Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 10 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Anja's Post:

Walking back upstairs Nicole quickly fingers out a message; 'yes. yes. Situation here: SNAFU. Might not have time to pick up gear personally. Nick.'

Anja's Post:

A nod. 'If they don't send someone to fill you in, I'll give 'em a poke.' she said with a little smile, knowing full well what guard duty felt like.

Anja's Post:

She looked around, seeing if Franscesa was there so she could return the pistol. Found a bit of wall out of the gangway to prop herself up on, hoping that the "old lot" would quickly prep them on the situation and issue orders...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 10 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Jane looked up from the tiger she was coloring blue with green stripes and adding bright pink fairy wings to and waved back. The other girl, a few years older than Jane, she might be about ten smiled to you and politely inclined her head she was coloring in a red rose, careful not to go outside of the lines.

Serge smiled and said, "That's an awesome drawing you got there. Tiger's are cool. Also you gave him the ability to fly! A fairy tiger. Now that's awesome."

Turning his head over, Serge saw the other girls drawing and smiled as well. "That's a nice flower your coloring. It reminds me of the flowers I used to draw for practice. Oh by the way my name is Serge Yager. I'm new here."

Flipping quickly through his sketchbook, Serge found the picture of the grandiose castle he had made during his trip to Steelhaven and showed it to the two girls. "I don't think I ever showed this picture to you. This is what I imagined Steelhaven was going to look like when I was coming over here. A big medieval castle full of wizards. Still wanna add a dragon to the roof though...."

Cadence looked up at you and managed a small smile, she looked rather pale and drawn and her Mentor gently patted her shoulder, the older Chorister seamed very concerned.

Serge returned the smile, not wanting to lower Cadence's mood even further.

"How you holding up?" Serge asked concerned about his old chantrymates well-being.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:32 pm

"Hmph," he said, with mock offense.
Colin chuckled, "You, though, would make an excellent Gryffindor... or Slytherin, depending on whether you would value friends over Hermetic secrets, if it came down to choosing. I'm inclined to believe the former, though."

"That costs more than my car..." he said. "You're setting a high standard for me to live up to," he teased.
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps... but then again, I don't have a car. And if you think about it, what do you think will help you more toward tenure, having a car or looking like an academic?"

"Alright, be careful amicus," he said.
He nodded, "I doubt the man has trapped his fridge, but I'll keep my arcane eye open, as it were, all the same."

You heard the sound of something going thump, thump, thump on the floor and joyful squeaking from Jareth, you saw the owl on the floor, playing with a tomato he had stolen from the kitchen counter and that he was using as a ball, the tomato had not fared so well against the owls claws so there was bits of tomato everywhere. Jareth looked up and you with his head cocked to the side and hooted happily to see you and tried to look completely innocent over the mess on the kitchen floor, he had no idea how the tomato got there, honest.
He pushed his door completely open, sighing in a tone of unmistakably exasperated affection, "Oh, Jareth, I can't leave you alone for five minutes, can I? Whatever will I say to your father?"
He glanced out at Hildegard and Jason, "My apartment seems clear - the blip in here is one of Mr. Ackerman's children."
He shook his head and found a clean kitchen rag to wipe off Jareth's claws before mopping up the bits of fruit on the floor, "Humph, hold still, my friend, I can't have you track tomato juice over everything... Now, I'm going to get changed into a still intact set of clothes - would you like to come along with me afterwards instead of murdering my dinner supplies?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Basement:

Walking back upstairs Nicole quickly fingers out a message; 'yes. yes. Situation here: SNAFU. Might not have time to pick up gear personally. Nick.'

You quickly got a reply back from your Mentor.
"I can have your gear sent to you where are you? Other than that you have the training to handle a situation, but do stay safe."

A nod. 'If they don't send someone to fill you in, I'll give 'em a poke.' she said with a little smile, knowing full well what guard duty felt like.

"Thanks Nicole I appreciate it."
The large gruff man said and leaned against the wall where he stood keeping an eye on the door to the Node chamber.

She looked around, seeing if Franscesa was there so she could return the pistol. Found a bit of wall out of the gangway to prop herself up on, hoping that the "old lot" would quickly prep them on the situation and issue orders...

Francesca was there she was sitting on a chair while a small man that really looked like an own with large round glasses, a short neck and mouse brown hair, wearing a brown turtle neck sweater, and dark gray pants stood with a pot of earth seeding something and somehow using that to heal her broken ribs.

Hallway:

"Agreed...I don't like it either."

"We are just going to have to keep our eyes open."
Adjan said and nodded in agreement.

Cafeteria

"I am glad you were not seriously hurt or taken," he said with a nod to her.

"Yeah I am fine, don't worry about it. Dr Lee wants to check me out when done with the wounded anyway and I will let him but I was not hurt. I am grateful to all of you though."
Hannah said and she gave you a tired smile.

He nodded. "My amicus will join us soon, as will Ms Bouchard I assume. If you don't mind, I'm going to talk to Narim about what you asked about, should keep that private?" he asked. "Then I should bring my friend here back downstairs, then I can meet you in your office, unless there are other orders?"

You see Nicole entering the cafeteria after a little while. Jeffry glanced in that direction then he nodded.
"Yes go and talk with Master Sharaya and I do think keeping that private is a good idea for now, I do not want to scare anyone needlessly right now. Then returning Mundi to his master and meeting up in my office sounds like a plan."
The old war mage agreed.

"May I explain in private, pater, momentarily? It's very good to be home though," he added with a smile.

"Off course mea filius I did not mean to cause embarrassment issues of health should probably be discussed privately indeed you can explain later in my office, but I hope you forgive me for being quite concerned."
Jeffry said he understood wanting to take such matters in private he did not enjoy showing weakness publicly either."

Serge smiled and said, "That's an awesome drawing you got there. Tiger's are cool. Also you gave him the ability to fly! A fairy tiger. Now that's awesome."

Jane looked up and smiled to you.
"Thank you Sir, yes he is a fairy tiger and he fly around and eat stars."
She said happily.

Turning his head over, Serge saw the other girls drawing and smiled as well. "That's a nice flower your coloring. It reminds me of the flowers I used to draw for practice. Oh by the way my name is Serge Yager. I'm new here."

The older girl looked confused and Jane tried to translate in rather broken Latin and Liv turned to you speaking in very poor English.
"Thank...you...Sir...I am Liv Bergen apprentice to Master Boz bani Janissary."
She said and smiled.

Flipping quickly through his sketchbook, Serge found the picture of the grandiose castle he had made during his trip to Steelhaven and showed it to the two girls. "I don't think I ever showed this picture to you. This is what I imagined Steelhaven was going to look like when I was coming over here. A big medieval castle full of wizards. Still wanna add a dragon to the roof though...."

"Yes it needs a dragon Sir."
Jane said and Liv said something in Latin whiel looking at the picture and Jane translated.
"She says she likes your drawing Mr Yager."
The pale Goth girl who had been passed on out the floor of the basement sat watching over the young mages she smiles to you.
"You seam to have quite a gift with children Sir."
She said in a friendly tone of voice.

Serge returned the smile, not wanting to lower Cadence's mood even further.

"How you holding up?" Serge asked concerned about his old chantrymates well-being.

Cadence looked over at you and smiled sadly.
"I am...as well as I can me I think."
She said her Mentor looked over at you and gave you a slight smile for being kind to her student even under these circumstances, many would not be and the old woman looked grateful.

