Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 20 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 am

"Do you think it hurts them badly? What they are doing to them?"
Kyle muttered and glanced out the door at the room the vampires where being kept in.
"I understand everyone being on edge, I get that but it is not right treating someone like this though but you are right neither you or especially I are going to get much of a say in the matter."
The young mage muttered and sigh.

"Judging by the scream it probably doesn't feel to pleasant but I'm sure they can handle it. Vampires are tough. I assume they are paralyzing them to ensure that if they go into another frenzy they won't be able to frenzy very far." Serge guessed although he wasn't too sure himself.

"Serge could you drop in on them you think, the vampires I mean see how they are doing, I mean it is not like that will help but still, it would make me feel better about the situation checking in on them I mean and I am not allowed to leave this room yet."
He requested and glanced over at you.

Serge looked at Kyle and nodded, "Sure thing man. I'm kinda curious myself. It's probably a delicate procedure so I'm not sure if I'm allowed in that room myself but I'll try my best." Serge said gathering the pictures and heading for the door.

He slowly walked out of Kyle's room and looked at the many guards stationed outside it. He walked towards the door that the vampire were held behind and ask the guards outside, "How are things going in there? Would it be all right if I took a peek inside? I kinda told Kyle that I would go and make sure nothing was going wrong. Poor kids stuck in that room and all he can hear are the screams of the undead."

"That makes sense, if Larson screwed this person over that she would want revenge I mean but damn this Chantry seam to have captured allot of Nephandi...who was this person you talked with?"
Kyle asked eye big."

"Some women named Martha Cunningham. Here's a picture of her." Serge said bringing out a picture of the smiling Nephanda. "She doesn't actually smile that much in real life. I just chose to draw her like that. I think she liked it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 20 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Adley Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:31 am

As Lenoe turned his attention back to him, Adley continued the poem in a similar tone, trying to restore a sense of calm, see if he would be able to allow them to do what they must. He realised this must be like trying to tame an animal, but the animal was inside of them. At the end of the poem he paused, long enough to signal the end of it and began it again. '...The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair; I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow..." If the poem seemed to be losing effect or the Verbena had not been able to find him allowing her to do the deed, he tried a different set of verse, something longer and more surreal but with a repeating verse, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 am

"I am still curious about how Miss Alexander managed to leave this pine cone on the tainted ship but I get the concept of magick keyed to specific individuals that is not uncommon."
Jeffry said and nodded he was still frowning though he did not like the idea of Adley being hurt.
Colin scratched his head, "That's where things get complicated - it seems that the Mary's Serafina's accident took the form of the ship being pulled into the Caul dimension - or non-dimension, I'm still rather fuzzy on the details there - which is a timeless horror... Miss Alexander's previous incarnation - Adley's previous incarnation's vulgar sister - entered the Caul seventy years ago to save her brother, and it seems she was able to notice my tampering with time magic on board the ship which would later briefly visit that hellhole, and managed to hide away a crucial part of her purity, if you would call it that, for me to find. Of all the chronomantic shenanigans, this is the one that actually does give me a little headache to try to sort out - but it seems all the paradoxes resolve themselves on their own, all the same."

"I am sure we can arrange for no one talking about meddling with the child's brain, but if she have pattern damage then chances are she is going to need mundane medical treatment, how will you arrange for that if she can not stand one of the most important tools of modern medicine the way I understand it?"
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "Mrs. Knox was able to do a lot with a few crystals laid on Anna's chest. Master Nassa will likely be more than able to do a lot of preventative work by will alone, which while unable to fix the pattern damage should give her a better than usual chance to recover in time. As for the tools of modern medicine - syringes and needles are not necessarily needed. A vein could be sliced open and healed around a piece of intravenous tubing to allow for drawing blood and providing anaesthesia, there are gases to put her to sleep if necessary for any potentially needed surgery, and she has no issue with blood or scalpels. The necessary accomodations, as I understood Dr. Mossly, are surprisingly light."

"Hum well at least that is better than the one being injected getting sick from pain, but yes it's use have to be limited however when we have more prisoners than other restraints then we do have to relay on it unfortunately."
Jeffry said sternly.
He nodded, "Administering one dose when taking captives, I have no ethical problem with. Keeping prisoners on the serum for the duration of their captivity, instead of something like magic-suppressing cells or other external restraints... well, that's where I will be compelled to protest."

"This is this television play you enjoy yes?"
Jeffry asked sounding a bit confused. George though who was himself a Master of Time just smiled a little.
He smiled, "The very same - The Doctor is an excellent role model, by the way; he's the one who always tries to save everyone and chase away the monsters. Though I'll allow, in some of the more recent series he has been a little more... ruthless and inclined to use force. All the same, that lapse seems to have ended, and he's back to trying to protect everyone again."

"The one who misuse this power will find himself it's victim."
George said and it sounded like he was quoting from some legal document or another.
"The sternest of punishments are used for those who would unlawfully destroy another's soul so facing that we might make the two Primi step down...if they think we can succeed in a case against them that is."
He nodded, "Which is why we must try to ensure we have enough solid evidence that they'll see the case is watertight."

"Well I am glad you will be keeping in touch Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and smiled.
He grinned, "I could do no less, could I? I owe this Chantry a debt I might never deem repaid in full, after you helped me get over the lingering trauma of, hm, my Awakening."

"Ah Mistress Crexia is learning a new skill is she, I am sure we can arrange a room for her it would be an honor."
George said.
He nodded, "She showed an interest in silverwork, and we came to an agreement; an exchange of favours, essentially."
He pondered, "Speaking of favours - Lady Crexia is presently holding Anna's marble collection and library. That library will, while we reside here, be at least in part rendered available to the Chantry. I myself am not sufficiently acquainted with the body of work that has been accumulated for my apprentice by her previous Mentor, but both Lady Crexia and Mistress Adimari were impressed by it. I will provide as complete an index as time and translation allows, of course, and might ask some help in sorting the books."

"I am afraid this setting I am not familiar with but yes there are far worse things she could be a fan of than Frank Herbert's books."
The archmage commented.
He nodded, "Essentially, where Dune's interstellar travel is done by a drugged-up mutant who folds space around a starship to turn distance to zero, Warhammer 40,000 uses a method of travel that can be best summed up as a blind, insane magician dragging your ship through Hell. The setting is... pretty bleak, to say the least..."

"I see so Abigail and Larson are going against the will of the other Nephandi Labyrinths they associate with? That is quite useful to know...even so working with a Labyrinth during a battle seam to risky."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "Well, the Jade Demon does have a different philosophy from that of most Nephandi, it seems - he's convinced the world will end on its own, in its own time, so he's content to wait and watch. As a matter of pragmatism, I'd be inclined to let him and his like-minded be indefinitely, so long as they don't decide to suddenly change strategy... Larson and Abigail's plot to call down an Aswadim seems to be as much an affront to the Jade Demon as, well, binding an Oracle would be to us."

"Unfortunately that is true."
George said and sigh.
"You better be careful with both though or you will be in allot of trouble I fear Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Oh, so very careful..."

"I see well for once such a fear did some good then."
Jeffry said and grinned.
"As for your duel may i recommend Julianna Delavere bani Verbena's herbal shop on Horizon she can get you the plants you need I recon."
The Flambeau said.
"And good luck Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I trust you'll be able to pick a suitable panel of judges by the time the duel takes place? We'll have to hammer out the finer details between ourselves first, of course."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"In that case Mr Wainwright thank you for volunteering an I hope your mission will go well and that your blaze of glory will wait for some time yet."
He nodded, "While I would not mind going out like Flambeau himself for a worthy cause, I would much prefer to see the worthy cause succeed and thrive after my part was played out."

"That is always the danger with torture, if the victim is strong or the torturer incompetent or to eager the prisoner will just be a babbling mess or catatonic long before they talk...however I would not want to take that chance, not will all you know."
Jeffry said seriously and regretfully.
He grimaced, "Obviously, I'm no fan of pain, especially not the torture-induced sort. So no, I'd not want to take the chance on being captured."

"Yes...it must have been a harrowing experience for him, it would be a harrowing experience for anyone frankly. Like I said I will send someone down to talk with him and check on his mental state, there is little else I can do for him."
The security chief said.
He nodded, "I can hardly claim it was a comfortable memory for me, either - but i was able to take it in stride. The fact that the memory was softened by five centuries and a different incarnation... helps. It's still not ever going to be something I turn to often... Unless I have the need for terrifying a telepathic snoop, of course."

"Good then we are in agreement."
Jeffry said.
He nodded, "Very much so."

"That is good, however if this stable Tass is corrupted I will have to consider it at that time whatever or not you can keep it at the Chantry, the safety of Steelhaven comes first."
Jeffry staid sternly.
He nodded, "Noting that I expect the time frame before such a demonstration on Horizon would be timely would be a matter of weeks rather than months or years, I think I could feel safe enough with storing two drams of dirty Tass in my safe in the workshop - that would not be liable to pose a problem for the Chantry proper. That said, the Chantry does have better facilities for storing dangerous magical substances, so if there is any leftovers afterwards whatsoever, I will ask you to assess it over at my shop before any decision on whether or not it can be temporarily stored here instead is made... is this proposal acceptable, Sir?"

Jareth that is your new owl friend, well do make sure he do not bother my imps to much if he can see and interact with them."
The old Flambeau said and frowned.
He smiled, "I doubt he'll make himself much of a problem in that regard... He may be a mischievous little imp himself, but unless your imps decide to trespass on what he considers his turf and cause trouble, I sincerely doubt he'll mother much with them. Assuming, as you said, that he can see and interact with them at all."

Jeffry smiled at that.
"Good, well we should let our new friend here return to...ehm...decorating the basement then, perhaps we can learn a few things from that."
He said while Engrave just stood there looking at you.
He nodded, and laid a hand on Engrave's shoulder, a warrior's greeting, "My friend, I trust these two with that which you cannot touch. They will treat with you fairly if you will. For this now, I have nothing more to ask of you; stay or go as you wish, and as my friend here said, if you would continue writing the story of the man downstairs, that might be appreciated. Stay sharp, my friend."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 am

Serge's Post:

From her position nearby, Nicole gave a raised eyebrow to this, but remained silent.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am

Serge:

"Judging by the scream it probably doesn't feel to pleasant but I'm sure they can handle it. Vampires are tough. I assume they are paralyzing them to ensure that if they go into another frenzy they won't be able to frenzy very far." Serge guessed although he wasn't too sure himself.

"I guess they are tough, but with what they are doing to them paralyze them...do you think they are still awake afterwards? That must be horrible I mean I sort of freak out if I am just held down I can not imagine something like that."
Kyle said and he glanced out the door in the direction of the vampire's door fearfully.

Serge looked at Kyle and nodded, "Sure thing man. I'm kinda curious myself. It's probably a delicate procedure so I'm not sure if I'm allowed in that room myself but I'll try my best." Serge said gathering the pictures and heading for the door.

"Thank you Serge I appreciate it...yeah I mean you can't just rush in there and disturb them, just check that the vampires are not suffering or something."

He slowly walked out of Kyle's room and looked at the many guards stationed outside it. He walked towards the door that the vampire were held behind and ask the guards outside, "How are things going in there? Would it be all right if I took a peek inside? I kinda told Kyle that I would go and make sure nothing was going wrong. Poor kids stuck in that room and all he can hear are the screams of the undead."

