Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 25 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:25 pm

"Well given the woman's personality I would not be surprised, for now we have to bare with it though and give her a chance."
The old Flambeau said with a small smile.

"What's that saying? Trust but verify?" He shrugged.

"I spoke with Miss Day and she do not seam to blame the Massassa for her injuries and as soon as she have gotten a little rest she have agreed to return to the duty of tending to them and seeing to their needs." Jeffry said and nodded. "We are going to have to arrange for some sort of rotation for it but for now we can ask her."

"Alright."

"I am worried as well, keeping the Massassa like that is a form of torture and...I have not ordered it with a light heart. I do not know much about what they feel in that condition but it looks quite horrible. Mr Karl we can get to the villa, I have spoken with Father Shelly who is over there heading up the cleansing efforts and he have said he will agree to it, though he is not happy about having a Massassa in the house for Mr Lenoe though the situation is more difficult...I can not allow such a creature to move around the Chantry freely."
He said firmly then he continued.

"I understand, sir. The damn Nephandi seem to know way too much though."

"There is a bit of good news about Mr Wagner, using Mr Wainwright's spell and with the aid of Mr Kayak Master Telar managed to cleanse the vampiric Resonance out of the boy's Avatar and by that stopping further decay, she said that he will be in pain from the operation for some time and he will need rest and to be kept away from Messassa since he will still be addicted, but the good woman says that she think that his Avatar will now recover perfectly."

His eyes brightened a bit. "That's very good to hear."

"So it is, a bit of magick that have become a permanent part of you mea filius. I do agree that it is not something to be concerned with for now and I do not know how to stop it either but you know I worry for you allow an old man to fret over his son."
He said and gave a slight smile.

He chuckled. "Of course," he agreed.

"Agreed it is not long since Narim had a backlash strong enough to call a Spirit and while he hide it I know it shook him up, I am concerned for him. Very well then we will hold of for now and I can send a spirit to ask Chief Joakim if what he have to say have to be dealt with before the battle."

He nodded, then pulled the tablet back to write on it. 'Whatever happened with that bane taint you were worried about?'

"Hum...it seams this former life of yours continue to rear it's head, would you want me to try to find out what records exist of this Enije ex Flambeau and perhaps this unfortunate Diedne as well?" He offered. "Mr Wainwright said you had a Quiet where you saw yourself back as the war with Diedne but he did not speak of these details, I do not think it would be wise if Master Nassa learns about this."

"Perhaps discretely..." Then he added down on the tablet. 'Yes, in fact the person I thought I was after was an incarnation of Beatrice's who was a very powerful witch. Ours two spirits seem to be in a tandem cycle, though not always friendly; when her avatar Fell it disrupted that. It needs to come back into balance again.

"Off course talk with whoever you think can help, and I will say nothing to anyone you have not specifically given me permission to talk about this with, it is your experience mea filius and yours to talk about or not as you feel is right for you."

"Thank you."

"Yes Mr Wainwright told me about the time bubble and what was discussed in it his rapport was pretty detailed...so I do think I have a fairly good grasp of what transpired in Chicago now." He said as he handed you the tablet back. "I am not going to ask if you are okey Adley...but is there anything I can do for you?"

"Probably not too much that you wouldn't normally do. Just keep giving me tasks to do so that I can keep my mind focused on the path we need to accomplish, like fixing the wards...and tell me what might be important that we missed while away. How everyone is...when there is time for such."

// Hate migraines and the feeling they give you the day afterward is like a hangover without the fun part to have earned it

Adley

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 25 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am

Anja's Post:

'Apprentice? Who's that?' Nicole asked.

Anja's Post:

Nicole either didn't care or didn't notice the reaction; from the looks of it she was only thinking about the job in hand - everything else could go to hell.

Anja's Post:

The car was a mess; bits of paper, food packets, tools and the like floating around the footwell, door pockets and dashboard. The distinct smell of stale smoke and overflowing ashtray, with the underlay of what might be engine oil or grease. Climbing in herself, Nicole grabbed the stained overalls and pile of CD-R's from the passanger seat and shoved them behind hers to make room for Narim.

Once the Adept was in, she fired up the car, a snatch of loud music before she killed the stereo. Pulled out rapidly, then headed out of the garage at fair speed.

'Not in car; it's too old. Use my cell's app, then direct me.' she said, fishing out her armoured phone from her pocket and offering it to Narim.

[Eh... worst part is, I fell asleep when it faded. Now my body clock is all screwed up]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:18 am

Basement With Kyle:

Kyle smiled a little.
"I get that it is cool in game and on TV but a real fight that means blood, death and pain and it is far less glorious, sometimes fighting is necessary but it really is not like on TV you know."

"I know I know. Your not the only one who's told me that. Hell your not even the first to tell me that today. A bear mage upstairs told me the same thing." Serge said remembering how similar Henrietta's words were to Kyle's.

Cafeteria:

"Ah I see ok...I can do that and do not worry about me, I where not hurt nor where the other girl who I was picking up there but she...killed a sleeper right in front of me, threatening she would kill everyone there unless I came with her...if it had not been for a pair of Technocrats that where there and who decided to go after Larson and not us so we could get away and later some guys from the Chantry came for us...I do not know what would have happened but I am fine...I just..."

Serge  listened attentively and didn't respond, not wanting to delve deeper in what was obviously a traumatic experience for the new mage. Serge might have been able to to calm Rosa down but nothing he could say would remove the fact that Rosa had seen another person murdered right in front of her.

Rosa muttered as she sat down on one of the chairs and indicated you could sit down as well.
"Ok description...so you are going to draw her?"
She asked then she sigh.

"Yep. Having a clear solid picture of her is useful. It'll help us know what our enemy looks like." Serge said as he sat down and brought out his sketchbook and pencil.

"The woman I saw there tall with broad shoulders, she was thin, almost bony with cold blue eyes, thin lips and high cheekbones, her hair where blond, slightly curly and shoulder length, she looked to be 40 or 45 but I have come to understand that do not mean much among mages, her hair was just beginning to gray, she was wearing a red business suit when I saw her."
Rosa said.

"Let's see here. Tall....broad shoulders....bony thin with cold blue eyes......thin lips high cheekbones.....blonde....curly shoulder length hair.......and red business suit." Serge said slowly as he began to add together the pieces onto his sketchbook like he did with Martha.

(OOC: Mage Sketch artist Serge reporting for duty! Dex + Drawing roll for drawing a sketch of Lisa Larson

Roll : 7, 9, 3, 3, 6, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:23 am

Nicole:

'Apprentice? Who's that?' Nicole asked.

"The Chief's apprentice? Well he is a Hermetic so they are sensitive about names so unless he have already given it to you it is not my place to do so Miss."
Narim said but he did smile a little as he spoke about the man.

The car was a mess; bits of paper, food packets, tools and the like floating around the footwell, door pockets and dashboard. The distinct smell of stale smoke and overflowing ashtray, with the underlay of what might be engine oil or grease. Climbing in herself, Nicole grabbed the stained overalls and pile of CD-R's from the passanger seat and shoved them behind hers to make room for Narim.

Narim was far to polite to say anything about the mess but at the same time it was clear that he was not used to being anywhere quite so dirty and messy and he looked quite uneasy about it.

Once the Adept was in, she fired up the car, a snatch of loud music before she killed the stereo. Pulled out rapidly, then headed out of the garage at fair speed.

'Not in car; it's too old. Use my cell's app, then direct me.' she said, fishing out her armoured phone from her pocket and offering it to Narim.

"Thank you for the offer Miss but I have  such an app on my own phone so I can direct you with that."
The Virtual Adept said and indicated the phone in his hand then he said.
"Ok if you go down the street we where in and take left towards midtown."

Adley:

"What's that saying? Trust but verify?" He shrugged.

"I more prefer to reserve trust but give people a chance to earn it."
Your Mentor said.

"I understand, sir. The damn Nephandi seem to know way too much though."

"They do and the source of their information do concern me I am still not sure they do not have any more inside men, though I am not happy at the thought of that possibility."
He said and frowned.

His eyes brightened a bit. "That's very good to hear."

"That it is, and I am going to send a letter to a man I know on Horizon, a kindly old Bonisagus who have been searching for an apprentice. He will treat the boy well and on Horizon there is little chance of him running into any Massassa again."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"If the Master Bonisagus takes him in that means he will be safe and protected and he will have a place to heal and grow."

