Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 15 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Nicole:

'Haven't we all?' Nicole replied, watching the goings-on in the crowd. 'Sat in their schools, having the programming ladled down our throats to make us happy little drones? Clapped like performing seals at what they've put on for us to keep us docile? Recited the crap mantras they've put in our heads, obligingly turning on each other out of frustration rather than looking at the true culprits hiding behind the curtain?' the venom clear.

"True that the problem I think is that the Union put safety over liberty, they try to make a safe world for the sleepers but they forget that without having freedom that safety do not matter much."
Devon grumbled.
"However beyond their mind control we tend to run into them a bit more directly when we Awaken and with directly I mean dodging bullets and trying to take them down before they kill you."

'Worst thing is - their world is nothing to shout about.'

"Well we have antibiotics, modern hospitals and computers so there is that and I guess the regular sleepers are safer than they where before the Technocracy formed but those conveniences have come at a heavy price."

'True, there's no choice with the Fallen. Not like we can run, is it?'

"Not really, not if we want to live in the world."
Devon said. You see that things have calmed down and several of the gathered magi where now dispersing and leaving for their rooms. You saw Adley and Adjan head for the basement.

Colin:

Colin smiled warmly, "Ire debeo, sed donec iterum conveniant."
He patted her on the head and led Serge off.

"Cursum vale."
Liv said and curtsy as you left.

He grinned, scritching Jareth lightly at the side of the beak, "Much like this fellow, I guess... He's a sneaky little charmer."

Jareth closed his eyes and enjoyed the petting.
"Ah yes he is a little charmer, he is one of Mr Acherman's ehm...kin is he not?"
Jeffry asked and smiled.

He shook his head, "Sorry, me neither; I was idly speculating."

Rosa just smiled at that.

He nodded, holding her close for just another moment, "Do me a favour, though - don't be too cross with her. The supplies she delivered will prove important, and... she'll have come so far by then. By every metric."

"I will try to remember to let her off easy then."
Freddy said and for one moment she rested her head against your shoulder.
"Have you met her yet this kid that will become your apprentice in the future love?"

He nodded, "You said... what you had to; The transcript has your responses written down a little more vaguely, to ensure you answer in your own words instead of reading your responses from a script, but... you told me about a mighty artifact I have that will help a number of Fallen Avatars find their way home, to become once more as they should be..."

"That is probably wise it would not be good to know to much about my own future I think. A mighty artifact where have you gotten your hands on that? Or do you have it yet?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.
"That indeed sounds powerful, so this thing can help Bee then?"

He pondered for a moment, then took Freddy's hand and moved the bowl of sand under it, "Luv, I'd like you to touch the sand and tell me what you think... it's right under your hand here, just reach down carefully..."

Freddy carefully reached down then her eyes widened and she smiled.
"I only feel very fine sand...however I just thought about going on camping trips with my parents and my brothers as a kid. My mother is a pediatrician and my father handle the computer systems in a bank so they earn good money but they are also old hippies so they did not like the idea of buying plane tickets for going on vacation so we always went camping in the woods and we would sit around the camp fire roasting marshmallows and telling stories in the evenings, those are...good memories."
She said with a bit of a dreamy voice.

Serge:

"I miss finger-painting." Serge said with a sigh. "But yeah I can look into that. Perhaps in a calmer less apocalyptic time."

"Yeah right now we have to focus on taking out the Nephandi and stopping their plans from coming to pass."
Henrietta said and frowned.

"Control the primal pure energies of reality. That sounds so metal." Serge said with a laugh. "What happens when you mix that with your other skills?"

"You sort of have to study Prime if you want to be able to do much of other things as it strengthens other magick, you can say it is a from of meta magick."
Cadence said and smiled.

As he talked Serge looked around wanting to see the state of the Cafeteria once again. More importantly he was looking for Master Morgan, to see if he was free. Serge wanted to inform him about what Cadence told him about the oil-men.

Several of the magi gathered in the room where leaving now, the danger where over for now. Jeffry did seam to be free for the moment and right now he was just looking over who where there to make sure everyone where accounted for.

"Well here you go. I tried my best. Tell me what you think." Serge said finishing up the picture of Martha and showing it to her. Without any other information as to what she could like this was the best he could do.

Still a picture of a person is connected to that person. The contents of the picture had an uncanny effect on who they were depicting. A drawing of a sad person can darken that person's mood in real life. And a picture of Martha smiling had a chance to make brighten Martha's mood in real life.

"It's kinda basic. If their's any other additions that you want just let me know." Serge informed.

Martha half turned and looked at the picture she slightly smile then she sigh.
"You are a talented artist child."
She muttered softly.
"It is nice of you do draw the picture for me."
She said as she sat up slowly.
"I...ehm...Mr Wainwright said you could affect emotions can you...make me feel something? Anything?"
The woman asked at lest now she seamed a little better, enough to talk a bit at least.

(OOC: I went out playing MtG today. No one likes my white control deck. Razz)

(OOC 2: It is not to late I have taken note of the roll.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 15 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 pm

"Cursum vale."
Liv said and curtsy as you left.
Colin bowed lightly in return.

Jareth closed his eyes and enjoyed the petting.
"Ah yes he is a little charmer, he is one of Mr Acherman's ehm...kin is he not?"
Jeffry asked and smiled.
He nodded, "He has his father's intelligence, I think... which under other circumstances might be considered worrying. Hum, he showed up as a green flicker on the map we received, as did miss Larson's snails - we know her snails excrete Quintessence-laden mucus, but i don't think I should pluck Jareth on the off chance it would provide Tass; the reasons why the two showed up as such is probably different..."

"I will try to remember to let her off easy then."
Freddy said and for one moment she rested her head against your shoulder.
"Have you met her yet this kid that will become your apprentice in the future love?"
He nodded, "She already is my apprentice, actually - well, she has accepted, but I need to fill in the paperwork, I guess... The Deacon Council has accepted her, as well. She's currently resting up in Chicago, until we sort out Larson's Labyrinth..."

"That is probably wise it would not be good to know to much about my own future I think. A mighty artifact where have you gotten your hands on that? Or do you have it yet?"
"That indeed sounds powerful, so this thing can help Bee then?"
He chuckled softly, "I have it, actually - it's a pine cone Beatrice left me in her previous incarnation, by dropping it off on the deck of an Umbral ship that accidentally wound up in the Caul dimension and... it's pretty complicated, but I can scry through time now. Among other thresholds I've crossed this weekend... Oh, and I have a spirit friend in the basement; I'll introduce you when your eyesight is better. And yes, it can help Beatrice once she recovers a little..."

Freddy carefully reached down then her eyes widened and she smiled.
"I only feel very fine sand...however I just thought about going on camping trips with my parents and my brothers as a kid. My mother is a pediatrician and my father handle the computer systems in a bank so they earn good money but they are also old hippies so they did not like the idea of buying plane tickets for going on vacation so we always went camping in the woods and we would sit around the camp fire roasting marshmallows and telling stories in the evenings, those are...good memories."
She said with a bit of a dreamy voice.
He nodded, "That pretty much confirms the hypothesis; it's essentially ephemeral sand - cast off from a glass Avatar righting itself after being wrung by a Caul. It seems to evoke strong, fond memories of happy, better days - not something the Fallen would appreciate, I think. As for what i feel... summer days in Kent, lying on the grassy hillside and smelling the breeze from the sea. Good, simpler times..."

(OOC: Nobody likes to face white, blue or blue-white control decks. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm

He nodded, "He has his father's intelligence, I think... which under other circumstances might be considered worrying. Hum, he showed up as a green flicker on the map we received, as did miss Larson's snails - we know her snails excrete Quintessence-laden mucus, but i don't think I should pluck Jareth on the off chance it would provide Tass; the reasons why the two showed up as such is probably different..."

"I do not know the details of Miss Adlebloom's effect but if I where to guess both Jareth here and Miss Larson's pet snails have magickal qualities in one way or another so the map might have shown that, but not then shown more mundane pets. I assume Mundi showed up as a spirit?"
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "She already is my apprentice, actually - well, she has accepted, but I need to fill in the paperwork, I guess... The Deacon Council has accepted her, as well. She's currently resting up in Chicago, until we sort out Larson's Labyrinth..."

"I see, I take it that is is the little Fallen girl that was in the infirmary with me then, that you ha promised to hold a hand over?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Hum...a risky person to take on...your early advancement to Adept went through then?"

He chuckled softly, "I have it, actually - it's a pine cone Beatrice left me in her previous incarnation, by dropping it off on the deck of an Umbral ship that accidentally wound up in the Caul dimension and... it's pretty complicated, but I can scry through time now.

"What where you doing in an Umbral ship that have been to a Caul dimension? How do you know it is Bee's former incarnation that left it there and how did that happen...and you see through time now...okey then things are never boring with you now is it love?"
Freddy asked and gave you a bit of a look.

Among other thresholds I've crossed this weekend... Oh, and I have a spirit friend in the basement; I'll introduce you when your eyesight is better. And yes, it can help Beatrice once she recovers a little..."

"Congratulations that makes you Initiate of Time as well do it not love?"
The Virtual Adept said and smiled a little.
"Hum...a spirit friend, I will look forwards to it and if something can help Bee that is nice, how is she by the way? I have not really seen her since...well you know."
Freddy said and shuddered.
"Poor thing I can not even imagine what she is going through."

He nodded, "That pretty much confirms the hypothesis; it's essentially ephemeral sand - cast off from a glass Avatar righting itself after being wrung by a Caul. It seems to evoke strong, fond memories of happy, better days - not something the Fallen would appreciate, I think. As for what i feel... summer days in Kent, lying on the grassy hillside and smelling the breeze from the sea. Good, simpler times..."

"Simpler times to be sure where happiness was a family trip in the woods or grilling self caught fish for dinner by the camp fire."
Freddy said and smiled a little then her eyes widened.
"Wait...what...that said comes from an Avatar? And actual Avatar damn...it seams your last few hours have been rather interesting love, while mine have consisted of sleeping, babysitting baby mages and oh I see a bit of color now."
She said wryly.
"And there was a few cookies and some coffee somewhere in there as well."