Darrian went into Kyle's room to check on him when you went out. Kyle gave you a wave goodbye but it was clear that what was happening to the vampires disturbed him. The tall gray eyed man you had heard being called Adjan turned towards you and raised one hand for you to stop and be careful.
"They are trying to get one of the guests to accept being restrained willingly but he is scared do not crowd him."
He warned you see that he have a set of bone dice in his hands.
"You can go in there once it is done if you are quiet and do not spook them but not before."
Adjan whispered.

"Some women named Martha Cunningham. Here's a picture of her." Serge said bringing out a picture of the smiling Nephanda. "She doesn't actually smile that much in real life. I just chose to draw her like that. I think she liked it."

When you returned to Kyle's room and showed him the picture of Martha Cunningham he nodded.
"I saw her in the Labyrinth but I really one was down there once I know nothing about her...she have been captured then?"
He asked.
"No she would not be smiling when she have been captured now would she, but it is a nice picture."

Adley:

As Lenoe turned his attention back to him, Adley continued the poem in a similar tone, trying to restore a sense of calm, see if he would be able to allow them to do what they must. He realised this must be like trying to tame an animal, but the animal was inside of them. At the end of the poem he paused, long enough to signal the end of it and began it again. '...The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair; I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow..." If the poem seemed to be losing effect or the Verbena had not been able to find him allowing her to do the deed, he tried a different set of verse, something longer and more surreal but with a repeating verse, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.

Lenoe whimpered in fear and his hands where holding onto the sheets on his bed in a death grip but he was laying still and he was keeping his eyes on you and listening. Some time after you had begun the second poem he got a resigned look in his eyes he probably understood that if he did not do this willingly he would be held down and that would be worse and he eventually nodded but she continued to whimper desperately. Kristina moved in with some speed, you got the feeling she had casting a spell while waiting for Mr Laenoe to give his consent, for she moved faster than anyone should a spell perhaps inspired by her husband's powers and cast elegantly without her foci, at least that meant the deed was done extremely swiftly with two strokes. Dennis screamed but the sound was quickly cut off and now he was only making panicled little gurgles as his body froze in rigor mortis. Kristina sat down beside the terrified vampire.
"Shh it is done now...I know it hurts I know, be calm...it is okey..."
She tried but it did not seam to help much for those panicked sounds continued and Lenoe's eyes was full of absolute terror.

Colin:

Colin scratched his head, "That's where things get complicated - it seems that the Mary's Serafina's accident took the form of the ship being pulled into the Caul dimension - or non-dimension, I'm still rather fuzzy on the details there - which is a timeless horror... Miss Alexander's previous incarnation - Adley's previous incarnation's vulgar sister - entered the Caul seventy years ago to save her brother, and it seems she was able to notice my tampering with time magic on board the ship which would later briefly visit that hellhole, and managed to hide away a crucial part of her purity, if you would call it that, for me to find. Of all the chronomantic shenanigans, this is the one that actually does give me a little headache to try to sort out - but it seems all the paradoxes resolve themselves on their own, all the same."

"I see, perhaps being to keep a bit of her purity is why Miss Alexander is not as destructive as most widderslainte children is."
Jeffry said and George nodded.
"I think I understand how it fits together, but such a horrific place how did the crew on the ship fare when they entered there?"
George asked.
"It is also interesting concerning our earlier discussions about the serum...the pinal gland as you mentioned have somewhat the shape of a pine cone you know."
The old archmage said.
"Some say that is why the top of many staffs used in Catholisim by high ranking priests are shaped like pine cones. It is said to be the shape of the soul in the physical world."

He shrugged, "Mrs. Knox was able to do a lot with a few crystals laid on Anna's chest. Master Nassa will likely be more than able to do a lot of preventative work by will alone, which while unable to fix the pattern damage should give her a better than usual chance to recover in time.

"True enough Master Nasse while he do not like me much have been healing every injury I have gotten lately he is a skilled healer, but using magick around pattern damage can be difficult."
Jeffry said and frowned.

As for the tools of modern medicine - syringes and needles are not necessarily needed. A vein could be sliced open and healed around a piece of intravenous tubing to allow for drawing blood and providing anaesthesia,

"Would not that be far more painful than a simple needle? I have not had blood drawn with one but I have been bled with a knife and I do not remember it as particularly plesant."
Jeffry commented and raised an eyebrow.

there are gases to put her to sleep if necessary for any potentially needed surgery, and she has no issue with blood or scalpels. The necessary accomodations, as I understood Dr. Mossly, are surprisingly light."

"Very well as I know little about modern medicine I trust that you will be able to keep her alive, and there is always herbs and other natural healing methods as well that can be used."
The security chief said and nodded leaving the matter in your hands.

He nodded, "Administering one dose when taking captives, I have no ethical problem with. Keeping prisoners on the serum for the duration of their captivity, instead of something like magic-suppressing cells or other external restraints... well, that's where I will be compelled to protest."

"And we will use such talismans when we have access to them however when we do not have enough of them the serum might have to be used when we are holding several prisoners, like for example now."
Jeffry said firmly.

He smiled, "The very same - The Doctor is an excellent role model, by the way; he's the one who always tries to save everyone and chase away the monsters. Though I'll allow, in some of the more recent series he has been a little more... ruthless and inclined to use force. All the same, that lapse seems to have ended, and he's back to trying to protect everyone again."

"I am afraid I have little time for watching television."
The old Flambeau said and raised an eyebrow at your enthusiasm for an fictional character in a play.

He nodded, "Which is why we must try to ensure we have enough solid evidence that they'll see the case is watertight."

George nodded at that.
"I agree if they can be made to believe that if they do not step down they will be...well you know then well few mages are willing to put their Avatar in danger."

He grinned, "I could do no less, could I? I owe this Chantry a debt I might never deem repaid in full, after you helped me get over the lingering trauma of, hm, my Awakening."

The archmage smiled a little.
"I could do no less and I will do the same for Miss Alexander if she should wish it. However by the time you move to Horizon and get around to visiting hopefully I will be on my way to find the Oracles."
He said in a slightly tired voice.
"I feel I can take no more steps towards Asencion on Earth and must try to become a Postulant to learn more and the cost of that is leaving this world behind."
He said softly.

He nodded, "She showed an interest in silverwork, and we came to an agreement; an exchange of favours, essentially."

George just nodded at that.

He pondered, "Speaking of favours - Lady Crexia is presently holding Anna's marble collection and library. That library will, while we reside here, be at least in part rendered available to the Chantry. I myself am not sufficiently acquainted with the body of work that has been accumulated for my apprentice by her previous Mentor, but both Lady Crexia and Mistress Adimari were impressed by it. I will provide as complete an index as time and translation allows, of course, and might ask some help in sorting the books."

"Allowing Chantry members to read some of these books are most generous but do remember that renting out books can be a way to build up a little nest egg for your apprentice which can be useful in the future."
Jeffry said.
"I do not have the time to sort through books but if you ask Mr Riez perhaps he and his apprentice can help, they are scribes after all."

He nodded, "Essentially, where Dune's interstellar travel is done by a drugged-up mutant who folds space around a starship to turn distance to zero, Warhammer 40,000 uses a method of travel that can be best summed up as a blind, insane magician dragging your ship through Hell. The setting is... pretty bleak, to say the least..."

"That do sound most unpleasant though I have met a few Umbral pilots who would fly ships about exactly like that, and being their passenger where unpleasant as well."
George mulled.
"Hum..."

He nodded, "Well, the Jade Demon does have a different philosophy from that of most Nephandi, it seems - he's convinced the world will end on its own, in its own time, so he's content to wait and watch. As a matter of pragmatism, I'd be inclined to let him and his like-minded be indefinitely, so long as they don't decide to suddenly change strategy... Larson and Abigail's plot to call down an Aswadim seems to be as much an affront to the Jade Demon as, well, binding an Oracle would be to us."

"Hum...well I see no reason to attack this Jade Demon then, at least not before every other Labyrinth have been eradicated."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I can see then how that would upset other Nephandi for someone binding one of our Oracles would get many Traditionalist Chantries to go to war."
He said then looked protectively at George who might become an oracle one day.

He nodded, "I trust you'll be able to pick a suitable panel of judges by the time the duel takes place? We'll have to hammer out the finer details between ourselves first, of course."

"Oh so that is my job now is it?"
The old Hermetic said and raised an eyebrow then he smiled and his expression softened.
"Getting three people willing to judge a cooking competition should not be to hard I think."

He nodded, "While I would not mind going out like Flambeau himself for a worthy cause, I would much prefer to see the worthy cause succeed and thrive after my part was played out."

Jeffry raised his coffee mug at you in agreement.
"Well said Mr Wainwright, well said."
He commented and grinned.

He grimaced, "Obviously, I'm no fan of pain, especially not the torture-induced sort. So no, I'd not want to take the chance on being captured."

Jeffry's good cheer melted away and he gave a serious nod and sigh there was little more that could be said you understood the seriousness of the situation well enough.

He nodded, "I can hardly claim it was a comfortable memory for me, either - but i was able to take it in stride. The fact that the memory was softened by five centuries and a different incarnation... helps. It's still not ever going to be something I turn to often... Unless I have the need for terrifying a telepathic snoop, of course."

"No...off course not...are you alright Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said as he was reminded that this must have taken a toll on you as well.
"It can not be a comfortable thing to bring to mind."

He nodded, "Noting that I expect the time frame before such a demonstration on Horizon would be timely would be a matter of weeks rather than months or years, I think I could feel safe enough with storing two drams of dirty Tass in my safe in the workshop - that would not be liable to pose a problem for the Chantry proper.

"Very well, keeping the Tass in your workshop should be fine."
The Security Chief agreed.

That said, the Chantry does have better facilities for storing dangerous magical substances, so if there is any leftovers afterwards whatsoever, I will ask you to assess it over at my shop before any decision on whether or not it can be temporarily stored here instead is made... is this proposal acceptable, Sir?"

"Yes I can agree to assess the Tass Mr Wainwright and decide whatever or not it can be safely stored here, that I can agree to."
He said hesitantly and sigh.

He smiled, "I doubt he'll make himself much of a problem in that regard... He may be a mischievous little imp himself, but unless your imps decide to trespass on what he considers his turf and cause trouble, I sincerely doubt he'll mother much with them. Assuming, as you said, that he can see and interact with them at all."

"I will try to get the imps to behave towards your new friend and hopefully there will not be any trouble."
The old Hermetic said and he smiled a little.

He nodded, and laid a hand on Engrave's shoulder, a warrior's greeting, "My friend, I trust these two with that which you cannot touch. They will treat with you fairly if you will. For this now, I have nothing more to ask of you; stay or go as you wish, and as my friend here said, if you would continue writing the story of the man downstairs, that might be appreciated. Stay sharp, my friend."