He chuckled. "Of course," he agreed.

Jeffry just smiled a little at that and sipped his coffee.

He nodded, then pulled the tablet back to write on it. 'Whatever happened with that bane taint you were worried about?'

The old Hermetic read what you had written and replied.
"Our spirits seam to be fine I have examined them all, including your spiderlings and my imps, probably the bane did not get enough through the wards to affect them."

"Perhaps discretely..." Then he added down on the tablet. 'Yes, in fact the person I thought I was after was an incarnation of Beatrice's who was a very powerful witch. Ours two spirits seem to be in a tandem cycle, though not always friendly; when her avatar Fell it disrupted that. It needs to come back into balance again.

Jeffry read over what you had written and frowned a little.
"I have heard of souls incarnating together having various roles in relation to one another through the lifetimes. Mr Wainwright is fairly convinced that he can find a way to restore a Fallen Avatar and part of me must believe him since I have taken in Kyle...I guess that is what we are going to have to work towards then restoring Miss Alexander's Avatar so that tandem cycle of her and your souls can be complete again but I would be lying if I did not say it worry me that you have such a spiritual relation to a Fallen soul. As for records about Einje and Arto I will see what I can find out and yes off course I will be discreet about it."

"Thank you."

Jeffry just nodded he looked at you with concern in his dark eyes for a moment before he simply said.
"Off course mea filius, off course."

"Probably not too much that you wouldn't normally do. Just keep giving me tasks to do so that I can keep my mind focused on the path we need to accomplish, like fixing the wards...and tell me what might be important that we missed while away. How everyone is...when there is time for such."

"Now that I can do...let me see not long after you and your group left Devon Miles ayoung Etherite came..."
The Chief was interrupted as he begun telling you what had happened since last night by a knock on his door.
"Ah excuse me."
He said and went to open. You hear Miss White, George's servant say something about a quite rude woman telling her to give him a note, and the Chief tanking her and closing the door, then as he looked at the note he gave a long string of his favorite Greek words and a few that he reserved for special occasions.

Serge:

Basement:

"I know I know. Your not the only one who's told me that. Hell your not even the first to tell me that today. A bear mage upstairs told me that." Serge said remembering how similar Henrietta's words were to Kyle's

"Many of those living here have seen people die in fights and we are in the middle of a war situation I think that might be why many are telling you that war is not fun."
Kyle said then he raised an eyebrow.
"A bear mage?"

Cafeteria:

Serge  listened attentively and didn't respond, not wanting to delve deeper in what was obviously a traumatic experience for the new mage. Serge might have been able to to calm Rosa down but nothing he could say would remove the fact that Rosa had seen another person murdered right in front of her.

Rosa gave you a thin smile as she sat down.
"I just can't get that man's face out of my mind, he was just standing there in line at the food court, waiting to pay for his meal one moment and then he was dead on the floor...and just as a way to intimiate me an I could do nothing...to stop it."
She muttered and shook her head.

"Yep. Having a clear solid picture of her is useful. It'll help us know what our enemy looks like." Serge said as he sat down and brought out his sketchbook and pencil.

"You are probably right about that."
The newly Awakened mage agreed.

"Let's see here. Tall....broad shoulders....bony thin with cold blue eyes......thin lips high cheekbones.....blonde....curly shoulder length hair.......and red business suit." Serge said slowly as he began to add together the pieces onto his sketchbook like he did with Martha.

Rosa looked at the drawing and nodded.
"That is pretty good...oh and she had this dot on her right cheek, you know a mole or something, the thing is she sort of looked so ordinary that when she went and killed someone it totally threw me off she looks like someone working in a bank or an office that have two kids at home and are planning dinner on the way home, she just look ordinary an she is an evil bastard that needs to be shut down!"
She muttered softly.
"She just do not care about lives at all...there was not even some kind of delight with her in killing that man he was just a tool it meant nothing more for her."
Rosa muttered and shook her head.
"Do you think the others will get her?"

Colin:

Colin grinned, "You will, kid. You will."

Kyle just smiled happily at that.

He nodded, "Precisely."

The young mage gave a nod then he sigh.
"I try to do that but I am not always able to Sir."
He admitted.

He grinned, "Well, it's only appropriate for a show about adventures across the entirety of time and space. Over the span of fifty years, the Doctor has traveled to both the beginning and the end of time. I don't know how much Netflix has of it, though if they have any, it's probably only from the when the series resumed in 2005. There were a few years where the show was on a hiatus."

"Well it do sound fun I am going to have to check it out I like science fiction stories, and fantasy."
The young widderslainte said and smiled.
"I hope you get the lost episodes back then Sir since they mean so much to you."

He shook his head and smiled, "It's not made as a weapon. That's more of a side effect. It's... ephemeral sand, cast off from an Avatar slowly grinding against itself to turn back from being Fallen and back to the light... My apprentice took a trip across about fifty years at least to bring this gift to our doorstep in the time of need. She is brilliant now, but in time... she'll be magnificent."

The little girl you spoke about me being friends with in a few months visited you in the future and this sand is the residue of her Avatar becoming...un Fallen? Do that hurt it? How do that work? How can that sand even be physical?"
Kyle asked question after question.
"Well she sounds like an interesting girl."

He sighed, "I remember, briefly, from the future that one Fallen tried to abduct Anna, but was turned away by the sands she secretes. It seems... it triggers strong memories, full-sensory ones, of better times. For someone with a Fallen Avatar... that could be very painful."

Kyle looked rather nervous and he played with his ear stud not seaming to know where to put his hands.
"I...ehm see Sir I...ok...but I mean it is not going to kill me dead or something like that or hurt that ghost woman you say live inside of my soul right?"
He muttered.

He nodded, "Your father did as he thought best - and in all honesty, you are young and inexperienced yet, and you would not last two minutes against a battlemage. Give it a few years with Chief Morgan, though, and that'll be turned on its head."

"Yeah my Dad is a good man and I mean one thing is wanting to stand and fight and another is throwing one's life away in the bast I had to run, but perhaps I will not have to anymore. I am looking forward to learning under Master Morgan though he seams nice...gruff but nice..."

He nodded, "That law, or more precisely the practice of it, is stupid. And yes, I've heard of such zero-tolerance idiocy cases. I believe there was one spectacular case in Germany where a girl was expelled for her 'insulin addiction'... better known as diabetes.

"That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard Sir without insulin she would die. I think the problem with zero tolerance policies is that it remove all sense, reason and personal judgment from a situation and that is dangerous."
Kyle said and rolled his eyes.

Hum, hungry? I'll see if we can pick up an overpriced sandwich or granola bar in the hospital cafeteria?"

"That works for me Sir, thanks."

He nodded, "Quite alright... and I appreciate you volunteering."

"Well someone have to do it right and better me than a prisoner that do not have a choice...it is never good to have things done to you without having a choice."
Kyle muttered and looked down.

He smiled wryly, "Echoes from the past take many forms. I'm honestly a little curious about your magical big brother - you've noticed his rather spectacular vocal cords, I trust?"

"Yes he...do seam to have a bit of a lack of an indoor voice. Do you think that is from an earlier life Sir?"

He shook his head, "It happens on a rare occasion still, but as far as I understand only when other means of restraint is entirely unavailable. The most common restraints, i think, are anti-magic cells and enchanted handcuffs... I can't lie, the cuffs will not be pleasant for you, but the cells... not actually all that uncomfortable. For limited periods of time, mind you."

"I am not really sure how I am going to handle that...if they use restraints on me when I go for that trial...do you think they will do that Sir? I mean I am not resisting..."
Kyle muttered and he did not look happy at the prospect.
"I am glad they do not generally break pepole's hands tough."
He muttered a little relieved and looked down at his long fingers.

He nodded, "If she thinks you need to remember something from a past life, your Grudge ghost will let you know. Quite likely at a very inconvenient time for whatever plans you might have."

"Ah I see they expect to get your attention when it is convenient for them now do they these souls."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Well I look forwards to it."

He shook his head briskly, "There will be no separating us; Kyle stays close to me at all times. That is not up for debate. Chief Morgan would have my head. On two separate platters, one of which to be sent gift-wrapped to the Senior Quaesitor."

