Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 6 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:44 pm

"Oh wonderful, just what I wanted my end to be, a cautionary tale for young Traditionalists."
Colin smiled cautiously, "I suppose you would rather be forgotten and consigned to Oblivion in that way, as well?"

"Still I can not bring myself to get him arrested and...brought to the Main Sentencing Hall...I have spent to long with him, even if I do hate him, to condemn him to that. But I will think about it Mr Wainwright...I will think about it."
"It is all I can ask of you in that matter... Though, i might show you a few pictures, if nothing else then to assuage my worries... or confirm them."

"Well you do sit before me...but I guess some shenanigans with time could be involved...hum you killed a Handler...my my you do like causing trouble don't you Mr Wainwright."
He just gave her a soft, sad smile.

"Not only Mr Wainwright I also like you because you are a gentleman and a bastard and quite good at both."
He smirked, "I'll have you know my parents were married years before my birth. To one another, in fact. But, I thank you for the compliment."

"Ah I know him he used to live at my Labyrinth until Abigail kicked him out after his own Mentor had taken up service at an Battle Cruiser to get away from him, you can keep him if you want, we do not want him back."
"I knew his Mentor had escaped to the comforts of having his mind and soul shacked to a Polyp, but not that he was so greatly loved in Chicago, as well... He's got a remarkable knack for making himself appreciated. I've got to wonder, is there anyone who won't raise a glass to celebrate his demise? And... I'm sorry, the way things are looking, you'll get to see him one more time, I'm afraid... I might be able to pull a few strings to try to make sure he goes before you do, if you wish... Or after, if you prefer."

"I have found torture to be effective several times when the enemy just would not talk Mr Wainwright...but perhaps when we are talking about a Nephandus you are right she is to used to pain and suffering...but they still feel pain do they not?"
"They feel pain, certainly... but torture is their Saturday night entertainment; some people get their jollies off pain, so torturing them is... well, fun for the whole family, you could say. Rather similar to trying to burn a fire spirit, or drown a fish."

"In either case I am glad you got the information, even if I still do not really understand how you did it."
"It's a knack... A very useful one."

He leaned back against the wall, sorting his thoughts and feeling the Quintessence flow... reaching out to it and, much like with a calm stream, dipping his hand in the flow without scooping any up, just feel it flow gently around his fingers, scarcely even creating a ripple as it slid past...

((OOC: Actually, we DID get the vampire's name - Sharon Trent, according to Madeline Rose - thread 10, page 16, fourth post from the bottom.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 6 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Adley Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:00 pm

"I am still grateful Sodales...for my life and the life of my Chantrymates." The Messenger said...

He gave a nod and small smile, accepting her words. "You are quite welcome."

"I am...Sarah...I speak for Ellen...she do not want to come out...but I will talk with you." The creature looked at you with terrified eyes. "Ellen prefer that you...stay by the door...she have been hurt...but mages before...and you are a...mage are you not...it is in your eyes."

"I will come inside but stay by the door," he agreed, waiting to see if that was acceptable before moving. He was not sure what the Mercere had done to earn 'Ellen's' trust but it was understandable she was wary of anyone new. "I understand. I am not here to harm you, only to ask questions about a place that Sarah was once and about those that were there at the time she was there. If she will tell you anything of this place to relate to me, so that we can stop some further harm to come, we would be grateful. We know it is not a pleasant place to speak about but we hope she will still speak with us, though we will not force her to do so. We only ask because those that were there are trying to harm others again, and we wish to prevent it from happening. And we know that she is good at remembering places and knowing them. May I ask further questions about this place for you to relate to Sarah?"

// oh man as far back as thread 10! Sharon Trent - well it's not far fetched the vampire has had a number of names given to her, forced on her or made up as a coping mechanism.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm

We need to change that. We are changing that with this kind of precedence. he said with determination.

Not Tass, just mana, they're esencially different. I Tane said Yes, let me take the hostages back before. he said talking them away
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled cautiously, "I suppose you would rather be forgotten and consigned to Oblivion in that way, as well?"

"Yes I would prefer that, if true oblivion would come with it."
Jodelle said and nodded.

"It is all I can ask of you in that matter... Though, i might show you a few pictures, if nothing else then to assuage my worries... or confirm them."

"I...can see some pictures certainly but I can not promise I will tell you anything nor confirm or deny anything about his identity...I am just not...sure I can betray him in such a manner even if he is a bastard."
Jodelle said and frowned.

