Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 11 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Yes, I'm still wondering how he managed to get the pillowcase off my pillow without shredding either - he is remarkably clever."

"Indeed a claver bird you have found though he is a bit of an imp as well it sounds."
Jason said sounding amused.

He nodded, "I just took in a rescue, you could say... It's a complicated situation, but it must be so, and in five years, she told me of how I told her I dealt with... ehh, the temporal loops are going to give people headaches. You will get to meet her soon enough - you may even come to like her, even if trust will be a little harder to earn."

"I see, interesting, someone you met in Chicago then Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked.
"Yes your issues with time can indeed be most confusing but they have proved to be useful as well."
She agreed.

He nodded, "Larson's Labyrinth is a Great Polyp landed in Boston's shadow, so to speak. Its Handler is a fan of the novel Dune, and in it there's a spice called Melange. Mr. Bergen happened to have a Norwegian brand of margarine by the same name, and the combination of my leatherbound copy of the book and a block of the margarine will help me gain an audience with the Handler. With luck, that will enable me to turn the creature against Larson's lot, and to assist us in the battle, or at the very least keep the Polyp from aiding Larson in any way. So no, literally buttering the Nephanda up is not going to happen."

"Ah well then it makes sense actually I am not sure a block of oddly named butter and a book will do that much but it might make the woman talk to you at least and you can see where you can go from there."
Hildegard agreed.
"Please do be careful though, there is a reason who talking with Nephandi generally is not recommended your task will not be a safe one Mr Wainwright."

He grinned and waved to Hildegard and Jason, "I'll be down to see the Chief; please don't let anyone into my apartment - I've got some pretty horrid Tass there that I wouldn't want to accidentally expose anyone to."

"Off course your apartment was just entered to check for intruders nothing more there will not be any habit made out of entering your private chambers."
Hildegard said but she seamed rather skeptical of the rest you where saying.
"Horrid Tass Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard said. Jason gave you a nod of his head as you got ready to leave.

He then headed straight for the cafeteria, looking around with Jareth perched on his shoulder

Most of the Chantry where there including the Chief. You also saw Freddy there, the Mercere sat by a table looking in rather bad shape. A woman was hiding in a corner, she might be Martha she was also looking rather hopeless and sad. Hannah was here and the George and Mara. Liv and Jane where coloring on the floor begin entertained by Serge. In short basically everyone not on guard duty or in the basement where in the cafeteria and there was a simmering of voices reaching you.

Serge:

"Yeah he is!" Serge said praising Jane's artwork. "What are you going to name your fairy tiger?"

"He is Mr Fluffer."
Jane said as after she had considered for a moment.
"Do you think fairy tigers gets hurt by steel and iron just like Deaconess O'Connor do Sir?"
The little girl asked.

"Or he could blend into the background and you would never know where he was." Serge said excitedly. "Imagine playing hide-and-seek with something like that."

"That would be allot of fun."
The little girl said excitedly.
"What would such a creature eat?"

"Sea vampires! Of course....Well the vampires I met were quite nice, although you should probably follow your mentor's advice." Serge warned.

"I have never met a vampire Sir, what are they like?"
The little girl asked then she nodded.
"Off course I do listen to my Mentor she knows allot."
She said proudly.

"I didn't know Mr Shark Swo-err Mr Karyak wrote children's books. What are they about?" Serge asked.

"He said they are stories that spirits tell him, the one I read was about a horse that fell in love with a dolphin but they could not be together because one lived in the sea and the other on land, so they went on a quest and did many good deeds and then they became spirits who could be together in the spirit world."
Jane said.

"You got it." Serge said truthfully as his hands began to move faster on the page. He added a long tail towards the back of the dragon, ending it with a pointed spear head. He finished up the claws and added in some gold and jewelry to them, placing fancy golden necklaces around the pointed claws and piles of golden coin clutched within its grasp.

Both of the little girls clapped their hands excitedly as they admired the picture.

"Yeah, they are mean. I bet I could make them see Draxxor flying around above them if I wanted too." Serge said with a chuckle as he envisioned the giant spear-tailed dragon clearly within his mind.

"That would probably make them run away."
Jane said and nodded.
"You should do that the next time you see a Nephandus Sir and scare them away from here, perhaps they will then stop being so mean."
She muttered and pouted.

"Well each small victory leads us closer to a more peaceful world." Serge said earnestly. "Even with all the suffering it's nice to know that the Nephandi didn't get what they wanted."

"That is very true, and I am glad they did not get what they wanted."
Henrietta said.
"Though I was knocked out and not much use to anyone during the battle."

"Thanks. You know sewing can be just as beautiful as drawing a picture. Embroidering your ideas and emotions into cloth. Making fun designs and pictures within clothing." Serge said with a smile.

"I mostly make clothing because you know, Gothic fashion cost money, but fixing the hems of dresses or sewing something custom at times can help with paying the bills."
Henrietta said with a slight shrug.

"Their sensitive to Mind Magick...." Serge said wondering if Jace's last name began with a B. "That's an interesting fact to keep in mind."

"Yeah because they are sort of programmed with the mind of the Prelate or something like that, anyway they are not as protected when it comes to their mind as the rest of them."
Cadence said and nodded.

"No matter what happens just remember that there are people on your side. Your Mentor, me, and the dude with a Shark Sword. We'll all fight for you." Serge said kindly trying to comfort Cadence.

Cadence gave you a sad smile.
"Thank you, I appreciate it Serge."
She said then she looked towards the man and the woman staring into nothing again they seamed to scare her allot but she returned her attention to you and seamed to calm down a little.
"Perhaps there is a chance...that I will not end up like them..."
She whispered.

Cadence did seam to be sincere in her apology to her Mentor, at the very least she regretted hurting the old Chorister.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 11 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Anja's Post:

'Hmm...' Nicole replied softly, attempting to put Devon at ease. 'Me? Fancied a change, really; thought that Boston would be a bit quieter... that and I've not been in the North-East for over a decade. Odd, I've only recently started missing it.'

'Did you apprenctice here, then?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm

"No I apprenticed in New York actually but my Mentor have contacts here in Boston, I guess it is not that quiet over here after all."
He commented.
"Hopefully things will settle down when this group of Nephandi that are causing trouble are dealt with."
He said still looking a bit shy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:22 pm

"Indeed a claver bird you have found though he is a bit of an imp as well it sounds."
Jason said sounding amused.
Colin nodded.

"I see, interesting, someone you met in Chicago then Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked.
"Yes your issues with time can indeed be most confusing but they have proved to be useful as well."
She agreed.
He nodded, "First time I met her, yesterday, I nearly killed her, if not for her companion who improperly healed her, and left her with pattern damage in the heart and lungs. First time she met me, about seven years ago, she mistook me for Hephaestus and begged me to save her mother. Future me has been projecting me to the past and future both, and the girl and I... did not meet by accident."

"Ah well then it makes sense actually I am not sure a block of oddly named butter and a book will do that much but it might make the woman talk to you at least and you can see where you can go from there."
Hildegard agreed.
"Please do be careful though, there is a reason who talking with Nephandi generally is not recommended your task will not be a safe one Mr Wainwright."
He frowned, "I know... on the other hand, I have distinct memories of meeting and dealing with a Handler, twenty years in the future... though I do hope that chain of events can be avoided entirely. Nevertheless, a Nephandi Battlecruiser is a tricky thing to invade, but if a single person can get in first and negotiate with the Handler, it can blind and deafen the other Fallen to an army... And I know dealing with the Fallen is frowned upon, but divide and conquer should be tolerable, I think - turn their own methods against them, so to speak."

"Off course your apartment was just entered to check for intruders nothing more there will not be any habit made out of entering your private chambers."
Hildegard said but she seamed rather skeptical of the rest you where saying.
"Horrid Tass Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard said. Jason gave you a nod of his head as you got ready to leave.
His smile gave way for a slightly disgusted grimace, "Volatile and corrupt Tass, the sort we have perfectly good laws against trading in. It is as safe as a hand grenade, and I can use it for about the same purpose - and I don't like keeping it around any more than would, say, Chief Morgan. This weekend I've burned through... hum, about fifty drams of the such stuff that I carried around myself, the quantities that were drained from the Ball of Abysmal Flame at the Umbral Port and the one that a Nephandus set up in the Chicago Labyrinth, plus the corrupted Main Node at that Labyrinth... maybe some three hundred and change drams of corrupted Quintessence used up, all without catching any Resonance myself?"

Most of the Chantry where there including the Chief. You also saw Freddy there, the Mercere sat by a table looking in rather bad shape. A woman was hiding in a corner, she might be Martha she was also looking rather hopeless and sad. Hannah was here and the George and Mara. Liv and Jane where coloring on the floor begin entertained by Serge. In short basically everyone not on guard duty or in the basement where in the cafeteria and there was a simmering of voices reaching you.
He waved to Liv in passing, gave George and Mara a quick, formal bow as he passed near them, and made his way to what would be Martha's corner, "Madame Cunningham, I presume?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm

He nodded, "First time I met her, yesterday, I nearly killed her, if not for her companion who improperly healed her, and left her with pattern damage in the heart and lungs. First time she met me, about seven years ago, she mistook me for Hephaestus and begged me to save her mother. Future me has been projecting me to the past and future both, and the girl and I... did not meet by accident."

"I see that sounds quite complicated...hum if you nearly killed her she is from one of the other factions then Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked.

He frowned, "I know... on the other hand, I have distinct memories of meeting and dealing with a Handler, twenty years in the future... though I do hope that chain of events can be avoided entirely. Nevertheless, a Nephandi Battlecruiser is a tricky thing to invade, but if a single person can get in first and negotiate with the Handler, it can blind and deafen the other Fallen to an army... And I know dealing with the Fallen is frowned upon, but divide and conquer should be tolerable, I think - turn their own methods against them, so to speak."

"Oh my the issues with time you are having Mr Wainwright sound as bad as the ones my Cabalmate Ryan talks about, I am sure I would get quite a headache in your stead. What you talk about sounds to be tactical though. Do Chief Morgan know about this about the Labyrinth being a battle cruiser?"
Hildegard asked and frowned.
"Well in either case it sounds to be legal, but I am not so sure the Chief will be so thrilled about the idea of sending you alone ahead of the main force of the attack, nor would I think your Cabal would be particularly happy with that notion."
Hildegard said and she sounded a bit skeptical.