(OOC: I think my opponent actually wanted to do something other than sitting there and waiting for Karma to finish him of. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Anja's Post:

'Those who give up liberty to obtain safety deserve neither.' Nicole replied in an offhand manner, misquoting Franklin as she started to clean her fingernails with the Leatherman's blade.

Anja's Post:

'I didn't have that problem, me. Plus side of being such a screw-up that they didn't notice.'

Anja's Post:

'Ah, but was it them who did them? Give 'em long enough, they'll start claiming to be the inventors of the alphabet and fire.' she said with a raised eyebrow, wiping the blade on her trousers.

'But - they are incompetent. The whole world is an example of it.' It was clear from her tone that Nicole considered this to be one of the Union's most serious "crimes".

Anja's Post:

[Unless there's a good OOC reason for keeping Nicole out of the Adley - Adjan part, she'll follow them curiously.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm

"Yeah right now we have to focus on taking out the Nephandi and stopping their plans from coming to pass."
Henrietta said and frowned.

"Yeah. I should probably go and see if their's anything I can do to help out." Serge said with a nod.

"You sort of have to study Prime if you want to be able to do much of other things as it strengthens other magick, you can say it is a from of meta magick."
Cadence said and smiled.
Several of the magi gathered in the room where leaving now, the danger where over for now. Jeffry did seam to be free for the moment and right now he was just looking over who where there to make sure everyone where accounted for.

"Looks like everyone's leaving now. I'm guessing everything is OK within the chantry." Serge said looking around the room.

"I should probably head off myself. My uncle is probably wondering where I am. Not only that their might be some more jobs that Master Morgan wants me to do. It's been nice talking to you Cadence and you too Mrs. Danielson. Hope we can talk again sometime soon." Serge said with a smile as he looked at the two choristers.

Martha half turned and looked at the picture she slightly smile then she sigh.
"You are a talented artist child."
She muttered softly.
"It is nice of you do draw the picture for me."
She said as she sat up slowly.
"I...ehm...Mr Wainwright said you could affect emotions can you...make me feel something? Anything?"
The woman asked at lest now she seamed a little better, enough to talk a bit at least.

"I made you smile didn't I." Serge said with a smile.

"And what Mr.Wainwright said is true. I can make you feel emotions. Pleasant and nice ones. Of course you would have to help me. If you keep pulling yourself back and hiding yourself from everyone than it'll be harder for me to help you. Try describing to me something that made you happy. It can be something small. Talking about something you enjoyed may bring back those pleasant feelings." Serge suggested as he prepared to modify the picture a little based on what she said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 pm

"I do not know the details of Miss Adlebloom's effect but if I where to guess both Jareth here and Miss Larson's pet snails have magickal qualities in one way or another so the map might have shown that, but not then shown more mundane pets. I assume Mundi showed up as a spirit?"
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "I believe that was the case - Adley was the one who took a closer look at that, but it doesn't seem any other animals showed up."

"I see, I take it that is is the little Fallen girl that was in the infirmary with me then, that you ha promised to hold a hand over?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Hum...a risky person to take on...your early advancement to Adept went through then?"
He nodded, "The advancement, and the Deacon Council's vote on whether or not to permit her to stay here... There are some minor details to work out, but those... I'm working on them. And... there's a reason why our paths crossed, too; the two of us were close - Cabal close - in my previous life."

"What where you doing in an Umbral ship that have been to a Caul dimension? How do you know it is Bee's former incarnation that left it there and how did that happen...and you see through time now...okey then things are never boring with you now is it love?"
Freddy asked and gave you a bit of a look.
He grinned, "I was retrieving some 44 drams of highly corrupted Quintessence, for use as essentially ammunition in Abigail's Labyrinth. No, I was never in danger of contamination, but the stuff ate impressively quickly through the Aegis on the place. Those poor wards were never designed to protect against such a ridiculous amount of raw power."

"Congratulations that makes you Initiate of Time as well do it not love?"
The Virtual Adept said and smiled a little.
"Hum...a spirit friend, I will look forwards to it and if something can help Bee that is nice, how is she by the way? I have not really seen her since...well you know."
Freddy said and shuddered.
"Poor thing I can not even imagine what she is going through."
He nodded, "Adept on paper, Initiate in practice... which by the Sphere system brings me up to three practical Initiate ranks and four Apprentice ranks, I believe... I can see spirits now, and they're everywhere."
He frowned, "I've... not seen Beatrice since... I was at the post office. I'm concerned I might spook her - for good reason. But I'll have to see her soon, for those shards of hers."
He gently kissed Freddy on the forehead and said in a soft voice, "I know all too well what she is going through - and would that I could undo it all..."

"Simpler times to be sure where happiness was a family trip in the woods or grilling self caught fish for dinner by the camp fire."
Freddy said and smiled a little then her eyes widened.
"Wait...what...that said comes from an Avatar? And actual Avatar damn...it seams your last few hours have been rather interesting love, while mine have consisted of sleeping, babysitting baby mages and oh I see a bit of color now."
She said wryly.
"And there was a few cookies and some coffee somewhere in there as well."
He chuckled darkly, "My last few hours have lasted days, it seems... Tucked a 24-hour period into some twelve or so minutes - a bit disconcerting, but there was paperwork and planning needing doing, as well as... testing the Serum on myself. The stuff hurts, and I have some disturbing information about it that shouldn't be aired here. Suffice to say, it might see severely limited use onward... Coffee and cookies are good, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Nicole:

'Those who give up liberty to obtain safety deserve neither.' Nicole replied in an offhand manner, misquoting Franklin as she started to clean her fingernails with the Leatherman's blade.

"True enough then again to play devil's advocate such a statement is easier to make when one have some measure of power than for the defenseless."
Devon commented.

'I didn't have that problem, me. Plus side of being such a screw-up that they didn't notice.'

"I am sure you are not a screw up, it is more likely you are lucky, a screw up with enlightened science would be the first person they would go after."
The other Etherite commented dryly.

'Ah, but was it them who did them? Give 'em long enough, they'll start claiming to be the inventors of the alphabet and fire.' she said with a raised eyebrow, wiping the blade on her trousers.

"Modern hospitals I don't know but most of modern medicine and computers it was the groups that eventually became the Technocracy that invented actually, the Solificati did allot for Chemistry though then again they where once a member of the Order of Reason the way I understand it so that might not count."
Devon muttered and shrugged.

'But - they are incompetent. The whole world is an example of it.' It was clear from her tone that Nicole considered this to be one of the Union's most serious "crimes".

"Yes on that I agree Nicole they are incompetent, they are however also most dangerous."
He said and his head bobbed up and down in agreement.

[Unless there's a good OOC reason for keeping Nicole out of the Adley - Adjan part, she'll follow them curiously.]

You follow Adjan and Adley down the stairs and see the same as them, Darrian happily reuniting with his dog, Helga keeping watch over the rooms containing prisoners. Ty cleaning up in the storeroom where the two vampires was being kept, the black haired woman who seamed to have some knowledge of their kind standing there talking with Adley and the two bloodsuckers themselves now sleeping on mattresses on the floor looking more like corpses than anything else.

Serge:

"Yeah. I should probably go and see if their's anything I can do to help out." Serge said with a nod.

"So should I probably."
Henrietta said.
"For now things have calmed down it seams though but eventually we are going to have to invade the Labyrinth these Nephandi come from and I plan on being in on that fight."

"Looks like everyone's leaving now. I'm guessing everything is OK within the chantry." Serge said looking around the room.

"I guess I will be returned to Mr Karyak's room soon then or to a cell."
Cadence said and looked around. Mrs Danielson patted her on the knee.
"At least we can try to avoid a cell for now my dear."
The older Chorister said softly she was clearly concerned for her student.

"I should probably head off myself. My uncle is probably wondering where I am. Not only that their might be some more jobs that Master Morgan wants me to do. It's been nice talking to you Cadence and you too Mrs. Danielson. Hope we can talk again sometime soon." Serge said with a smile as he looked at the two choristers.

"Yeah sure...it was nice talking with you Serge, take care of yourself and stay safe."
Cadence said and her Mentor nodded.
"Off course young man, you are diligent that is good you make your Mentor proud, be careful."
She said. Cadence added.
"I would like to talk again sure...if there is a chance to do so before I...am sent to Horizon."
She muttered with fear in her eyes.

"I made you smile didn't I." Serge said with a smile.

"I guess you did at that kid."
Martha muttered softly and looked at you for a moment.

"And what Mr.Wainwright said is true. I can make you feel emotions. Pleasant and nice ones. Of course you would have to help me. If you keep pulling yourself back and hiding yourself from everyone than it'll be harder for me to help you. Try describing to me something that made you happy. It can be something small. Talking about something you enjoyed may bring back those pleasant feelings." Serge suggested as he prepared to modify the picture a little based on what she said.

"I doubt that will help much kid...I broke my finger earlier that was one flash of pain that was enough to feel it for a moment I guess, that was nice enough, there is not much there anymore though...I could tell you about what I used to like but...they will not have the same meaning now. I just do not want to feel so empty."
She said bitterly and wrapped her arms around her knees and looked away.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I believe that was the case - Adley was the one who took a closer look at that, but it doesn't seem any other animals showed up."

"Jareth and the snail's magickal nature do seam like a logical explanation then. Just to be sure though make sure to be careful with any information gained from or given out though our phones at the moment, apparently there are some towers that are important for how they function and Master Sharaya have discovered that these towers are infested with a Umbrood so stay alert."
Jeffry warned you.

He nodded, "The advancement, and the Deacon Council's vote on whether or not to permit her to stay here... There are some minor details to work out, but those... I'm working on them. And... there's a reason why our paths crossed, too; the two of us were close - Cabal close - in my previous life."

"Your past life and...that girl?"
Freddy said and she looked rather shocked.
"I would like to know more but in private not here."
She said and glanced around at the crowd in the cafeteria.

