Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 16 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:53 am

Tane:

Not if i can help it. For now i'm in charge of taking care of you. I'll take you to my home, you'll come and go with me, you'll clean yourself, you won't be working any magick, since you can't so you won't scape and i'll keep an eye on you.

"Well going with you is better than a cell...I did not expect to be allowed to use magick no. Yes sure I will take care of my own hygiene I am an adult woman...as for escaping...well you have treated m decently so I will not like to you, if I can get away so I can save my Avatar off course I will."

We'll try to make a case and see if we can avoid horizon or talk the council of nine into letting you out. If not, we'll try a shapeshifter cleansing ritual. He said, placing a hand on Cadence.

"There is no way to avoid being sent to Horizon ehm...I do not think I know your name..."
Cadence said sadly.
"The law is the law...but what are a shapeshifter cleansing ritual?"
The Nephandus asked nervously.

Even if you are to be in horizon, we'll fight 'till the end, alright? he asked with a soft smile.

Cadence lifted one hand to dry some of her tears though fresh ones soon took their place.
"Yeah...going down fighting is better than well...just sitting and waiting for it I guess even if the end result is the same."
She muttered.

I never intended on leaving her alone, but if someone else could come, that'd be great. I only have bruises, but if you want to take care of them, i suppose healing them now is more comfortable than in a couple of days.

Ingmar gave you a stern look.
"You where not planning on leaving her alone and yet you where planning on taking a shower. Now this might sound strange coming from a Verbena but I am not comfortable with someone placed in authority over a prisoner being naked in front of that prisoner, especially if the prisoner is of the opposite gender. I am not saying you had any intentions you should not Mr Karyak, but when dealing with captives we have to be vigilant since they are in such a helpless position, it just is not proper for a man to be naked in front of a female prisoner."
He said then he added.
"You also say that Miss Getwater will come and go with you. I can guarantee you the Chief will not go for that, not in a million years. If he let you take charge of the prisoner what he meant is for you to take her home, tie her down, lock her up and keep her under guard, you can not have her like a walk with your Pokemon pet and have her follow you around, that is just begging for trouble."
The healer said and shook his head before he begun to cut runes into his own arms wincing a little as he did so.
"I will take care of your bruises, just sit still for a moment."
He said then he begun to chant in German and you feel your bruises heal and you feel the soreness in your scalp slowly going away as the Verbena worked.
"Do you want me to try to do something about ehm...your hair while I am at it Mr Karyak?"
Ingmar asked as he worked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 16 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:21 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I think his romantic endeavours may help him in that regard. Who would have thought, that ornery old technophobe, falling for a technomancer like that."

"Really so the way I have seen Chief Morgan and Master Telar look at one another is not just my imagination?"
Freddy said then she smiled a little.
"Aww though I am less impressed that a technophobe would fall for a technomancer than that our Chief Morgan with his history with the Union would fall for a Virtual Adept old enough to once having been a Technocrat. But I guess the heart will want who the heart will want eh."

He grimaced, "If the 'bigger boat' scenario were to come up, I fear I would be forced to dismiss mr. Karyak from the Cabal and run for cover as the Enforcers took over - Coawa is registered as his Custos, so any hostile action taken by Coawa against me would likely be an immediate grounds for arrest and subsequent trial... Let us hope it won't come to that."

"Yes, let us hope it will not come to that, it would be most unfortunate."
Freddy said then she squeezed your arm.
"Besides no one is allowed to take a bite out of you, I might allow nibbling but now bites."
She said and grinned.

He grinned, "Yes, yes, I get that you disagree with my calculated risk - and to be honest, if I hadn't already exchanged a few words with the man prior, so I actually had a good look at how he behaved and looked at Traditionalists, I would not have approached him like that at all. As it is, I would trust that Technocrat to observe the accorded neutral ground at the Umbral Port and deal fairly with me so long as the Fallen were the only matter on the table. No more than that. Besides, I did manage to save Thorn Northwind's life in the process, so I genuinely don't regret it - nor do I disagree with the Chief's punishment for my actions. I have a few design ideas in place for the plaque - and it will be a display I can take some pride in."

"I guess you are right and it was on neutral ground and it is good you managed to save the life of that Verbena Adept, Bee would have been heartbroken if she had lost a member of her Coven, and Master Nassa would be even more of a storm cloud. However be careful in the future ok, never trust a Technocrat."
Freddy said sounding concerned then she nodded.
"I am sure the plaque will be lovely, you do good work love."

"A lovely mental image - hopefully, miss Bergen doesn't grasp enough English to understand that... but yes, I rather meant getting hit by such spells rather than getting the backlash of doing so..."

Freddy grimaced at looked at Liv, who did not seam to have understood what the Virtual Adept just said.
"Oops...I am going to be such a terrible mother...but ehm yes being hit with such a rote is not something you would want, it would not be good."
She said looking a bit guilty.

"And yet it's the Cult of Ecstacy who gets the reputation for partying hard. There's no justice..."

"Ah let the nukes have their fun, it must be frustrating to have all that power and never really being able to let loose other than those contests but yes indeed that is some party, perhaps they should bring the Cultists along next time."

"A fair distinction."

Freddy nodded at that.

He nodded, "And it's apparently the Virtual Adepts in Chicago who deny her a flesh mask, as it were, to conceal her mechanical nature... Damn shame; she's a good and noble woman, and deserves better than having to wear twenty pounds of veils to conceal herself."

"That is just horrible, and if she is on our side and the brainwashing by the Crats did not work then she should be treated as any other Tradition mage, I do not understand though what are the legal ground for denying her synth skin so she can look normal? It just seam like cruelty to me."
Freddy said and frowned.

Adley, ah, Dr. Lee, you're coming along too?

"I am, I think my skills might be more useful at home now that one of our Verbena is...disabled...and the other rather occupied."
Richard said and nodded.

He sighed and fished out his phone, "Ah, well, one headache at a time..."
He quickly tapped in a message to Cita, "Party of five, beam us up."

You get a reply back.
"I could do that, but it is more work than a town portal."
A few seconds later you see a slightly shimmering, round area appear in the back of the room, you and vaguely see one Steelhaven's ritual rooms on the other side of it. Liv looked at the portal and giggled delighted.
"Look, magick."
The child said and pointed.

"That's good." He stepped closer to the others and put the files into his coat, tucked in the crook of his arm and zipped it back up. "I had hoped that was the case."

Freddy nodded.
"It took some time for us to get here as Colin sort of had to help me not bump into everything along the way."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile.
"Ah blindness it makes a simple walk though the Chantry so much more exiting."

(OOC: Poor morlocks Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:43 am

Colin nodded, "I thank you for the vote of confidence, son, but I hope you can forgive my looking at you with a bit of exasperated affection right now. But yes, the important thing seems to be to find out what the issue is, and then some swift damage control. Hopefully, that can wait until morning...

He gave a flustered huff, unsure what to say to that at first. "Well, now you know how I feel sometimes then. But I didn't mean to bring you any extra trouble. Still, if you were contacted now about it, it sounds important. I'll help if you want me to do so, of course."

"It took some time for us to get here as Colin sort of had to help me not bump into everything along the way." The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile. "Ah blindness it makes a simple walk though the Chantry so much more exiting."

"I hope your vision returns soon to it's full capacity soon," he said to her. "We have enough excitement at hand."

A few seconds later you see a slightly shimmering, round area appear in the back of the room, you and vaguely see one Steelhaven's ritual rooms on the other side of it. Liv looked at the portal and giggled delighted. "Look, magick."

"I believe that's our cue," he said.

