Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Colin gave Qeb a slight shrug and a smile, "Well, standing up to protest the abuses heaped on others is the decent thing to do... If everyone thought like that, there'd be less suffering in the world, I think.

Qeb look at you and sigh, it was to late to protest now. Tian spoke.
"Perhaps, I am no saint though and I am Fallen, I want to reach Entropic Descension, I just do not feel the need to treat others badly as I walk that path, nor do I feel the need to drag others with me as I go down the spiral towards non existence."
He muttered.

He sighed, "I can't guess at what she wants those bits for, either - but I will wager it is nothing good. For anyone."

"No it is probably nothing good, and especially not now that she is cooperating with that Swedish bitch over in Boston, if you do excuse the language."
Tian sounded angry as he spoke about Lisa Larson.

He frowned, then scratched his head, "So Nicolai has Abigail's familiar, and Abigail has one of Nicolai's, er, 'brood' might be descriptive enough, I suppose... I don't suppose you know their names?

"Yes that is correct, Nicolai have Abigail's familiar and she have one of his relatives. I could speak the familiar's name, it is a cat, but I doubt you would be able to pronounce the name Mr Colin, the vampire...oh...I am not sure I think his name was DuSable, I am not sure about his first name though."

And... I know this is much to ask - terribly much to ask, even - but could you tell us where Abigail's Labyrinth is hidden?"

"I..."
Tian hesitated.
"I have friends there, and one thing is them dying in battle, that is always a risk with this war of ours but if they get taken alive...worse there are apprentices there, the youngest is a girl of twelve...if she was captured would she to be...well you know?"

(OOC: Well there will be no warranty on that portal after this stunt.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Colin nodded, "It may sound far-fetched, Tian, but I've met another who feels exactly the same way... Within the past two days, no less. I can't agree with your goal, of course, but I can extend my sympathies."
He grimaced, "I expect not even the language you use between yourself has the adequate terminology for the Larson harridan. What do you know of her plots and schemes?"
He nodded, as much to himself as to anyone else, "I don't think hearing you name the cat will be necessary... DuSable, though... that's an unusual name in these parts, I'd wager - is the fellow Canadian, perhaps?"
He sighed, "I understand. I won't press the issue; I can make no promises as to what would happen, nor that the survivors won't be... well, you know."
((OOC: Might be funny to get a camera down there, though - sort of a Funniest Home Videos thing... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 8:44 pm

Colin nodded, "It may sound far-fetched, Tian, but I've met another who feels exactly the same way... Within the past two days, no less. I can't agree with your goal, of course, but I can extend my sympathies."

"I doubt I am the only Nephandus that want to walk our path alone and not drag anyone else with us...my Avatar do not want to force anyone onto this road, though...every day she darkens."
Tian muttered sadly.

He grimaced, "I expect not even the language you use between yourself has the adequate terminology for the Larson harridan. What do you know of her plots and schemes?"

"No...I expect you are right Mr Colin that there are no adequate words for her."
The Nephandus said darkly.
"I do not know much, only that she is planning something big for tomorrow, I do know many disagree with her through, I spoke with a woman from another Labyrinth yesterday and she was rather upset at the Larson woman's plans, I am afraid I can not give you much details though other than that she is planning a ritual tomorrow and Abigail seam to think it will be big...very big."

He nodded, as much to himself as to anyone else, "I don't think hearing you name the cat will be necessary... DuSable, though... that's an unusual name in these parts, I'd wager - is the fellow Canadian, perhaps?"

"I do not know, the boss lady keeps him staked, apparently it do not kill them but do hurt him, I only heard his name mentioned. I do not think this Nicolai person knows how Abigail is treating his relative though."

He sighed, "I understand. I won't press the issue; I can make no promises as to what would happen, nor that the survivors won't be... well, you know."

"Thank you...I...am only speaking with you because I am afraid what Larson's ritual will do, but telling you where our Labyrinth is would put me in a difficult position, I do not want to have in on my conscience if my friends or the apprentices get captured and...well..."
Tian said and sigh.
"But nor do I want any more part in that Swedish woman's plans."

(OOC: Here you have a portal, and now it is gone...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Colin sighed, "Then it seems we know a little more about what she is up to... It would seem the witch is sacrificing widderslaintes and making apocalypse preparations of some manner..."
He frowned, "I've seen staking. It's not pretty. I agreee, Nicolai might not be aware of this treatment of his own."
He glanced around in the car, "Does anyone else have any prudent questions come to mind?"

