Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 22 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 am

Earlier:

Colin smiled, "A rare indulgence taken with care, certainly, and I fully understand your preference for letting your memories come without being deliberately triggered. Halcyon days of one's youth are not somewhere you should want to spend too much time when the present has so much to offer."

"My past have value, my parents where good people and they helped shape me into the man I am today, I am fond of my memories from a less complicated time where my world was our small house on Horizon and my mother's workshop...I am also fond of my days as a school boy at Mus, my first adventures with my old Cabal, but I want to remember naturally and not have these memories tampered with."
Jeffry said firmly.
"I have lived a good life and at times a sad life and I like to let my present actions be a testament to that rather than loosing myself in my past."

He nodded, "And I would not think you had, either - which is why I told you why I believe such would be abusive. His presence, of course, can be quite intimidating all the same."

"It can be, and it is good that you speak up, it will be your responsibility now to help protect him from those who would just see him as a source of power. Spirits are innocent in may ways like animals are, they simply are what they are and they should be respected and worked with, not ruled over."
The old Flambeau said and he glanced over at his sleeping imps.

He frowned, "It would be all too easy for someone who achieved lichdom to disappear under the Traditions' radar... and, I suppose, it would also be far too easy for a highly static lich to be swayed to the Union's stagnant ideology.

"True enough to become a lich you have to cut all ties with your former life, it is part of the ritual so making such a person vanish should not be to hard and a static mind are more likely to agree with the ideas of the Technocracy.."
Jeffry said and he nodded in agreement.

I... honestly don't believe it matters much where they got it by now; if we should luck upon their original source, we might consider the merits of a rescue operation, but... I'm afraid I can't be optimistic about finding whoever it was alive."
He paused for a moment, then facepalmed for a moment, "Ah, you know what I meant."

"Yes well life is many things Umbroods are alive in a way even if they do not have breathing physical bodies with a heartbeat I understand what you mean Mr Wainwright and I agree that there are small chances of finding this lich still among us but should it happen and he or she are still loyal to the Tradition yes a rescue might be attempted. However yes it do not matter much at the moment how The Union got their hands on the lichdom potion I suppose only the effects the serum have at the present really matters."
The Security Chief agreed.

He nodded, "I do not believe they do - they do not seem to carry or expend charges; the whip merely does worse damage, and the restraints hurt like needles biting into one's Avatar. But I will make sure they are properly examined to make sure before bringing them here."

"Well those restraints certainly do not sound to plesant no, but very well keep me updated on these Talismans, if they have a magickal effect they need to have something fueling them, check the Resonance of that Quintessence please before taking them to Steelhaven."
Jeffry ordered.

He nodded, "I don't believe anyone will think to check the hospital for us right now, so this sudden lull in the fight could serve us very well in that regard."

"Agreed."
Was all the old Hermetic had to say to that.
"But do be careful in either case."

Basement:

A small, curious look was Nicole's reply, ending with a shrug. In her book, human rights were for human beings, not human-shaped predators who wished to eat you.

Francesca gave you an annoyed look she clearly was not impressed but she said nothing further.

A nod to this. 'There's not going to be a briefing on what happened, then?'

"I doubt it we are not a military unit, if you have something important you noticed during the fight go an take it up with the Chief, we are probably all going to meet up when a plan for an attack on the Labyrinth are formed though so we can be given our tasks."
Adjan informed you.

"Fear is a powerful thing....but let's hope that in the future that will change. Honestly it would be awesome if we lived in a world where sleepers, vampires, werewolves, ghosts mages, all got along all got along together. It might be wishful thinking but its fun to imagine what such a world like that
would look like." Serge said with a smile thinking of what such a world would look like.

"I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon but at least we could try to be a little less dicks to one another."
Kyle said and frowned.
"We could just lock those vampires up, we are mages we should be able to find a less horrible way to keep them safe for everyone to be around."

"We're young so who knows....we might live to see such a day. Hell you might even be the one to start that little revolution. A world where our decisions aren't ruled by fear or prejudice." Serge said with a smile.

"Perhaps we can get to see some more understanding and tolerance at least but really I think we are all made to fear one another and act like this, the world is a pretty dark and rotten place."
The young widderslainte muttered.

"Huh....I noticed that." Serge said remembering Adley's conversation with his mentor. "Guess we are sort of like family." Serge said glancing at his ring and wondering what his mentor and actual parents were doing.

"Well that could be worse, if one's Mentor is like an adopted parent then at least you and your lineage will be taking good care of one another, one can always do with more family after all."
Kyle said.
"But I guess it would be confusing if your Mentor had actual children what would your relation be to them. I think family bonds in the supernatural world can get pretty confusing."
He declared.

He nodded. "Understandable. If you can have someone nearby it would be safer than being alone, even if it's what you might desire.'

"You are probably right my friend and while a few moments alone would be welcome, for now the most important thing is to get a chance to meditate for a few minutes at least, I need to center myself and focus as you noticed I am beginning to make mistakes."
Adjan said and he frowned deeply.
"It have been a long night."
He said and he suddenly looked very tired, he had been through allot including several serious injuries that had later been healed, and he had taken lives, and each life claimed that way added to his burden.
"But I will see if I can find someone to join me as I meditate.I should be safe enough in the Chantry now that order have been established though I think.

"No, it hasn't been. But I just need time to recover." He hiked up the stairs towards the security office. "We all do, you too. I'll see you soon, together we'll make sure there's another day...I better report in first though." He gave him a nod and turned towards the Chief's office.

"I am glad to hear it, make sure you get that time though."
The Euthanathos said still concerned.
"Yes, we will take down this threat Larson face and then celebrate a new tomorrow and the sacrifices of our dead."
He muttered then he nodded.
"Very well if you could let your Mentor know that I will be right back down after a few minutes of meditation if he have anything he needs me to do."
The death magus said and he gave you a polite nod before he headed for the stairs.

You got to your Mentor's office and knocked on the door, the old mage opened and you saw that Serge Yager was already sitting in a chair in the office.
"Ah mea filius did all go well...please come in. I am just finishing up with Mr Yager here and I will be right with you."
Jeffry said and held the door open for you and stepped a bit to the side so you could get into his tiny office.

He smoothly erased the message, "Very well, I must make an errand to the hospital first; I will see you in an hour's time."
He looked to Lenoe, then looked down, "And again, Sir, I am truly sorry."

"Kristina nodded she was clearly angry but she spoke politely though in a bit of a clipped tone of voice."
"As you wish Sir I will be here, I will see you then and take care out there the Nephandi are far to active not to take special considerations."

Mr Lenoe looked at you his eyes terrified and full of pain he whimpered slightly, there was nothing else he could do in his tortured state.

He turned slowly and made his way over to Adley to return the wax tablet with a quiet nod, then stepped up to Kyle's cell, "Ah, your new name was Kyle, was it not?

"So the big man said, that is going to take some getting used to. You can call me Kyle or Raymond, whatever you prefer Sir."
The young mage said as Darrian moved to let you into the boy's cell.

Chief Morgan wants you to follow me for a quick medical check-up and a blood sample, as a precaution. I'm afraid I will have to handcuff you for the trip, but I will try not to discomfort you more than necessary."

"No...I will not let myself be handcuffed I can not handle being restrained."
Kyle said and shook his head, he was suddenly scared but tried to hide it.
"I have been held down so many times I a not doing that. I have done everything I have been asked, I have given what information I have I have cooperated with everything and now I am to be handcuffed like an animal and taken to be poked and prodded some more. No I have had enough!"
The teenager said and drew away from you he clearly was rather tired and fed up.
"I did not protest with that serum, I sat still and tried not to make a sound even if it hurt, but I am tired of this now...and besides for blood tests they always want to draw from my hands and I can not stand having my hands touched by strangers or hurt, that is just the way it is, and so I fight back and I get hold down again..."
He said and looked down at his hands and shook his head.
"I am staying here!"

Jeffry's Office:

"Yes sir. He confirmed all three drawings and said that he had seen everyone of those people within the labyrinth." Serge said.

"I see well that is good then we have a little more indication that we can trust what Miss Cunningham told us."
Jeffry said as he returned to his seat an sipped from his coffee cup.

Pulling out the first picture, Serge began to explain his findings. "He identified the Asian Scar Lady as Master Mysaki and confirmed her to be Larson's security chief as well as the type of person who would not mind ripping you apart limb from limb."

Pulling out the second drawing, Serge continued, "Kyle confirmed this man to be Larson's second in command. His full name is Wallace Jace, Kyle mentioned that he wasn't the worst person in the labyrinth but considering who he was surrounded by that isn't really much of a statement."

Pulling out the final picture Serge continued with his analysis. "Kyle didn't know anything about this third person but confirmed that he had seen her within the labyrinth."

The Security Chief nodded and added the information in a small leather bound book he had on his desk.
"I see then we know a little more, thank you for your aid Mr Yager, if you don't mind I would like to ask for your help again, two of our number have actually seen Lisa Larson, she approached them and tried to intimidate them would you mind getting a drawing from these ladies as well so we also have a good imagine on what our main target looks like, we have descriptions but a picture would be more useful."
He asked as he regarded you over the top of his coffee cup.

"Also might I add that Kyle seemed really happy that you placed your trust in him. He seems to look up to you and Mr. Roth Hicks." Serge said with a smile.

"I am glad to hear it, Kyle is a good id, I might have taken water over my head taking in a widderslainte,most would say I should throw him to the mercy of the Council of Nine but he deserves a chance...one chance..."
He muttered then he sigh.
"How is the kid holding up down in the basement with all that is going on?"

There was suddenly a knock on the door and Jeffry said.
"Excuse me."
Before he stood and maneuvered past you, the office was not very big after all, so he could open the door and let Adley into the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 22 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Adley Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 am

"You are probably right my friend and while a few moments alone would be welcome, for now the most important thing is to get a chance to meditate for a few minutes at least, I need to center myself and focus as you noticed I am beginning to make mistakes." Adjan said and he frowned deeply. "It have been a long night."

"Yeah, look I'm sorry about...before. We're all tired, hurt and went through some corner of hell, and you haven't even gotten rest like I did. I shouldn't've come down so hard. It was a mistake but it's a fixable one...and I should have controlled my temper better..." He went to scratch a hand through is hair, noted the gloves and then carefully removed them with a distasteful look making sure they were turned so any blood was on the inside of them and then tied them off. "At least I wasn't writing in capitals only or Greek."

"But I will see if I can find someone to join me as I meditate.I should be safe enough in the Chantry now that order have been established though I think.

"Good, then maybe you can relax if someone has your back. I would do it, I owe you more than that and you're my friend, besides. But I have orders to check in, so please try to find someone?" he requested. "I don't think it's safe to assume it's safe. Not yet."

"I am glad to hear it, make sure you get that time though." The Euthanathos said still concerned.

"That's where your help will come in, since we have to make sure we secure it...besides, we're still on for a drink."