// lol@ the alchemist. Oh woe is that party, and a town that has him as their doctor xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 am

"Really so the way I have seen Chief Morgan and Master Telar look at one another is not just my imagination?"
Colin nodded, "The two are quite fond of one another; centuries of propriety notwithstanding."

"Aww though I am less impressed that a technophobe would fall for a technomancer than that our Chief Morgan with his history with the Union would fall for a Virtual Adept old enough to once having been a Technocrat. But I guess the heart will want who the heart will want eh."
He grinned, "Making excuses for yourself as well, hmm?"

"Besides no one is allowed to take a bite out of you, I might allow nibbling but now bites."
He smirked, "So sorry, luv, but there was that rat earlier; it got a good chomp, and only earned a smack for its troubles... Still alive and uninjured last I saw it."

"I guess you are right and it was on neutral ground and it is good you managed to save the life of that Verbena Adept, Bee would have been heartbroken if she had lost a member of her Coven, and Master Nassa would be even more of a storm cloud. However be careful in the future ok, never trust a Technocrat."
"I'll trust them to want my head on a stick, and very little else. Excepting a formally agreed on truce, or accorded neutral ground; they seem quite reluctant to do break protocol, as it were. Even so, no, I'm not intending to cozy up to the Union - they have their uses at the Umbral Port and the like, but unless the Fallen are involved, I'll be staying as clear as I can."

"Oops...I am going to be such a terrible mother...but ehm yes being hit with such a rote is not something you would want, it would not be good."
He grinned, "You'll do fine, luv - I might make a better housewife, but you'll make a fine mother."

"That is just horrible, and if she is on our side and the brainwashing by the Crats did not work then she should be treated as any other Tradition mage, I do not understand though what are the legal ground for denying her synth skin so she can look normal? It just seam like cruelty to me."
"I'm under the impression it's not a formal legal ground, but an internal issue with the Adepts of Chicago. I suppose if anyone could start leveraging things in her favour, it might be Master Harris."

"I am, I think my skills might be more useful at home now that one of our Verbena is...disabled...and the other rather occupied."
He nodded, "Quite right; you may well find it beneficial to spend the time preparing for numerous casualties at home, rather than sitting here and gathering moss. By the way, the Fallen captive you secured at the vampire's apartment commends our skill for being so effective against her Labyrinth - and you in particular for a very surprising boot to the head. She was not expecting that."

"I could do that, but it is more work than a town portal."
A few seconds later you see a slightly shimmering, round area appear in the back of the room, you and vaguely see one Steelhaven's ritual rooms on the other side of it. Liv looked at the portal and giggled delighted.
"Look, magick."
He grinned, "Ah, here we are... Ladies first, or age before beauty?"

"Well, now you know how I feel sometimes then. But I didn't mean to bring you any extra trouble. Still, if you were contacted now about it, it sounds important. I'll help if you want me to do so, of course."
He gave Adley a disarming grin, "Quite alright - I wouldn't expect you to just throw me to the wolves, after all; I'll have to find out what the problem is first, and I'll let you know if I need any help with the matter. Whether it's something the Cabal as a whole needs to address or if it would be better for me to handle it one-on-one."

((OOC: The town is fairly fine - it helps that he called in an assistant, a lovely witch named Maria Monsanto... The blacksmith is a Dwarf, just over six feet tall and green. She's adopted. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am

"I hope your vision returns soon to it's full capacity soon," he said to her. "We have enough excitement at hand."

"Mr Horton believe I will be perfectly fine that it is a mixture of shock and that parts of my well brain needed to be healed and you know how often newly healed flesh is pink and sore for a few days? The Etherite think it will take a day or two and then I should be completely fine."
Freddy said and gave you a smile.

"I believe that's our cue," he said.

"Yes let us get though."
Freddy said as she might not be able to see the portal but she could guess that it had arrived and she waited for Colin to bring them though.

Colin nodded, "The two are quite fond of one another; centuries of propriety notwithstanding."

"Good for Chief Morgan...and for Master Telar. I hope they find some happiness they deserve it."

He grinned, "Making excuses for yourself as well, hmm?"

"Nah I love who I want and I have always liked you."
Freddy said and gave you a warm smile.

He smirked, "So sorry, luv, but there was that rat earlier; it got a good chomp, and only earned a smack for its troubles... Still alive and uninjured last I saw it."

"That is a very naughty rat, feed it to that huge gray cat I have seen around here, the one that is shaped as a pear, he looks like he could dole out some fitting punishment."
The Virtual Adept decreed and grinned.

"I'll trust them to want my head on a stick, and very little else.

"Oh they would want allot more, torture you for information, experiment on you, make you into an adorable Hit-Mark, send you to MECHA, feed you to the Computer...take your pick really."
Freddy said and frowned.

Excepting a formally agreed on truce, or accorded neutral ground; they seem quite reluctant to do break protocol, as it were. Even so, no, I'm not intending to cozy up to the Union - they have their uses at the Umbral Port and the like, but unless the Fallen are involved, I'll be staying as clear as I can."

"Good...keep it that way."

He grinned, "You'll do fine, luv - I might make a better housewife, but you'll make a fine mother."

"Yeah I am not much of a house wife material really and the kids will probably have wild hair colors and know things not appropriate for their age but I would love them."
The technomancer said with a bit of a smile.

"I'm under the impression it's not a formal legal ground, but an internal issue with the Adepts of Chicago. I suppose if anyone could start leveraging things in her favour, it might be Master Harris."

"Well it is really unfair, we should not treat her like that, if her mind is still her own who cares what her body is. I will try to talk with my uncle as soon as I have the chance."

He nodded, "Quite right; you may well find it beneficial to spend the time preparing for numerous casualties at home, rather than sitting here and gathering moss. By the way, the Fallen captive you secured at the vampire's apartment commends our skill for being so effective against her Labyrinth - and you in particular for a very surprising boot to the head. She was not expecting that."

"Yes there will be injuries when we take down Laron...most likely there will also be deaths."
Richard said sadly.
"And yes I do need to prepare."
Then he gave a bit of a smile.
"Most mages do not expect you to pull out a gun or attack them physically, especially not if their opponent do not look like an Akashic...and here is where stereotypes play to my advantage, I do not look like an Akashic. Well that woman at least will not be hurting anyone again. Keeping a child captive like that, she deserves what is coming to her."
The doctor said darkly then he looked at Liv with a bit of a smile.
"At least she is safe."

He grinned, "Ah, here we are... Ladies first, or age before beauty?"

"Well unless you want me to walk into a wall Colin you better lead me into the portal, for I can not see it and without my equipment I can not sense it either."
Freddy said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:15 pm

"Good for Chief Morgan...and for Master Telar. I hope they find some happiness they deserve it."
Colin nodded, "Quite; she might even soothe his temper a little."

"Nah I love who I want and I have always liked you."
He arched an eyebrow, "Always, hmm? Perhaps we should have your Avatar looked at, too, to see where it's been in the past?"
He grinned and gave Freddy's arm a light squeeze, "Joking, luv - I wouldn't want you to feel needlessly exposed."

"That is a very naughty rat, feed it to that huge gray cat I have seen around here, the one that is shaped as a pear, he looks like he could dole out some fitting punishment."
He snorted, "I think Granite might be too well fed to be much of a ratter, really... Besides, I'm not going back for a single rat to punish it for a tiny bite. There are vampires and Nephandi there. I got the tetanus shot, that should be enough."

"Oh they would want allot more, torture you for information, experiment on you, make you into an adorable Hit-Mark, send you to MECHA, feed you to the Computer...take your pick really."
"Somehow, I rather doubt I would be the one to get to choose."

