Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 28 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Adley Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:34 pm

"Well like I said we have gotten some reinforcements from Chicago though some of them have gone missing and some have been killed in battle. Well Trina and Alexei are infernalists they are worried about the world actually ending. William is nervous he will loose his apprentice in battle or worse yet that she will be captured and is considering sending her away, Tommy is the one that is trying to win over the Orphan and Clarissa who is the keeper of the Caul is concerned about it's health..."

"I see. Can you tell me about Clarissa and her concerns, or anything about the caul?"

Later:

"Hum...well we are going to have to bring Jeffry in on this I think so perhaps he will be willing to try to speak with this Umbrood for us...and the very High Umbral ones, especially the Lords can be hard to deal with..." Cita agreed.

"He may speak with me. Or not...but as what you ask might require a new agreement, it might be best to cut out the middle man as it were."

He shook his head, "I've drawn pictures from Horizon as it will look months and years in the future, and now I've also seen how parts of it looked over five centuries ago... but I've never been further out than the Umbral Port, I think... Possibly slightly further; I'm not sure how deep the shortcuts mr. Terach led me on went..." He straightened his back with a grin, "So it's going to be interesting to set foot on Horizon again for the first time in my life."

"That makes my head hurt..."

He nodded, "I suspect... Mia senses when it would be dangerous to show me something. She's aware enough of what I perceive to be royally annoyed every time someone asks me if I'm alright after my encounter with a gilgul-happy Nephandus. Every time someone asks..."

He gave a faint smile. "I will take that as a rather good sign."

"Chief Morgan is already informed about my... inheritance. As the Mentor of Adley, and as the Security Chief of the Chantry, I deemed it necessary to keep him informed as early as possible. Master Steelhaven will also be informed before I return to Chicago, for the same reasons. Master Narim... might have to wait until he takes Master Steelhaven's position. I believe he's a good, trustworthy man, but involving all the Deacons might be unwise, though I'll defer to Master Steelhaven's assessment in that regard."

"I trust Narim very much," he spoke up. "But in this instance compartmentalizing the information might be safer, at least for now."

He smiled and lifted out a couple of the mana beads from under his shirt, "I got the idea from miss Jerkins' journals - her experiment on feeding miss Aydogan corrupted tass, if you recall? I made the connection suddenly, contemplating how Balanced or Static Tass felt like lotion to the soul, more so than Dynamic or Entropic, and realized that the soothing sensation was partly aided by the Quintessence's Resonance. As such, Corrupted Tass, preferably slightly on the Entropic side, might help Beatrice more than our flavours of choice. But, the legality of it being in question, it's probably best to wait with that."

Adley made a face at the mention of the experimentation. "Well, the stone rose you gave her is helping and I'd rather use something like that..."

"Me neither, but it's better I am aware of it than ignorant... at least this way I can have my Avatar's balance examined more or less regularly to see if there's any undue influence from those fragments, and... I can help Beatrice by working alongside her with my own Avatar to try to, er, unwring those shards."

"Well, one thing at a time. This is going to be a long process..."

"That sounds like the plan we have been discussing yes unless Mr Wainwright have something to add that I think is the most reasonable course of action right now...well there is one more thing Tane...he have become very attached to Beatrice we have to decide on how much to tell him, if we try some treatment on Beatrice and he is not told he might react very, very badly."
"That sounds essentially spot on - delay until we can get some pain treatment for Beatrice, and inform Master Nassa right away. And... I'll inform mr. Karyak about the plan, with instructions that he is not to attend. I'm going to have to get a simplified copy of the Protocols from the library and ask Chief Morgan and Master Steelhaven about the possibility of a Geas on the young man just in case. He's... a lot more rash and reckless than I'd thought, after hearing the testimony of the three he went out with." He frowned, "He's not coming out of this one smelling like roses, that much I can say... the best I can hope for is to contain the stink to our own Chantry so he doesn't turn into... something the Italian Angel can use against us."

"I tried talking with Mr Karyak about the prisoner and a few other matters, though I was fairly brief. I am not sure I got through to him. Though he agreed to what the Chief asked me to tell him, a few moments later he was talking about bringing her out of his apartments to work on her case with him so she could generate ideas. This is the same woman that he ran through with a sword and who places her only hopes in the Labyrinth saving her. Even she does not believe him, mind. Then he was asking if there should be a guard with her while he was out, even after I told him explicitly that. It seems to me that he will go along with it until he decides that it's wrong. When it comes to Beatrice, I told him that I was like a brother to her though she has..or had different feelings for me. At any rate, I tried to impress caution but I am not confident that he can be trusted with sensitive information, although I would like to be able to tell him what's really going on and to trust him. I just don't think we can afford to, unfortunately. I don't know what else to say, if you haven't spoken with him then you are, to quote Princess Leia, my only hope Obi Wan." He threw his hands up in a gesture of frustration. "Well, let's go see Master Nassa and I'll sit in with Bee. Then...it seems you'll be having conversations with Mr Karyak and the Chief, I'll run my other errand and we can figure out what's going on with the -other- problems..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 28 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Kitchen:

Colin snorted, "Have you seen the bloody Congress here? Mortal humans with a life expectancy of maybe eighty years spend between forty and sixty years in the same seat of power, swiftly losing any grasp of what their constituency might have to deal with because they are so far removed from ordinary everyday struggles...

"You do got a point there, but fourthly years are not the same as four hundred, grated not all the Primi are that old but some of them are and it is hard not to get at least a little bit static."
Ingmar said and sigh.
"But yes I guess both sleeper politicians and old mages can be removed from the struggles of those they are supposed to serve."

The same bloody principle applies. I mean, I can understand it for the British House of Lords - that's an inherited position one keeps until one either disclaims one's aristocratic legacy - which must be done swiftly upon inheritance - or by formal resignation, removal for nonattendance or removal for being convicted of a serious crime with prison time... In fact, it's quite dismaying how insanity is not grounds for dismissal

"I think it is insane to have a nobility in the first place, let alone give them any power. One thing is electing leaders for their strength or their abilities but just for who their parents are that is just crazy to me, no offense to you British people."

But elected positions in the second-highest office in the land, and the fat asses there keep getting reelected twenty, thirty times? That's just ridiculous, if it weren't so bloody serious..."

"Well the Primi are not even elected they get Chosen by the leaders of their Traditions and approved by Master Porthos and then they sit on their seats until they die or step down, I have never heard of a Primus being removed from office...at least with sleeper politicians they you can kick out."

He nodded softly, "Yes... and she's the one who got your father into trouble, as well, by convincing him he could get you back by helping... something even he should have known was not going to happen... I'll try to arrange for you to see him in the morning, though - that, at least, should be a boon for you both..."

"Do my mother hate me, is that why she did it?"
Liv asked softly then she looked up.
"I would like to see my father yes...is he well Mr Wainwright, what if he is cold, or scared or hurt anywhere..."
The little girl asked in a concerned tone of voice.

Colin nodded, "She worked out for herself that it was her mother who sold her out... and she knows that her father is in trouble, as well. Him, at least, it is possible to plead for mercy for; for her sake more than his own..."

"Yeah she is Ulv's kid is she not?...he have gotten himself into serious trouble but at least there is some hope for him, but for a Nephandus that would sell out her own kid to vampires, that really is deprived."
Ingmar said and sigh.
"Do you think the kid will be ok Mr Wainwright? She still have a Mentor to care for her do she not?"

Basement:

Colin nodded, "Addiction is a treatable condition. Death, not so much..."

"Well some Masters of...several Spheres actually might disagree with you but yes, treating addiction is far easier."

He shook his head, "I've drawn pictures from Horizon as it will look months and years in the future, and now I've also seen how parts of it looked over five centuries ago... but I've never been further out than the Umbral Port, I think... Possibly slightly further; I'm not sure how deep the shortcuts mr. Terach led me on went..."
He straightened his back with a grin, "So it's going to be interesting to set foot on Horizon again for the first time in my life."

"You are beginning to sound like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and chuckled.
"Well parts of Horizon is lovely, I would love to show you around."