"Very well if you could let your Mentor know that I will be right back down after a few minutes of meditation if he have anything he needs me to do." The death magus

"I will."

the old mage opened and you saw that Serge Yager was already sitting in a chair in the office. "Ah mea filius did all go well...please come in. I am just finishing up with Mr Yager here and I will be right with you."

"No," he said, with a sigh as he entered the room and shut the door behind him. "But it could have been worse. Mr Terach says he will down shortly after his meditations, if you need him." He  saw Serge there and tipped his head at him in greeting. "Already in the right place at the right time, I see. I'd like a few words as well, as it transpires, when you've finished of course."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 am

Belive, that helps. Harbor a little faith, and that will help us.

take her down to the basement where she can be placed with the other prisoners under guard.
You can't put prisoners along with the sick and wounded or hindered on a node. Thenk you Hildergaard, your help has been invaluable. he said with a smile, noticing how much she cared.
Please let me know if you need me to take any messages to the Werewolves in the morning. Yours or your apprentice's. he offered with no more details.
Once alone with Candence, he told her I'm sorry for all of this. No actions seemed correct. None of them look right now, but i'm commited with this, for better or for worse.
I wish we could have met in a better way. In any case, though, if you want to chat or something, i'm here. If you want to help reading these to see if there's any jurisdiction available to help your case and prevent any of those being used against us.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:30 am

Anja's Post:

'Well... I've not been given anything to do. Do I need to report to anyone, or is the time my own 'till this evening?'

[Not sure if Nicole's been 'assigned' a cabal yet, or even if such things happen here. Oh, and hi Tane!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 am

Tane:

Belive, that helps. Harbor a little faith, and that will help us.

"For there to be faith Mr Karyak something have to sound believable."
Hildegard said dryly.

You can't put prisoners along with the sick and wounded or hindered on a node.

"I never suggested it either the prisoners are placed in storerooms in a completely different part of the basement."
Hildegard said and raised and eyebrow.

Thenk you Hildergaard, your help has been invaluable. he said with a smile, noticing how much she cared.

"I am glad to help but I still need to know what you intend to do about Miss Clearwater when you need to sleep or you plan to leave your room she can not be left here alone, so what are your plan?"
The Chorister asked and she raised an eyebrow.

Please let me know if you need me to take any messages to the Werewolves in the morning. Yours or your apprentice's. he offered with no more details.

"My apprentice is six I doubt she have much to say to werewolves other than asking them how long combing their fur will take. For me no I have no messages but thank you for asking Mr Karyak. Now what are you going to do about the prisoner you are responsible for when you go out to talk with these wherewolves?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

Once alone with Candence, he told her I'm sorry for all of this. No actions seemed correct. None of them look right now, but i'm commited with this, for better or for worse.

Cadence smiled a little sadly.
"Thank you for trying Tane, no one else are."
She said softly.

I wish we could have met in a better way. In any case, though, if you want to chat or something, i'm here.

"I...am not sure there...is much to talk about or rather I am not sure I want to talk about what I am afraid of, but I do thank you for the offer."
She said and glanced over at you.

If you want to help reading these to see if there's any jurisdiction available to help your case and prevent any of those being used against us.

"I can do that, but with my hands bound it is hard to turn pages."
Cadence said as she sat up with some difficulty and groaned over her injury.
"Yeah meeting in a different way then you running me through with a sword would have been good."
She said wryly.

Adley:

"Yeah, look I'm sorry about...before. We're all tired, hurt and went through some corner of hell, and you haven't even gotten rest like I did. I shouldn't've come down so hard. It was a mistake but it's a fixable one...and I should have controlled my temper better..."

"Don't worry about it my friend you where right to be angry, and I was wrong I should have considered what the boy where asking I was just thinking it was a way for him to not be in the room and at the same time not having to have a long talk about it outside of it."
Adjan said and shook his head.

He went to scratch a hand through is hair, noted the gloves and then carefully removed them with a distasteful look making sure they were turned so any blood was on the inside of them and then tied them off. "At least I wasn't writing in capitals only or Greek."

"Well now that would have been interesting though as I can read a little Greek i might have been able to understand it anyway."
The Euthanathos said sounding a bit amused. There where no blood on the gloves, you had not touched the vampires after they where staked and other than Mr Lenoe's tears there had not been much blood.

"Good, then maybe you can relax if someone has your back. I would do it, I owe you more than that and you're my friend, besides. But I have orders to check in, so please try to find someone?" he requested. "I don't think it's safe to assume it's safe. Not yet."

"Thank you I will try to find someone then."
Adjan said and nodded.
"And yes off course you go check in, we all have our duties."
He said and nodded.

"That's where your help will come in, since we have to make sure we secure it...besides, we're still on for a drink."

"Yes that we are going to have to do and safeguard a future for all of us."
Adjan said then he grinned.
"That we are and after the last few days we need one!"

"I will."

"Thank you my friend."

"No," he said, with a sigh as he entered the room and shut the door behind him. "But it could have been worse.

"I take it that the vampires have been restrained then."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"I am sorry I had to put that on you mea filius."

Mr Terach says he will down shortly after his meditations, if you need him."

"Yes I might at that, I will have a talk with him later."
Your Mentor said and sat back down behind his desk.
"Can I offer you a cup of coffee mea filius while you wait as I was just seeing Mr Yager off?"
He asked.

Nicole:

Well... I've not been given anything to do. Do I need to report to anyone, or is the time my own 'till this evening?'

"We will probably attack the Labyrinth long before the evening Miss."
Adjan said.
"Hum...Chief Morgan might have some tasks for you so checking in with him is probably a good idea. I think that things have just been a bit hectic around here right now, sorry about that."
The Euthanathos said.

(OOC: Nicole have not been assigned to a Cabal yet and she do not know what is the common practice around that at Steelhaven.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am

Anja's Post:

'Understood. And where is he at the moment?' she said, giving a nod. Now the vampires had been secured [I think], once she'd got the instructions she'll head upstairs to see Morgan.

[True enough!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 am

He turned slowly and made his way over to Adley to return the wax tablet with a quiet nod...

He gave a nod back, and then stuck the frame away.

"Well now that would have been interesting though as I can read a little Greek i might have been able to understand it anyway."
The Euthanathos

"How is your knowledge of archaic long-form vulgarities?" he teased. "My students always want to know that first."

"I take it that the vampires have been restrained then." Jeffry said and sigh. "I am sorry I had to put that on you mea filius."

"Yes." He tipped his head. "In turn, I leaned on greater experience that was available. She is requesting permission to stay for a while, so we can set up care appropriately. Hm, details later."

"Yes I might at that, I will have a talk with him later."
Your Mentor said and sat back down behind his desk.
"Can I offer you a cup of coffee mea filius while you wait as I was just seeing Mr Yager off?"
He asked.

"No, I'll start filling out some of the pertient details for the moment, until Mr Yager can spare me a moment of his time before he leaves...?" Then he frowned. "Damn, I had a cup, took it with me and didn't drink any - it's downstairs where I left it." The thought of going back up and down the stairs again caused the scowl to deepen on his face. "I'll get it after I make my report..." He sighed, pulled the frame back out and began writing some of the more sensitive information on it to save time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Morgan's Office:
"My past have value, my parents where good people and they helped shape me into the man I am today, I am fond of my memories from a less complicated time where my world was our small house on Horizon and my mother's workshop...I am also fond of my days as a school boy at Mus, my first adventures with my old Cabal, but I want to remember naturally and not have these memories tampered with."
Jeffry said firmly.
"I have lived a good life and at times a sad life and I like to let my present actions be a testament to that rather than loosing myself in my past."
Colin nodded, then pondered, "Hum, would you say the sensation of the sand actually tampered with your memory, though, or merely triggered it? That distinction could be quite important."

"It can be, and it is good that you speak up, it will be your responsibility now to help protect him from those who would just see him as a source of power. Spirits are innocent in may ways like animals are, they simply are what they are and they should be respected and worked with, not ruled over."
The old Flambeau said and he glanced over at his sleeping imps.
He smiled, "At the very least, only a very few individuals have heard his name - that should help protect him to some extent. And yes, they are people like us, or the vampires in the basement, and should be treated with the appropriate respect."

"Yes well life is many things Umbroods are alive in a way even if they do not have breathing physical bodies with a heartbeat I understand what you mean Mr Wainwright and I agree that there are small chances of finding this lich still among us but should it happen and he or she are still loyal to the Tradition yes a rescue might be attempted. However yes it do not matter much at the moment how The Union got their hands on the lichdom potion I suppose only the effects the serum have at the present really matters."
He nodded, "True that - Lady Crexia is one of the more vital individuals I have met, in many ways."

"Well those restraints certainly do not sound to plesant no, but very well keep me updated on these Talismans, if they have a magickal effect they need to have something fueling them, check the Resonance of that Quintessence please before taking them to Steelhaven."
Jeffry ordered.
He nodded, "I will keep you posted."

"Agreed."
Was all the old Hermetic had to say to that.
"But do be careful in either case."
He nodded, "Of course. I trust Dr. Lee to be able to sneak us in undetected, though - he knows his hospital."

Basement:
"Kristina nodded she was clearly angry but she spoke politely though in a bit of a clipped tone of voice."
"As you wish Sir I will be here, I will see you then and take care out there the Nephandi are far to active not to take special considerations."
He nodded, "I'm more concerned with the Union right now... but I think we'll be able to go under the radar."

"So the big man said, that is going to take some getting used to. You can call me Kyle or Raymond, whatever you prefer Sir."
The young mage said as Darrian moved to let you into the boy's cell.
He smiled thinly, "I think we'll have to go with Kyle; get both of us used to the name."

"No...I will not let myself be handcuffed I can not handle being restrained."
Kyle said and shook his head, he was suddenly scared but tried to hide it.
"I have been held down so many times I a not doing that. I have done everything I have been asked, I have given what information I have I have cooperated with everything and now I am to be handcuffed like an animal and taken to be poked and prodded some more. No I have had enough!"
The teenager said and drew away from you he clearly was rather tired and fed up.
"I did not protest with that serum, I sat still and tried not to make a sound even if it hurt, but I am tired of this now...and besides for blood tests they always want to draw from my hands and I can not stand having my hands touched by strangers or hurt, that is just the way it is, and so I fight back and I get hold down again..."
He said and looked down at his hands and shook his head.
"I am staying here!"
He nodded thoughtfully, then quietly closed the door, speaking softly, "We need a little privacy for what I am about to tell you... I have been looping around to the past and future quite a bit this past week. One of those round trips brought me to this cell, come November, when my apprentice is held here; a sweet girl of twelve years' age. You'll become quite good friends - she's a Nephanda, and... well, for some time, at least, she won't have many others around her own age to speak with, owing to understandable concerns from the other Mentors in the Chantry. But you will teach her a card game about magical duels, and take to naming her Mini-Jace, after one of the characters in the game. And one of the things you told me in that vision of the future was that you would gladly come along to be, in your own words, poked and prodded if it would help a friend, even one you had not yet met. But you're also clever enough to know that just that statement will not be convincing on its own, so you provided me one little piece of information which I could only have known if you let me know in the future... You have kept secrets from your father; a journal of your darker thoughts and impulses, in the notes section on your Riviera cartridge for your GBA. Right now, I need you to have your head scanned for the effects of the serum you're on - it should not have any lasting effects, you're not in danger - but I need the evidence to help ensure my little Anna won't be put on the serum for an extended period of time. If it helps, I do not wish to restrain you excessively, but if having your wrists bound together, I am willing to compromise with locking your right hand to my left instead, just to ensure we cannot be easily separated."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

Nicole:

Understood. And where is he at the moment?' she said, giving a nod. Now the vampires had been secured [I think], once she'd got the instructions she'll head upstairs to see Morgan.