"Yeah I am not much of a house wife material really and the kids will probably have wild hair colors and know things not appropriate for their age but I would love them."
He grinned, "That would be the kids I remember, yes."

"Well it is really unfair, we should not treat her like that, if her mind is still her own who cares what her body is. I will try to talk with my uncle as soon as I have the chance."
Thanks, luv, I appreciate that. The Deaconess is worth her weight in Primium, for more reasons than the blatantly obvious."

"Yes there will be injuries when we take down Laron...most likely there will also be deaths."
"Hopefully, no deaths on our side... but we have to acknowledge the likelihood."

"Most mages do not expect you to pull out a gun or attack them physically, especially not if their opponent do not look like an Akashic...and here is where stereotypes play to my advantage, I do not look like an Akashic. Well that woman at least will not be hurting anyone again. Keeping a child captive like that, she deserves what is coming to her."
The doctor said darkly then he looked at Liv with a bit of a smile.
"At least she is safe."
He nodded, a grim expression on his face, "Quite so... there's a twelve-year-old Fallen girl in the infirmary who countered my attempt at a shield when I was on a rescue mission earlier... She did not expect to be shot, either. Perhaps she'll survive the night, perhaps not..."

"Well unless you want me to walk into a wall Colin you better lead me into the portal, for I can not see it and without my equipment I can not sense it either."
He grinned and nodded to Liv, switching to Latin, "Would you lead the way, sweetie, and I'll steady her from this side?"
Turning to Freddy again, "Follow miss Bergen's lead, I'll guide you after her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; she might even soothe his temper a little."

"That is possible, then again he...have lost allot to the Union. I think it is more likely he will make an exception for Master Telar."

He arched an eyebrow, "Always, hmm? Perhaps we should have your Avatar looked at, too, to see where it's been in the past?"
He grinned and gave Freddy's arm a light squeeze, "Joking, luv - I wouldn't want you to feel needlessly exposed."

"Well since I met you...I found you interesting...as for my Avatar I suspect it have been something nasty like a cactus or a particularly grumpy old Hermetic."
Freddy said and griped at you.
"I would not want it looked at no, and who knows perhaps it bites."

He snorted, "I think Granite might be too well fed to be much of a ratter, really... Besides, I'm not going back for a single rat to punish it for a tiny bite. There are vampires and Nephandi there. I got the tetanus shot, that should be enough."

"Well he certainly is a rather well fed cat...very well I will pardon that rat, but if you ever find the one who sent them at you give that person a good smack over the head for me love."
Freddy said and grinned.

"Somehow, I rather doubt I would be the one to get to choose."

Freddy frowned.
"No you probably would not get to choose."
She muttered.

He grinned, "That would be the kids I remember, yes."

"It is a bit...unnerving you know that you remember ehm...our children from the future you know."
The Virtual Adept said and narrowed her eyes at you, not that did much as she could not focus on you.

Thanks, luv, I appreciate that. The Deaconess is worth her weight in Primium, for more reasons than the blatantly obvious."

"I will speak with my uncle as soon as I get the chance and we will see if he can do anything for Deaconess...ehm Darnell was it?"

"Hopefully, no deaths on our side... but we have to acknowledge the likelihood."

"Yeah I hope none of our friends will die, and I will do my best to keep us all alive but...well the likelihood is there."
The Akashic said and narrowed his eyes a little looking concerned.

He nodded, a grim expression on his face, "Quite so... there's a twelve-year-old Fallen girl in the infirmary who countered my attempt at a shield when I was on a rescue mission earlier... She did not expect to be shot, either. Perhaps she'll survive the night, perhaps not..."

"That is horrible Colin...the thought of the Nephandi using a child like that..."
Richard muttered and cleansed his fists.
"We are going to take them down so they can not hurt anyone again...what about the Fallen girl though, if she survive will she be...well I guess there are no other choice...damn..."
The doctor muttered and shook his head.

He grinned and nodded to Liv, switching to Latin, "Would you lead the way, sweetie, and I'll steady her from this side?"
Turning to Freddy again, "Follow miss Bergen's lead, I'll guide you after her."

"Ok Sir, I can do that."
Liv said and begun to lead Freddy through the portal. You have to give the Virtual Adept a bit of support but she seamed otherwise fairly fine. You get though to the other side, you see Cita sitting on the stone floor of the small ritual chamber maintaining the portal with her laptop, the Sprit Master gave you a smile when she saw you then she smiles to Liv.
"Hello, you must be little Liv Bergen."
She said, Liv looked confused not really understanding anything but hello and her name but she nodded.
"Hello..." she said shyly and then looks up at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:02 pm

"That is possible, then again he...have lost allot to the Union. I think it is more likely he will make an exception for Master Telar."
Colin smiled thinly, "His temper, luv, not his attitude to the Union..."

"Well since I met you...I found you interesting...as for my Avatar I suspect it have been something nasty like a cactus or a particularly grumpy old Hermetic."
Freddy said and griped at you.
"I would not want it looked at no, and who knows perhaps it bites."
"Well, that would make two of us, I suppose. Well, maybe not so grumpy, but a definite bite, it would seem."

"Well he certainly is a rather well fed cat...very well I will pardon that rat, but if you ever find the one who sent them at you give that person a good smack over the head for me love."
He grinned, "Well, seeing as I don't know whether it was the Nephandus or one of the vampires who provoked the swarm... Either way, a bullet seems more likely than a smack."

"It is a bit...unnerving you know that you remember ehm...our children from the future you know."
He sighed, "Agreed, they're just still so fresh in my memory... But yes, best to let things happen as they will, and not reminisce too much about what is yet to come."

"I will speak with my uncle as soon as I get the chance and we will see if he can do anything for Deaconess...ehm Darnell was it?"
He nodded, "Daisy Darnell, Deacon Primus of Flamingo Chantry... as safe a haven as there is for misfits and outcasts."

"We are going to take them down so they can not hurt anyone again...what about the Fallen girl though, if she survive will she be...well I guess there are no other choice...damn..."
He nodded, "That's quite likely, yes... her only chance is to remain too frail to... well, it's going to be messy in any case, I fear."

"Hello, you must be little Liv Bergen."
She said, Liv looked confused not really understanding anything but hello and her name but she nodded.
"Hello..." she said shyly and then looks up at you.
He grinned and nodded to Cita as he guided Freddy and himself off to the side, "Hello again. Adley and dr. Lee are coming, too... Afraid miss Bergen doesn't speak English. Her Latin is quite impeccable, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "His temper, luv, not his attitude to the Union..."

"Ah yes...that you might be right about, then again he is Flambeau love."

"Well, that would make two of us, I suppose. Well, maybe not so grumpy, but a definite bite, it would seem."

"Just do not bite poor Master Telar while she is examining you."
Freddie said, just half joking.

He grinned, "Well, seeing as I don't know whether it was the Nephandus or one of the vampires who provoked the swarm... Either way, a bullet seems more likely than a smack."

"Well a bullet works...though I would personally really have liked to give them a smack...just for good measure."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.

He sighed, "Agreed, they're just still so fresh in my memory... But yes, best to let things happen as they will, and not reminisce too much about what is yet to come."

"Yeah especially since we only got together...two day ago...talking about our future children is a bit strange...then again we are both mages, it is bound to be strange in either case."

He nodded, "Daisy Darnell, Deacon Primus of Flamingo Chantry... as safe a haven as there is for misfits and outcasts."

"Hum...well the Traditions need such a safe haven love...we are far to quick to judge those that might not fit the mold perfectly. In either case I will ask Master Harris if there is anything he can do."

