Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 4 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:59 am

Colin smiled to Mark, "Capital; I don't know where Flamingo is myself, but I rather need to consult with the Deaconess there."

"Daisy Darnell? Yes I know her, she is a nice woman, life have not been kind to her though, and seeing her...ehm...do you know about her issue, she can be rather shocking to see if you are not prepared for it for she sort of is a well...HIT-Mark...though on our side..."
Mark said and looked at you to see if this information would disturb you.

He nodded, "Precisely; it seems Steelhaven Hall has decided to find itself in the eye of the storm, as it were... it's rather a long and convoluted chain of events.

"Hum...well there is a reason why may you live in interesting time is considered a curse."
The young man said as he begun to walk towards the garage.
"But then when one end up in the thick of things one also get the chance to change things and make things better, make a difference you know, something one often do not get the chance to do on a safe path.

And yes, I meant functional as in Foci, like mine," he added, raising his left hand to display his signet ring,

"Oh nice that is a beautiful ring."
Mark said as he glanced over at your ring seaming quite impressed.
"But no these are just bling. I am a member of the Hollow Ones, but I learned most of my magick myself so I use a trading card game for my foci, that and spells from roleplaying manuals. Yes I know that sounds odd and would probably give the Hermetics a headache but it works for me. I hope you do not mind Mr Wainwright."

"I would generally not recommend punching people with silver rings, though... you would want some sort of rail across all the fingers for that, something that would actually protect your knucles."

"Yeah...well a good thing I do not have a habit of hitting people then. The only time I have punched anyone since I became an adult was when a creeper tried to take advantage of my apprentice when she was in Quiet, and I felt quite justified in that...though yes I had to have one of the witches take a look at my hand afterwards so yeah it probably was not such a great idea."
Mark said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 4 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I have been amply informed, yes. I actually met a quite agreeable HIT-Mark earlier today; nice fellow, helped me rescue a child from being traded to a vampire. Renegade from the Union, of course; we'd likely have had somewhat more of a strained meeting otherwise, but... well, I've seen some of the Terminator movies; I think I know pretty much what to expect visually..."
He nodded, "May you live in interesting times, may you have everything you wish for, and may powerful people notice you... I'm familiar with the curse; it's rather a poetic one, damning one with good luck. Of course, it originated in China, when a life of ease was considered severely detrimental to one's personal growth."
He smiled, "Thank you; I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Professional silversmith, you know how it is with pride and standards..."
He snickered, "Well, you won't hear any condemnation from me for your methods. I'm an Orphan, myself, and learned the ways of magic from the fantasy section of Waterstones and Barnes & Noble. I know all too well how to give Hermetics headaches."
He nodded, "As a practical compromise, if you need to strike someone, I'd suggest using the heel of the hand instead - put less stress on the fingerbones. Hum... you have an apprentice? Then you formally outrank me, it seems. Shall we, Sir?"
He turned and sauntered toward the garage.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I have been amply informed, yes. I actually met a quite agreeable HIT-Mark earlier today; nice fellow, helped me rescue a child from being traded to a vampire. Renegade from the Union, of course; we'd likely have had somewhat more of a strained meeting otherwise, but... well, I've seen some of the Terminator movies; I think I know pretty much what to expect visually..."

"Yes...hum...I guess she would not actually be a HiT-Mark but more of a cyborg but I do think they tried to make her into one...well in either case, you know what to expect Mr Wainwright...good."
The Hollow One said and nodded.
"I mean it would be rather rude to see her and then run away screaming or try to shoot her...not that I am claiming you would do so, I am just saying."

He nodded, "May you live in interesting times, may you have everything you wish for, and may powerful people notice you... I'm familiar with the curse; it's rather a poetic one, damning one with good luck. Of course, it originated in China, when a life of ease was considered severely detrimental to one's personal growth."

"Well interesting is not always easy."
Mark said and sigh.
"It is like Master Harris, this Virtual Adept we have here at Morningstar says, he do not want interesting computers, he want boring computers that just works...then again if that is what he wants then he probably should not awaken their spirits constantly and give them names you know...but I am getting of topic."
He said apologetically.

He smiled, "Thank you; I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Professional silversmith, you know how it is with pride and standards..."

"Ah...that is cool."
The Hollow One said and grinned.
"But yes it is a nice ring.

He snickered, "Well, you won't hear any condemnation from me for your methods. I'm an Orphan, myself, and learned the ways of magic from the fantasy section of Waterstones and Barnes & Noble. I know all too well how to give Hermetics headaches."

"Ah interesting, I like fantasy books. But yes I love the look on the more traditional willworkers faces when I roll a set of D&D dice or cast a spell from a deck of cards, but yes whatever works right?"
The young man said as he entered the garage and showed the way to a small, fairly old but well kept black Toyota with a white, plastic skeleton glow in the dark toy hanging from the rear view mirror and the paper wrapping from a fast food meal discarded into the back seat.
"Ehm...sorry about the mess..."
Mark said as he got into the driver's seat.

He nodded, "As a practical compromise, if you need to strike someone, I'd suggest using the heel of the hand instead - put less stress on the fingerbones.

"Hum...thank you I will have to try to remember that for the next time I need to teach some knuckle head to respect the boundaries of others."

Hum... you have an apprentice? Then you formally outrank me, it seems. Shall we, Sir?"

