Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am

"I think he got an object lesson about that just earlier."
"So he did, so he did..."
Crexia agreed with a wry smile.
Colin sighed, "So I did."

"Interesting, I would ask if you have created a new spell to use for such thing but I suspect it would be a waste of time to ask you to tell me anything."
The prisoner said and glanced up at you but he was interested a burning desire for knowledge was in his eyes.
He nodded, "As it happens, I did - it's the same principle as I used to set the main Node here ablaze. And, for that matter, how I made your Ball of Abysmal Flame spit out that rather disgusting-looking primal shard you probably noticed. But more details - no, I don't think that would be wise. Or legal."

"Your plan is to turn the Lady of the Labyrinth into a vampire?"
The prisoner asked he sounded quite shocked.
"Well if you get close enough perhaps she is not as good as I think, but I doubt that you will, go ahead then Traditionalist, do your worst."
He said but he sounded rather uncertain and terrified swallowing hard again.
He shook his head, "I intend to see her captured alive and dragged to trial on Horizon. Having her captured undead and dragged to the trial, however, is... an acceptable compromise."

"I...have nothing to say..."
The Fallen Hermetic said softly, he gave you a pleading, fearful look though he was clearly terrified but he was also completely loyal to Abigail and her cause and willing to suffer for it.
He frowned and nodded, "You've got courage, man, I'll grant you that..."
He sighed, voice sounding a few decades older as he turned to Crexia, "I don't think he's going to tell us anything. Doing... that... would be needlessly petty, vindictive and cruel in any case; it's bad enough that he knows what is waiting... Anything more would truly be an abomination..."
He dragged a hand slowly down his face, "Don't get me wrong, if I'd thought there was anything to actually gain from doing that... but it is not so. Thank God."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:08 am

He nodded, "As it happens, I did - it's the same principle as I used to set the main Node here ablaze. And, for that matter, how I made your Ball of Abysmal Flame spit out that rather disgusting-looking primal shard you probably noticed. But more details - no, I don't think that would be wise. Or legal."

"Hum...so that was you as well, this magick you have used are most interesting."
The Nephandus said he clearly had to try to resist the urge to ask you more about it, being to eager for such information could be seen as a weakness so he bit his tongue he looked quite interested though and cocked his head to the side as he regarded you.

He shook his head, "I intend to see her captured alive and dragged to trial on Horizon. Having her captured undead and dragged to the trial, however, is... an acceptable compromise."

"You will find that the Lady will not be an easy catch Traditionalist."
The prisoner huffed.
"She is a powerful maga."

He frowned and nodded, "You've got courage, man, I'll grant you that..."

The Nephandus looked at you wide eyed and fearful he did not respond though he was struggeling with keeping his breath even and calm.

He sighed, voice sounding a few decades older as he turned to Crexia, "I don't think he's going to tell us anything. Doing... that... would be needlessly petty, vindictive and cruel in any case; it's bad enough that he knows what is waiting... Anything more would truly be an abomination..."

Crexia nodded she regarded the man.
"No doing...that...would be needlessly cruel and I doubt he would tell us anything, torturing a Massassa for information can be easier than a human man though since they can take more damage and not die, and besides he would be broken by the process itself, there would be no need to tear him down further...but no he should be granted a trial it is his right he was a Hermetic once."
She said and looked at the prisoner sadly.
"And yes knowing what is coming can not be...easy."

He dragged a hand slowly down his face, "Don't get me wrong, if I'd thought there was anything to actually gain from doing that... but it is not so. Thank God."

"Other than durability there is little to gain, and I have broken men without such healing abilities before...I can do it again...I need the rest of you to step back this will take time so I will make a bubble around him and me...ah yes I will need some of those supplies some water and food for him...and I will get us the information we need..."
She said sounding tired.
"I had hoped not to have to use those particular skills again, but I was once the best torturer my House had during the war with House Diedne."
She said and Andy scowled at her but said nothing. The prisoner looked extremely relieved, he seamed to welcome any kind of torture that did not involve being turned into a vampire, anything but that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:37 pm

"Hum...so that was you as well, this magick you have used are most interesting."
The Nephandus said he clearly had to try to resist the urge to ask you more about it, being to eager for such information could be seen as a weakness so he bit his tongue he looked quite interested though and cocked his head to the side as he regarded you.
Colin smiled enigmatically, "Not bad for an Orphan, with barely even his first Initiate rank registered..."

"You will find that the Lady will not be an easy catch Traditionalist."
The prisoner huffed.
"She is a powerful maga."
He nodded, "All the same, her time is up. With the Jade Demon also having had his fill of her antics, I suspect she'll be lucky to end up in our custody rather than his..."

Crexia nodded she regarded the man.
"No doing...that...would be needlessly cruel and I doubt he would tell us anything, torturing a Massassa for information can be easier than a human man though since they can take more damage and not die, and besides he would be broken by the process itself, there would be no need to tear him down further...but no he should be granted a trial it is his right he was a Hermetic once."
She said and looked at the prisoner sadly.
"And yes knowing what is coming can not be...easy."
He nodded, "Of all the ideals to cling to from that, he retained the Valour of Flambeau... Inconvenient, true, but perhaps a small light in the darkness; maybe not all he once was is lost."

"Other than durability there is little to gain, and I have broken men without such healing abilities before...I can do it again...I need the rest of you to step back this will take time so I will make a bubble around him and me...ah yes I will need some of those supplies some water and food for him...and I will get us the information we need..."
She said sounding tired.
"I had hoped not to have to use those particular skills again, but I was once the best torturer my House had during the war with House Diedne."
She said and Andy scowled at her but said nothing. The prisoner looked extremely relieved, he seamed to welcome any kind of torture that did not involve being turned into a vampire, anything but that.
He turned, looking at the Nephandus with an expression of unadulterated sympathy, "You've been given a taste of the Tremere, haven't you? I'm sorry for what is about to happen - the good lady is one of the last survivors of that once-great House, from before it fell... Almost a millennium of grudges, are you sure you'd not rather surrender your information willingly? Last chance, I'm afraid..."

((OOC: Colin might not know the exact year Tremere fell, but within a couple hundred years should still be close enough to qualify as "almost a millennium", wouldn't you say? Wink Manip+Intimidate: 6,7,7,9. Better. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Not bad for an Orphan, with barely even his first Initiate rank registered..."

"I find Orphans to often be extremely resourceful in using what magick they have managed to scrape by."
The prisoner said and raised an eyebrow.
"But yes not bad at all...unbearably frustrating but not bad."

He nodded, "All the same, her time is up. With the Jade Demon also having had his fill of her antics, I suspect she'll be lucky to end up in our custody rather than his..."

The Nephandus frowned at that, he did not say anything about it, he knew you where right but he was not ready to admit it so he just scowled at you.

He nodded, "Of all the ideals to cling to from that, he retained the Valour of Flambeau... Inconvenient, true, but perhaps a small light in the darkness; maybe not all he once was is lost."

"Yes House Flambeau indeed have valor, I just wish this man had not wasted his courage and strength in fighting for the Nephandi. His valor might be a small light in the darkness of his corruption...but I fear such a small light will not be able to save him."
Crexia said and frowned. The prisoner said nothing he looked at you with an odd expression in his blue eyes though, as if he did not know what to say, then he looked away and sigh.

He turned, looking at the Nephandus with an expression of unadulterated sympathy, "You've been given a taste of the Tremere, haven't you? I'm sorry for what is about to happen - the good lady is one of the last survivors of that once-great House, from before it fell... Almost a millennium of grudges, are you sure you'd not rather surrender your information willingly? Last chance, I'm afraid..."

The Nephandus looked at you quite terrified again then he looked at Crexia and softly swore under his breath, swallowing hard her muttered.
"I have nothing to say."
But he was shaking with fear. Crexia gave a regretful sigh.
"Leave the room once someone bring me the supplies I need to keep him alive, looking at the time bubble will be disturbing...in more ways than one, I do not want any of you to see that."
She said in a soft tone of voice and that was not exactly reassuring the poor prisoner.
"Wait I...I..."
He said...hesitating but he was scared now, very scared.
"I can't please don't do this...I can't betray the Lady of the Labyrinth...please..."
There seamed to be a wedge in his courage.

(OOC: It was around 1010 so a millenium is about right.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:30 pm

"I find Orphans to often be extremely resourceful in using what magick they have managed to scrape by."
The prisoner said and raised an eyebrow.
"But yes not bad at all...unbearably frustrating but not bad."
Colin just nodded.

"Yes House Flambeau indeed have valor, I just wish this man had not wasted his courage and strength in fighting for the Nephandi. His valor might be a small light in the darkness of his corruption...but I fear such a small light will not be able to save him."
Crexia said and frowned. The prisoner said nothing he looked at you with an odd expression in his blue eyes though, as if he did not know what to say, then he looked away and sigh.
He sighed, "Wishful thinking..."

