Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 23 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:59 am

Anja's Post:

'Was wondering about that - a little surprised the building itself doesn't have it's own externals.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Okay - but we'll have to go past the cafeteria on the way. Need my coat; seriously doubt Boston does open carry.' tapping the butt of her pistol with a finger.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 23 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:22 am

Basement with Kyle:

"Yeah...not buying it. First of all we can say we are just going to stake them an then proceed to decapitate them, I assume that kills most things, set them on fire, ram a cactus up their asses or whatever else we might please, there would be no more reason for us to keep our words about just staking them than for us keeping our word about just using magick to restrain them. Secondly I know exactly what breaking my kneecaps will do to me but if I meet some supernatural asshole I do not know the capabilities of that give me the option of breaking my kneecaps or sealing me into a room with his powers, I am going with the second option."
Kyle said and scoffed.
"My earlier example still stand there are levels of bad so while they might be nervous around magick then A when the magick used did not harm them and did not hurt there is no reason for them to think re casting that magick to be worse than something that do hurt and are harmful even if they where originally nervous. B we would not have to use magick actually on the vampires, making an area effect around their room so they could not leave it and their powers would not work in it should do. Or we could create super powerful chains or something there is allot we could do that would not hurt them."
The young mage continued.

"I'm just spitballing reasons. Never said they were good reasons. I agree with what your saying, magick seemed like the better option. It provides options and versatility but for now their's not much we can do about it. All we can do is trust the Security Chief's judgement." Serge said with a shrug not wanting to argue a point he didn't even agree with.

"Perhaps you should ask Master Morgan the next time you see him. he might be able to provide you with a better answer." Serge suggested.

Office:

"The person the young women encountered could have been lying, but she claimed to be Lisa Larson and fit her description, off course she could be someone who look like Larson or have been made to look like her, or Larson's men are stretched thin and she needed to get hands on, or for that matter she could have considered this important enough to warrant personal attention, in either case a picture of the woman they met might be useful...hum come to think about it Kyle have met Larson as well when the Nephandi tried to recruit him so getting a description from both him and Miss Olsen could be most useful."
The Security Chief said.

"That's sounds like a good idea. I'll go speak to Kyle when I can but first I'll go and get those descriptions right now. Do you know where Miss Olsen is right now?" Serge asked.

"If there is time that might be nice yes, and showing him something he will learn later might cheer him up, we are going to have to see if me and Adley will have the time at the same time to visit him together but at least I will try to drop in and see how the kid is doing later."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

Adley wrote:"I don't know any 'fun magickal tricks,'" he deadpanned, still without looking up from his writing. "I don't tend to use my magick in a frivolous manner though sometimes for enjoyable activities. Though more to the point, I wouldn't want to wave something in front of his face while he's disallowed his own magick use. But perhaps can discuss some of his future training prospects..."

Serge seemed taken aback by the deadpanned response, not expecting Adley to jump in. "Well then...I guess you could do some enjoyable activities with him. And he definitely likes to talk about different types of magick. His pyromancy, my mind magick, and other weird topics like entering dreams."

"And he doesn't seem to mind having magick done in front of him. I showed him one of my magickal tricks when I was sent to cheer him up and he seemed to enjoy it." Serge said remembering the ink blots he had shown to Kyle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:34 am

"That is correct he ran her through with his sword when he was part of the mission to rescue a group of Traditionalists from Nephandi captivity."
Jeffry confirmed.
Colin frowned, "Hm, he rescued miss Birmar's Mentor and Lady Ceris' ward at that time, did he not? I might want a word with them before we head out to the Labyrinth..."

"We can discuss it later yes for right now we do not have an idea option, the man who broke loose in the basement is not a suitable subject since he have a Phylactery Avatar. Diego is not going to consent and that leaves testing it on Kyle or Miss Clearwater as the only two Fallen we have access to who might possibly agree to it."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I doubt that we will get someone idea for this, so the question is more if it is worth testing or not."
He nodded, "I will think about whether or not it seems appropriate to ask one of the two, then..."

"In a way but that is more having a second connection to them I was more thinking about the intent behind it, there is allot of John Smiths but it is that particular John Smith you are trying to target and the name plus your intention is what helps you get the right one."
Kyle explained.
He nodded, "All the same, trying to use someone's name seems like... a fairly flimsy sympathetic link to begin with. Ah, it does not matter - Hermetics think it's powerful, and I'm not about to dispute their results or experience in the matter."

"I would love that Sir, that would be so cool."
Kyle said and his eyes lit up at the thought.
"Could Serge come along as well I am sure he would love it to."
He asked.
He nodded, "There's usually a couple of spare seats, depending on the model of helicopter. Company could be nice."

"So he tried to do that...thing my father warned me about...to her...damn...shit that is horrible no wonder she is afraid of him...did it hurt her?"
Kyle asked his eyes where huge and terrified as he stared at you.
"Do you think he have...you know actually destroyed someone's magick organs before? I mean actually done it for if she he is fucking scary!"
The boy declared fearfully.
He nodded slowly, "That... is a large part of why he is so cold, actually - what you do with your magic leaves its mark on you, just as surely as it leaves its mark on what you use it on. It is part of why Master Morgan affects the temperature around him; he has used fire and fury so much, it is part of him. In the same manner, Master Tolle has used his magic to perform the coldest, most ruthless ritual there is so often that he has become cold, ruthless, insensitive... appeal to his emotion, and you will get nowhere with him, but frame a request within the letter of the law, and he can force your opponents to bend over backwards for you. Most Magi, once they hit a certain level of power, can be fucking scary when they get serious - Master Steelhaven, for example, is a kindly man with six centuries behind him, and I don't think i have ever seen him truly angry. He could probably erase my mind back to infancy in the time it would take me to try to fling a single prime bolt at him, but for the fact that he has dedicated himself to compassion more than the ruthless pursuit of results."
He smiled thinly, gesturing to his face, "In fact, I owe him a debt I can never quite repay, I think - when I came here, I was suffering bad PTSD, if you know what that is. Loud noises and people could drive me into a cold sweat, bright flashes of light could trigger my fight-or-flight instincts, but he managed to seal off or cut away the most painful, emotional impact of my... moment of Awakening, which was when I took a Stinger missile to the face, and allowed me to remember it in every detail... but now it feels more like watching a movie than remembering it happen to me. There are figurative ghosts haunting me, of course - most soldiers who have killed on the battlefield have those - and there are other... reasons I might wake up ill at ease, and I am still not fond of crowds, but I function, thrive even."

"I think I get it...I mean the idea in the books my Dad had me read are very similar only they do not talk their connections to the magickal energy just sit there but it do live as a bit of spirit in their souls...so mine looks like a Japanese ghost woman, well sure why not...I am ok with that."
The young mage said and scratched his head.
"I will try not to call her an organ then."
He muttered.
He smiled thinly, "I think she will approve of that. Who knows, if you try talking to her in your dreams one night, she might answer."

"I see you are thinking about going back to the past to save her then Sir? Forgive me but that really sounds risky as hell."
Kyle muttered and he looked a bit doubtful.
He nodded, "Oh, make no mistake; such an attempt is easily years, even decades away - I have a few ideas for how to mitigate the impact on the timeline; splitting the second before she dies from torture and swapping her with a lifeless simulacrum, that sort of thing. I am nowhere near the level of skill necessary to pull that off, though..."

"Yeah he works with minds and he is really nice, we are going up to the library tomorrow to do some research."
Kyle said and smiled he clearly looked forward to that.
He nodded sagely, "I think you will like the library."

"That is amazing...I wonder what mine want to tell me, though sometimes I feel that she just stands where to watch over me, I mean she looks scary, and dead and horrible but I am not afraid of her, she feels comforting."
Kyle said and smiled a bit fondly.
"As for books yeah they have it easier, then again they also seam unable to communicate I mean like seventy percent of the issues in the entire series would have been solved by book three if the characters just sat down and talked with one another for five minutes."
He said and rolled his eyes.
"Then again that...is not really that different from the real world really."
He nodded, "She is part of you; a symbiosis where you guide and teach one another... and yes, most problems in reality and fiction could be resolved in minutes if the relevant people could just get their respective sticks out and talk things out..."

"Yeah ehm...well I hope your are right Sir for I would not want to die from over mutating into some sort of monstrosity..."
The young mage muttered and he looked rather shook up at the thought of it.
He smiled thinly, "Unless you plan on going out in front of twenty people who don't believe in magic and start rapid-firing fireballs from your bare hands or anything like that, I think you'll be fine."

Kyle nodded and he seamed to calm down a little.
"Okey thank you then I think I should be able to do it no problem as long as I know I have the freedom to stop if I need to."
He said.
He smiled thinly, "On that note, I would appreciate you not bringing up needles or brains around my apprentice. She has had some... bad experiences, owing to a bad decision on her former Mentor's part - she's got a nasty phobia, one which will take years to get under control... but she will."

