Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 22 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 pm

"Thank you Sodalis."
Crexia said and she did a few simple gestures of her hands and nodded, then she fished a small wax tablet out of her pocket and begun to reply to some of your and Colin's points in a firm elegant hand.

'Anyone have a slingshot?' he wrote and then handed to Colin, thinking to himself.

"I do not think anyone have such a tool with them but several of us can manufacture one and I am pretty sure Miss Dane can use it."

He nodded, sighing, and scrawled back, 'I fear our best shot is to hope that Abigail doesn't believe all is lost before we get there. However, it's entirely possible the portal itself is open and stable, and rigged to violently destabilize on command. Either way, we've got the information needed to stop the damnable thing.'

"The woman have lost most of her Masters, and her Labyrinth Keeper her one best resource at the moment is Miss Carlyle, if she know what is going on she will know that it do not look good for the Labyrinth. As for whatever the portal is open and controlled or will open from the fail safe our course of action should be the same, to disable it, the question is if we can trust Cotta's fail safe to do that."

Adley scrawled out a note and handed it to Colin with a rather pinched expression on his face. 'We can get this fail safe. But how do we stop them from triggering this trap before we can get there to throw it in? For if that portal is already opened before we can do so, we will all be in deep shit already.'

"That is a big danger, and if we draw close to the Node and Abigail feel we are getting to close to winning she might decide it is better to go down swinging and activate her trap, the way I see it our only hope is to move quickly either there or be able to disable the portal at a distance."

Crexia handed the small, well used tablet to you, two simple wood frames held together with two straps of leather on the top and bottom nailed to the wood with brass tacks and a leather ribbon to tie it shut with when not in use, her words written into white, slightly yellowish wax.
"Please send it to your Cabalmate when you are done reading."
She said politely. The rest of the group of magi looked a bit uneasy at the three of you passing notes between yourselves, none said anything though, not yet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 22 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Chicago, Now:
"Is the relationship issues of my apprentices less important the the potential destruction of this city, possibly also the entire world...yes my good man it is, it is personally important to me, but without a world their issues do not really matter much."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin grinned, "Misunderstand me correctly - saving the world is pretty damn important, and certainly the most urgent, and this may be the hopeless romantic in me speaking, but the love of two people is rather more important than the world, in its way. But without the world to contain that love, well..."

Boston, November:
"That would be cool, but yeah mostly I just want to earn the money I am to buy a gift for the girl I like for, I mean that do feel more right."
Kyle said and smiled.
"But yes it is a good job and if I get some ideas and knowledge as a bonus I will take it."
He grinned and shook Kyle's hand, "We have an accord... and keep the advance."

"Like when Gabriel died...only stronger...that would be bad."
Anna muttered sadly.
"I miss him you know, he was a dick to everyone else but my first Mentor was always kind to me, but even so I can not really imagine it would be that easy I can live without my first Mentor I can not imagine not having magick for the rest of my life, when I look around and see no colors like now."
She muttered and pouted.
He nodded, "I suppose it... might be possible to acquire a new Avatar, theoretically speaking, but it would probably not be an easy thing. And that's assuming you'd be willing and able to stick it out to go seeking one. But, living without magic entirely would most certainly not be necessary - if necessary, I'll learn the necessary artifice to give you some talismans so you could at least see and work with magic still. Enchanted glasses to see the magic, rings to cast spells, that sort of thing... I've assumed responsibility for you, and that's not contingent on your magic."

Anna looked at you for a moment, she seamed doubtful but then she smiled and nodded.
"Yeah...I will live and learn and become a powerful mage and my glass dragon will be happy."
She said and she seamed a bit calmed down.
He grinned, "That's the spirit."

"That sounds like dog fights with your Avatar...I do not think I would like that, I hate dog fights, some members of the Labyrinth used to host that...I did not like that, I would sneak in and let the dogs go and no one dared to touch me for it for I was Gabriel's apprentice...and beside my dragon is made of glass, how durable can he be?"
She said sounding concerned.
"What if he chip a wing or something?"
He smiled, "It's neither as literal not as physical as all that, I think. But yes, I'd not necessarily want such a fight to happen. If possible, I'd rather try to arrange something like a classic arcade - claw machines, shooting gallery, little skill-based challenges, rather than something so crude as a brawl."

"I am not sure I understand Mentor."
The little Fallen said looking confused again.
He smiled, "Picture the difference between two people throwing darts at one another, and one person throwing darts at a dart board."

"Ohhhh Aswadim kick ass, I have seen one once when he visited the Labyrinth, we all had to kneel while he spoke with Miss Abigail but he was beautiful, he would not fight for us though, they never get involved, but they are so powerful...I would love to be an Aswadim."
Anna said and grinned just like a sleeper child might have smiled if she had said she wanted to be a princess.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well... us Traditionalists are rather formally aligned with the Oracles, so I'll have to try to convince you to aspire to that instead. The Dark Side may have cookies, but we have some pretty good snack foods, too."

"Well if a sliver of consciousness are left then it would not be non existence now would it."
Anna said patiently.
"But yes I guess...I want to learn more magick, and Bee is teaching me to draw flowers, and there are games to play and you said there are dragons on Horizon...there are allot to do...I suppose you are right about that."
She hesitantly agreed.
He nodded, "True enough, it wouldn't be nonexistence if there was any consciousness left... But I really don't think the nonexistence the Nephandi seek is viable. A nonexistence of only pure potential, it can't stay like that; the void will create existence anew, and there will be light. I'm fairly convinced this has happened several times already, actually..."

"Yeah but it is cool that she can see my glass dragon on her computer screen."
Anna said and nodded. Cita had done a good job of examining the girl's Avatar and not scare the child nor her Fallen soul in the process.
"She said he is Primordial, and old and curious."
She said and smiled proudly.
"He is very pretty you know."
He smiled, "He's a clever old charmer, alright."

"I guess I can eat...you said there where pasta Mentor?"
Anna asked, now considerably cheered up.
"I got the nausea and headaches as well when that serum was used on me, I would puke my guts out in the bucket in my cell."
Kyle said and frowned.
"The worst of it stopped a little time after the injection though, so it might be worse for her since her body is weak. If your...ehm strange...sorry I mean no disrespect off course...time jumpy thingy that you do Sir allow you to see this conversation you could always ask Dr Lee to run some tests on me back when I was on the serum as well, not that I like being poked and prodded but it would not be the first time, I have spent allot of time in hospitals as I said."
The boy said and shrugged.
"And if it can help keep Mini Jace here healthy...or if need be I can take the serum and we can find out like I said earlier."
He said and ruffled the little girl's hair.
He nodded to Anna, "Yes, that greenish type you're so fond of. And a glass of milk; you need the vitamin D, and the calcium. And yes, I will pass that suggestion on to Dr. Lee several months ago... Huh, that sounds really insane when I say it out loud."

Chicago, Now again:
"Hum...it could be made of pottery and then glaced that would withstand playing and accidentally being dropped but if you throw it hard enough it will shatter, and that do sound to be rather good quality indeed, I guess the prisoner would want the girl to keep the fail safe and not just grow tired of it."
Olamide said, she was not able yet to bring herself to speak Cotta's name.
He nodded, "A fair assessment. I'm sure there are other similar emergency shutdowns - but I don't know about them. This is the only one I'll learn of by November, it seems. Future me cheats."

Adley read the note and pressed his lips into a tight frown and returned the note to Colin after replying. 'Two things, then we need to see if we can be ready for. One, how to prevent getting immediately sucked into the portal's influence if it is open or gets opened, not just us, but the safeguard before it can be broken. Two, how to break something in a node, especially if there is a portal: we will either need some kind of resistance for it to break upon before the portal affects it or some spell to shatter it.'
He nodded, writing back, 'If it is open, I doubt it will suck in anything not crossing the threshold of it - as it is in the main Node chamber, having it vacuum up everything would be... remarkable foolish, I think, and Abigail does not strike me as that.'

'Anyone have a slingshot?' he wrote and then handed to Colin, thinking to himself.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hmmm, does anyone have a slingshot? Doesn't seem like the thing we'd be... hum, perhaps the crossbow could serve that purpose?"

Crexia glanced at the two Boston mages exchanging notes for a little while before she asked.
"Do you feel the desire to let the rest of us in on what you are planning Sodalis?"
The old Tytalus was studying both you and Colin with a raised eyebrow.
"Pardon. I am not sure how far my voice carries in this place," he said. Or whom was listening. Never mind the morale issue, he didn't want to terrify the others further without having some thoughts on a contingency plan to offer. He gestured to Colin. "Please."
"Ah yes your little problem, a useful precaution then."
Crexia said and sigh.
"If you will allow me to use my Ars on the notes you are writing Sodalis I will know their content and this communication will go a little faster."
She suggested.
"Certainly, ma'am," he agreed.
"Thank you Sodalis."
Crexia said and she did a few simple gestures of her hands and nodded, then she fished a small wax tablet out of her pocket and begun to reply to some of your and Colin's points in a firm elegant hand.
"I do not think anyone have such a tool with them but several of us can manufacture one and I am pretty sure Miss Dane can use it."
"The woman have lost most of her Masters, and her Labyrinth Keeper her one best resource at the moment is Miss Carlyle, if she know what is going on she will know that it do not look good for the Labyrinth. As for whatever the portal is open and controlled or will open from the fail safe our course of action should be the same, to disable it, the question is if we can trust Cotta's fail safe to do that."
"That is a big danger, and if we draw close to the Node and Abigail feel we are getting to close to winning she might decide it is better to go down swinging and activate her trap, the way I see it our only hope is to move quickly either there or be able to disable the portal at a distance."

Crexia handed the small, well used tablet to you, two simple wood frames held together with two straps of leather on the top and bottom nailed to the wood with brass tacks and a leather ribbon to tie it shut with when not in use, her words written into white, slightly yellowish wax.
"Please send it to your Cabalmate when you are done reading."
She said politely. The rest of the group of magi looked a bit uneasy at the three of you passing notes between yourselves, none said anything though, not yet.
He coughed and gave the others a slightly sheepish smile, "Ah, sorry, writing a silent note was a bit excessive on my part; my voice is not quite as... forceful as my Cabalmate's. The Oblivion portal may or may not be open, and he had concerns as to whether or not it would be possible to avoid being sucked in while smashing a marble in there. I'm fairly certain the portal won't suck anything in that isn't moving into it already; that would seem far more careless than the Labyrinth's mistress is prone to be - not that she's not been making rather reckless-seeming decisions already."

