Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 21 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am

Colin smiled wryly, "Alas, the only indications I have are of my absence - but nothing about the cause of it. For all I know, I Ascend, or become a Postulant, or perhaps take some completely different path to apotheosis. Or I could suffer a less benign fate. I really have no indication either way."

"That is not much to go on and off course I wish that you Ascend or become a Postulant Mr Wainwright and that there are not less plesant reasons why you where not with Miss Adlebloom when you spoke with her in your vision, however if there are such unpleasantness afoot they can be avoided the future is not set in stone."
George said and he gave you a reassuring smile.

He nodded, "She is quite pleasant; dignified and sincere. As it is, my standing with her is favourable. I would much prefer that not to change for the worse."

"She is a most plesant lady so yes showing care when it comes to her husband is probably for the best."
The Primus agreed.

He nodded, "Very well; eleven AM sharp."

Jeffry nodded in confirmation to that an made a note of it in his little leather bound book.

He nodded, "Precisely why I am not keen on long-term storage. Keeping it for the day, until the battle I know is coming is fine, but no longer. It's no bag of flour, indeed - more like a pack of cheap batteries; you never know if they will leak harmful substances or not, if left for too long..."

"You know...I actually got that reference...I have a flashlight for when I just can't be bothered to use a spell to create light and a radio I know batteries."
Jeffry said and he grinned a little.
"Perhaps there is hope for me in the modern world yet. As for the Tass yes it seams you get my point and we are in agreement Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head, "I have no reason to justify appealing your decision, or to try to weasel out of it. However, my friend might be a little limited in scope - he is a chronicler, not an artist. He preserves the stories of people in more lasting materials than paper or memory; he'd be useful for engraving rings, perhaps, if I wanted to send a very concise and accurate report of some event in a manner that was hard to detect for someone unaware of his talents."

"Good."
The old Flambeau said about the reprimand he had given you then he nodded.
"Ah I see well then his use for you in your craft might be somewhat limited indeed."

He nodded, "I will keep him fully informed and do my best to calm him in the process. I just hope we don't meet anyone who asks about the cuffs..."

"Hum...you are right the cuffs could be a problem if sleeper authorities seethe the last thing we need are a child abduction case on our hands, use them at your discretion and if needed. But make sure he gets no chance to run, also for his own safety, if he runs I can no longer protect him. Hum...come to think about it while you are first there at the hospital having Dr Lee draw a tube of his blood to be stored for an arcane connection to find him if there is trouble might be wise."
The old Flambeau said then he nodded.
"Thank you I trust you will treat the boy kindly Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head, "I don't think she will hit me more than once, tops - not something that would qualify as a fight."

"Very well then I will allow it."

He nodded, "Gentlemen. I hope the overall damage was slight. I believe Adley's little spiders... gafflings, wasn't it? I trust they're able to do a fair bit in mending the cracks."

"The damage was slight indeed other than the hole my Cabalmate here made in one of the inner walls."
George said and nodded towards Jeffry who smiled innocently.
"I needed a door."
He said simply then he continued.
"As for the spiderlings yes they are gafflings the weakest form of Umbrood and they are rather useful but are currently working on our wards so we are taking care of our walls ourselves."
He explained.

He sighed softly and nodded to Darrian and Serge, and headed over to the vampires' room, "Ah, is Mrs. Knox still here?"

Adjan raised an hand to have you lower your voice and be careful.
"Mrs Knox is in there with your Cabalmate but she is trying to calm the guests as they had to be staked and I do think they are rather fragile right now."
The Euthanathos warned.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Avoiding a raging Fallen archmage of Spirit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 21 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

"I will ask my Mentor's son if he can watch the twins for a while, most of the injured at Morningstar where healed and I might be able to stay a little longer, with the permission of your Deacons off course and help keep these two company for a while, I agree strangers would probably scare them even more, and I know enough telepathy to communicate with them in this state with relative ease, however there is also as you know a man at Morningstar in similar situation as these two and he will also need some support, though hopefully he is sleeping at the moment. I can not stay to long though so if Karl and Mr Lenoe are going to be kept staked for some time you will have to pick a few individuals who's responsibility it will be to visit them and care for them, pick someone kind that can take good care of them and keep them calm."

"Just be careful about using your phones for now, we're suspecting they could be tampered with by the enemy, I would avoid it until that's taken care of, which hopefully will happen soon. No...I haven't forgotten..." He looked sad for a moment and then tipped his head. "There will be...resolution in time, but first we need to make sure we have that time. Until then I will try to see what can be done and let them know your offer," he agreed

"Ah yes here we go." Kristina said and soon sot 1930's music could be heard from the radio, you could see that Mr Lenoe relaxed if just a little and his eyes looked less wild and scared as he listened to the music.

He took out the writing frame, scraping the wax down to scratch in a few lines as he talked, "That sounds like the one, yes..."

"I will stay here Mr Lenoe and I promise I am not going to hurt you...your collage here have also heard me say that now, so he can drag me before a court of law in our society if I where to break my word, we have laws against oathbreaking with fairly stern punishments on the books so rest assured I will not go back on my word, I am not going to hurt you, I will watch over you and if there is anything I can do to make this easier on you I will try to do so." The Verbena said softly. Lenoe did not seam to know what to believe and he looked at you pleadingly.