He smirked, "I'll have you know my parents were married years before my birth. To one another, in fact. But, I thank you for the compliment."

Jodelle just gave you a bit of a smirk.

"I knew his Mentor had escaped to the comforts of having his mind and soul shacked to a Polyp, but not that he was so greatly loved in Chicago, as well... He's got a remarkable knack for making himself appreciated.

"Her actually, his Mentor is a woman but yes, while I doubt her choice to leave for the Umbra was just due to her apprentice his remarkable personality did not help, I wonder how our Caul cold stomach him, I feel sorry for it."
Jodelle grumbled.

I've got to wonder, is there anyone who won't raise a glass to celebrate his demise? And... I'm sorry, the way things are looking, you'll get to see him one more time, I'm afraid... I might be able to pull a few strings to try to make sure he goes before you do, if you wish... Or after, if you prefer."

"I doubt anyone would miss him, he is a rotten bastard through and through, and useless as well. Oh no, on Horizon...just make sure I do not end up sharing a cell with him and I will be content...or rather...no let him go last but let him see the rest of us face the piper first, that should probably get him rather scared out of his wits before it is his turn."
The Nephandus muttered darkly.

"They feel pain, certainly... but torture is their Saturday night entertainment; some people get their jollies off pain, so torturing them is... well, fun for the whole family, you could say. Rather similar to trying to burn a fire spirit, or drown a fish."

"Hum...well that certainly is impractical Mr Wainwright."
Patricia said.
"It seams your method is more effective then but damn, what you just said do not make the Nephandi seam any less creepy."

He leaned back against the wall, sorting his thoughts and feeling the Quintessence flow... reaching out to it and, much like with a calm stream, dipping his hand in the flow without scooping any up, just feel it flow gently around his fingers, scarcely even creating a ripple as it slid past...

The Quintessence felt clear, beautiful and calming as it flowed past you, this was a good place, the Resonance was calm and nurturing.

Adley:

He gave a nod and small smile, accepting her words. "You are quite welcome."

The Mercere smiles to you then return her focus to the wounded vampire.

"I will come inside but stay by the door," he agreed, waiting to see if that was acceptable before moving. He was not sure what the Mercere had done to earn 'Ellen's' trust but it was understandable she was wary of anyone new.

"Ellen agrees, though she is scared..."
The Nosferatu said and she eyed you wearily though she did not panic or pull away, if she was even able to pull away, she had been immobile for so long, probably it would take her a little time to remember how to move properly.

"I understand. I am not here to harm you, only to ask questions about a place that Sarah was once and about those that were there at the time she was there. If she will tell you anything of this place to relate to me, so that we can stop some further harm to come, we would be grateful. We know it is not a pleasant place to speak about but we hope she will still speak with us, though we will not force her to do so. We only ask because those that were there are trying to harm others again, and we wish to prevent it from happening. And we know that she is good at remembering places and knowing them. May I ask further questions about this place for you to relate to Sarah?"

"Ellen is scared of...that place...the mages there betrayed her...but the other mages kept her prisoner...hurt her...cut into her...she is scared..."
The Nosferatu said then she continued as she clutched the little ball.
"But she will talk with you...she do not want anyone else to be hurt by the mages with darkness...in their eyes...the one who told her...Sire to help them build...she remembers..."
The creature muttered and looked at you and shivered as if she was cold.

(OOC: Gold star for Warp. I had completely forgotten I had named her...well to avoid having to edit anything and sorry about the mix up, let us say that she have several names she uses or perhaps she have forgotten her real name and just call her real personality Ellen and the one she speaks as Sarah, being staked for over 70 years and experimented on are not a good way to get a healthy mind...Oh and Tane I will reply to you after I have had my dinner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:30 pm

"Yes, that was a scary place," Adley agreed. "That place was ordered to be made by a very dark woman, one who has hurt many people. Please thank Sarah for talking about something difficult. Can Sarah tell us anything about that place she was in, the people there, or how it was made? Or plans on making another while she was there... For example, we believe part of it to be made of spiritual material, not like regular physical material but there are ways to get inside of it. Or why she was kept there, anything about the other mages that were prisoners or anything about the dark-eyed mages?"

// thanks for looking Warp, I totally missed that. And yeah I think that is a solution, considering the vampire's circumstances.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:43 pm

"I...can see some pictures certainly but I can not promise I will tell you anything nor confirm or deny anything about his identity...I am just not...sure I can betray him in such a manner even if he is a bastard."
He lowered his voice, "That's... quite the honorific. Do what you feel you must about it, as will I..."

