Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 14 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave Devon a nod in greetings and gestured for them to make their way back to the cafeteria. 'Not so much, really. Not the kinda girl to simply sit around. I'm sort of used to it turning out like this, me.' she replied, giving a little laugh. 'You heard about the Ethership they've ended up with?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 14 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Devon nodded.
"I heard about it yes, apparently Master Morgan had a former Cabal member who where of our society, the scientist died without any students to inherit him and Master organ was the last surviving member of his Cabal other than a Batini woman and they can be hard to get a hold of these days I hear...why where you asking have you seen the ship?"
The Etherite asked.
"That is a pretty rich inheritance though I wonder if the Deacon knows what he is sitting on."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:34 pm

'My guess is a big No.' Nicole replied to the last question. 'Not seen it yet, was told about it when I got here. Was asking 'cos from I can see so far, the only ones who could maintain and operate the thing at the moment is me and you. Had any experience of 'em?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Liv nodded at that.
"Quod bonum est, et liberi esse mereamur."
Colin nodded, "Ius pressius."

Jeffry gave a short nod.
"Off course that is a understandable and simple request to grant, I am going to make sure that whoever is set to the grim task are instructed to make sure his eyes are open."
He agreed.
He smiled thinly, "Thank you - Mr. Lenoe was most concerned about such a state, it took him a little longer to fall asleep again."

"Very well I will meet you at the office in a little while then Mr Wainwright."
The old Flambeau said.
He nodded, "Ah, damn, I forgot - I need to bring a candle as well. See you there, Sir."

You found Rosa at one of the tables the bowl of sand beside her.
"Hello Sir have you come to get your sand back?"
She asked.
"Here it is I did not have to use any of it..."
He smiled warmly, "That's good - the trouble should be sorted out now, and this is quite precious... The crystallized essence of better days, perhaps. Hm, I wonder if this would turn into rose-tinted lenses if i made glass from it?"

He gave her a nod and headed over to Freddy, "Hello, luv, afraid I don't have the time to chat much right now, but I'm back and in one piece. Got to give my report to the Chief, and all that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Nicole:

Devon shook his head.
"I have no experience with the ships, well I have been on one once as a passenger if that counts, I would not really know the first thing about maintaining one though, I mostly make little machines and gadgets to help me get by in life you know."
He said then he raised an eyebrow.
"Can you maintain an Ethership Nicole?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Ius pressius."

Liv nodded and patted Jareth some more then she said.
"Tibi gratias ago tibi quia ego intellegam in occursum Iareth annorum Domine."
The little girl gave you a big smile.

He smiled thinly, "Thank you - Mr. Lenoe was most concerned about such a state, it took him a little longer to fall asleep again."

Jeffry nodded and he looked concerned for a moment.
"Poor man, hopefully the stake can be replaced without waking him again."
He said.
"I will make sure his eyes are opened though, that is the least I can do."

He nodded, "Ah, damn, I forgot - I need to bring a candle as well. See you there, Sir."

The old Hermetic gave you and amused look.
"Are you going to spoil my imps further Mr Wainwright."

He smiled warmly, "That's good - the trouble should be sorted out now, and this is quite precious... The crystallized essence of better days, perhaps. Hm, I wonder if this would turn into rose-tinted lenses if i made glass from it?"

Rosa nodded and handed you the bowl.
"Perhaps it would be a pair of glasses one would see good old memories with."
She suggested.
"But yeah the stuff do seam to be rather precious indeed Sir."

He gave her a nod and headed over to Freddy, "Hello, luv, afraid I don't have the time to chat much right now, but I'm back and in one piece. Got to give my report to the Chief, and all that."

Rosa gave you a friendly wave of your hand as you left.

Freddy smiled and stood and gave you a long, warm hug when she heard your voice.
"Yeah...busy busy taking down the Nephandi are hard work love and I am not going to keep you let me just hold you for one second and I will be satisfied.
"She said and gave you a loving smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 pm

"You are right off course, sending a text would tip our hand and show our enemies that we are onto them." Narim said and frowned. "Perhaps just making an announcement in the cafeteria is best most of us are gathered there."

"It's up to you, I'm just prp-conning things, I think."

"I will have a talk with Jeffry about it, thank you for your advice Adley." The Virtual Adept said and smiled. "I am afraid the tactics of war is not my strongest point." He added apologetically.

"No problem, that's what we're here for, and I'm still learning..." Subterfuge wasn't exactly a strong point, for him either after all.