((OOC: We've secretly replaced the outside of the Nephandi-controlled portal with a few thousand tons of bedrock. Let's see how long it takes them to notice. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 29, 2016 2:46 am

"So Mr Wainwright is feeling better than? He will be ok?" Magda asked, she was on her way to go to her assigned tasks which was helping Jerome with the chickens and the office but she stopped when you spoke. "I have been rather worried after what...we saw..."

"Yes, it does seem so," he said sounding relived and glad himself but still hurried. "Now please hurry we don't have much time."

"Yes...my bother and I can do this, but I can not guarantee that the portal will still be usable when it is brought back, it might change and break..."

Adley nodded to himself and hit return call to the Chief. As much leniency as the man had given him, somehow he thought destroying a portal, even accidently, would not go over well without great need or his approval.

There is another soft ping of your phone this time it is from a number you do not recognize, the text said. "This is Harris, the Chief gave me this number, to avoid the fresh wards I brought the people that can help your situation to right outside the building, we are coming in now so do not shoot us."

We? He frowned a little wondering how many people were on their way in....then he tried to remember if he got a call from Harris before (or his number to verify). "I just got a message that help is coming through right outside the building; can someone go see if it is actually them? If it is not, report immediately and if it is, get them down here safely."

// Yeah I've tried all the OTC common ones now unfortunately. I'm onto the asthma-related/steroidal meds : ( Good news though is that my headache finally relented after two days. And yup, CA - we got a bit of rain but we need a lot more

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 6:13 am

Colin:

Colin sighed, "Then it seems we know a little more about what she is up to... It would seem the witch is sacrificing widderslaintes and making apocalypse preparations of some manner..."

"There is rumors yes that widderslaintes go missing from the Boston Labyrinth, all I know is that whatever the Larson woman is doing it is big."

He frowned, "I've seen staking. It's not pretty. I agreee, Nicolai might not be aware of this treatment of his own."

"I doubt that he is aware of how his relative is treated no."
Tian said and sigh.

He glanced around in the car, "Does anyone else have any prudent questions come to mind?"

"Will Abigail try to retake the Post Office?"
Rosario asked and Tian replied.
"Yes she probably will, she have a strike team of six that she sends in when there is trouble, you do not want to meet them."

Adley:

"Yes, it does seem so," he said sounding relived and glad himself but still hurried. "Now please hurry we don't have much time."

"I am glad he will be alright Sir."
Magda said then she hurried after Jerome.

Adley nodded to himself and hit return call to the Chief. As much leniency as the man had given him, somehow he thought destroying a portal, even accidently, would not go over well without great need or his approval.

You re dial Chief Joakim's number and the old hedge wizard quickly replies.
"Yes Sodalis what do you have to rapport?"
He asked.

We? He frowned a little wondering how many people were on their way in....then he tried to remember if he got a call from Harris before (or his number to verify).

You have not gotten his number before.

I just got a message that help is coming through right outside the building; can someone go see if it is actually them? If it is not, report immediately and if it is, get them down here safely."

"I and my brother can take care of that."
Johnson said and the two old hedge wizards hurried out of the room. A few minutes later they returned with Hans Harris and one of the male Mercere...Jones you think his name was though there had been little time for introductions.
"I am here in case we need to leave quickly, also I might be able to stop an incoming teleportation attempt."
Master Harris said. Jones gave you a nervous looks and glanced around the basement.
"Chief Joakim said that you needed help with the vault, to get everything out before evacuating Sir."
The Red Cap said, still clearly affected by what he had been through."

(OOC: I see well that sucks. I will hope for some rain for your region then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 29, 2016 6:57 am

"Yes Sodalis what do you have to rapport?" He asked

"Think we can disable the portal but it may not work after; no or go?"

"I and my brother can take care of that." Johnson said and the two old hedge wizards hurried out of the room.

Well, that meant he ought to check on Mr Vincent and try to set him up so they can get him out when they leave. He headed into the bathroom quickly, looking to see if Isabella was around to help him.

"I am here in case we need to leave quickly, also I might be able to stop an incoming teleportation attempt." Master Harris said. Jones gave you a nervous looks and glanced around the basement.

