Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 26 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:26 pm

"And yes, it can but...well, part of me wishes to know how what you're saying is possible the other is hopeful that such a thing will help her."
Colin smiled, "Mia gathers all the fragments she can, it seems, and tries to rebuild herself with them... but it looks like she recognized the two pieces from Beatrice, and holds them isolated and safe instead. She might be willing to let them go in Beatrice's presence... it might be the best chance Beatrice has, or will ever have, to be healed... There's more to it, but not here and now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 26 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Adley Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Take it, please. I'll be just outside. He said, delivered the recorder and went out.

"Outside where?" he asked, confused and then picked up the recorder. He went and tapped at the bathroom door. "If I can have a few words with Mrs Getwarter now, please?" he asked.

Later:

"Mia gathers all the fragments she can, it seems, and tries to rebuild herself with them... but it looks like she recognized the two pieces from Beatrice, and holds them isolated and safe instead. She might be willing to let them go in Beatrice's presence... it might be the best chance Beatrice has, or will ever have, to be healed... There's more to it, but not here and now."

"Yes...not here...my goodness..." He thought about what Colin said, wondering if it was a good solution. It certainly seemed to be, at least they were her own avatar and not someone else's. But he was worried too about how it might hurt Colin or frighten Beatrice, given her weak state. Still, it was hopeful, even if rather bizarre. He chewed at his lip, stowing away his questions and comments.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "And a character who's over two thousand years old, with quite a passionate following since he was created a little over fifty years ago, that should have quite a bit of momentum."

"I would imagine that would create a pretty powerful Umbrood or some such creature, the spirit world is not my strongest point."
Helga said.

He smiled at Ingmar, "No need to worry about me, mr. Rush... It seems that Freddy getting hurt will push my berserk button, as well... as one spectacularly dead Nephandus discovered as his last surprise..."

"That would be the one who shot her yes? Good he should be dead."
Ingmar muttered then he regarded you for a moment.
"Just...treat her right Mr Wainweight, I look out for the members of my Cabal as I am sure you do for yours, I will not let anyone harm Freddy."
He declared and the young Virtual Adept sigh but she did give Ingmar a little smile anyway before patting your arm.

Colin nodded, "Please do, Jon - and ask if he can think of a better location than the Node to mend Beatrice's Avatar."

Jon nodded he gave you, Adley and Cita a bit of a sideways glance before he headed into the Node room and closed the heavy wooden door behind him.

"I suppose that is true," he frowned.

Jon gave you a bit of a smile.
"You are turning into your Mentor Adley."
He said and griped.

"Good point, well there are the smaller ritual room that is next door, it is not in close proximity to the one that was used for...that. We can probably all fit into though it would be a little cramped," he suggested.

"That should probably work quite well, and it will not be to long a ways to move Beatrice so we do not have to disturb her to much."
Cita said and nodded.

"I can make it more secure if we're talking about something we need to hold close."

"If ever there was someone you need to keep close it would be this Mr Roth Hicks."
The Spirit Healer said.
"Perhaps retreating to that small ritual room is not such a bad idea and then warding the place if we are going to discuss this."

Tane's Room Earlier:

Hildegard opened the door and led the tired, scared looking Nephadus out of the bathroom.
"Certainly Mr Roth Hicks, do you need me to wait here or would you like to speak with the prisoner alone?"
The Chorister said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Tane's Room Earlier:

Hildegard opened the door and led the tired, scared looking Nephadus out of the bathroom.
"Certainly Mr Roth Hicks, do you need me to wait here or would you like to speak with the prisoner alone?"
The Chorister said

"If you do not mind, it might be prudent to have you stay with us as Mr Karyak has...exited the rooms."

Later:

"You are turning into your Mentor Adley." He said and griped.

"I'm choosing to take that as one of the highest of compliments," he replied deadpan.

"If ever there was someone you need to keep close it would be this Mr Roth Hicks." The Spirit Healer said. "Perhaps retreating to that small ritual room is not such a bad idea and then warding the place if we are going to discuss this."

"That sounds like a plan," he agreed, casting a look at Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Tane's Room earlier:

"If you do not mind, it might be prudent to have you stay with us as Mr Karyak has...exited the rooms."

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks I can stay, I hope you do not mind if I sit the prisoner down into a chair, she still have a pretty bad wound in her side."
Hildegard asked and then if you did not protest she lead Cadence to one of the old living room chairs and helped the Nephandus to sit down.

Cadence looked up at you, she seamed to be terrified.
"Are you going to hurt me?"
She asked nervously.

Later:

"I'm choosing to take that as one of the highest of compliments," he replied deadpan.

Jon just gave you a bit of a sly grin at that before he went into the Node chamber and closed the door.

"That sounds like a plan," he agreed, casting a look at Colin.

Cita nodded.
"It is right in there is it not?"
She asked and pointed at one of the smaller ritual chambers.
"I could start setting up some wards."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:54 pm

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks I can stay, I hope you do not mind if I sit the prisoner down into a chair, she still have a pretty bad wound in her side." Hildegard asked and then if you did not protest she lead Cadence to one of the old living room chairs and helped the Nephandus to sit down.

"Of course not. And thank you."

Cadence looked up at you, she seamed to be terrified.
"Are you going to hurt me?"
She asked nervously.

"I wish to ask you some questions, if you will answer them. I have no wish to harm you."

"It is right in there is it not?" She asked and pointed at one of the smaller ritual chambers. "I could start setting up some wards."

