Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 27 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Serge:

"I talked to them for a bit although I was just trying to calm them down. They seemed quite nice. They were really scared though. The prisoner used some magick on them and it sort of freaked them out." Serge explained.

"Well some magick can be quite terrifying."
Rosa agreed.
"It is a shame they where scared though I feel bad for them. I am glad you managed to calm them down."

"When their enraged all vampires are dangerous. But when their calm you never really know. The ones I met in the basement seemed really nice but from what I've heard though most vampires aren't the friendliest people." Serge continued.

"Hum...it would be interesting to meet one of their kind once, but I doubt my Mentor would be very happy if I did."
Rosa said and smiled a little.
"From what you say one have to be careful around their kind though."

"And I think vampires are pretty much undead. Although I didn't study them that much I don't think they need to eat daily or breathe or do any of the boring stuff that the living need to do.

"Boring I dont't know I sort of enjoy both eating and breathing and quite a few other things that we living being do."
Rosa said and raised and eyebrow at your words.
"I mean we are alive, physical and I think we should enjoy that to it's fullest I mean you never know what tomorrow will bring."
The young Cultist said and smiled.

I don't even think they have working hearts. They also seem to take injuries that would kill a normal person. One of them had a gaping hole in his chest and he didn't seem to mind." Serge said trying to remember what little he knew of vampires.

"They don't have working hearts and can brush of a gaping chest wound? These creatures don't sound like someone you would want to mess with."
Rosa said and her eyes grew a little wider but she was curious as well.
"Where are our guests now?"

He quickly followed Adley's directions, knowing that the Hermetic was clearly in a hurry. He searched for Adjan, all the while wondering what Adley was in such a hurry for.

You went Euthanathos hunting in the attic and low and behold you found one. Adjan was on his way out of a small room at the end of the open attic area and he was headed towards the stairs when he saw you.
"Hello Mr Yager."
He said in greeting.
"Where you looking for something?"

Adley:

"Thank you - if he is meditating, be sure to knock or somelike, it can be disorienting to be disturbed," he suggested to Serge, then walked quickly over towards Arn and Hildegaard.

You got over to the two magi, well three magi really as Hildegard where sitting there with her apprentice, the Chorister gave you a polite nod. Little Jane gave you a curtsy as her Mentor asked.
"Can I help you with anything Mr Roth Hicks?"
Arn glanced in your direction the young Solificato was busy with a sandwich and a cup of coffee.

Colin:

He nodded, "I think she'll be alright with it, though. She has piercings that were done by a spirit friend of mine - he's got long, thing, sharp blades for fingers; sort of a Freddy Krueger glove look. Blades and pain don't frighten her."

Richard raised an eyebrow at that.
"Well okey then...even so the cream will not harm her and it is better to make sure the experience do not frighten her just in case medical phobias do have a tendency to spread, and unless she mind the cream it is fairly inexpensive and easy to use."

He nodded and replied grimly, "And the idiot who brought in the ammunition wasn't even in the building when it went up... but others were."

"That is unfortunately often how it goes."
Richard grumbled and frowned.

He nodded slowly, "She was... still an attractive woman, I suppose, but her bones had begun to decay. She's in quite a bit of pain from it, by her own testimony. A brave woman, too; she sacrificed her fate to ensure her daughter received a painless, quick death... and to save her daughter's cat."

"Her bones are decaying...damn that do not sound good poor woman. I agree she got guts if she sacrificed herself for her kid and her kid's pet...what happened to her, where she killed Sir?"
Kyle asked and he looked a bit uneasy about what you where telling him about the Nephandi woman.

He looked back at Freddy and smiled at her, then returned his attention to Kyle's foot, making sure it was held steady.

You managed to hold Kyle's food steady despite his flinching and shivering, though it was not the most easy task in the world to do so and in addition not hold it so hard the kid felt himself restrained, it was a good thing you had steady hands. Freddy gave you a quick smile but then focused on getting Kyle to tell her about the game he was playing on her phone, asking him questions and keeping his focus on that and not what was happening with his foot.

He looked back at Kyle, "...I know it hurts, but the catheter is almost in place, and then it will be merely a little uncomfortable. If you insist, we will stop and pull out... but then we will have to start over later; are you sure you want to stop now, so close to the finish line?"

Kyle looked rather scared.
"I don't want to try again later I don't want to be poked and prodded anymore, with the serum and this and everything I have had enough!"
He muttered and groaned then he took a deep breath.
"O...ok...Dr Lee can place it but that is it...nothing more, I will do the scan but nothing else, I am done now!"
He muttered and wiped the back of his hand at his eyes..

Richard placed the caterer as carefully as he could but Kyle still whimpered he was stressed and that made it worse.
"Ok...I am done...I am going to flush the IV with a bit of saline it will feel a bit cold but is not going to hurt."
The Akashic said softly as he worked.
"Now that it is in place I can give you a small injection of something that will take way the discomfort and make it easier to remove the caterer when we are done, it can be done with a small insulin needle that you will barely feel. I could not do it before as it would make it harder to hit the vein but there is no reason for you to be in pain now."
Richard offered as he gently taped the IV down but Kyle tried to pull his foot away.
"No more touching..."
He muttered in a sore tone of voice this had not been an easy morning for him.

You see that Mona had returned with the contrast fluid and she placed the three containers on a nearby table.
"Is everything alright?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 27 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 pm

"Boring I dont't know I sort of enjoy both eating and breathing and quite a few other things that we living being do."
Rosa said and raised and eyebrow at your words.
"I mean we are alive, physical and I think we should enjoy that to it's fullest I mean you never know what tomorrow will bring."
The young Cultist said and smiled.

