Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 15 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:04 am

"In either case Colin, if it ever gets to be to much and you need someone to talk to, I am here for you love."
Colin smiled and gave Freddy's arm a gentle squeeze with his free hand, "I know, luv, and I will. But in private."

"Well I dislike the Technocracy myself, but I will gladly accept their words and concept, and their tech if it is useful to me."
He grinned, "Now there's pragmatism... Some of their tech still feels a little iffy, though, to say the least - their medical supplies in particular. But I'll gladly stock up on their munitions."

"That is allot of messages love, is something wrong back home?"
He sighed, "Yes, but bugger if I know precisely what... It appears the newest member of my Cabal has participated in a mission, I'm the leader of the Cabal, so I need to sort something out... Well, I'll find out what's wrong soon enough. I'll have to sort it out later, though..."

((OOC: Well, providing stalling tactics will do.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 15 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:11 am

Adley:

"Thank you for the paint, it was useful.

"Good to hear, I am glad it had it's uses Mr Roth Hicks."

Also I left something with you before I went on a run and wish to take it back now, if you don't mind." He sighed at the message from Colin and then put his phone away with a shake of his head.

"Off course I will find it."
Hans said he went to one of the drawers and pulled out a large, brown envelope he had put your belongings into and handed it to you.

Colin:

Colin smiled and gave Freddy's arm a gentle squeeze with his free hand, "I know, luv, and I will. But in private."

Freddy nodded.
"Yes it is probably something that is best discussed in private indeed love."
She agreed.
"Just know that I am here for you."

He grinned, "Now there's pragmatism... Some of their tech still feels a little iffy, though, to say the least - their medical supplies in particular. But I'll gladly stock up on their munitions."

"Some Progenitors would make Nazi doctors flinch but yes their ammunition is good and so are their computer tech, only a shame their most advanced computer sort of eats Avatars...I mean I have heard about selling your soul to Apple but that just take it to a whole new level."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

He sighed, "Yes, but bugger if I know precisely what... It appears the newest member of my Cabal has participated in a mission, I'm the leader of the Cabal, so I need to sort something out... Well, I'll find out what's wrong soon enough. I'll have to sort it out later, though..."

"The newest member of your Cabal...the former Craft mage Dreamspeaker that walks around with Jaws right? How much trouble could he have gotten himself in, it is his first week at Steelhaven after all, he have probably just stepped on a few toes."
Freddy said and sigh.

(OOC: Ok this is embarrassing but try as I might I can not remember what it was Adley left with Harris so if anyone can just let me know since it have slipped my mind and I hope my reply was not to off.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 am

"Off course I will find it." Hans said he went to one of the drawers and pulled out a large, brown envelope

"Thank you," he said and checked to make sure it was in order and then tucked that under his arm also. "Take care sir," he said with a nod. The next place he headed was to check in with the Euthanatos before they went home. He wasn't sure if anyone had told them what was going on.

// iirc, it was the stuff he teleported from Tyler's motorbike trunk in thread 13, unless we already got them back and I'm remembering wrong. No need to be embarrassed at any rate.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 am

"Some Progenitors would make Nazi doctors flinch but yes their ammunition is good and so are their computer tech, only a shame their most advanced computer sort of eats Avatars...I mean I have heard about selling your soul to Apple but that just take it to a whole new level."
Colin snorted, "Quite; Apple, at least, only want your money."

"The newest member of your Cabal...the former Craft mage Dreamspeaker that walks around with Jaws right? How much trouble could he have gotten himself in, it is his first week at Steelhaven after all, he have probably just stepped on a few toes."
He frowned, "Yes, Mr. Karyak... It may be just a few toes, but I got a message from mr. Haagen and mr. Riez regarding whatever he did on a mission with them, and Chief Morgan is concerned as well - if things have escalated that far that fast, this is probably going to mean I'll have to do something drastic with the young man..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 am

Adley:

Everything you got from Tyler seamed to be in order, what information she had gathered and Tian's written and signed statement, it was all there in the brown envelope.
"You as well Mr Roth Hicks."
Hans said and gave you a smile.
"Oh and give my regards to Miss Adlebloom would you. I went up to the infirmary to see her, she is family after all, but she was asleep at that time and I did not want to wake her and I hear she is going home to Bostorn. Wish her a speedy recovery from me if you would be so kind."
The Virtual Adept asked.