"My guess is that Master Morgan is either in the cafeteria or at his office."
Adjan said and pointed upstairs.

You got to Jeffry's office and he opens the door when you knocks on it.
"Ah Miss Bouchard one moment I am just finishing things up with my student and with Mr Yager."
He said and you could see Serge and Adley sitting in his small office.

Adley:

How is your knowledge of archaic long-form vulgarities?" he teased. "My students always want to know that first."

"Ah yes your students have excellent taste then...I have to admit to knowing a few, but most of the Greek I know is from sitting with dictionaries for cross reference working though the magical papyri."
The Euthanathos said and smiled a little.
"But I am sure I could work it out by tone if nothing else."

"Yes." He tipped his head. "In turn, I leaned on greater experience that was available. She is requesting permission to stay for a while, so we can set up care appropriately. Hm, details later."

"I see well Mrs Knox is welcome and I am glad that she was able to assist you mea filius."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I will talk with the good woman later and see if she needs anything, yes we can discuss the details later as long as I know it is done so our guests will not pose further threat to the Chantry."

"No, I'll start filling out some of the pertient details for the moment, until Mr Yager can spare me a moment of his time before he leaves...?" Then he frowned. "Damn, I had a cup, took it with me and didn't drink any - it's downstairs where I left it." The thought of going back up and down the stairs again caused the scowl to deepen on his face. "I'll get it after I make my report..." He sighed, pulled the frame back out and began writing some of the more sensitive information on it to save time.

"I can get the cup later mea filius don't worry about it. Yes filling out some of the details in writing would be good..."
The old magus begun then there was a knock on the door.
"Ah excuse me for a moment gentlemen."
He said and went to open and you could see Nicole waiting outside of the office door.

(OOC: I am running a bit late today. I will post this and then get working on Colin's post as I have time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:54 pm

"I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon but at least we could try to be a little less dicks to one another."
Kyle said and frowned.
"We could just lock those vampires up, we are mages we should be able to find a less horrible way to keep them safe for everyone to be around."

"We've been dicks to each other for as long as we've been around. And not just us sleepers as well." Serge said.

"But I would be lying if I said I didn't agree with you. We could have used magick to bind them up. If I were to guess why we didn't than I would guess that its because the magick wouldn't last long enough and we would have to continually cast it which might've upset the vampires even more." Serge said trying his best to give reason to something he didn't agree with.

"Perhaps we can get to see some more understanding and tolerance at least but really I think we are all made to fear one another and act like this, the world is a pretty dark and rotten place."

"That's why I spent most of my life trying to escape it." Serge admitted. "But then my Mentor found me and showed me the good in the world. Showed me that the world was not as bad of a place as I once thought. Master Morgan might be able to show you that as well."

The Security Chief nodded and added the information in a small leather bound book he had on his desk.
"I see then we know a little more, thank you for your aid Mr Yager, if you don't mind I would like to ask for your help again, two of our number have actually seen Lisa Larson, she approached them and tried to intimidate them would you mind getting a drawing from these ladies as well so we also have a good imagine on what our main target looks like, we have descriptions but a picture would be more useful."
He asked as he regarded you over the top of his coffee cup.

"They saw the big bad boss herself?" Serge said sounding surprised. "Damn! Anyways yeah I can do that. Who are these two that saw Lisa?"

"I am glad to hear it, Kyle is a good id, I might have taken water over my head taking in a widderslainte,most would say I should throw him to the mercy of the Council of Nine but he deserves a chance...one chance..."
He muttered then he sigh.

"Everyone deserves a chance. If my mentor hadn't taken a chance on me I would have very likely been sent to a mental hospital rather than helping out here." Serge said with a smile.

"How is the kid holding up down in the basement with all that is going on?"

"Oh! Well.....he's....ummmm...he's sort of...I'l be honest he's not well." Serge said honestly.

"The poor kid is scared, confused, trapped inside his own room, full of serum, and the only thing he can hear are the painful screams of the undead." Serge said recounting Kyle's unfortunate time in the basement.

There was suddenly a knock on the door and Jeffry said.
"Excuse me."
Before he stood and maneuvered past you, the office was not very big after all, so he could open the door and let Adley into the room.

A sudden strike of nervousness came to him as he saw Mr. Roth Hicks standing in the doorway remembering what he had done in the basement.

Adley wrote:He saw Serge there and tipped his head at him in greeting. "Already in the right place at the right time, I see. I'd like a few words as well, as it transpires, when you've finished of course."

Serge nodded politely in response to the older mages greeting.

"Hey Mr. Roth Hicks. Sure I can talk after this..." Serge said nervously sincerely hoping that Adley didn't notice his scrying within the basement.

He said and went to open and you could see Nicole waiting outside of the office door.

Serge gave Nicole a friendly wave when he saw her outside the door.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm

In the Security Office:

Colin nodded, then pondered, "Hum, would you say the sensation of the sand actually tampered with your memory, though, or merely triggered it? That distinction could be quite important."

"Hum...come to think about it the sand did just trigger the memory, it was not really altered, but it triggered it with full emotions, I felt safe and full of wonder like I did when I sat under my mother's workbench and watched her create her wonders."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little at that.

He smiled, "At the very least, only a very few individuals have heard his name - that should help protect him to some extent. And yes, they are people like us, or the vampires in the basement, and should be treated with the appropriate respect."

"I agree, and perhaps I agree that vampires are people though despite what they are. But yes spirits should be our partners in magick and not our servants."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.

He nodded, "True that - Lady Crexia is one of the more vital individuals I have met, in many ways.

"Lady Crexia works on it regularly, it takes allot for a lich to stay that dynamic and vital."
Jeffry said and George nodded at that.

He nodded, "I will keep you posted."

"I appreciate it Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and gave a firm nod.

He nodded, "Of course. I trust Dr. Lee to be able to sneak us in undetected, though - he knows his hospital."

"That the man do, he is quite skilled."
"And it helps that his Mentor works at the same hospital."

Basement:

He nodded, "I'm more concerned with the Union right now... but I think we'll be able to go under the radar."

"I hope that you are right Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and nodded she was still angry but controlled.
"But just in case be careful given our current circumstances."

He smiled thinly, "I think we'll have to go with Kyle; get both of us used to the name."

"That is okey Mr Wainwright but it is really weird to have a new name. Master Morgan say I will be named Kyle until I am initiated into the Order of Hermes and then I will choose the name I will be known by then, and that the reason for changing my name is that others should not know my true name, which is fair enough."
The young widderslainte said and he smiled a little.

He nodded thoughtfully, then quietly closed the door, speaking softly, "We need a little privacy for what I am about to tell you... I have been looping around to the past and future quite a bit this past week.

"You have been traveling in time Sir...that is so cool!"
The young mage exclaimed then he got a little uneasy as you closed the door perhaps his Avatar noticed Mia's hungry gaze.

One of those round trips brought me to this cell, come November, when my apprentice is held here; a sweet girl of twelve years' age. You'll become quite good friends - she's a Nephanda, and... well, for some time, at least, she won't have many others around her own age to speak with, owing to understandable concerns from the other Mentors in the Chantry. But you will teach her a card game about magical duels, and take to naming her Mini-Jace, after one of the characters in the game.

"You are getting an apprentice Mr Wainwright? That is cool. So you have rescued her from the Nephandi then?"
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"I see, well I guess some would be worried about her loyalty then, I would like to be her friend though so that is good...hum Mini Jace I have a feeling what sort of magick she likes to use."

And one of the things you told me in that vision of the future was that you would gladly come along to be, in your own words, poked and prodded if it would help a friend, even one you had not yet met. But you're also clever enough to know that just that statement will not be convincing on its own, so you provided me one little piece of information which I could only have known if you let me know in the future... You have kept secrets from your father; a journal of your darker thoughts and impulses, in the notes section on your Riviera cartridge for your GBA. Right now, I need you to have your head scanned for the effects of the serum you're on - it should not have any lasting effects, you're not in danger - but I need the evidence to help ensure my little Anna won't be put on the serum for an extended period of time.

"How could you know..."
The boy begun then he looked down he clearly id not want to do this not one but but he gave a resigned sigh an nodded.
"I have to have agreed to it in the future then and a promise is a promise I...will come with you I would not want a twelve year old girl to be put on that serum, I mean do not tell my brother please he will get sad since he brought me in so I hid how much it hurt from him but it really, really is not comfortable."
He muttered.
"What sort of scan CT or MRI?"
He asked and by how he said it he seamed to be familiar with both.

If it helps, I do not wish to restrain you excessively, but if having your wrists bound together, I am willing to compromise with locking your right hand to my left instead, just to ensure we cannot be easily separated."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright but that is not a good idea...I...panic when I am restrained so I might end up hurting you by accident then, I have broken things earlier on myself and others."
He muttered then he looked up at you before he closed his eyes for a moment.
"My Dad says that reality hates those like me, and so I have always gotten much of Paradox...I think that is the right term so I got sick, allot and as a little kid I did not always understand that the things the doctors my parents took me to did was to help me so I was held down, again and again and once when I was eleven an eye grew out of my leg...it was a real eye through I could see out of it. My Mom and Dad knew they could not take me to the hospital for there would be allot of questions and just walking around with it the Traditions might find out so they gave me som over the counter painkillers, not that they did much and then..."
The boy stopped talking and grasped his left leg an shivered a little at the memory.
"My Dad called some of is associates and they dragged me out of my room and held me down on the kitchen table while my Mom cut took a spoon she had sharpened and cut that eye out of my leg. I could see it coming, the spoon and the pain was so bad, and I could do nothing, they held me down I could not move or stop it and my leas was not heard, then my Mom heated a knife on the stove and cauterized the wound I think I fainted then I..."
Kyle's voice trailed of.
"I know they had to do it but after that time I just can not stand being restrained in any way...and yet I have again and again and every time it gets worse..."
He muttered sadly.

