Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 16 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:08 am

Friday:

True, darling. But i'm also not happy with this. I'd like to chnge this. I'm really interested in looking how to change this... but i'm no politician and just a little soldier. Tane said, sadly.

Saturday:

We talk to spirits and can work reality. THat's a mage. Did you see the people in the boat?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 16 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:46 am

Colin nodded, "It's quite fascinating to watch, though. Also, I would say the blade still serves a purpose; it is far quieter than the gun or - in most cases - the spell. But, that's not the sort of work for which I am trained."
He sighed and smiled faintly, "True, we should not hold on to an old war... but that's not so easy to say to someone who remembers it, is it? At least he is slowly coming around to acknowledge that not all Flambeau are murderous scum... One little concession at a time, Sir, and we might at least find some inter-tradition peace at last."
He grimaced, "Suffice to say I trust Master Nassa with my life, if necessary. He gave me fair warning about the Gardeners; I'm sure I'll be happier not knowing than I would be running the risk of being put up as their breeding stock, on the off chance the family legend holds true."

He gave Freddy a grin and drew a finger across one of his scars, "Words of comfort, luv."
He nodded to Jerome, "I know; I was a military man in my Sleeper years; I hold couriers in the highest esteem. Your House has a stellar reputation.."
He sighed, "Rushing in before we can coordinate a small task force is not only a bad idea, it is potentially suicidal and likely to warn the enemy. And it will not help any captives they might have; now, before anyone heads out, what can you tell us about the building's layout? Entrances, large rooms where they might hold the residents captive, the location of the portal... The tactical information we'll need to minimize casualties. Nobody has called you helpless, but would you not prefer to have, oh, a half-dozen Magi with combat experience along for the ride than go it alone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:55 am

Adley:

"I shall certainly do so, if I have the opportunity," he agreed. He hoped that his mentor was doing well enough despite what was going on, and Hank as well.

"Thank you, that is most kind of you."
Jerome said and added a polite bow of his head before you left.

"There is nothing to apologise for," he assured her. "I would like to see them yes," he began. "I have a question, related to that...I know you said that the labyrinth was raided. Was it destroyed, was the caul, do you happen to know?"

"Yes...the Labyrinth was destroyed though many of it's members managed to escape capture."
Madeline said, her eyes got a faraway look to them and she glanced at the picture of Dylan and Claire.
"The Caul was destroyed yes and good riddance, our Senior Enforcer Master Min destroyed it's spiritual components and a strike force from your own House burned it and the rest of that foul place to a crisp...yes the Labyrinth was completely eradicated...I only wish we had gotten there sooner, perhaps if we had found the place we could have been able to...save both my apprentice and Claire..."
The old Etherite said sadly.
"Why where you asking Mr Roth Hicks?"
She inquired as she composed herself back into her cold, stern demeanor.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It's quite fascinating to watch, though. Also, I would say the blade still serves a purpose; it is far quieter than the gun or - in most cases - the spell. But, that's not the sort of work for which I am trained."

"It do have advantages true, though the biggest advantage is that there are no moving parts so it is less likely to fail and it is far harder to curse with malfunction. Any weapon have it's place Mr Wainwright, but no quiet is not what I am trained in, though that to have it's uses."

He sighed and smiled faintly, "True, we should not hold on to an old war... but that's not so easy to say to someone who remembers it, is it? At least he is slowly coming around to acknowledge that not all Flambeau are murderous scum... One little concession at a time, Sir, and we might at least find some inter-tradition peace at last."

"Remembers it? A past life then I take it, though Verbena have a nasty habit of living long lives, I guess you have to expect that of the Tradition that are the Masters of Life, few are quite that old. In either case yes, at some point we have to let old conflicts die. I can not sit here and say whatever or not the Schism War was just, there where reasons for it, but for the most part the Diedne was used as a sacrificial lamb to hold the Order together, however right or wrong that war is long over it is time to let it rest."

He grimaced, "Suffice to say I trust Master Nassa with my life, if necessary. He gave me fair warning about the Gardeners; I'm sure I'll be happier not knowing than I would be running the risk of being put up as their breeding stock, on the off chance the family legend holds true."

"They might do that yes, use you as breeding stock if you are of a desirable bloodline though that would be highly illegal since you are a member of the Traditions."
Joakim said without a hint of embarrassment.
"But yes I would recommend you get someone to contact the Gardeners on your behalf rather than contacting them yourself, just to be on the safe side."

He gave Freddy a grin and drew a finger across one of his scars, "Words of comfort, luv."

Freddy gave Colin a big, warm smile.
"And true words as well love."
She muttered to him.

He nodded to Jerome, "I know; I was a military man in my Sleeper years; I hold couriers in the highest esteem. Your House has a stellar reputation.."

"You honor my House with your kind praise Mr Wainwright."
Jerome said and smiles.
"But yes we do try to be useful, and we are needed."
He said proudly.

