Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:12 pm

"Excellent Mr Yager, I think cardboard is best as that will stand up to a bit of play before falling apart."
Richard said.
"Ehm...yeah ehm...the request was a princess with cat ears and pink hair...and yes I do know how odd this sounds."
He said sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Awesome, she has an imagination." Serge said excitedly wondering what other aspect a cat princess would have,

"Hmmm do you think she'd want a cat tail as well or just cat ears? Perhaps a bowtie on said tail." Serge asked.

"Yeah I have seen Jane make things or draw things all the time so it is a good chance she have some cardboard, if not then Miss Olson might have some she was making signs for a rotest march she was a part of a about a week ago or so."
Richard said.
"That sounds good make sure the little ones do not hurt themselves with the scissors though."

"Sure thing I'll ask her. I kinda want to avoid waking up Ms. Olsen or stealing her things while she's asleep." Serge said.

"That is correct, I am bribing a young girl she is about Jane's age plus or minus a year or two it is hard to say for sure."
Richard said and sigh.
"The Chief have ordered me to get a sample of this child's blood however she have just arrived here, bought as an apprentice and she is scared."
He said then he lowered his voice so whoever he was with would not hear.
"She was outright refusing and I do not want to want to have to have her held down, even if I numb her skin so she feels nothing that ight be very traumatic so I used the best tool of pedriatric medicine...bribery and asked her if there was any toy she would want that could entrice her to cooperate with me, and she wanted a princess paper doll with cat ears and pink hair with a wardrobe of dresses...and I thought you might be able to make this bribe happen if you have the time that is Mr Yager."
The doctor explained.

"Oh.....it is for a little girl." Serge said not expecting to be right with that answer, at least not expecting the whole 'I need your blood' part of the bribery.

"Anyways yeah I can make the cat girl and her wardrobe of clothing. With Jane and Liv here it should be a lot faster to cut them out. Your pediatric medicine is coming right up!" Serge said with a smile that Richard couldn't see.

"Where should I bring it after I'm done?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Anja's Post:

'I can understand a little what they mean... I mean, how can you tell if an engine's running right if you can't hear it?' Nicole replied, clearly more curious to how he got round that than a straight up "you can't do it". Realising a second after saying that perhaps it would be rude to ask that.

'Yeah... if you could have a word with this Tovassi guy, it'll be most appreciated. I've got the forms; union card, Michigan certified, sure my previous in Detroit will vouch for me. If needs be, point out that having me there will get him more business.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Serge:

"Awesome, she has an imagination." Serge said excitedly wondering what other aspect a cat princess would have,

"Hmmm do you think she'd want a cat tail as well or just cat ears? Perhaps a bowtie on said tail." Serge asked.

"One moment and I will ask her."
Richard said and he spoke with someone else in the room.
"Ehm yes she says she says the princess should have a bushy pink cat tail but no bow."
The doctor said and it sounded like it was lost on him how bizarre it was to discuss the tails of cat girl paper dolls in the middle of a war situation.

"Sure thing I'll ask her. I kinda want to avoid waking up Ms. Olsen or stealing her things while she's asleep." Serge said.

"No just stealing Miss Olsen's things would be most rude and if she is sleeping it is best not to wake her, asking young Jane if she have some cardboard is probably best then."
The doctor agreed.

"Oh.....it is for a little girl." Serge said not expecting to be right with that answer, at least not expecting the whole 'I need your blood' part of the bribery.

"Anyways yeah I can make the cat girl and her wardrobe of clothing. With Jane and Liv here it should be a lot faster to cut them out. Your pediatric medicine is coming right up!" Serge said with a smile that Richard couldn't see.

"Thank you Mr Yager I owe you one."
Richard said and he sounded quite grateful that a proper bribe would be made so he would not have to restrain the young girl.

"Where should I bring it after I'm done?"

"Just wait in Miss Olsen's room, I will tell the girl her doll is being made and get her blood, deliver that to our dowser and then bring the girl upstairs, it will be safer for her there than down here where Master Morgan is organizing a war council."
The Akashic instructed.
"Again thank you for this."