"Well we are going to have to try to avoid your head being cut in two and sent around now don't we Colin, what do you want to do while you are being examined though?"
Richard asked.
"I can watch Kyle while Colin is getting his scan."
Freddy offered.

He nodded to Kyle, "The hands are off limits. If it comes to that, are the jugular vein or carotid artery viable alternatives?"

Richard sigh he did not have the greatest patience when fear got in the way of his job.
"Very well it is your choice Colin...the jugular can be used but it is generally rather painful as the skin on the neck are rather thick and leathery and one will need a fairly large needle to get in, the boy will also need to stay completely still while I work or he will end up harming himself the same with the arteries I generally would not use neck veins if there was any other option. Hum...if the hands are a problem we can look at his feet there are usually good veins there but again sticking him there will hurt more...I doubt there will be an issue though like I said he is thin."
Richard commented as he turned towards the hospital.
"If there was talk about sedating him we could do that first that should eliminate most of the discomfort, we can also use some numbing spray or magick to limit what pain he feels. The way I suggjest we do it is that I start with Freddy while the nurse assess Kyle and gets him ready, if he is nervous that can take a little bit of time anyway and then we handle the scan on him and Freddy can watch him while I scan you."
The Akashic suggested.
"If there is a trouble with him I can call for my Mentor, if he is not busy at the moment he works in pediatrics so he will be more used to dealing with children and teenagers and their needs."
Your Cabalmate offered.

(OOC: Being a woman is nothing I have really had any problem with when it comes to geeky interests, I guess that not being pretty have it's advantages and I can not really think I have ever been treated differently from men. It was more that the club I first joined where full of assholes and they generally made new players feel unwlecome, they found out I am Pagan and would not let up about that, would make fun of any mistake I or other new players made scammed new players in trade and generally where petty and cruel but my gender was not really the thing that is the issue I think. Though I have to say that eventually beating the club's best player twice in a row was quite delicious, tough he was really the only one among them who where nice.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:14 am

"That it is, and I am going to send a letter to a man I know on Horizon, a kindly old Bonisagus who have been searching for an apprentice. He will treat the boy well and on Horizon there is little chance of him running into any Massassa again." Jeffry said and smiled. "If the Master Bonisagus takes him in that means he will be safe and protected and he will have a place to heal and grow."

"Finally a bit of good news."

"Our spirits seam to be fine I have examined them all, including your spiderlings and my imps, probably the bane did not get enough through the wards to affect them."

"Good."

"I have heard of souls incarnating together having various roles in relation to one another through the lifetimes. Mr Wainwright is fairly convinced that he can find a way to restore a Fallen Avatar and part of me must believe him since I have taken in Kyle...I guess that is what we are going to have to work towards then restoring Miss Alexander's Avatar so that tandem cycle of her and your souls can be complete again but I would be lying if I did not say it worry me that you have such a spiritual relation to a Fallen soul. As for records about Einje and Arto I will see what I can find out and yes off course I will be discreet about it."

Adley chewed at his lip a moment and then wrote out: 'There is more. I also knew my brother, also, not once but in two lifetimes. And in one of those lives, before we met in this one, he too Fell.'

"Now that I can do...let me see not long after you and your group left Devon Miles ayoung Etherite came..."
The Chief was interrupted as he begun telling you what had happened since last night by a knock on his door. "Ah excuse me." He said and went to open. You hear Miss White, George's servant say something about a quite rude woman telling her to give him a note, and the Chief tanking her and closing the door, then as he looked at the note he gave a long string of his favorite Greek words and a few that he reserved for special occasions.

Adley nodded as he went to answer the door and set to clearing the tablet off and the stretching his hands. It was harder to write at any length in wax than a pen, scribes must have had very strong hands back in the day. However, at the spate of swearing he sat up from his chair. "What has happened now, father?" he asked in Greek.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 am

Anja's Post:

'Would this be a certain Rhode Islander with a... kinda unwelcoming manner?' Nicole replied, raising an eyebrow as she followed the directions given.

'Questions. One, do you know how to defend yourself and two; what do we do when we track her to her destination?' starting to wonder whether it would have been better to ask the Chief for orders before leaving.

'I know we were told not to use our phones... but what about if I called another Chantry within Boston?' she said, biting her lip. 'They may then be able to use a secure method of communication to Steelhaven.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

Basement:

"Many of those living here have seen people die in fights and we are in the middle of a war situation I think that might be why many are telling you that war is not fun."
Kyle said then he raised an eyebrow.
"A bear mage?"

"Yeah!" Serge said glad to have a way out of talking about his naivety.

"She's a shapeshifter. She has a bear form she can turn into. I think she's the second shapeshifter I've met today. I really wanna see one of them using their magick."

Cafeteria

Rosa gave you a thin smile as she sat down.
"I just can't get that man's face out of my mind, he was just standing there in line at the food court, waiting to pay for his meal one moment and then he was dead on the floor...and just as a way to intimiate me and I could do nothing...to stop it."
She muttered and shook her head.
Rosa looked at the drawing and nodded.
"That is pretty good...oh and she had this dot on her right cheek, you know a mole or something, the thing is she sort of looked so ordinary that when she went and killed someone it totally threw me off she looks like someone working in a bank or an office that have two kids at home and are planning dinner on the way home, she just look ordinary an she is an evil bastard that needs to be shut down!"
She muttered softly.

Serge listened respectfully as he added the modifications to the picture, adding the dot to the right cheek and fixing up other details of the picture.

"In this strange world of ours not everyone is who they appear to be. I learned that really quickly when I was studying with my Mentor. We all keep our true selves hidden deep within our minds. Our fears, our hatred, our sadness, and who knows what else. Some people may project an 'ordinary' persona on the outside but deep within they may be evil and malevolent.  I learned to see those hidden emotions and intentions." Serge explained.

"She just do not care about lives at all...there was not even some kind of delight with her in killing that man he was just a tool it meant nothing more for her."
Rosa muttered and shook her head.
"Do you think the others will get her?"

"Of course we'll get her. We're not going to let some crazy reality hating murderer run wild. Preparations are already being made. We handled their attack with ease and our chantry has already helped deal with one Labyrinth. We sure as hell can take care of another. We'll make sure Larson doesn't hurt anyone ever again. " Serge said reassuringly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 am

Adley:

"Finally a bit of good news."

"Agreed, I would have told Mr Wainwright about it as well but I thought Cita might want to honor of telling the man his rote helped save and Avatar...but yes we needed some good news now."

Adley chewed at his lip a moment and then wrote out: 'There is more. I also knew my brother, also, not once but in two lifetimes. And in one of those lives, before we met in this one, he too Fell.'

Jeffry frowned at that.
"I think we are going to have to unravel more of this mystery for everyone's safety. Mr Wainwright also told me about this man that Kyle once was Arto ex Diedne...hum..."
He said.
"We are going to get to the bottom of this Adley do not worry about it."

Adley nodded as he went to answer the door and set to clearing the tablet off and the stretching his hands. It was harder to write at any length in wax than a pen, scribes must have had very strong hands back in the day. However, at the spate of swearing he sat up from his chair. "What has happened now, father?" he asked in Greek.

"Narim have sent one of his co located selves to go searching for the woman see outside the Chantry confusing our poor guardian Umbrood.I suspect he is tracking her ehm...traces in machines. Unlike what this note is saying I doubt he plans on fighting her he is more likely to try to find her and then call for help the problem is that the one he have taken with him for protection is Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said and he handed you Nicole's note.
"I know I should not be to worried Narim Sharaya is a more powerful mage than I am but he is also young and trusting and naive to a fault and while he think the best of everyone I do not yet trust Miss Bouchard...dammit."
He muttered and you saw his coffee begin to bubble in his hand and scraping your wax got allot easier all of a sudden.

Nicole:

'Would this be a certain Rhode Islander with a... kinda unwelcoming manner?' Nicole replied, raising an eyebrow as she followed the directions given.

"The man might come of as a bit stern at times but I have always found him plesant and polite."
Narim said.
"But he might be the man you are thinking about yes Miss."

'Questions. One, do you know how to defend yourself and two; what do we do when we track her to her destination?' starting to wonder whether it would have been better to ask the Chief for orders before leaving.