He did look surprised to see the man himself but the explanation made sense. And he was doubly glad it was not the Nephandi. "Good, thank you. Yes we might need to do that there is a strike team sitting out there. We have three cars parked across and a prisoner as well but when we get this mail you definitely need to get it out to somewhere safe. Let's hurry, there is not much time."

"Chief Joakim said that you needed help with the vault, to get everything out before evacuating Sir." The Red Cap said, still clearly affected by what he had been through."

"Yes, please. Thank you for coming, I know this is hard...but we need you to take the mail and the things that we've collected up out of here with you and to safety," he began.

// Thanks, yeah I mean it won't hurt to ask though you're right. Usually they are worse a few times of the year. And hopes for rain even though its summer : D

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 am

Colin grimaced, "We know some of what Larson's done. Suffice to say, when Abigail finds out, well... there'll be hell to pay."
He frowned, "Strike team of six... I don't suppose you know their rankings? Any Masters among them?"
He sighed and glanced around, "Well, if nobody else has any questions, and you have nothing else you can think of to volunteer, I suppose that's it for this conversation... Next time you call, it's likely I won't be the one to answer, though - I'll leave your phone with a good man. We... will at some point have to come after you, but you're getting a head start; that's all we can afford. I'm sure you understand..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 am

Adley:

"Think we can disable the portal but it may not work after; no or go?"

"It is better to loose the portal than to have it fall into Nephandi hands so yes, go."
Joakim said quickly, and yes it was, a resource lost was never positive but a resource ending up in the hands of the enemy was even worse.

Well, that meant he ought to check on Mr Vincent and try to set him up so they can get him out when they leave. He headed into the bathroom quickly, looking to see if Isabella was around to help him.

You find Isabella long the way, she was doing the last of the floor scrubbing and while the blood on the floor, that was mostly gone now, might be affecting her, she was holding her composure well.
"Can I help you with anything Sir?"
She said as you glanced at her.

Inside the washroom Jacob was finished with his wards and was sitting next to the vampire. Nate was limp in his bonds and looked like he was in a deep sleep. The Tytalus did not look up as you came in he continued to focus on his work.

He did look surprised to see the man himself but the explanation made sense. And he was doubly glad it was not the Nephandi. "Good, thank you. Yes we might need to do that there is a strike team sitting out there.

The young Mercere winced when you said there was a strike team ready on the part of the Nephandi but he nodded.
"Yes we need to get the mail to safety."
He said, dedicated to his duties. Hans put a reassuring hand on the young man's shoulder.

The Mercere hurried towards the room that housed the vault.
"There are about two bag fulls of mail in there, I should be able to carry it alone but if anyone want to help out that is ok as well."
He said with a nervous little smile, he understood the need to hurry.

"Yes, please. Thank you for coming, I know this is hard...but we need you to take the mail and the things that we've collected up out of here with you and to safety," he began.

"I understand and yes we need to get the mail to safety, some of it might be well wishes and such but usually when a mage take the cost to send something with my House it is because it is sensitive material, we do not want the Nephandi to get that. I will open the vault and we can get the mail out of there and leave."
Jones said, the leaving part seamed particularly appealing to him.

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "We know some of what Larson's done. Suffice to say, when Abigail finds out, well... there'll be hell to pay."

"Yes well if the rumors are true there will be war between our Labyrinths, and given that Larson have pissed of several other Labyrinths...she will be finished, the question is if that will happen before tomorrow's planned ritual or not."
Tian said and sigh.

He frowned, "Strike team of six... I don't suppose you know their rankings? Any Masters among them?"

"I am not really sure about their rankings, or rather I do not know much about the Tradition's ranking system, I was so young when my mentor and I was kidnapped I do not remember. They are rather powerful though, controlling major forces and teleporting in the Umbra powerful."
Tian said then he sigh.
"They are lead by this guy called Allen Marshten, at least his mundane name is so, again I am not sure if you can speak his real name, and he is a piece of work, he likes to eat mages...alive, beware of him."

He sighed and glanced around, "Well, if nobody else has any questions, and you have nothing else you can think of to volunteer, I suppose that's it for this conversation... Next time you call, it's likely I won't be the one to answer, though - I'll leave your phone with a good man. We... will at some point have to come after you, but you're getting a head start; that's all we can afford. I'm sure you understand..."

