Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Adley Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 pm

"I would prefer to keep one more vampire out of the mess if we can, especially if it is her friend. Perhaps reaching out to her in a day or so would be safer. Or night." He took his phone back and stowed it away again, considering Oscar. "I'm not sure we should contact him directly but having all this information, hopefully we can make some headway. The picture said that he'd been released...let go." He sighed, blowing a huff of air out. "Yes, we'll need to sit down...after we see to the prisoner again. See if there's anything there for us now. As for the vampire issue...let's hope we don't need to go for the worst-case scenario, I've become fond of having you around and there's another fight tomorrow. If we can manage to get a lead on the ringleader, then there's an offer to help still on the table. Just have to see how. Then there's the other matter, the girl at the hospital." He shook his head slightly and scrubbed a hand down one side of his face.

As Colin spoke again of the elemental, he nodded. "I will tell her if there comes an opportunity. She is able to converse in English. I could possibly help you to hear and see her, if she allows it. But that we shall have to consider after all the current difficulties have been seen to."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:15 am

Colin nodded, "Miss Tumar's safety seemed to be a high priority for Molly... I think it might be advisable to contact her before we make any move against Nicolai, just in case. We don't know the exact relationships of power among the vampires, but I have an odd feeling Molly's Toreador has little to nothing to do with the Tremere, and that pretty much all the vampires in Chicago would prefer to stay out of the Prince's line of sight in any case... The old Chinese curse, if you're familiar with it; interesting times, everything you wish for, and the notice of powerful people..."
He grinned, "Our paths are perhaps more similar than they might seem, Adley - we make one hell of a tag team on the battlefield; I'm rather fond of being around, as well. Then the... er... girl at the hospital? Odd, I can't recall anything about that offhand. Either that's fatigue speaking, or that was something that came up while I was chatting with miss Bergen?"
He frowned, "Or at some other point entirely?"
He shook his head, "In any case, I'm in no rush to chat up a fire elemental, however conversational she is. But I'll extend her the of... oh, dear," he facepalmed lightly, "I do hope she didn't take offense when I stood outside the bathroom door with the fire extinguisher, did she?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 am

Colin nodded, "Miss Tumar's safety seemed to be a high priority for Molly... I think it might be advisable to contact her before we make any move against Nicolai, just in case. We don't know the exact relationships of power among the vampires, but I have an odd feeling Molly's Toreador has little to nothing to do with the Tremere, and that pretty much all the vampires in Chicago would prefer to stay out of the Prince's line of sight in any case... The old Chinese curse, if you're familiar with it; interesting times, everything you wish for, and the notice of powerful people...

He sighed. "How bout we figure out what that is, then see how wise it is to let someone else know about it, even in vague terms. Especially if Molly was concerned for her friend's safety." Then he looked wry, ticking off on his fingers as Colin spoke. 'Check, check and check. More or less," he said with a shake of his head.

He grinned, "Our paths are perhaps more similar than they might seem, Adley - we make one hell of a tag team on the battlefield; I'm rather fond of being around, as well. Then the... er... girl at the hospital? Odd, I can't recall anything about that offhand. Either that's fatigue speaking, or that was something that came up while I was chatting with miss Bergen?" He frowned, "Or at some other point entirely?"

"You think so? Good," he said, as he said they made a good team. "Oh, suddenly realised why you thought I wanted to go elsewhere than the chantry, I need to burn something, pocket full of notes. Takes a moment but I want to do it before returning. The girl in the hospital?" he asked, wondering if he had been out of the room. "I'm pretty sure you were there, the one in the tub mentioned her, remember?"

He shook his head, "In any case, I'm in no rush to chat up a fire elemental, however conversational she is. But I'll extend her the of... oh, dear," he facepalmed lightly, "I do hope she didn't take offense when I stood outside the bathroom door with the fire extinguisher, did she?"

"...A little bit, yes," he said. "It does not seem she is holding a grudge against you for it, though apologizing might go some way if you remember to..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:43 am

Friday:

IT will get stronger as your lives reincarnate, don't feel bad. he advised So Lily, how's it been for you? You've got any doubts?

Saturday:

Umm, you need to chew, or you'll choke. Tane said with a smile you remember how that Qyrl smelled or looked like? Are your friends hurted or in need of help?

