Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 am

Colin grinned, "I suppose in some respects, I still think a lot like a Sleeper. I have no rejuvenation methods at hand, so I pretty much am as old as time has allowed... But, perhaps I can barter for some extensions at some point. Might have to, if I'm going to stay spry for several more decades..."
He smiled, "Pattern, actually - which might to an extent serve to explain why it only has taken the reins when that's been the only logical course of action for self-preservation. I suspect that perhaps the Avatar can't attain new skills without me; it might be able to combine what I already know in surprising ways, but it can't acquire anything new on its own... Both mundane and magical skills."
He nodded to the kid, giving a faint smile, "I'm Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Boston - one of the strike team that came to rescue you. I'm afraid I was rendered unconscious toward the end, but that we managed to get you all out..."
He laid a hand on Dan's shoulder, and one on Wolfgang's hand, "I'm sorry Wolfgang was tortured - that sort of shit shouldn't happen to anyone... but he discharged his duty as honourably as anyone could expect to, and while much of Mage society might not realize this, I think we owe him a debt of gratitude... as we owe all Mercere. I personally consider your House the most important single House in all the Traditions; it's rather a shame that not everyone sees the significance of such a dedicated logistics service. I... hope he recovers, and soon. He's a man of authority and conviction, and we need those in these times."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 am

Adley:

"Rather have a quick look at their messages beforehand, there's been some time-critical events lately. If it's nothing we won't lose much but a bit of time in cleaning, with luck."

"Very well I will have Magda deal with the phones then while we take care of other matters."
Hayden agreed then he turned to his apprentice and gave her a few quick orders and looking through the messages on the Nephandi's phones and rapport back with anything that seamed important. The young mage nodded and smiled before she hurried over to the table where the Fallens things where to take care of it.

He gave a measured nod to the woman. "Very well, let's get him somewhere he won't be able to hear us here. Secure him well in case we need to remove his stake.

The blonde woman met your gaze for a moment then she looked down. Hayden nodded.
"Any suggestions?"
He asked, Jerome nodded.
"Yeah let us take him to the wash room."
He said and lead the way, Hayden nodded and indicated for the one who was carrying the captured undead that he should follow.

However it might be possible to get some basics beforehand, without doing so to see if we even need to. I would rather have him chained to the floor or something strong enough to hold him with magick as backup and failsafe. Perhaps the three of you can work together,"

"There are no ways to chain him to the floor, not without first getting something to fasten chains to into the floor."
Jerome said.
"To a chair yes, to a table yes but not to the floor."
Hayden looks at you.
"Once my rote is in place he will not be getting up, he can not fight gravity."
He said.
"He is one vampire and we are quite a few magi down here now, we do not need to go overboard."
The woman looks at you.
"He will be able to move his eyes so you might be able to communicate that way but that is a bit cumbersome."
She commented.

"Do not go into the room at the end of the hall," he said, meaning the one that Wolfgang was in, which was still rather bloody. He knew Jerome and Hayden would know why.

The two Hermetics gave a grim nod at that.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I suppose in some respects, I still think a lot like a Sleeper. I have no rejuvenation methods at hand, so I pretty much am as old as time has allowed... But, perhaps I can barter for some extensions at some point. Might have to, if I'm going to stay spry for several more decades..."

"There are many who barter to have such things done if they are unable to do it themselves Mr Wainwright."
Francesca said and nodded.
"But I do nto think you need to worry quite yet."

He smiled, "Pattern, actually - which might to an extent serve to explain why it only has taken the reins when that's been the only logical course of action for self-preservation. I suspect that perhaps the Avatar can't attain new skills without me; it might be able to combine what I already know in surprising ways, but it can't acquire anything new on its own... Both mundane and magical skills."

"Well one theory is that Avatars incarnate into hosts to learn...still it is uncommon for anything but the Primordials to do things like that."
The death magus said.
"But yes how know how much they can do without a host, perhaps they are as dependent on us as we are on them."
She said and smiled.

He nodded to the kid, giving a faint smile, "I'm Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Boston - one of the strike team that came to rescue you. I'm afraid I was rendered unconscious toward the end, but that we managed to get you all out..."

"In that case I think you Sir for rescuing us, I am in your dept."
The boy said and gave you a bow.

He laid a hand on Dan's shoulder, and one on Wolfgang's hand, "I'm sorry Wolfgang was tortured - that sort of shit shouldn't happen to anyone... but he discharged his duty as honourably as anyone could expect to, and while much of Mage society might not realize this, I think we owe him a debt of gratitude... as we owe all Mercere. I personally consider your House the most important single House in all the Traditions; it's rather a shame that not everyone sees the significance of such a dedicated logistics service. I... hope he recovers, and soon. He's a man of authority and conviction, and we need those in these times."