The Nephandus looked at you quite terrified again then he looked at Crexia and softly swore under his breath, swallowing hard her muttered.
"I have nothing to say."
But he was shaking with fear. Crexia gave a regretful sigh.
"Leave the room once someone bring me the supplies I need to keep him alive, looking at the time bubble will be disturbing...in more ways than one, I do not want any of you to see that."
She said in a soft tone of voice and that was not exactly reassuring the poor prisoner.
"Wait I...I..."
He said...hesitating but he was scared now, very scared.
"I can't please don't do this...I can't betray the Lady of the Labyrinth...please..."
There seamed to be a wedge in his courage.
Colin hesitated for a moment, then straightened his back with a mix of regret and resolve in his eyes, "First Protocol; Respect Those of Greater Knowledge. Sixth Protocol; Conspire Not with the Enemies of Ascension... I can do nothing more for you than bring in a little sustenance for what you're about to endure. For what it's worth... I'm sorry."
He strode out of the room and looked for the basket of snacks, for a few bottles of water and a couple of sandwiches, if there was anything left...

((OOC: Well, Tremere and his closest may have become vampires just before the Schism War, but they weren't thrown out of the Order of Hermes for vampirism until 1202, so Colin's probably thinking more of the later date... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm

He sighed, "Wishful thinking..."

Crexia sigh and nodded.
"Even the mighty at times fall, and it is tragic either way when someone choose the path of the Nephandi."
She said, the prisoner looked like he wanted to protest but he found it safer not to.

Colin hesitated for a moment, then straightened his back with a mix of regret and resolve in his eyes, "First Protocol; Respect Those of Greater Knowledge. Sixth Protocol; Conspire Not with the Enemies of Ascension... I can do nothing more for you than bring in a little sustenance for what you're about to endure. For what it's worth... I'm sorry."

The prisoner looked at you his eyes wide, he tried to struggle against his bonds but quickly found that to be rather futile and stopped.
"I have been...tortured before I did not break then I will not break now."
He said though he looked uncertain. Crexia sigh and hunched down to pat the man on the shoulder.
"I have never failed to make someone talk...the information I have gotten have not always been usable, I can tell if you are lying but you might not be in a good enough state of mind to make sense, however talk you will and I think the chances are good we can use at least some of the information, my biggest concern is that in the state you will be in when I am done...well the man who just spoke with you and several others in my team they will feel compassion for your suffering, and as you will no longer be you...you will be broken and helpless, almost childlike and terrified, my team are to kind they will feel protective of you, they will want to comfort you and then they will become attached and things will get difficult when you have to be sent to Horizon for...well you know what will happen to you there...I would rather avoid upsetting my team like that...but I will do what must be done."
She said before she stood up again. The Nephandus whimpered and looked at you with pleading eyes as if he did not want to be left with the archmage, yes there where a few other magi in the room but Crexia was awfully close and the Fallen Hermetic was very, very scared now.

He strode out of the room and looked for the basket of snacks, for a few bottles of water and a couple of sandwiches, if there was anything left...

You found the basket, there where a two sandwiches and three bottles of water left after everyone had gotten food and water, and the ammo and Tass had been distributed.

(OOC: What happened when vary a little with what source you use. In Ars and 1 edition everything happened around the turn of the millennium, and House Tremere declared war on Diedne because they knew the Order would fall apart without an enemy and a way to show the power of House Guernicus. The later in 2 edition WW decided that Ars would not be the background for Mage and things where changed to fit WoD more here Tremere became vampires before the war and they declared war on Diedne because they wanted their secrets of blood magick and it was not discovered until a few centuries later that the whole bloody House had become vampires, I think the first edition version are more likely than a whole House being vampires for 200 years without being discovered so I usually go by that. Then again Colin is not an expert on Order of Hermes history.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:27 pm

"Well there is not allot here, there are ebooks on the occult, ancient history and linguistics. There ae a few contacts including some we have seen before I am saving those, all messages are deleted but I will copy the content so I can try to retrieve those later." The Virtual Adept said as he looked though the phone.

"Thank you."

"I will take care of it." Andy said and once the man was healed, before he woke up she sliced her own finger open and begun to draw symbols over the man's skin, after a while she said. "There are some scars I am sure are from combat, bullets, a old knife wound, at some point in time he have been whipped badly and healed but some of it is left, he have broken his left arm once and it have been magically healed, his left big toe once and that was left to heal on it's own, he have two tattoos, there are off course all the smaller little nicks one would expect from just living and that is about that."

He held out a hand to slow her a moment as she went to touch him. "If you have to touch him with an open wound, it might be better to clean the spot first. I may be overly cautious, but...I'd rather be that than sorry later." He listened as she detailed what she found. "Hm, could an investment mark seem like a tattoo?"

Crexia glanced at the prisoner. "It makes me wonder what part of the Code he have not broken." She muttered. "The Quesitors will have a field day with this one." Then she looked at the man's tools. "Burn them."

"Very well," he said. "For now I'll keep them in this bundle until I do that."

You could feel your Avatar draw further into your soul and shift nervously at the sight of that thermos and at hearing the threats around it, you felt both anger, sadness and fear from her...and now she drew away from it into the deepest part of your soul where she felt safe.

It was a disconcerting feeling, his avatar /retreating/ even if were deeper within him. It left him feeling both protective of her and also a sense of feeling alone. He was used to her always being 'there' up front with him in the midst of things, not curled away within him as some avatars must do. She was still there, he knew, but he felt this duality of wanting to protect her and also stranded on a shore of things. Like the sun had gone behind the clouds for a moment.. He thought of Carmon, friend to Einje, a former host that he felt that he'd walked in the spirit-skin of for a moment in his madness and shivered.

He sighed, voice sounding a few decades older as he turned to Crexia, "I don't think he's going to tell us anything. Doing... that... would be needlessly petty, vindictive and cruel in any case; it's bad enough that he knows what is waiting... Anything more would truly be an abomination..." He dragged a hand slowly down his face, "Don't get me wrong, if I'd thought there was anything to actually gain from doing that... but it is not so. Thank God."
She said sounding tired. "I had hoped not to have to use those particular skills again, but I was once the best torturer my House had during the war with House Diedne."

He tried to keep the relief off of his face, or at least not apparent to the prisoner. Not that torture was bound to be something he wished would be employed, nor was he sure what good it might do, but he'd not wanted to use the vampire blood on Matty and he found, unsurprisingly, he did not want to see it used on anyone, at all.

Crexia gave a regretful sigh. "Leave the room once someone bring me the supplies I need to keep him alive, looking at the time bubble will be disturbing...in more ways than one, I do not want any of you to see that." She said in a soft tone of voice and that was not exactly reassuring the poor prisoner.
Colin hesitated for a moment, then straightened his back with a mix of regret and resolve in his eyes, "First Protocol; Respect Those of Greater Knowledge. Sixth Protocol; Conspire Not with the Enemies of Ascension... I can do nothing more for you than bring in a little sustenance for what you're about to endure. For what it's worth... I'm sorry." He strode out of the room and looked for the basket of snacks

He looked over at their Commander with a frown and then glanced at the others present. "Is there anything you need of me, any other orders?" he asked, eyes tracking Colin as he went to fetch supplies.

"I have been...tortured before I did not break then I will not break now." He said though he looked uncertain.
Crexia sigh and hunched down to pat the man on the shoulder. "I have never failed to make someone talk...the information I have gotten have not always been usable, I can tell if you are lying but you might not be in a good enough state of mind to make sense, however talk you will and I think the chances are good we can use at least some of the information, my biggest concern is that in the state you will be in when I am done...well the man who just spoke with you and several others in my team they will feel compassion for your suffering, and as you will no longer be you...you will be broken and helpless, almost childlike and terrified, my team are to kind they will feel protective of you, they will want to comfort you and then they will become attached and things will get difficult when you have to be sent to Horizon for...well you know what will happen to you there...I would rather avoid upsetting my team like that...but I will do what must be done."

Crexia, in her pragmatic way, was probably right about how it would effect the team. Even if he was a soldier, torture was...well, they'd already had a discussion on it at his own chantry. And now, having felt Dylan's various tortures as if they were his own skin and mind, he could not say that it would have no effect on him if he witnessed it happening to someone else. Even if it was a last resort. He spoke up. "May I ask the prisoner something, ma'am?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:12 pm

"Thank you."

Zach grinned.
"Ah no problem, I mean that is why you bring along the geek squad into a Labyrinth is it not?"
He joked.

He held out a hand to slow her a moment as she went to touch him. "If you have to touch him with an open wound, it might be better to clean the spot first. I may be overly cautious, but...I'd rather be that than sorry later." He listened as she detailed what she found. "Hm, could an investment mark seem like a tattoo?"

Andy looked at you and stopped, she nodded and wiped of the spot she intended to work at on the man's arm with the hand wash before she drew the symbols in her own blood there and placed her bleeding hand over it.
"I have seen Investment marks, we have one of the infernalist shits at my Chantry as well, same group as the guy at Mor...ehm no names right, well you get what I mean, and this do not feel like that, so I think it is just tattoos, but I can not be sure."
Andy said and frowned.
"It just feel like old ink in his skin nothing more."

"Very well," he said. "For now I'll keep them in this bundle until I do that."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Thank you Sodalis."

It was a disconcerting feeling, his avatar /retreating/ even if were deeper within him. It left him feeling both protective of her and also a sense of feeling alone. He was used to her always being 'there' up front with him in the midst of things, not curled away within him as some avatars must do. She was still there, he knew, but he felt this duality of wanting to protect her and also stranded on a shore of things. Like the sun had gone behind the clouds for a moment.. He thought of Carmon, friend to Einje, a former host that he felt that he'd walked in the spirit-skin of for a moment in his madness and shivered.