He nodded, "I suspect... Mia senses when it would be dangerous to show me something. She's aware enough of what I perceive to be royally annoyed every time someone asks me if I'm alright after my encounter with a gilgul-happy Nephandus. Every time someone asks..."

"Possibly but do remember that Avatars do not always see the physical world like we do, and the interaction is not flawless, she might not always understand when something is dangerous, or might think a dangerous situation would be a good lesson for you...and when that is said, a Gilgul-happy anything especially a Nephandus is a terrifying concept."
The spirit healer said raising one eyebrow.

"Chief Morgan is already informed about my... inheritance. As the Mentor of Adley, and as the Security Chief of the Chantry, I deemed it necessary to keep him informed as early as possible. Master Steelhaven will also be informed before I return to Chicago, for the same reasons. Master Narim... might have to wait until he takes Master Steelhaven's position. I believe he's a good, trustworthy man, but involving all the Deacons might be unwise, though I'll defer to Master Steelhaven's assessment in that regard."

"I agree with informing Jeffry that was the right move, and Master Steelhaven as your Deacon Primus should probably know yes. Narim is a good honorable man, but you should keep the number of people who know about your secret fairly low Mr Wainwright, it is not something you want to be spread around."
Cita warned you.

He smiled and lifted out a couple of the mana beads from under his shirt, "I got the idea from miss Jerkins' journals - her experiment on feeding miss Aydogan corrupted tass, if you recall?

"What experiments are you talking about Mr Wainwright?"
The Virtual Adept Spirit Master asked.

But, the legality of it being in question, it's probably best to wait with that."

"Yes we are going to have to wait until we hear back from Master Steelhaven about that."

"That sounds essentially spot on - delay until we can get some pain treatment for Beatrice, and inform Master Nassa right away.

"Yes that do seam like the best course of action indeed."

nd... I'll inform mr. Karyak about the plan, with instructions that he is not to attend.

"You are going to get a handful on your hands there Mr Wainwright and how will you explain where we got the two shards we will use to treat Beatrice from?"

I'm going to have to get a simplified copy of the Protocols from the library and ask Chief Morgan and Master Steelhaven about the possibility of a Geas on the young man just in case. He's... a lot more rash and reckless than I'd thought, after hearing the testimony of the three he went out with."

"He will probably refuse to take a Geas though, but yes Tane have allot of potential but he also have allot of growing up to do, giving him a copy of the Protocols might be wise though, the question is if he will be willing to follow them."
Cita said and sigh.

He frowned, "He's not coming out of this one smelling like roses, that much I can say... the best I can hope for is to contain the stink to our own Chantry so he doesn't turn into... something the Italian Angel can use against us."

"Perhaps a bit of a slap on the wrist can calm Tane down and show him there are some consequences to his actions, and yes we do not need any more trouble from that woman."
Cita muttered and shook her head.
"For she will bury us all if she get half a chance."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:18 pm

Tane's apartment:

"I see. Can you tell me about Clarissa and her concerns, or anything about the caul?"

"Clarissa is a, I think Progenitor Barabbus, she is a technomancer anyway, she the Labyrinth's best healer and tends to the Caul. I do not know to much about the Caul I...do not like to go near it those memories all those years trapped in..."
Cadence fall quiet for some time.
"I do not want to talk about the Caul..."
She declared with a haunted look in her eyes.

Basement:

"He may speak with me. Or not...but as what you ask might require a new agreement, it might be best to cut out the middle man as it were."

"Agreed whatever is the most effective solution."
Cita said.

"I trust Narim very much," he spoke up. "But in this instance compartmentalizing the information might be safer, at least for now."

"Compartmentalizing the information is what I would recommend, even if I trust Narim and he is a very good man,it is best to keep the number of people that knows low."

"I tried talking with Mr Karyak about the prisoner and a few other matters, though I was fairly brief. I am not sure I got through to him. Though he agreed to what the Chief asked me to tell him, a few moments later he was talking about bringing her out of his apartments to work on her case with him so she could generate ideas. This is the same woman that he ran through with a sword and who places her only hopes in the Labyrinth saving her. Even she does not believe him, mind. Then he was asking if there should be a guard with her while he was out, even after I told him explicitly that. It seems to me that he will go along with it until he decides that it's wrong.

"I had an apprentice like that once, she would hear half of what you told her and agree to it but her mind was already racing onto something like that, she calmed down with age and is now a valuable member of the Adepts but yes Tane do not always listen...that is one of his problems. Now as for his prisoner I am not sure he realize how desperate someone who fear for her life, or in this case even worse their Avatar is, that woman will use every chance she get to try to get away...I know I would."
Cita said and frowned again.

When it comes to Beatrice, I told him that I was like a brother to her though she has..or had different feelings for me. At any rate, I tried to impress caution but I am not confident that he can be trusted with sensitive information, although I would like to be able to tell him what's really going on and to trust him. I just don't think we can afford to, unfortunately.

"I...agree Tane have the best of intentions and I think he would give two flying fucks about who Heylel Teomim was and who is reincarnation may be he would not be judgemental, however he might in his eagerness let slip information that it is best to keep close to the chest, not out of malice but out of a child like innocence."

"Well, let's go see Master Nassa and I'll sit in with Bee. Then...it seems you'll be having conversations with Mr Karyak and the Chief, I'll run my other errand and we can figure out what's going on with the -other- problems..."

"Sounds like a plan."
Cita said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:22 pm

"I think it is insane to have a nobility in the first place, let alone give them any power. One thing is electing leaders for their strength or their abilities but just for who their parents are that is just crazy to me, no offense to you British people."
Colin grinned, "None taken. I can see the use of a hereditary monarch as primarily a figurehead, and a source of... stability and continuity, I suppose, but heredity as the basis of government is worse than strange women lying in ponds and handing out swords."

"Well the Primi are not even elected they get Chosen by the leaders of their Traditions and approved by Master Porthos and then they sit on their seats until they die or step down, I have never heard of a Primus being removed from office...at least with sleeper politicians they you can kick out."
"Well, that system is rather similar to a representative republic or an oligarchy in many ways - not bad systems at the core, but vulnerable to their own sort of structural corruption... I like the idea of them needing Master Porthos' approval, though - I've heard of the man, and like what I hear. Very progressive for his age, I understand."

"Do my mother hate me, is that why she did it?"
Colin shook his head, "Oh, sweet child, no, I really don't believe so... But she joined the Nephandi, and was likely ordered to get you..."

"I would like to see my father yes...is he well Mr Wainwright, what if he is cold, or scared or hurt anywhere..."
"I don't think he is cold... but certainly scared, and possibly suffering a mild headache... but I'm afraid there's little to do about that until he goes on trial..."

"Do you think the kid will be ok Mr Wainwright? She still have a Mentor to care for her do she not?"
He nodded, "I think she will be fine. In twenty years, an old friend will comment on running into her on Horizon. She will be in good health."

Basement:
"Why would it necessarily require a new agreement? He was asked to observe and report on Beatrice; relaying what he saw during... that... would just be part of the report, would it not?"

"Well some Masters of...several Spheres actually might disagree with you but yes, treating addiction is far easier."
He grinned, "Well, everything is relative, I suppose... but I'm given to understand treating and curing have distinct and different meanings in medicine."

"That makes my head hurt..."
"You are beginning to sound like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and chuckled.
"Well parts of Horizon is lovely, I would love to show you around."
Colin grinned at Adley, and nodded to Cita, "I'd like that... Your shipyard in particular is on my list of sights to see."

"I will take that as a rather good sign."
"Possibly but do remember that Avatars do not always see the physical world like we do, and the interaction is not flawless, she might not always understand when something is dangerous, or might think a dangerous situation would be a good lesson for you...and when that is said, a Gilgul-happy anything especially a Nephandus is a terrifying concept."
He pondered, "I think... I think Mia would be more likely to take over the reins in a dangerous situation than to try to teach me a lesson - I would hypothesize she might not be able to perceive the world as I do, but she picks up on my stress levels and mental state."

"I agree with informing Jeffry that was the right move, and Master Steelhaven as your Deacon Primus should probably know yes. Narim is a good honorable man, but you should keep the number of people who know about your secret fairly low Mr Wainwright, it is not something you want to be spread around."
He nodded, "Only people I trust - and not even all of those."