"That is the one I was thinking of, yes," he replied.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:06 pm

THe other side of the door These people are weird
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:15 pm

"Just...treat her right Mr Wainweight, I look out for the members of my Cabal as I am sure you do for yours, I will not let anyone harm Freddy."
Colin nodded, "I have memories of loving her as much after twenty years together, living in a green little house on Horizon... trust me, I'll keep her safer than myself. Should something happen, you'll be the first I call."

"Perhaps retreating to that small ritual room is not such a bad idea and then warding the place if we are going to discuss this."
"That sounds like a plan,"
He nodded, "That should work... should be spacious enough, too, for your work methods. Sitting down with a laptop shouldn't require as much as, say, a full-fledged Hermetic ritual."

"I could start setting up some wards."
"Right, if you two get started on that, I'll keep watch in the corridor until Jon comes back out..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

He nodded, "That should work... should be spacious enough, too, for your work methods. Sitting down with a laptop shouldn't require as much as, say, a full-fledged Hermetic ritual.

"There are other reasons why that is a merit right now," he said with a frown. "Very well," he nodded to him and looked at Cita. "Let me know if you need my assistance with anything."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Tane's room:

"Of course not. And thank you."

Hildegard nodded.
"There is no need to thank me Mr Roth Hicks."
She said politely as she helped the bound woman sit down.

"I wish to ask you some questions, if you will answer them. I have no wish to harm you."

"Are you going to hurt me if I do not answer them?"
Cadence asked and looked up at you.
"I guess you probably will...ask what you want I will see if it are something I can answer."
She muttered.

Later:

"That is the one I was thinking of, yes," he replied.

Cita nodded.
"It should not be to hard to wards a small room like that, if you ward it against anyone hearing anything from outside of the room just to avoid the chance someone will overhear us I will deal with some spiritual and energetic protections? Do that sound agreeable to you Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

Colin nodded, "I have memories of loving her as much after twenty years together, living in a green little house on Horizon... trust me, I'll keep her safer than myself. Should something happen, you'll be the first I call."

"A little green house on Horizon...yeah Freddy might like that Mr Wainwright, and yes I expect to be the first you call if something happens, and you just make sure you keep her safe."
Ingmar said and Freddy looked a little embarrassed.
"Be nice Ingmar."
"I am nice Freddy, if I was not nice things would be bloody."

He nodded, "That should work... should be spacious enough, too, for your work methods. Sitting down with a laptop shouldn't require as much as, say, a full-fledged Hermetic ritual."

"No Virtual Adepts then to be space efficient Mr Wainwright."
Cita said with a wry grin.
"Very well we should prepare this small ritual room then, we can talk there."

"Right, if you two get started on that, I'll keep watch in the corridor until Jon comes back out..."

"Very well, this should not take very long."
Cita said she walked over to the little room and flipped her computer open and begun typing something.

"There are other reasons why that is a merit right now," he said with a frown. "Very well," he nodded to him and looked at Cita. "Let me know if you need my assistance with anything."

"If you could out up some kind of barrier around the room we will be talking in to make sure anyone wandering down the corridor will not overhear us that would be most helpful Mr Roth Hicks."
Cite suggested.

Tane:

As you stand outside your room waiting for Adley to be done talking with Cadence you see a young woman with long black hair, wearing a white skirt and blue top come down the corridor, the young woman gave you a nod as she saw you and looked at you for a moment as she had not seen you before.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 pm

"Are you going to hurt me if I do not answer them?" Cadence asked and looked up at you. "I guess you probably will...ask what you want I will see if it are something I can answer." She muttered.

Adley sighed. "I did not say that. However, I would like it if you would answer the questions I ask, Mrs Getwater. As I was told, you were coerced to go into the cauls. Can you tell me when that was and what exactly was the form of the coersion? Was someone involved, for example, that you could describe? As well, did the Nephandi give you any duties, or ask you to run any chores prior to tonight?"

Later:
"If you could out up some kind of barrier around the room we will be talking in to make sure anyone wandering down the corridor will not overhear us that would be most helpful Mr Roth Hicks."

"Yes, I can do that. Just give me a moment, please," he agreed. He walked inside and stood in the center of the room and began to use the same working that he'd been using for that purpose.

// Arete: 5, 8, 5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Tane nodded and smile, like inviting her to join him if she wanted to
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:35 pm

"A little green house on Horizon...yeah Freddy might like that Mr Wainwright, and yes I expect to be the first you call if something happens, and you just make sure you keep her safe."
Colin nodded, "So long as I have a means to reach you directly, you'll be on top of the list... Twenty years from now, perhaps you'll be on Horizon so I can entrust my family's safety to you while I go to take out a Nephandi Battlecruiser..."
He pondered for a moment, "Actually, come to think of it, I might have a way... Do you cook?"

"Very well we should prepare this small ritual room then, we can talk there."
He nodded, "I'll keep watch, then; just stick your head out when you are ready."

He leaned against the wall, thinking to Mia, "Please cooperate... and don't frighten our daughter when she comes close. Help Cita with the mending, and keep Beatrice safe..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:12 am

Adley Tane's room:

Adley sighed. "I did not say that. However, I would like it if you would answer the questions I ask, Mrs Getwater.

"I can try to answer the questions you have."
The prisoner muttered she looked at you, still afraid of you but somewhat relieved it seamed.

As I was told, you were coerced to go into the cauls. Can you tell me when that was and what exactly was the form of the coersion?