"Ugh eating is such a waste of time though. I'd rather be watching tv, playing reading a book, magicking, daydreaming, drawing, or a whole mess of other stuff." Serge said with a smile.

"But yeah, I guess I do enjoy being alive. But remember that vampires are immortal. Under normal circumstances they will always get to experience tommorow."

"They don't have working hearts and can brush of a gaping chest wound? These creatures don't sound like someone you would want to mess with."
Rosa said and her eyes grew a little wider but she was curious as well.
"Where are our guests now?"

"The vampire guests? They are....well...ummm...sleeping. The battle tired them out and it is the middle of the day." Serge stammered not sure if he should mention the grim staking that the vampires had to endure.

Attic:

You went Euthanathos hunting in the attic and low and behold you found one. Adjan was on his way out of a small room at the end of the open attic area and he was headed towards the stairs when he saw you.
"Hello Mr Yager."
He said in greeting.
"Where you looking for something?"

"Hey Mr.Terach. I was actually looking for you. Mr. Roth Hick's wanted you to go to the security Chief's office and to be ready to move. He didn't say for what and he seemed like he was in a hurry." Serge said repeating the request given to him by Adley.

"I'm going to the office now to drop off a picture of Lisa Larson. We can go to together." Serge suggested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:05 pm

You got over to the two magi, well three magi really as Hildegard where sitting there with her apprentice, the Chorister gave you a polite nod. Little Jane gave you a curtsy as her Mentor asked. "Can I help you with anything Mr Roth Hicks?" Arn glanced in your direction the young Solificato was busy with a sandwich and a cup of coffee.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but we may need some assistance on hand for a possible mission. The Chief asked to see who was available and gather a few to meet at his security office," he said. He glanced at Jane and then back to Hildegaard and Arn. "It could be a...difficult one," he said, not wishing to scare Jane but impress that it could be dangerous. "Details are being gathered now but it involves our enemy."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Richard raised an eyebrow at that.
"Well okey then...even so the cream will not harm her and it is better to make sure the experience do not frighten her just in case medical phobias do have a tendency to spread, and unless she mind the cream it is fairly inexpensive and easy to use."
He nodded, "No, I meant scalpels should not be a problem. The cream should also be fine, though."

"Her bones are decaying...damn that do not sound good poor woman. I agree she got guts if she sacrificed herself for her kid and her kid's pet...what happened to her, where she killed Sir?"
Kyle asked and he looked a bit uneasy about what you where telling him about the Nephandi woman.
He shook his head slowly, "No, she lives... still. She is a cooperating prisoner, though, so there's a better than average chance she will be treated with at least a measure of dignity until, well..."

Kyle looked rather scared.
"I don't want to try again later I don't want to be poked and prodded anymore, with the serum and this and everything I have had enough!"
He muttered and groaned then he took a deep breath.
"O...ok...Dr Lee can place it but that is it...nothing more, I will do the scan but nothing else, I am done now!"
He muttered and wiped the back of his hand at his eyes..
He looked at Kyle, and nodded.

Richard placed the caterer as carefully as he could but Kyle still whimpered he was stressed and that made it worse.
"Ok...I am done...I am going to flush the IV with a bit of saline it will feel a bit cold but is not going to hurt."
The Akashic said softly as he worked.
"Now that it is in place I can give you a small injection of something that will take way the discomfort and make it easier to remove the caterer when we are done, it can be done with a small insulin needle that you will barely feel. I could not do it before as it would make it harder to hit the vein but there is no reason for you to be in pain now."
Richard offered as he gently taped the IV down but Kyle tried to pull his foot away.
"No more touching..."
He muttered in a sore tone of voice this had not been an easy morning for him.
He smiled thinly as he held Kyle's foot in place for just a moment more, "It's just a a bit of tape to hold the catheter in place, so there won't be a need for touching... Your parents and Chief Morgan will be proud of you, son; I've seen far larger men break down over far less discomfort than this... and that was without any phobias, too."

You see that Mona had returned with the contrast fluid and she placed the three containers on a nearby table.
"Is everything alright?"
She asked.
He smiled thinly, "A slight hiccup with finding a vein, but the kid persevered. Do you have a pipette at hand, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Serge:

"Ugh eating is such a waste of time though. I'd rather be watching tv, playing reading a book, magicking, daydreaming, drawing, or a whole mess of other stuff." Serge said with a smile.

"If I looked at things like you do Serge I would be allot thinner."
Rosa said and grinned a little.
"But yes those other things are good as well."

"But yeah, I guess I do enjoy being alive. But remember that vampires are immortal. Under normal circumstances they will always get to experience tommorow."

"Well I would rather have one year of really enjoying life and eating, dancing, listening to music, feeling, fucking and generally being alive than a hundred years just existing."
The young Cultist commented.

"The vampire guests? They are....well...ummm...sleeping. The battle tired them out and it is the middle of the day." Serge stammered not sure if he should mention the grim staking that the vampires had to endure.

Rosa raised an eyebrow at you.
"I see...well it would make sense that they would be sleeping during the day if they are vampires...I wonder if I will get to meet them come evening."

"Hey Mr.Terach. I was actually looking for you. Mr. Roth Hick's wanted you to go to the security Chief's office and to be ready to move. He didn't say for what and he seemed like he was in a hurry." Serge said repeating the request given to him by Adley.

Adjan nodded at that.
"Very well thank you for the message Mr Yager, I will head to the Security Office at once."
The Euthanathos agreed.