"What experiments are you talking about Mr Wainwright?"
Colin grimaced, "We raided the apartment of a captured Nephandus... it turns out she'd caught a sweet widderslainte girl, quite similar to Beatrice, and force-fed her corruoted quintessence in the hopes of twisting her further toward darkness. It apparently didn't work, though, and we sent the girl to be incarcerated in her own chantry. That... last part didn't go entirely according to plan; apparently a complication showed up to rescue the girl. I don't have all the information on that, though. But, I believe the girl has a YouTube channel - Molly Does Opera or something of the sort. Sweet kid; very unfortunate situation..."

"Well, the stone rose you gave her is helping and I'd rather use something like that..."
"Yes we are going to have to wait until we hear back from Master Steelhaven about that."
He smiled thinly, "The stone rose helps? Good... but we might need all the help we can get, even if it's disgusting for us... So unless the law says no, I would recommend trying some tass from the well to soothe Beatrice... but only a dram, maybe two."

You are going to get a handful on your hands there Mr Wainwright and how will you explain where we got the two shards we will use to treat Beatrice from?"
Colin frowned, "I think I won't, actually. He's proven too sloppy to entrust with something like that, we can't risk him trying to do something rash with the shards."

"I tried talking with Mr Karyak about the prisoner and a few other matters, though I was fairly brief. I am not sure I got through to him. Though he agreed to what the Chief asked me to tell him, a few moments later he was talking about bringing her out of his apartments to work on her case with him so she could generate ideas. This is the same woman that he ran through with a sword and who places her only hopes in the Labyrinth saving her. Even she does not believe him, mind. Then he was asking if there should be a guard with her while he was out, even after I told him explicitly that. It seems to me that he will go along with it until he decides that it's wrong. When it comes to Beatrice, I told him that I was like a brother to her though she has..or had different feelings for me. At any rate, I tried to impress caution but I am not confident that he can be trusted with sensitive information, although I would like to be able to tell him what's really going on and to trust him. I just don't think we can afford to, unfortunately. I don't know what else to say, if you haven't spoken with him then you are, to quote Princess Leia, my only hope Obi Wan." He threw his hands up in a gesture of frustration. "Well, let's go see Master Nassa and I'll sit in with Bee. Then...it seems you'll be having conversations with Mr Karyak and the Chief, I'll run my other errand and we can figure out what's going on with the -other- problems..."
"I...agree Tane have the best of intentions and I think he would give two flying fucks about who Heylel Teomim was and who is reincarnation may be he would not be judgemental, however he might in his eagerness let slip information that it is best to keep close to the chest, not out of malice but out of a child like innocence."
"I had an apprentice like that once, she would hear half of what you told her and agree to it but her mind was already racing onto something like that, she calmed down with age and is now a valuable member of the Adepts but yes Tane do not always listen...that is one of his problems. Now as for his prisoner I am not sure he realize how desperate someone who fear for her life, or in this case even worse their Avatar is, that woman will use every chance she get to try to get away...I know I would."
"He will probably refuse to take a Geas though, but yes Tane have allot of potential but he also have allot of growing up to do, giving him a copy of the Protocols might be wise though, the question is if he will be willing to follow them."
"Perhaps a bit of a slap on the wrist can calm Tane down and show him there are some consequences to his actions, and yes we do not need any more trouble from that woman."
He soured slightly, "I don't suppose he had Coawa with him at his apartment? If not... I'll need to try to get him to come here. As for how much more information he'll be getting... He's actually proven that he can't be trusted to handle information rationally; as all the information on the matter is sensitive and can potentially get people hurt, we will have to keep him out of the loop for everyone's safety. And as far as a Geas is concerned... I don't see that we can afford to give him the choice. I'm not talking about something so severe as to separate him from his Avatar, but perhaps it would be possible to... put his Avatar back to sleep for a few days for certain infractions?"
He scratched his head, "That's part of what I need to confer with the Chief and Master Steelhaven about before I see mr. Karyak - it's an impressive clusterfuck he's managed to get us all into in such a short time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:40 am

"Clarissa is a, I think Progenitor Barabbus, she is a technomancer anyway, she the Labyrinth's best healer and tends to the Caul. I do not know to much about the Caul I...do not like to go near it those memories all those years trapped in..." Cadence fall quiet for some time. "I do not want to talk about the Caul..."

"Very well. What is Clarissa's surname, do you know? What about this plan of theirs, what do you know about their current activities?"

Later:

He smiled thinly, "The stone rose helps? Good... but we might need all the help we can get, even if it's disgusting for us... So unless the law says no, I would recommend trying some tass from the well to soothe Beatrice... but only a dram, maybe two."

"What about finding some tass with primordial essence, is that not what her original resonances are like? That might be good too and less potentially illegal."

He soured slightly, "I don't suppose he had Coawa with him at his apartment? If not... I'll need to try to get him to come here. As for how much more information he'll be getting... He's actually proven that he can't be trusted to handle information rationally; as all the information on the matter is sensitive and can potentially get people hurt, we will have to keep him out of the loop for everyone's safety. And as far as a Geas is concerned... I don't see that we can afford to give him the choice. I'm not talking about something so severe as to separate him from his Avatar, but perhaps it would be possible to... put his Avatar back to sleep for a few days for certain infractions?"

"No, he was there alone with Mrs Getwater. On my way I met Mrs Gottschalk and she assisted cleaning the girl up while we spoke. I don't see what the wereshark custos has to do with this, he hasn't caused any problems has he?" he asked. "I don't know how punishments will work on this man, it could make him more stubbornly resistant. And forcing a Geas on him or breaking interactions with his avatar might work opposite. But the Chief should have some ideas, he is good at figuring out punishments that teach and are fitting. At any rate, perhaps we should get things moving...I hate this feeling of not wanting to rush but needing to hurry..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:01 am

"What about finding some tass with primordial essence, is that not what her original resonances are like? That might be good too and less potentially illegal."
Colin shrugged, "That'll probably work, too, but I'm not sure it will be as effective..."

"No, he was there alone with Mrs Getwater. On my way I met Mrs Gottschalk and she assisted cleaning the girl up while we spoke. I don't see what the wereshark custos has to do with this, he hasn't caused any problems has he?" he asked. "I don't know how punishments will work on this man, it could make him more stubbornly resistant. And forcing a Geas on him or breaking interactions with his avatar might work opposite. But the Chief should have some ideas, he is good at figuring out punishments that teach and are fitting. At any rate, perhaps we should get things moving...I hate this feeling of not wanting to rush but needing to hurry..."
He shook his head, "No, Coawa is not a problem. In fact, he might be the solution. The two are brothers, albeit by adoption, and are very protective of one another. If mr. Karyak won't listen to reason... there's a good chance his brother will. If any one person can keep mr. Karyak in check and restrain him from doing rash and poorly thought out things, it's the wereshark. And it's true, such harsh punishments as a Geas might work contrary to what we wish to see - but if reason, even by wereshark proxy, does not work, we'll have to face reality; Tane may have to be ruthlessly punished for his poor judgment. The alternative... we're looking at guilt by association for the entire Cabal; we'd be forced to throw him out to protect ourselves, and that... is something I really don't want to do. And Chief Morgan is going to set fire to his desk when he hears about the trophies..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:12 am

He shook his head, "No, Coawa is not a problem. In fact, he might be the solution. The two are brothers, albeit by adoption, and are very protective of one another. If mr. Karyak won't listen to reason... there's a good chance his brother will. If any one person can keep mr. Karyak in check and restrain him from doing rash and poorly thought out things, it's the wereshark. And it's true, such harsh punishments as a Geas might work contrary to what we wish to see - but if reason, even by wereshark proxy, does not work, we'll have to face reality; Tane may have to be ruthlessly punished for his poor judgment. The alternative... we're looking at guilt by association for the entire Cabal; we'd be forced to throw him out to protect ourselves, and that... is something I really don't want to do. And Chief Morgan is going to set fire to his desk when he hears about the trophies..."

