Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 9 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 pm

As they travelled back, the large woman dropped her guard, slightly. 'Do notice the lack of explosions and gunfire, I do.'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight error correction.)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 9 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Eh, the Fallen have corrupted one of our Nodes, but I burned out one of theirs. And I took a piece of it to make a memorial for those nameless sacrifices used to power it... Striking at the enemy's supply lines is a pragmatic way of waging war, not really a classic bad guy thing..."

"Yeah I've read about battles like that. War of attrition and all of that. Each side trying to cut off the resources of the other until one side can't fight and has to give in. History was one of the classes I paid a bit of attention too." Serge said respectfully.

"Man I hope they don't destroy our food supply or poison our water. I haven't eaten yet."

Colin wrote:He pondered, "I'm not sure about the snails, but I think miss Larson would have used magic on them to strengthen them, to give them greater lifespans and the like. As for Jareth, he's a remarkably clever owl; his father's a Verbena..."

"Man you have an Owl! That's cool." Serge said unnecessarily excited by the prospect of meeting an owl.

"I could believe an intelligent owl as registering as partially human but what about those snails. Those are as far from human's as you can get yet they still are registering here." Serge said eyeing the map more closely.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Good. With me, then."
He smoothly strode onward to check each room quickly, going just far enough inside to clear all corners before moving on to the next.

"Onwards to adventure!" Serge chuckled as he turned to Colin and followed close behind him as they searched their designated section, keeping his eyes and mind open as he searched for anything that seemed out of place.

(OOC: Sorry if my post seems rushed and for my own delay. Been busy myself as well.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 pm

He frowned, "Then her work would not have been the source... but if that interference represents a wiretap, that could be... bad..."
"Yes, agreed. How about after we check the floor, we go talk to our resident expert about that and if they caught anything on video, as well as the one other matter regarding our guests?" he suggested, nodding to Mundi as a source of we, so he wouldn't think he was going alone. "You could check your room, get a head start on informing my pater on things, or helping with the headcount?"
He pondered, "I'm not sure about the snails, but I think miss Larson would have used magic on them to strengthen them, to give them greater lifespans and the like. As for Jareth, he's a remarkably clever owl; his father's a Verbena..."
"I could believe an intelligent owl as registering as partially human but what about those snails. Those are as far from human's as you can get yet they still are registering here." Serge said eyeing the map more closely.
"Might have to do with their...slime," he suggested. Well, he'd seen far worse sources of tass lately.
He pondered briefly, "I don't think that was about our attention, really - likely, that was as simple and direct as it seemed; a way to keep the spirit of the house away from defending his turf. It's every bit as bad as it sounds, of course, but it doesn't taste like something subtler. Though there's a chance they tried to slip him something tainted in the process; the Chief or Master Steelhaven would notice, though."
"Perhaps I am feeling paranoid..."
Nicole followed Adley, silent save quite literally a hunger growl from her stomach. Checking the remains of the floor.
There did not seam to be any breaches of the wards, all looked to be in order the L shaped section,the meditation room called the chapel beyond and the storage rooms all well, all seamed to be in order.
"Clear," he said to Nicole. "At least I don't notice anything," he added, checking the map and then waiting for the others. One thing that might be notable to her, and Serge in the longer run is that his voice was relatively loud - especially seeming so in the relative quiet of the vacant upstairs.
As they travelled back, the large woman dropped her guard, slightly. 'Do notice the lack of explosions and gunfire, I do.'
"Almost seems too quiet...welcome to Steelhaven, by the way...probably not the welcome we'd both pick but that's war for you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 pm

"Agree Mr Karyak insulted a Master of the Art and one placed as his superior in a combat situation at that, and proper apology have to be made."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"No I did not know how much of a trouble the man would be, for now though I will let you deal with the situation as you see best."
Colin nodded, "I will let you know what sort of punitive reactions, if any, I resort to."

"Yeah I've read about battles like that. War of attrition and all of that. Each side trying to cut off the resources of the other until one side can't fight and has to give in. History was one of the classes I paid a bit of attention too." Serge said respectfully.