You find Adjan in the sitting room your group had been given. Fran was still sleeping but he and Richard was up and was having a quiet conversation as you popped your heard in. Adjan stood and now, tired as he was you could see that his previously wounded leg was giving him a bit of trouble as he stood and walked over to you to hear what you had to say without your voice waking Francesca. You see Richard frowning over the Euthanatos' slight limping.
"Hi...is all well my friend."
Adjan asked as he reached you.

Colin:

Colin snorted, "Quite; Apple, at least, only want your money."

"True that...well I am very glad I was not made it's dinner...at some point someone should smash that machine to bits."
Freddy declared and frowned.

He frowned, "Yes, Mr. Karyak... It may be just a few toes, but I got a message from mr. Haagen and mr. Riez regarding whatever he did on a mission with them, and Chief Morgan is concerned as well - if things have escalated that far that fast, this is probably going to mean I'll have to do something drastic with the young man..."

"You are probably right love, if it was just stepping on a few toes then there would probably not be that many messages from that many people having a beef with him. Perhaps Mr Karyak is having a problem adjusting to life among the Traditions. I do not know about how his Craft works at all but it might be very different from how the Council of Nine run things."
Freddy commented though she did look a little concerned then she sigh.
"Well I am sure you will figure it out you tend to be good at that love."

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:55 am

"Oh and give my regards to Miss Adlebloom would you. I went up to the infirmary to see her, she is family after all, but she was asleep at that time and I did not want to wake her and I hear she is going home to Bostorn. Wish her a speedy recovery from me if you would be so kind."

"I will do that, of course. And let her know you stopped by," he agreed.

"Hi...is all well my friend." Adjan asked as he reached you.

Adley gave him a concerned look as he started limping and offered a hand out to help him. "Do you need assistance?" he asked. "I've just stopped by..." he stopped and glanced into the room at sleeping Fran and Richard. He took out his notebook and wrote down, 'Some of us are heading back, though some plan on returning,' he began.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am

"True that...well I am very glad I was not made it's dinner...at some point someone should smash that machine to bits."
Colin nodded, "I'm glad you escaped, too... hmm, what was it our techie called the data loss problem? Bit rot? Perhaps someone should introduce a bit of that to the computer?"

"You are probably right love, if it was just stepping on a few toes then there would probably not be that many messages from that many people having a beef with him. Perhaps Mr Karyak is having a problem adjusting to life among the Traditions. I do not know about how his Craft works at all but it might be very different from how the Council of Nine run things."
He pondered, "He is young and talented, but it might be that his far... simpler view of things clashes with the more Traditional practices. Farm boy in the big city, that sort of thing..."

"Well I am sure you will figure it out you tend to be good at that love."
He sighed, "Yes, I suppose I will - I just hope I can resolve the problem without the need for House Guernicus..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:25 am

Adley

"I will do that, of course. And let her know you stopped by," he agreed.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, I appreciate it."
Hans said and gave you a warm smile.

Adley gave him a concerned look as he started limping and offered a hand out to help him. "Do you need assistance?" he asked.

Adjan did not protest when you offered a hand to steady him.
"Thank you my friend, I will be fine, it is just to much walking around on a newly healed leg, the damage is healed but the new tissue is sensitive, when I have sat down for a while I should be fine."
He said but he sounded less sure than he pretended to be.

"I've just stopped by..." he stopped and glanced into the room at sleeping Fran and Richard. He took out his notebook and wrote down, 'Some of us are heading back, though some plan on returning,' he began.

Adjan read what you had written then he said.
"I would like to stay and help out with the attack against the Labyrinth here unless I am urgently needed back home, I do not know about Fran and Dr Lee though."
He said and glanced into the room.
"It depend on how you are returning. I do not want to tax our teleporters, but Morningstar already have someone skilled at mundane medicine for when magick fail, while Steelhaven is running low with...well you know why, I might be more needed at home."
Richard whispered.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I'm glad you escaped, too... hmm, what was it our techie called the data loss problem? Bit rot? Perhaps someone should introduce a bit of that to the computer?"

"Yeah, that should do...they again they say the Computer is a spirit, an Incarna no less, perhaps affecting it like you would a regular computer would not do that much, then again, it is taking on the persona of a computer so it might very well be as sensitive as a real one."
Freddy said poundering the problem.
"Well dealing with the Nephandi first...then we can install Windows 10 on the poor thing."
She said with an evil grin.

He pondered, "He is young and talented, but it might be that his far... simpler view of things clashes with the more Traditional practices. Farm boy in the big city, that sort of thing..."

"Well if he is willing to learn it should just be a matter of explaining things to him properly."
Freddy said and scratched her head.
"So let us hope he is willing to listen, I would not want to see him get into trouble. He might be more inclined to listen to you though love, many lump Orphans and Craft mages into the same basket."