He grinned, "I was retrieving some 44 drams of highly corrupted Quintessence, for use as essentially ammunition in Abigail's Labyrinth. No, I was never in danger of contamination, but the stuff ate impressively quickly through the Aegis on the place. Those poor wards were never designed to protect against such a ridiculous amount of raw power."

"You used that new rote of yours to handle that Tass did you not Colin? Now that is a nifty one."
Freddy said approvingly then she gave you a mock stern look.
"But you are going to be careful when handling the stuff non the less or I will wag my finger at you very, vary hard."
She threatened and then gave you a grin.
"And stay out of the Event Horizon!"

He nodded, "Adept on paper, Initiate in practice... which by the Sphere system brings me up to three practical Initiate ranks and four Apprentice ranks, I believe... I can see spirits now, and they're everywhere."

"That is still quite impressive even without the on paper Adept rank, you can do some practical magick with that love, and as for spirits, you are right they are everywhere but I only see them with an app on my phone."

He frowned, "I've... not seen Beatrice since... I was at the post office. I'm concerned I might spook her - for good reason. But I'll have to see her soon, for those shards of hers."

"I understand you told me the peculiarities of your Avatar love and I understand not wanting to spook Bee she have been through enough but I don't think you will, I think she will realize that you would never harm her."
Freddy said and she put her hand gently against your cheek.

He gently kissed Freddy on the forehead and said in a soft voice, "I know all too well what she is going through - and would that I could undo it all..."

"Do you have memories of...no not here it should not be discussed here."
Freddy said and she looked at you, well tried to her eyes where still a bit unfocused and her gaze floaty, she just remained there for a while holding a hand against your cheek nothing really having words to express what she was thinking.

He chuckled darkly, "My last few hours have lasted days, it seems... Tucked a 24-hour period into some twelve or so minutes - a bit disconcerting, but there was paperwork and planning needing doing, as well as... testing the Serum on myself. The stuff hurts,

"No shit the stuff hurts it burns like hell!"
Freddy grumbled.
"The Union had me on it when they kept me prisoner, I still have some marks but I covered them up with a few tattoos, so yeah I bet that testing was fun, as for the rest time bubbles for the win it sounds."

and I have some disturbing information about it that shouldn't be aired here. Suffice to say, it might see severely limited use onward... Coffee and cookies are good, though..."

"Disturbing information? I see well that do not sound good."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"We will talk about it later then if it should not be talked about here...but yeah cookies and coffee was nice."
She said and offered you a big smile.
"I wish I could say I saved you some but I ate them all."
She added and smiled innocently.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm

"So should I probably."
Henrietta said.
"For now things have calmed down it seams though but eventually we are going to have to invade the Labyrinth these Nephandi come from and I plan on being in on that fight."

"Can't say the same for me. I've got no combat abilities so stepping into a labyrinth would probably be suicide for me. Although it would be interesting to see what they look like. I've always wanted to know if they were as horrifying as people say." Serge said.

"I guess I will be returned to Mr Karyak's room soon then or to a cell."
Cadence said and looked around. Mrs Danielson patted her on the knee.
"At least we can try to avoid a cell for now my dear."
The older Chorister said softly she was clearly concerned for her student.
"Yeah sure...it was nice talking with you Serge, take care of yourself and stay safe."
Cadence said and her Mentor nodded.
"Off course young man, you are diligent that is good you make your Mentor proud, be careful."
She said. Cadence added.
"I would like to talk again sure...if there is a chance to do so before I...am sent to Horizon."
She muttered with fear in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll talk again soon." Serge said with a friendly smile trying to reassure Cadence that everything would be fine.

With a wave of farewell Serge got up and began to headed towards Master Morgan to tell him what little he had found out while talking to Cadence.

"I doubt that will help much kid...I broke my finger earlier that was one flash of pain that was enough to feel it for a moment I guess, that was nice enough, there is not much there anymore though...I could tell you about what I used to like but...they will not have the same meaning now. I just do not want to feel so empty."
She said bitterly and wrapped her arms around her knees and looked away.

"If you feel that strongly about it than I won't force you to do anything that you don't want to do." Serge said as he began modifying the drawing even further. Adding a background and classic symbols of happiness, such as a sun and flowers.

"Then how about instead of you, I'll talk about something. They say laughter is infectious, maybe the same can be said for emotions. Let's see...I've always wanted to be a dashing knight, adored by crowds of fans, saving the princess, and stuff like that. To be confident and full of energy. Smiling in the face of danger. To always be upbeat. Like in the storybooks and television shows. Also, I've always wanted to...." Serge said as he began to talk non-stop about random juvenile daydreams and fantasies.

It wasn't random chatter however, Serge was using his words to influence Martha's mind, using the connection he had established with his picture to alter her mood even further. As he modified the picture with symbols and runes he let his emotions flow through his mind into the picture and into Martha.

(OOC: Attempting a stronger Mind 3 effect to make Martha feel stronger positive emotions a lessen the emptiness she feel deep within her mind.
Arete Roll (Difficulty lowered by picture): 6, 7, 3)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 pm

"You have it correctly mea filius. When the sun sets, grated that our Nose Cleansers agree to having them around they can be moved to the villa and there be allowed to walk around freely but for Mr Lenoe I am not able to guarantee much safety for him there so I recommend that he stay here, it might be uncomfortable but at least here at the Chantry he would be safe."

"Yes, pater."

Jeffry nodded to you. Mundi and Adjan returned to the basement with you, things where fairly calm down there. Darrian and Helga was keeping watch of the prisoners. Mundi ran over to his master who bent down to pet the animal.
"Have you been good...thank you my friend."

He was relieved that at least for now, things were calm and nothing had happened. He smiled faintly as Mundi was reunited with Darrian and then nodded to him. "Thank you both."

The door to the room where the vampires where kept was open. You saw Kristina sitting there watching over them. Karl just lay there on his matrass he looked corpse like and was deeply asleep. Mr Lenoe lay on his side holding onto the blankets also sleeping but while he was not breathing he looking more alive in some ways than this relative. Ty was also there trying to get the room back into order. Both Kristina and Ty nodded in greeting when you and Adjan entered the room. "Hello Mr Roth Hicks any news about the fate of your guests here?"

"Yes, I might have a word with you please?" he said, opening his jacket and took out the tablet frame he'd put into the lining.

// Sorry for the late reply, my dog ate the zipper off my hoodie overnight and had to get checked out. So far, he's ok at least but he's on watch and I'll probably have to go back for more xrays *sigh* oh, (four year old) puppy!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Serge:

"Can't say the same for me. I've got no combat abilities so stepping into a labyrinth would probably be suicide for me. Although it would be interesting to see what they look like. I've always wanted to know if they were as horrifying as people say." Serge said.

"I have never visited one myself, but I do suspect that they are not nice places."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"You seam to have handled yourself pretty well in this whole mess we have been having this morning from what I hear, combat ability do not always have to mean the one who stand in the front with the gun."
The Hollower commented.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll talk again soon." Serge said with a friendly smile trying to reassure Cadence that everything would be fine.

Cadence smiled a little but she did not seam convinced, still she did appear to have been perked up a bit by the conversation.
"I hope you are right about that Serge."
She said softly.

With a wave of farewell Serge got up and began to headed towards Master Morgan to tell him what little he had found out while talking to Cadence.

Jeffry looked at you when you came over and he gave you a short nod.
"Is there anything you wanted Mr Yager?"
He asked politely.
"This have not been much of a welcome for you now have it, how are you holding up young man?"

"If you feel that strongly about it than I won't force you to do anything that you don't want to do." Serge said as he began modifying the drawing even further. Adding a background and classic symbols of happiness, such as a sun and flowers.

"I don't feel strongly about anything anymore Traditionalist that is part of the problem."
Martha said sadly.
"I can reply to your question if you wish but it will not do much good."

"Then how about instead of you, I'll talk about something. They say laughter is infectious, maybe the same can be said for emotions. Let's see...I've always wanted to be a dashing knight, adored by crowds of fans, saving the princess, and stuff like that. To be confident and full of energy. Smiling in the face of danger. To always be upbeat. Like in the storybooks and television shows. Also, I've always wanted to...." Serge said as he began to talk non-stop about random juvenile daydreams and fantasies.

"You are an odd one are you not kid?"
Martha said after listening to you for a while.
"You would be a good match for that Marauder girl we captured, one who think she is a princess in a fairytale."
She added with a small smile.
"It sort of felt bad to see her captured she is...innocent in a way..."
She added then she leaned back against the wall.
"Well I guess not all is lost...I can always focus on revenge, get that bitch Larson back for what she did to me...Mr Wainwright wanted information, I do not know allot of names for those in Larson's inner circle but I have seen some of them, you seam like a decent enough artist kid, would you mind helping me drawing them, I am afraid that my own artistic abilities limit themselves to having taken a few you tube lessons."
The Nephanda said she did seam a little less sad though and at least she had a task clear in mind now."

Adley:

"Yes, pater."

"Good, then please see to it. I am sorry to put such a burden on your shoulders again though mea filius."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He was relieved that at least for now, things were calm and nothing had happened. He smiled faintly as Mundi was reunited with Darrian and then nodded to him. "Thank you both."

Mundi turned his head and looked at you when you spoke then he wagged his tail as if to say you where welcome. Darrian straightened again and nodded, the usually reserved alchemist smiled a little.
"You are most welcome, my familiar tells me that he likes you and he will be glad to help you again when you need it, he talks about a woman he saw outside though and that he really did not like her."
The Solificato said and frowned.
"Well do not let me keep you Mr Roth Hicks I am sure you are busy and I must get back to guard duty anyway."

"Yes, I might have a word with you please?" he said, opening his jacket and took out the tablet frame he'd put into the lining.

"Yes off course."
Kristina said and walked over to you she looked at the tablet and smiled a little.
"More practical than burning notes."
She commented.
"Do you want to talk here or outside the room?"

