sigh.
"I wonder how my sisters...or Cara, Meg's mentor...or my own teacher and Cabal will react to finding out what I am...I fear they will fear me, or hate me."
The young woman said and looked down, seaming heart broken.
"How did you and yours react when you found out about...ehm it was Beatrice you said her name was right?"
The Cultist asked cautiously.
"If you do not mind me asking that is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Colin chuckled, "You misunderstand me. The veterans of which I speak are all about getting ill-advised tattoos while drunk. I am given to understand that it's something of a US Army ritual after the first combat encounter. One which, if the commanding officer is in a bad mood, leads to harsh penalties for damaging military property..."
He smiled wryly, "I think it's more of a lucky fluke... Then again, it could be that this place has an appreciation for anything that tries to reveal everything. I'll admit, though, I seem to have a knack for finer details. Likely a side effect of my mundane work; 'close enough' only applies to horseshoes and hand grenades, after all."
He pulled Molly in for a gentle hug, "There, there... They already know you. I'll give you even odds they'll remember your gentle nature and love you still, even if they might be a little more wary. You are still you, after all; this information doesn't automatically turn you into a savage ragebeast or anything like that. I can't speak for all my Cabalmates' reactions, but after she was outed, as it were, Beatrice seemed... more relieved than anything, really."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Colin chuckled, "You misunderstand me. The veterans of which I speak are all about getting ill-advised tattoos while drunk. I am given to understand that it's something of a US Army ritual after the first combat encounter. One which, if the commanding officer is in a bad mood, leads to harsh penalties for damaging military property..."

"My mentor did not much care that I got a tattoo, she was not pleased I had done it in a place where I had not checked out out the hygiene first, I got a bit of a lecture for that one."
Molly said with a hint of a smile.
"Where you in the military long Sir?"

He smiled wryly, "I think it's more of a lucky fluke... Then again, it could be that this place has an appreciation for anything that tries to reveal everything. I'll admit, though, I seem to have a knack for finer details. Likely a side effect of my mundane work; 'close enough' only applies to horseshoes and hand grenades, after all."

"Well magick is a reflection of the mage who wields it, if you work with fine details then, perhaps that is how your magick manifests as well, Resonance is not always big and impressive or dangerous, it is in the smaller things as well."
The Cultist said as she glanced at Colin.
"Still that level of detail is impressive Mr Wainwright."

He pulled Molly in for a gentle hug, "There, there... They already know you. I'll give you even odds they'll remember your gentle nature and love you still, even if they might be a little more wary. You are still you, after all; this information doesn't automatically turn you into a savage ragebeast or anything like that.

Molly seamed first frightened as Colin hugged her but then she relaxed.
"I do not know, if my grandparents on both sides never stopped hating the one their child was married to due to their choice of religion, how can my mentor and Cabal still accept me when they find out I am Fallen and have been all along, I...am not looking forward to telling them."
She said softly.

I can't speak for all my Cabalmates' reactions, but after she was outed, as it were, Beatrice seemed... more relieved than anything, really."

"I guess it can be hard to live with...such a secret."
Molly muttered.
"I do not know what I would have done if I had found out in some other way, if I had told them...but I can imagine carrying the secret to be difficult."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Colin grimaced, "Long enough to get shot in the face with a missile in combat. Long enough, in fact, to earn my wings as an expert pilot. That was a quarter century ago, though. I'm still a damn fine pilot, but I've not been called back to active duty after I got shot down. I got a few bits of tin for my effort, and a decent pension."
He sighed, "Your grandparents probably had reasons that went beyond the religion issue. Turkey and Britain has had their... issues for a long time, and it's not even a century since Ireland got its independence from England. Add to that there was the distinct matter of a choice with which they did not agree and were, obviously, denied influence over, and you have a nasty mix right away. I find that people are more likely to sympathize with an accident than what they deem a bad, or even stupid choice."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Colin grimaced, "Long enough to get shot in the face with a missile in combat. Long enough, in fact, to earn my wings as an expert pilot. That was a quarter century ago, though. I'm still a damn fine pilot, but I've not been called back to active duty after I got shot down.

"I am sorry if I made you remember something painful Mr Wainwright."
Molly said and looked down.
"So you are a pilot? My father can fly a plane, not a fighter plane though, just small private jets for the company he works for, that is cheaper often when they go for business meetings than sending with them a dedicated pilot."
She explained.

