Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 22 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Those memories was not easy to banish and they lingered at the edge of your mind like the tendrils of some dread monster wanting to devour you but at least you could push it aside as you got back to the Security office. You heard nothing from inside though Joakim seamed to know that you where there for he opened the door before you could knock. There where no sound from inside...the hedge wizard motioned you inside and gave you a concerned look. Once you was inside the office you could hear all sound inside of it normally.
Colin arched an eyebrow as he stepped through the barrier, "I left Thomas in Daniel's care... I think he'll be okay, and I expect he'll come to apologize in the morning... hum, if you meant to silence the room for confidentiality, you might want to be aware that Adley's voice rings true, though muffled by the door as one might otherwise expect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 22 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 pm

"I see, thank you Mr Wainwright that was probably a wise thing to do, the young Mercere will care for him."
Joakim said and nodded though he still looked a bit concerned he was relieved.
"Thank you I owe you one."
He said then he looked at Adley and gave a bit on an apologetic smile to his fellow Hermetic.
"Dammit I forgot about that, sorry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:06 pm

"Mr Wainwright mentioned that...I have to have someone check our own wards just to be sure. What you describe sound like a bane...that is not good, not good at all. The Nephandi in Boston have a powerful spirit summoner on their side then."
He said and frowned.

"Good idea, sir. And yes, not good."

Colin arched an eyebrow as he stepped through the barrier, "I left Thomas in Daniel's care... I think he'll be okay, and I expect he'll come to apologize in the morning... hum, if you meant to silence the room for confidentiality, you might want to be aware that Adley's voice rings true, though muffled by the door as one might otherwise expect.

"Colin welcome back," he said, then frowned. "Shit, even though the working?" He shuffled in his chair, brows furrowed.

He said then he looked at Adley and gave a bit on an apologetic smile to his fellow Hermetic. "Dammit I forgot about that, sorry."

"It should be me apologizing, I should have made sure to ask," he said and pulled out a notebook and pencil.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:17 pm

"Good idea, sir. And yes, not good."

"The idea is from Mr Wainwright, and yes I will be getting someone on that as soon as possible.

"It should be me apologizing, I should have made sure to ask," he said and pulled out a notebook and pencil.

"I am sorry about it young man I did not think your voice would carry though my working, I have been using it for centuries. my own master taught me that spell when I was an apprentice."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I am not sure if anything I know of how to do can dampen your voice then."

(OOC: Adley would make for a bad Assamite, well he would be a depressed Assamite but even if we ignore that issue Quietus might not be as quiet as it should be with him. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm

"I am sorry about it young man I did not think your voice would carry though my working, I have been using it for centuries. my own master taught me that spell when I was an apprentice."

He wrote out, 'This works, though it is slower. I have Echoes. I think that if someone else puts up an ars correspondence working that bent the sound back inside the room it might work, but I do not know for sure. I had thought that the wards here were sufficient until now since previously it was only my own workings it seemed to cut through.'

He showed the first message to Joakim and then said, "Well, let's see what we can get done here then," he said, shrugging and gesturing at the notebook.

// lol I think he would make for a bad vampire in general, but an especially poor Assamite xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:46 pm

He wrote out, 'This works, though it is slower. I have Echoes. I think that if someone else puts up an ars correspondence working that bent the sound back inside the room it might work, but I do not know for sure. I had thought that the wards here were sufficient until now since previously it was only my own workings it seemed to cut through.'

Joakim nodded.
"That would probably work, but I do not have to power to make up such a working on the go unfortunately. It could be that since my wards are hedge magick it have to work more in tune with the will of the universe and as such your Echos cut through, well writing do work."
Joakim said and nodded as he read your message.

He showed the first message to Joakim and then said, "Well, let's see what we can get done here then," he said, shrugging and gesturing at the notebook.