"Your friends are fire and a deep wise sea."
Engrave said.
"I will write the man's story that is a good task."
He agreed then he looked confused and looked at his claws.
"I am sharp I can do no other than be sharp."
He said and looked at you and cocked his head to the side.
"Is this something incarnate beings tell to one another to stay what they are?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am

"I see, perhaps being to keep a bit of her purity is why Miss Alexander is not as destructive as most widderslainte children is."
Jeffry said and George nodded.
"I think I understand how it fits together, but such a horrific place how did the crew on the ship fare when they entered there?"
George asked.
"It is also interesting concerning our earlier discussions about the serum...the pinal gland as you mentioned have somewhat the shape of a pine cone you know."
The old archmage said.
"Some say that is why the top of many staffs used in Catholisim by high ranking priests are shaped like pine cones. It is said to be the shape of the soul in the physical world."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hm, I was actually not aware of that. As for the crew, ehh... not well, I'm afraid - the captain is in a deep Jhor-induced coma from which he'll likely never awaken, and the ship itself is saturated with the same Resonance. The less details the better, I'm think... It was not a reassuring place to learn I can scry through time."

"True enough Master Nasse while he do not like me much have been healing every injury I have gotten lately he is a skilled healer, but using magick around pattern damage can be difficult."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "Difficult, true - but the ounce of prevention then becomes unusually much better than the pound of cure."

"Would not that be far more painful than a simple needle? I have not had blood drawn with one but I have been bled with a knife and I do not remember it as particularly plesant."
Jeffry commented and raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "More painful? Probably, but there are ways to numb the skin first, so the pain becomes insignificant. And a little pain is words better than a panic attack that stops the heart, wouldn't you think?"

"And we will use such talismans when we have access to them however when we do not have enough of them the serum might have to be used when we are holding several prisoners, like for example now."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "Of course. Hum... while it will do nothing for the crop of prisoners taken this weekend, perhaps we ought to look into the costs associated with commissioning a number of suitable restraints for later use - I, for one, would be willing to donate at least a substantial share of the work hours for fashioning the physical restraints, to help offset the cost of employing artificers to make such a set of talismans, and I'm sure several other members would be equally willing to chip in - if only to ensure they'd have a better alternative than the serum in case of a Quiet or other such inconvenience."

"I am afraid I have little time for watching television."
The old Flambeau said and raised an eyebrow at your enthusiasm for an fictional character in a play.
He nodded, "Quite; it's one of my exceedingly few indulgences in that regard."

George nodded at that.
"I agree if they can be made to believe that if they do not step down they will be...well you know then well few mages are willing to put their Avatar in danger."
He smiled wryly, "Very much so. The fellow who caused a ruckus downstairs was quite unwilling to let his phylactery be taken away - but at least he seemed to trust that I will let it come to no harm while in my care. That was a clever trick, though, tossing hm out as bait for our side, so he could be captured. The phylactery renders him immune to the serum's effect, which makes him an efficient infiltrator."

The archmage smiled a little.
"I could do no less and I will do the same for Miss Alexander if she should wish it. However by the time you move to Horizon and get around to visiting hopefully I will be on my way to find the Oracles."
He said in a slightly tired voice.
"I feel I can take no more steps towards Asencion on Earth and must try to become a Postulant to learn more and the cost of that is leaving this world behind."
He said softly.
He grinned, "If you make it, would you put in a good word for Miss Adlebloom when she comes along? Oh, it might take a couple of centuries, but it seems her path will lead her the same way; I had a chat with her future self yesterday. Getting to use a Node as a focus for scrying through time was... efficient."

"Allowing Chantry members to read some of these books are most generous but do remember that renting out books can be a way to build up a little nest egg for your apprentice which can be useful in the future."
Jeffry said.
"I do not have the time to sort through books but if you ask Mr Riez perhaps he and his apprentice can help, they are scribes after all."
He nodded, "I do have a small suspicion that there will be quite a bit of frowning upon sharing certain of the texts; I would not be surprised to find Hermetic secrets in the collection. I will, of course, respect the Order's wish for confidentiality regarding such knowledges - I might learn your secrets, but I'd not be so crass as to share them with others at a whim. Besides, that wouldn't be healthy for me, either, I suspect..."

"Hum...well I see no reason to attack this Jade Demon then, at least not before every other Labyrinth have been eradicated."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I can see then how that would upset other Nephandi for someone binding one of our Oracles would get many Traditionalist Chantries to go to war."
He said then looked protectively at George who might become an oracle one day.
He nodded, "Precisely. The Jade Demon is renowned for a noninterference policy - for him to be roused to action for any other reason than the rescue of a captured member of his household is quite possibly a once in a lifetime event. And i'm counting as Mages' lifespans go."

"Oh so that is my job now is it?"
The old Hermetic said and raised an eyebrow then he smiled and his expression softened.
"Getting three people willing to judge a cooking competition should not be to hard I think."
He grinned, "Well, of course. I would want the finest warrior in the city to ensure the jury selection process doesn't get out of hand. Master Adimari is, after all, a good cook with a few centuries' worth of experience; I'll allow that that gives her a modest advantage."

"No...off course not...are you alright Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said as he was reminded that this must have taken a toll on you as well.
"It can not be a comfortable thing to bring to mind."
He nodded, "The memory is... disturbing to watch, but much like my memory of getting hit by a missile, there's a sort of distance; like I watch it in a movie, happening to someone else. Oh, I logically know exactly whose eyes I see the memories through, but the emotional impact is dampened greatly. All the same, well... there was a bit of joy in it, as well - just before the darkness, Julius and Mia's Avatars were one. It was short-lived, true, but all the same, there was that final sense of accomplishment despite it all..."

"Yes I can agree to assess the Tass Mr Wainwright and decide whatever or not it can be safely stored here, that I can agree to."
He said hesitantly and sigh.
He nodded, "Of course, if I find some other heavily resonated Tass that is not corrupted, I would quite likely prefer that - even though the Resonance leakage remains a concern. I would apply the same standard of assessment before bringing it in, though."

"I will try to get the imps to behave towards your new friend and hopefully there will not be any trouble."
The old Hermetic said and he smiled a little.
He nodded, "Jareth is his father's son; I think we'll be fine."

"Your friends are fire and a deep wise sea."
Engrave said.
"I will write the man's story that is a good task."
He agreed then he looked confused and looked at his claws.
"I am sharp I can do no other than be sharp."
He said and looked at you and cocked his head to the side.
"Is this something incarnate beings tell to one another to stay what they are?"
He smiled and nodded, "It is a wish to ward off harm and unwanted change."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hm, I was actually not aware of that. As for the crew, ehh... not well, I'm afraid - the captain is in a deep Jhor-induced coma from which he'll likely never awaken, and the ship itself is saturated with the same Resonance. The less details the better, I'm think... It was not a reassuring place to learn I can scry through time."

"That is quite sad to hear, that poor crew and it's captain if he is lost in a Jhor Quiet from which there is no return, perhaps a bullet would be a kindness for him."
George said and frowned.
"Well it is not my place to say off course but the crew have my sympathies and I do agree that this ship was not a good place to learn you can scry through time no."
The old archmage said.
"As for the symbol of the pine cone you would be surprised at how often it iappears."

He nodded, "Difficult, true - but the ounce of prevention then becomes unusually much better than the pound of cure."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Well that is true enough."

He shrugged, "More painful? Probably, but there are ways to numb the skin first, so the pain becomes insignificant. And a little pain is words better than a panic attack that stops the heart, wouldn't you think?"

"Off course...I guess you are right fear can be far worse than pain, and there are ways to numb skin true enough."

He nodded, "Of course. Hum... while it will do nothing for the crop of prisoners taken this weekend, perhaps we ought to look into the costs associated with commissioning a number of suitable restraints for later use - I, for one, would be willing to donate at least a substantial share of the work hours for fashioning the physical restraints, to help offset the cost of employing artificers to make such a set of talismans, and I'm sure several other members would be equally willing to chip in - if only to ensure they'd have a better alternative than the serum in case of a Quiet or other such inconvenience."

"Perhaps but with as much Tass we have had to use this week and with one of our Nodes compromised our resources are low, but it is a thing to consider in the future I can bring the suggestion before the Deacon Council if you want Mr Wainwright"
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "Quite; it's one of my exceedingly few indulgences in that regard."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Ah yes like I like to do with a glass of some good brandy and bitter chocolate every now and again."
He said and smiled.

He smiled wryly, "Very much so. The fellow who caused a ruckus downstairs was quite unwilling to let his phylactery be taken away - but at least he seemed to trust that I will let it come to no harm while in my care.

"He did not have much choice in giving his Phylactery up once captured either though Mr Wainwright perhaps he thinks it is safer in your care than in mine...ah yes that ring should probably be left at Steelhaven before you go on your mission."
The old Flambeau said.

That was a clever trick, though, tossing hm out as bait for our side, so he could be captured. The phylactery renders him immune to the serum's effect, which makes him an efficient infiltrator."

"Cleaver and risky since the cuffs from Horizon would have affected him as much as any mage, but yes you have to admire this guy's guts in risking capture by the Traditions to infiltrate the Chantry."
The Security Chief said and frowned.

He grinned, "If you make it, would you put in a good word for Miss Adlebloom when she comes along? Oh, it might take a couple of centuries, but it seems her path will lead her the same way; I had a chat with her future self yesterday. Getting to use a Node as a focus for scrying through time was... efficient."

"I will certainly do so if able, and if I may say so myself it is not a bad path to walk if one feel the call to do so though it is a dangerous one as we do not know what await us out there, we only know that those that try to become Postulants seldom if ever return."
George said then he smiled a little.
"Oh I imagine that was quite effective indeed."

He nodded, "I do have a small suspicion that there will be quite a bit of frowning upon sharing certain of the texts; I would not be surprised to find Hermetic secrets in the collection. I will, of course, respect the Order's wish for confidentiality regarding such knowledges - I might learn your secrets, but I'd not be so crass as to share them with others at a whim. Besides, that wouldn't be healthy for me, either, I suspect..."

"Legally the Order of Hermes can not take action against a mage from another Tradition who learns our secrets but that do not mean that there are not those among our Order who would take steps to limit how far that information spreads."
George said then he added.
"You are going to have to find out if there are any Nephandic texts in the lot as well of course and be very careful about who get to read those."

He nodded, "Precisely. The Jade Demon is renowned for a noninterference policy - for him to be roused to action for any other reason than the rescue of a captured member of his household is quite possibly a once in a lifetime event. And i'm counting as Mages' lifespans go."

"Yes from what I have heard about this man he and his Household mostly keep to themselves and cause little trouble for us at least though the local ghost population in Chicago is not the most fond of him I hear."
The Primus commented.

He grinned, "Well, of course. I would want the finest warrior in the city to ensure the jury selection process doesn't get out of hand. Master Adimari is, after all, a good cook with a few centuries' worth of experience; I'll allow that that gives her a modest advantage."

Jeffry looked rather amused at that.
"I will see what I can do Mr Wainwright, I am sure this duel will be most interesting I might have to place a bet at it."

He nodded, "The memory is... disturbing to watch, but much like my memory of getting hit by a missile, there's a sort of distance; like I watch it in a movie, happening to someone else. Oh, I logically know exactly whose eyes I see the memories through, but the emotional impact is dampened greatly. All the same, well... there was a bit of joy in it, as well - just before the darkness, Julius and Mia's Avatars were one. It was short-lived, true, but all the same, there was that final sense of accomplishment despite it all..."

Jeffry nodded but he did loo concerned. George reached out to pat your hand, his skin felt like Udella's old hand but it looked young and fresh which was a bit disconcerting.
"If you ever need to talk about it child my door is always open and I will have a cup of tea ready for you."
The Deacon Primus offered softly.