Nicole:

'I can understand a little what they mean... I mean, how can you tell if an engine's running right if you can't hear it?' Nicole replied, clearly more curious to how he got round that than a straight up "you can't do it". Realising a second after saying that perhaps it would be rude to ask that.

"It is completely understandable to want to see what an mechanic can do, they be men, women or anything in between however the problem is that many...those with disabilities, woman and quite a few others are never given a chance to show what we can do, and that is a problem, an employer who asked for a demonstration though that would be completely ok."
Lars commented.

Yeah... if you could have a word with this Tovassi guy, it'll be most appreciated. I've got the forms; union card, Michigan certified, sure my previous in Detroit will vouch for me. If needs be, point out that having me there will get him more business.'

Lars nodded at that.
"I buy allot of parts from the guy so I am pretty sure he will listen to me so I will tell him I am sending a good mechanic his way and talk him out of being old fashioned."
The other Etherite agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Anja's Post:

'I'll owe you more than a beer if you can do that last one.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Well, better get on... don't want to disappoint those waiting for us, eh?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

"One moment and I will ask her."
Richard said and he spoke with someone else in the room.
"Ehm yes she says she says the princess should have a bushy pink cat tail but no bow."
The doctor said and it sounded like it was lost on him how bizarre it was to discuss the tails of cat girl paper dolls in the middle of a war situation.

"All right coming right up." Serge said chuckling slightly at the strange questions he was making Dr. Lee ask.

"No just stealing Miss Olsen's things would be most rude and if she is sleeping it is best not to wake her, asking young Jane if she have some cardboard is probably best then."
The doctor agreed.
"Thank you Mr Yager I owe you one."
Richard said and he sounded quite grateful that a proper bribe would be made so he would not have to restrain the young girl.
"Just wait in Miss Olsen's room, I will tell the girl her doll is being made and get her blood, deliver that to our dowser and then bring the girl upstairs, it will be safer for her there than down here where Master Morgan is organizing a war council."
The Akashic instructed.
"Again thank you for this."

"No problem. We all have to do our part to help. No matter how strange our part might be." Serge said before listening to the doctors final words and hanging up the phone.

Looking back at Jane, Serge said, "So girls, it seems that our next task has already been assigned to us. We are tasked by Dr. Lee to create a pink-haired cat girl princess paper doll. We have to make the princess and a wardrobe of clothing from cardboard."

"I'll draw the princess and we can all draw some dresses for her. I'll also need your help to cut everything out." Serge asked the two girls.

"I'll also need some cardboard, colored pencils, and scissors. You think you can hook me up Jane?" Serge said with a smile, imagining the young chorister as a sort of arms dealer for art supplies.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 pm

"Ah perhaps you would have done well as a servant of the Dark Mother."
Dalisse said with a slight smile.
Colin smiled sadly, "I'm afraid I lost my inclination for worship before I found magic. It's the sort of thing that can happen in war... And after finding magic, I've encountered beings that could be deemed gods, even been mistaken for one... I might as well admit to believing in the mailman."

"Ah yes I have read that series it is good actually it is a shame it have not been republished for years and have become lost to a few childhood memories and the collections of Norwegian science fiction fans."
The Handler said.
"Yes running into that ship would be most appriciated. And the series was called Krøniken om stjerneskipet Alexandria or the Chronicles of the star ship Alexandria."
She said and smiled.
"I have a rote that let me read any language I desire."
The Nephanda explained.
He nodded, "Sounds like the same series... Hum, that's a useful Rote. Presumably, it is purely under the domain of what is called the Sphere of Mind? Though I suppose something could be devised in the realm of Correspondence and Association..."

"I have heard of this cult of Lilith worshipers, especially among the Verbena...no I think today she would be left alone but back in the day her religion would not have been tolerated by the Order of Hermes, it is shame she have stayed with the Nephandi then."
Jeffry said. Dalissa glanced your your reaction over what you where saying.
He nodded, "I suspected things might be different today, yes... I will take the wait as an opportunity to learn."