Colin's apartment:

He pushed his door completely open, sighing in a tone of unmistakably exasperated affection, "Oh, Jareth, I can't leave you alone for five minutes, can I? Whatever will I say to your father?"

The owl looked a little guilty though he could not help but give the tomato another kick it was after all so much fun.

He glanced out at Hildegard and Jason, "My apartment seems clear - the blip in here is one of Mr. Ackerman's children."

"Good to hear, all apartments where checked as delicately as possible, your new friend do seam to have made a bit of a mess in your kitchen though."
Jason said with a small smile.

He shook his head and found a clean kitchen rag to wipe off Jareth's claws before mopping up the bits of fruit on the floor, "Humph, hold still, my friend, I can't have you track tomato juice over everything... Now, I'm going to get changed into a still intact set of clothes - would you like to come along with me afterwards instead of murdering my dinner supplies?"

Jareth let you clean his claws with little fuss, he looked at you and turned his head around at an angle only and owl can do and hooted at you before flapping his wings and landing on your shoulder, going with you seamed to suit him just fine.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Anja's Post:

A quick message reply. 'Hold off for a few days. No point sending the crates till I know time and space issues. Thanks. Nick.'

Anja's Post:

Seeing that she was busy, Nicole checked the safety, then slipped the pistol in her jacket pocket. She'll return it when the owner had the time.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Colin chuckled, "You, though, would make an excellent Gryffindor... or Slytherin, depending on whether you would value friends over Hermetic secrets, if it came down to choosing. I'm inclined to believe the former, though."
"I'm fairly happy in the House I am in currently."
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps... but then again, I don't have a car. And if you think about it, what do you think will help you more toward tenure, having a car or looking like an academic?"
"One gets me to work, though I could take the T. The other...well, I can't say since I've never worn such a nice a one as to cost that much of my paycheck, so I have no idea what effect it would have. Surprise is likely, and snarky comments around the water cooler about how I stole it off of a mannequin in the dead of the night."
"Yeah I am fine, don't worry about it. Dr Lee wants to check me out when done with the wounded anyway and I will let him but I was not hurt. I am grateful to all of you though." Hannah said and she gave you a tired smile.
"It's always a good idea to be checked after such a thing, just in case. If you'll excuse me, I need to check in, I will pass on your gratitude," he said with a nod and then towards Serge as well.
Yes go and talk with Master Sharaya and I do think keeping that private is a good idea for now, I do not want to scare anyone needlessly right now. Then returning Mundi to his master and meeting up in my office sounds like a plan."
"Hrm, is your office the closest private space...I could write it out," he added, more to himself.
"Off course mea filius I did not mean to cause embarrassment issues of health should probably be discussed privately indeed you can explain later in my office, but I hope you forgive me for being quite concerned."
"There is nothing to forgive, pater thank you for your concern. It's just...a bit complicated. But let me get this finished, in case there is something to follow up upon." He gave him a pat on the arm and then a nod, walking over to where Freddy and Narim were sitting. "Pardon me for interrupting, can I have a few moments of your time?" he asked Narim. Then to Freddy, he said, "Thank you for what you sent us, very handy. I hope you are starting to feel better."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:59 pm

"I'm fairly happy in the House I am in currently."
Colin grinned, "Very true. Besides, Hogwarts is specifically for Wizards of the British Isles; America has its own schools."

"One gets me to work, though I could take the T. The other...well, I can't say since I've never worn such a nice a one as to cost that much of my paycheck, so I have no idea what effect it would have. Surprise is likely, and snarky comments around the water cooler about how I stole it off of a mannequin in the dead of the night."
He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know... More likely that you decided to roll with a mix-up at the dry cleaner's... I don't quite think you have the air of someone who would go through the rather cumbersome affair of stripping a mannequin while trying not to get caught."

The owl looked a little guilty though he could not help but give the tomato another kick it was after all so much fun.
He chuckled softly, "I'll most certainly have to get you some durable toys..."

"Good to hear, all apartments where checked as delicately as possible, your new friend do seam to have made a bit of a mess in your kitchen though."
Jason said with a small smile.
He sighed, "Yes... I thought I'd put the tomatoes in the refrigerator, but it seems one had... eluded me."

Jareth let you clean his claws with little fuss, he looked at you and turned his head around at an angle only and owl can do and hooted at you before flapping his wings and landing on your shoulder, going with you seamed to suit him just fine.
He smiled and reached up to stroke Jareth gently on the head before setting the bag of sand down on the floor and quickly sorting through the contents of his pockets - placing the phylactery in his little, locked cashbox, the toy car and empty soda can on a suitable shelf, the Tass he had in a spare jewelry box, the box with the pine cone and Crexia's embroidery carefully placed in a drawer, and her "blood" sample carefully set aside with the gun and ammunition, and other items in another drawer just so Jareth wouldn't play with them while Colin changed.
Then he fetched an old, cheap, rarely-used suit out of the closet with a bit of disdain; it might be a suit, but it looked and felt cheap... but, it was probably not going to survive the day, so perhaps it wasn't a total loss, all the same. "I'm going to need you to hop off my shoulder while I change, you know."

After a quick scrub and change, he swiftly loaded up again - wallet, gun, ammunition, Foci, Tass - and Crexia's blood sample, to hold to his promise of keeping it immediately close, though he used a few moments to find a suitable padded case for it; an old pen case or similar. Then he rummaged through his bookshelves for that hardcover copy of Dune...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Jane looked up and smiled to you.
"Thank you Sir, yes he is a fairy tiger and he fly around and eat stars."
She said happily.

'Fly around and eat stars! Now that's a powerful tiger. Hope he doesn't eat our sun though...." Serge said with a smile.

"Reminds me of the animals I thought up earlier. A half-shark half-eagle monster that flies around and looks cool. I call it the Sheagle and it has cool black sunglasses." Serge said toning down his original creation to be more child-friendly.

The older girl looked confused and Jane tried to translate in rather broken Latin and Liv turned to you speaking in very poor English.
"Thank...you...Sir...I am Liv Bergen apprentice to Master Boz bani Janissary."
She said and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Liv." Serge said giving Jane easier phrases to translate.

"Yes it needs a dragon Sir."
Jane said and Liv said something in Latin whiel looking at the picture and Jane translated.
"She says she likes your drawing Mr Yager."

"Thank you Liv." Serge said.

Looking down at his picture Serge smiled and said, "You know what. I don't have much to do right now. I'll add a dragon now. Give me some ideas about what i should draw on it." and he pulled out a picture and went to work drawing a dragon flying around the roof of the castle, adding in any elements that the girls may suggest.

The pale Goth girl who had been passed on out the floor of the basement sat watching over the young mages she smiles to you.
"You seam to have quite a gift with children Sir."
She said in a friendly tone of voice.

"Yeah I've always found it easier to talk with kids than with adults. I guess it's cause I've always seen myself more as a child than an adult." Serge said chuckling and turning towards the pale goth girl.

"My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy. Just moved in here this morning." Serge said polity introducing himself as he continued with his dragon picture.

Cadence looked over at you and smiled sadly.
"I am...as well as I can me I think."
She said her Mentor looked over at you and gave you a slight smile for being kind to her student even under these circumstances, many would not be and the old woman looked grateful.

"I'm glad your not hurt." Serge said with a smile. "It's been quite a day."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:37 am

Colin's room:

He chuckled softly, "I'll most certainly have to get you some durable toys..."

