Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 24 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:33 am

"Yeah for me as well I mean I have learned some things from my Dad even if I do not really get some of the things he is doing and it is similar to what the Hermetics do but not exactly the same."
Kyle said and nodded.
Colin smiled thinly, "As I understand it, the biggest distinction there is that your father works in a Linear fashion, while we are Awakened Mages - it's a different quality of magic. Not in the one-is-better-than-the-other sense, but more like licorice versus chocolate ice cream, for example - both are excellent, but they are different from one another."

"I think I will get scared no matter what you liken this man to Sir."
Kyle said and frowned.
He nodded, "Of course. I'm just telling you that that fear can be kept in check. I've felt more fear than I like to admit - probably more than people realize - over the span of this weekend, but i have learned to master it. But that's a skill that requires quite a bit of honing."

The young mage just raised an eyebrow at that.
"Dr Who is that old, did they watch science fiction back then, I mean that is as old as my Dad or something."
He muttered.
He arched an eyebrow, "Actually, Doctor Who started in '63. The Cybermen only appeared after three years. Come to think of it, I believe Star Trek didn't get started until '65 or '66... Then there was The Twilight Zone and The outer Limits, both from circa 1960... And then there's Jules Verne, who wrote science fiction in the latter half of the 19th century, and of course the original science fiction novel, Frankenstein, written by Mary Shelley almost two hundred years ago. No, the genre's been around for some time, young man."

The young widderslainte looked at you for a moment and then he nodded and glanced away.
"I guess you are right Sirbut what I have experienced seam so small compared to what you went through but yes that eye...removing it...it was so bad...I..."
He stopped talking and just looked down.
He nodded, "Oh, I believe it was quite terrible... and had it not been a functional eye, I expect the trauma would have been far lesser. I can't quite fathom the sensation of that, just as you can't quite fathom... other horrible things. And quite honestly, there is a limit to how much empathy one person should be capable of. Sympathy and compassion, though... not so limited."

"Flowers...yes...ehm...giving Danielle flowers..."
Kyle said and he blushed again and he looked like giving flowers to the girl he liked was more scary than meeting Master Tolle.
"And yes it should be flowers that do not risk harming her cat, he is very important, he is a part of her."
The young widderslainte said and smiled.
"It seamed I said allot in November...will say...ehm...ok I am getting a headache now but thank you Sir for keeping my secrets and for your advice."
He smiled warmly, "No, I don't think you said a lot, actually... you said a few very important things; things I could not have learned from anyone else but you, in an exchange of trust. I appreciate that greatly, and I am offering a great deal of good faith in return."

"I would love to read them Sir andthe two triologies are a good place to start."
Kyle said and smiled the kid obiously enjoyed reading.
He nodded, "Then we can swing by my apartment on the return."

The boy paled even more.
"I know Mr Wainwright I am not going to run."
He muttered fearfully.
He nodded, "I know... I'm actually inclined to think you've always been prepared to stand and fight rather than running; you're a valorous boy, and much as your father deserves some credit for that, you have the heart of a warrior."

"I am going to have to talk with my teacher about it then and see if he haee anything more about these me, so so are saying I was Quesitor once? That are the judges right? But he joined the Nephandi, but how exactly could that happen?"
Kyle asked and he looked confused.
He frowned, "The Fallen have their ways... insidious, clever and subtle ways. Suffice to say there are many ways they could have got their claws in him before he noticed... We all have to be vigilant."

"That is so cool, no it would not have been good if Master Morgan had gotten all of that bad energy into his own system, was it a Nephandus who made this bomb then?"
Kyle asked.
He nodded, "A Nephandus from Chicago, in fact - he made another in the Labyrinth we dismantled there. I helped defuse that, too - same trick. He was understandably upset that an uppity Orphan Initiate could pull that off..."

Kyle nodded thoughtfully and looked down at his hands.
"That would be some time of if it ever happens but it is not a bad idea Sir not a bad idea at all. I do not know why I do not like anyone touching my hands, there was that thing with my thumb but I hated it long before then but I do want to get that fear under control."
He nodded, "Some times, when you play video games, or otherwise use your hands for long periods of time, they ache... it's an old pain, a thousand years old. Your hands were broken during that war, and... they never healed. Your soul remembers. There's little I can offer you for that pain, except the advice the memory of Arto gave - that you take breaks and rest your weary hands when they start aching. There might be ointments you can use to soothe the pain, but I don't know how well that will work... There are similar pains in a previous life of mine; one which... huh, I never thought about that, actually; in my previous life, I had an unpleasant experience passing out wet and naked on a cold floor. That goes some way in explaining why I always have a bathrobe and slippers at hand when I shower... even despite some not-so-gentle mocking in the RAF..."

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"If it is compatible with the fluid itself and with human bodies sure...well let us get to the hospital first. I am going to ask my Mentor's custos, a nurse over there to assist us."
He said as he headed down to the basement and got into a neat, dark gray hybrid and Freddy took the front seat to leave the back seat for you and Kyle.
"Any allergies or the like I should be aware of?"
Richard asked as he started up the car.
"I get rashes from strawberries but I doubt that is relevant here Sir."
Kyle said and the Akashic smiled a bit.
"No that is not really relevant no."
He nodded, "It is compatible, and a few drops in the contrast fluid is not harmful to living tissue... it's a rare potion which, when added to contrast fluid, allows Primium to show on a scan. It's the only way i know to light up that peculiar metal on any scan, in fact."
He smiled wryly, "I've got a high level of silver particulate exposure - well, higher than the general populace, anyway. I do my best to rinse it out regularly, but at some point, I might turn greyish-blue. I doubt it will be much of a problem, though."

((OOC: And now to bed. Magic tournament tomorrow, so I might not be too swift in posting all day.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 24 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 am

"I am glad it worked Serge and it is a creative way to use magick but I am not so sure the picture means to much to me."
Kyle said and he looked at the picture looking puzzeled.

"Oh come one man it's not that bad." Serge said with a smile as he glanced at his own picture.
"It's two vampires inside of an empty room. See their fangs are right there." Serge said pointing to the two pairs of small triangle at the mouth of the vampires.

"Their in an empty room cause that represents a space with no threats. A place where they can calm down. I got the idea from Mr. Wainwright." Serge explained.

"It do not need to be perfect Serge it needs to work and it did work so that is good."
Kyle said and smiled a little.
"You helped those vampires and made sure the others did not have to kill them, you saved them."
He said sounding impressed.

"I doubt we would of ever killed them but in a way your right. Wow, I never thought of it like that. Serge...savior of vampires!" Serge said with a smile wondering what his superhero costume would look like

"Oh well glad I was of some help. After I did that I just sorta sat back and watched everything else unfold. Didn't even talk to the vampires for that long, after they calmed down Mr. Wainwright and your brother took over and talked them down." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Office:

Adley wrote:"You say these things as if I am not aware of my brother's situation, nor have any compassion for it. That isn't true. He is a brave person but he is still young and under numerous stresses. As well, it is true that you, nor him, know everything that's going on, nor should you for security reasons both for yourselves and others. Granted, I didn't think he would hear the screams. In hindsight, that might have been prevented. And as I said, I am not upset that you went to see what was going on so that he didn't think we were under another attack. But scrying was going too far, given the situation."

Serge simply nodded showing that he understood Adley, not wanting to risk saying anything that might upset the senior mage.

Adley wrote:"One more thing: I would like the drawing's lingering arcane connections to be removed and for the picture to be destroyed in some manner. Fire seems possibly inappropriate given the contents..." he mused. "But keeping such a macabe momento after its use has expired is a bit...unseemly." He tilted his head at him.

"Oh sure thing. I don't normally get rid of any of my drawings." Serge said softly.

He thought for a moment before saying, "You should probably be the one to destroy it. I'm not to experienced with the whole 'destroy all traces of arcane connections' and I wouldn't want to make another mistake."

Serge flipped though his sketchbook trying to find the picture that he had scryed. He stopped briefly on one page of his sketchbook that housed several unintelligible scribbles and lines. He glanced at it for a second and then quickly shook his head and continued searching.

"Here it is." Serge said as he found the picture.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 am

"Oh sure thing. I don't normally get rid of any of my drawings." Serge said softly. He thought for a moment before saying, "You should probably be the one to destroy it. I'm not to experienced with the whole 'destroy all traces of arcane connections' and I wouldn't want to make another mistake."

"All the more reason to be careful what you're carrying around with you. It's useful knowing how to deal with arcane connections and your magickal traces, for example removing traces from something, or somewhere even so that it cannot as easily be used against you. I don't know how you would work such a thing and my way will probably not make any sense to you. There are likely many ways to accomplish something similar, though."

As he flipped through his drawings, Adley waited patiently without trying to see what he was looking at until he proffered the right one to him. "Thank you. I'm glad we could resolve this and that no harm came of it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:45 am

Adley wrote:"All the more reason to be careful what you're carrying around with you. It's a useful thing to know how to do, knowing how to deal with arcane connections. It's useful if you need to remove your magickal signature from something, or somewhere even so that it cannot as easily be used against you. I don't know how you would work such a thing and my way will probably not make any sense to you. There are likely many ways to accomplish something similar, though."

As he flipped through his drawings, Adley waited patiently without trying to see what he was looking at until he proffered the right one to him. "Thank you. I'm glad we could resolve this and that no harm came of it."

"I know a bit about those connection but I'm still learning." Serge said as he ripped the page out of his sketchbook and handed Adley the piece of paper.

"I don't put up much of a fight, especially when I'm at fault. Well I guess now I have to draw a picture of the big bad boss herself." Serge said glancing towards the office door.