"I can't stay here to watch over you personally, I'm sorry," he said, with a frown. "After all, I can't ask after your friend from here, can I? Listen to the music, and please try to calm down as much as you are able...she is going to stay a while so you aren't left alone," he said, trying to reassure him. With a sigh, he  took a few steps back, watching to see if he began to panic outright or not before evacuating the room. His expression changed quickly to one of suspicion and displeasure as he exited. He showed Adjan the frame of hastily written words first, since he was closer to the door: 'Someone cast an ars mens spell on that room.' Then he remembered it was Darrian that had made them the mind protection potion for them, that had no doubt saved them a lot of trouble earlier and looked to see if he was around.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 am

"Just be careful about using your phones for now, we're suspecting they could be tampered with by the enemy, I would avoid it until that's taken care of, which hopefully will happen soon.

"Very well thank you or your warning Mr Roth Hicks I will step outside the wards when I get a chance then and ask a spirit to bring a message to my Mentor."
Kristina said and nodded.

No...I haven't forgotten..." He looked sad for a moment and then tipped his head. "There will be...resolution in time, but first we need to make sure we have that time. Until then I will try to see what can be done and let them know your offer," he agreed

"Agreed, for now I will try to calm Mr Lenoe down and get him to sleep and we can talk with them come evening when they will be in a better state of mind."
The Verbena agreed but she still looked rather concerned.

He took out the writing frame, scraping the wax down to scratch in a few lines as he talked, "That sounds like the one, yes..."

Kristina nodded at that and smiled.

"I can't stay here to watch over you personally, I'm sorry," he said, with a frown. "After all, I can't ask after your friend from here, can I? Listen to the music, and please try to calm down as much as you are able...she is going to stay a while so you aren't left alone," he said, trying to reassure him.

The mention of Tobias seamed to have a calming effect on Lenoe but he still looked terrified, he whimpered softly rather horrified about being left alone this helpless.
"I will try to calm him."
Kristina promised.

With a sigh, he took a few steps back, watching to see if he began to panic outright or not before evacuating the room.

The vampire did not completely panic but he was not far from it and the gurgeling whimpering sounds increased in intensity as you begun to leave.

His expression changed quickly to one of suspicion and displeasure as he exited. He showed Adjan the frame of hastily written words first, since he was closer to the door: 'Someone cast an ars mens spell on that room.' Then he remembered it was Darrian that had made them the mind protection potion for them, that had no doubt saved them a lot of trouble earlier and looked to see if he was around.

Adjan gave an oops look and spread his hands apologetically.
"Yeah ehm...sorry about that there is no danger it was Mr Yager. Kyle was getting scared over the sounds the vampires was making and Mr Yager asked if he could scry into the room just to see that they where alive and fine since he had promised Kyle to check on them and I let him rather than let him into the room to startle them. It was just a picture he drew of a scene he could not physically see so I allowed it. I am sorry Adley."
He said and scratched his head.
"I did not mean to cause alarm. He still have the drawing if you want to check that the spell did not intrude on your privacy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am

Adjan gave an oops look and spread his hands apologetically. "Yeah ehm...sorry about that there is no danger it was Mr Yager..."I did not mean to cause alarm. He still have the drawing if you want to check that the spell did not intrude on your privacy."

He frowned, the suspicion of a security breach washing off to be replaced with a spike in his temper. He wrote: 'Why wasn't your word sufficient? There was no need for him to take further action or to physically see that. None. It is not just a picture, it is being scryed on without the consent of those involved and it is not just my privacy affected. Let me make it clear: I would not have given him permission. I do not want that picture lingering around either!'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 am

"I think it had to do with the wording of the promise he gave to Kyle, he said he would see how the vampires was doing, the way I understood it he did not feel he had fulfilled his promise if he did not actually see the guests and how they where doing."
Adjan said then he sigh.
"I am sorry Adley I should have told him no I did not think it over well enough and I do apologize for that. I am sure Mr Yager will be willing to give up the picture so it can be destroyed though, but please do not be to angry with him it was my fault really."
The Euthanathos said apologetically.
"He is with your brother at the moment if you wish to speak with him."
He said and nodded towards Kyle's makeshift cell.

You saw Colin had come down as well and was asking about Kristina.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 am

'I am not angry with him. He asked your permission and you gave it. But he should be careful. Some things are not good to see if there is no need ' He seemed about to write more, perhaps launch an entire rant, possibly in Greek, when he stopped and looked at Colin as if first realising he was standing there, for how suddenly irate he'd gotten. He gave his friend a nod, then another to Adjan, scrawling out: 'She is seeing to the guests; it did not go easily and they require someone knowledgeable and familiar. Who shall stand guard down here with the others - not everyone needs to stay here. He showed the frame to Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am

"I know it was my fault, a lapse of judgment and I take full responsibility."
Adjan said and sigh.
"I also agree that some things are not good to see if it can be avoided and especially not for someone that young."
He commented and spread his hands in an apologetic gesture.