Jeffry said nothing more but he hung up on the call. Dalisse nodded.
"I can invite your allies in through the wards yes, that I can do but other defenses not tied directly to the ship I have no control over."
He nodded, "It will do... I hope. Our people are capable, and being invited aboard should give them a very surprising advantage against Larson's loyal forces... more so if you can sneak them into position before discovery. I appreciated how you let me wait for a few moments while others wandered past the doors on my way here."

"I am sure something can be arranged Craftsman, if nothing else I can open a portal to physical reality that your group can evacuate out of."
Dalisse said.
He grinned, "Now there's going to be a few puzzled Traditionalists, being offered a favour from a great polyp's Handler like that..."

"Lilitu where according to legend Adam's first wife, though how much of Biblical history is true is hard to say. What the Verbena believe is that she was the first ever mage, the first mortal who where blessed with an Awakned Avatar, she is the first and greatest of the Wyck, the first magi, and the Celestine who created this world banished her to a wasteland for not obeying her male partner...how much is true of the legends is hard to say, but she is old, very, very old, and powerful and worthy of worship."
Dalisse said.
He nodded, "And then, according to some of the tales, she became the mother of monsters, or of demonkind... Hum, I can't say I would be liable to worship her - but I would certainly address her respectfully if at all, and provide any services properly bartered for."
He pondered, "Hum, I suppose it is quite plausible that the 'mother of monsters' part of the myth refers to an incredibly advanced skill with what is called the Spheres of Life, Mind, Spirit and Prime - a woman who literally created new life forms from scratch... and likely as not gestated them within herself, rather than artificially..."

"That is quite understandable Craftsman."
The Handler said and nodded.
He smiled, then pondered, "Hum, speaking of defenses... You were concerned the sand I brought might hurt you... I am not so sure - a few others have touched it, and experienced strong, full-sensory memories of better times when they felt safe and happy... It's supposed to be effective against the Fallen, but a merely Entropic Avatar... I don't honestly have any indication either way, just yet..."

((OOC: Home from the holidays. Was good, much food. Tomorrow, Doctor Who. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:26 am

Serge:

"All right coming right up." Serge said chuckling slightly at the strange questions he was making Dr. Lee ask.

"I am sure the young lady will appreciate it she was quite precise in her wishes."
Richard said sounding both embarrassed and amused.

"No problem. We all have to do our part to help. No matter how strange our part might be." Serge said before listening to the doctors final words and hanging up the phone.

"I guess we have to at that Mr Yager, I will talk to you soon then."
The doctor said before he hung up.

Looking back at Jane, Serge said, "So girls, it seems that our next task has already been assigned to us. We are tasked by Dr. Lee to create a pink-haired cat girl princess paper doll. We have to make the princess and a wardrobe of clothing from cardboard."

"I'll draw the princess and we can all draw some dresses for her. I'll also need your help to cut everything out." Serge asked the two girls.

"I'll also need some cardboard, colored pencils, and scissors. You think you can hook me up Jane?" Serge said with a smile, imagining the young chorister as a sort of arms dealer for art supplies.

Jane translated for Liv who replied something and Jane nodded.
"Off course we will help Sir. Liv says that paper dolls are fun, that she used to play with them when she lived in Norway. Why do Dr Lee need a paper doll though?"
The little girl asked then she nodded.
"I have some nice cardboard in my room Sir I was going to use it to draw flowers to cut out and hand in my window."
She explained.
"I can go and get the cardboard and my coloring stuff."
She offered and smiled.

Colin:

Colin smiled sadly, "I'm afraid I lost my inclination for worship before I found magic. It's the sort of thing that can happen in war... And after finding magic, I've encountered beings that could be deemed gods, even been mistaken for one... I might as well admit to believing in the mailman."

"That is understandable Craftsman, I think for me it is less the personage of the Dark Mother I worship though I know she exist, I doubt she care much for rites in her honor, it is the concept behind her and the path she have laid out that I follow."
Dalisse said then she frowned deeply.
"I believe in the mailman, the problem is that one of the Labyrinth members tend to kidnap, torture, rape and murder them and it is attracting a bit of attention so they have become rarer in the vicinity of our auto shop portal, most sloppy, most sloppy indeed."