"Yes well more inherited, you see Holowers usually train our young in groups, so there are no formal Mentor but rather a Cabal taking care of a young mage, well Nancy's former Cabal tossed her out to fend for herself a few months after her Awakening and since I was ranked as an Adept last year I took her in, I mean I could not just leave her, Orphans left to themselves have a very high chance of being picked of by our enemies or just get themselves into some sort of trouble."
Mark said as he put the car in gear and drove out of the garage.
"Now let us see there should not be to much traffic this late in the evening..."
He muttered to himself as he contemplated which road to take.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Colin nodded and winked, "I know how that feels... Oddly, mothers do that more than children. Well, the screaming and running away part, at least, not the shooting..."
He grinned, "Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL... Yes, I can imagine Master Harris would get frustrated by willful machinery..."
He frowned, "Wait, it's not a regular poker-type deck of cards, but something like that Magical Gathering game, or what it's called again? That must be awkward if you find the need to replace the deck... but absolutely, whatever works."
He slipped into the passenger seat, "Ah, don't worry about it, I've seen worse... Air Force ground crew seems to consistently not notice where they drop things so long as it can't get onto the runway or into the engine parts, so the oddest things resurface when they undertake a quarterly cleaning... I believe the RAF has patent applications for three different antibiotic fungi going."
He leaned back, "Well, I myself only got ranked Initiate this week... Twenty-five years a Mage, and that never seemed urgent before. And then I go and have an epiphany about a different Sphere the same week, needing another ranking. Bit of a bother, really... and yes, I was lucky to find a few other Magi who could point me to other shelters, in a manner of speaking, before I eventually came to America and settled down before I got caught by, well, other unpleasant factions."
He glanced out the window at the mostly empty streets, "I'll trust your navigation skills; I'm not familiar with this city, so... lead the way, Mr. Jennings."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Colin nodded and winked, "I know how that feels... Oddly, mothers do that more than children. Well, the screaming and running away part, at least, not the shooting..."

"Oh...I am so sorry I hope I did not hurt your feelings Mr Wainwright..."
Mark said and sounded apologetic.
"If you allow me to say so through your appearance is hardly enough to make someone want to run away, I mean I...well I am putting my foot in my mouth it seams."
He said and sigh.

He grinned, "Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL... Yes, I can imagine Master Harris would get frustrated by willful machinery..."

"Yeah you could hear him grumble at time when walking past the computer room."
Mark said and grinned.

He frowned, "Wait, it's not a regular poker-type deck of cards, but something like that Magical Gathering game, or what it's called again? That must be awkward if you find the need to replace the deck... but absolutely, whatever works."

"That is the one yes."
The Hollow one said and patted the deck in his pocket.
"No that generally is not a problem, replacing cards can be done at hobby stores and if they do not have what I need there is always ebay."
He said and smiles.

He slipped into the passenger seat, "Ah, don't worry about it, I've seen worse... Air Force ground crew seems to consistently not notice where they drop things so long as it can't get onto the runway or into the engine parts, so the oddest things resurface when they undertake a quarterly cleaning... I believe the RAF has patent applications for three different antibiotic fungi going."

"Yeah I should be more tidy but I guess we all have our flaws."
Mark said as he sigh and turned the car down one road heading in towards the main part of Chicago.
"You where in the airforce then? That is quite interesting."

He leaned back, "Well, I myself only got ranked Initiate this week... Twenty-five years a Mage, and that never seemed urgent before. And then I go and have an epiphany about a different Sphere the same week, needing another ranking. Bit of a bother, really... and yes, I was lucky to find a few other Magi who could point me to other shelters, in a manner of speaking, before I eventually came to America and settled down before I got caught by, well, other unpleasant factions."

"I was lucky, a good Cabal trained me giving me an advantage other Orphans often do not have, and once I was initiated I was given a a place at this Chantry, it is not lost on me just how lucky I have been."
The young Hollow One said then he nodded.
"Hum two rankings in one week it seams your magickal development have sped up then, that can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it."
He said and nodded.

He glanced out the window at the mostly empty streets, "I'll trust your navigation skills; I'm not familiar with this city, so... lead the way, Mr. Jennings."

"I am thinking we will go towards downtown and then head of towards the east, that should be the quickest when there is little traffic."
Mark said as he focused on the road.
"And please do feel free to call me Mark, I am not the most formal person in the world."
He said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Colin grinned, "Don't worry, I just like tweaking people a little. If I can't hide my scars, I might as well laugh at them."
He pondered, "I suppose it would be possible to print new ones as well, if necessary. I expect both the images and the cardbacks are available on the internet."
He nodded, "RAF, first time you Americans dragged us into Iraq. My tour of duty was rather pointedly cut short when I took a stinger missile to the face. Not something I would recommend, mind - there are easier ways to get out of the military, and certainly less painful... but that was when I Awakened. Earned some scars and a few bits of polished metal, and a quite comfortable pension, in fact - enough to open up a small shop in Boston, after a few years."
He shrugged, "It took me a quarter century and a Seeking before I figured out the basics of outright quintessence manipulation - but I've always known how to tamper with chance. It was just the formality that was taken care of this week - and now I'll need another, just after I got the paperwork for the first one done."
He nodded, "Very well, Mark. Are you perchance relying on distance-tweaking magic?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Colin grinned, "Don't worry, I just like tweaking people a little. If I can't hide my scars, I might as well laugh at them."

"Ah...very good then. Well I guess that indeed, if you can not hide something own it right?"
Mark said and gave you a bit of an uncertain smile.

He pondered, "I suppose it would be possible to print new ones as well, if necessary. I expect both the images and the cardbacks are available on the internet."

"Well if I ever come to the point where no one play the game anymore so the cards get impossible to find then I can get crafty in some way and make or copy new ones, or train myself to use another foci, they are just tools right?"
Mark said and nodded.
"As of yet though they are available rathe readily."

He nodded, "RAF, first time you Americans dragged us into Iraq. My tour of duty was rather pointedly cut short when I took a stinger missile to the face. Not something I would recommend, mind - there are easier ways to get out of the military, and certainly less painful... but that was when I Awakened. Earned some scars and a few bits of polished metal, and a quite comfortable pension, in fact - enough to open up a small shop in Boston, after a few years."

"That do sound uncomfortable, then again I suppose the missile feels worse, it sort of failed it's one job."
Mark said with a bit of a grin.
"That is certainly quite a way to Awaken though."
He said then he nodded.
"A small shop? Ah yes you are a silversmith? Well that is more exiting than I who work as a secretary at a dentist's office."