"I am sorry to, it is terrible to think about what the bloody Nephandi did to him."
Dan said sadly he looked at his mentor that did not seam to register that you touched him. Dan look at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Thank you Sir it means allot to hear that, many treat us like servants and little else...I will let my mentor know what you said when he wakes up...if he wakes up."
He muttered softly.
"Yes he is brave, he never gave in I am told, and not many could have withstood that torture for long, even those who have not been well...for me I can not understand what he have gone through, I have never been a mage, but I suspect you might."
The boy said and looked at you before he looked down at his teacher.
"He is a good man."
He said firmly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 6:53 am

"Very well I will have Magda deal with the phones then while we take care of other matters." Hayden agreed

"Thank you; do be careful," he said to them.

"There are no ways to chain him to the floor, not without first getting something to fasten chains to into the floor."
Jerome said. "To a chair yes, to a table yes but not to the floor."
Hayden looks at you. "Once my rote is in place he will not be getting up, he can not fight gravity."
He said.
"He is one vampire and we are quite a few magi down here now, we do not need to go overboard." The woman looks at you. "He will be able to move his eyes so you might be able to communicate that way but that is a bit cumbersome." She commented.

He gave her a sort of look that said he did not think he was 'going overboard,' having seen Mr Lenoe completely lose his mind, but simply said, "Please do your best with what is available to secure him as best you can without resorting to cruel measures. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 8:18 am

"Thank you; do be careful," he said to them.

"I will be careful Sir."
Magda says before she go to investigate the phones.

He gave her a sort of look that said he did not think he was 'going overboard,' having seen Mr Lenoe completely lose his mind, but simply said, "Please do your best with what is available to secure him as best you can without resorting to cruel measures. Thank you."

Hayden sigh then nodded.
"I will do what I can, there might be some heavy furniture to chain him down to."
The flambeau said then turned to Jerome.
"Is there any chains around?"
He asks and the Mercere nods.
"Yeah if you take the prisoner in there, that is the wash room, I will find some."
He said and pointed towards one of the door and then hurry to one of the store rooms to get some chains.

Hayden, Jerome and one of the new arrivals cooperate to chain the sniper down to one of the heavy washing machines, wrapping chains around his wrists and then several times around his upper body and wrapping an other length of chains around his legs.
"We should be ready now Mr Roth Hicks."
Hayden said as he came out from the wash room.
"If this do not hold him, my magick will."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 8:34 am

As some of the others went to see about the vampire, he remembered he had a pair of cuffs in his coat and held them out to Hayden or Jerome. "Those should help." Then he turned to the remaining reinforcements. Once they were out of earshot with the prisoner, he said, "My name is Mr Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. I was told someone could help heal the elementals that we have here, they have taken something of a beating but held ground. Then we also have the portal which may have been tampered with, cleanup and the vault which needs guarding from another hit," he explained. "The attackers came through the umbra. Some of them escaped."

"We should be ready now Mr Roth Hicks." Hayden said as he came out from the wash room. "If this do not hold him, my magick will."

"Thank you. Forgive me but I was told not to take chances with vampires, especially as he is a Tremere and it looks like we'll be pulling the stake to find out if he knows anything..." He remembered last time...the blood. He did not want to get himself covered in vampire blood again. He cast a look around to see if he could use something to wrap his hand and arm in, at least.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 9:17 am

As some of the others went to see about the vampire, he remembered he had a pair of cuffs in his coat and held them out to Hayden or Jerome. "Those should help."

Hayden nodded and took the cuffs.
"Very well, thank you."
He said before he hurried to the washroom to secure the vampire for interrogation.

Then he turned to the remaining reinforcements. Once they were out of earshot with the prisoner, he said, "My name is Mr Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. I was told someone could help heal the elementals that we have here, they have taken something of a beating but held ground.

"That would be Jacob Mr Roth Hicks, he is a Master of Spirit, he however was the one carrying the prisoner so he should be back soon."
The tall, gray haired man said and then he took the round of introductions that you had stopped Jerome from doing earlier, going over everyone's names.

Then we also have the portal which may have been tampered with, cleanup and the vault which needs guarding from another hit," he explained. "The attackers came through the umbra. Some of them escaped."

"I have some experience with artifacts, I can have a look at the portal Mr Roth Hicks."
The gray haired man said again.
"What if while I do that, my brother and Miss Kelly watch the vault, set Jacob to heal the Umbroods you are talking about, are it my mentor's two elementals? He told me they where hurt. And then we can send Miss Jarden out to look for those who have escaped, she is a good tracker, though it depends on their power if she can actually take them down."
He suggested.
"And she is not able to look for anyone in the Umbra so if they escaped that way we need to come up with another solution."

"Thank you. Forgive me but I was told not to take chances with vampires, especially as he is a Tremere and it looks like we'll be pulling the stake to find out if he knows anything..."

"It is perfectly alright Mr Roth Hicks."
Hayden said.
"Better safe than sorry, let us find out what he knows."

He remembered last time...the blood. He did not want to get himself covered in vampire blood again. He cast a look around to see if he could use something to wrap his hand and arm in, at least.