Jareth looked at you cooed and then glanced at you happily.

He sighed, "Yes... I thought I'd put the tomatoes in the refrigerator, but it seems one had... eluded me."

"Well your feathery friend found the lost tomato for you."
Jason said with a grin.
"He is helpful."

He smiled and reached up to stroke Jareth gently on the head before setting the bag of sand down on the floor and quickly sorting through the contents of his pockets - placing the phylactery in his little, locked cashbox, the toy car and empty soda can on a suitable shelf, the Tass he had in a spare jewelry box, the box with the pine cone and Crexia's embroidery carefully placed in a drawer, and her "blood" sample carefully set aside with the gun and ammunition, and other items in another drawer just so Jareth wouldn't play with them while Colin changed.

The owl looked at all you where doing curiously then he begun to gently preen your hair affectionately, taking strands in his beak and dragging of anything that should not be there like he would do with his own feathers.

Then he fetched an old, cheap, rarely-used suit out of the closet with a bit of disdain; it might be a suit, but it looked and felt cheap... but, it was probably not going to survive the day, so perhaps it wasn't a total loss, all the same. "I'm going to need you to hop off my shoulder while I change, you know."

The bird flapped his wings a couple of times and hopped from your shoulder to a chair as if he understood exactly what you told him, and he hooted a few times and settled down on the chair watching you do strange human things.

After a quick scrub and change, he swiftly loaded up again - wallet, gun, ammunition, Foci, Tass - and Crexia's blood sample, to hold to his promise of keeping it immediately close, though he used a few moments to find a suitable padded case for it; an old pen case or similar. Then he rummaged through his bookshelves for that hardcover copy of Dune...

You found an old pen case and then easily found the hard cover copy of Dune in your shelf, well read and loved but still in good condition. Jareth was still looking at you, probably thinking that all of the things you where doing where rather strange.

Cafeteria:

'Fly around and eat stars! Now that's a powerful tiger. Hope he doesn't eat our sun though...." Serge said with a smile.

"No Sir he will leave that one alone."
Jane said as she colored.
"Hum, I think he needs a bow on his tail, do you think he needs a bow on his tail Sir?"

"Reminds me of the animals I thought up earlier. A half-shark half-eagle monster that flies around and looks cool. I call it the Sheagle and it has cool black sunglasses." Serge said toning down his original creation to be more child-friendly.

"That is cool Sir...can it be pink?"
Jane said and grinned.
"I like sharks, they are fish. I have an aquarium with goldfish in it. I have also met a wershark, he is nice, he said he can swim around under water."
The little girl said as she rummaged around the box of crayons for the color she wanted.

"It's nice to meet you Liv." Serge said giving Jane easier phrases to translate.

Jane translated in what little Latin she knew and Liv held out her hand to you in greeting.
"It is...ehm..."
She said struggling with the words and Jane helped her.
"Nice to meet you Sir."

"Thank you Liv." Serge said.

The little girl gave you a big smile.

Looking down at his picture Serge smiled and said, "You know what. I don't have much to do right now. I'll add a dragon now. Give me some ideas about what i should draw on it." and he pulled out a picture and went to work drawing a dragon flying around the roof of the castle, adding in any elements that the girls may suggest.

"Perhaps it should have two sets of wings Sir."
Jane said as she leaned over to watch you draw. Liv also put down her red crayon to look. Both the girls pointing and making suggestions.
"What is his name?"
Jane asked about the dragon.

"Yeah I've always found it easier to talk with kids than with adults. I guess it's cause I've always seen myself more as a child than an adult." Serge said chuckling and turning towards the pale goth girl.

"There are far worse things to consider oneself, and it is good you are giving the girls some distraction from all that is going on."
The goth girl said and smiled.

"My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy. Just moved in here this morning." Serge said polity introducing himself as he continued with his dragon picture.

"I am Henrietta Day linear member of the Hollow Ones, it is nice to meet you Mr Yager."
The goth girl said politely and offered her hand in greeting.
"Your drawings are remarkable."

"I'm glad your not hurt." Serge said with a smile. "It's been quite a day."

"Well it was an attack by the Nephandi the way I understand it Serge I am not the one most likely to get hurt in that you know."
Cadence said with a sad smile. Mrs Danielson Cadence's Mentor looked at you for a moment then she said.
"Thank you for being kind to my student Mr Yager, I do appreciate it your Mentor taught you well."
Mrs Danielson was a small woman, quite elderly wearing a dark purple dress, a black shawls, a gold cross pendant around her neck and her graying hair was in a bun. Big purple framed glassed and huge purple hoop earrings completed her outfit, on the table next to her was one of the gigantic hats full of silk flowers that she liked to wear.

A quick message reply. 'Hold off for a few days. No point sending the crates till I know time and space issues. Thanks. Nick.'

You got a reply back that just said.
"Understood."

Seeing that she was busy, Nicole checked the safety, then slipped the pistol in her jacket pocket. She'll return it when the owner had the time.

"Are you new here?"
A man with ruffled dark blond hair asked as he stepped over to you.
"I have not seen you before Miss."
He said giving you a slight smile.

"It's always a good idea to be checked after such a thing, just in case. If you'll excuse me, I need to check in, I will pass on your gratitude," he said with a nod and then towards Serge as well.

"Agreed, and please do not let me keep you I just wanted to give my thanks for the rescue, it seams my mother is getting rather desperate to retrieve me."
Hannah said and she frowned a moment at that thought before she stepped to the side so you could carry on with your business.

"Hrm, is your office the closest private space...I could write it out," he added, more to himself

"Feel free to use my office if you need it to talk privately with Mr Sharaya."
Jeffry said and handed you the keys.
"I trust you mea filius."
He added then he smiled.
"Well you know where the coffee maker is."

"There is nothing to forgive, pater thank you for your concern. It's just...a bit complicated. But let me get this finished, in case there is something to follow up upon." He gave him a pat on the arm and then a nod,

"Very well, and I certinly understand complicated after the week we have been having. We will discuss it later mea filius."
Jeffry said though he still looked very concerned about your well being.

walking over to where Freddy and Narim were sitting. "Pardon me for interrupting, can I have a few moments of your time?" he asked Narim.

Narim gave you a smile, his earlier injuries had been healed but his clothes where still blood stained.
"Off course Adley."
He said and excused himself to Freddy and stood.
"What is on your mind?"

Then to Freddy, he said, "Thank you for what you sent us, very handy. I hope you are starting to feel better."