He shrugged, "It took me a quarter century and a Seeking before I figured out the basics of outright quintessence manipulation - but I've always known how to tamper with chance. It was just the formality that was taken care of this week - and now I'll need another, just after I got the paperwork for the first one done."

"Hum...well perhaps you have never really needed more powerful magick before now? I mean our Avatars tend to give us what we need to walk the paths they want us to, and just what we need at that."
Mark said then he grinned again.
"Well paperwork is always fun."

He nodded, "Very well, Mark. Are you perchance relying on distance-tweaking magic?"

"Right now? No I am relaying on knowing the fastest road over to Flamingo by having living in Chicago all my life and knowing the street layouts. If you are asking generally then again no like you I tend to be lucky, and other than that I tend to use what the Hermetics call Forces and Prime."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Colin nodded, "Pretty much."
He pondered for a moment, "So now I start wondering what would happen if you found a template to design your own cards... Certainly, the tool is only worth as much as you believe in it, I guess. If I didn't place any stock in the usefulness of the classical trappings of a wizard - circles, wands, staves, rings of power, that sort of thing - who knows what tools I might be using instead. And I'll gladly acknowledge that availability for repairs and improvements is a very beneficial trait. A tool which cannot be duplicated or replaced becomes rather a liability; just ask Sauron."
He smiled, "I hadn't thought of that aspect of it... I'd hate to learn some sadistic bastard had started Awakening rockets - that just sounds dickish on every level. So much for the Three Laws of Robotics, hmm?"
He grinned, "I suppose restoring an old Diedne sickle is a bit more glamorous than filing the dental x-rays for old Mrs. Clarke... On the other hand, I presume you have a steady salary, not dependent on a fluctuating clientele."
He snorted in amusement, "Paperwork, fun... Spoken like a true secretary."
He nodded, "A flexible combination, then... Hm, well, if you don't mind, I'll meditate a bit on the way. I have a few things to contemplate, including the most practical way to dispose of a stockpile of tainted tass."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:22 pm

He pondered for a moment, "So now I start wondering what would happen if you found a template to design your own cards... Certainly, the tool is only worth as much as you believe in it, I guess. If I didn't place any stock in the usefulness of the classical trappings of a wizard - circles, wands, staves, rings of power, that sort of thing - who knows what tools I might be using instead. And I'll gladly acknowledge that availability for repairs and improvements is a very beneficial trait. A tool which cannot be duplicated or replaced becomes rather a liability; just ask Sauron."

"Well for me I need tools that get my imagination going as it is from that I draw my magick. I do think that while I like this game and it is easy for me to imagine the effects I want to cast using it, I can always find something else to do the job should I need to. No indeed I have little desire to tie myself down to own unique foci that can never be replaced."
The young man said then he gave a giggle.
"Yeah the Sauron issue, one of the reasons I am very happy I do not have a phylactery, because that really sucks, especially when some asshole toss it into a volcano."

He smiled, "I hadn't thought of that aspect of it... I'd hate to learn some sadistic bastard had started Awakening rockets - that just sounds dickish on every level. So much for the Three Laws of Robotics, hmm?"

"Ha that reminds me of this old science fiction movie about the crew on a space ship and their self aware bomb that just want to explode...Dark Star, it is absolutely stupid but can be fun non the less."

He grinned, "I suppose restoring an old Diedne sickle is a bit more glamorous than filing the dental x-rays for old Mrs. Clarke... On the other hand, I presume you have a steady salary, not dependent on a fluctuating clientele."

"I do have a steady salary and benefits and on slow days I usually have time to do some reading during office hours so I am not complaining, it is a good job, but no glamorous it is not."
The Hollow One said and smiles.
"But I can't complain."

He snorted in amusement, "Paperwork, fun... Spoken like a true secretary."

"Well at least the paperwork within the bureaucracy of the Traditions are allot more interesting and frustrating than x-tay databases and check up appointments."

He nodded, "A flexible combination, then... Hm, well, if you don't mind, I'll meditate a bit on the way. I have a few things to contemplate, including the most practical way to dispose of a stockpile of tainted tass."

"Put it in a cake, then send that cake to someone you do not like and watch them develop Jhor."
Mark said with a wry grin.
"Yes off course, we will be there in give or take seven minutes."
He said and then let you meditate in peace while he kept his eyes on the road and his mind on driving the car.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite understandable attitude... My ring is a simple design; while it is unique, it's hardly irreplaceable. Same with my wand, twisted thing that it is. Hum... I suppose a phylactery does have its uses, depending on what it is - I know of one being built that will be glorious to see in flight, and I understand there's one Mage who somehow has ended up with the better part of the city as his... Oh, and by the way, that deck of yours... The top card is a one red and X Fireball... What that means, I don't know, but that's the top card."
He smiled thinly, "Dark Star... I'm afraid I missed that one. But then, I always was more inclined to the fantasy side of things. Star Wars counts as that, though."
He hemmed and leaned back, "Actually, more like set up a fairly high-powered continuous damage spell that eats the tass and turns it into primal flame... I may be the only Mage around who can pull that off without getting Jhor. Well, I taught Master Harris the basics of it, but I don't know if he'd be inclined to try a stunt like that."
He closed his eyes and thought, thinking... An autonomous turret would be an efficient way to burn off the tass, or the quintessence from the Fallen's Nodes quickly and to tactical effect, but there'd need to be some targeting involved... a way to avoid hitting the friendlies, to be precise... The vampires and Nephandi had some tokens to make the Aegis and the deadly ward ignore them, Kristina had showed that personal Resonance could be copied to a held item... His business cards were personal items of which he had dozens in his pocket; he could infuse them with his personal Resonance for a while, and have the turret shoot at anyone not carrying one... That should work... it really should...
Several minutes later, he opened his eyes, smiling, "I think I've got it worked out, then. Are we far from the chantry?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:03 pm

"Yes indeed it do seam they made it back safely, thank goodness." Isabella said and the Chief nodded.
"None have told the Lady but she knows." Was all he said. You see Adjan talk with the group of Orphans for a moment, perhaps trying to get a clearer view of the situation.