He nodded, "Sounds like the same series... Hum, that's a useful Rote. Presumably, it is purely under the domain of what is called the Sphere of Mind? Though I suppose something could be devised in the realm of Correspondence and Association..."

"Mind? Correspondence?"
Dalisse asked then she seamed to remember something.
"Ah yes I have heard some of our younger members who have defected from the Traditions speak about that but I do not know the system well enough to say. I use the old Hermetic arts and techniques system, I learned the rote when I was a Hermetic and then it is Muto Mentem, not Intelligo, Muto since you are changing your own mind to understand different languages, there is also a rote using Intelligo that let you draw in understanding from books and understand what is written even if you can not read the text."
She explained.

He nodded, "I suspected things might be different today, yes... I will take the wait as an opportunity to learn."

"That might indeed be wise Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed.

He nodded, "It will do... I hope. Our people are capable, and being invited aboard should give them a very surprising advantage against Larson's loyal forces... more so if you can sneak them into position before discovery. I appreciated how you let me wait for a few moments while others wandered past the doors on my way here."

"If it is possible I will do so, I see every hallway, every eye are my eye every ear of the ship are my ears every bit of flesh are my skin."
The Handler said.
"And if I had not done what you mentioned you would have been captured and then your fate would be a grim one."

He grinned, "Now there's going to be a few puzzled Traditionalists, being offered a favour from a great polyp's Handler like that..."

"Yes I suspect they might be surprised, no matter the portal will be prepared."

He nodded, "And then, according to some of the tales, she became the mother of monsters, or of demonkind... Hum, I can't say I would be liable to worship her - but I would certainly address her respectfully if at all, and provide any services properly bartered for."

"In a way she is a mother of monsters, they say, though I can not attest to the truth of it that she was the one chosen by the Celestine Gaia to carry the first litter of werewolves, and we know she had a hand in the creation of vampires though she can not be given the entire blame for that, the hubris of man and a nasty Celestine have more of the blame."
Dalisse said and she nodded.
"Showing a Goddess respect is always wise, do not let your sleeper friends look upon her face though, they say that sleepers fall dead to the group if ever they look into the black eyes of the Wyck, overwhelmed by the power they see there."

He pondered, "Hum, I suppose it is quite plausible that the 'mother of monsters' part of the myth refers to an incredibly advanced skill with what is called the Spheres of Life, Mind, Spirit and Prime - a woman who literally created new life forms from scratch... and likely as not gestated them within herself, rather than artificially..."

"Oh the Dark Mother can create life at a whim that is known but she also enjoy fucking just about every God, demon or monster that comes her way so that she might have produced some unusual offspring is actually rather likely."
The Handler said sounding amused.
"And then there are the bloody vampire incident..."

He smiled, then pondered, "Hum, speaking of defenses... You were concerned the sand I brought might hurt you... I am not so sure - a few others have touched it, and experienced strong, full-sensory memories of better times when they felt safe and happy... It's supposed to be effective against the Fallen, but a merely Entropic Avatar... I don't honestly have any indication either way, just yet..."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"I guess there is one way to find out, yes I was concerned but at the same time I feel drawn to that sand...with your permission then?"
She asked and looked at you.

Nicole:

'I'll owe you more than a beer if you can do that last one.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'Well, better get on... don't want to disappoint those waiting for us, eh?'

"Well if I manage to talk the old man into it then we can discuss it I am sure I can need help with one of my machines at some point, at times putting them together is a two man job."
Lars said then he sigh.
"Yeah I guess you are right, it is time to prepare for battle, bloody Nephandi you have no idea how much more I want to just work in my shop than go to war, but I guess we all must do our part."
He said and frowned then he headed towards the stairs to the main part of the Chantry, waiting for you to come along as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 am

Jane translated for Liv who replied something and Jane nodded.
"Off course we will help Sir. Liv says that paper dolls are fun, that she used to play with them when she lived in Norway. Why do Dr Lee need a paper doll though?"

"It seems that we'll be getting a new friend up here soon. She's apparently younger than you. Dr. Lee asked me to make a...gift for her. He wasn't clear on the specifics." Serge said, deciding that the girls didn't need to know all of the bloody details.