He sighed, "Yes, I suppose I will - I just hope I can resolve the problem without the need for House Guernicus..."

"Yeah amen to that...we have seen enough of them for a while...well other than Master Steelhaven that is, he is a member of House Guernicus as well...hum...I wonder how he was when he was actually practicing law, I am not sure I would want to find himself on the opposing side in a conflict."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:25 am

"Well dealing with the Nephandi first...then we can install Windows 10 on the poor thing."
Colin grinned, "Vista, luv... Ten and even eight have their strong, positive sides, by all accounts. Vista doesn't even have that..."

"So let us hope he is willing to listen, I would not want to see him get into trouble. He might be more inclined to listen to you though love, many lump Orphans and Craft mages into the same basket."
He nodded, "Let us hope so... If not, there may be unpleasantries in store for him. Very bad ones..."

"Yeah amen to that...we have seen enough of them for a while...well other than Master Steelhaven that is, he is a member of House Guernicus as well...hum...I wonder how he was when he was actually practicing law, I am not sure I would want to find himself on the opposing side in a conflict."
"I would guess something like a steel bar wrapped in soft leather. Pleasant enough under peaceful circumstances, but in full swing, you don't even notice the padding is there..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:49 am

Colin grinned, "Vista, luv... Ten and even eight have their strong, positive sides, by all accounts. Vista doesn't even have that..."

Freddy giggled.
"Ah yes off course you do have a good point there...let us install Vista on the Computer...ah what a delight, though I suspect it will not be so easy to just waltz right in and do it, but a girl can dream can she not."

He nodded, "Let us hope so... If not, there may be unpleasantries in store for him. Very bad ones..."

"Yes, the Traditions are not always kind, especially to those who just refuse to listen, hopefully it can be sorted out though."
The Virtual Adept said but she did look a bit concerned.

"I would guess something like a steel bar wrapped in soft leather. Pleasant enough under peaceful circumstances, but in full swing, you don't even notice the padding is there..."

"Yeah...I mean he is this sweet old grandfather now, but there is steel there. It takes allot to start a Chantry and keep everything together, I do not think Master Steelhaven is a man one should underestimate."
Freddy commented.
"And he might have been one hell of an Enforcer back in the day."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:15 pm

"Ah yes off course you do have a good point there...let us install Vista on the Computer...ah what a delight, though I suspect it will not be so easy to just waltz right in and do it, but a girl can dream can she not."
He smirked, "Well, I suppose it could be attempted during an assault on MECHA... I hear those are something of a rite of passage to begin with; installing Vista on the Computer might be worth quite a few bonus points..."

"Yes, the Traditions are not always kind, especially to those who just refuse to listen, hopefully it can be sorted out though."
"...Or those with merely selective hearing. Hopefully, at worst I can persuade mr. Karyak to mend his ways, or at least convince Coawa to shepherd his brother so there won't come to outright unpleasantries in the future..."

"Yeah...I mean he is this sweet old grandfather now, but there is steel there. It takes allot to start a Chantry and keep everything together, I do not think Master Steelhaven is a man one should underestimate."
He grinned, "It's hard to surprise someone who sets up a teacup for a guest three minutes before you decide to go visit him..."

"And he might have been one hell of an Enforcer back in the day."
"Let's see, he's got a subtle but sufficiently precise constant precognition going, and a very nice rote for transcribing testimony more accurate than the witness can relate offhand... I suspect he was ever more efficient as an investigator than as brute force. But he could most likely give Chief Morgan a run for his money in single combat, as well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:34 pm

He smirked, "Well, I suppose it could be attempted during an assault on MECHA... I hear those are something of a rite of passage to begin with; installing Vista on the Computer might be worth quite a few bonus points..."

"I am not so sure The Computer's hardware are on Mecha though but it seams all Iteration X Constructs, that is what they call their Chantries have access to it. Yeah House Flambeau do have a rite of passage to become full members of the House where they have to attack a Construct and come back to tell the tale, perhaps we could convince some young firecracker to get up to no good with the Computer...then again I am not so sure we should send apprentices to close to the Avatar eating machine god."
Freddy said and shook her head.
"That might not end to well."

"...Or those with merely selective hearing. Hopefully, at worst I can persuade mr. Karyak to mend his ways, or at least convince Coawa to shepherd his brother so there won't come to outright unpleasantries in the future..."

"You are thinking about asking the wereshark for help Colin? I guess that can work if he will listen but yes...selective hearing is well and good sometimes, but it is not a habit one should be having when it comes to more powerful and often grumpy mages."
The technomancer said frowning.