"We should not trace her to her destination, we trace her until we get a lock on her and then we call the Chief...I can defend myself I guess, mostly by being elsewhere, but I am not a war mage, it is better for me to get a trace on exactly where she is and then let someone else handle that part."
Narim said a bit uneasy.
"I would call the Chief but the local cell towards have an Umbrood in it I am trying to banish...I could send a co located part of me to speak with the Chief for orders though, that might be wise."
The Virtual Adept agreed and nodded.

'I know we were told not to use our phones... but what about if I called another Chantry within Boston?' she said, biting her lip. 'They may then be able to use a secure method of communication to Steelhaven.'

"I am not so sure that will be safe either, but like I said I could deliver a message as I am also working on tasks at the Chantry at the moment."
Narim offered.
"What should I tell the Chief?"

Serge:

Basement:

"Yeah!" Serge said glad to have a way out of talking about his naivety.

"She's a shapeshifter. She has a bear form she can turn into. I think she's the second shapeshifter I've met today. I really wanna see one of them using their magick."

"That is so cool I might just tip over and die!"
Kyle exclaimed.
"I wonder if I ever will be able to work magick like that. I hope I get to meet this mage soon."
He said excitedly.

Cafeteria:

Serge listened respectfully as he added the modifications to the picture, adding the dot to the right cheek and fixing up other details of the picture.

"In this strange world of ours not everyone is who they appear to be. I learned that really quickly when I was studying with my Mentor. We all keep our true selves hidden deep within our minds. Our fears, our hatred, our sadness, and who knows what else. Some people may project an 'ordinary' persona on the outside but deep within they may be evil and malevolent. I learned to see those hidden emotions and intentions." Serge explained.

Rosa nodded at that.
"Hum...you are probably right, but from what I have heard about the Nephandi I would expect someone who looked like some sort of horror not a office working soccer mom."
She muttered.
"But yes my Mentor said something similar, that we all fear a mask of how we want to be seen and that might not match to well with how we really are."
She said and nodded.

"Of course we'll get her. We're not going to let some crazy reality hating murderer run wild. Preparations are already being made. We handled their attack with ease and our chantry has already helped deal with one Labyrinth. We sure as hell can take care of another. We'll make sure Larson doesn't hurt anyone ever again. " Serge said reassuringly.

"It is not right what she did not right at all and somehow it is even worse that she did it against a sleeper who could not defend himself, that woman needs to be taken down and be brought to justice."
Rosa muttered.
"I hope you are right Serge that the strike team will get her...I really hope so."
She said looking concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then her eyes widened when it sank in properly. 'Wait... you can be in two places at once?' her curiousity obvious. It was almost as good as the idea to make an android of yourself and make it do the boring things, like standing in the queue at the DMV... '-no, not important. Well, at least the communication problem is solved.' perking up a bit.

'Okay, we'll continue to your plan then.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 am

Narim scratched his head and looked a little self conscious.
"Yes I can be in two...or more places at once, or rather I can operate in more than one perceived space at once, after all everything is happening in one point infinitely large and infinitely small. Currently I am here but I am also working on solving our communications issues and I am contacting some allies to try to get food for our vampiric guests...it is a useful skill to have."
He said and smiled a little.

"Yes...I should be able to just walk down and ask the Chief what he think we should do..."
He said then he pointed.
"Ok take to the right here...it seams our target took the bus...yes...I have a trace here...hum..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 am

'I was thinking 'bout that... what about animals? Nobody likes raccoons.' Nicole replied on the dietary needs of the least-wanted Chantry inhabitants.

Following his order, Nicole took a right, then hung back a little - after all, didn't want it too obvious they were tailing it and a bus is frankly hard to lose. 'Don't like the sound of that, me.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 am

"That is a possibility if I can not secure a human source. I have a vampire friend and he buys from this guy who sells of blood that the blood bank can't use, for example f the donor have reported getting a flue or some other illness within a certain amount of days after donation or if something else is discovered when the blood is tested, this contact of my friend then sneak this blood away and sells it, I will see what I can arrange with that but if that don't work then a butcher shop might do."
Narim said as he looked down on his phone looking for the electronic and magickal traces of the Nephanda who had bothered the Chantry's Umbroods.

"Hum...what I don't like is that she is not going in the direction of where we know portals into the Labyrinth is, you would expect a Nephanda who have been discovered and know she is being tracked since she is removing her traces would head for the safety of home as soon as she could but she is not..."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm

'Uh-huh. Wait.. doesn't donated blood have chemicals in it or something?' Nicole replied, a slightly puzzled look on her face, as though trying to remember something.

'Perhaps "home" is a different place to what we thought it was. Or, knows she's being tracked so she's going to have fun getting us to spend a few hours following her around the city. Do we even know for sure she's Fallen in the first place?' continuing to follow the bus at a discreet distance.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 pm

"I am not sure actually medicine is not my strong suit but I doubt it matters much, it is not the fluid vampires eat, it is a little like with Verbena blood witches it is not the fluid that is important but the energy in the fluid. It is worth a shot at least worst case they do not get nourished by it and then we have to think of something else, if there is chemicals it should not be harmful to them at least."
Narim said as he looked down on his screen and tapped at it every now and again.

"We do not know she is Fallen, from what I was told one of our magi who have the ability to see auras said her aura was similar to that of one of the Fallen prisoners, but until we can examine her Avatar we just don't know for sure."
Narim said then he frowned.
"The woman might be trying to lead us on a wild goose chase or into a trap...or yes her home might be different than what we suspect."
"Ok I have what information I can get from the on board cameras on the bus...she got off in Mattapan at stop 37...I have her passing a kiosk there about fifteen minutes ago."
The technomancer muttered more to himself than you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm

The young mage gave a nod then he sigh.
"I try to do that but I am not always able to Sir."
He admitted.
Colin smiled, "Nobody can succeed every time... and nobody expects you to. However, we do expect you to not simply give up."

"Well it do sound fun I am going to have to check it out I like science fiction stories, and fantasy."
The young widderslainte said and smiled.
"I hope you get the lost episodes back then Sir since they mean so much to you."
He smirked, "Not only that - but the BBC would pay dearly for a copy of the complete first two Doctors... Of course, so long as they never found out from whence those recordings came."

The little girl you spoke about me being friends with in a few months visited you in the future and this sand is the residue of her Avatar becoming...un Fallen? Do that hurt it? How do that work? How can that sand even be physical?"
Kyle asked question after question.
"Well she sounds like an interesting girl."
He smiled thinly, "She visited me from the future, not half an hour ago, and the sand is essentially that. It didn't hurt it - there's another method which I expect you'll be shown which is a bit more strenuous, but quicker. And... I don't actually understand all that much about the sand yet; I only have a few memories of it, and the slightest of insight into it from today. I will, of course, understand if you decide to back out of trying to touch the sand - I told you about it with an intent as much to intrigue you as to warn you that it can be painful to the touch."

Kyle looked rather nervous and he played with his ear stud not seaming to know where to put his hands.
"I...ehm see Sir I...ok...but I mean it is not going to kill me dead or something like that or hurt that ghost woman you say live inside of my soul right?"
He muttered.
He shook his head, "I have no reason to believe it would be that traumatic. Though you might pass out or panic."

"Yeah my Dad is a good man and I mean one thing is wanting to stand and fight and another is throwing one's life away in the bast I had to run, but perhaps I will not have to anymore. I am looking forward to learning under Master Morgan though he seams nice...gruff but nice..."
He smiled, "Chief Morgan is a strict but understanding man - possessed of more wisdom than most."

"That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard Sir without insulin she would die. I think the problem with zero tolerance policies is that it remove all sense, reason and personal judgment from a situation and that is dangerous."
Kyle said and rolled his eyes.
He nodded, "Perhaps it is not the most stupid thing I have heard of, but certainly safely in the top five. And yes, that is one of the most glaring problems with zero tolerance policies."

"Well someone have to do it right and better me than a prisoner that do not have a choice...it is never good to have things done to you without having a choice."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
He nodded, "I... would not have tested it on a prisoner without consent. It would not be moral or ethical to do so, even if that would mean bringing an untested asset into battle."

"Yes he...do seam to have a bit of a lack of an indoor voice. Do you think that is from an earlier life Sir?"
He shrugged, "I don't know. I don't even know if I will ever know. What I do know is that he sounds a lot more hoarse and quiet when his magic is restrained - if he's stepped inside a magic-suppressing cell or the like. That is a strange quirk of magic, but I don't know whether that's a consequence of a past life, or simply magic playing silly buggers with him in this life."
He frowned, "Hum, that might be the root of... ah, I should not speculate in his absence."