"It was a couple of months ago. It begun as my fault I got involved with the wrong people, but when I found out and tried to pull away the guy I had become ehm...friends with threatened to send information about me and him to the Traditions if I did not join up. I just got caught up in this whirlwinds and I could not get away."
Cadence muttered sadly.

Was someone involved, for example, that you could describe?

"Yeah but I am not sure if I want to...I mean I know what happens if they get caught and...I am just so confused, I do not like being part of the Nephandi but I am with them now and..."
The young woman shook her hear and looked away.

As well, did the Nephandi give you any duties, or ask you to run any chores prior to tonight?

"I have been on guard duty at the Labyrinth several times, been assigned kitchen and cleaning duty, I had to get lice and other pests of the pawns once that was fun...and there have been other...duties I do not want to talk about, there is this guy named Diego and he...is not kind to female members of the Labyrinth...some of the others would do the same."
Cadence muttered and started crying.

Adley and Colin later:

"Yes, I can do that. Just give me a moment, please," he agreed. He walked inside and stood in the center of the room and began to use the same working that he'd been using for that purpose.

The room was small there was an open space, a small wood table in a corner that could be used for an altar, a shelf to place supplies on and a stone bench towards one was for meditation, and that was all that was there. You begin your working, it was a little shaky but reality do obey your words, if grudgingly and your will deny sound to escape from the small ritual chamber. You see Cite is doing something and you can feel the place feeling very clean like it would if banished and consecrated and put under some sort of protection but all the Virtual Adept did was type on her lap top.

Colin nodded, "So long as I have a means to reach you directly, you'll be on top of the list... Twenty years from now, perhaps you'll be on Horizon so I can entrust my family's safety to you while I go to take out a Nephandi Battlecruiser..."

"Maybe, I can not imagine living on Horizon in the middle of a cesspool of politics and intrigue though but yes if I am there I would be glad to help protect Freddy but...Nephandi Battlecruiser...more of your visions...they are pretty hardy are they not?"
Ingmar said and raised an eyebrow.

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, come to think of it, I might have a way... Do you cook?

"Yeah I am not expert on it but if I want to eat I need to cook for myself yes what do you mean Mr Wainwright?"
Ingmar asked sounding confused.

He nodded, "I'll keep watch, then; just stick your head out when you are ready."

Cita nodded she eventually came out of the small chamber.
"We should be done now Mr Wainwright."

He leaned against the wall, thinking to Mia, "Please cooperate... and don't frighten our daughter when she comes close. Help Cita with the mending, and keep Beatrice safe..."

You felt your Avatar shift inside of your soul, but you got no reply from her other than that feeling of unease and a presence.

Tane:

The black haired woman came over to you and gave you a smile.
"You must be the new Dreamspeaker I have heard about, the one with a wereshark friend."
She said then she extended her hand.
"I am Ravenblood Dawn bani Verbena, my friends call me Raven."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:36 am

"It was a couple of months ago. It begun as my fault I got involved with the wrong people, but when I found out and tried to pull away the guy I had become ehm...friends with threatened to send information about me and him to the Traditions if I did not join up. I just got caught up in this whirlwinds and I could not get away."

"Why didn't you think that you would be believed that you were being blackmailed?" he asked. "Well, I think I see what you are getting at however," he frowned.

"Yeah but I am not sure if I want to...I mean I know what happens if they get caught and...I am just so confused, I do not like being part of the Nephandi but I am with them now and..."

"Mrs Getwater, do you understand the threat that Labyrinth are posing to Boston even as we speak? Right now, you have the chance to try to help us stop them from fulfilling their plans. If you do not like being a part of the Nephandi, consider a world where they are successful in what they seek to do. They blackmailed you and made you think you only had one option left, to join them. Yet surely there are people outside of them that you would not wish such a fate upon, or a world of their unmaking upon..."

"I have been on guard duty at the Labyrinth several times, been assigned kitchen and cleaning duty, I had to get lice and other pests of the pawns once that was fun...and there have been other...duties I do not want to talk about, there is this guy named Diego and he...is not kind to female members of the Labyrinth...some of the others would do the same." Cadence muttered and started crying.

"We...certainly don't need to discuss that sort of 'duty,' I am sorry for that happening to you." He waited a moment for her to calm down a little and then continued. "Mrs Getwater, it seems you had a great deal of access to the Labyrinth, if only for simple duties. Is there anything you would tell us about it?"

Later:

The room was small there was an open space, a small wood table in a corner that could be used for an altar, a shelf to place supplies on and a stone bench towards one was for meditation, and that was all that was there. You begin your working, it was a little shaky but reality do obey your words, if grudgingly and your will deny sound to escape from the small ritual chamber. You see Cite is doing something and you can feel the place feeling very clean like it would if banished and consecrated and put under some sort of protection but all the Virtual Adept did was type on her lap top.

Once he felt the rote come into being and he looked over at Cita. "Sound should not be able to escape the confines of this room, though it is not my finest work," he admitted. He looked at her with a speculative expression and then said. "Whatever you did to the room...it feels very clean," he nodded approvingly. "Well, I think we should ask Colin inside and see just what he's talking about."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:04 am

Tane's apartment:

"Why didn't you think that you would be believed that you were being blackmailed?" he asked. "Well, I think I see what you are getting at however," he frowned.

"Because I had something to do with these people, I got mixed up with them and that would go under conspire not with the enemies of Asencion. I was in a dark place, I got scooped up and when I found out what was going on I was both in a legal bind and I did not know how to get out of it again. I am not making any excuses though, but that is what happened."
Cadence said sadly.