He sighed, "Rushing in before we can coordinate a small task force is not only a bad idea, it is potentially suicidal and likely to warn the enemy. And it will not help any captives they might have

Jerome sigh and finally he stopped heading for the door but he paced the room uneasy.
"I know Mr Wainwright I know...I just...worry for them, these men and women are my friends."
He said and he sounded worried and frustrated.

now, before anyone heads out, what can you tell us about the building's layout? Entrances, large rooms where they might hold the residents captive, the location of the portal... The tactical information we'll need to minimize casualties.

The agitated Mercere drew a deep breath and settled down.
"There are two floors, a basement and an attic."
He begun.
"Two entrances, one in the front through what was the main part of the post office, one in the back to what was once the storage rooms, this entrance is a pull down gate by a old loading ramp. The first floor have been made into a kitchen, common room and five bedrooms, there are an additional three bedrooms in the attic as well as a storage room, an office for our Deacon and a small den we use to relax in. In the basement we have a vault for the packages that are not yet sent out and our talismans, the vault itself is magick and it require a drop of blood from one of the six members of the Chantry and their intent and will to open, it is also down in the basement we have the portal room, it is a large chamber with a big marble slab inscribed with runes with controls, instruments and large metal wheels used to change the settings on the surrounding walls. We also have a meditation room, a small room for food storage and a wash room down in the basement. Other than that there is a small garden on one side of the building with a tool shed and an enclosure where one of our members keep a few chickens as pets. What else...let me see...well there are six members of the Chantry, one is Gifted, four are sleepers, well true believers who have joined for various reasons and one walk the Founder's Path, all have talismans, and most have at least one offensive wonder on them though off course most of our artifacts are there to help us with our job."
He said then he drew a deep breath again, talking, giving these details that might help at least made him feel that he was doing...something, though he was still quite agitated.

Nobody has called you helpless, but would you not prefer to have, oh, a half-dozen Magi with combat experience along for the ride than go it alone?"

"Yes...Yes I would, but I would also like to get there quickly."
Jerome muttered.
"If the Nephandi are trying to take the Post Office then...who knows what they can be doing to my friends right now."
He said, sounding scared for the well being of the other Redcaps.

Tane:

Friday:

Henrietta sigh and shook her head.
"Just being a warrior will change little, if change is what you want, you will first need to know the system you are trying to alter, and then try to change it from within, anything else will be fruitless."
She advised.

Saturday:

"Mages are humans who can see spirits? Good...spirits are good I like spirits."
Paulina said as she continued to show pieces of fried fish into her mouth slowly.
"There where two humans in the boat, they had arms and legs and pink skin and hair, they did not look tasty, my kind never eat humans...there are far to little fat on them...it is not worth the effort."
She said and Coawa nodded to that as if he completely agreed.
"One of the humans...had silver...it hurt...I tried to swim after them...but was not...fast enough."
She explained.

Richard:

(OOC: The group went into the Umbra to discuss what to do with Molly, Adjan decided to take her through the Umbra to her Chantry but later they learned that Senex's widderslainte apprentice took her to get her to safety, wounding Adjan in the process though the nearby Chantry gave him aid and he is now on his way back to Morningstar. The group went back to Morningstar and gave their rapport. Colin and Adley got some sleep in a time bubble then had some food, they decided to discuss some of the information they had gotten with Chief Joakim and Deaconess Rose. Richard is likely in the sitting room with Francesca and Liv right now as Francesca watches over the sleeping child.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:43 am

Adley looked thoughtful and then nodded a bit. "I do apologize, bringing up painful memories. I am trying to find Abigail...I was wondering if she had set up a new labyrinth or had spared part of her old one when she fled. Do you happen to know who Claire's mentor was? Master Min..." Adley frowned. "Enforcer, skilled in Spirit...still lives? On Horizon?" Adley inquired. It could be a wild hair, but he was trying to recall if he heard the name of the still-missing Spirit Master. Then it came to him, Temaris, Adept. "Hm...ah, no it does not appear to be connected, as far as I can see now," he said, more to himself. He didn't rule out that that something else might find its way in though. "I do not wish to keep you, but if you think of anything regarding Abigail then let me know. No doubt your security chief will be speaking to you soon, there is something that needs attending to," he said sounding apologetic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:22 am

Colin pondered Jerome's information, "They'll have had limited time... Probably slapped a couple of relatively simple wards on the back door, and keep the front door guarded."
He frowned, "Mr. Joakim, how quickly can you have the pommel stone tested? If the Fallen brought along a pet..."
He pondered, "I would hazard they're keeping the captives in the common room; easier to herd them in there, I think - either that or the den upstairs. If it's any comfort, I would guess they're all alive, unless they fought back and were killed in the attack; the Fallen are cruel, but not stupid - a live hostage is useful, as extortion material if nothing else."
He took a slow breath, "Not to seem insensitive, but... you listed six chantry members. Does that include you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:50 am

Adley:

Adley looked thoughtful and then nodded a bit. "I do apologize, bringing up painful memories. I am trying to find Abigail...I was wondering if she had set up a new labyrinth or had spared part of her old one when she fled.