"Thank you...as long as my hands are not touched I should be fine..."
Kyle said though he was still rather nervous.
"I have met Dr Lee if that is the one you are referring to, he gave me that shot this morning, he was nice enough, he said he wanted to have a look at the bruises I have gotten from them, see if he could do something about them."
He nodded, "I expect he can provide you a suitable ointment or similar, help you heal up just fine."

Kyle looked rather skeptical and scared but he did as you said and held out a thin hand, he was as grunt as Beatrice you see, it seamed that most Fallen you had seen that had been so for a while had looked somewhat unhealthy either being far to thin or far to plump, Anna though was an exception though pale she was pleasantly plump with a bit of baby fat on her but still very much healthy, well before she got shot at least. Beatrice to where healthy most Verbena was but she sure was skinny. The boy's skin looked rather unhealthy and pale as well.
"I do not understand Sir."
He said and gave the handcuffs a frightened glance.
He winked slyly at Kyle and snapped both cuffs shut around his wrist - not so tight as to be uncomfortable, just enough that he'd have to make an effort to get them past his thumb, "There... I might catch hell from Chief Morgan for this later, but this will constitute following his orders to the letter... even if I did circumvent the spirit for the sake of reaching the objective of his orders... I'll have to hold on to the chain, though, for formality's sake."

"Civil war in the Order of Hermes? That must have sucked and Arto was a part of this war then? Did he die in it?"
Kyle asked.
He nodded, "He did, but like I said, that was a long time ago, and the House that instigated the war is no more..."

"I guess then Sir that by blood you do not mean just bleeding on it for that is not really very hard. But yeah I can wait, you can show the magical pine cone to me later."
He said and smiled.
He nodded, "It's a rote called Heart's Blood - turning your own life into Quintessence. I don't know how to do that, and the ones who do and who can use the pine cone are... not presently in a condition to do so safely. I hope to learn the trick, but I might have some difficulty with the underlying theory. In its place, I've figured out how to draw Quintessence out of other external sources, without drawing it through myself - very useful for dealing with Resonated Quintessence, though it can look... very influenced by whatever sort of Tass or other Quintessence source I use."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:48 am

Adley:

"I think it would be prudent to learn from you."

"It seams to me we have a deal then my friend, i attend you lessons in Greek and in return I instruct you in wielding a knife."
Adjan said and smiled.

"I don't know any 'fun magickal tricks,'" he deadpanned, still without looking up from his writing. "I don't tend to use my magick in a frivolous manner though sometimes for enjoyable activities. Though more to the point, I wouldn't want to wave something in front of his face while he's disallowed his own magick use. But perhaps can discuss some of his future training prospects..."

"He might be encouraged by seeing what he will learn but I agree with being careful with how and when one use magick and this will be doubly important for Kyle due to what he is, he will be damaged much more by paradox than the rest of us. As to how he will react to seeing magick when he is kept from it, well since this is temporary I would suspect it is not a big problem, but yes being restrictive in how such Ars are used and to treat it as a powerful and useful tool and a path to enlightenment rather than a toy is important."
Jeffry said approvingly.

Nicole:

'Was wondering about that - a little surprised the building itself doesn't have it's own externals.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Okay - but we'll have to go past the cafeteria on the way. Need my coat; seriously doubt Boston does open carry.' tapping the butt of her pistol with a finger.

"I have some eyes and ears around but one have to be careful so one do not step on the privacy of the residents and guests."
Narim said then he nodded.
"The cafeteria it is then Miss. I would not know about the armament laws locally actually as I have never wielded such a weapon but I suspect you are right and besides covering the weapon will attract far less attention."
He said then nodded towards the cafeteria.
"After you then Miss."

Serge:

"I'm just spitballing reasons. Never said they were good reasons. I agree with what your saying, magick seemed like the better option. It provides options and versatility but for now their's not much we can do about it. All we can do is trust the Security Chief's judgement." Serge said with a shrug not wanting to argue a point he didn't even agree with.

"Well Master Morgan might know something about vampires that I do not which can explain why such caution had to be taken."
Kyle mushed.
"But as it stands I do not agree with treating them this way they think and feel like the rest of us, we should be kinder to them."

"Perhaps you should ask Master Morgan the next time you see him. he might be able to provide you with a better answer." Serge suggested.

"I might indeed do just that."
The young mage said and nodded in agreement.

"That's sounds like a good idea. I'll go speak to Kyle when I can but first I'll go and get those descriptions right now. Do you know where Miss Olsen is right now?" Serge asked.

"Very well thank you Mr Yager. The last I saw Miss Olsen she was in the cafeteria."
Jeffry said and nodded in that direction.

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Hm, he rescued miss Birmar's Mentor and Lady Ceris' ward at that time, did he not? I might want a word with them before we head out to the Labyrinth..."

"He and the team he was with did rescue them yes. The young Marauder is in the basement with Lady Ceris but Miss Birmar and her Mentor have been taken back to their Chantry, it is not far out of Boston but reaching them before the fight might be an issue unless it was of utmost importance to talk with them. The old Etherite needed the peace and quiet of his own home to recuperate and as for his student we just have to many prisoners to mind, it was better her own Chantry take care of her until formal charges can be brought against her."
Jeffry explained.
"One of the Spirit Masters that came for Miss Alexander where rescued as well though and he might still be here."

He nodded, "I will think about whether or not it seems appropriate to ask one of the two, then..."

The old war mage nodded at that.
"Very well then."

He nodded, "All the same, trying to use someone's name seems like... a fairly flimsy sympathetic link to begin with. Ah, it does not matter - Hermetics think it's powerful, and I'm not about to dispute their results or experience in the matter."

"A name is how you find one file among millions on a computer."
Kyle protested.
"It is an important part of something's identity, but yes how someone think about it might be very important in whatever or not it will work for them."

He nodded, "There's usually a couple of spare seats, depending on the model of helicopter. Company could be nice."

"That would be awesome Sir...I will ask my new Mentor thank you."
Kyle said happily.

He nodded slowly, "That... is a large part of why he is so cold, actually - what you do with your magic leaves its mark on you, just as surely as it leaves its mark on what you use it on. It is part of why Master Morgan affects the temperature around him; he has used fire and fury so much, it is part of him. In the same manner, Master Tolle has used his magic to perform the coldest, most ruthless ritual there is so often that he has become cold, ruthless, insensitive... appeal to his emotion, and you will get nowhere with him, but frame a request within the letter of the law, and he can force your opponents to bend over backwards for you.

"Oh fuck...I am going to literary piss myself meeting that guy."
Kyle said and he looked like he might do just that.
"That is horrible. I...would not even know what to say to someone who had done the thing my father have warned me about my entire life, fear the Traditions, learn how to kill yourself with just about anything around just in case one of them get you or this thing here will happen and this dude have done it...several times. I...am not sure I would dare to talk to him!"
The boy said nervously.

Most Magi, once they hit a certain level of power, can be fucking scary when they get serious - Master Steelhaven, for example, is a kindly man with six centuries behind him, and I don't think i have ever seen him truly angry. He could probably erase my mind back to infancy in the time it would take me to try to fling a single prime bolt at him, but for the fact that he has dedicated himself to compassion more than the ruthless pursuit of results."

"Yes but there is scary and then there is oh fuck, oh fuck I think I just shit myself kind of scary. I mean having one's mind erased that is bad, horrifying but ending up like my Dad says I will if that demagicking thing happens to me that is far, far worse."
He muttered.
"So yeah I am sure Master Morgan could turn me to coal with a flick of his finger if he wanted to but I mean I know he would never do it. I have not met Master Steelhaven but probably the same thing but this soul destroying Vulcan you describe my future lawyer to be, damn that is fucking creepy!"

He smiled thinly, gesturing to his face, "In fact, I owe him a debt I can never quite repay, I think - when I came here, I was suffering bad PTSD, if you know what that is. Loud noises and people could drive me into a cold sweat, bright flashes of light could trigger my fight-or-flight instincts, but he managed to seal off or cut away the most painful, emotional impact of my... moment of Awakening, which was when I took a Stinger missile to the face, and allowed me to remember it in every detail... but now it feels more like watching a movie than remembering it happen to me. There are figurative ghosts haunting me, of course - most soldiers who have killed on the battlefield have those - and there are other... reasons I might wake up ill at ease, and I am still not fond of crowds, but I function, thrive even."

"I know that PTSD is Sir, it do not sound fun to have at all I am glad Master Steelhaven was able to help you he do sound like a great guy I hope I get to meet him."
Kyle said and smiled then he looked at you for a moment.
"You where hit by a real, actual rocket Sir? The things that explode?"
He said.
"How did you manage to survive that if you don't mind me asking?"

He smiled thinly, "I think she will approve of that. Who knows, if you try talking to her in your dreams one night, she might answer."

"I will try that...hum might be interesting."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do wonder what she might say..."

He nodded, "Oh, make no mistake; such an attempt is easily years, even decades away - I have a few ideas for how to mitigate the impact on the timeline; splitting the second before she dies from torture and swapping her with a lifeless simulacrum, that sort of thing. I am nowhere near the level of skill necessary to pull that off, though..."

"That is awesome...good luck with that Sir."
The young mage said and smiled.

He nodded sagely, "I think you will like the library."