"That's going to be interesting. Well see ya soon Mr. Roth Hicks. If you ever need my help just call me." Serge said.

After Serge says his farewell he turned to the door and exited the security chiefs office. He walked straight to the cafeteria eager to meet his magickal cousin despite the nature of his task.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:16 am

"I know a bit about those connection but I'm still learning." Serge said as he ripped the page out of his sketchbook and handed Adley the piece of paper.

"We all are, I only learned how to manage them this week myself."

"I don't put up much of a fight, especially when I'm at fault. Well I guess now I have to draw a picture of the big bad boss herself." Serge said glancing towards the office door.

A slight confused look passed over his face as he said he didn't put up a fight." You did ask for permission; I would say it was...a misjudgment, perhaps. As it impacted my duties and could bear relevance in the future, I thought it was best we discussed it. I won't keep you from your duties." He looked down at the drawing, a slight frown on his face.

"That's going to be interesting. Well see ya soon Mr. Roth Hicks. If you ever need my help just call me." Serge said.

"I will do so. You can call me Adley, if you wish. Do you have my phone number?" he asked. "If so, please forward me yours. And give my brother my regards, if you see him - let him know that I hope to see him soon." He waited for him to leave before saying to his pater, "You may as well speak with Ms Bouchard, sir, since what I have to say will take some time."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:50 am

Nicole:

"Hum...well it is coming up on half an hour now so the woman have a good lead but distance is not the biggest thing, all places are one...I would estimate another ten or fifteen minutes until se have deleted all trace of herself from cameras and other electronic equipment along her path and then she will be far harder for me to localize."
Narim said and he frowned.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "As I understand it, the biggest distinction there is that your father works in a Linear fashion, while we are Awakened Mages - it's a different quality of magic. Not in the one-is-better-than-the-other sense, but more like licorice versus chocolate ice cream, for example - both are excellent, but they are different from one another."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I agree, I mean my father can work without being hurt by reality but his spells do one thing and if he want something else he have to spend time to make another spell. My magick seams more free but I get punished for it. When that is said it is still hard for me to learn from him. I have learned a little but what he do is so different from how I do it at times."

He nodded, "Of course. I'm just telling you that that fear can be kept in check. I've felt more fear than I like to admit - probably more than people realize - over the span of this weekend, but i have learned to master it. But that's a skill that requires quite a bit of honing."

"Yeah I guess you are right there Sir and I will work with the man even if I am afraid of him no doubt about it but he is still creepy."
The young mage agreed.
"I have learned to hide pain so my mother will not get upset when I have done something to follow my dark impulses and my Dad have beaten me for it and it hurts to sit down for dinner or when I have gotten Paradox and it hurts I have learned to not express it so my Mom will not get upset I guess it is somewhat the same thing, but sometimes not expressing pain makes it harder and not easier to handle."
He said and frowned.
"It is the same with not expressing fear Sir?"

He arched an eyebrow, "Actually, Doctor Who started in '63. The Cybermen only appeared after three years. Come to think of it, I believe Star Trek didn't get started until '65 or '66... Then there was The Twilight Zone and The outer Limits, both from circa 1960... And then there's Jules Verne, who wrote science fiction in the latter half of the 19th century, and of course the original science fiction novel, Frankenstein, written by Mary Shelley almost two hundred years ago. No, the genre's been around for some time, young man."

"Ohh...I guess I have to watch some of these series if I can find them then, I have read the books you speak of Mr Wainwright but I did not know they where that old."
Kyle said and his eyes grew big.
"I did not know they liked thing that are actually fun back then."

He nodded, "Oh, I believe it was quite terrible... and had it not been a functional eye, I expect the trauma would have been far lesser. I can't quite fathom the sensation of that, just as you can't quite fathom... other horrible things. And quite honestly, there is a limit to how much empathy one person should be capable of. Sympathy and compassion, though... not so limited."

"I guess one do not need to know exactly how a person have felt or how something have been for them in a given situation to be able to show compassion and sympathy. Danielle died in a fire, I can not imagine what that was like not really but I understand that it must have been traumatic for her and I can sympatize with that."
Kyle said then he scratched at his leg where the eye had been.
"Yeah seeing that spoon coming was not fun."
He muttered softly.

He smiled warmly, "No, I don't think you said a lot, actually... you said a few very important things; things I could not have learned from anyone else but you, in an exchange of trust. I appreciate that greatly, and I am offering a great deal of good faith in return."

The young widderslainte looked at you for a moment, then he smiled a little and nodded he did not seam to have allot to say about it though.

He nodded, "Then we can swing by my apartment on the return."

"Thank you Sir I appreciate that."
Kyle said and smiled.

He nodded, "I know... I'm actually inclined to think you've always been prepared to stand and fight rather than running; you're a valorous boy, and much as your father deserves some credit for that, you have the heart of a warrior."

The young mage sigh and looked away in a whisper he muttered.
"I am so tired of running, of being afraid all the time. I know my Dad meant well but he made me read those passages that where similar to what the Traditions would do to me again and again, every day so I would know what to fear since I was a little boy, we would always move from place to place. I have always had a knife on me to end myself if I was caught...I am just so tired..."
He muttered and then he shook his head.
"Ehm...sorry Sir I am not really sure where that came from...in any case I do not know if I am a warrior but it would not make sense to run, your group have my parents and it is not easy for a teenager to get by on his own. I have well vomited and well you know ehm...answered nature's call in a bucket that are still in the room so it would be easy enough to track me. If I stay I have a decent chance or so Master Morgan says but if I run I loose than and I am done. There really would be stupid of me to run, and also I gave my word and I do try to keep what I promise."
The boy said and glanced over at you.

He frowned, "The Fallen have their ways... insidious, clever and subtle ways. Suffice to say there are many ways they could have got their claws in him before he noticed... We all have to be vigilant."

"Well if they are like Lisa Larson they are assholes, she hurt my Dad and tried to get me to join her by that, she is a bitch and deserve a hart kick in the ass."
Kyle muttered angrily.
"Some of the others I met at the Labyrinth where not as bad though but yeah the Nephandi do seam to be rather a group of assholes that wants to piss in everyone's cereal just because it is Monday."

He nodded, "A Nephandus from Chicago, in fact - he made another in the Labyrinth we dismantled there. I helped defuse that, too - same trick. He was understandably upset that an uppity Orphan Initiate could pull that off..."

"I see, well it is good you managed to stop that spell then Sir and I bet that Nephandus was surprised. You helped take out a whole Labyrinth in Chicago that is awesome...was it scary?"
Kyle said and his eyes went big again.

He nodded, "Some times, when you play video games, or otherwise use your hands for long periods of time, they ache.

"That is right they do but how do you know that Sir?"
The young mage muttered surprised.

t's an old pain, a thousand years old. Your hands were broken during that war, and... they never healed. Your soul remembers. There's little I can offer you for that pain, except the advice the memory of Arto gave - that you take breaks and rest your weary hands when they start aching. There might be ointments you can use to soothe the pain, but I don't know how well that will work...

"Arto got injured in the war and his hands where broken? I have read stories of those who have been reincarnated with fear or health issues from their past lives, someone who died in a fire who is afraid of fire in their current life or someone who was shot in the heart who have birthmark there, something like that..."
The boy said and nodded.
"I do rest my hands at times when it gets to bad but probably if I am having fun playing I do not do so early enough."
He admitted.
"I guess I could ask Dr Lee if there is something I could put on them."

There are similar pains in a previous life of mine; one which... huh, I never thought about that, actually; in my previous life, I had an unpleasant experience passing out wet and naked on a cold floor. That goes some way in explaining why I always have a bathrobe and slippers at hand when I shower... even despite some not-so-gentle mocking in the RAF..."

"I guess that makes allot of sense Sir that if there is reincarnation traumatic experiences can be remembers. I guess it go the other way as well that something you really enjoyed in your past life you may still remember in this on or is it only the bad part that carry over?"
He asked.

He nodded, "It is compatible, and a few drops in the contrast fluid is not harmful to living tissue... it's a rare potion which, when added to contrast fluid, allows Primium to show on a scan. It's the only way i know to light up that peculiar metal on any scan, in fact."

"Hum...I will have it mixed into the contrast then."
Richard agreed as he drove.

He smiled wryly, "I've got a high level of silver particulate exposure - well, higher than the general populace, anyway. I do my best to rinse it out regularly, but at some point, I might turn greyish-blue. I doubt it will be much of a problem, though."

"I think you would be cute blue."
Freddy commented from the front seat. Richard nodded then he asked.
"I doubt those particles will be a problem but we might want to stick to using a CT and not an MRI, the MRI will give much better pictures but unless I know for sure that Primium do not react to magnetism it would not be safe. Also I can not use an MRI on Freddy due to her...earlier circumstances and with your injuries Colin you have to be absolutely sure there are no metal shrapnel left anywhere or no pins or anything else used to keep things together as you healed left. The boy might do for an MRI though if he is not claustrophobic but most find an MRI to be more invasive than a CT it takes longer, you have to stay even more still, if the head is going to be imagined a mask is usually used to restrain it it freaks allot of people out, but if it is safe to use with Primium then it would give better images."
The Askashic said and Kyle spoke up.
"A mask like that is a problem Sir..."

Serge:

Basement:

"Oh come one man it's not that bad." Serge said with a smile as he glanced at his own picture.
"It's two vampires inside of an empty room. See their fangs are right there." Serge said pointing to the two pairs of small triangle at the mouth of the vampires.

"I can see that but what I do not get is why the vampires are in an empty room and what that means."
Kyle said as he glanced at the drawing.