(OOC: I have been out playing MtG with friend. I will pst a reply for Warp first since he have waited the longest and then reply to the other posts when I have the time, sorry for being a bit slow today but I have been rather busy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:48 pm

"For there to be faith Mr Karyak something have to sound believable."
I've seen on tv what white people worship, and i disagree. Tane joked

"I never suggested it either the prisoners are placed in storerooms in a completely different part of the basement."
Still too close, we have had breakings before.

when you need to sleep or you plan to leave your room
It will be a while from that, and i probably will call master morgan and ask for anyone he can find, don't worry about it

"I...am not sure there...is much to talk about or rather I am not sure I want to talk about what I am afraid
I am a storyteller, and a sage. Maybe if there's a story worth telling, we can record it. We can always leave a mark
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Office:
"Hum...come to think about it the sand did just trigger the memory, it was not really altered, but it triggered it with full emotions, I felt safe and full of wonder like I did when I sat under my mother's workbench and watched her create her wonders."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little at that.
Colin pondered, "The sand is supposed to be painful to the Fallen... reminding their Avatar of the time when it was undamaged, or of better days in general might be too much for them to handle."

"Lady Crexia works on it regularly, it takes allot for a lich to stay that dynamic and vital."
Jeffry said and George nodded at that.
He nodded, "Hence her coming to learn silversmithing next year."

Basement:
"I hope that you are right Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and nodded she was still angry but controlled.
"But just in case be careful given our current circumstances."
He nodded, "We'll be alert, all of us."

"That is okey Mr Wainwright but it is really weird to have a new name. Master Morgan say I will be named Kyle until I am initiated into the Order of Hermes and then I will choose the name I will be known by then, and that the reason for changing my name is that others should not know my true name, which is fair enough."
The young widderslainte said and he smiled a little.
He smiled wryly, "I never took an alias like that - partly because I still receive a pension from Her Majesty's government, and the pseudonym would be a bother - and I don't really see that I could use someone's name against them magically. But Hermetics think they can, and that's enough for me to be a little wary about using my name everywhere."

"You have been traveling in time Sir...that is so cool!"
The young mage exclaimed then he got a little uneasy as you closed the door perhaps his Avatar noticed Mia's hungry gaze.
He grinned, "I've seen things that have not yet happened, and that might never be... and things that will be; wonderful things and warnings of darker days to come. You'll be there for some of them - and elsewhere for others. Ah, and please, don't let my Avatar spook your Grudge ghost - she sees her as broken and fragmented, something she can pick up and rebuild... but she can't actually break your Avatar apart."

"You are getting an apprentice Mr Wainwright? That is cool. So you have rescued her from the Nephandi then?"
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"I see, well I guess some would be worried about her loyalty then, I would like to be her friend though so that is good...hum Mini Jace I have a feeling what sort of magick she likes to use."
He smiled, "I have taken her on, she has accepted and has been conditionally approved of by the Deacon Council here - and yes, she is literally a rescue. I first met her yesterday, but she first met me seven years ago, when she called me Hephaestus and begged me to save her mother... Again, the time travel befuddlement. And she is brilliant - one day, I should like to see a duel between her and her father, actually; I'm not sure which one of them is faster and stronger..."

"How could you know..."
The boy begun then he looked down he clearly id not want to do this not one but but he gave a resigned sigh an nodded.
"I have to have agreed to it in the future then and a promise is a promise I...will come with you I would not want a twelve year old girl to be put on that serum, I mean do not tell my brother please he will get sad since he brought me in so I hid how much it hurt from him but it really, really is not comfortable."
He muttered.
"What sort of scan CT or MRI?"
He asked and by how he said it he seamed to be familiar with both.
He smiled wryly, "Because you told me. Or rather, you will, one day in November. Perhaps in another timeline, perhaps in this one; future me is a cheating bastard who keeps meddling with my present, so it's hard to know for certain. And I know, the serum stings like a hornet. If that hornet was five inches long and hated you personally rather than generally. I... have administered it to myself, to make sure I knew what I do unto others, and for a bit of additional insight into the stuff..."
He frowned, "MRI, I think. The one with the elongated drum you get rolled into. I hope you don't have any earrings or tongue studs or the like."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright but that is not a good idea...I...panic when I am restrained so I might end up hurting you by accident then, I have broken things earlier on myself and others."
He muttered then he looked up at you before he closed his eyes for a moment.
"My Dad says that reality hates those like me, and so I have always gotten much of Paradox...I think that is the right term so I got sick, allot and as a little kid I did not always understand that the things the doctors my parents took me to did was to help me so I was held down, again and again and once when I was eleven an eye grew out of my leg...it was a real eye through I could see out of it. My Mom and Dad knew they could not take me to the hospital for there would be allot of questions and just walking around with it the Traditions might find out so they gave me som over the counter painkillers, not that they did much and then..."
The boy stopped talking and grasped his left leg an shivered a little at the memory.
"My Dad called some of is associates and they dragged me out of my room and held me down on the kitchen table while my Mom cut took a spoon she had sharpened and cut that eye out of my leg. I could see it coming, the spoon and the pain was so bad, and I could do nothing, they held me down I could not move or stop it and my leas was not heard, then my Mom heated a knife on the stove and cauterized the wound I think I fainted then I..."
Kyle's voice trailed of.
"I know they had to do it but after that time I just can not stand being restrained in any way...and yet I have again and again and every time it gets worse..."
He muttered sadly.
He frowned, then nodded, "That's... a fairly bad mutation, I'd say. One Fallen I have spoken with in Chicago has a mouth on the side of her neck, and one I saw had tentacles in the eye sockets. One incident in my future will get me assailed by an angry rock, and apparently, that will not be he worst of it... Chronomancy is Reality's least favourite magic, and I will be doing rather a lot of it, it seems. Now, I promise, even if we're going to the hospital for a few tests, I'll not let anyone cut you today. A small puncture for a blood sample, that's all - you know those bothersome little blood tests where you get a needle punched into your fingertip? About that much. And, of course, the scan. The handcuffs, I'm afraid I can't avoid those - your Mentor's orders were quite explicit - but I'll make sure they're not too tight, alright?"
He smiled thinly, "You know, I have a pine cone you should see - it might give you the nudge you need to try to restore your Avatar from its fallen state, and thus reduce future Paradox... Arto filius Derra."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then found a wall to prop herself up on to wait.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Tane:

I've seen on tv what white people worship, and i disagree. Tane joked

"What some people find believable is not what others will put their faith in Mr Karyak and some of us require a bit more evidence."
Hildegard said dryly.

Still too close, we have had breakings before.

"The rooms down there are stone and durable, and the fact remains that whatever or not you approve of what facilities we have to use as cells or not you can not leave Miss Clearwater in your room unattended so either she will have to be brought to the storage rooms used as cells where our guards can keep an eye on her or either you or someone you recruit to the job will have to watch her at all times."
The Chorister said sternly.

It will be a while from that, and i probably will call master morgan and ask for anyone he can find, don't worry about it

"Finding someone to do your job Mr Karyak is not one of our Security Chief's tasks, we have a set up for prisoners, you asked not to use that for Miss Clearwater and he reluctantly agreed, you will yourself need to find a way to keep her or bring her to the cells that are already prepared and yes I do worry about it for you do seam to be rather nonchalant about this and I will not have a Nephandus escape because she was not kept under proper guard."
Hildegard said as she regarded you.

I am a storyteller, and a sage. Maybe if there's a story worth telling, we can record it. We can always leave a mark

"I am not so sure my fear for what will be done with me are a grand story to tell Tane, I am scared but I am not so sure there is much to be done about that..."
Cadence sand and she tried to smile a little.
"Let us just get to work on those books and see if there can be found any hope in them."
She muttered and looked down.

Colin:

Office:

Colin pondered, "The sand is supposed to be painful to the Fallen... reminding their Avatar of the time when it was undamaged, or of better days in general might be too much for them to handle."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"I see that as a likely hypothesis Mr Wainwright, it would have to be tested of course."
He said and sigh.
"But I am not sure it would be moral to test it on a prisoner."

He nodded, "Hence her coming to learn silversmithing next year."

"Good for her then I hope the good lady will enjoy her stay."
Jeffry said an smiled.

Basement:

He nodded, "We'll be alert, all of us."

Kristina just nodded at that.

He smiled wryly, "I never took an alias like that - partly because I still receive a pension from Her Majesty's government, and the pseudonym would be a bother - and I don't really see that I could use someone's name against them magically. But Hermetics think they can, and that's enough for me to be a little wary about using my name everywhere."

Kyle nodded at that.
"Well it sort of do make sense to use a name to find someone to target magically so the energies will know where to go I guess."
He said a little uneasy still about your presence.
"You where a pilot in the British air force right? You said something about that Sir."

He grinned, "I've seen things that have not yet happened, and that might never be... and things that will be; wonderful things and warnings of darker days to come. You'll be there for some of them - and elsewhere for others. Ah, and please, don't let my Avatar spook your Grudge ghost - she sees her as broken and fragmented, something she can pick up and rebuild... but she can't actually break your Avatar apart."

"You have seen all of these things Sir?"
Kyle asked wide eyed then he look down a bit nervous.
"In your future visions...where I still able to use magick? They had not...done that thing to destroy my abilities to me had they?"
He asked fearfully then his eyes widened.
"How do you know I see a Grudge ghost by my bed at times? And is she that Avatar thing you all talk about, my magick organ?"

He smiled, "I have taken her on, she has accepted and has been conditionally approved of by the Deacon Council here - and yes, she is literally a rescue. I first met her yesterday, but she first met me seven years ago, when she called me Hephaestus and begged me to save her mother... Again, the time travel befuddlement. And she is brilliant - one day, I should like to see a duel between her and her father, actually; I'm not sure which one of them is faster and stronger..."

"That would be cool to see such a duel Sir...I do not really understand all of that time travel stuff you talk about though...sorry."
He commented then he looked confused.
"Hephaestus the Greek God I do not understand..."

He smiled wryly, "Because you told me. Or rather, you will, one day in November. Perhaps in another timeline, perhaps in this one; future me is a cheating bastard who keeps meddling with my present, so it's hard to know for certain.

Kyle nodded.
"I guess I can buy that future travel thing ok...though it is kind of giving me a headache."

And I know, the serum stings like a hornet. If that hornet was five inches long and hated you personally rather than generally. I... have administered it to myself, to make sure I knew what I do unto others, and for a bit of additional insight into the stuff..."

"That serum really suck."
The young mage muttered and he gently rubbed his sore arm.
"I do not want to have to take it ever again. I guess it makes sense for someone to know what they are doing to others though, but there had to be a point during that injection where you where thinking what the fuck am I doing to myself."
He said and grinned a bit.

He frowned, "MRI, I think. The one with the elongated drum you get rolled into. I hope you don't have any earrings or tongue studs or the like."

"You sort of get rolled into both of them, only one base itself on xray technology and the other are a big magnet and you have to remove jewelry for both but one will get dangerous if you bring in any metal for for the other it will just fuck up the scan. I do have a earring but it can be removed."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"Both are fine for me, but the face mask that force you to stay in place that are used for brain scans sometimes for an MRI are not, it do not matter how much I want to help out I will not be able to lay still with that not without being put under."
He said and frowned.

He frowned, then nodded, "That's... a fairly bad mutation, I'd say. One Fallen I have spoken with in Chicago has a mouth on the side of her neck, and one I saw had tentacles in the eye sockets. One incident in my future will get me assailed by an angry rock, and apparently, that will not be he worst of it... Chronomancy is Reality's least favourite magic, and I will be doing rather a lot of it, it seems.