"I think I will Sir...talking about books, thank you for the ones you brought me they where good."
He said and nodded to the small pile of books on his night stand.

He nodded, "She is part of you; a symbiosis where you guide and teach one another... and yes, most problems in reality and fiction could be resolved in minutes if the relevant people could just get their respective sticks out and talk things out..."

"Hum...well I guess I am going to have listen then and see if she have something to say."
Kyle said then he nodded.
"Yeah and not to mention actually telling one's allies about important shit that is happening instead of everyone moving on misunderstandings."
He said and grinned.

He smiled thinly, "Unless you plan on going out in front of twenty people who don't believe in magic and start rapid-firing fireballs from your bare hands or anything like that, I think you'll be fine."

"It is not on my to do list."
Kyle said and he seamed a little relieved.

He smiled thinly, "On that note, I would appreciate you not bringing up needles or brains around my apprentice. She has had some... bad experiences, owing to a bad decision on her former Mentor's part - she's got a nasty phobia, one which will take years to get under control... but she will."

"Yeah sure I can avoid talking about that, needles suck anyway and brains well can just be left alone to do their thing to their pink little delight."
Kyle said and smiled.
"I hope she gets better though."

He nodded, "I expect he can provide you a suitable ointment or similar, help you heal up just fine."

"Yeah he said he had some stuff he would use to get the bruising to go down."
The young mage said and he nodded in agreement.

He winked slyly at Kyle and snapped both cuffs shut around his wrist - not so tight as to be uncomfortable, just enough that he'd have to make an effort to get them past his thumb, "There... I might catch hell from Chief Morgan for this later, but this will constitute following his orders to the letter... even if I did circumvent the spirit for the sake of reaching the objective of his orders... I'll have to hold on to the chain, though, for formality's sake."

Kyle looked rather surprised he rattled the cuffs on his wrist for a moment then he smiled.
"Thank you Sir...holding onto the chain should be fine."
He said and again he seamed to be rather relived and color returned to his face, well some color he was always rather pale.

He nodded, "He did, but like I said, that was a long time ago, and the House that instigated the war is no more..."

"I see...hum well past life stuff is interesting. I have to read up on that a bit then."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do wonder what this Arto was like."

He nodded, "It's a rote called Heart's Blood - turning your own life into Quintessence. I don't know how to do that, and the ones who do and who can use the pine cone are... not presently in a condition to do so safely. I hope to learn the trick, but I might have some difficulty with the underlying theory. In its place, I've figured out how to draw Quintessence out of other external sources, without drawing it through myself - very useful for dealing with Resonated Quintessence, though it can look... very influenced by whatever sort of Tass or other Quintessence source I use."

The young widderslainte looked interested.
"Both of those spells sounds really useful Sir. I do wonder if I will get a chance to learn them at some point."
He muttered.
"Well in any regard I am ready to go if you are, it is best to get this shit over with."
He said wryly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:33 am

Anja's Post:

'Rule of thumb; the more Republicans and Bibles you see in a place, the looser the guns laws are. Which means here in New England, it's gonna be harsh.' Nicole replied, starting towards the cafeteria. 'But if I'm picked up by the law, a concealed weapon will be the least of my troubles. Does this place have a policy or something for that type of thing?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:44 am

"I see I have been wondered why to some religion and weapons go hand in hand."
Narim said and he raised an eyebrow.
"A policy for what? If you got yourself into trouble with sleeper law? Not as such but something have to be done to free a arrested mage before they end up in Technocracy hands the Deacon Council would not be please though if such measures had to be undertaken, we are expected to show a bit of restraint."
Narim said as he followed you to the cafeteria, the large room had mostly been cleared out now with everyone going back to whatever they where doing before the attack. Your coat where still there where you had left it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

Anja's Post:

'Don't look at me - I've not got a clue why, me.' she said with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Don't know about the local police here, but back in Detroit they were very happy about doing the old "step out of the vehicle" thing for no real reason. Now and then, they were so taken by you they'd put a few wraps or the like in your glovebox or pocket so you could enjoy their company longer.' tone making it clear she'd encountered it herself at least once. 'If this happens again, who do I call? The Chief?'

On reaching the cafeteria, Nicole shook out her leather jacket, slipped it on, did a little adjusting so the shoulder-holster wasn't obvious then did a "I'm ready" nod to Narim.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am

'Don't look at me - I've not got a clue why, me.' she said with a shrug.

"I suspect it might have to do with the difference between religion and spirituality where a spiritual belief and the kind of people attracted to each but I really would not know."
Narim said and he sigh.
"It is kind of sad though."

'Don't know about the local police here, but back in Detroit they were very happy about doing the old "step out of the vehicle" thing for no real reason. Now and then, they were so taken by you they'd put a few wraps or the like in your glovebox or pocket so you could enjoy their company longer.' tone making it clear she'd encountered it herself at least once. 'If this happens again, who do I call? The Chief?'

"I guess some law enforcement officers get drunk on their own power just like some of our own Enforcers do at times, however yes if you ever find yourself in trouble you may call the Chief, or me I might be able to help as well and are usually the one employed to actually get someone out of trouble if just getting them a lawyer will not do the trick."
The Virtual Adept said.

On reaching the cafeteria, Nicole shook out her leather jacket, slipped it on, did a little adjusting so the shoulder-holster wasn't obvious then did a "I'm ready" nod to Narim.

"This way then Miss."
Narim said as he walked out the front door and went to the spot where the woman had been seen from the attic window, this was right next to another apartment building with a small book store on the other side of the street. The Virtual Adept pulled his phone out of his pocket and started tapping at it.
"Hum..."
He muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am

"He and the team he was with did rescue them yes. The young Marauder is in the basement with Lady Ceris but Miss Birmar and her Mentor have been taken back to their Chantry, it is not far out of Boston but reaching them before the fight might be an issue unless it was of utmost importance to talk with them. The old Etherite needed the peace and quiet of his own home to recuperate and as for his student we just have to many prisoners to mind, it was better her own Chantry take care of her until formal charges can be brought against her."
Jeffry explained.
"One of the Spirit Masters that came for Miss Alexander where rescued as well though and he might still be here."
Colin nodded, then frowned, "I hope miss Birmar will receive a light punishment for her actions, all things considered..."

"A name is how you find one file among millions on a computer."
Kyle protested.
"It is an important part of something's identity, but yes how someone think about it might be very important in whatever or not it will work for them."
He nodded, "The name is important, true - but you need more identifiers. I have no idea how many readme.txt files there are on my computer - but there are many."

"That would be awesome Sir...I will ask my new Mentor thank you."
Kyle said happily.
He grinned, "Just keep in mind it may be a few months off yet."

"Oh fuck...I am going to literary piss myself meeting that guy."
Kyle said and he looked like he might do just that.
"That is horrible. I...would not even know what to say to someone who had done the thing my father have warned me about my entire life, fear the Traditions, learn how to kill yourself with just about anything around just in case one of them get you or this thing here will happen and this dude have done it...several times. I...am not sure I would dare to talk to him!"
The boy said nervously.
He shrugged, "I don't know how directly intimidating he will be. He has no emotional investment, no reason to like or dislike you, really. I got the impression that whether someone is good or evil is irrelevant to him, so long as they follow the law. But yes, I would probably want to recommend a bathroom break before meeting him, just in case."

"Yes but there is scary and then there is oh fuck, oh fuck I think I just shit myself kind of scary. I mean having one's mind erased that is bad, horrifying but ending up like my Dad says I will if that demagicking thing happens to me that is far, far worse."
He muttered.
"So yeah I am sure Master Morgan could turn me to coal with a flick of his finger if he wanted to but I mean I know he would never do it. I have not met Master Steelhaven but probably the same thing but this soul destroying Vulcan you describe my future lawyer to be, damn that is fucking creepy!"
He nodded, "Soul destroying Vulcan doesn't accurately describe Master Tolle, though. He's more like a Cyberman, really... Hum, you might not get that reference. Try to picture a Commander Data without the comic relief aspect - that's a bit closer."

"I know that PTSD is Sir, it do not sound fun to have at all I am glad Master Steelhaven was able to help you he do sound like a great guy I hope I get to meet him."
Kyle said and smiled then he looked at you for a moment.
"You where hit by a real, actual rocket Sir? The things that explode?"
He said.
"How did you manage to survive that if you don't mind me asking?"
He nodded, "I think you will like him - and vice versa. As for the rocket, yes, a real, actual military surface-to-air missile. I was in a helicopter at the time, and the only things that protected my eyes and brain were the helmet and the windshield."
He traced the scarring, "I have... scars on my skull from the windshield fragments and the fireball, but I was rushed to surgery after successfully making an emergency landing. Well, technically, I was unconscious at the time, and my Avatar woke up and took over. Without her... I would not have made it. In any case, the surgeon was a master, and managed to prevent most of the looming nerve damage, and even managed to stitch together my face so that I still have a full range of expression, albeit a little stiff yet."

"I will try that...hum might be interesting."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do wonder what she might say..."
He smiled, "That is for you to find out."