"Well first off all we are going to have to start to work out the details for our attack on the Labyrinth, as soon as Matty is dealt with...I do not want to give them much time to recover after their losses...I am considering sending two themes, one to go down to the damned place by the movie theater and one through the Umbra, though the second group might not be a good idea as the Fallen tend to do very well in the wast void of the unmanifested."
Joakim said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:02 pm

"I see, thank you Mr Wainwright that was probably a wise thing to do, the young Mercere will care for him."
Colin nodded, "What's more, I think I may have impressed upon him how lucky he was that it was me you were meeting with, and not someone... more senior and conservative. His impudence could likely well had led to demands for punitive action from someone more, hm, Traditional. I don't think he'll be likely to repeat the performance anytime soon."

"Thank you I owe you one."
He smiled, "I just might find the need to hold you to that one... I have a few favours I just might need in mind; specifically, a few things Linear Magic would be far more effective at... but let's discuss that later, perhaps over a better dinner at Steelhaven Hall next week, when we'll be throwing something of a celebratory feast. It would be an excellent opportunity to have an informal chat with other Magi, too."

"Colin welcome back," he said, then frowned. "Shit, even though the working?" He shuffled in his chair, brows furrowed.
"Dammit I forgot about that, sorry."
Colin nodded, "Your very neat little barrier blocks sound quite well, but Adley's voice cuts through, well... to put it this way, I'd like to see the expression of someone trying to magically silence him."

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, this would be an excellent opportunity to test something, if you gentlemen don't mind?"
He carefully pulled out his Chaos wand and twirled it in his hand a few times.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Colin nodded, "What's more, I think I may have impressed upon him how lucky he was that it was me you were meeting with, and not someone... more senior and conservative. His impudence could likely well had led to demands for punitive action from someone more, hm, Traditional. I don't think he'll be likely to repeat the performance anytime soon."

"Yes it would be bad if Thomas had insulted someone who would demand punitive actions, though since he is not yet initiated the one punished would be me, and that would be better than if I would have had to harm the kid."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Thank you again Mr Wainwright or taking care of the boy."

He smiled, "I just might find the need to hold you to that one... I have a few favours I just might need in mind; specifically, a few things Linear Magic would be far more effective at... but let's discuss that later, perhaps over a better dinner at Steelhaven Hall next week, when we'll be throwing something of a celebratory feast. It would be an excellent opportunity to have an informal chat with other Magi, too."

"If I can get someone to fill in for me for a few hours I will come to this celebration and thank you for thinking of me, and when you know what you need let me know and I will return that favor, it do relieve me greatly to know that Thomas is safe for the evening, Daniel will not let him harm himself and besides he always seam calmer with that Mercere boy around."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

Colin nodded, "Your very neat little barrier blocks sound quite well, but Adley's voice cuts through, well... to put it this way, I'd like to see the expression of someone trying to magically silence him."

"Ah yes, we Echos can be bothersome, my kind to get those issues, though not as often as Awakened magi do."
He said then he grinned.
"Yes that might be amusing.

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, this would be an excellent opportunity to test something, if you gentlemen don't mind?"

"As long as you do not plan on brining the Chantry down around our ears Mr Wainwright then please be my guest."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:56 pm

"Yes it would be bad if Thomas had insulted someone who would demand punitive actions, though since he is not yet initiated the one punished would be me, and that would be better than if I would have had to harm the kid."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Thank you again Mr Wainwright or taking care of the boy."
Colin nodded, "His heart is in the right place - his head could do with a little work, though."

"If I can get someone to fill in for me for a few hours I will come to this celebration and thank you for thinking of me, and when you know what you need let me know and I will return that favor, it do relieve me greatly to know that Thomas is safe for the evening, Daniel will not let him harm himself and besides he always seam calmer with that Mercere boy around."
He winked and tapped the side of his nose, "I am sure you make some arrangements for an informal event."

"As long as you do not plan on brining the Chantry down around our ears Mr Wainwright then please be my guest."
Colin nodded and started working his Scrambler, to layer it on top of Joakim's sound barrier.

((OOC: Do I need to roll for this one, or will I just make it? Hardly a stressed situation, after all...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Colin nodded, "His heart is in the right place - his head could do with a little work, though."