He grinned, "It's hard to surprise someone who sets up a teacup for a guest three minutes before you decide to go visit him..."

"True...Master Steelhaven is a archmage of Time they say, I can not even imagine the things he can do to manipulate events around him, and they say Forces are dangerous."

"Let's see, he's got a subtle but sufficiently precise constant precognition going, and a very nice rote for transcribing testimony more accurate than the witness can relate offhand... I suspect he was ever more efficient as an investigator than as brute force. But he could most likely give Chief Morgan a run for his money in single combat, as well."

"Now that would have been a cage match I would have liked to see love, Master Steelhaven vs Chief Morgan...no wait, that is a cage match I would have like to see from very, very far away."
Freddy said and grinned.
"But yes I suspect Master Steelhaven would have been a good investigator, and probably a good advocate as well the way he care about others so much."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

"I am not so sure The Computer's hardware are on Mecha though but it seams all Iteration X Constructs, that is what they call their Chantries have access to it. Yeah House Flambeau do have a rite of passage to become full members of the House where they have to attack a Construct and come back to tell the tale, perhaps we could convince some young firecracker to get up to no good with the Computer...then again I am not so sure we should send apprentices to close to the Avatar eating machine god."
Colin nodded, "Right... So, team up with the Flambeau and give each participant a USB modem or somesuch so a Virtual Adept can try to remote in and play havoc with the connection from the Construct? The idea does have some superficial merit, at least. And I'm sure many a young Flambeau would be only too happy to have 'plug this thing into a computer with a USB port, if you happen to come across one' as a minor objective on the way."

"You are thinking about asking the wereshark for help Colin? I guess that can work if he will listen but yes...selective hearing is well and good sometimes, but it is not a habit one should be having when it comes to more powerful and often grumpy mages."
He smiled, "As I understand it, the wereshark is mr. Karyak's brother... or at least, adopted brother. They are quite protective of one another, and I believe Coawa might be the more rational of the two when it comes to recognizing which fights are worth inviting, and which ones should be avoided. Again, it depends a lot on what has transpired - but Chief Morgan's concern leads me to suspect it could be potentially bad. I might have to order the young man to some punitive task, depending on the severity..."

"True...Master Steelhaven is a archmage of Time they say, I can not even imagine the things he can do to manipulate events around him, and they say Forces are dangerous."
He grinned, "A master of Forces can heave so much hurt on you that your grandchildren will be born with bruises. A master of Time can heave so much hurt on you that your grandparents were born with bruises."

"Now that would have been a cage match I would have liked to see love, Master Steelhaven vs Chief Morgan...no wait, that is a cage match I would have like to see from very, very far away."
He chuckled, "Interdimensional pay-per-view? I'm sure some Virtual Adepts could accomplish as much."

"But yes I suspect Master Steelhaven would have been a good investigator, and probably a good advocate as well the way he care about others so much."
"I'm sure we could read up on his, hm, case history. His autobiography would likely be a fascinating read."
He scratched his cheek, "In fact, I would be surprised if it didn't have the makings of a bestseller... in the fantasy genre, of course."

((OOC: Look out, Harry Dresden, here comes George Steelhaven to encroach on your turf! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Colin nodded, "Right... So, team up with the Flambeau and give each participant a USB modem or somesuch so a Virtual Adept can try to remote in and play havoc with the connection from the Construct? The idea does have some superficial merit, at least.

"That could actually work and a skilled Adept could do some damage, perhaps not to the Computer itself but at least to that individual Construct's systems, who knows one could perhaps even get some good intel out of it as well if one is lucky."
Freddy said and grinned.
"I guess I have to talk with Master Morgan about that idea at some point...though perhaps leaving out the technical stuff."

And I'm sure many a young Flambeau would be only too happy to have 'plug this thing into a computer with a USB port, if you happen to come across one' as a minor objective on the way."

"Well it never hurts to ask them the next time I hear they are arranging for a apprentice's Gauntlet."

He smiled, "As I understand it, the wereshark is mr. Karyak's brother... or at least, adopted brother. They are quite protective of one another, and I believe Coawa might be the more rational of the two when it comes to recognizing which fights are worth inviting, and which ones should be avoided.

"Hum...I have not met Mr Coawa so I would not know, but he might be open to understanding that there are some real danger to Mr Karyak and that it is not just for them to fight their way out of it either...it might be a good plan."