"I'm going to the office now to drop off a picture of Lisa Larson. We can go to together." Serge suggested

"Yeah sure...a picture of Larson? How did you get that Mr Yager?"
Adjan said as he headed down the stairs at a brisk pace clearly concerned about what he might be needed so urgently.

Adley:

"Pardon me for interrupting, but we may need some assistance on hand for a possible mission. The Chief asked to see who was available and gather a few to meet at his security office," he said. He glanced at Jane and then back to Hildegaard and Arn. "It could be a...difficult one," he said, not wishing to scare Jane but impress that it could be dangerous. "Details are being gathered now but it involves our enemy."

Hildegard nodded and turned to her apprentice.
"Jane I want you to go to your room and practice the verses I taught you last night, see if you can see the heat of the radiator in the tones of the song ok."
She said before ruffling the little girl's hair. Jane stood and took her plate and that of her teacher.
"Ok Mentor, I will take this to the kitchen and go right away."
She agreed then she smiled to you.
"Excuse me Sir."
The child said politely before she took the plates to the kitchen and then headed to her room.

Once Jane had left Hildegard nodded.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks, whatever the Chief needs."
She said and stood. Arn glanced at his half eaten sandwich and coffee regretfully then he sigh and stood up.
"Sure I am in...never a dull moment eh?"

Colin:

He nodded, "No, I meant scalpels should not be a problem. The cream should also be fine, though."

"Good to hear...that would make things simpler when it comes to treating her."
Richard said and nodded.

He shook his head slowly, "No, she lives... still. She is a cooperating prisoner, though, so there's a better than average chance she will be treated with at least a measure of dignity until, well..."

"Until...that happens."
Kyle said and he looked terrified for a moment and started fidgeting with his ear stud again.
"I...I don't like to think...about that..."
He muttered and Richard looked a little uneasy as well at the thought.

He smiled thinly as he held Kyle's foot in place for just a moment more, "It's just a a bit of tape to hold the catheter in place, so there won't be a need for touching... Your parents and Chief Morgan will be proud of you, son; I've seen far larger men break down over far less discomfort than this... and that was without any phobias, too."

"I...don't want to have my foot held anymore..."
Kyle protested and he pulled on it again. Richard moved quickly and secured the caterer with tape and a water proof covering and nodded to you. The boy's foot was swollen and red and angry bruises was forming around where Richard had been working, there was likely there was a fair bit of discomfort.
"There is no need to hold it anymore now Kyle, and I promise the contrast fluid itself will not hurt but just in case let us let you rest a bit for now and do the scan on you last so the tissue of your foot have a bit of time to settle down."
The Akashic said soothingly. Kyle chewed on his lower lip and looked at you he was in pain, tired and upset.
"You think so, that my parents and Master Morgan would be proud Sir?"
He asked hesitantly and pulled at his foot again to get it loose from your grip.
"I do not want any blood drawn afterwards or anything else done!"
He muttered in a sullen tone of voice.
"I am so done with being poked and prodded."
He said in a sore tone of voice.
"And my foot still hurts!"

He smiled thinly, "A slight hiccup with finding a vein, but the kid persevered. Do you have a pipette at hand, then?"

"Ah...that can make it quite uncomfortable."
Mona said and she cast Kyle a sympathetic look.
"I did bring one yes...and also some water, I thought your group might be thirsty."
She said and indicated a pipette she had put on the table next to the containers of contrast fluid and then she took three bottles of water out of a bag and handed them off to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 am

"Excuse me Sir." The child said politely before she took the plates to the kitchen and then headed to her room.

He nodded at her as she started on her way and then looked at the elder maga. "Ma'am...there someone to watch over her?" he asked, concerned.

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks, whatever the Chief needs." She said and stood. Arn glanced at his half eaten sandwich and coffee regretfully then he sigh and stood up.
"Sure I am in...never a dull moment eh?"

"Thank you. Is there anyone else you happen to know of that could assist?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 am

"Until...that happens."
Kyle said and he looked terrified for a moment and started fidgeting with his ear stud again.
"I...I don't like to think...about that..."
He muttered and Richard looked a little uneasy as well at the thought.
Colin shook his head, "Nobody wants to think about that... Let us change the subject, shall we?"

"I...don't want to have my foot held anymore..."
Kyle protested and he pulled on it again. Richard moved quickly and secured the caterer with tape and a water proof covering and nodded to you. The boy's foot was swollen and red and angry bruises was forming around where Richard had been working, there was likely there was a fair bit of discomfort.
"There is no need to hold it anymore now Kyle, and I promise the contrast fluid itself will not hurt but just in case let us let you rest a bit for now and do the scan on you last so the tissue of your foot have a bit of time to settle down."
The Akashic said soothingly. Kyle chewed on his lower lip and looked at you he was in pain, tired and upset.
"You think so, that my parents and Master Morgan would be proud Sir?"
He asked hesitantly and pulled at his foot again to get it loose from your grip.
"I do not want any blood drawn afterwards or anything else done!"
He muttered in a sullen tone of voice.
"I am so done with being poked and prodded."
He said in a sore tone of voice.
"And my foot still hurts!"
He nodded and released Kyle's foot as soon as the tape was in place, "And there we go. Good work, Kyle. I do indeed believe Chief Morgan will be proud - you just stood up to a long-lasting personal fear, and you persevered. I suspect there are quite a few older Magi who cannot boast of that."