You had heard that one of the more difficult parts with doing anything to an Avatar, it be Branding, Gilgul, removing Paradox, anything, was to get it out of the soul of the host, this was probably because most rituals and rotes to do so originated with the Order of Hermes who had a problem affecting souls, deep inside the souls of their hosts though Avatars where safe and your angel knew that, not that it would protect her from vampire blood but even so she hid away. You felt your magick always there waiting to be used but the fire angle you only felt there far away and dully, many mages never really felt close to their Avatars, they might speak in dreams or in coincidences seen along the path or omens and signs but they where not right there in their minds, yours where, always a gentle guide, a raging fire in your soul but now she was quiet, saddened and afraid over what she had seen all those years ago which for her meant nothing, for her there where no time.

He tried to keep the relief off of his face, or at least not apparent to the prisoner. Not that torture was bound to be something he wished would be employed, nor was he sure what good it might do, but he'd not wanted to use the vampire blood on Matty and he found, unsurprisingly, he did not want to see it used on anyone, at all.

The prisoner was busy staring terrified at Colin and then at Crexia he did not really look in your direction so he probably did not see whatever or not you managed to hide your relief.

He looked over at their Commander with a frown and then glanced at the others present. "Is there anything you need of me, any other orders?" he asked, eyes tracking Colin as he went to fetch supplies.

Crexia looked at you then she nodded.
"Yes there is one thing if you would not mind Sodalis, for the rest of you I will be back in five minutes tough for me this will take a few days, anyway is five minutes enough time to reinforce the protections you made for our Criamon, providing she will consent to it I want to make sure the girl's imprints are safe, is this a working you can do in five minutes Sodalis?"
The archmage asked you.

He spoke up. "May I ask the prisoner something, ma'am?"

Crexia nodded.
"Off course Sodalis be my guest."

(OOC: Brilliant decision of the group I am GMing for over chat. We are playing in Sword of Truth we have just slapped a rules system onto it. Ok so they are D'Haran officians and one of them are a Mord'Sith they are anti magic commando soldiers, their ability is that if they touch magick they can capture the mage and have complete control over their abilities and then they well train them as pets and slowly torture them to death...so well the party is in trouble, and with Mord-Sith and badly tortured sorceress prisoner in tow they seek out a group of wizards living in a remote mountain area for help, yes because the wizards will be so eager to help seeing one of their kind as a torture toy for a being made to take down magic users I foresee no trouble arising from this decision at all, wizards are never vindictive ever. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 am

The prisoner looked at you his eyes wide, he tried to struggle against his bonds but quickly found that to be rather futile and stopped.
"I have been...tortured before I did not break then I will not break now."
He said though he looked uncertain. Crexia sigh and hunched down to pat the man on the shoulder.
"I have never failed to make someone talk...the information I have gotten have not always been usable, I can tell if you are lying but you might not be in a good enough state of mind to make sense, however talk you will and I think the chances are good we can use at least some of the information, my biggest concern is that in the state you will be in when I am done...well the man who just spoke with you and several others in my team they will feel compassion for your suffering, and as you will no longer be you...you will be broken and helpless, almost childlike and terrified, my team are to kind they will feel protective of you, they will want to comfort you and then they will become attached and things will get difficult when you have to be sent to Horizon for...well you know what will happen to you there...I would rather avoid upsetting my team like that...but I will do what must be done."
She said before she stood up again. The Nephandus whimpered and looked at you with pleading eyes as if he did not want to be left with the archmage, yes there where a few other magi in the room but Crexia was awfully close and the Fallen Hermetic was very, very scared now.
Colin gave the Nephandus a sad look and shook his head, "It is no longer in my hands... I am sorry."

He caught Adley's eye, just for a moment, and gave him a tired nod. The vampire blood had never been intended as anything but a desperate last resort...

You found the basket, there where a two sandwiches and three bottles of water left after everyone had gotten food and water, and the ammo and Tass had been distributed.
He picked up the basket with a frown, and headed back to the room with it, "Just two sandwiches and three bottles of water... Not much to sustain a man for days, but... I think there was a kitchen nearby; should I bring someone to raid that right quick?"

((OOC: Oh, that's a great plan. Almost on par with bringing an old SS officer along to hide in Israel... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 am

Zach grinned. "Ah no problem, I mean that is why you bring along the geek squad into a Labyrinth is it not?" He joked.

"I won't ask you to fix my computer...while we're here, at least," he returned, tilting his head at him.

"I have seen Investment marks, we have one of the infernalist shits at my Chantry as well, same group as the guy at Mor...ehm no names right, well you get what I mean, and this do not feel like that, so I think it is just tattoos, but I can not be sure." Andy said and frowned."It just feel like old ink in his skin nothing more."

"Alright," he said with a nod. "Let the Lady know, she can decide if she wants further investigation of them. Thank you."

Crexia nodded at that. "Thank you Sodalis."

"The ritual dagger will likely outlast a regular fire beyond the handgrip, probably unless it's made of a soft metal."

He caught Adley's eye, just for a moment, and gave him a tired nod.

He looked like he wanted to say something but held his tongue.

"Yes there is one thing if you would not mind Sodalis, for the rest of you I will be back in five minutes tough for me this will take a few days, anyway is five minutes enough time to reinforce the protections you made for our Criamon, providing she will consent to it I want to make sure the girl's imprints are safe, is this a working you can do in five minutes Sodalis?"

"Possibly," he admitted, glancing down at the prisoner and back again. "It should be faster to bolster it than start wholesale but keep recent events in mind." He didn't want to admit, or at least spell it out plainly, that he was slower at magick with less finesse readily at hand than he had before he'd worked with the pine cone. "Should I prioritize that then get of this man's items?"

Crexia nodded. "Off course Sodalis be my guest."

He turned to address the man. "I'm not sure anyone will ask you this and perhaps you will still not wish to answer. But why...what was it that turned you to the Nephandi? I can see you are naturally a curious person, you crave knowledge and want to learn new things, even now..."

He picked up the basket with a frown, and headed back to the room with it, "Just two sandwiches and three bottles of water... Not much to sustain a man for days, but... I think there was a kitchen nearby; should I bring someone to raid that right quick?"

"I'd like a word with you, after...these five minutes are up," he said, with a gesture towards Crexia and the prisoner. "And of course you know I'd rather we all stay closer together," he said with a wry look. "Not that you asked."

// well, I can't see what could possibly go wrong with that plan /sarcasm xD My Book of Secrets arrived, sadly with the top corner spine dinged pretty badly (but not badly enough for me to want to make a fuss, I'll live). But I need more shelf space lol - it's nearly as big as the 20th ed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:45 am

Colin gave the Nephandus a sad look and shook his head, "It is no longer in my hands... I am sorry."

The Nephandus looked at you and whimpered.

Crexia glanced at the meager loot and frowned.
"Hum...I am going to have to keep him alive with magick anyway...but yes send someone a small group to loot the kitchen for when I am done the man will be hungry then being sustained by magick will keep you alive but it lacks...something."
She said before she glanced at the Nephandus and sigh regretfully.
"Well he will maybe be hungry...get something that is simple to eat, we can offer him that might at least but tell the team you send to be vary of traps and return here if they sense anything wrong I do not want them to risk life and limb over something to feed a doomed prisoner with."

"I won't ask you to fix my computer...while we're here, at least," he returned, tilting his head at him.

"Ah well thank The Hen for small favors."
Zach said with an amused grin.

"Alright," he said with a nod. "Let the Lady know, she can decide if she wants further investigation of them. Thank you."

Andy glanced over at Crexia who was close enough the hear and the archmage considered it and shook her head.
"No we can strip him and check these tattoos out further later but that is not how Investment Marks look, there is no need to use time on it for now."

"The ritual dagger will likely outlast a regular fire beyond the handgrip, probably unless it's made of a soft metal."

"I can take care of it if you wish Sodalis."
Udella offered with a nod.
"My Ignem magick should be able to reduce all of it to vapor."
She said and the Nephandus gave her an angry, hurt look, he did not want to see his foci burned.

"Possibly," he admitted, glancing down at the prisoner and back again. "It should be faster to bolster it than start wholesale but keep recent events in mind." He didn't want to admit, or at least spell it out plainly, that he was slower at magick with less finesse readily at hand than he had before he'd worked with the pine cone. "Should I prioritize that then get of this man's items?"

"All I can ask for is an attempt and bolstering the shields rather than casting new ones seam wise."
Crexia said she did not mention your current state but she gave you a nod to show that she understood and would ask nothing more than that you tried to make Care safer, she would not hold a failure against you in any way.
"I will take care of the prisoner's things, you attend to the Criamon Sodalis, if that is agreeable to you."
Udella offered.

He turned to address the man. "I'm not sure anyone will ask you this and perhaps you will still not wish to answer. But why...what was it that turned you to the Nephandi? I can see you are naturally a curious person, you crave knowledge and want to learn new things, even now..."