He nodded, "Of course, if I find some other heavily resonated Tass that is not corrupted, I would quite likely prefer that - even though the Resonance leakage remains a concern. I would apply the same standard of assessment before bringing it in, though."

"I can get you some heavily Resonated Dynamic Tass if that can get you to get rid of the foul corrupted stuff, it is more Resonated than I like in the Chantry the Dynamic Vis as well but at least it is not the same degree of foul."
Jeffry offered and he wrinkle his nose in disgust.
"Be aware though that any heavily Resonated Tass can be dangerous to use to much of if you desire to stay sane."

He nodded, "Jareth is his father's son; I think we'll be fine."

The Security Chief just nodded at that.

He smiled and nodded, "It is a wish to ward off harm and unwanted change."

"I understand, incarnate beings says something completely unrelated when they want to wish one another well and safety...strange...but understandable. Well jump on top of a stone to you to."
Engrave said with a smug look that said he thought he had figured you strange incarnate humans out, just like before he was sure he got this.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:51 pm

"I guess they are tough, but with what they are doing to them paralyze them...do you think they are still awake afterwards? That must be horrible I mean I sort of freak out if I am just held down I can not imagine something like that."
Kyle said and he glanced out the door in the direction of the vampire's door fearfully.

"They probably will go back to sleep soon afterwards. It is the middle of the day. And I'm pretty sure the vampires were informed of this beforehand." Serge said.

"They are trying to get one of the guests to accept being restrained willingly but he is scared do not crowd him."
He warned you see that he have a set of bone dice in his hands.
"You can go in there once it is done if you are quiet and do not spook them but not before."
Adjan whispered.

"Well it's good to know that they are trying to make him willing instead of surprising him." Serge said quietly wondering if that would be enough to sate Kyle's fear.

"Could I just take a peek inside using magick? Be in there without actually being in the room? All I would need is a description of the room." Serge asked remembering the spell he had used to look inside Hannah's room.

When you returned to Kyle's room and showed him the picture of Martha Cunningham he nodded.
"I saw her in the Labyrinth but I really one was down there once I know nothing about her...she have been captured then?"
He asked.

"I assume. It is the first time I've ever seen her in here." Serge confirmed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:03 pm

"They probably will go back to sleep soon afterwards. It is the middle of the day. And I'm pretty sure the vampires were informed of this beforehand." Serge said.

"I assume they where but it still sucks you know. I hope you are right and that they will go back to sleep though."
Kyle agreed but he was still frowning.

"Well it's good to know that they are trying to make him willing instead of surprising him." Serge said quietly wondering if that would be enough to sate Kyle's fear.

"It is kinder than the alternative at least."
Adjan said and glanced it.
"But this is not easy...on anyone involved."

"Could I just take a peek inside using magick? Be in there without actually being in the room? All I would need is a description of the room." Serge asked remembering the spell he had used to look inside Hannah's room.

"As you wish but please be respectful about it kid, no one want their most vulnerable point where they are in pain an fear to be a spectator sport."
Adjan said then he continued.
"It is a small storage room, there are shelves on one wall filled with boxed and various odds and ends, there are two mattresses on the floor. Walls, floor and sealing are made of stone, is that enough of a description Mr...ehm forgive me I am not sure if you ever gave me your name...or do you need more?"
The Euthanathos whispered.

"I assume. It is the first time I've ever seen her in here." Serge confirmed.

"Well it is no fun being a prisoner."
Kyle said.
"I do not know that woman either I have just seen her once."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:36 pm

"That is quite sad to hear, that poor crew and it's captain if he is lost in a Jhor Quiet from which there is no return, perhaps a bullet would be a kindness for him."
George said and frowned.
"Well it is not my place to say off course but the crew have my sympathies and I do agree that this ship was not a good place to learn you can scry through time no."
The old archmage said.
"As for the symbol of the pine cone you would be surprised at how often it iappears."
Colin nodded, "But, perhaps not all hope is lost for Dr. Kelly - his daughter is the current owner of his ship, and she made me a highly generous offer of a substantial cut of the sale price if I can successfully cleanse the ship. I believe I will be able to do so; not at this point, for certain, but I have a few hypotheses that might be possible to expand upon toward a permanent solution for getting rid of unwanted Resonances. It might take a few years of theoretical work, and a few smaller-scale tests, but I believe I can do it eventually; most likely with some far more powerful help, of course. And if I can cleanse an inanimate object of unwanted Resonance, the next logical step - Magi - would be a fairly simple advancement. I believe the Euthanatos would be interested in that... And, of course, if Dr. Kelly could be cleansed of Jhor, it might be possible to get him back, after all..."

"Off course...I guess you are right fear can be far worse than pain, and there are ways to numb skin true enough."
He frowned, "Gabriel may have doted on the little girl, but he forced her to watch his recreational torture and lobotomy for something to the tune of seven years. The poor girl is going to need a lot of therapy to handle even the sight of a needle... but, she will make the embroidered bag in the fullness of time - I will take some satisfaction in undoing more of the damage Gabriel did in life, I think..."

"Perhaps but with as much Tass we have had to use this week and with one of our Nodes compromised our resources are low, but it is a thing to consider in the future I can bring the suggestion before the Deacon Council if you want Mr Wainwright"
Jeffry said and nodded.
He nodded, "As a suggestion, we might coordinate with other Chantries to try to bring the price of individual restraints down by making it a bulk order - collective bargaining."

"He did not have much choice in giving his Phylactery up once captured either though Mr Wainwright perhaps he thinks it is safer in your care than in mine...ah yes that ring should probably be left at Steelhaven before you go on your mission."
The old Flambeau said.
He nodded, "Oh, I have placed it somewhere safe, where it will not get scratched or interact with other magical tools or items. I'm not going to carry it around into the lion's maw."

"Cleaver and risky since the cuffs from Horizon would have affected him as much as any mage, but yes you have to admire this guy's guts in risking capture by the Traditions to infiltrate the Chantry."
The Security Chief said and frowned.
He smiled wryly, "He has courage, true. Though all the same, he had to be ordered out under threat by Larson - she's got something of an ablative group of Fallen under her command, it seems..."

"I will certainly do so if able, and if I may say so myself it is not a bad path to walk if one feel the call to do so though it is a dangerous one as we do not know what await us out there, we only know that those that try to become Postulants seldom if ever return."
George said then he smiled a little.
"Oh I imagine that was quite effective indeed."
He nodded and smirked, "It seemed a logical means - to scry forward at a location I could reasonably expect to be both somewhat timeless and able to endure for several decades, and let the person I would contact know to scry on a specific time and date in the past from whenever I made contact with... It worked, though I am fairly sure there are some Masters of Time who will consider my method cheating, or a reckless workaround of the laws governing the passage of time..."

"Legally the Order of Hermes can not take action against a mage from another Tradition who learns our secrets but that do not mean that there are not those among our Order who would take steps to limit how far that information spreads."
George said then he added.
"You are going to have to find out if there are any Nephandic texts in the lot as well of course and be very careful about who get to read those."
He nodded and grimaced, "I've already assured Lady Crexia that I have no intention of sharing any Hermetic secrets if I should figure them out on my own - but that I of course will need to confer with Order members to see whether I in fact have uncovered something you wish to keep secret. Secrets are just so impractical like that; I can't know what I'm not supposed to know until you know that I know it... And yes, I expect there are some Nephandic texts intermingled with the rest - and while I might find some academic interest in them, I believe I will seal them away indefinitely. Anna will not be permitted to delve into them any more than she might already have, for certain. Hm, I might consult Master Ir for his advice on the matter, actually - there might not be anyone better suited to advise on those texts' content."

"Yes from what I have heard about this man he and his Household mostly keep to themselves and cause little trouble for us at least though the local ghost population in Chicago is not the most fond of him I hear."
The Primus commented.
He frowned, "Ah, yes, regarding ghosts... there's a ghost woman from Chicago; I have wronged her greatly... I have an item from her son, whom I executed in the Labyrinth - once I have cleaned that up and fashioned it into a memorial for him, she will come for me... I hope at that time I can help give her peace, but if not... I'm going to need help to put her to rest."

Jeffry looked rather amused at that.
"I will see what I can do Mr Wainwright, I am sure this duel will be most interesting I might have to place a bet at it."
He chuckled, "I will have to ask Lady Crexia, as a neutral third party, if she is interested in making book, then."

Jeffry nodded but he did loo concerned. George reached out to pat your hand, his skin felt like Udella's old hand but it looked young and fresh which was a bit disconcerting.
"If you ever need to talk about it child my door is always open and I will have a cup of tea ready for you."
The Deacon Primus offered softly.
He nodded, "Thank you... I expect I might need as much this afternoon, after Larson is dealt with..."

"I can get you some heavily Resonated Dynamic Tass if that can get you to get rid of the foul corrupted stuff, it is more Resonated than I like in the Chantry the Dynamic Vis as well but at least it is not the same degree of foul."
Jeffry offered and he wrinkle his nose in disgust.
"Be aware though that any heavily Resonated Tass can be dangerous to use to much of if you desire to stay sane."
He pondered, "That is going to be more than acceptable. I only need it for demonstration of how my Rote allows the use of Resonated quintessence without influencing the caster - while corrupted Tass is the most extremely evident type for contrast, any heavily Resonated Tass should do, provided it is quite clearly different from the caster. And while a miniscule concern for Resonance leakage during transportation remains an issue, it will be greatly diminished by a less abrasive flavour. I was not aware we had any such volatile materials available."

"I understand, incarnate beings says something completely unrelated when they want to wish one another well and safety...strange...but understandable. Well jump on top of a stone to you to."
Engrave said with a smug look that said he thought he had figured you strange incarnate humans out, just like before he was sure he got this.
He arched an eyebrow, only for a half-instant, then nodded, "That made as much sense to me as my statement made to you. I accept it in the spirit it was offered, and hope to understand it in time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

"As you wish but please be respectful about it kid, no one want their most vulnerable point where they are in pain an fear to be a spectator sport."
Adjan said then he continued.
"It is a small storage room, there are shelves on one wall filled with boxed and various odds and ends, there are two mattresses on the floor. Walls, floor and sealing are made of stone, is that enough of a description Mr...ehm forgive me I am not sure if you ever gave me your name...or do you need more?"
The Euthanathos whispered.

"Mr. Yager. Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy. And that description should be fine." Serge said introducing himself to the man as he pulled out his sketchbook and began to draw the room according to his description.

"And I'll be in and out in 10 seconds. I wouldn't feel right if I promised Kyle that I would check up on the vampires without ever actually seeing them. I have no desire to see people at their most vulnerable and I probably wouldn't do this if Kyle hadn't asked me too." Serge assured Adjan as he concentrated on his words.

His eyelids grew heavy as he drew. He let Adjan's words and his own drawing shape the inside of his mind, letting him envision the room inside his well-trained mind. He let his mind wander, letting it do the work as he drew the room and it's contents within. He opened his mind's eye further and peered into the room.

(OOC: Mine 1 + Correspondence 1 to send Serge's 'Mind's eye' into the room and see what's inside.