"Hm...well, perhaps he might help us but the custos does not have the understanding of our laws that a member of the chantry should. Still, it might help to speak with him, they are close its true." Then his brows drew together. "What trophies?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:14 am

Kitchen:

Colin grinned, "None taken. I can see the use of a hereditary monarch as primarily a figurehead, and a source of... stability and continuity, I suppose, but heredity as the basis of government is worse than strange women lying in ponds and handing out swords."

"I am not found of figureheads either but as long as they have no actual power I guess it is fine enough but when positions of power is inherited then while it can be a source of stability it also opens up for some hell of crazy leaders."
Ingmer muttered.

"Well, that system is rather similar to a representative republic or an oligarchy in many ways - not bad systems at the core, but vulnerable to their own sort of structural corruption... I like the idea of them needing Master Porthos' approval, though - I've heard of the man, and like what I hear. Very progressive for his age, I understand."

"Well yes Master Porthos is very progressive for his age and he have backed several good things, more rights for Orphans for example but he is also insane, he is a nearly omnipotent archmage that is a raving lunatic and that is dangerous beyond what I can describe. Also when it comes to the Nine, once they have their seat they no longer need Porthos' approval so he is only a safety valve before they get their position."

Colin shook his head, "Oh, sweet child, no, I really don't believe so... But she joined the Nephandi, and was likely ordered to get you..."

"I do not like the Nephandi they are mean!"
The tiny Hermetic declared her lower lip shaking a little though she tried not to cry.

"I don't think he is cold... but certainly scared, and possibly suffering a mild headache... but I'm afraid there's little to do about that until he goes on trial..."

"And most likely I will loose him as well..."
Liv said and looked sadly down.
"The best that can be hoped for in a trial is an execution..."

He nodded, "I think she will be fine. In twenty years, an old friend will comment on running into her on Horizon. She will be in good health."

"Good to hear, she is such a sweet little child and this can not be easy for her. I have a baby brother about that age and I can not imagine how he would be feeling if both of our parents where taken from us at once."

Basement:

He grinned, "Well, everything is relative, I suppose... but I'm given to understand treating and curing have distinct and different meanings in medicine."

"I am not practicing medicine I am a crazy woman that heal souls with my computer but yes I do see your point Mr Wainwright and that is that if Beatrice somehow get addicted to some form of medicine, that ben be deal with, her dying and her Avatar being lost in the process not so much."
Cita said and raised an eyebrow.

Colin grinned at Adley, and nodded to Cita, "I'd like that... Your shipyard in particular is on my list of sights to see."

"Ah yes that is magnificent. Tell you what I have invited Jeffry and his student to dinner to talk, while that dinner will be more of a private affair as I would like to get to know the students of my...boyfriend."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled happily and blushed.
"Why do you not come along when they go for that trip and I will show you around the day after?"

He pondered, "I think... I think Mia would be more likely to take over the reins in a dangerous situation than to try to teach me a lesson - I would hypothesize she might not be able to perceive the world as I do, but she picks up on my stress levels and mental state."

"Just remember they are alien in their mentality though your central shard might not be that aloof as a fully formed soul, even so she might have intentions you do not understand and also if you come to rely on her taking over and saving you she might decide to not do so to teach you a lesson."

He nodded, "Only people I trust - and not even all of those."

"Good."
Cita said and nodded.
"Very good."

Colin grimaced, "We raided the apartment of a captured Nephandus... it turns out she'd caught a sweet widderslainte girl, quite similar to Beatrice, and force-fed her corruoted quintessence in the hopes of twisting her further toward darkness. It apparently didn't work, though, and we sent the girl to be incarcerated in her own chantry. That... last part didn't go entirely according to plan; apparently a complication showed up to rescue the girl. I don't have all the information on that, though. But, I believe the girl has a YouTube channel - Molly Does Opera or something of the sort. Sweet kid; very unfortunate situation..."

"Well I am almost glad this girl did not end up inside of our justice system. Hum...so corrupted Quintessence did not corrupt the girl further for that was something I was hesitant about when it came to giving it to Beatrice, we want her Avatar to get lighter not darker. Anyway why would a Nephandus be experimenting on a widderslainte? That makes no sense..."
Cita asked and looked puzzled.

"Once I am convinced that it is safe and we hear back about the legality of it both for me and for her then I might try that yes."

Colin frowned, "I think I won't, actually. He's proven too sloppy to entrust with something like that, we can't risk him trying to do something rash with the shards."

"My point is this when he asks about the treatment Beatrice is getting and you do not answer him him asking around might raise questions that we do not want to have to answer."
Cita warned.

And as far as a Geas is concerned... I don't see that we can afford to give him the choice. I'm not talking about something so severe as to separate him from his Avatar, but perhaps it would be possible to... put his Avatar back to sleep for a few days for certain infractions?"

"Yeah a Geas that powerful would require a trial and is not easy to do, a normal binding oath usually takes the form of either a string of bad luck, pain or feeling compelled to do a certain thing if they are broken, more severe variations can lead to death. A Geas is anyway a serious thing though and usually a Cabal leader would not enforce once and off course he have the right to take the matter to a higher authority if he feel his treatment is unfair."

He scratched his head, "That's part of what I need to confer with the Chief and Master Steelhaven about before I see mr. Karyak - it's an impressive clusterfuck he's managed to get us all into in such a short time..."

"Well it is not illegal as such but not usual for a Cabal to enforce something as serious as a Geas. Tradition justice is circular and you can always go and complain a ruling to a higher court, however if your complaint are found unreasonable then a stricter punishment are usually given. For example let us say Jeffry give you kitchen duty for a month for some slight, you have the right to complain the matter before a Tribunal but if it was found that the punishment was sound then they might enforce a sterner punishment for wasting the Tribunal's time. However a Cabal leader giving out a Geas would not be seen as frivolous to complain before the Deacon Council or take to a Tribunal. It is usually the result of a sentence of strong censure."

"I have tried that and Bee indeed have a Primordial Essence and one's Essence do not change during a trip to the Caul, and it do help however Mr Wainwright thought that perhaps Tass even more aligned to her would work even better and that is a possibility."

And forcing a Geas on him or breaking interactions with his avatar might work opposite.

"Anything to do with his Avatar is off limit, a Geas usually will not do that,it is just a binding oath and the most common result of breaking one is a string of bad luck. Stronger Geases than that are usually something you are born with or something you take yourself during a spiritual journey rather than a punishment given."
Cita explained.

At any rate, perhaps we should get things moving...I hate this feeling of not wanting to rush but needing to hurry..."

"I agree we can discuss all of this if there is a Monday right now we do not have the time to stand around and talk, we have a plan gentlemen, I would say we get to it, for once we are done here I really do need to get back to my patients."
Cita said and nodded in agreement.

Colin shrugged, "That'll probably work, too, but I'm not sure it will be as effective..."

"It is effective but it is like putting a soothing balm on an amputated foot it just is not enough, getting a bit more aligned with corrupted Tass also will not be enough it might help her a little but it will not change her situation drastically."

He shook his head, "No, Coawa is not a problem. In fact, he might be the solution. The two are brothers, albeit by adoption, and are very protective of one another. If mr. Karyak won't listen to reason... there's a good chance his brother will. If any one person can keep mr. Karyak in check and restrain him from doing rash and poorly thought out things, it's the wereshark.

"They are actually brother though not in flesh, Mr Karyak Awakened seeing Coawa be born. My biggest concern is this, what would you do if you had a friend of...any supernatural society, and that friend did not follow the laws of that society, laws you might not agree with and someone asked you to try to make sure your friend followed their laws? Coawa might not be that understanding, at least speak with ehm...Miss Day first, she is somewhat of an expert on changing folk I hear, as her what a wereshark would be likely to do in such a situation."

Tane's apartment:

"Very well. What is Clarissa's surname, do you know? What about this plan of theirs, what do you know about their current activities?"