He nodded, "That's quite likely, yes... her only chance is to remain too frail to... well, it's going to be messy in any case, I fear."

"Yes...I have little sympathy for your regular, run of the mill Nephandus, but a child...no way you turn this will the outcome be a good one."
Richard said and gave a grim nod.

He grinned and nodded to Cita as he guided Freddy and himself off to the side, "Hello again. Adley and dr. Lee are coming, too... Afraid miss Bergen doesn't speak English. Her Latin is quite impeccable, though."

"I speak...a little Latin...not much though."
Cita told Liv in very shaky Latin and Lic curtsy.
"Hello madam..."
She said shyly. The Spirit Master smiled then she turned her attention to you and Freddy.
"I see I will hold the portal open until everyone is through."
She said just as Richard stepped through and then took a few steps to the side to make room for Adley.
"I hear you got hurt Miss Adlebloom, I hope you will be alright..."
Cita said to Freddy and the younger Adept nodded.
"I will be Master Telar, there was a good healer near by that saved me, if she had not been there I would have been a goner."
She said and frowned.
"I am glad to hear you will be alright."
Cita said then she looked at Colin.
"Hum...and you can meet me in my room once we are done here."
She said before she looked down at her screen again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:53 pm

"Just do not bite poor Master Telar while she is examining you."
Colin grinned, "Oh, I'll do my best. I'll reserve my biting for you."

"Yeah especially since we only got together...two day ago...talking about our future children is a bit strange...then again we are both mages, it is bound to be strange in either case."
Colin frowned, "Two days... Good God, it feels like over twenty years, and we've hardly had the opportunity to be alone together... We'll have to remedy that soon. Dinner at my place tomorrow, if I'm not stuck knee-deep in the battlefield?"

"Yes...I have little sympathy for your regular, run of the mill Nephandus, but a child...no way you turn this will the outcome be a good one."
"There's a saying about one in a million shots... I can see one chance for her, one possible way to save her. And that chance, I suppose, is all she needs. Or gets. It's complicated, and will need a magnificent advocate... and her surviving the night. Speaking of, Adley, do you know what the phrase Mitéra tréchei érchontai translates as? I think it's Greek..."

"Hum...and you can meet me in my room once we are done here."
He nodded, "Very well. I'll bring the ladies where they need to go, then I'll come straight to see you."
He looked down at Liv, switching to Latin again, "If you would help me lead my lady friend to her room, I will take you to see our Security Chief. He will want to know what you can tell him about your captivity..."
Then he gently led the young ladies out of the room and up the stairs.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Colin grinned, "Oh, I'll do my best. I'll reserve my biting for you."

Freddy blushed a little at that then she gave you a loving smile.
"Good..."
She said and squeezed your arm a little.

Colin frowned, "Two days... Good God, it feels like over twenty years, and we've hardly had the opportunity to be alone together... We'll have to remedy that soon. Dinner at my place tomorrow, if I'm not stuck knee-deep in the battlefield?"

"I...would like that...it is a date and I will forgive you if you are late trying to take out Nephandi, that is a valid reason for missing a dinner date, though I do hope you will make it...I would like to have a meal with you...and other...things best not talked about in public."
The Virtual Adept said and blushed again.

"There's a saying about one in a million shots... I can see one chance for her, one possible way to save her. And that chance, I suppose, is all she needs. Or gets. It's complicated, and will need a magnificent advocate... and her surviving the night.

"Hum...it is hard to say what one should hope for Colin, a Fallen is a Fallen even if it is hard to do what needs to be done when the Fallen in question is a child...not that we should speak to loudly about it since we have one in our Cabal that we would all gladly fight to protect..."
Richard muttered.
"Well in either case...Mr Horton is a excellent physician even if he is trained as a veterinarian, I am sure he will do anything in his power to keep the young prisoner alive."

He nodded, "Very well. I'll bring the ladies where they need to go, then I'll come straight to see you."

"You wanted me there Colin for your examination, I will go with you. I might not be steady on my feet but I can give you support."
Freddy said firmly.

He looked down at Liv, switching to Latin again, "If you would help me lead my lady friend to her room, I will take you to see our Security Chief. He will want to know what you can tell him about your captivity..."
Then he gently led the young ladies out of the room and up the stairs.

"I will tell your Security Chief all I can Sir."
Liv promise though she looked a little nervous.
"Is he a nice person?"
She asked as she waved to Cita and then when with you out of the ritual room and towards the stairs to the first floor of the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for the straightforwardness, i spected as much. He said Tane Karyak, of the Kopa Loei.

That's the spirit, not a step back.

She could sit on the toilet besides me as i take a shower, only a plastic curtain would be in the middle and i could not cover my eyes with it. he said dismissively. Please, let it go. I'm tired of all this whiite people selfrighteousness that not even they belive. I know what i'm doing, please don't lecture me. He said, tiredly. Well if you can make it grow stronger that'd be great! he liked the idea of having more hair.

We'll talk to Master Steelhaven, ask a couple more specialists to document your condition, i'll get some books and go home. You'll help me study, since you understand these laws without justice
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:12 pm

He gave Adley a disarming grin, "Quite alright - I wouldn't expect you to just throw me to the wolves, after all; I'll have to find out what the problem is first, and I'll let you know if I need any help with the matter. Whether it's something the Cabal as a whole needs to address or if it would be better for me to handle it one-on-one."

"Certainly not," he said at the first part of his statement, caught a bit off guard at his sudden smile. "Of course, I understand. And good luck." He shuffled his feet a moment and then said to Freddy, "Your uncle sends his regards, by they way. He visited while you rested. He wanted me to let you know."

Adley frowned again at the mention of the girl. No, he did not feel that the outcome was going to be good for her or his friend, sad as her case was. Much like Tian or June, they were still Nephandi confirmed in this life. He wished he had more time to figure everything out.

"There's a saying about one in a million shots... I can see one chance for her, one possible way to save her. And that chance, I suppose, is all she needs. Or gets. It's complicated, and will need a magnificent advocate... and her surviving the night. Speaking of, Adley, do you know what the phrase Mitéra tréchei érchontai translates as? I think it's Greek..."

He glanced at Colin and his brows furrowed. "Who said that?" he asked him. "Yes, it's Greek. The first word is the formal word for mother, μητέρα, τρέχει is form of the verb run, έρχονται means 'are coming.' Εκτελέστε τη μητέρα έρχονται means 'Run mother they are coming...'"

// my bad google-translate was a little different: Ekteléste ti mitéra érchontai
ooc 2- @ Warp haha, your game sounds awesome Warp, lol adopted. Well, maybe he's just tall for his family ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks for the straightforwardness, i spected as much. He said Tane Karyak, of the Kopa Loei.

"Well it is what it is, and I will do what I can to save my Avatar."
The Nephandus said then she looks at you for a moment.
Candace Alma Getwater bani Celestial Chorus...well at least I used to be."
She muttered sadly.
"Hum...the Kopa Loei...they are a Craft are they not...Polynesian shamans? I am afraid I do not know much about your group."
Candace said though she still sounded very nervous.

That's the spirit, not a step back.

"Well...if one is going to...go down...one might as well go down fighting, it is better than doing nothing not that it will do much good other than personal satisfaction."
She muttered and shrugged.

She could sit on the toilet besides me as i take a shower, only a plastic curtain would be in the middle and i could not cover my eyes with it. he said dismissively.

"And what when you undress? You have to understand that when it comes to keeping a prisoner that one have that much power over it is not proper to enter into a situation like that. Abuse happens way to often, and way to easily."
Ingmar said softly.