Arete Roll: 9, 6, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "But, perhaps not all hope is lost for Dr. Kelly - his daughter is the current owner of his ship, and she made me a highly generous offer of a substantial cut of the sale price if I can successfully cleanse the ship. I believe I will be able to do so; not at this point, for certain, but I have a few hypotheses that might be possible to expand upon toward a permanent solution for getting rid of unwanted Resonances. It might take a few years of theoretical work, and a few smaller-scale tests, but I believe I can do it eventually; most likely with some far more powerful help, of course. And if I can cleanse an inanimate object of unwanted Resonance, the next logical step - Magi - would be a fairly simple advancement. I believe the Euthanatos would be interested in that... And, of course, if Dr. Kelly could be cleansed of Jhor, it might be possible to get him back, after all..."

"It is possible Mr Wainwright but with someone as far gone as this Dr Kelly it might not be enough, think of it this way removing a bullet from a wound might stop more damage from taking place but it will not heal the damage already there. I wish you the best of luck though in your project to cleanse this ship and I hope it can eventually help Dr Kelly and members of the Euthanathos Tradition but prevention is probably better than removing Jhor from someone already lost to Morbidity."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He frowned, "Gabriel may have doted on the little girl, but he forced her to watch his recreational torture and lobotomy for something to the tune of seven years. The poor girl is going to need a lot of therapy to handle even the sight of a needle... but, she will make the embroidered bag in the fullness of time - I will take some satisfaction in undoing more of the damage Gabriel did in life, I think..."

"Well that is one way to defeat your enemies undoing what they have done in life and I wish you the best with this project as well."
The old Flambeau said again. George frowned.
"Poor child I am glad that serum will not be used on her then with her background."
The archmage commented.

He nodded, "As a suggestion, we might coordinate with other Chantries to try to bring the price of individual restraints down by making it a bulk order - collective bargaining."

"Possibly but talismans will non the less be quite expensive and we are not going to be able to afford that right now, we can discuss the matter later though when we are back on our feet after this week."
Jeffry said firmly.

He nodded, "Oh, I have placed it somewhere safe, where it will not get scratched or interact with other magical tools or items. I'm not going to carry it around into the lion's maw."

"Good to hear."
The Security Chief said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "He has courage, true. Though all the same, he had to be ordered out under threat by Larson - she's got something of an ablative group of Fallen under her command, it seems..."

"Yes it would seam so indeed, and if her allies are not to loyal to her we might be able to use some of that against Larson, we are going to have to wait and see on that."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded and smirked, "It seemed a logical means - to scry forward at a location I could reasonably expect to be both somewhat timeless and able to endure for several decades, and let the person I would contact know to scry on a specific time and date in the past from whenever I made contact with... It worked, though I am fairly sure there are some Masters of Time who will consider my method cheating, or a reckless workaround of the laws governing the passage of time..."

"We are mages child cheating is what we do, it sounds like you had a little help from Miss Adlebloom's future self though."
George said and he smiled a little.

He nodded and grimaced, "I've already assured Lady Crexia that I have no intention of sharing any Hermetic secrets if I should figure them out on my own - but that I of course will need to confer with Order members to see whether I in fact have uncovered something you wish to keep secret. Secrets are just so impractical like that; I can't know what I'm not supposed to know until you know that I know it...

"I can have a look at the books in your apprentice's library if you like and point out those that you might want to be restrictive with."
George said and smiled.
"And yes that is the problem with secrets indeed."

And yes, I expect there are some Nephandic texts intermingled with the rest - and while I might find some academic interest in them, I believe I will seal them away indefinitely. Anna will not be permitted to delve into them any more than she might already have, for certain. Hm, I might consult Master Ir for his advice on the matter, actually - there might not be anyone better suited to advise on those texts' content."

"Master Ir certainly would know."
George said and Jeffry scowled a bit at that.
"Do you think that talking with that man is wise Mr Wainwright?"
He asked. George smile.
"I have met him in fact he is a perfectly plesant man, other than being Fallen that is...as for Miss Anna's books, not allowing her to delve further into Nephandic topics is probably indeed best."

He frowned, "Ah, yes, regarding ghosts... there's a ghost woman from Chicago; I have wronged her greatly... I have an item from her son, whom I executed in the Labyrinth - once I have cleaned that up and fashioned it into a memorial for him, she will come for me... I hope at that time I can help give her peace, but if not... I'm going to need help to put her to rest."

"I see, that is a complication indeed, do you think she will come after you before we are done dealing with dealing with Larson? For if not I would prefer to set up a separate meeting to deal with this issue properly later. Also do you think she is a danger to other Chantry members?"
Jeffry asked.

He chuckled, "I will have to ask Lady Crexia, as a neutral third party, if she is interested in making book, then."

Jeffry grinned.
"That is an excellent idea Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Thank you... I expect I might need as much this afternoon, after Larson is dealt with..."

"You are welcome any time Mr Wainwright."
George said softly.

He pondered, "That is going to be more than acceptable. I only need it for demonstration of how my Rote allows the use of Resonated quintessence without influencing the caster - while corrupted Tass is the most extremely evident type for contrast, any heavily Resonated Tass should do, provided it is quite clearly different from the caster. And while a miniscule concern for Resonance leakage during transportation remains an issue, it will be greatly diminished by a less abrasive flavour. I was not aware we had any such volatile materials available."

"The Tass should be clear enough, there was a problem with a Node that several Marauders and a few Fae had played with a few years ago, it caused quite a ruckus and there are still some Tass from said Node left."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I will make some calls and get a hold of some of it for you, that will make me far less nervous than corrupted Tass at Steelhaven."

He arched an eyebrow, only for a half-instant, then nodded, "That made as much sense to me as my statement made to you. I accept it in the spirit it was offered, and hope to understand it in time."

Engrave still seamed rather pleased that he had figured incarnate beings out as he vanished to continue writing on the walls in the basement. Jeffry grinned a little.
"You will find that communicating with Umbroods are not always easy Mr Wainwright."
He said.

Your phone made the message ping and there was a text from Freddy that said.
"Dr Lee say he can get us in when you are done with your meeting."

Serge:

"Mr. Yager. Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy. And that description should be fine." Serge said introducing himself to the man as he pulled out his sketchbook and began to draw the room according to his description.

"It is nice to meet you Mr Yager I am Adjan Terach bani Euthanathos."
He said and gave you a polite smile.

"And I'll be in and out in 10 seconds. I wouldn't feel right if I promised Kyle that I would check up on the vampires without ever actually seeing them. I have no desire to see people at their most vulnerable and I probably wouldn't do this if Kyle hadn't asked me too." Serge assured Adjan as he concentrated on his words.

"That is fair enough then Mr Yager, I can understand why young Kyle is worried he must be hearing the noise the vampires are making, you are kind that are trying to reassure him."
He said and nodded in agreement then he returned his attention to being ready in case there where trouble with the vampires.

His eyelids grew heavy as he drew. He let Adjan's words and his own drawing shape the inside of his mind, letting him envision the room inside his well-trained mind. He let his mind wander, letting it do the work as he drew the room and it's contents within. He opened his mind's eye further and peered into the room.

The drawing showing what Adjan had described, on one of the mattresses lay one staked vampire sleeping a pain filled, troubled sleep, Adjan and a woman with long black hair stood around a second bed with another staked man this was awake though with horrified eyes a frozen image of pain and fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:05 pm

The drawing showing what Adjan had described, on one of the mattresses lay one staked vampire sleeping a pain filled, troubled sleep, Adley and a woman with long black hair stood around a second bed with another staked man this was awake though with horrified eyes a frozen image of pain and fear.

"Well that's definitely not what I wanted to see." Serge said as he looked at the picture with a frown.

"I might have gotten a better idea of what was going on if I actually sent my mind in there and saw what was happening in real-time. But judging from this picture I doubt I would've enjoyed what I saw and I don't want to trouble you any further. Thanks for letting me do this." Serge said with a wave as he headed back to Kyle's room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Kristina moved in with some speed, you got the feeling she had casting a spell while waiting for Mr Laenoe to give his consent, for she moved faster than anyone should a spell perhaps inspired by her husband's powers and cast elegantly without her foci, at least that meant the deed was done extremely swiftly with two strokes. Dennis screamed but the sound was quickly cut off and now he was only making panicled little gurgles as his body froze in rigor mortis. Kristina sat down beside the terrified vampire. "Shh it is done now...I know it hurts I know, be calm...it is okey..." She tried but it did not seam to help much for those panicked sounds continued and Lenoe's eyes was full of absolute terror.

To her credit, that was about as fast as the vampire himself had seemed to move and Adley knew that even at his best he wouldn'tve been able to match that speed. The stake was in, stuck fast, but unlike Karl, Mr Lenoe could not seem to find his calm as easily. He'd been more fearful in the first place, so he was not surprised, he just did not know how best to help him. Kristina tried and he didn't want to interfere with her kind words, but he reached out to put a hand near the man, not to frighten him but in a bit of quiet solidarity - he didn't think he would appreciate being touched much in such a state. His face was still where Lenoe could see him, looking concerned for his situation but still avoiding direct gaze. So far, he was preoccupied with dealing with the teacher, trying to settle him back into what rest he could find, and hadn't noticed someone else arriving. "They had a radio on going, something to keep his mind occupied..."

// xD 'jump on top of a stone to you too' LOL

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 pm

"It is possible Mr Wainwright but with someone as far gone as this Dr Kelly it might not be enough, think of it this way removing a bullet from a wound might stop more damage from taking place but it will not heal the damage already there. I wish you the best of luck though in your project to cleanse this ship and I hope it can eventually help Dr Kelly and members of the Euthanathos Tradition but prevention is probably better than removing Jhor from someone already lost to Morbidity."
Jeffry said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Quite; on the other hand, cleansing the poor fellow's Resonance might also help letting him... pass on a little more peacefully."

"Well that is one way to defeat your enemies undoing what they have done in life and I wish you the best with this project as well."
The old Flambeau said again. George frowned.
"Poor child I am glad that serum will not be used on her then with her background."
The archmage commented.
He nodded, "Indeed, in the future timeline where she had been subjected to it, she'd been... quite unwell and stressed for far too long. it had been hard on us both. Hum, Kyle was a great support for her, though; he'll be a great friend to her."

"Possibly but talismans will non the less be quite expensive and we are not going to be able to afford that right now, we can discuss the matter later though when we are back on our feet after this week."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "Oh, absolutely, I was merely proposing an addendum to the suggestion you might lay out before the Council."

"Yes it would seam so indeed, and if her allies are not to loyal to her we might be able to use some of that against Larson, we are going to have to wait and see on that."
Jeffry said and nodded.
He frowned, "The bloody woman sold her closest ally's favourite apprentice to a rogue Soulrender. Loyalty is not something she'll easily inspire, and letting her allies know about that might cause a few more rats to leave the sinking ship."

"We are mages child cheating is what we do, it sounds like you had a little help from Miss Adlebloom's future self though."
George said and he smiled a little.
He nodded, "True enough - I couldn't have reached her if she hadn't reached out to me. It's a good thing she's quite fond of me, I suppose. For all the reasons."

"I can have a look at the books in your apprentice's library if you like and point out those that you might want to be restrictive with."
George said and smiled.
"And yes that is the problem with secrets indeed."
He nodded, "I believe Lady Crexia should be able to slip them into my apartment as I'm retrieving Anna - after we deal with Larson's little band of miscreants. Thank you, Sir."