"Ah...that can make it quite uncomfortable."
Mona said and she cast Kyle a sympathetic look.
"I did bring one yes...and also some water, I thought your group might be thirsty."
She said and indicated a pipette she had put on the table next to the containers of contrast fluid and then she took three bottles of water out of a bag and handed them off to you.
He nodded, pulling out the potion vial again, "Right, let's see now, here's the catalyst - two drops each should do the trick. If you would do the honours? I may not let it out of my sight, but I still trust medical personnel more to get the mixing right than I would trust myself."
He handed a bottle to Kyle, "Oh, and I should get these off before your scan..."
He fetched the key from his jacket and unlocked the handcuffs, "There, and you ought to take out your piercing, as well. Now, just take a breather and have some water. It's my turn to get poked and prodded."

((OOC: No wonder Kyle is in pain, if Richard stuck a caterer in his foot. You need to give your autocorrect a healthy dose of spankings, Anja. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:24 am

"Well I would rather have one year of really enjoying life and eating, dancing, listening to music, feeling, fucking and generally being alive than a hundred years just existing."
The young Cultist commented.

"I assume vampires can do those things as well....except only at nighttime after they've sated their ravenous thirst for blood. Actually I don't think they cat 'eat' but the other stuff they can do....I think. I doubt being undead stops you from listening to music or dancing. Granted they might get bored after the first couple of centuries." Serge said with a smile.

Rosa raised an eyebrow at you.
"I see...well it would make sense that they would be sleeping during the day if they are vampires...I wonder if I will get to meet them come evening."

"I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they just want to be left alone for now. Their probably really suspicious of people they don't know, especially unknown mages considering what just happened to them." Serge said.

Attic:

Adjan nodded at that.
"Very well thank you for the message Mr Yager, I will head to the Security Office at once."
The Euthanathos agreed.
"Yeah sure...a picture of Larson? How did you get that Mr Yager?"
Adjan said as he headed down the stairs at a brisk pace clearly concerned about what he might be needed so urgently.

Serge tried to followed Adjan at a similar pace, trying to keep up with the athletically superior mage.

"Master Morgan told me that Ms. Olsen saw Larson when she was nearly kidnapped by her at the airport. I asked her for a description of Larson and drew it by hand." Serge said flipping to the drawing and showing it to Adjan.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:00 am

she will have to be brought to the storage rooms used as cells
Yeah, if no one's available, i'll have to take her there.

I will not have a Nephandus escape because she was not kept under proper guard.
She will be guarded, i assure you.
I'll see when i need it what method is best for everyone.

Ok then, Let's dig in! He said, and started reading.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 am

Adley:

He nodded at her as she started on her way and then looked at the elder maga. "Ma'am...there someone to watch over her?" he asked, concerned.

"Unfortunately so many are busy with their own tasks it is hard to ask someone to take the time to babysit my apprentice. Hopefully the Chantry is safe now though."
Hildegard said and frowned.

"Thank you. Is there anyone else you happen to know of that could assist?"

"I saw Miss Rizzo down here not long ago and I do not think she was busy at the moment and I think I saw Jason McLan somewhere as well, they might be free and able to help. That new guy Devon Miles might also be able to lend a hand."
Arn replied then he shrugged.
"Other than that I don't know."

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "Nobody wants to think about that... Let us change the subject, shall we?"

"Yeah that...would be best I think Sir."
Kyle muttered nervously he did not like the topic of Gilgul, but then again neither did any other mage.

He nodded and released Kyle's foot as soon as the tape was in place, "And there we go. Good work, Kyle. I do indeed believe Chief Morgan will be proud - you just stood up to a long-lasting personal fear, and you persevered. I suspect there are quite a few older Magi who cannot boast of that."

Kyle curled up a little he grabbed his foot and looked at it.
"Don't worry it look worse than it is, it will be swollen and bruised for a while but it will be fine."
Richard said to soothe the boy.
"Now just let it rest and it will feet better soon."
He advices. Kyle looked rather sullen and he was far from happy but he looked from you to Richard and nodded.

He nodded, pulling out the potion vial again, "Right, let's see now, here's the catalyst - two drops each should do the trick. If you would do the honours? I may not let it out of my sight, but I still trust medical personnel more to get the mixing right than I would trust myself."

Mona nodded and begun to ready the syringes of contrast fluid including two drops added to each.
"Very well Sir and you are sure there is nothing poisonous in this that could hurt you or your friends?"
She asked as she worked.

He handed a bottle to Kyle, "Oh, and I should get these off before your scan..."
He fetched the key from his jacket and unlocked the handcuffs, "There, and you ought to take out your piercing, as well. Now, just take a breather and have some water. It's my turn to get poked and prodded."

Kyle accepted the water with shaking hands and took a sip, he looked down at his wrist as you removed the cuffs and then reached up to take the small steel skull stud out of his ear.
"I...don't know where to put it in the mean time."
He said. Richard held out a hand.
"I can put it in my pocket...now for now lay down and rest, play your game or sleep, each scan will take a little time so you get a chance to calm down this have been stressful."
He said as he took Kyle's ear stud when it was offered and out it in his breast pocket and then got a blanket and spread over the boy gently.
"Someone will be in here with you the entire time, and yes you did a good job kid."
He said. Kyle hesitated but he did seam to settle down a bit and he went back to his game though he was still rather pale and shook up he glanced over at you.
"Are you going to be okey Sir?"
He asked as Richard washed his hands again and indicated a chair for you.

Serge:

"I assume vampires can do those things as well....except only at nighttime after they've sated their ravenous thirst for blood. Actually I don't think they cat 'eat' but the other stuff they can do....I think. I doubt being undead stops you from listening to music or dancing. Granted they might get bored after the first couple of centuries." Serge said with a smile.

"Hum yes you are probably right Serge I was more replying to your comment that they could live forever that it is not the length of life that is important, but how you live, how well you live. I would rather have fun with my life and do the things I love and die young then live for centuries unhappy."