"Ehm...I am staying Adjan had some tasks he needed to see to."
Francesca said she had stayed out of what you had written to the other Euthanathos. Adjan nodded.
"Yes I will be going, and again I am sorry Adley it was a lapse of judgment. I will see you later."
He said and nodded to Colin before he headed towards the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 am

"Ehm...I am staying Adjan had some tasks he needed to see to." Francesca said she had stayed out of what you had written to the other Euthanathos.

Adjan nodded. "Yes I will be going, and again I am sorry Adley it was a lapse of judgment. I will see you later."

He looked between the pair of Euthanatos and sighed, his anger collapsing back in on itself. "Hang on..." he said, trying to hurry after Adjan which was not really possible. "Please."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am

Adjan stopped in his tracks and half turned he gave a worried frown when he saw how much your injury where slowing you down.
"Yes...did you need something of me my friend?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

"That is not much to go on and off course I wish that you Ascend or become a Postulant Mr Wainwright and that there are not less plesant reasons why you where not with Miss Adlebloom when you spoke with her in your vision, however if there are such unpleasantness afoot they can be avoided the future is not set in stone."
George said and he gave you a reassuring smile.
Colin nodded, "I will have to be cautious, obviously."

"You know...I actually got that reference...I have a flashlight for when I just can't be bothered to use a spell to create light and a radio I know batteries."
Jeffry said and he grinned a little.
"Perhaps there is hope for me in the modern world yet. As for the Tass yes it seams you get my point and we are in agreement Mr Wainwright."
He smiled thinly, "Well, considering batteries have been around for over 200 years in one form or another, I'd be rather surprised if you weren't familiar with them. And most cheap makes can leave some very unfortunate residue in the electronics they power. I had a cheap portable radio once, with cheap batteries. The leak was... well, suffice to say, one day the radio could no longer get power from the batteries, because the contacts were ruined."

"Good."
The old Flambeau said about the reprimand he had given you then he nodded.
"Ah I see well then his use for you in your craft might be somewhat limited indeed."
He nodded, "He could be highly useful for questioning prisoners, though, if asked politely."

"Hum...you are right the cuffs could be a problem if sleeper authorities seethe the last thing we need are a child abduction case on our hands, use them at your discretion and if needed. But make sure he gets no chance to run, also for his own safety, if he runs I can no longer protect him. Hum...come to think about it while you are first there at the hospital having Dr Lee draw a tube of his blood to be stored for an arcane connection to find him if there is trouble might be wise."
The old Flambeau said then he nodded.
"Thank you I trust you will treat the boy kindly Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, then paused briefly, "You might want to postpone such a blood drawing until tomorrow, after the serum residue has been flushed out of his bloodstream. Also, I happen to have a blood sample of Anna, retrieved from the Labyrinth. I expect you will want that for safekeeping?"

"The damage was slight indeed other than the hole my Cabalmate here made in one of the inner walls."
George said and nodded towards Jeffry who smiled innocently.
"I needed a door."
He said simply then he continued.
"As for the spiderlings yes they are gafflings the weakest form of Umbrood and they are rather useful but are currently working on our wards so we are taking care of our walls ourselves."
He explained.
He nodded sagely, "Ah, the famous Flambeau approach to interior decorating. Well, it seemed necessary and prudent at the time, so it could hardly be considered excessive."

Adjan raised an hand to have you lower your voice and be careful.
"Mrs Knox is in there with your Cabalmate but she is trying to calm the guests as they had to be staked and I do think they are rather fragile right now."
The Euthanathos warned.
He nodded, "Thank you. I will be discrete."

He gave his friend a nod, then another to Adjan, scrawling out: 'She is seeing to the guests; it did not go easily and they require someone knowledgeable and familiar. Who shall stand guard down here with the others - not everyone needs to stay here. He showed the frame to Colin.
He looked at the wax tablet, then nodded, "Very good. I will be bringing Kyle along to the hospital for a minor check-up in a few moments. I need a word with Mrs. Knox first, though... might I borrow your tablet for a minute or two?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Colin nodded, "I will have to be cautious, obviously."

"Yes you are I am sure that Miss Adlebloom would prefer to have you at her side for as long as possible."
George said and smiled.

He smiled thinly, "Well, considering batteries have been around for over 200 years in one form or another, I'd be rather surprised if you weren't familiar with them. And most cheap makes can leave some very unfortunate residue in the electronics they power. I had a cheap portable radio once, with cheap batteries. The leak was... well, suffice to say, one day the radio could no longer get power from the batteries, because the contacts were ruined."

"Hum...well I have not had any problems with my radio so far but I guess it will fail eventually. Other than that yes batteries have been around for quite some time, longer than two centuries in our society. I remember my mother using one to silver plate some of her works in her workshop when I was a child."
Jeffry said ans smiled a bit at the memory of his mother.

He nodded, "He could be highly useful for questioning prisoners, though, if asked politely."

"Yes I imagine he can in more than one way."
The old Flambeau said and nodded grimly.