The little girl asked then she nodded.
"I have some nice cardboard in my room Sir I was going to use it to draw flowers to cut out and hand in my window."
She explained.
"I can go and get the cardboard and my coloring stuff."
She offered and smiled.

"That would be incredibly helpful, thank you Jane. I can go with you. Mr. Roth Hicks wouldn't like it if I let you roam around by yourself." Serge said with a nod.

"You can tell me what types of dresses to make along the way."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:22 am

"It seems that we'll be getting a new friend up here soon. She's apparently younger than you. Dr. Lee asked me to make a...gift for her. He wasn't clear on the specifics." Serge said, deciding that the girls didn't need to know all of the bloody details.

"Oh that is wonderful news Sir, I do want a new friend, I hope she can stay, perhaps one of the older magi are getting an apprentice."
Jane said enthusiastically and she clapped her hands together happily.
"We will make her a good gift then, probably Dr Lee want an arcane connection to her so that if the Technocracy kidnap her we can find her and save her. He took one from me when I got here, and that can be a little scary as the best arcane connection is blood."
Jane said and nodded.
"But Dr Lee is a very good doctor so it should not be a problem."

"That would be incredibly helpful, thank you Jane. I can go with you. Mr. Roth Hicks wouldn't like it if I let you roam around by yourself." Serge said with a nod.

"Ok Mr Yager."
The young Chorister said and nodded then she exchanged a few words with Liv and turned to you.
"Liv asks if she should stay here and watch over Miss Olsen Sir, she says she have tended to her Mentor several times when he have gotten injured in battle."
She said and Liv looked at you for direction.

"You can tell me what types of dresses to make along the way."

Jane nodded she took your hand and headed for the door.
"She must have some really big and pretty ones since she is a princess and she need some armor and a sword so that if someone attack her kingdom and kidnaps the prince she can beat them up and save him."
The little girl declared happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:01 am

"Oh that is wonderful news Sir, I do want a new friend, I hope she can stay, perhaps one of the older magi are getting an apprentice."
Jane said enthusiastically and she clapped her hands together happily.
"We will make her a good gift then, probably Dr Lee want an arcane connection to her so that if the Technocracy kidnap her we can find her and save her. He took one from me when I got here, and that can be a little scary as the best arcane connection is blood."
Jane said and nodded.
"But Dr Lee is a very good doctor so it should not be a problem."

"Wow! That's probably it. Your really smart Jane!" Serge said, amused that Jane had figured out the true purpose of the gift so quickly. Although she didn't know precisely what the blood was needed for.

In fact....Serge didn't know either. He had failed to ask Dr. Lee that information and the most he knew was that the girl's blood was being used to dowse for someone.

"Wait....who are they dowsing for with arcane connections from a child. Is it someone close to her? Or maybe a family member? Maybe she's the daughter to one of the Nephandi?" Serge thought to himself.

"Ok Mr Yager."
The young Chorister said and nodded then she exchanged a few words with Liv and turned to you.
"Liv asks if she should stay here and watch over Miss Olsen Sir, she says she have tended to her Mentor several times when he have gotten injured in battle."
She said and Liv looked at you for direction.

Serge looked uneasy as he glanced between Rosa and Liv. He didn't want to leave Liv by herself....but then again he didn't want to leave an unconscious Rosa by herself either. He doubted that their would be any attack especially on two random girls in a heavily guarded chantry, but then again he never expected someone's hand to blow up either.

"I think that's a fine idea. Rosa needs someone to look after her while she's like this. We won't be gone long but tell her to be careful anyways." Serge finally decided. He pondered the idea of placing his art trap within the room but decided against it. Liv could accidentally trigger the trap and in a heavily guarded chantry it was an unnecessary precaution regardless.

Jane nodded she took your hand and headed for the door.
"She must have some really big and pretty ones since she is a princess and she need some armor and a sword so that if someone attack her kingdom and kidnaps the prince she can beat them up and save him."
The little girl declared happily.