"Man I hope they don't destroy our food supply or poison our water. I haven't eaten yet."
He nodded, "Well, it's rather unlikely they'll have taken the time to poison our food and water; not much chance to poison every individual kitchen here, and the water's from the public water works, so that at least is more hassle than it's worth."

"Yes, agreed. How about after we check the floor, we go talk to our resident expert about that and if they caught anything on video, as well as the one other matter regarding our guests?" he suggested, nodding to Mundi as a source of we, so he wouldn't think he was going alone. "You could check your room, get a head start on informing my pater on things, or helping with the headcount?"
He nodded, "Check my room and change my clothes, I think."

"Man you have an Owl! That's cool." Serge said unnecessarily excited by the prospect of meeting an owl.

"Might have to do with their...slime," he suggested. Well, he'd seen far worse sources of tass lately.
He frowned, "Oh, yes, that's right, miss Larson did mention something about the snails - their mucus is laced with Quintessence, I think. Remarkable little gastropods, though they're a lot more like modern politicians than they're generally given credit for, I suppose... And no, I don't 'have' an owl. He's taken a liking to me after we met in the woods after a nasty skirmish with the Fallen, but I have no claim to him. He's a friend, visiting, that's all."

"Perhaps I am feeling paranoid..."
He smiled wryly, "Healthy attitude, that, under the circumstances..."

There did not seam to be any breaches of the wards, all looked to be in order the L shaped section,the meditation room called the chapel beyond and the storage rooms all well, all seamed to be in order.

Your group finished with the attic finding nothing more amiss, the other groups as well according to the map where finishing of their search though they took a little longer time as there where more rooms on the lower floors, but the various teams where slowly gravitating towards the cafeteria with a few left behind on each floor as guards.
He breathed a sigh of relief, "All seems clear. Let's head downstairs. I have a need for a change of clothes; usually, my suits sport two arms and legs..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Adley's Post:

'If the place explodes suddenly from you said that, I'm blaming you.' Nicole replied, giving a grin showing rather shoddy dental condition.

'Benefits for this opening, there is. Nothing like helping take down a Fallen in your first half-hour to show how you're worth keeping around.' leaning back on the wall, arms crossed; alert, but unwinding a little.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:34 am

He nodded, "Check my room and change my clothes, I think."
"Sounds good, I'll make my way to the office after, meet you there...?"
He frowned, "Oh, yes, that's right, miss Larson did mention something about the snails - their mucus is laced with Quintessence, I think. Remarkable little gastropods, though they're a lot more like modern politicians than they're generally given credit for, I suppose... And no, I don't 'have' an owl. He's taken a liking to me after we met in the woods after a nasty skirmish with the Fallen, but I have no claim to him. He's a friend, visiting, that's all.
"They don't deliver mail, either."
"If the place explodes suddenly from you said that, I'm blaming you.' Nicole replied, giving a grin showing rather shoddy dental condition.
"I'll pass on the sentiment to those most deserving," he said with a wry smile.
'Benefits for this opening, there is. Nothing like helping take down a Fallen in your first half-hour to show how you're worth keeping around.' leaning back on the wall, arms crossed; alert, but unwinding a little.
"Isn't that what you've come for? Backup support or is it just good timing?" he asked.
He breathed a sigh of relief, "All seems clear. Let's head downstairs. I have a need for a change of clothes; usually, my suits sport two arms and legs..."
"Nothing on our side, either," he said with a nod. He turned and started to head back downstairs at the front of the group. "I wouldn't bother with your second best suit, seeing as how things have been going I wouldn't waste it on them."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:12 am

Hannah's Room:

Colin nodded, "I will let you know what sort of punitive reactions, if any, I resort to."

Jeffry gave a sharp nod at that.
"Very well Mr Wainwright I will leave the matter in your hands."

Attic:

nodding to Mundi as a source of we, so he wouldn't think he was going alone.

Mundi wagged his tail happily at you.

"Nothing on our side, either," he said with a nod. He turned and started to head back downstairs at the front of the group. "I wouldn't bother with your second best suit, seeing as how things have been going I wouldn't waste it on them."