"Let me think...Beck...yes that is it Clarissa Beck. I know that Larson is trying to summon something big and dangerous but to do so they need to try to get the Caul stabilized by sacrificing a strong chonomancer, or at least that is what Larson think will work, Clarissa not so much but then again that is Larson's solution to anything, sacrifice someone...anyway there is this huge ritual planned for tomorrow and some thing it might eventually lead to us winning, I do not know that much about it though."
Cadence said and glanced at you for a moment still upset and shaking from talking about the Caul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 am

Kitchen:
"I am not found of figureheads either but as long as they have no actual power I guess it is fine enough but when positions of power is inherited then while it can be a source of stability it also opens up for some hell of crazy leaders."
Colin smiled thinly, "The purpose of a figurehead is to offer stability - that's why they're mounted on ships in the first place; the decoration came later."

"Well yes Master Porthos is very progressive for his age and he have backed several good things, more rights for Orphans for example but he is also insane, he is a nearly omnipotent archmage that is a raving lunatic and that is dangerous beyond what I can describe. Also when it comes to the Nine, once they have their seat they no longer need Porthos' approval so he is only a safety valve before they get their position."
"That does temper one's enthusiasm somewhat, yes..."

"I do not like the Nephandi they are mean!"
He sighed and nodded, "They are indeed... Very mean."

"The best that can be hoped for in a trial is an execution..."
He frowned, "Most likely, yes... Even with a good advocate."

"Good to hear, she is such a sweet little child and this can not be easy for her. I have a baby brother about that age and I can not imagine how he would be feeling if both of our parents where taken from us at once."
He nodded thoughtfully, "In your opinion, considering the duress mr. Bergen was under, does it seem at all possible that he could get away with Branding, or get a stay of execution as a mercy to his daughter? Not exoneration, but a delayed sentence, perhaps?"

Basement:
"Why do you not come along when they go for that trip and I will show you around the day after?"
Colin nodded, "That does sound lovely, but could we perhaps make that a double date, and I could bring my girlfriend as well? Not to seem intrusive, but I think Freddy - ah, miss Adelbloom might be a little upset if I don't bring her along for such an outing."

"Just remember they are alien in their mentality though your central shard might not be that aloof as a fully formed soul, even so she might have intentions you do not understand and also if you come to rely on her taking over and saving you she might decide to not do so to teach you a lesson."
He shook his head, "I'm not expecting her to take over. It's been by surprise both times, at points where I was essentially not functional already... and I've been out of fumes on other occasions, as well, so there's no reason for me to assume she'll intervene."

"Well I am almost glad this girl did not end up inside of our justice system. Hum...so corrupted Quintessence did not corrupt the girl further for that was something I was hesitant about when it came to giving it to Beatrice, we want her Avatar to get lighter not darker. Anyway why would a Nephandus be experimenting on a widderslainte? That makes no sense..."
"I'm not entirely certain of the full extent of the Nephandus' motivations in the matter, but the widderslainte is a Traditionalist who had gone undetected until the Nephandus spotted her on the street and abducted her... A closer investigation of the journals might reveal more; we haven't had the time to fully study those."

"My point is this when he asks about the treatment Beatrice is getting and you do not answer him him asking around might raise questions that we do not want to have to answer."
Colin's eyes darkened, "There is that... Worst case scenario, we have cells and handcuffs."

"Yeah a Geas that powerful would require a trial and is not easy to do, a normal binding oath usually takes the form of either a string of bad luck, pain or feeling compelled to do a certain thing if they are broken, more severe variations can lead to death. A Geas is anyway a serious thing though and usually a Cabal leader would not enforce once and off course he have the right to take the matter to a higher authority if he feel his treatment is unfair."
He frowned, "Well, that does answer some of the questions I had about a Geas..."

"They are actually brother though not in flesh, Mr Karyak Awakened seeing Coawa be born. My biggest concern is this, what would you do if you had a friend of...any supernatural society, and that friend did not follow the laws of that society, laws you might not agree with and someone asked you to try to make sure your friend followed their laws? Coawa might not be that understanding, at least speak with ehm...Miss Day first, she is somewhat of an expert on changing folk I hear, as her what a wereshark would be likely to do in such a situation."
He nodded, "I'm afraid Coawa would be more understanding, actually... At least concerning the issues of disobeying and overruling one's seniors, in the middle of a combat mission, no less... Hm, speak with miss Day, good idea."

"Hm...well, perhaps he might help us but the custos does not have the understanding of our laws that a member of the chantry should. Still, it might help to speak with him, they are close its true." Then his brows drew together. "What trophies?"
"Which is why I would need to explain to them both the Protocols and the seriousness of them... ah, that's something mr. Haagen, mr. Riez and miss Williams mentioned when I debriefed them - it seems mr. Karyak delayed their escape by harvesting mana from the Fallen. Hearts and hands, apparently. While mr. Haagen was concerned he was gathering quintessence, only recognizing mana as the Linear form of refined quintessence, I believe it to be the more akin to fetishes or totems; representations of the power those Fallen wielded in life, now in the possession of mr. Karyak. Those, too, will be addressed when I speak with Chief Morgan..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:40 am

Kitchen:

Colin smiled thinly, "The purpose of a figurehead is to offer stability - that's why they're mounted on ships in the first place; the decoration came later."

"Even so using a human being as such do not seam right to them, nor to the rest of us that are then told that we are only as valuable as our parentage."
Ingmar said and frowned.

"That does temper one's enthusiasm somewhat, yes..."

"Yes it do not don't it."
The Verbena said and gave a bit of a wry grin.

He sighed and nodded, "They are indeed... Very mean."

Liv nodded and looked down.
"When I get bigger I will be fighting them. But I do not like that my mother will get hurt, but if she is Nephandi now I guess she can not be saved."
She said softly with tears in her eyes.

He frowned, "Most likely, yes... Even with a good advocate."

Liv looked down and nodded sadly.
"My House assists House Guernicus. I have to trust in our laws but right now it is very hard Sir."

He nodded thoughtfully, "In your opinion, considering the duress mr. Bergen was under, does it seem at all possible that he could get away with Branding, or get a stay of execution as a mercy to his daughter? Not exoneration, but a delayed sentence, perhaps?"

Ingmar considered for a moment.
"As no one actually got hurt in Ulv's attacks, it is possible, not likely but possible. He might get Branding and imprisonment, ostracism or indentured servitude. However considering that he have worked with the Nephandi it can go worse than execution as well...but the most likely sentence is death."
He said softly and gave Liv and sympathetic look.

Basement:

Colin nodded, "That does sound lovely, but could we perhaps make that a double date, and I could bring my girlfriend as well? Not to seem intrusive, but I think Freddy - ah, miss Adelbloom might be a little upset if I don't bring her along for such an outing."

"Off course that should be no problem, you are welcome to bring Miss Adlebloom along, I should have room in the guest rooms in my apartment for both of you."
Cita said and smiled.

He shook his head, "I'm not expecting her to take over. It's been by surprise both times, at points where I was essentially not functional already... and I've been out of fumes on other occasions, as well, so there's no reason for me to assume she'll intervene."

"Well that is good but still be aware that if you are having more flashbacks now, they can come at inopportune moments and be very overwhelming. That is all I wanted to say."
Cita said and gave you a worried glance.

"I'm not entirely certain of the full extent of the Nephandus' motivations in the matter, but the widderslainte is a Traditionalist who had gone undetected until the Nephandus spotted her on the street and abducted her... A closer investigation of the journals might reveal more; we haven't had the time to fully study those."

"I see, well that will be interesting to read the rapport once those journals have been gone through properly then Mr Wainwright, but that is not the most important right now, we should get this coversation finished up so we can get our tasks done."
The spirit healer said.

Colin's eyes darkened, "There is that... Worst case scenario, we have cells and handcuffs."

"Steelhaven have basement rooms but only one cell, however I do see your point Mr Wainwright let us hope it do not come to that."

He frowned, "Well, that does answer some of the questions I had about a Geas..."

Cita nodded at that.

He nodded, "I'm afraid Coawa would be more understanding, actually... At least concerning the issues of disobeying and overruling one's seniors, in the middle of a combat mission, no less... Hm, speak with miss Day, good idea."

"Well I hope you are right and I wish you good luck with it Mr Wainwright as for Miss Day I think she is watching over the two vampires kept here in a form of protective custody."