"I am glad it worked I needed help writing up the code for it."
Freddy said and smiled.
"I am feeling better I am seeing shapes and a bit of color now so I can navigate around, I am told I will be completely fine once the shock settles so do not worry about me. I am only annoyed I can not be more useful until I can see properly again."
The Virtual Adept said then she asked.
"Do you know where Colin is Adley? He was not hurt in the attack was he?"
She added sounding concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:05 am

He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know... More likely that you decided to roll with a mix-up at the dry cleaner's... I don't quite think you have the air of someone who would go through the rather cumbersome affair of stripping a mannequin while trying not to get caught."
"Unexpected windfalls seem to be your motif," he said with a grin.
"Agreed, and please do not let me keep you I just wanted to give my thanks for the rescue, it seams my mother is getting rather desperate to retrieve me."
Hannah said
"Unfortunately, but she was not successful."
"Feel free to use my office if you need it to talk privately with Mr Sharaya."
Jeffry said and handed you the keys.
"I trust you mea filius."
He added then he smiled.
"Well you know where the coffee maker is."
"Thank you sir, " he said, taking the keys. "I'll lock everything up and bring them back before I go downstairs."
Narim gave you a smile, his earlier injuries had been healed but his clothes where still blood stained.
"Off course Adley."
He said and excused himself to Freddy and stood.
"What is on your mind?"
"The chief said we could use his office, it's on this floor and not far from everyone but private."
"I am glad it worked I needed help writing up the code for it."
Freddy said and smiled.
"I am feeling better I am seeing shapes and a bit of color now so I can navigate around, I am told I will be completely fine once the shock settles so do not worry about me. I am only annoyed I can not be more useful until I can see properly again."
"It's a relief to know you will be ok, in time."
"Do you know where Colin is Adley? He was not hurt in the attack was he?"
She added sounding concerned.
"He should be down soon, he was just cleaning up. He was not hurt in this attack, don't worry. I'll be back, I just need to discuss a few things with Master Sharaya."

He started to walk towards the Security office at his best pace, talking to Narim as he went until they got inside and he could speak of the more private issues of security. "What's on my mind? Quite a lot. I wish half my conversations with you didn't start with me asking for your help, so I will say I'm glad to see your arm has been healed, that looked painful, are you ok? That was very brave of you, though I wish I had gotten there sooner and helped prevent you getting hurt, or others..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 am

"No Sir he will leave that one alone."
Jane said as she colored.
"Hum, I think he needs a bow on his tail, do you think he needs a bow on his tail Sir?"

"A pretty bow on the tail would be nice. What color do you think it should be though?" Serge said wanting to let Jane's own imagination do the work in her drawings.

"That is cool Sir...can it be pink?"
Jane said and grinned.

"Of course it can. I'm thinking pink and white. Or maybe we can give it the ability to change it's color at will. That way it can be any color that it wants to be. Like a chameleon. That would be a cool power right?" Serge suggested.

"I like sharks, they are fish. I have an aquarium with goldfish in it. I have also met a wershark, he is nice, he said he can swim around under water."
The little girl said as she rummaged around the box of crayons for the color she wanted.

"Woah woah woah woah woah. What'd you just say. You met a wereshark? That....is the single most coolest thing I've heard! And I've met a guy with a Shark Sword and some vampires today.  A wereshark! I didn't even know that was a thing! Damn now I wanna meet him." Serge said a little jealous.

"Perhaps it should have two sets of wings Sir."
Jane said as she leaned over to watch you draw. Liv also put down her red crayon to look. Both the girls pointing and making suggestions.

"Nice idea!" Serge said as he added Jane's suggestion as well as any others the girls wanted.

"What is his name?"
Jane asked about the dragon.

"His name will be Draxxor! Destroyer of castles and cookies." Serge said with a chuckle. "Putting an x in somethings name just makes it sound cooler."

"There are far worse things to consider oneself, and it is good you are giving the girls some distraction from all that is going on."
The goth girl said and smiled.

"Yeah well I need the distraction myself. I've always imagined myself fighting the forces of evil and today I just got to live that. I have to say it was exhilarating....and terrifying. I think I preferred it in my head where it was safer." Serge said with a smile.

"I am Henrietta Day linear member of the Hollow Ones, it is nice to meet you Mr Yager."
The goth girl said politely and offered her hand in greeting.
"Your drawings are remarkable."

"Thanks." Serge said with a smile. "I've been drawing for at least 15 years. It'd be weird if I wasn't at least somewhat decent at it."

"Well it was an attack by the Nephandi the way I understand it Serge I am not the one most likely to get hurt in that you know."
Cadence said with a sad smile.

"Ehhhhh, I don't think those oil-men cared. They attacked whoever was a threat and after a certain someone used his magick on them they weren't exactly in the right state of mind." Serge said sheepishly remembering how his magick had caused the oil-men to panick and trampling whoever was in their path of retreat.

Mrs Danielson Cadence's Mentor looked at you for a moment then she said.
"Thank you for being kind to my student Mr Yager, I do appreciate it your Mentor taught you well."
Mrs Danielson was a small woman, quite elderly wearing a dark purple dress, a black shawls, a gold cross pendant around her neck and her graying hair was in a bun. Big purple framed glassed and huge purple hoop earrings completed her outfit, on the table next to her was one of the gigantic hats full of silk flowers that she liked to wear.

"It's no problem. How about you? Are you feeling OK Mrs. Danielson?" Serge asked turning towards the elderly women.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:39 am

"Unfortunately, but she was not successful."

"Yes she was not, but damn I did not think she would go this far."
Hannah muttered softly.
"I guess a part of me always thought that she...well it do not matter."
She muttered sadly.

"Thank you sir, " he said, taking the keys. "I'll lock everything up and bring them back before I go downstairs."

"Good, I will most likely be here a little while longer as I have a few things to take care of."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"The chief said we could use his office, it's on this floor and not far from everyone but private."

"Ok, that works for me."
Narim said and indicated he would go with you.

"It's a relief to know you will be ok, in time."

"Thanks, I will be fine I guess we have all taken our licks in this conflict."
Freddy said and smiled a little.
"I am not going to say it was not scary as hell, but I try not to think about it."

He should be down soon, he was just cleaning up. He was not hurt in this attack, don't worry. I'll be back, I just need to discuss a few things with Master Sharaya."

"Off course do not let me keep you, I just got worried when Colin did not come in with you, for if he had gotten himself hurt I would strangle him."
The Virtual Adept said sounding relieved.

He started to walk towards the Security office at his best pace, talking to Narim as he went until they got inside and he could speak of the more private issues of security. "What's on my mind? Quite a lot. I wish half my conversations with you didn't start with me asking for your help, so I will say I'm glad to see your arm has been healed, that looked painful, are you ok? That was very brave of you, though I wish I had gotten there sooner and helped prevent you getting hurt, or others..."

Narim smiled a little as he walked beside you, he looked tired he had not gotten the chance to sleep much over the last few days.
"I do not mind you asking for help Adley I am glad when I can help out."
He assured you then he looked at his arm and opened and closed his hand a few times.
"I am ok, yes it did hurt at the time but it is healed now, it is just a bit tender. And you can not be everywhere at once, and I know that is ironic coming from me, but but yeah. As for brave I don't now we all did what we could to protect the Chantry, and you know the Chief would not have let that thing drag Miss Larson though the portal alive if it had looked like we where about to loose her he would have acted...trying to get her out was the only way to save her life. Thank you for worrying though."
He said then he looked at you and frowned.
"But what about you Adley you look to be in pain."
He said softly.
"Are you hurt?"
You got to the door to the Chief's office and Narim waited while you unlocked it.

"A pretty bow on the tail would be nice. What color do you think it should be though?" Serge said wanting to let Jane's own imagination do the work in her drawings.

"Hum...light pink I think it should be a light pink bow Sir."
Jane said and she rummaged through the crayons until she found one that was light baby pink and started to draw a big bow on the green tiger's tail.
"Now he is pretty."

"Of course it can. I'm thinking pink and white. Or maybe we can give it the ability to change it's color at will. That way it can be any color that it wants to be. Like a chameleon. That would be a cool power right?" Serge suggested.

"Yeah that would be cool then he could give himself a flower pattern when he wants to."
Jane said eagerly.
"That is a really good idea Sir."