(OOC: Naughty doggie I hope he is ok, poor guy. My first dog Sjakko ate a lego once and needed some vet assistance to get it back out, he also ate one of my dolls and a large number of shoes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 pm

"Jareth and the snail's magickal nature do seam like a logical explanation then. Just to be sure though make sure to be careful with any information gained from or given out though our phones at the moment, apparently there are some towers that are important for how they function and Master Sharaya have discovered that these towers are infested with a Umbrood so stay alert."
Jeffry warned you.
Colin nodded, "Adley warned me there was something going on with the phones, yes. So, it's a spirit lurking in a cell tower... ah, in case you don't know, the towers are like relay stations - like signal bonfires on the Great Wall of China, or along coastlines, that sort of thing. A little more complex, for more complex messages than 'raiders are coming', which makes it more susceptible to interference..."

"Your past life and...that girl?"
Freddy said and she looked rather shocked.
"I would like to know more but in private not here."
She said and glanced around at the crowd in the cafeteria.
He smiled, "You will know it all, in time. But no, not here. And... be careful with the phone; apparently, there's some interference - Master Sharaya suspects a spirit in the cell tower. A classic gremlin, it seems..."

"You used that new rote of yours to handle that Tass did you not Colin? Now that is a nifty one."
Freddy said approvingly then she gave you a mock stern look.
"But you are going to be careful when handling the stuff non the less or I will wag my finger at you very, vary hard."
She threatened and then gave you a grin.
"And stay out of the Event Horizon!"
He chuckled softly, "The rote is coming in handy, yes. And I'm actually going to go back to the ship... to try to clean her up. The owner... did offer a generous cut of the sale price if I'm successful, and there'll be an expedition, as well. I will make sure not to repeat the navigational error, though."

"That is still quite impressive even without the on paper Adept rank, you can do some practical magick with that love, and as for spirits, you are right they are everywhere but I only see them with an app on my phone."
He sighed, "Yes, you can see them with an app. I'm going to have to work hard to try to unsee them - not sure I can even do that, really. It seems sort of like trying not to see a certain type of people; not something one could do without some severely broken thinking... Your app worked perfectly, by the way; thank you."

"I understand you told me the peculiarities of your Avatar love and I understand not wanting to spook Bee she have been through enough but I don't think you will, I think she will realize that you would never harm her."
Freddy said and she put her hand gently against your cheek.
He nodded, "I think so, too - but I'm not too happy about the consequences should I be wrong."

"Do you have memories of...no not here it should not be discussed here."
Freddy said and she looked at you, well tried to her eyes where still a bit unfocused and her gaze floaty, she just remained there for a while holding a hand against your cheek nothing really having words to express what she was thinking.
He kissed the palm of Freddy's hand, "I do, and no, not here..."

"No shit the stuff hurts it burns like hell!"
Freddy grumbled.
"The Union had me on it when they kept me prisoner, I still have some marks but I covered them up with a few tattoos, so yeah I bet that testing was fun, as for the rest time bubbles for the win it sounds."
He frowned, "Luv... how long were you on it? This is... unpleasant, but important."

"Disturbing information? I see well that do not sound good."
The Virtual Adept commented.
"We will talk about it later then if it should not be talked about here...but yeah cookies and coffee was nice."
She said and offered you a big smile.
"I wish I could say I saved you some but I ate them all."
He frowned, "The origin of the stuff... lingering effects of prolonged use, that sort of thing..."
He sighed, "Well, I am more of a tea and biscuits person, myself. Or perhaps some suitable cakes."
He shook his head, "I need to go, luv. But for now..."
He glanced sideways at Jareth, "Jareth, Freddy is important to me. Would you kindly look after her for a bit?"

((OOC: Ack, poor doggie. Wait, the whole zipper, or just the little sliding bit? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm

"You are most welcome, my familiar tells me that he likes you and he will be glad to help you again when you need it, he talks about a woman he saw outside though and that he really did not like her."

"I'm fond of him as well.  Hrm, yes if you are able to get some description from your friend, then it might be helpful. However, do take care what is done over the phones, as we suspect there is some tampering going on."

"Well do not let me keep you Mr Roth Hicks I am sure you are busy and I must get back to guard duty anyway."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes off course." Kristina said and walked over to you she looked at the tablet and smiled a little. "More practical than burning notes."
She commented. "Do you want to talk here or outside the room?"

"Much. We can stay here if you wish to reply on the tablet," he said, not wishing to leave the pair alone with just one person. He began to write: 'They must be staked while they are here. I would rather use appropriate stakes if you have any, I do not wish to cause them more pain than is necessary. Also ML wishes his eyes open, before he is left. They may be able to be transferred later to another location, however, that means less protection for ML due to his situation and it is better if he stays here despite what happened. We are also procuring food for them but it will be a few hours. Suggestions?'

// about five or so inches, he spat out some of the metal hardware and shredded the plastic bits, ate it in chunks I believe. He's a small terrier though, 15lb. I hope he'll be ok, he was good for so over two years

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole paused at the dog to look at it - at least, look at it properly this time.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:58 pm

He looked over his shoulder as he heard footsteps and nodded to Nicole, seeming curious why she was shadowing him. He didn't say anything though, not unless she approached the door to where the vampires were as he was heading that way or spoke first to them.

// whups, missed that Nicole was going down with them, sorry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 am

"I have never visited one myself, but I do suspect that they are not nice places."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"You seam to have handled yourself pretty well in this whole mess we have been having this morning from what I hear, combat ability do not always have to mean the one who stand in the front with the gun."
The Hollower commented.

"I was surrounded by experienced mages, healers, and shields. Not too mention I stood far in the back away from the main fighting so I was never in any immediate danger. Even then I was still scared shitless even if I didn't show it." Serge admitted.

"And the only reason I was of any help was because the oil-men were susceptible to mind Magick. Can't say the same for experienced Nephandi and the bullshit Mental Wards they'll probably have." Serge grumbled remembering how ineffective he was against Siege.

Jeffry looked at you when you came over and he gave you a short nod.
"Is there anything you wanted Mr Yager?"
He asked politely.
"This have not been much of a welcome for you now have it, how are you holding up young man?"

"Oh don't worry about me. I'm fine Master Morgan. I'm worried about everyone else though." Serge said glancing back at Cadence and the other scared people within the cafeteria.

"I just wanted to tell you some things I've learned about those oil-men spirit...things we just fought. I was just talking to Cadence and apparently they sounded familiar to her." Serge began trying to recall what Cadence had said about the spirits.

"She said it was one of the nastier spirits that the Nephandi use. She mentioned that they were programmed with the mind of the Prelate and that they were bound to a man named Jace. She also mentioned that this Jace used his spinal fluid to make them all of one mind which is why they were so susceptible to mind magick." Serge said trying to inform the hermetic on everything he learned.

"That seemed sketchy to me. I mean that sounded easily exploitable. I asked her if tampering with one spirits mind would affect the Prelatus's mind. She said that they were given a piece of his mind rather than being his mind but she wasn't sure whether you could affect the mind of the Prelatus by tampering with the mind of the oil-spirit." Serge continued.

"It just struck me as odd. Wouldn't that mean that the oily black cat that Deaconess O'Conner has is connected or at the very least has a small fragment of a Prelati's mind within it? Not to mention being magickally bound to some Nephandi named Jace? I'm not sure whether the information I got from Cadence is accurate or not but I felt like you should know about it just in case." Serge concluded.

"You are an odd one are you not kid?"
Martha said after listening to you for a while.
"You would be a good match for that Marauder girl we captured, one who think she is a princess in a fairytale."
She added with a small smile.
"It sort of felt bad to see her captured she is...innocent in a way..."
She added then she leaned back against the wall.

"You know you are the second person to say that today." Serge said not sure whether to be intrigued or angered. He noted the small bits of emotions cropping up within Martha. The smile and the sadness. It was better than the anger and emptiness she felt before.

"Well I guess not all is lost...I can always focus on revenge, get that bitch Larson back for what she did to me...Mr Wainwright wanted information, I do not know allot of names for those in Larson's inner circle but I have seen some of them, you seam like a decent enough artist kid, would you mind helping me drawing them, I am afraid that my own artistic abilities limit themselves to having taken a few you tube lessons."
The Nephanda said she did seam a little less sad though and at least she had a task clear in mind now."

"Hell yeah I can! I'd be happy to help." Serge said with a smile glad to have cleared Martha's head, at least temporarily.

"I've always wanted to see if I could be a crime sketch artist. OK describe them in as much detail as you can. Style of hair, facial features, strange identifiers like tattoos or scars. Anything you can think of. Try to have a mental image of them on the forefront of your mind to help you describe them." Serge said with a pencil at the ready.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Adley warned me there was something going on with the phones, yes. So, it's a spirit lurking in a cell tower... ah, in case you don't know, the towers are like relay stations - like signal bonfires on the Great Wall of China, or along coastlines, that sort of thing. A little more complex, for more complex messages than 'raiders are coming', which makes it more susceptible to interference..."

"I see well that makes a surprising amount os sense actually, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he gave you a surprised nod.
"Well then hopefully Mr Sharaya can find this spirit in the towers then and we can deal with it before it do to much harm."

He smiled, "You will know it all, in time. But no, not here. And... be careful with the phone; apparently, there's some interference - Master Sharaya suspects a spirit in the cell tower. A classic gremlin, it seems..."

"I will be patient then until we have a chance to speak in private love...a spirit in the local cell tower, hum...well that would explain a few things actually."

He chuckled softly, "The rote is coming in handy, yes. And I'm actually going to go back to the ship... to try to clean her up. The owner... did offer a generous cut of the sale price if I'm successful, and there'll be an expedition, as well. I will make sure not to repeat the navigational error, though."

The young Virtual Adept narrowed her eyes into slits.
"I see you are going back there now are you...hum...ok then I am coming along, you might at time have more sense of adventure than sense and you need someone to watch out for you and keep you from getting to crazy."
She said lovingly and wagged her finger at you.

He sighed, "Yes, you can see them with an app. I'm going to have to work hard to try to unsee them - not sure I can even do that, really. It seems sort of like trying not to see a certain type of people; not something one could do without some severely broken thinking... Your app worked perfectly, by the way; thank you."