I got a few bits of tin for my effort, and a decent pension."

"Well you deserve it."
The girl said with another hint of a smile.

He sighed, "Your grandparents probably had reasons that went beyond the religion issue. Turkey and Britain has had their... issues for a long time, and it's not even a century since Ireland got its independence from England. Add to that there was the distinct matter of a choice with which they did not agree and were, obviously, denied influence over, and you have a nasty mix right away. I find that people are more likely to sympathize with an accident than what they deem a bad, or even stupid choice."

"Maybe...but even so there is so much hostility there, thank the heavens the two families do not celebrate the same holidays or I am sure they would murder one another."
Molly said and sigh.
"I just hope my loved ones in the magickal society will not hate me for what I am."
She said softly and looked down again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 pm

You find the fire alarm in the middle of the roof, it is just a small, circular box that detect smoke so getting it down and taking out the battery should not be a problem

He picks it off the ceiling and removes the battery, putting them both on the nightstand. "Don't want to set this off, in the event it might actually be functioning."

"No just have her go to the shard realm of Pluto and tell the first make there who intercept her that she want to speak with the Old Man that should do it.

"Very well." He sat down and while the others talked, constructed the message to send, writing it out so he would not forget anything important. "Did either of you wish to be named in this request?"

"Excuse me Sirs...but are you talking about one of Meg's drawings?" Molly said and glanced up. "Yes usually her drawings are very personal they can have both direct and layered meanings though, it is how she communicate."

He wished he'd gotten a look at it - or that Colin would have had time to look closer at it. Between that and what his avatar had said to him, the picture could have held a clue as to who the right one might be in a wrong-feeling situation.

"Yes I know Meg she is my niece...ehm...or whatever, relations in our society can be complicated, her mother is one of my mentor's other students...and yes she have unique insights, she always had, that is why she was placed with that particular House, she never speaks though, just draws."

"Her mother is a member of the Cultists of Ecstasy? Hm..."

I can't speak for all my Cabalmates' reactions, but after she was outed, as it were, Beatrice seemed... more relieved than anything, really."

Adley paused in his writing, feeling a wave of shame creep over him. He'd been awful but he'd been so angry...It had yet to be an entire week since that had happened and so much had changed. He'd found out so much that he hardly had a chance for any of it to sink in. Some of it literally hurt his head and he was so tired...how would he know who is the right innocent to suffer then? Was it this poor girl, or another....? When he was ready he took the note to the bath to prepare to call Embra, again looking for a fire alarm in case there was another.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:59 pm

He picks it off the ceiling and removes the battery, putting them both on the nightstand. "Don't want to set this off, in the event it might actually be functioning."

"Well if anything works in here it would be that, I doubt the owner want his motel to burn down."
Adjan said and glanced at the smoke detector.

"Very well." He sat down and while the others talked, constructed the message to send, writing it out so he would not forget anything important. "Did either of you wish to be named in this request?"

"My mentor was trained at Cerberus, it is after all also a collage Chantry, his name was August James Wellington, it might be wise to mention his name and that his apprentice are asking for this favor on behalf of Miss Molly here."
Adjan said, there where a flash of pain in his eyes when he mentioned his mentor's name.

"Her mother is a member of the Cultists of Ecstasy? Hm..."

"Apprentice member and not yet fully initiated but yes she is Sir."
Molly said and glanced at Adley.
"Maria found the Traditions when she was looking for help with Meg who she did not understand, though she had the foresight to understand that the girl is special, she do not have allot of talent for magick, not that I should say so she works hard and that can generally overcome any lack of talent, anyway she asked to be Awakened in the hope that would let her understand her daughter and my mentor agreed to take the job."
The Cultist explained.

When he was ready he took the note to the bath to prepare to call Embra, again looking for a fire alarm in case there was another.

There was no fire alarm in here, just the rusty old bath tub and sink and a toilet no sane man would actually use for how worn and dirty it looked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Colin nodded to Molly, "I'm primarily a helicopter pilot - though if it is made to fly, I can pilot it."
He squeezed her shoulder gently, "Don't lose sight of that hope, even, no, especially when it seems the most futile."

He nodded to Adley, "You could mention that I add my voice to the petition, and to reference Lady Arden's opinion of me; she'd not have made it out of Boston if we had not sorted out the complication at Logan. She should remember me by my real name from my card, or by the alias John Steed, which I used while in earshot of, well, Technocrats."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Colin nodded to Molly, "I'm primarily a helicopter pilot - though if it is made to fly, I can pilot it."