The prisoner looked at you and hesitated then a drew a deep breath and spoke.
"It...was mostly by accident, well it started by accident. I was trying to summon an Elemental Ruler and I did something wrong and instead of a tablet King, I got into contact with a powerful old earthbound demon. I...should have banished the thing immediately but as you said I am curious and it got the best of me so I spoke with him and...I was tempted by the knowledge he offered. Over the next few years I did little favors for this demon and he would reward me with knowledge, it was a fair enough relationship no contract was signed it was on a case by case basis and none of the favors hurt anyone I would refuse those. I felt I had control...I thought I had control."
The prisoner said and he hesitated again before he continued.
"Then I was asked to safe one of the demon's followers from the Order of Reason, this was back when they where in the process of reinventing themselves as the Technocracy. I saw no harm in it, the demon assured me this woman was not a part of the Traditions so I would not be identified and hey kicking some Order of Reason butt seamed like icing on the cake and so I agreed...and in the cover of night I broke this infernalist out only she was indeed not a Traditionalist the demon had not lied, but she was a Nephanda and that meant I was trapped. I knew if my favors for the earthbound demon where discovered I would face execution and I was willing to risk that, he could not use letting the Order know of my activities against me to control me, he tried once to get me to do what I did not want to do but I refused telling him I would face a Tribunal if I had to...but now the game had changed I had acted on the orders of a demon to save a Nephanda it was no longer an execution that awaited me if I was discovered."
The Fallen Hermetic looked up at you again and then looked away before continuing.
"I doubt the demon himself even planned this they are not really that interested in the Nephandi agenda the woman was just...useful to him, and now I was useful to her I was forced to do...horrible thing, simple things in the beginning and increasingly worse to avoid her sending a letter to the Quesitors...I just wanted to protect my Avatar and so I did as she asked, eventually I was so wracked by guilt I would do anything to not have to feel that anymore and I left behind my old Mentor...my Cabal...my name..."
The prisoner seamed almost a little sad at this.
"And I went to the Caul...and it opened my eyes to how the world must end...there is no other choice."
He said and finished his tale.
"So not one reason Traditionalist, a slow slippery slope is the reason I went to the Nephandi."

"I'd like a word with you, after...these five minutes are up," he said, with a gesture towards Crexia and the prisoner. "And of course you know I'd rather we all stay closer together," he said with a wry look. "Not that you asked."

"Ehm...if anyone have anything, preferably organic that can be scrapped I can make food, it will take a few minutes but will be done when...the Lady is."
Andy offered.
"I do not always get the taste completely right but it is edible just fine, that way no one need to wander off."

(OOC: I hate it when books arrive dinged up. I am getting my Book of Secrets soon I just tend to save up and get many books of drive through at the same time to save on shipping. Yeah shelf space is always an issue. Well my chat player's characters are still alive but no the wizards are not best pleased and they are plotting and planning. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 am

"I can take care of it if you wish Sodalis." Udella offered with a nod. "My Ignem magick should be able to reduce all of it to vapor."

"Thank you," he said with a nod, ignoring the look he got from the prisoner.

"All I can ask for is an attempt and bolstering the shields rather than casting new ones seam wise." Crexia said she did not mention your current state but she gave you a nod to show that she understood and would ask nothing more than that you tried to make Care safer, she would not hold a failure against you in any way. "I will take care of the prisoner's things, you attend to the Criamon Sodalis, if that is agreeable to you."

"Then I will do that," he said to Crexia. Perhaps this was her way of getting him busy, much like Hayden had with the others...and it was going to work. Besides which it seemed a useful enough task. He bowed his head to Udella and handed her over the items, bundled up in a scrap of something so she wouldn't get blood on her. The knife he offered out by the sheath.

The prisoner looked at you and hesitated then a drew a deep breath and spoke. "It...was mostly by accident, well it started by accident. I was trying to summon an Elemental Ruler and I did something wrong and instead of a tablet King, I got into contact with a powerful old earthbound demon..."And I went to the Caul...and it opened my eyes to how the world must end...there is no other choice."
He said and finished his tale. "So not one reason Traditionalist, a slow slippery slope is the reason I went to the Nephandi."

"That is one hell of a mistake," he said, after a pause, considering what he'd heard. The man must be older than he looked to be speaking about the Order of Reason's rebirth. "Why not death instead of the caul, if you were trying to protect your avatar all that time?" he said, with a shake of his head. "There is another choice...that you still want to live, that you are craving knowledge even now, speaks to it." He changed tack. "And of the vampire blood? Why would you do that? It destroys avatars. I know you know that is true."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 am

"Then I will do that," he said to Crexia. Perhaps this was her way of getting him busy, much like Hayden had with the others...and it was going to work. Besides which it seemed a useful enough task. He bowed his head to Udella and handed her over the items, bundled up in a scrap of something so she wouldn't get blood on her. The knife he offered out by the sheath.

"Thank you Sodalis."
Crexia said and nodded. Udella took the offered items and went out into the hallway where the floor was stone...well glass and looked for a good place to burn them, exclamations from the others and someone commenting.
"Damn that is some firepower that old lady got!"
Indicated to you that that task had been done in a quite impressive way.

"That is one hell of a mistake,"

"Well it begun that way, you could say it led me to new understanding."
The Nephandus said.

he said, after a pause, considering what he'd heard. The man must be older than he looked to be speaking about the Order of Reason's rebirth. "Why not death instead of the caul, if you were trying to protect your avatar all that time?" he said, with a shake of his head.

"I do not know, for the first to favors I did for that woman perhaps it was fear of death that stayed my hand, then I got caught up in it. Listen i am not claiming to be someone to be pitied Traditionalist I made my choices and I stand by them but you asked me why I joined the Nephandi and I gave you the reason."
The prisoner said in a proud tone of voice and looked you right in the eyes.
"The person I am now are glad I joined I want to be a Nephandus, but the person I was...I do not know why I slid down that slippery slope one step at the time, it happened and then it was to late to go back."

"There is another choice...that you still want to live, that you are craving knowledge even now, speaks to it." He changed tack.

"I do still want to live, I want to learn I love to learn I might be a soldier but my free time I like to spend with books, however it do not look like I will be living much longer now do it? I seam to be having a bit of a case of Traditionalists on my ass."
He muttered bitterly.
"Still I guess that is what happens in a war."

"And of the vampire blood? Why would you do that? It destroys avatars. I know you know that is true."

"It do with continuous use, however just like with Resonance if it is used when you need it and otherwise left alone you will be fine, now do not get me wrong it is a poison but you can have poisons as well in small doses, also once you have tasted the thing...it is so hard to stop...your Avatar crave it you know, hell you know how hard it is to resist something your Avatar really want to do, and when you are completely off your own soul go into withdrawal the pain of that is...horrific, so the trick is to find a balance, drinking so rarely that you manage to keep your soul alive, and often enough to avoid that pain...balancing on a edge I do not recommend it but I had little choice when the Lady ordered me to start learning their powers and use their blood, one do not refuse a request from the Lady, and besides drinking the stuff is more comfortable than being held down and have it injected with a needle in your arm and by doing it willingly I get more control over the process."
He said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:31 am

Crexia glanced at the meager loot and frowned.
"Hum...I am going to have to keep him alive with magick anyway...but yes send someone a small group to loot the kitchen for when I am done the man will be hungry then being sustained by magick will keep you alive but it lacks...something."
She said before she glanced at the Nephandus and sigh regretfully.
"Well he will maybe be hungry...get something that is simple to eat, we can offer him that might at least but tell the team you send to be vary of traps and return here if they sense anything wrong I do not want them to risk life and limb over something to feed a doomed prisoner with."
Colin nodded to Crexia, "I was thinking of a group of four or five at least, for security - I honestly doubt they'll have trapped the kitchen, but the corridors might have... issues in the walls. I'll go ask for volunteers."
He turned to Adley, "Yes, this is not the time to run off individually - I didn't think the question needed asking. And I'm all ears."

He strolled back to the main group and made his way over to Leon, "Ah, good news - your brother is resting; he's not in danger, just needs a week's rest, and he should be right as rain. That aside, I need a few volunteers to raid the kitchen here right quick - could you help me find a few volunteers? I wouldn't want to send off a group of fewer than four or five people..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:42 am

Colin nodded to Crexia, "I was thinking of a group of four or five at least, for security - I honestly doubt they'll have trapped the kitchen, but the corridors might have... issues in the walls. I'll go ask for volunteers."

"Agreed then again we never know, I would have trapped just about everywhere if I was Abigail."
The old Hermetic said and Udella grinned a little.
"If you where Abigail old friend we would be in allot more trouble, and we are in trouble enough as it is."
She said and Crexia just gave a smile as a reply.

He strolled back to the main group and made his way over to Leon, "Ah, good news - your brother is resting; he's not in danger, just needs a week's rest, and he should be right as rain.

Tension seamed to drain of Leon as you told him James would be alright.
"That is wonderful...thank you...thank you."
He said and smiled.
"I will make sure that he rests."

That aside, I need a few volunteers to raid the kitchen here right quick - could you help me find a few volunteers? I wouldn't want to send off a group of fewer than four or five people..."

"I can go myself and I will arrange getting four others to join me, what are we looking for in the kitchen?"
Leon asked then he looked at the map on his phone and pointed.
"The kitchen is here right?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:24 pm

"Well it begun that way, you could say it led me to new understanding." The Nephandus said.

"I stand by my comment."