You headed downstairs on the third floor you saw Adjan and Ryan on guard duty both nodded to you and Adjan asked.
"Did all go well was there anything up there?"

Colin's room was on the second floor and there Jason and Hildegaard where keeping watch, all seamed calm for now though there where no one but the guards in the hallways themselves most likely they where all still in the cafeteria until all the search teams reported back that all was clear.

(OOC: Sorry for my slow reply I had a headache last night and fell asleep on the sofa and slept for ten hours straight.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 am

"Sounds good, I'll make my way to the office after, meet you there...?"
Colin nodded, "Then I can set aside the Tass I've collected, and the various other trinkets as well."

"They don't deliver mail, either."
He paused, "Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if I could persuade him to do so - he certainly seems clever enough to understand human speech, to an extent."

He smiled thinly, "I think we would have been quite as happy with a genius chef for the cafeteria, too... but you are right, getting to show off your skills in a useful manner upon arrival is a good icebreaker."

He frowned, "No, I think I have a sixty-dollar suit or two lying around that still fit. Don't particularly like to wear them, since they look and feel as cheap as they are, but... under the circumstances, well..."

((OOC: Hope you slept well, at least. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 am

'Don't believe so.' Nicole replied to Adjan's question, ending with a look to the others for confirmation. 'Has the rest of the place been secured?'

[Question: are we on the UK 'third floor' or the US 'third'?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 am

Colin nodded, "Then I can set aside the Tass I've collected, and the various other trinkets as well."
"Alright," he agreed.
He paused, "Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if I could persuade him to do so - he certainly seems clever enough to understand human speech, to an extent."
"Now, don't start to give him ideas like that. Next he'll be asking which House you belong to," he deadpanned.
He frowned, "No, I think I have a sixty-dollar suit or two lying around that still fit. Don't particularly like to wear them, since they look and feel as cheap as they are, but... under the circumstances, well..."
"Sixty bucks is cheap?" he said with a raised brow as they stopped on the second to drop off Colin and nod briefly to Hildegaard and Jason.
You headed downstairs on the third floor you saw Adjan and Ryan on guard duty both nodded to you and Adjan asked.
'Don't believe so.' Nicole replied, ending with a look to the others for confirmation. 'Things quietened down elsewhere?'
"Nothing else on our end other than what we already reported," he said, glancing around to see who was there. "Did we get a head count on everyone...anyone know where Narim is?" he requested.

// hope you feel better now Anja

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:37 am

'Don't believe so.' Nicole replied to Adjan's question, ending with a look to the others for confirmation. 'Has the rest of the place been secured?'

"I think so if I look at Miss Adleblooms map on my phone then the rest is congregating in the cafeteria which indicate the search have been completed Miss."
Adjan said politely and showed you his phone where the tiny little green dots in the cafeteria would indeed indicate that what he said where the case.

"Sixty bucks is cheap?" he said with a raised brow as they stopped on the second to drop off Colin and nod briefly to Hildegaard and Jason.

The two magi gave you a polite nod back as you got down to the second floor, things did seam calm here though and they where just keeping an eye out.

"Nothing else on our end other than what we already reported," he said, glancing around to see who was there. "Did we get a head count on everyone...anyone know where Narim is?" he requested.

On the second floor where only Hildegard and Jason.
"I do believe Master Sharaya is in the cafeteria Mr Roth Hicks."
Hildegard said and nodded.
"Yes a headcount have been done and we are all here, including guests, there where injuries but no fatalities in the attack, praise the One."
The Chorister said and she looked rathe relieved.

(OOC: I feel better I slept like the dead.)

(OOC 2: I did not know there where a difference so I do not know. Steelhaven have a basement, a first, second and third floor and then the attic so second floor would be two floors up from the ground.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Adley wrote:"They don't deliver mail, either."
Colin wrote:He paused, "Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if I could persuade him to do so - he certainly seems clever enough to understand human speech, to an extent."
Adley wrote:"Now, don't start to give him ideas like that. Next he'll be asking which House you belong to," he deadpanned.

Serge chuckled at the referencees and began drawing a small doodle of an owl mailman wearing the sorting hat and sporting Gryffindor's colors in his sketchbook.