His smile gave way for a slightly disgusted grimace, "Volatile and corrupt Tass, the sort we have perfectly good laws against trading in. It is as safe as a hand grenade, and I can use it for about the same purpose - and I don't like keeping it around any more than would, say, Chief Morgan. This weekend I've burned through... hum, about fifty drams of the such stuff that I carried around myself, the quantities that were drained from the Ball of Abysmal Flame at the Umbral Port and the one that a Nephandus set up in the Chicago Labyrinth, plus the corrupted Main Node at that Labyrinth... maybe some three hundred and change drams of corrupted Quintessence used up, all without catching any Resonance myself?"

"Oh my that is quite allot, I have heard about the rote of yours that let you handle the foul stuff safely but are you sure you should not get yourself checked out for Resonance effects, just to be sure Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked her eyes wide.
"Have you talked with Chief Morgan and told him about the corrupted Tass you are keeping in your room though? I am not so sure he would be to happy about it."

He waved to Liv in passing, gave George and Mara a quick, formal bow as he passed near them

Liv waved back to you and smiled. Mara and George returned your bow politely before they continued to talk with the Chief in hushed voices.

and made his way to what would be Martha's corner, "Madame Cunningham, I presume?"

The woman curled even more up into a corner, she had been given some fresh clothes but the mental hospital's handiwork could be seen in dark bruises around her wrists and ankles and injection marks on her arms, looking up at you for a moment nervously she simply nodded. Martha would have been pretty once with her large dark eyes and curly hair framing a soft face with high cheekbones, a thin nose and full lips but now she just looked sad and drawn and very, very frightened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:17 pm

"I see that sounds quite complicated...hum if you nearly killed her she is from one of the other factions then Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked.
Colin nodded, "She is... Fallen. And in time, she will be the first Mage to have been through the Caul and restore her Avatar within the same lifetime. I'll understand if you don't want Jane to interact with her, though - but Anna is a surprisingly sweet girl, if a little on the morbid side. And no, I won't be letting her roam around the Chantry unrestrained."

"Oh my the issues with time you are having Mr Wainwright sound as bad as the ones my Cabalmate Ryan talks about, I am sure I would get quite a headache in your stead. What you talk about sounds to be tactical though. Do Chief Morgan know about this about the Labyrinth being a battle cruiser?"
Hildegard asked and frowned.
"Well in either case it sounds to be legal, but I am not so sure the Chief will be so thrilled about the idea of sending you alone ahead of the main force of the attack, nor would I think your Cabal would be particularly happy with that notion."
Hildegard said and she sounded a bit skeptical.
He nodded, "I don't speak Greek, so I only approximately know what his response was to that piece of information... and my going ahead alone is just one reason why Chief Morgan will be quite unhappy with the plan. Not to mention my Cabal or miss Adlebloom. All the same, it's what must be, I'm afraid."

"Oh my that is quite allot, I have heard about the rote of yours that let you handle the foul stuff safely but are you sure you should not get yourself checked out for Resonance effects, just to be sure Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked her eyes wide.
"Have you talked with Chief Morgan and told him about the corrupted Tass you are keeping in your room though? I am not so sure he would be to happy about it."
He nodded, "Oh, I rinse and check more frequently than ever these days, while I use the stuff - I'm not taking any chances with it. And I will inform the Chief of it as soon as I speak with him - I'm sure he'll be about as happy about it as I am, which is to say not happy at all, but grudgingly accept the spare ammunition."

The woman curled even more up into a corner, she had been given some fresh clothes but the mental hospital's handiwork could be seen in dark bruises around her wrists and ankles and injection marks on her arms, looking up at you for a moment nervously she simply nodded. Martha would have been pretty once with her large dark eyes and curly hair framing a soft face with high cheekbones, a thin nose and full lips but now she just looked sad and drawn and very, very frightened.
He smiled thinly, "My name is Colin Wainwright, we spoke on the phone... I would like to extend my condolences for your loss."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:19 pm

"He is Mr Fluffer."
Jane said as after she had considered for a moment.
"Do you think fairy tigers gets hurt by steel and iron just like Deaconess O'Connor do Sir?"
The little girl asked.

"Probably. If he's going to be a part of the fae than he's gotta have their weaknesses right." Serge said with a shrug.

"That would be allot of fun."
The little girl said excitedly.
"What would such a creature eat?"

"I don't know. Let's just say he eats whatever he's given. Chocolate, trees, cheese, dirt. But not vegetables. No one likes vegetables." Serge said with a smile.

"I have never met a vampire Sir, what are they like?"
The little girl asked then she nodded.

"Hard to say. I didn't stay with them for very long. But they were very pale and scared. One of the mean nephandi scared them. We calmed them down and now their better." Serge said not wanting to give too much information to the young girl.

"He said they are stories that spirits tell him, the one I read was about a horse that fell in love with a dolphin but they could not be together because one lived in the sea and the other on land, so they went on a quest and did many good deeds and then they became spirits who could be together in the spirit world."
Jane said.

"Man now I want to read that book. It sounds interesting. Although if he gets it from the spirits than he's copying their work. He should mention them somewhere at the start of the book." Serge said wondering if spirits could file a lawsuit against Mr. Karyak for plagiarism.

Both of the little girls clapped their hands excitedly as they admired the picture.
"That would probably make them run away."
Jane said and nodded.
"You should do that the next time you see a Nephandus Sir and scare them away from here, perhaps they will then stop being so mean."
She muttered and pouted.

"I'll keep that in mind if I ever meet another one. Draxxor will teach them their manners." Serge said with smile as he continued to draw with more passion and speed.

"That is very true, and I am glad they did not get what they wanted."
Henrietta said.
"Though I was knocked out and not much use to anyone during the battle."

"At least you took a hit. I chickened out and stood in the back and started just drawing those oil-men." Serge said with a shrug.

"I mostly make clothing because you know, Gothic fashion cost money, but fixing the hems of dresses or sewing something custom at times can help with paying the bills."
Henrietta said with a slight shrug.

"At least your making some money off your talent. I haven't got the guts to try anything like that with my art." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah because they are sort of programmed with the mind of the Prelate or something like that, anyway they are not as protected when it comes to their mind as the rest of them."
Cadence said and nodded.

"That seems...dangerous. If you tampered with the mind of the oil-men wouldn't you be tampering with the mind of the Prelati or something?" Serge said wondering how it worked.

Cadence gave you a sad smile.
"Thank you, I appreciate it Serge."
She said then she looked towards the man and the woman staring into nothing again they seamed to scare her allot but she returned her attention to you and seamed to calm down a little.
"Perhaps there is a chance...that I will not end up like them..."
She whispered.

Cadence did seam to be sincere in her apology to her Mentor, at the very least she regretted hurting the old Chorister.

"That's right, you have a chance. Don't give up all hope." Serge said returning her smile with a friendly one of his own.

(OOC: With all the talk about bringing the dragon to life I might as well make a roll to see how well Serge draws it  Razz . Dex+Art roll to draw the dragon and to lower future arete rolls using the dragon picture.

Roll: 7, 2, 5, 6, 3, 9)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "She is... Fallen. And in time, she will be the first Mage to have been through the Caul and restore her Avatar within the same lifetime. I'll understand if you don't want Jane to interact with her, though - but Anna is a surprisingly sweet girl, if a little on the morbid side. And no, I won't be letting her roam around the Chantry unrestrained."

"Fallen...but will you be allowed to keep her?"
Hildegard asked then she frowned.
"And is it safe to keep such a child? How will you be able to restrain her? I am not so sure someone who have Fallen will be able to restore themselves, i am not so sure it is possible Mr Wainwright are you sure you are not taking water over your head?"

He nodded, "I don't speak Greek, so I only approximately know what his response was to that piece of information... and my going ahead alone is just one reason why Chief Morgan will be quite unhappy with the plan. Not to mention my Cabal or miss Adlebloom. All the same, it's what must be, I'm afraid."

"You are a brave man Mr Wainwright the problem is that brave men are often the first to meet their fate."
The Chorister said and frowned.
"Still if it can help stop this mad Nephandi woman perhaps it is worth it but I can not say I like the idea."

He nodded, "Oh, I rinse and check more frequently than ever these days, while I use the stuff - I'm not taking any chances with it. And I will inform the Chief of it as soon as I speak with him - I'm sure he'll be about as happy about it as I am, which is to say not happy at all, but grudgingly accept the spare ammunition."

"Perhaps it is fortunate that you do not speak Greek Mr Wainwright you might not like what the Chief will have to say about this storage of corrupted Tass that you are keeping."
The Chorister commented.
"I would ask someone else to check you out as well if you do not mind me offering advice, choose someone you trust but another person might find something you yourself have missed."

He smiled thinly, "My name is Colin Wainwright, we spoke on the phone... I would like to extend my condolences for your loss."

Martha looked up at you sadly tears running down her cheeks.
"Y...you talked me...into surrendering..."
She muttered she grabbed a hold of one of her own fingers and before Jon who was set to guard her could react she broke it, grunting as she did so and looking down at the injury. Jon rushed to her side and tried to grab her wrists but this sacred her and she drew away from the Virtual Adept and screamed.

Serge:

"Probably. If he's going to be a part of the fae than he's gotta have their weaknesses right." Serge said with a shrug.

"Yeah I guess you are right about that Sir...Deaconess Mara touched a frying pan by accident once and it burned her hand it looked really painful."
Jane said and glanced at the large woman who stood talking with Jeffry and George.
"That is a scary weakness."

"I don't know. Let's just say he eats whatever he's given. Chocolate, trees, cheese, dirt. But not vegetables. No one likes vegetables." Serge said with a smile.

"I like mini carrots and yellow tomatoes and corn on the cob."
Jane said and smiled, now and again she translated for Liv.
"And Liv said that in the town she live in there are huge open markets full of vegetables of all sorts of colors however a chocolate eating eagle shark sounds good and he likes to bite Nephandi and Technocrats and chase them away."
The little girl declared and giggled.

"Hard to say. I didn't stay with them for very long. But they were very pale and scared. One of the mean nephandi scared them. We calmed them down and now their better." Serge said not wanting to give too much information to the young girl.

"It is good they are better it is not fun being scared. there was a monster at my window last night, but Master Morgan and Mr Roth Hicks killed it."
Jane said as she continued to color in her tiger.
"It was really scary...what a mean Nephandus Sir...I do not like them."