"Woah woah woah woah woah. What'd you just say. You met a wereshark? That....is the single most coolest thing I've heard! And I've met a guy with a Shark Sword and some vampires today. A wereshark! I didn't even know that was a thing! Damn now I wanna meet him." Serge said a little jealous.

"The guy with the shark sword is Mr Karyak he writes children's books he gave me one. The wereshark is Mr Coawa he is his friend, he was very nice and he said there are all kinds of strange creatures in the sea, even sea vampires but those he do not like. My Mentor do not like vampires either she says I am not allowed to go near them."
Jane explained as she continued to color in her tiger the picture was now rather different from the one the coloring book had intended.

"Nice idea!" Serge said as he added Jane's suggestion as well as any others the girls wanted.

"Can he have one of those spear head things on his tail Sir?"
Jane asked and pointed and Liv said something and she translated.
"And some gold and necklaces in his claws?"

"His name will be Draxxor! Destroyer of castles and cookies." Serge said with a chuckle. "Putting an x in somethings name just makes it sound cooler."

"That is a good name Sir."
Jane said and giggled.
"Hum...you might be right, adding X might make it sound cool indeed. We can have him fly and land on the Nephandi's Labyrinth and it will be flat...the Nephandi are mean and deserve tho have their place flattened."
The little girl declared.
"They are super mean!"

"Yeah well I need the distraction myself. I've always imagined myself fighting the forces of evil and today I just got to live that. I have to say it was exhilarating....and terrifying. I think I preferred it in my head where it was safer." Serge said with a smile.

"Imagining conflict or reading about it are usually more fun than actually being in one."
Henrietta said and smiled sadly.
"There have been so much suffering around her lately, damn Nephandi I just they could just go somewhere and be fatalistic in peace and leave the rest of us alone."

"Thanks." Serge said with a smile. "I've been drawing for at least 15 years. It'd be weird if I wasn't at least somewhat decent at it."

"Well your drawings are beautiful, you are quite talented."
Henrietta said and smiled.
"I wish I could draw like that but it never really clicked for me, I can sew but now draw a picture."

"Ehhhhh, I don't think those oil-men cared. They attacked whoever was a threat and after a certain someone used his magick on them they weren't exactly in the right state of mind." Serge said sheepishly remembering how his magick had caused the oil-men to panick and trampling whoever was in their path of retreat.

"Ah it was this large mass with oil like creatures coming out of it? That is a nasty one it is one of Jace one of the Prelate's bound spirits, one of his favorites."
Cadence said and grimaced.
"Getting in the way of it might be bad yes, not in their right mind? Well they would be sensitive to Mind magick even if they are resistant to everything else. Jace bound the spirits with a bit of his own spinal fluids to make them and him of one mind."

"It's no problem. How about you? Are you feeling OK Mrs. Danielson?" Serge asked turning towards the elderly women.

"Physically yes I am young man, but my apprentice are going on trial for being a Nephandus, I can not really say that I am ok no."
She said and Cadence gave the older Chorister a guilty look.
"I am so sorry."
She muttered and Mrs Danielson patted her on the arm.
"That is ok sweet child, that is ok do not worry about me for now there is no point in guilt. What you did was terrible but it is what it is and for now...we are just going to try to find some way to keep the law from..."
Cadence swallowed hard and looked over at the man and woman sitting by a table on their own just looking out into nowhere and the woman who had hid in a corner in fear.
"Yeah..."
She muttered but she now looked rather like she could throw up at any moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 am

"Yes she was not, but damn I did not think she would go this far." Hannah muttered softly.  "I guess a part of me always thought that she...well it do not matter." She muttered sadly.
He frowned a little at her. "You matter and not just for whatever she had planned for you; after all many children don't follow in their birth parents footsteps, for the better. Sometimes they find they find their own family, later. Look, I know this is a lot to deal with, but we can get through it."
"Off course do not let me keep you, I just got worried when Colin did not come in with you, for if he had gotten himself hurt I would strangle him." The Virtual Adept said sounding relieved.
He chuckled a little. "I'm glad to save him that trouble then."
As for brave I don't now we all did what we could to protect the Chantry, and you know the Chief would not have let that thing drag Miss Larson though the portal alive if it had looked like we where about to loose her he would have acted...trying to get her out was the only way to save her life. Thank you for worrying though."
"That still sounds like bravery to me," he said. "Not that I was happy to know that you were in there, with the danger...actually less happy there was danger to begin with of course. But it worked, you and everyone saved her, just like you said, everyone did what they could. And she offered her thanks, if you missed it."
He said then he looked at you and frowned. "But what about you Adley you look to be in pain." He said softly. "Are you hurt?" You got to the door to the Chief's office and Narim waited while you unlocked it.
"It's a bit complicated," he said, glancing over the door and then unlocking it. He looked around the office to make sure everything looked right before walking in and waiting for Narim, closing the door behind them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:37 am

He frowned a little at her. "You matter and not just for whatever she had planned for you; after all many children don't follow in their birth parents footsteps, for the better. Sometimes they find they find their own family, later. Look, I know this is a lot to deal with, but we can get through it."

"I hope you are right, I just feel betrayed I guess, I am after all still fond of my mother."
Hannah said then she sigh.
"Well I can deal with my hurt feeling later we...need to make sure the Chantry is safe first, I will be ok promise."

He chuckled a little. "I'm glad to save him that trouble then."

Freddy grinned at that and nodded.
"Good..."
She said happily.

"That still sounds like bravery to me," he said. "Not that I was happy to know that you were in there, with the danger...actually less happy there was danger to begin with of course. But it worked, you and everyone saved her, just like you said, everyone did what they could. And she offered her thanks, if you missed it."

"I you want to call it that then...thank you."
Narim said and looked down a bit self consciously.
"We all had to do what we could to protect the Chantry, there where no other choice and no thanks are needed I am glad that Miss Larson is alright though, that creature that attacked us was most foul."

"It's a bit complicated," he said, glancing over the door and then unlocking it. He looked around the office to make sure everything looked right before walking in and waiting for Narim, closing the door behind them.

"I see, well you do not need to go into details if you do not want to but it do make me concerned."
Narim said. The office looked right, it was just like it always where and it smelled of documents and coffee. The Virtual Adept walked into the office and smiled a little.
"It is strange to be in here without the Chief."
He said and scratched his head a little.
"I can always picture him in this office with a cup of coffee in his hand."
He added and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:50 am

Jareth looked at you cooed and then glanced at you happily.
Colin pondered for a moment, "Hm, miss Larson works in a pet store - she might have some ideas..."

"Well your feathery friend found the lost tomato for you."
Jason said with a grin.
"He is helpful."
He nodded slowly, "For definitions of the word. By the looks of it, I'm sure the tomato was up to no good."

The owl looked at all you where doing curiously then he begun to gently preen your hair affectionately, taking strands in his beak and dragging of anything that should not be there like he would do with his own feathers.
He smiled to himself, "You know, the old Greeks believed owls were associated with the goddess Athena, whose domains included wisdom and defensive wars... I suppose I should be flattered."

You found an old pen case and then easily found the hard cover copy of Dune in your shelf, well read and loved but still in good condition. Jareth was still looking at you, probably thinking that all of the things you where doing where rather strange.
He nodded to himself and found a plastic bag for the book and the block of butter, then gave Jareth a small nod, "Coming?"
Then he headed out to Ulv Bergen's room, preparing to scan the room for traps again.