"So you are walking around and seeing spirits all the time now?"
Freddy asked sounding worried.
"Are you okey?"
Then she smiled.
"I am glad the app worked it is not so easy writing code with someone else doing the typing and reading up to me what is written, telling them what to write and repeat the process, luckily I had some half finished programs I could base it on laying around already."
She said happily.

He nodded, "I think so, too - but I'm not too happy about the consequences should I be wrong."

"Could you not approach her very slowly, I mean not just storm in there and grab her but wait in the doorway, take one step in and so on and if she start to react you can draw back again, then even if she is scared it should not be so much that it add more to her trauma should it?"
The technomancer asked.

He kissed the palm of Freddy's hand, "I do, and no, not here..."

"That is...horrible."
Freddy whispered and she sounded shocked but she said nothing more this was not the place, she simply kept her hand gently against your cheek for a moment.

He frowned, "Luv... how long were you on it? This is... unpleasant, but important."

"Yeah no it is not exactly my favorite topic of discussion."
The Virtual Adept and and scratched at the scars hidden under her green cyber dreads.
"It was about two weeks...two very long weeks."
She muttered and her eyes darkened for a moment as she thought about it.
"I do not like talking about it in public I do not want anyone to pity me I do not want to be the girl who was kidnapped by the Technocracy and experimented upon."
She whispered a little uneasy.

He frowned, "The origin of the stuff... lingering effects of prolonged use, that sort of thing..."

"I see do I need to be worried?"
Freddy asked and frowned.

He sighed, "Well, I am more of a tea and biscuits person, myself. Or perhaps some suitable cakes."

"I can eat all of that."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.

He shook his head, "I need to go, luv. But for now..."
He glanced sideways at Jareth, "Jareth, Freddy is important to me. Would you kindly look after her for a bit?"

Jareth looked at you and hooted then he jumped over at Freddy's shoulder careful of not hurting her with his claws.
"But hello Jareth."
The young technomancer said to the bird and Jareth cooed happily. Freddy then nodded to you.
"I am not going to keep you love, I will talk with you soon."

Adley and Nicole:

"I'm fond of him as well. Hrm, yes if you are able to get some description from your friend, then it might be helpful. However, do take care what is done over the phones, as we suspect there is some tampering going on."

"I see that is somewhat impractical, I guess we are going to have to use the old ways for messages for a while then."
Darrian said and frowned he looked at Mundi and then at you.
"He says that she is of average size for a human female, with black hair ad blue eyes but he do not know how to describe human faces, he says that your friend with the lines in his face...ah he means no disrespect but he probably means Mr Wainwright have met her in another part of the now."

"Yes, sir."

Darrian nodded and he took Mundi with him to go a round to check on all the prisoners and generally assist Helga with keeping order.

"Much. We can stay here if you wish to reply on the tablet," he said, not wishing to leave the pair alone with just one person.

"Very well I can do that."
Kristina agreed.

He began to write: 'They must be staked while they are here. I would rather use appropriate stakes if you have any, I do not wish to cause them more pain than is necessary. Also ML wishes his eyes open, before he is left. They may be able to be transferred later to another location, however, that means less protection for ML due to his situation and it is better if he stays here despite what happened. We are also procuring food for them but it will be a few hours. Suggestions?'

Kristina read the message and frowned she glanced at the vampires and wrote back.
"Understood it is not my place to argue the decision. I have one on me, and the one that restrained Karl can still be used. They are both to be staked now and then they can get the choice to be moved to a less secure position where such means will not be needed later? Very well Karl is already laying on his back and he is not likely to wake up until it is done, but I prefer to spend some time calming him down afterwards. ML needs to be moved and this is likely to wake him and considering what happened he will be very scared. I suggjest I deal with Carl and you with ML he knows you and you are more likely to be able to talk him down into compliance."
Kristina handed the tablet back to you still frowning.

Nicole paused at the dog to look at it - at least, look at it properly this time.

Mundi stopped and glanced at the large woman, his eyes where dark and surprisingly intelligent he gave a bit of a wag of his tail to show that he was friendly. Mundi is a large black dog, he looks to be a rottweiler or a big black labrador or perhaps a mix of the two.

Serge:

"I was surrounded by experienced mages, healers, and shields. Not too mention I stood far in the back away from the main fighting so I was never in any immediate danger. Even then I was still scared shitless even if I didn't show it." Serge admitted.

"Yes but you did things did you not? Things that helped? How scared you are do not really matter as long as you are still able to act."
Henrietta said softly and she smiled to you.

"And the only reason I was of any help was because the oil-men were susceptible to mind Magick. Can't say the same for experienced Nephandi and the bullshit Mental Wards they'll probably have." Serge grumbled remembering how ineffective he was against Siege.

"Perhaps they do but there are sleeper servants there probably, Custos, there might be animals, the Labyrinth creature itself and spirits all beings that you might end up influencing with your magick, not to mention you might be able to calm down a panicking ally and find clues others might now, among other things."
The Hollower encouraged.

"Oh don't worry about me. I'm fine Master Morgan. I'm worried about everyone else though." Serge said glancing back at Cadence and the other scared people within the cafeteria.

Cadence looked back at you fearfully. Jeffry nodded.
"It seams everyone is fine, thank you for your concern Mr Yager."
He said and he added a small, measured smile.

"I just wanted to tell you some things I've learned about those oil-men spirit...things we just fought. I was just talking to Cadence and apparently they sounded familiar to her." Serge began trying to recall what Cadence had said about the spirits.

"She said it was one of the nastier spirits that the Nephandi use. She mentioned that they were programmed with the mind of the Prelate and that they were bound to a man named Jace. She also mentioned that this Jace used his spinal fluid to make them all of one mind which is why they were so susceptible to mind magick." Serge said trying to inform the hermetic on everything he learned.

"That is quite useful information...I have heard about this Jace person mentioned before as one of Larson's Prelates...hum do you think Miss Clearwater is being sincere and honest in the information she gave you? After all you know her better than I."
The old Hermetic said and he cast a suspicious glance at the young Nephanda.

"That seemed sketchy to me. I mean that sounded easily exploitable. I asked her if tampering with one spirits mind would affect the Prelatus's mind. She said that they were given a piece of his mind rather than being his mind but she wasn't sure whether you could affect the mind of the Prelatus by tampering with the mind of the oil-spirit." Serge continued.

"Well all magick have it's weaknesses if you know where to look and the Prelate's methods while somewhat disturbing do sound doable and would have some practical applications but it is hard to know whatever or not Miss Clearwater is telling the truth. I doubt the manipulation of minds go both ways if this is the truth though but it would mean that those oil men are an arcane connection this this Jace and that we might be able to use."
The old was mage mushed tapping the side of his nose with a finger as he did so.

"It just struck me as odd. Wouldn't that mean that the oily black cat that Deaconess O'Conner has is connected or at the very least has a small fragment of a Prelati's mind within it? Not to mention being magickally bound to some Nephandi named Jace?

"Yes if that is the truth then yes that is exactly what it means, how those cats are being controlled by Deaconess O'Connor I do not know though so how influenced they are at the moment by their former Master is hard to say."
He said and glanced over at the large woman who was still holding her new pets in her arms where she stood talking with George Steelhaven.

I'm not sure whether the information I got from Cadence is accurate or not but I felt like you should know about it just in case." Serge concluded.

"Thank you for telling me Mr Yager this is indeed important information to bring to my attention. I guess I am going to have to have a bit of a talk with Miss Clearwater."
He said and glanced over at Cadence.

"You know you are the second person to say that today." Serge said not sure whether to be intrigued or angered. He noted the small bits of emotions cropping up within Martha. The smile and the sadness. It was better than the anger and emptiness she felt before.

"That do not surprise me in the least."
Martha said then she sigh and asked.
"What Tradition are you kid?"

"Hell yeah I can! I'd be happy to help." Serge said with a smile glad to have cleared Martha's head, at least temporarily.

"Thank you kid...ehm Serge was it?"
The Nephanda said with a tired smile.

"I've always wanted to see if I could be a crime sketch artist. OK describe them in as much detail as you can. Style of hair, facial features, strange identifiers like tattoos or scars. Anything you can think of. Try to have a mental image of them on the forefront of your mind to help you describe them." Serge said with a pencil at the ready.

"Ok let us begin with this woman...I do not know her name but I think she is Larson's security chief and one of her Prelati. She is a little above average height and well toned, I mean she works out but she is not bulky she is more lean and well yeah toned. She is Asian and not exactly pretty but she looks noble in a way I can see her like the captain of some great ship she have an air about her. She have a scar running from her eye down to her jaw on her left side, thin lips, a fine, sharp nose and large almond shaped eyes. Despite being Asian she do not have monolid eyes and her hair is short and black, she look to be around forthy I think not that it matters much she could be any age."
Martha said trying to remember all the details.
"She dresses nicely you know, lady suits and heels and she have a diamond stud or something in her lip."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 am

"I see well that makes a surprising amount os sense actually, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he gave you a surprised nod.
"Well then hopefully Mr Sharaya can find this spirit in the towers then and we can deal with it before it do to much harm."
Colin smiled thinly, "Some technological things are fairly simple to explain without losing accuracy. And if Master Sharaya doesn't locate and dispose of it, I'm sure the Union will soon enough..."

"I will be patient then until we have a chance to speak in private love...a spirit in the local cell tower, hum...well that would explain a few things actually."
He arched an eyebrow, "You've noticed something out of place?"

The young Virtual Adept narrowed her eyes into slits.
"I see you are going back there now are you...hum...ok then I am coming along, you might at time have more sense of adventure than sense and you need someone to watch out for you and keep you from getting to crazy."
She said lovingly and wagged her finger at you.
He smiled, "But of course you are, luv - though I expect there's going to be a lot of theoretical work on my part, as well as some experiments with a video camera before I even step close to the ship again. I'm not simply going to go in and start working on something fairly far outside my abilities, you know."