"Man now I want to read that book. It sounds interesting. Although if he gets it from the spirits than he's copying their work. He should mention them somewhere at the start of the book." Serge said wondering if spirits could file a lawsuit against Mr. Karyak for plagiarism.

"He do mention it at the start of the book Sir or as much as he can mention it and not become a target of the Technocracy and besides it is illegal to tell sleepers that we are mages my Mentor says so."
The little girl said sternly then she nodded.
"I left the book in the library when done with it so others can read it as well, it was a fun book."

"I'll keep that in mind if I ever meet another one. Draxxor will teach them their manners." Serge said with smile as he continued to draw with more passion and speed.

The little girls giggled and nodded.
"Yeah he will scare them all away."
Jane said happily as she begun to draw stars around her tiger for him to eat.

"At least you took a hit. I chickened out and stood in the back and started just drawing those oil-men." Serge said with a shrug.

"I was run down by a terrified vampire...poor guy I should get down there and see how they are doing, hopefully they have fallen back asleep."
Henrietta said.
"Oil men? Drawing? I am afraid you lost me there Mr Yager."
She said looking rather puzzled.

"At least your making some money off your talent. I haven't got the guts to try anything like that with my art." Serge said with a slight frown.

"Your drawings are good enough to earn money on, what if you start out on a roleplaying game forum or so, many players are willing to pay for pictures of their characters it is not something to get rich from but to get your feet wet with earning money on your art it might be an idea."
The Hollow One suggested.

"That seems...dangerous. If you tampered with the mind of the oil-men wouldn't you be tampering with the mind of the Prelati or something?" Serge said wondering how it worked.

"To some degree but it is more that the spirits are given a piece of his mind rather than them being his mind directly, the way I understand it...how safe it would be I do not know though."
Cadence said and shrugged.
"I am not the Prelatus and this is magick that is far beyond my ken I am just saying what I have heard."

"That's right, you have a chance. Don't give up all hope." Serge said returning her smile with a friendly one of his own.

Cadence nodded and looked down.
"Perhaps I will be allowed to use magick again sometime...it is not likely but..."
She sigh.

(OOC: That looks like it is a well drawn dragon and yes Serge will get a lowered diff to project the image of the cookie destroyer into someone's mind.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:27 pm

"Fallen...but will you be allowed to keep her?"
Hildegard asked then she frowned.
"And is it safe to keep such a child? How will you be able to restrain her? I am not so sure someone who have Fallen will be able to restore themselves, i am not so sure it is possible Mr Wainwright are you sure you are not taking water over your head?"
Colin nodded, "The Chief informed me that the Deacon Council voted in my favour, on condition of the girl being restrained while on the premises. As for restraining her, I have a couple of options... despite the damnable serum being unacceptable thanks to freshly uncovered facts about it. And Anna will restore her Avatar - she just visited from fifty years in the future, carrying evidence of her cleansing. Master Steelhaven confirmed this."

"You are a brave man Mr Wainwright the problem is that brave men are often the first to meet their fate."
"Still if it can help stop this mad Nephandi woman perhaps it is worth it but I can not say I like the idea."
He smiled wryly, "Brave men are not the first to meet their fate. People who confuse bravery with not understanding the danger usually beat them to it... but yes, I do get your meaning. The idea is not one that fills me with excitement, but I have a fair grasp of the dangers and the potential benefits, and I think it's worth the risk."

"Perhaps it is fortunate that you do not speak Greek Mr Wainwright you might not like what the Chief will have to say about this storage of corrupted Tass that you are keeping."
The Chorister commented.
"I would ask someone else to check you out as well if you do not mind me offering advice, choose someone you trust but another person might find something you yourself have missed."
He nodded, "I already have, repeatedly, and I will again. I'm not taking needless chances with such storage; I understand all too well why trade in that filth is illegal, and I fully agree with that law. And I do appreciate your concern. In fact, feel free to take a look, see if you see something worrisome."

Martha looked up at you sadly tears running down her cheeks.
"Y...you talked me...into surrendering..."
She muttered she grabbed a hold of one of her own fingers and before Jon who was set to guard her could react she broke it, grunting as she did so and looking down at the injury. Jon rushed to her side and tried to grab her wrists but this sacred her and she drew away from the Virtual Adept and screamed.
His eyes widened, "Madame Cunningham, please, don't hurt yourself... I realize you need to feel things, but... please, let my Chantrymate tend to your hand. Your Labyrinthmates - your friends need you to avenge them after what Larson did. Besides, Devourer of Fetuses would be saddened if you keep hurting yourself."
He carefully extended a hand, "Please, for your friends' sakes?"
He looked over at Jon, "And be careful with sudden moves, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Colin nodded, "The Chief informed me that the Deacon Council voted in my favour, on condition of the girl being restrained while on the premises. As for restraining her, I have a couple of options... despite the damnable serum being unacceptable thanks to freshly uncovered facts about it. And Anna will restore her Avatar - she just visited from fifty years in the future, carrying evidence of her cleansing. Master Steelhaven confirmed this."

Hildegard did not look all to pleased about this but she sigh.
"Well if the Deacon Council have agreed to it who am I to protest...but are you sure this person you said visited you from the future is this Fallen child you speak about?"
The Chorister asked.
"There is something wrong with the Serum the Etherites make? I have come to understand it is rather secure."

He smiled wryly, "Brave men are not the first to meet their fate. People who confuse bravery with not understanding the danger usually beat them to it... but yes, I do get your meaning. The idea is not one that fills me with excitement, but I have a fair grasp of the dangers and the potential benefits, and I think it's worth the risk."

"Well as long as you understand that what you propose is extremely dangerous."
Hildegard said and frowned.

He nodded, "I already have, repeatedly, and I will again. I'm not taking needless chances with such storage; I understand all too well why trade in that filth is illegal, and I fully agree with that law. And I do appreciate your concern. In fact, feel free to take a look, see if you see something worrisome."

"Well if you do not mind."
Hildegard said and she started singing a beautiful, warm tone as she looked at you the tone evened out at times but was just as clear.
"Hum...your Resonance is Static with touches of Dynamic perhaps a bit of Entropy but not Jhor, it is clear and fine...that is remarkable if you have been using corrupted Quintessence."
The Chorister said with her eyes wide when she stopped singing.

His eyes widened, "Madame Cunningham, please, don't hurt yourself... I realize you need to feel things, but... please, let my Chantrymate tend to your hand. Your Labyrinthmates - your friends need you to avenge them after what Larson did. Besides, Devourer of Fetuses would be saddened if you keep hurting yourself."

"But I need to...feel something I...need to..."
Martha protested as she sobbed.
"Gabriel's little girl? She is captured by the Traditions? Oh no poor child."
She muttered and curled together.
"I just want all of this to be a nightmare."

He carefully extended a hand, "Please, for your friends' sakes?"

Martha hesitated for a long while but eventually she gave you her wounded hand, her broken finger standing at an odd angle.

He looked over at Jon, "And be careful with sudden moves, hmm?"

Jon looked at the woman horrified.
"Ehm...yeah perhaps I should go and get one of the healers...shit..."
He muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:20 pm

There was a collection of half burned candles on a shelf that was the imp's home, all three of them where there sleeping though Carly woke up when you looked at her and she waved at you. Mundi sniffed the candles knowing the imps where there he wagged his tail though and seamed happy, he did not seam to smell any trouble.
He gave a little wave to Curly. "Just making sure you are alright, friends, and if everything here is well," he said in Enochian.
"I understand...perhaps you should sit down for a while." Narim said and indicated one of the chairs, he sounded quite concerned.
"I am sure the Chief would not mind...are you in pain?" The Virtual Adept asked he was about to touch your shoulder gently but stopped himself not sure if you would welcome such and attempt at comfort. "Have you seen one of the healers? And is there anything I can do?"
"Plus, our friend here is not really a dog, or just a dog anyway," he added, nodding to Mundi. "No offense to his Master of course, his trust in me to allow him to help is a great gift, but some things are a little private and he has good hearing." He debated sitting in a chair but opted to sit against the desk instead for now. "It's okay," he said, seeing his hesitation, "I know I'm not much used to it, but it's still ok if it's people I trust, like you," he said. "Ah...there is not much you can do about it, or a healer but thank you. Time heals all wounds. It hurts but many people have been injured far worse or carry far worse pains, I just need to soldier on for now I think and try not to complain."
"Yes I know, we all have our little peculiarities from what we are, as for coffee that is ok you should sit down for a while instead, I can make you a cup though if you want? I mostly drink tea but I am sure I can figure out the coffee maker as well." He said then he added with a bit of jest in his voice. "I am a Virtual Adept after all we are good with machines."
He smiled. "I just slept which I feel is more than most people can say right now, I should be helping you out," but he acquiesced and took a chair, one of the ones that he normally sat in when his pater was there.
"I can do that, if Mr Yager can give me a description and a time when this woman was here and left I can probably track her trough the city using various cameras, I have an app for that." Narim said and nodded. "She tranced one of our spirits, that is not good, no it would have been best if she had not gotten away and as such been free to come back and try again."
"I think he could, yes, I can give you the time we got up there," he said and told him. "Don't know how long she was at it though. Well, now that we know that they tried something like that maybe we can prevent a repeat attempt."
"That is not good, let me check." Narim said and fished his phone out of his pocket and begun to tap at it...
"There is...something here, it is not my area of expertise but I think we might have a spirit in the local cell towers that is what it looks like to me, be careful what you say over the phone for now and I will run a proper analysis on my laptop, and find a way to banish it..."
He raised an eyebrow. "A spirit? Hrm...damn. Guess it's probably not the Technocrats then," he mused with a frown. "You're studying the ars of spirit Narim?" he asked, sounding favorable to the idea.
"I will take care of it, there is a black market for blood..." Narim said and sigh. "It will take a few hours though and if these vampires are like a friend of mine that I chat with, then they need to be properly...restrained sooner rather than later if they are hungry they can loose control in an instant."
"Yes, there are a few people down there with them, and one is an expert on vampires, if you need to try to talk to her, though I'm not sure if she's still with us or not. But we didn't have time to convince them to er...the previous standard, when the spirit was attacking, we had to calm them down first. So a few people were left to try to do that first. I think she was hoping they'd pass out from daylight first. But yes, it will need to be handled soon, probably after I report in with my pater."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled."Ah do not worry about it, I will just split of a part of me to take care of such mundane tasks so I can focus on the ones that are more challenging."
"Speaking of being everywhere at once," he said with a tilt of his head at him. "But...forgive me for worrying about paradox on your behalf, after all the shuttling around you've done and all. I'll never forget...er, well. I worry for you, I know what the cost can be. Perhaps someone can help you deal with that via delegation, if you don't mind my suggestion."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:22 pm

"Yeah I guess you are right about that Sir...Deaconess Mara touched a frying pan by accident once and it burned her hand it looked really painful."
Jane said and glanced at the large woman who stood talking with Jeffry and George.
"That is a scary weakness."