"I am not really sure how I am going to handle that...if they use restraints on me when I go for that trial...do you think they will do that Sir? I mean I am not resisting..."
Kyle muttered and he did not look happy at the prospect.
"I am glad they do not generally break pepole's hands tough."
He muttered a little relieved and looked down at his long fingers.
He nodded, "I think it is more likely to happen in poorer Chantries who cannot afford the serum or physical restraints, though it is more likely to happen to Hermetics, known for using hand gestures, than other Traditions better known for other methods. In any case, the courts on Horizon can't afford to look poor or cheap like that, so I'm fairly sure you'll get some sturdy cuffs, if not your magic is simply suppressed by someone of comparable ability to your father."

"Ah I see they expect to get your attention when it is convenient for them now do they these souls."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Well I look forwards to it."
He nodded, "Essentially so, yes. However, it is almost certainly not going to be at a time and place where it would be physically dangerous to you - it might happen immediately after battle, as it did to me this past week, or while you're watching a movie in front of your own TV, or any other circumstances that won't put you in immediate danger."

"Well we are going to have to try to avoid your head being cut in two and sent around now don't we Colin, what do you want to do while you are being examined though?"
Richard asked.
"I can watch Kyle while Colin is getting his scan."
Freddy offered.
He nodded, "Having Freddy hold on to him while I am in the scanner will suffice. Hum, in five years, I threw up a fairly simple radiation shield for myself for scanning my apprentice - unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge of how to do so now, otherwise, I could have provided Kyle with the same for my scan, and I could sit with him for his..."

Richard sigh he did not have the greatest patience when fear got in the way of his job.
"Very well it is your choice Colin...the jugular can be used but it is generally rather painful as the skin on the neck are rather thick and leathery and one will need a fairly large needle to get in, the boy will also need to stay completely still while I work or he will end up harming himself the same with the arteries I generally would not use neck veins if there was any other option. Hum...if the hands are a problem we can look at his feet there are usually good veins there but again sticking him there will hurt more...I doubt there will be an issue though like I said he is thin."
Richard commented as he turned towards the hospital.
"If there was talk about sedating him we could do that first that should eliminate most of the discomfort, we can also use some numbing spray or magick to limit what pain he feels. The way I suggjest we do it is that I start with Freddy while the nurse assess Kyle and gets him ready, if he is nervous that can take a little bit of time anyway and then we handle the scan on him and Freddy can watch him while I scan you."
The Akashic suggested.
"If there is a trouble with him I can call for my Mentor, if he is not busy at the moment he works in pediatrics so he will be more used to dealing with children and teenagers and their needs."
Your Cabalmate offered.
He nodded, "Actually, it's Kyle's choice. I promised him that if he starts freaking out, we stop, then and there - give him a moment to breathe and calm down, see if we can try again. Legs or feet might be a good alternative to arms; better than the neck, yes."
He looked at Kyle, "Does that sound acceptable?"
He frowned, "I've had a... bit of an episode with a pediatric nurse earlier this morning - your Mentor, is he good with listening to the kids and respecting their boundaries, or more the type to get things done and over with?"

((OOC: Yeah, I think you might be able to get relatively(!) comfortable with the tournament crowd - being official events, overseen by Outland staff, misconduct unrelated to the game itself is in fact grounds for being booted out, as I understand the rules. Some of the players might be a little more detached than others, but there's a cordial tone with everyone. So long as nobody is a poor loser. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'It's just something I heard about blood banks once. Might not be true.' she replied, giving a "you know how it is" shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm. "Similar" is not "same".' tapping the steering-wheel with slight annoyance. 'But she was - we think - doing something to the Guardian. And usually when you're clearing tracks it means you were up to something.'

Anja's Post:

'Give thanks to the Feds and Mirrorshades for Big Brother, eh? Okay; direct me - I've never driven here before.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Nobody can succeed every time... and nobody expects you to. However, we do expect you to not simply give up."

"I am not going to just give up Sir."
Kyle promised.
"Or at least I will try not to."

He smirked, "Not only that - but the BBC would pay dearly for a copy of the complete first two Doctors... Of course, so long as they never found out from whence those recordings came."

"Well there is that as well, I hope you get them then Sir for both reasons."

He smiled thinly, "She visited me from the future, not half an hour ago, and the sand is essentially that. It didn't hurt it - there's another method which I expect you'll be shown which is a bit more strenuous, but quicker.

"There is more then one method for someone like me to cleanse ourselves."
Kyle said and he looked a little surprised.
"I did not think there was any methods at all."

And... I don't actually understand all that much about the sand yet; I only have a few memories of it, and the slightest of insight into it from today. I will, of course, understand if you decide to back out of trying to touch the sand - I told you about it with an intent as much to intrigue you as to warn you that it can be painful to the touch."

"I see, well I am intrigued...and rather terrified but I hope to be able to be brave and actually touch it."
Kyle muttered a bit nervously.
"And besides like I said someone have to do it and it is better it is someone who is willing than someone who is forced into it...it is no fun to be forced to do thing or have things done to you against your will."

He shook his head, "I have no reason to believe it would be that traumatic. Though you might pass out or panic."

"O...ok...well I do not want to experience that but...I ehm..."
He swallowed hard.
"I can do it anyway...I assume someone will be there to make sure I don't hurt myself or anything if I panic..."

He smiled, "Chief Morgan is a strict but understanding man - possessed of more wisdom than most."

"Yeah he is pretty cool and he is sort of saving my bacon so yeah I owe him allot and I will try to do right by him."
The young mage promised.

He nodded, "Perhaps it is not the most stupid thing I have heard of, but certainly safely in the top five. And yes, that is one of the most glaring problems with zero tolerance policies."

Kyle nodded at that and rolled his eyes again.

He nodded, "I... would not have tested it on a prisoner without consent. It would not be moral or ethical to do so, even if that would mean bringing an untested asset into battle."

"Bringing something untested into battle is not good..."
Kyle said then he added seriously.
"It is good however that you would not force such a test on a prisoner against their will."

He shrugged, "I don't know. I don't even know if I will ever know. What I do know is that he sounds a lot more hoarse and quiet when his magic is restrained - if he's stepped inside a magic-suppressing cell or the like. That is a strange quirk of magic, but I don't know whether that's a consequence of a past life, or simply magic playing silly buggers with him in this life."
He frowned, "Hum, that might be the root of... ah, I should not speculate in his absence."

"Hum...I am sure what I can add to that Sir, I do not know much about such matters, but yeah it is probably not good to speculate when my brother is not here."
Kyle agreed.

He nodded, "I think it is more likely to happen in poorer Chantries who cannot afford the serum or physical restraints, though it is more likely to happen to Hermetics, known for using hand gestures, than other Traditions better known for other methods.

Kyle shuddered a little and looked down at his hands.
"Having one's hands broken like that must hurt allot..."
He whispered.
"How do those it happen to deal with it."

In any case, the courts on Horizon can't afford to look poor or cheap like that, so I'm fairly sure you'll get some sturdy cuffs, if not your magic is simply suppressed by someone of comparable ability to your father."

"I am relieved they will not harm me...but I am not sure I can handle being restrained for a long period of time either."
Kyle muttered nervously.
"I am going to freak out!"

He nodded, "Essentially so, yes. However, it is almost certainly not going to be at a time and place where it would be physically dangerous to you - it might happen immediately after battle, as it did to me this past week, or while you're watching a movie in front of your own TV, or any other circumstances that won't put you in immediate danger."

The young widderslainte nodded at that.
"I see I don't know if I should be exited about her communicating with me like that or apprehensive."

He nodded, "Having Freddy hold on to him while I am in the scanner will suffice. Hum, in five years, I threw up a fairly simple radiation shield for myself for scanning my apprentice - unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge of how to do so now, otherwise, I could have provided Kyle with the same for my scan, and I could sit with him for his..."

"I can do something similar I can not block radiation in itself but I can made your body and his immune to it's effect for a short period of time...the boy is young and if he is a bit nervous having someone there might prevent him moving around and messing up the scan."
Richard offered.