"I do not know, for the first to favors I did for that woman perhaps it was fear of death that stayed my hand, then I got caught up in it. Listen i am not claiming to be someone to be pitied Traditionalist I made my choices and I stand by them but you asked me why I joined the Nephandi and I gave you the reason." The prisoner said in a proud tone of voice and looked you right in the eyes. "The person I am now are glad I joined I want to be a Nephandus, but the person I was...I do not know why I slid down that slippery slope one step at the time, it happened and then it was to late to go back..."I do still want to live, I want to learn I love to learn I might be a soldier but my free time I like to spend with books, however it do not look like I will be living much longer now do it? I seam to be having a bit of a case of Traditionalists on my ass." He muttered bitterly. "Still I guess that is what happens in a war.""

"I'm not trying to find reasons to pity you. More like a cautionary tale...but not even that. I have often seen twisted arms when it comes to your recruiting measures. But you slipped...truly fell and then here you are. But you still care about learning. How can you go for this new understanding of undoing everything that you wish to learn? Or is it selfish, and you want it undone only after you're done with it, used it up? Then, it's fine for you to achieve that goal, on your own dime, never mind any one else around here...Abigail set this whole place to be sucked into Oblivion. Including you. You looked a bit concerned over that, despite the fact you were about to blow the shit out of the place yourself..."

"It do with continuous use, however just like with Resonance if it is used when you need it and otherwise left alone you will be fine, now do not get me wrong it is a poison but you can have poisons as well in small doses, also once you have tasted the thing...it is so hard to stop...your Avatar crave it you know, hell you know how hard it is to resist something your Avatar really want to do, and when you are completely off your own soul go into withdrawal the pain of that is...horrific, so the trick is to find a balance, drinking so rarely that you manage to keep your soul alive, and often enough to avoid that pain...balancing on a edge I do not recommend it but I had little choice when the Lady ordered me to start learning their powers and use their blood, one do not refuse a request from the Lady, and besides drinking the stuff is more comfortable than being held down and have it injected with a needle in your arm and by doing it willingly I get more control over the process."

"Why did she make you take vampire blood?" he asked. "Why learn their style of magick when you have something potentially more powerful at your fingertips? And besides, who would teach you those ars?"

Colin nodded to Crexia, "I was thinking of a group of four or five at least, for security - I honestly doubt they'll have trapped the kitchen, but the corridors might have... issues in the walls. I'll go ask for volunteers." He turned to Adley, "Yes, this is not the time to run off individually - I didn't think the question needed asking. And I'm all ears."

Adley gave Andy an apologetic look, it seemed they didn't want to take her up on her offer to make food for them but he didn't want her to think her offer was ignored. Then he shrugged to Colin. "I assume everything is a potential trap of one kind of another." He gave a nod to Crexia as he went to excuse himself to see to his orders. Here," he said, to Colin, dipping a hand into a pocket to give him half of the tass as they exited the Chief's room and headed inside. "The other thing is a slightly longer conversation but I can condense it to this, for now: I urge you to get rid of that stuff, burn it. It was allowed for under a specific purpose for which it went unused, not a carte blanche." He gave him a nod in parting, then went over to find Cara as he went to speak with Leon and the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Adley gave Andy an apologetic look, it seemed they didn't want to take her up on her offer to make food for them but he didn't want her to think her offer was ignored. Then he shrugged to Colin. "I assume everything is a potential trap of one kind of another." He gave a nod to Crexia as he went to excuse himself to see to his orders. Here," he said, to Colin, dipping a hand into a pocket to give him half of the tass as they exited the Chief's room and headed inside. "The other thing is a slightly longer conversation but I can condense it to this, for now: I urge you to get rid of that stuff, burn it. It was allowed for under a specific purpose for which it went unused, not a carte blanche." He gave him a nod in parting, then went over to find Cara as he went to speak with Leon and the others.
Colin glanced briefly from Adley to Andy, "Sorry, did I miss something while I was speaking with the fellow?"
He shrugged, "It's highly unlikely all the things the Fallen collectively use themselves on a regular basis is trapped - like kitchen utilities and the like - unless they had a lot of preparation time and advance warning before the attack. Private rooms and possessions... a bit more likely, since it seems mutual trust is a rarity here, but I doubt they would have rigged the microwave and refridgerator. That said, I wouldn't necessarily trust their food and drink without reservation, but for a resident... probably sufficiently safe."
He accepted the Tass with an arched eyebrow, "Ah, I could do with a little... topping up of my own reserves; the corrupted stuff is useful to throw around like grenades, but I can't very well channel it to simplify my work."
He smiled with relief at the sensation of the far better quality Quintessence as he let Mia help herself to it, letting it flow into his system, "And as for the... thermos, no, I have no intention to use it on anyone, though I will make an exception for the Lady of the Labyrinth if needs must be - I wasn't exactly bluffing when I suggested to the poor bastard I would use it on him if necessary, but I didn't really see it as necessary to do anything more than terrify him with it, to see if his courage might crack... As soon as Abigail is dealt with, I will destroy the thermos and its content with pleasure and primal fire - and God willing, we'll have captured Abigail alive. But as a rare example, hers is an Avatar I won't let slip away to reincarnate. Not after all she has done..."
He frowned, "I would obviously prefer gilgul for her; as I understand it, plan V will kill an Avatar, as opposed to tearing it to bits... I would prefer to let Abigail's Avatar spend centuries trying to rebuild itself. By far."

Tension seamed to drain of Leon as you told him James would be alright.
"That is wonderful...thank you...thank you."
He said and smiled.
"I will make sure that he rests."
He grinned, "I'm sure you will, just as I'm sure he'll give you a brotherly tongue-lashing for fussing over him."

"I can go myself and I will arrange getting four others to join me, what are we looking for in the kitchen?"
Leon asked then he looked at the map on his phone and pointed.
"The kitchen is here right?"
He asked.
He nodded, "According to a certain girl, yes it is. A goodly amount of water, and some easily ingested food - tinned beans, instant oatmeal, something that doesn't require much conscious chewing or preparation... it's for the new captive in the security chief's room - the senior Tytalus is interrogating the poor fellow for a few days over the next five minutes, and there were little food supplies at hand, so he's going to need a bit extra when they come back out. It... doesn't bear pondering, poor bastard..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 pm

"I stand by my comment."

The Nephandus sigh and nodded.
"Very well."
He muttered.

"I'm not trying to find reasons to pity you. More like a cautionary tale...but not even that. I have often seen twisted arms when it comes to your recruiting measures. But you slipped...truly fell and then here you are.

The prisoner gave you a wry grin.
"Well yes I guess you can say that I slipped and fell...but yes often there are threats and force of some sort involved, not always off course I guess most are here of their own free will but many have been tricked or coerced in some way that is true."

But you still care about learning. How can you go for this new understanding of undoing everything that you wish to learn? Or is it selfish, and you want it undone only after you're done with it, used it up?

The Fallen Hermetic gave you a irritated look when you asked about how he could learn if everything where undone.
"I ehm...don't know..."
He finally admitted.
"I guess experiencing unmaking will be the greatest secret of all. No it is not about destroying reality when I am done with it then it would never be ended as there is always more to learn I guess things to learn will be my sacrifice towards the greater goal."

Then, it's fine for you to achieve that goal, on your own dime, never mind any one else around here...Abigail set this whole place to be sucked into Oblivion. Including you. You looked a bit concerned over that, despite the fact you were about to blow the shit out of the place yourself..."

"Dying and being sent into the realm of Oblivion are not the same thing, there are things far worse then death Traditionalist so yes such a portal do scare me."
The Nephandus said.
"We all have our own goals, our own ideas of Asencion and yes not everyone want my path that do not mean I will stop trying to make that reality."

"Why did she make you take vampire blood?" he asked. "Why learn their style of magick when you have something potentially more powerful at your fingertips? And besides, who would teach you those ars?"

"Our own powers have far greater potential yes but the Ars of the Massassa are fast and not subject to the Scourge, sometimes a simple but effective weapon is better than one with greater potential and finesse. The Lady of the Labyrinth wanted some of her people to have access to such weapons that is why she gave me the order to consume vampire blood and learn their powers, as to who taught me that I am not willing to tell you."

Adley gave Andy an apologetic look, it seemed they didn't want to take her up on her offer to make food for them but he didn't want her to think her offer was ignored.

Andy just gave you a smile and shrugged she did not take it in a bad way that the rest seamed to prefer going to the kitchen and finding food instead.

then went over to find Cara as he went to speak with Leon and the others.

You found Cara together with Rosario, the latter was in a trance and Cara herself was clearly working magick, the two magae satt enchanting the new batches of bullets that Morningstar had sent in ther "gift basket." Between two workings Cara smiled to you.
"Sodalis can I help you with something?"
She asked.

Colin glanced briefly from Adley to Andy, "Sorry, did I miss something while I was speaking with the fellow?"

"I said I can make food given a few minutes of time, a little of my own blood and some physical objects you do not mind being destroyed for the purpose, I never get the taste quite right but it is not to bad, it could save you a trip to the kitchen."
Andy repeated and glanced over at Colin.

He shrugged, "It's highly unlikely all the things the Fallen collectively use themselves on a regular basis is trapped - like kitchen utilities and the like - unless they had a lot of preparation time and advance warning before the attack. Private rooms and possessions... a bit more likely, since it seems mutual trust is a rarity here, but I doubt they would have rigged the microwave and refridgerator. That said, I wouldn't necessarily trust their food and drink without reservation, but for a resident... probably sufficiently safe."