"Very well then, if you don't mind I will give my regards to them and Isabella can stay, perhaps with my chantrymate there, while she arrives? Are we keeping them here in the hall for now?"

// yeah they're not really, nor is the 'hangover' after when you don't even get the fun of the night before xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Quite understandable attitude... My ring is a simple design; while it is unique, it's hardly irreplaceable. Same with my wand, twisted thing that it is.

Mark nodded at that.
"Yeah for me as well I have items I like to use, and will probably use until they fall apart on me, but once that happens or if they become lost I will simply replace them."
He commented.

Hum... I suppose a phylactery does have its uses, depending on what it is - I know of one being built that will be glorious to see in flight, and I understand there's one Mage who somehow has ended up with the better part of the city as his... Oh, and by the way, that deck of yours... The top card is a one red and X Fireball... What that means, I don't know, but that's the top card."

"Yes there is this guy, pretty powerful to, he have the spiritual representation of Chicago as his Avatar, he can not do shit if he leaves the city limits but as long as he is here well, he can kick some ass."
The Hollow One sand and nodded.
"A Umbra Ship Avatar? Now that is pretty cool actually."
He took a turn to the left and put his hand in his pocket and pulled up a small card that showed a painting of a large ball of flame and smoke that was scorching a field and the Hollow One nodded.
"It seams you are right indeed...oh and what the X means is the points cost for playing the card...interesting some from of divination?"
He said and put the card back into his pocket.

He smiled thinly, "Dark Star... I'm afraid I missed that one. But then, I always was more inclined to the fantasy side of things. Star Wars counts as that, though."

"Yeah Star Wars are more in the swords and spaceships genre which is a type of fantasy. I to prefer fantasy over science fiction but I will generally like anything fantastical. Dark Star is fun though, if you like a bit of morbid humor."

He hemmed and leaned back, "Actually, more like set up a fairly high-powered continuous damage spell that eats the tass and turns it into primal flame... I may be the only Mage around who can pull that off without getting Jhor. Well, I taught Master Harris the basics of it, but I don't know if he'd be inclined to try a stunt like that."

"Now that do sounds impressive."
The Hollower said and grinned.
"That actually sounds like it can get quite explosive, how do you avoid Jhor though? Well...never mind I ask to many questions I should let you focus on your meditation."
He said apologetically.

Several minutes later, he opened his eyes, smiling, "I think I've got it worked out, then. Are we far from the chantry?"

"I am glad to hear it...no it is that house over there."
Mark said and took one hand of the wheel to point at an old, and worn two floors villa. You where now in a mid range residential area housing mostly working class families. You see a group of high school aged girls walking down the street and giggling and an elderly gentleman was out walking a little white terrier. Your Hollow One driver stopped the car next to the villa's fence.
"There is a small parking lot for the block just around the corner, but I think we should be fine just parking here." He said and stepped out of the car.

In front of the white villa you see a young girl in her mid twenties wearing a dark hoodie and well worn black jeans, her hair where jaw length and dank and she had a board expression in her dark blue eyes, she did stand up and paid more attention when a car pulled up next to the villa though, probably the young woman was on guard duty outside of the Chantry, she seamed to relax when she saw Mark though and inclined her head to him.
"Daria...hello."
Mark said and waited for you to get out of the car and then lead the way into the yard of the villa and stopped before the board looking young woman.
"This is Colin Wainwright he is a guest over at Morningstar and had some business here."
He said and the girl named Daria grunted her approval.
"Yeah...yeah..."
She muttered then looked at you.
"Hi."
Was all she said to you.

Adley:

"Very well then, if you don't mind I will give my regards to them and Isabella can stay, perhaps with my chantrymate there, while she arrives? Are we keeping them here in the hall for now?"

Joakim nodded.
"As you will...no I was thinking we bring them to the dining hall, it is comfortable and have chairs and the possibility to get them a cup of tea and coffee, I want them checked out before letting them run loose on the Chantry but I will be a good host non the less."
He said.
"Let us go and get them to a place they can sit and you can give them your regards before we heard to the ritual room my student have set up for you."
The Security Chief said as he headed towards the trio of women.

(OOC: Yeah that do sound bothersome. I hope you get better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Colin smiled, "Divination? Not quite... it's just a small trick, a knack - I can always tell what the next card drawn, or the next die roll will be. It's less useful than you might think, unless I were planning to clean up at a Blackjack table or something. And that would be exceptionally inconvenient, I suppose, since the casinos have a tendency to warn one another."
He grinned, "Well, I'm English. We are quite capable of morbid comedy, though I'll allow the Irish are better at it."
He shrugged, "It's actually a simple trick - I don't process the tass through my Avatar, I process it through whatever spell I'm fueling it directly into. It certainly colours the spell; a blade of primal fire looks like a pus-ridden sore in Reality, but it works fine all the same, and the resonated tass is safely disposed of without ill effects. I'll write up the academic work on the rote, since it's a novelty I'll claim credit for, but if you're interested, I'd be glad to teach you sometime after the current crisis."

He stepped out of the car and nodded, "Excellent. Nice neighbourhood, too."
Stepping up to Daria, he bowed slightly, "Good evening, miss. Might I come in? I need to consult with Deaconess Darnell."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:45 pm

Colin smiled, "Divination? Not quite... it's just a small trick, a knack - I can always tell what the next card drawn, or the next die roll will be. It's less useful than you might think, unless I were planning to clean up at a Blackjack table or something. And that would be exceptionally inconvenient, I suppose, since the casinos have a tendency to warn one another."

"Well you would do quite well at a Magic the Gathering tournament then."
Mark said and grinned.
"I generally prefer not to use magick to cheat at games though, unless there is two mages of us playing and we both use our little tricks, that can get quite interesting."

He grinned, "Well, I'm English. We are quite capable of morbid comedy, though I'll allow the Irish are better at it."