((OOC: Several hours OT today, in a meeting with a new guy brought in to help tidy up the company. Nice guy, and I got good OTP for the few extra hours; unfortunately, it was OverTime Pizza, rather than OverTime Pay. Oh, well. Razz Nap after I got home was good, and much needed. Razz )
((OOC2: I have utterly lost track - which month is it now? Feels like this past week in character has lasted for two years straight. Wink )
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 am

Chicago Now:

Colin grinned, "Misunderstand me correctly - saving the world is pretty damn important, and certainly the most urgent, and this may be the hopeless romantic in me speaking, but the love of two people is rather more important than the world, in its way. But without the world to contain that love, well..."

Crexia regarded you.
"There are millions of love lives, in this city alone young man, yes my apprentice's well being and his happiness is important to me but what is personally important to me, is not more important than the world and preserving it."
She said still regarding you curiously.

Boston November:

He grinned and shook Kyle's hand, "We have an accord... and keep the advance."

The young mage nodded and took the ten dollar bill and put it in his pocked and shook your hand.
"Thank you Sir I appreciate it."
He said and grinned.

He nodded, "I suppose it... might be possible to acquire a new Avatar, theoretically speaking, but it would probably not be an easy thing. And that's assuming you'd be willing and able to stick it out to go seeking one.

The little girl looked at you her eyes big.
"Is that even possible Mentor?"
She muttered awe struck.
"If that was possible I guess I could...survive if...that...happened...perhaps."
She muttered hesitantly.

But, living without magic entirely would most certainly not be necessary - if necessary, I'll learn the necessary artifice to give you some talismans so you could at least see and work with magic still. Enchanted glasses to see the magic, rings to cast spells, that sort of thing... I've assumed responsibility for you, and that's not contingent on your magic."

"That...would be better than...nothing."
Anna muttered fearfully and she pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.
"Why did you decide to apprentice me Mentor, most would have just sent me to some deep, dark cell to rot?"
She asked softly.

He grinned, "That's the spirit."

The little Nephanda looked at you for a moment and then gave you a sad smile.
"Could you tell me that...every day Mentor? Until the trial have come and gone, that it will work out, that I will not be...and that I will continue to be a mage I...think I need to hear that."
She asked softly.

He smiled, "It's neither as literal not as physical as all that, I think. But yes, I'd not necessarily want such a fight to happen. If possible, I'd rather try to arrange something like a classic arcade - claw machines, shooting gallery, little skill-based challenges, rather than something so crude as a brawl."

"And all of that would work with my magick? That would be fun."
Anna said and smiled enthusiastically.
"I do not really understand how it would work but it sure sounds like fun."

He smiled, "Picture the difference between two people throwing darts at one another, and one person throwing darts at a dart board."

"Ok..that do sound better but...I still do not really get it."
She complained.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, well... us Traditionalists are rather formally aligned with the Oracles, so I'll have to try to convince you to aspire to that instead. The Dark Side may have cookies, but we have some pretty good snack foods, too."

"I guess...but do they kick ass as the Aswadim do? Have you seen a Oracle Mentor?"
Anna asked now quite interested then she grinned.
"Well I am rather found of cookies you know."

He nodded, "True enough, it wouldn't be nonexistence if there was any consciousness left...

"That is right, if there was consciousness left that would mean somebody somewhere messed up."
Anna declared.

But I really don't think the nonexistence the Nephandi seek is viable. A nonexistence of only pure potential, it can't stay like that; the void will create existence anew, and there will be light. I'm fairly convinced this has happened several times already, actually..."

"Perhaps, but that what is created anew could be destroyed again and if there exist no time then the nothingness created is forever."
Anna protested.

He smiled, "He's a clever old charmer, alright."

"He is very charming."
Anna said happily.
"He is looking at you Mentor, he thinks you are odd."

He nodded to Anna, "Yes, that greenish type you're so fond of. And a glass of milk; you need the vitamin D, and the calcium.

"Oh...I do like that Mentor...ok I will have my dinner then."
The little girl said and reached for the plate and the glass of milk.

And yes, I will pass that suggestion on to Dr. Lee several months ago... Huh, that sounds really insane when I say it out loud."

Kyle grinned to you though he gave Anna a concerned look as well though the child being willing to eat was promising.
"Well we are Mages Sir, functional or rather extra functional insanity is sort of what we do. But yeah, just explain it to me, knowing myself just starting medical tests will scare the shit out of me, but if you tell me a friend will need that information in the future, I think I would be willing back then even if I had at that time not met that friend yet...ehm yes you are right that do sound sort of insane indeed."
He said with a slight grin.

Chicago Now Again:

He nodded, "A fair assessment. I'm sure there are other similar emergency shutdowns - but I don't know about them. This is the only one I'll learn of by November, it seems. Future me cheats."

"Hum...your exploits in time can get quite confusing if you do not think me rude for saying so."
Olamide muttered.
"Very well then if we have one method to deal with this that should be enough."

He nodded, writing back, 'If it is open, I doubt it will suck in anything not crossing the threshold of it - as it is in the main Node chamber, having it vacuum up everything would be... remarkable foolish, I think, and Abigail does not strike me as that.'

"Well it is probably not what the portal is doing at the moment, the question is what it will do when Abigail activate it, for if it is a trap then I doubt it will sit and wait for someone to walk into it."
Crexia muttered.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hmmm, does anyone have a slingshot? Doesn't seem like the thing we'd be... hum, perhaps the crossbow could serve that purpose?"

"How would a crossbow help to break the marble?"
Crexia wrote once she got her tablet back then she said.
"Ah forgive me young man I forgot to ask your permission as well to magickally read what was written, may I?"

He coughed and gave the others a slightly sheepish smile, "Ah, sorry, writing a silent note was a bit excessive on my part; my voice is not quite as... forceful as my Cabalmate's. The Oblivion portal may or may not be open, and he had concerns as to whether or not it would be possible to avoid being sucked in while smashing a marble in there. I'm fairly certain the portal won't suck anything in that isn't moving into it already; that would seem far more careless than the Labyrinth's mistress is prone to be - not that she's not been making rather reckless-seeming decisions already."

"If the portal is open, something I doubt that it is or we would have felt it then no it is not likely to suck anyone in, the Nephandi here do need to use their Node after all, likely the portal is dormant and when activated it will start sucking in everything around, that is far more reasonable as a trap meant to take your enemies with you when you go than there being an open portal there."
Crexia said and nodded.

(OOC: It is currently in game early morning Sunday 20 September 2015. And yes play by posts tend to move a bit slowly when it come to time advancing in the plotline. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 am

Tane passed touching the guard on the arm in a friendly way to ease his ming until he had spoken, and faced the Master. Master Nassa,
what's up? I was here to see you, but now i see there is much more security. What has happened?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 am

He took the note and read it quickly, frowning a little to himself.

Crexia handed the small, well used tablet to you, two simple wood frames held together with two straps of leather on the top and bottom nailed to the wood with brass tacks and a leather ribbon to tie it shut with when not in use, her words written into white, slightly yellowish wax. "Please send it to your Cabalmate when you are done reading."

"Thank you." He took the tablet and used it to record his part of the conversation.

"If the portal is open, something I doubt that it is or we would have felt it then no it is not likely to suck anyone in, the Nephandi here do need to use their Node after all, likely the portal is dormant and when activated it will start sucking in everything around, that is far more reasonable as a trap meant to take your enemies with you when you go than there being an open portal there."

He wrote out on the tablet, 'Then we should get a move on to find this marble, if initiative is our best edge? A. would not care who died or if the place was destroyed if things were going bad enough, hence C. making a failsafe behind her back. If no sling or slingshot, then there are spells that can be used.'

He handed the tablet to Colin, still puzzling over ways to keep them safe from such a thing, in case it was needed. "Please give it back to her, after," he requested and likewise stuck the note away.

// yeah last I asked it was late September, a few days from November, when hell week began. With all the time-bubbles it's been at least ten days for Adley, and maybe more for Colin. I'm sure that it feels like years to Adley IG anyway! Awe OTPizza is not quite as good as OTPay but I'm glad it wasn't too bad at least.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am

Adley:

He wrote out on the tablet, 'Then we should get a move on to find this marble, if initiative is our best edge? A. would not care who died or if the place was destroyed if things were going bad enough, hence C. making a failsafe behind her back. If no sling or slingshot, then there are spells that can be used.'

"Shattering the marble is not a big concern we will find a means to do that, getting it and then making our way to the Node to use it before Abigail can activate her trap, let us hope she is overconfident and that she still think the Labyrinth can be saved and that she will not use the portal, for now though I think the only thing we can do it get the marble and make our way to the Node as quickly as possible and pray that the woman do not know that we know about her nuclear option."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"But yes we should get going, the sooner the better but keep your eyes open, something tell me this is not going to be easy."
The archmage said.

(OOC: Yes in game it have only been 6 days since we started, once the Labyrinth in Boston is dealt with, assuming Colin and Adley survive and we are done with this part of the Nephandi plotline I am planning on having a few months months of downtime before we pick up again and among other things move some of the story to Horizon to flush out some of the corruption that are to be found there. So moving the game into November and bring Kyle's trial, the attacks against Horizon and some conspiracies more into focus as well as more about what have been behind the Nephandi activities. Also that will let the characters have two months to breathe.)

Tane:

Tane passed touching the guard on the arm in a friendly way to ease his ming until he had spoken, and faced the Master.

The large man who did not look like he was used to being touched by strangers gave you a bit of a look as you put your hand on his arm, he said nothing though.

Master Nassa,
what's up? I was here to see you, but now i see there is much more security. What has happened?

"We have had someone watch the hallway since we bought Beatrice down here, all since the Island Creature was summoned on the third floor and we got concerned for her safety."
Amadeus said and nodded to the large man.
"He is ok Mr King, this is Mr Karyak, he is the young Dreamspeaker that have been placed with your Cabal...Mr Karyak this is Bruce King, he is in the same Cabal as you and Beatrice."
He said and the large man nodded to you and offered you his hand in greeting but he still said nothing. Master Nassa nodded then he said.
"As for what is up not much. Hopefully Bee is sleeping, I have been arranging my part for our plan to help her, trying to manufacturing some spiritual painkillers and leaving her in the care in a member of my Coven...so what can I do for you Mr Karyak?"
He asked and gave you a slight smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am

Chicago, Now:
Crexia regarded you.
"There are millions of love lives, in this city alone young man, yes my apprentice's well being and his happiness is important to me but what is personally important to me, is not more important than the world and preserving it."
She said still regarding you curiously.
Colin smiled thinly, "And each of those loves is more important than the world. Which is why we need to keep the world around for them to flourish."