"So are you sure that the pan wasn't just.....hot? Also yeah its a scary weakness but the Deaconess is strong enough to handle it. Not to mention that we all protect each other." Serge said with a smile.

"I like mini carrots and yellow tomatoes and corn on the cob."
Jane said and smiled, now and again she translated for Liv.
"And Liv said that in the town she live in there are huge open markets full of vegetables of all sorts of colors however a chocolate eating eagle shark sounds good and he likes to bite Nephandi and Technocrats and chase them away."
The little girl declared and giggled.

"Yeah and the Technocrats and Nephandi have no where to hide. If they hide in the sea then he'll just swim down and bite them! If they hide on a plane he'll just fly up and bite them! " Serge said imagining the humorous slapstick comedy of a shark-eagle biting the Nephandi and Technocracy.

"He do mention it at the start of the book Sir or as much as he can mention it and not become a target of the Technocracy and besides it is illegal to tell sleepers that we are mages my Mentor says so."
The little girl said sternly then she nodded.
"I left the book in the library when done with it so others can read it as well, it was a fun book."

"I'm going to the library tomorrow with a friend. I'll look for it and see if I can find it." Serge said wondering what kinds of stories the spirits had to tell.

"I was run down by a terrified vampire...poor guy I should get down there and see how they are doing, hopefully they have fallen back asleep."
Henrietta said.
"Oil men? Drawing? I am afraid you lost me there Mr Yager."
She said looking rather puzzled.

"Ohhhhhh we're talking about very different battles. You see after the whole vampire fiasco in the basement my group went upstairs and their was a whole different mess up there. A giant mass of black oily slime spawning these giant oil-men while using her freaky slimy tentacles to drag Ms. Larson into a portal." Serge said describing what had happened upstairs and using his hands for unnecessary dramatic effect.

"Your drawings are good enough to earn money on, what if you start out on a roleplaying game forum or so, many players are willing to pay for pictures of their characters it is not something to get rich from but to get your feet wet with earning money on your art it might be an idea."
The Hollow One suggested.

Serge shrugged. "It could be a good learning experience. Maybe I'll try it, when I get some free time."

Cadence nodded and looked down.
"Perhaps I will be allowed to use magick again sometime...it is not likely but..."
She sigh.

"...but theirs a chance. By the way what kind of magick did you use again?" Serge asked, hoping to distract Cadence from the grim subject.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Hildegard did not look all to pleased about this but she sigh.
"Well if the Deacon Council have agreed to it who am I to protest...but are you sure this person you said visited you from the future is this Fallen child you speak about?"
The Chorister asked.
"There is something wrong with the Serum the Etherites make? I have come to understand it is rather secure."
Colin nodded, "I am certain - and Master Steelhaven confirmed it."
He frowned, "The serum... it works, but use extended past three days in a row causes Primium clumping in the brain, leading to... potentially fatal consequences. It's acceptable for taking prisoners or stopping a Mage as they slip into a Quiet, but not for holding them indefinitely."

"Well as long as you understand that what you propose is extremely dangerous."
He nodded, "I would not want to risk anyone else to go in my place, to put it that way..."

"Well if you do not mind."
Hildegard said and she started singing a beautiful, warm tone as she looked at you the tone evened out at times but was just as clear.
"Hum...your Resonance is Static with touches of Dynamic perhaps a bit of Entropy but not Jhor, it is clear and fine...that is remarkable if you have been using corrupted Quintessence."
The Chorister said with her eyes wide when she stopped singing.
He nodded, "My Rote lets me draw the Quintessence directly into a spell without going through my Avatar. You could liken it to accompanying your voice with a Theremin - you create music by gesturing around the instrument, but never actually touch it."

"But I need to...feel something I...need to..."
Martha protested as she sobbed.
"Gabriel's little girl? She is captured by the Traditions? Oh no poor child."
She muttered and curled together.
"I just want all of this to be a nightmare."
He nodded, "I know, you need to feel, but breaking your fingers is a little excessive. Hum, I can ask the doctor if he has something to test skin sensitivity that you might borrow."
He smiled warmly, "Gabriel's little girl is under my personal protection... Her glass dragon cannot be touched, and she will in time make her way back to our side completely. She's a sweet, clever child, and I owe her a chance to live and prosper."
He frowned, "And I'm sorry, but it's no nightmare... it's real, I'm afraid, and..." he lowered his voice, "the ones who so dreadfully hurt you represent a blight that must be excised, for us both."

Martha hesitated for a long while but eventually she gave you her wounded hand, her broken finger standing at an odd angle.
He frowned as he gently clasped her hand, careful not to press against the broken finger, "We'll need to set this... but it will hurt, quite a bit. If you wish, I'll ask that you not be given anything to suppress the pain?"

Jon looked at the woman horrified.
"Ehm...yeah perhaps I should go and get one of the healers...shit..."
He muttered.
He nodded, "Get Dr. Lee, if you can - this is a case for simple bonesetting, rather than magical healing."
He looked at Martha again, "For once, pain relief is not a priority, I think..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Adley:

He gave a little wave to Curly. "Just making sure you are alright, friends, and if everything here is well," he said in Enochian.

"Master told us to stay here and not go out."
Curly said and played with her tail.
"It have been very boring."
The imp said and pouted.
"Play with us Master's student pleaaase!"
The little spirit demanded and held out her chubby arms to you.

"Plus, our friend here is not really a dog, or just a dog anyway," he added, nodding to Mundi. "No offense to his Master of course, his trust in me to allow him to help is a great gift, but some things are a little private and he has good hearing."

Mundi looked at you for a while wagging his tail then he seamed to understand and walked to the door of the office.
"No he is not just a dog that is for sure, I hope his feelings where not hurt though."
Narim said and he patted the familiar on the head.

He debated sitting in a chair but opted to sit against the desk instead for now. "It's okay," he said, seeing his hesitation, "I know I'm not much used to it, but it's still ok if it's people I trust, like you," he said. "Ah...there is not much you can do about it, or a healer but thank you. Time heals all wounds. It hurts but many people have been injured far worse or carry far worse pains, I just need to soldier on for now I think and try not to complain."

Narim looked like he wanted to ask for he was concerned but he did not, he smiled when you said you trusted him though and he gently put a hand on your shoulder.
"Are you sure Adley? I can get Dr Lee there might be something he can do to help you."
The Virtual Adept offered.

He smiled. "I just slept which I feel is more than most people can say right now, I should be helping you out," but he acquiesced and took a chair, one of the ones that he normally sat in when his pater was there.

Narim nodded and went to make coffee using a pitcher of water that stood next to the machine.
"How many spoons of grind do you want in it?"
He asked.

"I think he could, yes, I can give you the time we got up there," he said and told him. "Don't know how long she was at it though. Well, now that we know that they tried something like that maybe we can prevent a repeat attempt."

"I will talk with Mr Yager and sit down with my computer and give it a try, see what I can find, hopefully I might be able to trace her and I agree now that we discovered her hopefully she will not dare to try to attack our spirits again but you never know."
Narim said as he made a note of the time you mentioned on his phone.

He raised an eyebrow. "A spirit? Hrm...damn. Guess it's probably not the Technocrats then," he mused with a frown. "You're studying the ars of spirit Narim?" he asked, sounding favorable to the idea.

"It could still be the Union they do not see spirits the save way mystics do, they see them more like errors in code and strange AIs but they still work with them."
The Virtual Adept said then he looked at you and nodded.
"I am but I am not very advanced in those studies yet, I should be able to banish a spirit from a machine though but my ability in that area do not expand much beyond that."
He said a bit self consciously and looked down.

"Yes, there are a few people down there with them, and one is an expert on vampires, if you need to try to talk to her, though I'm not sure if she's still with us or not. But we didn't have time to convince them to er...the previous standard, when the spirit was attacking, we had to calm them down first. So a few people were left to try to do that first. I think she was hoping they'd pass out from daylight first. But yes, it will need to be handled soon, probably after I report in with my pater."

"I can try to talk to this expert and see what condition our guests are in, I understand not being able to talk them into letting themselves be restrained in such a way after they have been hurt, the friend I told you about is pretty scared about that so I suppose our guests would be as well. Hopefully as you say they have fallen back asleep that would be for the best for everyone involved...I will see what I can find on the black market though."
Narim said but you could see that he was concerned.
"The ones left down there with the guests, they are quick spellcasters or armed right?"
He asked.

"Speaking of being everywhere at once," he said with a tilt of his head at him. "But...forgive me for worrying about paradox on your behalf, after all the shuttling around you've done and all. I'll never forget...er, well. I worry for you, I know what the cost can be. Perhaps someone can help you deal with that via delegation, if you don't mind my suggestion."

"Yeah that was not...a good experience."
Narim muttered and shuddered he trouched the scars from the Paradox spirit on the side of his head.
"But I should be fine doing magick at the Chantry not affecting the outside as long as I don't mess it up, thank you for worrying about me though."
He said with a slight smile.
"The situation is not ideal for any of us."

Serge:

"So are you sure that the pan wasn't just.....hot? Also yeah its a scary weakness but the Deaconess is strong enough to handle it. Not to mention that we all protect each other." Serge said with a smile.

"The pan was hanging on a rack Sir."
Jane said.
"And the whole Chantry knows never to get anything made of steel near the Deaconess but yeah she is strong and we will protect one another we will. It makes me wonder though how would a doctor vaccinate fay babies if they can not be around steel, how do they drive cars or fry eggs or do any of the things where there are steel things involved?"
The little girl said and scratched her head.

"Yeah and the Technocrats and Nephandi have no where to hide. If they hide in the sea then he'll just swim down and bite them! If they hide on a plane he'll just fly up and bite them! " Serge said imagining the humorous slapstick comedy of a shark-eagle biting the Nephandi and Technocracy.