"Her actually, his Mentor is a woman but yes, while I doubt her choice to leave for the Umbra was just due to her apprentice his remarkable personality did not help, I wonder how our Caul cold stomach him, I feel sorry for it."
"Her, of course, he said so himself... hmm, I wonder, are all your Handlers women? That might be significant, somehow... But yes, that poor Caul... first, it's born as a human infant, then wrung and twisted into a mockery of life and magic, and then it has to digest that wretch... The poor thing has not had a good existence..."

"I doubt anyone would miss him, he is a rotten bastard through and through, and useless as well. Oh no, on Horizon...just make sure I do not end up sharing a cell with him and I will be content...or rather...no let him go last but let him see the rest of us face the piper first, that should probably get him rather scared out of his wits before it is his turn."
"I... will make a note of that request. No promises, though."

"It seams your method is more effective then but damn, what you just said do not make the Nephandi seam any less creepy."
"A sage observation, miss Tavo... The day you no longer find the Nephandi creepy is going to be a bad day for House Tytalus, I think."

((OOC: From what I've seen - firsthand - of dissociative personality disorder, yes, personalities (and their names) can indeed "die" and be replaced by others that have been less... traumatized. The replacement personalities might yet recall some of what happened to the original, but more like a photo album than anything they themselves experienced. 70 years of deliberate torment - yeah, that's mind's bound to have split two-for-one a few times, if you'll pardon the expression. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Tane:

We need to change that. We are changing that with this kind of precedence. he said with determination.

"We can try to change it but it is not likely to happen, and not quickly and I just wish Cadence did not have to be a stepping stone and a bump in the road...but she is a Nephandus...I can not legally let her go free or kill her."
Antonio muttered bitterly.

Not Tass, just mana, they're esencially different. I Tane said Yes, let me take the hostages back before. he said talking them away

"I thought mana was what hedge wizards called what they use...once we are out of here you are going to have to tell be the difference between the two Mr Karyak."
Darrian said then he nodded.
"Yes take the hostages to the cars and make them comfortable...but are you sure it is wise to let the Marauder go unrestrained?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.
"She is after all insane."

Adley:

"Yes, that was a scary place," Adley agreed. "That place was ordered to be made by a very dark woman, one who has hurt many people. Please thank Sarah for talking about something difficult.

"There is no need...to thank...me...I speak for...Ellen...for she can not...speak for...herself..."
The vampire said and looked at you.
"Ellen...remember the dark woman...with her...scars...and her long...blond hair...she is scary...Ellen did not want...her Sire to work...for the woman...but he said he had to..."

Can Sarah tell us anything about that place she was in, the people there, or how it was made? Or plans on making another while she was there... For example, we believe part of it to be made of spiritual material, not like regular physical material but there are ways to get inside of it.

"Ellen says...it was made...of stone...but not just stone...stone that had been made special...yes there was another dark place made...her Sire helped build it in...the sewers...Ellen remember the being...of flesh...her Sire was afraid of it...afraid it was one of the broken ones...or the very old ones...but it was not, it was sad and terrible...and there was build a way to get to it...so the servants could tend to it easily...but that way was secret...very secret."
The vampire said and clutched her ball then she hesitated and rolled it over to you with a clumsy motion and slowly opened her hand, clearly expecting for you to roll it back.

Or why she was kept there, anything about the other mages that were prisoners or anything about the dark-eyed mages?"

"They killed her Sire...he is dead now...she is sad...he was kind to her...he and her brother...the dark eyes mages did not...kill her...they wanted her for something but Ellen do not know what...she was kept with two...other captive mages...the woman with the scars...hurt them...they cried then other mages came and took Ellen away...they where cruel, she do not like them...the dark eyes ones are lost...so lost...they where sent to the bad place...by the fleshy thing..."

Colin:

He lowered his voice, "That's... quite the honorific. Do what you feel you must about it, as will I..."

Jodelle looks at you for a moment you see her inner conflict in her eyes then she drew a deep breath to collect her thoughts and simply nodded, but it was clear she found the topic to be uncomfortable.

"Her, of course, he said so himself... hmm, I wonder, are all your Handlers women? That might be significant, somehow... But yes, that poor Caul... first, it's born as a human infant, then wrung and twisted into a mockery of life and magic, and then it has to digest that wretch... The poor thing has not had a good existence..."