"I would trap such mundane things, simply let there be a way to use them so they where safe, especially since they would be the last thing the enemy would check for traps."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"Never let your guard down with anything, and I do mean anything down here."
She warned.

He smiled with relief at the sensation of the far better quality Quintessence as he let Mia help herself to it, letting it flow into his system,

Mia seamed rather happy when she consumed the Tass, well less consumed than merged with, she was Quintessence, and it was Quintessence and now it was a part of her, it was an exhilarating feeling that made you feel more alive, awake and alert.

I wasn't exactly bluffing when I suggested to the poor bastard I would use it on him if necessary, but I didn't really see it as necessary to do anything more than terrify him with it, to see if his courage might crack... As soon as Abigail is dealt with, I will destroy the thermos and its content with pleasure and primal fire - and God willing, we'll have captured Abigail alive. But as a rare example, hers is an Avatar I won't let slip away to reincarnate. Not after all she has done..."
He frowned, "I would obviously prefer gilgul for her; as I understand it, plan V will kill an Avatar, as opposed to tearing it to bits... I would prefer to let Abigail's Avatar spend centuries trying to rebuild itself. By far."

"Threatening the man is acceptable but if you had tried to make good on your threat I would have had to stop you the prisoner was clearly Hermetic so he have the right to a trial, destroying his Avatar in the field would be...quite illegal."
Udella warned as she was on her way out with the prisoner's things to burn them.
"Miss Carlyle was a special case where permission to act now and have the trial later was given, only those who have never been a member of the Traditions can be Gilgulled in the field, or killed for that matter unless it is no other choice as they are still considered members of the Traditions until a Tribunal is held, only those who have never been members of the Traditions can be taken down without a trial. I do think in the case of Abigail though proving the case that it was a needed action will be easy enough."

He grinned, "I'm sure you will, just as I'm sure he'll give you a brotherly tongue-lashing for fussing over him."

"Yes he will do that but it will not help him much, there will be fussing, allot of fussing."
Leon said and grinned.

He nodded, "According to a certain girl, yes it is. A goodly amount of water, and some easily ingested food - tinned beans, instant oatmeal, something that doesn't require much conscious chewing or preparation... it's for the new captive in the security chief's room - the senior Tytalus is interrogating the poor fellow for a few days over the next five minutes, and there were little food supplies at hand, so he's going to need a bit extra when they come back out. It... doesn't bear pondering, poor bastard..."

Leon paled a little.
"Damned...poor fuck, ok something easy to chew then...shit I do not usually have allot of sympathy with a Nephandus and especially a Nephandus that just tried to kill us all and half the city but shit, poor guy."
The Jerbiton muttered and shook his head.
"You know they used to call the old lich The Torturess right, there was this rumor that her name was a shot hand for the Latin word for Torturer, she used to be...quite brutal during the war with Diedne, that Nephandus is fucked, he is fucked by a cactus right up his corrupted ass!"
He exclaimed.
"Hopefully not literary."

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I have been out playing MtG I got overrun by goblins.)
(OOC 2: How much Tass do Colin get?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 pm

"I said I can make food given a few minutes of time, a little of my own blood and some physical objects you do not mind being destroyed for the purpose, I never get the taste quite right but it is not to bad, it could save you a trip to the kitchen."
Andy repeated and glanced over at Colin.
Colin nodded, "I presume you would need biomass, then, rather than for example stone... Afraid I don't have much sacrificable material on me - and the Labyrinth creature would probably not be a good idea to convert to... Soylent Green."

"I would trap such mundane things, simply let there be a way to use them so they where safe, especially since they would be the last thing the enemy would check for traps."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"Never let your guard down with anything, and I do mean anything down here."
She warned.
He inclined his head, "I suppose you are right... The real question is whether or not they thought it was worth the effort. It just seems less plausible to me - more likely they'd simply trap strategic locations, in part to reduce attrition of their poor, huddled minions. Of course, which locations they would consider strategically preferable, and which I would consider as such is liable to differ..."

"Threatening the man is acceptable but if you had tried to make good on your threat I would have had to stop you the prisoner was clearly Hermetic so he have the right to a trial, destroying his Avatar in the field would be...quite illegal."
Udella warned as she was on her way out with the prisoner's things to burn them.
"Miss Carlyle was a special case where permission to act now and have the trial later was given, only those who have never been a member of the Traditions can be Gilgulled in the field, or killed for that matter unless it is no other choice as they are still considered members of the Traditions until a Tribunal is held, only those who have never been members of the Traditions can be taken down without a trial. I do think in the case of Abigail though proving the case that it was a needed action will be easy enough."
He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "As I said, if necessary. Considering that I am not convinced gilgul isn't excessive, except in a few spectacular cases, condemning someone to vampirism like that is... not something I would easily consider necessary. For Abigail and Lisa Larson, I don't consider the course of action out of the question... but even for miss Carlyle, I would have grieved if it had proved necessary."
He glanced at the items Udella was carrying, "I do believe the Node is still happily blasting away - you might dispose of those items there, conserve your power..."

"Yes he will do that but it will not help him much, there will be fussing, allot of fussing."
Leon said and grinned.
He smiled wearily, "At least there's something bright to look forward to."

Leon paled a little.
"Damned...poor fuck, ok something easy to chew then...shit I do not usually have allot of sympathy with a Nephandus and especially a Nephandus that just tried to kill us all and half the city but shit, poor guy."
The Jerbiton muttered and shook his head.
"You know they used to call the old lich The Torturess right, there was this rumor that her name was a shot hand for the Latin word for Torturer, she used to be...quite brutal during the war with Diedne, that Nephandus is fucked, he is fucked by a cactus right up his corrupted ass!"
He exclaimed.
"Hopefully not literary."
He grimaced, "She said she was the best House Tremere had to offer back then... Hum, Cruciator or Carnifex, I would assume... sounds like a bit of a stretch, that, but then diminuitives of names have always been a bit odd..."
He sighed, "Never give up sympathy for the Fallen. Most of them are victims, at least as much as offenders. They must still be stopped, obviously, but it falls on us to end them as... gently as possible...."

((OOC: Quite alright. Did you score any victories?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 am

Colin nodded, "I presume you would need biomass, then, rather than for example stone... Afraid I don't have much sacrificable material on me - and the Labyrinth creature would probably not be a good idea to convert to... Soylent Green."

"Any dead matter will do, so stone is fine but I would need some manageable chunks of it so I can work with it."
Andy said and grimaced.
"No let us leave the wall monster alone for now."

He inclined his head, "I suppose you are right... The real question is whether or not they thought it was worth the effort. It just seems less plausible to me - more likely they'd simply trap strategic locations, in part to reduce attrition of their poor, huddled minions. Of course, which locations they would consider strategically preferable, and which I would consider as such is liable to differ..."

"I do not think it is likely that they have trapped the kitchen, it is not very likely at all but it is a possibility, that is the point so you need to be aware of the possibility that it could be an issue so you should not take things to lightly, suspect everything down here of being a trap and be ever vigilant."
Crexia advised rather sternly as she gave you an even look.

He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "As I said, if necessary. Considering that I am not convinced gilgul isn't excessive, except in a few spectacular cases, condemning someone to vampirism like that is... not something I would easily consider necessary. For Abigail and Lisa Larson, I don't consider the course of action out of the question... but even for miss Carlyle, I would have grieved if it had proved necessary."

"Well yes Gilgul is often excessive indeed, and like I said the law open for taking an action one find needed in the moment and having it judged on later, that is for example how the Traditions deal with the issue of self defense, killing another mage is illegal and is punishable by death so taking someone's life that where attacking you will then be judged legal as they will be sentenced to death posthumously making your execution of them legal. If you have to use that blood to deal with Larson or Abigail you will have to explain yourself before a Tribunal but I doubt you will have much trouble convincing them you acted out of need but be very careful if you had done so with our prisoner here for example that would be another issue."
Udella warned.
"Also remember the burden it will be on the donor of that blood if she ever find out to what use it have been put if ever such a fool task is proven necessary."
She warned.
"That is also something to be considering in all of this."

He glanced at the items Udella was carrying, "I do believe the Node is still happily blasting away - you might dispose of those items there, conserve your power..."

"I am not so sure I want to toss the working foci of a Nephandus into the raging Primal flame that is burning out a corrupted Node."
The old Quesitor said and raised an eyebrow.
"A flame I can make without it cause to much strain but I do appreciate your concern young man."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.

He smiled wearily, "At least there's something bright to look forward to."

"Yeah...I will be very much relieved when my brother is feeling well enough to complain, and in the meantime I do not mind tending to him and taking care of him, he would do the same for me if our roles where reversed."
Leon said and nodded with a fond smile as he thought about his brother.

He grimaced, "She said she was the best House Tremere had to offer back then... Hum, Cruciator or Carnifex, I would assume... sounds like a bit of a stretch, that, but then diminuitives of names have always been a bit odd..."

"Crucutrix I think it was, something along that but I doubt that is why she choose her name that it is a diminutive, first of all the good Lady is not the kind of woman to go for anything diminutive, secondly her name is the female form of the name of a rather famous warrior and third there is an island around Rome by that name so I suspect that is where she have it from, but yeah it is still sort of a nickname."
Leon said and glanced towards the Chief's room where Crexia would be in her time bubble working the poor Nephandus over.
"She is nice and all that woman but she is also scary as hell."
He added dryly.