"Well what could be better than laughing at death and tragedy."
The Hollow one said with a wry grin
"At least when the tragedy is not real."

He shrugged, "It's actually a simple trick - I don't process the tass through my Avatar, I process it through whatever spell I'm fueling it directly into. It certainly colours the spell; a blade of primal fire looks like a pus-ridden sore in Reality, but it works fine all the same, and the resonated tass is safely disposed of without ill effects. I'll write up the academic work on the rote, since it's a novelty I'll claim credit for, but if you're interested, I'd be glad to teach you sometime after the current crisis."

"Now that do sound quite practical, and yes you should get credit for it if you invented this rote."
He said and nodded.
"I would love to learning providing I can meet your price of instruction, but I guess that is something we can discuss when time permits like you said when this current crisis is over."

He stepped out of the car and nodded, "Excellent. Nice neighbourhood, too."

"Yes it is pretty nice out here."
Mark agreed.

Stepping up to Daria, he bowed slightly, "Good evening, miss. Might I come in? I need to consult with Deaconess Darnell."

Daria regarded Colin for a while, a sullen look in her eyes then eventually she nodded.
"Yeah fine...whatever...you do look like someone who knows how cruel people can be, you are not going to say something to upset her. I will take you to her follow me."
The girl grumbled then turned on her heel and stomped into the house not bothering to stop to see if Colin was following her. Mark sigh and whispered to Colin.
"You have to excuse Daria Mr Wainwright she...is not the best around people."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 pm

"As you will...no I was thinking we bring them to the dining hall, it is comfortable and have chairs and the possibility to get them a cup of tea and coffee, I want them checked out before letting them run loose on the Chantry but I will be a good host non the less." He said. "Let us go and get them to a place they can sit and you can give them your regards before we heard to the ritual room my student have set up for you."

"Actually, hang on...if they've been....mentally compromised in some manner perhaps Miss Isabella should not stay with them, nor even ourselves greet them until they are cleared," he added. He wasn't sure exactly what the woman had overheard on accident but she had been involved in some very sensitive information. "I can call him to stay with them until the Lady arrives, I know you want to be a good host but...well, they might not be vampires, pardon, but eye contact seems key to some mental ars."

// well, this way it will make sense if Colin finds them in the hall as he does rather than the kitchen, also ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:09 am

"Actually, hang on...if they've been....mentally compromised in some manner perhaps Miss Isabella should not stay with them, nor even ourselves greet them until they are cleared," he added. He wasn't sure exactly what the woman had overheard on accident but she had been involved in some very sensitive information.

"Hum...I do not think there is a danger really Mr Roth Hicks but perhaps you are right."
Joakim said and stopped, if the three mages had been compromised then there was always a chance they could get some information from those they had been around.
"Better safe than sorry though I really hate having to be suspicious about everyone."
He said and sigh.

"I can call him to stay with them until the Lady arrives, I know you want to be a good host but...well, they might not be vampires, pardon, but eye contact seems key to some mental ars."

Isabella just gave you a smile.
"Oh nothing to apologize for Sir and yes it do seam many mental powers work like that."

(We will put the scene when Colin came down the stairs and spoke with the Orphans here. If Adley and Joakim waited for Crexia to arrive afterwards then this will happen if not then they will be on their way to the basement by the time the Archmage arrives.)

As you stood talking with Isabella and the Chief you see a small, beautiful woman that looked to be perhaps in her late thirties though it was hard to know for sure, her brown hair was in a neat bun and she wore a long, blue old fashioned dress, there was something about that woman that told you she was used to getting her way and she had an air of authority about her. Chief Joakim bowed when he saw the small, thin woman.
"Archmistress Crexia."
He said respectfully and she inclined her head to him in return.
"Chief Joakim...yes yes I know what you need of me."
She said then she turned to you and inclined her head again and smiled though she did not stop to talk unless you stopped her with something to say, instead she glided down the stairs and walked over to the trio of Orphans and begun speaking with them.
"That Mr Roth Hicks...are the Archmage Crexia."
Joakim said.
"Well shall we continue towards the basement then or did you want to speak with the Orphans?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 am

Colin shrugged, "I might do well at such a tournament, I might not... It's not exactly an ability I can turn off - and knowing what the next card drawn will be gets awful fuzzy if someone is drawing more than one card. Dice, though, are easier, though it's no good for cheating since I can't tell until the roll is committed, as it were. Not much good for cheating at yahtzee, as such..."
He smiled thinly, "If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten, and that's to laugh and dance and smile and sing... There's always tragedy, young man. But there's always comedy as well."
He grinned, "My prices are not unreasonable. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."
He arched an eyebrow and leaned over to Mark, whispering, "Seems rather like an ordinarily grouchy teenager to me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:07 am

Colin shrugged, "I might do well at such a tournament, I might not... It's not exactly an ability I can turn off - and knowing what the next card drawn will be gets awful fuzzy if someone is drawing more than one card. Dice, though, are easier, though it's no good for cheating since I can't tell until the roll is committed, as it were. Not much good for cheating at yahtzee, as such..."

"Well there is even a thing you can get in the game and pay for with points to be able to tell what the next card is but yes there is a limit to it's potential. You still have a rather fun little ability there though Mr Wainwright."
Mark said and grinned.
"Well we all have our little peculiarities."

He smiled thinly, "If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten, and that's to laugh and dance and smile and sing... There's always tragedy, young man. But there's always comedy as well."

Mark nodded at that.
"Yes you are right about that."
He muttered.
"We might as well enjoy life while we have it."

He grinned, "My prices are not unreasonable. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."

Mark grinned a little at your joke then he nodded.
"Well you should get paid for your instruction, it is hard enough for an Orphan to get ahead, I mean I have been very lucky, there are so many who are struggeling so if you have something that other mages will pay for, make sure you get paid."
He advised.

He arched an eyebrow and leaned over to Mark, whispering, "Seems rather like an ordinarily grouchy teenager to me."

"Well at least she got the grouchy part down pat."
Mark replied in a whisper with a bit of a grin.