Boston, November:
The little girl looked at you her eyes big.
"Is that even possible Mentor?"
She muttered awe struck.
"If that was possible I guess I could...survive if...that...happened...perhaps."
She muttered hesitantly.
He nodded, "Some Mages have a secondary Avatar - a still growing one, just waiting for the right time to separate from the main one. It seems those smaller Avatars sometimes find a vacant host they like, and seek to incarnate into them. But it's a rare phenomenon..."

"That...would be better than...nothing."
Anna muttered fearfully and she pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.
"Why did you decide to apprentice me Mentor, most would have just sent me to some deep, dark cell to rot?"
She asked softly.
He paused for a moment, "Several reasons, actually... A little of it was guilt for almost killing you, and then bringing you in to what amounted to a fate worse than death. A little of it was a sense of... responsibility, I suppose; you were brought in as my prisoner, and that does mean that there are certain protocols I have to follow. Sleeper law, for certain, but I took those laws to heart before I was a Mage. A large part of it was that I promised Tian to protect you from the worst; the circumstances of your capture changed things up a little, but I still had promised him to do what I could to keep you from being hauled into the Sentencing Hall. And, of course, the most important thing, the first time we met, when you quite expertly countered my magic... I picked up a certain child-like glee in you, but no malice. No cruelty. You had an innocence to you still, and that... that is something I'd want to save for as long as possible. That's precious, in every corner of the world."

The little Nephanda looked at you for a moment and then gave you a sad smile.
"Could you tell me that...every day Mentor? Until the trial have come and gone, that it will work out, that I will not be...and that I will continue to be a mage I...think I need to hear that."
She asked softly.
He grinned, "If I can't be here to tell you in person, someone will be by to remind you. I promise."

"And all of that would work with my magick? That would be fun."
Anna said and smiled enthusiastically.
"I do not really understand how it would work but it sure sounds like fun."
He smiled, "I can't guarantee that I can get all of that arranged... but I'll do what I can."

"I guess...but do they kick ass as the Aswadim do? Have you seen a Oracle Mentor?"
Anna asked now quite interested then she grinned.
"Well I am rather found of cookies you know."
He shrugged, "I've met two people preparing to try to become Oracles... One of them was Freddy, actually, centuries in the future. She doesn't quite believe me, though..."

"Perhaps, but that what is created anew could be destroyed again and if there exist no time then the nothingness created is forever."
Anna protested.
He nodded, "And that eternal nothingness eventually becomes time and space again. It's a cycle; like I said, I think it's happened several times before. Out there are little fragments of previous universes, things that no longer belong, that defy reason... but no less real, in their way..."

"He is very charming."
Anna said happily.
"He is looking at you Mentor, he thinks you are odd."
He grinned, "Well, he is right."

Kyle grinned to you though he gave Anna a concerned look as well though the child being willing to eat was promising.
"Well we are Mages Sir, functional or rather extra functional insanity is sort of what we do. But yeah, just explain it to me, knowing myself just starting medical tests will scare the shit out of me, but if you tell me a friend will need that information in the future, I think I would be willing back then even if I had at that time not met that friend yet...ehm yes you are right that do sound sort of insane indeed."
He said with a slight grin.
He nodded, watching Anna dig in, "Convincing Chief Morgan to have you examined might be almost a taller order, though... But, with my new Adeptus Temporis ranking up my sleeve, that just might be enough."

Chicago, Now again:
"Hum...your exploits in time can get quite confusing if you do not think me rude for saying so."
Olamide muttered.
"Very well then if we have one method to deal with this that should be enough."
He grinned sheepishly, "Oh, they do. It's going to be a headache when I finally catch up with them..."

"Well it is probably not what the portal is doing at the moment, the question is what it will do when Abigail activate it, for if it is a trap then I doubt it will sit and wait for someone to walk into it."
Crexia muttered.
"Let's try to unravel the damned thing before Abigail gets the chance..."

"How would a crossbow help to break the marble?"
Crexia wrote once she got her tablet back then she said.
"Ah forgive me young man I forgot to ask your permission as well to magickally read what was written, may I?"
He nodded, "Go ahead... It depends on the crossbow - if it's just a string that launches the bolt, it won't work, but if it's the slingshot design, then it would be perfect."

Crexia said and nodded.
He nodded, "Worst case scenario - and this sounds all too likely to be the actual scenario - when Abigail opens the portal and casts off the safety, it will suck down and collapse the entire Labyrinth. Fallen and non-Fallen alike."

He handed the tablet to Colin, still puzzling over ways to keep them safe from such a thing, in case it was needed. "Please give it back to her, after," he requested and likewise stuck the note away.
He nodded and handed the tablet back to Crexia, "Quite. You're a steady hand with Forces, aren't you? I suspect a good throw should suffice, but adding a few more Newtons to the throw can't hurt."

((OOC: Longest week ever; Colin's got memories from an approximately 580-year span over the past few days, and Adley's got even older memories than that. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am

Chicago Now:

Colin smiled thinly, "And each of those loves is more important than the world. Which is why we need to keep the world around for them to flourish."

"Hum...I am afraid young man that I have a more practical view on things than you, or a more straightforward one, however that do not much matter right now, we both know what we need to do."
Crexia said and regarded you again.

Chicago November:

He nodded, "Some Mages have a secondary Avatar - a still growing one, just waiting for the right time to separate from the main one. It seems those smaller Avatars sometimes find a vacant host they like, and seek to incarnate into them. But it's a rare phenomenon..."

"I see, it is a hope at least then but not a very likely to ever happen hope."
She muttered softly and looked down.

He paused for a moment, "Several reasons, actually... A little of it was guilt for almost killing you, and then bringing you in to what amounted to a fate worse than death.

"We where enemies at the time, I would have blocked your magick and then my partner would have killed you, and that would have been a shame."
Anna said and shrugged, she clearly did not blame you for shooting her or capturing her.
"Not that I like being a prisoner or being shot but you did what you had to, as I would have."

A little of it was a sense of... responsibility, I suppose; you were brought in as my prisoner, and that does mean that there are certain protocols I have to follow. Sleeper law, for certain, but I took those laws to heart before I was a Mage.

"I have never heard that sleepers have laws when it comes to prisoners but I suppose they do. Well I guess all in all I have been treated well, though I do hate those injections, they hurt...hurt my head..."
She muttered and tears welled into her eyes again.

A large part of it was that I promised Tian to protect you from the worst; the circumstances of your capture changed things up a little, but I still had promised him to do what I could to keep you from being hauled into the Sentencing Hall.

"Tian was always kind to me, do you think he and his sister will be able to avoid being captures? I know the Traditions and the Nephandi both must be looking for him."
Anna asked softly and she looked a bit concerned.

And, of course, the most important thing, the first time we met, when you quite expertly countered my magic... I picked up a certain child-like glee in you, but no malice. No cruelty. You had an innocence to you still, and that... that is something I'd want to save for as long as possible. That's precious, in every corner of the world."

The girl looked at you confused for a moment.
"I do not quite understand Mentor...but you are right that i did not like those who's magick I stopped dying and they usually died...countering spells is fun, it is like a game, finding the right twists and turns, but then they always got killed, or captured and if they where captured either Cotta got them...or Gabriel and if it was my first Mentor I had to watch as..."
She stopped talking and put her hands over her eyes.
"He wanted me to like watching it...but I never did."
She finally said.

He grinned, "If I can't be here to tell you in person, someone will be by to remind you. I promise."

Anna smiled to you and squeezed your hand a little.
"Thank you Mentor, I will try to believe it..."
Kyle smiled.
"I can remind her Sir...it will be good for both of us I think. Though I got to Horizon...in a few days..."
He muttered and looked down and Anna gave him a worried look.

He smiled, "I can't guarantee that I can get all of that arranged... but I'll do what I can."

Anna smiled a little.
"I understand, thank you for trying Mentor."

He shrugged, "I've met two people preparing to try to become Oracles... One of them was Freddy, actually, centuries in the future. She doesn't quite believe me, though..."

"Freddy? From one of your future visions Mentor? She is nice she would be a great Aswadim."
The young mage said and smiled then she blushed and said gleefully suddenly like any young girl might when gossiping about such things.
"I have seen you guys kissing."
She said and giggled.

He nodded, "And that eternal nothingness eventually becomes time and space again. It's a cycle; like I said, I think it's happened several times before. Out there are little fragments of previous universes, things that no longer belong, that defy reason... but no less real, in their way..."

"That is rather depressing, what is the point of doing all that work to make sure reality do not exist if it is just going to turn around and start existing again, it is not fair."
The young Nephandus pouted.
"I guess that is what the Cabbalists say and that is what our magick comes from, Trees of Life that no longer exist and that is why the Consensus hate our magick."
She muttered and plucked at her piercing again.

He grinned, "Well, he is right."

Anna just grinned at that.

He nodded, watching Anna dig in, "Convincing Chief Morgan to have you examined might be almost a taller order, though... But, with my new Adeptus Temporis ranking up my sleeve, that just might be enough."

Anna ate the paste dish with great gusto she had not eaten all day at least.
"I wonder how the sauce it green, sometimes when Cotta decided to cook in the Labyrinth she would scrape fungi of the Labyrith wall and have that on pasta, that looked a little like this, is it fungus?"
She asked and Kyle grimaced.
"Ok then I can officially never eat pasta with well...anything green on it again."
He muttered, then he turned to you and nodded.
"Yeah my Mentor when he first declared me his student he got very protective and even before that he is concerned how prisoners are treated so he might protest anything invasive, especially if the needed examinations would be painful...ehm...ok here."
He said and pulled a notebook out of his pocket and started writing, he seamed to have picked up on his brother's habits then he handed you a quick note.
"This is one thing I have never told anyone tell it with me and I will know you have talked with me...you know in the future...oh how crazy is not that. Anyway that will convince me to go along with it, even if hesitant and potentially my Mentor as well."
The note simply said.
"I write down the darker impulses I get in the note section of my Riviera cartridge on my GBA so it would not be found my my father, so I have been filling the cartridge with notes."

Chicago Now Again:

He grinned sheepishly, "Oh, they do. It's going to be a headache when I finally catch up with them..."

"I suspect it indeed might be a headache, but yes your life must be rather confusing."
Olamide said and smiled.

"Let's try to unravel the damned thing before Abigail gets the chance..."

"Agreed let us hope the little prisoner's marble with do the trick."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "Go ahead... It depends on the crossbow - if it's just a string that launches the bolt, it won't work, but if it's the slingshot design, then it would be perfect."

"Well I do believe that our young Cultist's crossbow is of a fairly high quality and modern design, you should talk with her about her about that though."
The archmage said and glanced over at Rosario.

He nodded, "Worst case scenario - and this sounds all too likely to be the actual scenario - when Abigail opens the portal and casts off the safety, it will suck down and collapse the entire Labyrinth. Fallen and non-Fallen alike."