"Their in an empty room cause that represents a space with no threats. A place where they can calm down. I got the idea from Mr. Wainwright." Serge explained.

"Ahh...yes off course...I get it now..."
Kyle said and smiled.
"That is pretty smart actually and it did seam to work so great."

"I doubt we would of ever killed them but in a way your right. Wow, I never thought of it like that. Serge...savior of vampires!" Serge said with a smile wondering what his superhero costume would look like

"I am not so sure they would not have been killed if you had not gotten control over them."
The young mage said.
"But yeah you did save them so good work."

"Oh well glad I was of some help. After I did that I just sorta sat back and watched everything else unfold. Didn't even talk to the vampires for that long, after they calmed down Mr. Wainwright and your brother took over and talked them down." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Support is important in a fight. Ok take my Dad he is really good at stopping others from using magick, but he is also a pretty big man that do not move that fast just to keep it real, he would not be useful right in the front he would be useful in the back stopping an enemy from using magick while the others protected him so he could do his job, it is the same thing with you Serge."
Kyle said and smiled.

Cafeteria:

After Serge says his farewell he turned to the door and exited the security chiefs office. He walked straight to the cafeteria eager to meet his magickal cousin despite the nature of his task.

You came to the cafeteria it was fairly quiet now though everyone had gone back to their rooms or other tasks. You did see a pretty, plump girl with long dark curls and big brown eyes, she was about your age and wearing a purple teshirt with silver letters saying Boo! on it and a short denim skirt and black pumps, the girl was doing chores and wimping off the tables in the big room.

Adley:

He waited for him to leave before saying to his pater, "You may as well speak with Ms Bouchard, sir, since what I have to say will take some time."

Jeffry nodded to Serge as he left then he stood and walked to the door of the small office and glanced outside then came back in looking a bit puzzled.
"It seams that Miss Bouchard have left I guess I will speak with her later though she should realize that I am at times quite busy and there might have to be a bit of time to wait before I have time to talk with them...well in either case...let us hear what you had to say mea filius."
The old mage said as he settled back down into his chair and waited for you to begin.

(OOC: Good luck in the tournament Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 am

"It seams that Miss Bouchard have left I guess I will speak with her later though she should realize that I am at times quite busy and there might have to be a bit of time to wait before I have time to talk with them...well in either case...let us hear what you had to say mea filius."

"Hm...she expressed a bit too much curiosity about the vampires for my liking." He pushed the drawing that Serge made over to his pater for him to see. "Perhaps start with that...also what I wrote into the tablet, which explains why it looks like I'm recovering from the flu." He sighed and stood up. "May I get a refill? Can fill yours up, if you wish?" he offered, pointing at the coffee maker. "I also found out that it's possible to hear me well outside a room now, even if there's certain types of wards up and my own don't work at all, though Colin can use some type of scrambler that does, utilizing ars fati I believe. Hence me writing some sensitive items down. Ah, there are several more things, if you've done with that...?" He pulled the tablet back and cleaned it off when his pater was done. 'The C. at MS has something he wished to tell you in person, he was to come back with us but as there was an emergency he didn't - with the communication issue, it might still be best to do it that way. It's delicate but important, though I'm not sure how critical it is to know immediately. I don't know what C. has told you but rather a lot was revealed in that labyrinth, not much of it good... Adley proceeded to summarize the more discrete events as best he could, including his thankfully brief Quiet and the unfortunate realization about the caul.

// good luck!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am

"Hm...she expressed a bit too much curiosity about the vampires for my liking."

"I am not going to claim it do not bother me to have a stranger I know nothing about at the Chantry. With Mr Yager and Mr Miles I know their teachers so while it takes some time for me to trust someone my guess is they are good people."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"But with Miss Bouchard I was more or less forced to accept her due to favors owed...well she might still prove her worth."
He said and frowned.

He pushed the drawing that Serge made over to his pater for him to see. "Perhaps start with that...also what I wrote into the tablet, which explains why it looks like I'm recovering from the flu." He sighed and stood up.

Jeffry looked at the drawing and frowned.
"Hum yes this is going to have to be destroyed. I can take care of that if you wish mea filius."
The old mage offered.
"You did well handling that by the way Adley, you expressed the seriousness of the mistake done while at the same time not scaring the boy, well done."
He said and offered a thin smile then the smile faded.
"Yes the Heart's Blood rote you used...this pine cone is an interesting talisman and how it worked quite remarkable but I am concerned for you health. Once Dr Lee is back from his hospital run I want you to let him give you a check up just to be sure. Depleting one's personal Quintessence in such a way can lead to illnesses and other complications. Unfortunately magickal healing can do little to help your situation."
He said and it was clear that the old mage was concerned for you.

"May I get a refill? Can fill yours up, if you wish?" he offered, pointing at the coffee maker.

"Yes off course and thank you I would like that."
Jeffry said and held out his now empty cup.

"I also found out that it's possible to hear me well outside a room now, even if there's certain types of wards up and my own don't work at all, though Colin can use some type of scrambler that does, utilizing ars fati I believe. Hence me writing some sensitive items down.

"I see writing things down might be wise then, having a Echo advance do concern me a bit though but I guess looking into that can wait. So Mr Wainwright have...creative solutions again why do that not surprise me."
Jeffry said then he grinned.
"The man is clever but he is going to overcome my Longavity potions and give me more gray hairs."
He said sounding amused.

Ah, there are several more things, if you've done with that...?" He pulled the tablet back and cleaned it off when his pater was done.

"Off course."
The old war mage said as he handed the tablet back to you.
"I remember learning to write on a similar tablet when i was a little boy."
He muttered.
"Paper where expensive back then."

'The C. at MS has something he wished to tell you in person, he was to come back with us but as there was an emergency he didn't - with the communication issue, it might still be best to do it that way. It's delicate but important, though I'm not sure how critical it is to know immediately.

"Do you think it is important enough to risk our teleporters for another trip? Mr Wainwright are going to have to go back for his student so there will be more traveling between Morningstar and us, but if the Chief there have something important to say coming to him might be needed."
Jeffry asked after he had read your message.

I don't know what C. has told you but rather a lot was revealed in that labyrinth, not much of it good... Adley proceeded to summarize the more discrete events as best he could, including his thankfully brief Quiet and the unfortunate realization about the caul.

"Your Cabalate have given me a overview of what have happened but he left out most about your Quiet saying and I agree that it is a private matter for you to share or not as you wish."
Jeffry said then he gave you a concerned look.
"Are you ok mea filius, this makes for your first major Quiet do it not? That can be quite disconcerting."
He said softly.
"I am here if you wish to talk about it."
He offered then he read about your realization at the Caul and frowned.
"Your Cabalmate did not mention this...hum..."
He said as he digested the information.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 am

"I am not going to claim it do not bother me to have a stranger I know nothing about at the Chantry. With Mr Yager and Mr Miles I know their teachers so while it takes some time for me to trust someone my guess is they are good people." Jeffry said and frowned. "But with Miss Bouchard I was more or less forced to accept her due to favors owed...well she might still prove her worth." He said and frowned

"Who calls in a favor to place someone when they're under attack? Seems fishy...and I don't like her attitude...but she's good in a fight, I'll give her that much."

Jeffry looked at the drawing and frowned. "Hum yes this is going to have to be destroyed. I can take care of that if you wish mea filius."
The old mage offered.

"I'd appreciate that."

"You did well handling that by the way Adley, you expressed the seriousness of the mistake done while at the same time not scaring the boy, well done."

"Eh...well," he shook his head, "I /was/ really angry when I found out and had a bit of a rant at someone else, since he was the one that let him do it...so, I suppose the kid was a bit lucky. My backup was my senior, though it was my task, so I apologized, and he agreed it wasn't the best decision. I felt bad though, he's had a hard time and no sleep...but he's probably more used to my bouts of anger than that kid would've been. Anyway, I did notice how nervous he was. He reminded me of one of my students before a midterm, but worse...I wonder what he meant by not putting up a fight."

"Yes the Heart's Blood rote you used...this pine cone is an interesting talisman and how it worked quite remarkable but I am concerned for you health. Once Dr Lee is back from his hospital run I want you to let him give you a check up just to be sure. Depleting one's personal Quintessence in such a way can lead to illnesses and other complications. Unfortunately magickal healing can do little to help your situation."

"If you want, sir, though I don't know if there's much to do about it like you said. But if the Master has got a minute I wouldn't mind her looking us over. Just in case...I've spent so much time in bubbles...but I understand if I'm hardly her primary concern. She's got her hands full."

"Yes off course and thank you I would like that." Jeffry said and held out his now empty cup.
He took the cup and filled them both, putting it down on his desk.

"I see writing things down might be wise then, having a Echo advance do concern me a bit though but I guess looking into that can wait. So Mr Wainwright have...creative solutions again why do that not surprise me."
Jeffry said then he grinned.
"The man is clever but he is going to overcome my Longavity potions and give me more gray hairs."
He said sounding amused.

"That's for sure. I think he gave me one or two. As for the echoes, well, it might just be the way I am. I didn't know all the ways it affected me until I was faced with those situations and those that I did, maybe are tandem to my progression." He shrugged a bit.

"Off course."
The old war mage said as he handed the tablet back to you.
"I remember learning to write on a similar tablet when i was a little boy."
He muttered.
"Paper where expensive back then."

"I suppose I could type it on something, but this feels better and doesn't require batteries..."