"I think I will Sir...talking about books, thank you for the ones you brought me they where good."
He said and nodded to the small pile of books on his night stand.
He arched an eyebrow at the pile, "Were? You've finished them all already? Good heavens, I might have to lend you some Fantasy to tide you over until a new supply run can be made."

"Hum...well I guess I am going to have listen then and see if she have something to say."
"Yeah and not to mention actually telling one's allies about important shit that is happening instead of everyone moving on misunderstandings."
He said and grinned.
He smiled wryly, "Now, now, compartmentalized information and need-to-know can be highly useful tools - but one must still make sure that everyone operates on the same wavelength, as it were."

"It is not on my to do list."
Kyle said and he seamed a little relieved.
He nodded, "You should be fine. Just remember that the flashier the magic, the more the Scourge will take an interest, and you don't want that. Also, if Sleepers see it, that's going to sting - or merely sting worse."

"Yeah sure I can avoid talking about that, needles suck anyway and brains well can just be left alone to do their thing to their pink little delight."
Kyle said and smiled.
"I hope she gets better though."
He nodded, "I am confident she will pull through magnificently."

Kyle looked rather surprised he rattled the cuffs on his wrist for a moment then he smiled.
"Thank you Sir...holding onto the chain should be fine."
He said and again he seamed to be rather relived and color returned to his face, well some color he was always rather pale.
He sighed, "Just so long as you're aware I probably just earned myself a few months of silverware polishing for this..."

"I see...hum well past life stuff is interesting. I have to read up on that a bit then."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do wonder what this Arto was like."
He shrugged slightly, "I never knew him, but he seemed... solid. Dependable. A credit to his Mentor."

The young widderslainte looked interested.
"Both of those spells sounds really useful Sir. I do wonder if I will get a chance to learn them at some point."
He muttered.
"Well in any regard I am ready to go if you are, it is best to get this shit over with."
He said wryly.
He grinned, "While I can't speak for Heart's Blood, teaching you my little trick should not be a problem. I need to get some paperwork on it done first, though, and perhaps it would be best from a practical standpoint for me to teach Chief Morgan first, so he can teach you."
He nodded, "Yes, let's go."
He stood up and looped two fingers into the chain on the handcuffs, offering his other hand to help Kyle to his feet, "We should be meeting the others in the cafeteria, I expect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

Anja's Post:

A wry raising of the eyebrow at this comment; Nicole looked like she had much to say on this topic, but simply stuck to the critical part.

'I will always fail a full search. When that time comes you'll need to move fast. And come with something which can screw around with memories too, if you can. It's bound to happen sooner or later.'

Anja's Post:

Once outside, Nicole's demenour changed; alert, wary, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, then frowned, "I hope miss Birmar will receive a light punishment for her actions, all things considered..."

"I think it is likely that she will, no harm actually happened, there will be some sort of punishment but I do not think it will be severe after all she was deceived."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He nodded, "The name is important, true - but you need more identifiers. I have no idea how many readme.txt files there are on my computer - but there are many."

"True but here we have a computer who knows which folder you mean if you think about it as long as you know it's name Sir."
Kyle said and grinned.

He grinned, "Just keep in mind it may be a few months off yet."

"Yeah sure that is ok I can be patient."
The boy said and smiled happily.

He shrugged, "I don't know how directly intimidating he will be. He has no emotional investment, no reason to like or dislike you, really. I got the impression that whether someone is good or evil is irrelevant to him, so long as they follow the law. But yes, I would probably want to recommend a bathroom break before meeting him, just in case."

"I think someone who just outright hate my guts would be better than someone who are just cold like that but hell if he can save my magick like I said I will take it...but yes bathroom break, definitively bathroom break first."
Kyle muttered glumly.

He nodded, "Soul destroying Vulcan doesn't accurately describe Master Tolle, though. He's more like a Cyberman, really... Hum, you might not get that reference. Try to picture a Commander Data without the comic relief aspect - that's a bit closer."

"Commander Data I get the reference to Sir but Cybermen what are those?"
The young mage asked.
"Well the guy is scary no matter who he resemble."

He nodded, "I think you will like him - and vice versa.

"I hope so Sir."

As for the rocket, yes, a real, actual military surface-to-air missile. I was in a helicopter at the time, and the only things that protected my eyes and brain were the helmet and the windshield."
He traced the scarring, "I have... scars on my skull from the windshield fragments and the fireball, but I was rushed to surgery after successfully making an emergency landing. Well, technically, I was unconscious at the time, and my Avatar woke up and took over. Without her... I would not have made it. In any case, the surgeon was a master, and managed to prevent most of the looming nerve damage, and even managed to stitch together my face so that I still have a full range of expression, albeit a little stiff yet."

"That must have been terrifying Sir."
Kyle said.
"You have scars on your skull...do you feel them do they hurt?"
He asked wide eyed then he looked down.
"Sorry I did not mean to pry...it was lucky you Awakened then Sir...I am glad your Avatar saved you I did not know they could do that."

He smiled, "That is for you to find out."

"I would not even know what to say to her..."
the young mage said.
"Is she like a girl...you know...complicated?"
He asked and smiled nervously.

He arched an eyebrow at the pile, "Were? You've finished them all already? Good heavens, I might have to lend you some Fantasy to tide you over until a new supply run can be made."

"I have about fifty pages left of Zeroboxer I have read the rest. I do sort of devour books, at least simple fiction and such."
Kyle said and he looked a bit embarrassed.
"I would love to borrow a few more books though Sir."

He smiled wryly, "Now, now, compartmentalized information and need-to-know can be highly useful tools - but one must still make sure that everyone operates on the same wavelength, as it were."

"Yeah I agree anything else just turn into a mess."
The young mage agreed.

He nodded, "You should be fine. Just remember that the flashier the magic, the more the Scourge will take an interest, and you don't want that. Also, if Sleepers see it, that's going to sting - or merely sting worse."

"I have learned to be more careful lately Sir it was harder when I was little but I have more self control now."
"And that is probably why I was sick allot as a kid."

He nodded, "I am confident she will pull through magnificently."

"That is good to hear if she and I are going to be friends you know."
He said and smiled.

He sighed, "Just so long as you're aware I probably just earned myself a few months of silverware polishing for this..."

"I appreciate it Sir...I owe you one and I did not mean to get you into trouble."
Kyle said and he sounded a bit regretful about it.

He shrugged slightly, "I never knew him, but he seemed... solid. Dependable. A credit to his Mentor."

"That is good then if I am his reincarnation...I wonder if the Order of Hermes have any records mentioning him."
The young widderslainte said now suddenly interested.
"Was he the one who became a Nephandus? Someone did once right one of my former incarnations?"

He grinned, "While I can't speak for Heart's Blood, teaching you my little trick should not be a problem. I need to get some paperwork on it done first, though, and perhaps it would be best from a practical standpoint for me to teach Chief Morgan first, so he can teach you."

"Ok that sounds good Sir I am sure my new Mentor would like to learn hat rote as well."

He nodded, "Yes, let's go."
He stood up and looped two fingers into the chain on the handcuffs, offering his other hand to help Kyle to his feet, "We should be meeting the others in the cafeteria, I expect."

Kyle nodded and he hesitated for awhile before he took you hand and let you help him up.
"I do not like having my hands touched but I force myself to shake hands and such so that the fear will not just eat more and more, for fear will do that if you let it run rampant and do as it pleases."
He said.
"Ok lead the way Mr Wainwright where is the cafeteria? I have not seen much of the Chantry."

Nicole:

A wry raising of the eyebrow at this comment; Nicole looked like she had much to say on this topic, but simply stuck to the critical part.

"I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this if you wish to say something."
Narim said politely and he raised an eyebrow at you.
"I am a Master of Correspondence if someone needs plucked out of a dangerous situation the Chantry usually turn to me."
He said and smiled a little.

'I will always fail a full search. When that time comes you'll need to move fast. And come with something which can screw around with memories too, if you can. It's bound to happen sooner or later.'

"Bound to happen Miss? Ehm do you get arrested allot? And I am sure most here would be reluctant to invade the minds of sleepers, doing so is a cruelty in many ways. It is better than you avoid the attention of the police."
The Virtual Adept said softly.

Once outside, Nicole's demenour changed; alert, wary, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

"We need to go around the corner...there is a store there that might have a camera if so I might be able to get a proper picture of our target."
Narim said as he started to walk in that direction, he was calm but also clearly alert and holding onto his phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well... if you really want to hear it...' Nicole said, gesturing with her hands. 'I have no faith in the police of being fair, or following their own laws. That shooting in Ferguson last year? Happens all the time. They're less a police force, but an army. They don't need a reason - suspicion is reason for them.'

'If you look "like trouble" in the cop's head, they'll harass you soon enough. And I tick enough boxes for this. Simply giving you a heads up that soon enough it'll happen.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded and followed, keeping watch all the while.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:42 pm

"Well Master Morgan might know something about vampires that I do not which can explain why such caution had to be taken."
Kyle mushed.
"But as it stands I do not agree with treating them this way they think and feel like the rest of us, we should be kinder to them."