"Yeah that is what he will do,he will bite them and chase them away and then they will leave us alone."
Jane said happily and clapped her hands. Liv said something in Latin perhaps she asked for a translation for when Jane did so she clapped her hands and giggled as well.

"I'm going to the library tomorrow with a friend. I'll look for it and see if I can find it." Serge said wondering what kinds of stories the spirits had to tell.

"That sounds like a good idea Sir."
The little Chorister agreed and smiled.

"Ohhhhhh we're talking about very different battles. You see after the whole vampire fiasco in the basement my group went upstairs and their was a whole different mess up there. A giant mass of black oily slime spawning these giant oil-men while using her freaky slimy tentacles to drag Ms. Larson into a portal." Serge said describing what had happened upstairs and using his hands for unnecessary dramatic effect.

"It seams I missed quite a bit while I was knocked out."
Henrietta said and frowned she looked around.
"Most seam to be here though including Miss Larson so we have to have won right? Are everyone alright?"
The Hollower asked nervously.
"Where the intruders, that sound rather nasty from your description expelled from the Chantry?"

Serge shrugged. "It could be a good learning experience. Maybe I'll try it, when I get some free time."

"It could I am sure of it, and you have such talent."
Henrietta said and smiled.

"...but theirs a chance. By the way what kind of magick did you use again?" Serge asked, hoping to distract Cadence from the grim subject.

"I ehm...mostly I am good at manipulating magick itself you know, Prime but I am also a decent healer and I can work a bit with elements."
Cadence said proudly and the topic did seam to make her a bit happier.
"And I can affect my own body, making myself stronger...better...at least for a little while."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I am certain - and Master Steelhaven confirmed it."

"I see, well who am I to disagree with Master Steelhaven."
Hildegard said though she still sounded doubtful.

He frowned, "The serum... it works, but use extended past three days in a row causes Primium clumping in the brain, leading to... potentially fatal consequences. It's acceptable for taking prisoners or stopping a Mage as they slip into a Quiet, but not for holding them indefinitely."

"I see well that do sound most unpleasant."
"It is probably not a good way to restrain this little Nephandi girl you speak about then, and besides the serum hurts quite a bit the way I understand it, probably not something one would want to continue to subject a child to."

He nodded, "I would not want to risk anyone else to go in my place, to put it that way..."

Hildegard nodded grimly at that.
"Well the final decision on whatever or not you get to go is up to Master Morgan but I do not like it."

He nodded, "My Rote lets me draw the Quintessence directly into a spell without going through my Avatar. You could liken it to accompanying your voice with a Theremin - you create music by gesturing around the instrument, but never actually touch it."

"Most interesting. I look forward to learning more about this rote Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said and she gave you and interested look.

He nodded, "I know, you need to feel, but breaking your fingers is a little excessive. Hum, I can ask the doctor if he has something to test skin sensitivity that you might borrow."

"It dos not help...it dos not help I just want my magick back I want to be whole...I want to...be whole again!"
Martha wept, big tears rolled down her cheeks.

He smiled warmly, "Gabriel's little girl is under my personal protection... Her glass dragon cannot be touched, and she will in time make her way back to our side completely. She's a sweet, clever child, and I owe her a chance to live and prosper."

"So she will not be...be..."
Martha said.
"Good...poor child no child should have to go through...this..."
She sobbed.

He frowned, "And I'm sorry, but it's no nightmare... it's real, I'm afraid, and..." he lowered his voice, "the ones who so dreadfully hurt you represent a blight that must be excised, for us both."

"I hate them for what they did to me I hate them!"
Martha sobbed her entire frame shook.
"I want it to be a nightmare I want to wake up...I can't take this."
She glanced up at you with red, puffy, tear filled eyes.
"Kill me...please I just do not want to feel this way anymore...please."

He frowned as he gently clasped her hand, careful not to press against the broken finger, "We'll need to set this... but it will hurt, quite a bit. If you wish, I'll ask that you not be given anything to suppress the pain?"

Martha nodded weakly at that.
"I just want to feel...something..."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Get Dr. Lee, if you can - this is a case for simple bonesetting, rather than magical healing."
He looked at Martha again, "For once, pain relief is not a priority, I think..."

Jon nodded he looked rather green he did not say it but the look in his eyes said it all this could have been Beatrice, would have been her if Adley had been a moment slower with those documents.
"I...I will get Richard...just keep an eye on her in the meantime ok?"
He asked as he hurried to get the Akashic. Around you just about every mage in the room looked over at Martha and they looked very uneasy. You see Micah Gregario looking sadly in that direction.
"I...might...be able to help her..."
He whispered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well, what were you expecting?' Nicole replied, watching the goings-on in the room in general. 'Outsiders only know what the locals tell 'em, and most aren't the type to give an honest report.' ending with a shrug.

'Have we been told to assemble here now, or is this more waiting around in the hope somebody's going to turn up and fill us in?' gesturing to the assembled Awakened.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

"I am not so sure, it sort of feel like no one expected this mess. I mean none of the Chantries involved are war Chantries and it seams these guys are as shocked as we are about the state of affairs."
Devon said and frowned.
"Or to put it in less refined words I do think the Nephandi caught them with their pants down."
The the other Etherinte nodded.
"It is a little of option A and a little of option B I think they wanted everyone in a safe location until they are sure the Chantry is safe."
He commented.
"That is what I have heard."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm

"Master told us to stay here and not go out." Curly said and played with her tail. "It have been very boring." The imp said and pouted. "Play with us Master's student pleaaase!"
"Boring is good in this instance, it means no harm has come to you and you have done well listening to him. I wish I could play with you but I have duties I must attend to in the now, so do as Master says, please."

Mundi looked at you for a while wagging his tail then he seamed to understand and walked to the door of the office.
"No he is not just a dog that is for sure, I hope his feelings where not hurt though."
He walked over and patted Mundi. "It is alright friend, there is no need to sequester yourself so; I am not meaning to hurt your feelings."
Narim looked like he wanted to ask for he was concerned but he did not, he smiled when you said you trusted him though and he gently put a hand on your shoulder. "Are you sure Adley? I can get Dr Lee there might be something he can do to help you."
"Yes, I'm sure." After all the things that had grabbed at him, what he'd found out in the labyrinth, and the repeated continual contact from people that he did trust, he made a concerted effort not to draw away - or rather, he hoped to find that there wasn't a need. He looked a little self-conscious or embarrassed, then he smiled. "But thanks...for caring," he said.
Narim nodded and went to make coffee using a pitcher of water that stood next to the machine.
"How many spoons of grind do you want in it?"
"Whatever you normally use is fine."
"I will talk with Mr Yager and sit down with my computer and give it a try, see what I can find, hopefully I might be able to trace her and I agree now that we discovered her hopefully she will not dare to try to attack our spirits again but you never know."
Narim said as he made a note of the time you mentioned on his phone.
"Might be worth checking around anyway, if we missed something it might turn up. Say if someone else was messing around outside."
"It could still be the Union they do not see spirits the save way mystics do, they see them more like errors in code and strange AIs but they still work with them."
He made a tsking sound. "Errors? Well, some of them should not be here on this plane, that I'll grant."
The Virtual Adept said then he looked at you and nodded. "I am but I am not very advanced in those studies yet, I should be able to banish a spirit from a machine though but my ability in that area do not expand much beyond that." He said a bit self consciously
He raised an eyebrow at him. "You do realise that is about where I myself am at? We have different methods of course but that is fairly advanced, to be able to banish a spirit, at least in my opinion. For what that's worth. It can be hard to do, too, especially if you try to do it alone. Some are immensely powerful, so maybe getting help is a good idea. But even if you're not a Master at every single sphere you know right now, you are one of the most capable mages in this chantry with a very great breadth and depth of knowledge. I think we all wish we knew what we don't know, when it turns out to matter, at least I know I do."
"I can try to talk to this expert and see what condition our guests are in, I understand not being able to talk them into letting themselves be restrained in such a way after they have been hurt, the friend I told you about is pretty scared about that so I suppose our guests would be as well. Hopefully as you say they have fallen back asleep that would be for the best for everyone involved...I will see what I can find on the black market though." Narim said but you could see that he was concerned. "The ones left down there with the guests, they are quick spellcasters or armed right?" He asked.
He told them who was down there, and then added, "If something were going amiss I would assume our friend here might help tip us off, as well. But I will be going down there directly after our conversation here, should I bring someone else with me to hold the area?"
"Yeah that was not...a good experience." Narim muttered and shuddered he trouched the scars from the Paradox spirit on the side of his head.
"But I should be fine doing magick at the Chantry not affecting the outside as long as I don't mess it up, thank you for worrying about me though."
"Sorry, maybe I shouldn'tve brought that up," he apologized. "I'm just worried, and...well, thank you. You're always there, helping everyone out, making everything work, making sure we get home. I didn't get much a chance to realise or appreciate that as much as I do now. I hope I get a chance to make it up to you, or show you how much that's helped me, those little things and the big things too, in all this craziness. It's like..." he stopped to try to word it, "everything got tilted and we're all scrambling not to fall off and helping each other and you're just...there and you always were but..." He pushed a hand through his hair, embarrassed by his inability to articulate what he was feeling very well and stood back up. "Sorry if that doesn't make sense...I just thought I'd say that while I had the chance, before we go back to all that out there."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Anja's Post:

A small frown, a hesitation... 'Fuck it. I can always argue I was just getting a better gun. And the parking lot is still technically part of the place. The others have wandered off, too.' half to herself, as though justifying it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:45 pm

"The pan was hanging on a rack Sir."
Jane said.
"And the whole Chantry knows never to get anything made of steel near the Deaconess but yeah she is strong and we will protect one another we will. It makes me wonder though how would a doctor vaccinate fay babies if they can not be around steel, how do they drive cars or fry eggs or do any of the things where there are steel things involved?"
The little girl said and scratched her head.

"She probably has alternatives for those things. Maybe her tools are made out of different materials or she found another way to accomplish those things. And even if she can't find an alternative she can get one of her friends to help her. As for fae babies, I'm pretty sure their magically strong enough to resist diseases. And even if their not their's always magick to heal them." Serge suggested.

"Yeah that is what he will do,he will bite them and chase them away and then they will leave us alone."
Jane said happily and clapped her hands. Liv said something in Latin perhaps she asked for a translation for when Jane did so she clapped her hands and giggled as well.