"There is no need to apologize Mr Roth Hicks and your question is valid. I do believe that dreadful woman must have started up somewhere else for there is nothing left of the old Labyrinth, we burned it down and filled what was left with concrete."
The Deaconess said though there was still a hint of sadness in her voice.

Do you happen to know who Claire's mentor was?

"Yes his name is Alfred Silvervale, there is a long time since I spoke with him though, and I do not know if he is still living, the last time I spoke with Mr Silvervale he was moving to a research Chantry in the Umbra near one of spiritual representations of the third moon of Jupiter."

Master Min..." Adley frowned. "Enforcer, skilled in Spirit...still lives? On Horizon?"

"Yes he is quite skilled in Spirit and the other more esoteric Spheres and he is very much alive, he do not live on Horizon though he is the Senior Enforcer of this Tribunal, he have the office next to me."

It could be a wild hair, but he was trying to recall if he heard the name of the still-missing Spirit Master. Then it came to him, Temaris, Adept. "Hm...ah, no it does not appear to be connected, as far as I can see now," he said, more to himself.

"Hum...? Where you considering whatever or not you know Master Min Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Etherite asked and raised and eyebrow in confusion.

"I do not wish to keep you, but if you think of anything regarding Abigail then let me know. No doubt your security chief will be speaking to you soon, there is something that needs attending to," he said sounding apologetic.

"Not much...there where a third prisoner when we raided that den of filth, a vampire, what became of it though I do not know, disgusting creatures those, completely lacking in propriety, other than that I have little information about the woman."
Madeline said.
"More trouble? It seam to certainly be one of those days, well I will not keep you, thank you for your visit."
The old technomancer said, dismissing you.

Colin:

Colin pondered Jerome's information, "They'll have had limited time... Probably slapped a couple of relatively simple wards on the back door, and keep the front door guarded."

"That do sound like a logical assessment Mr Wainwright."
Jerome said and nodded.

He frowned, "Mr. Joakim, how quickly can you have the pommel stone tested? If the Fallen brought along a pet..."

"That will take some time, Verditi are not the fastest workers, it hardly works like it do in computer games where you can just go and have an item appraised...yes imagine that the old hedge wizard knows about electronic games."
He muttered with a bit of a grin.
"It will take a few days at least."

He pondered, "I would hazard they're keeping the captives in the common room; easier to herd them in there, I think - either that or the den upstairs. If it's any comfort, I would guess they're all alive, unless they fought back and were killed in the attack; the Fallen are cruel, but not stupid - a live hostage is useful, as extortion material if nothing else."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright, I hope they are not harmed, there are good men and women at that Chantry, they do not deserve to die, I doubt they would give up the Post Office without a fight though, as we are taught as apprentices, if push comes to show and there are no other option, destroying a letter is better than letting it wall into enemy hands, no one at that Chantry would let the Nephandi have that storage room without trying to defend it or destroy it."
Jerome said he sounded proud of his friends but scared for them as well.

He took a slow breath, "Not to seem insensitive, but... you listed six chantry members. Does that include you?"

"No Morningstar is my home, but off course there being an Ancestral Chantry for my House nearby I do spend allot of time there. If however you where asking ever so gently if I am the member of the Post Office that are walking the Founder's path, no I am not, nor have I met a fate quite so cruel."
He said then he hesitated for a moment before continuing.
"It is true I have lost my ability to work magick, and that is a hard blow I shall not lie but my problem is psychological not spiritual, my Avatar is alive, well and quite frustrated with me, so no I am more lucky than that."
Jerome said and added a bit of a smile.
"The man I mentioned are named Wolfgang Essert, he is the Deacon Primus of the Post Office, and he is able to lead the, wall admittedly small Chantry, quite well and organize what is in essence a way station for members of our House from all over America quite well even in his condition, you will find no one stronger or more dedicated, he is a good friend of mine. The other members are Josephine Lark, Dan Van Maaz, James Nickel, Will Kaverstein and Lydia Lemar who is our one Gifted member, she is a Cabbalist of some power, a direct descendant in her initiatory line from the Founder himself. As for why they are with the Mercere, well is is really their business and not anyone else but it might be relevant so under the circumstances, James was forced to work for the Union and was rescued, Josephine and Will where Hermetic apprentices but never managed to get past the first degree, that is minor hedge wizardry, and they joined us instead of returning to a mundane life, Dan who are Wolfgang's apprentice saw his whole family killed by the Technocracy and wanted to make a contribution to the war against them even if he himself is a sleeper, so he became a Redcap. Lydia off course is just like any other mage."
The Mercere explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:00 am

"Yes his name is Alfred Silvervale, there is a long time since I spoke with him though, and I do not know if he is still living, the last time I spoke with Mr Silvervale he was moving to a research Chantry in the Umbra near one of spiritual representations of the third moon of Jupiter."

"I see, thank you," he replied.

"Yes he is quite skilled in Spirit and the other more esoteric Spheres and he is very much alive, he do not live on Horizon though he is the Senior Enforcer of this Tribunal, he have the office next to me..."Hum...? Where you considering whatever or not you know Master Min Mr Roth Hicks?" The Etherite asked and raised and eyebrow in confusion.