"Shit, tentacles in the eye sockets...I hope I never get anything like that but yeah that eye was freaky I could see out of and everything."
Kyle agreed wide eyed.

Now, I promise, even if we're going to the hospital for a few tests, I'll not let anyone cut you today. A small puncture for a blood sample, that's all - you know those bothersome little blood tests where you get a needle punched into your fingertip? About that much. And, of course, the scan.

"I know you are not going to let anyone hold me down and carve me up at the hospital Mr Wainwright that will make no sense, but knowing that do not make it any better, I am so used to being hold down at hospitals and this even starts with me being restrained...I can't deal with that!"
Kyle said and shook his head nervously.
"Yeah sure pricking my finger is not a problem I don't mind but a regular blood draw or the contrast fluid that I assume will be a part of the scan can be an issue I...don't really have good veins, perhaps it is due to all those trips to the hospital, or it could be due to my magick my Dad says how pale I am and such can have something to do with that so perhaps that is why, I don't know but they often can not find veins, and have to try several times which hurts and is a bit scary but fair enough I can focus on something else and just get through that but often then the nurses and such want to check my hands and stick those and no...just no. I don't like anyone touching my hands and having someone hurt them really freak me out, but I never have a voice in the matter and I am held down and it is done anyway and so I get these horrible nightmares."
The boy said and looked down at his long fingers.
"Once they placed an IV on the side of my thumb...there are veins there that one can almost always hit as there is so little soft tissue for them to hide in but it is usually not done for there are so much nerves and shit so it really hurts. I was sick with Paradox and needed fluids or I would die I realize that and I do not blame my Dad but after they had tried so many times and I was freaking out my Dad told them to just hold me down and use whatever they found and they stuck my thumb and it hurt so bad, then I lay strapped down for several hours while I was given fluids so I would not rip the IV out...hospitals kind of suck it is the place I loose control over myself and my body."
Kyle muttered.
"I will not let them touch my hands today...if they can't find a vein they can not use one in my hands ok...if I say no to that are you going to have them force me?"
He asked angrily. Like many children who had spent to much time in hospitals he was very wary and had allot of bad experiences.
"Just lay of my hands and don't restrain me and generally you can have them do what they please..."
He muttered.

The handcuffs, I'm afraid I can't avoid those - your Mentor's orders were quite explicit - but I'll make sure they're not too tight, alright?"

"That is not going to help much."
Kyle said and moved a bit away from you.

He smiled thinly, "You know, I have a pine cone you should see - it might give you the nudge you need to try to restore your Avatar from its fallen state, and thus reduce future Paradox... Arto filius Derra."

The boy suddenly looked at you socked.
"I...know that name...I do not know how but I know that name!"
He muttered.
"A pine cone? As in a baby tree, how are that going to help?"
He asked and he looked confused.

Nicole:

As you stood outside of Jeffry's office waiting you saw a slightly stocky, Hindu man with short black hair around a handsome face fearing a colorful tunic over brown pants come down the stairs and head towards the office, he stopped for a moment when he saw you and he looked a bit absent minded.
"Ehm...Miss...you are the young Sons of Ether that moved in today right?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Anja's Post:

A slightly suspicious look at the Indian, then nodded. 'Unless another snuck in without me noticing, yes?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 pm

"Ah yes your students have excellent taste then...I have to admit to knowing a few, but most of the Greek I know is from sitting with dictionaries for cross reference working though the magical papyri." The Euthanathos said and smiled a little. "But I am sure I could work it out by tone if nothing else."

He gave a wry smile. "I will probably end up teaching some Greek to some of ours, I doubt teaching another would be a hardship, if you are interested."

"I see well Mrs Knox is welcome and I am glad that she was able to assist you mea filius." Jeffry said and nodded. "I will talk with the good woman later and see if she needs anything, yes we can discuss the details later as long as I know it is done so our guests will not pose further threat to the Chantry."

He nodded. "I saw my amicus downstairs as well," he added and then gave a frown. "Unsurprisingly, I don't like it, but that's all I'll say for now, sir," he said, glancing at Serge and then heading for a chair.

"Hey Mr. Roth Hicks. Sure I can talk after this..." Serge said nervously sincerely hoping that Adley didn't notice his scrying within the basement.

He raised an eyebrow at him and then said, "Good. Thank you." He sat down and pulled up his materials, setting to work with the air of an teacher marking papers, save for the marks of stress and exhaustion which seemed extreme even for a professor or grad student. His hair was rumpled again as it dried and his face looked a more waxen in the light of the office.

"I can get the cup later mea filius don't worry about it. Yes filling out some of the details in writing would be good..." The old magus begun then there was a knock on the door. "Ah excuse me for a moment gentlemen."
"Ah Miss Bouchard one moment I am just finishing things up with my student and with Mr Yager."
He said and you could see Serge and Adley sitting in his small office.
A nod to this, then found a wall to prop herself up on to wait.

He nodded at then saw Nicole at the door. He gave her a nod also and then went back to whatever he was writing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Office:
Jeffry nodded at that.
"I see that as a likely hypothesis Mr Wainwright, it would have to be tested of course."
He said and sigh.
"But I am not sure it would be moral to test it on a prisoner."
Colin nodded, "True... I could ask Kyle, but I would feel uncomfortable doing so. It might affect Mrs. Cunningham, though I'm not sure if that would be wise. Heavens know what it might do to a wretch like Diego... and using him as a laboratory animal would be unethical, however tempting."

Basement:
Kyle nodded at that.
"Well it sort of do make sense to use a name to find someone to target magically so the energies will know where to go I guess."
He said a little uneasy still about your presence.
"You where a pilot in the British air force right? You said something about that Sir."
He nodded, "I just don't know how efficient using a name is, all in all - I mean, if you really wanted to mess with the system, you could scarcely go wrong with something like 'John Smith'. Good luck to whoever wants to find you by name alone then..."
He smiled, "Yes, the RAF. That was some years before you were born, though - after I got shot down, I received a few decorative bits of metal and a generous pension. Enough to get me over to the States and afford to open up a shop after learning a craft. I'm still a quite decent pilot, though."

"You have seen all of these things Sir?"
Kyle asked wide eyed then he look down a bit nervous.
"In your future visions...where I still able to use magick? They had not...done that thing to destroy my abilities to me had they?"
He asked fearfully then his eyes widened.
"How do you know I see a Grudge ghost by my bed at times? And is she that Avatar thing you all talk about, my magick organ?"
He nodded, "Today is the last day on the serum - though I expect you will be gently instructed to show some restraint in its use for some time. Chief Morgan has your back, though - and I am fairly certain of who you will get as your lawyer; a man as cold, hard and sharp as a sword, he will not show any feelings toward you in any way, but will deliver his arguments with perfect accuracy and irrefutable logic. Just... do me a favour and don't tell miss Alexander who represents you. She will not take that too well for some time yet."
He grinned, "You told me about your Grudge ghost in November to come. She is your Avatar - a part of your soul. And I expect you'll get to know her a lot better in the coming months and years."

"That would be cool to see such a duel Sir...I do not really understand all of that time travel stuff you talk about though...sorry."
He commented then he looked confused.
"Hephaestus the Greek God I do not understand..."
He smiled thinly and tapped his face, "I was slightly injured in the Labyrinth before I was projected to the past - my arm and leg got slightly burnt by primal fire. And I am a metalworker; some sensitive people can recognize that virtually by sight. So to a five-year-old Awakened Greek child, I would certainly fit the description."

Kyle nodded.
"I guess I can buy that future travel thing ok...though it is kind of giving me a headache."
He nodded, "Resolving the impossible knowledge of the future can be quite a pain in the neck, yes... Imagine then the amount of migraine medication that might be taken by the Cult of Ecstasy, the Tradition whose specialty is Chronomancy..."

"That serum really suck."
The young mage muttered and he gently rubbed his sore arm.
"I do not want to have to take it ever again. I guess it makes sense for someone to know what they are doing to others though, but there had to be a point during that injection where you where thinking what the fuck am I doing to myself."
He said and grinned a bit.
He nodded, "Roughly two-thirds of the way in, I'd say - just when the muscle started to stretch beyond what it could handle. I may have let slip a few poorly chosen phrases at that point. Also... my Avatar was rather furious with me 24 hours later, and rightly so..."

"You sort of get rolled into both of them, only one base itself on xray technology and the other are a big magnet and you have to remove jewelry for both but one will get dangerous if you bring in any metal for for the other it will just fuck up the scan. I do have a earring but it can be removed."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"Both are fine for me, but the face mask that force you to stay in place that are used for brain scans sometimes for an MRI are not, it do not matter how much I want to help out I will not be able to lay still with that not without being put under."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "Yes, but I believe the CT one is more of a ring than a cylinder... hum, I don't know if such a mask will be necessary, but I could ask the doctor to provide you with a sedative along with the contrast fluid. Would that be alright?"

"Shit, tentacles in the eye sockets...I hope I never get anything like that but yeah that eye was freaky I could see out of and everything."
Kyle agreed wide eyed.
He nodded, "The worst I saw was when some of the Fallen of Chicago fought a strike team from the Technocrats... there was a lot of quite blatant magic being flung around... one of them mutated to death, I think... I hope. It looked quite painful and unhealthy..."

"I know you are not going to let anyone hold me down and carve me up at the hospital Mr Wainwright that will make no sense, but knowing that do not make it any better, I am so used to being hold down at hospitals and this even starts with me being restrained...I can't deal with that!"
Kyle said and shook his head nervously.
"Yeah sure pricking my finger is not a problem I don't mind but a regular blood draw or the contrast fluid that I assume will be a part of the scan can be an issue I...don't really have good veins, perhaps it is due to all those trips to the hospital, or it could be due to my magick my Dad says how pale I am and such can have something to do with that so perhaps that is why, I don't know but they often can not find veins, and have to try several times which hurts and is a bit scary but fair enough I can focus on something else and just get through that but often then the nurses and such want to check my hands and stick those and no...just no. I don't like anyone touching my hands and having someone hurt them really freak me out, but I never have a voice in the matter and I am held down and it is done anyway and so I get these horrible nightmares."
The boy said and looked down at his long fingers.
"Once they placed an IV on the side of my thumb...there are veins there that one can almost always hit as there is so little soft tissue for them to hide in but it is usually not done for there are so much nerves and shit so it really hurts. I was sick with Paradox and needed fluids or I would die I realize that and I do not blame my Dad but after they had tried so many times and I was freaking out my Dad told them to just hold me down and use whatever they found and they stuck my thumb and it hurt so bad, then I lay strapped down for several hours while I was given fluids so I would not rip the IV out...hospitals kind of suck it is the place I loose control over myself and my body."
Kyle muttered.
"I will not let them touch my hands today...if they can't find a vein they can not use one in my hands ok...if I say no to that are you going to have them force me?"
He asked angrily. Like many children who had spent to much time in hospitals he was very wary and had allot of bad experiences.
"Just lay of my hands and don't restrain me and generally you can have them do what they please..."
He muttered.
He shook his head, "I will not force you into something like that without your consent. Hm, I believe there is a quite simple solution for that problem, actually, though it could be fairly uncomfortable. It is my understanding that the jugular vein is sometimes used in an emergency, such as in cases of severe blood loss when there's no time to find a vein for a normal transfusion. It would require you to hold quite still for the interim, though... but there'd be no need to touch your hands."