((OOC: Do I need to roll again for something so simple right now? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 am

Colin pondered for a moment, "Hm, miss Larson works in a pet store - she might have some ideas..."

The owl looked at you and cocked his head to the side again as he regarded you.

He nodded slowly, "For definitions of the word. By the looks of it, I'm sure the tomato was up to no good."

"Well it was one dead tomato at least."
Jason said and grinned.
"Owl one, tomato zero."

He smiled to himself, "You know, the old Greeks believed owls were associated with the goddess Athena, whose domains included wisdom and defensive wars... I suppose I should be flattered."

Jareth simply continued to preen your hair, perhaps he thought you needed a shower.

He nodded to himself and found a plastic bag for the book and the block of butter, then gave Jareth a small nod, "Coming?"
Then he headed out to Ulv Bergen's room, preparing to scan the room for traps again.

The owl flapped his wings and jumped over to your shoulder hooting joyfully and settling down, careful not hut hurt you with his sharp talons. You left your apartment and headed to Ulv's room.
"Be careful in there please Mr Wainwright I do not think the traps have been dispelled yet."
Hildegard said as you went for the Hagalaz's door.

Inside you saw the nasty effect on the windows. The fridge did not seam to be trapped though, probably Ulv did not want to deal with his own traps every time he wanted a snack. Jareth's eyes went to a bowl of fruit on the counter, there was some big, red plums there and he wanted them, they would make perfect balls to play with. Ulv's apartment was clean and well kept, the living room had full book selves, photos of beautiful landscapes on the walls and pictures of Liv as well as one of what had to be Liv's mother holding her when the girl was an infant. The Hagalaz woman was broad shouldered with a hard face, dark blue eyes and long red hair. The kitchen was nice and clean only having the bowl Ulv had used for his breakfast the morning he was arrested, his last meal as a free man as it where in the sink.

(OOC: No that should be fine.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:12 am

"Well it was one dead tomato at least."
Jason said and grinned.
"Owl one, tomato zero."
Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, I'll have to mop up those remains..."

The owl flapped his wings and jumped over to your shoulder hooting joyfully and settling down, careful not hut hurt you with his sharp talons. You left your apartment and headed to Ulv's room.
"Be careful in there please Mr Wainwright I do not think the traps have been dispelled yet."
Hildegard said as you went for the Hagalaz's door.
He nodded to Hildegard, "No, I suppose they might not have - but I am just going to take something from his refrigerator, when I investigated earlier, that did not seem trapped. And we took care of the door, too. Those windows, though..."

Inside you saw the nasty effect on the windows. The fridge did not seam to be trapped though, probably Ulv did not want to deal with his own traps every time he wanted a snack. Jareth's eyes went to a bowl of fruit on the counter, there was some big, red plums there and he wanted them, they would make perfect balls to play with. Ulv's apartment was clean and well kept, the living room had full book selves, photos of beautiful landscapes on the walls and pictures of Liv as well as one of what had to be Liv's mother holding her when the girl was an infant. The Hagalaz woman was broad shouldered with a hard face, dark blue eyes and long red hair. The kitchen was nice and clean only having the bowl Ulv had used for his breakfast the morning he was arrested, his last meal as a free man as it where in the sink.
He caught Jareth's interest and smoothly took the fruit bowl and placed it inside the fridge while he looked around for that block of Melange which was supposedly in there - this was sort of a Moment of Truth; if the butter brand was there, it would be one hell of a corroborating piece of evidence for his little timeskips.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 am

"I hope you are right, I just feel betrayed I guess, I am after all still fond of my mother." Hannah said then she sigh. "Well I can deal with my hurt feeling later we...need to make sure the Chantry is safe first, I will be ok promise."
"Feeling betrayed is understandable, after all...but yes, I must finish my duties. Pardon."
"I you want to call it that then...thank you." Narim said and looked down a bit self consciously. "We all had to do what we could to protect the Chantry, there where no other choice and no thanks are needed I am glad that Miss Larson is alright though, that creature that attacked us was most foul."
"It was a nasty one, I'm glad it's gone" he agreed.
"I see, well you do not need to go into details if you do not want to but it do make me concerned." Narim said.
He looked towards the homes of his pater's sleeping imps, accounting for everyone, then around again as if he were expecting trouble to pop out of the woodwork itself or Flambeau's portrait, looking down at Mundi. "All clear?" Then he said to Narim, assuming the familiar agreed with his assessment, "It's not that I don't want to discuss it, I just didn't want to say in front of everyone. And it is more complicated than this but yes I am hurt, I will be okay in time but not for a while." He leaned against the Cheif's desk.
"It is strange to be in here without the Chief." He said and scratched his head a little. "I can always picture him in this office with a cup of coffee in his hand."
"It is a bit weird being in here without him," he agreed, "but I didn't want to go too far, just far enough that we could speak privately. My voice, you know..." he shrugged again. "I can put a cup of coffee in your hand, if you want?" he offered, motioning at the coffee maker as he spoke. "But listen, there was someone outside when we did our patrol upstairs, a Nephandus, a woman in a cloak. She was trancing the spirit on guard on the third floor. She saw us and took off across the street. I was wondering if you might find something on cameras in the area, coordinate with Mr Yager possibly as he got a view of her, or something. I don't know if it will give us anything useful, but damned if I didn't wish she didn't get away... Second thing is, I've noticed some static on the phone lines, Jon said he spotted an odd code somewhere. Likely, if we're being spied upon, they know that we're suspicious about it, so if you or someone checks, take double care. Colin suspected the cell towers could be involved. I really don't know, all I know is it sounds like I'm using an old landline sometimes, you know that crack you get, but it's my cell. And the last bit is that the vampires downstairs are going to need to be fed sooner than expected - they panicked from the escaped Nephandus lighting a fire near them and they are to be calmed back down and...secured, before such feeding as per the instructions we were given. You said you would try to look into finding them some mundane supply, not that you haven't been busy with a million other things as we all have," he spread his hands in an apologetic sort of gesture.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:24 am

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, came in... [time] back... just before the fun started' she replied, giving a little smile in return. 'Names' Nicole.'

[What time is it roughly?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:52 am

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, I'll have to mop up those remains..."

"That is the price of having pets, one have to clean up after them."
Jason said and shrugged.

He nodded to Hildegard, "No, I suppose they might not have - but I am just going to take something from his refrigerator, when I investigated earlier, that did not seem trapped. And we took care of the door, too. Those windows, though..."

"Yes the enchantment on the windows are certainly rather nasty Mr Wainwright, I do not think there will be a problem just going in there and getting something, though why you would want something from the man's refrigerator I do not know but please be careful non the less."
Hildegard said and she looked a but puzzled though she did not ask and assumed you had a good reason for going into the trapmaker's apartment.

He caught Jareth's interest and smoothly took the fruit bowl and placed it inside the fridge

Jareth gave you a sulking look he was not happy that is next toy was being taken away, the plum was after all both brightly colored and round.

while he looked around for that block of Melange which was supposedly in there - this was sort of a Moment of Truth; if the butter brand was there, it would be one hell of a corroborating piece of evidence for his little timeskips.

There was two packs of Melange in there, one half gone and the other was full and neatly packaged with the name proudly presented on the front, it was a plant based butter substitute you see, there was also almond milk in there and other diary product substitutes, Mr Bergen might be lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, but yes the pack of Melange was there.

Adley:

"Feeling betrayed is understandable, after all...but yes, I must finish my duties. Pardon."