The young woman took you through a house that was clearly a home, it was clean and somewhat tidy but there was signs it was lived in everywhere, a jacket lay thrown over a chair, a plate stood on the table before a TV, you hear music coming from one room and the sounds of a computer game from another. Daria stops before one door, the hallway had gray wall paint, white doors and red carpets on the floor. Once she get a reply from inside she opens the door and show you in.

There where three people in the room, one was a tall man with jaw length, shaggy gray hair, brown eyes and a bit of a short beard, he was wearing a polo sweater and black pants and he would be handsome but for this haunted look of fear in his eyes as if he had seen and experienced to much. The second person was a small, thin woman with sharp featured and a rather prominent nose. She was wearing a bright blue tank top, a floral printed jacket and blue jeans and looked rather ordinary if it had not been for her hair being stark white, also that hair had none of the dry look that so bleached hair got indicated it grew out of her hair that color, black hair clips kept the white out of her face but the strange thing was she looked to around thirty. The third person in the room was very large, tall and broad but it was hard to tell anything else about her for she was covered in yellow lace, the figure wore a yellow lace dress, yellow lace gloves and had several layers of yellow lace veils draped over her head, even so you could sort of see a metallic glint coming from under that mass of lace every now and again when the light hit the figure.
"Guests."
Daria announced and the three mages turned their heads to look at Colin, the figure in yellow leaned over to the white haired woman and whispered in her ear and the woman with the strange hair said.
"Welcome to our home. Deaconess Darnell assumes you are with the Traditions since you are arriving with a mage from Morningstar, she asks what we can help you with."
She said in a soft, pleasant voice as both she and the Deacon kept their eyes on you, the scared looking man though looked very uncomfortable with strangers but since you where standing at the door he had no where to run. You see that the trio had been playing cards, there where poker chips and cards all over the table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 am

Colin smiled, "I suppose being able to predict a card draw or die roll is a little luckier than lacking an indoor voice, or having room temperatures adjust to one's current mood."
He nodded, "Oh, I absolutely intend to charge for instruction - but I've got long-term objectives that will rely less on cash than goodwill or connections, so depending on whom I teach, I may decide I'd rather have an equivalent favour owed than simple monetary compensation. Not, of course, that cash will be refused, but it would seem to me that this sort of tutelage can run quite steep, depending on the spell's accessibility and potential applications; not everyone can afford to pay up front."

Colin caught the man's look and nudged Mark to follow a couple steps sideways from the door, offering the scared-looking man a clear escape route if he so wished, and bowed to the group, "Miladies, Sir, my name is Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Boston, and I need to speak with Deaconess Darnell in private. I'm afraid security concerns demand absolute confidence; I'm dreadfully sorry for the inconvenience."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:36 am

"Hum...I do not think there is a danger really Mr Roth Hicks but perhaps you are right." Joakim said and stopped, if the three mages had been compromised then there was always a chance they could get some information from those they had been around. "Better safe than sorry though I really hate having to be suspicious about everyone."

"It's only until they're checked over and then they can be made comfortable as guests. I know what you mean though. It's a fine line between being proactive and improperly paranoid."

Archmistress Crexia." He said respectfully and she inclined her head to him in return. "Chief Joakim...yes yes I know what you need of me."

Adley gave her a polite bow as she smiled but as he was not introduced by the Chief and she was busy, it would be impolite to waste her time unless he had something to tell her that was pertinent.

"That Mr Roth Hicks...are the Archmage Crexia." Joakim said. "Well shall we continue towards the basement then or did you want to speak with the Orphans?"

"Indeed...an archmaga. Impressive. Perhaps later we will have time for proper introductions, I did not wish to interrupt her while she was busy. I suppose we should let her do her work...however we can probably ask Adjan to fill us in, it looks as if he was speaking to them just now."

// Colin's working on acquiring a useful stockpile of favors, a favorite Hermetic passtime - the other one of course being getting oneself out of debt xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:21 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I suppose being able to predict a card draw or die roll is a little luckier than lacking an indoor voice, or having room temperatures adjust to one's current mood."

"Well those two do sound quite impractical indeed, off course it depends on how much of a temperature change we are talking about."
Mark said and grinned.
"Then again we have a few odds ones at Morningstar as well. Mirri our cook knows what everyone want to eat and one of the Deacons knows what everyone want of her before they get a chance to voice it."

He nodded, "Oh, I absolutely intend to charge for instruction - but I've got long-term objectives that will rely less on cash than goodwill or connections, so depending on whom I teach, I may decide I'd rather have an equivalent favour owed than simple monetary compensation.

"Hum...well now that might actually be a smart way to go about it, favors can be a valuable thing to be owed at times."
The young Hollower said and nodded.
"You have some long term goals then...hum...most interesting."

Not, of course, that cash will be refused, but it would seem to me that this sort of tutelage can run quite steep, depending on the spell's accessibility and potential applications; not everyone can afford to pay up front."

"Yes magickal instruction can get quite expensive."
Mark agreed.
"Well I am not against paying with favors, though I am no one special so there is a limit to what I can do in return. I mean for the most part all I do is mind my job, train my apprentice and do my own studies, and run a few games now and again."

Colin caught the man's look and nudged Mark to follow a couple steps sideways from the door, offering the scared-looking man a clear escape route if he so wished,

Mark nodded and stepped back as well. As soon as the doorway was unblocked the scared looking man got up and darted past the two visitors, fled down the corridor and into another room, probably his own chambers, and you can hear the lock on his dor rattling as he locked it.

and bowed to the group, "Miladies, Sir, my name is Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall in Boston, and I need to speak with Deaconess Darnell in private. I'm afraid security concerns demand absolute confidence; I'm dreadfully sorry for the inconvenience."