[quote"Do you think it is important enough to risk our teleporters for another trip? Mr Wainwright are going to have to go back for his student so there will be more traveling between Morningstar and us, but if the Chief there have something important to say coming to him might be needed."[/quote]
'I know what it is he wants to tell you but I should keep it for him to do - however, it concerns a prisoner we picked up in the labyrinth. I can't say for sure if it will be important for you to know now, but since we will need to figure out how Mrs K. is getting back perhaps we can figure something out then?

"Are you ok mea filius, this makes for your first major Quiet do it not? That can be quite disconcerting." He said softly. "I am here if you wish to talk about it."

"In fact it felt entirely normal as it was happening, which is what was so disconcerting in retrospect. I was that person. It was that time, in that place and the things out of joint that confused me but so much of it tracked...I could smell the trees and the soil and the feel of the air." He shook his head. "Still...we learned something, which is more than I expected out of such a thing happening. And I was very lucky. After casting so much magick it was inevitable it would catch up to me...it seems though there are reasons why such thoughts arise."

He offered then he read about your realization at the Caul and frowned. "Your Cabalmate did not mention this...hum..." He said as he digested the information.

He looked away. "He probably wanted it to be up to me. And...I did not tell him the last part...out of all the things we faced in there, that was the hardest. For me. Even facing /her/, or the torturer, or the rest of it..." He reached out and took the tablet back, looking withdrawn as he scraped it down and then thought back on if anything else he'd missed and began marking out bullet points of events as he remembered them from the raid.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 am

"Who calls in a favor to place someone when they're under attack? Seems fishy...and I don't like her attitude...but she's good in a fight, I'll give her that much."

"Miss Bouchard's teacher had called in a favor with Westchapel to get her placed there an they called in a favor with us."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"The woman certainly might need a lesson in manners but she do seam to be good in a fight yes. But no I do not like having strangers here right now but there where not allot of ways to avoid it and keep good relations with Westchapel."
He said and frowned.

"I'd appreciate that."

Jeffry took the drawing and muttered something over it, blue flame rose up and burned it out of existence. Once he was done the old mage drew a deep breath.
"It should no longer be a problem now."

"Eh...well," he shook his head, "I /was/ really angry when I found out and had a bit of a rant at someone else, since he was the one that let him do it...so, I suppose the kid was a bit lucky. My backup was my senior, though it was my task, so I apologized, and he agreed it wasn't the best decision. I felt bad though, he's had a hard time and no sleep...but he's probably more used to my bouts of anger than that kid would've been. Anyway, I did notice how nervous he was. He reminded me of one of my students before a midterm, but worse...I wonder what he meant by not putting up a fight."

"You where right to be upset mea filius Mr Serge's drawing where infringing on your and our guests' privacy and as he asked for permission then the main fault id lay with the one who allowed him to do it. However it seams that you sorted that matter out as well and that the situation. You should not have ranted to an older mage but the situation is resolved.."
Jeffry looked at the door Serge had vanished out of.
"That is for him to talk about not me and I do not know much let us just say that our young friend's life have not always been easy the way I understand it, the world can be cruel to a child who is different."

"If you want, sir, though I don't know if there's much to do about it like you said. But if the Master has got a minute I wouldn't mind her looking us over. Just in case...I've spent so much time in bubbles...but I understand if I'm hardly her primary concern. She's got her hands full."

"With your first Quiet having happened perhaps having Master Telar have a look at you if she have time would be a good idea considering the Umbrood shard. I was more thinking tough that your Cabalmate Dr Lee could have a look at you physically, the heart's blood rote do magickal harm to the caster but that harm can manifest as physical illnesses and they can be treated by mundane means."
The old mage explained.

He took the cup and filled them both, putting it down on his desk.

"Ah thank you Adley."
Jeffry said and he took his cup and sipped it.
"I really should slow down with how much coffee I drink, but I guess everyone need some vices."
He said and grinned.

"That's for sure. I think he gave me one or two. As for the echoes, well, it might just be the way I am. I didn't know all the ways it affected me until I was faced with those situations and those that I did, maybe are tandem to my progression." He shrugged a bit.

"I do hope it is only that mea filius, and it is just the way you are then again Miss Ravenblood at Riverside being burned as if by acid if she touch salt, it part of her magick but it is still undoubtedly rather impractical, I would not want your Echos to develop into something that becomes a real issue."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

"I suppose I could type it on something, but this feels better and doesn't require batteries..."

"Well you know I am not a big fan of machines mea filius so such a tablet works well for me."

'I know what it is he wants to tell you but I should keep it for him to do - however, it concerns a prisoner we picked up in the labyrinth. I can't say for sure if it will be important for you to know now, but since we will need to figure out how Mrs K. is getting back perhaps we can figure something out then?

"Good idea I will have a talk with Mrs Knox about it then, and we can perhaps work something out."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I just do not want to put Narim under to much pressure chances are we are going to need him when we attack the Labyrinth."

"In fact it felt entirely normal as it was happening, which is what was so disconcerting in retrospect. I was that person. It was that time, in that place and the things out of joint that confused me but so much of it tracked...I could smell the trees and the soil and the feel of the air." He shook his head. "Still...we learned something, which is more than I expected out of such a thing happening. And I was very lucky. After casting so much magick it was inevitable it would catch up to me...it seems though there are reasons why such thoughts arise."

"There are usually a reason for everything ea filius and yes Quiets are often like that...one just see reality a different way than others, that is why they can be dangerous. Usually when someone go insane there is a feeling of confusion and that something is wrong but with Quiets while that can happen usually your reality and that around you go out of sync. You where lucky but you also seam to have handled it well."
Your Mentor said then he asked.
"Do you wish to tell me what it was you learned in your Quiet?"

He looked away. "He probably wanted it to be up to me. And...I did not tell him the last part...out of all the things we faced in there, that was the hardest. For me. Even facing /her/, or the torturer, or the rest of it..." He reached out and took the tablet back, looking withdrawn as he scraped it down and then thought back on if anything else he'd missed and began marking out bullet points of events as he remembered them from the raid.

"Mr Wainwright was right this is for you to talk about or not mea filius. And I wish I could help you. I can offer someone to talk with about it if you wish, but I fear this is a burden you ultimately have to come to terms with on your own."
The old Flambeau said then he gave you a concerned look but he did not ask, he just sat quietly and let you have the time you needed and decide if you wanted to say more or not, he was just quietly there giving you some space.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Basement with Kyle

"I am not so sure they would not have been killed if you had not gotten control over them."
The young mage said.
"But yeah you did save them so good work."

"Well one of them had a gaping chest wound when I -ported in their. I think the woman outside caused it with just her fists. She kinda scares me." Serge said taking a glance back and hoping the Nicole couldn't hear them.

"Support is important in a fight. Ok take my Dad he is really good at stopping others from using magick, but he is also a pretty big man that do not move that fast just to keep it real, he would not be useful right in the front he would be useful in the back stopping an enemy from using magick while the others protected him so he could do his job, it is the same thing with you Serge."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Still it's fun to imagine what it'd be like to be on the front lines.  

Office:

Adley wrote:"I will do so. You can call me Adley, if you wish. Do you have my phone number?" he asked. "If so, please forward me yours. And give my brother my regards, if you see him - let him know that I hope to see him soon." He waited for him to leave before saying to his pater, "You may as well speak with Ms Bouchard, sir, since what I have to say will take some time."

"I can call you by your first name!" Serge said with a look of surprised. This was clearly the most shocking thing anyone had told him today.

"Er...ok. Then you can call me Serge. Mr. Yager never sounded right to me. And I don't think I have anyone's number. I was never in one place long enough to ask anyone for their's. Anyways here's mine." Serge said writing his number on a piece of paper and handing it over to Adley.

"And I'll tell Kyle what you said. I have a feeling He'll be excited to see you. He seemed to really enjoy having a magickal brother." Serge said with a final wave of goodbye as he vanished through the door.

Cafeteria

You came to the cafeteria it was fairly quiet now though everyone had gone back to their rooms or other tasks. You did see a pretty, plump girl with long dark curls and big brown eyes, she was about your age and wearing a purple teshirt with silver letters saying Boo! on it and a short denim skirt and black pumps, the girl was doing chores and wimping off the tables in the big room.

As Serge walked into the cafeteria, he looked at all of the patrons doing their tasks. He carefully glanced at all of them before coming to a single realization. "Wait.....do I know what Rosa even looks like?"

After mumbling to himself for a few seconds for not having even asked what the girl looked like, he began to search for anyone that was around his age, one of the only traits he knew about Rosa.

He spotted the purple t-shirt girl that was around his age and decided to take a chance. He walked over to her and with a friendly smile said, "Excuse me. Are you Rosa Olsen?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Basement:

"Well one of them had a gaping chest wound when I -ported in their. I think the woman outside caused it with just her fists. She kinda scares me." Serge said taking a glance back and hoping the Nicole couldn't hear them.

"Damn...she would scare me as well, what kind of woman is this? I do not think I have met this woman."
Kyle said and frowned.
"Poor vampire."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Still it's fun to imagine what it'd be like to be on the front lines.

"I suspect it is allot of fear, pain and dying."
Kyle muttered.
"It might not really be all that fun, unless the above list is your thing that is."

Cafeteria:

He spotted the purple t-shirt girl that was around his age and decided to take a chance. He walked over to her and with a friendly smile said, "Excuse me. Are you Rosa Olsen?"

"Yeah that is me."
The girl in the purple tshirt said as she turned around and gave you a curious look.
"Are you one of the new members of the Chantry? I do not think I have seen you before."
She asked and gave you a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:45 pm

"I can call you by your first name!" Serge said with a look of surprised. This was clearly the most shocking thing anyone had told him today.

He gave him a faint smile. "At least when we're in an informal setting, yes. At least it might forestall the feeling I have when I hear you say my surname to assign you homework and begin your work on Greek participles..."