"Thomas is a good kid, but after what he have been through...I will forgive him an outburst or two, it is not like my other apprentices always was level headed at that age, and for far less understandable reasons, I will discuss the matter with him in the morning if he feels better."
Joakim said and nodded.

He winked and tapped the side of his nose, "I am sure you make some arrangements for an informal event."

"I probably can yes Mr Wainwright..."

Colin nodded and started working his Scrambler, to layer it on top of Joakim's sound barrier.

It felt a bit strange to put that barrier there and feeling the linear magic in place but it seamed that your rote worked well and came into being.
"May I ask what you are going Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim asked and glanced at the Orphan.

(OOC: No it is ok it is a minor thing anyway.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:51 pm

"May I ask what you are going Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim asked and glanced at the Orphan.
Colin smiled, "A small experiment... Adley, if you wouldn't mind saying a few coherent sentences while I step outside, and I'll see if the sound remains clear... My rote scrambles a Mage's resonance; it would be interesting and useful to know if that extends to Echoes to a similar extent..."
He pocketed the wand and stepped right outside the office again, listening intently for the disappearance of Joakim's voice, breathing, all the little electrical hums of the office machinery, and so on...

((OOC: Yay. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:39 am

"We will?" he looked at him and then shook his head, baffled.

"That would probably work, but I do not have to power to make up such a working on the go unfortunately. It could be that since my wards are hedge magick it have to work more in tune with the will of the universe and as such your Echos cut through, well writing do work."

He shrugged, spread his hands and dropped the back onto the notebook, with a sigh. "Could be."

He looked curious about that and then shook his head. It wasn't a surprise, he supposed that his Echoes would change - increase if he had more resonance, or improved understanding. It was just he hadn't known, and it bothered him he hadn't.

"Well first off all we are going to have to start to work out the details for our attack on the Labyrinth, as soon as Matty is dealt with...I do not want to give them much time to recover after their losses...I am considering sending two themes, one to go down to the damned place by the movie theater and one through the Umbra, though the second group might not be a good idea as the Fallen tend to do very well in the wast void of the unmanifested."

He nodded at that, looking concerned as he thought over what he said.

He eyed the wand speculatively and then looked at his friend. "I have no objections." He watched as his friend put together his rote, more carefully now that they weren't on the run and he'd seen and heard it a few times.

Colin smiled, "A small experiment... Adley, if you wouldn't mind saying a few coherent sentences while I step outside, and I'll see if the sound remains clear... My rote scrambles a Mage's resonance; it would be interesting and useful to know if that extends to Echoes to a similar extent..."

"Certainly," he agreed. He waited until he was outside and then started to speak again, as he had been before. Though this time he was more careful of the content of what he said. "At the risk of sounding cliché, can you hear me now?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:24 am

Joakim raised an eyebrow at that but then he nodded, it would be an interesting experiment.

He shrugged, spread his hands and dropped the back onto the notebook, with a sigh. "Could be."

"Again I am terribly sorry about the inconvenience."

He eyed the wand speculatively and then looked at his friend. "I have no objections." He watched as his friend put together his rote, more carefully now that they weren't on the run and he'd seen and heard it a few times.

You made some sense of it, not the part that would be covered by the Sphere of Entropy though, that was beyond your ken, but how it was done. Colin based allot of his workings of the idea fantasy had of Hermetic magick, meaning it was like if you had a recepie for some dish, and then it had been published in a ladies magazine, gone the rounds online with the changes that came with that, and finally it made it's way back to you, changed and bastardized yes but you could still tell it was the same dish, it was the same with the Orphan's magick.

"Certainly," he agreed. He waited until he was outside and then started to speak again, as he had been before. Though this time he was more careful of the content of what he said. "At the risk of sounding cliché, can you hear me now?"

He pocketed the wand and stepped right outside the office again, listening intently for the disappearance of Joakim's voice, breathing, all the little electrical hums of the office machinery, and so on...