"Off course...we can talk more when things have calmed down, and thank you again Adley thank all of you."
Hannah said and she offered a thin smile.

"It was a nasty one, I'm glad it's gone" he agreed.

"So am I, it seams the Nephandi have a talent for conjuring disturbing spirits."
Narim commented.

He looked towards the homes of his pater's sleeping imps, accounting for everyone, then around again as if he were expecting trouble to pop out of the woodwork itself or Flambeau's portrait, looking down at Mundi. "All clear?"

There was a collection of half burned candles on a shelf that was the imp's home, all three of them where there sleeping though Carly woke up when you looked at her and she waved at you. Mundi sniffed the candles knowing the imps where there he wagged his tail though and seamed happy, he did not seam to smell any trouble.

Then he said to Narim, assuming the familiar agreed with his assessment, "It's not that I don't want to discuss it, I just didn't want to say in front of everyone. And it is more complicated than this but yes I am hurt, I will be okay in time but not for a while." He leaned against the Cheif's desk.

"I understand...perhaps you should sit down for a while."
Narim said and indicated one of the chairs, he sounded quite concerned.
"I am sure the Chief would not mind...are you in pain?"
The Virtual Adept asked he was about to touch your shoulder gently but stopped himself not sure if you would welcome such and attempt at comfort.
"Have you seen one of the healers? And is there anything I can do?"
Narim seamed more concerned about how he could help than in the details of how you got hurt.

"It is a bit weird being in here without him," he agreed, "but I didn't want to go too far, just far enough that we could speak privately. My voice, you know..." he shrugged again. "I can put a cup of coffee in your hand, if you want?" he offered, motioning at the coffee maker as he spoke.

"That is understandable, here we are close enough to help if anything should happen."
Narim agreed and he nodded when you spoke about your voice and simply said.
"Yes I know, we all have our little peculiarities from what we are, as for coffee that is ok you should sit down for a while instead, I can make you a cup though if you want? I mostly drink tea but I am sure I can figure out the coffee maker as well."
He said then he added with a bit of jest in his voice.
"I am a Virtual Adept after all we are good with machines."

"But listen, there was someone outside when we did our patrol upstairs, a Nephandus, a woman in a cloak. She was trancing the spirit on guard on the third floor. She saw us and took off across the street. I was wondering if you might find something on cameras in the area, coordinate with Mr Yager possibly as he got a view of her, or something. I don't know if it will give us anything useful, but damned if I didn't wish she didn't get away...

"I can do that, if Mr Yager can give me a description and a time when this woman was here and left I can probably track her trough the city using various cameras, I have an app for that."
Narim said and nodded.
"She tranced one of our spirits, that is not good, no it would have been best if she had not gotten away and as such been free to come back and try again."

Second thing is, I've noticed some static on the phone lines, Jon said he spotted an odd code somewhere. Likely, if we're being spied upon, they know that we're suspicious about it, so if you or someone checks, take double care. Colin suspected the cell towers could be involved. I really don't know, all I know is it sounds like I'm using an old landline sometimes, you know that crack you get, but it's my cell.

"That is not good, let me check."
Narim said and fished his phone out of his pocket and begun to tap at it...
"There is...something here, it is not my area of expertise but I think we might have a spirit in the local cell towers that is what it looks like to me, be careful what you say over the phone for now and I will run a proper analysis on my laptop, and find a way to banish it..."
The Virtual Adept said and his brow furrowed into a frown.

And the last bit is that the vampires downstairs are going to need to be fed sooner than expected - they panicked from the escaped Nephandus lighting a fire near them and they are to be calmed back down and...secured, before such feeding as per the instructions we were given. You said you would try to look into finding them some mundane supply, not that you haven't been busy with a million other things as we all have," he spread his hands in an apologetic sort of gesture.

"I will take care of it, there is a black market for blood..."
Narim said and sigh.
"It will take a few hours though and if these vampires are like a friend of mine that I chat with, then they need to be properly...restrained sooner rather than later if they are hungry they can loose control in an instant."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"Ah do not worry about it, I will just split of a part of me to take care of such mundane tasks so I can focus on the ones that are more challenging."

Nicole:

Yeah, came in... [time] back... just before the fun started' she replied, giving a little smile in return. 'Names' Nicole.'

"I am new myself, I got here yesterday evening."
The man said and smiled.
"I heard rumors that another Etherite had arrived though...I am Devon Miles, nice to meet you."
He said and offered you a slender hand, full of little nicks and scars that one got when working with electronics and machines, your hands probably had the same marks here and there.

(OOC: It is about 7 30 in the morning now, Nicole came in about 6 30. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am

Anja's Post:

The smile widened a little, as she shifted her coat to free up her gloved hand to shake Devon's. 'I'll admit, was getting a little worried I'd be on my lonesome, me. What brings you here?' she said, looking at the Scientist with an appraising look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:18 am

"That is the price of having pets, one have to clean up after them."
Jason said and shrugged.
Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, but Jareth is not a pet - he's quite free and wild."

"Yes the enchantment on the windows are certainly rather nasty Mr Wainwright, I do not think there will be a problem just going in there and getting something, though why you would want something from the man's refrigerator I do not know but please be careful non the less."
Hildegard said and she looked a but puzzled though she did not ask and assumed you had a good reason for going into the trapmaker's apartment.
He smiled, "I'm going to get a bribe for a Nephanda... A little divide and conquer in the Labyrinth. My apprentice told me in a few years that that's how I helped weaken Larson... It's complicated."

Jareth gave you a sulking look he was not happy that is next toy was being taken away, the plum was after all both brightly colored and round.
He scritched Jareth lightly, "It would be rude to make a mess in someone else's apartment. Killing the odd fruit in mine can be forgiven, but Mr. Bergen may well be less generous."

There was two packs of Melange in there, one half gone and the other was full and neatly packaged with the name proudly presented on the front, it was a plant based butter substitute you see, there was also almond milk in there and other diary product substitutes, Mr Bergen might be lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, but yes the pack of Melange was there.
He arched an eyebrow at the full pack, "Ah, of course, it's a margarine. That does make more sense, with such a name."
He carefully slipped it into the bag, making sure the book wouldn't poke through the packaging, and headed back out to go down to the cafeteria, giving Hildegard a grin, "Observe the plans within plans within plans... Mr. Bergen has unwittingly provided us with a social weapon for the upcoming scuffle. I'm going to butter up the quite possibly most powerful Nephanda in Larson's Labyrinth."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:58 am

Nicole:

The smile widened a little, as she shifted her coat to free up her gloved hand to shake Devon's. 'I'll admit, was getting a little worried I'd be on my lonesome, me. What brings you here?' she said, looking at the Scientist with an appraising look.

Devon shook your hand firmly.
"I finished my apprenticeship and it was time to find a Chantry to live in and Steelhaven let me stay so that is why I came, it seams like I arrived in the middle of a war though."
He said and frowned.
"What about yourself Nicole may I ask why you have come here?"
Devon was of average height but slender, his hair was messy and short, he had grayish blue eyes and a bit of stubble on his cheek. He wore jeans, a turtle neck sweater and a brown leather jacket over it, he seamed glad to see another of the same Tradition but at the same time a little reserved he might be slightly shy.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, but Jareth is not a pet - he's quite free and wild."

"That is perhaps the best way to keep an animal, well he is adorable in any way though he seams to like making a mess."
Jason said an smiled.