"I am not so sure it would be wise of me to answer any more technical questions about or Battle Cruisers Mr Wainwright I am sure you would understand. Yes that is how you make a Caul indeed, a human infant with a strong Avatar and magick I am sure you would call dark...but yes having to digest Diego...well he can not have tasted good, indeed poor Caul."

"I... will make a note of that request. No promises, though."

Jodelle nodded.
"I appreciate it Mr Wainwright."

A sage observation, miss Tavo... The day you no longer find the Nephandi creepy is going to be a bad day for House Tytalus, I think."

"Well we have been accused of diabolism a time or two..."
Patricia said with no real humor in her voice.
"But yes I suspect I will always find the Fallen creepy, who would do something like that to themselves?"
She asked and shook her head.
"Poor bastards."

(OOC: Yeah chances are that our poor Nosferatu will not survive long if released back into the cut throat vampire society she is pretty damaged goods. One day I am going to make a complete NPC list I just need to stop being lazy and just do it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:34 pm

"Ellen...remember the dark woman...with her...scars...and her long...blond hair...she is scary...Ellen did not want...her Sire to work...for the woman...but he said he had to...

"Does she know why he felt that way?"

"Ellen says...it was made...of stone...but not just stone...stone that had been made special...yes there was another dark place made...her Sire helped build it in...the sewers...Ellen remember the being...of flesh...her Sire was afraid of it...afraid it was one of the broken ones...or the very old ones...but it was not, it was sad and terrible...and there was build a way to get to it...so the servants could tend to it easily...but that way was secret...very secret."

"Does she know what properties of the stone made it special? Or about the being of flesh, is it the same one as they had in the other place, or was it a different one. Or anything about that secret path?" he asked. As the ball rolled over to him, he looked down at it and then nudged it back towards her.

"They killed her Sire...he is dead now...she is sad...he was kind to her...he and her brother...the dark eyes mages did not...kill her...they wanted her for something but Ellen do not know what...she was kept with two...other captive mages...the woman with the scars...hurt them...they cried then other mages came and took Ellen away...they where cruel, she do not like them...the dark eyes ones are lost...so lost...they where sent to the bad place...by the fleshy thing..."

"My condolences for her loss. Does she know why they kept those other mages? Yes, those mages that were sent to the bad place by the fleshy thing come back lost, it is terrible. That is why we must stop them from doing so to anyone else. In order to do that, we must know more about how to get to the fleshy thing - we believe they are made out of sacrifices, the dark mages do something terrible to them to turn them into such. Does she know if there were any babies, or small children there?"

// it's got to be hard to keep up with all the NPCs but it's useful to have a list and general description.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:36 pm

I will. She'd alright, she's mad but the kind of madness she got is like an autism. She's not dangerous, but we could help them be more confortable without restraining them. In any case, she has no foci and the others don't belive she's a threat he said with conviction
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:07 am

"But yes I suspect I will always find the Fallen creepy, who would do something like that to themselves?"
She asked and shook her head.
"Poor bastards."
Colin looked at Patricia for a long moment, then he frowned and gave her a sad look, speaking softly, "Who would do something like that to themselves? Well, anyone would, for the right price... I believe a member of this Chantry did in the 1940s, to save her brother's life... Everyone has a price, a limit, and the forces of evil are persistent. If your life was threatened, I imagine you would remain quite steadfast... but if your Mentor was the one who was being tortured and carefully kept alive and conscious through it all, how resilient would you be, hmm? Poor bastards indeed; pity them, treat them with compassion and mercy as far as possible... and never forget that there but for constant vigilance you go. I pray there's a chance for redemption for them... but as stubbornly as I fight to find that chance, optimism is not a luxury I can enjoy."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:34 am

Adley:

"Does she know why he felt that way?"

"No...Ellen do not know why he felt that way...but her Sire was...afraid...it scared her...to see him so...for he was so strong..."

"Does she know what properties of the stone made it special?

"The stone...gave protection...her Disciplines did not...work on it well."

Or about the being of flesh, is it the same one as they had in the other place, or was it a different one.

"She do not know...but the old place...was attacked by...the other mages...they might have...killed the being of...flesh, the new place got a chamber for it...prepared...more she do not know...by the attack she was a...prisoner and all was pain..."
The vampire said and whimpered softly.