Yeah, i know. I'm tane, mage. She's Alessa, she's a Ananasi, but she's a friend, and he's Coawa, Rokea like you.

SO, greenland Shark. You not from here, Paulina?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am

Tane:

Friday:

IT will get stronger as your lives reincarnate, don't feel bad. he advised So Lily, how's it been for you? You've got any doubts?

"You mean how has it been to Awaken, get here and talk with all of you people?"
Lily asked, she smiles.
"Well first of all doubt would be useless I am what I am right? I can not unawaken, I am not to pleased about ending up in the middle of a war, but other than that this have been wonderful, I think I will enjoy learning more about magick, and your society here here."
She gave Tane an exited smile

Saturday:

Umm, you need to chew, or you'll choke. Tane said with a smile

"What...is chew?"
Paulina asked, still struggling with speech and probably the language as she prepared to show another piece of fish into her mouth.

you remember how that Qyrl smelled or looked like? Are your friends hurted or in need of help?

"Smelled foul...like rot...large black...ugly...yes they where hurt...now they are gone."
The Rokea girl said as she paused over the fish she was eating.
"I will kill Qyrl spawn...he came here to this city."

Yeah, i know. I'm tane, mage. She's Alessa, she's a Ananasi, but she's a friend, and he's Coawa, Rokea like you.

"Yes...I know he is like me...I have no desire...to spawn with him...even if he is big and strong...Ananasi...spider...strange friend...and a mage...strange group...but you helped me...thank you."
She said, over annunciating each word, spirits would have thought her to speak human languages, but she had never before actually done so.

SO, greenland Shark. You not from here, Paulina?

"No...out on Great Swim...friends attacked, seek revenge...but far to warm here..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 am

Colin pondered, "Who could we ask about the factional politics, though?"
He nodded, "Martha Cunningham in the psychiatric facility, of course - when you said hospital, I was thinking of a regular hospital, not a... storage place for the undesirable. Right, do your burning, quickly, I'll finish the scrambler."

((OOC: Arete rolls for repeating the scrambling rote - 7,8,0 - 1,6,0 - 2,9,0 - I think Colin got a bit stressed and concerned in the middle there. O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:00 am

"Damned if i know...but I think you're right, most don't seem to want to deal with the Tremere or the Prince. Let's not drag anyone else in shall we? At least not until we know what's going on." Then he nodded at Colin as he talked about Martha. "Right."

He glanced over at Richard. "Would you mind keeping an eye out for us, while I take care of something please?" Then he checked outside, opened the car door and had a look around for himself before deciding if it was clear to taking care of the wad of notes he'd accumulated.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 am

There was no one outside, you can hear faint music from the nearby nightclub, and the guests of the club laughing, but no one was in the back ally itself so it seamed rather clear, it was doubtful anyone would see you burn the notes and if they did they would think nothing of it, not around these parts.

Colin you can feel your magick ebb and flow at little, magick tend to shake a little if the mage casting it was tired, but even so you do manage to pull your rote off, protecting the car from magickal detection.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Colin grumbled softly as the car shimmered for an instant, chaotic, white noise-like energies flowing over the surface, "It's almost blasphemous to say this for an Englishman, but a cup of the Chief's coffee would be perfect right now. How many hours have I been up for by now? No matter - the alley looks clear, and we should enjoy quite a bit of concealment... Hm, I need to test my new rote against Mrs. von Hess's skills. Might prove enlightening for both of us - and she does seem to be the ultimate yardstick for this sort of ward."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Once outside, he pulled his lighter and the notes from his pocket , focusing his will on finding and destroying any lingering arcane connections that might be left behind in the aftermath to trace once their material forms were burnt away. "Tollere ignis, perdo vim..." he spoke as he carefully as he set fire to them. The promised flame for Embra would come later, when he had the right mindset. A different kind of fire just for her as a thank-you. He hoped for a victorious one. Everyone expected him to hurl around fireballs but he felt he had set an entirely different kind of fire that evening. When the last bit of the papers were destroyed, he got back into the car and shut the door, put the seat belt back on and was ready to go.