He smiled, "I'm going to get a bribe for a Nephanda... A little divide and conquer in the Labyrinth. My apprentice told me in a few years that that's how I helped weaken Larson... It's complicated."

"You are getting a bribe for a Nephanda in Mr Bergen's kitchen...that your apprentice told you about? Do you have an apprentice Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard said looking confused.
"Well I assume this have to do with your future visions...complicated indeed."

He scritched Jareth lightly, "It would be rude to make a mess in someone else's apartment. Killing the odd fruit in mine can be forgiven, but Mr. Bergen may well be less generous."

Jareth might be physically incapable of actually pouting but he sure looked like he would do so if he could, he leaned towards you for more petting though.

and headed back out to go down to the cafeteria, giving Hildegard a grin, "Observe the plans within plans within plans... Mr. Bergen has unwittingly provided us with a social weapon for the upcoming scuffle. I'm going to butter up the quite possibly most powerful Nephanda in Larson's Labyrinth."

"That sounds rather worrisome to me Mr Wainwright, and I do hope considering you got this thing from a kitchen you do not mean literary buttering up a Nephanda."
Hildegard said she looked quite confused.
"I am afraid I do not quite understand your plan or your actions though."
She admitted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:26 pm

"That is perhaps the best way to keep an animal, well he is adorable in any way though he seams to like making a mess."
Jason said an smiled.
Colin nodded, "Yes, I'm still wondering how he managed to get the pillowcase off my pillow without shredding either - he is remarkably clever."

"You are getting a bribe for a Nephanda in Mr Bergen's kitchen...that your apprentice told you about? Do you have an apprentice Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard said looking confused.
"Well I assume this have to do with your future visions...complicated indeed."
He nodded, "I just took in a rescue, you could say... It's a complicated situation, but it must be so, and in five years, she told me of how I told her I dealt with... ehh, the temporal loops are going to give people headaches. You will get to meet her soon enough - you may even come to like her, even if trust will be a little harder to earn."

"That sounds rather worrisome to me Mr Wainwright, and I do hope considering you got this thing from a kitchen you do not mean literary buttering up a Nephanda."
Hildegard said she looked quite confused.
"I am afraid I do not quite understand your plan or your actions though."
She admitted.
He nodded, "Larson's Labyrinth is a Great Polyp landed in Boston's shadow, so to speak. Its Handler is a fan of the novel Dune, and in it there's a spice called Melange. Mr. Bergen happened to have a Norwegian brand of margarine by the same name, and the combination of my leatherbound copy of the book and a block of the margarine will help me gain an audience with the Handler. With luck, that will enable me to turn the creature against Larson's lot, and to assist us in the battle, or at the very least keep the Polyp from aiding Larson in any way. So no, literally buttering the Nephanda up is not going to happen."

He grinned and waved to Hildegard and Jason, "I'll be down to see the Chief; please don't let anyone into my apartment - I've got some pretty horrid Tass there that I wouldn't want to accidentally expose anyone to."
He then headed straight for the cafeteria, looking around with Jareth perched on his shoulder.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 pm

"Hum...light pink I think it should be a light pink bow Sir."
Jane said and she rummaged through the crayons until she found one that was light baby pink and started to draw a big bow on the green tiger's tail.
"Now he is pretty."

"Yeah he is!" Serge said praising Jane's artwork. "What are you going to name your fairy tiger?"

"Yeah that would be cool then he could give himself a flower pattern when he wants to."
Jane said eagerly.

"Or he could blend into the background and you would never know where he was." Serge said excitedly. "Imagine playing hide-and-seek with something like that."

"The guy with the shark sword is Mr Karyak he writes children's books he gave me one. The wereshark is Mr Coawa he is his friend, he was very nice and he said there are all kinds of strange creatures in the sea, even sea vampires but those he do not like. My Mentor do not like vampires either she says I am not allowed to go near them."
Jane explained as she continued to color in her tiger the picture was now rather different from the one the coloring book had intended.

"Sea vampires! Of course....Well the vampires I met were quite nice, although you should probably follow your mentor's advice." Serge warned.

"I didn't know Mr Shark Swo-err Mr Karyak wrote children's books. What are they about?" Serge asked.

"Can he have one of those spear head things on his tail Sir?"
Jane asked and pointed and Liv said something and she translated.
"And some gold and necklaces in his claws?"

"You got it." Serge said truthfully as his hands began to move faster on the page. He added a long tail towards the back of the dragon, ending it with a pointed spear head. He finished up the claws and added in some gold and jewelry to them, placing fancy golden necklaces around the pointed claws and piles of golden coin clutched within its grasp.

"That is a good name Sir."
Jane said and giggled.
"Hum...you might be right, adding X might make it sound cool indeed. We can have him fly and land on the Nephandi's Labyrinth and it will be flat...the Nephandi are mean and deserve tho have their place flattened."
The little girl declared.
"They are super mean!"

"Yeah, they are mean. I bet I could make them see Draxxor flying around above them if I wanted too." Serge said with a chuckle as he envisioned the giant spear-tailed dragon clearly within his mind.

"Imagining conflict or reading about it are usually more fun than actually being in one."
Henrietta said and smiled sadly.
"There have been so much suffering around her lately, damn Nephandi I just they could just go somewhere and be fatalistic in peace and leave the rest of us alone."

"Well each small victory leads us closer to a more peaceful world." Serge said earnestly. "Even with all the suffering it's nice to know that the Nephandi didn't get what they wanted."

"Well your drawings are beautiful, you are quite talented."
Henrietta said and smiled.
"I wish I could draw like that but it never really clicked for me, I can sew but now draw a picture."

"Thanks. You know sewing can be just as beautiful as drawing a picture. Embroidering your ideas and emotions into cloth. Making fun designs and pictures within clothing." Serge said with a smile.

"Ah it was this large mass with oil like creatures coming out of it? That is a nasty one it is one of Jace one of the Prelate's bound spirits, one of his favorites."
Cadence said and grimaced.
"Getting in the way of it might be bad yes, not in their right mind? Well they would be sensitive to Mind magick even if they are resistant to everything else. Jace bound the spirits with a bit of his own spinal fluids to make them and him of one mind."

"Their sensitive to Mind Magick...." Serge said wondering if Jace's last name began with a B. "That's an interesting fact to keep in mind."

"Physically yes I am young man, but my apprentice are going on trial for being a Nephandus, I can not really say that I am ok no."
She said and Cadence gave the older Chorister a guilty look.
"I am so sorry."
She muttered and Mrs Danielson patted her on the arm.
"That is ok sweet child, that is ok do not worry about me for now there is no point in guilt. What you did was terrible but it is what it is and for now...we are just going to try to find some way to keep the law from..."
Cadence swallowed hard and looked over at the man and woman sitting by a table on their own just looking out into nowhere and the woman who had hid in a corner in fear.
"Yeah..."
She muttered but she now looked rather like she could throw up at any moment.

"No matter what happens just remember that there are people on your side. Your Mentor, me, and the dude with a Shark Sword. We'll all fight for you." Serge said kindly trying to comfort Cadence.

(OOC: I would like to roll Charisma+Expression to try and calm down Cadence and maybe reduce her anxiety/fear.

Roll: 3, 9, 4, 7, 10, 1, 9)

(OOC2: On the same note, can Serge roll Perception+Empathy to see if Cadence's apology was genuine?

If he can then the roll is: 2, 8, 6, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next