Or anything about that secret path?" he asked. As the ball rolled over to him, he looked down at it and then nudged it back towards her.

"Ellen knows the...secret path...it is down there in the sewers."
The vampire said she struggled to grab her ball and it took her some effort to do so, then she rolled it back towards you with very awkward movements.

"My condolences for her loss. Does she know why they kept those other mages? Yes, those mages that were sent to the bad place by the fleshy thing come back lost, it is terrible.

"Not fully...Ellen heard them talking...the man and the woman had...something living inside...they said mages do...and the black eyed ones wanted that which lived inside...the man and the woman...they wanted them to...go into the fleshy thing...they tortured the man...very badly...he screamed allot...but tried to protect the woman...but she went in the fleshy thing to...save him and then he...cried more..."

That is why we must stop them from doing so to anyone else. In order to do that, we must know more about how to get to the fleshy thing - we believe they are made out of sacrifices, the dark mages do something terrible to them to turn them into such. Does she know if there were any babies, or small children there?"

"Ellen did not...see any small children...but the women with...the scars was with child...she could hear two sets of heartbeats...Ellen wants to help stop those with...the black eyes...but other mages are...bad to...they hurt her...so badly...kept her st...Ellen do not want to think...about it..."
The Nosferatu said and curled up into a little ball whimpering. The Mercere made a soothing sound to her.
"Shh...Ellen do not have to think about it, she is safe now...shh...look at the ball you can grab it now...you can move...focus on the ball..."
She muttered and eventually the wounded vampire seamed to calm down a little and her eyes tracked the ball on the floor.

Colin:

Colin looked at Patricia for a long moment, then he frowned and gave her a sad look, speaking softly, "Who would do something like that to themselves? Well, anyone would, for the right price... I believe a member of this Chantry did in the 1940s, to save her brother's life... Everyone has a price, a limit, and the forces of evil are persistent.

"Yeah I have heard about that...a woman from the same House as me going Nephandi to save her brother...Deaconess Rose's apprentice and he was executed when he killed her rather than let the Traditions deal with her when the rescue party came...that is such a sad story..."
Patricia muttered.

If your life was threatened, I imagine you would remain quite steadfast... but if your Mentor was the one who was being tortured and carefully kept alive and conscious through it all, how resilient would you be, hmm?

"I...do not know..."
Patricia said after a long pause.
"I am a war mage...though most would not consider a hedge wizard a mage, in either case I sort of expect to meet a violent end, and I expect my teacher to do so as well, but what you describe, I do not know what I would do in that situation."

Poor bastards indeed; pity them, treat them with compassion and mercy as far as possible... and never forget that there but for constant vigilance you go. I pray there's a chance for redemption for them... but as stubbornly as I fight to find that chance, optimism is not a luxury I can enjoy."

"I am not so sure they can be redeemed...but is that what happened to the prisoner? Was she forced into it?"
Patrica asked and glanced at the cell door.
"Or did she become a Nephandus willingly, do you know Mr Wainwright?"

Tane:

I will. She'd alright, she's mad but the kind of madness she got is like an autism. She's not dangerous, but we could help them be more confortable without restraining them. In any case, she has no foci and the others don't belive she's a threat he said with conviction

"I have never met an autist who think they are in a storybook...nor one that do not take Paradox themselves but rather distribute it around to the closest nearby mages, but very well, we will try it your way Mr Karyak, the girl do look like she have been through enough, just get them to the car and ask your shapeshifter friends to keep an eye on them until we are done here please."
Darrian said and sigh as he looked at the frightened Marauder.
"Ok people we all have things to do let us get them done before it start raining Nephandi."
The Solificato ordered.
"Antonio see to the prisoners...Helga keep watch, I will see what traces and magick I can find and as soon as the prisoners are secured and Mr Karyak here gets his mana we leave..."
He ordered and everyone started moving to their tasks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:00 am

Quickly then Tane took the hostges to the transport and looked for his friends
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:08 am

"The stone...gave protection...her Disciplines did not...work on it well."

"Ah, I see."

"She do not know...but the old place...was attacked by...the other mages...they might have...killed the being of...flesh, the new place got a chamber for it...prepared...more she do not know...by the attack she was a...prisoner and all was pain..."
The vampire said and whimpered softly.

"I am sorry, for what happened to Ellen," he said with a frown.

"Ellen knows the...secret path...it is down there in the sewers." The vampire said she struggled to grab her ball and it took her some effort to do so, then she rolled it back towards you with very awkward movements.