He nodded, "Actually, it's Kyle's choice. I promised him that if he starts freaking out, we stop, then and there - give him a moment to breathe and calm down, see if we can try again. Legs or feet might be a good alternative to arms; better than the neck, yes."

"I would not usually advice giving final say in a medical situation to a minor, but that is up to you Colin, very well if Kyle say stop we stop."
Richard said but he frowned at the notion.

He looked at Kyle, "Does that sound acceptable?"

Kyle nodded.
"Trying my feet? yeah that works, when I take a hot shover and look down I see blue lines on my feet, those are veins right?"
He asked.

He frowned, "I've had a... bit of an episode with a pediatric nurse earlier this morning - your Mentor, is he good with listening to the kids and respecting their boundaries, or more the type to get things done and over with?"

"My Mentor do listen to the kids and are usually the one holding back when the parents want to get things done when the children are not ready, he is quite good at his job."
Richard said proud about his teacher.

Nicole:

It's just something I heard about blood banks once. Might not be true.' she replied, giving a "you know how it is" shrug.

"I have no idea but there might be some sort of chemical put in the blood to keep it alive and usable, you will have to ask Dr Lee our physician about that. My vampire friend use blood from blood banks at times and it do not seam to harm him so I think our guests will be fine."
Narim said.

'Hmm. "Similar" is not "same".' tapping the steering-wheel with slight annoyance. 'But she was - we think - doing something to the Guardian. And usually when you're clearing tracks it means you were up to something.'

"She was doing something to the Guardian Jeffry confirmed as much and he is quite good with spirits...as for covering her tracks you may be right Miss but at the same thing she might just be trying to avoid getting captured."
The Virtual Adept commented.

'Give thanks to the Feds and Mirrorshades for Big Brother, eh? Okay; direct me - I've never driven here before.'

"Ok...take to the left here..."
Narim said and he begun directing you until you got to a rather run down neighborhood, a slum really. Along the side walk though you see three men, all three wearing nice, black suits, freshly pressed, white shirts and black ties and they really looked out of place in this poor neighborhood.
"I am not so sure I would want to thank the Union for anything...however...hum well that trio stuck out like a sore thumb."
Narim said and pointed with his phone at the trio that stood by a liquor store talking among themselves about something.

(OOC: That sounds fair enough. And no I am not a sore looser, I would rather play well against a better player then winning with little challenge, that is how I get better at it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 pm

"I am not going to just give up Sir."
Kyle promised.
"Or at least I will try not to."
Colin nodded, "I have faith in that, as does your new Mentor."

"There is more then one method for someone like me to cleanse ourselves."
Kyle said and he looked a little surprised.
"I did not think there was any methods at all."
He nodded, "For the longest time, nobody tried... and the one time someone tried and succeeded, there was... well, let's say what happened should not have."

"I see, well I am intrigued...and rather terrified but I hope to be able to be brave and actually touch it."
Kyle muttered a bit nervously.
"And besides like I said someone have to do it and it is better it is someone who is willing than someone who is forced into it...it is no fun to be forced to do thing or have things done to you against your will."
He smiled, "We'll see after we return from the hospital, alright?"

"O...ok...well I do not want to experience that but...I ehm..."
He swallowed hard.
"I can do it anyway...I assume someone will be there to make sure I don't hurt myself or anything if I panic..."
He nodded, "It's hardly as though I'd leave you alone in my apartment at this stage. I, at least, will be there. I believe that should suffice... and Dr. Lee should be nearby, in any case."

"Bringing something untested into battle is not good..."
Kyle said then he added seriously.
"It is good however that you would not force such a test on a prisoner against their will."
He nodded, "The Geneva Conventions prohibit such actions against prisoners of war... and make no mistake, this is a war, for the very fabric of reality. Unfortunately, none of the participants signed those Conventions, so I'm not precisely universally supported in adhering to those ideals. All the same, I am compelled to honour them."

"Hum...I am sure what I can add to that Sir, I do not know much about such matters, but yeah it is probably not good to speculate when my brother is not here."
Kyle agreed.
He nodded, "Let's keep that between you and me, shall we?"

Kyle shuddered a little and looked down at his hands.
"Having one's hands broken like that must hurt allot..."
He whispered.
"How do those it happen to deal with it."
He frowned, "As a general rule, I believe those hands are healed properly at the earliest opportunity. And... not all that many deal well with it, even if fully restored. It's a cruel, even if occasionally necessary practice. Of course, finger-binding is more common by far - tying the hands together in an immobilising manner..."

"I am relieved they will not harm me...but I am not sure I can handle being restrained for a long period of time either."
Kyle muttered nervously.
"I am going to freak out!"
He nodded, "Now, there's something your lawyer will quite likely be able to help with - a pair of enchanted cuffs should work just as well on one wrist as on two for suppressing your magic, and with that in place, you might be afforded relief from corporeal restraints. It will not serve anyone's case if the defendant is suffering panic attacks from something peripheral to the issues at hand."

The young widderslainte nodded at that.
"I see I don't know if I should be exited about her communicating with me like that or apprehensive."
He grinned, "I think the correct answer would be a bit of both, or somewhere in the middle."

"I can do something similar I can not block radiation in itself but I can made your body and his immune to it's effect for a short period of time...the boy is young and if he is a bit nervous having someone there might prevent him moving around and messing up the scan."
Richard offered.
He nodded, "That... would be quite a good option, yes. A physical assurance that someone is there - though not quite holding his hand. I trust that immunity would not extend so far as to make the scans moot?"

"I would not usually advice giving final say in a medical situation to a minor, but that is up to you Colin, very well if Kyle say stop we stop."
Richard said but he frowned at the notion.
He nodded, "My apprentice flatlined this morning, when a nurse blithely ignored her reservations. While I agree with you in principle, I must give special consideration to actual phobias. Especially when they are founded in past trauma... Minors or adults alike."

Kyle nodded.
"Trying my feet? yeah that works, when I take a hot shover and look down I see blue lines on my feet, those are veins right?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Sounds about right... Very well, then, it's decided - if arms aren't viable, legs are option 2."

"My Mentor do listen to the kids and are usually the one holding back when the parents want to get things done when the children are not ready, he is quite good at his job."
Richard said proud about his teacher.
He smiled, "Very well, then, if Kyle starts losing his cool, call in your Mentor."

((OOC: I'll admit, I've let out some very peculiar outbursts at a few defeats, but some of those takedowns have been pretty damn impressive. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Colin nodded, "I have faith in that, as does your new Mentor."

"Thank you Sir."
Kyle said and smiled.

He nodded, "For the longest time, nobody tried... and the one time someone tried and succeeded, there was... well, let's say what happened should not have."

"That do not sound good, not good at all what happened to that person?"
The young widderslainte asked.

He smiled, "We'll see after we return from the hospital, alright?"

Kyle nodded solemnly at that he looked a bit nervous though.

He nodded, "It's hardly as though I'd leave you alone in my apartment at this stage. I, at least, will be there. I believe that should suffice... and Dr. Lee should be nearby, in any case."

"Yeah he probably should...ok then...that is good then I should not get seriously hurt then right?"
Kyle muttered.

He nodded, "The Geneva Conventions prohibit such actions against prisoners of war... and make no mistake, this is a war, for the very fabric of reality. Unfortunately, none of the participants signed those Conventions, so I'm not precisely universally supported in adhering to those ideals. All the same, I am compelled to honour them."

"Having some standards for how one treat a prisoner is a good thing I think Sir, I mean it is easy to become a monster, perhaps not so easy for others as for me but even so being careful about it is a good idea."
Kyle said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "Let's keep that between you and me, shall we?"

"Ok...yeah we probably should keep it between us Mr Wainwright."
The young widderslainte agreed.

He frowned, "As a general rule, I believe those hands are healed properly at the earliest opportunity. And... not all that many deal well with it, even if fully restored. It's a cruel, even if occasionally necessary practice. Of course, finger-binding is more common by far - tying the hands together in an immobilising manner..."

Kyle nodded and he looked a little uneasy.
"I would not want anyone to do something like that tome Sir, hand binding is better and no I suppose most do not deal that well with having their hands broken but it is good they are healed as soon as possible, then they can start getting over the trauma."
He muttered and looked down on his hands again and shuddered a bit.