"I doubt they feel the same way as the rest of us. I'm pretty sure bullets feel like bee stings to them and they can regenerate their wounds in seconds." Serge said remembering his encounter with the vampires.

"But your right they are just like us. I've talked to them. I'm the one who brought them out of their frenzy. I know they're nice people. It's unfortunate they had to get caught up in our war." Serge said with a frown.

"Very well thank you Mr Yager. The last I saw Miss Olsen she was in the cafeteria."
Jeffry said and nodded in that direction.

"Then I"ll be off to meet my cousin." Serge said with a polite nod as he turned and began to exit the office.

As he past by Adley his head turned back and he looked over the tired Hermetic. "Oh right you wanted a word with me." Serge said nervously.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar fixing)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm

"I think it is likely that she will, no harm actually happened, there will be some sort of punishment but I do not think it will be severe after all she was deceived."
Jeffry said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Deceived and coerced. I'm glad I was able to disarm her, rather than... anything more drastic."

"True but here we have a computer who knows which folder you mean if you think about it as long as you know it's name Sir."
Kyle said and grinned.
He nodded sagely, "I might not agree entirely on the accuracy of the simile - but i see where it's coming from. It is workable, at the very least."

"I think someone who just outright hate my guts would be better than someone who are just cold like that but hell if he can save my magick like I said I will take it...but yes bathroom break, definitively bathroom break first."
Kyle muttered glumly.
He shook his head, "No, I think someone who outright hates your guts will be worse. Master Tolle will play scrupulously fair - there will be no dirty trick or hidden maneuvers unless justice requires a measure of subtlety to secure evidence. There are more... passionate Quaesitors who will try dirty tricks, and those can be far more dangerous, more insidious. Liken him to a massive, imposing pillar - he will never move or budge, but he can provide shelter and shade to protect you."

"Commander Data I get the reference to Sir but Cybermen what are those?"
The young mage asked.
"Well the guy is scary no matter who he resemble."
He smiled, "Cybermen are from Doctor Who. They used to be human, but they have surgically replaced the weaknesses of the flesh with machinery, and severed their own emotions to shield themselves from the pain of realizing what they've done. Actually, not entirely unlike those... er, what is the name of that Star Trek cyborg race again? The ones who assimilate everyone?"

"That must have been terrifying Sir."
Kyle said.
"You have scars on your skull...do you feel them do they hurt?"
He asked wide eyed then he looked down.
"Sorry I did not mean to pry...it was lucky you Awakened then Sir...I am glad your Avatar saved you I did not know they could do that."
He nodded simply, "Quite alright, but not everyone is so... scabbed over, to put it like that. They don't really hurt - there are no jagged edges, just lines that match the scars in my skin, etched into the cranium. And it was not all that terrifying at the time - I passed out too quickly - but the following years, when my mind replayed it in slow motion... I was not in a healthy state of mind then. And Avatars don't often intervene directly like that, but mine... she's a kindred spirit, I suppose - once broken, and put back together again, a core of hope and restoration in a cloud of stars..."

"I would not even know what to say to her..."
the young mage said.
"Is she like a girl...you know...complicated?"
He asked and smiled nervously.
He grinned, "Yes and no, I suppose... I don't know how complex she is - mine is, as I said, quite a unique marvel - but she will most certainly be somewhat alien in her mindset. Likely more so than Danielle, though you might not have the same problem with croaking like a frog when you try to speak with her."

"I have about fifty pages left of Zeroboxer I have read the rest. I do sort of devour books, at least simple fiction and such."
Kyle said and he looked a bit embarrassed.
"I would love to borrow a few more books though Sir."
He nodded, "I'll bring down a small stack later today. Hum, are you familiar with the Dragonriders of Pern? I was surprised to discover the series is actually science-fiction rather than fantasy, but I enjoyed it all the same."

"I have learned to be more careful lately Sir it was harder when I was little but I have more self control now."
"And that is probably why I was sick allot as a kid."
He nodded, "Most likely, yes."

"I appreciate it Sir...I owe you one and I did not mean to get you into trouble."
Kyle said and he sounded a bit regretful about it.
He shrugged, "It's a little like Paradox. Sometimes, you just have to make a judgment call knowing that you will receive punishment for it later. It's a fair trade-off, I think... and I will hold you to that debt."
He smiled wryly, "How serious I will make the repayment depends a lot on Chief Morgan's response. Besides, I think I can trust you not to run. You swore, and if you run, there will be nowhere safe for you to hide anyway... and that would disappoint your parents greatly."

"That is good then if I am his reincarnation...I wonder if the Order of Hermes have any records mentioning him."
The young widderslainte said now suddenly interested.
"Was he the one who became a Nephandus? Someone did once right one of my former incarnations?"
He shook his head, "I don't know if the Order has those records still - but odds are good for it. And no, Arto was not the one to Fall. I suspect that was more recent; one Gregor Ivan Ilteppi. Does that name have a familiar ring, as well?"

"Ok that sounds good Sir I am sure my new Mentor would like to learn hat rote as well."
He nodded, "It has saved his mind and life once already; I expect he'll be quite keen."

Kyle nodded and he hesitated for awhile before he took you hand and let you help him up.
"I do not like having my hands touched but I force myself to shake hands and such so that the fear will not just eat more and more, for fear will do that if you let it run rampant and do as it pleases."
He said.
"Ok lead the way Mr Wainwright where is the cafeteria? I have not seen much of the Chantry."
He nodded, "You could use the old Roman handshake, you know - grip the forearm instead of the hand. It could be seen as a small eccentricity, of course, but it's a viable alternative. And it could offer a little more support for getting up like this."
He gently led Kyle by the wrist and opened the door, "Right up the stairs; come along."
He nodded to Adjan, "I'm bringing him to a check-up at the hospital with Dr. Lee and miss Adlebloom."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Deceived and coerced. I'm glad I was able to disarm her, rather than... anything more drastic."

"Agreed if the young woman had died it would have been rather tragic."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Now I hope both she and her Mentor can get the time to heal this have been hard on both of them."
He added.

He nodded sagely, "I might not agree entirely on the accuracy of the simile - but i see where it's coming from. It is workable, at the very least."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I guess we all have our own way of doing things Sir."

He shook his head, "No, I think someone who outright hates your guts will be worse. Master Tolle will play scrupulously fair - there will be no dirty trick or hidden maneuvers unless justice requires a measure of subtlety to secure evidence. There are more... passionate Quaesitors who will try dirty tricks, and those can be far more dangerous, more insidious. Liken him to a massive, imposing pillar - he will never move or budge, but he can provide shelter and shade to protect you."

Kyle was quiet for a moment as he considered this then finally he sigh and nodded.
"I see the point you are trying to make and I agree that someone who hate your guts are more dangerous than someone like this lawyer absolutely but fear is not always reasonable and I can understand someone who hate me it is an emotion I can understand, how you describe this man is pretty alien to me though and therefore far more creepy."
The boy explained.

He smiled, "Cybermen are from Doctor Who. They used to be human, but they have surgically replaced the weaknesses of the flesh with machinery, and severed their own emotions to shield themselves from the pain of realizing what they've done. Actually, not entirely unlike those... er, what is the name of that Star Trek cyborg race again? The ones who assimilate everyone?"

"I see, I do not think I have even see Dr Who Sir but yeah they sound like the Borg really."
Kyle said and smiled.

He nodded simply, "Quite alright, but not everyone is so... scabbed over, to put it like that.

"I will be careful what I ask others then to be sure not to hurt anyone Sir."
The young widderslainte promised.

They don't really hurt - there are no jagged edges, just lines that match the scars in my skin, etched into the cranium.

"That is a little cool actually I mean sometime down the line perhaps some archeologist will find a real mystery in your skull."
The boy said then he looked apologetic.
"Ehm...to morbid?"
He asked.
"Sorry I did not mean to."

And it was not all that terrifying at the time - I passed out too quickly - but the following years, when my mind replayed it in slow motion... I was not in a healthy state of mind then. And Avatars don't often intervene directly like that, but mine... she's a kindred spirit, I suppose - once broken, and put back together again, a core of hope and restoration in a cloud of stars..."

You felt a fond feeling from Mia as you spoke. Kyle looked at you.
"Remembering that must have really sucked Sir and here I was feeling upset over that eye that was cut out of my leg, while you have experienced something much worse."
He said as he looked at you wide eyed.
"Your Avatar sounds kick ass though."

He grinned, "Yes and no, I suppose... I don't know how complex she is - mine is, as I said, quite a unique marvel - but she will most certainly be somewhat alien in her mindset. Likely more so than Danielle, though you might not have the same problem with croaking like a frog when you try to speak with her."

"I don't croak like a...but...I mean ehm...Danielle is so...so...pretty...ehm how do you know her name Sir?"
Kyle said and he was beat red again.
"I ehm...ehm the ghost woman I see...not Danielle the...Japanese ghost she...ehm...I do not know how complex she is, she watch me sleep...she have since I Awakened..."
He muttered still rather self conscious.