"It is what I would have done if I where going to order such a trap to be made, there is no point in it, unless it then effectively takes your enemies with you when you go down. I just hope it will stop at the Labyrinth and not take out the city as well...we can assume that when Abigail decide that all is lost she will not care how many she damn in the process as long as she get revenge."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded and handed the tablet back to Crexia, "Quite. You're a steady hand with Forces, aren't you? I suspect a good throw should suffice, but adding a few more Newtons to the throw can't hurt."

Crexia took the tablet and begun to scrape out the writing on it.
"Ah Forces, a name put on things to make it easier to explain to mages of other Traditions, for me it is a number of Ars, including the relevant one here Auram, and yes I have a steady hand with it, not as good as the honored Quesitor, but steady enough to break a marble I assure you."
She said and smiled.

(OOC: Those are going to be some tired mages at the end of that week.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Chicago, Now:
"Hum...I am afraid young man that I have a more practical view on things than you, or a more straightforward one, however that do not much matter right now, we both know what we need to do."
Crexia said and regarded you again.
He smiled, "When Winston Churchill was asked about cutting funding for the arts during World War 2, he replied, 'Then what the hell would we be fighting for?' Same thing... The world is a flawed thing, but love, now that's something worth fighting for. Saving the world simply follows as a matter of course."

Boston, November:
"We where enemies at the time, I would have blocked your magick and then my partner would have killed you, and that would have been a shame."
Anna said and shrugged, she clearly did not blame you for shooting her or capturing her.
"Not that I like being a prisoner or being shot but you did what you had to, as I would have."
He nodded, "And I would have shot your partner first, if not for the fact that he seemed to have defenses up, whereas you did not."

"I have never heard that sleepers have laws when it comes to prisoners but I suppose they do. Well I guess all in all I have been treated well, though I do hate those injections, they hurt...hurt my head..."
She muttered and tears welled into her eyes again.
He nodded, "Human Rights convention... Geneva Conventions... there are certain rules in place regarding prisoner treatment, whether civilian or prisoners of war. I'm afraid the Traditions, the Technocracy and the Nephandi don't care much, but I do, and I'll gladly try to stay the hand of a senior Mage rather than let torture happen, for example."

"Tian was always kind to me, do you think he and his sister will be able to avoid being captures? I know the Traditions and the Nephandi both must be looking for him."
Anna asked softly and she looked a bit concerned.
He shook his head, "I don't know... So long as they can keep their head down and stay off the radar... his sister?"

The girl looked at you confused for a moment.
"I do not quite understand Mentor...but you are right that i did not like those who's magick I stopped dying and they usually died...countering spells is fun, it is like a game, finding the right twists and turns, but then they always got killed, or captured and if they where captured either Cotta got them...or Gabriel and if it was my first Mentor I had to watch as..."
She stopped talking and put her hands over her eyes.
"He wanted me to like watching it...but I never did."
She finally said.
He smiled, "Despite all you've been through... you're still sweet and innocent. And one day, perhaps, you'll be able to use your remarkable talents to unravel a great many secrets. I think you could become an excellent Enforcer one day, between your ability to discern the right twists and turns, and your dislike for bodily harm."

Anna smiled to you and squeezed your hand a little.
"Thank you Mentor, I will try to believe it..."
Kyle smiled.
"I can remind her Sir...it will be good for both of us I think. Though I got to Horizon...in a few days..."
He muttered and looked down and Anna gave him a worried look.
He nodded, "You'll be fine, Kyle. Freddy mentioned you specifically from centuries down the road - you're going to come out of the trial quite intact."

"Freddy? From one of your future visions Mentor? She is nice she would be a great Aswadim."
The young mage said and smiled then she blushed and said gleefully suddenly like any young girl might when gossiping about such things.
"I have seen you guys kissing."
She said and giggled.
He grimaced, "Don't tell Freddy she'd make a good Aswadim... she might take that the wrong way."
He gave her a slightly dopey grin, "And yes, I would think you have seen that..."

"That is rather depressing, what is the point of doing all that work to make sure reality do not exist if it is just going to turn around and start existing again, it is not fair."
The young Nephandus pouted.
"I guess that is what the Cabbalists say and that is what our magick comes from, Trees of Life that no longer exist and that is why the Consensus hate our magick."
She muttered and plucked at her piercing again.
He nodded sagely, "Well, it's not much better from our point of view - struggling so hard to keep Reality ticking on, even if at some point it's going to collapse in on itself and start over from nothingness again... Ultimately, I suppose, it comes down to how long we can hold on, how long we can keep trying to make things better before the Nephandi unmake it all or the Technocracy locks it all down into an unchanging, stagnant mess..."

Anna ate the paste dish with great gusto she had not eaten all day at least.
"I wonder how the sauce it green, sometimes when Cotta decided to cook in the Labyrinth she would scrape fungi of the Labyrith wall and have that on pasta, that looked a little like this, is it fungus?"
She asked and Kyle grimaced.
"Ok then I can officially never eat pasta with well...anything green on it again."
He muttered, then he turned to you and nodded.
"Yeah my Mentor when he first declared me his student he got very protective and even before that he is concerned how prisoners are treated so he might protest anything invasive, especially if the needed examinations would be painful...ehm...ok here."
He said and pulled a notebook out of his pocket and started writing, he seamed to have picked up on his brother's habits then he handed you a quick note.
"This is one thing I have never told anyone tell it with me and I will know you have talked with me...you know in the future...oh how crazy is not that. Anyway that will convince me to go along with it, even if hesitant and potentially my Mentor as well."
The note simply said.
"I write down the darker impulses I get in the note section of my Riviera cartridge on my GBA so it would not be found my my father, so I have been filling the cartridge with notes."
He frowned, "I believe it might be basil, an herb. Though, I suppose there could be mushrooms in it, too..."
He carefully read the note, committing the details to memory, "My lips have been sealed."

Chicago, Now again:
"I suspect it indeed might be a headache, but yes your life must be rather confusing."
Olamide said and smiled.
"A bootstrap paradox. At some point, that's going to hurt."

"Well I do believe that our young Cultist's crossbow is of a fairly high quality and modern design, you should talk with her about her about that though."
The archmage said and glanced over at Rosario.
He nodded and looked over at Rosario, "Miss, could I have a moment to look at your bowstring?"

"It is what I would have done if I where going to order such a trap to be made, there is no point in it, unless it then effectively takes your enemies with you when you go down. I just hope it will stop at the Labyrinth and not take out the city as well...we can assume that when Abigail decide that all is lost she will not care how many she damn in the process as long as she get revenge."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "I wouldn't want to own property around the old cinema, for certain..."

Crexia took the tablet and begun to scrape out the writing on it.
"Ah Forces, a name put on things to make it easier to explain to mages of other Traditions, for me it is a number of Ars, including the relevant one here Auram, and yes I have a steady hand with it, not as good as the honored Quesitor, but steady enough to break a marble I assure you."
She said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Quite so. Personally, I'm having some trouble splitting Physics so neatly into Matter and Forces... I mean, I've got different monocles that help me look closer at material properties and energy flows, respectively, but really, the division is rather an irritant..."

((OOC: I'm thinking, exhausted dogpile in the common rooms...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Chicago Now:

He smiled, "When Winston Churchill was asked about cutting funding for the arts during World War 2, he replied, 'Then what the hell would we be fighting for?' Same thing... The world is a flawed thing, but love, now that's something worth fighting for. Saving the world simply follows as a matter of course."

"Sounds to me like more of a political rouse, if the allies had lost the war, art projects would not really matter, and the creation of art could resume once victory was assured, there is no point in painting if the canvas is burning."
Crexia said and gave you a level look.

Boston November:

He nodded, "And I would have shot your partner first, if not for the fact that he seemed to have defenses up, whereas you did not."

"A sound tactical choice then, I am just glad you did not shoot me in the head...I am afraid of that as it would be the most logical place to aim, some magi can work magick even if wounded."
Anna said and shuddered.
"I was always always of that when sent out on a mission."

He nodded, "Human Rights convention... Geneva Conventions... there are certain rules in place regarding prisoner treatment, whether civilian or prisoners of war. I'm afraid the Traditions, the Technocracy and the Nephandi don't care much, but I do, and I'll gladly try to stay the hand of a senior Mage rather than let torture happen, for example."

"I don't like torture...I can not help imagining it being me...or someone I care about...it seams terrible to be helpless and then just be hurt, it is better to be wounded in combat."
Anna said and looked down.
"My first Mentor was never pleased that I could not stomach it."

He shook his head, "I don't know... So long as they can keep their head down and stay off the radar... his sister?"

"Yes Miss Summers trained by the same Mentor, that asshole Diego...she escaped to after some incident at the Boston Umbral port...I like I said have ears Mentor, I pick up rumors even when locked in here."
The girl said then she nodded.
"I hope he will be alright..."

He smiled, "Despite all you've been through... you're still sweet and innocent. And one day, perhaps, you'll be able to use your remarkable talents to unravel a great many secrets. I think you could become an excellent Enforcer one day, between your ability to discern the right twists and turns, and your dislike for bodily harm."

"Enforcers...are those like the Tradition's lawmen? Like Udella who have visited me to discuss my case?"
The girl asked.
"Yeah...perhaps I could do that one day...if I survive I mean. I do not know about innocent though, I just do not like to see people be hurt, unless there is no other way."

He nodded, "You'll be fine, Kyle. Freddy mentioned you specifically from centuries down the road - you're going to come out of the trial quite intact."

Kyle smiles a little then looked down.
"I hope the future version of Miss Adlebloom is right then...I really hope so."
He said but he seamed a little relieved.

He grimaced, "Don't tell Freddy she'd make a good Aswadim... she might take that the wrong way."

"But it is a compliment."
The little Nephanda protested.

He gave her a slightly dopey grin, "And yes, I would think you have seen that..."

"Are you going to marry her Mentor? Is she going to wear a pretty dress? Are there going to be a big cake?"
Anna asked enthusiastically then she giggled.
"Are you going to have babies?"
Kyle coughed at that and looked embarrassed.

He nodded sagely, "Well, it's not much better from our point of view - struggling so hard to keep Reality ticking on, even if at some point it's going to collapse in on itself and start over from nothingness again... Ultimately, I suppose, it comes down to how long we can hold on, how long we can keep trying to make things better before the Nephandi unmake it all or the Technocracy locks it all down into an unchanging, stagnant mess..."

"I would not want the Technocracy to win Mentor that would really boring."
Anna said and griped.
"I guess reality is a dick to everyone and right now all we can do is live and try to be happy, and play games and get stronger and eat candy for doing anything about reality is a bit beyond us at the moment."
She said and played with her piercing.
"And that is not so bad."