"A spirit in our phones, what on earth is it doing there?" Jeffery said though he seamed a bit relieved actually a spirit that he understood, that he could deal with, technology just doing it's thing though that was another matter.

"Spying on us?" he suggested, with a shrug, then added, "It seems like it's in the cell phone tower, not the phones themselves, but the communications that rely on them. Which is not good. Nar...Master Sharayala is probably going to want a word about it."

Fran was there she sat going over her bone tools making sure all of them where in order she gave you a dog and a smile, she seamed to have been healed and was alright now.

"I'm glad you seem better," he said with a nod to Fran.

Adjan nodded at that. "Very well my friend lead the way." The Euthanathos agreed to Francesca he said. "Excuse me please."

"Just need to ask my pater what the arrangements are that they've decided upon. I think we're going to need some heavy chains though, if you know where those might be. Have you seen Ms Bouchard?" he said, glancing around again to see if he missed her coming back.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm

"It's up to you, I'm just prp-conning things, I think."

"Well I do think it is likely the ones who sent the spirit already know we are onto it, but just in case they do not informing everyone to be careful the old fashioned way are probably best."
Narim said as he tapped at his phone.
"Hum...well I will know more when I get to my laptop."

"No problem, that's what we're here for, and I'm still learning..." Subterfuge wasn't exactly a strong point, for him either after all.

Narim nodded.
"Well I think you and your Mentor is doing a great job in all of this, I only hope I can help out a bit."
He said a bit uncertainly.
"And by that I am reminded that my teacher made the first successful run on MECHA when he was seven years younger than I am now, it seams I have some catching up to do."

"Spying on us?" he suggested, with a shrug, then added, "It seems like it's in the cell phone tower, not the phones themselves, but the communications that rely on them. Which is not good. Nar...Master Sharayala is probably going to want a word about it."

"A cell tower? Well no matter I will just accept that the damned machines need them. I am going to have to see what Master Sharaya have to say about it then, and for now everyone should be warned to be careful about what are communicated over the infernal things."
Jeffry grumbled.
"Well thank you for letting me know mea filius."

"I'm glad you seem better," he said with a nod to Fran.

"Yeah I am fine thank you for your concern Adley."
Francesca said and smiled.
"My injuries was taken care of it is just a little sore now, what about yourself, you look rather pale are you injured"
She asked and frowned.

"Just need to ask my pater what the arrangements are that they've decided upon. I think we're going to need some heavy chains though, if you know where those might be. Have you seen Ms Bouchard?" he said, glancing around again to see if he missed her coming back.

"Very well, I am ready to go when you are. Hum...chains...I think I have seen some in one of the store rooms downstairs as for Miss Bouchard, she is the rather impressive looking young woman that just arrived here right?"
Adjan asked.
"I think she went to the garage to get her things. Mr Miles another new arrival went with her, it seams we are getting Etherites."
He said and smiled a little. Fran chimed in.
"Talking about the garage I have some chains in my car but I do not know if it is enough to tie someone up with."
You could not see Nicole anywhere in the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well... I know the theory, got shown around a couple of the basic designs during training and that. Not that bad with things like engines either, me. But not any actual experience, per se.' Nicole admitted. 'Which is not that great as I was sold to him as "someone who can maintain it". Personally, I'm holding out that it's a standard build and somewhere they've left the prints to the thing.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 pm

"Not everyone work magick the same way Mr Yager, complex rituals are not for everyone, if drawings get things done for you then use what works."
Henrietta said and smiled.
"If you are an artist and want to do a ritual though, work on that use allot of different colored candles, ritual dances, work on making it as beautiful as you can perhaps that would work for you?"
The Hollower suggested.

"I can't dance for shit." Serge chuckled. "If I were to do a ritual type spell it would probably just be me painting an entire room and then mediating in the middle of it."

Thinking about it for a second Serge realized how much he liked that idea. "That actually sounds really cool. Just put myself in the middle of a blank white room and start drawing landscapes and whatever else I can think. Although I doubt I'll find any blank white rooms nearby to vandalize."

"I am sure it could be done but I lack the ability to give a wind the ability to recognize intelligently between friend and foe, something like that would be rather complex though as for the healing part the heat of the flames would have to be suppressed and something would have to be done about the heat from nearby burning items to prevent them from getting hurt...could it be done yes but it seams to be more be more trouble than it is worth just to make the spell flashy."
Cadence said and considered.
"But purely as an exercise to try to solve how it could be done it would be interesting.
She added and smiled.

"Flashy spells are always the the best spells." Serge said with a smile.