"That is not going to help much."
Kyle said and moved a bit away from you.
He frowned, then pondered for a moment, "There... is a small loophole we can use. I cannot not put the cuffs on you, but... do you swear on your soul that you will not attempt to escape, and to stay immediately adjacent to me at all times, until you are returned to your cell?"

The boy suddenly looked at you socked.
"I...know that name...I do not know how but I know that name!"
He muttered.
"A pine cone? As in a baby tree, how are that going to help?"
He asked and he looked confused.
He smiled, "You just confirmed who you once were, a thousand years ago. The memory of that life told me so - but i needed to make sure. It wasn't my memory of you at that time, you see... and yes, a pine cone, as in a baby tree. Actually, a seed pod, so potentially a lot of baby trees... it's a magical pine cone, obviously; the purity of one who sacrificed herself, and managed to hide something important away in the most unlikely place. You will get to see it soon enough, and then you will understand."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Serge:

"We've been dicks to each other for as long as we've been around. And not just us sleepers as well." Serge said.

"That is true there is allot of dicks in this world it do kind of suck."
Kyle agreed.

"But I would be lying if I said I didn't agree with you. We could have used magick to bind them up. If I were to guess why we didn't than I would guess that its because the magick wouldn't last long enough and we would have to continually cast it which might've upset the vampires even more." Serge said trying his best to give reason to something he didn't agree with.

"How would re casting magick upset the vampires more than what are being done to them? Do they have a particular issue with magick Serge?"
Kyle asked.
"For that really makes no sense, they seam to be in allot of pain someone standing near them and chanting or something to just create a box they could not leave from that should not really be upsetting."
He argued.

"That's why I spent most of my life trying to escape it." Serge admitted. "But then my Mentor found me and showed me the good in the world. Showed me that the world was not as bad of a place as I once thought. Master Morgan might be able to show you that as well."

"Maybe, I still sort of want to see the world go down, but I guess I can be content with just seeking it for myself eventually, but perhaps there is good in this world...perhaps."

"They saw the big bad boss herself?" Serge said sounding surprised. "Damn! Anyways yeah I can do that. Who are these two that saw Lisa?"

"Miss Rizzo a Verbena hedge wizard and Miss Olsen your uncle's new student. Yes they saw her as Miss Olsen where picking up Miss Rizzo at the airport and Larson tried to kidnap Miss Olsen to get at your uncle, as luck would have it Mr Karyak, Mr Coawa and Mr Wainwright foiled that attempt but they did not see the woman herself."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Everyone deserves a chance. If my mentor hadn't taken a chance on me I would have very likely been sent to a mental hospital rather than helping out here." Serge said with a smile.

"Well an asylum is not a plesant place Mr Yager I am glad that was not your fate and yes I do agree most if not all deserve at least one chance."
The old war mage said and he smiled a little.

"Oh! Well.....he's....ummmm...he's sort of...I'l be honest he's not well." Serge said honestly.

"The poor kid is scared, confused, trapped inside his own room, full of serum, and the only thing he can hear are the painful screams of the undead." Serge said recounting Kyle's unfortunate time in the basement.

"That is not good. I am going to have to try to find the time to visit him and see if there is anything that can be done to make him feel better when Mr Wainwright return him from a short trip to the hospital to have him checked out...for now he must stay locked up but perhaps something can be done to make him feel better about it."
Jeffry said and he looked rather concerned.

Nicole:

A slightly suspicious look at the Indian, then nodded. 'Unless another snuck in without me noticing, yes?'

The Indian nodded and smiled.
"Ah forgive my rudeness Miss I am Narim Sharaya bani Virtual Adepts I saw you in the fight upstairs and you look like you can handle yourself well with trouble so I have a little favor to ask of you if you are not presently busy."
He said and extended his hand in greeting.

Adley:

He gave a wry smile. "I will probably end up teaching some Greek to some of ours, I doubt teaching another would be a hardship, if you are interested."

"Oh I am most interested Adley, and I am sure I can find some way to repay the favor."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Thank you."

He nodded. "I saw my amicus downstairs as well," he added and then gave a frown. "Unsurprisingly, I don't like it, but that's all I'll say for now, sir," he said, glancing at Serge and then heading for a chair.

"All the details do not need to be known at the moment no but I am sure they will be fine mea filius something a small chance have to be taken to gain the knowledge we need to do what is right."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.

He raised an eyebrow at him and then said, "Good. Thank you." He sat down and pulled up his materials, setting to work with the air of an teacher marking papers, save for the marks of stress and exhaustion which seemed extreme even for a professor or grad student. His hair was rumpled again as it dried and his face looked a more waxen in the light of the office.

Jeffry gave you a worried frown then he went to find a cup of coffee and filled the fresh cup and sat it before you as you wrote.
"Here mea filius you look like you could need something hot to warm yourself on."
He said surprisingly softly.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True... I could ask Kyle, but I would feel uncomfortable doing so. It might affect Mrs. Cunningham, though I'm not sure if that would be wise. Heavens know what it might do to a wretch like Diego... and using him as a laboratory animal would be unethical, however tempting."

"We could try to ask Miss Clearwater, Mr Karyak's prisoner, she have been cooperative so far but the woman is wounded so I am not to comfortable in putting her under further strain, however she we might get to consent to being exposed to the sand so it might be worth the risk."
Jeffry said as he regarded you.

He nodded, "I just don't know how efficient using a name is, all in all - I mean, if you really wanted to mess with the system, you could scarcely go wrong with something like 'John Smith'. Good luck to whoever wants to find you by name alone then..."

"I think you have to use both name and intent to hit that particular person Sir."
Kyle said.
"Like finding both the right crystal for a task and also having the intent for it to work, or something like that."

He smiled, "Yes, the RAF. That was some years before you were born, though - after I got shot down, I received a few decorative bits of metal and a generous pension. Enough to get me over to the States and afford to open up a shop after learning a craft. I'm still a quite decent pilot, though."

"That must be really cool flying something I mean, is it fun?"
The young mage asked.

He nodded, "Today is the last day on the serum - though I expect you will be gently instructed to show some restraint in its use for some time. Chief Morgan has your back, though - and I am fairly certain of who you will get as your lawyer; a man as cold, hard and sharp as a sword, he will not show any feelings toward you in any way, but will deliver his arguments with perfect accuracy and irrefutable logic. Just... do me a favour and don't tell miss Alexander who represents you. She will not take that too well for some time yet."

"That lawyer you talk about sounds scary as hell Sir but I guess that whatever works right and if he can get me off the hook I will take it. Sure I can refrain from telling Miss Alexander, she is the other one like me right? I would love to meet her. Why is she afraid of that man you say will be my lawyer though? Did he hurt her?"
Kyle asked and he scratched his head.
"Ok..I can be careful with my magick no problem as long as I get to keep it all is well."

He grinned, "You told me about your Grudge ghost in November to come. She is your Avatar - a part of your soul. And I expect you'll get to know her a lot better in the coming months and years."

"How can Miss Japanese ghost be a part of my soul? Is she my magick organ, or of my connection to magick?"
Kyle asked curiously.

He smiled thinly and tapped his face, "I was slightly injured in the Labyrinth before I was projected to the past - my arm and leg got slightly burnt by primal fire. And I am a metalworker; some sensitive people can recognize that virtually by sight. So to a five-year-old Awakened Greek child, I would certainly fit the description."

"Yeah...I guess...but how...did you travel back in time Sir?"
Kyle asked and he sounded confused.
"Where you able to help her?"

He nodded, "Resolving the impossible knowledge of the future can be quite a pain in the neck, yes... Imagine then the amount of migraine medication that might be taken by the Cult of Ecstasy, the Tradition whose specialty is Chronomancy..."

"Yeah they might need to pop some headache pills...hum Cult of Ecstasy Serge is with them are he not Sir? He is cool he came down here to keep me company a while ago."

He nodded, "Roughly two-thirds of the way in, I'd say - just when the muscle started to stretch beyond what it could handle. I may have let slip a few poorly chosen phrases at that point. Also... my Avatar was rather furious with me 24 hours later, and rightly so..."

"Yeah I wanted to cry out as well or swear or something it might have made it easier but I have learned how not to...make a sound it makes those around me less uncomfortable."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Avatars have emotions and can get pissed?"
He asked.
"Man the mages in my father's fantasy books have it allot easier."

He nodded, "Yes, but I believe the CT one is more of a ring than a cylinder... hum, I don't know if such a mask will be necessary, but I could ask the doctor to provide you with a sedative along with the contrast fluid. Would that be alright?"

"It depends on the size of the unit Sir but yeah generally an MRI are bigger and enclose more."
Kyle said then he considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Ok...yeah if a mask is needed a sedative is fine if it put me to sleep and not just make me drugged down and more helpless for that would just make it more scary..."
He muttered.

He nodded, "The worst I saw was when some of the Fallen of Chicago fought a strike team from the Technocrats... there was a lot of quite blatant magic being flung around... one of them mutated to death, I think... I hope. It looked quite painful and unhealthy..."

"Shit well I guess those scenes my father had me read again and again is going to have competition for the position of nightmare fuel tonight then."
The young widderslainte said wryly.

He shook his head, "I will not force you into something like that without your consent.

"So if I say stop that I do not want to do more you will tell them to stop?"
Kyle asked nervously.

Hm, I believe there is a quite simple solution for that problem, actually, though it could be fairly uncomfortable. It is my understanding that the jugular vein is sometimes used in an emergency, such as in cases of severe blood loss when there's no time to find a vein for a normal transfusion. It would require you to hold quite still for the interim, though... but there'd be no need to touch your hands."

"Yeah I have heard them discuss that for me a few times but they did not do it as they feared I would not be able to stay still. It sounds rather scary like it would hurt allot but it is better than doing it to my hands...I do not want to do that either though."
Kyle muttered and he looked rather uncomfortable.

He frowned, then pondered for a moment, "There... is a small loophole we can use. I cannot not put the cuffs on you, but... do you swear on your soul that you will not attempt to escape, and to stay immediately adjacent to me at all times, until you are returned to your cell?"

"Yeah...I swear it as long as I am able to. I mean I might fall over or you might order me to hide if we are attacked but as long as I am able I swear to not escape and stay immediately adjacent to you until we return here. I swear it on my soul."
Kyle said.
"What are you thinking about Sir?"

He smiled, "You just confirmed who you once were, a thousand years ago. The memory of that life told me so - but i needed to make sure. It wasn't my memory of you at that time, you see...