"Seeing if had heard of him," he said, sounding affirmative.

"Not much...there where a third prisoner when we raided that den of filth, a vampire, what became of it though I do not know, disgusting creatures those, completely lacking in propriety, other than that I have little information about the woman." Madeline said.

"A vampire? In the labyrinth as aprisoner? That is most...odd. Do you know what became of them or who they were? And yes, I should like to look at those documents soon. And after all this, speak with you, if you should like to."

"More trouble? It seam to certainly be one of those days, well I will not keep you, thank you for your visit." The old technomancer said, dismissing you.

"Thank you, Deaconess," he said and gave her a bow of his head. He headed over towards the Security Chief's office next, tapping on the door to be admitted.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:06 am

Colin grinned to Joakim, "I usually prefer flight simulators of various types, myself... Got a decent machine for them, too. I think Freddy here might be more familiar to the type of game to which you refer."
He frowned, "A couple of days... Well, it seems extremely unlikely anyone would have moved miss Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn, in any case."
He nodded to Jerome, "I hope I am correct, too - but from what I have gleaned, the Nephandi are actually seldom interested in outright killing people... They'll keep a hostage for as long as it is useful, and try to cajole people into their Cauls, or into doing other small favours for them to ensure the hostages' safety... I apologize for my bluntness, but if they meant to kill anyone, they will have done so long since."
He pondered for a moment, "That does seem to cover the residents... Hm, psychological block... I suppose those can be far nastier in the long term. Gift that keeps on giving sort of thing..."
He shook his head, "But that's not my business... Right, so one Mage and five... others, presumably alive and taken hostage, likely stuffed under guard in the common room or den, except whoever the Fallen are trying to convince to open the vault... Unless one of the six has been personally compromised..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:33 am

"I see, thank you," he replied.

"The Mercere might know more about where this research Chantry is and might be able to get a message there if you desire to contact him, but I do not know what became of him."

"Seeing if had heard of him," he said, sounding affirmative.

"Ah I see."
The Deaconess said and nodded.

"A vampire? In the labyrinth as aprisoner? That is most...odd. Do you know what became of them or who they were?

"Yes as a prisoner...I do not know much about who the vampire where, but their fate was...not one of our finer moments. Another member of my Tradition wanted the creature for research and he got her, I believe he kept the vampire and more or less tortured it since then, and while I do not like these beings that was not the right thing to do, but at the time so much was happening that a to hasty decision was made as to what to do with this other prisoner. I believe my colleague's apprentice Monica Laceworth kept the creature after her Mentor's death a few years ago, as it was far to traumatized just to let go...I could give you her number if you wish."
The old Etherite said sounding shameful of what had happened to that other prisoner, killing the creature since they did not knew who she was and why she was there would have been acceptable, slowly torturing it was another matter entirely, even if it was done in the name of research.

And yes, I should like to look at those documents soon. And after all this, speak with you, if you should like to."

"Yes...I would like that Mr Roth Hicks...I would like to know that my apprentice's reincarnation is happy, that he...you are well, when this is all said and done let us sit down and talk."
The old mage said and offered a rare smile before she looked at the black and white picture of Dylan again.
"He was a good man..."
She muttered.

"Thank you, Deaconess," he said and gave her a bow of his head. He headed over towards the Security Chief's office next, tapping on the door to be admitted.

Joakim esxused himself from the ongoing discussion and went to open the door to let you in, he gave you a nod of his head in greeting. With Colin, himself, Freddy, the Mercere and you in his tiny office it was getting rather crowded.

Colin grinned to Joakim, "I usually prefer flight simulators of various types, myself... Got a decent machine for them, too. I think Freddy here might be more familiar to the type of game to which you refer."

Freddy smiles and nodded at that.
"I am I just did not expect someone they say are...well I guess it would be rude to speak about your age Sir..."
She said and smiles a little. Joakim nods.
"My apprentice likes those games."
He said as an explanation.
"And besides Miss Adlebloom I am old I am not dead, I can enjoy new things."

He frowned, "A couple of days... Well, it seems extremely unlikely anyone would have moved miss Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn, in any case."

"Well the particular adorable hell spawn in the Plaza building was eventually banished...or it got bored and left, my strike team is not completely sure which but the first option sounds far more comforting to me."
The old hedge wizard said and smiled.

He nodded to Jerome, "I hope I am correct, too - but from what I have gleaned, the Nephandi are actually seldom interested in outright killing people... They'll keep a hostage for as long as it is useful, and try to cajole people into their Cauls, or into doing other small favours for them to ensure the hostages' safety... I apologize for my bluntness, but if they meant to kill anyone, they will have done so long since."

"Yes I know they are...gruesome that is why we need to defeat them, but at least hostages can be rescued, dead men are hard to save."
The Mercere said and nodded.
"There is no need to apologize Mr Wainwright, you are speaking the truth and it do give me hope my friends might be alive and relatively unharmed."