He nodded, then paused briefly, "You might want to postpone such a blood drawing until tomorrow, after the serum residue has been flushed out of his bloodstream. Also, I happen to have a blood sample of Anna, retrieved from the Labyrinth. I expect you will want that for safekeeping?"

"Good if you are sure the blood is Anna's then we will not need another sample and yes I would like to keep it in the safe, just in case it is needed. Now as for Kyle the serum do not stop blood from working as a arcane connections and are it not safer to do it at the hospital then at some dinner table here at the Chantry tomorrow, I am thinking about infections and the like here, when I was a boy any puncture of the skin was a serious matter, yes we have magickal healing but we might as well be careful."
Jeffry mushed.

He nodded sagely, "Ah, the famous Flambeau approach to interior decorating. Well, it seemed necessary and prudent at the time, so it could hardly be considered excessive."

"Hardly excessive it was what turned the battle around, but we still need to repair the wall, and yes House Flambeau have always been...practical in their approaches."
George said and Jeffry gave a wry smile.

He nodded, "Thank you. I will be discrete."

"Thank you, we do not want to scare our guests more than necessary."
Adjan said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

"That sounds like a cool scrying spell to be able to draw a picture of something at another location, that is some X-Files, FBI, spy stuff right there."
Kyle said and nodded approvingly.
"So how where the vampires doing?"
He asked as he remembered the grim reason why he had asked you for this favor.

"It's a lot more fun when I get to actually send my mind to places. I can show you what its like someday." Serge said with a smile.

Kyle took the drawing and frowned.
"I guess it makes sense getting stabbed is painful enough and that is metal and sharp a stake would need to break bones and such, and I guess it is like my Dad says that most supernatural creatures have weaknesses and those weaknesses tend to hurt badly, it is as if reality want to give those who are more powerful a kick in the groin saying sure you can have power but here is the price asshole. Paradox for example if you get allot of it at once and it sort of slams into you, or that is what it feels like to me, that can really hurt, and the backlashes can really suck."
He muttered as he looked at the picture before handing it back to you.
"I mean it is the same in fiction right Kryptonite do not only weaken and kill Superman it hurts him as well, he is not happy if he is shot with a Kryptonite bullet, he is not happy at all."

"Kryptonite, fire, paradox. Yeah weaknesses come in all shapes and colors. It is one of the many aspects of power." Serge said confirming what Kyle said. He took back the picture and folded it into his pockets.

Kyle nodded.
"Yeah it looked like my brother, I wonder how he knows that vampire, then again he had spoken with my friend who is a ghost so he might know all sorts of supernatural creatures."
He said sounding impressed.
"I am glad the vampires are getting help when something really hurts having someone there can help."
He muttered sadly.
"My Dad do not like vampires much, but they do not deserve to suffer alone, no one dos."

"Honestly your brother looks like he knows everyone. And you still need to tell me about that ghost friend of yours, but maybe we'll save that for another day." Serge said remembering that particular aspect of Kyle's story.

"Just remember that those vampires are in the presence of friends and their being comforted every step of the way. We are not prolonging their suffering any more that we have to. Anyways I should probably head back to Master Morgan. Probably shouldn't keep him waiting." Serge said remembering the Master's very thorough orders.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 pm

"Yes you are I am sure that Miss Adlebloom would prefer to have you at her side for as long as possible."
George said and smiled.
Colin smiled warmly, "As would I."

"Hum...well I have not had any problems with my radio so far but I guess it will fail eventually. Other than that yes batteries have been around for quite some time, longer than two centuries in our society. I remember my mother using one to silver plate some of her works in her workshop when I was a child."
Jeffry said ans smiled a bit at the memory of his mother.
He nodded, then smiled thinly, "You know, I think I can spare a pinch of the sand if you would like to reminisce further after the battle. I've got enough to analyze and work with in any case..."

"Yes I imagine he can in more than one way."
The old Flambeau said and nodded grimly.
He shook his head, "Not if I can help it... He despaired badly when he was forced to hurt people; I should rather he not be... reminded of what he was then."

"Good if you are sure the blood is Anna's then we will not need another sample and yes I would like to keep it in the safe, just in case it is needed. Now as for Kyle the serum do not stop blood from working as a arcane connections and are it not safer to do it at the hospital then at some dinner table here at the Chantry tomorrow, I am thinking about infections and the like here, when I was a boy any puncture of the skin was a serious matter, yes we have magickal healing but we might as well be careful."
Jeffry mushed.
He nodded, "It was lifted from the Security Chief's personal safe, along with samples from all the other residents. There is no reason to think she had added deceptive encryption to the labels, what with the safe being rather explosively warded. But yes, I will compare the sample to the girl, just to make sure."
He frowned, "Today, a small puncture is generally not an issue anymore, but if a few potential Primium particles won't pose a problem, I'll ask Dr. Lee to take care of it."

"Thank you, we do not want to scare our guests more than necessary."
Adjan said.
He nodded, "No, we don't. Not after what they just went through."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Serge:

"It's a lot more fun when I get to actually send my mind to places. I can show you what its like someday." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah I would like that Serge that sounds so cool."
Kyle said and nodded eagerly.