He frowned, "I believe it might be basil, an herb. Though, I suppose there could be mushrooms in it, too..."

"Oh...well it is good."
Anna said and nodded.
"I guess you do not have living walls to scrape anything of in either case, it sort of get lonely when all the walls are wood and stone and stuff though I can do with all the eyes and genitals, they are not much to look at."
She muttered as she ate.

He carefully read the note, committing the details to memory, "My lips have been sealed."

Kyle smile.
"Thank you for not telling anyone else Sir...and just remind me that future me promised to do it for a friend."

Chicago Now Again:

"A bootstrap paradox. At some point, that's going to hurt."

"I would start saving to have hardened Paradox removed from an expert who know what they are doing right away."
Olamide said and frowned.
"Though that might not be the most comforting thing I could have said."

He nodded and looked over at Rosario, "Miss, could I have a moment to look at your bowstring?"

"Yeah sure..."
Rosario said, she took the arrow of the crossbow and came over and handed it to you, the weapon was well maintained.
"It is a modified Wicked Ridge by Ten Point."
She said.
"What are you wondering about and by the way what is going on, are we in hot water again?"
She said and gave you, Adley and Crexia a concerned look.
"Yes, we are but we will deal with it."
Crexia said.

He nodded, "I wouldn't want to own property around the old cinema, for certain..."

Crexian frowned and nodded at your comment.

He smiled wryly, "Quite so. Personally, I'm having some trouble splitting Physics so neatly into Matter and Forces... I mean, I've got different monocles that help me look closer at material properties and energy flows, respectively, but really, the division is rather an irritant..."

"I do not use the distinction myself, I know what Ars will fall under what Sphere but to me that is a ranking system nothing more and Auram and Ignem for example are not the same, nor are the various Ars used to manipulate them."
Crexia commented.
"The Sphere system is useful for rankings and to get a general idea of what another mage can do but that is really all it is good for, so I would not worry about that distinction young man, it is not important."
The old mage advised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Chicago, Now:
"Sounds to me like more of a political rouse, if the allies had lost the war, art projects would not really matter, and the creation of art could resume once victory was assured, there is no point in painting if the canvas is burning."
Crexia said and gave you a level look.
Colin nodded, "If it were merely funding for creating new art, that would be one thing - but the finding that was at risk included conservation of what was already there - including the British Museum and the like. And that... would have been a sacrifice that might have greatly affected morale on a national scale. It is true that there is no point in painting while the canvas is burning, but there IS a point to putting out the fire and fireproofing the canvas."

Boston, November:
"A sound tactical choice then, I am just glad you did not shoot me in the head...I am afraid of that as it would be the most logical place to aim, some magi can work magick even if wounded."
Anna said and shuddered.
"I was always always of that when sent out on a mission."
He grimaced, "Aiming from inside the pocket is tricky enough; center of mass is always the safer target. Most magi will generally find a piece of metal suddenly introduced to their vital organs to... cramp their style, in the words of Terry Pratchett. I'm glad your partner decided to save your life, though. If not, I might not have received the information next month that helped save my bacon two months ago..."

"I don't like torture...I can not help imagining it being me...or someone I care about...it seams terrible to be helpless and then just be hurt, it is better to be wounded in combat."
Anna said and looked down.
"My first Mentor was never pleased that I could not stomach it."
He smiled and gave Anna a light pat on the back, "I'm actually rather glad you can't..."

"Yes Miss Summers trained by the same Mentor, that asshole Diego...she escaped to after some incident at the Boston Umbral port...I like I said have ears Mentor, I pick up rumors even when locked in here."
The girl said then she nodded.
"I hope he will be alright..."
He looked at Anna incredulously, "Wait, they were both Diego's... How the hell did that repugnant wretch manage to bring up two such fairly decent individuals?"

"Enforcers...are those like the Tradition's lawmen? Like Udella who have visited me to discuss my case?"
The girl asked.
"Yeah...perhaps I could do that one day...if I survive I mean. I do not know about innocent though, I just do not like to see people be hurt, unless there is no other way."
He nodded, "Much like Udella, yes. Your attitude would be great for truthfinding; to peel away illusions and forged clues regarding crimes... we're not perfect; we have lawbreakers among us, even though the punishments for that are... harsh."

Kyle smiles a little then looked down.
"I hope the future version of Miss Adlebloom is right then...I really hope so."
He said but he seamed a little relieved.
He grinned, "I'd trust her with my life."

"But it is a compliment."
The little Nephanda protested.
"Not to a Traditionalist, it isn't... Be very careful about such things."

"Are you going to marry her Mentor? Is she going to wear a pretty dress? Are there going to be a big cake?"
Anna asked enthusiastically then she giggled.
"Are you going to have babies?"
Kyle coughed at that and looked embarrassed.
He gave her a goofy grin, "Yes to all... though, it won't be me having the babies. I don't quite have the, ah, plumbing for that."

"I would not want the Technocracy to win Mentor that would really boring."
Anna said and griped.
"I guess reality is a dick to everyone and right now all we can do is live and try to be happy, and play games and get stronger and eat candy for doing anything about reality is a bit beyond us at the moment."
She said and played with her piercing.
"And that is not so bad."
He nodded, "Nobody would want the Union to win... they're a stagnant, corrupt mire, far from the ideals they once had... And yes, games and candy and getting stronger is a good plan."

"Oh...well it is good."
Anna said and nodded.
"I guess you do not have living walls to scrape anything of in either case, it sort of get lonely when all the walls are wood and stone and stuff though I can do with all the eyes and genitals, they are not much to look at."
She muttered as she ate.
He shrugged, "Well, I guess there are some Verbena with living walls... though, those would tend to be floral rather than fleshy. I think I can at least get you a potted plant to look after; it might not be much of a conversationalist, but it'd be something growing in here. I doubt Jareth would appreciate being confined in here, after all."

Kyle smile.
"Thank you for not telling anyone else Sir...and just remind me that future me promised to do it for a friend."
He grinned, "Well, I haven't told anyone yet, have I?"

Chicago, Now again:
"I would start saving to have hardened Paradox removed from an expert who know what they are doing right away."
"Though that might not be the most comforting thing I could have said."
He gave her a wry grin, "I've got my first appointment scheduled for after the Labyrinths are dealt with... probably tonight or tomorrow, depending on how hectic the cleanup turns out."

"Yeah sure..."
Rosario said, she took the arrow of the crossbow and came over and handed it to you, the weapon was well maintained.
"It is a modified Wicked Ridge by Ten Point."
She said.
"What are you wondering about and by the way what is going on, are we in hot water again?"
She said and gave you, Adley and Crexia a concerned look.
"Yes, we are but we will deal with it."
Crexia said.
He examined the bowstring with a frown, "Ah, single, albeit thick bowstring. Not the slingshot-design. It's a fine weapon, but not suited for bullets... I'm not experienced with crossbows, but there's one chap at my usual gun range in Boston who swears to a rather absurdly powerful crossbow with a little cup for a sling bullet or crossbow bolt. Ah, well, a good throw it is, I guess..."
He handed the crossbow back, "A beautiful weapon, but not suitable for launching a high velocity magical marble."

"I do not use the distinction myself, I know what Ars will fall under what Sphere but to me that is a ranking system nothing more and Auram and Ignem for example are not the same, nor are the various Ars used to manipulate them."
Crexia commented.
"The Sphere system is useful for rankings and to get a general idea of what another mage can do but that is really all it is good for, so I would not worry about that distinction young man, it is not important."
The old mage advised.
He nodded, "Quite so. Ballistics is a very useful branch of science, but it's rather useless without either energy or mass... You need both for it to make sense as a whole. For starters."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Chicago Now:

Colin nodded, "If it were merely funding for creating new art, that would be one thing - but the finding that was at risk included conservation of what was already there - including the British Museum and the like. And that... would have been a sacrifice that might have greatly affected morale on a national scale. It is true that there is no point in painting while the canvas is burning, but there IS a point to putting out the fire and fireproofing the canvas."

"Off course at times sacrefices are needed to maintain morale, like for example when I did not kill the pawn back in the infirmary, it would have upset our healer to much. However for there to be someone there to appreciate art, they first have to survive, if this world cease to be, nothing that have ever done, no love, no art, no nothing will have any meaning, it will have never existed and that is why this mission is more important than my apprentice's relationships."
Crexia said firmly.

Boston November:

He grimaced, "Aiming from inside the pocket is tricky enough; center of mass is always the safer target. Most magi will generally find a piece of metal suddenly introduced to their vital organs to... cramp their style, in the words of Terry Pratchett. I'm glad your partner decided to save your life, though. If not, I might not have received the information next month that helped save my bacon two months ago..."

"Well it certainly hurt enough to make magick very hard to do, not that I remember that much before waking up at the hospital...with needles in me..."
The girl muttered and whimpered.
"I am glad I was not shot in the head...I do not want to die that way, as for my survival I...am afraid to die so I am sort of glad I am live but when captured ike this, knowing what might happen...perhaps dying would have been...better."
She said softly and looked down fearfully.

He smiled and gave Anna a light pat on the back, "I'm actually rather glad you can't..."

The little girl gave you a slight smile then she sigh.
"It makes me a poor Nephandus though..."

He looked at Anna incredulously, "Wait, they were both Diego's... How the hell did that repugnant wretch manage to bring up two such fairly decent individuals?"

"I do not know...Diego hurt Tian allot, tortured him for the slightest mistake...passed him around to everyone in the Labyrinth who might desire him Miss Abigail and my Mentor included. I suppose he did the same with his other student, I do not know her that well."
She said in a tone of voice that said she found it regretfully but normal.
"But now Diego is gone is he not? He is not coming back? He can not harm anyone anymore?"

He nodded, "Much like Udella, yes. Your attitude would be great for truthfinding; to peel away illusions and forged clues regarding crimes... we're not perfect; we have lawbreakers among us, even though the punishments for that are... harsh."

"I doubt they would want a Nephandi lawman Mentor...I will settle for being left...complete..."
The girl said.
"Though I do like to figure things out, I am good at it."

He grinned, "I'd trust her with my life."

"I...ehm...thank you that makes me...feel a little better actually."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Not to a Traditionalist, it isn't... Be very careful about such things."

"Traditionalists are weird who would not want to be that powerful?"
Anna muttered then she sigh.
"Ok if you say so Mentor, I will be careful."
She agreed.

He gave her a goofy grin, "Yes to all... though, it won't be me having the babies. I don't quite have the, ah, plumbing for that."