Again, it depends a lot on what has transpired - but Chief Morgan's concern leads me to suspect it could be potentially bad. I might have to order the young man to some punitive task, depending on the severity..."

"You better stock up on toothbrushes and floor wash."
Freddy joked.
"Seriously though, considering how much have been going on, I am concerned, Chief Morgan would probably not have addressed a insignificant problem right now and rather waited until the current crisis are dealt with, there have to be something serious enough to take the time to deal with right away...and that do not sound good love."

He grinned, "A master of Forces can heave so much hurt on you that your grandchildren will be born with bruises. A master of Time can heave so much hurt on you that your grandparents were born with bruises."

"Or just make sure your grandparents never met in the first place, erasing you from existence."
Freddy commented.
"Which is more scary then fireballs."

He chuckled, "Interdimensional pay-per-view? I'm sure some Virtual Adepts could accomplish as much."

"Off course we can, there are a guy that has a set up so he can broadcast radio signals from Horizon so one can catch up on the news from our capitol here on earth, one can do that with any kind of signals so that is not a problem, I do pity the realm those two had a fight in through."

"I'm sure we could read up on his, hm, case history. His autobiography would likely be a fascinating read."
He scratched his cheek, "In fact, I would be surprised if it didn't have the makings of a bestseller... in the fantasy genre, of course."

"The Technocracy would not love you if you published a real mage's autobiography as a fantasy novel, you might get to see how a Hit-Mark looks up close and that...would not be good."
Freddy said then she grinned.
"But it sure would be an interesting read."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 pm

"That could actually work and a skilled Adept could do some damage, perhaps not to the Computer itself but at least to that individual Construct's systems, who knows one could perhaps even get some good intel out of it as well if one is lucky."
Colin grinned, "Plans within plans..."

"I guess I have to talk with Master Morgan about that idea at some point...though perhaps leaving out the technical stuff."
"Indeed, there's enough smoke coming out of his ears when he tries to navigate the menus on his phone."

"Hum...I have not met Mr Coawa so I would not know, but he might be open to understanding that there are some real danger to Mr Karyak and that it is not just for them to fight their way out of it either...it might be a good plan."
"It's worth keeping in mind, at least. The two are quite close, so it seems reasonable they'd be willing to protect each other from their own mistakes."

"You better stock up on toothbrushes and floor wash."
Freddy joked.
"Seriously though, considering how much have been going on, I am concerned, Chief Morgan would probably not have addressed a insignificant problem right now and rather waited until the current crisis are dealt with, there have to be something serious enough to take the time to deal with right away...and that do not sound good love."
He smiled, "Actually, I subscribe to Chief Morgan's philosophy on punishment... It needs to fit the crime, as it were, and it needs to reinforce the point of why something needs to be punished, rather than instill a long-lasting trauma without the clarity of cause and effect... I've got one of my own to take care of after the crisis, since I seized an opportunity to convince a Technocrat to hand us intel on the Boston Fallen... alone. It paid off, but it still was, well, foolhardy."

"Or just make sure your grandparents never met in the first place, erasing you from existence."
Freddy commented.
"Which is more scary then fireballs."
"The question would be how much such erasure would hurt relative to the equivalent fireball..."

"Off course we can, there are a guy that has a set up so he can broadcast radio signals from Horizon so one can catch up on the news from our capitol here on earth, one can do that with any kind of signals so that is not a problem, I do pity the realm those two had a fight in through."
"I'm sure some insulated pocket could be arranged for them to play in without worrying about collateral damage."

"The Technocracy would not love you if you published a real mage's autobiography as a fantasy novel, you might get to see how a Hit-Mark looks up close and that...would not be good."
"Technically, I've met two today... One helped rescue miss Bergen here, the other is the Deaconess of Flamingo Chantry, present here tonight to help in the fight. The good Deaconess Darnell has been... ill treated, even if her loyalty remains as solid as the Primium she's been cast in..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Adjan did not protest when you offered a hand to steady him. "Thank you my friend, I will be fine, it is just to much walking around on a newly healed leg, the damage is healed but the new tissue is sensitive, when I have sat down for a while I should be fine."

He gave him a measured nod but didn't look entirely convinced that he was fine, after all he'd had his leg broken and then gotten stabbed within just a few days.

"I would like to stay and help out with the attack against the Labyrinth here unless I am urgently needed back home, I do not know about Fran and Dr Lee though." He said and glanced into the room. "It depend on how you are returning. I do not want to tax our teleporters, but Morningstar already have someone skilled at mundane medicine for when magick fail, while Steelhaven is running low with...well you know why, I might be more needed at home."