"All right big pretty dresses, battle armor, and weaponry. I think I can do that. How about some big fancy hats? They can have holes in them so that the princess can still wear them while despite her cat ears." Serge said as he let the little girl drag him along.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 am

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then went back to the car. An annoyed grunt as she lifted the crate - from the looks of it, an old-school wooden footlocker - out of it, placing it down on the floor. Grabbed what clearly was a soft rifle bag, slung it over her shoulder. Then hefted up the footlocker and began to carry it towards the door with some difficulty.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 am

Serge:

"Wow! That's probably it. Your really smart Jane!" Serge said, amused that Jane had figured out the true purpose of the gift so quickly. Although she didn't know precisely what the blood was needed for.

In fact....Serge didn't know either. He had failed to ask Dr. Lee that information and the most he knew was that the girl's blood was being used to dowse for someone.

"Wait....who are they dowsing for with arcane connections from a child. Is it someone close to her? Or maybe a family member? Maybe she's the daughter to one of the Nephandi?" Serge thought to himself.

"It is important to draw two and two together that is what my Mentor says, to read what is not said. But yes getting an arcane connection is probably it, you should get one taken as well Sir and give it to someone you really, really trust, you can just the drop of blood in your bandage, or your favorite pensil or anything close to you for if something happens then that makes it allot easier for the rest of us to find you."
Jane said and nodded.

Serge looked uneasy as he glanced between Rosa and Liv. He didn't want to leave Liv by herself....but then again he didn't want to leave an unconscious Rosa by herself either. He doubted that their would be any attack especially on two random girls in a heavily guarded chantry, but then again he never expected someone's hand to blow up either.

"I think that's a fine idea. Rosa needs someone to look after her while she's like this. We won't be gone long but tell her to be careful anyways." Serge finally decided. He pondered the idea of placing his art trap within the room but decided against it. Liv could accidentally trigger the trap and in a heavily guarded chantry it was an unnecessary precaution regardless.

Jane spoke to Liv in Latin and the young Hermetic nodded in agreement and said something back.
"She says she will stay wille Miss Olsen Sir and for you to please not worry about her if anything happens she will promise to scream like a banshee and she have a spell to amplify her voice so she will be heard."
The little Chorister said the two girls had clearly sensed your hesitation about leaving Liv and Rosa alone.

"All right big pretty dresses, battle armor, and weaponry. I think I can do that. How about some big fancy hats? They can have holes in them so that the princess can still wear them while despite her cat ears." Serge said as he let the little girl drag him along.

"That would be so cute Sir with hats that the princess can have her cat ears out of."
Jane said as she lead the way to her room.
"Do you want to see my collection of drawing stuff Mr Yager?"
The girl said and she ran over to the biggest rawer in her desk, from the drawer she pulled out a paw of cardboard and several boxes of colors, felt tips, crayons and the like clearly proud to show off her collection, she even had some color changing ink pens and a large bucket of color pencils.
"I got this one for last Christmas by the mages at the Chantry."
Jane said and she pointed at the bucket which had been a collective present.

Nicole:

A nod to this, then went back to the car. An annoyed grunt as she lifted the crate - from the looks of it, an old-school wooden footlocker - out of it, placing it down on the floor. Grabbed what clearly was a soft rifle bag, slung it over her shoulder. Then hefted up the footlocker and began to carry it towards the door with some difficulty.

You got back in to the cafeteria there was a pretty big commotion there as magi from several Chantries was gathered for the task ahead.
"Miss Bouchard...do you have a moment?"
The man you think was named Riez asked, he was a handsome Hispanic or Italian man, nicely dressed in a black suit. Lars looked at you and smiled.
"I will excuse myself then Miss Nicole and see if there is any coffee to find around here."
The Etherite said.
"Thank you for the conversation."
He added and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:25 am

"That is understandable Craftsman, I think for me it is less the personage of the Dark Mother I worship though I know she exist, I doubt she care much for rites in her honor, it is the concept behind her and the path she have laid out that I follow."
Dalisse said then she frowned deeply.
"I believe in the mailman, the problem is that one of the Labyrinth members tend to kidnap, torture, rape and murder them and it is attracting a bit of attention so they have become rarer in the vicinity of our auto shop portal, most sloppy, most sloppy indeed."
Colin sighed, "Probably Diego shitting his own nest. Again. The man got beaten and thrown out of the Chicago Labyrinth for trying to rape Gabriel's apprentice; he doesn't seem to have learned that his indulgences have consequences..."