"So you are walking around and seeing spirits all the time now?"
Freddy asked sounding worried.
"Are you okey?"
Then she smiled.
"I am glad the app worked it is not so easy writing code with someone else doing the typing and reading up to me what is written, telling them what to write and repeat the process, luckily I had some half finished programs I could base it on laying around already."
She said happily.
He nodded, "Quite alright; I just seem to have... picked up that ability from someone, along with a few other small things. You know how that works... Nothing to worry about, though there might be some... awkwardness in a few years. I'll explain later."

"Yeah no it is not exactly my favorite topic of discussion."
The Virtual Adept and and scratched at the scars hidden under her green cyber dreads.
"It was about two weeks...two very long weeks."
She muttered and her eyes darkened for a moment as she thought about it.
"I do not like talking about it in public I do not want anyone to pity me I do not want to be the girl who was kidnapped by the Technocracy and experimented upon."
She whispered a little uneasy.
He frowned, "No, of course you don't like talking about it... How long were you on it before the Computer refused you, though? This might be important..."

"I see do I need to be worried?"
Freddy asked and frowned.
He placed a hand against her cheek, softly, and looked her in the eyes, "I... yes, actually... You need a brain scan, the sooner the better. I have a... catalyst that allows such a scan to reveal Primium - you'll likely have some... clumps of it around your pineal gland. That will go some way in explaining some of your issues, and it's not the sort of thing that can be easily detected... but knowing about it makes it possible to locate, and possibly extract."

"I can eat all of that."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
He grinned back, "Now, now, you have coffee and cookies, leave me my tea and biscuits. Well, I suppose we could share..."

Jareth looked at you and hooted then he jumped over at Freddy's shoulder careful of not hurting her with his claws.
"But hello Jareth."
The young technomancer said to the bird and Jareth cooed happily. Freddy then nodded to you.
"I am not going to keep you love, I will talk with you soon."
He nodded, "Soon... and tonight, we'll have a long talk."

((OOC: Well, then, I doubt Colin has enough of Crexia's blood for three scans; probably going to have to give Kyle and Freddy priority... :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Some technological things are fairly simple to explain without losing accuracy. And if Master Sharaya doesn't locate and dispose of it, I'm sure the Union will soon enough..."

"Unless the Union is the ones who sent it in the first place."
Jeffry commented.
"Well let us see what Master Sharaya can do before staying any conclusions though."

He arched an eyebrow, "You've noticed something out of place?"

"Yes while asking Rosa to send some messages for me and later when making a call there was this sound on the line almost like you would get on a land line if someone else was listening in."
Freddy said.
"And the messages sort of stayed in the out folder to long, I mean it happening once or twice is o signal strength and the activity of others nearby can affect that but all of them...that seamed rather odd it seamed like someone scanned the messages before they where sent."

He smiled, "But of course you are, luv - though I expect there's going to be a lot of theoretical work on my part, as well as some experiments with a video camera before I even step close to the ship again. I'm not simply going to go in and start working on something fairly far outside my abilities, you know."

"Hum...that seams rather reasonable but when you go onto that ship again love I am coming with you."
The Virtual Adept said sternly.

He nodded, "Quite alright; I just seem to have... picked up that ability from someone, along with a few other small things. You know how that works... Nothing to worry about, though there might be some... awkwardness in a few years. I'll explain later."

"Ok I will wait for the explanation but be careful love when AIs ehm I mean spirits notice you looking at them they tend to look back you know."
Freddy said and she sounded a bit concerned.
"And not all of them are particularly friendly."

He frowned, "No, of course you don't like talking about it... How long were you on it before the Computer refused you, though? This might be important..."

"The entire time, I...some of the details are fuzzy but when I was captured they gave me two shots, that serum and something that made me sleep and they continued to give it to me though the entire time that they kept me...and when they decided they are done with me and tried to feed me to the computer, not longer after my Mentor and her Cabal broke in and saved me."
Freddy said and she trembled and turned away so you would not see her upset.

He placed a hand against her cheek, softly, and looked her in the eyes, "I... yes, actually... You need a brain scan, the sooner the better. I have a... catalyst that allows such a scan to reveal Primium - you'll likely have some... clumps of it around your pineal gland. That will go some way in explaining some of your issues, and it's not the sort of thing that can be easily detected... but knowing about it makes it possible to locate, and possibly extract."

"Primium...in my head...damn...shit..."
Freddy muttered and she turned ashen pale but then she drew a deep breath and tried to hide it she did not like showing weakness.
"Ok...I was planning on getting one anyway after well...I was shot...just to make sure everything was put back together in the right order."
She said then she sigh and again tried to hide her nervousness.
"It can explain something though I...after what the Union did to me my brain can not regulate how much spinal fluid I have very well and over time I get to much, I have to tap some of it every six months or it will press down on my brain. After such a procedure even if it is done in my spine I always have terrible headaches, it is a common side effect I hear and usually Richard or Master Nassa heals me when the headaches comes but last time Master Nassa said that as he was working on healing me he felt resistance against his magick and he wondered if I had any wards up that I should take down before he continued."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"I did not have any wards active I took them down before asking Master Nassa to heal my head. I wonder if Mrs Knox felt anything when she saved my life."
She said and nervously played with one of the plastic bits in her hair.

He grinned back, "Now, now, you have coffee and cookies, leave me my tea and biscuits. Well, I suppose we could share..."

"Sharing sounds good..."
Freddy said though she was still clearly upset about the news about what the serum did.

He nodded, "Soon... and tonight, we'll have a long talk."

Freddy nodded and she gently hugged you again.
"We will if we are not to tired from kicking Nephandi butts all day to do much talking then."
She said and grinned.

(OOC: There should be enough for three each one only needs a couple of drops.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am

"Unless the Union is the ones who sent it in the first place."
Jeffry commented.
"Well let us see what Master Sharaya can do before staying any conclusions though."
Colin nodded, "Even so, they wouldn't want it there for too long - even Sleepers will notice something is wrong, eventually."

"Yes while asking Rosa to send some messages for me and later when making a call there was this sound on the line almost like you would get on a land line if someone else was listening in."
Freddy said.
"And the messages sort of stayed in the out folder to long, I mean it happening once or twice is o signal strength and the activity of others nearby can affect that but all of them...that seamed rather odd it seamed like someone scanned the messages before they where sent."
He frowned, "Chief Morgan and Master Narim would want to know..."

"Hum...that seams rather reasonable but when you go onto that ship again love I am coming with you."
The Virtual Adept said sternly.
He grinned, "Of course you are, luv."

"Ok I will wait for the explanation but be careful love when AIs ehm I mean spirits notice you looking at them they tend to look back you know."
Freddy said and she sounded a bit concerned.
"And not all of them are particularly friendly."
He nodded, "True enough... but it seems most can be negotiated with, unless they have specific reason for harming me outright... Even then, there might be wiggle room."

"The entire time, I...some of the details are fuzzy but when I was captured they gave me two shots, that serum and something that made me sleep and they continued to give it to me though the entire time that they kept me...and when they decided they are done with me and tried to feed me to the computer, not longer after my Mentor and her Cabal broke in and saved me."
Freddy said and she trembled and turned away so you would not see her upset.
He nodded, stroking her back gently, "I'm sorry to dredge this up, luv... There are things we need to know... things we need to confirm or disprove a hypothesis about the Computer."

"Primium...in my head...damn...shit..."
Freddy muttered and she turned ashen pale but then she drew a deep breath and tried to hide it she did not like showing weakness.
"Ok...I was planning on getting one anyway after well...I was shot...just to make sure everything was put back together in the right order."
She said then she sigh and again tried to hide her nervousness.
"It can explain something though I...after what the Union did to me my brain can not regulate how much spinal fluid I have very well and over time I get to much, I have to tap some of it every six months or it will press down on my brain. After such a procedure even if it is done in my spine I always have terrible headaches, it is a common side effect I hear and usually Richard or Master Nassa heals me when the headaches comes but last time Master Nassa said that as he was working on healing me he felt resistance against his magick and he wondered if I had any wards up that I should take down before he continued."
The Virtual Adept explained.
"I did not have any wards active I took them down before asking Master Nassa to heal my head. I wonder if Mrs Knox felt anything when she saved my life."
She said and nervously played with one of the plastic bits in her hair.
He nodded, "That sounds like... a very good explanation for those extra troubles. Hum, perhaps getting the Primium out would make things easier for you all around? And... forgive me for putting it so bluntly, but you could make an excellent case to help cut back on the use of the damned Serum - three days is the longest anyone should be on it, before buildup becomes an issue. Ah, I learned that in five years, when Anna got scanned in a possible future... which is not so liable to happen at all anymore... this is where the ride gets bumpy..."

"Sharing sounds good..."
Freddy said though she was still clearly upset about the news about what the serum did.
He nodded, "Sharing is good... I'm going to have to buy some suitable pastries, though - I'm not very good with cakes and such."

Freddy nodded and she gently hugged you again.
"We will if we are not to tired from kicking Nephandi butts all day to do much talking then."
She said and grinned.
He smiled, "Oh, I don't think I'll be doing very much butt-kicking, personally. I'll be doing something else, to better the actual strike teams' odds... I'll explain later."

((OOC: Ah, then it should be plenty. Going to be a little sad to destroy the leftovers, but a promise is a promise, and that was a very well-founded promise, to boot... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am

Colin nodded, "Even so, they wouldn't want it there for too long - even Sleepers will notice something is wrong, eventually."

"I hope you are right though I am not sure how sleepers would notice such a thing Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he sounded rather doubtful.

He frowned, "Chief Morgan and Master Narim would want to know..."

"I will make sure to let them know when we are done talking then love."
Freddy agreed and nodded.

He grinned, "Of course you are, luv."

"Well then that is settled."
Freddy said and grinned.

He nodded, "True enough... but it seems most can be negotiated with, unless they have specific reason for harming me outright... Even then, there might be wiggle room."

"That is true enough and you are good at talking yourself out of problems love the problem is that spirits often have very alien ways to see the world or so I hear."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
"Be careful at least."

He nodded, stroking her back gently, "I'm sorry to dredge this up, luv... There are things we need to know... things we need to confirm or disprove a hypothesis about the Computer."