"Kryptonite, fire, paradox. Yeah weaknesses come in all shapes and colors. It is one of the many aspects of power." Serge said confirming what Kyle said. He took back the picture and folded it into his pockets.

"I guess it is a price to pay and yeah we are all paying something for our power."
The young mage said and he smiled a little sadly.
"It is not nice to think about those vampire suffering though you know that feels wrong they have not done anything, they just are what they are." He protested.

"Honestly your brother looks like he knows everyone. And you still need to tell me about that ghost friend of yours, but maybe we'll save that for another day." Serge said remembering that particular aspect of Kyle's story.

"Yeah he knows allot of people and he seams to be really good at everything he is doing."
Kyle said sounding like he admired the other mage.
"I have never had a brother before that is kind of cool."
He added then he blushed.
"I...I can tell you about my ghost friend...she is wonderful...but yeah...ehm yeah it might be better to wait with that for later."
He said, he was now bright red and he looked down to hide his embarrassment.

"Just remember that those vampires are in the presence of friends and their being comforted every step of the way. We are not prolonging their suffering any more that we have to.

"That is good to know but I still feel bad for them you know."
Kyle muttered.
"Do you think they will be okey?"

Anyways I should probably head back to Master Morgan. Probably shouldn't keep him waiting." Serge said remembering the Master's very thorough orders.

"No you probably should not keep him waiting...ok see you later then."
The young mage said an smiled.
"Thank you for checking on the vampires for me Serge."

Colin:

Colin smiled warmly, "As would I."

George smiled at that as he left the room and he muttered something to himself about young love.

He nodded, then smiled thinly, "You know, I think I can spare a pinch of the sand if you would like to reminisce further after the battle. I've got enough to analyze and work with in any case..."

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he tapped the side of her head.
"That is very kind of you Mr Wainwright but I have to decline, I have my memories of my childhood and they are good ones, I do not need to have them magickally enchanted however tempting that might be."
He said and shook his head.

He shook his head, "Not if I can help it... He despaired badly when he was forced to hurt people; I should rather he not be... reminded of what he was then."

"Fair enough, I guess we will restrict it to him chronicling the stories of prisoners on the walls then, we might learn something useful from that."
The Security Chief said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "It was lifted from the Security Chief's personal safe, along with samples from all the other residents. There is no reason to think she had added deceptive encryption to the labels, what with the safe being rather explosively warded. But yes, I will compare the sample to the girl, just to make sure."

"Good you should be able to make sure the blood in the vial matching that of the young girl through a simple spell that should not be invasive in any way, and I appreciate you doing that just to be sure, better safe than sorry after all."
The old Flambeau said.

He frowned, "Today, a small puncture is generally not an issue anymore, but if a few potential Primium particles won't pose a problem, I'll ask Dr. Lee to take care of it."

"I will examine the sample to make sure it works as an arcane connection but I do not think the serum should be an issue for that."

He nodded, "No, we don't. Not after what they just went through."

Adjan nodded grimly at that then he moved out of the way so you could get into the room and see Kristina, you saw her sitting by Mr Lenoe's bedside trying to calm the terrified vampire down enough to fall back asleep.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm

He looked at the wax tablet, then nodded, "Very good. I will be bringing Kyle along to the hospital for a minor check-up in a few moments. I need a word with Mrs. Knox first, though... might I borrow your tablet for a minute or two?"

"What? No...that's..." He sighed and wrote out. 'Now is not the best time, with them trying to get him. He is safe here. Is he ok? He handed off the tablet.

Adjan nodded grimly at that then he moved out of the way so you could get into the room and see Kristina, you saw her sitting by Mr Lenoe's bedside trying to calm the terrified vampire down enough to fall back asleep.

He frowned as Colin stepped into the room with his tablet and then glanced towards Fran. Towards Nicole, he nodded. "Thank you" Then, "please everyone take care with your phone conversations, there's reason to think they're compromised," and then huffed after Adjan.

"Yes...did you need something of me my friend?" He asked.

He hurried to catch up, looking pale and walked a bit further with him towards the stairs. "I'm sorry too, I lost my temper. No harm has come, we'll take care of it. But are you ok?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:29 pm

A roll of the eyes when the music started; clearly Nicole didn't see the point.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to the man as he passed. 'Any updates from upstairs we need to know about?' she asked curiously. A little glad for the distraction.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 pm

He frowned as Colin stepped into the room with his tablet and then glanced towards Fran. Towards Nicole, he nodded. "Thank you" Then, "please everyone take care with your phone conversations, there's reason to think they're compromised," and then huffed after Adjan.

"Very well I will be careful with what I say over the phone until that matter ave been sorted out."
Fran promised. Adjan nodded.
"Well I should get upstairs and see if anyone need any help."
He said and offered a small smile.

He hurried to catch up, looking pale and walked a bit further with him towards the stairs. "I'm sorry too, I lost my temper. No harm has come, we'll take care of it. But are you ok?"

"Don't worry about it my friend and I am ok, it is you I am worried about, forgive me for saying so but you really don't look well."
The Euthanatos said and he looked really concerned.
"Is there anything I can do to help you?"
He asked.