"'How many hours have I been awake' is a dangerous game," he said with a look of commiseration with Colin. "Let's get out of here." There was still much to be done and he tried to focus on that rather than exhaustion.

// O.o  forum ate my post somehow. Irony much? Arete roll: 5, 6 - 3, 8 for trying to break latent arcane connections that could be used that existed in those notes.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:16 pm

You feel your words demolish the magickal links that could be found first of all in the handwriting, as your mentor said, Tass directly from your own Avatar was the best arcane connection there was, after that body fluids and other pieces of the target, hair, fingernails and the like, then came examples of their handwriting before things like treasured objects and pictures. Foci and their true names generally counted the same as pieces of their magick, in any way the hand written notes could be use but you feel your fire burning them away, both physically and magickally, then there was the connection of the emotions in the notes but those to vanished before your words and will, your rote was not perfect, perhaps you where to tired for perfect and in a way it felt less like the elegant, controlled willworking the Order was so proud of and more like hitting the arcane connections with a baseball bat until they want way, but no matter it works and when you are done, all that remains of the notes are ash.

Before you get back into the car, or rather while you where working your rote, though I will assume Adley have the discipline not to check his messages while working a rote he will hear the pling of the text message. The message was from Jeffry Morgan and said the following.

"Mea Filius
I am back home and can talk now if you needed something, that was somewhat difficult earlier as I was visiting another Chantry and there is a limit to how much I trust anyone right now. I hope you are well, take care of the others.
Jeffry Morgan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Once seated, he picked his phone up and read the message. "Hmm...." Well, at least his pater was safe now and he understood his paranoia, oh, did he. He wondered which chantry he'd been at, as he wouldn't've been able to get any messages at Lux Iternis. But now they were under the scrambler, so they would have to wait until they got back to reply.

// definitely not going to check his phone in the middle of a working. For sure he's tired, the proverbial magicakal baseball bat was going to have to do for the moment...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Colin nodded, "I rather wish I'd taken the time for a nap when I made that pendulum... but at the time, it seemed neither urgent nor proper to take advantage of the Deaconess for a little rest. Plus, the workshop is hardly well suited for it, anyway. And the little hop to Chicago does skew things a little, as well. Right, back to Morningstar and see if they can spare some coffee."
He glanced over, "That said, I'm all for using magic when it serves a clear purpose, but couldn't a lighter or match have accomplished that little bit of destruction?"
He shrugged lightly and put the car into gear, "No matter... Off we go."
Easing out of the back alley again, he took a small detour to make sure there were no pursuers before making a swift line to the Chantry.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:32 pm

"It's easier to see the opportunities in retrospect," he said with a frown. "Or so a wise man once told me. This little hop...it's turned into quite its own animal, hasn't it? Can't deny it's all connected." Then he looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. "You weren't paying attention, I did use my lighter." He paused and then added, "You'll forgive my paranoia, but it did serve a clear purpose. I'm tempted to try another nap," he said, with a grimace. "But I suppose I should keep an eye out instead," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Either your pursuers had given up, which was unlikely your your scrambler rote was working for it did not seam to you that anyone was following you as you drive back towards Morningstar, there was quite a bit of traffic, the worst of the evening rush was done but there was still quite a few late workers on the road on the way home to their families and a hot meal. Nothing particularly interesting happen on the way back, just driving, and passing by other cars on the road. Morningstar was towards the Northern outskirts of the city but the drive is not that long, fifteen minutes give or take.

Getting back to Chantry Morningstar now in full dark you see the lights where on in the buildings, and it looked rather inviting, a dark woman with long hair stood watch by the gate but she must have been informed about your visit for she just waved you in and soon you where back in the Chantry's garage, under it's secondary building, back to relative safety, for now.

Adley if you do take a nap you sleep fairly well, and even fifteen minutes of rest do you some good, if only in staving of exhaustion for a few hours more, if you instead keep watch you do not really see anything out of the ordinary on the way back to Morningstar.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Friday:

That's great! Well... Do you have any questions about us?

Saturday:

Tane showed her what chew was... as he started lunch.

So your companions joined your ancestors... I truly wish they give you strength... we come are hunting Qyrl beasts and servants. If you stay with us, you can actually help us in that.