Cadence smiled a little sadly.
"Well you will be plenty cooler in a little while, when I am reduced to their state."
She said and looked over at Martha and the pair that where sitting at a table by themselves looking sadly out into nothing.
"Your magick is cool though, you can do things with the mind that I have never been able to."
Cadence muttered and looked down, her Mentor gently patted her shoulder to try to comfort her but it did not seam to do much good.

"All magick is cool magick and you can do things that I can only dream of. Soon enough you'll be able to do it again." Serge said reassuringly not wanting to let Cadence lose hope.

Martha looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"Sure have at it, do not get to disappointed when it don't work though kid."
She muttered in a thin, bitter voice.
"I can not think of anything it...would be much point to see again...my magick and my Avatar is gone I do not think there is anything out there to care much about anymore...sorry kid."
She whispered sadly.

"Then let's just start with a simple picture. How about a nice self-portrait?" Serge suggested as he began to move the pencil across the page.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your magick like?" Serge asked innocently as he drew the picture hoping to get Martha to talk about something she enjoys.

(OOC: If I wanted to try and create a picture that evoked emotion naturally within a person would that be an Expression roll or something else?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

"Well I do think it is likely the ones who sent the spirit already know we are onto it, but just in case they do not informing everyone to be careful the old fashioned way are probably best." Narim said as he tapped at his phone. "Hum...well I will know more when I get to my laptop."

"Good luck, be careful."

Narim nodded. "Well I think you and your Mentor is doing a great job in all of this, I only hope I can help out a bit." He said a bit uncertainly. "And by that I am reminded that my teacher made the first successful run on MECHA when he was seven years younger than I am now, it seams I have some catching up to do."

"We just had this conversation, but to recap: you're awesome, way advanced and you help out a ton. On a more personal note, I might be dead already without your help," he reminded him. "See you soon."

"A cell tower? Well no matter I will just accept that the damned machines need them. I am going to have to see what Master Sharaya have to say about it then, and for now everyone should be warned to be careful about what are communicated over the infernal things."
Jeffry grumbled. "Well thank you for letting me know mea filius."

He nodded.

"Yeah I am fine thank you for your concern Adley." Francesca said and smiled. "My injuries was taken care of it is just a little sore now, what about yourself, you look rather pale are you injured" She asked and frowned.

"I'll be alright given some time," he assured her. "Thank you for your concern."

"Very well, I am ready to go when you are. Hum...chains...I think I have seen some in one of the store rooms downstairs as for Miss Bouchard, she is the rather impressive looking young woman that just arrived here right?"

He nodded at his comment.

"I think she went to the garage to get her things. Mr Miles another new arrival went with her, it seams we are getting Etherites."
He said and smiled a little. Fran chimed in. "Talking about the garage I have some chains in my car but I do not know if it is enough to tie someone up with." You could not see Nicole anywhere in the room.

"Thanks, I'll let you know if we need them," he said, then looked to Adjan and walked back over to the Chief.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Nicole:

'Well... I know the theory, got shown around a couple of the basic designs during training and that. Not that bad with things like engines either, me. But not any actual experience, per se.' Nicole admitted. 'Which is not that great as I was sold to him as "someone who can maintain it". Personally, I'm holding out that it's a standard build and somewhere they've left the prints to the thing.'

Devon nodded at that.
"Well you could get lucky and they have all the documentation for the ship on board but those are the kinds of things that tends to get lost. Well it is no use worrying about it before you actually see the ship, it could be simple to reply after all."
He said and offered a bit of a smile.

Serge:

"I can't dance for shit." Serge chuckled. "If I were to do a ritual type spell it would probably just be me painting an entire room and then mediating in the middle of it."

"That sounds like a rather nice ritual."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"That would be an interesting way to work magic."

Thinking about it for a second Serge realized how much he liked that idea. "That actually sounds really cool. Just put myself in the middle of a blank white room and start drawing landscapes and whatever else I can think. Although I doubt I'll find any blank white rooms nearby to vandalize."

"There might be some abandoned buildings somewhere you could use, or a room before someone are planning to renovate or something."
The Hollower commented.

"Flashy spells are always the the best spells." Serge said with a smile.

"Well they might look more impressive yes but generally speaking getting what you need done as efficiently as possible and with as little risk of Paradox as possible is best."
Cadence said and raised an eyebrow.

"All magick is cool magick and you can do things that I can only dream of. Soon enough you'll be able to do it again." Serge said reassuringly not wanting to let Cadence lose hope.