Please, let it go. I'm tired of all this whiite people selfrighteousness that not even they belive. I know what i'm doing, please don't lecture me. He said, tiredly.

"Oh I bloody hell believe in it Mr Karyak. I do not think a prisoner should be abused and having to sit and see their captor of the opposite gender raving stark naked is a form of abuse. Or where you referring to my comments on you taking her along with you wherever you go for then I have to beg to differ you do not know what you are doing. I...do not think Miss Getwater is evil but I do believe that she is bloody desperate and as you go about your life there is a hell of allot of opportunities to kill herself, kill you or in other ways get away. A prisoner needs to be kept in a situation where you have control, yes be kind to her but what you are talking about will lead to her or you dead or her escaped and you in allot of trouble and your Cabal disgraced long before Horizon can pick the girl up."
The Verbena said the man was clearly running out of patience.

Well if you can make it grow stronger that'd be great! he liked the idea of having more hair.

"I can at that, I can make it grow back to your original length in a week or so, though it might be a bit itchy as it grows."
Ingmar said, still angry but intent on doing his job, he made more cuts on his own arms and you feel his fingers gently touching your scalp making it feel warm and the soreness vanishing as he continued to chant in German then after a while he removed his hand again and said.
"Well...your hair should grow at accelerated rates for as long as my spell lasts which will be a week or so."
He muttered grumpily.

We'll talk to Master Steelhaven, ask a couple more specialists to document your condition, i'll get some books and go home. You'll help me study, since you understand these laws without justice

Cadence nodded.
"I will help you understand our laws...but...well you seam like a nice man Mr Karyak do not be to disappointed when you loose."
She said sadly then looked down and held out her hands towards you, dried blood from her wound where covering them.
"I assume you want to bind my hands again."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:25 pm

"I...would like that...it is a date and I will forgive you if you are late trying to take out Nephandi, that is a valid reason for missing a dinner date, though I do hope you will make it...I would like to have a meal with you...and other...things best not talked about in public."
Colin grinned, "All the time in the world, luv. All the time in the world."

"Hum...it is hard to say what one should hope for Colin, a Fallen is a Fallen even if it is hard to do what needs to be done when the Fallen in question is a child...not that we should speak to loudly about it since we have one in our Cabal that we would all gladly fight to protect..."
He nodded, "The best we can hope for, I suppose, is that she is comfortable toward the end...."

"Yes, it's Greek. The first word is the formal word for mother, μητέρα, τρέχει is form of the verb run, έρχονται means 'are coming.' Εκτελέστε τη μητέρα έρχονται means 'Run mother they are coming...'"
He frowned and fished up his phone, sending a quick message to Joakim, "The so-called pet had a nightmare and cried out in Greek. ARH translated it to 'Run mother they are coming'. Precautions as you deem necessary?"
He looked up at Adley, "Anna had a nightmare and cried out a few minutes ago... Might be nothing, might be important; I let Joakim know."

"You wanted me there Colin for your examination, I will go with you. I might not be steady on my feet but I can give you support."
"In the words of Westley, as you wish."

"Is he a nice person?"
He smiled to Liv, "He is a good man, a good security chief, and a good member of the noble House Flambeau."

((OOC: It is awesome. And she is only culturally a Dwarf. Biologically she's an Orc - not Half-Orc, but pure Orc. And the God of Dwarves has accepted her as one of his. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:35 pm

He shuffled his feet a moment and then said to Freddy, "Your uncle sends his regards, by they way. He visited while you rested. He wanted me to let you know."

Freddy turned towards the sound of your voice and smiles.
"Thank you Adley...I appreciate it."
She said warmly.

He glanced at Colin and his brows furrowed. "Who said that?" he asked him. "Yes, it's Greek. The first word is the formal word for mother, μητέρα, τρέχει is form of the verb run, έρχονται means 'are coming.' Εκτελέστε τη μητέρα έρχονται means 'Run mother they are coming...'"

"That do not sound to good."
Freddy said as you translated what the phrase Colin meant. Liv looked up, she might not understand Greek but she was a Hermetic and would have heard the language spoken quite a bit.

Colin grinned, "All the time in the world, luv. All the time in the world."

"Well especially if you learn Time magick love...but yes I...well I would be lying if I said I am not impatient but we are in no hurry, we have the years ahead of us."
Freddy said and smiled.

He nodded, "The best we can hope for, I suppose, is that she is comfortable toward the end...."

Richard did not reply he just nodded grimly and crossed his arms over his chest.

He frowned and fished up his phone, sending a quick message to Joakim, "The so-called pet had a nightmare and cried out in Greek. ARH translated it to 'Run mother they are coming'. Precautions as you deem necessary?"

You get a reply back.
"Thank you for letting me know, let us hope it is a nightmare about something in the past and not more trouble on the way."

"In the words of Westley, as you wish."

Freddy nodded and gave you a bit of a smile.

He smiled to Liv, "He is a good man, a good security chief, and a good member of the noble House Flambeau."

"Flambeau is a good House. My own House would probably be either Flambeau or Guernicus if we had not been granted major House status in...ehm...I have forgotten the date...I need to study more..."
Liv said then she nodded.
"I will tell him all I can remember Sir."

(OOC: Your game do sound really fun Warp, and you are a good player I have after all played in the same group as you a few time and had you in my group when I have GMed a few times as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Freddy turned towards the sound of your voice and smiles.
"Thank you Adley...I appreciate it."
She said warmly.

"Of course."

He looked up at Adley, "Anna had a nightmare and cried out a few minutes ago... Might be nothing, might be important; I let Joakim know."

"That is concerning, one has to wonder which mother she refers to...yes, I would tell him so he can prepare for something. I would not dismiss it." He looked unhappy about the revelation. "We should get back as soon as we can." He went through the portal last, then nodded to Cita.

// my mistake, she then.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Cita give you a polite nod when she sees you.
"Is there anyone else coming through Mr Roth Hicks or can I close the portal?"
The Spirit Master asked. You see Colin on his way out of the room with Liv and Freddy. Richard gave you and Cita a polite nod then he headed towards the stairs as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

"I'm the last through, thank you." He nodded back to Richard as he left. "I should check in with my pater first," he said watching the others walk off with a small frown on his face. "There are some matters I would like to speak with you about at some point also, but for now if you will excuse me," he said to her. If there was nothing further, he headed up to the Cheif's office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:36 pm

"Well especially if you learn Time magick love...but yes I...well I would be lying if I said I am not impatient but we are in no hurry, we have the years ahead of us."
Colin grinned, "Well, I'm sure temporal studies can be fitted into my calendar at some point. Perhaps the thirtieth of February?"

"Thank you for letting me know, let us hope it is a nightmare about something in the past and not more trouble on the way."
He typed back, "JJ said Gabriel killed her mother when she was little; might be a memory from back then."

"That is concerning, one has to wonder which mother she refers to...yes, I would tell him so he can prepare for something. I would not dismiss it."
"I'm sure he's getting started on precautions even as we speak, just in case."

"Flambeau is a good House. My own House would probably be either Flambeau or Guernicus if we had not been granted major House status in...ehm...I have forgotten the date...I need to study more..."
Liv said then she nodded.
"I will tell him all I can remember Sir."
He grinned, "I'm sure Chief Morgan will be pleased to hear that. If things get too unclear, I'm sure he can bring you up to our Deacon Primus, George Steelhaven bani Guernicus, for a cup of tea. Small change of plan, though - we're going straight to Chief Morgan's office; Freddy wants to go with me instead."