"Mrs Getwater, do you understand the threat that Labyrinth are posing to Boston even as we speak? Right now, you have the chance to try to help us stop them from fulfilling their plans. If you do not like being a part of the Nephandi, consider a world where they are successful in what they seek to do. They blackmailed you and made you think you only had one option left, to join them. Yet surely there are people outside of them that you would not wish such a fate upon, or a world of their unmaking upon..."

"But..."
Cadence begun she seamed rather lost and confused then finally she sigh.
"Ok...I got involved with this guy, he is fairly tall, have a dark brown ponytail and brown eyes, there is a scar on the side of his face, he wears a nose ring and you know regular street clothes, he called himself Andy Byvale, but I do not think it is his real name. There was also this tall Asian woman with short hair with allot of gray in it she is one of the leaders there..."
The prisoner muttered and looked down.
"I do not want the Labyrinth to win, but they are all I have now."

"We...certainly don't need to discuss that sort of 'duty,' I am sorry for that happening to you." He waited a moment for her to calm down a little and then continued. "Mrs Getwater, it seems you had a great deal of access to the Labyrinth, if only for simple duties. Is there anything you would tell us about it?"

It took a few moments before Cadence managed to calm down then she nodded.
"I have access to the Labyrinth yes, but I can not betray it, that is my only hope. I know my chances of escape is small, but if they manage to save me...that is the only hope I have that I will not be...I know your friend...Tane...thinks he can get me away from the Council but that will never work, my only chance...is that Labyrinth..."

Later:

Once he felt the rote come into being and he looked over at Cita. "Sound should not be able to escape the confines of this room, though it is not my finest work," he admitted.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, it will do nicely."
Cita said and glanced around for a moment.

e looked at her with a speculative expression and then said. "Whatever you did to the room...it feels very clean," he nodded approvingly.

"I cleaned up the code of the place and put up a firewall...ehm...you would probably say I used a rather basic cleansing of the room to get rid of anything that could be used to gain access and then set up a spiritual and Primal ward."
She explained and scratched her blue streaked hair.
"And thank you."
Cita said and smiled at the compliment.

"Well, I think we should ask Colin inside and see just what he's talking about."

"I agree, I will go and get him."
Cita said and as she walked out of the prepared ritual room she smile to Colin and said.
"Mr Wainwright if you would join us..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:45 am

"Maybe, I can not imagine living on Horizon in the middle of a cesspool of politics and intrigue though but yes if I am there I would be glad to help protect Freddy but...Nephandi Battlecruiser...more of your visions...they are pretty hardy are they not?"
Colin nodded, "The first one, actually... they're pretty tough, but they do have weaknesses. A single infiltrator can accomplish what an army could not, that sort of thing..."

"Yeah I am not expert on it but if I want to eat I need to cook for myself yes what do you mean Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled thinly, "I don't know much about spirits, but I know where to find one specific; one who is both sociable and who speaks English. An air spirit - the spirit of the cooking fumes, of sorts. I... might be able to coax her into being with a small gift of quintessence, even if I can't generally do anything with spirits, and I might be able to use her to send a message once in a rare while."

"We should be done now Mr Wainwright."
"Mr Wainwright if you would join us..."
Colin nodded to Cita and knocked on the Node door, creaking it slightly open, "We'll be briefly conferring in the adjacent room; if you'd like to resume your post in the hallway, Jon?"
Then he followed Cita into the little ritual chamber and sat down on the stone bench, smelling the slightly... cleaner air, perhaps?
"Alright, Adley, where do I start..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:16 am

Colin nodded, "The first one, actually... they're pretty tough, but they do have weaknesses. A single infiltrator can accomplish what an army could not, that sort of thing..."

"Hum...that makes sense I guess...those ships they are alive are they not, that means magick should the able to affect them, if one can get past their defenses that is, then again they say one Nephandi Battlecruiser can take out two Technocracy Dreadnoughts."
Ingmar said and shrugged.
"If your vision is true then you will need all the luck you can get I think."

He smiled thinly, "I don't know much about spirits, but I know where to find one specific; one who is both sociable and who speaks English. An air spirit - the spirit of the cooking fumes, of sorts. I... might be able to coax her into being with a small gift of quintessence, even if I can't generally do anything with spirits, and I might be able to use her to send a message once in a rare while."

"That should work. I am not to good with spirits but I know how to see them and peer into the Umbra, it should be a fairly decent communication system if everything else fails."
The Verbena said and nodded in agreement.

Colin nodded to Cita and knocked on the Node door, creaking it slightly open, "We'll be briefly conferring in the adjacent room; if you'd like to resume your post in the hallway, Jon?"

Jon was sitting hunched down speaking softly to Beatrice he looked up and nodded.
"Ok, I better do that Colin the Chief have ordered the Node room is not to be left unguarded."
The Virtual Adept said, he gently patted Beatrice's hand then stood to walk back outside. Amadeus looked up at you he seamed a little confused about what was going on but he did not ask yet.

Then he followed Cita into the little ritual chamber and sat down on the stone bench, smelling the slightly... cleaner air, perhaps?

It would feel like slightly cleaner air but mostly it was just that the room felt fresh to be in, it felt good and relaxing to be there.