He returned the note, 'Some of us would be returning for the labyrinth here. They are doing a portal out. I assume it may be similar back if there is more than one of us, and it would probably be two back at least. It is up to you, or you could call in to see, but I thought you should know what was happening. However the portal is going up now though so there is not much time to linger on it.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Plans within plans..."

Freddy grinned a bit at that.

"Indeed, there's enough smoke coming out of his ears when he tries to navigate the menus on his phone."

Freddy gave a bit of a laugh at that.
"Well at least he can place calls and send messages now even if he phrase them as letters."

"It's worth keeping in mind, at least. The two are quite close, so it seems reasonable they'd be willing to protect each other from their own mistakes."

"Hum...I hope you are right love it would make keeping your new Cabalmate out of trouble a whole lot easier, for if you can not get the shapeshifter to work with you, well then you might need a bigger boat...and a whole lot more patience...depending on what the issue is off course."
She said and frowned.

He smiled, "Actually, I subscribe to Chief Morgan's philosophy on punishment... It needs to fit the crime, as it were, and it needs to reinforce the point of why something needs to be punished, rather than instill a long-lasting trauma without the clarity of cause and effect... I've got one of my own to take care of after the crisis, since I seized an opportunity to convince a Technocrat to hand us intel on the Boston Fallen... alone. It paid off, but it still was, well, foolhardy."

"Yes it seams that Master Morgan prefers educational punishments to just punitive ones, and just to make it perfectly clear I am not to please about you talking with a blood Union man alone either, but you did get me flowers so I guess I will forgive you though you still owe me a few desserts on that one."
Freddy griped.
"You where making a plaque was you not, commemorating those magi of Boston who have lost their lives to the Technocracy?"

"The question would be how much such erasure would hurt relative to the equivalent fireball..."

"Paradox would slap you around like a drunk domina at a Goth ball that just sat down on a cactus and needed someone to take it out on."
Freddy commented dryly.
"Messing with time is not a good way to get a long and happy life...well as anything but a Marauder."

"I'm sure some insulated pocket could be arranged for them to play in without worrying about collateral damage."

"Is not that what the nukes are doing every year, they create a realm for themselves and then compete in who can cast the most destructive spell, usually ending up ripping the realm to shreds again before they are done, just a bunch of Flambeau letting loose and tossing fireballs and every other destructive spell they know everywhere, the Chief usually attend every year..."

"Technically, I've met two today... One helped rescue miss Bergen here, the other is the Deaconess of Flamingo Chantry, present here tonight to help in the fight. The good Deaconess Darnell has been... ill treated, even if her loyalty remains as solid as the Primium she's been cast in..."

"The man we met at the apartment building was not a Hit-Mark love he is a regular run of the mill Iteration X cyborg, the two are not the same. Yes he have some Primium parts so he must have been valued but the conversion rate for an actual Hit-Mark are much higher, they are left with only their brains and a bit of spine being organic that man...ehm Victor something was it not? He looked to be about oh, seventy percent machine perhaps around there about."
Freddy said then she looked sad.
"I can imagine if the Deaconess you speak of actually escaped after she had been converted, I bet many fear her and fear breeds hate unfortunately, it is a real shame."

Adley:

He returned the note, 'Some of us would be returning for the labyrinth here. They are doing a portal out. I assume it may be similar back if there is more than one of us, and it would probably be two back at least. It is up to you, or you could call in to see, but I thought you should know what was happening. However the portal is going up now though so there is not much time to linger on it.'

"I appreciate you telling me Adley. I think I will stay in case I am needed and besides then I can let Fran sleep a bit longer, if nothing else and I am needed back home I can get there fairly quickly through the Umbra."
Adjan said. Richard got up and went to join you though.
"Like I said I do think I will join you, I bet Steelhaven could use another healer just about now with all that is going on."
The Akashic said. Adjan nodded.
"They probably can...save journey both of you."
He said and offered you and your Cabalmate a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:24 pm

"I appreciate you telling me Adley. I think I will stay in case I am needed and besides then I can let Fran sleep a bit longer, if nothing else and I am needed back home I can get there fairly quickly through the Umbra."

He nodded and wrote out to Adjan, 'Very well. Please be careful φιλε μου, help keep Fran and the chantry safe and let us know if something comes up.

"Like I said I do think I will join you, I bet Steelhaven could use another healer just about now with all that is going on." The Akashic said.

He gave Richard a nod and then put the notebook away. Then he rearranged the bundle under his arm carefully and offered to help Adjan to sit down somewhere in the room before he left. After that, he hurried down to the portal room, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:37 pm

He nodded and wrote out to Adjan, 'Very well. Please be careful φιλε μου, help keep Fran and the chantry safe and let us know if something comes up.