Well this being the Chantry's wash room, there is plenty of the Mercere's dirty laundry around, you find some towels in a plastic basket in a corner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 16, 2016 9:18 am

Colin nodded to Grancesca, "Perhaps they are more dependent on us, even... Linear Magi and True Believers seem to make do quite well without, afte all, as do Sleepers..."

Colin bowed back, "You are quite welcome; it was the least we could do when we learned of the situation. Which in and of itself was an odd, roundabout way to gain the intel..."
He nodded grimly, "I... may know just a little more about what h has been through than any Mage would want to... I got lucky, though; perhaps even unprecedentedly so... No matter; I hope he recovers... and as bizarre as it may sound, he might owe his life to a vampire and a Nephandus with a conscience. In any case, he's a good man, and I wish him the best; I don't know any magic that might help with healing, unfortunately. That aspect eludes me. All I have is hope... Sometimes, that's enough."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 am

Colin nodded to Grancesca, "Perhaps they are more dependent on us, even... Linear Magi and True Believers seem to make do quite well without, afte all, as do Sleepers..."

"It is an individual choice Mr Wainwright, some choose never to use magick to extend their lives at all and instead see aging as a natural part of humanity, some do like Miss Gottschalk and use willworking to eliminate the health issues that are often a part of aging, and bring themselves to perfect health but do nothing more, allowing aging to happen but off course buying themselves several decades by eliminating the illnesses that most often are the cause of death in the aged, others extend their lives or stop their aging. I do not really know what I will choose if I get to that point..."
Francesca said and gave a sad smile, she had not even decided if fate had called for her death yesterday or not so it was a choice long of for her.

Colin bowed back, "You are quite welcome; it was the least we could do when we learned of the situation. Which in and of itself was an odd, roundabout way to gain the intel..."

"We are fortunate that you heard about us and our plight then, no matter how that came to be, I have no doubt that the Nephandi would have killed us all, likely tortured us as well."
Dan said and looked scared.

He nodded grimly, "I... may know just a little more about what h has been through than any Mage would want to... I got lucky, though; perhaps even unprecedentedly so... No matter; I hope he recovers... and as bizarre as it may sound, he might owe his life to a vampire and a Nephandus with a conscience.

"A vampire and a Nephandus with a conscience? I do not understand Sir."
The boy said and looked confused.
"I heard someone got hurt during the rescue mission, if that was you then I hope you are alright Sir."
He said kindly.
"And yes I hope my mentor can put this behind him one day."

In any case, he's a good man, and I wish him the best; I don't know any magic that might help with healing, unfortunately. That aspect eludes me. All I have is hope... Sometimes, that's enough."

"Well thank you for your concern Sir...and his body have been healed, it is his mind that need healing, and I fear that healing he can only do for himself, if he should find the will to do so."
Dan muttered and brushed a lock of hair away from his mentor's forehead.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Colin nodded and gave Fran's sjoulder a light pat, "I'm sure, when that time comes, you find the right choice for you, Francesca."

He nodded to Dan and grimaced, "Yes... well, they probably would have taken their sweet time with that, since they'd likely prefer to turn your Awakened Mage into one of their own... the Nephandi are nasty like that. We were lucky."
He smiled, "As it happens, we learned that one vampire was ordered by the Nephandi leader to... harm your resident Mage, as only a vampire can, just to further torment Wolfgang. One of the Fallen had objected to the cruelty of the torture already, and when the vampire refused to obey, knowing what might happen to the Mage, the Fallen leader burned her, and the objector protested again... and the vampire escaped while the leader and the protestor fought. That not only bought Wolfgang some reprieve, but gave us a golden moment of opportunity, as well..."
He frowned, "Yes, someone was hurt during the rescue... I was one and," he pointed over at Freddy, "my girlfriend was another. Like Wolfgang, her mind needs time to recover; she's temporarily blinded from the head trauma and shock... But we're on the mend, I'd say we had fortune on our side."
He gave a soft nod, "Yes, I hope he finds that will. He seems a good man, and a fine leader. We still need his like around."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Colin nodded and gave Fran's sjoulder a light pat, "I'm sure, when that time comes, you find the right choice for you, Francesca."

"Yes..."
Francesca said and gave you a little smile.
"I will find the right choice for me. Well I should get Freddy her milk unless she have finally fallen asleep?"

He nodded to Dan and grimaced, "Yes... well, they probably would have taken their sweet time with that, since they'd likely prefer to turn your Awakened Mage into one of their own... the Nephandi are nasty like that. We were lucky."

"Yes...I have no doubt that if we had remained the Nephandi's captives our fates would be grim, and especially for Lydia."
The boy muttered and shuddered.

He smiled, "As it happens, we learned that one vampire was ordered by the Nephandi leader to... harm your resident Mage, as only a vampire can, just to further torment Wolfgang. One of the Fallen had objected to the cruelty of the torture already, and when the vampire refused to obey, knowing what might happen to the Mage, the Fallen leader burned her, and the objector protested again... and the vampire escaped while the leader and the protestor fought. That not only bought Wolfgang some reprieve, but gave us a golden moment of opportunity, as well..."