The office machinery consisted of a lamp and a radiator but no, you did not hear Adley speak as you stand outside listening, there was complete silence from inside of Joakim's office, the Echoes not making it past the barriers of your rote.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:06 am

"We will?" he looked at him and then shook his head, baffled.
Colin nodded, "Chief Morgan agreed on it. If we make it through the weekend, we deserve as much - and it's a great excuse to get away for a few minutes to talk shop, if so desired, away from such an event as the Great Flambeau Blast where the whole House is watching and listening..."

The office machinery consisted of a lamp and a radiator but no, you did not hear Adley speak as you stand outside listening, there was complete silence from inside of Joakim's office, the Echoes not making it past the barriers of your rote.
He carefully watched Adley's face for a few moments, then grinned and stepped back inside, closing the door, "I think that's a... well, not a resounding success; more like the opposite sort of success. I didn't hear a thing, and I'm going to assume you weren't just making guppy impersonations."
He glanced around, "Best not assume it did it all on its own, though; I'd expected garbled sound, not silence - it may have piggybacked on the preceding sound ward. At least the office should be pretty hard to spy on for a while."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:50 am

Colin nodded, "Chief Morgan agreed on it. If we make it through the weekend, we deserve as much - and it's a great excuse to get away for a few minutes to talk shop, if so desired, away from such an event as the Great Flambeau Blast where the whole House is watching and listening..."

"Well I do think it is a good idea Mr Wainwright, it might be good to have a chance to blow of some steam. However if we survive a few days should be allowed to pass for rest first, and if we do not survive well, we can have a party in the afterlife, providing there will be one if the Fallen wins."
Joakim said and frowned.

He carefully watched Adley's face for a few moments, then grinned and stepped back inside, closing the door, "I think that's a... well, not a resounding success; more like the opposite sort of success. I didn't hear a thing, and I'm going to assume you weren't just making guppy impersonations."
He glanced around, "Best not assume it did it all on its own, though; I'd expected garbled sound, not silence - it may have piggybacked on the preceding sound ward. At least the office should be pretty hard to spy on for a while."

"Well as long as it works Mr Wainwright then i will not be the one to complain that it do, your spell might have interacted with mine, that can happen even if yours is Dynamic and mine Static. In either case we can talk in privacy now so thank you."
The hedge wizard said and gave you an acknowledging nod of his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:25 am

"Well I do think it is a good idea Mr Wainwright, it might be good to have a chance to blow of some steam. However if we survive a few days should be allowed to pass for rest first, and if we do not survive well, we can have a party in the afterlife, providing there will be one if the Fallen wins."

He looked at them both and didn't want to add to what the Cheif had said. That there might be funeral pyres. That there would be mourning. That people would be hurt or tired or scared. And who knew what the chantry might be like...to throw a party in, but he understood that others might want a celebration. He looked at the Chief and then suddenly gave him a grin. "As a wise Spartan once said, 'If...''"

"Again I am terribly sorry about the inconvenience."

"Sir, you take my words right out of my mouth." Really, he should be the one apologizing, it was his issue...not the man's wards. They were perfectly fine, under normal circumstances. Though he was having trouble finding what those were, any longer. The goal posts kept moving, taking him right along with them. As it was, his apology just made him faintly self-conscious.

"Well as long as it works Mr Wainwright then i will not be the one to complain that it do, your spell might have interacted with mine, that can happen even if yours is Dynamic and mine Static. In either case we can talk in privacy now so thank you."
The hedge wizard said and gave you an acknowledging nod of his head.

"Interesting...well, that's useful to know. Thank you amicus. And good, now we can talk, or I can anyway without as much concern of being overheard accidently. So, where should we begin..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:23 am

He looked at the Chief and then suddenly gave him a grin. "As a wise Spartan once said, 'If...''

"If...that is the word of the hour is it not..."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I hope we get through this with all of our friends and loved ones alive...I hope we get through this at all but...there is still the if..."
He muttered softly.

"Sir, you take my words right out of my mouth." Really, he should be the one apologizing, it was his issue...not the man's wards. They were perfectly fine, under normal circumstances. Though he was having trouble finding what those were, any longer. The goal posts kept moving, taking him right along with them. As it was, his apology just made him faintly self-conscious.