He pondered for a moment, "That does seem to cover the residents... Hm, psychological block... I suppose those can be far nastier in the long term. Gift that keeps on giving sort of thing..."

"Nastier than loosing one's spiritual plumbing so to say? No I mean I miss magick it was a huge part of who I am...who I where, I miss it allot, however first of all I do not get the suicidal depressions and sense of well of loss that those that are lacking a part of themselves have, and for me, well for me there is always hope that one day I will get my head sorted out, and one day, when I die my Avatar will move on and find a new host to bother and he or she will get to use magick, so for me it is hope, not so much for our unfortunate ones."
The Redcap said with a little sad smile.
"And really this...mental bullshit I have...it is deserved. The psychological block will first dissolve when I forgive myself, that is what everyone including my very frustrated Avatar say, but I doubt that will ever happen. Being and Adept of Forces and going into a deep Quiet can make you do things no one can forgive...least of all yourself."
He muttered in a whisper then it was clear he found where the topic was going uncomfortable so he simply muttered.
"But anyway we should focus on finding out if the Fallen have taken the Post Office and if they do then kick their corrupted asses all the way back to the hole they crawled out from!"

He shook his head, "But that's not my business... Right, so one Mage and five... others, presumably alive and taken hostage, likely stuffed under guard in the common room or den, except whoever the Fallen are trying to convince to open the vault... Unless one of the six has been personally compromised..."

"I doubt any of them are, but one can never know for certain."
Jerome said and sigh.
"And the term would be Larta magi, that is non Gifted individuals who are either members of Mercere. Sometimes House Jerbiton take in exceptional Sleepers as members and give them the title also, though that is rare, but yes that is the polite term to use about our ungifted members."
The Mercere explained.

"I would be careful with making any assumption on what we will find at the Post Office."
Joakim simply said, he did not get involved with the rest of the conversation.
"We will have to see once a team gets there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 am

Colin nodded, "Guilt and mental trauma can be... a lot more insidious, is what I meant to say. Nastier in the long term, perhaps... In any case, I hope you can manage to work through it, somehow."
He sighed, "Yes, let us avoid too much guesswork before we can see the place. Now, a more prudent question would be how large the team will be, and who will be on it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 am

Colin nodded, "Guilt and mental trauma can be... a lot more insidious, is what I meant to say. Nastier in the long term, perhaps... In any case, I hope you can manage to work through it, somehow."

"Nasty yes...but not nastier than missing a part of your soul...I have seen those who are like our Founder, it is not a fate I would wish on anyone."
The Mercere said and sigh.
"Thank you though, I hope so to, maybe one day."
He added softly.
"Well let us focus on the matter at hand."

He sighed, "Yes, let us avoid too much guesswork before we can see the place. Now, a more prudent question would be how large the team will be, and who will be on it?"

"Hum...I am sending Jack Devereux such things are his job, then you said your group would volunteer Mr Wainwright or parts of it. I am also sending another member of my House Hayden Fisher and his apprentice Magda Bloom, that should be enough for now, I do not want to draw to much attention. I will have another group ready to leave shortly after the main group as back up through, some of our Sentinels perhaps..."
Joakim said.
"If you encounter something you can not handle then withdraw and we will have to regroup and come up with another plan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 am

Colin nodded, looking up at Adley as he arrived, "Sounds good... Ah, Adley, I may have taken the liberty of volunteering some of us to help with checking the post office..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:06 am

Richard checks on his medical supply case... "Hmm...."

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Colin:

"Agreed, if we go in with an already formed opinion we might end up missing something important due to preconceptions about what we are going to find."
Jerome said and gave a worried frown, he gave Adley a polite nod as the other Hermetic entered the room. Freddy to gave Adley a big smile of greeting as he came into the crowded office.

Richard:

Your kit is mostly complete, you need more antiseptics you see as you are running low, and Adley used most of the line that would be used to tie of a vein in case of a very deep cut when he restrained the Nephandi prisoner, other than that you seam to be pretty well stocked.
"Do you need anything for your kit Dr Lee?"
Francesca asked.
"Perhaps someone around here can point the way to a pharmacy where you can get what you might be missing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Richard muses.." i need a couple of things....... nothing urgent at the moment...... However How are you Francesca? "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:58 pm

"We will have to drop by a pharmacy when time permits then Dr Lee."
Francesca said then she gave a warm smile.
"I am fine well...I am physically fine, though I am still wondering if that brush with death I had yesterday was to close, that perhaps it is time for me to move on in the Cycle, I will have to meditate on that when things calms down. Master Nassa is one hell of a healer, there is nothing but a bit of pink soreness where a bullet tore through my guts, so yes for now I am fine."
The Euthanatos said.
"And you Dr Lee, how are you holding up? This have been a difficult week for your Cabal."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:07 pm

"The Mercere might know more about where this research Chantry is and might be able to get a message there if you desire to contact him, but I do not know what became of him."

"Thank you, I'm not sure if that's necessary or not but I will keep that in mind."