"I guess I owe these two thanks as well then, unlikely allies as they might have turned out to be, and unintentional. What happened to them, the Nephandus who protested and the vampire girl, I assume it was the girl that looked no older than 15 and the man named ehm...Tian was it? He was kinder than the rest. Is he taken by the Traditions?"
The boy asked in a concerned tone of voice.
"I am glad nothing horrible happened to Lydia..."
He muttered.

He frowned, "Yes, someone was hurt during the rescue... I was one and," he pointed over at Freddy, "my girlfriend was another. Like Wolfgang, her mind needs time to recover; she's temporarily blinded from the head trauma and shock... But we're on the mend, I'd say we had fortune on our side."

"I hope your girlfriend will recover soon Sir."
Dan said and glanced at Freddy.
"And you as well Sir...if there is anything I can do to...repay you for what you all did to help us, just say so."
He promised.
"I am honored you would risk so much for me and my friends."

He gave a soft nod, "Yes, I hope he finds that will. He seems a good man, and a fine leader. We still need his like around."

"We are going to contact the House and ask for help from one of those who are used to treating those in his condition."
The young apprentice said.
"One perhaps odd question Sir...do you know what happened to the chickens? I know it is a odd thing to worry about in a situation like this and I mean no offense, it is just that those birds are pets and I mean one do get to care about one's pets and also my mentor loves animals...he will be asking about them...if he wakes up and I would like to be able to answer him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 5:10 pm

"That would be Jacob Mr Roth Hicks, he is a Master of Spirit, he however was the one carrying the prisoner so he should be back soon."
The tall, gray haired man said and then he took the round of introductions that you had stopped Jerome from doing earlier, going over everyone's names.

Adley gave a nod to those that remained in the room. "Thank you for coming to help."

"I have some experience with artifacts, I can have a look at the portal Mr Roth Hicks." The gray haired man said again. "What if while I do that, my brother and Miss Kelly watch the vault, set Jacob to heal the Umbroods you are talking about, are it my mentor's two elementals? He told me they where hurt. And then we can send Miss Jarden out to look for those who have escaped, she is a good tracker, though it depends on their power if she can actually take them down." He suggested. "And she is not able to look for anyone in the Umbra so if they escaped that way we need to come up with another solution."

He looked thoughtful as he went over the tasks needed, adding the artifacts that Hayden spoke of. "It is the two Earth elementals," he said to Mr Johnson. "Ah, he is your mentor? He is a good man. But yes, the elementals were hurt unfortunately so resorting them would be welcome. If they are able to stay for a bit longer, we can ask them to help guard. I will let them know." He smiled faintly at Allassor's preference for the nice door. Towards the elementals he directed, 'There is one here that will help restore you from your injuries soon.

"We haven't quite secured the house yet, either," he said. "That might be a good place for Miss Jarden to begin. For now I am more concerned with keeping this place from another hit then running down anyone that ran off but we should have a look at least," he mused. "If I might ask about Miss Jarden, is she a vampire?" he asked.

"It is perfectly alright Mr Roth Hicks." Hayden said. "Better safe than sorry, let us find out what he knows."

He nodded and walked inside, gesturing for Jermone to come out and away from earshot a moment so he could ask him something. "I was told there are artifacts here that also need to be secured. I would like you to take care of that, unless you wish to help me with the prisoner first." Then he went inside and regarded the staked vampire, grabbed something to staunch any blood on him preferably plastic.

// oh the movie was pretty good, btw : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Adley gave a nod to those that remained in the room. "Thank you for coming to help."

The tall, gray haired man smiled again.
"Nothing to thank us for, your group saved one the the Tribunal's Chantries the least we can do is help out."
He said and the others nodded.

He looked thoughtful as he went over the tasks needed, adding the artifacts that Hayden spoke of. "It is the two Earth elementals," he said to Mr Johnson. "Ah, he is your mentor? He is a good man. But yes, the elementals were hurt unfortunately so resorting them would be welcome. If they are able to stay for a bit longer, we can ask them to help guard. I will let them know."

"Yes Joakim is my mentor, it is a long time now since I was an apprentice though, and thank you, yes he is a good man."
Johnson said and nodded.
"I can go and speak with Jacob right away, ask him if he would not mind having a look at the elementals, it would be wrong to leave them hurt and suffering longer than necessary...though I do not know if they can feel pain like we do."
The man offered.

He smiled faintly at Allassor's preference for the nice door. Towards the elementals he directed, 'There is one here that will help restore you from your injuries soon.

You feel that the elementals are pleased by that news, being in another state than their usual made these static guardians uneasy and that bothered them more than any pain they might be feeling that they did not fully understand.

"We haven't quite secured the house yet, either," he said. "That might be a good place for Miss Jarden to begin. For now I am more concerned with keeping this place from another hit then running down anyone that ran off but we should have a look at least," he mused. "If I might ask about Miss Jarden, is she a vampire?" he asked.