"Yeah that would be nice wouldn't it." Serge said secretly wishing that it was that easy.

Turning over to Jane and Liv speaking in Latin Serge listened for a bit and then said "Man I wish I could speak Latin. Magickal spells sound so much cooler when you say them in another language and latin is like the king of magickal sounding languages. Where'd you learn how to speak latin anyways?

"It seams I missed quite a bit while I was knocked out."
Henrietta said and frowned she looked around.
"Most seam to be here though including Miss Larson so we have to have won right? Are everyone alright?"
The Hollower asked nervously.
"Where the intruders, that sound rather nasty from your description expelled from the Chantry?"

"Everyone's all right. We fought back and won a pretty sound victory against them. Master Morgan freed Miss Larson from the slime things tentacles and then the Primus closed the portal. Afterwards the rest of the mages finished off the mother mass and the remaining oil-men. There were, like, more than 15 mages fighting against that thing, including many Masters. I doubt we were ever in a position to lose." Serge said informing the goth girl.

"I ehm...mostly I am good at manipulating magick itself you know, Prime but I am also a decent healer and I can work a bit with elements."
Cadence said proudly and the topic did seam to make her a bit happier.
"And I can affect my own body, making myself stronger...better...at least for a little while."

"Now that is cool!" Serge said encouraging Cadence by praising her abilities.

"You said you had control over the elements. I've always wondered what kinds of things you can do with magick like that. Can you like, light your fists on fire and start punching things with enhanced strength. Or can you light your hair on fire....you know just for dramatic effect and not actually burn your hair off." Serge said wondering what kinds of things you could do with elemental magicks.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:18 pm

"I see, well who am I to disagree with Master Steelhaven."
Hildegard said though she still sounded doubtful.
Colin smiled thinly, "I'm not asking you to abandon all caution... just that you not condemn the poor girl right away; give her a chance to prove herself?"

"I see well that do sound most unpleasant."
"It is probably not a good way to restrain this little Nephandi girl you speak about then, and besides the serum hurts quite a bit the way I understand it, probably not something one would want to continue to subject a child to."
He nodded, "I had the opportunity of a time bubble wherein I could dose myself with the stuff and ride it out. It's a painful quantity for an adult with large muscles; far worse for a child not yet grown - the tissue damage at the injection site is bad enough, but the accompanying nausea is... well, suffice to say, I've made sure I know what I'm doing to others in administering the serum, if necessary - I've had to do so with a few captures in one Labyrinth, and there will be more captures in the next, I fear..."

Hildegard nodded grimly at that.
"Well the final decision on whatever or not you get to go is up to Master Morgan but I do not like it."
He nodded, "Neither do I... I think I'd actually feel safer bringing a pair of Marauders with me as bodyguards, to be honest. But I don't see that as being likely to happen..."

"Most interesting. I look forward to learning more about this rote Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said and she gave you and interested look.
He grinned, "You and the whole of the Traditions... I'm publishing it for general distribution, once I've got the patent in place. It's too valuable for me to hoard; that little trick can protect countless Magi from Resonance problems with dirty Quintessence, and even serve as an equalizer for poorer Chantries with one or two heavily Resonated Nodes."

"It dos not help...it dos not help I just want my magick back I want to be whole...I want to...be whole again!"
Martha wept, big tears rolled down her cheeks.
He nodded, voice soft and quiet, "I know... I know how it is, to be so suddenly blinded and deafened, so empty and senseless, even if only for an instant... I would not wish it on anyone, friend or foe... I wish I could help you, but I do not know how..."

"So she will not be...be..."
Martha said.
"Good...poor child no child should have to go through...this..."
She sobbed.
He nodded, "No... no-one should have to go through that. But a child who was tricked into the Caul least of all. Little Anthea will live, and in time, the Caul's work will be undone. She will grow up brave, strong and magnificent..."

"I hate them for what they did to me I hate them!"
Martha sobbed her entire frame shook.
"I want it to be a nightmare I want to wake up...I can't take this."
She glanced up at you with red, puffy, tear filled eyes.
"Kill me...please I just do not want to feel this way anymore...please."
He frowned, "I don't wish to kill you... I want you to see a measure of justice before the end. And once the ones to did this to you are dealt with, once those who pervert our laws for their own ends have received their just desserts... then, if you still wish your life to end, I will come to see you, bringing a loaded gun and a candle for your passing. But for now, you need to remain strong and focus on getting justice for the ones who Larson betrayed..."

Martha nodded weakly at that.
"I just want to feel...something..."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I... do have a few ideas, with your consent - I believe we have an artist who can induce strong emotion through his drawings; a bit of empathic or telepathic trickery, though I'm not sure how good he is with delicate work. If you wish, I might ask him to draw you a picture or two, see what he might accomplish? Does that sound acceptable?"

Jon nodded he looked rather green he did not say it but the look in his eyes said it all this could have been Beatrice, would have been her if Adley had been a moment slower with those documents.
"I...I will get Richard...just keep an eye on her in the meantime ok?"
He asked as he hurried to get the Akashic. Around you just about every mage in the room looked over at Martha and they looked very uneasy. You see Micah Gregario looking sadly in that direction.
"I...might...be able to help her..."
He whispered softly.
He nodded to Jon, "I will. Hurry."
He smiled to Micah, "I'm glad to see you've rallied after my... reckless Cabalmate's display. I would appreciate your help, thank you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 am

Adley:

"Boring is good in this instance, it means no harm has come to you and you have done well listening to him. I wish I could play with you but I have duties I must attend to in the now, so do as Master says, please."

"You are boring as well Master's student boo."
Carly complained and pouted.
"Ok...I will stay if Master says so I will be a good girl."
She grumbled.

He walked over and patted Mundi. "It is alright friend, there is no need to sequester yourself so; I am not meaning to hurt your feelings."

Mundi wagged his tail at that and looked up at you with his black eyes happily.

"Yes, I'm sure." After all the things that had grabbed at him, what he'd found out in the labyrinth, and the repeated continual contact from people that he did trust, he made a concerted effort not to draw away - or rather, he hoped to find that there wasn't a need. He looked a little self-conscious or embarrassed, then he smiled. "But thanks...for caring," he said.

Narim looked at you for some time he gently put his hand on your shoulder for a little while then he smiled a little.
"Off course I care you...have been kind to me...and...well anyway I hope you will be feeling better soon."
He said a bit self consciously.

"Whatever you normally use is fine."

"I do not drink allot of coffee but let me see if I can make it drinkable."
The virtual Adept said he finished up the preparations and put the machine on.

"Might be worth checking around anyway, if we missed something it might turn up. Say if someone else was messing around outside."

"Good idea...let me just...set a program to run on my phone and I can do more when I get to my laptop."
Narim said and he tapped at his phone a few times.

He made a tsking sound. "Errors? Well, some of them should not be here on this plane, that I'll grant."

"It is more that the Union are not allowed to believe in spirits so when encountering one they usually see them as an AI either intentional or created as an error."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"I now such constructs of mind are not spirits but they do not. It is the same if they encounter fay they will just classify them as mages as Orphans or if they look alien as some other Awakened since it is punishable by torture in effect to say you believe you met one of the fay."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "You do realise that is about where I myself am at? We have different methods of course but that is fairly advanced, to be able to banish a spirit, at least in my opinion. For what that's worth. It can be hard to do, too, especially if you try to do it alone. Some are immensely powerful, so maybe getting help is a good idea.

Narim looked at you for a moment then he looked down again.
"I ehm...do not think I could banish a powerful spirit alone if the one in the towers are of considerable strength I will ask for help."
He agreed and then he scratched his head.
"I em...did not mean it that way, your magick is beautiful and useful I ehm..."
He muttered struggling to find words.

But even if you're not a Master at every single sphere you know right now, you are one of the most capable mages in this chantry with a very great breadth and depth of knowledge. I think we all wish we knew what we don't know, when it turns out to matter, at least I know I do."

"I am one of Dante's apprentices I am met with certain expectancies..."
Narim said and looked down his voice getting softer.
"Most only see my talent with magick and expect...me to be perfect due to my Mentor. Your and your teacher and some of the few who seam to see me as well...but yeah I want to learn more about spirits, they are fascinating but I am happy to take my time."
He said before looking up at you.

He told them who was down there, and then added, "If something were going amiss I would assume our friend here might help tip us off, as well. But I will be going down there directly after our conversation here, should I bring someone else with me to hold the area?"

Narim nodded.
"That would be wise vampires do not have our potential but they can be dreadfully quick and when scared or hungry they are unpredictable. I would bring someone who can work magick quickly and also make sure the guests are restrained, at least with sound chains, I mean them no harm but they need to be restrained at least until they have been fed."
The Virtual Adept advices.

"Sorry, maybe I shouldn'tve brought that up," he apologized.

"Oh don't worry about it...I mean it was really scary but I will get over it, and you and your Mentor saved my life and sanity so I am fine."
He said and gave a nervous smile but it was clear the meeting with the Paradox spirit had rattled him.

"I'm just worried, and...well, thank you. You're always there, helping everyone out, making everything work, making sure we get home. I didn't get much a chance to realise or appreciate that as much as I do now. I hope I get a chance to make it up to you, or show you how much that's helped me, those little things and the big things too, in all this craziness. It's like..." he stopped to try to word it, "everything got tilted and we're all scrambling not to fall off and helping each other and you're just...there and you always were but..." He pushed a hand through his hair, embarrassed by his inability to articulate what he was feeling very well and stood back up. "Sorry if that doesn't make sense...I just thought I'd say that while I had the chance, before we go back to all that out there."

Narim looked at you for a while then he smiled a little and looked down again.
"I ehm well...I just want to prove myself worthy of the trust I have been given as a Deacon."
He said and scratched his dark hair.
"I also ehm like helping you...and everyone off course. I am not much of a fighter really so supporting those who are become my job."
He said and smiled a little again and looked up.
"I ehm...there is no need to thank me but if you want to what about ehm taking me out for tea one time when this whole craziness have settled down...or coffee or ehm...but you don't have to I em...just do my part I mean."
He said suddenly a bit nervous and stumbling over his words.
"But thank you...for saying you appreciate it...that means allot you know."
He added with a winning smile.

Nicole:

A small frown, a hesitation... 'Fuck it. I can always argue I was just getting a better gun. And the parking lot is still technically part of the place. The others have wandered off, too.' half to herself, as though justifying it.