Your group finished with the attic finding nothing more amiss, the other groups as well according to the map where finishing of their search though they took a little longer time as there where more rooms on the lower floors, but the various teams where slowly gravitating towards the cafeteria with a few left behind on each floor as guards.
Colin wrote:He breathed a sigh of relief, "All seems clear. Let's head downstairs. I have a need for a change of clothes; usually, my suits sport two arms and legs..."
Adley wrote:Nothing on our side, either," he said with a nod. He turned and started to head back downstairs at the front of the group.

"Looks like the other teams are heading back towards the cafeteria." Serge said glancing at his phone.

"Probably to report their findings. Is that where we're headed next?" The young cultist inquired as he followed the group, staying in the center.

Serge nodded politely at Ryan when he saw him but stayed quiet and let the older mages talk

"Colin's room was on the second floor and there Jason and Hildegaard where keeping watch, all seamed calm for now though there where no one but the guards in the hallways themselves most likely they where all still in the cafeteria until all the search teams reported back that all was clear.
Adley wrote:"Nothing else on our end other than what we already reported," he said, glancing around to see who was there. "Did we get a head count on everyone...anyone know where Narim is?" he requested.
On the second floor where only Hildegard and Jason.
"I do believe Master Sharaya is in the cafeteria Mr Roth Hicks."
Hildegard said and nodded.

" Do you know how many of the teams have reported back? How many of them are still searching?" Serge asked curiously.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor Corrctions)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Serge nodded politely at Ryan when he saw him but stayed quiet and let the older mages talk.

Ryan gave you a smile and a nod he did not speak but he did seam pleased to see that you where not harmed.

" Do you know how many of the teams have reported back? How many of them are still searching?" Serge asked curiously.

"I think all of them are done Mr Yager."
Hildegard said then she pointed downwards.
"Other than the prisoners and the wounded in the basement that are not so easy to move and a few guards on each floor everyone should be down in the cafeteria by now..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

A nod to this. 'Wicked. I'm going to get my coat, me. Then meet up in the cafeteria.'

[That's US-style. UK-style would be basement, ground, first, second etc. Was unsure which one you'd use by default].

[I'm assuming that the whole place is a no-smoking building?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm

"Be careful when you go of alone, the wards are not as strong in the basement as in the rest of the Chantry to avoid them harming a deliveryman or someone parking to visit without knowing we are mages, who happen to have a bit of magick in them. We would not want a delivery man who read Tarot on the weekends to be pushed back by the wards and by that discovering us all."
Hildegard said.

(OOC: Not really I doubt the Deacons have much knowledge about the dangers of passive smoking but some of the inhabitants might get upset if you smoke in the cafeteria, what Nicole do in her own apartment no one will care much about, there are no signs anywhere about it though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:01 pm

"I think all of them are done Mr Yager."
Hildegard said then she pointed downwards.
"Other than the prisoners and the wounded in the basement that are not so easy to move and a few guards on each floor everyone should be down in the cafeteria by now..."

"Guess that's where we need to go as well." Serge said as he looked in the direction of the cafeteria.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Gave a nod to Hildegard, then strode off briskly. The rest would get a view of her rather large rear for a moment before vanishing round the corner.

[Does she look like the kind of girl who cares what others think? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:14 pm

"I think so if I look at Miss Adleblooms map on my phone then the rest is congregating in the cafeteria which indicate the search have been completed Miss." Adjan said politely
"There was a Nephandus outside on the street trancing Willard but she ran off when we got up there, so keep alert."