"Er...ok. Then you can call me Serge. Mr. Yager never sounded right to me. And I don't think I have anyone's number. I was never in one place long enough to ask anyone for their's. Anyways here's mine." Serge said writing his number on a piece of paper and handing it over to Adley.

"Thank you. May I give this to my cabal leader, Mr Wainwright?" he asked, reading the number on the paper and then giving him his. "Just be careful right now what you say or do with the phones. We're pretty sure they're being tapped by a malevolent entity, a spirit, so consider them compromised until that's sorted out."

"And I'll tell Kyle what you said. I have a feeling He'll be excited to see you. He seemed to really enjoy having a magickal brother." Serge said with a final wave of goodbye as he vanished through the door.

Adley smiled again a little bit and waved back.

"Miss Bouchard's teacher had called in a favor with Westchapel to get her placed there an they called in a favor with us." Jeffry said and sigh. "The woman certainly might need a lesson in manners but she do seam to be good in a fight yes. But no I do not like having strangers here right now but there where not allot of ways to avoid it and keep good relations with Westchapel."

"Still weird; if I was being optimistic I'd imply maybe she ticked off someone over there," he said wryly.

Jeffry took the drawing and muttered something over it, blue flame rose up and burned it out of existence. Once he was done the old mage drew a deep breath. "It should no longer be a problem now."

"Good. We should make a plan for them to be tended to, with the same trustworthy faces if we can at all manage it." He sighed. "It could have gone better." He picked up the frame. 'Mr. L is terrified after being attacked while vulnerable. It took a while for him to allow it and he's still scared, I am concerned for his mental well being. I learned vampires can essentially lose their minds being like that. I also talked to N. about getting them some food as soon as we could. Further, I told L. I would check on T. Do you know how the boy is doing?

Jeffry looked at the door Serge had vanished out of. "That is for him to talk about not me and I do not know much let us just say that our young friend's life have not always been easy the way I understand it, the world can be cruel to a child who is different."

"I'll try to keep that in mind."

"With your first Quiet having happened perhaps having Master Telar have a look at you if she have time would be a good idea considering the Umbrood shard. I was more thinking tough that your Cabalmate Dr Lee could have a look at you physically, the heart's blood rote do magickal harm to the caster but that harm can manifest as physical illnesses and they can be treated by mundane means."
The old mage explained.

"Yes, sir."

"I do hope it is only that mea filius, and it is just the way you are then again Miss Ravenblood at Riverside being burned as if by acid if she touch salt, it part of her magick but it is still undoubtedly rather impractical, I would not want your Echos to develop into something that becomes a real issue." Your Mentor said and frowned.

"There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it, so I will just have to mitigate it as best I can. It's the least of our problems now, just something to keep in mind for security. The older magii I have met call it my wizard mark."

"Good idea I will have a talk with Mrs Knox about it then, and we can perhaps work something out." Jeffry said and nodded. "I just do not want to put Narim under to much pressure chances are we are going to need him when we attack the Labyrinth."

"Me neither, I'm kind of worried about him after what happened. I know in here it's easier but still that's a lot of back and forthing, even if we split the difference with them. I don't think it's immediately critical, what he needs to tell you, for if it were he would probably find a way himself."

"There are usually a reason for everything ea filius and yes Quiets are often like that...one just see reality a different way than others, that is why they can be dangerous. Usually when someone go insane there is a feeling of confusion and that something is wrong but with Quiets while that can happen usually your reality and that around you go out of sync. You where lucky but you also seam to have handled it well."
Your Mentor said then he asked. "Do you wish to tell me what it was you learned in your Quiet?"

"I know it could have been worse. Thankfully, they figured out what was going on with me pretty quick. Here, I'll describe it..." he said and wrote down the pertinent things that occurred, as well as what he'd learned about Kyle and Arto, using initials and shorthand for their Houses.

"Mr Wainwright was right this is for you to talk about or not mea filius. And I wish I could help you. I can offer someone to talk with about it if you wish, but I fear this is a burden you ultimately have to come to terms with on your own.

"For now I think I just needed to tell you. But later...I think talking to one of my Euthanatos friends might...help. Please don't tell Colin that last part. I can't...not yet." He handed him the tablet with the rest of the summary bullet-points. "I think that's the rest of it, let me know if you need me to elaborate on any of it." He sighed and drank some of the coffee, put the empty mug down again. "It's kind of...well, a lot to be frank. It's a lot at one time. Not to complain...it's just hard for me to hold onto everything. Did my amicus tell you anything else, about what happened in the time bubble we were in?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Basement with Kyle:

"Damn...she would scare me as well, what kind of woman is this? I do not think I have met this woman."
Kyle said and frowned.
"Poor vampire."

"I don't think she cares much for vampires. Other than that she's just some super cool badass who's amazing in fights. Held her own against an enraged vampire and sniped a couple of oil-men. Blew their heads clean right off. She's new in the chantry and already she's fought to protect it so that's nice." Serge said recounting Nicole's skills.

"I suspect it is allot of fear, pain and dying."
Kyle muttered.
"It might not really be all that fun, unless the above list is your thing that is."

"Yeah. That's why imagining it is better than actually experiencing it." Serge said with a sigh.

Office:

Adley wrote:"Thank you. May I give this to my cabal leader, Mr Wainwright?" he asked, reading the number on the paper and then giving him his. "Just be careful right now what you say or do with the phones. We're pretty sure they're being tapped by a malevolent entity, a spirit, so consider them compromised until that's sorted out."

"Sure thing." Serge said taking Adley's number and quickly entering it into his phone. He had a curious look on him as if he wanted to ask about the spirit affecting the phones but decided that he didn't want to waste the elder mages time even further.

Cafeteria:

"Yeah that is me."
The girl in the purple tshirt said as she turned around and gave you a curious look.
"Are you one of the new members of the Chantry? I do not think I have seen you before."
She asked and gave you a bit of a smile.

"Yep that's me. Name's Serge bani Cult of Ecstasy. Just moved in here this morning."

"I think your mentor and my mentor both had the same teacher so in a way we're magickal cousins. Although I still think that's kinda weird." Serge explained with a slight chuckle.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer fixing)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Kyle nodded at that.
"I agree, I mean my father can work without being hurt by reality but his spells do one thing and if he want something else he have to spend time to make another spell. My magick seams more free but I get punished for it. When that is said it is still hard for me to learn from him. I have learned a little but what he do is so different from how I do it at times."
Colin nodded, "The two methods are very different, whatever Tradition's practices you use. All the same, neither way is inherently and universally superior to the other."

"Yeah I guess you are right there Sir and I will work with the man even if I am afraid of him no doubt about it but he is still creepy."
The young mage agreed.
"I have learned to hide pain so my mother will not get upset when I have done something to follow my dark impulses and my Dad have beaten me for it and it hurts to sit down for dinner or when I have gotten Paradox and it hurts I have learned to not express it so my Mom will not get upset I guess it is somewhat the same thing, but sometimes not expressing pain makes it harder and not easier to handle."
He said and frowned.
"It is the same with not expressing fear Sir?"
He nodded, "There have been times this weekend when I've wanted, deep down, to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep in terror... but if I were to do so on the battlefield, people I care for would die... people I don't personally care for would die... I would die... and that would only be the beginning of the suffering my surrendering to fear would allow. It is not exactly the same, but the similarities are greater than the differences."

"Ohh...I guess I have to watch some of these series if I can find them then, I have read the books you speak of Mr Wainwright but I did not know they where that old."
Kyle said and his eyes grew big.
"I did not know they liked thing that are actually fun back then."
He nodded, "I believe a lot of the American series are out on DVD, actually. Doctor Who, unfortunately... The BBC had an idiotic policy back in the day; they would erase the original tapes to save money on tapes - far too many of the first two Doctors are gone, possibly forever, until I can reach into the past and record them. Fortunately, broadcast schedules are a matter of record, so finding the right times to record the show is the least of the problems. Hum, come to think of it, I might be able to try now, even."

"I guess one do not need to know exactly how a person have felt or how something have been for them in a given situation to be able to show compassion and sympathy. Danielle died in a fire, I can not imagine what that was like not really but I understand that it must have been traumatic for her and I can sympatize with that."
Kyle said then he scratched at his leg where the eye had been.
"Yeah seeing that spoon coming was not fun."
He muttered softly.
He simply nodded.

"Thank you Sir I appreciate that."
Kyle said and smiled.
He pondered, "I... have some special sand set out there, actually. I should warn you - touching it might hurt you. I haven't been able to test it on a Fallen, and it's not really ethical to do so without consent."

The young mage sigh and looked away in a whisper he muttered.
"I am so tired of running, of being afraid all the time. I know my Dad meant well but he made me read those passages that where similar to what the Traditions would do to me again and again, every day so I would know what to fear since I was a little boy, we would always move from place to place. I have always had a knife on me to end myself if I was caught...I am just so tired..."
He muttered and then he shook his head.
"Ehm...sorry Sir I am not really sure where that came from...in any case I do not know if I am a warrior but it would not make sense to run, your group have my parents and it is not easy for a teenager to get by on his own. I have well vomited and well you know ehm...answered nature's call in a bucket that are still in the room so it would be easy enough to track me. If I stay I have a decent chance or so Master Morgan says but if I run I loose than and I am done. There really would be stupid of me to run, and also I gave my word and I do try to keep what I promise."
The boy said and glanced over at you.
He nodded, "I... understand where that came from. Deep down, you want to face your enemies, but your father has made you run and hide like prey instead."