He sighed, "Never give up sympathy for the Fallen. Most of them are victims, at least as much as offenders. They must still be stopped, obviously, but it falls on us to end them as... gently as possible...."

"I guess you are right but it is hard to not see them as monsters but I guess everyone need a minium of respect and sympathy."
Leon said then he glanced in Crexia's direction again though the door was now closed so he thankfully saw nothing.
"Well one thing is for sure that guy is not getting a to gentle and kind treatment in there, I hope for his sake he decide to talk quickly."
He muttered and shuddered.
"I would not want to be on the Lady's bad side."

(OOC: I did I won 2 out of 4 games with my zombie deck but when I switched to my Karma deck I got overrun, though the last game if I had insisted on following the rules to a T I would have stood a good chance to win, my opponent reduced me down to 1 life, and one of her attackers had a ability that could stop my one blocker from well blocking then as we where done with combat and my turn came up she said she would have used that ability and then I would be out of life, however I sat with one way to stop any further attacks and two huge life gains on my hand with plenty of mana so I would have stabilized in my round and she did forget to declare that she used that ability so well by the rules you can not go back after combat and say you would have used it but it is fine we had to round of at about that time anyway.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 am

The Fallen Hermetic gave you a irritated look when you asked about how he could learn if everything where undone. "I ehm...don't know..." He finally admitted. "I guess experiencing unmaking will be the greatest secret of all. No it is not about destroying reality when I am done with it then it would never be ended as there is always more to learn I guess things to learn will be my sacrifice towards the greater goal."

"Your goal of learning will be exchanged, at some theoretical point in your devolvement for one diametrically opposed to the goal that has driven you and given you satisfaction your entire life? How is that not wanting to destroy it all when you're done with it? There is always more to learn...unless you yourself don't want to learn any longer. So, you'd be 'done.'" he raised an eyebrow at him. "But...you don't know...you guess...I think that you like it here, still. The things to learn."  He looked at him. "I doubt your avatar thought that destroying that goal was a good idea before the caul. I doubt that it wanted for you to go in there..."

"We all have our own goals, our own ideas of Asencion and yes not everyone want my path that do not mean I will stop trying to make that reality.

"The issue is that you want to unmake all reality, for everyone, everywhere, everywhen."

"Our own powers have far greater potential yes but the Ars of the Massassa are fast and not subject to the Scourge, sometimes a simple but effective weapon is better than one with greater potential and finesse. The Lady of the Labyrinth wanted some of her people to have access to such weapons that is why she gave me the order to consume vampire blood and learn their powers, as to who taught me that I am not willing to tell you."

"I figured you wouldn't but we can make educated guesses. Last chance to answer the questions put to you before," he said. He wasn't sure how much immediately useful information he had gotten, but he had at least talked. Part of him wondered if his avatar knew this man somewhen ago. And for that matter, Crexia.

"I would trap such mundane things, simply let there be a way to use them so they where safe, especially since they would be the last thing the enemy would check for traps." Crexia said and raised an eyebrow. "Never let your guard down with anything, and I do mean anything down here."

He tilted his head. "Never had a share a fridge at work, have you?" he said with another half-shrug. "People can be quite vindictive about their PBJs being stolen."

He accepted the Tass with an arched eyebrow, "Ah, I could do with a little... topping up of my own reserves; the corrupted stuff is useful to throw around like grenades, but I can't very well channel it to simplify my work."

"No problem, I think you missed the pass-by."

"And as for the... thermos, no, I have no intention to use it on anyone, though I will make an exception for the Lady of the Labyrinth if needs must be - I wasn't exactly bluffing when I suggested to the poor bastard I would use it on him if necessary, but I didn't really see it as necessary to do anything more than terrify him with it, to see if his courage might crack... As soon as Abigail is dealt with, I will destroy the thermos and its content with pleasure and primal fire - and God willing, we'll have captured Abigail alive. But as a rare example, hers is an Avatar I won't let slip away to reincarnate. Not after all she has done..." He frowned, "I would obviously prefer gilgul for her; as I understand it, plan V will kill an Avatar, as opposed to tearing it to bits... I would prefer to let Abigail's Avatar spend centuries trying to rebuild itself. By far."

"If you have no intention to use it on /anyone/, be rid of it now. For all her many dangers and faults is still someone. I say it because you're my friend and your avatar will remember doing that, forever, as will mine. Hosts in its future might know that moment you decided to use that thermos as a stick against that man. Committing yourself to using it if it would work to your end. I don't think that's the justice mine seeks when it comes to her and I worry about what doing such a thing would do to you and those involved." He sighed. "Look, there's no time to argue with you and it's probably not going to change your mind but just think about it. And yes, I know 'this is war.' If you'll both excuse me..." he gave him and Udella a nod of his head, almost like a short bow before hurrying away and leaving Udella to continue speaking with Colin.

You found Cara together with Rosario, the latter was in a trance and Cara herself was clearly working magick, the two magae satt enchanting the new batches of bullets that Morningstar had sent in ther "gift basket." Between two workings Cara smiled to you.
"Sodalis can I help you with something?"

He nodded to her. "The Lady asked, with your permission of course, for me to bolster up the working that I did before." He gave a glance to her imprints.

// I believe the amount given was 'around four drams' so, Colin was given half of that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 am

"Your goal of learning will be exchanged, at some theoretical point in your devolvement for one diametrically opposed to the goal that has driven you and given you satisfaction your entire life? How is that not wanting to destroy it all when you're done with it?

The Nephandus glared at you, this was something he clearly did not like to think about, he enjoyed learning and it was a paradox that he then also wanted to destroy, well unmake everything that was, everything he had learned about about it was a paradox he had not resolved in himself. He did not reply though he did not really have an answer.

There is always more to learn...unless you yourself don't want to learn any longer. So, you'd be 'done.'" he raised an eyebrow at him. "But...you don't know...you guess...I think that you like it here, still. The things to learn." He looked at him. "I doubt your avatar thought that destroying that goal was a good idea before the caul. I doubt that it wanted for you to go in there..."

The Nephandus looked at you then he sigh and shook his head.
"No it did not want to go into the Caul, it resisted me on that every step of the way."
He admitted.
"Yes I...like it here...I do believe in the cause...but there are always thing to learn...I..."
The man seamed confused for a moment he did not like this line of questioning.

"The issue is that you want to unmake all reality, for everyone, everywhere, everywhen."

"Well yes I guess that is where we differ."
The prisoner agreed and looked at you.

"I figured you wouldn't but we can make educated guesses.

"I can not stop you guessing Traditionalist but I can deny you confirmation of those guesses."

Last chance to answer the questions put to you before," he said. He wasn't sure how much immediately useful information he had gotten, but he had at least talked. Part of him wondered if his avatar knew this man somewhen ago. And for that matter, Crexia.

"Before I am tortured..."
The Nephandus whispered fearfully and looked away, he slightly shook his head to say that he would not talk he looked rather terrified though.
"I am not going to betray the Nephandi."

He tilted his head. "Never had a share a fridge at work, have you?" he said with another half-shrug. "People can be quite vindictive about their PBJs being stolen."

Crexia glanced at you.
"Indeed and these are vindictive Fallen magi with far to much Jhor in their system we are talking about here."

If you'll both excuse me..." he gave him and Udella a nod of his head, almost like a short bow before hurrying away and leaving Udella to continue speaking with Colin.

Udella returned you nod and said.
"Off course Sodalis."
Then she returned her attention to Colin she looked concerned this topic with the vampire blood was a serious one.

He nodded to her. "The Lady asked, with your permission of course, for me to bolster up the working that I did before." He gave a glance to her imprints.

Cara blushed a little having someone that close to her Imprints, her very Avatar was a bit more intimate than she was used to but she nodded.
"I would appreciate it Sodalis, my Cabalmate here can finish up enchanting our new bullets I am sure she will not mind."
The Criamon said and indicated Rosario who was still in a trance and working her magick on the ammunition before her.
"If you want your own ammunition enchanted then leave it with her."
Cara said then she stood.
"Ehm...where do you want me to stand?"

(OOC: Noted thank you. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

"Any dead matter will do, so stone is fine but I would need some manageable chunks of it so I can work with it."
Andy said and grimaced.
"No let us leave the wall monster alone for now."
Colin nodded, "Quite, we don't know which parts bite back..."

"I do not think it is likely that they have trapped the kitchen, it is not very likely at all but it is a possibility, that is the point so you need to be aware of the possibility that it could be an issue so you should not take things to lightly, suspect everything down here of being a trap and be ever vigilant."
Crexia advised rather sternly as she gave you an even look.
Crexia glanced at you.
"Indeed and these are vindictive Fallen magi with far to much Jhor in their system we are talking about here."
He frowned, "Hum, I'll admit I've never had a job where there was a company fridge... No such thing in the military, or when I finished up my education after, and I didn't really have any regular jobs between that and setting up my own shop... I'll take that concern to heart."

"No problem, I think you missed the pass-by."
He smiled, "Actually, I didn't want to jump the queue, since I have some of the tainted stuff for offensive purposes - but if everyone else has had a share, I can indulge."