Adjan read the note then he nodded.
"I will my friend."
He said and gave you a smile.

He gave Richard a nod and then put the notebook away. Then he rearranged the bundle under his arm carefully and offered to help Adjan to sit down somewhere in the room before he left.

Adjan let you help him to sit down in one of the chairs though he did not like having to get help, he was a proud man. Hopefully his leg would get better if he got a little rest.

After that, he hurried down to the portal room, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Richard joined you as you hurried to the portal room. You see Colin, Freddy and Liv there. Freddy was leaning on Colin's arm but at least she was on her feet though her eyes did not focus. Liv stood holding onto Freddy's hand but she smiled when she saw you.
"Hi Mr Roth Hicks and Dr Lee."
She said politely in Latin. Freddy let go of Colin for a moment to give you a wave.
"Hi."
She said then she quickly grabbed a hold of the Orphan's arm to steady herself again. Richard smiles to those already gathered in the round chamber.
"Good evening."
He said simply, he was often a man of few words.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 pm

"Hello, my apologies for keeping you waiting. I hope one more person will not add to the burden." Then he glanced at Colin. "I got your text, amicus dare I even ask or can it wait until we are back?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:39 pm

"We have not been waiting very long Adley."
Freddy said and gave you a bit of a smile.
"I can not make portals myself yet but I know a bit about them, the number of people going though will normally not make the rote more difficult to cast, maintain or attract more Paradox."
The Virtual Adept said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Not if i can help it. For now i'm in charge of taking care of you. I'll take you to my home, you'll come and go with me, you'll clean yourself, you won't be working any magick, since you can't so you won't scape and i'll keep an eye on you. We'll try to make a case and see if we can avoid horizon or talk the council of nine into letting you out. If not, we'll try a shapeshifter cleansing ritual. He said, placing a hand on Cadence. Even if you are to be in horizon, we'll fight 'till the end, alright? he asked with a soft smile.

I never intended on leaving her alone, but if someone else could come, that'd be great. I only have bruises, but if you want to take care of them, i suppose healing them now is more comfortable than in a couple of days.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:47 am

"Well at least he can place calls and send messages now even if he phrase them as letters."
Colin grinned, "Well, I think his romantic endeavours may help him in that regard. Who would have thought, that ornery old technophobe, falling for a technomancer like that."

"Hum...I hope you are right love it would make keeping your new Cabalmate out of trouble a whole lot easier, for if you can not get the shapeshifter to work with you, well then you might need a bigger boat...and a whole lot more patience...depending on what the issue is off course."
He grimaced, "If the 'bigger boat' scenario were to come up, I fear I would be forced to dismiss mr. Karyak from the Cabal and run for cover as the Enforcers took over - Coawa is registered as his Custos, so any hostile action taken by Coawa against me would likely be an immediate grounds for arrest and subsequent trial... Let us hope it won't come to that."

"Yes it seams that Master Morgan prefers educational punishments to just punitive ones, and just to make it perfectly clear I am not to please about you talking with a blood Union man alone either, but you did get me flowers so I guess I will forgive you though you still owe me a few desserts on that one."
Freddy griped.
"You where making a plaque was you not, commemorating those magi of Boston who have lost their lives to the Technocracy?"
He grinned, "Yes, yes, I get that you disagree with my calculated risk - and to be honest, if I hadn't already exchanged a few words with the man prior, so I actually had a good look at how he behaved and looked at Traditionalists, I would not have approached him like that at all. As it is, I would trust that Technocrat to observe the accorded neutral ground at the Umbral Port and deal fairly with me so long as the Fallen were the only matter on the table. No more than that. Besides, I did manage to save Thorn Northwind's life in the process, so I genuinely don't regret it - nor do I disagree with the Chief's punishment for my actions. I have a few design ideas in place for the plaque - and it will be a display I can take some pride in."

"Paradox would slap you around like a drunk domina at a Goth ball that just sat down on a cactus and needed someone to take it out on."
Freddy commented dryly.
"Messing with time is not a good way to get a long and happy life...well as anything but a Marauder."
"A lovely mental image - hopefully, miss Bergen doesn't grasp enough English to understand that... but yes, I rather meant getting hit by such spells rather than getting the backlash of doing so..."