The white haired woman begun to protest.
"There is no way I am leaving Daisy alone with a stranger."
She said but the woman in yellow lace lifted one hand to silence her then whispered in her ear again and the white haired girl sigh.
"The Deaconess says that she is Daisy Darnell bani Virtual Adepts and I am Julaner Alabaster bani Verbena, she says she have every confidence in me however she says she is willing to talk in private if you insist Mr Wainwright."
The white haired girl said but she did not seam like she liked the situation, she then walked over to Mark.
"Come with me, I will get you a cup of coffee and find someone to check on Gerard, he do not like strangers."
She said and then gave you a scowl as if to tell you not to try anything before she and Mark left, leaving you alone with the lace draped figure.

Adley:

"It's only until they're checked over and then they can be made comfortable as guests. I know what you mean though. It's a fine line between being proactive and improperly paranoid."

Chief Joakim just nodded at that.

"Indeed...an archmaga. Impressive. Perhaps later we will have time for proper introductions, I did not wish to interrupt her while she was busy.

"I will do so, I am sorry I did not introduce you, but she knows who you are and I thought it more important that she check on the Orphans than engage in a chat right now, she would have introduced herself if she had something to say."
The Security Chief said.

I suppose we should let her do her work...however we can probably ask Adjan to fill us in, it looks as if he was speaking to them just now."

"Yes it do seam your friend have been taking care of the Orphans...shall we go then?"
Joakim said and continued to lead you towards the basement.

You see that Morningstar have a similar setup as your own Chantry, the basement was parted into several sections with one being for ritual use, the hallways down here was brick and stone and the doors where heavy wood. Joakim stop by one of the doors, opens it and leads you into a small ritual chamber intended for one practitioner. On the floor sat Derrick, he was busy carving symbols into a tick, handmade candle though he seamed to be almost done, a soft chanting in Latin came from him as he worked. Eventually the chanting stopped and the hedge wizard rose to his feet.
"Impeccable timing Mentor, I was just about done when you arrived."
He said and Joakim smiles.

Derrick turned to Adley and handed him the candle.
"You are the one that wanted to make a private phone call right?"
He asked.
"This should help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Colin chuckled, "And Master Steelhaven has the kettle on before anyone knows they're going to see him... I've done the math on that - I realized I had to go see him and went straight to his apartment, and by the time I got there, he was ready to pour. I spent less time to get there than the water needed to come to a boil..."
He smiled enigmatically, "Some day, I might build a house. At that time, I'll be needing a lot of goodwill and favours to secure its foundations."
He grinned, "Well, I suppose taking on a skilled secretary to help with organizing the paperwork would be quite the favour. I understand the Horizon bureaucracy is, for lack of a better word, Byzantine."

He nodded to Julaner, "Thank you, miss... and please, extend my apologies to Mr. Gerard for distressing him like that."
He quietly closed the door behind Julaner and Mark, and turned to the Deaconess, "Madame Darnell, as I said, I'm from Steelhaven Hall in Boston, and we are currently working with Morningstar to... essentially save the northeastern United States and eastern Canada. The Labyrinth in Boston is planning to summon and bind an Aswadim, and the Labyrinth led by the Fallen called Abigail here is supplying resources. As such, it appears we need to strike against the Labyrinth here and take it out while it is weakened - they're down to half strength, according to very solid intel, but we need some help to deal with their defenses..."
He took a slow breath, "Specifically, we need some material assistance - Primium weaponry and armour in particular; something to help defend us against mental assault and, well, offend the Fallen and their assorted demons and Outsider Things. Naturally, we would be returning everything possible afterwards - ammunition might be a little tricky to recover, but anything else should be easy. I'm a silversmith by trade, and while I haven't learned how to refine Primium, I understand it's based in that metal, so I think I can provide a quantity of that in trade, if so desired, for any items we turn out unable to return."

((OOC: Well, in Colin's case, it might be more like stockpiling favours and paying lawyers to get out of judicial troubles. Again. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Colin chuckled, "And Master Steelhaven has the kettle on before anyone knows they're going to see him... I've done the math on that - I realized I had to go see him and went straight to his apartment, and by the time I got there, he was ready to pour. I spent less time to get there than the water needed to come to a boil..."

"Time then for Master Steelhaven...I do not know what it is for Miss Mirri though Mind perhaps, I know she use Time and Correspondence as well though as she runs a small bakery in town as well as her job at Morningstar and she likes to co locate between them...but yes we all have our little peculiarities."
Mark said and smiles.

He smiled enigmatically, "Some day, I might build a house. At that time, I'll be needing a lot of goodwill and favours to secure its foundations."

"A House now...interesting, quite interesting indeed, are you going to give the Hollow Ones competition?"
He joked.
"For I assume we are not talking about an actual house here with four walls and a roof..."

He grinned, "Well, I suppose taking on a skilled secretary to help with organizing the paperwork would be quite the favour. I understand the Horizon bureaucracy is, for lack of a better word, Byzantine."

"I told you I was a secretary I never said I was good at it."
Mark said with a wry smile.
"But yes Horizon's bureaucracy is...well it is something. I have been working with Mistress Crexia to become an Enforcer as the Hollow Ones only have one and we need more judges to represent our people and speak their cases and yes the bureaucracy gives me a headache."

He nodded to Julaner, "Thank you, miss... and please, extend my apologies to Mr. Gerard for distressing him like that."

"It is the Traditions who should apologize to him."
Julaner grunted.
"But I will tell him once he calms down."
She said before she left the room.

He quietly closed the door behind Julaner and Mark, and turned to the Deaconess, "Madame Darnell, as I said, I'm from Steelhaven Hall in Boston, and we are currently working with Morningstar to... essentially save the northeastern United States and eastern Canada. The Labyrinth in Boston is planning to summon and bind an Aswadim, and the Labyrinth led by the Fallen called Abigail here is supplying resources. As such, it appears we need to strike against the Labyrinth here and take it out while it is weakened - they're down to half strength, according to very solid intel, but we need some help to deal with their defenses..."