He nodded, "I'll bring down a small stack later today. Hum, are you familiar with the Dragonriders of Pern? I was surprised to discover the series is actually science-fiction rather than fantasy, but I enjoyed it all the same."

"Thank you Sir I do appreciate it allot...yeah I think I have read the first book in the Pern seris but not the rest of them, the first book was pretty good though."

He shrugged, "It's a little like Paradox. Sometimes, you just have to make a judgment call knowing that you will receive punishment for it later. It's a fair trade-off, I think... and I will hold you to that debt."

Kyle nodded he just seamed grateful that you were not restraining him more.
"Well I do appreciate it Sir."

He smiled wryly, "How serious I will make the repayment depends a lot on Chief Morgan's response. Besides, I think I can trust you not to run. You swore, and if you run, there will be nowhere safe for you to hide anyway... and that would disappoint your parents greatly."

"I am not going to run Sir. I promise though no staying is what is disappointing my parents I bet my Dad is wondering why I have not ended myself already he would want me to get away from the Traditions at any cost but I am not running anyway I did promise."
He said and gave you a thin smile.
"Just tell me when you want that favor repaid Sir."

He shook his head, "I don't know if the Order has those records still - but odds are good for it. And no, Arto was not the one to Fall. I suspect that was more recent; one Gregor Ivan Ilteppi. Does that name have a familiar ring, as well?"

"Sort of I feel like the name is familiar but it do not feel shockingly so like with Arto's name. Who was this Gregor person?"
Kyle said and glanced at you.
"It would be interesting to read those records if they still exist."

He nodded, "It has saved his mind and life once already; I expect he'll be quite keen."

"That sounds like a story right there Sir."
Kyle said and he sounded interested.
"What happened if I may ask?"

He nodded, "You could use the old Roman handshake, you know - grip the forearm instead of the hand. It could be seen as a small eccentricity, of course, but it's a viable alternative. And it could offer a little more support for getting up like this."

"For getting up that would probably be more useful ues Mr Wainwright."
Kyle said and did so once he was on his feet he said.
"But I am not sure I should stop shaking hands even if it is uncomfortable for me, I am thinking tat if I let that fear eat one more little piece then it will soon be hungry for another and soon any touching of my hands will be unbearable and it will just spread."
He muttered.
"And I do not want that so it is better then to do something a little uncomfortable. I was thinking that one day I might go you know to one of those places to do nails just to have my hands touched by someone, perhaps putting some cream on them or something...you know trying to push that fear back with something that is not painful."

He gently led Kyle by the wrist and opened the door, "Right up the stairs; come along."
He nodded to Adjan, "I'm bringing him to a check-up at the hospital with Dr. Lee and miss Adlebloom."

Adjan had left the basement but Darrian, Helga and Fran where still there. Francesca nodded to you.
"Ok, be careful please."
She said and gave both you and Kyle a smile.

You get to the cafeteria, you find Richard and Freddy talking at one of the tables as they where waiting for you. Freddy gave you a wave of her hand when she heard you approaching and she hid how worried she was as well as she could.
"Hello Colin, Kyle...we can take my car, i have arranged for everything to be ready for us when we get there."
Richard said and he stood.
"If you are all ready to go?"

Serge:

"I doubt they feel the same way as the rest of us. I'm pretty sure bullets feel like bee stings to them and they can regenerate their wounds in seconds." Serge said remembering his encounter with the vampires.

"That is possible but I did not think the vampires sounded lie being injured was much fun."
Kyle said and frowned.
"But I do not know enough about them to say for sure my ghost friend are unable to feel any pain so they might be as well but from what I heard I doubt it."

"But your right they are just like us. I've talked to them. I'm the one who brought them out of their frenzy. I know they're nice people. It's unfortunate they had to get caught up in our war." Serge said with a frown.

"Yeah I wish we could help them somehow."
Kyle muttered.
"You got them out of them raging around with your magick then? With your drawings?"

"Then I"ll be off to meet my cousin." Serge said with a polite nod as he turned and began to exit the office.

"Very well Mr Yager do take care and return with the drawings once they are complete...ah one more thing Master Sharaya have this machine in his office that can make copies of documents if you could make a few copies of all of these drawings of the Labyrinth higher ups I can distribute them around when we move on the Labyrinth so the strike teams can recognize choice targets."
Jeffry requested.

Nicole:

'Well... if you really want to hear it...' Nicole said, gesturing with her hands. 'I have no faith in the police of being fair, or following their own laws. That shooting in Ferguson last year? Happens all the time. They're less a police force, but an army. They don't need a reason - suspicion is reason for them.'

Narim nodded at that.
"You are right that there is much that is rotten in this nation's police force Miss, that I agree with you, but while we can work at making it fairer, work from the shadows to enact change but as it stands we still are going to have to try to avoid trouble with them as they are more likely to unwittingly aid the Union than us and we do not want to get ourselves killed now do we."

'If you look "like trouble" in the cop's head, they'll harass you soon enough. And I tick enough boxes for this. Simply giving you a heads up that soon enough it'll happen.'

"Well we will cross that bridge when we come to it but for now please do try to stay out of trouble Miss."
Narim said.

Nicole nodded and followed, keeping watch all the while.

Narim led the way up to a small convenience store, there where cameras over the door of the store.
"If you could kindly keep watch for one moment and I can see what I can do here."
The Virtual Adept requested as he tapped on his phone vigorously.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had a doctor's appointment and was rather tired afterwards and ended up sleeping for several hours.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:41 pm

"It seams to me we have a deal then my friend, i attend you lessons in Greek and in return I instruct you in wielding a knife."
Adjan said and smiled.

"Good."

//office//

Serge seemed taken aback by the deadpanned response, not expecting Adley to jump in. "Well then...I guess you could do some enjoyable activities with him. And he definitely likes to talk about different types of magick. His pyromancy, my mind magick, and other weird topics like entering dreams...And he doesn't seem to mind having magick done in front of him. I showed him one of my magickal tricks when I was sent to cheer him up and he seemed to enjoy it."
"He might be encouraged by seeing what he will learn but I agree with being careful with how and when one use magick and this will be doubly important for Kyle due to what he is, he will be damaged much more by paradox than the rest of us. As to how he will react to seeing magick when he is kept from it, well since this is temporary I would suspect it is not a big problem, but yes being restrictive in how such Ars are used and to treat it as a powerful and useful tool and a path to enlightenment rather than a toy is important."

He gave Serge a look when he talked about entering dreams and then frowned. "I see."

"Then I"ll be off to meet my cousin." Serge said with a polite nod as he turned and began to exit the office. As he past by Adley his head turned back and he looked over the tired Hermetic. "Oh right you wanted a word with me." Serge said nervously.

"Yes," he agreed, and put the filled table, closed, in front of his pater for him to read, so he could start off the page fresh again afterward while he talked to Nicole. Then he turned to address Serge. "While I was in the room downstairs, I was alerted to the fact that ars mens...ah, mind magick had been used to scry on the room while we were inside of it performing a very difficult, unsavory and sensitive task. Naturally, my first concern was that the enemy had broken through our defenses. I was told that you had been told about what was happening in the room, because my brother was concerned about the noises and asked you to check what was going on. Further, I was also told that, with permission from another, you had scryed on the room and created a drawing." He looked at him with a frown. "I understand that my brother didn't know what was happening, and it may have been...startling to hear that. However, I do not see a reason why you could not take the word of the magii assembled and proceeded to create that drawing. Nor do I agree with the decision that you were allowed to do so, though I am glad to see you tried to ask for permission. Those in that room are under our care; though we had to ensure their safety for our home in what is a painful manner, it is not acceptable to me to have peered in on them while they were in a state of vulnerability and pain, nor acceptable to peer in on us while performing it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Anja's Post:

'I don't try to make trouble... it just sort of seems to find me.' Nicole replied, a little hesitantly, as though doubting herself a little on that.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this. Moved a couple of metres away from him, as though she wasn't with him. Started to go through the motions of searching her pockets for something, all the while looking around casually for anything worth noting.

[No worries!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 pm

"Agreed if the young woman had died it would have been rather tragic."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Now I hope both she and her Mentor can get the time to heal this have been hard on both of them."
He added.
Colin nodded, "As I understand, she did not actually take any complete action to aid the Fallen, either, though that's as much thanks to timely intervention... If she needs a character witness, well, you know where to find me."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I guess we all have our own way of doing things Sir."
He nodded, "And while my methods are similar to Hermetic ones, like you find in many fantasy books, they are not identical."

Kyle was quiet for a moment as he considered this then finally he sigh and nodded.
"I see the point you are trying to make and I agree that someone who hate your guts are more dangerous than someone like this lawyer absolutely but fear is not always reasonable and I can understand someone who hate me it is an emotion I can understand, how you describe this man is pretty alien to me though and therefore far more creepy."
The boy explained.
He smiled, "Think of it much like seeing a great shark swim by your boat. Respect it, and don't provoke it, and it's unlikely to attack you. It's scary and magnificent all at once, and you know it could kill you with little effort if you got in its way... but it won't so long as you behave properly."