Master Ir certainly would know."
George said and Jeffry scowled a bit at that.
"Do you think that talking with that man is wise Mr Wainwright?"
He asked. George smile.
"I have met him in fact he is a perfectly plesant man, other than being Fallen that is...as for Miss Anna's books, not allowing her to delve further into Nephandic topics is probably indeed best."
He nodded, "I am already planning to meet Master Ir for a separate reason; his particular expertise is only second to that of Master Telar, after all, and their differing outlooks might offer some different insights into... a few matters, including the Avatar Restoration attempts. Plus, I suspect it might be wise to arrange a meeting with the man soon, to ensure his Avatar first sees mine in a peaceful setting where he's warned mine might look at his hungrily. I'd rather not our first meeting be by accident and have his Avatar spooked by Mia, with the... potential consequences that might have. So yes, I think speaking with him is wise."
He pondered, "There are some aspects of the Qlippoth that do intrigue me - I have a minor hypothesis about there perhaps being a greater Cycle than just the Dynamic-Static-Entropic cycle, and I suspect there are some Nephandic texts that might shed light on the mirror darkly side of that, but that's a subject for later, and not something that should be contemplated as light bedside reading, rather than something that should be approached with utmost caution."

"I see, that is a complication indeed, do you think she will come after you before we are done dealing with dealing with Larson? For if not I would prefer to set up a separate meeting to deal with this issue properly later. Also do you think she is a danger to other Chantry members?"
Jeffry asked.
He shook his head, "I believe she will delay until I've made the memorial for her son, provided I don't deliberately put it on hold indefinitely. And i don't think she'll be a threat to the rest of the Chantry - at least, not directly - though she did suggest she would make every effort to drive me insane, and considering the resources at my disposal... that could be quite as harmful to the members of the Chantry as a direct attack."

"The Tass should be clear enough, there was a problem with a Node that several Marauders and a few Fae had played with a few years ago, it caused quite a ruckus and there are still some Tass from said Node left."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I will make some calls and get a hold of some of it for you, that will make me far less nervous than corrupted Tass at Steelhaven."
He frowned, "Ouch... Well, if you promise to secure the chance to retrieve it before I go to Horizon to get my Rote filed, registered and published, I won't need it here before we depart - and I'll gladly burn off any corrupted Quintessence that crosses my path before heading home."

Engrave still seamed rather pleased that he had figured incarnate beings out as he vanished to continue writing on the walls in the basement. Jeffry grinned a little.
"You will find that communicating with Umbroods are not always easy Mr Wainwright."
He said.
He nodded, "That's becoming increasingly more apparent to me. Honestly, I am just glad I could dissuade him from slicing more at our number when we first met; the Fallen used him as an attack dog. Those claws were... beautiful tools, and should never have been used on the living like that."

Your phone made the message ping and there was a text from Freddy that said.
"Dr Lee say he can get us in when you are done with your meeting."
He fished out his phone with an arched eyebrow, "Hum? Pardon me... Ah, Miss Adlebloom informs me Dr. Lee can arrange for us to get those scans once our meeting is over. Hm, I believe the report and the immediate important topics have been covered, so if it's alright with you, I can go downstairs and retrieve Kyle and get that business done right away. Hm, I need a word with Mrs. Knox before she leaves, too. She might well hit me, and rightly so, and it's just as well to get that over with before heading to the hospital, in any case..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Serge:

"Well that's definitely not what I wanted to see." Serge said as he looked at the picture with a frown.

"It can get rather gruesome to stake a vampire, to many it is just a form of restraining them but it is not really, it is a horrid experience for them."
Adjan said darkly.

"I might have gotten a better idea of what was going on if I actually sent my mind in there and saw what was happening in real-time. But judging from this picture I doubt I would've enjoyed what I saw and I don't want to trouble you any further. Thanks for letting me do this." Serge said with a wave as he headed back to Kyle's room.

"You are welcome Mr Yager and I am sorry that what you saw was not the...most plesant but it is what it is and there are no safer way to keep a vampire restrained, now at least that they are not going to die from this, though they might be traumatized."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

You got back to where Kyle was talking with Darrian and petting Mundi.
"Did you find out what was happening Serge? Are the vampires ok?"
Kyle asked and he looked up at you when you returned to his room.

Adley:

To her credit, that was about as fast as the vampire himself had seemed to move and Adley knew that even at his best he wouldn'tve been able to match that speed. The stake was in, stuck fast, but unlike Karl, Mr Lenoe could not seem to find his calm as easily. He'd been more fearful in the first place, so he was not surprised, he just did not know how best to help him. Kristina tried and he didn't want to interfere with her kind words, but he reached out to put a hand near the man, not to frighten him but in a bit of quiet solidarity - he didn't think he would appreciate being touched much in such a state. His face was still where Lenoe could see him, looking concerned for his situation but still avoiding direct gaze. So far, he was preoccupied with dealing with the teacher, trying to settle him back into what rest he could find, and hadn't noticed someone else arriving.

Dennis looked at you, blood tears was stating to form in the corners of his eyes he was not dealing well with this situation and attempts to calm him down was not working to well.
"Shh it is ok just try to rest Mr Lenoe, you are completely safe."
Kristina tried without much effect. The vampire did seam to become a bit calmer by your presence though, at least he knew you, but he was still near panic.

"They had a radio on going, something to keep his mind occupied..."

"Yes...ehm...on that shelf over there, I will get it."
Kristina said and she very slowly stood so she would not spook the terrified vampire.
"They should be kept in relative darkness with not to many people in here at once, but at the same time they should not be left completely alone for long. A radio might help as well, you know with for example sleep paralysis where there will often pop up terrifying hallucinations? Staked vampires can experience the same but something to focus this minds on can help prevent such disturbing experiences."
Kristina said as she put the radio up and turned it on.
"What channel?"
She asked then she looked thoughtful for a moment and glanced at you she had noticed something but did not want to say anything that might spook Lenoe more she simply did the Hermetic gestures for Intelligo Mentem, she was of Diedne liniage so she would know them even if she did not herself use the gestures in her magick then pointed around as if to say she had felt someone spy into the room using magick.

(OOC: I will get to Warp's post but my PC have some sort of virus on it and are running so slooow where I have to wait several sec from pressing a key to it appearing on screen so I just can not do a long post before I have fixed it which I will try to do now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; on the other hand, cleansing the poor fellow's Resonance might also help letting him... pass on a little more peacefully."

"That may be so Mr Wainwright that may very much be so."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "Indeed, in the future timeline where she had been subjected to it, she'd been... quite unwell and stressed for far too long. it had been hard on us both. Hum, Kyle was a great support for her, though; he'll be a great friend to her."

"I am glad to hear my student will be a friend to young Anna. Also we will try to avoid having to use that serum on the girl."
"Hopefully she will be more comfortable."

He nodded, "Oh, absolutely, I was merely proposing an addendum to the suggestion you might lay out before the Council."

"Very well, what if I invite you to put your suggestion before the Council when it is time to address it, which is not now."
Jeffry offered.

He frowned, "The bloody woman sold her closest ally's favourite apprentice to a rogue Soulrender. Loyalty is not something she'll easily inspire, and letting her allies know about that might cause a few more rats to leave the sinking ship."

"That is not a bad idea, I am sure some at the Labyrinth might be upset at what have happened to the widderslaintes."
Jeffry said.
"And while I would rather kill or capture Nepandi than let them escape, anything that weaken Larson at this point is a good thing."

He nodded, "True enough - I couldn't have reached her if she hadn't reached out to me. It's a good thing she's quite fond of me, I suppose. For all the reasons."

That made George smile.
"I am happy for the two of you, she will be a good support for you though the years."
He said and smiled.

He nodded, "I believe Lady Crexia should be able to slip them into my apartment as I'm retrieving Anna - after we deal with Larson's little band of miscreants. Thank you, Sir."

George nodded.
"It is no bother Mr Wainwright."
He said and smiled.

He nodded, "I am already planning to meet Master Ir for a separate reason; his particular expertise is only second to that of Master Telar, after all, and their differing outlooks might offer some different insights into... a few matters, including the Avatar Restoration attempts.

"Well Master Ir is one of the Traditions greatest experts on Avatars so seeking out his counsel might indeed be wise and after all he have a vested interest in such restoration himself."
George said and nodded in agreement.

Plus, I suspect it might be wise to arrange a meeting with the man soon, to ensure his Avatar first sees mine in a peaceful setting where he's warned mine might look at his hungrily. I'd rather not our first meeting be by accident and have his Avatar spooked by Mia, with the... potential consequences that might have. So yes, I think speaking with him is wise."

"Ah yes...the incident that happened when they attempted to Gilgul Master Ir, that was indeed a dark day for House Guernicus."
George said and frowned.
"Making sure he do not see Mia's peculiarities as a threat might indeed be wise."

He pondered, "There are some aspects of the Qlippoth that do intrigue me - I have a minor hypothesis about there perhaps being a greater Cycle than just the Dynamic-Static-Entropic cycle, and I suspect there are some Nephandic texts that might shed light on the mirror darkly side of that, but that's a subject for later, and not something that should be contemplated as light bedside reading, rather than something that should be approached with utmost caution."

"That would make for a most interesting topic of discussion Mr Wainwright but as you say time is short right now and I fear such metaphysical topics will have to wait for when there is time to discuss them properly."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He shook his head, "I believe she will delay until I've made the memorial for her son, provided I don't deliberately put it on hold indefinitely. And i don't think she'll be a threat to the rest of the Chantry - at least, not directly - though she did suggest she would make every effort to drive me insane, and considering the resources at my disposal... that could be quite as harmful to the members of the Chantry as a direct attack."

"I see well that is quite troubling then again insanity is always a danger on the horizon for any mage so we will handle that when and if it happens, for now though it seams this ghost is not an immediate problem so we can leave the discussion about er off as well until there is time to figure out what to do about the matter."
Jeffry said firmly.

He frowned, "Ouch... Well, if you promise to secure the chance to retrieve it before I go to Horizon to get my Rote filed, registered and published, I won't need it here before we depart - and I'll gladly burn off any corrupted Quintessence that crosses my path before heading home."

"You have my word Mr Wainwright I will get you the Tass you need to demonstrator your rote to get it filed and registered."
The Security Chief promised.
"Thank you not having corrupted Tass around will make me feel allot better."

He nodded, "That's becoming increasingly more apparent to me. Honestly, I am just glad I could dissuade him from slicing more at our number when we first met; the Fallen used him as an attack dog. Those claws were... beautiful tools, and should never have been used on the living like that."

"Agreed you did this Umbrood a great service Mr Wainwright, perhaps now he can find some happiness and he might even be useful to you for your mundane work."
Jeffry said and he nodded approvingly.

He fished out his phone with an arched eyebrow, "Hum? Pardon me... Ah, Miss Adlebloom informs me Dr. Lee can arrange for us to get those scans once our meeting is over. Hm, I believe the report and the immediate important topics have been covered, so if it's alright with you, I can go downstairs and retrieve Kyle and get that business done right away.

"Ah I see, very well then I give you permission to remove Kyle from his cell and take him to get the scan done, but remember that just until we have dealt with Larson he is technically still a prisoner so I leave him under your authority until you return."
The Security Chief said and he found a pair of regular handcuffs from one of his drawers and handed them to you along with the keys.
"Treat him kindly please. And yes we have discussed what needs discussing for now thank you for your rapport and for your help with the situation in Chicago."