((OOC: Aight, then I can note down two drams for Colin. Yay! Very Happy

"Well yes Gilgul is often excessive indeed, and like I said the law open for taking an action one find needed in the moment and having it judged on later, that is for example how the Traditions deal with the issue of self defense, killing another mage is illegal and is punishable by death so taking someone's life that where attacking you will then be judged legal as they will be sentenced to death posthumously making your execution of them legal. If you have to use that blood to deal with Larson or Abigail you will have to explain yourself before a Tribunal but I doubt you will have much trouble convincing them you acted out of need but be very careful if you had done so with our prisoner here for example that would be another issue."
Udella warned.
"Also remember the burden it will be on the donor of that blood if she ever find out to what use it have been put if ever such a fool task is proven necessary."
She warned.
"That is also something to be considering in all of this."
"If you have no intention to use it on /anyone/, be rid of it now. For all her many dangers and faults is still someone. I say it because you're my friend and your avatar will remember doing that, forever, as will mine. Hosts in its future might know that moment you decided to use that thermos as a stick against that man. Committing yourself to using it if it would work to your end. I don't think that's the justice mine seeks when it comes to her and I worry about what doing such a thing would do to you and those involved." He sighed. "Look, there's no time to argue with you and it's probably not going to change your mind but just think about it. And yes, I know 'this is war.' If you'll both excuse me..." he gave him and Udella a nod of his head, almost like a short bow before hurrying away and leaving Udella to continue speaking with Colin.
He looked steadily at Adley as he walked off, then nodded to Udella, "I have considered these matters, and I would not want to expose such a burden on the donor. If luck allows, I will turn the contents of the thermos into primal fire as soon as Abigail is captured, but... until she is, I will hold on to it to ensure she won't escape through death."
He averted his gaze a little, dark shadows in his eyes as he lowered his voice for Udella alone to hear, "He is wrong about one thing, though... where Abigail is concerned, it is not war. Everyone else here, yes, and there are certain sympathies afforded them even if that might seem... dangerously close to stretching the Protocols. But Abigail, that one is personal. She has hurt people I care about a great deal, and that evil I cannot allow to slip away. She is the Cause... today, we are the Effect."

"I am not so sure I want to toss the working foci of a Nephandus into the raging Primal flame that is burning out a corrupted Node."
The old Quesitor said and raised an eyebrow.
"A flame I can make without it cause to much strain but I do appreciate your concern young man."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.
He shrugged, "I'd be concerned if they were talismans, but mere foci... Eh, waste not, want not. However, I defer to your expertise in the significance of the links between a Hermetic and their Foci."

"Crucutrix I think it was, something along that but I doubt that is why she choose her name that it is a diminutive, first of all the good Lady is not the kind of woman to go for anything diminutive, secondly her name is the female form of the name of a rather famous warrior and third there is an island around Rome by that name so I suspect that is where she have it from, but yeah it is still sort of a nickname."
Leon said and glanced towards the Chief's room where Crexia would be in her time bubble working the poor Nephandus over.
"She is nice and all that woman but she is also scary as hell."
He added dryly.
He cast a glance at the door, "I don't find Hell scary. Her, though... let's just say I intend to stay on her good side."

"I guess you are right but it is hard to not see them as monsters but I guess everyone need a minium of respect and sympathy."
Leon said then he glanced in Crexia's direction again though the door was now closed so he thankfully saw nothing.
"Well one thing is for sure that guy is not getting a to gentle and kind treatment in there, I hope for his sake he decide to talk quickly."
He muttered and shuddered.
"I would not want to be on the Lady's bad side."
He nodded, "Oh, by the way, for that food run - keep your senses open; the Fallen may be vindictive and petty enough to curse their food in case someone else would try to help themselves to it."

Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite, we don't know which parts bite back..."

Andy seamed a bit amused at that.
"True enough the Nephandi have a rather...interesting taste in wall decorations."

He frowned, "Hum, I'll admit I've never had a job where there was a company fridge... No such thing in the military, or when I finished up my education after, and I didn't really have any regular jobs between that and setting up my own shop... I'll take that concern to heart."

Crexia just nodded at that.
"Good."

He looked steadily at Adley as he walked off, then nodded to Udella, "I have considered these matters, and I would not want to expose such a burden on the donor. If luck allows, I will turn the contents of the thermos into primal fire as soon as Abigail is captured, but... until she is, I will hold on to it to ensure she won't escape through death."

Udella looked at you.
"A wise enough final solution to hang onto I pray it will not be needed though, but yes we can not let Abigail's tainted soul to escape and begin this nightmare anew in her next life."
She said darkly.
"I do fear how the donor will react if the worst where to happen though, I suspect I know who donated the blood and she is such a delicate soul, she would be devastated. It is perhaps best if she is never told. Not that I like keeping such secrets from anyone it is not right but it might be kinder."

He averted his gaze a little, dark shadows in his eyes as he lowered his voice for Udella alone to hear, "He is wrong about one thing, though... where Abigail is concerned, it is not war. Everyone else here, yes, and there are certain sympathies afforded them even if that might seem... dangerously close to stretching the Protocols. But Abigail, that one is personal. She has hurt people I care about a great deal, and that evil I cannot allow to slip away. She is the Cause... today, we are the Effect."

Udella looked at you for some time before she replied.
"Well showing sympathy for the Fallen is not illegal, we can not let them escape and there is only one end for those who are captured other than in some very rare circumstances as will you new apprentice, showing a bit of kindness and sympathy though that is a good thing I think."
The old Quesitor said then she sigh.
"As for Abigail...she is a horror, I do not feel the same as you but I understand why you feel this way young man, and I agree she will not escape her days are numbered and she will be made to answer for her actions."

He shrugged, "I'd be concerned if they were talismans, but mere foci... Eh, waste not, want not. However, I defer to your expertise in the significance of the links between a Hermetic and their Foci."

"You are probably right that I am overly cautious young man but let a silly old woman take her precautions."
The old Guernicus said kindly as she walked out with the items to burn.
"For all you know I might just enough stretching my magickal muscles as it where while I have the chance."
She added with a but of a wry grin.
"Remember I am still Italian we have a fire in our soul."

He cast a glance at the door, "I don't find Hell scary. Her, though... let's just say I intend to stay on her good side."

Leon nodded and lowered his voice.
"Let us say it like this some old dudes from my Tradition tried to hurt her Orphan lover once...after the Lady sat them down for a talk, she never laid a finger on them or used magick she just talked with them...neither of them have been seen in Chicago since and when they left they where white as sheets."
The Jerbiton said a bit wide eyed.
"I would not fuck with that woman..."

He nodded, "Oh, by the way, for that food run - keep your senses open; the Fallen may be vindictive and petty enough to curse their food in case someone else would try to help themselves to it."

"Keeping our eyes open and Prime scanning everything, got it."
Leon said and nodded.
"Well I should round up some of the others and get going then...unless there where anything else?"
He asked as he turned to go and get some of the others and head out on operation feed the traumatized Nephandus.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 pm

"No it did not want to go into the Caul, it resisted me on that every step of the way." He admitted. "Yes I...like it here...I do believe in the cause...but there are always thing to learn...I..." The man seamed confused for a moment

"There are always things to learn - only if there is an existence to participate in. I wish that you'd listened to your avatar."

"Well yes I guess that is where we differ." The prisoner agreed and looked at you.

"I correct myself, there is a part of your soul that's been twisted that wants that but didn't before it went into that caul. It seems that you, however, still hold some things important. Doesn't it seem odd to you that an external influence from something so corrupted is the path to your newfound unenlightenment? Worse than Technocratic brainwashing."

"Before I am tortured..." The Nephandus whispered fearfully and looked away, he slightly shook his head to say that he would not talk he looked rather terrified though. "I am not going to betray the Nephandi."

"I don't recommend the torture," he said, flatly. "What have the Nephandi done for you but lead you to further acts you did not do, and twist your arm by holding over you the threat of throwing you to the law if you didn't do what she wanted? Are you really so committed to Abigail that you can overlook she nearly send you and everyone here to Oblivion? Do you think she would stand with you to see that end?" He waited to see if he had anything to say to that, that might shift his opinion.

He gave him a nod.

He smiled, "Actually, I didn't want to jump the queue, since I have some of the tainted stuff for offensive purposes - but if everyone else has had a share, I can indulge."

"You can't use that stuff for your personal stores, so of course you should have a share."

Cara blushed a little having someone that close to her Imprints, her very Avatar was a bit more intimate than she was used to but she nodded. "I would appreciate it Sodalis, my Cabalmate here can finish up enchanting our new bullets I am sure she will not mind." The Criamon said and indicated Rosario who was still in a trance and working her magick on the ammunition before her. "If you want your own ammunition enchanted then leave it with her." Cara said then she stood. "Ehm...where do you want me to stand?"

He glanced over at Rosario and then took the bullets from the spare he got from the basket out of the magazine and down. Then he put out a hand to a space that seemed a bit away from the wall but not too exposed and so he could be aware of what was around him in the event something happened. "I think over here," he said. "Let me know when you are ready to begin," he said, raising his hands in order to start working again when she gave her agreement.

// Arete: 2, 2, 7; 5, 2, 5; 7, 6, 3; 9, 2, 1; 9, 6, 2 (not sure how many rolls, you said 5 min so probably that's too many but take what works in the queue pls)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next