"Could Ellen help us find the pathway? If we brought a map to you, could you show her? And then tell us about it? Or could she tell me about where it can be found and what to expect there?"

"Not fully...Ellen heard them talking...the man and the woman had...something living inside...they said mages do...and the black eyed ones wanted that which lived inside...the man and the woman...they wanted them to...go into the fleshy thing...they tortured the man...very badly...he screamed allot...but tried to protect the woman...but she went in the fleshy thing to...save him and then he...cried more..."

He frowned at that. It was not a good feeling, to be talking about what happened to your avatar's former host or to hear what had happened to them but he was not surprised to hear what she said, after all he'd been shown as much.

"Ellen did not...see any small children...but the women with...the scars was with child...she could hear two sets of heartbeats...Ellen wants to help stop those with...the black eyes...but other mages are...bad to...they hurt her...so badly...kept her st...Ellen do not want to think...about it..."

"Ellen has very keen hearing, that is not an easy thing to find out." He stopped as she seemed distressed for a moment to see if she would calm down. "I am sorry those other people hurt you," he said, frowning. "I know this is hard to think about, that and what came later. It's scary but you are not there now." He waited as the Mercere drew her attention back to the ball, to see if she would calm down and could continue or if she needed time to recover and was disinclined to speak more with him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 am

Tane:

Quickly then Tane took the hostages to the transport and looked for his friends

You see Strawberry standing by the cars, you do not see Alessa but there sure seam to be allot of spiders around keeping an eye on things. You do see Candice trying to crawl away though, struggling to her feet, she had been healed but Antonio had not been able to repair her body completely and she grunted as she tried to get up, she did not look like she would attack you now though, she just looked scared.

Adley:

"I am sorry, for what happened to Ellen," he said with a frown.

The vampire looked at you for a moment as if she did not fully believe your sympathies or if she did not know what to say.

"Could Ellen help us find the pathway? If we brought a map to you, could you show her? And then tell us about it? Or could she tell me about where it can be found and what to expect there?"

"Ellen can...show you on a map where the...secret entrance is, it is hard to find...she do not know what to expect there...she help build the tunnel...that is all she knows."

He frowned at that. It was not a good feeling, to be talking about what happened to your avatar's former host or to hear what had happened to them but he was not surprised to hear what she said, after all he'd been shown as much.

You could feel your Avatar shift a little, it was uneasy at the vampire's tale though she did nothing more, not right now but it did add to her general tension.

"Ellen has very keen hearing, that is not an easy thing to find out."

"Ellen had a friend who taught her...the trick of making her senses stronger..."
The Nosferatu said after a while.
"She do not even...remember his name...now...it makes her...sad..."

He stopped as she seemed distressed for a moment to see if she would calm down. "I am sorry those other people hurt you," he said, frowning. "I know this is hard to think about, that and what came later. It's scary but you are not there now."

"Always...pain...always there...alone...scared...helpless...Ellen wants to go home..."
The creature managed to get out as she whimpered fearfully. The Mercere woman tried to draw her attention but you could see that the Red Cap was quite concerned.

He waited as the Mercere drew her attention back to the ball, to see if she would calm down and could continue or if she needed time to recover and was disinclined to speak more with him.

The Nosferatu girl eventually grabbed the ball as best she could and looked at it, slightly playing with it and it did seam to calm her.
"She can move..."
She muttered as if this surprised her and it probably did then she looked at you and rolled the ball towards you again as best she could.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:40 am

"Ellen can...show you on a map where the...secret entrance is, it is hard to find...she do not know what to expect there...she help build the tunnel...that is all she knows."

He gave a slow nod. "That is still very helpful. Can I ask someone to bring us a map? Or I can bring one back here for Ellen to show me, if that is acceptable to her?"

The Nosferatu girl eventually grabbed the ball as best she could and looked at it, slightly playing with it and it did seam to calm her. "She can move..." She muttered as if this surprised her and it probably did then she looked at you and rolled the ball towards you again as best she could.

Adley waited until the ball rolled close to him and accepted it again. Then he returned it with a gentle motion towards her as he had before, watching her reaction.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:28 am

He gave a slow nod. "That is still very helpful. Can I ask someone to bring us a map? Or I can bring one back here for Ellen to show me, if that is acceptable to her?"

"Ellen is afraid of others...but she agree to have someone bring a map..."