"Well if they are like Lisa Larson they are assholes, she hurt my Dad and tried to get me to join her by that, she is a bitch and deserve a hart kick in the ass."
Kyle muttered angrily.
"Some of the others I met at the Labyrinth where not as bad though but yeah the Nephandi do seam to be rather a group of assholes that wants to piss in everyone's cereal just because it is Monday."
He nodded, "The problem is when someone seems likeable, when they appear to be your friend, and suddenly, you find out you've been associating with the Fallen for quite some time - and they let you know that if you don't join them, they'll rat you out to the Traditions. The law, unfortunately, is 'in for a penny, in for a pound'; you're as damned for casually associating with one of them as you would be for joining them fully... And they don't want to piss in your cereal because it's Monday - they want to piss in your cereal because you have cereal."

"I see, well it is good you managed to stop that spell then Sir and I bet that Nephandus was surprised. You helped take out a whole Labyrinth in Chicago that is awesome...was it scary?"
Kyle said and his eyes went big again.
He nodded, "Terrifying. And in a little while, I will go to help take out an even worse Labyrinth - a Nephandi Battlecruiser. It will be unpleasant; I do not want to do it - but I will, because it is necessary. Because in this case, I am the only one who can do the task I will perform..."

"That is right they do but how do you know that Sir?"
The young mage muttered surprised.
He smiled thinly, "Because I spoke with the memory of Arto. And he said as much - he knew you would play games on paintings and tablets powered by lightning until your hands ache, and you would not know why they ache so."

"Arto got injured in the war and his hands where broken? I have read stories of those who have been reincarnated with fear or health issues from their past lives, someone who died in a fire who is afraid of fire in their current life or someone who was shot in the heart who have birthmark there, something like that..."
The boy said and nodded.
"I do rest my hands at times when it gets to bad but probably if I am having fun playing I do not do so early enough."
He admitted.
"I guess I could ask Dr Lee if there is something I could put on them."
He nodded, "Arto was... captured. Breaking his hands took away much of his capability to use magic; he could no longer use hand seals or tools, and the pain hampered his concentration further..."

"I guess that makes allot of sense Sir that if there is reincarnation traumatic experiences can be remembers. I guess it go the other way as well that something you really enjoyed in your past life you may still remember in this on or is it only the bad part that carry over?"
He asked.
He smiled, "It's not whether it's a bad or good memory that determines whether it lingers or not, I think, but how strong that memory was. While a traumatic experience is more likely to stick, I also remember love from past lives, and that's a wonderful thing."

"I think you would be cute blue."
Freddy commented from the front seat. Richard nodded then he asked.
"I doubt those particles will be a problem but we might want to stick to using a CT and not an MRI, the MRI will give much better pictures but unless I know for sure that Primium do not react to magnetism it would not be safe. Also I can not use an MRI on Freddy due to her...earlier circumstances and with your injuries Colin you have to be absolutely sure there are no metal shrapnel left anywhere or no pins or anything else used to keep things together as you healed left. The boy might do for an MRI though if he is not claustrophobic but most find an MRI to be more invasive than a CT it takes longer, you have to stay even more still, if the head is going to be imagined a mask is usually used to restrain it it freaks allot of people out, but if it is safe to use with Primium then it would give better images."
The Askashic said and Kyle spoke up.
"A mask like that is a problem Sir..."
He nodded, "I am quite certain there are no bits of shrapnel left - and I don't believe there are any pins in my face, either, only an absurd amount of stitchwork. All the same, using the CT scan is probably a better choice for now, just to make sure..."
He looked at Kyle, "And if the mask is necessary for Kyle, he will need sedation first. And no touching his hands for it."

((OOC: Finally home. Tournament went, well, I made 14th place out of 17. Last match ended in a tie, due to time; I was milled out on the last turn, and I did not get the turn that would have caused me to lose. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Anja's Post:

A moment's thought. 'Can you follow her trail while sitting in a car, or do we need to be on foot?' Nicole asked.

[Sorry about the delay; been laid out most of today by migraine. On my day off. Figures.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Adley:

"Still weird; if I was being optimistic I'd imply maybe she ticked off someone over there," he said wryly.

"Well given the woman's personality I would not be surprised, for now we have to bare with it though and give her a chance."
The old Flambeau said with a small smile.

"Good. We should make a plan for them to be tended to, with the same trustworthy faces if we can at all manage it."

"I spoke with Miss Day and she do not seam to blame the Massassa for her injuries and as soon as she have gotten a little rest she have agreed to return to the duty of tending to them and seeing to their needs."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"We are going to have to arrange for some sort of rotation for it but for now we can ask her."

He sighed. "It could have gone better." He picked up the frame. 'Mr. L is terrified after being attacked while vulnerable. It took a while for him to allow it and he's still scared, I am concerned for his mental well being. I learned vampires can essentially lose their minds being like that. I also talked to N. about getting them some food as soon as we could. Further, I told L. I would check on T. Do you know how the boy is doing?

Your Mentor frowned.
"I am worried as well, keeping the Massassa like that is a form of torture and...I have not ordered it with a light heart. I do not know much about what they feel in that condition but it looks quite horrible. Mr Karl we can get to the villa, I have spoken with Father Shelly who is over there heading up the cleansing efforts and he have said he will agree to it, though he is not happy about having a Massassa in the house for Mr Lenoe though the situation is more difficult...I can not allow such a creature to move around the Chantry freely."
He said firmly then he continued.
"There is a bit of good news about Mr Wagner, using Mr Wainwright's spell and with the aid of Mr Kayak Master Telar managed to cleanse the vampiric Resonance out of the boy's Avatar and by that stopping further decay, she said that he will be in pain from the operation for some time and he will need rest and to be kept away from Messassa since he will still be addicted, but the good woman says that she think that his Avatar will now recover perfectly."

"I'll try to keep that in mind."

Your Mentor just nodded at that.

"There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it, so I will just have to mitigate it as best I can. It's the least of our problems now, just something to keep in mind for security. The older magii I have met call it my wizard mark."

"So it is, a bit of magick that have become a permanent part of you mea filius. I do agree that it is not something to be concerned with for now and I do not know how to stop it either but you know I worry for you allow an old man to fret over his son."
He said and gave a slight smile.

"Me neither, I'm kind of worried about him after what happened. I know in here it's easier but still that's a lot of back and forthing, even if we split the difference with them. I don't think it's immediately critical, what he needs to tell you, for if it were he would probably find a way himself."

"Agreed it is not long since Narim had a backlash strong enough to call a Spirit and while he hide it I know it shook him up, I am concerned for him. Very well then we will hold of for now and I can send a spirit to ask Chief Joakim if what he have to say have to be dealt with before the battle."

"I know it could have been worse. Thankfully, they figured out what was going on with me pretty quick. Here, I'll describe it..." he said and wrote down the pertinent things that occurred, as well as what he'd learned about Kyle and Arto, using initials and shorthand for their Houses.

Jeffry read what you had written then he handed the tablet back.
"Hum...it seams this former life of yours continue to rear it's head, would you want me to try to find out what records exist of this Enije ex Flambeau and perhaps this unfortunate Diedne as well?"
He offered.
"Mr Wainwright said you had a Quiet where you saw yourself back as the war with Diedne but he did not speak of these details, I do not think it would be wise if Master Nassa learns about this."
He warned.

"For now I think I just needed to tell you. But later...I think talking to one of my Euthanatos friends might...help. Please don't tell Colin that last part. I can't...not yet."

The old war mage gave you a compassionate look and nodded.
"Off course talk with whoever you think can help, and I will say nothing to anyone you have not specifically given me permission to talk about this with, it is your experience mea filius and yours to talk about or not as you feel is right for you."

He handed him the tablet with the rest of the summary bullet-points. "I think that's the rest of it, let me know if you need me to elaborate on any of it." He sighed and drank some of the coffee, put the empty mug down again. "It's kind of...well, a lot to be frank. It's a lot at one time. Not to complain...it's just hard for me to hold onto everything. Did my amicus tell you anything else, about what happened in the time bubble we were in?" he asked.

Jeffry read over what you had written then he looked up at you he looked rather concerned.
"Yes I can see that none of this have been easy on any of you...I am not sure what I can say to make it better though, things have been difficult but we have little choice but to continue fighting until our enemy is dealt with."
He said then he nodded.
"Yes Mr Wainwright told me about the time bubble and what was discussed in it his rapport was pretty detailed...so I do think I have a fairly good grasp of what transpired in Chicago now."
He said as he handed you the tablet back.
"I am not going to ask if you are okey Adley...but is there anything I can do for you?"
He asked kindly.

Serge:

Basement:

"I don't think she cares much for vampires. Other than that she's just some super cool badass who's amazing in fights. Held her own against an enraged vampire and sniped a couple of oil-men. Blew their heads clean right off. She's new in the chantry and already she's fought to protect it so that's nice." Serge said recounting Nicole's skills.

"Hum...sounds like the kind of person it is great to have on your side and pretty dangerous to have as an enemy. I do wonder if she is nice though, but yeah she sounds like she can kick some serious butt."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Yeah. That's why imagining it is better than actually experiencing it." Serge said with a sigh.

"You are probably right about that but there are better tings to dream about I think than front line combat."
The widderslainte muttered.

Cafeteria:

"Yep that's me. Name's Serge bani Cult of Ecstasy. Just moved in here this morning."

"I am Rosa Olson, no bani yet I am not initiated but when I am it will be in the same Tradition as yours."
The young woman said and smiled.
"Ehm my Mentor said he had a sister at Westchapel are you her apprentice?"
She asked.