"I can tell you that the higher ups are frustrated over something, but I do not know what. I am sorry there is a limit to what I know, and the location of the Labyrinth...well like I said with what the Traditions do to captured Nephandi..."
Tian was quiet for a moment then he said.
"I understand that you are going to come after me, and well yes when you do I am sorry but I will not come peacefully, my Avatar is tired, it do not like being Fallen but I am not ready to give it up...I have one request though...if you will listen to it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Colin grimaced, "I expect it will have to be before her planned ritual... Anything that can be characterized as 'big' is liable to be sufficiently bad news as to require a pre-emptive attack... I'm afraid the other Labyrinths will just have to pick through the leftovers, if there are any."
He frowned, "Major forces and umbral teleport... that should be a decent gauge, at least. Allen Marshten... likes to eat Magi alive? Are we talking captives eaten bit by bit, or swallowing combat opponents whole here? Both are unpleasant, but the tactical situations are worlds apart..."
He arched an eyebrow, "I will listen..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Colin grimaced, "I expect it will have to be before her planned ritual... Anything that can be characterized as 'big' is liable to be sufficiently bad news as to require a pre-emptive attack... I'm afraid the other Labyrinths will just have to pick through the leftovers, if there are any."

"I am afraid you are right Mr Colin that if that Swedish woman get her ritual done, there will be little but leftovers to pick through, if even that."
Tian said and sigh.
"Which is why I am risking talking with you like this."

He frowned, "Major forces and umbral teleport... that should be a decent gauge, at least. Allen Marshten... likes to eat Magi alive? Are we talking captives eaten bit by bit, or swallowing combat opponents whole here? Both are unpleasant, but the tactical situations are worlds apart..."

"I am talking about eating captives bit by bit...he likes to use magick that cause combatants physical pain, enough to take them down, or to turn their own bodies against them or just getting anything alive around to attack his enemies in battle."
The Nephandus explained.

He arched an eyebrow, "I will listen..."

"I told you I have a daughter...if I get captured and taken to Horizon, I will just vanish, she will grow up to think I got tired of the responsibility and just abandoned her. Can you make sure there is a body, it do not need to be mine, but enough that my child's mother will be told that I have died in some accident, it is better the girl grow up thinking her father died in some horrible accident than to think I abandoned her."
Tian said softly.
"I just do not want her to think I left her behind and forgot about her."

(OOC: Soon I will be heading out I am going to be STing mage for my group, let us see if they can get themselves out of the trouble they got themselves into last time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, then frowned, "Marshten sounds like a most unpleasant adversary... Do you know if he requires line of sight, or can practice his shenanigans through walls?"
He looked up at Adjan, "That sort of trickery is not in my field, personally... but it certainly might be possible to arrange. There... is another possibility in the long term, as well... There's a project, to call it that, on Avatar reversion - restoring widderslainte Avatars to their original state. I don't know if anything practical will come of it, in one year, ten, or twenty, but it's possible... and it might be feasible for Avatars that have been tricked through the Caul in the same incarnation, as well. I cannot promise you anything, but I think I can get away with giving you that little bit of hope..."

((OOC: Probably, and I'm willing to bet good money - though not much of it - that they get out of the old trouble by getting themselves into a new kind of trouble instead. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, then frowned, "Marshten sounds like a most unpleasant adversary... Do you know if he requires line of sight, or can practice his shenanigans through walls?"

"I think he use line of sight, I have never seen him work magick on anyone he can not see."
Tian said thoughtfully.
"He is a blood witch though so he needs to spill blood for his magick, his own, or that of others, it do not matter much to him, and no indeed he is not the most pleasant fellow you can meet no."

He looked up at Adjan, "That sort of trickery is not in my field, personally... but it certainly might be possible to arrange. There... is another possibility in the long term, as well... There's a project, to call it that, on Avatar reversion - restoring widderslainte Avatars to their original state. I don't know if anything practical will come of it, in one year, ten, or twenty, but it's possible... and it might be feasible for Avatars that have been tricked through the Caul in the same incarnation, as well. I cannot promise you anything, but I think I can get away with giving you that little bit of hope..."

Adjan sigh then he nodded.
"I might be able to arrange something, I certainly can not make a dead body but I know those that can."
He said softly.