"Well you will be having them together."
Anna said then she grinned.
"I want to be in that wedding and see Freddy in a pretty dress and eat cake, and I can babysit your babies Mentor."
She declared and she seamed like a normal twelve year old with that request and then that illusion shattered with the next thing she said with the same voice as if it was completely natural.
"I know how men and women are different I have seen my first Mentor enjoy himself with prisoner many times and then cut them open, I have seen their insides."

He nodded, "Nobody would want the Union to win... they're a stagnant, corrupt mire, far from the ideals they once had... And yes, games and candy and getting stronger is a good plan."

The little girl smiled.
"Yeah...that is a good plan."
She smiled.

He shrugged, "Well, I guess there are some Verbena with living walls... though, those would tend to be floral rather than fleshy. I think I can at least get you a potted plant to look after; it might not be much of a conversationalist, but it'd be something growing in here. I doubt Jareth would appreciate being confined in here, after all."

"Well plants are nice, a pretty flower I would like that."
Anna said then she smiles again and chomped down on her food.
"And everything talks if you know how to listen...who is Jareth though Mentor? I have not heard that name before."
She asked.

He grinned, "Well, I haven't told anyone yet, have I?"

"But I just...ah...in the past...damn now this is giving me a headache Sir."
Kyle said and gave you a confused look.

Chicago Now Again:

He gave her a wry grin, "I've got my first appointment scheduled for after the Labyrinths are dealt with... probably tonight or tomorrow, depending on how hectic the cleanup turns out."

"Well it is better to have Paradox dealt with before it hardens and have to be...cut...out for that I can imagine would be most unpleasant."

He examined the bowstring with a frown, "Ah, single, albeit thick bowstring. Not the slingshot-design. It's a fine weapon, but not suited for bullets... I'm not experienced with crossbows, but there's one chap at my usual gun range in Boston who swears to a rather absurdly powerful crossbow with a little cup for a sling bullet or crossbow bolt. Ah, well, a good throw it is, I guess..."

"It was never meant for arrows now, I have seen the ones where you could possibly launch a small stone or ball but I prefer this design."
Rosario said.

He handed the crossbow back, "A beautiful weapon, but not suitable for launching a high velocity magical marble."

"No...it can not be used for that, but thank you it have served me well for a couple of years now. Why do you need to shoot a marble out of a weapon though?"
The Cultist said and took her weapon back.

He nodded, "Quite so. Ballistics is a very useful branch of science, but it's rather useless without either energy or mass... You need both for it to make sense as a whole. For starters."

"Indeed, and the Sphere system is just meant for a way to give a group of mages with vastly different Paradigm a way to compare their skills, that do not mean we should abandon our own Paradigms in favor of seeing the world though the eyes of the Spheres."
Crexia said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm

He gave a short nod at that, looking quite unhappy at that prospect. Thinking of such was slightly overwhelming, no matter what progress they made there was something more awful around the corner. But he put those thoughts out of mind and concetrated. They were in a Labyrinth...a David and Goliath undertaking even without considering the fact there was a portal to literal Oblivion hidden in it. Perhaps it would be fit to try to take down such a monster with the simplest tool and a Greek sense of humor. The marble would not be inscribed with 'dexai' as Greek sling shots but it would be a definite 'take that.' As Colin talked with Crexia and then checked out the crossbow, he pulled the cord out of his sweater and went to work making a sling. He took his knife and cut a small section of his sweatshirt off, stabbed a few holes in it, ran half each half of the cord through each side and tied it off with appropriate knots. Then he tested it a bit for length and to see if it would fall apart too easy and shrugged. Now they needed the marble...

"Shattering the marble is not a big concern we will find a means to do that, getting it and then making our way to the Node to use it before Abigail can activate her trap, let us hope she is overconfident and that she still think the Labyrinth can be saved and that she will not use the portal, for now though I think the only thing we can do it get the marble and make our way to the Node as quickly as possible and pray that the woman do not know that we know about her nuclear option." Crexia said then she sigh. "But yes we should get going, the sooner the better but keep your eyes open, something tell me this is not going to be easy."

"It hasn't been so far," he agreed. He offered out the makeshift sling. "This should help, if we need it."

// I can make a dex+craft skill check, given the short amount of time and makeshift materials but a sling is a pretty simple thing to make so I figure he might have a shot (accidental pun).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Crexia looked at the sling you had made and nodded.
"Can you use it Sodalis?"
She asked
"I am afraid it is quite a few years since I have used one of these as a weapon, or as a toy."
The old archmage said.
"Very well do anyone of you have any more questions or inputs before we go to retrieve the fail safe?"
She asked and looked around.
"For we really should get moving."

(OOC: Yes you can make a dex plus craft skill to see how well that makeshift sling works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Crexia looked at the sling you had made and nodded. "Can you use it Sodalis?" She asked "I am afraid it is quite a few years since I have used one of these as a weapon, or as a toy." The old archmage said.

"I believe so but whomever of us has the best skills for the job is the best bet," he replied, seeming if nothing else more determined and less gobsmacked. Making something useful had improved his attitude about the problem at least and if he had to complete the task, he now had something he could bolster with magick.

// craft+dex: 4,7,7,0 - well, it's a pretty good sling at least given the crude materials. Continues the 'running gag' about ruining his clothing to use it to make random stuff. As for if he can use it, what do you think? I think maybe? But it might also occur to him to just throw the thing if he thought his odds were better (and the task was on him).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2017 7:01 pm

"Well our healer have the best aim by far, her aim being her focus for her magick her skills are most impressive but I am not sure if she know how to use a sling and I doubt great aim will be needed, as long as the marble is shattered that should be enough, according to your Cabalmate, so tossing it hard should be enough but this might be good to have if the marble turns out to be high quality, dense glass or stone."
Crexia said then she gave you a slight smile.
"Also Sodalis this is quite well made under the circumstances."
She commented.
"Well we should move out then."

(OOC: That should do it, and yes Adley seam to never keep his sweaters long, he need to go shopping when the Nephandi have been taken care of. I would think he can use use, he was an active kid it is not beyond the realm of reason he would have played with one so that works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Chicago, Now:
"Off course at times sacrefices are needed to maintain morale, like for example when I did not kill the pawn back in the infirmary, it would have upset our healer to much. However for there to be someone there to appreciate art, they first have to survive, if this world cease to be, nothing that have ever done, no love, no art, no nothing will have any meaning, it will have never existed and that is why this mission is more important than my apprentice's relationships."
Crexia said firmly.
Colin nodded, "Naturally, I'm not disputing the need and urgency to stop the Labyrinths' shenanigans."

Boston, November:
"Well it certainly hurt enough to make magick very hard to do, not that I remember that much before waking up at the hospital...with needles in me..."
The girl muttered and whimpered.
"I am glad I was not shot in the head...I do not want to die that way, as for my survival I...am afraid to die so I am sort of glad I am live but when captured ike this, knowing what might happen...perhaps dying would have been...better."
She said softly and looked down fearfully.
He frowned, "Less uncomfortable, perhaps, but I wouldn't be so sure it would have been better..."

"I do not know...Diego hurt Tian allot, tortured him for the slightest mistake...passed him around to everyone in the Labyrinth who might desire him Miss Abigail and my Mentor included. I suppose he did the same with his other student, I do not know her that well."
She said in a tone of voice that said she found it regretfully but normal.
"But now Diego is gone is he not? He is not coming back? He can not harm anyone anymore?"
He smiled darkly, "The only way Diego is coming back is as accidental particles. There aren't many who really manage to aggravate me, but he managed... And yet, I refrained from corporeally kicking him when he was down."

"I doubt they would want a Nephandi lawman Mentor...I will settle for being left...complete..."
The girl said.
"Though I do like to figure things out, I am good at it."
He shrugged, "There might be objections to, ah, letting you out in the field at first, but you'd make a fine analyst, for starters."

"Traditionalists are weird who would not want to be that powerful?"
Anna muttered then she sigh.
"Ok if you say so Mentor, I will be careful."
She agreed.
He smiled wryly, "It's not the amount of power, but the flavour of it."

"Well you will be having them together."
Anna said then she grinned.
"I want to be in that wedding and see Freddy in a pretty dress and eat cake, and I can babysit your babies Mentor."
She declared and she seamed like a normal twelve year old with that request and then that illusion shattered with the next thing she said with the same voice as if it was completely natural.
"I know how men and women are different I have seen my first Mentor enjoy himself with prisoner many times and then cut them open, I have seen their insides."
He didn't even flinch, "Well, on the bright side, I won't have to teach you medicine. You probably know more about that than me already; at least the anatomy bits. And of course you'll be at the wedding."

"Well plants are nice, a pretty flower I would like that."
Anna said then she smiles again and chomped down on her food.
"And everything talks if you know how to listen...who is Jareth though Mentor? I have not heard that name before."
She asked.
He grinned, "Jareth is an owl. Some would say he's my owl, but really, he's a feral friend. I named him for the Goblin King, Jareth, from a movie called Labyrinth... It came out, oh... it must've been when I was about your age, I think? Maybe a couple years before that?"

"But I just...ah...in the past...damn now this is giving me a headache Sir."
Kyle said and gave you a confused look.
He grinned, "Now imagine being me, and remembering things across a six hundred year span over the course of a week... I needed a vacation when I came back."

Chicago, Now again:
"Well it is better to have Paradox dealt with before it hardens and have to be...cut...out for that I can imagine would be most unpleasant."
Colin nodded, "Quite so... well, there's an even chance plucking out hardened Paradox would be less of an outright embuggerance for me, but that's beside the point... I've made an exchange with the best of the best to deal with it under relatively controlled circumstances, but I couldn't well afford to do so before the raids; I might wind up... temporarily incapacitated for it, and that's a bad way to be in tactical operations."

"It was never meant for arrows now, I have seen the ones where you could possibly launch a small stone or ball but I prefer this design."
Rosario said.
"No...it can not be used for that, but thank you it have served me well for a couple of years now. Why do you need to shoot a marble out of a weapon though?"
The Cultist said and took her weapon back.
He smiled, "It's very well tended. There's an Oblivion portal, and the means of shutting it off is to fling a particular magical bead into the Node where it's at. Thus a slingshot or similar would be helpful."

"Indeed, and the Sphere system is just meant for a way to give a group of mages with vastly different Paradigm a way to compare their skills, that do not mean we should abandon our own Paradigms in favor of seeing the world though the eyes of the Spheres."
Crexia said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "And then there's the notion of early promotions in Sphere ratings, for practical or political reasons unrelated to actual skill... Well, unrelated to current ability, in any case..."

"It hasn't been so far," he agreed. He offered out the makeshift sling. "This should help, if we need it."
He gave a nod of approval, "Quick, sturdy work. Do you know how to use one effectively?"