"I do believe Master Sharaya is in the cafeteria Mr Roth Hicks."Hildegard said and nodded."Yes a headcount have been done and we are all here, including guests, there where injuries but no fatalities in the attack, praise the One."
"That's some good news, at least."
"Looks like the other teams are heading back towards the cafeteria." Serge said glancing at his phone.  "Probably to report their findings. Is that where we're headed next?" The young cultist inquired as he followed the group, staying in the center.
"Yes," he said.
A nod to this. 'Wicked. I'm going to get my coat, me. Then meet up in the cafeteria.'
"Pardon, where is your coat? I'd rather not have people going around alone if it can be helped."
"Be careful when you go of alone, the wards are not as strong in the basement as in the rest of the Chantry to avoid them harming a deliveryman or someone parking to visit without knowing we are mages, who happen to have a bit of magick in them. We would not want a delivery man who read Tarot on the weekends to be pushed back by the wards and by that discovering us all."
Hildegard said.
"Ah, basement? I am going to have to take my friend," he nodded to Mundi, "back down there after I report and put in a request with someone if you can wait, or we can find someone to go with you," he suggested.
Gave a nod to Hildegard, then strode off briskly. The rest would get a view of her rather large rear for a moment before vanishing round the corner.
He raised an eyebrow as she took off. "Or not," he said with a sigh and then looked at Mr Yager. "Please do me a favor and stick with someone," he said and then headed to the caf.

//oh whups thought Adjan was down in the caf already.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 pm

You moved though the Chantry, with everyone gathered in the cafeteria there where no one in the hallways, you get to the first floor and then the door to the garage, your car was where you had left it and nothing seamed to be amiss down here either, just allot of cars of various make and condition in neat rows and a bike or two as well. The walls down here needed a new coat of paint and one of the florescent lights in the roof needed changing.

"There was a Nephandus outside on the street trancing Willard but she ran off when we got up there, so keep alert."

Adjan frowned at that.
"Have the Chief been informed about this my friend?"
He asked.
"Did you see where this Nephandus went?"

"That's some good news, at least."

"Yes we where most fortunate we could easily have lost Miss Blackwell."
Hildegard said looking concerned.
"I could feel her slipping her injuries beyond my skill to heal, if Primus Steelhaven had not been there she would have returned to the One by now. The poor girl first a member of her Cabal betrays us and then she is almost killed."

He raised an eyebrow as she took off. "Or not," he said with a sigh and then looked at Mr Yager. "Please do me a favor and stick with someone," he said and then headed to the caf.

You got down to the cafeteria other that the guards and the ones you knew where in the basement everyone where here. Dion sat on a chair looking rather pale with her Cabal gathered around her. You see Richard there tending to Jon's bruised neck. Mr Acherman and Mr Rush was busy with others you had minor injuries. Your Mentor looked to have had his wounded arm tended to he stood besides George discussing something. You also see some you do not know, a young man with shaggy hair who stood talking with Rosa at the moment. A woman with sad dark eyes sat in a corner not moving, she was pretty with dark hair, wearing borrowed, simple clothing, and she was under guard, she might be Martha, Abigail's apprentice perhaps. You saw the two Mercere by themselves at a table only tended upon by Mrs Von Hess. There was a low murmur in the room, everyone was scared and upset. Narim was sitting beside Freddy discussing something he looked up when you came in though and gave you a warm smile, seemingly relieved to see you. Jeffry excused himself from George Steelhaven and made his way towards you.
"Mea filius how did things go? Are the attic clear?"
The old Hermetic asked.

You see Jane and Liv sitting on the floor coloring. Liv gave you a wave when you came in. Henrietta sat keeping an eye on the girls, she looked allot better now. Other than two more who where sent to guard the first floor rooms other than the cafeteria everyone where here, including a bound woman under guard that had to be Cadence Clearwater she sat there with the elderly Chorister from Westchapel that your spiderlings had scared the other day, the woman was probably Cadence's Mentor.

You walked down to the basement, there where no one around right now since almost everyone was in the cafeteria. You got down to the basement and past the corridor where all the trouble had been in and back to the lab where you had left your coat. The large man you had seen earlier where still on guard dusty at the end of this hallway.
"Hey...what is happening up there, sounds like there are a shit ton of trouble."
The man asked.
"We where told just to stay put down here by the node...oh and who are you by the way?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Adley wrote:He raised an eyebrow as she took off. "Or not," he said with a sigh and then looked at Mr Yager. "Please do me a favor and stick with someone," he said and then headed to the caf.

"Sure thing." Serge said as he followed Adley towards the Cafeteria.