Devon looked at you and raised an eyebrow not quite understanding what you were saying.
"Ehm...yes I do think a parking space comes with the apartment indeed."
He agreed.
"I am afraid I fail to grasp your meaning now though."
He said in an apologetic tone of voice.

Serge:

"She probably has alternatives for those things. Maybe her tools are made out of different materials or she found another way to accomplish those things. And even if she can't find an alternative she can get one of her friends to help her. As for fae babies, I'm pretty sure their magically strong enough to resist diseases. And even if their not their's always magick to heal them." Serge suggested.

"You are probably right about those things Sir."
Jane said and nodded sagely.
"You have pans made of other materials and fae babies probably only get fae diseases and turn blue or something, and that would be quite cute."
The young mage mushed.

"Yeah that would be nice wouldn't it." Serge said secretly wishing that it was that easy.

"Yeah it would, then my friends would not have to fight and risk getting hurt."
Jane said and looked down.

Turning over to Jane and Liv speaking in Latin Serge listened for a bit and then said "Man I wish I could speak Latin. Magickal spells sound so much cooler when you say them in another language and latin is like the king of magickal sounding languages. Where'd you learn how to speak latin anyways?

Jane smiled up at you.
"There is a good reason to use a magickal sounding language as well Sir, it is a little as when putting up Christmas decorations giving you a Christmas feeling, speaking in a language you do not usually use makes it easier to get the feeling of magick which makes it easier to perform. For me allot of the chants and songs my Mentor have taught me are in Latin and she thought I should know what they mean and besides allot of those living at Sttelhaven speaks Latin so it was best that I learned it was well."
She said then she wrinkled her nose.
"I am not to good at it yet though Sir...there are beginners books about Latin in the library though if you want to learn."
She informed you.

"Everyone's all right. We fought back and won a pretty sound victory against them. Master Morgan freed Miss Larson from the slime things tentacles and then the Primus closed the portal. Afterwards the rest of the mages finished off the mother mass and the remaining oil-men. There were, like, more than 15 mages fighting against that thing, including many Masters. I doubt we were ever in a position to lose." Serge said informing the goth girl.

"Thank you Mr Yager, I am glad everyone is going to be allright...I do not like the Chantry having been attacked though."
The Hollower said seaming rather relieved.

"Now that is cool!" Serge said encouraging Cadence by praising her abilities.

The prisoner gave a bit of a smile.
"Than you Serge."
She said softly.

"You said you had control over the elements. I've always wondered what kinds of things you can do with magick like that. Can you like, light your fists on fire and start punching things with enhanced strength.

Cadence considered for a moment.
"Hum...combining my knowledge of living things and my body with elementalism yes I suppose I could do that, but it would be the very edge of what I can do. You really can do all sort of things with the elements really, it is hard to give a list, making it hotter or colder, knowing how hot something is, levetating things, anything really.

Or can you light your hair on fire....you know just for dramatic effect and not actually burn your hair off." Serge said wondering what kinds of things you could do with elemental magicks.

"If I really wanted to get spanked by Paradox I guess I could...or you know heat my coffee, I could use it for that as well."
Cadence said the talk about magick had cheered her up a bit and she smiled.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "I'm not asking you to abandon all caution... just that you not condemn the poor girl right away; give her a chance to prove herself?"

"That I can do Mr Wainwright...that I can do."
Hildegard said and smiled.

He nodded, "I had the opportunity of a time bubble wherein I could dose myself with the stuff and ride it out. It's a painful quantity for an adult with large muscles; far worse for a child not yet grown - the tissue damage at the injection site is bad enough, but the accompanying nausea is... well, suffice to say, I've made sure I know what I'm doing to others in administering the serum, if necessary - I've had to do so with a few captures in one Labyrinth, and there will be more captures in the next, I fear..."

"I see, it should only be used when there is no other options then...as for captives yes most likely there will be more, Horizon is going to be an unpleasant place for a while."

He nodded, "Neither do I... I think I'd actually feel safer bringing a pair of Marauders with me as bodyguards, to be honest. But I don't see that as being likely to happen..."

"Marauders oh my, you might be safer with them yes but no I do not think that is very likely to happen no."
Hildegard said sounding slightly amused though also still worried.

He grinned, "You and the whole of the Traditions... I'm publishing it for general distribution, once I've got the patent in place. It's too valuable for me to hoard; that little trick can protect countless Magi from Resonance problems with dirty Quintessence, and even serve as an equalizer for poorer Chantries with one or two heavily Resonated Nodes."

"Hum...you are doing a most kind thing Mr Wainwright such a rote could have made you quite wealthy if you shared it only with paying students."
Hildegard said and nodded approvingly a strange look in her eyes.
"My Mentor is a Node cleanser you know currently working on the villa Node, and often I have seen him sick with the heavily Resonated Quintessence he works with, if a rote like this can help him I would be forever thankful."
The Chorister said with allot of emotion in her words.

He nodded, voice soft and quiet, "I know... I know how it is, to be so suddenly blinded and deafened, so empty and senseless, even if only for an instant... I would not wish it on anyone, friend or foe... I wish I could help you, but I do not know how..."

Martha looked at you and sobbed.
"I...fell alone...there is nothing there...I am blind and deaf and lost I do not want to live like this...I want my magick back I..."
She sobbed and curled up more.

He nodded, "No... no-one should have to go through that. But a child who was tricked into the Caul least of all. Little Anthea will live, and in time, the Caul's work will be undone. She will grow up brave, strong and magnificent..."

"I...I do not think it is possible to return...but I am glad that child will be given a chance...no one deserves this."
She muttered and sobbed more.

He frowned, "I don't wish to kill you... I want you to see a measure of justice before the end. And once the ones to did this to you are dealt with, once those who pervert our laws for their own ends have received their just desserts... then, if you still wish your life to end, I will come to see you, bringing a loaded gun and a candle for your passing. But for now, you need to remain strong and focus on getting justice for the ones who Larson betrayed..."

"I...can't hold on...I..."
Martha shook her head and shivered.
"You do not understand how this feel, his voice is gone...gone and my only comfort is knowing my student is safe...but everything I am died on that parking lot and they left a husk behind to suffer."
She whispered.
"I only want my Avatar back...for this...this..."
She sobbed so much she was straggling for breath.
"You promise to...kill me when this is done? You promise?"
She asked you and rubbed as her swollen eyes with her good hand.

He nodded, "I... do have a few ideas, with your consent - I believe we have an artist who can induce strong emotion through his drawings; a bit of empathic or telepathic trickery, though I'm not sure how good he is with delicate work. If you wish, I might ask him to draw you a picture or two, see what he might accomplish? Does that sound acceptable?"

Martha nodded and looked at you.
"Anything...and it is not like anyone can harm me more."
She agreed softly.

He nodded to Jon, "I will. Hurry."

Jon nodded and ran towards Richard to get him.

He smiled to Micah, "I'm glad to see you've rallied after my... reckless Cabalmate's display. I would appreciate your help, thank you."

"I ehm...that display I..."
Micha begun then he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.
"Give her a task, it needs to be simple and it needs to be useful, she is not going to want to do it at start so push her kindly but set her to some task that helps."
The Mercere said.
"I...was given a fluid as well for when I need to feel...something and pain is one of the easiest things to feel, it is some sort of cleansed water but with the wrong PH value or something, I use it with tiny little syringes, they do no damage save cause rashes but it sting like hell, it is a way to be able to...feel something and not do much harm...I have some with me..."
He offered.
"Also there are far to much noise in her...groups of people gathering around her will be scary it scares...my student..."
He muttered sounding sluggish and tired but at least he was talking.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:35 am

"That I can do Mr Wainwright...that I can do."
Hildegard said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "Thank you, Ma'am."

"I see, it should only be used when there is no other options then...as for captives yes most likely there will be more, Horizon is going to be an unpleasant place for a while."
He nodded, frowning, "The Sentencing Hall is going to need a lot of cleansing..."

"Marauders oh my, you might be safer with them yes but no I do not think that is very likely to happen no."
Hildegard said sounding slightly amused though also still worried.
He grinned, "You know, I did suggest asking their aid in taking one of the Labyrinth's entrances - it could make for an utterly vicious assault, since the Scourge is so harsh on the Fallen... but I don't think that will happen, either."

"Hum...you are doing a most kind thing Mr Wainwright such a rote could have made you quite wealthy if you shared it only with paying students."
Hildegard said and nodded approvingly a strange look in her eyes.
"My Mentor is a Node cleanser you know currently working on the villa Node, and often I have seen him sick with the heavily Resonated Quintessence he works with, if a rote like this can help him I would be forever thankful."
The Chorister said with allot of emotion in her words.
He nodded, "Considering the value of that simple Rote, mere fiscal wealth becomes... dreadfully vulgar. I will develop other Rotes in time, ones I can morally justify charging for, but this one... I would liken it to Jonas Salk's polio vaccine, really; it will save too many lives to justify a price tag. The academic acknowledgment and the credit for philanthropy, though, I will take. That's likely to open more doors than mere wealth ever would, anyway."

Martha looked at you and sobbed.
"I...fell alone...there is nothing there...I am blind and deaf and lost I do not want to live like this...I want my magick back I..."
She sobbed and curled up more.
He frowned, "I understand, but you have people to live for, just a little longer... you're strong, an enemy worthy of respect, like Jodelle; she would not want to see you cast away your dignity and beg like this, would she?"

"I...I do not think it is possible to return...but I am glad that child will be given a chance...no one deserves this."
She muttered and sobbed more.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, it is possible... it's just not very easy, and our laws have not precisely been helpful to that end..."

"I...can't hold on...I..."
Martha shook her head and shivered.
"You do not understand how this feel, his voice is gone...gone and my only comfort is knowing my student is safe...but everything I am died on that parking lot and they left a husk behind to suffer."
She whispered.
"I only want my Avatar back...for this...this..."
She sobbed so much she was straggling for breath.
"You promise to...kill me when this is done? You promise?"
She asked you and rubbed as her swollen eyes with her good hand.
He nodded, "I understand, actually... in my previous life, I was... well, my Avatar is a shard cluster, and it remembers being torn apart... I remember a fleeting moment of utter loneliness before the darkness, and... it was terrible... I promise; you help us out with making sure the ones who did this to you are stopped, and I will make sure, as far as it is within my power, that you receive a quick death and a proper farewell afterwards."