A roll of the eyes when the music started; clearly Nicole didn't see the point.

"And that attitude right there is why we have to worry about being sent to MECHA or tortured if the Union captures us, I for one think we should try to be better."
Francesca said as she frowned over Nicole's eye roll.

Nicole gave a nod to the man as he passed. 'Any updates from upstairs we need to know about?' she asked curiously. A little glad for the distraction.

"Things are calming down, no further hostiles have been found and everyone is returning to their tasks and their rooms."
Adjan said.
"I think there where plans to re cast our wards."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 pm

"That is good to know but I still feel bad for them you know."
Kyle muttered.
"Do you think they will be okey?"

"I feel bad for them too but I'm sure they'll be fine. I doubt your brother would do anything to purposefully harm them." Serge said reassuring the young widderslainte.

"Yeah he knows allot of people and he seams to be really good at everything he is doing."
Kyle said sounding like he admired the other mage.
"I have never had a brother before that is kind of cool."

"I got an uncle today as well. And he has a apprentice. I wonder if she has to call my mentor aunt? Does that make us cousins?" Serge wondered humorously.

He added then he blushed.
"I...I can tell you about my ghost friend...she is wonderful...but yeah...ehm yeah it might be better to wait with that for later."
He said, he was now bright red and he looked down to hide his embarrassment.

Serge noticed the blushing but didn't comment, not wanting to cause the widderslainte and more discomfort than he was already feeling.

"No you probably should not keep him waiting...ok see you later then."
The young mage said an smiled.
"Thank you for checking on the vampires for me Serge."

"No problem. Hope to see you again soon." Serge said with a wave of farewell as he hurried back to where Master Morgan was, not wanting to keep him waiting. He didn't even notice the new arrivals to the room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 pm

"Don't worry about it my friend and I am ok, it is you I am worried about, forgive me for saying so but you really don't look well."
The Euthanatos said and he looked really concerned. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"I'll be ok, just need some time. For now, just some company up the stairs will do...but later. Yes, there's...there will be a few things I would like to get your perspective on and assistance with, I can't...discuss them now. Anything I can help you with?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he tapped the side of her head.
"That is very kind of you Mr Wainwright but I have to decline, I have my memories of my childhood and they are good ones, I do not need to have them magickally enchanted however tempting that might be."
He said and shook his head.
Colin nodded, "A wise choice, most likely... it might prove a most pleasant distraction."

"Fair enough, I guess we will restrict it to him chronicling the stories of prisoners on the walls then, we might learn something useful from that."
The Security Chief said and nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "Thank you, Sir."

"Good you should be able to make sure the blood in the vial matching that of the young girl through a simple spell that should not be invasive in any way, and I appreciate you doing that just to be sure, better safe than sorry after all."
The old Flambeau said.
He nodded, "Spotting the link should be a simple enough matter - there were a few other items I called dibs on, though; including a quantity of the Serum, though this was before I knew precisely what it was - not a botched Lichdom potion, but a derivative, it seems. There is also a rather horrid whip I would like to examine, and some ridiculously cruel restraints, though I don't think they'll ever see use again."

"I will examine the sample to make sure it works as an arcane connection but I do not think the serum should be an issue for that."
He nodded shortly, "Very good. I'll make sure you get it, clearly labeled."

"What? No...that's..." He sighed and wrote out. 'Now is not the best time, with them trying to get him. He is safe here. Is he ok? He handed off the tablet.
He smiled wryly, "Dr. Lee will be there, as will Freddy and myself - he'll be safe in the hospital for a few minutes; no-one will dream of looking there right now, I think."
He quickly scrawled down on the tablet, 'Brainscans for 3, and your Mentor wants a blood sample from Kyle for security; on the off chance of a successful abduction, such a link would be a good precaution, as well.'

He nodded simply, "The Deacon Primus will be working to repair an interior wall, the Security Chief will be organizing the measured response to the Fallen and placing a few requests for practical assistance, and everyone remains instructed to not use their phones while our Deacon does his seek and destroy work on the interference."

He sighed softly and steeled himself before taking a gentle step inside, "I am dreadfully sorry, gentlemen, but I could not convince the Chief to let you remain unstaked until nightfall. Please, forgive me."
At the same time, he scraped out a quick message to Kristina on the wax tablet, and held it up so she alone could see, 'I am sorry. In preparation for stopping a detached, lethal Avatar, I prepared to destroy it in the most horrible way, with the unwitting aid of miss Jarden. I need your help to plead her forgiveness for this - I'm afraid she will learn of it one way or another, however much I want the plan to never be looked at again.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Serge:

"I feel bad for them too but I'm sure they'll be fine. I doubt your brother would do anything to purposefully harm them." Serge said reassuring the young widderslainte.

"I guess you are right, I just hate this where we have to hurt one another just because we are afraid of one another."
Kyle said and frowned.

"I got an uncle today as well. And he has a apprentice. I wonder if she has to call my mentor aunt? Does that make us cousins?" Serge wondered humorously.

"Yes actually well in the term of magickal lineages at least, Hermetics for example call their Mentors Mater or Pater, and consider their teachers to be their parents or so my Dad says and I suspect other magi feel it in a similar way."
The young mage commented.