"Is not that what the nukes are doing every year, they create a realm for themselves and then compete in who can cast the most destructive spell, usually ending up ripping the realm to shreds again before they are done, just a bunch of Flambeau letting loose and tossing fireballs and every other destructive spell they know everywhere, the Chief usually attend every year..."
"And yet it's the Cult of Ecstacy who gets the reputation for partying hard. There's no justice..."

"The man we met at the apartment building was not a Hit-Mark love he is a regular run of the mill Iteration X cyborg, the two are not the same. Yes he have some Primium parts so he must have been valued but the conversion rate for an actual Hit-Mark are much higher, they are left with only their brains and a bit of spine being organic that man...ehm Victor something was it not? He looked to be about oh, seventy percent machine perhaps around there about."
"A fair distinction."

"I can imagine if the Deaconess you speak of actually escaped after she had been converted, I bet many fear her and fear breeds hate unfortunately, it is a real shame."
He nodded, "And it's apparently the Virtual Adepts in Chicago who deny her a flesh mask, as it were, to conceal her mechanical nature... Damn shame; she's a good and noble woman, and deserves better than having to wear twenty pounds of veils to conceal herself."

"Hello, my apologies for keeping you waiting. I hope one more person will not add to the burden." Then he glanced at Colin. "I got your text, amicus dare I even ask or can it wait until we are back?"
"Adley, ah, Dr. Lee, you're coming along too? I'm sure the courage isn't a problem for the noble house Flambeau, but to be honest, I know almost as little as you do... It appears mr. Karyak has... done something that bothered mr. Haagen and mr. Riez, and subsequently Chief Morgan. And i am suddenly saddled with sorting it out... Hopefully, I'll get a few explanations once I get back..."
He sighed and fished out his phone, "Ah, well, one headache at a time..."
He quickly tapped in a message to Cita, "Party of five, beam us up."

((OOC: Pathfinder game today. The party went underground and found a dozen Morlocks. And half a dozen Dream Eater Morlocks. And promptly obliterated them... Shocked Then they found an underground spring with magic water that gave a +4 Charisma boost for an hour... and caused level drain for nonchaotic characters, nonevil characters, and if the imbiber were Lawful Good, that's another negative level for spite... And the Monk fed the Morlock corpses to his pet Mimic...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 am

"We have not been waiting very long Adley." Freddy said and gave you a bit of a smile. "I can not make portals myself yet but I know a bit about them, the number of people going though will normally not make the rote more difficult to cast, maintain or attract more Paradox."

"That's good." He stepped closer to the others and put the files into his coat, tucked in the crook of his arm and zipped it back up. "I had hoped that was the case."

"Adley, ah, Dr. Lee, you're coming along too? I'm sure the courage isn't a problem for the noble house Flambeau, but to be honest, I know almost as little as you do... It appears mr. Karyak has... done something that bothered mr. Haagen and mr. Riez, and subsequently Chief Morgan. And i am suddenly saddled with sorting it out... Hopefully, I'll get a few explanations once I get back..." He sighed and fished out his phone, "Ah, well, one headache at a time..."

Adley frowned at what he said and shook his head. "Just what we don't need, more problems." He looked down and then back at him. "I said that I thought you would make a good leader after what happened at the beginning of the week..." He looked a little humiliated but then added, "I hope that it's something that can be sorted out, as you say. Quickly, too."

// >.< haha well those Morlocks didn't see what was coming. I suppose the magic water was helpful to the party if they were non good xD. Reminds me of this one time in a game I was in we came to a pool of water inside a laboratory. My druid said not to drink the water or even go in it because it was dead and no water should be so sterile. Someone did anyway and the results were...not good.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:02 am

Adley frowned at what he said and shook his head. "Just what we don't need, more problems." He looked down and then back at him. "I said that I thought you would make a good leader after what happened at the beginning of the week..." He looked a little humiliated but then added, "I hope that it's something that can be sorted out, as you say. Quickly, too."
Colin nodded, "I thank you for the vote of confidence, son, but I hope you can forgive my looking at you with a bit of exasperated affection right now. But yes, the important thing seems to be to find out what the issue is, and then some swift damage control. Hopefully, that can wait until morning..."

((OOC: Well, the party is neutral-to-good, except the Alchemist, who is Lawful Evil. And he's the town doctor; Dr. Viktor Karloff. Who has plans for making alchemical flesh golems in his cellar. And Wisdom 7, unless he's using his Dex-boosting (and equally Wisdom-draining) mutagen for combat. The player considers it roughly even odds that the character will meet his end at a mob with torches and pitchforks - and even odds that the mob will be led by the rest of the party. Even the Asmodeus-pacted Warlock has better moral guidelines. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next