"Mind? Correspondence?"
Dalisse asked then she seamed to remember something.
"Ah yes I have heard some of our younger members who have defected from the Traditions speak about that but I do not know the system well enough to say. I use the old Hermetic arts and techniques system, I learned the rote when I was a Hermetic and then it is Muto Mentem, not Intelligo, Muto since you are changing your own mind to understand different languages, there is also a rote using Intelligo that let you draw in understanding from books and understand what is written even if you can not read the text."
She explained.
He nodded, "I am none too familiar with the old Hermetic style - but I have read up on how the modern Traditions divide magic into nine Spheres: Correspondence, which pertains to location, distance and association; it is what is used to locate people and things beyond your line of sight, teleport to the other side of the planet, and for that matter to bring people together or tear them apart... Hum, it occurs to me that would make for a hell of a blessing for a pair of wedding rings... Anyway, then there's Entropy, pertaining to fate, chance and the process of decay in everything, there's Forces, which is essentially everything involving physics, from sensing a fire to meddling with gravity, there's Life, which concerns, well, everything related to living flesh... let's see... Matter pertains to everything concerning inanimate matter - the rugs in here as opposed to the ship itself - and Mind is the Sphere, well... it's rather self-explanatory. Prime is the Sphere covering the raw manipulation of Quintessence, crucial for creating things and for countering the magic of others'. Spirit is the Sphere governing both dealing with spirits and gods, and traveling the Umbra. It makes some sense to put them together, but aside from not being able to unsee spirits, I think my talents with it will prove stronger in the travel department than in controlling spirits. Finally, Time governs the passage of time - and the manipulation thereof. I have enjoyed the application of it on my person of late - getting a few days of rest in the span of hours, courtesy of a quite pleasant Lich. As you can obviously tell, the old Muto and Intelligo techniques are not inherent components of the newer system devised to encompass several other Traditions, though I've seen some younger Hermetics still cheerfully using the old style."
He smiled thinly, "Personally, for my own work, I am drifting closer to bundling some of these Spheres together to encompass inseparable aspects of Reality - Matter and Energy are just two sides of the same coin - Physics - and Time, Spirit and Correspondence are all aspects of Motion or Travel..."

"If it is possible I will do so, I see every hallway, every eye are my eye every ear of the ship are my ears every bit of flesh are my skin."
The Handler said.
"And if I had not done what you mentioned you would have been captured and then your fate would be a grim one."
He nodded, "It most likely would have led to an unpleasant fate, yes... Then again, I might have managed to use my emergency getaway in time... I would not count on that, though."

"In a way she is a mother of monsters, they say, though I can not attest to the truth of it that she was the one chosen by the Celestine Gaia to carry the first litter of werewolves, and we know she had a hand in the creation of vampires though she can not be given the entire blame for that, the hubris of man and a nasty Celestine have more of the blame."
Dalisse said and she nodded.
"Showing a Goddess respect is always wise, do not let your sleeper friends look upon her face though, they say that sleepers fall dead to the group if ever they look into the black eyes of the Wyck, overwhelmed by the power they see there."
He nodded, "I would not drag any Sleepers to see a deity, let alone look her in the eyes... I would probably try to avoid meeting her gaze, myself, in fact, owing to that warning... "

"Oh the Dark Mother can create life at a whim that is known but she also enjoy fucking just about every God, demon or monster that comes her way so that she might have produced some unusual offspring is actually rather likely."
The Handler said sounding amused.
"And then there are the bloody vampire incident..."
He frowned, "Well, I suppose everyone needs a hobby. I wonder, though, why there aren't any gods you hear of who enjoy something simple like collecting leaves or coins or something?"
He arched an eyebrow, "As for vampires, I know they're an infections little bunch - I've met a few under... trying circumstances for them - but I'll admit I don't know much about their origins. I did hear someone mention they are the descendants of the biblical Cain, who slew his brother Abel. The... stepchildren of Lilith, after a fashion?"