Cadence gave you a sad, worried smile.
"I hope you are right Serge."
She said, she clearly did not believe there where much hope.
"All magick is cool though I agree with that and we all have our own skills."
She muttered.

"Then let's just start with a simple picture. How about a nice self-portrait?" Serge suggested as he began to move the pencil across the page.

"You can draw whatever you want kid."
Martha said in a dull tone of voice not looking at you.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your magick like?" Serge asked innocently as he drew the picture hoping to get Martha to talk about something she enjoys.

"Ritual...magick...hand gestures, my Mentor is trained by the Order of Hermes, now though the gestures and words do nothing."
She said and she started sobbing again and turned away.
"I am sorry kid I do not think there is much you can do to help me kid."

Adley:

"Good luck, be careful."

Narim nodded at that.
"You to."
He said.

"We just had this conversation, but to recap: you're awesome, way advanced and you help out a ton. On a more personal note, I might be dead already without your help," he reminded him. "See you soon."

Narim blushed a little.
"I ehm...thank you. Ehm it was this not being to hard on ourselves we where both going to try. It seams I need to try harder on that...yeah see you soon."
He said and plucked at his phone cover again.

"I'll be alright given some time," he assured her. "Thank you for your concern."

Francesca nodded though she still seamed a bit concerned.
"I hope you are right Adley, take care of yourself."

"Thanks, I'll let you know if we need them," he said, then looked to Adjan and walked back over to the Chief.

Adjan nodded at that. Your Mentor was just done talking with Colin when you came over again and he gave you a nod.
"Mr Wainwright have addressed his concerns about the vampires. Once they are awake they can be asked if they would rather be moved to the villa where they can walk around freely, however while Karl only need protection from his own society and that we can offer at the villa, Mr Lenoe is in danger from other mages who might seek to kill him for endangering an Avatar and he will not find much protection from an angry willworker at the villa, yes it is our territory but that do not mean a mage might decide to enter anyway and while we can then accuse them of a low crime...well he is safer here and I would prefer if he stayed we do not need the trouble that comes with one of us killing one of the Massassa their society might that offense at that, but he is free to leave once dawn comes, or be sent to the villa for what little protection it can offer.However while the two Massassa is here I want them kept staked, for all of our protection."
Your Mentor said not without compassion and regret in his voice.
"They are dangerous creatures we must take our precautions...however Mr Lenoe have requested that after it is done his eyes be opened so he will not be paralyzed and blind at the same time, would you kindly see to it that his request is honored mea filius, and that they are kept as humanely as possible?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Anja's Post:

'From the sounds of it, doesn't need repairing.' Nicole replied, following Devon back to the cafeteria. 'And if the worst comes to it, can always holler for help from one who's got tenure. After all, it's what they're there for.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 pm

"True enough that is their job in part, hopefully then if the ship do not need repairs right now then it will stay in good condition with only some routine maintenance now and again."
Devon said as you walked back into the cafeteria.

Adley you see Nicole an a young, thin man with fair hair that you have not met yet return to the cafeteria while you are speaking with your Mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 pm

"That sounds like a rather nice ritual."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"That would be an interesting way to work magic."
"There might be some abandoned buildings somewhere you could use, or a room before someone are planning to renovate or something."
The Hollower commented.

"Magick like that needs a purpose. I wouldn't know what I was even trying to accomplish." Serge said with a laugh.

"I doubt I have the courage to go and raid abandoned buildings. I'm just wanna try this for fun. If I'm allowed to mess with my room here in this chantry than I might try something in there." Serge decided.

"Well they might look more impressive yes but generally speaking getting what you need done as efficiently as possible and with as little risk of Paradox as possible is best."
Cadence said and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, your right. My magick doesn't often attract paradox so I guess I don't really think about it." Serge said with a shrug. "Do you have any other cool tricks? You mentioned Prime magick. I never really understood that sphere."

"Ritual...magick...hand gestures, my Mentor is trained by the Order of Hermes, now though the gestures and words do nothing."
She said and she started sobbing again and turned away.
"I am sorry kid I do not think there is much you can do to help me kid."

"Well I can at least try." Serge said sincerely trying not to let Martha's emotions overwhelm him. He sympathized with her, just like he had done with Siege and Cadence.

Even with Martha continually turning away from him, he had a clear idea of what her face looked like. He had a clear picture of her inside his mind and he could calculate her height and other measurements within his mind. He translated those thoughts on paper, placing his own emotions alongside the graphite.

(OOC: Also can Serge do an Expression roll to try and convey emotions of happiness naturally through his art without needing to do magick. I remember reading that the Expression ability can be used for that but I'm not sure.)