"I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they just want to be left alone for now. Their probably really suspicious of people they don't know, especially unknown mages considering what just happened to them." Serge said.

"I did not think about that, but yeah off course they would be. Very well then I am not going to bother them, Ryan probably would not like it anyway."
The young Cultist agreed but she seamed a little disappointed.

Serge tried to followed Adjan at a similar pace, trying to keep up with the athletically superior mage.

Adjan slowed down a little when he saw you where struggling but he said nothing as he did not want to embarrass you.

"Master Morgan told me that Ms. Olsen saw Larson when she was nearly kidnapped by her at the airport. I asked her for a description of Larson and drew it by hand." Serge said flipping to the drawing and showing it to Adjan.

The Euthanathos glanced at your drawing without stopping and slowing down.
"I heard about that incident yes...hum this is well drawn we can actually use this to recognize this woman in the Labyrinth though you should probably check with Miss Larson when there is time, the bloody Nephanda is her mother after all, she will be able to tell you if the drawing are missing any details."
He advices.

Tane:

Yeah, if no one's available, i'll have to take her there.

"We are starting to run out of room but I will make sure a spot is made available for Miss Clearwater with a matrass she can rest on for when you need to see to other tasks.

She will be guarded, i assure you.
I'll see when i need it what method is best for everyone.

Well then I am satisfied, good morning Mr Karyak."
Hildegard said and she gave you a curt nod of her head before she left.

Ok then, Let's dig in! He said, and started reading.

Cadence nodded and the two of you read for some time, she had to have help flipping the pages since her hands where bound and now and again she asked for a bit of water but she was a good aid in getting through some of the material, eventually she was beginning to look rather tired though, she needed her rest and you saw that it was nearing the time when you had agreed to meet with Raven to go meet with the local werewolves, also the lawyer George had called for might have arrived by now, and breakfast might also not be amiss.

(OOC: Yes it needs a bit of spanking at times. I was writing something to Serge here the other day and one of the NPCs cast him a glance and the auto correct wanted it to be cast him a cactus. So we are having a normal conversation and suddenly cactus to the face, because that is just how we roll around her. Also to be honest I pity the caterer more than Kyle, imagine driving along, minding your own business, delivering a buffet to a wedding or something and boom you are inside some kid's veins, that is not a good day on the job. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 am

"Unfortunately so many are busy with their own tasks it is hard to ask someone to take the time to babysit my apprentice. Hopefully the Chantry is safe now though." Hildegard said and frowned.

"I think we should find someone to watch her, or that she can stay with," he said, glancing away to keep an eye on the girl.

"I saw Miss Rizzo down here not long ago and I do not think she was busy at the moment and I think I saw Jason McLan somewhere as well, they might be free and able to help. That new guy Devon Miles might also be able to lend a hand." Arn replied then he shrugged. "Other than that I don't know."

"Thanks. Would it be alright if we asked if Miss Olsen to look out for the young one?" he suggested, looking to her mentor for her permission. He didn't know Ms Rizzo or Mr McLan well enough to know if they could fight, nor Mr Miles at all, but he kept them in mind in case they could help and he saw them.

// lol why is it always cactus...still, probably not the worst autocorrect-errors I've had or seen.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 am

"I think we should find someone to watch her, or that she can stay with," he said, glancing away to keep an eye on the girl.

"You are probably right Mr Roth Hicks...hum I might ask Miss Day to keep an eye of Jane."
The Chorister said as she pulled her phone out, put her glasses on and got ready to send the Hollower a message.

"Thanks. Would it be alright if we asked if Miss Olsen to look out for the young one?" he suggested, looking to her mentor for her permission. He didn't know Ms Rizzo or Mr McLan well enough to know if they could fight, nor Mr Miles at all, but he kept them in mind in case they could help and he saw them.

Hildegard stopped tapping at her phone and looked at you over her glasses and nodded.
"That is a good idea actually, let me go talk with her for a moment."
Hildagard said as she stood and put her phone and glasses away and then walked over to Rosa to ask her to babysit. Ryan was not there to ask about permission for the job but chances where he would not ind his apprentice looking after the six year old for a little while.

(OOC: I think the worst one I had was when a Quesitor managed to present the group Verditius with this message in the write up of a gaming sessions: "We have found your dead Mentor's scrotum, you are the sole heir. Off course I meant to write sanctum but ah the joys of autocorrect. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:40 am

Mona nodded and begun to ready the syringes of contrast fluid including two drops added to each.
"Very well Sir and you are sure there is nothing poisonous in this that could hurt you or your friends?"
She asked as she worked.
Colin nodded, "Well, not in this quantity, anyway. Might be less healthy to ingest by the pint."

Kyle accepted the water with shaking hands and took a sip, he looked down at his wrist as you removed the cuffs and then reached up to take the small steel skull stud out of his ear.
"I...don't know where to put it in the mean time."
He said. Richard held out a hand.
"I can put it in my pocket...now for now lay down and rest, play your game or sleep, each scan will take a little time so you get a chance to calm down this have been stressful."
He said as he took Kyle's ear stud when it was offered and out it in his breast pocket and then got a blanket and spread over the boy gently.
"Someone will be in here with you the entire time, and yes you did a good job kid."
He said. Kyle hesitated but he did seam to settle down a bit and he went back to his game though he was still rather pale and shook up he glanced over at you.
"Are you going to be okey Sir?"
He asked as Richard washed his hands again and indicated a chair for you.
He smiled wryly as he sat down and held out his arm to Richard, "I should be fine. I'm not a stranger to medical attention, though it has been a few years since I was in a hospital. Hum, come to think of it, it's been about twenty years since my last check-up to make sure my face was working as it should... I was never recalled for another check-up after that; after five years without trouble, they weren't worried anymore."