Don't worry... there's a Slew down here, so if you want to stay underwater, you'll feel better. That is, after we patch you up. THat silver wound is horrible.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 pm

Colin nodded, "It has taken on a few more facets than anticipated. Considering the uncovered information, that's not a bad thing, though it does make the whole situation seem like somewhat more than we accounted for in choosing our delegation..."
He grinned sheepishly, "I didn't see you use your lighter; you had your back to me, and I only heard the incantation, partially, as I was performing my own. I guess I just made us a pair of donkeys, then, right? Enhancing the flame to ensure something gets incinerated is fine; creating the flame by magic just seemed... needlessly exhausting."

Colin parked the car and sighed before climbing out and looking around the garage for others, giving Adley and Richard a gentle nudge to wake them up.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:42 am

Colin nodded, "It has taken on a few more facets than anticipated. Considering the uncovered information, that's not a bad thing, though it does make the whole situation seem like somewhat more than we accounted for in choosing our delegation..."

"It's keeping us here longer. That's a concern to me," he said.

He grinned sheepishly, "I didn't see you use your lighter; you had your back to me, and I only heard the incantation, partially, as I was performing my own. I guess I just made us a pair of donkeys, then, right? Enhancing the flame to ensure something gets incinerated is fine; creating the flame by magic just seemed... needlessly exhausting."

"I've been trying to not have to learn the lesson about wasteful expenditure twice...At any rate you were busy. It's done now," he said, shutting his eyes. "I think I will take a nap while I can, speaking of opportunities and exhaustion. Forgive me, amicus but my last nap was anything but restful." He gave a huff of tiredness, folded his arms again and shut his eyes and laying his head against the seat. Before he knew it, Colin was trying to wake him back up. All too soon, but better than no rest at all.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 am

Tane:

Friday:

That's great! Well... Do you have any questions about us?

"Many...you are a society, how do you keep together, do you have laws? Can you keep having contact with your mundane family? How do you keep all this hidden from the world?"
Lily asked as she looked at Tane.
"It just seam to be to incredible."

Saturday:

Tane showed her what chew was... as he started lunch.

Paulina tried to imitate what the Dreamspeaker did with some success, enough not to choke on her food at least and her eyes widened.
"It taste...much more...when food is...crushed..."
She exclaimed, Coawa gave a smile at that, he to had a bit of a shock when he first leaned to chew his food.

So your companions joined your ancestors... I truly wish they give you strength... we come are hunting Qyrl beasts and servants. If you stay with us, you can actually help us in that.

"They...where already with my ancestors...they where spirits...now they are no more."
Paulina said sadly.
"I want to kill...the Qyrl spawn...and his friends...they must die...I will eat them, if you are trying to eat...the Qyrl spawn as well...I will stay."

Don't worry... there's a Slew down here, so if you want to stay underwater, you'll feel better. That is, after we patch you up. THat silver wound is horrible.

"Water yes...better in water..."
Paulina said and ate some more fish she looked down at her side.
"The Qyrl spawn had friends...one of them cut me...it hurts...more in this...shape..."
She said and it would, like most of her kind she was shark born, meaning she was out of her breed form so she would be more affected by a silver burn. Alessa muttered something about bloody fera and their bloody metal problems as she went to fetch the first aid kit earning her a scowl from Coawa.
"Well at least we do not need to drink blood or eat spiders to heal."
He muttered back.

Adley, Colin and Richard:

Colin parked the car and sighed before climbing out and looking around the garage for others, giving Adley and Richard a gentle nudge to wake them up.

There was one other person in the garage, a young man in his mid thirties somewhere who where doing some maintenance on his car, changing the oil it seams, he was thin of frame and blond and kept his blue eyes on what he was doing and did not pay much attention to the new arrivals, other than that there where no one in the garage.

It was about six thirty in the evening now so chances where the mages of Morningstar would soon be gathering for dinner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:54 am

Friday:

Yeah... that's the boring part. We got, but i have no idea about them. I think that in the spirit of "Don't fuck people up" you'll be alright, but you could ask an hermetic or Master nassa if you wanted more insight.
AS keeping togheter... it's a war tent, you know? we simply need to take the numbers for security, so we make it work out.
You can have contact with them. I told you, you're human. You can be killed, you're falible, everything is just like before...but with a different view.
We hide it not doing weird things in public, but most of the job is done by the technocracy. But yeah, we're not obvious and we try the privacy of our houses or chantries unless there's an emergency.