He nodded, "Now, there's something your lawyer will quite likely be able to help with - a pair of enchanted cuffs should work just as well on one wrist as on two for suppressing your magic, and with that in place, you might be afforded relief from corporeal restraints. It will not serve anyone's case if the defendant is suffering panic attacks from something peripheral to the issues at hand."

"I hope you are right Sir...I guess I can try to talk with Master Morgan about my fear of being restrained so he can tell my lawyer about it and perhaps some solution can be found, but I have to admit to being a little worried, I am more terrified about the trial itself off course but being restrained will not be fun..."
He muttered and gave a worried frown.

He grinned, "I think the correct answer would be a bit of both, or somewhere in the middle."

The young widderslainte just nodded at that and smiled.
"You are probably right Sir."

He nodded, "That... would be quite a good option, yes. A physical assurance that someone is there - though not quite holding his hand. I trust that immunity would not extend so far as to make the scans moot?"

"The x-rays will not be stopped so no the protection will not disturb the scan itself it will simply give your cells resistance to the damage such radiation causes."
Richard explain.

He nodded, "My apprentice flatlined this morning, when a nurse blithely ignored her reservations. While I agree with you in principle, I must give special consideration to actual phobias. Especially when they are founded in past trauma... Minors or adults alike."

The Akashic sigh.
"I hope your apprentice will be ok Colin, and congratulations on getting one...I agree if a child, or an adult is truly scared then one need to be careful and gentle about it, but at the end of the day some things one just have to do."
He said.
"Your apprentice have medical phobias then? Strong ones?"

He nodded, "Sounds about right... Very well, then, it's decided - if arms aren't viable, legs are option 2."

Kyle nodded in agreement. Richard swung the car into the hospital's busy parking lot and found the spot reserved for him, marked with Dr R. Lee with a metal sign on the wall next to the parking spot.
"Very well that works for me, I am sure we can sort something out."
The Akashic said.
"Very well are you guys ready then? If you will just follow me down to the X-ray lab I have made sure we have a treatment room to ourselves and then we will have to use the CT between other patients."
He informed you.

He smiled, "Very well, then, if Kyle starts losing his cool, call in your Mentor."

Richard nodded at that.
"I am sure the boy will be fine, and we will make sure he will not face more discomfort that absolutely necessary."

(OOC: If one get a tier 1 Modern deck they can be pretty brutal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:01 pm

"That do not sound good, not good at all what happened to that person?"
The young widderslainte asked.
Colin frowned, "She was... well... her story is not yet over; by the looks of it, she will receive a new Avatar soon... what happened to her was still wrong and horrible."

"Yeah he probably should...ok then...that is good then I should not get seriously hurt then right?"
Kyle muttered.
He nodded, "I think it will trigger memories with full sensory ranges. The late summer days of my youth, lying back on the grassy hillsides of the Kentish coast, with the feel of the grass and the smell of the sea on the wind... For the Fallen, though, hmm... it might trigger memories of the Caul, actually, which would be pretty awful and painful memories. But there should be no injury involved.""

"Having some standards for how one treat a prisoner is a good thing I think Sir, I mean it is easy to become a monster, perhaps not so easy for others as for me but even so being careful about it is a good idea."
Kyle said and nodded in agreement.
He frowned, "Anyone can become a monster very easily... and with the flimsiest of pretenses. You actually have an advantage in being more acutely aware of those predilections; you've learned how to resist acting on them."

Kyle nodded and he looked a little uneasy.
"I would not want anyone to do something like that tome Sir, hand binding is better and no I suppose most do not deal that well with having their hands broken but it is good they are healed as soon as possible, then they can start getting over the trauma."
He muttered and looked down on his hands again and shuddered a bit.
He nodded, "No, it would not be pleasant... I still believe you'll be entirely spared of hand-tampering."

"I hope you are right Sir...I guess I can try to talk with Master Morgan about my fear of being restrained so he can tell my lawyer about it and perhaps some solution can be found, but I have to admit to being a little worried, I am more terrified about the trial itself off course but being restrained will not be fun..."
He muttered and gave a worried frown.
He nodded, "You should speak with your Mentor about that - if not, how could he help?"

The Akashic sigh.
"I hope your apprentice will be ok Colin, and congratulations on getting one...I agree if a child, or an adult is truly scared then one need to be careful and gentle about it, but at the end of the day some things one just have to do."
He said.
"Your apprentice have medical phobias then? Strong ones?"
He frowned, "Anna was forced to watch... recreational lobotomies for several years. Needles or anything involving her brain is... not a good topic for discussion in her presence. We will have to find some means of sheltering her until she can get her phobia under control; her immune system is... not in a good condition. We might have to review everyone's vaccination status in the Chantry..."

Kyle nodded in agreement. Richard swung the car into the hospital's busy parking lot and found the spot reserved for him, marked with Dr R. Lee with a metal sign on the wall next to the parking spot.
"Very well that works for me, I am sure we can sort something out."
The Akashic said.
"Very well are you guys ready then? If you will just follow me down to the X-ray lab I have made sure we have a treatment room to ourselves and then we will have to use the CT between other patients."
He informed you.
He nodded, gently helping Kyle out of the car with a gentle grip at the boy's elbow, rather than his hand, "Very good... Stay close; we don't want any scrutiny; the handcuffs on Kyle's wrist could be considered conspicuous-looking..."

Richard nodded at that.
"I am sure the boy will be fine, and we will make sure he will not face more discomfort that absolutely necessary."
He nodded with a smile down at Kyle, "He's a brave kid; I expect he'll do his best."

((OOC: That's one thing, but some of those combos I've been taken out with have been more in the WTF category than merely brutal. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Basement:

"That is so cool I might just tip over and die!"
Kyle exclaimed.
"I wonder if I ever will be able to work magick like that. I hope I get to meet this mage soon."
He said excitedly.

"I'm pretty sure it requires hardcore life magick to do stuff like that." Serge said excitedly.

"I doubt I'll ever be able to reach that level but you might. You still got a lot of time left to learn. Mix it with some of that pyromancy your able to do and you might be able to turn into a fire bear!"

Rosa nodded at that.
"Hum...you are probably right, but from what I have heard about the Nephandi I would expect someone who looked like some sort of horror not a office working soccer mom."
She muttered.
"But yes my Mentor said something similar, that we all fear a mask of how we want to be seen and that might not match to well with how we really are."
She said and nodded.

"The Nephandi who have those mutations usually attempt to hide them as best they can or get them removed entirely. But those who can't are normally not a threat because you know exactly what they are." Serge said remembering Martha.

"When I first arrived here I was tasked with interrogating one of our Nephandi prisoners. He told me that some of the most dangerous Nephandi are the ones who look the most normal. The ones who can blend into society and cause trouble from the shadows." Serge said remembering Siege.

"It is not right what she did not right at all and somehow it is even worse that she did it against a sleeper who could not defend himself, that woman needs to be taken down and be brought to justice."
Rosa muttered.
"I hope you are right Serge that the strike team will get her...I really hope so."
She said looking concerned.

"That's why we're doing this. Preparing to take her down. If our strike team can take down one Nephandi leader they can take down another." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:48 pm

"I think we are going to have to unravel more of this mystery for everyone's safety. Mr Wainwright also told me about this man that Kyle once was Arto ex Diedne...hum..." He said. "We are going to get to the bottom of this Adley do not worry about it."

He nodded. "There's more to it but I think right now we need to focus on surviving to figure it out."

"Narim have sent one of his co located selves to go searching for the woman see outside the Chantry confusing our poor guardian Umbrood.I suspect he is tracking her ehm...traces in machines. Unlike what this note is saying I doubt he plans on fighting her he is more likely to try to find her and then call for help the problem is that the one he have taken with him for protection is Miss Bouchard." Jeffry said and he handed you Nicole's note. "I know I should not be to worried Narim Sharaya is a more powerful mage than I am but he is also young and trusting and naive to a fault and while he think the best of everyone I do not yet trust Miss Bouchard...dammit."
He muttered and you saw his coffee begin to bubble in his hand and scraping your wax got allot easier all of a sudden.