"Thank you."
Tian muttered.
"Well there are some panic about that around the Labyrinth actually, a Traddie...ehm sorry, Traditionalist girl, apparently cleansed herself, or so the rumor says, it have left the higher ups in a panic for years, some say they manage to get her removed."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"My Avatar would...find hope in that, I like my path though I just do not want to hurt anyone along the way...but she, was an angel, a malachite or green marble statue representing healing and grace, and now her perfect features are twisted in a permanent, cold stone glare of anger and she looks more monstrous than angelic...well sorry, that is my problem, not yours..."
The boy muttered.
"You have been kind Mr Colin, I will remember that."

(OOC: Well they have manage to piss of the Prince of Seattle when they decided to solve a problem they could solve to talking with MAXIMUM VIOLENCE!!! Razz That do tend to have consequences.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Colin frowned, "Verbena methods and line of sight only... That's very helpful. Thank you."
He sighed, "It's true, about the Traditionalist girl... Well, partially so; she yet lives."
He arched an eyebrow, "Another angel... might be a pattern there... Yes, right, er, if I could make a suggestion, though - try to speak with your angel. Meditate, and see if you together can find a way to undo the damage. If the Traditions find you first, and you've somehow restored your Avatar, you might stand a decent chance at seeing your daughter grow up, graduate, find someone for herself... Good luck. And thank you for sparing me at the office. I will remember that, too. Should we meet again, I cannot let you run... but I promise, I won't be cruel."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 29, 2016 7:22 pm

"It is better to loose the portal than to have it fall into Nephandi hands so yes, go." Joakim said quickly

"Very well," he said and hung up again, wasting as little time as he could manage. He directed himself towards Inannon again. "Please take the gate into the Earth - we do not want it used by the enemy. Do your best not to break it or the supporting floor of this building but this will protect us from harm," he said, knowing the elementals were probably not wanting to break anything and wanting avoid a collapse if the foundations were weak.

"Can I help you with anything Sir?" She said as you glanced at her. Inside the washroom Jacob was finished with his wards and was sitting next to the vampire. Nate was limp in his bonds and looked like he was in a deep sleep. The Tytalus did not look up as you came in he continued to focus on his work.

He peered inside the room and was surprised to see that Jacob already had set his plan to effect. He didn't want to disturb him so he left him to it again, looking at Isabella. "Keep an eye on the prisoner if you find yourself with some idle time," he requested. "We're going to try to take him out with us, leave him near a bus stop or somewhere he can make his way."

The Mercere hurried towards the room that housed the vault. "There are about two bag fulls of mail in there, I should be able to carry it alone but if anyone want to help out that is ok as well..."I understand and yes we need to get the mail to safety, some of it might be well wishes and such but usually when a mage take the cost to send something with my House it is because it is sensitive material, we do not want the Nephandi to get that. I will open the vault and we can get the mail out of there and leave."

"There is one package in particular in the lot that needs to be -extra- secure," he said, quickly.

// lol...PC life. Getting out of trouble leads you to new trouble. Maximum effort? And now to break some warentees on this finely crafted Hermes portal. Some poor Verditius's work is about to be subjected to a stress test they probably didn't anticipate.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Verbena methods and line of sight only... That's very helpful. Thank you."

"You are welcome, though it is not easy to betray what I once believed in."
Tian said and sigh.

He sighed, "It's true, about the Traditionalist girl... Well, partially so; she yet lives."

"If my bosses find that out they will not be pleased, not be pleased at all, it is probably safest if they do not find out..."

He arched an eyebrow, "Another angel... might be a pattern there... Yes, right, er, if I could make a suggestion, though - try to speak with your angel. Meditate, and see if you together can find a way to undo the damage. If the Traditions find you first, and you've somehow restored your Avatar, you might stand a decent chance at seeing your daughter grow up, graduate, find someone for herself... Good luck.

"I...do not know if I believe something like that to be possible, but I will do as you advice and speak with her, perhaps there is still some hope, I would like to be there for my daughter, and watch her grow up, she was never planned but now that she is here, she is the most important part of my life."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"I will try to talk with my angel...I can at least try."

And thank you for sparing me at the office. I will remember that, too. Should we meet again, I cannot let you run... but I promise, I won't be cruel."

"I...well you do not need to thank me, I do not know why I did what I did, why I ran, I guess I have had enough. I know...you can not let me run...I understand, let us hope we will not meet again."
The young man muttered.
"And talking about running, I should do just that..."
He said and waited a few moments to see if you had something else to say before he hung up.