((OOC: Hey, now, the cactus to the face is unpleasant, but the old scrotum can at least be useful. Freakiest dicebag ever! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 am

Anja's Post:

'Do you think they had anything to do with that film?' Nicole said, following the orders to circle around the area, hopefully avoiding unwanted attention.

[Could have been worse... 'Your Mentor introduces you to his scrotum'. Isn't there rules about that kind of thing?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Well, not in this quantity, anyway. Might be less healthy to ingest by the pint."

Mona raised an eyebrow but she did not ask further as she continued to prepare the contrast fluid, she was used to working for mages.

He smiled wryly as he sat down and held out his arm to Richard, "I should be fine. I'm not a stranger to medical attention, though it has been a few years since I was in a hospital. Hum, come to think of it, it's been about twenty years since my last check-up to make sure my face was working as it should... I was never recalled for another check-up after that; after five years without trouble, they weren't worried anymore."

Richard explained your arm gently then got to work.
"There should be no problems here Colin."
He said as he fastened the tourniquet.
"Well your face did turn out perfect love."
Freddy chime in and she gave you a loving look. Kyle gave her the look teenagers often do when they witness adults showing affection for one another.
"Take a deep breath and look away."
Richard said and he waited until you did so and placed the IV with practiced ease. Ok it did hurt, but it was not to bad, the man knew what he was doing, unlike most doctors who left such routine tasks to nurses he was tending to all of Boston's mage society along with his Mentor whenever someone needed mundane healing so he had kept his skills sharp. The Akashic continued to flush out of the IV with saline solution and taping it down.
"Ok we are done...are you ok Colin?"
He asked as he discarded the needle into a bag along with all other material that had touched your blood, he had similar bags for Kyle and Freddy.
"If you are fine then I will be taking Freddy with me to get her scan done, and you can watch over Kyle until we returns."
He suggested.

Nicole:

Narim smiled a little at that.
"No not them, if the three guys we saw are New World Order or Syndicate they where probably not to happy when The Matrix was released however there is one Technocracy Convention who could be responsible, the Void Engineers, they do not take part in the Pogrom and only attack us when they are pressed into a corner and when the other Conventions do things to upset them they are known to do things like leak things to Hollywood, and this we have the Terminator movies and perhaps also the Matrix."
He commented.
"I am not to fond of Technocrats in general but the Void Engineers are less untolerable than the rest of the lot."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am

Mona raised an eyebrow but she did not ask further as she continued to prepare the contrast fluid, she was used to working for mages.
Colin grinned, "I'm sure you are well familiar with the old adage that the poison is in the dosage - I'm fairly certain even the whole vial here is insufficient to reach toxic levels, but all the same, we shouldn't be reckless."

Richard explained your arm gently then got to work.
"There should be no problems here Colin."
He said as he fastened the tourniquet.
"Well your face did turn out perfect love."
Freddy chime in and she gave you a loving look. Kyle gave her the look teenagers often do when they witness adults showing affection for one another.
"Take a deep breath and look away."
Richard said and he waited until you did so and placed the IV with practiced ease. Ok it did hurt, but it was not to bad, the man knew what he was doing, unlike most doctors who left such routine tasks to nurses he was tending to all of Boston's mage society along with his Mentor whenever someone needed mundane healing so he had kept his skills sharp. The Akashic continued to flush out of the IV with saline solution and taping it down.
"Ok we are done...are you ok Colin?"
He asked as he discarded the needle into a bag along with all other material that had touched your blood, he had similar bags for Kyle and Freddy.
"If you are fine then I will be taking Freddy with me to get her scan done, and you can watch over Kyle until we returns."
He suggested.
He grinned to Freddy, "Are you sure you're not biased, luv?"
He leaned back a little and closed his eyes as Richard worked, waiting until he gave the all clear, "I'm quite fine, yes. It is, of course, a little uncomfortable, but not enough so I'd really notice."
He looked over to Kyle, reaching for a water bottle of his own, "You alright, then, son?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 am

Anja's Post:

'But it did make a ton of cash, which is what the Syndicate is all about.' Nicole countered. 'And it does help by a kind of mind-trap - like circulating conspiracy theories. Get the Mundies wondering about shit like JFK, chem-trails and the like, and they don't notice the real stuff in front of their noses.'

'Any update on our girl?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I'm sure you are well familiar with the old adage that the poison is in the dosage - I'm fairly certain even the whole vial here is insufficient to reach toxic levels, but all the same, we shouldn't be reckless."

"I see Sir, well I will trust your word that this stuff is not dangerous especially since some of it are going into your own veins."
Mona said as she finished up and handed you back the vial with Crexia's blood.

He grinned to Freddy, "Are you sure you're not biased, luv?"

Freddy smiled innocently.
"Perhaps I am but you are so cute I could just eat you all up."
She said and from the look in her eyes she meant it. Kyle gave her another of the looks he probably sent his parents when they showed affection in front of him, something that made Richard chuckle a little.

He leaned back a little and closed his eyes as Richard worked, waiting until he gave the all clear, "I'm quite fine, yes. It is, of course, a little uncomfortable, but not enough so I'd really notice."

"Good I would not want to cause more discomfort than necessary. If you just wait here then I will handle Freddy's scan and then come for either you or the boy, we can go to the control room and examine the scans when I have all three sets."
The Akashic said and gave you a pat on the shoulder and indicated that Freddy should follow him.