(OOC: There is a movie on in the background while I am writing and one of the characters say: At least you did not get your face blown up...I had to giggle at the timing just when writing a reply to Colin. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:53 pm

"Hum...that makes sense I guess...those ships they are alive are they not, that means magick should the able to affect them, if one can get past their defenses that is, then again they say one Nephandi Battlecruiser can take out two Technocracy Dreadnoughts."
Colin grinned, "Actually, the weakest point is the Handler; a Nephandus whose mind is shackled to the creature's brain... Without the Handler, the creature will act on its instincts and head home, rather than fight. The problem, of course, is getting to the innermost, best defended room in the thing. Getting far enough to be noticed and then getting captured worked, though... will work... will have worked?"

"If your vision is true then you will need all the luck you can get I think."
"Luck, and a few pieces of gear. I've got an interesting glove design coming up, once I can figure out the prerequisites. Grisly, but effective."

"That should work. I am not to good with spirits but I know how to see them and peer into the Umbra, it should be a fairly decent communication system if everything else fails."
He nodded, "I have no power over them - can't even see them without, say, mr. Roth Hicks sharing his perception with me. But, knowing where they are and having some rapport with them might help."

Amadeus looked up at you he seamed a little confused about what was going on but he did not ask yet.
Colin raised his finger across his lips, and gave Amadeus a short nod, "A couple of minutes, and we'll try to heal her... but it might frighten her a little, so best not in here."

((OOC: What movie dares to mock Colin like that? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Colin grinned, "Actually, the weakest point is the Handler; a Nephandus whose mind is shackled to the creature's brain... Without the Handler, the creature will act on its instincts and head home, rather than fight. The problem, of course, is getting to the innermost, best defended room in the thing. Getting far enough to be noticed and then getting captured worked, though... will work... will have worked?"

"Hum...first of all that is a shit as fuck job being the Handler, if I ever fall to the Nephandi remind me not to volunteer to do that."
Ingmar said with a wry grin.
"I would be more worried about what I would do to you if you ever Fell Ing, than about becoming mind married to a literal giant spirit slug from beyond this world."
Freddy said and Ingmar lifted his hands in mock defense.
"I have no plans to change faction Freddy but that do remind me of something, Mr Wainwright, your plan the way I see it hinge of the Fallen not knowing that you are coming and that they do not have to many defenses up inside of the ship, should you not be careful who you tell this to? I mean sometimes a Traditionalist do Fall or get captured and tortured by the Nephies, and all it would take is one such person that knows and that plan of yours if this attack on Horizon actually happens, will unravel."
The Verbena said and raised an eyebrow.

"Luck, and a few pieces of gear. I've got an interesting glove design coming up, once I can figure out the prerequisites. Grisly, but effective."

"Well you might get someone else to help you out as well love I do not think, or at least I do not hope there are two many years before I get my Adept degree of Correspondence, I am saving up to take lessons from a Master of the Art, perhaps my uncle, anyway I was planning on focusing on temporal magick afterwards but if I started to study the spiritual world I might be able to teleport you out, I mean with the history you have seen between us, I would have one hell of an link to you so pinpointing you should not be to hard."
Freddy said.

He nodded, "I have no power over them - can't even see them without, say, mr. Roth Hicks sharing his perception with me. But, knowing where they are and having some rapport with them might help."

"It might I mean often if something is wrong and you have no other means of getting help calling for Poodle and telling him to tell the Chief might work, not as effective as using actual magick but still, it is better than nothing and we know those imps are around..."
Ingmar said then he looked at you.
"Talking of food though Mr Wainwright, assuming we have a world come Monday, one of these days you have to come over to my place for dinner, I will also be inviting the other guys of my Cabal, if you are going to be dating Freddy, we need to get to know you."
The Verbena said protectively and Freddy gave herself a face palm and sigh.
"Ing this is 2015...I do not need the boys in my Cabal protecting me."

Colin raised his finger across his lips, and gave Amadeus a short nod, "A couple of minutes, and we'll try to heal her... but it might frighten her a little, so best not in here."

"What...how?"
Amadeus exclaimed and he looked like he wanted to question you then and there but he only ended up saying in a low whisper.
"You will explain this all to me before anything is done to Beatrice Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: One of the Pokemon movies because part of me never get more than five years old and I still watch kids movies from time to time. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:57 pm

"I would be more worried about what I would do to you if you ever Fell Ing, than about becoming mind married to a literal giant spirit slug from beyond this world."
Colin grimaced, "More like a gargantuan semisentient tumor with internal tunnels covered in assorted sensory organs and genitalia than a gastropod, really..."

"I have no plans to change faction Freddy but that do remind me of something, Mr Wainwright, your plan the way I see it hinge of the Fallen not knowing that you are coming and that they do not have to many defenses up inside of the ship, should you not be careful who you tell this to? I mean sometimes a Traditionalist do Fall or get captured and tortured by the Nephies, and all it would take is one such person that knows and that plan of yours if this attack on Horizon actually happens, will unravel."
He nodded, "I've considered that possibility... but I think they are at their reasonable limit already as to the number of guards they can post, and the interior defenses they can mount that won't give the creature a proverbial itch... Besides, a lot of my progress made was due to pure luck, and there's scant defense against that..."

"Well you might get someone else to help you out as well love I do not think, or at least I do not hope there are two many years before I get my Adept degree of Correspondence, I am saving up to take lessons from a Master of the Art, perhaps my uncle, anyway I was planning on focusing on temporal magick afterwards but if I started to study the spiritual world I might be able to teleport you out, I mean with the history you have seen between us, I would have one hell of an link to you so pinpointing you should not be to hard."
He nodded, "That's also a viable option... Very viable. Timing it might be tricky, though, since the time from when the shields go down until the thing goes boom is... well..."