"I agree, securing the building is more important than hunting down any stragglers."
The hedge wizard agreed, he glanced over at Isabella before he nodded.
"Yes Miss Jarden is a vampire...Morningstar rescued her when she ran afoul with her own kind and was about to be executed, my mentor was not pleased given his history with the creatures but over the years she have proven herself to be a loyal and dependable custos, though the Chief keep her on a bit of a short leash. Normally she works in our library assisting our old librarian who is going in and out of Stasis Quiet and are not able to do everything for himself anymore."
He explained.

He nodded and walked inside, gesturing for Jermone to come out and away from earshot a moment so he could ask him something. "I was told there are artifacts here that also need to be secured. I would like you to take care of that, unless you wish to help me with the prisoner first."

"We are all given talismans and wonders to help us in our job, and a big part of our training in how to use our artifacts to the best of our ability, a poor substitute for magick perhaps, but it is better than nothing..."
Jerome said and nodded.
"Very well I should probably get on that and securing the talismans so they can be returned to their rightful owners and beside we do not want the Nephandi to get their hands on them."

Then he went inside and regarded the staked vampire, grabbed something to staunch any blood on him preferably plastic.

The vampire was terrified, pain and fear shone in his eyes as he kept careful watch of your movements and looking quite miserable. You do not find any plastic, you do find some bedsheets though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 pm

"I can go and speak with Jacob right away, ask him if he would not mind having a look at the elementals, it would be wrong to leave them hurt and suffering longer than necessary...though I do not know if they can feel pain like we do."

"Yes, please. I would not like to leave them in their state, unless it could not be helped. Being restored pleases them, though they do not as such feel pain they know something is amiss."

"I agree, securing the building is more important than hunting down any stragglers." The hedge wizard agreed, he glanced over at Isabella before he nodded. "Yes Miss Jarden is a vampire...

"I see, I don't suppose you know which group she was from? Politics are uneasy enough," he sighed.

"Very well I should probably get on that and securing the talismans so they can be returned to their rightful owners and beside we do not want the Nephandi to get their hands on them."

"Exactly. We don't know how they target you all in the first place, either."

The vampire was terrified, pain and fear shone in his eyes as he kept careful watch of your movements and looking quite miserable. You do not find any plastic, you do find some bedsheets though.

He took the sheet or something else thicker and then moved towards the vampire, looking over at Hayden a moment with a nod for him to start to get ready. To the prisoner, he explained, "You are going to be restrained. Then I am going to remove the stake and then we will have a little talk. Try to control yourself as much as you can. Blink if you understand."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 7:46 pm

"Yes, please. I would not like to leave them in their state, unless it could not be helped. Being restored pleases them, though they do not as such feel pain they know something is amiss."

"I will talk with him right away."
The tall gray haired man said and headed towards the washroom to grab a hold of the Tytalus, soon he came back out with the handsome, young looking man he had called Jacob. The Tytalus gave you a nod then he sat down on the floor and put his hands against the concrete and begun to whisper in Coptic, as he worked you could feel the Umbroods getting more content, more pleased with the situation.

"I see, I don't suppose you know which group she was from? Politics are uneasy enough," he sighed.

Johnson sigh.
"She is Tremere, though cast out from the Clan."
He said.
"I know she can be hard to trust...given her background, but she have never done anything to make us doubt her."

"Exactly. We don't know how they target you all in the first place, either."

Jerome frowned at that.
"You do have a good point there Sodalis, I think I will hurry with my task, if you will excuse me."
He said and hurried out of the wash room to find the talismans, wonders and artifacts.

He took the sheet or something else thicker and then moved towards the vampire, looking over at Hayden a moment with a nod for him to start to get ready.

Hayden gave a nod back he lifted his wand and drew a few symbols in the air and muttered some words in Latin as he readied his rote to hold the monster.

To the prisoner, he explained, "You are going to be restrained. Then I am going to remove the stake and then we will have a little talk. Try to control yourself as much as you can. Blink if you understand."

The vampire looked at you with terror in his eyes, he was a tall but thin man with a sharp face and intelligent gray eyes, his hair was the color of brown mouse fur, his nose was long and thin and he was wearing a brown turtle neck sweater, jeans and long tan coat. After a few moment he blinked several times.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 pm

"I will talk with him right away." The tall gray haired man said and headed towards the washroom to grab a hold of the Tytalus, soon he came back out with the handsome, young looking man he had called Jacob.

"Thank you," he said with a nod. He watched as he came out and the Tytalus got to his task. Soon enough he could tell in turn that the Elementals were less distressed by their situation.

"She is Tremere, though cast out from the Clan." He said. "I know she can be hard to trust...given her background, but she have never done anything to make us doubt her."

He frowned. "It concerns me that if the Tremere do not know she is with your chantry, this prisoner has seen her." Morningstar seemed to have a good deal of ties to the vampires. Perhaps such was inevitable in Chicago but it complicated things.