Saturday:

i'll start slapping people if you can't get along. Tane menaced them
In any case, welcome to our little place. Maybe we chould think on getting a name! He said as to lure them into chatting and outting things together, to work something out.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 am

Friday:

Yeah... that's the boring part. We got, but i have no idea about them. I think that in the spirit of "Don't fuck people up" you'll be alright, but you could ask an hermetic or Master nassa if you wanted more insight.

Henrietta grinned a little at that.
"You know you could get yourself in trouble if you do not know the laws Tane."
She said and sigh.
"There is allot of them and one misstep and you might find yourself in very hot water."

AS keeping togheter... it's a war tent, you know? we simply need to take the numbers for security, so we make it work out.

"So the Traditions band together for safety in numbers then?"
Lily asked.
"I guess that makes allot of sense actually."

You can have contact with them. I told you, you're human. You can be killed, you're falible, everything is just like before...but with a different view.

Lily nodded at that.

We hide it not doing weird things in public, but most of the job is done by the technocracy. But yeah, we're not obvious and we try the privacy of our houses or chantries unless there's an emergency.

"Also that would be one of those before mentioned laws child, we have a rule called The Law of Shade against showing of to the general public, so that we all stay safe, what do you think humanity would do if they found out about the supernatural, we would all be in deep shit."
Henrietta said.
"But yes the Technocracy do allot of the covering up job...and then off course there is Paradox keeping things in check."

Saturday:

i'll start slapping people if you can't get along. Tane menaced them

"You are welcome to try..."
Alessa muttered then she brought the first aid kit over.
"There should be something to clean the wound here, and something to stich it up with and bandages, it looks rather bad though, burned like with acid."
She said and gave Paulina's side a worried look.
"Yeah silver kind of suck."
Coawa said, he opened his right hand and there where angry red marks inside.
"One of the mages I met two days ago had silver rings on his hand when I shock it, silver do not agree with our kind."
He muttered. Alessa sigh, she grabbed a small container of herbal balm from the kitchen counter and barked at Coawa.
"Give me your hand!"
Before she took it and smeared the balm on the burns.
"Dos it hurt?"
She asked, he shook his head though.
"No it just itches."
He muttered but he stood still as she treated his hand.

In any case, welcome to our little place. Maybe we chould think on getting a name! He said as to lure them into chatting and outting things together, to work something out.

Paulina continued to slowly push food into her mouth she nodded after a while.
"Well you do seam to have a habit of picking up stray supernaturals."
Aslessa muttered from where she was tending to Coawa's hand.
"It is almost like you are running a halfway house for the strange."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:43 am

Colin carefully inspected the car for any scrapes and anything attached, and turned to the man working on his car, "Excuse me, Sir, but how well is this garage warded, just in case?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:53 am

The car did not appear to have gotten any scrapes and you can not see anything attached to it, not at a glance at least. The blond man working on his car turned and gave you a smile and looked around.
"The whole Chantry have a general ward around it, the Chief want to set up an Aegis but some of the non Hermetics protest that, but I agree with him so to answer you question Sir, not really well enough, why where you wondering?"
He seamed friendly as he wiped his oily hands on a rag.
"We have some guardian spirits roaming around though, not that I can see them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:45 am

Colin shrugged, "It would seem we - and this car - have attracted the eye of... Well, at a guess, it would be the vampire Nicolai. Fortunately, we caught it and cut him off, and he doesn't seem a very capable diviner as such, but it might be wise to be on alert for a few nights... I shall have to apologize to Deaconess Rose about that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:09 am

"Vampires? Fuck...excuse my language."
The blond man said and sigh.
"I do not know who this vampire Nicolai is, the only Nicolai I know is an unpleasant Euthanatos, but any vampire is a problem, their powers are static and limited but still it is better to stay away from them. I could give Chief Joakim a heads up that a bloodsucker might be on the lookout for the blue Toyota."
He offered.
"I am pretty much done here anyway and was planning on heading in to clean up before dinner."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next