"It might I mean often if something is wrong and you have no other means of getting help calling for Poodle and telling him to tell the Chief might work, not as effective as using actual magick but still, it is better than nothing and we know those imps are around..."
"Hm, I don't think I've ever met Poodle, actually... Unless he's the little energy ball I've sometimes sensed bouncing around in the corridors."

"Talking of food though Mr Wainwright, assuming we have a world come Monday, one of these days you have to come over to my place for dinner, I will also be inviting the other guys of my Cabal, if you are going to be dating Freddy, we need to get to know you."
He grinned, "Ah, going for the 'protective big brothers' approach, are we? Fair enough, though I might be preparing a bit of a feast before then - a bit of older English cooking, and inviting some guests, such as a small groups of good allies from Morningstar in Chicago. Obviously, this will be in celebration of the world still spinning next week..."

"Ing this is 2015...I do not need the boys in my Cabal protecting me."
He chuckled, "Luv, just roll with it - it's a guy thing going back centuries upon centuries, to make sure they can trust the guy running off with their dear daughter, sister, niece or otherwise to treat her decently... It's not so much about protecting the women as making sure they can sleep without worrying, I think. Heavens know anyone trying to marry my little sister is probably going to have a very surprising Big Brother chat with me..."

"You will explain this all to me before anything is done to Beatrice Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "I will, in a soundproof room."
He glanced down at Beatrice, and whispered, "Filia mi cara... I hope this works..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Colin grimaced, "More like a gargantuan semisentient tumor with internal tunnels covered in assorted sensory organs and genitalia than a gastropod, really..."

"I am glad we got that cleared up before I tried to pour salt on the bloody battle cruisers Colin."
Freddy said sarcastically.
"Not a pleasant creature in any regard."

He nodded, "I've considered that possibility... but I think they are at their reasonable limit already as to the number of guards they can post, and the interior defenses they can mount that won't give the creature a proverbial itch... Besides, a lot of my progress made was due to pure luck, and there's scant defense against that..."

"Why would you make the assumption that they do not have access to more guards, what are you drawing that conclusion on Mr Wainwright?"
Ingmar asked and raised an eyebrow.
"For all you know they can add any kind of wards and any number of men to that equation if they feel that they need it."

He nodded, "That's also a viable option... Very viable. Timing it might be tricky, though, since the time from when the shields go down until the thing goes boom is... well..."

"Well if you have some way to signal me love then I do not take long to activate a program once I have done the leg work and actually programmed it."
Freddy said and smiled.

"Hm, I don't think I've ever met Poodle, actually... Unless he's the little energy ball I've sometimes sensed bouncing around in the corridors."

"He very well might be that little energy ball Mr Wainwright, however there is allot of energy flying around these hallways so it is hard to say for sure."
Ingmar commented.

He grinned, "Ah, going for the 'protective big brothers' approach, are we? Fair enough, though I might be preparing a bit of a feast before then - a bit of older English cooking, and inviting some guests, such as a small groups of good allies from Morningstar in Chicago. Obviously, this will be in celebration of the world still spinning next week..."

"Yes we are going for the protective big brothers approach, or protective friends or whatever you want to call it."
The young Verbena muttered.
"Hum...your feast sound like a good idea, we could use something to lift everyone's spirits after this damn week. We can find a suitable time for our talk over dinner, we just need to make sure it is soon."
The rune carver said and gave you a bit of a scowl.

He chuckled, "Luv, just roll with it - it's a guy thing going back centuries upon centuries, to make sure they can trust the guy running off with their dear daughter, sister, niece or otherwise to treat her decently... It's not so much about protecting the women as making sure they can sleep without worrying, I think. Heavens know anyone trying to marry my little sister is probably going to have a very surprising Big Brother chat with me..."

"I will...tolerate it..."
Freddy said and Ingmar grinned then have gave you a bit of a look, when the time for that dinner came you obviously had to be prepared to answer some questions from the young Verbena and his Cabalmates.

Colin nodded, "I will, in a soundproof room."

"Very well, tell me where you are and I will come in and talk with you and the rest, but someone are then going to have to watch Beatrice while I am out."
Amadeus said, still giving you a curious look.

He glanced down at Beatrice, and whispered, "Filia mi cara... I hope this works..."

Beatrice looked at you, she looked pale, scared and sick, weakly she lifted her chained hands and gave you a slight wave and a smile before she whimpered again and her hands fell down again, to heavy to keep up. You feel your Avatar shivering at the sight of the young Verbena girl, the sight upset her though she did not speak to you, there was just those confused emotions.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:21 pm

"But..."Cadence begun she seamed rather lost and confused then finally she sigh."Ok...I got involved with this guy, he is fairly tall, have a dark brown ponytail and brown eyes, there is a scar on the side of his face, he wears a nose ring and you know regular street clothes, he called himself Andy Byvale, but I do not think it is his real name. There was also this tall Asian woman with short hair with allot of gray in it she is one of the leaders there..."The prisoner muttered and looked down. "I do not want the Labyrinth to win, but they are all I have now."

"You haven't been told their names since you went through the caul?" he asked. "Mrs Getwater, if this Labyrinth wins, we're not talking about a little problem here we're talking about large scale problems for everyone.

"I have access to the Labyrinth yes, but I can not betray it, that is my only hope. I know my chances of escape is small, but if they manage to save me...that is the only hope I have that I will not be...I know your friend...Tane...thinks he can get me away from the Council but that will never work, my only chance...is that Labyrinth..."