"You do have a good point there Sodalis, I think I will hurry with my task, if you will excuse me." He said and hurried out of the wash room to find the talismans, wonders and artifacts.

"Be careful," he said with a nod to him. "If you can, find someone to go with you."

The vampire looked at you with terror in his eyes, he was a tall but thin man with a sharp face and intelligent gray eyes, his hair was the color of brown mouse fur, his nose was long and thin and he was wearing a brown turtle neck sweater, jeans and long tan coat. After a few moment he blinked several times.

"I apologize for the pain this will cause. Ready yourself," he said, wrapping his hand in cloth. He waited until Hayden's rote was firmly in place to bolster the chains. Then he went to remove the stake, wary of any of the blood getting on them and moving back as quickly as he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

He frowned. "It concerns me that if the Tremere do not know she is with your chantry, this prisoner has seen her." Morningstar seemed to have a good deal of ties to the vampires. Perhaps such was inevitable in Chicago but it complicated things.

"Hum...that might put her in danger yes...that was a mistake."
The hedge wizard said sounding concerned.
"I do not know if the other vampires know where Miss Jarden is, I have always assumed we have kept her safe by being to big to be worth attacking but that might have been hubris speaking."
He said and sigh.
"Dammit."

"Be careful," he said with a nod to him. "If you can, find someone to go with you."

The Mercere nodded.
"I will do so, you be careful as well Mr Roth Hicks."
He said as before he left the room.

"I apologize for the pain this will cause. Ready yourself," he said, wrapping his hand in cloth. He waited until Hayden's rote was firmly in place to bolster the chains. Then he went to remove the stake, wary of any of the blood getting on them and moving back as quickly as he could.

The vampire kept his eyes on you, looking scared as you prepared to pull the stake out. Hayden gave you a nod and you saw the monster's limbs be pressed against the washer he was chained to. Kristina's thin, well made stake was easier to get out than the rather thick, hastily made stick you had used on Lenoe, and the damage to the sniper's chest was far less grotesque, even so the man screamed as you removed the stake, he grit his teeth together and hyperventilated, though that probably did nothing for him and was only out of old habit, his body strained against the restraints as he fought the pain, though he did not seam to loose his mind like Lenoe had done, finally the vampire relaxed, he let out a pained groan and muttered.
"Fuck...that...hurt!"
He muttered to no one in particular before he finally fixed his eyes on you though he quickly looked away, as if he was not used to looking into someone's eyes and made an effort to avoid it, he did eye that stake fearfully though.
"Are you going to kill me?"
He asked and glanced at you again with fear in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 pm

"I do not know if the other vampires know where Miss Jarden is, I have always assumed we have kept her safe by being to big to be worth attacking but that might have been hubris speaking." He said and sigh. "Dammit."

"Not just her but the chantry. We don't need any more reasons for the Tremere to hate us right now or put a hit out. Do try to find out what her status is, if you can, see what she says." Well, shit. Ironically, he did not 'like' the vampire helper for no reason to do with the fact that she was a vampire, as the Chief might have supposed but for the potential issues caused by her being an ex-Tremere. "I don't have the ability myself, or know if it could be done but perhaps it is possible to remove memory of her from him."

"Fuck...that...hurt!" He muttered to no one in particular before he finally fixed his eyes on you though he quickly looked away, as if he was not used to looking into someone's eyes and made an effort to avoid it, he did eye that stake fearfully though. "Are you going to kill me?

"We haven't so far," he said, carefully taking the stake and moving it from his main view. "We'd like to ask you some questions about the Nephandi and their matters with your kind, Mr...?. Those are the magii that you came here with..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 16, 2016 9:48 pm

"Not just her but the chantry. We don't need any more reasons for the Tremere to hate us right now or put a hit out. Do try to find out what her status is, if you can, see what she says."

"Agreed...I will have a talk with Miss Jarden, I should anyway bring this discussion to her, as a hedge wizard in the Traditions I have had more than enough of being talked about as if I where not there, I do not want to turn around and do the same to a custos."
Johnson said and nodded.
"I will have a talk with her right away."

Well, shit. Ironically, he did not 'like' the vampire helper for no reason to do with the fact that she was a vampire, as the Chief might have supposed but for the potential issues caused by her being an ex-Tremere. "I don't have the ability myself, or know if it could be done but perhaps it is possible to remove memory of her from him."

"Again I will have to speak with Jacob about that, his mentor is an Archmage of Mind so chances are he knows a trick or two in that department."
The tall, gray haired man said.
"It would be practical if he did."

"We haven't so far," he said, carefully taking the stake and moving it from his main view.

"Good point."
The vampire muttered, he visibly relaxed once the stake was out of view though he was still quite frightened, he was not in a good situation.

"We'd like to ask you some questions about the Nephandi and their matters with your kind, Mr...?. Those are the magii that you came here with..."

"My name is Nate Vincent...ok but I really do not know very much about them. I was sent here to work with them, I did not even know what they where called before you mentioned it."
The vampire said.
"And now you know my name, what is yours? And are you a mage to...I assume the one playing with...ehm gravity are one?"