Adley waited until the ball rolled close to him and accepted it again. Then he returned it with a gentle motion towards her as he had before, watching her reaction.

The wounded vampire moved slightly so she could catch the ball with some difficulty and she actually giggled before managing to roll it back to you, her movements was jerky and uncoordinated but she seamed to take joy from just being able to move.The Mercere looked at you with concerned eyes and asked in Enochian so the Nosferatu girl would not understand her.
"What do you think the Chief is going to do with her, I doubt she will survive alone in her own society not that I know much about vampires but she will need patient, long lasting care if she is going to even have a semblance of a life again."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:34 am

"Ellen is afraid of others...but she agree to have someone bring a map..."

"Thank you. I will go ask for a map and then return so we can ask Ellen. There is one more question that I'd like to ask Ellen before that. The woman with child, the dark-mage woman with the scarred face, do you know who the father of that child was or might have been?"

"What do you think the Chief is going to do with her, I doubt she will survive alone in her own society not that I know much about vampires but she will need patient, long lasting care if she is going to even have a semblance of a life again.

"I do not precisely know what he will decide but I know he is a good man and that it will be considered very carefully," he replied in kind. "I will relate your recommendation to him and the help you have been giving her."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:47 am

"Thank you. I will go ask for a map and then return so we can ask Ellen.

"Ellen agree to this."
The Nosferatu said as she looked at you.

There is one more question that I'd like to ask Ellen before that. The woman with child, the dark-mage woman with the scarred face, do you know who the father of that child was or might have been?"

"Ellen do not know...but she was cruel to male prisoners...that she liked...very cruel...she shares Ellen."
The creature said and shivered.

"I do not precisely know what he will decide but I know he is a good man and that it will be considered very carefully," he replied in kind. "I will relate your recommendation to him and the help you have been giving her."

"Thank you Sodales...I would take her in if my Deacon agreed to it, but I am not sure if the law would allow it, and there is a moral question though if it would be right or if she would end up as some sort of pet, not that I would treat her badly but in her current state..."
The Mercere looked down.
"My recommendation is to either find someone that will care for her and give her the time to...well I doubt she will ever recover but become someone again...either that or waiting until she sleeps and then call for someone with enough knowledge in Ars Ignem to make it quick...without the poor creature having to suffer any more."
She said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 am

"Ellen agree to this." The Nosferatu said as she looked at you.

"Thank you."

"Ellen do not know...but she was cruel to male prisoners...that she liked...very cruel...she shares Ellen." The creature said and shivered.

He frowned at that and then sighed. "Does Ellen need a map of the sewers or a regular map of the city, or both?" he asked instead, hoping to take her mind off of what she'd just told him.

"Thank you Sodales...I would take her in if my Deacon agreed to it, but I am not sure if the law would allow it, and there is a moral question though if it would be right or if she would end up as some sort of pet, not that I would treat her badly but in her current state..." The Mercere looked down. "My recommendation is to either find someone that will care for her and give her the time to...well I doubt she will ever recover but become someone again...either that or waiting until she sleeps and then call for someone with enough knowledge in Ars Ignem to make it quick...without the poor creature having to suffer any more."

This too he frowned at her words but then he gave the Mercere a small nod of his head to say that he heard her. "The situation should be considered in depth," he repeated in Enochian. Then in English to both of them, "I will be back shortly."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 am

He frowned at that and then sighed. "Does Ellen need a map of the sewers or a regular map of the city, or both?" he asked instead, hoping to take her mind off of what she'd just told him.

"Ellen says that she...will need both to show...you where the...entrance is-"
The vampire declared and looked at you.

This too he frowned at her words but then he gave the Mercere a small nod of his head to say that he heard her. "The situation should be considered in depth," he repeated in Enochian. Then in English to both of them, "I will be back shortly."

"Yes it should be considered in depth."
The Red Cap confirmed in Enochian then she nodded and replied in English.
"Very well, I will stay here and keep her company."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:37 am

"Thank you," he said to the Red Cap and then tapped at the door to let the guard know that he was coming out. "If you'll excuse me," he said, planning on heading to the computer room where there were printers and hopefully someone to help him find what he needed - scaled to comparable size maps dating in the 1940s and present for the city and its below-ground sewers.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:56 am

Betty opened the door for you to let you back out. The Red Cap just give you a smile and go back to rolling the ball to the vampire on the floor, waiting patiently for her to roll it back, playing with the ball seamed to calm the creature a little at least, reminding her that she could move now, while not being anything hard she had to relate to, she could just be and try to deal with all that she had been through.