He eventually knocked on Morgan's door, taking a slow breath and steeling himself, just in case Tane was there and the temperatures were on the rise.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 pm

"I'm the last through, thank you." He nodded back to Richard as he left. "I should check in with my pater first," he said watching the others walk off with a small frown on his face.

"Very well...let me just get this thing closed down then."
Cita said and you hear her fingers dance over her keyboard before the portal slowly faded out of existence.
"I saw Jeffry when he brought me a new patient just before I came here, one of the hostages saved from the Nephandi. I think he should be back at his office now though."

"There are some matters I would like to speak with you about at some point also, but for now if you will excuse me," he said to her. If there was nothing further, he headed up to the Cheif's office.

"Off course, you will generally find me with my patients."
Cita said and closed her laptop and slowly got to her feet.
"And I should probably get back to them now anyway."
She said before she gave you a nod and headed in the direction of the Node to check on Beatrice.

Colin grinned, "Well, I'm sure temporal studies can be fitted into my calendar at some point. Perhaps the thirtieth of February?"

"My favorite date love."
Freddy said and grinned.
"But yes you know you might just have a talent for magick involving time."

He typed back, "JJ said Gabriel killed her mother when she was little; might be a memory from back then."

You get a reply back.
"I hope that is it, but will prepare for the possibility it is something more immediately sinister."

He grinned, "I'm sure Chief Morgan will be pleased to hear that. If things get too unclear, I'm sure he can bring you up to our Deacon Primus, George Steelhaven bani Guernicus, for a cup of tea.

Liv looked a little confused she looked up at you with her big, brown eyes.
"I can talk with Master Steelhaven to Sir but I am afraid I do not understand your meaning. I am sorry."

Small change of plan, though - we're going straight to Chief Morgan's office; Freddy wants to go with me instead."

"Ok Sir."
Liv said and nodded.

He eventually knocked on Morgan's door, taking a slow breath and steeling himself, just in case Tane was there and the temperatures were on the rise.

You and Adley arrive at the office about the same time, you where going the same way anyway. The temperature around the office door was normal enough but as you knocked on the door you see Ingmar Rush head down from the second floor, angry as a wasp, blood still on his arms from magick he had been doing, he headed for the Chief's door but then saw Adley and sigh.
"Your Mentor Mr Roth Hicks, you go first I will wait. I should probably blow of some steam before speaking with a Master of the Art anyway."
The angry Verbena muttered.
"I am telling you one thing though, I have tried to talk some sense into your new Cabalmate because I bloody hell do not want a Nephandus to escape and also Freddy likes you."
He said and pointed at Colin.
"And a member of my Coven are a part of your Cabal, I would not want you to end up in a bad light...but fuck that bloody Dreamspeaker is not just insane he is as stubborn as a rusted Hit-Mark! His actions are also inappropriate in the extreme I will not stand for this."
The Verbena stopped his tirade to draw breath but Freddy stopped him before he had a chance to shoot off another long line of ire.
"Ingmar...relax...breathe, what if I stay out here and hear what is wrong while the boys speak with the Chief also we have some small ears listening so shall we keep the swearing to a minimum, you are scaring the little girl."
She said and Ingmar gave Liv a look, the little mage girl was half hiding being Coling and the Verbena looked a bit apologetic.
"Ehm...yeah...sorry ehm...ok..."

At about this time Jeffry opened the door.
"What the blazes are this shouting match out here...ah Mr Wainwright...mea filius...you are back...come in...Mr Rush I will speak with you in a moment..."
He muttered and looked at the Verbena and sigh.
"And we will sort out whatever is wrong."
He said rather used to Ingmar Rush not having the most even temper at the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:47 pm

[Quote]"I'm sure he's getting started on precautions even as we speak, just in case."

"Yes, likely," he said though he was still frowning.

"Very well...let me just get this thing closed down then."
Cita said and you hear her fingers dance over her keyboard before the portal slowly faded out of existence.
"I saw Jeffry when he brought me a new patient just before I came here, one of the hostages saved from the Nephandi. I think he should be back at his office now though."

"Thank you." He headed out at the heels of his cabal mate, Freddy and Liv.

As Igmar came up to them and began immediately and rather heatedly complaining about Tane, Adley's own countenance became more and more stony, and his eyes slid over to Colin with a frown. It was clear that whatever had happened while they were gone had angered yet another person and it was unlikely it was going to wait till later to handle. Before he could even get a word in edgewise however, Freddy cooled him a bit and his pater had come to the door to see what the hell was going on. He gave him a very unhappy look and then sighed. "Sir, it seems we have much to speak about." Then he looked back at Igmar, almost apologetically. "Though I do believe Mr Rush has some issues with the handling of a prisoner you may wish to hear about," he said, the words 'Nephandi escaping' having cauggt special attention on top of the rest.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 pm

"I can talk with Master Steelhaven to Sir but I am afraid I do not understand your meaning. I am sorry."
Colin smiled and tapped the side of his nose, "Master Steelhaven is very good at helping people sort their memories for telling their story... and he offers you an excellent cup of tea while he does so."

"Your Mentor Mr Roth Hicks, you go first I will wait. I should probably blow of some steam before speaking with a Master of the Art anyway."
The angry Verbena muttered.
"I am telling you one thing though, I have tried to talk some sense into your new Cabalmate because I bloody hell do not want a Nephandus to escape and also Freddy likes you."
He said and pointed at Colin.
"And a member of my Coven are a part of your Cabal, I would not want you to end up in a bad light...but fuck that bloody Dreamspeaker is not just insane he is as stubborn as a rusted Hit-Mark! His actions are also inappropriate in the extreme I will not stand for this."
Colin's eyebrows slowly crept upward as Ingmar ranted and raved. As he slowed down at Freddy's response, he frowned and replied in a calm tone, "So, mr. Haagen, mr. Riez, Chief Morgan and now you, mr. Rush... is there anyone else mr. Karyak has infuriated tonight, that I might get a piece of the story from? I'll get to the bottom of this, mr. Rush, and confer with Chief Morgan about what punitive actions are necessary and appropriate."
He turned toward the door and started leading Liv toward it when he froze and slowly turned, "...Nephandus? Escape? What the hell has he done?"
He gave Morgan a quick bow as the door slid open, and switched smoothly to Latin for Liv's benefit, "Ah, Sir, we've got miss Bergen here - safe and sound. I thought you might want to speak with her and find her a place to stay until she can get home. She doesn't speak English yet, but her Latin is impeccable."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Before he could even get a word in edgewise however, Freddy cooled him a bit and his pater had come to the door to see what the hell was going on. He gave him a very unhappy look and then sighed. "Sir, it seems we have much to speak about."

"Yes it would appear so mea filius."
Jeffry said as he eyed the angry Verbena at his door.
"Come in, you and Mr Wainwright..."
Jeffry begun though your next statement made him let out a little tirade of his own, in creative Latin.

Then he looked back at Igmar, almost apologetically. "Though I do believe Mr Rush has some issues with the handling of a prisoner you may wish to hear about," he said, the words 'Nephandi escaping' having cauggt special attention on top of the rest.