"Helicopters, are they not terribly dangerous to fly as if the rotor stop spinning it falls down like a rock?"
Molly asked.
"A plane at least have wings, they look like they are meant to fly."

He squeezed her shoulder gently, "Don't lose sight of that hope, even, no, especially when it seems the most futile."

"Sometimes hope seams very far away."
The Cultist said and looked away sadly, lifting her bound hands to wipe more tears of her cheeks and wincing slightly as the metal moved and irritated her wounds.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Colin grinned wryly as he handed Molly his handkerchief, "Well, if the helicopter's rotor stops spinning, the pilot has already made a few terrible mistakes, usually. Such as getting too close to a cliff or a missile. A plane is actually more vulnerable, due to somewhat poorer maneuverability and birds. There are few things that can kill a plane as swiftly as a few ducks or geese in the turbine."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Colin grinned wryly as he handed Molly his handkerchief, "Well, if the helicopter's rotor stops spinning, the pilot has already made a few terrible mistakes, usually. Such as getting too close to a cliff or a missile. A plane is actually more vulnerable, due to somewhat poorer maneuverability and birds.

Molly accepted the handkerchief with a bit of a grateful smile and used it to wipe of her cheeks.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright, it is not my area of expertise after all."
She muttered.

There are few things that can kill a plane as swiftly as a few ducks or geese in the turbine."

"Well now that do sound problematic and also, poor birds."
She said and handed the handkerchief back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Richard waits patiently outside

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 am

There is not much happening outside, guests for the motel arrive, usually couples and at least partly drunk, and guests leave, a dog bark somewhere, other that that it seams to be a quiet evening, at least for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 am

Friday:

Oh, no, i don't spect the spirit to stop them, only to hammer the idea of peace until we kick bad people's ass.

"Why would anyone drink blood, much less vampire blood?"

It's a drug that makes you stronger, let's you heal and some other things, but it's terribly adictive and kills your avatar.

Still, that is politics. Walk as you can or don't, that's better than taking another one's path. THose who walk another's path find another's destiny, in the end.

Saturday:

I'm just concerned with everyone's safety. THe man's brittle and edgy, and i wouldn't like to strain him more. It could be even more complicated to handle, and right now we're in no position to do it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:07 am

"My mentor was trained at Cerberus, it is after all also a collage Chantry, his name was August James Wellington, it might be wise to mention his name and that his apprentice are asking for this favor on behalf of Miss Molly here."
"You could mention that I add my voice to the petition, and to reference Lady Arden's opinion of me; she'd not have made it out of Boston if we had not sorted out the complication at Logan. She should remember me by my real name from my card, or by the alias John Steed, which I used while in earshot of, well, Technocrats."

"I shall do so, then," he said, adding to what he was writing. "Mrs Molly Aydoğan, apprenticed to Loretta DeMeera of Morningstar and now member of the Cult of Ecstasy...which Chantry?" He looked at her to make sure he had it correct. It seemed important to him.

"Apprentice member and not yet fully initiated but yes she is Sir." Molly said and glanced at Adley.

As much as he hated asking these things to a terrified girl fresh out of medical torture who had no real idea that she'd been Fallen until a little while ago, he felt that she should have some say in what happened to her and so he wanted to hear her. And to do that, he had to listen and to do that, he would need to ask something.  Learning about the cauls, why they didn't always seem work the way they're supposed to the first go for a few, might have taught him, or seeing himself die and let his friend have his soul destroyed might have shown a glimpse of the right path. But the poor girl was terrified and he felt for her. "I'm going to ask some strange seeming questions, Molly...I want you to answer it truthfully as you can, however it feels, deep inside to you and your avatar. It's one for me also; I need your help to find the right answer. What is happening right now can have a large impact but it requires sacrifice, probably from all of us in measures at various times and some bigger than others, or, more immediate or long-lasting.

"But we must find or make a path. Forcing a sacrifice to me does not seem right... You have to do something like that with your eyes open, as much as you can, at least. That is the greater power of it, at least to me. Perhaps that is like you accepting the nature of your avatar. I have been taught to give my life for the greater good of others if  I must, to protect them and also fight. But what is happening here is worth even more than a life, or several lives, though I think it has taken many of those to get us here together. So my questions are thus: if you had to give up everything to save others, perhaps at great personal risk and risk to others you loved, would you do so? And in your travels within, did you ever glimpse that you had already done so to get where you are now?"