You get up to the computer room. You see Hans there keeping an eye on a cemetery on one screen while writing code on another, he glanced up at you as you entered the room.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks what can I do for you?"
He asked with a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:16 am

"Yeah I have heard about that...a woman from the same House as me going Nephandi to save her brother...Deaconess Rose's apprentice and he was executed when he killed her rather than let the Traditions deal with her when the rescue party came...that is such a sad story..."
Colin nodded, "There is more to the story than just that, of course - there always is - but in a way, the two are still around..."

"I...do not know..."
Patricia said after a long pause.
"I am a war mage...though most would not consider a hedge wizard a mage, in either case I sort of expect to meet a violent end, and I expect my teacher to do so as well, but what you describe, I do not know what I would do in that situation."
He nodded, "Good answer. One seldom knows how one will act under the worst circumstances... You can never fully prepare for it."

"I am not so sure they can be redeemed...but is that what happened to the prisoner? Was she forced into it?"
Patrica asked and glanced at the cell door.
"Or did she become a Nephandus willingly, do you know Mr Wainwright?"
"One cannot be forced into a Caul and survive... one must enter willingly. The prisoner, though, is a widderslainte - I don't know under what circumstances her previous incarnation made their choice. In this life, she was... ill treated by a criminal Traditionalist, and at the lowest point in her life found the Nephandi and cast her lot with them in exchange for, hm, something that had been taken from her."
He scratched his cheek, "It's interesting, actually - she amassed quite a bit of power, but what she sold her soul for was motherhood. Apparently Hermetic longevity potions cause sterility as a side effect... though whether that is a women-only problem or not, I couldn't say..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 am

Colin nodded, "There is more to the story than just that, of course - there always is - but in a way, the two are still around..."

"They are reincarnated then? But the woman would be a widderslainte now? Why have not the Traditions...you know...unless she was one of the kids they do it to then."
Patricia said and looked down, she looked a bit uncomfortable at the thought.

He nodded, "Good answer. One seldom knows how one will act under the worst circumstances... You can never fully prepare for it."

"Very true Mr Wainwright, one can try to prepare and hope that when the worst comes then one will make good choices but there is no ways to know for sure before the situation is upon you."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

"One cannot be forced into a Caul and survive... one must enter willingly. The prisoner, though, is a widderslainte - I don't know under what circumstances her previous incarnation made their choice. In this life, she was... ill treated by a criminal Traditionalist, and at the lowest point in her life found the Nephandi and cast her lot with them in exchange for, hm, something that had been taken from her."

"That is just...terrible."
The hedge wizards said and looked towards the cell door with renewed compassion.
"Even so she is a enemy of all of reality now and have to be stopped, though how she got that way are horrible and tragic...did they ever punish the Traditionalist who mistreated her?"

He scratched his cheek, "It's interesting, actually - she amassed quite a bit of power, but what she sold her soul for was motherhood. Apparently Hermetic longevity potions cause sterility as a side effect... though whether that is a women-only problem or not, I couldn't say..."

"Yes Hermetic Longevity potions, at least the ones from before we got help from the Verbena to make better versions make you sterile, man or woman, as when you no longer age, you are no longer fully human, or that was the explanation I heard though other magi have children when they are several hundred years old...motherhood you say I guess at times even for a great mage it is the simplest of human things that create the strongest desire."
Patrica said looking a little puzzled but also sad.
"I wish she had found another way...but if she was already a widderslainte she was already damned was she not?"

(OOC: And then I am off to play MtG I will post more later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 am

"They are reincarnated then? But the woman would be a widderslainte now? Why have not the Traditions...you know...unless she was one of the kids they do it to then."
Colin nodded, "Legal precedent; a powerful Mentor to guide her."

"Even so she is a enemy of all of reality now and have to be stopped, though how she got that way are horrible and tragic...did they ever punish the Traditionalist who mistreated her?"
He shrugged, "I don't know... No name, so it is impossible to cross-reference. Not that it is likely the Traditionalist in question would have used their real name anyway."

"I wish she had found another way...but if she was already a widderslainte she was already damned was she not?"
He shrugged, "The Soul and the Avatar are... conjoined, but not the same. Her Avatar was already corrupted, but her mortal soul... that was what she sold for children."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next