"Well we all have our issues..."
The old hedge wizard said and sat down with a sigh.
"Let us focus on the matter at hand then."
He said eager to move on as he saw he was making you uncomfortable.

"Interesting...well, that's useful to know. Thank you amicus. And good, now we can talk, or I can anyway without as much concern of being overheard accidently. So, where should we begin..."

"We need to sum up what we know about this damnable Labyrinth, decide how and when to attack it and how to set up the strike teams for the assault on the Labyrinth, so let us start with going though what we know..."
Joakim suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 am

"As a wise Spartan once said, 'If...''"
"If...that is the word of the hour is it not..."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I hope we get through this with all of our friends and loved ones alive...I hope we get through this at all but...there is still the if..."
Colin frowned, "To quote Nick Fury, 'Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.' This is one of those cases where preparing for what to do if we fail is irrelevant in the first place, and I very much intend to be alive and moving next week... so there will be a meal next week; whether purely celebratory, or in sober reminiscence of those who did not make it. Whatever might happen, failing to stop the Nephandi is not an alternative."

"We need to sum up what we know about this damnable Labyrinth, decide how and when to attack it and how to set up the strike teams for the assault on the Labyrinth, so let us start with going though what we know..."
"Quite; a functional barrier is good, but planning is better... Now, I do believe I can find my way down there fairly accurately, thanks to the maps and descriptions provided, and I'm having our best and brightest tracking the Kyasid in Boston... er, that's the Fey-blooded vampire we... er, not important to the Chicago situation. Adley, you had some thoughts and ideas, didn't you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Colin frowned, "To quote Nick Fury, 'Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.'

"This is clearly a wise man but yes I agree we can not assume we will lose, but rather assume we will be here to celebrate next week...though there is a chance we will be grieving the loss of loved ones at the same time."

This is one of those cases where preparing for what to do if we fail is irrelevant in the first place, and I very much intend to be alive and moving next week... so there will be a meal next week; whether purely celebratory, or in sober reminiscence of those who did not make it. Whatever might happen, failing to stop the Nephandi is not an alternative."

"Well said Mr Wainwright, well said."
Joakim said and inclined his head towards you.
"I will bring a couple of bottles of aged wine."

"Quite; a functional barrier is good, but planning is better... Now, I do believe I can find my way down there fairly accurately, thanks to the maps and descriptions provided, and I'm having our best and brightest tracking the Kyasid in Boston... er, that's the Fey-blooded vampire we... er, not important to the Chicago situation.

"How will finding this fay blooded vampire help us?"
Joakim asked and raised and eyebrow.
"You think you can find your way in the Labyrinth? Hum...we should have as acuate maps as possible drawn up so each group knows where to go..."
He muttered and made a note about that in his leather notebook.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 am

"This is clearly a wise man but yes I agree we can not assume we will lose, but rather assume we will be here to celebrate next week...though there is a chance we will be grieving the loss of loved ones at the same time."
Colin grinned, "Almost a pity he is fictional - though I suspect he would have been a Union man if he were real... Probably personally less concerned with their pogrom than with keeping the Earth still spinning, though."

"Well said Mr Wainwright, well said."
Joakim said and inclined his head towards you.
"I will bring a couple of bottles of aged wine."
He nodded, "That will be nice."

Colin scratched his cheek, "I will be told he'll have been able to help us navigate the Boston Labyrinth. It's sort of complicated."

"You think you can find your way in the Labyrinth? Hum...we should have as acuate maps as possible drawn up so each group knows where to go..."
"I believe Anna's maps are quite accurate, if not precisely to scale - combining that with the information from mr. Silverberg regarding head counts and entryways, and we've got a pretty solid picture of the layout of the place, excepting the fluctuating heart of the damnable thing... And we have several copies of Anna's maps."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am

Colin grinned, "Almost a pity he is fictional - though I suspect he would have been a Union man if he were real... Probably personally less concerned with their pogrom than with keeping the Earth still spinning, though."

"Hum...it seams I do not know of the fictional character you are referring to Mr Wainwright...his potential Faction allegiance if he had he been real are probably a better topic for when we are not planning what to do with an infestation of very real Nephandi ehm?"
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "That will be nice."