(OOC2: If Serge tries a Mind 2 affect to improve her Martha's Mood would she know that magick is being used on her?)

(OOC3: Dex+Drawing to draw a nice picture of Martha smiling and to lower arete rolls to affect her.
Roll: 9, 3, 8, 5, 9, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Arriving back in the cafeteria, Nicole looked for a bit of wall to prop her self back up on. 'So... you got any combat experience?' she asked casually to Devon, gazing out on the room again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Liv nodded and patted Jareth some more then she said.
"Tibi gratias ago tibi quia ego intellegam in occursum Iareth annorum Domine."
The little girl gave you a big smile.
Colin smiled back, "Voluit venerant; solum propriis est."

Jeffry nodded and he looked concerned for a moment.
"Poor man, hopefully the stake can be replaced without waking him again."
He said.
"I will make sure his eyes are opened though, that is the least I can do."
He nodded, "His blood loss may make that a little more complicated; I'd recommend chaining them first, just in case. That should disturb them far less than someone trying to jam a wooden stake through their ribcage, at least."

The old Hermetic gave you and amused look.
"Are you going to spoil my imps further Mr Wainwright."
He smiled wryly, "More like a peace offering... I believe I kicked one of them earlier, and seeing as I can see them now, it would be better to be on proper friendly terms with them, rather than having one of them carry a grudge..."

Rosa nodded and handed you the bowl.
"Perhaps it would be a pair of glasses one would see good old memories with."
She suggested.
"But yeah the stuff do seam to be rather precious indeed Sir."
He nodded, "Hum, perhaps it would serve well for a mirror to reflect on the past..."
Holding up the bowl for a moment, he pondered, "Master Steelhaven might like a pinch of this with him on his upcoming journey..."

Freddy smiled and stood and gave you a long, warm hug when she heard your voice.
"Yeah...busy busy taking down the Nephandi are hard work love and I am not going to keep you let me just hold you for one second and I will be satisfied.
"She said and gave you a loving smile.
He grinned and hugged Freddy back with his free arm, holding the bowl of sand a little awkwardly to the side, "Any time, luv, but a little carefully right now - I'm holding a bowl of miracle sand from my apprentice in the future. She worried you will be most upset with her when you find out when she went, some fifty years hence... but I'd rather not spill any of this needlessly."

He sighed softly, "I managed to speak with you in the future; not the person I expected to reach, but it was good to see you, all the same... I was in Morningstar's Node chamber, only a few hours ago, and you... were still beautiful, decades or centuries from now, preparing to... hm, spoilers... In any case, I have a transcript of the pertinent parts of the conversation, with the time noted down. We have many things to discuss..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Narim blushed a little. "I ehm...thank you. Ehm it was this not being to hard on ourselves we where both going to try. It seams I need to try harder on that...yeah see you soon."

He just smiled and gave him a nod as he left, not wanting to embarrass him and anyway, there was a ton of stuff that needed to be done.

Francesca nodded though she still seamed a bit concerned. "I hope you are right Adley, take care of yourself."

"We just need to get through the next day and make sure there's an after that, hrm?"

"They are dangerous creatures we must take our precautions...however Mr Lenoe have requested that after it is done his eyes be opened so he will not be paralyzed and blind at the same time, would you kindly see to it that his request is honored mea filius, and that they are kept as humanely as possible?"

"Very well, but I am unsure if he needs to have his eyes open already before hand. Another point is that, it seems for now we cannot spare anyone to take them to the villa and their knowledge of what they've learned here already is a concern. Also that one is injured, and will not be able to heal his wound if he is staked even if he receives...nourishment. I will also need better stakes than what I used initially, I didn't mean to be but that was...not well done. Perhaps our expert will have a few more." He noted Mrs Bouchard and another person come in and added, "There are a lot of new faces," he said, and it didn't exactly sound as if he was sure he liked seeing so many strangers.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 am

Serge:

"Magick like that needs a purpose. I wouldn't know what I was even trying to accomplish." Serge said with a laugh.

"Off course there had to be a reason to use such elaborate ritual, but reason might eventually present itself."
Henrietta said and smiled.

"I doubt I have the courage to go and raid abandoned buildings. I'm just wanna try this for fun. If I'm allowed to mess with my room here in this chantry than I might try something in there." Serge decided.

"You can mess with it all you please just put it back into reasonable order when and if you leave."
The Hollower said.
"You could get big rolls of paper as well, the ones they use for big finger painting projects at schools and such and just cover the walls in that."
She suggested.