"No problem. Hope to see you again soon." Serge said with a wave of farewell as he hurried back to where Master Morgan was, not wanting to keep him waiting. He didn't even notice the new arrivals to the room.

Kyle waved at you when you left. You got back to the first floor and nocked on Jeffry's door, the old Hermetic soon opened the door and indicated that you could come in.
"So did my student confirm the drawings Miss Cunningham directed to you make Mr Yager?"
He asked.

Adley:

"I'll be ok, just need some time. For now, just some company up the stairs will do...but later. Yes, there's...there will be a few things I would like to get your perspective on and assistance with, I can't...discuss them now. Anything I can help you with?" he asked.

"I will be glad to do that my friend."
Adjan said as he walked with you up the stairs.
"Well I will listen when you feel it is the right place and time to discuss the things you have on your mind."
He agreed then he smiled.
"Thank you but no...for now I just need to make sure I am not needed anywhere and if I am not I might take a few moments in the Chapel to meditate to try to ground myself with all that have been happening you know."
He said then he frowned and looked at you.
"Are you sure you will be alright Adley?"
He asked again.
"Damn it this week have not been easy on any of us now have it?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "A wise choice, most likely... it might prove a most pleasant distraction."

"I find that plesant distractions should be a rare indulgence taken with care."
Jeffry said.
"And besides I think I prefer my memories as they are, but thank you for offering non the less Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Thank you, Sir."

"I have no interest in abusing your new friend Mr Wainwright."
The old Flambeau said firmly.

He nodded, "Spotting the link should be a simple enough matter - there were a few other items I called dibs on, though; including a quantity of the Serum, though this was before I knew precisely what it was - not a botched Lichdom potion, but a derivative, it seems.

"I see I do wonder how the Union got their hands on such a thing."
The Security Chief commented.

There is also a rather horrid whip I would like to examine, and some ridiculously cruel restraints, though I don't think they'll ever see use again."

"Very well I will allow it but if these talismans have stores of corrupted Quintessence in it then you will have to keep them off the premises when not working on them."
He said firmly.

He nodded shortly, "Very good. I'll make sure you get it, clearly labeled."

"Good thank you Mr Wainwright it will be useful to have a link to Kyle in case something happens."

He sighed softly and steeled himself before taking a gentle step inside, "I am dreadfully sorry, gentlemen, but I could not convince the Chief to let you remain unstaked until nightfall. Please, forgive me."

Karl lay on his back stake his eyes had rolled back so you only saw their whites and he might be sleeping. Mr Lenoe was in the same condition but he was awake and he was making these terrible gurgling noises, blood tears had rolled down his cheeks and he was looking around with panicked eyes while Kristina was trying to calm him down, for one moment his eyes focused on you nervously.

At the same time, he scraped out a quick message to Kristina on the wax tablet, and held it up so she alone could see, 'I am sorry. In preparation for stopping a detached, lethal Avatar, I prepared to destroy it in the most horrible way, with the unwitting aid of miss Jarden. I need your help to plead her forgiveness for this - I'm afraid she will learn of it one way or another, however much I want the plan to never be looked at again.

Kristina's eyes widened and they flashed with anger however she controlled it and said in an even tone of voice.
"I can not talk about this now this man needs my care, hopefully I can get him back to sleep give me an hour or so and then I might be able to have a talk."
The Verbena's voice was carefully measured not to scare Dennis as she gave you a level look she was not best pleased, not best pleased at all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Anja's Post:

A small, curious look was Nicole's reply, ending with a shrug. In her book, human rights were for human beings, not human-shaped predators who wished to eat you.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this. 'There's not going to be a briefing on what happened, then?'

Colin's Post:

Another nod to this information.

[I can't remember; has Nicole been assigned to a cabal yet?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 pm

"I guess you are right, I just hate this where we have to hurt one another just because we are afraid of one another."
Kyle said and frowned.

"Fear is a powerful thing....but let's hope that in the future that will change. Honestly it would be awesome if we lived in a world where sleepers, vampires, werewolves, ghosts mages, all got along all got along together. It might be wishful thinking but its fun to imagine what such a world like that
would look like."
Serge said with a smile thinking of what such a world would look like.

"We're young so who knows....we might live to see such a day. Hell you might even be the one to start that little revolution. A world where our decisions aren't ruled by fear or prejudice." Serge said with a smile.

"Yes actually well in the term of magickal lineages at least, Hermetics for example call their Mentors Mater or Pater, and consider their teachers to be their parents or so my Dad says and I suspect other magi feel it in a similar way."
The young mage commented.

"Huh....I noticed that." Serge said remembering Adley's conversation with his mentor. "Guess we are sort of like family." Serge said glancing at his ring and wondering what his mentor and actual parents were doing.  

Kyle waved at you when you left. You got back to the first floor and nocked on Jeffry's door, the old Hermetic soon opened the door and indicated that you could come in.
"So did my student confirm the drawings Miss Cunningham directed to you make Mr Yager?"
He asked.