"Yes as a prisoner...I do not know much about who the vampire where, but their fate was...not one of our finer moments....I could give you her number if you wish." The old Etherite said sounding shameful of what had happened to that other prisoner....

"Hm..." That was extremely unfortunate. "The vampire is being kept in the city?" Experiments on vampires made him think a bit too much of the Tremere for his liking. He certainly didn't agree with what had happened to her, it seemed cruel to keep her there. Who knows how long it could survive in that state. "I might ask for that number, at some point."

"Yes...I would like that Mr Roth Hicks...I would like to know that my apprentice's reincarnation is happy, that he...you are well, when this is all said and done let us sit down and talk." The old mage said and offered a rare smile before she looked at the black and white picture of Dylan again. "He was a good man..."

Happy....?? (where is the pain?)...??? "This week has not been especially joyful in many respects but I am glad to have come to understand some of what has come before. Until then," he said, giving her a small smile back.

Joakim esxused himself from the ongoing discussion and went to open the door to let you in, he gave you a nod of his head in greeting. With Colin, himself, Freddy, the Mercere and you in his tiny office it was getting rather crowded...

He gave a nod to everyone and then found a spot to stand, listening and trying to get caught up on what he'd missed. It was like coming into his own pater's office, overfull and a buzzing beehive of shit going down already. That the spirit had not been found was troubling but he hoped it had merely lost the ability to stay manifested and had moved off but one never knew.

"Pardon my cutting in, but if that thing is still around, or more like it, they could make very effective sniffers for nodes. I have heard there was a rather large untapped one that was in dispute. I had thought to reach out to both of your chantries to request that the disputed tass be used in the war effort if it is not left in-situ it is no longer a target that needs to be protected, with agreement of course. But it would bear warning in any case."

The back and forth over the state of the Mercere's avatar was an unfortunate thing to hear. He could understand, guilt and self-forgiveness came hard, when one wielded Forces many things could go wrong, accidentally. Add a quietus to it...he frowned in sympathy.

He muttered in a whisper then it was clear he found where the topic was going uncomfortable so he simply muttered."But anyway we should focus on finding out if the Fallen have taken the Post Office and if they do then kick their corrupted asses all the way back to the hole they crawled out from!"

"Yes, we need to find out what has transpired."

Colin nodded, looking up at Adley as he arrived, "Sounds good... Ah, Adley, I may have taken the liberty of volunteering some of us to help with checking the post office..."

"Forgive me for arriving a little late," he said, with a small smile at Colin. "As it is one of our priorities and we do not yet have a solid lead on the other, that is only reasonable. Though it will be a rather large party if we all go, and we should consider transport, as the blue truck and the KIA have become known to hostile parties."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:50 pm

"Thank you, I'm not sure if that's necessary or not but I will keep that in mind."

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
Madeline said and nodded.

"Hm..." That was extremely unfortunate. "The vampire is being kept in the city?"

"Yes she is, she is being kept at Lavender, another large Chantry in Chicago, it have caused a bit of a stir though and among others Miss Knox have been lobbying to get her freed but so far the creature have remained in captivity."

"I might ask for that number, at some point."

"I will instruct my assistant to have it available if you should need it Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Sons of Ether said and nodded.

Happy....?? (where is the pain?)...??? "This week has not been especially joyful in many respects but I am glad to have come to understand some of what has come before. Until then," he said, giving her a small smile back.

"I certainly understand and I meant no offense, I was more thinking generally and not this particular week which I understand have been quite stressful."
Madeline said then she inclined her head towards the Hermetic.
"Until then Mr Roth Hicks."

"Pardon my cutting in, but if that thing is still around, or more like it, they could make very effective sniffers for nodes. I have heard there was a rather large untapped one that was in dispute. I had thought to reach out to both of your chantries to request that the disputed tass be used in the war effort if it is not left in-situ it is no longer a target that needs to be protected, with agreement of course. But it would bear warning in any case."

"Ah yes the Node we and Lavender have been bickering over for years. I agree with the spirit or as the prisoner call them, her children should get wind of that Node it will be problems...your suggestion is not a bad one Mr Roth Hicks, I will bring it before Morningstar's Deacon Council and see what they say."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Better the Tass be used than it just sitting there being possibly found by the Nephandi or their creations."

"Yes, we need to find out what has transpired."

"Yes and as soon as possible."
Jesrome said, he gave Adley a bit of a smile though he seamed very worried for his friends.
"Ok Chief you mentioned sending Mr Fisher and his apprentice, what if you finish discussing the tactical details and I go and find them, I could need to move and do something anyway."
He offered and Joakim nodded.
"Very well, find them and come back as soon as possible."
He instructed and the Mercere nodded.
"If you will all excuse me..."
He said as he went for the door of the small office.

"Forgive me for arriving a little late," he said, with a small smile at Colin. "As it is one of our priorities and we do not yet have a solid lead on the other, that is only reasonable. Though it will be a rather large party if we all go, and we should consider transport, as the blue truck and the KIA have become known to hostile parties."