The lace glad figure indicated a chair for you and she made an apologetic gesture for the mess on the table, the small room was someone's quarters and the living room table was filled with cards, poker chips and snacks, it seamed that Gerard had been having a small glass of schnapps while Julaner seamed to favor baileys, a empty pizza box stood under the table and there was bowls of peanuts and chocolate candies the three of them had apparently been having a nice Saturday game night. Daisy listened to what you where saying though she said nothing herself yet.

He took a slow breath, "Specifically, we need some material assistance - Primium weaponry and armour in particular; something to help defend us against mental assault and, well, offend the Fallen and their assorted demons and Outsider Things. Naturally, we would be returning everything possible afterwards - ammunition might be a little tricky to recover, but anything else should be easy. I'm a silversmith by trade, and while I haven't learned how to refine Primium, I understand it's based in that metal, so I think I can provide a quantity of that in trade, if so desired, for any items we turn out unable to return."

"Alchemical Primium are silver refined one hundred times...along with certain procedures."
Finally Daisy spoke and her voice was mechanical and sharp, though female.
"The only Primium I got Mr Wainwright is me, and what ammunition where left in my internal magazines when I escaped from the Union...but why should I give those bullets to you it is not like the Traditions have done me and mine any favors. My Mentor pretend I am dead, my Tradition have disowned me and I am forced to look like a machine like a scarlet letter...not to mention some of the things that have been done to those I protect, so why should I help."
The woman's machine like voice was sharp and bitter.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Colin smiled, "Could be both bricks and mortar and something... bigger, coud it not? Don't worry, though - it would be a different philosophy than yours - more comparable to the idea of the Mercere, only unaffiliated with the individual Traditions."

He nodded, "Ah, I was under the impression you had some skill with the manufacture of the metal. Apparently, I'd misunderstood that part. Nevertheless, it's quite evident that as vicious as the Union's treatment of you was, the Traditions' response was excessively cruel. Unfortunately, those who agree with that view aren't necessarily in power to change the unnecessarily dickish judgment passed on you yet, but... you do have sympathizers still. You're a noble soul who clearly cares for others, even when the world gives you scorn, as is evidenced by this very Chantry... so why help us? Because this is bigger than the Traditions' problems - if we can't stop the Fallen dead in their tracks, millions will die or worse, and however good any of us might be, I fear we can't stand up to an incarnated Aswadim."
He leaned slightly down on the back of a chair, "So if you refuse to help with thwarting the Fallen, I will understand, what with your past history with the Traditions. Nobody is going to judge you for that... the question is whether you'd be able to live with yourself if you were to learn we suffered fatalities, or failed to stopp the Nephandi..."
He straightened up again, "While I can't make any promises regarding what the tribunal of Chicago would do, aiding us might open a window of opportunity to overturn the injustice they did to you. Perhaps that might be worth a try?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Colin smiled, "Could be both bricks and mortar and something... bigger, coud it not? Don't worry, though - it would be a different philosophy than yours - more comparable to the idea of the Mercere, only unaffiliated with the individual Traditions."

"Hum...well that could become an interesting group, I wish you the best of luck with that endeavor Mr Wainwright."
Mark said
"It will be a difficult task though to get such a group up and running."
He warned you.

He nodded, "Ah, I was under the impression you had some skill with the manufacture of the metal. Apparently, I'd misunderstood that part.

"I am made of Primium, well most of me, and there are still quite a few rounds left in my turrets, but I can not create Primium no, not yet."
The Deaconess informed you.

Nevertheless, it's quite evident that as vicious as the Union's treatment of you was, the Traditions' response was excessively cruel. Unfortunately, those who agree with that view aren't necessarily in power to change the unnecessarily dickish judgment passed on you yet, but... you do have sympathizers still. You're a noble soul who clearly cares for others, even when the world gives you scorn, as is evidenced by this very Chantry...

Daisy was quiet while you spoke then she said in her strange, metallic voice.
"I do not blame the Technocracy for what they did as such, we are enemies and we harm one another that is the way it is. I will do my best to take every last one of them down, but I do not blame them, but what the Traditions did, and not just to me...the Council of the Nine Mythic Traditions was formed as a war council, is it any wonder then that over the centuries it remains brutal and more concerned with politics and power than ii's own members. The Traditions need to change..."
The Deaconess muttered angrily.
"As for this Chantry, someone needs to take care of these people, since they have all been abandoned by their own, but I can do little but give them a place to stay in relative safety."

so why help us? Because this is bigger than the Traditions' problems - if we can't stop the Fallen dead in their tracks, millions will die or worse, and however good any of us might be, I fear we can't stand up to an incarnated Aswadim."

"Are you sure Mr Wainwright...that this is the Fallen's plan, and if so that they have any chance of pulling something like that off?"
Daisy asked sounding a bit doubtful.
"And incarnated Aswadim...one that can act in our physical world...if that is true it truly would be a horror."
She added softly.

He leaned slightly down on the back of a chair, "So if you refuse to help with thwarting the Fallen, I will understand, what with your past history with the Traditions. Nobody is going to judge you for that... the question is whether you'd be able to live with yourself if you were to learn we suffered fatalities, or failed to stopp the Nephandi..."

Daisy was quiet for a moment again then she stood and walked to the window, her form would be tall, even for a man and yet she moved with grace, there was a slight scraping of metal against metal as she walked.
"No...no matter the hen I have to pick with the Traditions, if what you say is happening is true then no...I could not forgive myself if I refused to help."
She muttered.
"Unlike what many seam to think...and my appearance would suggest I am still a member of the Tradition and I fight for it's cause...and for this world."

He straightened up again, "While I can't make any promises regarding what the tribunal of Chicago would do, aiding us might open a window of opportunity to overturn the injustice they did to you. Perhaps that might be worth a try?"

"If I just this fight and aid you Mr Wainwright it will not be to be allowed to cover my form with synth skin to look more normal...it will be to protect this city and these lost souls that I have gathered under my roof."
She said sternly.
"Not that it would not be nice to be able to walk down a street again or talk with other mages without them looking at me in horror...but there are others at this Chantry that needs such a mercy more than I."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next