He looked over to Kyle, reaching for a water bottle of his own, "You alright, then, son?"

Kyle nodded, though he still looked rather sullen and tired he had recovered a bit.
"Yeah...I think so Sir, my foot still hurts though."
He muttered as he tapped at the game and it gave cheerful sounds in response.

Nicole:

"The Syndicate might very well have bought stock and cashed in once the movie was out, once the damage was done they might as well profit from it, however the Syndricate would not want something that skirt the truth so closely out there that would not benefit them at all."
Narim said and shook his head.
"It could be a misdirection tactic but I doubt it, that movie have lead so many young Virtual Adepts to Awakening and others to questioning the world around them, it would seam odd for the Union to risk that just to play a game of misdirection with the sleepers."
He mushed then he looked down at his phone.
"She is heading West though she is getting somewhat hard to track, the girl is good, I wonder if she practice technomagick."
He said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm

"I see Sir, well I will trust your word that this stuff is not dangerous especially since some of it are going into your own veins."
Mona said as she finished up and handed you back the vial with Crexia's blood.
Colin nodded, "There's a chance of some miniscule side effects - Static magic becoming a little easier, that sort of thing, but that should essentially be it."

Freddy smiled innocently.
"Perhaps I am but you are so cute I could just eat you all up."
She said and from the look in her eyes she meant it. Kyle gave her another of the looks he probably sent his parents when they showed affection in front of him, something that made Richard chuckle a little.
He grinned, then frowned a little, "We've got to discuss that bit later, luv..."

"Good I would not want to cause more discomfort than necessary. If you just wait here then I will handle Freddy's scan and then come for either you or the boy, we can go to the control room and examine the scans when I have all three sets."
The Akashic said and gave you a pat on the shoulder and indicated that Freddy should follow him.
He nodded, "Sounds like a plan."

Kyle nodded, though he still looked rather sullen and tired he had recovered a bit.
"Yeah...I think so Sir, my foot still hurts though."
He muttered as he tapped at the game and it gave cheerful sounds in response.
He smiled thinly, "It would, I suppose. It will be uncomfortable for a little while, but... the pain should recede soon."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Colin nodded, "There's a chance of some miniscule side effects - Static magic becoming a little easier, that sort of thing, but that should essentially be it."

"Hum...I see well that do not sound like it would harm any of you Sir."
Mona said and nodded.

He grinned, then frowned a little, "We've got to discuss that bit later, luv..."

"We can discuss it in our sofa fortress when all this business with the Nephandi are over and done with."
Freddy said and she came over to you and gave you a peck on the cheek.
"Then we will discuss it at length love."
She said before she went with Richard for her scan. Kyle rolled his eyes at what the old folks where up to.

He smiled thinly, "It would, I suppose. It will be uncomfortable for a little while, but... the pain should recede soon."

The boy nodded and he gave you a tired smile.
"I hope so Sir."
He muttered as he glanced back down at his game.
"I guess it is not that bad now but it feels swollen and sore..."
He said as he looked down at his game again.
"You really like her don't you Sir, Miss Adleboom I mean?"
He asked and smiled a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:37 pm

"Hum...I see well that do not sound like it would harm any of you Sir."
Mona said and nodded.
Colin smiled wryly, "I have my assurances from an excellent physician, who informed me of this in a now-cancelled timeline five years in a future which should no longer happen... It gets a little confusing."

"We can discuss it in our sofa fortress when all this business with the Nephandi are over and done with."
Freddy said and she came over to you and gave you a peck on the cheek.
"Then we will discuss it at length love."
She said before she went with Richard for her scan. Kyle rolled his eyes at what the old folks where up to.
He chuckled softly, and kissed Freddy's cheek in return, "Oh, yes."

The boy nodded and he gave you a tired smile.
"I hope so Sir."
He muttered as he glanced back down at his game.
"I guess it is not that bad now but it feels swollen and sore..."
He said as he looked down at his game again.
"You really like her don't you Sir, Miss Adleboom I mean?"
He asked and smiled a little.
He grinned, a little sheepishly, "Very much so... and I've seen some very good years to come."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm

"Hum yes you are probably right Serge I was more replying to your comment that they could live forever that it is not the length of life that is important, but how you live, how well you live. I would rather have fun with my life and do the things I love and die young then live for centuries unhappy."

Serge smiled, "Yeah that makes sense. I always hated the dullness of the world before I awakened. I suppose living forever would just return me back to the dullness that I hated so much. But their's never really an end to the fun when you've got magick on your side."

With Adjan:

The Euthanathos glanced at your drawing without stopping and slowing down.
"I heard about that incident yes...hum this is well drawn we can actually use this to recognize this woman in the Labyrinth though you should probably check with Miss Larson when there is time, the bloody Nephanda is her mother after all, she will be able to tell you if the drawing are missing any details."
He advices.

"That's a good idea. I was gonna ask Kyle to check it but I suppose the big bosses daughter works as well." Serge said nodding as he followed the death Euthanatos.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "I have my assurances from an excellent physician, who informed me of this in a now-cancelled timeline five years in a future which should no longer happen... It gets a little confusing."

Mona raised an eyebrow at that.
"That is was what Sir?"
She asked.
"You spoke with someone from a now canceled future?"
The true believer seamed rather confused.

He chuckled softly, and kissed Freddy's cheek in return, "Oh, yes."

Freddy gave you another loving look before she left for her scan her eyes lingering on you for just a moment and she smiled softly.

He grinned, a little sheepishly, "Very much so... and I've seen some very good years to come."