(OOC: Dinnerbreak, I will work on Adley's reply right after dinner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Adley:

He directed himself towards Inannon again. "Please take the gate into the Earth - we do not want it used by the enemy. Do your best not to break it or the supporting floor of this building but this will protect us from harm," he said, knowing the elementals were probably not wanting to break anything and wanting avoid a collapse if the foundations were weak.

"I will not break the floor...we do not like to destroy, when something is destroyed it is no longer complete."
The elemental said. You felt a tremor in the floor as Innanon slowly pulled the portal into the floor, the tremors where not a huge problem they did not shake anything down but you felt the floor vibrating as the Umbrood did it's work.

He peered inside the room and was surprised to see that Jacob already had set his plan to effect. He didn't want to disturb him so he left him to it again, looking at Isabella. "Keep an eye on the prisoner if you find yourself with some idle time," he requested. "We're going to try to take him out with us, leave him near a bus stop or somewhere he can make his way."

"I will keep and eye on him Sir."
Isabella said and glanced at you then she offered a small smile.
"I am surprised at the kindness you show one of my kind Sir."
She said but from the tone of her voice your kindness pleased her, it surprised her yes but it also pleased her and her smile grew a bit wider before she turned her mind back to her task of scrubbing the floor, if the Nephandi got the Post Office back you would not want to give them allot of blood to work with.

"There is one package in particular in the lot that needs to be -extra- secure," he said, quickly.

"If you can describe it then I can find it for you Sir."
The Mercere said politely as he put his hand on a large, iron door and runes carved into the metal begun to softly glow, then he pulled the door open with some effort and a grunt and you could see the room beyond was a small chamber filled with shelves, packages and stacks of letters lines some of the shelves, the shelves where marked with numbers so the Redcaps could keep track of what was going where.
"I can find the package you are looking for and then quickly pack the rest in bags."
The Mercere said and offered you a tired smile.

(OOC: You are going to make the Verditius cry. Razz Well my players got into new trouble, but it was not all their fault this time. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Colin smiled darkly, "No, betraying what you've believed in is never easy, nor should it be... In your case, though, it seems you were betrayed first; I suppose you could consider Gabriel a fair warning of what you might become, should you stay in the Black Spiral."
He smirked, "Actually, I expect I'd find some amusement in displeasing your superiors. It would likely get me killed in some gruesome way, or worse, but depending on the circumstances, it might be worth it..."
He smiled thinly, "You forget, Tian, we are Mages. The impossible is what we're all about - what should we care about whether something is possible or not, so long as we can pull it off? There might be a way, all you need to do is find it."
He glanced around at the others in the van again, "Anyone else have anything? No? If not, then... Godspeed, Tian. Good luck, and... do call again, just don't let me see you."
He hung up after Tian, and pocketed the phone, "Well, that was... informative. I wish I had had the presence of mind to record the conversation, especially when he brought up miss Florentine... The Fallen 'took care of her', indeed... Hm, Master Harris salvaged another conversation, he might be able to salvage this one."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 30, 2016 3:42 am

"I will not break the floor...we do not like to destroy, when something is destroyed it is no longer complete." The elemental said.

'Thank you, friend,' he replied to the umbrood. As the floor started shaking he said, "That will be taking care of the portal..." he explained.

"I will keep and eye on him Sir." Isabella said and glanced at you then she offered a small smile. "I am surprised at the kindness you show one of my kind Sir.

He gave her a nod and small smile back but did not pause to give more conversation to it, there wasn't time. Perhaps later he might get a moment. It was only a small kindness in the scheme of things but he hoped that he could afford it. He did not know if this vampire was what he said he was. He could after all be lying and anyway, vampires were dangerous. But he thought not. Likely, he was a victim of his own society. Vincent might not feel too lucky when he awoke with the mother of all headaches but if he was out of enemy hands, but hopefully he would stay out of conflicts that involved magii in the future.

"If you can describe it then I can find it for you Sir." The Mercere said politely as he put his hand on a large, iron door..."I can find the package you are looking for and then quickly pack the rest in bags."