You got down to the cafeteria other that the guards and the ones you knew where in the basement everyone where here. Dion sat on a chair looking rather pale with her Cabal gathered around her. You see Richard there tending to Jon's bruised neck. Mr Acherman and Mr Rush was busy with others you had minor injuries. Your Mentor looked to have had his wounded arm tended to he stood besides George discussing something. You also see some you do not know, a young man with shaggy hair who stood talking with Rosa at the moment. A woman with sad dark eyes sat in a corner not moving, she was pretty with dark hair, wearing borrowed, simple clothing, and she was under guard, she might be Martha, Abigail's apprentice perhaps. You saw the two Mercere by themselves at a table only tended upon by Mrs Von Hess. There was a low murmur in the room, everyone was scared and upset.

Even with Serge's absent-mindedness he couldn't ignore the sadness and fear that was present within the room. It reminded him of the same atmospheric fear and worry he had felt when he had first awoke in Westchapel just a couple of hours ago. Despite the fact that they had won and no lives were lost, Serge couldn't help but feel discouraged by what he saw.

You see Jane and Liv sitting on the floor coloring. Liv gave you a wave when you came in. Henrietta sat keeping an eye on the girls, she looked allot better now.

Serge smiled as he saw the two innocent girls harmlessly coloring on the floor. He silently wished that he could join them. Recognizing Jane from earlier in the morning, Serge gave her a friendly smile and waved to her.

Other than two more who where sent to guard the first floor rooms other than the cafeteria everyone where here, including a bound woman under guard that had to be Cadence Clearwater she sat there with the elderly Chorister from Westchapel that your spiderlings had scared the other day, the woman was probably Cadence's Mentor.

Serge frowned as he saw Cadence Clearwater bound and under guard. He had just had a 'nice' conversation with her just a couple of hours ago and seeing her like this reminded Serge of just how grim the situation was.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:53 pm

"Now, don't start to give him ideas like that. Next he'll be asking which House you belong to," he deadpanned.
Colin smiled wryly, "I'd think it would be obvious by now that I would belong to Hufflepuff. Gryffindors are too liable to be glory hounds, the Slytherins are too miserly with their innovations, and the Ravenclaws are ever too much reluctant to actually step into the breach even to defend their friends. Hufflepuff, though - we'd rather avoid fighting, but if we absolutely have to... we'll get it done."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, it was cheap when I bought them - though today you might be hard pressed to get even the cheapest suits off the rack for that price. A hundred to a hundred and fifty is generally considered the, hm, lower end of the price range these days... but again, the boots theorem of economic unfairness; a good bespoke suit can easily come to some 1,500 dollars... but that will last over ten times as long as the hundred dollar suit, and is likely to come with at least one extra pair of trousers and an annual adjustment deal. I do get mine somewhat cheaper, owing to an arrangement with the tailor, though - and might be able to persuade him to extend that discount to you, for the first suit. But even for something off the rack, you should expect three to five hundred dollars, easily... and no, I know that's not an easily digested price for someone in education."

He nodded to the others, "Alright, I'll be down in a couple of minutes, just need a quick change and to look for a book... Hum, I'll have to raid Mr. Bergen's fridge as well... Ten minutes, tops."
As the others started downstairs, he carefully opened his door and looked around, "Is that you in there, Jareth?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole went in, grabbed her jacket, checked her phone quickly and then started to head back when she was waylaid by the guard.

'Think it's all over for now, but need to keep alert just in case.' she replied, ending with a nod. 'Name's Nicole, just came in a couple hours back now. Sure somebody will come down in a little bit and bring you up to speed... for I don't really know.'