"I have a car it should suffice, and Mr Devereux is driving here the way I understood it."
Jerome said from where he had opened the door and was on his way out of the room. Joakim nodded.
"Well that should solve the transportation issue."
He commented as the Mercere left and closed the door again.
"I doubt if all of us should go, but I might be useful this artifact the Redcaps have sounds like it is partly technomagick, I might be able to figure it out if need be."
Freddy said.
"But someone need to stay behind and watch over Liv at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"We will have to drop by a pharmacy when time permits then Dr Lee."
Francesca said then she gave a warm smile.
"I am fine well...I am physically fine, though I am still wondering if that brush with death I had yesterday was to close, that perhaps it is time for me to move on in the Cycle, I will have to meditate on that when things calms down. Master Nassa is one hell of a healer, there is nothing but a bit of pink soreness where a bullet tore through my guts, so yes for now I am fine."
The Euthanatos said.
"And you Dr Lee, how are you holding up? This have been a difficult week for your Cabal."

"I am merely passing through i am at a loose and untethered line at the moment, so much to absorb " says Richard

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 pm

"Well we appreciate your help in either case Dr Lee and I certainly understand that this crazy situation with the Nephandi and who know what else can be a tad much for anyone to deal with."
Francesca said with a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 pm

"Yes she is, she is being kept at Lavender, another large Chantry in Chicago, it have caused a bit of a stir though and among others Miss Knox have been lobbying to get her freed but so far the creature have remained in captivity."

He frowned. "I see. I don't suppose you know what faction of vampire they are, as I understand it they have different groups as we do, such as the Tremere." His frown went down a notch. "And if they know about her being there...well, I cannot see how that would not cause a problem, if not just for Lavender, but in general. Do you know the vampire's name?"

"I will instruct my assistant to have it available if you should need it Mr Roth Hicks." The old Sons of Ether said and nodded.

"Thank you."

"I certainly understand and I meant no offense, I was more thinking generally and not this particular week which I understand have been quite stressful." Madeline said then she inclined her head towards the Hermetic. "Until then Mr Roth Hicks."

"No offense taken."

"I have a car it should suffice, and Mr Devereux is driving here the way I understood it." Jerome said from where he had opened the door and was on his way out of the room. Joakim nodded. "Well that should solve the transportation issue."

"Good thank you," he said to them both.

I doubt if all of us should go, but I might be useful this artifact the Redcaps have sounds like it is partly technomagick, I might be able to figure it out if need be." Freddy said. "But someone need to stay behind and watch over Liv at least."

"Yes, someone should stay with her, certainly. Colin and I are both relatively fresh, and since he volunteered us I assume he is going," he said, looking at his cabalmate with a wry smile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:39 pm

He frowned. "I see. I don't suppose you know what faction of vampire they are, as I understand it they have different groups as we do, such as the Tremere." His frown went down a notch. "And if they know about her being there...well, I cannot see how that would not cause a problem, if not just for Lavender, but in general. Do you know the vampire's name?"

"I know very little about vampires, but this one certainly looked monstrous, I have seen Mrs Knox's husband and he look like a normal man, the same with the renegade Tremere our Chantry saved some years ago, she looks normal, but this one, she did not have a hair on her head, and her skin had a greenish hue to it, with no nose and with boils and scars covering her flesh, her eyes though...they where quite human."
Madeline sigh.
"Her name...let me think a moment, Sharon Trent I think, we asked her a few questions before my fellow Etherite made his request."
The old mage said and sounded regretful about it.
"I do not know if the other vampires know that Lavender have her, but it is a point raised by Mrs Knox a few times when she is petitioning for the creature's release, and I agree if this became known it could certainly cause problems for our society."

"Yes, someone should stay with her, certainly. Colin and I are both relatively fresh, and since he volunteered us I assume he is going," he said, looking at his cabalmate with a wry smile.

"It will probably be be either me or Fran staying here babysitting Liv, I might have better luck if we for some reason need to use that portal or operate it in some way but while I hate to admit it Fran is a better fighter than me."
Freddy said.
"Adjan might come along as well, he can be handy to have in a fight, but I guess it depends how badly he was hurt."
She said and sounded a bit worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:36 am

Colin pondered, "Wait... would it be possible to go to the post office by way of the portal here? If so, it would be indisputably risky, but we might have the element of surprise on our side."
He put his hands in his pockets, and frowned, pulling up the little bag of tass and the bottle from Jodelle's apartment, "Oh, yes, and we have these... Hm, I would expect Dr. Lee to have a few syringes available..."
He held up the bottle to the light, "Adley, Mr. Joakim, how many doses would you estimate are left in this? The tass, hideous as it is, can be used as a grenade or a for other, hm, destructive purposes, and safely so, but this serum... if we could tag a few of the Fallen with this before they realized we were there, we would have an incredible upper hand."
He smiled thinly, "Of course I'll come along."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:26 am

"Her name...let me think a moment, Sharon Trent I think, we asked her a few questions before my fellow Etherite made his request."
The old mage said and sounded regretful about it. "I do not know if the other vampires know that Lavender have her, but it is a point raised by Mrs Knox a few times when she is petitioning for the creature's release, and I agree if this became known it could certainly cause problems for our society."