"I think your mentor and my mentor both had the same teacher so in a way we're magickal cousins. Although I still think that's kinda weird." Serge explained with a slight chuckle.

"Well that answers my earlier question. It is a bit weird sure but it is nice to have more relatives, so Serge was it? What can I do for you?"
Rosa asked.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The two methods are very different, whatever Tradition's practices you use. All the same, neither way is inherently and universally superior to the other."

"Well at the core of it I guess magick is magick and no I do not think one is better than the other, and it is interesting in either case, magick I mean I want to learn more about all of it you know."
Kyle said and he grinned.

He nodded, "There have been times this weekend when I've wanted, deep down, to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep in terror... but if I were to do so on the battlefield, people I care for would die... people I don't personally care for would die... I would die... and that would only be the beginning of the suffering my surrendering to fear would allow. It is not exactly the same, but the similarities are greater than the differences."

"I understand...if you did not get back up and fight you and others would die Sir but even so facing fear is hard it sort of numb you from the inside out and make every action hard..."
The young widderslainte muttered.
"Well I guess at times you have to push through it anyway no matter how much you want to run and hide."

He nodded, "I believe a lot of the American series are out on DVD, actually. Doctor Who, unfortunately... The BBC had an idiotic policy back in the day; they would erase the original tapes to save money on tapes - far too many of the first two Doctors are gone, possibly forever, until I can reach into the past and record them. Fortunately, broadcast schedules are a matter of record, so finding the right times to record the show is the least of the problems. Hum, come to think of it, I might be able to try now, even."

"Preserving a favorite TV show now that is an interesting use of Time Magick Sir...I guess I am going to have to stick with what is available though, I wonder if any of it are on Netflix."

He pondered, "I... have some special sand set out there, actually. I should warn you - touching it might hurt you. I haven't been able to test it on a Fallen, and it's not really ethical to do so without consent."

"Is this sand something that is made to harm those who are Fallen Mr Wainwright?"
Kyle asked a bit nervously.
"Do you think it will hurt me allot?"
He muttered.
"I guess I can do it there is not much else I can do in this fight than allow you to test a weapon against Larson and her group on me but it do kind of scare me."
Kyle said and fidgeted with with hear stud nervously.

He nodded, "I... understand where that came from. Deep down, you want to face your enemies, but your father has made you run and hide like prey instead."

"Yeah...well most of all I just want to live in peace and not be like this, I do not want to get these dark impulses that make me a danger to those around me I do not want to be hunted I just want to live in peace with my family, practice my magick and make friends but when someone is coming after me I guess I would rather stand and face them than run and hide..."
Kyle said and looked down.

He nodded, "The problem is when someone seems likeable, when they appear to be your friend, and suddenly, you find out you've been associating with the Fallen for quite some time - and they let you know that if you don't join them, they'll rat you out to the Traditions. The law, unfortunately, is 'in for a penny, in for a pound'; you're as damned for casually associating with one of them as you would be for joining them fully... And they don't want to piss in your cereal because it's Monday - they want to piss in your cereal because you have cereal."

"Those laws are stupid Sir...sorry but they are they are like in this school I went to for a few months where there was a zero tolerance policy on touching drugs, so when one of my friends found one of the other girls unconscious in the bathroom with a needle in her arm she picked up her bag of drugs to see what she had taken so she could give accurate information to the paramedics when she called them and she got suspended for it since she had touched a bag of drugs...rules like that just suck."
Kyle grumbled.
"Damn the Nephandi are just anti cereal I mean one thing is wanting to stop existing yourself but it is not to cool to drag others down with you...and with all this talk about cereal now I am hungry."

He nodded, "Terrifying. And in a little while, I will go to help take out an even worse Labyrinth - a Nephandi Battlecruiser. It will be unpleasant; I do not want to do it - but I will, because it is necessary. Because in this case, I am the only one who can do the task I will perform..."

The young mage nodded and looked at you.
"I hope you will be alright Sir I regret that there is nothing more I can do to help than agree to help out with that sand of yours beyond that I am pretty useless right now."

He smiled thinly, "Because I spoke with the memory of Arto. And he said as much - he knew you would play games on paintings and tablets powered by lightning until your hands ache, and you would not know why they ache so."

"Paintings and tablets powered by lightening that...well I guess if someone looked into the future from way back when that is what it would look like."
Kyle muttered and he looked down at his hands.
"And I never knew why they ache I assumed it was more Paradox stuff..."

He nodded, "Arto was... captured. Breaking his hands took away much of his capability to use magic; he could no longer use hand seals or tools, and the pain hampered his concentration further..."

"Shit...okey then Sir I am not going to complain about the serum it suck but having one's hands broken I...ehm they don't still do that do they I mean I know I will be sent somewhere for a trial eventually?"
The young widderslainte asked now suddenly scared.

He smiled, "It's not whether it's a bad or good memory that determines whether it lingers or not, I think, but how strong that memory was. While a traumatic experience is more likely to stick, I also remember love from past lives, and that's a wonderful thing."

"I see Sir, well that do make allot of sense actually."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do not think I have any direct memories from former lives only that those names seamed familiar..."

He nodded, "I am quite certain there are no bits of shrapnel left - and I don't believe there are any pins in my face, either, only an absurd amount of stitchwork. All the same, using the CT scan is probably a better choice for now, just to make sure..."

"Agreed it is simpler as well."
Richard said.
"And takes less time, though if we could get one RI scan it might tell us more and we could place that person in the machine while the two others get CTs....the machines are not in the same part of the hospital though..."

He looked at Kyle, "And if the mask is necessary for Kyle, he will need sedation first. And no touching his hands for it."

"For a CT there should not be a need to use a mask for a MRI it would be better as he will have to hold perfectly still for longer, but it should not be a problem I have a sedative I often use on patients that have a problem with being placed in the machines, it is a mild sedative that causes them to fall asleep but they do not sleep so deeply that it is a problem if they get sick from the contrast fluid which deeper sedation could be...as for his hands it should be no problem, he is pale and thin so finding a vein is not likely to be an issue, for contrast fluid we usually use the arm unless the patient is a hard stick."
Richard said and he sounded rather experienced in the matter Kyle shook his head.
"I do not want to use the hands no matter how hard it is!"
Richard sigh.
"Like I said it is not likely to be a problem, Kyle was it? But I can not say for sure until the nurse I have asked to assist us gets a look at you."
He said in a comforting tone of voice. Kyle shook his head.
"I am not doing it if she have to use my hands!"
He declared and Richard glanced at you in the rear view mirror.
"If it comes to that Kyle it will be up to Colin what we do but do try not to worry you will be in the best of hands."
Kyle moved around a bit uneasy and looked at you nervously.

Nicole:

"No being in a car should be fine, as long as I can work on my phone I am good."
Narim said.
"You where thinking it would be faster to go back and get a car to follow our target in?"

(OOC: I hope you had fun at the tournament I have considered going but after I was bullied out of the MtG club I joined when I was a teenager I have not been able to bring myself to play with strangers.)

(OOC 2: Migraine sucks so that is quite ok and also just post when you want to and have a chance to there is no rush.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well, yeah. If the target remains on foot, we'll catch up easy. If they used transport, we'd be fucked if we remain on foot.' Nicole stated in a matter-of-fact way, but looking to see if the Adept agreed with the conclusion.

[Better now, thanks; simply at the 'dull ache' aftermath bit. More annoyed that as per usual, it happened on my day off.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm

"I agree let us hurry back then, my car or yours by the way?"
Narim said as he begun to quickly walk back to Steelhaven.
"We will cover more ground in a car than on foot, good thinking."

(OOC: Such things always come when we do not want them to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Anja's Post:

'Mine. You need to do your thing, which means I'll be driving.' Nicole replied, following Narim back to the chantry.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 pm

"That sounds like a fair point Miss if you point out which car is yours."
Narim said as he entered back into the front door of the Chantry and headed for the garage.
"Do you need anything before we go?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 pm

"You are probably right about that but there are better tings to dream about I think than front line combat."
The widderslainte muttered.

"Really? Cause that's all I dream about. Combat, adventures, swords clashing with swords, witty remarks, snappy comebacks, arm wrestling with a dragon. Basically dream of myself as the main character in a television show." Serge said with a smile.

Cafeteria:

"I am Rosa Olson, no bani yet I am not initiated but when I am it will be in the same Tradition as yours."
The young woman said and smiled.
"Ehm my Mentor said he had a sister at Westchapel are you her apprentice?"
She asked.

"Alright, your gonna get this cool ring soon." Serge said holding up his silver lily ring which his mentor had presented to him when she initiated him into the tradition.

"Well that answers my earlier question. It is a bit weird sure but it is nice to have more relatives, so Serge was it? What can I do for you?"
Rosa asked.

"Master Morgan has been asking me to do a couple of things for him. Right now I'm drawing pictures of high-ranking Nephandi members." Serge began to explain.

"He sent me to find you because you've seen the big bad boss, Lisa Larson herself. I know it might not be easy...but I'm going to need you to describe her to me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Anja's Post:

'Better let someone know what's up.' Nicole said, quickly grabbing a writing utensil and a bit of paper from the first available source; at worst being a permanent marker and the back of her motel receipt in her jacket pocket:

'Tracking target who we saw from top floor window with Narim. Trail going cold. Cell: 415 555 2671. Bouchard.'

As soon as she was done, she'd shove the message in the hands of the first person she saw with the order 'Give this to the Chief - now.'

'This one.' Nicole said to Narim, striding over to the older sedan, fishing out her keys and unlocking it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Serge:

Basement:

"Really? Cause that's all I dream about. Combat, adventures, swords clashing with swords, witty remarks, snappy comebacks, arm wrestling with a dragon. Basically dream of myself as the main character in a television show." Serge said with a smile.