Unless the guard wishes to continue the conversation, she'll then head up quick to the cafeteria, hoping she won't miss anything.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I'd think it would be obvious by now that I would belong to Hufflepuff. Gryffindors are too liable to be glory hounds, the Slytherins are too miserly with their innovations, and the Ravenclaws are ever too much reluctant to actually step into the breach even to defend their friends. Hufflepuff, though - we'd rather avoid fighting, but if we absolutely have to... we'll get it done."
"Hmph," he said, with mock offense.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, it was cheap when I bought them - though today you might be hard pressed to get even the cheapest suits off the rack for that price. A hundred to a hundred and fifty is generally considered the, hm, lower end of the price range these days... but again, the boots theorem of economic unfairness; a good bespoke suit can easily come to some 1,500 dollars... but that will last over ten times as long as the hundred dollar suit, and is likely to come with at least one extra pair of trousers and an annual adjustment deal. I do get mine somewhat cheaper, owing to an arrangement with the tailor, though - and might be able to persuade him to extend that discount to you, for the first suit. But even for something off the rack, you should expect three to five hundred dollars, easily... and no, I know that's not an easily digested price for someone in education."
"That costs more than my car..." he said. "You're setting a high standard for me to live up to," he teased.
He nodded to the others, "Alright, I'll be down in a couple of minutes, just need a quick change and to look for a book... Hum, I'll have to raid Mr. Bergen's fridge as well... Ten minutes, tops."
"Alright, be careful amicus," he said.
Adjan frowned at that. "Have the Chief been informed about this my friend?" He asked. "Did you see where this Nephandus went?"
"Yes, he has. She took off across the street," he said, "But it's likely she's gone by now, perhaps through the umbra."
"Yes we where most fortunate we could easily have lost Miss Blackwell." Hildegard said looking concerned. "I could feel her slipping her injuries beyond my skill to heal, if Primus Steelhaven had not been there she would have returned to the One by now. The poor girl first a member of her Cabal betrays us and then she is almost killed."
"It was that close," he said with a frown and small shake of his head.
"Sure thing." Serge said as he followed Adley towards the Cafeteria.
"Thank you."
You got down to the cafeteria other that the guards and the ones you knew where in the basement everyone where here...
He glanced around, eyes lingering on the people he did not know, and then smiled back to Narim with a wave, face brightening a little when he saw him. As he saw the girls coloring he tilted his head, remembering the drawing he'd seen upstairs.
Jeffry excused himself from George Steelhaven and made his way towards you. "Mea filius how did things go? Are the attic clear?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"All clear, nothing else to report than what I already did, though there is no one on that floor now, I would give it another check and perhaps a guard as the other floors before allowing people to move back up there.

// is Hannah down there, or was Adjan by Narim's office then?

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ooc question)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Basement:

Nicole went in, grabbed her jacket, checked her phone quickly and then started to head back when she was waylaid by the guard.

You had gotten a few non important messages, facebook updates and the like, but nothing that required your attention at the moment. Your mentor had sent you a message that said:
"Did you arrive safely, have you gotten a place to stay?"
Other than that there was nothing new.

'Think it's all over for now, but need to keep alert just in case.' she replied, ending with a nod. 'Name's Nicole, just came in a couple hours back now. Sure somebody will come down in a little bit and bring you up to speed... for I don't really know.'

"Yeah ehm sure thank you. I am Bruce."
The large man said still looking rather puzzled.
"We will wait here for now then."

Hallway:

"Yes, he has. She took off across the street," he said, "But it's likely she's gone by now, perhaps through the umbra."

"It was that close," he said with a frown and small shake of his head.

"It was, her spine was badly broken and she had taken a serious hit to the head."
Hildegard said then she sigh.
"It was lucky Master Steelhaven was there or we would have lost her.

"Hum...that is a shame I would have felt better if we could have taken her down, preferably alive so we could have found out what she knew, and now there is a chance the will return but I guess it is what it is there is no point in going running after her for now."
Adjan said and frowned.

Cafeteria:

Serge smiled as he saw the two innocent girls harmlessly coloring on the floor. He silently wished that he could join them. Recognizing Jane from earlier in the morning, Serge gave her a friendly smile and waved to her.

Jane looked up from the tiger she was coloring blue with green stripes and adding bright pink fairy wings to and waved back. The other girl, a few years older than Jane, she might be about ten smiled to you and politely inclined her head she was coloring in a red rose, careful not to go outside of the lines.

Serge frowned as he saw Cadence Clearwater bound and under guard. He had just had a 'nice' conversation with her just a couple of hours ago and seeing her like this reminded Serge of just how grim the situation was.