"That is good Sir even if your affection is a little embarrassing I mean you are both ol...ehm I mean adults."
The boy said and raised and eyebrow.
"I wish you two the best though."
He commented as he continued playing the game Freddy had downloaded for him.

A little time went by. Mona stayed with you and Kyle and she went to check on the boy now and again. After about twenty minutes Freddy and Richard came back. Freddy was scratching at her hand, you saw that her IV had been removed and the small wound healed leaving only fresh, pink, itchy skin behind. Richard looked quite concerned though as he came in with Freddy though he said nothing for now.
"Ehm...who is next?"
He asked as Freddy smiled to you though she to looked worried and then she wen to check on Kyle.

Serge:

Serge smiled, "Yeah that makes sense. I always hated the dullness of the world before I awakened. I suppose living forever would just return me back to the dullness that I hated so much. But their's never really an end to the fun when you've got magick on your side."

"So I am beginning to understand."
Rosa said and smiled.
"Well living forever would be great if one can have fun and live with passion and pleasure, I would not mind that at all, but I would want to be alive doing so."
The young Cultist said.

"That's a good idea. I was gonna ask Kyle to check it but I suppose the big bosses daughter works as well." Serge said nodding as he followed the death Euthanatos.

"Chances are she will know her mother's face the best."
Adjan said as he got back to the Chief's office but there was no one to answer the door when he knocked.
"I suppose we wait here for a bit then Mr Yager...do you know what all of this is about?"
He finally asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Mona raised an eyebrow at that.
"That is was what Sir?"
She asked.
"You spoke with someone from a now canceled future?"
The true believer seamed rather confused.
He grinned wryly, "It gets better. Future me hauled me across some five years, so I was actually present for the conversation - to ensure that future can't happen after all. I don't know who, how or when the Paradox will hit, but it's going to be pretty spectacular..."

"That is good Sir even if your affection is a little embarrassing I mean you are both ol...ehm I mean adults."
The boy said and raised and eyebrow.
"I wish you two the best though."
He commented as he continued playing the game Freddy had downloaded for him.
He nodded, smiling, "Thank you. Likewise for you and Danielle. Though, we might be able to keep that a little quiet for a few years yet; you suggested that while your mother might understand, neither your father nor Chief Morgan will be quite as enthusiastic..."

A little time went by. Mona stayed with you and Kyle and she went to check on the boy now and again. After about twenty minutes Freddy and Richard came back. Freddy was scratching at her hand, you saw that her IV had been removed and the small wound healed leaving only fresh, pink, itchy skin behind. Richard looked quite concerned though as he came in with Freddy though he said nothing for now.
"Ehm...who is next?"
He asked as Freddy smiled to you though she to looked worried and then she wen to check on Kyle.
He nodded and rose, "That would be me. Luv, if you'll keep an eye on Kyle while I get my picture taken?"
He picked up the vial of lich blood and put it back in the pen case, slipping it into his pocket, "And this goes with me into the room - can't leave it out here. Then we'll wheelchair Kyle to the MRI afterwards?"

Following Richard out of the room, once the door closed behind them, he leaned close, "There's some buildup, isn't there? Enough to make you worried... and it would be very difficult to remove without further harm, too?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

He grinned wryly, "It gets better. Future me hauled me across some five years, so I was actually present for the conversation - to ensure that future can't happen after all. I don't know who, how or when the Paradox will hit, but it's going to be pretty spectacular..."

"Well I am not going to pretend I am not confused by what you are saying Sir but I have been working for mages for several years now so I have learned to take insanity in stride, if you will excuse me saying so."
Mona said and raised and eyebrow.

He nodded, smiling, "Thank you. Likewise for you and Danielle. Though, we might be able to keep that a little quiet for a few years yet; you suggested that while your mother might understand, neither your father nor Chief Morgan will be quite as enthusiastic..."

"My Mom will be ok with it, she is pretty nice that way but my Dad no he will not be happy. For Chief Morgan I do not really know him well enough to say but he seams like he can be stern at times so...not telling him that I like Danielle...is probably a good idea."
Kyle said and he blushed again he always did when talking about the ghost girl.

He nodded and rose, "That would be me. Luv, if you'll keep an eye on Kyle while I get my picture taken?"

"I am sure I can keep him company, he was not done telling me how the game he is playing works."
Freddy said and she walked over to Kyle and sat down next to him she was smiling but you could see that she was concerned.

He picked up the vial of lich blood and put it back in the pen case, slipping it into his pocket, "And this goes with me into the room - can't leave it out here. Then we'll wheelchair Kyle to the MRI afterwards?"

"An MRI will give better pictures so yes I was thinking that would be a good idea and as long as he is not worried about the machine itself and being inside of it he should be fine, the best result we will get if I give him a sedative and restrain his head while the scan is done, but he might be to nervous to allow that now. In either case the MRI should give decent images...and yes standing on his foot right now will cause some discomfort so we might as well put him in a wheelchair, make sure he do not experience more discomfort than need be."
Richard said and nodded.

Following Richard out of the room, once the door closed behind them, he leaned close, "There's some buildup, isn't there? Enough to make you worried... and it would be very difficult to remove without further harm, too?"

"There are some buildup yes and it is...pressing on a vein near one of her scars...I can't believe I never saw it before but without whatever you put in the contrast the residue is completely invisible."
The Akashic said and he frowned,
"If that build up pierce that vein...well you know enough about anatomy to know what would happen I will put Master Nassa on alert but as this is Primium we are talking about, he might not be able to save her in time."
The doctor muttered as he lead you down the hallway.
"And removing it without at least some brain damage...is not going to be easy. I have not told Freddy this yet but I guess she did read my expression..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next