As he approached the vault with the Mercere, he told Allassor that the man with him was helping him right now, so the elemental would not think they were hostiles but to keep wary of anything happening while the vault was vulnerable. "It is a package that came from Horizon and was going to a research chantry in Spain..." he told the Mercere coming close to him so he wouldn't tell the entire room. He hoped that would take some of the mystery out due to their organized system and save them critical time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 30, 2016 6:30 am

Colin:

Colin smiled darkly, "No, betraying what you've believed in is never easy, nor should it be... In your case, though, it seems you were betrayed first; I suppose you could consider Gabriel a fair warning of what you might become, should you stay in the Black Spiral."

"Well now that is not a pleasant thought."
Tian muttered darkly.
"I do not want to become like that bastard, I would never want to become like him."
He said sounding bitter.

He smirked, "Actually, I expect I'd find some amusement in displeasing your superiors. It would likely get me killed in some gruesome way, or worse, but depending on the circumstances, it might be worth it..."

Tian laugh at that, it was a clear, delighted sound.
"It might be insane Mr Colin but yes, well...I do think I like you and your attitude."
He said with amusement in his voice.
"But yes it might indeed get you killed in some spectacularly gruesome way indeed."

He smiled thinly, "You forget, Tian, we are Mages. The impossible is what we're all about - what should we care about whether something is possible or not, so long as we can pull it off? There might be a way, all you need to do is find it."

"You might be right about that Traditionalist, perhaps I should have more hope. I have just always been told that what I did as a child, that it is irreversible, my green marble angel ca never return to it's former self. I remember her when I was little, she was beautiful indeed, but I have always thought that was lost to me."

He glanced around at the others in the van again, "Anyone else have anything? No? If not, then... Godspeed, Tian. Good luck, and... do call again, just don't let me see you."

No one else seamed to have any questions for Tian. The young Nephandus sigh.
"If I should find out anything else that would be useful to you and that I am willing to share, I will call, if not then goodbye and good luck."
He told you softly before you hung up.

He hung up after Tian, and pocketed the phone, "Well, that was... informative. I wish I had had the presence of mind to record the conversation, especially when he brought up miss Florentine... The Fallen 'took care of her', indeed... Hm, Master Harris salvaged another conversation, he might be able to salvage this one."

"I did record it, the sound quality might not be perfect but we do have a recording."
Rosario said and turned off the recording function of her phone.
"I will send you the file Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist looked confused.
"Who is Miss Florentine?"
She asked sounding a bit confused.

Adley:

'Thank you, friend,' he replied to the umbrood. As the floor started shaking he said, "That will be taking care of the portal..." he explained.

Everyone looked a little confused and frightened when the room started shaking but then calmed down when you explained what was happening.
"The portal is lowered into the rock, it is safe now."
Innanon said, or rather you felt that was his intention to say over the link you had with him through the stones in your shoes.

As he approached the vault with the Mercere, he told Allassor that the man with him was helping him right now, so the elemental would not think they were hostiles but to keep wary of anything happening while the vault was vulnerable. "It is a package that came from Horizon and was going to a research chantry in Spain..." he told the Mercere coming close to him so he wouldn't tell the entire room. He hoped that would take some of the mystery out due to their organized system and save them critical time.

Allassor acknowledged your explanation silently as you moved into the vault, the young Mercere nodded.
"Ah yes I remember that package Sir."
He muttered before he quickly moved to one of the shelves and after a few moments of looking through it produced a small box, wrapped up in brown paper, it was no bigger than what you would usually get jewelry in.
"This is it Sir."
Jones said.
"The package that are going to the Spanish research Chantry."
You felt a brief jolt of familiarity and sadness as you look at the small box, and in your minds eye you can almost see, but more feel a beautiful man...or was he a man put a lock of his hair into a silver locket and place around the neck of a woman that where the classical Renaissance beauty, she would have been called fat today, but at the time she was the image of feminine grace, you also see a more disturbing imagine of the same man bound and naked, and now it was more clear he was not a man but possessed the traits of both genders, was tortured deep down in a dark room. The flashes was quick, perhaps they had never been there...
"So what do you want me to do with this package Sir you said it needed extra protection."
You suddenly hear the Mercere say and his words bring you back to the present and to reality around you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 am

Colin nodded, "Good. Keep a good hold on that sentiment."
He smiled at Tian's laughter, "I get that from time to time."
He frowned, "Irreversible... That sounds more like a very successful bit of propaganda to prevent attempts at mending the damage to me. Nothing can be undone, perhaps, after it has been done, but I believe everything can be repaired or restored to its original state, whether physical or not."
He leaned back and gave Rosario a grateful smile, "Excellent, miss Dane. Miss Florentine... Miss Susannah Florentine was a widderslainte who meditated and worked with her Avatar, eventually reversing the damage of the Caul. She was subsequently examined and found clean by a Master of Spirit who presented this evidence... to a kangaroo court which was understaffed and ignored said evidence because they couldn't understand it, and didn't want to wait for the Virtual Adept Primus. The girl... yet lives. If you can call it that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 am

Colin nodded, "Good. Keep a good hold on that sentiment."
He smiled at Tian's laughter, "I get that from time to time."