(OOC: I might be a bit slow with replies tomorrow, it is Norway's national day and I will be celebrating with my family, but I will reply as quickly as I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 16, 2016 10:23 pm

"Agreed...I will have a talk with Miss Jarden, I should anyway bring this discussion to her, as a hedge wizard in the Traditions I have had more than enough of being talked about as if I where not there, I do not want to turn around and do the same to a custos." Johnson said and nodded. "I will have a talk with her right away."
"Again I will have to speak with Jacob about that, his mentor is an Archmage of Mind so chances are he knows a trick or two in that department." The tall, gray haired man said. "It would be practical if he did."

"Thank you very much," he said to Johnson. He left the man to try to settle the new complications, casting a look at Jacob for a moment as he walked over to join the others in the other room.

"My name is Nate Vincent...ok but I really do not know very much about them. I was sent here to work with them, I did not even know what they where called before you mentioned it." The vampire said. "And now you know my name, what is yours? And are you a mage to...I assume the one playing with...ehm gravity are one?"

"You can call me Theodore for now, Mr Vincent. I assume you are a Tremere? Were you sent by your group's leader?" he began. "The Nephandi are not good news to any of us, Mr Vincent. They tend to use people and use them very poorly at that, whatever your kind are involved in will not go well with their hands in the mix, not in the end. Can tell us anything about what you might have overheard, plans that they had for why they came here with you or for later, perhaps? Names you may have heard or spoken about..."

// Have a good time : ) Happy holiday.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 am

Colin smiled to Francesca, "She finally fell asleep, but I don't think leaving her the warm milk will hurt any."

He nodded to Dan, "Grim indeed - the Fallen have a nasty habit of threatening someone dear to whoever they try to recruit to get them into the caul of their own volition... It's vile, but effective."
He shrugged, "I don't know... The girl, Enrichtho was her name, ran off to warn her master of the Nephandi's treacherous ways... and I managed to convince Tian to make his escape rather than blow my head off. As far as I know, they are still at large."
He smiled, "Anything you can do, hmmm? I'll keep that in mind. For certain, I expect to have some fairly valuable goods shipped around in the foreseeable future; having the personal word of a Mercere above and beyond the normal guarantees of the House could be a precious thing indeed."
He shook his head, "Really, we rather had to come to your rescue - we would be a poor excuse for Magi if we merely left you to your own devices in the face of the Fallen."
He frowned, "It's hardly an odd question, once you specify the context. No, I'm afraid I didn't see any chickens while I was at the post office... I'm given to understand the cleanup crew has yet to return, so they likely know the answer to that."
He pondered for a moment, "I'll make sure someone comes by when they return - at this point, they will either be knee-deep in fallout, or on the way back; either way it's not something I'd be comfortable going into detail about over the phone."

((OOC: Ah, yes, May 17th, when parents of schoolkids are "volunteered" around the country to help with logistics surrounding the celebrations, said schoolkids gorge themselves on hot dogs and popsicles, and half the country marches in parades while the other half stands on the sidelines watching... Might be bothered to go outside for that... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 am

Friday:
I look at her straight in the eyes, to see why she was blushed, but he was puzzled, in adition to amused.

Saturday:

Are you telling me you think this is the avatar of someone shred to threads and in the midle of our worlds? He said grinning Well... then let's have a look at it. Could you all leave us alone?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 17, 2016 6:40 am

Adley:

"Thank you very much," he said to Johnson. He left the man to try to settle the new complications, casting a look at Jacob for a moment as he walked over to join the others in the other room.

Johnson nodded back. Jacob was still working with the Umbroods, his soft voice murmuring Coptic works as his magick was created, as he restored the two spirits to their former glory.

"You can call me Theodore for now, Mr Vincent. I assume you are a Tremere?

"Oh I wish I was Mr Theodore, if I had a Clan I would probably not be in this situation."
The vampire muttered and glanced up at you.

Were you sent by your group's leader?" he began. "The Nephandi are not good news to any of us, Mr Vincent. They tend to use people and use them very poorly at that,

"Yeah...I was sent by the leader of the Tremere in the city, some kid, well Embraced as a kid, and as for being used poorly, I am used to that, I am Caitiff. Listen I did not want to try to harm any of you, I do not want to hurt anyone, but when I was offered a sweet deal I had no choice but to accept it, I do want to live Mr Theodore."

whatever your kind are involved in will not go well with their hands in the mix, not in the end. Can tell us anything about what you might have overheard, plans that they had for why they came here with you or for later, perhaps? Names you may have heard or spoken about..."

"De did not sit down and explain their plan to me Mr Theodore, I was given tasks, I performed them. Names there where some, there where this big guy, nasty disposition they called him Gabriel, and the woman I think was Warden, there where another of my kind her but she ran away, I never got her name...there where this kind kid called Tian but all the others treated him like shit, typical...let me see, they seamed to report back to someone they called Abigail...and they mentioned they where after some old remains, some hair or some shit in a package, the remains of a guy with this really strange name I do not even know how to pronounce...and that is really all I know, I was told to keep watch from to top floors and I did, end of story."