Martha nodded and looked at you.
"Anything...and it is not like anyone can harm me more."
She agreed softly.
He nodded, "I will call him over once your hand is tended, then..."

"I ehm...that display I..."
Micha begun then he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.
"Give her a task, it needs to be simple and it needs to be useful, she is not going to want to do it at start so push her kindly but set her to some task that helps."
The Mercere said.
"I...was given a fluid as well for when I need to feel...something and pain is one of the easiest things to feel, it is some sort of cleansed water but with the wrong PH value or something, I use it with tiny little syringes, they do no damage save cause rashes but it sting like hell, it is a way to be able to...feel something and not do much harm...I have some with me..."
He offered.
"Also there are far to much noise in her...groups of people gathering around her will be scary it scares...my student..."
He muttered sounding sluggish and tired but at least he was talking.
He nodded, "I apologise for that, and my Cabalmate will as well, in a proper manner."
He pondered, "Some helpful task... Hum, that might be a bit tricky, under the circumstances... I will have to confer with the Chief about that. Clean water, though, would be quite unpleasant to have injected; water is neutral, blood is on the acidic side, it's an interesting idea..."
He glanced around, "And yes, the chatter is rather on the pressing side... Once the doctor swings by, I will ask if you all can be relocated to somewhere quieter."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 am

"You are probably right about those things Sir."
Jane said and nodded sagely.
"You have pans made of other materials and fae babies probably only get fae diseases and turn blue or something, and that would be quite cute."
The young mage mushed.

"Yeah that would look neat wouldn't they. I can't say I've ever met the fae. Wonder what their like? Do you think they have fairy wings like your tiger." Serge said curiously.

Jane smiled up at you.
"There is a good reason to use a magickal sounding language as well Sir, it is a little as when putting up Christmas decorations giving you a Christmas feeling, speaking in a language you do not usually use makes it easier to get the feeling of magick which makes it easier to perform. For me allot of the chants and songs my Mentor have taught me are in Latin and she thought I should know what they mean and besides allot of those living at Steelhaven speaks Latin so it was best that I learned it was well."

"Reminds me of when I was starting out. Instead of Latin, I used to use rhyming words for my spells. I always felt like one of those creepy witch's you would see in tv shows and movies. Saying phrases like 'Now let's see what we can find; Inside your fragile little mind.' Serge said, saying the rhyming couplet in a funny high-pitched voice and mimicking a stereotypical witch's hand gestures when she's casting a spell.

"After my mentor taught me some other ways to use my magick I stopped doing that. I still sometimes use language in my magick. Maybe I should use rhyming words again. Then again Latin sounds so much cooler." Serge wondered out loud.

She said then she wrinkled her nose.
"I am not to good at it yet though Sir...there are beginners books about Latin in the library though if you want to learn."
She informed you.

"Guess that's another thing I'll keep an eye out for tomorrow." Serge said adding more to his increasing list of things to study at the library.

"Thank you Mr Yager, I am glad everyone is going to be allright...I do not like the Chantry having been attacked though."
The Hollower said seaming rather relieved.

"As long as the Nephandi are around their's always a chance that we'll get attacked. Let's just be glad that this attack was a failure. This chantry has the strength to survive what the Nephandi throw at us and return it back ten-fold." Serge said with a smile.

Cadence considered for a moment.
"Hum...combining my knowledge of living things and my body with elementalism yes I suppose I could do that, but it would be the very edge of what I can do. You really can do all sort of things with the elements really, it is hard to give a list, making it hotter or colder, knowing how hot something is, levetating things, anything really.
"If I really wanted to get spanked by Paradox I guess I could...or you know heat my coffee, I could use it for that as well."
Cadence said the talk about magick had cheered her up a bit and she smiled.

"Right....paradox. The thing that stops us from doing anything cool." Serge said with an annoyed look on his face that resembled a child who couldn't get what he wanted.

"I normally don't have to contend with it but I'm still annoyed by it. Like, imagine how cool it would be if you could just light parts of yourself on fire without having to worry about what Mr. Paradox was thinking. You could've been, like, the female version of the human torch."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 am

"It is more that the Union are not allowed to believe in spirits so when encountering one they usually see them as an AI either intentional or created as an error." The Virtual Adept explained. "I now such constructs of mind are not spirits but they do not. It is the same if they encounter fay they will just classify them as mages as Orphans or if they look alien as some other Awakened since it is punishable by torture in effect to say you believe you met one of the fay."
"More Technocratic propaganda..."
"I ehm...do not think I could banish a powerful spirit alone if the one in the towers are of considerable strength I will ask for help."He agreed and then he scratched his head. "I em...did not mean it that way, your magick is beautiful and useful I ehm..."
"I didn't take any offense, I'm just saying that I think maybe you seem kind of hard on yourself sometimes. Beautiful?" he gave a smile at that.
"I am one of Dante's apprentices I am met with certain expectancies..." Narim said and looked down his voice getting softer.
"Most only see my talent with magick and expect...me to be perfect due to my Mentor. Your and your teacher and some of the few who seam to see me as well...but yeah I want to learn more about spirits, they are fascinating but I am happy to take my time."
"I get that there's pressure to achieve, not as much as you it but," he shrugged. "I started out a lot later than some, I feel like I'm always playing catching up."
"That would be wise vampires do not have our potential but they can be dreadfully quick and when scared or hungry they are unpredictable. I would bring someone who can work magick quickly and also make sure the guests are restrained, at least with sound chains, I mean them no harm but they need to be restrained at least until they have been fed."
"I'll do that then, I better check what happened after I left," he agreed, looking concerned now as if a worry were a tennis ball and it had been lobbed back into his court.
"...there is no need to thank me but if you want to what about ehm taking me out for tea one time when this whole craziness have settled down...or coffee or ehm...but you don't have to I em...just do my part I mean." He said suddenly a bit nervous and stumbling over his words. "But thank you...for saying you appreciate it...that means allot you know."
"That sounds very nice," he said, a bit surprised, then smiled. "Still though, one time doesn't seem sufficient. I can probably swing dinner too, but you'll have to let me know where the good vegetarian restaurants are around Back Bay," he offered. "If you'd want to, of course..." he added quickly, as he was walking to the door with Mundi to let them out and lock up behind them, as proper. "Have to make sure there's a Monday and everafter...and first on that list is find someone to help downstairs..." a look of worry flashed across his face again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Ma'am."

Hildegard just nodded at that though she still looked rather skeptical about the notion of taking in a little Nephanda.

He nodded, frowning, "The Sentencing Hall is going to need a lot of cleansing..."

"Yes it is."
The Chorister said darkly and Jason swallowed hard and turned rather pale thinking about it.

He grinned, "You know, I did suggest asking their aid in taking one of the Labyrinth's entrances - it could make for an utterly vicious assault, since the Scourge is so harsh on the Fallen... but I don't think that will happen, either."

"I do not think Master Morgan would wish to make such a reckless move no."
"The idea is not bad though if it is a Marauder who would not turn around and attack us as well, doing something like that is fighting dirty though, very dirty."

He nodded, "Considering the value of that simple Rote, mere fiscal wealth becomes... dreadfully vulgar. I will develop other Rotes in time, ones I can morally justify charging for, but this one... I would liken it to Jonas Salk's polio vaccine, really; it will save too many lives to justify a price tag. The academic acknowledgment and the credit for philanthropy, though, I will take. That's likely to open more doors than mere wealth ever would, anyway."

"It might indeed at that, open doors and if you excuse me for being blunt as an Orphan you might need that credit, our society is old and set in it's ways at times."
Hildegard said but then she gave you a rare, warm smile.
"I do thank you though if this rote really works it can save those like my Mentor."
She said and smile.
"Perhaps I will get to keep him for a while longer, J'Hor was starting to become a problem..."
Hildegard added sounding concerned.

He frowned, "I understand, but you have people to live for, just a little longer... you're strong, an enemy worthy of respect, like Jodelle; she would not want to see you cast away your dignity and beg like this, would she?"

Martha was quiet for a moment then she looked down.
"No she would not want that,then again Jodelle was always stronger than me."
She whispered.
"Have she been captured since you know her name Traditionalist?"

He smiled thinly, "Oh, it is possible... it's just not very easy, and our laws have not precisely been helpful to that end..."

"Those are disturbing news..."
The Broken Nephanda muttered.
"Then again destroying the world seams less...desirable now, perhaps it is because nothing seam desirable right now."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "I understand, actually... in my previous life, I was... well, my Avatar is a shard cluster, and it remembers being torn apart... I remember a fleeting moment of utter loneliness before the darkness, and... it was terrible... I promise; you help us out with making sure the ones who did this to you are stopped, and I will make sure, as far as it is within my power, that you receive a quick death and a proper farewell afterwards."

"A Shard cluster..."
Martha muttered and she glanced at you wide eyed.
"You remember...that is terrible...but if you remember that...I will believe you that you will not let me live like this...let me suffer like this."
She wept and her whole body shuddered.

He nodded, "I will call him over once your hand is tended, then..."

"T...thank you."
The broken Nephanda muttered between sobs.

He nodded, "I apologise for that, and my Cabalmate will as well, in a proper manner."

"I understand he wanted to help Miss Alexander but...seeing that I..."
Micah swallowed hard.
"I was not plesant Sir..."
He managed.

He pondered, "Some helpful task... Hum, that might be a bit tricky, under the circumstances... I will have to confer with the Chief about that.

"Very well Mr Wainwright like I said it is just a suggestion."
The Mercere said and looked down.
"Often it helps."

Clean water, though, would be quite unpleasant to have injected; water is neutral, blood is on the acidic side, it's an interesting idea..."

"It hurts enough to give a sharp reminder that you are alive but not so much that it is impossible to think or act and if it is done in relatively small doses it is not dangerous."
Micah said and nodded.
"I find when I get the need to...feel something I prefer running though if I can get someone to watch Susannah for a little while I just run until I am near collapsing, that helps...a little."

He glanced around, "And yes, the chatter is rather on the pressing side... Once the doctor swings by, I will ask if you all can be relocated to somewhere quieter."

"That would be appreciated Sir. I can take it but I worry about my student."
The Mercere said and nodded. You saw Jon returning with Richard the Akashic gave you a nod in greeting.
"So what seam to be the problem here?"
He asked.

(OOC: Sorry I am having a bit of a busy morning and I am going out with friends in a bit so I will post this now and make replies to the other players when I have the chance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next