"I will try to keep that sentiment in mind."
The young Nephandus said, he still sounded amused over you comment that you would love to upset his superiors.

He frowned, "Irreversible... That sounds more like a very successful bit of propaganda to prevent attempts at mending the damage to me. Nothing can be undone, perhaps, after it has been done, but I believe everything can be repaired or restored to its original state, whether physical or not."

"I do not know, perhaps you are right, but as things moves towards entropy, I would not think turning a Avatar back from such a state to be easy Mr Colin."
Tian said and sigh.
"But perhaps you are right, perhaps there is something that can be done."

He leaned back and gave Rosario a grateful smile, "Excellent, miss Dane.

Rosario just gave you a nod.

Miss Florentine... Miss Susannah Florentine was a widderslainte who meditated and worked with her Avatar, eventually reversing the damage of the Caul. She was subsequently examined and found clean by a Master of Spirit who presented this evidence... to a kangaroo court which was understaffed and ignored said evidence because they couldn't understand it, and didn't want to wait for the Virtual Adept Primus. The girl... yet lives. If you can call it that..."

"So she managed to cleanse herself?"
Rosario asked.
"And you think the Nephandi influenced this kangaroo court and...oh my you mean she was...that she was...oh poor girl."
The cultist said and grew pale and none of the others in the car looked to happy about it either.
"But how could the court sentence this Miss Florentine to...to that if her Avatar was clean Sir, that is an outrage...and by court...hell in a trial that can give that punishment the judges would be the Council of Nine...the Nephandi can not have influenced them could they?...surly not?"
Qeb muttered and sounded quite shocked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "She did, according to the evidence provided by Master Telar... We already knew the trial had an inordinate number of Primi in session, and they wouldn't wait for the Virtual Adept to come and examine the data they didn't understand. Tian's comment is more than circumstantial evidence that someone - possibly several someones - involved with the case was bribed, extorted or a willing accomplice. Obviously, I'm not naming names, but the trial documents are, as I understand, not sealed..."
He sighed, "The problem, of course, is getting definitive, incontrovertible proof, with the magnitude of the crime... and getting said proof into the right hands."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "She did, according to the evidence provided by Master Telar...

"I have met her, Mater Telar is good, very good, perhaps she is even better than my own Mentor."
Qeb said and nodded.
"If she said the Avatar was clean it was so."

We already knew the trial had an inordinate number of Primi in session, and they wouldn't wait for the Virtual Adept to come and examine the data they didn't understand. Tian's comment is more than circumstantial evidence that someone - possibly several someones - involved with the case was bribed, extorted or a willing accomplice. Obviously, I'm not naming names, but the trial documents are, as I understand, not sealed..."

"That is horrible, and illegal, do you not need almost all the Primi in attendance to be able to give a sentence of...that punishment?"
Qeb asked his eyes wide.
"If the Council of Nine have Gilgulled someone without proper procedure...that is both infuriating and quite frankly terrifying."
The young Hermetic muttered and shuddered.
"Can any of this be proven for if so something have to be done."
Rosario said, she was looking a little pale as well.

e sighed, "The problem, of course, is getting definitive, incontrovertible proof, with the magnitude of the crime... and getting said proof into the right hands."

"Well taking one of the Nine to court, that is not going to be easy, they have allot of power Mr Wainwright."
Alex muttered.
"And if they knew that someone was trying to do that, well let's just say it can be very dangerous for you to speak about this matter."
The Etherite warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Colin nodded, "That pretty much sums up the situation... I hope you realize that knowing about this is as dangerous for you as it is for me? I believe it can be proven, but it would require the right Mage to prosecute, and the presence of all the Primi... and as many Masters and above present as possible. This could well be a bigger case than Heylel Teomim..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next