Cadence looked up at you and managed a small smile, she looked rather pale and drawn and her Mentor gently patted her shoulder, the older Chorister seamed very concerned.

Unless the guard wishes to continue the conversation, she'll then head up quick to the cafeteria, hoping she won't miss anything.

You got back to the cafeteria it was crowded by scared mages, you see Adley speaking with the Chief. A few of the gathered mages give you hairy eyeballs since they did not know you. There where two women clearly held as prisoners, and the wounded was being seen to other than that there was nothing going on in the large room for now though everyone seamed to be on edge.

Colin's apartment:

As the others started downstairs, he carefully opened his door and looked around, "Is that you in there, Jareth?"

You heard the sound of something going thump, thump, thump on the floor and joyful squeaking from Jareth, you saw the owl on the floor, playing with a tomato he had stolen from the kitchen counter and that he was using as a ball, the tomato had not fared so well against the owls claws so there was bits of tomato everywhere. Jareth looked up and you with his head cocked to the side and hooted happily to see you and tried to look completely innocent over the mess on the kitchen floor, he had no idea how the tomato got there, honest.

He glanced around, eyes lingering on the people he did not know, and then smiled back to Narim with a wave, face brightening a little when he saw him. As he saw the girls coloring he tilted his head, remembering the drawing he'd seen upstairs.

Narim smiles to you and returned the wave. The girls drawings where definitively not as dark as what you had found upstairs, Jane was coloring a blue fairy tiger and Liv was coloring a bright red rose. Hannah came over to you she had been sitting beside Deaconess O'Connor.
"I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for saving me..."
He said before you could head over to your Mentor, then she gave a look at Serge not recognizing the young mage.
"Hello..."
She said politely.
"I do not think I know you."
Hannah was a very pretty young woman, tall with slightly curly, shoulder length blond hair and bright blue eyes, her gray shirt and jacket was covered in oily substance from the creature that had tried to drag her into a portal, she gave Serge a winning smile she might be his age or a year or two older.

"All clear, nothing else to report than what I already did, though there is no one on that floor now, I would give it another check and perhaps a guard as the other floors before allowing people to move back up there.

"Good, thank you for your aid mea filius. I will send someone to give the floors a second check and then everyone can return to their rooms. The guardian umbrood are fine by the way, just a but confused...but those are things best discussed in private."
Jeffry said and for the first time since you returned he had the time to put a rough hand on your shoulder.
"I am glad you are home safe mea filius."
He said and smiled but then his smile faded into concern as he looked you over.
"You do not look well though, are you injured?"

(OOC: Sorry forgot to say that yes Hannah is in the basement.)
(OOC 2: Nicole Hannah would be good looking enough to trigger her issues, in stat terms she have an appearance of 4.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:30 pm

"Hum...that is a shame I would have felt better if we could have taken her down, preferably alive so we could have found out what she knew, and now there is a chance the will return but I guess it is what it is there is no point in going running after her for now."
"Agreed...I don't like it either."
Narim smiles to you and returned the wave. The girls drawings where definitively not as dark as what you had found upstairs, Jane was coloring a blue fairy tiger and Liv was coloring a bright red rose.
He was still smiling and waving for a moment, realising he should probably stop, and felt a twinge of embarrasement. He was saved by Hannah approaching them.
"I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for saving me..."
"I am glad you were not seriously hurt or taken," he said with a nod to her.
"Good, thank you for your aid mea filius. I will send someone to give the floors a second check and then everyone can return to their rooms. The guardian umbrood are fine by the way, just a but confused...but those are things best discussed in private."
He nodded. "My amicus will join us soon, as will Ms Bouchard I assume. If you don't mind, I'm going to talk to Narim about what you asked about, should keep that private?" he asked. "Then I should bring my friend here back downstairs, then I can meet you in your office, unless there are other orders?"
Jeffry said and for the first time since you returned he had the time to put a rough hand on your shoulder. "I am glad you are home safe mea filius." He said and smiled but then his smile faded into concern as he looked you over. "You do not look well though, are you injured?"
"May I explain in private, pater, momentarily? It's very good to be home though," he added with a smile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next