"Very well do anyone of you have any more questions or inputs before we go to retrieve the fail safe?"
She asked and looked around.
"For we really should get moving."
He nodded, "Actually, one thing - do we prioritize miss Carlyle or the marbles? I believe the two personal rooms are so close as to make it a tactical concern..."

((OOC: Adley's suffering from Starfleet Captain's Syndrome - his sweater tears in action scenes. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 pm

He gave a nod of approval, "Quick, sturdy work. Do you know how to use one effectively?"

"Effective enough, I believe," he replied.

"Well our healer have the best aim by far, her aim being her focus for her magick her skills are most impressive but I am not sure if she know how to use a sling and I doubt great aim will be needed, as long as the marble is shattered that should be enough, according to your Cabalmate, so tossing it hard should be enough but this might be good to have if the marble turns out to be high quality, dense glass or stone."Crexia said then she gave you a slight smile. "Also Sodalis this is quite well made under the circumstances." She commented. "Well we should move out then."

"Then it seems the next step is to go find that out," he said. "Thank you," he added as she complimented the rough sling, tucking it away. He got his weapon ready again, looking towards the others.

He nodded, "Actually, one thing - do we prioritize miss Carlyle or the marbles? I believe the two personal rooms are so close as to make it a tactical concern..."

He pulled his phone out to check the map again, to see where Anna and Carlyle's rooms were. The latter was easy enough, with the 'do not enter' marked on it.

// Razz Razz Razz Better ripped-shirt Kirk then, and not just the Picard Maneuver

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 20, 2017 2:20 am

Chicago Now:

Colin nodded, "Naturally, I'm not disputing the need and urgency to stop the Labyrinths' shenanigans."

Crexia regarded you then she just nodded at that.

Boston November:

He frowned, "Less uncomfortable, perhaps, but I wouldn't be so sure it would have been better..."

"Currently no...it would not have been better but if I am sentenced then...death would have been far preferable."
Anna said and shivered.

He smiled darkly, "The only way Diego is coming back is as accidental particles. There aren't many who really manage to aggravate me, but he managed... And yet, I refrained from corporeally kicking him when he was down."

The little girl nodded and she sigh.
"Some among us ascribe to the idea, that since the world is imperfect and have to end, there should be no limits or reason for what they allow themselves to do and they give in to all of their impulses, Diego was one of those, he was weak."
She said with contempt then she turned serious and plucked at her piercing.
"I assume he was...put though...that..."
She whispered.

He shrugged, "There might be objections to, ah, letting you out in the field at first, but you'd make a fine analyst, for starters."

"I...might be at that, possibly, I would settle for being let out of this cell though."
Anna grumbled.

He smiled wryly, "It's not the amount of power, but the flavour of it."

"Yeah..I guess you are right...she would make a good Oracle then."
The young Nephandus finally agreed.

He didn't even flinch, "Well, on the bright side, I won't have to teach you medicine. You probably know more about that than me already; at least the anatomy bits. And of course you'll be at the wedding."

"Well yeah I know how the bits are put together, but I do not really know how to heal, my old Mentor was never to big on that."
She muttered and looked down then she smiled again.
"I would like that to be at the wedding."
She commented.

He grinned, "Jareth is an owl. Some would say he's my owl, but really, he's a feral friend. I named him for the Goblin King, Jareth, from a movie called Labyrinth... It came out, oh... it must've been when I was about your age, I think? Maybe a couple years before that?"

"I have not seen that movie Mentor, but owls are cute."
Anna said and smiled to you.

He grinned, "Now imagine being me, and remembering things across a six hundred year span over the course of a week... I needed a vacation when I came back."

"Yeah...I can imagine Sir, though it is all the back and forth in time that seam tiresome to me, that me telling you something now could change what happens two months back, that is a little mind boggling, or something that for you back then have not happened yet."

Chicago Now Again:

Colin nodded, "Quite so... well, there's an even chance plucking out hardened Paradox would be less of an outright embuggerance for me, but that's beside the point... I've made an exchange with the best of the best to deal with it under relatively controlled circumstances, but I couldn't well afford to do so before the raids; I might wind up... temporarily incapacitated for it, and that's a bad way to be in tactical operations."

Olamide raised an eyebrow as she regarded you.
"Hum...well if it is not to much Paradox one can always wait to bleed it of, but if one get to much at once...it should be dealt with not to mention being hit by Dox like that hurts like hell."
She muttered and frowned.
"I am glad you are having it taken care of."

He smiled, "It's very well tended. There's an Oblivion portal, and the means of shutting it off is to fling a particular magical bead into the Node where it's at. Thus a slingshot or similar would be helpful."

"A what now...oh fuck that sounds really, really epically bad!"
Rosario muttered and paled.
"What would happen if we would get sucked into that?"
She asked then she looked at her crossbow and muttered as an afterthought.
"I ehm...try to take care of my things...and this is important...well ehm...I guess we could use some other means to break that bead, and why on earth a bead?"

He smiled wryly, "And then there's the notion of early promotions in Sphere ratings, for practical or political reasons unrelated to actual skill... Well, unrelated to current ability, in any case..."

"It is, like I said it is a ranking system far more than a practical philosophy of magick."
Crexia agreed.

"We prioritize the marbles, for now as long as she have Miss Carlyle Abigail might think there is still hope, but if she loose that resource she might activate that trap of hers, unless the girl directly attack us first we try to close this portal down first and then come back to deal with her."
Crexia said firmly.

"Then it seems the next step is to go find that out," he said. "Thank you," he added as she complimented the rough sling, tucking it away. He got his weapon ready again, looking towards the others.

Crexia nodded. None of the others said anything for now.

He pulled his phone out to check the map again, to see where Anna and Carlyle's rooms were. The latter was easy enough, with the 'do not enter' marked on it.

Anna's room was not that far of, just around the bend, while Carlyle's room was one corridor down from that.

(OOC: I think Captain Kirk and big busted anime girls use the same type of fabric for their shirts. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Boston, November:
"Currently no...it would not have been better but if I am sentenced then...death would have been far preferable."
Anna said and shivered.
Colin smiled and stroked anna gently on the back, "Perhaps, but one worry at a time. They won't exact sentence until you're healthy enough to endure it... and funny thing, I have a feeling you're going to have medical professionals vouching for your failing health for a long time..."

The little girl nodded and she sigh.
"Some among us ascribe to the idea, that since the world is imperfect and have to end, there should be no limits or reason for what they allow themselves to do and they give in to all of their impulses, Diego was one of those, he was weak."
She said with contempt then she turned serious and plucked at her piercing.
"I assume he was...put though...that..."
She whispered.
He nodded, "And he, pitiful fellow that he was, didn't go to his fate with dignity or pride. Jodelle, on the other hand, now she went in unbroken. At the end, she did make out a friendly, respectful face in the crowd... She was a fine warrior; one I'm glad to have made the acquaintance of, enemy or no."

"I...might be at that, possibly, I would settle for being let out of this cell though."
Anna grumbled.
He smiled, "I do believe there are some holiday arrangements in the works; a bit of a trip out of the country for us both soon."

"Yeah..I guess you are right...she would make a good Oracle then."
The young Nephandus finally agreed.
He smiled, "Compassionate, clever, determined... Yes, she will, one day..."

"Well yeah I know how the bits are put together, but I do not really know how to heal, my old Mentor was never to big on that."
She muttered and looked down then she smiled again.
"I would like that to be at the wedding."
She commented.
He grinned wryly, "I'm no good at healing, either, so it's not something we'll dig into much on my part in any case. And of course you'll have a good seat at the wedding; you're family, after all."

"I have not seen that movie Mentor, but owls are cute."
Anna said and smiled to you.
He nodded, "I'll see if you're awake next time he comes by. At any rate, I expect you'll meet soon enough. And we'll have to arrange a movie night soon."

"Yeah...I can imagine Sir, though it is all the back and forth in time that seam tiresome to me, that me telling you something now could change what happens two months back, that is a little mind boggling, or something that for you back then have not happened yet."
He grinned, "Like when I remembered a conversation in twenty years, where an old friend told me of how I'd told him how a renegade Technocrat cyborg helped with the Liv Bergen rescue, after which I located and recruited said ex-Technocrat to help us? That gave me a mild headache, but the team I was with, oh, you should have seen their faces when they tried to figure out where the loop began and ended..."

Chicago, Now:
Olamide raised an eyebrow as she regarded you.
"Hum...well if it is not to much Paradox one can always wait to bleed it of, but if one get to much at once...it should be dealt with not to mention being hit by Dox like that hurts like hell."
She muttered and frowned.
"I am glad you are having it taken care of."
He nodded, "I don't have too much Paradox bouncing around in my system yet, but the old Marauder we encountered a few days back was... well, she was less generous than she otherwise might have been."

"A what now...oh fuck that sounds really, really epically bad!"
Rosario muttered and paled.
"What would happen if we would get sucked into that?"
She asked then she looked at her crossbow and muttered as an afterthought.
"I ehm...try to take care of my things...and this is important...well ehm...I guess we could use some other means to break that bead, and why on earth a bead?"
He grimaced, "If we get sucked into that, i rather expect Nothing would happen... Capital N, in the most absolute and permanent sense... As for why a bead... camouflage. It's hidden in plain sight."

"We prioritize the marbles, for now as long as she have Miss Carlyle Abigail might think there is still hope, but if she loose that resource she might activate that trap of hers, unless the girl directly attack us first we try to close this portal down first and then come back to deal with her."
Crexia said firmly.
He nodded, "Very good. Just so we're all clear on the proper order of things."

((OOC: "Chief Morgan, you're trained Adley well, but I've got to ask, what's with the tactical disrobing?" Wink ))
((OOC2: Today is a hot day; too hot for comfort. Lethargy, torpor and siesta are the words for the day...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled and stroked anna gently on the back, "Perhaps, but one worry at a time. They won't exact sentence until you're healthy enough to endure it... and funny thing, I have a feeling you're going to have medical professionals vouching for your failing health for a long time..."

Anna looked at you she looked afraid and hesitant.
"But what if I get better, will they sentence me then Mentor?"
The young Nephandus asked nervously an plucked at her lip piercing.

He nodded, "And he, pitiful fellow that he was, didn't go to his fate with dignity or pride. Jodelle, on the other hand, now she went in unbroken. At the end, she did make out a friendly, respectful face in the crowd... She was a fine warrior; one I'm glad to have made the acquaintance of, enemy or no."

"No I do not suspect that he did."
Anna muttered.
"I suspect there was crying and begging and wetting himself before he even got into...what di not call it? The Sentencing Hall?"
The little girl said and sigh then she looked down at her hands.
"Yeah Miss Jerkins was always brave, I miss her to, and I am glad to hear she was brave...at the end."
She said then she looked up at you tears in her eyes.
"Do you think I will be...brave I mean, at the end...I have a feeling I would cry, and panic and well be anything but dignified and will you then think less of me Mentor?"