"If your hope is that the Labyrinth that blackmailed you and allowed its members to abuse you is your only hope then Mrs Getwater, we both know that is a sad state of affairs. They would be saving you so you could live in their version of the apocalypse. Please, There must be some people that you would wish to spare that, even if you think 'they are all you have.'"

Later:

"I cleaned up the code of the place and put up a firewall...ehm...you would probably say I used a rather basic cleansing of the room to get rid of anything that could be used to gain access and then set up a spiritual and Primal ward." She explained and scratched her blue streaked hair. "And thank you."

"You know, I'd really like to get a chance to sit and talk with you about a lot of things, so many things including the fact I need to apologize for the state you fill find your rug in at your apartment at home. But for now, I heard you were teaching Mr Karyak about avatars. If you could...assist him with a bit of caution, he had talents undoubtedly but I am concerned that he is sometimes impatient or rash. For example, he offered to try to help me learn how to help Beatrice's avatar as he did but in the first place, he did that in front of the Mercere and their state has worsened for it. Anyway, we can talk about it later."

"I agree, I will go and get him." Cita said and as she walked out of the prepared ritual room she smile to Colin and said. "Mr Wainwright if you would join us..."

He gave him a wry look. "I'd say the beginning but that would be a long history lesson so how about start in where it's most relevant?"he asked. "I spoke with Master Nassa about Beatrice's state and he was rather adamant that he would do anything to heal her, which is when I gave him my reservations, the ones I shared with you. Ah, sorry I suppose I didn't tell you that," he said, turning to Cita. "In a seeking I had, I...experienced what it would be like to use an avatar to heal someone else's by using strips of it. The outcome for the person having their avatar turned into bandages was...well, frankly horrible. Even to do to a Nephandi." Then he said, "Which is why I was cautiously hopeful when I heard there was something else that could be tried...so let's hear it, because I confess I have already started to worry."

// Sorry I totally passed out early after not sleeping too well for the last few days. Been sick for over a week now. Got one medicine, had a pretty bad allergy reaction to it, then got another. Now the doc thinks I have a virus.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:01 pm

"Why would you make the assumption that they do not have access to more guards, what are you drawing that conclusion on Mr Wainwright?"
Colin shook his head, "It's not about the access to more guards... The ship felt... I'm not sure how to express it properly, perhaps, but the ship felt as though there's only a given number of people it can support for extended periods of time - sort of like a mundane submarine. Too many people on board, and you get all sorts of problems like food and air supplies, cabin fever and the like, and I really don't think the Fallen are better at keeping the latter in check than highly trained military personnel. The Battlecruisers didn't... ehh... I can't be completely certain, but it didn't seem like it had the accomodations for long-term occupancy by large numbers of people, like for instance a hangar ship does. I'll admit, I could be wrong about that..."

"For all you know they can add any kind of wards and any number of men to that equation if they feel that they need it."
He nodded, "I can't deny that possibility, but... on that sort of scale, there's the matter of logistics and maintenance to contend with. And even for Mages, that's a lot of extra work for extremely unlikely scenarios - I quite literally get in by accident."

"Well if you have some way to signal me love then I do not take long to activate a program once I have done the leg work and actually programmed it."
He grinned, "I suppose I could spend some time working on our wedding rings; can't think of a much more powerful and personal link than that..."

"He very well might be that little energy ball Mr Wainwright, however there is allot of energy flying around these hallways so it is hard to say for sure."
He grinned, "A lot of energy, true, but relatively rarely in the approximate form of a bouncing ball - trailing ribbons, flowing clouds, even the feel of a precursor to a thunderstorm, but the feel of a playful bouncing ball seems a bit more peculiar."

"I will...tolerate it..."
He chuckled softly, "Well, mr. Rush, it seems we both should have grounds for concern, then. I for what your Cabal may decide to do to me if I don't quite meet whatever standards you have in place, and you for what Freddy will do in retribution."
He turned serious, then, and lowered his voice, "But a fair warning, mr. Rush, after what I've been through, there's very little left that has even a chance at scaring me. I've taken military rocketry to the face and lived to tell the tale. I've had my Avatar directly attacked, and come out stronger than before. I would rather not regale other Mages with such tales over dinner, but if pressed... I just might share those experiences."
He lit up again with a smile, gently stroking a hand over Freddy's neck, "But, we're all friends here, and very much fond of Freddy, aren't we?"

"Very well, tell me where you are and I will come in and talk with you and the rest, but someone are then going to have to watch Beatrice while I am out."
He nodded, "I need to explain things to Adley first... I'll send in him or Master Telar afterwards. Because you do need to know this..."