"What?" he said in surprise. "But she was just here!" he said, confused. He the the note and looking at it, alarm growing on his face. He felt as if his heart had just stepped into an elevator and there was no car in it. "But..." He started, then put a hand through his hair and forced himself to think. "Okay, what's the plan, sir? If they're planning on surveillance and calling in a team, we'll need a team. And if it's a trap of some kind, we'd better be double ready. Right?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "She was... well... her story is not yet over; by the looks of it, she will receive a new Avatar soon... what happened to her was still wrong and horrible."

"They...oh shit...poor woman...wait new Avatar and in a new magick organ is that even possible?"
Kyle asked wide eyed.

He nodded, "I think it will trigger memories with full sensory ranges. The late summer days of my youth, lying back on the grassy hillsides of the Kentish coast, with the feel of the grass and the smell of the sea on the wind... For the Fallen, though, hmm... it might trigger memories of the Caul, actually, which would be pretty awful and painful memories. But there should be no injury involved.""

"What is a Caul Sir?"
The young mage asked.
"Hum...well I guess it depends then on what sort of memories you get on whatever touching that sand is good or bad."
He muttered a little nervously.

He frowned, "Anyone can become a monster very easily... and with the flimsiest of pretenses. You actually have an advantage in being more acutely aware of those predilections; you've learned how to resist acting on them."

"Yeah maybe but I do not always manage to resist Sir."
The boy muttered shamefully.
"I have harmed animals and it really makes no sense for I like them, let us just say there is a reason why my parents never had another kid..."
He said and looked away.

He nodded, "No, it would not be pleasant... I still believe you'll be entirely spared of hand-tampering."

"Good then...ok...that is a relief..."
The boy said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "You should speak with your Mentor about that - if not, how could he help?"

"I guess you are right Sir but what if my new Mentor think I am weak for having such a problem?"
Kyle asked and he gave you a worried frown.

He frowned, "Anna was forced to watch... recreational lobotomies for several years. Needles or anything involving her brain is... not a good topic for discussion in her presence. We will have to find some means of sheltering her until she can get her phobia under control; her immune system is... not in a good condition. We might have to review everyone's vaccination status in the Chantry..."

"That is terrible poor kid, but if she is sickly it will be hard to never use any needles on her though I guess magickal healing can take care of allot of the issues. As for the vaccination status of everyone at the Chantry now that is going to be a...ehm fun job just about every nation have their own recommendations and some of them have lived in mage society most of their life and do not have any vaccines at all and certainly no records, I guess I could go with the American recommendations and add the ones that Horizon recommends, and set up a schedule for everyone missing some, which with Europeans will be allot...you are giving me quite a project there Colin."
Richard said and sigh.

He nodded, gently helping Kyle out of the car with a gentle grip at the boy's elbow, rather than his hand, "Very good... Stay close; we don't want any scrutiny; the handcuffs on Kyle's wrist could be considered conspicuous-looking..."

You got Kyle out of the car.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
He said and gave you a smile. Richard nodded.
"Yes let us all stay close...ok let us move before we get any questions."
The Akashic said and headed for the hospital entrance.

He nodded with a smile down at Kyle, "He's a brave kid; I expect he'll do his best."

Kyle smiled a little at that, Richard just nodded.

Your group moved through the hospital, you could feel Kyle tensing up he had spent far to much time in places like this as a kid, he tried not to show it but he clearly did not like it here. Freddy to was apprehensive but she was more concerned about what the scan would show. Richard lead you to a small room, there where an examination bench, a desk, two chairs and a supply cabinet. A woman in her mid 40's with short blond hair wearing a nurse's green uniform stood making things ready on a small table she turned when your group came in and Richard presented her.
"This is Mona Cager she is a true believer and my Mentor's Custos so you can speak freely around her, she knows about us."
The Akashic said.
"Miss Cager this is Miss Adlebloom and Mr Wainwright and the boy is Kyle."
He said and Mona gave you all a big smile.
"Hello, please come in make yourself comfortable."

Serge:

Basement:

"I'm pretty sure it requires hardcore life magick to do stuff like that." Serge said excitedly.

"What is Life magick is that one of the terms the Traditions use Serge?"

"I doubt I'll ever be able to reach that level but you might. You still got a lot of time left to learn. Mix it with some of that pyromancy your able to do and you might be able to turn into a fire bear!"

"There is not reason why you should not be able to learn it, you are aware that some of those at the Chantry are hundreds of years old, that you are what five years older than me really don't matter."
Kyle said and raised and eyebrow.
"But yeah turning into a fire bear would be cool."

Cafeteria:

"The Nephandi who have those mutations usually attempt to hide them as best they can or get them removed entirely. But those who can't are normally not a threat because you know exactly what they are." Serge said remembering Martha.

"The Nephandi that mutations?"
Rosa asked and she looked quite confused.

"When I first arrived here I was tasked with interrogating one of our Nephandi prisoners. He told me that some of the most dangerous Nephandi are the ones who look the most normal. The ones who can blend into society and cause trouble from the shadows." Serge said remembering Siege.

"You interrogated a prisoner Serge? That had to be scary but I guess we all have to help out as best we can."
Rosa said and nodded.
"Hum..ok well that makes sense that someone you never suspect is a Nephandus is more dangerous than one that is all covered in puppy guts."
She agreed and frowned.

"That's why we're doing this. Preparing to take her down. If our strike team can take down one Nephandi leader they can take down another." Serge said.

"I really hope you are right Serge, we need to stop the Nephandi's plans"
The newly Awakened mage said firmly.

Adley:

He nodded. "There's more to it but I think right now we need to focus on surviving to figure it out."

"Those are true words mea filius, and survive we will and our enemies will fall before us and then we are going to figure all of this out."
Jeffry said firmly.

"What?" he said in surprise. "But she was just here!" he said, confused. He te the note and looking at it, alarm growing on his face. He felt as if his heart had just stepped into an elevator and there was no car in it. "But..." He started, then put a hand through his hair and forced himself to think. "Okay, what's the plan, sir? If they're planning on surveillance and calling in a team, we'll need a team. And if it's a trap of some kind, we'd better be double ready. Right?"

"Hum...yes we are going to need a team, ok one of us are going to have to talk with one of Narim's other collocated selves, since our phones are suspect that is probably the safest way of communication, the other will get a team together we need to be ready if and when Narim calls for us or if it is a trap..."
Jeffry said.
"I will go and speak with his collocated selves you go scrunch up whoever you find who are not busy on guard duty at the moment and move quickly mea filus we do not know how much time we have before this team is needed."
Your Mentor said as he put his coffee down and hurried out the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:54 pm

"I will go and speak with his collocated selves you go scrunch up whoever you find who are not busy on guard duty at the moment and move quickly mea filus we do not know how much time we have before this team is needed."

"How many people do you want and where should we meet back up?" he asked, stuffing away the frame. "I'll move as fast as I can, but...I can't really run," he admitted, heading for the door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Basement with Kyle:

"What is Life magick is that one of the terms the Traditions use Serge?"

"Yep. The Sphere of Life. Each of the individual traditions calls it something different but that's our shared term for it. Allows you to manipulate....life. Plants, people, biology, and things like that. My tradition actually specializes in it although I never put any focus into it."

"There is not reason why you should not be able to learn it, you are aware that some of those at the Chantry are hundreds of years old, that you are what five years older than me really don't matter."
Kyle said and raised and eyebrow.
"But yeah turning into a fire bear would be cool."

"I've studied Mind Magick almost exclusively for most of my Awakened life, with little jumps into other fields. I don't think I'd have the focus to learn an entirely new branch of magick...especially at such a high level. Still...maybe I could. It'd be fun to turn into a dragon." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Cafeteria:

"The Nephandi that mutations?"
Rosa asked and she looked quite confused.

"Yep. Some of the Nephandi actually do look like the horrors you expected to see." Serge said with a nod. "Extra eyes on their wrists, tentacles coming out of their neck, and other horror movie-esque things."

"You interrogated a prisoner Serge? That had to be scary but I guess we all have to help out as best we can."
Rosa said and nodded.

"Actually he was quite nice. Really talkative as well. He even said that he didn't want to harm me when he was causing chaos in the basement." Serge admitted.

"I really hope you are right Serge, we need to stop the Nephandi's plans"
The newly Awakened mage said firmly.

"And we will. You can be sure of that." Serge said with a final bi of reassurance.

"I should probably get this picture to the security chief and see what he has to say about it. Thanks for the help. " Serge said with a nod to Rosa.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next