"I do not understand Sir...a former life?"
Kyle asked puzzled.
"Who was I? Who is this Arto person?"

and yes, a pine cone, as in a baby tree. Actually, a seed pod, so potentially a lot of baby trees... it's a magical pine cone, obviously; the purity of one who sacrificed herself, and managed to hide something important away in the most unlikely place. You will get to see it soon enough, and then you will understand."

"A magickal pine cone...obviously now that right there sounds like it should be in a Zelda game. But yeah sure I am curious now so I can have a look at it."
Kyle said not really grasping what you where saying.

(OOC: Sorry I missed Serge's post it have been one of those days. If I have missed anything else please let me know.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Anja's Post:

'I make it a rule to never agree to anything 'till I hear what it is, me.' Nicole replied, the tone and smile making it clear she was joking, proffering her gloved hand.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Basement with Kyle:

"How would re casting magick upset the vampires more than what are being done to them? Do they have a particular issue with magick Serge?"
Kyle asked.
"For that really makes no sense, they seam to be in allot of pain someone standing near them and chanting or something to just create a box they could not leave from that should not really be upsetting."
He argued.

"You can say that because your a mage but look at it from their perspective." Serge started to explain.

"They know exactly what staking will do to them. But we're a a mystery to them. Just like how we don't know the full extent of their powers they have no idea what we're capable off. Their are literally an infinite number of things that our chanting could do to them. In their eyes we might say that we'll simply restrain them but secretly do much worse to them." Serge explained.

"And their's also the small factor that magick was already used on these guys. It's what the hostage taker used to cause them to frenzy and start attacking everything in sight. I doubt they would view magick very favorably right now and who knows how they'd react if we used it on them again." Serge said.

"Still I would've preferred magick rather than impalement." Serge concluded with a sigh.

Office:

"Miss Rizzo a Verbena hedge wizard and Miss Olsen your uncle's new student. Yes they saw her as Miss Olsen where picking up Miss Rizzo at the airport and Larson tried to kidnap Miss Olsen to get at your uncle, as luck would have it Mr Karyak, Mr Coawa and Mr Wainwright foiled that attempt but they did not see the woman herself."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Oh my cousin....I think." the young cultist said still not sure what Rosa was to him.

"She was nearly kidnapped? That can't have been pleasant at all..." Serge said with a frown wondering how the new mage felt after having experienced such an ordeal.

"Wait did Larson try and kidnap her in person? That doesn't seem right. She seems like the type to send her goons to do that type of work." Serge asked.

"That is not good. I am going to have to try to find the time to visit him and see if there is anything that can be done to make him feel better when Mr Wainwright return him from a short trip to the hospital to have him checked out...for now he must stay locked up but perhaps something can be done to make him feel better about it."
Jeffry said and he looked rather concerned.

"You and Mr Roth Hicks should go and visit him together. Thank him for his help with the pictures. I'm sure he would appreciate that. Maybe show hims some fun magickal tricks that you'll be teaching him. " Serge suggested taking a glance back at Adley.

(OOC: No problem Anja. I've been having a busy day myself so I don't mind waiting for a  little bit longer.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 pm

"We could try to ask Miss Clearwater, Mr Karyak's prisoner, she have been cooperative so far but the woman is wounded so I am not to comfortable in putting her under further strain, however she we might get to consent to being exposed to the sand so it might be worth the risk."
Jeffry said as he regarded you.
Colin pondered, then shook his head thoughtfully, "No, best not put any undue strain on her... she is the one who was captured by Mr. Karyak and his swordsmanship, is she not? I would prefer any such test be performed on someone in good health; perhaps someone with a more certain outlook. Ah, we're getting nowhere right now; let's consider the issue while I am off to the hospital."

"I think you have to use both name and intent to hit that particular person Sir."
Kyle said.
"Like finding both the right crystal for a task and also having the intent for it to work, or something like that."
He nodded, "Like looking someone up by name and birthdate, that sort of thing."

"That must be really cool flying something I mean, is it fun?"
The young mage asked.
He smiled warmly, "There's nothing like it... With your Mentor's approval, perhaps you can come along for one of my regular flights. Need to keep my certifications current, after all."

"That lawyer you talk about sounds scary as hell Sir but I guess that whatever works right and if he can get me off the hook I will take it. Sure I can refrain from telling Miss Alexander, she is the other one like me right? I would love to meet her. Why is she afraid of that man you say will be my lawyer though? Did he hurt her?"
Kyle asked and he scratched his head.
"Ok..I can be careful with my magick no problem as long as I get to keep it all is well."
He frowned, then nodded, "He was in charge of the ritual to... execute her old sentence. He had no emotions on display, but when Adley entered the room with evidence that her trial had gone against precedent, he immediately aborted the ritual and let us try to patch her up, to heal her Avatar... at which point nothing could have made him resume what was an improper sentence. He's not a good man, but a very absolute man; he is precisely what will give you the best defense."

"How can Miss Japanese ghost be a part of my soul? Is she my magick organ, or of my connection to magick?"
Kyle asked curiously.
He smiled wryly, "She... lives in your soul, I suppose you could say. She is what allows you to reach the Quintessence pool of the world, and I think she might disapprove of being called a mere 'organ'."

"Yeah...I guess...but how...did you travel back in time Sir?"
Kyle asked and he sounded confused.
"Where you able to help her?"
He frowned, "I did not precisely travel back in time... You could liken it to future me standing with a flashlight, and shining a beam directly on present me to cast my shadow into the past. I... could not help her in the past, but I was able to retrieve the toy she'd tried to give me - it had become trapped under the Labyrinth stones for years, a little scuffed, but otherwise in good condition... and I was able to give it back to her. Her mother, though... I haven't been able to save her yet; the poor woman is long dead, but a chance to save her might yet be found in the future..."

"Yeah they might need to pop some headache pills...hum Cult of Ecstasy Serge is with them are he not Sir? He is cool he came down here to keep me company a while ago."
He nodded, "Yes, I believe he is with that Tradition... as I understand it, his personal specialty is telepathy and empathy. He is a very good kid."

"Yeah I wanted to cry out as well or swear or something it might have made it easier but I have learned how not to...make a sound it makes those around me less uncomfortable."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Avatars have emotions and can get pissed?"
He asked.
"Man the mages in my father's fantasy books have it allot easier."
He nodded, "Mine is a little... special, I will allow that. However, some, especially those with a Primordial nature, can get quite active in your life. One I have encountered is fully manifested outside her Mage, appearing to the world as a woman in his company. Every Avatar is different, though there are some fairly common archetypes; ghosts, angels, demons, dragons, and so on... And yes, wizards in books often have it a bit easier."

"It depends on the size of the unit Sir but yeah generally an MRI are bigger and enclose more."
Kyle said then he considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Ok...yeah if a mask is needed a sedative is fine if it put me to sleep and not just make me drugged down and more helpless for that would just make it more scary..."
He muttered.
He nodded, "I will make sure of it, if so is the case."

"Shit well I guess those scenes my father had me read again and again is going to have competition for the position of nightmare fuel tonight then."
The young widderslainte said wryly.
He frowned, "I'm sorry... I have seen so much nightmare fuel, especially this past weekend, that I'm getting jaded. I pray you never get to the same point... though, considering what I have seen, I'd say it is unlikely you ever will..."

"So if I say stop that I do not want to do more you will tell them to stop?"
Kyle asked nervously.
He nodded, "I promise. At the very least, we'll give you a breather, let you calm down before another attempt is made. Or if you cannot, so be it..."

"Yeah I have heard them discuss that for me a few times but they did not do it as they feared I would not be able to stay still. It sounds rather scary like it would hurt allot but it is better than doing it to my hands...I do not want to do that either though."
Kyle muttered and he looked rather uncomfortable.
He nodded, "I'm sure your arms will be attempted first - but i will make sure your hands are not touched. The good doctor is an Akashic Brother - he's very technically good, even if he perhaps needs a little... hand-holding for his bedside manners."

"Yeah...I swear it as long as I am able to. I mean I might fall over or you might order me to hide if we are attacked but as long as I am able I swear to not escape and stay immediately adjacent to you until we return here. I swear it on my soul."
Kyle said.
"What are you thinking about Sir?"
He smiled slyly, holding up the pair of handcuffs, open and ready to clap around a wrist, "Hold out one arm. Just the one."

"I do not understand Sir...a former life?"
Kyle asked puzzled.
"Who was I? Who is this Arto person?"
He shrugged, "I honestly don't know much about Arto, but he was a warrior in a horrible war a thousand years ago; the Order of Hermes had what they called the Schism War, when one House called for war on another. It was an ugly business all over, and many who did not have to were killed over a political gambit..."

"A magickal pine cone...obviously now that right there sounds like it should be in a Zelda game. But yeah sure I am curious now so I can have a look at it."
Kyle said not really grasping what you where saying.
He nodded, "Yes, I suppose a Zelda game sounds about appropriate for that... There would be little point in showing it to you now, though - it needs blood to be activated, and I don't know how to do that... and the pine cone is quite particular about whose blood it will take, I fear."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 am

"Oh I am most interested Adley, and I am sure I can find some way to repay the favor." Adjan said and nodded. "Thank you."

"More training is useful, perhaps some bladework."

"All the details do not need to be known at the moment no but I am sure they will be fine mea filius something a small chance have to be taken to gain the knowledge we need to do what is right." Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.

"Yes sir; I'm just...worried..."

Jeffry gave you a worried frown then he went to find a cup of coffee and filled the fresh cup and sat it before you as you wrote.
"Here mea filius you look like you could need something hot to warm yourself on."
He said surprisingly softly.

He looked up and smiled. "Thanks. I still feel bad that I didn't finish the last one," he said and picked it up and drank some of it, then balanced the cup with one hand as he wrote with the other.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 am

Nicole:

'I make it a rule to never agree to anything 'till I hear what it is, me.' Nicole replied, the tone and smile making it clear she was joking, proffering her gloved hand.

Narim shook your hand firmly his was warm and despite it having the smooth texture of someone who did not do much manual labor it was firm and strong.
"I am tasked with trying to find out more about a mage who stood outside of our Chantry and transfixed our guardian entity."
The Virtual Adept begun.
"I need to do some scans where the woman stood and also physically check a few cameras down the road but the Chief will strangle me if I go alone so I wanted to ask you to come with me, we are not going far and I have a teleportation app ready on my phone so if there is trouble we can get out of it quickly."
He said and smiled.
"So are you up for it Miss?"

Serge:

"You can say that because your a mage but look at it from their perspective." Serge started to explain.

"They know exactly what staking will do to them. But we're a a mystery to them. Just like how we don't know the full extent of their powers they have no idea what we're capable off. Their are literally an infinite number of things that our chanting could do to them. In their eyes we might say that we'll simply restrain them but secretly do much worse to them." Serge explained.

"Yeah...not buying it. First of all we can say we are just going to stake them an then proceed to decapitate them, I assume that kills most things, set them on fire, ram a cactus up their asses or whatever else we might please, there would be no more reason for us to keep our words about just staking them than for us keeping our word about just using magick to restrain them. Secondly I know exactly what breaking my kneecaps will do to me but if I meet some supernatural asshole I do not know the capabilities of that give me the option of breaking my kneecaps or sealing me into a room with his powers, I am going with the second option."
Kyle said and scoffed.