His frown deepened another notch. "I see." He could only imagine though...if the vampire was released after all the shit that mages had put her through that any kin would not be well pleased with her treatment. And it reminded him of Molly...what the Nephandi had done to her. Why the hell had a vampire been in there in the first place? He shook his head.

"It will probably be be either me or Fran staying here babysitting Liv, I might have better luck if we for some reason need to use that portal or operate it in some way but while I hate to admit it Fran is a better fighter than me." Freddy said. "Adjan might come along as well, he can be handy to have in a fight, but I guess it depends how badly he was hurt." She said and sounded a bit worried.

"I'm not sure we are waiting for Adjan to return, plus as you said he's recovering."

Colin pondered, "Wait... would it be possible to go to the post office by way of the portal here? If so, it would be indisputably risky, but we might have the element of surprise on our side."

"They could already have set something up on the other side of the portal, weaponized it or turned it into a trap, perhaps co-opted it in other ways by changing the security measures, wards and bans. While I appreciate the element of surprise, I don't know how wise that action would be; we will have no idea what we're dealing with or even if it is still functional for us now or, more specifically, the Mercere."

He put his hands in his pockets, and frowned, pulling up the little bag of tass and the bottle from Jodelle's apartment, "Oh, yes, and we have these... Hm, I would expect Dr. Lee to have a few syringes available..." He held up the bottle to the light, "Adley, Mr. Joakim, how many doses would you estimate are left in this? The tass, hideous as it is, can be used as a grenade or a for other, hm, destructive purposes, and safely so, but this serum... if we could tag a few of the Fallen with this before they realized we were there, we would have an incredible upper hand.

"Colin, I am not sure that what is in there is the same mixture that I am familiar with, nor am I well-versed in that sort of...concoction's dosage other than 'one syringe full per 24 hours'. Assuming through it is the anti-magick serum and is similar strength, a vial like that should hold more than a few shots, I would guess." He spread his hands a bit, it was hardly his area of expertise.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 am

"Yes Mr Wainwright that should be quite possible, however it would also be as you say extremely dangerous, but it would indeed have the potential to create a surprise yes, you are probably right about that."
Joakim said and looked thoughtful.

He put his hands in his pockets, and frowned, pulling up the little bag of tass and the bottle from Jodelle's apartment, "Oh, yes, and we have these... Hm, I would expect Dr. Lee to have a few syringes available..."

"You are thinking about using that foul substance on the Nephandi? But the Tass it is corrupted what use for us would that have?"
The Security Chief asked.
"What is that shit?"
Freddy asked and looked at the slightly green substance in the bottle.
"It looks nasty."

He held up the bottle to the light, "Adley, Mr. Joakim, how many doses would you estimate are left in this? The tass, hideous as it is, can be used as a grenade or a for other, hm, destructive purposes, and safely so, but this serum... if we could tag a few of the Fallen with this before they realized we were there, we would have an incredible upper hand."

"I have no idea about how many doses are left Mr Wainwright, I have not used that substance myself, it looks like something I have heard the Union have. Now as for the Tass, using corrupted Quintessence as grenades...well it should be effective but quite dangerous but as a final solution if the Post Office can not be saved, yes perhaps it would be a plan."
Joakim said and frowned.

"I'm not sure we are waiting for Adjan to return, plus as you said he's recovering."

"We are if we are bringing this Jack Devereux along as Adjan is being driven back here by him but, like several have said, time off course is the issue."
Freddy commented and shrugged.

"They could already have set something up on the other side of the portal, weaponized it or turned it into a trap, perhaps co-opted it in other ways by changing the security measures, wards and bans. While I appreciate the element of surprise, I don't know how wise that action would be; we will have no idea what we're dealing with or even if it is still functional for us now or, more specifically, the Mercere."

"Yeah I mean if we are lucky, we get to give the Fallen a not so nice surprise, if we are not, well have any of you seen Stargate when they close the iris...ehm the shield thing on their portal...thud."
Freddy said and slapped one hand against the other.
"Or we would just be redirected to Malfeas or the surface of the sun or some other nasty place. So here we are talking about a risk versus reward thing, the risk is pretty big...the reward if it works out are as well, the question is are it a risk we are willing to take?"

"Colin, I am not sure that what is in there is the same mixture that I am familiar with, nor am I well-versed in that sort of...concoction's dosage other than 'one syringe full per 24 hours'. Assuming through it is the anti-magick serum and is similar strength, a vial like that should hold more than a few shots, I would guess." He spread his hands a bit, it was hardly his area of expertise.

"Hum...so that is what it is? I heard the Union had something like this but luckily they never used that on me, not that the suppressor cuffs was much better...I would say dosage is one thing, getting close to a Nephandus to set it is another though."
Freddy commented.
"Also syringes comes in various sized from tiny to oh hell no so one syringe full is not a good measurement Adley."
She added with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next