Freddy swallowed hard and took control of herself though she was still rather pale.
"Ok...I ehm...yes off course whatever you need love what can I do to help you confirm or disprove this hypothesis?"
She asked and looked at you pain in her eyes.

He nodded, "That sounds like... a very good explanation for those extra troubles. Hum, perhaps getting the Primium out would make things easier for you all around?

"How would one get the Primium out?I do not want to let anyone cut into my brain, ever again!"
Freddy said perhaps a bit to forcefully and shook her head then she drew a deep breath.
"I am sorry love I...just..."

And... forgive me for putting it so bluntly, but you could make an excellent case to help cut back on the use of the damned Serum - three days is the longest anyone should be on it, before buildup becomes an issue. Ah, I learned that in five years, when Anna got scanned in a possible future... which is not so liable to happen at all anymore... this is where the ride gets bumpy..."

"Anna that is the little Nephandi girl you are taking as an apprentice right? She was put on the serum that...is not good."
Freddy said and frowned.
"It really do burn pretty bad going on, it would frighten a child."
She added then she gave a hesitant nod.
"The problem is that being a case for the dangers of this serum means letting more people know about what happened to me, and then I will get all the looks and questions and pity..."
She said and glanced around nervously to make sure no one was overhearing.
"But I guess that if it is necessary it is necessary."
She said and sigh trying to calm herself down.
"Should I talk with Dr Lee about the scan then...he can usually arrange for medical stuff for magi under the radar at the hospital he works in."

He nodded, "Sharing is good... I'm going to have to buy some suitable pastries, though - I'm not very good with cakes and such."

"I can make brownies but that is about the only thing I can bake."
Freddy said and grinned.
"I like the green marzipan frogs filled with cream they have at the bakery around the corner though and their pistachio rolls."

He smiled, "Oh, I don't think I'll be doing very much butt-kicking, personally. I'll be doing something else, to better the actual strike teams' odds... I'll explain later."

"More crazy ideas eh?"
Freddy asked then she grinned at you.
"Well that is partly why I love you, your idea are insane but do tend to work."

(OOC: Plus you do not want to make an archmage angry at you, that is not the best thing to do for a long and happy life.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave the dog a look, a little stroke, then moved on. Exploring the building, getting to know it - always good to know your own turf. Turned to look at the vampires with a thoughtful look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Mundi wagged his tail at you and seamed to enjoy being petted. The room you where in was a corridor there was stone walls, floor and ceiling and wooden doors into various rooms, mostly storage rooms it seamed and perhaps a wash room. This room where connected to a small, square hub that had a set of stairs leading up, the door to this hallway and then the door to the hallway that the lab you had been to was in.

The vampires seamed to be sleeping they where on mattresses in one of the rooms, they looked like corpses not moving or breathing, though the smaller of the two men looked a little more alive than his friend, or rather a little less dead. Adley and the black haired woman where passing messages back and forth with a wood and wax tablet and the woman looked rather concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

"Yes but you did things did you not? Things that helped? How scared you are do not really matter as long as you are still able to act."
Henrietta said softly and she smiled to you.

"Adrenaline is a hell of a drug that can make lazy people like me act in stressful times. I'm pretty sure I helped a little." Serge said returning the smile.

"Perhaps they do but there are sleeper servants there probably, Custos, there might be animals, the Labyrinth creature itself and spirits all beings that you might end up influencing with your magick, not to mention you might be able to calm down a panicking ally and find clues others might now, among other things."
The Hollower encouraged.

"They have sleeper servants?" Serge said a little surprised. "Actually that make sense. And yeah I guess I could be of help. Although it would make more sense to send in a more battle-hardened mage with Mind Magick than some fresh recruit." Serge commented.

"Thanks for the nice words though. I would love to see you fight. Just seeing a bear clawing its way through a Labyrinth." He said with a friendly smile.

"That is quite useful information...I have heard about this Jace person mentioned before as one of Larson's Prelates...hum do you think Miss Clearwater is being sincere and honest in the information she gave you? After all you know her better than I."
The old Hermetic said and he cast a suspicious glance at the young Nephanda.
"Well all magick have it's weaknesses if you know where to look and the Prelate's methods while somewhat disturbing do sound doable and would have some practical applications but it is hard to know whatever or not Miss Clearwater is telling the truth. I doubt the manipulation of minds go both ways if this is the truth though but it would mean that those oil men are an arcane connection this this Jace and that we might be able to use."
The old was mage mushed tapping the side of his nose with a finger as he did so.

"Do I think Cadence is being sincere, well...." Serge started saying sadly, "If you had asked me that earlier I would have said yes. She seems like the same nice person that I've always known. I would have also said the Prisoner I interrogated was being nice and kind but then he broke out of prison, destroyed our wards, and held a kid at knife point. So I don't really know anymore."

Serge made a conscious effort not to look back at Cadence. He didn't need her to think that he was spying on her or using her for information. "I know she is genuinely sad about upsetting her Mentor. And with the fear she had and her Mentor next to her I doubt she would have been able to lie all to effectively. But I didn't really look that deep into her words to see if she was being honest with them. I sorta just let her talked freely. She's so scared, I didn't want her to think I was analyzing her every word."

"Yes if that is the truth then yes that is exactly what it means, how those cats are being controlled by Deaconess O'Connor I do not know though so how influenced they are at the moment by their former Master is hard to say."
He said and glanced over at the large woman who was still holding her new pets in her arms where she stood talking with George Steelhaven.

Serge glanced over at Deaconess O'Conner as well, looking at the oily black cat in an new light.

"Thank you for telling me Mr Yager this is indeed important information to bring to my attention. I guess I am going to have to have a bit of a talk with Miss Clearwater."
He said and glanced over at Cadence.

"Please be nice to her when you speak to her sir. I doubt she knows anymore than I've told you and I doubt asking her for more information on her Nephandi life will help with her emotional state. " Serge said not wanting to put Cadence under more scrutiny.

"Couldn't we get some Adept's and Master's of Spirit and Mind to analyze the cat or something?" Serge suggested naively.

"That do not surprise me in the least."
Martha said then she sigh and asked.
"What Tradition are you kid?"

"Cult of Ecstasy" Serge said simply glancing down at his ring.

"Thank you kid...ehm Serge was it?"
The Nephanda said with a tired smile.

"Yeah that's right." Serge said confirming Martha's thoughts.

"Ok let us begin with this woman...I do not know her name but I think she is Larson's security chief and one of her Prelati. She is a little above average height and well toned, I mean she works out but she is not bulky she is more lean and well yeah toned. She is Asian and not exactly pretty but she looks noble in a way I can see her like the captain of some great ship she have an air about her. She have a scar running from her eye down to her jaw on her left side, thin lips, a fine, sharp nose and large almond shaped eyes. Despite being Asian she do not have monolid eyes and her hair is short and black, she look to be around forthy I think not that it matters much she could be any age."
Martha said trying to remember all the details.
"She dresses nicely you know, lady suits and heels and she have a diamond stud or something in her lip."

"All right this is some good stuff." Serge said as he began to draw the Prelati according to Martha's description. "Asian.....above average height....well-toned but lean.....noble captains aura.....scar eye to jaw.....thin lips....sharp nose.....large non-asian eyes.....short black hair.....lady suit and heel and a diamond stud in her lip. Anything else?" Serge muttered to himself as he drew on the page and created his own mental image of the Prelati.

(OOC: Do I need to roll a Dex+Drawing to draw each of these sketches? Here's one just in case:
Roll: 2, 6, 7, 3, 10, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm

"I hope you are right though I am not sure how sleepers would notice such a thing Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he sounded rather doubtful.
Colin grinned wryly, "Interference with peoples' phone calls? That thing is likely to interfere with electronic games, people working from their homes, even watching movies and the like on phones and the like. It's almost guaranteed some Sleeper, probably several, will notice disrupted service and complain."

"That is true enough and you are good at talking yourself out of problems love the problem is that spirits often have very alien ways to see the world or so I hear."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
"Be careful at least."
He nodded, "A quite noble Lady of a recycling plant wanted to take my face as collateral when i promised to do what I could to save her child from Abigail... Obviously, I managed to persuade her to take something else - one of my monocles, freshly broken, in fact - but it could have gotten... quite messy. I don't think she realized how important my face being where it is is to my continued existence. Which brings me to another point - could you look into surveillance footage at a certain recycling plant in Gary, Chicago? I need to report some illicit dumping there, and having some video of the misdeeds would be useful. Once you can see to work, of course."

Freddy swallowed hard and took control of herself though she was still rather pale.
"Ok...I ehm...yes off course whatever you need love what can I do to help you confirm or disprove this hypothesis?"
She asked and looked at you pain in her eyes.
He shrugged, "You already told me a lot - you were on the serum for an extended period of time first. Other speculations... not in public."

"How would one get the Primium out?I do not want to let anyone cut into my brain, ever again!"
Freddy said perhaps a bit to forcefully and shook her head then she drew a deep breath.
"I am sorry love I...just..."
He nodded, hugging her close, "I know, luv... I understand... Anna is the same way. I think, though, there's another way. How much do you trust, say, your uncle's skills? A good teleporter, who knows the exact locations of the clumping, might be able to extricate it without any further damage..."

"Anna that is the little Nephandi girl you are taking as an apprentice right? She was put on the serum that...is not good."
Freddy said and frowned.
"It really do burn pretty bad going on, it would frighten a child."
She added then she gave a hesitant nod.
"The problem is that being a case for the dangers of this serum means letting more people know about what happened to me, and then I will get all the looks and questions and pity..."
She said and glanced around nervously to make sure no one was overhearing.
"But I guess that if it is necessary it is necessary."
She said and sigh trying to calm herself down.
"Should I talk with Dr Lee about the scan then...he can usually arrange for medical stuff for magi under the radar at the hospital he works in."
He nodded, "In that timeline, she was on the serum for... much too long. Months, at least. I have found an... alternative, one which is both safer than handcuffs and less invasive than the serum. Whether or not I can persuade the owners to temporarily part with it, though... it's sort of an intimate issue. And yes, we need Dr. Lee's help here. I should get a scan, as should young Kyle. There's enough of the, hm, catalyst to go around."
He pondered, "Besides, things can be anonymized... we're just looking for Primium residue from the serum, not from any other... changes. There are people who have been held for too long on the Serum by our side, too."