Hm, I need a word with Mrs. Knox before she leaves, too. She might well hit me, and rightly so, and it's just as well to get that over with before heading to the hospital, in any case..."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at that.
"Upsetting Verbena can be painful Mr Wainwright however I do think the good woman can be found in the basement with our vampiric guests at the moment."
He informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:57 pm

"I am glad to hear my student will be a friend to young Anna. Also we will try to avoid having to use that serum on the girl."
"Hopefully she will be more comfortable."
Colin smiled, "She will be... Far more so."

"Very well, what if I invite you to put your suggestion before the Council when it is time to address it, which is not now."
Jeffry offered.
He nodded, "A time and place to be determined later. Very good."

That made George smile.
"I am happy for the two of you, she will be a good support for you though the years."
He said and smiled.
He smiled sadly, "Yes... i just wish I could get to be there to support here for her lifetime, as well. I don't know what my fate will be, but... it seems my time will be cut somewhat shorter than hers."

"Ah yes...the incident that happened when they attempted to Gilgul Master Ir, that was indeed a dark day for House Guernicus."
George said and frowned.
"Making sure he do not see Mia's peculiarities as a threat might indeed be wise."
He nodded sagely, "Indeed; such an unfortunate misunderstanding might lead to some diplomatic difficulties with Lady Arden of Morningstar, as well - and I would not want that."

"That would make for a most interesting topic of discussion Mr Wainwright but as you say time is short right now and I fear such metaphysical topics will have to wait for when there is time to discuss them properly."
Jeffry said and nodded.
He nodded, "Absolutely; a topic for the weeks ahead."

"I see well that is quite troubling then again insanity is always a danger on the horizon for any mage so we will handle that when and if it happens, for now though it seams this ghost is not an immediate problem so we can leave the discussion about er off as well until there is time to figure out what to do about the matter."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "Shall we look into the matter tomorrow, perhaps?"

"You have my word Mr Wainwright I will get you the Tass you need to demonstrator your rote to get it filed and registered."
The Security Chief promised.
"Thank you not having corrupted Tass around will make me feel allot better."
He nodded, frowning, "Me too. I can use it with complete safety, but I am still uncomfortable with keeping it lying around. A shard of primal fire, that I can aim, but a pebble of corrupted Tass could get into anyone by accident... and that would just not be an acceptable risk."

"Agreed you did this Umbrood a great service Mr Wainwright, perhaps now he can find some happiness and he might even be useful to you for your mundane work."
Jeffry said and he nodded approvingly.
He smiled wryly, "Very much so - though I think he would be best at carving memorials and the like, and we can't have that for the one you ordered, can we? Unless, perhaps, you deem it acceptable to have him add supplemental information about the lost..."

"Ah I see, very well then I give you permission to remove Kyle from his cell and take him to get the scan done, but remember that just until we have dealt with Larson he is technically still a prisoner so I leave him under your authority until you return."
The Security Chief said and he found a pair of regular handcuffs from one of his drawers and handed them to you along with the keys.
"Treat him kindly please. And yes we have discussed what needs discussing for now thank you for your rapport and for your help with the situation in Chicago."
He accepted the cuffs and nodded, "Very well. I do believe the cuffs will need to be removed for the scan, but... ah, he'll be fine. He's a good kid; his parents did well."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at that.
"Upsetting Verbena can be painful Mr Wainwright however I do think the good woman can be found in the basement with our vampiric guests at the moment."
He informed you.
He sighed, "Yes, she is very good with vampires... that's why she is liable to hit me. It's an unpleasant element of the morning's events, one which I should prefer never come to light."
He finished the tea and frowned as he rose, "Hm, I had best leave the bookbag and my weapon in my apartment; I should rather not bring those into a hospital."
He quickly bowed to the two elder Magi, "By your leave, then, Sirs. And I will see you again in a little while."

He quickly returned to his room and dropped off the things he didn't need for the hospital run, and went downstairs to see Kristina and fetch Kyle.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Yes...ehm...on that shelf over there, I will get it." Kristina said and she very slowly stood so she would not spook the terrified vampire.
"They should be kept in relative darkness with not to many people in here at once, but at the same time they should not be left completely alone for long. A radio might help as well, you know with for example sleep paralysis where there will often pop up terrifying hallucinations? Staked vampires can experience the same but something to focus this minds on can help prevent such disturbing experiences."

"Yes, I would not wish that fate on them." He sighed. "I will see if someone can stay nearby, though I think too many strangers would be offputting as well. Maybe reading them a book would be worthwhile," he considered. "Of course we'll need to consider your own travel arrangements."

"What channel?" She asked then she looked thoughtful for a moment and glanced at you she had noticed something but did not want to say anything that might spook Lenoe more she simply did the Hermetic gestures for Intelligo Mentem, she was of Diedne liniage so she would know them even if she did not herself use the gestures in her magick then pointed around as if to say she had felt someone spy into the room using magick.

"The radio should have the channel already set from before I think," he said. He frowned slightly at her gestures, gave her a nod of understanding and then continued to talk, letting her know what Lenoe had said of his preferences if the channel was not the right one. "Can you mind here a slight while longer while I check on something?" he added with a tilt of his head. He looked down at the frightened vampire. "I will be back if I am able and try to bring you word of your friend. I am sorry for this necessity, truly but you are safer here than elsewhere." He wished he had something more comforting to say, nor did he want to leave the man with strangers but he had little choice. For now, please try to rest if you can and listen to my associate here, she is trustworthy."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:50 am

You got back to where Kyle was talking with Darrian and petting Mundi.
"Did you find out what was happening Serge? Are the vampires ok?"
Kyle asked and he looked up at you when you returned to his room.

"I wasn't allowed into the room for....obvious reasons." Serge started off. "But, with permission, I was able to use a bit of magick to peek into the room. It's not my most powerful scrying spell. Just allows me to draw a picture of what's going on inside the room instead of letting me see what's going on in real time. I was afraid that if I used anything stronger someone on the inside of the room would notice and get freaked out."

"As for the vampires....well...." Serge said glancing at the picture.

"They are ok and their being treated with the utmost kindness. One of them is already asleep. The people inside are doing their best to comfort them and make them willing to be staked. No one is forcing anything upon them." Serge explained.

"The thing is. Even if they are willing. Getting stake still doesn't feel all too great. It looks like their in a bit of pain." Serge said honestly, handing the drawing of the inside of the room to Kyle.

"Their's only so much that picture can show. And it looks like the two people are trying to comfort the vampires as best they can. I think one of them is your brother. I'm pretty sure he's friends with one of those vampires." Serge concluded.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 am

Yeah, in any case, if we belive it's possible, there's a way. That's the point in being what and who we are. Now, if we convince ourselves that there's something that can't be done, then the technocracy, nephandus and the qyrl have won. he said. Then Tane sat, the books on his lap. Well friends, it's been nice chatting. Won't hold you up any longer, and i need to see this books.I'll be seeing you in the morning, maybe. He said, greeting them out.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:43 am

As the others continued to deal with the vampires, Nicole remained where she was, waiting to see if her assistance was needed. It was clear she wasn't the kind of person who could stand simply waiting around; in the process of a couple of minutes she'd checked her pistol, scratched herself in an unladylike manner, picked her teeth with a fingernail and rolled her head around. And with her impatience growing by the second.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "She will be... Far more so."

"Good, I do not wish the girl any harm, I only wish to safeguard this Chantry."
Jeffry said.
"However that duty do come first, before my desire to make sure the young girl is comfortable."

He nodded, "A time and place to be determined later. Very good."

Jeffry just nodded at that and considered the matter closed for now.

He smiled sadly, "Yes... i just wish I could get to be there to support here for her lifetime, as well. I don't know what my fate will be, but... it seems my time will be cut somewhat shorter than hers."

"Well there is always a chance you can change that fate Mr Wainwright, do not be to bound by your vision of the future, they are indications of what will happen, not absolutes."

He nodded sagely, "Indeed; such an unfortunate misunderstanding might lead to some diplomatic difficulties with Lady Arden of Morningstar, as well - and I would not want that."

"I have only met the good Lady Arden once however knowing members of the Verbena Tradition, they tend to plant their daggers in those they see as a threat to their family, that or introduce them to the more aggressive side of a local fauna."
George said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Absolutely; a topic for the weeks ahead."

"It is indeed a topic for weeks ahead when things around here is more peaceful, hopefully."
Jeffry agreed.

He nodded, "Shall we look into the matter tomorrow, perhaps?"

"Yes that sounds good, assuming we are still here tomorrow, and that Larson have been dealt with and that I survived the battle then you can drop by my office at around...let us say eleven and we will make our plans for how to deal with this ghost then."

He nodded, frowning, "Me too. I can use it with complete safety, but I am still uncomfortable with keeping it lying around. A shard of primal fire, that I can aim, but a pebble of corrupted Tass could get into anyone by accident... and that would just not be an acceptable risk."

"Agreed and also Tass is not a bag of four on a shelf, it is crystallized magick, the essence of reality itself, whatever flavor it have tend to affect the surrounding area given time."
The old Flambeau warned and George nodded in agreement.

He smiled wryly, "Very much so - though I think he would be best at carving memorials and the like, and we can't have that for the one you ordered, can we? Unless, perhaps, you deem it acceptable to have him add supplemental information about the lost..."

"Supplemental information is acceptable however the main work on the memorial I ordered you to create is to be made by you this is a punishment after all, unless off course you wish to appeal the decicion to a higher legal authority."
Jeffry said sternly.
"As for your work in general, you seam to forget that size is not the same to an Umbrood as it is to us, there is little reason why if he can engrave a wall that your new friend can not also do so to a ring."

He accepted the cuffs and nodded, "Very well. I do believe the cuffs will need to be removed for the scan, but... ah, he'll be fine. He's a good kid; his parents did well."

"That they did and he is a good kid that is why I offered him an apprenticeship, I do not think he will try to run but I have to think about the safety of this entire Chantry and beyond it this city so I can not afford to be wrong, he do not need to wear the cuffs for the examination itself, however they will be used while he is transported to and from it. You may also use what force is needed to make sure he do not escape and to make sure e cooperates with what Dr Lee and yourself think are needed to examine the effects of the serum, however be as kind as you can be, he is still quite nervous around Traditionalists."
Jeffry said and he frowned a little.
"Keep the kid safe please Mr Wainwright."

He sighed, "Yes, she is very good with vampires... that's why she is liable to hit me. It's an unpleasant element of the morning's events, one which I should prefer never come to light."

"I see, well try not to start any fights inside of the Chantry and do what you have to do."
The old Flambeau said, he did not ask what it was you had done, he considered that to be your own business to share or not as you pleased.

He finished the tea and frowned as he rose, "Hm, I had best leave the bookbag and my weapon in my apartment; I should rather not bring those into a hospital."
He quickly bowed to the two elder Magi, "By your leave, then, Sirs. And I will see you again in a little while."

"Off course, here let me walk you to the door."
Jeffry said and he rose and out of politeness walked you the few steps to the door of his office. George gave you a nod and stood as well.
"I will go and oversee the repairs to our walls."
He said politely.
"Good day Jeffry...Mr Wainwright."
The Deacon Primus said before he also left.