The old hedge wizard gave you a bit of a smile and nodded.

Colin scratched his cheek, "I will be told he'll have been able to help us navigate the Boston Labyrinth. It's sort of complicated."

"You will be? Ah your visions then Mr Wainwright I hope you do find him then, it is a shame he can not help us with our Labyrinth problems as well."
Joakim said and gave you a bit of a look.

"I believe Anna's maps are quite accurate, if not precisely to scale - combining that with the information from mr. Silverberg regarding head counts and entryways, and we've got a pretty solid picture of the layout of the place, excepting the fluctuating heart of the damnable thing... And we have several copies of Anna's maps."

"Very well then if you add the information we got from Mr Silverberg to Anna's maps then I will make sure the strike team gets them once I have picked out who go where...the question then are if we are going to attack the labyrinth just from the physical side or if we should also go in through the Umbra...providing we can break their wards."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 pm

"Hum...it seams I do not know of the fictional character you are referring to Mr Wainwright...his potential Faction allegiance if he had he been real are probably a better topic for when we are not planning what to do with an infestation of very real Nephandi ehm?"
Colin chuckled, "Very much so."

"You will be? Ah your visions then Mr Wainwright I hope you do find him then, it is a shame he can not help us with our Labyrinth problems as well."
"Alas, I'm afraid I won't be able to reach him until I get back."

"Very well then if you add the information we got from Mr Silverberg to Anna's maps then I will make sure the strike team gets them once I have picked out who go where...the question then are if we are going to attack the labyrinth just from the physical side or if we should also go in through the Umbra...providing we can break their wards."
He nodded, "That I can do - I believe I left the stack of copies with you? before I left? If you have them here, I can annotate them quickly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 pm

"Alas, I'm afraid I won't be able to reach him until I get back."

"What a shame, well then we will work with what we have, and it is not like I am to happy to work with vampires in any case."
Joakim said and nodded.
"But for the situation we are currently in I will take whatever help I can get."

He nodded, "That I can do - I believe I left the stack of copies with you? before I left? If you have them here, I can annotate them quickly."

Joakim nodded he looked around his cluttered desk for a moment then handed you the stack of crudly drawn maps.
"Yes I have them here."

(OOC: Then I am going to the train to go back home to Sotra. If the wifi on the train works today then I should be able to get a post or two in, but it do not always do that so if not then I will reply when I get home. I have an early apointment tomorrow but I will post when I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Colin frowned, "To quote Nick Fury, 'Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.' This is one of those cases where preparing for what to do if we fail is irrelevant in the first place, and I very much intend to be alive and moving next week... so there will be a meal next week; whether purely celebratory, or in sober reminiscence of those who did not make it. Whatever might happen, failing to stop the Nephandi is not an alternative."

"Agreed."

"Very well, we have a few different sources of intelligence."

Now, I do believe I can find my way down there fairly accurately, thanks to the maps and descriptions provided, and I'm having our best and brightest tracking the Kyasid in Boston... er, that's the Fey-blooded vampire we... er, not important to the Chicago situation. Adley, you had some thoughts and ideas, didn't you?"

"Kyasid? Ah...is that the vampire's name?"

"I see..." he frowned. Then he nodded. "Well, we know the caul had a 'back door' built by Ellen's sire for the pawns to use to tend the caul. The backdoor entry was heavily trapped and one step can kill you or worse, which I wonder is why they got their Hagalaz." He ticked off on his finger. "We also know the location of that entry and the old safe path to use as well as the way to access the hidden door. However there is a good chance that things may have changed. So we need to find a way to deal with the traps if we use that way." We also know that the Labyrinth was originally set up with five sets of rooms with ten doors that rotated around the caul as the central chamber.  Ellen told us they were building a new labyrinth at the time of the raid, the current one one assumes. Her security person at the time was Denise and was Abigail's other apprentice. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes, a sharp nose and was tall.