"I'd say the beginning but that would be a long history lesson so how about start in where it's most relevant?" ... "Which is why I was cautiously hopeful when I heard there was something else that could be tried...so let's hear it, because I confess I have already started to worry."
Colin nodded, "As Cita examined my Avatar, I had two visions... two memories. The first was coming out of the egg on weak and wobbly legs, and picking the name Heylel Teomim before passing out on the bloody cold stone floor in Julius de Medici's laboratory. And for all he is lauded as an unparallelled genius, the man was an idiot with an utter lack of the foresight needed to prepare some blankets or a robe in an unheated stone room... The second was pacing with most of the First Cabal in the room, as we waited for Eloine to give birth... and eventually, I was allowed in to see you for the first time. You were truly adorable then, both of you; so small and helpless and... just perfect..."
He shook his head, "At any rate, what we discovered is that my Avatar is indeed rebuilding itself... and taking in any and all fragments it finds, adding them to the gestalt. With the exception of two shards, which it holds safe and sound at the core - two shards that were captured when I supported Beatrice in the ritual chamber. I think Mia recognizes her daughter, even if she's been... changed. It's my hope that she'll return those shards if Beatrice is in as close proximity again - with luck, perhaps she'll even help fuse the pieces back into place as they were supposed to be... and it can all be done without a donor; it will all be Beatrice's own Avatar coming together again."
He sighed, leaning backward and mumbling, "And between the debriefings, I had the time to look at The Fragile Path again... I remember my old friends; Bernadette's voice, Moro's favourite food, Louis' choice in drinks... and how Heylel's body felt; so much taller and more slender than myself, the fabric of their robes and the feel of the floor against their footsoles..."
He shook his head, "But, no time for reminiscing about people half a millennium past..."

((OOC: Ack, get better soon, dude! Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Tane's Apartment:

"You haven't been told their names since you went through the caul?" he asked. "Mrs Getwater, if this Labyrinth wins, we're not talking about a little problem here we're talking about large scale problems for everyone.

"I was told the name of the Japanese woman, she is head of security and her name is Mysaki Mori...or I guess it is the other way around since she is Japanese, Wallace Jace is the second in command, Lisa Larson is the Labyrinth leader. Andy have not told me his real name, but he is Hermetic...or was Hermetic I guess is a better way to put it and you know how they are..."
Cadence said then she looked nervously down.
"Ehm sorry, I did not mean that to sound negative. I know some of those in the Labyrinth though but I do not know if it would be right to just give you a list...some have names in the Drangon's Tongue, I do not think you can pronounce that."
The Prisoner said then she nodded.
"Yeah I know...Larson plan to summon...something bad...something real bad..."
She muttered and looked away again.

"If your hope is that the Labyrinth that blackmailed you and allowed its members to abuse you is your only hope then Mrs Getwater, we both know that is a sad state of affairs.

"Yes it is a sad state of affairs but what other hope do I have? I am a Nephandus, I do not want to be but I am and I am captured by the Traditions, have my magick bound by some sort of serum and my only defender is the crazy as hell man who run me through with his teeth sword...I will take what hope I can get."

They would be saving you so you could live in their version of the apocalypse.

"That is better than Gilgul!"
Cadence muttered sounding terrified.

Please, There must be some people that you would wish to spare that, even if you think 'they are all you have.'"

"I...do not want anyone else to be destroyed or the world. I want to seek oblivion but that do not mean I want to drag others with me...and my Cabal and my Mentor and my old parents...I..."
The young Nephandus looked shamefully down.
"B...but I am scarred, I really, really do not want to get...Gilgulled..."
She muttered and started sobbing again at the thought of it.

Later:

"You know, I'd really like to get a chance to sit and talk with you about a lot of things, so many things including the fact I need to apologize for the state you fill find your rug in at your apartment at home.

"I would like that Mr Roth Hicks, when there is time. Tell you what once we are done with all of this crazy bullshit that have gone on latterly I will cook for you and your Mentor in my apartment on Horizon and we will talk, I am no great cook but some pasta I should be able to do. Now as for my rug no worries I can just dissolve it and output a new one from The Sims."
Cita said and smiled.

But for now, I heard you were teaching Mr Karyak about avatars. If you could...assist him with a bit of caution, he had talents undoubtedly but I am concerned that he is sometimes impatient or rash. For example, he offered to try to help me learn how to help Beatrice's avatar as he did but in the first place, he did that in front of the Mercere and their state has worsened for it. Anyway, we can talk about it later."

"I know and I feel responsible for what happened with the Mercere...Master Nassa had asked Tane to keep guard for a while and so he decided not to let me in to check on Bee when I came down to do so and talked me into letting him check on her instead, that is when the unfortunate incident with the Red Caps happened...I should have insisted."
Cita said and sigh sadly.
"Tane is...talented but he is rash and he often do not think, for example he got the idea that we should build a infirmary down here in the basement, no matter how many said that we can not have an infirmary inside the Node chamber and there are no available room here as opposed to the attic where there are plenty of free, unused space he still insisted, thinking only of this situation where there are two, well now three people with wounded Avatars, ignoring the fact that such injuries are rare and there are much more likely to be physical illness and injuries and a conventional infirmary would be much more useful...and also off course that there are no room for something like that down here. Tane get an idea in his head and ignore anything that do not fit with what he want, he is a good kid though, he means well."

Ah, sorry I suppose I didn't tell you that," he said, turning to Cita. "In a seeking I had, I...experienced what it would be like to use an avatar to heal someone else's by using strips of it. The outcome for the person having their avatar turned into bandages was...well, frankly horrible. Even to do to a Nephandi." Then he said, "Which is why I was cautiously hopeful when I heard there was something else that could be tried...so let's hear it, because I confess I have already started to worry."

"Yes using a donor Avatar would be horrible, it is not a solution I would favor, but before the newest development I felt it had to be considered since Beatrice are in such a bad state however now...well it is Mr Wainwright's story to tell not mine but I am hopeful this can save Miss Alexander and not harm anyone in the process, but I have to admit it have it's risks."
Cita said and looked at you and then at Colin.

(OOC: First of all you do not have to post ten posts a day so you do not need to apologize. Secondly I hope you will get well soon, take care of yourself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next