"Yeah, your right. My magick doesn't often attract paradox so I guess I don't really think about it." Serge said with a shrug. "Do you have any other cool tricks? You mentioned Prime magick. I never really understood that sphere."

"Off course I do that is the thing we can do anything withing our understanding, and as for Prime well if you think of it as a Sphere then it is not easy to get it, the names for it are just for ranking purposes and to make other mages understand what you are talking about."
Cadence said and smiled a little.
"It is magick itself, the pure manipulation of the primal energies of reality."
She explained.

"Well I can at least try." Serge said sincerely trying not to let Martha's emotions overwhelm him. He sympathized with her, just like he had done with Siege and Cadence.

Martha did not answer she just lay there on the floor curled up into a ball with her back to you.

Even with Martha continually turning away from him, he had a clear idea of what her face looked like. He had a clear picture of her inside his mind and he could calculate her height and other measurements within his mind. He translated those thoughts on paper, placing his own emotions alongside the graphite.

You draw a pretty accurate picture of Martha as she lays there with her back to you. She did not turn around as you drew though and just lay there staring at the wall.

(OOC: Sorry I forgot to reply to this earlier yes you can convey emotions through art with expression whatever or not she will get it depends but that is often what artists do.)

(OOC 2: Most likely not in her condition.)

Nicole:

Well it is a big room so finding a bit of wall is not so hard. Devon shrugged.
"A little I have ended up in trouble with the Union every now and again, and others from time to time but I would not say it is my specialty, then again I am still alive so there is that, I take it you yourself have some experience in that field Nicole?"

Colin:

Colin smiled back, "Voluit venerant; solum propriis est."

Liv nodded and smiled to Jareth then she stepped away so you could get up.
"Tibi gratias ago tibi quia non indicasti mihi, et ego servabo te in occursum Iareth annorum."
She said not wanting to be a bother.

He nodded, "His blood loss may make that a little more complicated; I'd recommend chaining them first, just in case. That should disturb them far less than someone trying to jam a wooden stake through their ribcage, at least."

"Chaining them down or holding them down with magick might be wise before they are staked yes, as for their blood loos and how to feed them, once they are secure and are no longer a threat to us we are going to have to figure that one out."
Jeffry said.

He smiled wryly, "More like a peace offering... I believe I kicked one of them earlier, and seeing as I can see them now, it would be better to be on proper friendly terms with them, rather than having one of them carry a grudge..."

Jeffry gave a little grin at that.
"The imps are not aggressive Mr Wainwright but they can hide items and cause mischief if angry, staying on their good side is probably best, however be careful if given half a chance they will twirl you around their little finger."
He said fondly.

He nodded, "Hum, perhaps it would serve well for a mirror to reflect on the past..."
Holding up the bowl for a moment, he pondered, "Master Steelhaven might like a pinch of this with him on his upcoming journey..."

"He might Sir but I don't really know anything about any of those two topics Sir."
Rosa said sounding a bit uncertain.

He grinned and hugged Freddy back with his free arm, holding the bowl of sand a little awkwardly to the side, "Any time, luv, but a little carefully right now - I'm holding a bowl of miracle sand from my apprentice in the future. She worried you will be most upset with her when you find out when she went, some fifty years hence... but I'd rather not spill any of this needlessly."

"I will be careful then, and if you have an apprentice in the future and she put herself in danger with past time travel yes I imagine I might be a bit cross love."
Freddy said and untangled herself from you a bit more carefully.

He sighed softly, "I managed to speak with you in the future; not the person I expected to reach, but it was good to see you, all the same... I was in Morningstar's Node chamber, only a few hours ago, and you... were still beautiful, decades or centuries from now, preparing to... hm, spoilers... In any case, I have a transcript of the pertinent parts of the conversation, with the time noted down. We have many things to discuss..."

"More future visions love? Of me in the future? What did I say?"
She asked.
"Centuries hum...well it is a wonder you do not develop a headache to match mine love. Did you get any useful information from that vision?"

Adley:

He just smiled and gave him a nod as he left, not wanting to embarrass him and anyway, there was a ton of stuff that needed to be done.

Narim's eyes lingered on you for just a moment and he smiled before he headed for his office and his computer.

"We just need to get through the next day and make sure there's an after that, hrm?"

"True enough there is little point in staying safe if the world go under."
Francesca said and frowned.
"Dan Larson she deserve a good, hard kick in the butt."
She declared.

"Very well, but I am unsure if he needs to have his eyes open already before hand.