"Which is why I would need to explain to them both the Protocols and the seriousness of them

"That might be wise yes."

ah, that's something mr. Haagen, mr. Riez and miss Williams mentioned when I debriefed them - it seems mr. Karyak delayed their escape by harvesting mana from the Fallen. Hearts and hands, apparently. While mr. Haagen was concerned he was gathering quintessence, only recognizing mana as the Linear form of refined quintessence, I believe it to be the more akin to fetishes or totems; representations of the power those Fallen wielded in life, now in the possession of mr. Karyak. Those, too, will be addressed when I speak with Chief Morgan..."

"Let me see if I got this right Mr Wainwright...Tane brought with him actual Nephandi body parts back to Steelhaven...Jeffry are going to be so bloody pleased over this, setting his desk on fire indeed."
Cita said with a deep sigh as he leaned her head against the palm of her hand.
"What the hell was he thinking that is like begging the Nephandi to use those parts as a functional link up to break though our firewalls."
She muttered.
"I think Jeffry needs to be informed about this rather shortly..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:54 pm

"Let me think...Beck...yes that is it Clarissa Beck. I know that Larson is trying to summon something big and dangerous but to do so they need to try to get the Caul stabilized by sacrificing a strong chonomancer, or at least that is what Larson think will work, Clarissa not so much but then again that is Larson's solution to anything, sacrifice someone...anyway there is this huge ritual planned for tomorrow and some thing it might eventually lead to us winning, I do not know that much about it though." Cadence said and glanced at you for a moment still upset and shaking from talking about the Caul.

"I see. Very well Mrs Getwater. You must have gone back and forth between the labyrinth quite a bit over the last few months. What did you tell them about us? And what do you do to get inside and back again."

Later:

ah, that's something mr. Haagen, mr. Riez and miss Williams mentioned when I debriefed them - it seems mr. Karyak delayed their escape by harvesting mana from the Fallen. Hearts and hands, apparently. While mr. Haagen was concerned he was gathering quintessence, only recognizing mana as the Linear form of refined quintessence, I believe it to be the more akin to fetishes or totems; representations of the power those Fallen wielded in life, now in the possession of mr. Karyak. Those, too, will be addressed when I speak with Chief Morgan..."

"Excuse me?" Adley stared at him. After all he'd heard, this was just about taking the cake. There was cultural competency and then there were security risks and this was falling square into the latter.

"What the hell was he thinking that is like begging the Nephandi to use those parts as a functional link up to break though our firewalls."
She muttered. "I think Jeffry needs to be informed about this rather shortly..."

"If you haven't told him yet, you need to tell him right now. Or someone does."
// still feeling pretty gross and spaced out but sleep is helping

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Tane's apartment:

"I see. Very well Mrs Getwater. You must have gone back and forth between the labyrinth quite a bit over the last few months. What did you tell them about us? And what do you do to get inside and back again."

"I told them there are five Chantries, member numbers and what I know about the other mages in the city...I lied about...Westchapel I did not want it attacked so I propped up the membership numbers and made it seam a less tempting target."
Cadence looked shameful then she sigh.
"I go to the workshop in the suburbia between Boston and Worcester, I take the train out to the suburban area and then use the portal there to get back to the Labyrinth..."

Later:

"Excuse me?" Adley stared at him. After all he'd heard, this was just about taking the cake. There was cultural competency and then there were security risks and this was falling square into the latter.

Cita gave you a somewhat tired look and shook her head over Tane's choice of souvenirs.

"I agree, if the Nephandi have discovered that their secondary site have been hit and have discovered what Tane is done then they might be using those link ups at this moment, it is what I would do if I where in their shoes."
Cita said.
"This urgently needs to be dealt with."

(OOC: I hope you get better soon, take care of yourself Strife...oh and somewhere a happy, content Nephandus is enjoying working magick will all of those arcane connections. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Who attacked you in such a way? Tane asked upon seeing her scars.I know the Garou, yes. he said, confused. Was she a mage or a Garou?
Yes my brother is a Wereshark. They need to talk? Can we help them?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Kitchen:
"Even so using a human being as such do not seam right to them, nor to the rest of us that are then told that we are only as valuable as our parentage."
Colin nodded, "With that, I'm inclined to agree. A better system, perhaps, would be if the person in such a position were to carefully select and groom his successor personally - to ensure heredity of philosophy rather than heredity of genetics. No matter, it's not for us to decide on the fates of monarchs... In extreme situations, that would fall to the Euthanatoi, I suppose."

"When I get bigger I will be fighting them. But I do not like that my mother will get hurt, but if she is Nephandi now I guess she can not be saved."
He smiled sadly, "Just remember this, Liv... even while you fight the Nephandi, you are allowed to mourn them. Like us, they have brave warriors, cunning artificers and even sweet little children - though their perspectives on what is the right way to treat other people are abhorrent. Mourn them for who they could have been if they'd fought by your side instead... but don't hesitate to end them."

"My House assists House Guernicus. I have to trust in our laws but right now it is very hard Sir."
He sighed, "Not all the laws are as good as they should be... sometimes, punishment ends up disproportionate to the crime. But without the laws, there'd be anarchy and dreadful chaos, so it's up to each of us to work toward making the laws the best they can be, to protect the innocent from those who would prey on them."

"As no one actually got hurt in Ulv's attacks, it is possible, not likely but possible. He might get Branding and imprisonment, ostracism or indentured servitude. However considering that he have worked with the Nephandi it can go worse than execution as well...but the most likely sentence is death."
He grimaced, "Strictly speaking, mr Gregario of the Mercere was rather badly emotionally traumatized, and mr. Bergen did suffer a nasty blow to his dignity, as well as a couple of quite painful blunt impacts to his skull, but aside from that, I suppose nobody were injured..."

Basement:
"Off course that should be no problem, you are welcome to bring Miss Adlebloom along, I should have room in the guest rooms in my apartment for both of you."
Colin grinned, "I'm sure I can keep Freddy on her best behaviour while there."

"Well that is good but still be aware that if you are having more flashbacks now, they can come at inopportune moments and be very overwhelming. That is all I wanted to say."
He nodded, "I'll make sure to keep you notified of further events."

"Let me see if I got this right Mr Wainwright...Tane brought with him actual Nephandi body parts back to Steelhaven...Jeffry are going to be so bloody pleased over this, setting his desk on fire indeed."
Cita said with a deep sigh as he leaned her head against the palm of her hand.
She muttered.
"I think Jeffry needs to be informed about this rather shortly..."
"I agree, if the Nephandi have discovered that their secondary site have been hit and have discovered what Tane is done then they might be using those link ups at this moment, it is what I would do if I where in their shoes."
Cita said.
"This urgently needs to be dealt with."
Colin blinked for a long moment and facepalmed, "Fuck, I really dropped the ball on that one. I wanted to calm my own anger about the whole bloody incident, so I delayed seeing the Chief about it right away. Bloody Hell, I'll run right up and deal with it - er, if you two could perhaps keep a little brainstorm going until I return, and fill me in on any other novel ideas, and I can explain my part to Master Nassa then?"
He took off running, already calling Morgan as he opened the door and made for the stairs, "Sir? Meet me at Karyak's apartment - security breach, top priority!"

((OOC: Ack, get well, dude! Also, yeah, Colin realizes he screwed the pooch, and will apologize to Morgan for that dangerous delay. He had a pretty damn good reason to slip up, though. Razz ))
((OOC2: So, ran the first part of a two-part D&D game today. The party found a cache of magical gear in lockers and lockboxes in the cellar of an artificer. Basically, they looted his temporary storage for unstable and broken items. Next Saturday, they'll likely try to attune to the gear; it will be GLORIOUS! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Tane:

Raven looked down on her arm.
"It was an accident I have strong Echos...it is a condition where things people believe about magick users are true, for me, it is salt, I got a bowl of popcorn spilled over me, it happens, I have a salve that helps, it helps with the Deaconess O'Conner's burns if she touch iron as well."
She said and shrugged.
"I suspect they are just curious about other shapechangers in Boston but they did ask me to talk to you about setting up a meeting. My Coven have a tentative alliance with the Garou, mostly involving leaving one another in peace, but since they live in the marches where we have our Life Tree we have to have some dialogue with them to avoid conflict."