"I can make brownies but that is about the only thing I can bake."
Freddy said and grinned.
"I like the green marzipan frogs filled with cream they have at the bakery around the corner though and their pistachio rolls."
He grinned, "Fishing for treats, are we? I'll see when I can pick some up."

"More crazy ideas eh?"
Freddy asked then she grinned at you.
"Well that is partly why I love you, your idea are insane but do tend to work."
He chuckled, leaning in to whisper in her ear, "Crazier than most... Larson's Labyrinth is a Battlecruiser. So I will sneak in and bribe the Handler with a copy of Dune and a block of Melange - some sort of Norwegian margarine, courtesy of Mr. Bergen. Divide and conquer."

((OOC: Especially not an archmaga who knows my deadliest secret. Razz ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized there was an additional thing Colin would think of pointing out.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Serge:

"Adrenaline is a hell of a drug that can make lazy people like me act in stressful times. I'm pretty sure I helped a little." Serge said returning the smile.

"And there you go, like I said it is not only the ones on the forefront wielding the big guns that are useful in a fight kid."
Henrietta said and smiled.

"They have sleeper servants?" Serge said a little surprised. "Actually that make sense. And yeah I guess I could be of help. Although it would make more sense to send in a more battle-hardened mage with Mind Magick than some fresh recruit." Serge commented.

"From what I have heard yes they have sleeper servants."
The Hollower confirmed.
"Oh the more experienced magi are going as well, everyone but a skeleton crew to defend the Chantry, newly Awakened apprentices and the wounded are going, we are all going to have to do our part."
Henrietta said calmly.

"Thanks for the nice words though. I would love to see you fight. Just seeing a bear clawing its way through a Labyrinth." He said with a friendly smile.

The Hollower shook her head.
"No Mr Yager you do not want to see that, blood, pain and death is quite different in reality than what you see on a TV screen."
She said sadly.
"But we have to fight to protect everyone in this city and beyond who can not protect themselves that is why we do it even if it is horrible."

"Do I think Cadence is being sincere, well...." Serge started saying sadly, "If you had asked me that earlier I would have said yes. She seems like the same nice person that I've always known. I would have also said the Prisoner I interrogated was being nice and kind but then he broke out of prison, destroyed our wards, and held a kid at knife point. So I don't really know anymore."

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he said.
"If you where a prisoner at a Technocracy Construct and someone came down to your cell to speak to you, they where nice to you and kind and brought you food I bet your conversation would be civil enough but would that stop you from trying to escape even harming the Technocrats who got in your way if given half a chance?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"Few things are black and white Mr Yager, and the first duty of a prisoner is to escape. The man you spoke to might be nice for a Nephandus but that do not mean you should trust him and the same go for Miss Clearwater she is a prisoner facing the worst of punishments she will say and do anything to escape and she is Fallen she will want the world destroyed."

Serge made a conscious effort not to look back at Cadence. He didn't need her to think that he was spying on her or using her for information. "I know she is genuinely sad about upsetting her Mentor. And with the fear she had and her Mentor next to her I doubt she would have been able to lie all to effectively. But I didn't really look that deep into her words to see if she was being honest with them. I sorta just let her talked freely. She's so scared, I didn't want her to think I was analyzing her every word."

"That is perfectly understandable Mr Yager you where comforting your friend and not interrogating her and the young woman have every reason to be terrified."
He said and shivered slightly.
"I will have a talk with Miss Clearwater about this information and I will determine how truthful she is then I do agree she do seam to honestly still care about her Mentor...perhaps that would stop her from lying when the honorable old Chorister where right there but I will look into the truthfulness of her words."
The Flambeau declared.

Serge glanced over at Deaconess O'Conner as well, looking at the oily black cat in an new light.

The kittens where playing with the ruffles on the Deaconess' blouse. Jeffry glanced in that direction and sigh.
"One more problem."

"Please be nice to her when you speak to her sir. I doubt she knows anymore than I've told you and I doubt asking her for more information on her Nephandi life will help with her emotional state. " Serge said not wanting to put Cadence under more scrutiny.

"I will be as gentle with Miss Clearwater as I can Mr Yager but remember this is an important situation I might have to ask her questions she will find uncomfortable, I have no desire to cause the young woman more distress than need be though."
Jeffry said firmly.

"Couldn't we get some Adept's and Master's of Spirit and Mind to analyze the cat or something?" Serge suggested naively.

"We can and I plan to do just that when Deaconess O'Conner will let me at her new pets."
The old Hermetic said and frowned again.

"Cult of Ecstasy" Serge said simply glancing down at his ring.

Martha nodded at that.
"I should have noticed you ring..."
She commented absented minded.

"Yeah that's right." Serge said confirming Martha's thoughts.

"I see...you can call me Martha..."
The woman muttered sadly.

"All right this is some good stuff." Serge said as he began to draw the Prelati according to Martha's description. "Asian.....above average height....well-toned but lean.....noble captains aura.....scar eye to jaw.....thin lips....sharp nose.....large non-asian eyes.....short black hair.....lady suit and heel and a diamond stud in her lip. Anything else?" Serge muttered to himself as he drew on the page and created his own mental image of the Prelati.

Martha looked at the drawing.
"That is pretty close, her nose is a little thinner and she use some gel or something in her hair, the good stuff that make it a bit spiky but still looking classy you know."
She commented and pointed.
"But yeah that is pretty much exactly her."

Colin:

Colin grinned wryly, "Interference with peoples' phone calls? That thing is likely to interfere with electronic games, people working from their homes, even watching movies and the like on phones and the like. It's almost guaranteed some Sleeper, probably several, will notice disrupted service and complain."

"Why would someone watch movies on their phone or play games on it, are it not for letters and phone calls Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked and he sounded dumbfounded at such silliness.
"In either case I do get your point, so you think this bothersome spirit will not stay for to long...well we are anyway going to have to be careful in the meantime and I would prefer not to get the Union involved in this mess as well."
He said and his eyes darkened at the mention of the Technocracy. Jeffry Morgan was not the Union's biggest fan.

He nodded, "A quite noble Lady of a recycling plant wanted to take my face as collateral when i promised to do what I could to save her child from Abigail... Obviously, I managed to persuade her to take something else - one of my monocles, freshly broken, in fact - but it could have gotten... quite messy. I don't think she realized how important my face being where it is is to my continued existence.

Freddy's eyes narrowed a bit.
"You do keep getting yourself into trouble love...just so you know your pretty face is all mine."
She said and kissed you on the cheek.
"However that is part of what I was saying the spirit probably did not know that taking your face would kill you, she just do not understand how human beings work, they can be very alien and that can create dangerous misunderstandings."

Which brings me to another point - could you look into surveillance footage at a certain recycling plant in Gary, Chicago? I need to report some illicit dumping there, and having some video of the misdeeds would be useful. Once you can see to work, of course."

"Yeah sure, as soon as I can see properly again I will get on that, do you have a name for the plant love or anything else I can use to identify it with? Any other information that might be useful when looking into the matter?"
Freddy asked.
"Is this for the spirit who wanted to take your face? She do not still want a bit of your flesh do she?"

He shrugged, "You already told me a lot - you were on the serum for an extended period of time first. Other speculations... not in public."

Freddy nodded at that and glanced around uneasy.
"Yeah I prefer to speak about this in private anyway."
She said clearly not enjoying the discussion.

He nodded, hugging her close, "I know, luv... I understand... Anna is the same way. I think, though, there's another way. How much do you trust, say, your uncle's skills? A good teleporter, who knows the exact locations of the clumping, might be able to extricate it without any further damage..."

"I trust my uncle's skills he is a very good teleporter but even for a Master of the Art taking something out of a brain and getting it out without harming the surrounding tissue is not a easy task and when that thing is Primium...that can quickly go very, very wrong."
The Virtual Adept muttered she was clearly afraid at the thought but she was trying to hide it.
"I guess we are going to have to see how bad it is first though, no need to worry...before we know right."
She said and drew a few deep breaths to calm herself but she was holding onto you rather tightly.

He nodded, "In that timeline, she was on the serum for... much too long. Months, at least.

"Poor thing, that can not have been easy on her..."
Freddy muttered.

I have found an... alternative, one which is both safer than handcuffs and less invasive than the serum. Whether or not I can persuade the owners to temporarily part with it, though... it's sort of an intimate issue.

"I see I hope you can talk the owners of this alternative into parting with it then...but what if you can not do so, if the serum is dangerous you can't put the girl on it for that long."
The Virtual Adept said and shook her head.

And yes, we need Dr. Lee's help here. I should get a scan, as should young Kyle. There's enough of the, hm, catalyst to go around."

Freddy sigh and nodded.
"Yeah it is better to find out if something is wrong...alright...ok what if I speak with Dr Lee and you speak with young Kyle and Master Morgan and talk them into it as well?"
She said and she was trying to cover her nervousness though action instead.

He grinned, "Fishing for treats, are we? I'll see when I can pick some up."

"I am completely innocent however let me just say that there is always a good time for green cakes."
Freddy said and grinned.
"But yes saving the world first then cake."
Jareth made a hoot he did not want to be forgotten in a discussion about treats.

He chuckled, leaning in to whisper in her ear, "Crazier than most... Larson's Labyrinth is a Battlecruiser. So I will sneak in and bribe the Handler with a copy of Dune and a block of Melange - some sort of Norwegian margarine, courtesy of Mr. Bergen. Divide and conquer."

Freddy's eyes widened a bit.
"That...will either be brilliant if it actually works or really really stupid you know."
She said.
"Also this Handler would not she be rather powerful?"
She whispered back to you.

(OOC: Yeah a simple roll to see how the drawing to should probably be done and that is three successes so that is a pretty good likeness.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next