"I see, I do not think I have even see Dr Who Sir but yeah they sound like the Borg really."
Kyle said and smiled.
He frowned, "The Borg. How... American. Whereas the Cybermen have been around since 1966, the variant best known seems to be the American knockoff... Ah, well, that's the way it goes, I suppose..."

"I will be careful what I ask others then to be sure not to hurt anyone Sir."
The young widderslainte promised.
He smiled, "Good lad. Be wary of when you start treading on personal matters."

You felt a fond feeling from Mia as you spoke. Kyle looked at you.
"Remembering that must have really sucked Sir and here I was feeling upset over that eye that was cut out of my leg, while you have experienced something much worse."
He said as he looked at you wide eyed.
"Your Avatar sounds kick ass though."
He smiled thinly, "You were right to be upset over the eye - both over growing it and having it forcibly removed. Never compare what has happened to you to what has happened to someone else; your pain is your own, and it is real, and you should not let someone else's experiences diminish yours... but neither should you allow your negative experiences to overtake you. If needed, get help to cope, but don't let them stop you from growing. And my Avatar is a dignified lady of grace and beauty. And quite capable of kicking ass, as well."

"I don't croak like a...but...I mean ehm...Danielle is so...so...pretty...ehm how do you know her name Sir?"
Kyle said and he was beat red again.
"I ehm...ehm the ghost woman I see...not Danielle the...Japanese ghost she...ehm...I do not know how complex she is, she watch me sleep...she have since I Awakened..."
He muttered still rather self conscious.
He grinned, "Again, you told me in November. And rest assured, just like your notes, Danielle is your secret to share, not mine. I know how you feel about her, and how you seem to have some difficulty in telling her that. I did offer you one piece of advice in that future, though, and I can repeat it here in the past - research some cat-safe flowers and visit the florist. You can seldom go wrong with some nice flowers."

"Thank you Sir I do appreciate it allot...yeah I think I have read the first book in the Pern seris but not the rest of them, the first book was pretty good though."
He pondered, "I believe I have the two trilogies upstairs. Not the rest of the series, though..."

"I am not going to run Sir. I promise though no staying is what is disappointing my parents I bet my Dad is wondering why I have not ended myself already he would want me to get away from the Traditions at any cost but I am not running anyway I did promise."
He said and gave you a thin smile.
"Just tell me when you want that favor repaid Sir."
He nodded, "If you were to run, you would most likely get killed, and the cycle would repeat... quite plausibly with your next incarnation born to parents far less capable and understanding. Then, you might be caught by the Traditions and... well... Just stay close."

"Sort of I feel like the name is familiar but it do not feel shockingly so like with Arto's name. Who was this Gregor person?"
Kyle said and glanced at you.
"It would be interesting to read those records if they still exist."
He nodded, "I don't know much about Ilteppi, only that he was a Quaesitor, and an executioner, and that he was cast out of his Cabal and executed. Smart money seems to be on him Falling at some point shortly before being cast out, and the whole affair being swept under the rug to avoid the shame. And... I think Chief Morgan is going to send for any extant records of Arto. You might get to see what he can uncover."

"That sounds like a story right there Sir."
Kyle said and he sounded interested.
"What happened if I may ask?"
He grinned, "The short version is that we went to the Umbral Port to take down a Ball of Abysmal Flame - roughly the equivalent of a medium-sized nuclear bomb. Chief Morgan opened up the fireball to start vacuuming out the Quintessence within, and I drew up a circle using mustard and ketchup to help pump out the Quintessence and burn it off with a refreshing primal shard - as the Quintessence got dirtier the longer we worked, that blade became... disturbing to behold, but the burn spared Chief Morgan excess Resonance and subsequently Jhor..."

"For getting up that would probably be more useful ues Mr Wainwright."
Kyle said and did so once he was on his feet he said.
"But I am not sure I should stop shaking hands even if it is uncomfortable for me, I am thinking tat if I let that fear eat one more little piece then it will soon be hungry for another and soon any touching of my hands will be unbearable and it will just spread."
He muttered.
"And I do not want that so it is better then to do something a little uncomfortable. I was thinking that one day I might go you know to one of those places to do nails just to have my hands touched by someone, perhaps putting some cream on them or something...you know trying to push that fear back with something that is not painful."
He nodded, then pondered, "You know, once Anna is able to willingly get... punctured with a needle, years from now, she gets a tattoo as a reward. Perhaps you could consider the same for yourself - if I recall, the Zelda games have this triangle of courage on the back of the main character's hand? A way to prove to yourself that you've got your fears under control?"

Adjan had left the basement but Darrian, Helga and Fran where still there. Francesca nodded to you.
"Ok, be careful please."
She said and gave both you and Kyle a smile.
He nodded, "We will."

You get to the cafeteria, you find Richard and Freddy talking at one of the tables as they where waiting for you. Freddy gave you a wave of her hand when she heard you approaching and she hid how worried she was as well as she could.
"Hello Colin, Kyle...we can take my car, i have arranged for everything to be ready for us when we get there."
Richard said and he stood.
"If you are all ready to go?"
He waved back to Freddy with a grin and nodded to Richard, "We are ready... Not everything is ready at the hospital, though - I have a final catalyst for the contrast fluid; I'll hand it over when we get there. Oh, and Kyle and I will take the back seat."

((OOC: Ack, I meant Darrian, not Adjan. Oh, well.))

((OOC2: Colin's so going to get it from Morgan afterwards... "Your exact words" won't do him any favors, I expect, but hopefully Morgan will at least appreciate Colin showing Kyle trust and wanting to avoid traumatizing the poor kid further... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 pm

"Yeah I wish we could help them somehow."
Kyle muttered.
"You got them out of them raging around with your magick then? With your drawings?"

"Yeah. You can take a look if you want." Serge said flipping through his sketchbook and showing Kyle the picture that he used to calm down the vampires. It depicted a crude portrayal of the vampires inside of an empty room.

"It's not my best work but I was just teleported in from Chicago, straight into the middle of a hostage situation with two enraged vampires so I'm just happy that I was able to keep the pencil steady." Serge said with a smile.

Adley wrote:"While I was in the room downstairs, I was alerted to the fact that ars mens...ah, mind magick had been used to scry on the room while we were inside of it performing a very difficult, unsavory and sensitive task. Naturally, my first concern was that the enemy had broken through our defenses. I was told that you had been told about what was happening in the room, because my brother was concerned about the noises and asked you to check what was going on. Further, I was also told that, with permission from another, you had scryed on the room and created a drawing."

Serge started looking more noticeably worried as Adley mentioned the sensitive task he had spied on. He began to fiddle with the pencil in his hand more and more erratically and he felt a red hot sensation welling up within him. A sensation he was all too familiar with from his sleeper days. But he continued to listen attentively to the experienced hermetic.

He looked at him with a frown. "I understand that my brother didn't know what was happening, and it may have been...startling to hear that. However, I do not see a reason why you could not take the word of the magii assembled and proceeded to create that drawing. Nor do I agree with the decision that you were allowed to do so, though I am glad to see you tried to ask for permission. Those in that room are under our care; though we had to ensure their safety for our home in what is a painful manner, it is not acceptable to me to have peered in on them while they were in a state of vulnerability and pain, nor acceptable to peer in on us while performing it."

"Your right. It...wasn't the smartest thing I've done. I guess after I got permission I didn't really think much of it." Serge said sadly.

"I was more than willing to accept Mr.Terach's word and be done with it but I had a feeling that Kyle wouldn't have. The poor kids trapped, confused, and the only thing he can hear are the screaming undead. The least I could do was answer some questions and fulfill his request to the fullest. When he saw that the vampires were safe and knew that it was you doing the job he calmed down a little bit." Serge said trying to explain himself.

"But your right. What I did was really dumb and I apologize for what I did. I'll make sure it won't happen again in the future." Serge said apologetically trying to avoid Adley's gaze.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Adley:

"Yes," he agreed, and put the filled table, closed, in front of his pater for him to read, so he could start off the page fresh again afterward while he talked to Nicole.

Jeffry took the tablet and read through the content, he frowned at a few placed and raised an eyebrow now and again but after a while he closed the tablet and handed it back to you and nodded.
"We will discuss a few of these things privatly when time will allow mea filius but for now thank you for your raport."
He said then he glanced sternly at Serge as you confronted the younger mage about the picture he had drawn, Jeffry himself did not speak allowing you to handle the situation as Serge's senior.

Nicole:

'I don't try to make trouble... it just sort of seems to find me.' Nicole replied, a little hesitantly, as though doubting herself a little on that.

Narim just nodded at that he did not know enough enough to make any judgement on the matter.

A nod to this. Moved a couple of metres away from him, as though she wasn't with him. Started to go through the motions of searching her pockets for something, all the while looking around casually for anything worth noting.

For now everything seamed to be clear. After a few moment Narim looked up from his phone.
"I think I have a picture of her and I can add her into the...hum..."
The Virtual Adept trailed of and he suddenly started looking rather concerned.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "As I understand, she did not actually take any complete action to aid the Fallen, either, though that's as much thanks to timely intervention... If she needs a character witness, well, you know where to find me."