Christ but it was like playing five games of chess -at one time- blindfolded, having come to half of them with the battle partway done and some of the boards turned about and you were not the only one playing the board, but perhaps there are four or more players at each station some foes, some friends, some neither. Feeling out the pieces but they were people with lives and loves and battles, some you knew or know now and some you don't...only to pick them up to examine them, feel their hearts beating and their tears flowing. When they were moved by invisible hands in the darkness, or his own grasping for the right way, or on their own, the screams...no, it was not like chess at all. Chess had rules you agreed upon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 am

Tane:

Friday:

Oh, no, i don't spect the spirit to stop them, only to hammer the idea of peace until we kick bad people's ass.

"Well let us hope that plan works."
Henrietta said and smiles.
"You do have some interesting friends Mr Karyak."

It's a drug that makes you stronger, let's you heal and some other things, but it's terribly adictive and kills your avatar.

"That do not sound like a good trade of."
Lily muttered, she shuddered at the thought of poisoning her beautiful black dog.

Still, that is politics. Walk as you can or don't, that's better than taking another one's path. THose who walk another's path find another's destiny, in the end.

"Very true, very true."
Henrietta agreed.
"One have to find one's own path."

Saturday:

I'm just concerned with everyone's safety. THe man's brittle and edgy, and i wouldn't like to strain him more. It could be even more complicated to handle, and right now we're in no position to do it.

"Off course, before we actually are in a position to do this thing, if it is even possible, we do not need to tell him, I am only saying that before we can even try, I need to examine Miss Florentine and for that I will need his consent."
Cita said and nodded.
"Poor man, I can not imagine how he is feeling."

Adley:

"I shall do so, then," he said, adding to what he was writing. "Mrs Molly Aydoğan, apprenticed to Loretta DeMeera of Morningstar and now member of the Cult of Ecstasy...which Chantry?" He looked at her to make sure he had it correct. It seemed important to him.

"I live at Chantry Umbra Gladii in Gary Sir."
Molly added in a soft, nervous voice.

"I'm going to ask some strange seeming questions, Molly...I want you to answer it truthfully as you can, however it feels, deep inside to you and your avatar. It's one for me also; I need your help to find the right answer. What is happening right now can have a large impact but it requires sacrifice, probably from all of us in measures at various times and some bigger than others, or, more immediate or long-lasting.

The young Cultist looked a bit puzzled but she nodded.
"I...them will try to answer as best I can Sir."
She said though she sounded rather nervous and she shook slightly as if under a great weight, after all that time in captivity she had not been in the best condition to take hearing such shocking news and that strain was getting to her.

"But we must find or make a path. Forcing a sacrifice to me does not seem right... You have to do something like that with your eyes open, as much as you can, at least. That is the greater power of it, at least to me. Perhaps that is like you accepting the nature of your avatar. I have been taught to give my life for the greater good of others if I must, to protect them and also fight. But what is happening here is worth even more than a life, or several lives, though I think it has taken many of those to get us here together. So my questions are thus: if you had to give up everything to save others, perhaps at great personal risk and risk to others you loved, would you do so? And in your travels within, did you ever glimpse that you had already done so to get where you are now?"

"If I had to die to protect those I love I would do so, and I am a soldier in this damned war our kind love to fight and I would put my life on the line in it for the sake of my Chantry and I have done so several times."
Molly said proudly then she sigh.
"I do not have many memories of my former lives if that is what you are asking but I did...remember one thing once after a Seeking...well remember or saw...I do not know, a young Chorister...a man, with a terribly ill mentor, a mentor that could not be saved, none in the Traditions knew how to help him, but there was someone else that could offer a cure, but at a terrible price...but that is all I remember, I am sorry."
The young woman looked saddened at the memory.
"No there is one thing more...the young man made the trade and the mentor was healed...but he was enraged that his apprentice had done such a thing and he struck his student down...I...it is like memories that I can nearly grasp but they are fleeting like dreams."
She said before she sand down in her chair, her mental shock and exhaustion showing as physical tiredness.
"I mean after Mr Wainwright told me what I am I can imagine what happened to that young man, but that is more logical reasoning it out, not memory."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next