He smiled, "I do believe there are some holiday arrangements in the works; a bit of a trip out of the country for us both soon."

"Really Mentor? Where would we be going?"
The girl asked, still nervous but now curious as well.

He smiled, "Compassionate, clever, determined... Yes, she will, one day..."

Anna nodded.
"I like Freddy, she is always nice to me so I agree, she will kick ass."

He grinned wryly, "I'm no good at healing, either, so it's not something we'll dig into much on my part in any case. And of course you'll have a good seat at the wedding; you're family, after all."

The girl smiled to you and squeezed your hand affectionately.
"You are my new Mentor."
She said then she nodded.
"Perhaps Beatrice can teach me healing one day, when she is able to use magick again, I have been told she is hurt and it is not a topic I should ask her about...like ever..."

He nodded, "I'll see if you're awake next time he comes by. At any rate, I expect you'll meet soon enough. And we'll have to arrange a movie night soon."

"I would like that Mentor, both meeting your owl friend and a movie night."
The girl said and smiled.

He grinned, "Like when I remembered a conversation in twenty years, where an old friend told me of how I'd told him how a renegade Technocrat cyborg helped with the Liv Bergen rescue, after which I located and recruited said ex-Technocrat to help us? That gave me a mild headache, but the team I was with, oh, you should have seen their faces when they tried to figure out where the loop began and ended..."

"Yeah that must have been confusing Sir. I mean, really confusing. I do wonder though what happens if you change something, let us say something, heaven forbids happens to your friend before he can give you that message in the future, what will then happen to your rescue of Miss Bergen in the past?"
Kyle asked, he seamed to be quite interested in what you where talking about.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "I don't have too much Paradox bouncing around in my system yet, but the old Marauder we encountered a few days back was... well, she was less generous than she otherwise might have been."

"Ah yes Marauders, mages who like to share. Well Paradox is a problem we all share, a cost of being what we are, but at least we can protect ourselves by learning how to manage it."
Olamide said and nodded.

He grimaced, "If we get sucked into that, i rather expect Nothing would happen... Capital N, in the most absolute and permanent sense... As for why a bead... camouflage. It's hidden in plain sight."

"I see...now that is...terrifying...very very terrifying."
Rosario muttered and swallowed hard.
"I would say everyone should save a bullet for themselves if things really go wrong then but the question is if that would help."
She said and shuddered.
"Well hiding something in plain sight is often the best way to hide something."
The Cultist agreed.

Crexia nodded and begun to lead the group of mages out of the small corridor and then she turned around the corner into the corridor that had the infirmary, there you could hear the sound of combat, guns going of, someone screaming, a man shouting in the Dragon's Tongue, in a nearby corridor clearly there was one hell of a fight going on. Crexia lifted one hand to stop the group.
"We need to figure out what is going on..."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Boston, November:
Anna looked at you she looked afraid and hesitant.
"But what if I get better, will they sentence me then Mentor?"
The young Nephandus asked nervously an plucked at her lip piercing.
Colin sighed, "At some point, when I can no longer stall, there will be a trial... At that point, it is my hope you'll have reverted your Avatar, and the trial concludes with a full acquittal."

"No I do not suspect that he did."
Anna muttered.
"I suspect there was crying and begging and wetting himself before he even got into...what di not call it? The Sentencing Hall?"
The little girl said and sigh then she looked down at her hands.
"Yeah Miss Jerkins was always brave, I miss her to, and I am glad to hear she was brave...at the end."
She said then she looked up at you tears in her eyes.
"Do you think I will be...brave I mean, at the end...I have a feeling I would cry, and panic and well be anything but dignified and will you then think less of me Mentor?"
He smiled sadly, "I've... been on the receiving end of such pain, and I held Bee when... well... I think you'd be brave, but whatever happens, you'll still be my precious first Apprentice."

"Really Mentor? Where would we be going?"
The girl asked, still nervous but now curious as well.
He grinned, "I'll let you know when I know for certain, alright?"

The girl smiled to you and squeezed your hand affectionately.
"You are my new Mentor."
She said then she nodded.
"Perhaps Beatrice can teach me healing one day, when she is able to use magick again, I have been told she is hurt and it is not a topic I should ask her about...like ever..."
He nodded sagely, "Perhaps... She certainly knows her healing arts, but she was badly traumatized when... well, when they came for her Avatar. They were stopped, and she lives, with her Avatar mostly intact, but it hurt her. Badly. There's only so much I can do for her... She'll perhaps speak of it one day, when she is ready, but until then, we don't speak of it."

"Yeah that must have been confusing Sir. I mean, really confusing. I do wonder though what happens if you change something, let us say something, heaven forbids happens to your friend before he can give you that message in the future, what will then happen to your rescue of Miss Bergen in the past?"
Kyle asked, he seamed to be quite interested in what you where talking about.
He frowned, "Then I'll have to hope another old friend can remind me at the time. It's something of a clusterfuck, if you'll forgive the expression. I just hope it works out somewhat smoothly..."

Chicago, Now:
"I see...now that is...terrifying...very very terrifying."
Rosario muttered and swallowed hard.
"I would say everyone should save a bullet for themselves if things really go wrong then but the question is if that would help."
She said and shuddered.
"Well hiding something in plain sight is often the best way to hide something."
The Cultist agreed.
He shrugged, "If that should happen, a bullet would probably be too late at that point. Let's focus on preventing that particular outcome instead."

Crexia nodded and begun to lead the group of mages out of the small corridor and then she turned around the corner into the corridor that had the infirmary, there you could hear the sound of combat, guns going of, someone screaming, a man shouting in the Dragon's Tongue, in a nearby corridor clearly there was one hell of a fight going on. Crexia lifted one hand to stop the group.
She commented.
He sighed with barely audible relief, "I can't discern what he's saying, but I can try to take a look through the stonework... That's liable to be detected, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Boston November:

Colin sighed, "At some point, when I can no longer stall, there will be a trial... At that point, it is my hope you'll have reverted your Avatar, and the trial concludes with a full acquittal."

Anna sigh and looked up at the roof tears in her eyes.
"I...will not have reverted my Avatar Mentor, I do not want to as I see nothing wrong with it. I like my Avatar as it is. I will cooperate but something tell me I will need more than fear of that ritual to...do such and impossible feat so to me what you are saying is that there is little hope...just an extension before...that happens..."

He smiled sadly, "I've... been on the receiving end of such pain, and I held Bee when... well... I think you'd be brave, but whatever happens, you'll still be my precious first Apprentice."

The young Nephanda looked at you concerned.
"Miss Warden hurt you did she not?"
She muttered then she looked down.
"Well considering I freak out over needles, scream, shout and hide under the bed I doubt I will react much better to something much, much, much worse."
She said mournfully.
"Is that why Bee is...hurt, they tried to...Gilgul her?"
The girl said and winced at the word, as did Kyle.
"Was she brave when...they tried?"
Kyle said nothing but he was shivering and had balled his hands into firsts, how he would face the potential of his trial not ending well also weighted heavily on his mind.

He grinned, "I'll let you know when I know for certain, alright?"

Anna nodded at that.
"Yeah sure Mentor that works."

He nodded sagely, "Perhaps... She certainly knows her healing arts, but she was badly traumatized when... well, when they came for her Avatar. They were stopped, and she lives, with her Avatar mostly intact, but it hurt her. Badly. There's only so much I can do for her... She'll perhaps speak of it one day, when she is ready, but until then, we don't speak of it."

"I...I did not know..."
Anna muttered.
"I will not mention it to her or ask any questions, she must have been terrified...will she be able to work her magick again?"
She asked with a compassionate look in her eyes.
"They came for her since she is a widderslainte?"
She asked and then cast a worried look at Kyle.

He frowned, "Then I'll have to hope another old friend can remind me at the time. It's something of a clusterfuck, if you'll forgive the expression. I just hope it works out somewhat smoothly..."

"Yeah it must be a complicated thing to sort out."
Kyle said and sigh.
"What then happens if you take my advice about using a venom blade for Anna's serum doses, and therefore she do not need comfort today and so we never talk about it so I never have the idea and mention it...how will that work out Sir?"
Kyle asked and Anna gave you a confused look.

Chicago Now:

He shrugged, "If that should happen, a bullet would probably be too late at that point. Let's focus on preventing that particular outcome instead."

"Yes you will have no argument from me Sir, but do let me say that these Nephandi are effing insane."
Rosario muttered grumpily.

He sighed with barely audible relief, "I can't discern what he's saying, but I can try to take a look through the stonework... That's liable to be detected, though."

Crexia considered for a moment as the sounds of combat continued, there was another scream, a man this time, then a low groan of pain and she nodded.
"Do it young man but be careful, it is a risk but we have to figure out who is fighting and with who."
She ordered and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 21, 2017 1:52 am

Crexia said firmly.

"Very well."

Anna's room was not that far of, just around the bend, while Carlyle's room was one corridor down from that.

Adley showed Colin and Crexia the map on his phone, pointing out the two rooms and then put it back away.

Crexia considered for a moment as the sounds of combat continued, there was another scream, a man this time, then a low groan of pain and she nodded.
"Do it young man but be careful, it is a risk but we have to figure out who is fighting and with who."
She ordered and frowned.

He frowned, hearing a battle raging on and thinking back to the map and what the area ahead looked like. He put himself in a defensive stance to protect Cara, Nancy and Rosario behind his sheilds, gun drawn and watchful. He didn't say anything, not wanting to give their position away yet but was ready to move in case something happened while Colin was spying.

// Razz

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2017 3:41 am

Adley showed Colin and Crexia the map on his phone, pointing out the two rooms and then put it back away.

Crexia glanced at the phone and nodded.
"Very well let us hope Miss Carlyle are to hurt to notice us, luckily the girl's room are before hers, but once we have the marble we have to move past Carlyle's chambers to get to the Node."
She commented.

He frowned, hearing a battle raging on and thinking back to the map and what the area ahead looked like.

"It would be the corridor that had Anna's room as well as other living quarters.

He put himself in a defensive stance to protect Cara, Nancy and Rosario behind his sheilds, gun drawn and watchful. He didn't say anything, not wanting to give their position away yet but was ready to move in case something happened while Colin was spying.

Rosario put another arrow on her crossbow. Cara formed her hands into the starting position of a spell, the same did Udella and Olamide. Leon drew his gun and made ready. Crexia did nothing but you could see the woman was tense and ready to move and Nancy flipped her knife open. The sounds continued, screams, shouts, gunshots, chanting in the Nephandi Language and in Chinese and the sound of a body hitting a wall...hard.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next