Colin:

Kitchen:

Colin nodded, "With that, I'm inclined to agree. A better system, perhaps, would be if the person in such a position were to carefully select and groom his successor personally - to ensure heredity of philosophy rather than heredity of genetics. No matter, it's not for us to decide on the fates of monarchs... In extreme situations, that would fall to the Euthanatoi, I suppose."

"Well one would not always want the philosophy of one leader to be brought over to the next but I suppose it could give some stability."
Ingmar said and sigh.
"Yes I would suspect the Euthanatos have taken out a few kings through the years."
He said and grinned.

He smiled sadly, "Just remember this, Liv... even while you fight the Nephandi, you are allowed to mourn them. Like us, they have brave warriors, cunning artificers and even sweet little children - though their perspectives on what is the right way to treat other people are abhorrent. Mourn them for who they could have been if they'd fought by your side instead... but don't hesitate to end them."

"I will mourn my mother, no matter what she did to me, and I guess you are right Sir that in some ways the Nephandi are like us they just have different goals, but they have to be fought, they can not be allowed to corrupt and destroy the world."
Liv said and looked down at her small hands.
"I will miss my mother..."
She muttered.

He sighed, "Not all the laws are as good as they should be... sometimes, punishment ends up disproportionate to the crime. But without the laws, there'd be anarchy and dreadful chaos, so it's up to each of us to work toward making the laws the best they can be, to protect the innocent from those who would prey on them."

"My Mentor say that it is not for House Janissary to question the laws, we are there to assist House Guernicus in enforcing them, others will change the laws than need changing, but I know that our laws can be harsh at times Sir, I guess when they are there to govern mages they have to be so."
The young Hermetic muttered.

He grimaced, "Strictly speaking, mr Gregario of the Mercere was rather badly emotionally traumatized, and mr. Bergen did suffer a nasty blow to his dignity, as well as a couple of quite painful blunt impacts to his skull, but aside from that, I suppose nobody were injured..."

"I see Mr Gregario and his student make me easy to be around but if they have been hurt then that is horrible, poor people, as for Ulv, he thickheaded he will get over a few hits on his thick skull."
Ingmar said and shrugged.
"It should not be enough harm done to really affect his trial though."

Basement:

Colin grinned, "I'm sure I can keep Freddy on her best behaviour while there."

"Oh I am sure Miss Adlebloom will not cause any trouble, she seam to be to be a smart, kind young woman."
Cita said and smiled.

He nodded, "I'll make sure to keep you notified of further events."

"Good do that please."

Colin blinked for a long moment and facepalmed, "Fuck, I really dropped the ball on that one. I wanted to calm my own anger about the whole bloody incident, so I delayed seeing the Chief about it right away. Bloody Hell, I'll run right up and deal with it - er, if you two could perhaps keep a little brainstorm going until I return, and fill me in on any other novel ideas, and I can explain my part to Master Nassa then?"

"I and Mr Roth Hicks can surly find something to do, if nothing else we have individual tasks that needs doing Mr Wainwright, just hurry up and inform Jeffry about these Nephandi body parts before we end up in allot of hot water. I understand your reasons for delaying but I think it is important that he is told about this right away."
The spirit healer said and made a bit of a shooing motion with her hands towards you in the direction of the door.

He took off running, already calling Morgan as he opened the door and made for the stairs, "Sir? Meet me at Karyak's apartment - security breach, top priority!"

"I am on my way up..."
Jeffry say as he picks up the phone.
"How bad are we talking about?"
He asks as you sprint up the basement stairs and head for the first floor.
"I will meet you there."

(OOC: He had a good reason indeed. Still happy, happy Nephandi...well perhaps not the dead ones missing body parts and then disintegrated...they are not so happy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Ah, i understand. Better that way, then. Echoes are horrible, yeah, mine make my tatoos come to life, sometimes it gets awkward. he said, nodding

Garou don't get "curious". They had a war with all other Fera. Never really got a chance to fight with the weresharks since they never got toó much out of the land, but... Well, doesn't matter. In fact i wanted to talk to them toó, so no worries there. Would you like me to bring about a couple of other people toó? I could also being representatives of wererats and werespiders
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Kitchen:
"Well one would not always want the philosophy of one leader to be brought over to the next but I suppose it could give some stability."
Colin nodded, "It would still be imperfect, of course - human nature being what it is - but it would be better than, well, if you've heard of Charles the Second of Spain, you know what happens when preserving power in a bloodline will result in..."

"I will mourn my mother, no matter what she did to me, and I guess you are right Sir that in some ways the Nephandi are like us they just have different goals, but they have to be fought, they can not be allowed to corrupt and destroy the world."
Liv said and looked down at her small hands.
"I will miss my mother..."
She muttered.
He gently stroked Liv's hair, "You have a noble soul, child... Never let that go, whatever happens."

"My Mentor say that it is not for House Janissary to question the laws, we are there to assist House Guernicus in enforcing them, others will change the laws than need changing, but I know that our laws can be harsh at times Sir, I guess when they are there to govern mages they have to be so."
He smiled, "I respectfully suggest that it is indeed the place for House Janissary to question the laws you enforce - but there is a time and place for everything; never while on assignment, but if something seems to be wrong, it is necessary to question whether the laws were correctly applied in that instance after the fact. Some times, one might turn up case precedent that runs counter to a more recent ruling, thereby necessitating a change of sentence. There is a concept called loyal opposition, which is when you question the actions of your superiors to make sure those superiors are working at their best. Unquestioning obedience and unflinching agreement with your superiors will only lead to those superiors making mistakes, possibly fatal ones."

"It should not be enough harm done to really affect his trial though."
He nodded, "Let us see what pleading for mercy will accomplish... Likely not much, but we can't let that stop us from trying."

Basement:
"Oh I am sure Miss Adlebloom will not cause any trouble, she seam to be to be a smart, kind young woman."
Colin gave Cita a kind of dopey grin, "Yes, and remarkably headstrong at that. She's a very fine representative for the Virtual Adepts, I should think."

"I am on my way up..."
Jeffry say as he picks up the phone.
"How bad are we talking about?"
He asks as you sprint up the basement stairs and head for the first floor.
"I will meet you there."
Colin took the stairs two steps at a time, "Can't specify now; you'd melt both our phones. See you there."
Then he hung up and pocketed the phone again, skidding along the floor and up the next flight of stairs at a brisk sprint.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 am

Tane:

Ah, i understand. Better that way, then. Echoes are horrible, yeah, mine make my tatoos come to life, sometimes it gets awkward. he said, nodding

"Well it can be a problem and irritating at times...tattoos coming to life not that sounds interesting but like something you do not want to happen around Sleepers."
Raven said and nodded.

Garou don't get "curious". They had a war with all other Fera. Never really got a chance to fight with the weresharks since they never got toó much out of the land, but... Well, doesn't matter. In fact i wanted to talk to them toó, so no worries there.

"Hum...you ar worried they might want to hurt your friends?"
The Verbena asked and raised an eyebrow.
"All I said I would do is deliver the message it is up to you and your friends if you agree to meet with them or not."

Would you like me to bring about a couple of other people toó? I could also being representatives of wererats and werespiders

"I was only asked to deliver a message about the weresharks so I do not know, but I am sure they would not mind, however I think it is because it is rare for a group of weresharks to come this close to a city that they got curious."

Colin:

Kitchen:

Colin nodded, "It would still be imperfect, of course - human nature being what it is - but it would be better than, well, if you've heard of Charles the Second of Spain, you know what happens when preserving power in a bloodline will result in..."

"Yeah some Verbena have done that as well, been very concerned about their magickal bloodlines and there have been inbreeding but we have means to fix the issues with that of course but even so, not perfect indeed, very far from perfect."
Ingmar said and nodded.

He gently stroked Liv's hair, "You have a noble soul, child... Never let that go, whatever happens."

Liv looked at you not completely understanding what you meant.
"Thank you Sir."
She muttered.

He smiled, "I respectfully suggest that it is indeed the place for House Janissary to question the laws you enforce - but there is a time and place for everything; never while on assignment, but if something seems to be wrong, it is necessary to question whether the laws were correctly applied in that instance after the fact.