Kyle smiled a little.
"I get that it is cool in game and on TV but a real fight that means blood, death and pain and it is far less glorious, sometimes fighting is necessary but it really is not like on TV you know."

Cafeteria:

"Alright, your gonna get this cool ring soon." Serge said holding up his silver lily ring which his mentor had presented to him when she initiated him into the tradition.

"Yeah my Mentor have one of those rings...it is a bit of yet though as I Awakened like a month ago."
Rosa said and she smiled a little.

"Master Morgan has been asking me to do a couple of things for him. Right now I'm drawing pictures of high-ranking Nephandi members." Serge began to explain.

"He sent me to find you because you've seen the big bad boss, Lisa Larson herself. I know it might not be easy...but I'm going to need you to describe her to me."

"Ah I see ok...I can do that and do not worry about me, I where not hurt nor where the other girl who I was picking up there but she...killed a sleeper right in front of me, threatening she would kill everyone there unless I came with her...if it had not been for a pair of Technocrats that where there and who decided to go after Larson and not us so we could get away and later some guys from the Chantry came for us...I do not know what would have happened but I am fine...I just..."
Rosa muttered as she sat down on one of the chairs and indicated you could sit down as well.
"Ok description...so you are going to draw her?"
She asked then she sigh.
"The woman I saw there tall with broad shoulders, she was thin, almost bony with cold blue eyes, thin lips and high cheekbones, her hair where blond, slightly curly and shoulder length, she looked to be 40 or 45 but I have come to understand that do not mean much among mages, her hair was just beginning to gray, she was wearing a red business suit when I saw her."
Rosa said.

Nicole:

'Better let someone know what's up.' Nicole said, quickly grabbing a writing utensil and a bit of paper from the first available source; at worst being a permanent marker and the back of her motel receipt in her jacket pocket:

"Yes that is probably a good idea so they do not worry about us."
Narim agreed.
"Then again I am sure the Chief will worry about us regardless it is what he do."
He added.
"He and his apprentice..."
He muttered to himself and smiled a little at the last part.

'Tracking target who we saw from top floor window with Narim. Trail going cold. Cell: 415 555 2671. Bouchard.'

As soon as she was done, she'd shove the message in the hands of the first person she saw with the order 'Give this to the Chief - now.'

The one you ended up giving the note to was a woman in her 30's with long dark blond hair wearing a pin blouse, where skirt and a cardigan she looked rather confused but she nodded.
"Yes...yes off course."
She said while Narim tried to smooth things over socially.
"Thank you Miss White...forgive us, we are in a bit of a hurry, deeply sorry."
He said and bowed before he headed after you to the garage.

'This one.' Nicole said to Narim, striding over to the older sedan, fishing out her keys and unlocking it.

The Virtual Adept got in and nodded.
"Ok...do you have a GPS Miss? I can get it to show the route we must take to follow our target."
He asked as he setteled down, slipped on the safety belt and then got to work on his phone again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 pm

"Well at the core of it I guess magick is magick and no I do not think one is better than the other, and it is interesting in either case, magick I mean I want to learn more about all of it you know."
Kyle said and he grinned.
Colin grinned, "You will, kid. You will."

"I understand...if you did not get back up and fight you and others would die Sir but even so facing fear is hard it sort of numb you from the inside out and make every action hard..."
The young widderslainte muttered.
"Well I guess at times you have to push through it anyway no matter how much you want to run and hide."
He nodded, "Precisely."

"Preserving a favorite TV show now that is an interesting use of Time Magick Sir...I guess I am going to have to stick with what is available though, I wonder if any of it are on Netflix."
He grinned, "Well, it's only appropriate for a show about adventures across the entirety of time and space. Over the span of fifty years, the Doctor has traveled to both the beginning and the end of time. I don't know how much Netflix has of it, though if they have any, it's probably only from the when the series resumed in 2005. There were a few years where the show was on a hiatus."

"Is this sand something that is made to harm those who are Fallen Mr Wainwright?"
Kyle asked a bit nervously.
"Do you think it will hurt me allot?"
He muttered.
"I guess I can do it there is not much else I can do in this fight than allow you to test a weapon against Larson and her group on me but it do kind of scare me."
Kyle said and fidgeted with with hear stud nervously.
He shook his head and smiled, "It's not made as a weapon. That's more of a side effect. It's... ephemeral sand, cast off from an Avatar slowly grinding against itself to turn back from being Fallen and back to the light... My apprentice took a trip across about fifty years at least to bring this gift to our doorstep in the time of need. She is brilliant now, but in time... she'll be magnificent."
He sighed, "I remember, briefly, from the future that one Fallen tried to abduct Anna, but was turned away by the sands she secretes. It seems... it triggers strong memories, full-sensory ones, of better times. For someone with a Fallen Avatar... that could be very painful."

"Yeah...well most of all I just want to live in peace and not be like this, I do not want to get these dark impulses that make me a danger to those around me I do not want to be hunted I just want to live in peace with my family, practice my magick and make friends but when someone is coming after me I guess I would rather stand and face them than run and hide..."
Kyle said and looked down.
He nodded, "Your father did as he thought best - and in all honesty, you are young and inexperienced yet, and you would not last two minutes against a battlemage. Give it a few years with Chief Morgan, though, and that'll be turned on its head."

"Those laws are stupid Sir...sorry but they are they are like in this school I went to for a few months where there was a zero tolerance policy on touching drugs, so when one of my friends found one of the other girls unconscious in the bathroom with a needle in her arm she picked up her bag of drugs to see what she had taken so she could give accurate information to the paramedics when she called them and she got suspended for it since she had touched a bag of drugs...rules like that just suck."
Kyle grumbled.
"Damn the Nephandi are just anti cereal I mean one thing is wanting to stop existing yourself but it is not to cool to drag others down with you...and with all this talk about cereal now I am hungry."
He nodded, "That law, or more precisely the practice of it, is stupid. And yes, I've heard of such zero-tolerance idiocy cases. I believe there was one spectacular case in Germany where a girl was expelled for her 'insulin addiction'... better known as diabetes. Hum, hungry? I'll see if we can pick up an overpriced sandwich or granola bar in the hospital cafeteria?"

The young mage nodded and looked at you.
"I hope you will be alright Sir I regret that there is nothing more I can do to help than agree to help out with that sand of yours beyond that I am pretty useless right now."
He nodded, "Quite alright... and I appreciate you volunteering."

"Paintings and tablets powered by lightening that...well I guess if someone looked into the future from way back when that is what it would look like."
Kyle muttered and he looked down at his hands.
"And I never knew why they ache I assumed it was more Paradox stuff..."
He smiled wryly, "Echoes from the past take many forms. I'm honestly a little curious about your magical big brother - you've noticed his rather spectacular vocal cords, I trust?"

"Shit...okey then Sir I am not going to complain about the serum it suck but having one's hands broken I...ehm they don't still do that do they I mean I know I will be sent somewhere for a trial eventually?"
The young widderslainte asked now suddenly scared.
He shook his head, "It happens on a rare occasion still, but as far as I understand only when other means of restraint is entirely unavailable. The most common restraints, i think, are anti-magic cells and enchanted handcuffs... I can't lie, the cuffs will not be pleasant for you, but the cells... not actually all that uncomfortable. For limited periods of time, mind you."

"I see Sir, well that do make allot of sense actually."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I do not think I have any direct memories from former lives only that those names seamed familiar..."
He nodded, "If she thinks you need to remember something from a past life, your Grudge ghost will let you know. Quite likely at a very inconvenient time for whatever plans you might have."

"Agreed it is simpler as well."
Richard said.
"And takes less time, though if we could get one RI scan it might tell us more and we could place that person in the machine while the two others get CTs....the machines are not in the same part of the hospital though..."
He shook his head briskly, "There will be no separating us; Kyle stays close to me at all times. That is not up for debate. Chief Morgan would have my head. On two separate platters, one of which to be sent gift-wrapped to the Senior Quaesitor."

"For a CT there should not be a need to use a mask for a MRI it would be better as he will have to hold perfectly still for longer, but it should not be a problem I have a sedative I often use on patients that have a problem with being placed in the machines, it is a mild sedative that causes them to fall asleep but they do not sleep so deeply that it is a problem if they get sick from the contrast fluid which deeper sedation could be...as for his hands it should be no problem, he is pale and thin so finding a vein is not likely to be an issue, for contrast fluid we usually use the arm unless the patient is a hard stick."
Richard said and he sounded rather experienced in the matter Kyle shook his head.
"I do not want to use the hands no matter how hard it is!"
Richard sigh.
"Like I said it is not likely to be a problem, Kyle was it? But I can not say for sure until the nurse I have asked to assist us gets a look at you."
He said in a comforting tone of voice. Kyle shook his head.
"I am not doing it if she have to use my hands!"
He declared and Richard glanced at you in the rear view mirror.
"If it comes to that Kyle it will be up to Colin what we do but do try not to worry you will be in the best of hands."
Kyle moved around a bit uneasy and looked at you nervously.
He nodded to Kyle, "The hands are off limits. If it comes to that, are the jugular vein or carotid artery viable alternatives?"

((OOC: I think you might be able to tolerate the bunch in those tournaments. Then again, I haven't seen any women in those tournaments, so there might be a few "gatekeepers" there. Impossible to say.))

((OOC2: Yeah, no, no splitting the party - Morgan might get angry and punish Colin for literally interpreting the "Kyle must wear the handcuffs" order, but if Colin then let Kyle out of sight as well? Oh, Hell no!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next