"Yes sir. He confirmed all three drawings and said that he had seen everyone of those people within the labyrinth." Serge said.

Pulling out the first picture, Serge began to explain his findings. "He identified the Asian Scar Lady as Master Mysaki and confirmed her to be Larson's security chief as well as the type of person who would not mind ripping you apart limb from limb."

Pulling out the second drawing, Serge continued, "Kyle confirmed this man to be Larson's second in command. His full name is Wallace Jace, Kyle mentioned that he wasn't the worst person in the labyrinth but considering who he was surrounded by that isn't really much of a statement."

Pulling out the final picture Serge continued with his analysis. "Kyle didn't know anything about this third person but confirmed that he had seen her within the labyrinth."

"Also might I add that Kyle seemed really happy that you placed your trust in him. He seems to look up to you and Mr. Roth Hicks." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:51 pm

He smiled wryly, "Dr. Lee will be there, as will Freddy and myself - he'll be safe in the hospital for a few minutes; no-one will dream of looking there right now, I think." He quickly scrawled down on the tablet, 'Brainscans for 3, and your Mentor wants a blood sample from Kyle for security; on the off chance of a successful abduction, such a link would be a good precaution, as well.'

He read over the note and frowned. He looked up at him and then away, shaking his head in disagreement. He took the frame back, scraped off the messages there and just put, 'Be careful.' Then as Colin proceeded to take the tablet with him into the room, he seemed confused and surprised - he'd thought he was getting it back and didn't realise his friend intended to go into the room to talk to the Verbena. He sighed, shook his head exasperated.

"Thank you but no...for now I just need to make sure I am not needed anywhere and if I am not I might take a few moments in the Chapel to meditate to try to ground myself with all that have been happening you know."

He nodded. "Understandable. If you can have someone nearby it would be safer than being alone, even if it's what you might desire.'

"Are you sure you will be alright Adley?" He asked again. "Damn it this week have not been easy on any of us now have it?"

"No, it hasn't been. But I just need time to recover." He hiked up the stairs towards the security office. "We all do, you too. I'll see you soon, together we'll make sure there's another day...I better report in first though." He gave him a nod and turned towards the Chief's office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:56 pm

"I find that plesant distractions should be a rare indulgence taken with care."
Jeffry said.
"And besides I think I prefer my memories as they are, but thank you for offering non the less Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled, "A rare indulgence taken with care, certainly, and I fully understand your preference for letting your memories come without being deliberately triggered. Halcyon days of one's youth are not somewhere you should want to spend too much time when the present has so much to offer."

"I have no interest in abusing your new friend Mr Wainwright."
The old Flambeau said firmly.
He nodded, "And I would not think you had, either - which is why I told you why I believe such would be abusive. His presence, of course, can be quite intimidating all the same."

"I see I do wonder how the Union got their hands on such a thing."
The Security Chief commented.
He frowned, "It would be all too easy for someone who achieved lichdom to disappear under the Traditions' radar... and, I suppose, it would also be far too easy for a highly static lich to be swayed to the Union's stagnant ideology. I... honestly don't believe it matters much where they got it by now; if we should luck upon their original source, we might consider the merits of a rescue operation, but... I'm afraid I can't be optimistic about finding whoever it was alive."
He paused for a moment, then facepalmed for a moment, "Ah, you know what I meant."

"Very well I will allow it but if these talismans have stores of corrupted Quintessence in it then you will have to keep them off the premises when not working on them."
He said firmly.
He nodded, "I do not believe they do - they do not seem to carry or expend charges; the whip merely does worse damage, and the restraints hurt like needles biting into one's Avatar. But I will make sure they are properly examined to make sure before bringing them here."

"Good thank you Mr Wainwright it will be useful to have a link to Kyle in case something happens."
He nodded, "I don't believe anyone will think to check the hospital for us right now, so this sudden lull in the fight could serve us very well in that regard."

He read over the note and frowned. He looked up at him and then away, shaking his head in disagreement. He took the frame back, scraped off the messages there and just put, 'Be careful.' Then as Colin proceeded to take the tablet with him into the room, he seemed confused and surprised - he'd thought he was getting it back and didn't realise his friend intended to go into the room to talk to the Verbena. He sighed, shook his head exasperated.
He nodded, "I will. I'll bring this right back; just a small, very private message..."

Kristina's eyes widened and they flashed with anger however she controlled it and said in an even tone of voice.
"I can not talk about this now this man needs my care, hopefully I can get him back to sleep give me an hour or so and then I might be able to have a talk."
The Verbena's voice was carefully measured not to scare Dennis as she gave you a level look she was not best pleased, not best pleased at all.
He smoothly erased the message, "Very well, I must make an errand to the hospital first; I will see you in an hour's time."
He looked to Lenoe, then looked down, "And again, Sir, I am truly sorry."

He turned slowly and made his way over to Adley to return the wax tablet with a quiet nod, then stepped up to Kyle's cell, "Ah, your new name was Kyle, was it not? Chief Morgan wants you to follow me for a quick medical check-up and a blood sample, as a precaution. I'm afraid I will have to handcuff you for the trip, but I will try not to discomfort you more than necessary."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next