"Maybe Sir but I am just an apprentice I...my Mentor tells me that we uphold the laws and that is what we do, I do not know when it would be suitable for me to question them really."
The little girl said sounding a little bit confused.

Some times, one might turn up case precedent that runs counter to a more recent ruling, thereby necessitating a change of sentence. There is a concept called loyal opposition, which is when you question the actions of your superiors to make sure those superiors are working at their best. Unquestioning obedience and unflinching agreement with your superiors will only lead to those superiors making mistakes, possibly fatal ones."

"I guess one can question, but I am sorry Sir I do not really understand. House Guernicus are the ones that will be making the laws and we just help them enforce them."
Liv said looking even more confused.

He nodded, "Let us see what pleading for mercy will accomplish... Likely not much, but we can't let that stop us from trying."

"It is worth a shot for the little girl's sake."
Ingmar agreed.
"I would hate to see her loose both of her parents."

Basement:

Colin gave Cita a kind of dopey grin, "Yes, and remarkably headstrong at that. She's a very fine representative for the Virtual Adepts, I should think."

"She is, I do not know Miss Adlebloom well personally but I know her linage and it is a quite good one, she have been thought well."
Cita said and nodded.

Colin took the stairs two steps at a time, "Can't specify now; you'd melt both our phones. See you there."

"I see, I will meet you there then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and you could feel his frown over the phone.

Then he hung up and pocketed the phone again, skidding along the floor and up the next flight of stairs at a brisk sprint.

You get up the stairs you meet Jeffry half way, he is coming from the attic it seams.
"What have Mr Karyak done now?"
The old Hermetic asked as you got to the correct corridor filled with apartments, he did not look happy at the prospect of what you might have to say.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 am

Kitchen:
"I guess one can question, but I am sorry Sir I do not really understand. House Guernicus are the ones that will be making the laws and we just help them enforce them."
Colin smiled, "You will figure it out in time. Just keep in mind that laws, even when absolute, might not be perfect. They need to be looked at every now and then to make sure they work as intended."

"It is worth a shot for the little girl's sake."
Ingmar agreed.
"I would hate to see her loose both of her parents."
He nodded, "Especially in such short order..."

Hallway:
"What have Mr Karyak done now?"
Colin kept about a step's distance from Morgan and sighed, "He stalled the getaway for the rescue team... because he insisted on collecting what he called mana from the Nephandi corpses there. I don't think he meant the refined quintessence of Linear Magi, but more some sort of fetish or totem representing the Nephandi's power, now under mr. Karyak's control. He collected hands and hearts, it seems... If the Fallen have realized he has them here..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:24 am

Colin:

Kitchen:

Colin smiled, "You will figure it out in time. Just keep in mind that laws, even when absolute, might not be perfect. They need to be looked at every now and then to make sure they work as intended."

"I will keep what you have said in mind Sir, perhaps I will understand more when I am older and get to read all the books my Mentor say I can not read before I am an adult."
Liv said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "Especially in such short order..."

"Agreed and it is possible that the Tribunal will be willing to show mercy for the little girl's sake, it is not a big chance but it is a possibility."
Ingmar said.
"You better the the man a good advocate."

Hallway:

Colin kept about a step's distance from Morgan and sighed, "He stalled the getaway for the rescue team... because he insisted on collecting what he called mana from the Nephandi corpses there.

"Mr Karyak harvested Quintessence from dead Nephandi, the Resonance of that can not be good and it was not wise to delay the rescue team for that but what is the emergency?"
Jeffry asked looking puzzled.

I don't think he meant the refined quintessence of Linear Magi, but more some sort of fetish or totem representing the Nephandi's power, now under mr. Karyak's control. He collected hands and hearts, it seems... If the Fallen have realized he has them here..."

"You are telling me...Mr Karyak brought back Nephandi body parts...fuck..."
The old magus said and the temperature around him rose considerably.
"Get those...body parts Mr Wainwright immediately I have to see to our wards and strengthen them and check if anyone is using magick against us...bring the body parts to the basement once you have them and I will deal with them...fuck."
Jeffry ordered before he turned and run towards the basement and the ritual rooms so he could work on the wards without taking time for his usual politeness.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Kitchen:
"Agreed and it is possible that the Tribunal will be willing to show mercy for the little girl's sake, it is not a big chance but it is a possibility."
Ingmar said.
"You better the the man a good advocate."
Colin smiled, "I was hoping for Master Steelhaven, actually. If I can persuade him to do so, I can think of none better situated to plead for the Tribunal's leniency."

Hallway:
"You are telling me...Mr Karyak brought back Nephandi body parts...fuck..."
Colin nodded, "I wanted to calm my own temper before seeing you - ironically, to avoid a lapse in my own judgement. Therein lay my lapse in judgement."

"Get those...body parts Mr Wainwright immediately I have to see to our wards and strengthen them and check if anyone is using magick against us...bring the body parts to the basement once you have them and I will deal with them...fuck."
He gave Morgan a quick, not-quite-crisp salute and powered through the remaining distance to Tane's room.

Once there, he knocked firmly on Tane's door, "Mr. Karyak, Are you in there? It is urgent!"

((OOC: Copying the last line to Tane's thread.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Kitchen:

Colin smiled, "I was hoping for Master Steelhaven, actually. If I can persuade him to do so, I can think of none better situated to plead for the Tribunal's leniency."

"I guess that would depend on when our old Primus is planning on leaving for the Umbra to become a Postulant."
Ingmar said and looked down.
"I will miss him when he do, but yes there are few better I can think of if you are looking for an advocate."
He agreed.

Hallway:

Colin nodded, "I wanted to calm my own temper before seeing you - ironically, to avoid a lapse in my own judgement. Therein lay my lapse in judgement."

"We can discuss who is to blame for what later Mr Wainwright once we have dealt with the situation."
Jeffry said as he headed towards the stairs.
"Just get those body parts young man!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Exactly. I end up looking like a bradbury's story. he joked.

Nah, they wouldn't attack us without provocation, i suppose. But they are surely wanting something. If i'm lucky they want to join the hunt for nephandus and corrupted beings in general and we can agree on that.

It is true, they tend to avoid us since we contaminate the water, but they are protecting a site of power, that's the reason.

((He's with master Steelhaven, although all of you have his number if i remember correctly))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Tane:

Exactly. I end up looking like a bradbury's story. he joked.

"I am sure that looks charming but out among those who do not know about us I can see how it can become a problem and it might attract the ire of the Consensus."
Raven said with a small smile.

Nah, they wouldn't attack us without provocation, i suppose. But they are surely wanting something. If i'm lucky they want to join the hunt for nephandus and corrupted beings in general and we can agree on that.

"I would assume they have their own hunt going, like I said if I where to guess then their reason would be caused by the presence of a whole pack, or whatever they call themselves, of weresharks. I know that if a whole gaggle of Orphans where to suddenly settle down in Boston that would make us curious, I would not assume the werewolves to be any different, hopefully a peaceful meeting can be set up."

It is true, they tend to avoid us since we contaminate the water, but they are protecting a site of power, that's the reason.

"I see interesting, well I have never met one of their kind, I did not even know that such a thing as a wereshark existed."
Raven said.

Colin:

You do not see Tane open the door when you knock on it rather Hildegard stands there.
"Mr Wainwright...if you are looking for your Cabalmate he went to speak with Primus Steelhaven, I am watching over his prisoner for him in the meantime...may I help you?"
The old Chorister asked and looked at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:07 pm

"I agree, if the Nephandi have discovered that their secondary site have been hit and have discovered what Tane is done then they might be using those link ups at this moment, it is what I would do if I where in their shoes."  Cita said. "This urgently needs to be dealt with."
He took off running...!"
"I and Mr Roth Hicks can surly find something to do, if nothing else we have individual tasks that needs doing Mr Wainwright, just hurry up and inform Jeffry about these Nephandi body parts before we end up in allot of hot water. I understand your reasons for delaying but I think it is important that he is told about this right away."

Adley did not have anything else to add, once he saw Colin on the move he shook his head. Then he turned to Cita, trying to think what they should do in the meantime to help the situation. "What can we do to remedy this?" he asked, concerned.

//working on it

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next