He quickly returned to his room and dropped off the things he didn't need for the hospital run, and went downstairs to see Kristina and fetch Kyle.

You got your things delivered to your room safely and came down to the basement, you saw that the door to Kyle's room was open and Darrian and Serge where talking with him. You also saw Adjan, Nicole and Fran clustered just outside the room the vampires where being kept in.

Adley:

"Yes, I would not wish that fate on them." He sighed. "I will see if someone can stay nearby, though I think too many strangers would be offputting as well. Maybe reading them a book would be worthwhile," he considered. "Of course we'll need to consider your own travel arrangements."

Kristina looked at the vampires as she worked on getting the radio set up.
"I will ask my Mentor's son if he can watch the twins for a while, most of the injured at Morningstar where healed and I might be able to stay a little longer, with the permission of your Deacons off course and help keep these two company for a while, I agree strangers would probably scare them even more, and I know enough telepathy to communicate with them in this state with relative ease, however there is also as you know a man at Morningstar in similar situation as these two and he will also need some support, though hopefully he is sleeping at the moment. I can not stay to long though so if Karl and Mr Lenoe are going to be kept staked for some time you will have to pick a few individuals who's responsibility it will be to visit them and care for them, pick someone kind that can take good care of them and keep them calm."
he advices.

"The radio should have the channel already set from before I think," he said.

"Ah yes here we go."
Kristina said and soon sot 1930's music could be heard from the radio, you could see that Mr Lenoe relaxed if just a little and his eyes looked less wild and scared as he listened to the music.

He frowned slightly at her gestures, gave her a nod of understanding and then continued to talk, letting her know what Lenoe had said of his preferences if the channel was not the right one. "Can you mind here a slight while longer while I check on something?"

"I can do so."
Kristina said simply, she cast a glance at Karl to make sure he was sleeping then she sat down beside Dennis again, adjusting his blankets gently but making sure she did not touch him, which might frighten him.

he added with a tilt of his head. He looked down at the frightened vampire. "I will be back if I am able and try to bring you word of your friend. I am sorry for this necessity, truly but you are safer here than elsewhere." He wished he had something more comforting to say, nor did he want to leave the man with strangers but he had little choice. For now, please try to rest if you can and listen to my associate here, she is trustworthy."

Tears still ran down Lenoe's face and made him look rather gruesome and he managed a sort of whimper when you said you where leaving, he did not want the one person he knew to leave while he was this helpless, not that it was much he could do about it at the moment. Kristina tried to soothe him though.
"I will stay here Mr Lenoe and I promise I am not going to hurt you...your collage here have also heard me say that now, so he can drag me before a court of law in our society if I where to break my word, we have laws against oathbreaking with fairly stern punishments on the books so rest assured I will not go back on my word, I am not going to hurt you, I will watch over you and if there is anything I can do to make this easier on you I will try to do so."
The Verbena said softly. Lenoe did not seam to know what to believe and he looked at you pleadingly.

Serge:

"I wasn't allowed into the room for....obvious reasons." Serge started off. "But, with permission, I was able to use a bit of magick to peek into the room. It's not my most powerful scrying spell. Just allows me to draw a picture of what's going on inside the room instead of letting me see what's going on in real time. I was afraid that if I used anything stronger someone on the inside of the room would notice and get freaked out."

"That sounds like a cool scrying spell to be able to draw a picture of something at another location, that is some X-Files, FBI, spy stuff right there."
Kyle said and nodded approvingly.
"So how where the vampires doing?"
He asked as he remembered the grim reason why he had asked you for this favor.

"As for the vampires....well...." Serge said glancing at the picture.

"They are ok and their being treated with the utmost kindness. One of them is already asleep. The people inside are doing their best to comfort them and make them willing to be staked. No one is forcing anything upon them." Serge explained.

"That...is good then, if they are willing to accept being restrained in such a way."
The young mage said and he sounded a bit relieved.

"The thing is. Even if they are willing. Getting stake still doesn't feel all too great. It looks like their in a bit of pain." Serge said honestly, handing the drawing of the inside of the room to Kyle.

Kyle took the drawing and frowned.
"I guess it makes sense getting stabbed is painful enough and that is metal and sharp a stake would need to break bones and such, and I guess it is like my Dad says that most supernatural creatures have weaknesses and those weaknesses tend to hurt badly, it is as if reality want to give those who are more powerful a kick in the groin saying sure you can have power but here is the price asshole. Paradox for example if you get allot of it at once and it sort of slams into you, or that is what it feels like to me, that can really hurt, and the backlashes can really suck."
He muttered as he looked at the picture before handing it back to you.
"I mean it is the same in fiction right Kryptonite do not only weaken and kill Superman it hurts him as well, he is not happy if he is shot with a Kryptonite bullet, he is not happy at all."

"Their's only so much that picture can show. And it looks like the two people are trying to comfort the vampires as best they can. I think one of them is your brother. I'm pretty sure he's friends with one of those vampires." Serge concluded.

Kyle nodded.
"Yeah it looked like my brother, I wonder how he knows that vampire, then again he had spoken with my friend who is a ghost so he might know all sorts of supernatural creatures."
He said sounding impressed.
"I am glad the vampires are getting help when something really hurts having someone there can help."
He muttered sadly.
"My Dad do not like vampires much, but they do not deserve to suffer alone, no one dos."

Nicole:

You saw the scarred man who had been taking part in the fight upstairs come down to the basement and walk into the corridor you where in, he looked more presentable now that he had changed into a whole though cheap suit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 am

Tane Earlier:

Yeah, in any case, if we belive it's possible, there's a way. That's the point in being what and who we are.

"That may be so Mr Karyak but some things are harder to accomplish that other things. However I am not going to stand in your way of you trying to save Miss Clearwater, though I might not be able to do to much to aid you either."
Hildegard said and nodded.

Now, if we convince ourselves that there's something that can't be done, then the technocracy, nephandus and the qyrl have won. he said.

"Like I said I will not be getting in your way in this endeavor even if I have some doubts about it's validity."
Hildegard said as she regarded Tane for a moment.

Then Tane sat, the books on his lap. Well friends, it's been nice chatting. Won't hold you up any longer, and i need to see this books.I'll be seeing you in the morning, maybe. He said, greeting them out.

"Very well, but remember that you need to keep an eye on Miss Clearwater, she is your responsibility, if you are going to sleep or leave the room you will need to find someone to watch over her in the meantime or take her down to the basement where she can be placed with the other prisoners under guard. You are also going to have to make sure her wound do not start bleeding and that if she is in pain from it that she is given something for that. Her wrists and hands need to be checked to make sure they have good circulation despite being bound every half an hour or so but if she is sleeping do so gently she needs her rest. If her hands grow cold her bonds must be loosened and then you should have another guard to help you keep her under control until she can be bound again. Also remember to provide her with food and water if she should ask for it, and if she needs to relieve herself, call for a woman to keep an eye on her while she do."
The old Chorister instructed you, then she waited for a moment to see if you had any questions before she inclined her head towards everyone preset.
"Mr Karyak, Mr Yager, Miss Clearwater, if you will excuse me then."
She said politely before she left. Cadence smiled a little to the other Chorister.
"Goodbye for now then Ma'am."
She said before she laid back down on the sofa, she was wounded and needed her rest, her movements being a bit awkward due to her bound hands.
"It was nice seeing you again Serge even if the circumstances could have been better."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice then she glanced at Tane for a moment before she settled down as best she could on the sofa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 am

"Well there is always a chance you can change that fate Mr Wainwright, do not be to bound by your vision of the future, they are indications of what will happen, not absolutes."
Colin smiled wryly, "Alas, the only indications I have are of my absence - but nothing about the cause of it. For all I know, I Ascend, or become a Postulant, or perhaps take some completely different path to apotheosis. Or I could suffer a less benign fate. I really have no indication either way."

"I have only met the good Lady Arden once however knowing members of the Verbena Tradition, they tend to plant their daggers in those they see as a threat to their family, that or introduce them to the more aggressive side of a local fauna."
George said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "She is quite pleasant; dignified and sincere. As it is, my standing with her is favourable. I would much prefer that not to change for the worse."

"Yes that sounds good, assuming we are still here tomorrow, and that Larson have been dealt with and that I survived the battle then you can drop by my office at around...let us say eleven and we will make our plans for how to deal with this ghost then."
He nodded, "Very well; eleven AM sharp."

"Agreed and also Tass is not a bag of four on a shelf, it is crystallized magick, the essence of reality itself, whatever flavor it have tend to affect the surrounding area given time."
The old Flambeau warned and George nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "Precisely why I am not keen on long-term storage. Keeping it for the day, until the battle I know is coming is fine, but no longer. It's no bag of flour, indeed - more like a pack of cheap batteries; you never know if they will leak harmful substances or not, if left for too long..."

"Supplemental information is acceptable however the main work on the memorial I ordered you to create is to be made by you this is a punishment after all, unless off course you wish to appeal the decicion to a higher legal authority."
Jeffry said sternly.
"As for your work in general, you seam to forget that size is not the same to an Umbrood as it is to us, there is little reason why if he can engrave a wall that your new friend can not also do so to a ring."
He shook his head, "I have no reason to justify appealing your decision, or to try to weasel out of it. However, my friend might be a little limited in scope - he is a chronicler, not an artist. He preserves the stories of people in more lasting materials than paper or memory; he'd be useful for engraving rings, perhaps, if I wanted to send a very concise and accurate report of some event in a manner that was hard to detect for someone unaware of his talents."

"That they did and he is a good kid that is why I offered him an apprenticeship, I do not think he will try to run but I have to think about the safety of this entire Chantry and beyond it this city so I can not afford to be wrong, he do not need to wear the cuffs for the examination itself, however they will be used while he is transported to and from it. You may also use what force is needed to make sure he do not escape and to make sure e cooperates with what Dr Lee and yourself think are needed to examine the effects of the serum, however be as kind as you can be, he is still quite nervous around Traditionalists."
Jeffry said and he frowned a little.
"Keep the kid safe please Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I will keep him fully informed and do my best to calm him in the process. I just hope we don't meet anyone who asks about the cuffs..."

"I see, well try not to start any fights inside of the Chantry and do what you have to do."
The old Flambeau said, he did not ask what it was you had done, he considered that to be your own business to share or not as you pleased.
He shook his head, "I don't think she will hit me more than once, tops - not something that would qualify as a fight."

"Off course, here let me walk you to the door."
Jeffry said and he rose and out of politeness walked you the few steps to the door of his office. George gave you a nod and stood as well.
"I will go and oversee the repairs to our walls."
He said politely.
"Good day Jeffry...Mr Wainwright."
The Deacon Primus said before he also left.
He nodded, "Gentlemen. I hope the overall damage was slight. I believe Adley's little spiders... gafflings, wasn't it? I trust they're able to do a fair bit in mending the cracks."

You got your things delivered to your room safely and came down to the basement, you saw that the door to Kyle's room was open and Darrian and Serge where talking with him. You also saw Adjan, Nicole and Fran clustered just outside the room the vampires where being kept in.
He sighed softly and nodded to Darrian and Serge, and headed over to the vampires' room, "Ah, is Mrs. Knox still here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next