"And their's also the small factor that magick was already used on these guys. It's what the hostage taker used to cause them to frenzy and start attacking everything in sight. I doubt they would view magick very favorably right now and who knows how they'd react if we used it on them again." Serge said.

"My earlier example still stand there are levels of bad so while they might be nervous around magick then A when the magick used did not harm them and did not hurt there is no reason for them to think re casting that magick to be worse than something that do hurt and are harmful even if they where originally nervous. B we would not have to use magick actually on the vampires, making an area effect around their room so they could not leave it and their powers would not work in it should do. Or we could create super powerful chains or something there is allot we could do that would not hurt them."
The young mage continued.

"Still I would've preferred magick rather than impalement." Serge concluded with a sigh.

"So would I."
Kyle muttered.

"Oh my cousin....I think." the young cultist said still not sure what Rosa was to him.

"In your magickal lineage yes she is your cousin Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"She was nearly kidnapped? That can't have been pleasant at all..." Serge said with a frown wondering how the new mage felt after having experienced such an ordeal.

"Wait did Larson try and kidnap her in person? That doesn't seem right. She seems like the type to send her goons to do that type of work." Serge asked.

"The person the young women encountered could have been lying, but she claimed to be Lisa Larson and fit her description, off course she could be someone who look like Larson or have been made to look like her, or Larson's men are stretched thin and she needed to get hands on, or for that matter she could have considered this important enough to warrant personal attention, in either case a picture of the woman they met might be useful...hum come to think about it Kyle have met Larson as well when the Nephandi tried to recruit him so getting a description from both him and Miss Olsen could be most useful."
The Security Chief said.

"You and Mr Roth Hicks should go and visit him together. Thank him for his help with the pictures. I'm sure he would appreciate that. Maybe show hims some fun magickal tricks that you'll be teaching him. " Serge suggested taking a glance back at Adley.

"If there is time that might be nice yes, and showing him something he will learn later might cheer him up, we are going to have to see if me and Adley will have the time at the same time to visit him together but at least I will try to drop in and see how the kid is doing later."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

Colin:

Colin pondered, then shook his head thoughtfully, "No, best not put any undue strain on her... she is the one who was captured by Mr. Karyak and his swordsmanship, is she not?

"That is correct he ran her through with his sword when he was part of the mission to rescue a group of Traditionalists from Nephandi captivity."
Jeffry confirmed.

I would prefer any such test be performed on someone in good health; perhaps someone with a more certain outlook. Ah, we're getting nowhere right now; let's consider the issue while I am off to the hospital."

"We can discuss it later yes for right now we do not have an idea option, the man who broke loose in the basement is not a suitable subject since he have a Phylactery Avatar. Diego is not going to consent and that leaves testing it on Kyle or Miss Clearwater as the only two Fallen we have access to who might possibly agree to it."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I doubt that we will get someone idea for this, so the question is more if it is worth testing or not."

He nodded, "Like looking someone up by name and birthdate, that sort of thing."

"In a way but that is more having a second connection to them I was more thinking about the intent behind it, there is allot of John Smiths but it is that particular John Smith you are trying to target and the name plus your intention is what helps you get the right one."
Kyle explained.

He smiled warmly, "There's nothing like it... With your Mentor's approval, perhaps you can come along for one of my regular flights. Need to keep my certifications current, after all."

"I would love that Sir, that would be so cool."
Kyle said and his eyes lit up at the thought.
"Could Serge come along as well I am sure he would love it to."
He asked.

He frowned, then nodded, "He was in charge of the ritual to... execute her old sentence. He had no emotions on display, but when Adley entered the room with evidence that her trial had gone against precedent, he immediately aborted the ritual and let us try to patch her up, to heal her Avatar... at which point nothing could have made him resume what was an improper sentence. He's not a good man, but a very absolute man; he is precisely what will give you the best defense."

"So he tried to do that...thing my father warned me about...to her...damn...shit that is horrible no wonder she is afraid of him...did it hurt her?"
Kyle asked his eyes where huge and terrified as he stared at you.
"Do you think he have...you know actually destroyed someone's magick organs before? I mean actually done it for if she he is fucking scary!"
The boy declared fearfully.

He smiled wryly, "She... lives in your soul, I suppose you could say. She is what allows you to reach the Quintessence pool of the world, and I think she might disapprove of being called a mere 'organ'."

"I think I get it...I mean the idea in the books my Dad had me read are very similar only they do not talk their connections to the magickal energy just sit there but it do live as a bit of spirit in their souls...so mine looks like a Japanese ghost woman, well sure why not...I am ok with that."
The young mage said and scratched his head.
"I will try not to call her an organ then."
He muttered.

He frowned, "I did not precisely travel back in time... You could liken it to future me standing with a flashlight, and shining a beam directly on present me to cast my shadow into the past.

"I see, well I can understand that, it makes sense."
The young widderslainte said and nodded at your explanation.

I... could not help her in the past, but I was able to retrieve the toy she'd tried to give me - it had become trapped under the Labyrinth stones for years, a little scuffed, but otherwise in good condition... and I was able to give it back to her. Her mother, though... I haven't been able to save her yet; the poor woman is long dead, but a chance to save her might yet be found in the future..."

"I see you are thinking about going back to the past to save her then Sir? Forgive me but that really sounds risky as hell."
Kyle muttered and he looked a bit doubtful.

He nodded, "Yes, I believe he is with that Tradition... as I understand it, his personal specialty is telepathy and empathy. He is a very good kid."

"Yeah he works with minds and he is really nice, we are going up to the library tomorrow to do some research."
Kyle said and smiled he clearly looked forward to that.

He nodded, "Mine is a little... special, I will allow that. However, some, especially those with a Primordial nature, can get quite active in your life. One I have encountered is fully manifested outside her Mage, appearing to the world as a woman in his company. Every Avatar is different, though there are some fairly common archetypes; ghosts, angels, demons, dragons, and so on... And yes, wizards in books often have it a bit easier."

"That is amazing...I wonder what mine want to tell me, though sometimes I feel that she just stands where to watch over me, I mean she looks scary, and dead and horrible but I am not afraid of her, she feels comforting."
Kyle said and smiled a bit fondly.
"As for books yeah they have it easier, then again they also seam unable to communicate I mean like seventy percent of the issues in the entire series would have been solved by book three if the characters just sat down and talked with one another for five minutes."
He said and rolled his eyes.
"Then again that...is not really that different from the real world really."

He nodded, "I will make sure of it, if so is the case."

"Then using a sedative is ok with me if such a mask have to be used."
Kyle agreed.

He frowned, "I'm sorry... I have seen so much nightmare fuel, especially this past weekend, that I'm getting jaded. I pray you never get to the same point... though, considering what I have seen, I'd say it is unlikely you ever will..."

"Yeah ehm...well I hope your are right Sir for I would not want to die from over mutating into some sort of monstrosity..."
The young mage muttered and he looked rather shook up at the thought of it.

He nodded, "I promise. At the very least, we'll give you a breather, let you calm down before another attempt is made. Or if you cannot, so be it..."

Kyle nodded and he seamed to calm down a little.
"Okey thank you then I think I should be able to do it no problem as long as I know I have the freedom to stop if I need to."
He said.

He nodded, "I'm sure your arms will be attempted first - but i will make sure your hands are not touched. The good doctor is an Akashic Brother - he's very technically good, even if he perhaps needs a little... hand-holding for his bedside manners."

"Thank you...as long as my hands are not touched I should be fine..."
Kyle said though he was still rather nervous.
"I have met Dr Lee if that is the one you are referring to, he gave me that shot this morning, he was nice enough, he said he wanted to have a look at the bruises I have gotten from them, see if he could do something about them."

He smiled slyly, holding up the pair of handcuffs, open and ready to clap around a wrist, "Hold out one arm. Just the one."

Kyle looked rather skeptical and scared but he did as you said and held out a thin hand, he was as grunt as Beatrice you see, it seamed that most Fallen you had seen that had been so for a while had looked somewhat unhealthy either being far to thin or far to plump, Anna though was an exception though pale she was pleasantly plump with a bit of baby fat on her but still very much healthy, well before she got shot at least. Beatrice to where healthy most Verbena was but she sure was skinny. The boy's skin looked rather unhealthy and pale as well.
"I do not understand Sir."
He said and gave the handcuffs a frightened glance.

He shrugged, "I honestly don't know much about Arto, but he was a warrior in a horrible war a thousand years ago; the Order of Hermes had what they called the Schism War, when one House called for war on another. It was an ugly business all over, and many who did not have to were killed over a political gambit..."

"Civil war in the Order of Hermes? That must have sucked and Arto was a part of this war then? Did he die in it?"
Kyle asked.

He nodded, "Yes, I suppose a Zelda game sounds about appropriate for that... There would be little point in showing it to you now, though - it needs blood to be activated, and I don't know how to do that... and the pine cone is quite particular about whose blood it will take, I fear."

"I guess then Sir that by blood you do not mean just bleeding on it for that is not really very hard. But yeah I can wait, you can show the magical pine cone to me later."
He said and smiled.

Adley:

"More training is useful, perhaps some bladework."

"I would be happy to, I might not be as good with a knife as Master Nassa but I can give you some lessons non the less."
Adjan agreed.

"Yes sir; I'm just...worried..."

"I know mea filius but the issue your Cabalmate have brought up do need to be examined and Dr Lee needs equipment found at a hospital to do that."

He looked up and smiled. "Thanks. I still feel bad that I didn't finish the last one," he said and picked it up and drank some of it, then balanced the cup with one hand as he wrote with the other.

"Don't worry about it, not being wasteful is a good trait mea filius but sometimes things happen."
Jeffry said and gave you a smile.
"I will retrieve the cup later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 am

"I would be happy to, I might not be as good with a knife as Master Nassa but I can give you some lessons non the less."
Adjan agreed.

"I think it would be prudent to learn from you."

"If there is time that might be nice yes, and showing him something he will learn later might cheer him up, we are going to have to see if me and Adley will have the time at the same time to visit him together but at least I will try to drop in and see how the kid is doing later."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

"I don't know any 'fun magickal tricks,'" he deadpanned, still without looking up from his writing. "I don't tend to use my magick in a frivolous manner though sometimes for enjoyable activities. Though more to the point, I wouldn't want to wave something in front of his face while he's disallowed his own magick use. But perhaps can discuss some of his future training prospects..."

"I know mea filius but the issue your Cabalmate have brought up do need to be examined and Dr Lee needs equipment found at a hospital to do that."

He nodded at that.

"Don't worry about it, not being wasteful is a good trait mea filius but sometimes things happen." Jeffry said and gave you a smile. "I will retrieve the cup later."

He smiled back then looked back down at his work, reading over where he left off. No point in discussing it wasn't just frugality; besides he had a lot to put down, though his mood seemed a bit less grumpy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next