Once he was done swearing Jeffry shook his head. Fine...what is going on Mr Rush...what have Mr Karyak done now?"
Ingmar looked at the old Hermetic ire still in his eyes.
"Mr Karyak had a prisoner with him that needed to be healed but as Mr Riez had already done so there was little I could do magickally so I took her to Dr Lee's room since he have medical supplies he let us use and patched her up...this is where things got odd...now all the promising that he would find a way to save the woman from...you know...aside he said two things that worried me allot. I offered to get one of the women to help the prisoner get cleaned up, both to get the blood of her and also so we could get her clothes off her where she could have hidden something and into something else. Mr Karyak revealed that he had planned to take the prisoner to the bathroom and keep her there while he showered...that is not ok, it is not ok for a male to be alone and naked with a female prisoners. I do not think Mr Karyak had any indecent intentions but abuse happens so easily and it is crossing the line. However when I spoke up about it he started going on about my insincere white morals. Fuck my morals are pretty damn clear. If you have the responsibility and authority of a prisoner you do not fucking keep them in a room alone with them and get naked...you just do not do that!"
Ingmar raged then he calmed down a little and continued.
"The other issue is that he said he plan to have her tag along with him wherever he go, not locking her up, not keeping her under guard, having her with him like if she was a bloody walk along fucking Pokemon, hell paint her yellow the woman study Forces she should be able to create some electricity!"

Jeffry sigh and muttered a few curses.
"I am unsure what painting the prisoner yellow have to do with anything Mr Rush but I assure you this was not what I had in mind when I agreed to let Mr Karyak take responsibility for the prisoner, since Steelhaven can not house any more and the other alternative would be to send her to Lux Itineris, so I agreed that he could keep her...until we can arrange for a ship to send the Prisoners to Horizon...this however will not do."
He grumbled.
"Damn it I do not need any more problems right now...your new Cabalmate is proving to be quite a headache mea filius...Mr Wainwright..."

Colin smiled and tapped the side of his nose, "Master Steelhaven is very good at helping people sort their memories for telling their story... and he offers you an excellent cup of tea while he does so."

"Oh I see...well I like tea and helping House Guernicus is the job of House Janissary, that is what my Mentor says Sir."
Liv said in agreement.
"I am sure Mr Steelhaven is very good at his job."

Colin's eyebrows slowly crept upward as Ingmar ranted and raved. As he slowed down at Freddy's response, he frowned and replied in a calm tone, "So, mr. Haagen, mr. Riez, Chief Morgan and now you, mr. Rush... is there anyone else mr. Karyak has infuriated tonight, that I might get a piece of the story from? I'll get to the bottom of this, mr. Rush, and confer with Chief Morgan about what punitive actions are necessary and appropriate."

"I do not know...I think Helga was on the same mission as him, she did not look pissed off then again she never look pissed...that do not mean she is not pissed however...anyway I do not care about punitive actions I care about my Covenmate's Cabal not being disgraced and I care about us not abusing a prisoner or letting a Nephandus escape. Listen Miss Getwater might have gone over to the end of the world crowd, but she was one of us once, she deserve a trial and not to be treated like that and not to be put though some shape changer ritual, hell if I know what it was but it did not sound like she was to willing to be a part of it either...fuck what is wrong with that guy."
The Verbena raged on. Both of you know there is a Cadence Getwater, a Chorister over at Chantry Westchapel.

He turned toward the door and started leading Liv toward it when he froze and slowly turned, "...Nephandus? Escape? What the hell has he done?"

"Oh he plan on taking her with him wherever he go...yeah that is the most smart thing ever, bring a desperate person into environments you do not control."
Ingmar muttered.

He gave Morgan a quick bow as the door slid open, and switched smoothly to Latin for Liv's benefit, "Ah, Sir, we've got miss Bergen here - safe and sound. I thought you might want to speak with her and find her a place to stay until she can get home. She doesn't speak English yet, but her Latin is impeccable."

Jeffry looked at the little girl and spoke in Latin, trying to not let his irritation scare her.
"Hello Miss Bergen...I would love to have a discussion with you, but would you mind waiting in our dining room for just a moment, get something to eat while I deal with this matter and hear what Mr Wainwright and my student have to say?"
He asked and Liv smiled.
"That will be fine Master Morgan."
She said and curtsy.
"It is a pleasure to meet you..."
Jeffry gave the girl another smile then he told Colin in English.
"She is adorable and nothing like her father, I guess at times the apple do not fall close to the tree. Could you take her to the dining room and get her something to eat and grab whoever you first see wandering the hallways to take care of her for now so I can hear what have happened in Chicago from you two first?"
He asked.
"I would appreciate it Mr Wainwright. Before we know if any of you or both are going back to Chicago the best use of time is to debrief you two first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Jeffry begun though your next statement made him let out a little tirade of his own, in creative Latin.
Colin smoothly placed both hands over Liv's ears.

"I do not know...I think Helga was on the same mission as him, she did not look pissed off then again she never look pissed...that do not mean she is not pissed however...anyway I do not care about punitive actions I care about my Covenmate's Cabal not being disgraced and I care about us not abusing a prisoner or letting a Nephandus escape. Listen Miss Getwater might have gone over to the end of the world crowd, but she was one of us once, she deserve a trial and not to be treated like that and not to be put though some shape changer ritual, hell if I know what it was but it did not sound like she was to willing to be a part of it either...fuck what is wrong with that guy."
He nodded, "The man seems to... have holes in his education. A suitable punishment would be some remedial lessons, for starters, wouldn't you say? ...Shape changer ritual? I'm... not going to get any sleep tonight, am I?"

"Mr Karyak had a prisoner with him that needed to be healed but as Mr Riez had already done so there was little I could do magickally so I took her to Dr Lee's room since he have medical supplies he let us use and patched her up...this is where things got odd...now all the promising that he would find a way to save the woman from...you know...aside he said two things that worried me allot. I offered to get one of the women to help the prisoner get cleaned up, both to get the blood of her and also so we could get her clothes off her where she could have hidden something and into something else. Mr Karyak revealed that he had planned to take the prisoner to the bathroom and keep her there while he showered...that is not ok, it is not ok for a male to be alone and naked with a female prisoners. I do not think Mr Karyak had any indecent intentions but abuse happens so easily and it is crossing the line. However when I spoke up about it he started going on about my insincere white morals. Fuck my morals are pretty damn clear. If you have the responsibility and authority of a prisoner you do not fucking keep them in a room alone with them and get naked...you just do not do that!"
Ingmar raged then he calmed down a little and continued.
"The other issue is that he said he plan to have her tag along with him wherever he go, not locking her up, not keeping her under guard, having her with him like if she was a bloody walk along fucking Pokemon, hell paint her yellow the woman study Forces she should be able to create some electricity!"
Colin's eye twitched perceptibly as Ingmar kept going, "I... see. You are quite right about there being certain inflexible protocols for prisoner treatment; now, I'm going to see what other complaints there are against him, and depending on the severity, well... in keeping with your simile, I might have to confiscate his Pokéballs."

"Oh he plan on taking her with him wherever he go...yeah that is the most smart thing ever, bring a desperate person into environments you do not control."
He frowned, "Shit... in the wrong hands, that could easily be considered dealing with the Enemies of Ascension, if she's a Nephandus and he accidentally lets her slip away..."

"She is adorable and nothing like her father, I guess at times the apple do not fall close to the tree. Could you take her to the dining room and get her something to eat and grab whoever you first see wandering the hallways to take care of her for now so I can hear what have happened in Chicago from you two first?"
Colin frowned and dragged a hand down his face, "Adley, would you terribly mind leading her down, and I'll get started on my highlights, and you can relate your discoveries afterwards? Because this is... probably going to leave marks."

"I would appreciate it Mr Wainwright. Before we know if any of you or both are going back to Chicago the best use of time is to debrief you two first."
"I expect I will be going, at least; I will need to have my Avatar examined by Cita first, though, but let me start with the approximate beginning..."