"She might need that Mr Wainwright and no she did not complete any actions on behalf of the Fallen, the young lady might end up Branded but I doubt it will get more serious than that, not that it is not bad enough, but her life and soul sould be safe."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "And while my methods are similar to Hermetic ones, like you find in many fantasy books, they are not identical."

"Yeah for me as well I mean I have learned some things from my Dad even if I do not really get some of the things he is doing and it is similar to what the Hermetics do but not exactly the same."
Kyle said and nodded.

He smiled, "Think of it much like seeing a great shark swim by your boat. Respect it, and don't provoke it, and it's unlikely to attack you. It's scary and magnificent all at once, and you know it could kill you with little effort if you got in its way... but it won't so long as you behave properly."

"I think I will get scared no matter what you liken this man to Sir."
Kyle said and frowned.

He frowned, "The Borg. How... American. Whereas the Cybermen have been around since 1966, the variant best known seems to be the American knockoff... Ah, well, that's the way it goes, I suppose..."

The young mage just raised an eyebrow at that.
"Dr Who is that old, did they watch science fiction back then, I mean that is as old as my Dad or something."
He muttered.

He smiled, "Good lad. Be wary of when you start treading on personal matters."

Kyle nodded his agreement to that.

He smiled thinly, "You were right to be upset over the eye - both over growing it and having it forcibly removed. Never compare what has happened to you to what has happened to someone else; your pain is your own, and it is real, and you should not let someone else's experiences diminish yours... but neither should you allow your negative experiences to overtake you. If needed, get help to cope, but don't let them stop you from growing.

The young widderslainte looked at you for a moment and then he nodded and glanced away.
"I guess you are right Sirbut what I have experienced seam so small compared to what you went through but yes that eye...removing it...it was so bad...I..."
He stopped talking and just looked down.

And my Avatar is a dignified lady of grace and beauty. And quite capable of kicking ass, as well."

"That sounds so cool Sir."
The young mage said and grinned.
"I like ass kicking ladies."

He grinned, "Again, you told me in November. And rest assured, just like your notes, Danielle is your secret to share, not mine. I know how you feel about her, and how you seem to have some difficulty in telling her that. I did offer you one piece of advice in that future, though, and I can repeat it here in the past - research some cat-safe flowers and visit the florist. You can seldom go wrong with some nice flowers."

"Flowers...yes...ehm...giving Danielle flowers..."
Kyle said and he blushed again and he looked like giving flowers to the girl he liked was more scary than meeting Master Tolle.
"And yes it should be flowers that do not risk harming her cat, he is very important, he is a part of her."
The young widderslainte said and smiled.
"It seamed I said allot in November...will say...ehm...ok I am getting a headache now but thank you Sir for keeping my secrets and for your advice."

He pondered, "I believe I have the two trilogies upstairs. Not the rest of the series, though..."

"I would love to read them Sir andthe two triologies are a good place to start."
Kyle said and smiled the kid obiously enjoyed reading.

He nodded, "If you were to run, you would most likely get killed, and the cycle would repeat... quite plausibly with your next incarnation born to parents far less capable and understanding. Then, you might be caught by the Traditions and... well... Just stay close."

The boy paled even more.
"I know Mr Wainwright I am not going to run."
He muttered fearfully.

He nodded, "I don't know much about Ilteppi, only that he was a Quaesitor, and an executioner, and that he was cast out of his Cabal and executed. Smart money seems to be on him Falling at some point shortly before being cast out, and the whole affair being swept under the rug to avoid the shame. And... I think Chief Morgan is going to send for any extant records of Arto. You might get to see what he can uncover."

"I am going to have to talk with my teacher about it then and see if he haee anything more about these me, so so are saying I was Quesitor once? That are the judges right? But he joined the Nephandi, but how exactly could that happen?"
Kyle asked and he looked confused.

He grinned, "The short version is that we went to the Umbral Port to take down a Ball of Abysmal Flame - roughly the equivalent of a medium-sized nuclear bomb. Chief Morgan opened up the fireball to start vacuuming out the Quintessence within, and I drew up a circle using mustard and ketchup to help pump out the Quintessence and burn it off with a refreshing primal shard - as the Quintessence got dirtier the longer we worked, that blade became... disturbing to behold, but the burn spared Chief Morgan excess Resonance and subsequently Jhor..."

"That is so cool, no it would not have been good if Master Morgan had gotten all of that bad energy into his own system, was it a Nephandus who made this bomb then?"
Kyle asked.

He nodded, then pondered, "You know, once Anna is able to willingly get... punctured with a needle, years from now, she gets a tattoo as a reward. Perhaps you could consider the same for yourself - if I recall, the Zelda games have this triangle of courage on the back of the main character's hand? A way to prove to yourself that you've got your fears under control?"

Kyle nodded thoughtfully and looked down at his hands.
"That would be some time of if it ever happens but it is not a bad idea Sir not a bad idea at all. I do not know why I do not like anyone touching my hands, there was that thing with my thumb but I hated it long before then but I do want to get that fear under control."

He waved back to Freddy with a grin and nodded to Richard, "We are ready... Not everything is ready at the hospital, though - I have a final catalyst for the contrast fluid; I'll hand it over when we get there. Oh, and Kyle and I will take the back seat."

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"If it is compatible with the fluid itself and with human bodies sure...well let us get to the hospital first. I am going to ask my Mentor's custos, a nurse over there to assist us."
He said as he headed down to the basement and got into a neat, dark gray hybrid and Freddy took the front seat to leave the back seat for you and Kyle.
"Any allergies or the like I should be aware of?"
Richard asked as he started up the car.
"I get rashes from strawberries but I doubt that is relevant here Sir."
Kyle said and the Akashic smiled a bit.
"No that is not really relevant no."

(OOC: Sorry for the spelling errors I have upgraded to a new version of firefox and is still trying to figure out how to get my spell checker back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 pm

"Yeah. You can take a look if you want." Serge said flipping through his sketchbook and showing Kyle the picture that he used to calm down the vampires. It depicted a crude portrayal of the vampires inside of an empty room.

"I am glad it worked Serge and it is a creative way to use magick but I am not so sure the picture means to much to me."
Kyle said and he looked at the picture looking puzzeled.

"It's not my best work but I was just teleported in from Chicago, straight into the middle of a hostage situation with two enraged vampires so I'm just happy that I was able to keep the pencil steady." Serge said with a smile.

"It do not need to be perfect Serge it needs to work and it did work so that is good."
Kyle said and smiled a little.
"You helped those vampires and made sure the others did not have to kill them, you saved them."
He said sounding impressed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Anja's Post:

On the Adept's comment, Nicole moved towards him, looking around just to make sure nobody was about. 'Time to run or time to report pronto?'

[Try Tools -> Addons -> Dictionaries. Chances are your previous dictionary is no longer compatible and needs to be updated too.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 pm

"Reporting back perhaps...our target have discovered that I am searching for her and are deleting deleting digital and magickal traces as we speak. I did manage to get a picture of her stored though and a sample of her Resonance, the question is if we should try to go after her now when there are still some traces left, though off course we do not know what will await us if we do, or rapport back with what we found and hope that is enough to trace her down through other means..."
Narim said and he sounded a bit unsure.
"Ah forgive me Miss I...do not get to do much field work so I am far out of my element really..."
He said and looked down at his phone and frowned.
"Going after her we might be able to catch her but she is aware of my searching for her so doing so might lead us into danger."

(OOC: Thank you yes that fixed the problem.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Nicole's eyes widened a little; the situation seemed to almost energise her. 'Guestimate how long 'till the trail vanishes.'

[How long has it been since the target was spotted out the window? And yay, I was useful!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 pm

"I was more than willing to accept Mr.Terach's word and be done with it but I had a feeling that Kyle wouldn't have. The poor kids trapped, confused, and the only thing he can hear are the screaming undead. The least I could do was answer some questions and fulfill his request to the fullest. When he saw that the vampires were safe and knew that it was you doing the job he calmed down a little bit." Serge said trying to explain himself.

"You say these things as if I am not aware of my brother's situation, nor have any compassion for it. That isn't true. He is a brave person but he is still young and under numerous stresses. As well, it is true that you, nor him, know everything that's going on, nor should you for security reasons both for yourselves and others. Granted, I didn't think he would hear the screams. In hindsight, that might have been prevented. And as I said, I am not upset that you went to see what was going on so that he didn't think we were under another attack. But scrying was going too far, given the situation."

"But your right. What I did was really dumb and I apologize for what I did. I'll make sure it won't happen again in the future." Serge said apologetically trying to avoid Adley's gaze.

"Very well; please be a bit more discriminating when using your ars. You have undeniably helped a great deal and you are very skilled but there are reasons for privacy and discretion, sometimes." He sighed and drank the rest of the coffee. "One more thing: I would like the drawing's lingering arcane connections to be removed and for the picture to be destroyed in some manner. Fire seems possibly inappropriate given the contents..." he mused. "But keeping such a macabe momento after its use has expired is a bit...unseemly." He tilted his head at him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next