Colin:

Colin smiled to Francesca, "She finally fell asleep, but I don't think leaving her the warm milk will hurt any."

"Ah good...I will do that then."
Francesca said and smiles.
"If you will excuse me Mr Wainwright."
She said and went into the infirmary to leave the milk for Freddy.

He nodded to Dan, "Grim indeed - the Fallen have a nasty habit of threatening someone dear to whoever they try to recruit to get them into the caul of their own volition... It's vile, but effective."

"I have heard that they do that yes...they are all like terrible boogiemen to me, and from what I saw they certainly live up to their reputation."
Dan said in a grim tone of voice.

He shrugged, "I don't know... The girl, Enrichtho was her name, ran off to warn her master of the Nephandi's treacherous ways... and I managed to convince Tian to make his escape rather than blow my head off. As far as I know, they are still at large."

"Good...I know Tian is a Nephandus, but given what we do to them, I am sort of glad he did not get caught."
The boy said and smiles.

He smiled, "Anything you can do, hmmm? I'll keep that in mind. For certain, I expect to have some fairly valuable goods shipped around in the foreseeable future; having the personal word of a Mercere above and beyond the normal guarantees of the House could be a precious thing indeed."

"I will be glad to help out, provided my mentor will let me, I am still and apprentice you know, but if he allow me to go I would be happy to deliver your goods for you Sir."
Dan said and smiles.

He shook his head, "Really, we rather had to come to your rescue - we would be a poor excuse for Magi if we merely left you to your own devices in the face of the Fallen."

"Well I certainly do apprentice it Sir."
The boy said and gave you a smile.

He frowned, "It's hardly an odd question, once you specify the context. No, I'm afraid I didn't see any chickens while I was at the post office... I'm given to understand the cleanup crew has yet to return, so they likely know the answer to that."

"Thank you Sir, I will have to ask them then."
Dan said and nodded.

He pondered for a moment, "I'll make sure someone comes by when they return - at this point, they will either be knee-deep in fallout, or on the way back; either way it's not something I'd be comfortable going into detail about over the phone."

"Thank you. And I agree, sometime the Union can overhear phone calls, it is best to be careful."
Dan said and when he spoke about the Technocracy his eyes darkened and he got a haunted look.
"Yes indeed it is best to be careful."

(OOC: I tend to stand on the sidelines and scare the locals, there are not many Goths in my home town. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 am

Friday:

Henrietta gave you a bit of a smile, but her expression betrayed nothing of why she was flushed.
"Well ehm...in either case...have you had lunch Tane?"
She asked to change the subject.
"I could show you where the kitchen are."

Saturday:

"Yes, I do believe what hit me is a part of an Avatar Mr Karyak."
The Deaconess said in a serious tone of voice.
"But I do hope that I am wrong."
She added. The others in the room looked hesitant but when she nodded they did leave you alone with the middle aged woman, she looks at you and gave you a nervous smile.
"What method do you use, to see spirits Mr Karyak?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 am

"Oh I wish I was Mr Theodore, if I had a Clan I would probably not be in this situation." The vampire muttered and glanced up at you.
"Yeah...I was sent by the leader of the Tremere in the city, some kid, well Embraced as a kid, and as for being used poorly, I am used to that, I am Caitiff. Listen I did not want to try to harm any of you, I do not want to hurt anyone, but when I was offered a sweet deal I had no choice but to accept it, I do want to live Mr Theodore."

"I see. Ah, well perhaps that's not quite so. There was another vampire, wasn't there. Did you know them?" The more he found out about vampire hierarchy, the more he could relate it to his own to an extent. Maybe caitiffs were like orphans, in some ways. At least socially. "What was this 'sweet deal' they offered? Can you talk about that? As I said, sweet deals concerning the Nephandi do tend to spoil and sour, even if they are indirect."

"De did not sit down and explain their plan to me Mr Theodore...and that is really all I know, I was told to keep watch from to top floors and I did, end of story."

"Hmm...no I don't expect they did Mr Vincent. But when one is thought to be 'lesser' then they are overlooked. Things are said in front of them. The path you took to get here, do you happen to know where you started off?" he asked, mulling over the implications of the package. Sending bits of human remains through the mail, that Abigail wanted. "This name of his...when you say you do not even know how to pronounce it, is it because it sounds...well, rather like feral cats being put through a meatgrinder and played backwards? Inhuman and wrong, something you -cannot- replicate or...just a strange name, that you could give a try at but probably make a bit of an embarrassment of?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 17, 2016 9:42 am

Colin nodded to Dan, "Well, I wish you the best of luck onward, and Wolfgang a speedy recovery. I need to rejoin my group now."
Then he headed back outside - again - and made for the room the group had been given for the duration of the visit.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next