He took a deep breath and started, "We arrived in Chicago and coordinated with your colleague at Morningstar; good man, that. From there, we essentially went straight to the apartment complex at Daley Plaza where we recruited the assistance of a renegade Technocrat cyborg who was willing to cooperate with us to save a child from vampirism, at least... It turned out we weren't the first to find him, though - a widderslainte from Abigail's Labyrinth there, the apprentice of Martha Cunningham, had found him first and was... locked up in the bathtub. We interrogated the poor kid and, well... did what we had to do before going upstairs to assault the apartment. I'll gloss over the tactical details, but with the aid of the rogue Technocrat we managed to rescue miss Bergen virtually without a hitch, despite one of the Fallen conjuring up some quintessence-eating horrendous blob that fortunately did not end up changing the tactical situation significantly. Dr. Lee was filled with righteous fury after miss Bergen was clear of the apartment, and rushed through a hole in the wall to... manhandle the Nephandus who conjured the blob into unconsciousness and take her prisoner. After that, we said our goodbyes to the cyborg and saw him off to try to restore some balance for his conscience. I doubt we'll ever hear from him again..."
He scratched his nose, "Let's see, what was next... Yes, I was able to interrogate the Nephandi prisoner, Jodelle Jerkins quite efficiently and painlessly, and found out her address, which we promptly ransacked and found a cache of research notes, some useful equipment, and an abducted widderslainte the she had been experimenting on. A girl named Molly Aydogan; very pleasant, not too dissimilar from Beatrice, in fact. She had listened to miss Jerkins' phone conversations during her involuntary stay, and we learned that the Fallen were assaulting the Mercere Chantry in Gary. So mr. Terach started escorting miss Aydogan back toward her home Chantry while the rest of us prepared a counterstrike. It would seem mr. Terach encountered a spot of bother on the way, though - but I don't know all the details of that. In any case, we hit the post office hard and fast, and with the exception of one badly abused young man who got the choice between killing me and running chose the latter - he had me dead to rights at the time, so I thought it a fair deal - we managed to clear the upper floor of hostiles, including a fellow called Gabriel, one of Abigail's strongest lieutenants. The stairs down were blocked by a solid air wall, which Adley and I managed to work together to partially unravel, at least - we'll probably get around to formally describing the theory behind what we did later, though the base concept was to reintroduce Reality and Potential to the barrier. Downstairs, though, things get a little fuzzy; we got through the door, and one Fallen who was hiding behind a force field shot at all of us, and hit miss Adelbloom in the head. It seems that hit my berserk button and, well, that force field was not particularly efficient against an angry man with a dagger... as I had my guard down, the last of the Fallen caught my Avatar in a magical grip and threatened to gilgul me if we didn't back off. It seems my Avatar took over at that point, to protect us both just like when my helicopter was shot down, and... it apparently managed something sneaky in our defense. The gilgul spell hit me and failed gloriously, it seems, and the Nephandus was stunned long enough for Adley to finish her off. I was unconscious and was sent back to Morningstar where I spent two days in a time bubble before waking up... and my Avatar had molted like a crustacean, growing bigger and stronger in the process. It, ah, still itches like you wouldn't believe, especially when I use magic, but it doesn't seem to have sustained any harm beyond, well, the equivalent of sunburn."
He scritched his cheek, "Next, we learned that a Mage fitting the description of the one that got away had checked into the no-questions clinic co-run by a member of Morningstar, and we had to try to place him under arrest. Luck, it seems, favoured the young Fallen, and Molly Aydogan's vampiric patron - the girl sings and the vampire loves song - somehow managed to track me down to interrogate me about the whereabouts and impending fate of her young friend. This caused enough of a ruckus outside the clinic that the Fallen boy apparently heard us and made his escape... but he left us - or rather me, as the merciful scarred man he recognized from the post office - his phone and called to essentially give a testimony, and to plead for mercy for a twelve-year-old girl among the Fallen of the Labyrinth. one of the things he could tell us was that there were a half dozen Fallen, Masters included, waiting in the wings to reinforce the first team that took the Mercere Chantry, so we detoured to reinforce Adley and the others who were cleaning the place out. On the way, we encountered a pair of Awakened individuals, and guessing them to be Fallen, made for an immediate capture... It turned out we were mistaken in that assumption; they were Technocrats investigating the flareup of qlippothic magic around the post office... so, in a rare moment of cooperation and pragmatism, I negotiated a truce between us to fight the greater enemy, and had them give us a few minutes to finish evacuating before they'd send in a team of HIT-Marks to fight the incoming Nephandi. The Hermetic Portal at the Chantry was disposed of deep in the bedrock, the Mercere vault was cleaned out and all the mail secured, and we got the hell out just in time to see the Fallen open a portal to enter the building... That Chantry was already lost, so letting the Union and the Fallen fight over an abandoned building seemed acceptable. The Chicago Tribunal might have a few harsh words for me, but I doubt they can really do more than that over the loss of a building - all the Mercere and valuables were, after all, successfully evacuated alive. Though, their Deacon Primus fares poorly; he might not pull through, poor man..."
He pondered, "Let's see, now... Ah, yes, after that, we managed to identify the runaway Fallen, and by his request, I set out to rescue his Awakened daughter - a perfect little girl, pure as the driven snow - and her sleeper mother. Unfortunately, the Fallen had the same idea, and I had to fend off two Nephandi in the apartment building - shooting the very twelve-year-old the runaway had pleaded for mercy for. I managed to convince the mother to come with me to a safe location, though, but unfortunately, the twelve-year-old's partner was a healer, so she'd been brought in to a hospital alive... and we needed to extricate her before either the Fallen or the Union got to her. We... did this; she's presently a captive in the infirmary at Morningstar, and she's got pattern damage to heart and lungs; the healing was only partially successful, it seems... and, um, after conferring with Master Min bani Guernicus, I would like to take the girl under my wing until she either cleanses her Avatar, dies from her injuries, or is well enough for... that. Please don't set me on fire for that; I feel bad enough as it is. The situation and legal argument is a bit more complex, but I'd be glad to go over it with you and Masters Steelhaven and Narim after the Labyrinths are dealt with and the immediate dust settles..."
He waited for a moment, gauging Morgan's reaction, before continuing, "After that rather miserable chain of events, let's see... then I think the next thing was rescuing an old Tremere from Prince Lodin's cell - he was to be used as a sacrifice at Lodin's favourite rooftop to empower the rather nastily resonated Node there, which the Fallen hope to use - by a combination of guile and a good map of the local storm drains. No, wait, I skipped over a bit - I managed to get on quite pleasant personal terms with Deaconess Darnell of Flamingo Chantry; a lady of grace, literally worth her weight in Primium and quite capable of functioning as a, hm, battering ram for taking down the Chicago Labyrinth - which we have located and gleaned an almost incredible amount of intel on over mere hours... Anyway, that said, between the arrest of the Nephandi girl, miss Jerkins and the one Nephandus who was guarding the old Tremere - the last one has the bizarre ability to send her Avatar out of her body; most disturbing, but Adley enabled me to communicate with the thing - I learned that my Avatar not only terrified Fallen Avatars, whether widderslainte or Fallen in this incarnation, and they fear what it would do if I were to enter a Caul... We managed to rescue the vampire, though; he's currently staked and guarded at Morningstar. And it seems I've identified the Mage who previously had my Avatar... a Solificati that was gilgulled in 1470... Well, his better half, at any rate..."
He sagged a little, leaning on the back of a chair, "And now there's the matter with mr. Karyak. Aside from an apparently preopsterous attitude toward proper treatment of prisoners, what the hell has the man done to cause so much outrage?"

((OOC: Holy crap, even the cliff notes are a huge wall of text! O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next