"No I think that what he means is that once the stake have paralyzed him for whoever do it to make sure his eyes are open before they leave him."
Jeffry said.

Another point is that, it seems for now we cannot spare anyone to take them to the villa and their knowledge of what they've learned here already is a concern.

"It is hard to move them right now I am not going to risk our teleporters to get them there and I have to talk with the Node cleansers first, tonight though we might be able to get them there, as for what they know that is a problem but sooner or later they are going to have to be released I gave my word I was not going to just kill them I am not going to break it."

Also that one is injured, and will not be able to heal his wound if he is staked even if he receives...nourishment.

"I understand Mr Wainwright mentioned the same."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"We are going to have to figure that one out later, bind his wounds for now and make him as confortable as possible but they are going to have to be restrained."

I will also need better stakes than what I used initially, I didn't mean to be but that was...not well done. Perhaps our expert will have a few more."

"Hum...well we would not want to cause more pain than necessary, ask our expert and if she do not have any perhaps ask one of the Verbena if they can grow some in an ideal shape."
He suggested then he frowned a little.
"Those poor men have suffered I can not help but pity them no matter what they are."

He noted Mrs Bouchard and another person come in and added, "There are a lot of new faces," he said, and it didn't exactly sound as if he was sure he liked seeing so many strangers.

"Deals being called in to get apprentices and allies placement at a Chantry. I share your concern mea filius but at least that pair there have shown to be useful this far, through off course new faces when there is treachery about can be hard to swallow."
The old Hermetic muttered as he looked at Nicole and Devon.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I went to be early yesterday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 am

"No I think that what he means is that once the stake have paralyzed him for whoever do it to make sure his eyes are open before they leave him."

"Then yes, that's something we can do."

"We are going to have to figure that one out later, bind his wounds for now and make him as confortable as possible but they are going to have to be restrained."

"Well, they're both going to have to be staked. One might possibly be moved later tonight, but might not. Am I hearing the order correct?."

"Hum...well we would not want to cause more pain than necessary, ask our expert and if she do not have any perhaps ask one of the Verbena if they can grow some in an ideal shape."He suggested then he frowned a little. "Those poor men have suffered I can not help but pity them no matter what they are."

"Very well, then we'll go see what's going on, sir." He gave him a respectful if stiff nod and then glanced at Adjan. Giving Mundi a friendly pat, he turned and headed towards the basement where the vampires were being kept.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

"Then yes, that's something we can do."

Jeffry nodded at that.

"Well, they're both going to have to be staked. One might possibly be moved later tonight, but might not. Am I hearing the order correct?."

"You have it correctly mea filius. When the sun sets, grated that our Nose Cleansers agree to having them around they can be moved to the villa and there be allowed to walk around freely but for Mr Lenoe I am not able to guarantee much safety for him there so I recommend that he stay here, it might be uncomfortable but at least here at the Chantry he would be safe."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

"Very well, then we'll go see what's going on, sir." He gave him a respectful if stiff nod and then glanced at Adjan. Giving Mundi a friendly pat, he turned and headed towards the basement where the vampires were being kept.

Jeffry nodded to you. Mundi and Adjan returned to the basement with you, things where fairly calm down there. Darrian and Helga was keeping watch of the prisoners. Mundi ran over to his master who bent down to pet the animal.
"Have you been good...thank you my friend."
He said lovingly.

The door to the room where the vampires where kept was open. You saw Kristina sitting there watching over them. Karl just lay there on his matrass he looked corpse like and was deeply asleep. Mr Lenoe lay on his side holding onto the blankets also sleeping but while he was not breathing he looking more alive in some ways than this relative. Ty was also there trying to get the room back into order. Both Kristina and Ty nodded in greeting when you and Adjan entered the room.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks any news about the fate of your guests here?"
Kristina asked and she indicated the vampires with her hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 am

Anja's Post:

The narrowing of the eyes and a low, angry grunt at this. 'Damn Mirrorshades. Marching around like a constipated Colonel Klink and about as competent. Though thank God they are incompetent.' From the tone, it was clear the large woman had a personal axe to grind on this subject.

'I've seen some action over time, me. And I'm still here... more or less. Which is the real mark of success. You signed up for the attack later today?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:45 am

"Yeah the Mirrorshades are...always a problem."
Devon agreed in a grumble.
"You have had personal experiences with the Union I see."
The other Etherite said carefully he did not want to remind you of anything that could be painful for you.

I've seen some action over time, me. And I'm still here... more or less. Which is the real mark of success. You signed up for the attack later today?'