"We know that Abigail wants her apprentice Martha back and we know that she was pregnant at the time of the raid. I speculate that she used this child for the new caul but that is at this point that is only a guess.  We also know that they were having some issues with their wards this evening, though we don't know if that is still the case or what was the cause. We know that the labyrinth is protected by spirits...and that the old labyrinth was made out of a stone that prevented Ellen from using her abilities. Let me think..." he said, and closed his eyes a moment, picking back over the information he'd gotten.

// have a safe trip!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 pm

"Very well, we have a few different sources of intelligence."

"We do indeed have several sources of intligence Mr Roth Hicks which is why we need to complile it so we can come up with a plan that might just leave us all alive."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Kyasid? Ah...is that the vampire's name?"

"Kiasyd sound more like an order or group than a induvidual's name if you ask me young man, but I might be wrong."
He said and sigh.
"However if we can not get into contact with the being before the attack on the Labyrinth it is not that important at the moment."

"I see..." he frowned. Then he nodded. "Well, we know the caul had a 'back door' built by Ellen's sire for the pawns to use to tend the caul. The backdoor entry was heavily trapped and one step can kill you or worse, which I wonder is why they got their Hagalaz."

"Ah yes the Hagalaz woman, the trapped corridor might be the reason why they recruited her indeed, the question is if we can find a way to navigate it safely so we can get to the Caul to destroy it, preferaply before Abigail can mobilize her defenses."
Joakim said then he sigh.

He ticked off on his finger. "We also know the location of that entry and the old safe path to use as well as the way to access the hidden door. However there is a good chance that things may have changed. So we need to find a way to deal with the traps if we use that way."

"It is likely to have changed since the Nosferatu girl was there. I for sure would not have left such traps the same for seventy plus years, perhaps someone skilled at taking down spells and enchantments might help, and someone who know how to affect chance to get physical traps to malfuction might be the way to go."
He said as he looked thoughtful.
"It will be a dangerous path in either case and if we are taking it we will need a distraction to keep the Nephandi busy while we sneak up on their Caul as they are likely to drop everything to defend it if they know it is in danger."

We also know that the Labyrinth was originally set up with five sets of rooms with ten doors that rotated around the caul as the central chamber. Ellen told us they were building a new labyrinth at the time of the raid, the current one one assumes. Her security person at the time was Denise and was Abigail's other apprentice. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes, a sharp nose and was tall.

"Hum...yes it is likely this current Laberinth is the one they where building seventhy years ago, that would make sense. Denise you say, well hum...I think Mr Silverberg mentioned someone by that name, though who knows if she still lives."

"We have been told that Abigail love her apprentices...we know of three so far then, Martha Cunningham, Jodelle Jerkins and now this Denise...if she want Martha back do you think there is any chance we can use that to our advantage and have Miss Cunningham been interrogated?"
Joakim asked then he sigh.

"We know that Abigail wants her apprentice Martha back and we know that she was pregnant at the time of the raid. I speculate that she used this child for the new caul but that is at this point that is only a guess.

"I see, the Caul was likely created by a human sacrefice, one done by Abigail of her own infant, that is disturbing and perhaps that mean we can use an arcane connection between them in some way, but we need to get into the damned place first."

We also know that they were having some issues with their wards this evening, though we don't know if that is still the case or what was the cause. We know that the labyrinth is protected by spirits...and that the old labyrinth was made out of a stone that prevented Ellen from using her abilities. Let me think..." he said, and closed his eyes a moment, picking back over the information he'd gotten.

"Problems with their wards now...well that we might use if they have not fixed the issue though I would like to know more about that...I do not like to suggjest it but perhaps Matty once her...soul have been dealt with should be brought back alive for interogating, we might be able to reach her enough to ask questions, though the mercyful thing would be to let her die once the Masters of Spirit are done with their work, unfortunatly we are at war and when at war sometimes cruelty are neccesary, and if we can get the young woman to talk we might get some updated information on the Labyrinth."
He said and frowned.

Well as for these stones...hum...I am not sure what material they could be, something enchanted probably...or something infused with Primium, it could complicate matters for us at least and I do not like to have more complications right now."
The hedge wizards said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next