"I have, the Nephandi have to be stopped there really is no choice in this."
Devon said angrily.
"As bad as the Mirrorshades is the Fallen is worse, they want to destroy the entire world."
He muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 pm

'Haven't we all?' Nicole replied, watching the goings-on in the crowd. 'Sat in their schools, having the programming ladled down our throats to make us happy little drones? Clapped like performing seals at what they've put on for us to keep us docile? Recited the crap mantras they've put in our heads, obligingly turning on each other out of frustration rather than looking at the true culprits hiding behind the curtain?' the venom clear.

'Worst thing is - their world is nothing to shout about.'

'True, there's no choice with the Fallen. Not like we can run, is it?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Liv nodded and smiled to Jareth then she stepped away so you could get up.
"Tibi gratias ago tibi quia non indicasti mihi, et ego servabo te in occursum Iareth annorum."
She said not wanting to be a bother.
Colin smiled warmly, "Ire debeo, sed donec iterum conveniant."
He patted her on the head and led Serge off.

Jeffry gave a little grin at that.
"The imps are not aggressive Mr Wainwright but they can hide items and cause mischief if angry, staying on their good side is probably best, however be careful if given half a chance they will twirl you around their little finger."
He said fondly.
He grinned, scritching Jareth lightly at the side of the beak, "Much like this fellow, I guess... He's a sneaky little charmer."

"He might Sir but I don't really know anything about any of those two topics Sir."
Rosa said sounding a bit uncertain.
He shook his head, "Sorry, me neither; I was idly speculating."

"I will be careful then, and if you have an apprentice in the future and she put herself in danger with past time travel yes I imagine I might be a bit cross love."
Freddy said and untangled herself from you a bit more carefully.
He nodded, holding her close for just another moment, "Do me a favour, though - don't be too cross with her. The supplies she delivered will prove important, and... she'll have come so far by then. By every metric."

"More future visions love? Of me in the future? What did I say?"
She asked.
"Centuries hum...well it is a wonder you do not develop a headache to match mine love. Did you get any useful information from that vision?"
He nodded, "You said... what you had to; The transcript has your responses written down a little more vaguely, to ensure you answer in your own words instead of reading your responses from a script, but... you told me about a mighty artifact I have that will help a number of Fallen Avatars find their way home, to become once more as they should be..."
He pondered for a moment, then took Freddy's hand and moved the bowl of sand under it, "Luv, I'd like you to touch the sand and tell me what you think... it's right under your hand here, just reach down carefully..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 pm

"You can mess with it all you please just put it back into reasonable order when and if you leave."
The Hollower said.
"You could get big rolls of paper as well, the ones they use for big finger painting projects at schools and such and just cover the walls in that."
She suggested.

"I miss finger-painting." Serge said with a sigh. "But yeah I can look into that. Perhaps in a calmer less apocalyptic time."

"Off course I do that is the thing we can do anything withing our understanding, and as for Prime well if you think of it as a Sphere then it is not easy to get it, the names for it are just for ranking purposes and to make other mages understand what you are talking about."
Cadence said and smiled a little.
"It is magick itself, the pure manipulation of the primal energies of reality."
She explained.

"Control the primal pure energies of reality. That sounds so metal." Serge said with a laugh. "What happens when you mix that with your other skills?"

As he talked Serge looked around wanting to see the state of the Cafeteria once again. More importantly he was looking for Master Morgan, to see if he was free. Serge wanted to inform him about what Cadence told him about the oil-men.

Martha did not answer she just lay there on the floor curled up into a ball with her back to you.
You draw a pretty accurate picture of Martha as she lays there with her back to you. She did not turn around as you drew though and just lay there staring at the wall.

"Well here you go. I tried my best. Tell me what you think." Serge said finishing up the picture of Martha and showing it to her. Without any other information as to what she could like this was the best he could do.

Still a picture of a person is connected to that person. The contents of the picture had an uncanny effect on who they were depicting. A drawing of a sad person can darken that person's mood in real life. And a picture of Martha smiling had a chance to make brighten Martha's mood in real life.

"It's kinda basic. If their's any other additions that you want just let me know." Serge informed.

(OOC: Minor Mind 2 effect to influence Martha's mood to try make her feel happier when she sees the picture of herself smiling.
Arete Roll (Difficulty reduced by drawing I assume): 3, 7, 5)

(OOC2: Not sure if it is needed or if it's too late but just in case. An Int+Expression roll to try and convey emotions of happiness through his artwork.
Roll: 5, 1, 6, 10, 2, 7)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next