Dalisse nodded at that.
"I guess there is one way to find out, yes I was concerned but at the same time I feel drawn to that sand...with your permission then?"
She asked and looked at you.
He nodded, "If I see you react negatively, I will reach out to brush any sand off your fingertips. I will be as gentle as possible, but I cannot promise I won't bruise you in the process... But i did unpack the sand so you might examine it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Colin sighed, "Probably Diego shitting his own nest. Again. The man got beaten and thrown out of the Chicago Labyrinth for trying to rape Gabriel's apprentice; he doesn't seem to have learned that his indulgences have consequences..."

"No not Diego this time though the man is a...rat, who come to the Nephandi to have his own vices accepted...but no the one who have kidnapped our mailmen are another young Nephandi woman."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, "I am none too familiar with the old Hermetic style - but I have read up on how the modern Traditions divide magic into nine Spheres: Correspondence, which pertains to location, distance and association; it is what is used to locate people and things beyond your line of sight, teleport to the other side of the planet, and for that matter to bring people together or tear them apart... Hum, it occurs to me that would make for a hell of a blessing for a pair of wedding rings...

"An apply named...what did you call it Craftsman? Sphere then, and yes power over the connections between individuals would make for a good blessing or curse for a pair of wedding rings indeed."

Anyway, then there's Entropy, pertaining to fate, chance and the process of decay in everything, there's Forces, which is essentially everything involving physics, from sensing a fire to meddling with gravity, there's Life, which concerns, well, everything related to living flesh... let's see... Matter pertains to everything concerning inanimate matter - the rugs in here as opposed to the ship itself - and Mind is the Sphere, well... it's rather self-explanatory. Prime is the Sphere covering the raw manipulation of Quintessence, crucial for creating things and for countering the magic of others'. Spirit is the Sphere governing both dealing with spirits and gods, and traveling the Umbra. It makes some sense to put them together, but aside from not being able to unsee spirits, I think my talents with it will prove stronger in the travel department than in controlling spirits. Finally, Time governs the passage of time - and the manipulation thereof. I have enjoyed the application of it on my person of late - getting a few days of rest in the span of hours, courtesy of a quite pleasant Lich. As you can obviously tell, the old Muto and Intelligo techniques are not inherent components of the newer system devised to encompass several other Traditions, though I've seen some younger Hermetics still cheerfully using the old style."

"One of the old mystery schools of Egypt spoke of nine funaments of reality though it is a system I am not trained it...this seams like a workable way to seperate reality into system though to me it sounds more like a ranking system than a Paradigm."
"Most interesting."

He smiled thinly, "Personally, for my own work, I am drifting closer to bundling some of these Spheres together to encompass inseparable aspects of Reality - Matter and Energy are just two sides of the same coin - Physics - and Time, Spirit and Correspondence are all aspects of Motion or Travel..."

"Hum...well I can not claim enough knowledge o this system to advice you on this Craftsman but whatever works best for you, and for a way for you to understand reality around you."
The Nephanda said.

He nodded, "It most likely would have led to an unpleasant fate, yes... Then again, I might have managed to use my emergency getaway in time... I would not count on that, though."

"That would have been good if you had been able to escape in such a way yes, this Labyrinth is not kind to prisoners."
She said darkly.

He nodded, "I would not drag any Sleepers to see a deity, let alone look her in the eyes... I would probably try to avoid meeting her gaze, myself, in fact, owing to that warning... "

"That would probably be wise then again Craftsman perhaps it is in the eyes of the very first of us you can first the greatest of enlightenment."
The strange creature said with a most peculiar smile.

He frowned, "Well, I suppose everyone needs a hobby. I wonder, though, why there aren't any gods you hear of who enjoy something simple like collecting leaves or coins or something?"

"The Nordic Goddess Idun grow apples, The Greek Go Pan likes to cultivate vine mytology are full of histories of Gods with surprisingly human traits and hobbies."
The Handler said and smiled.

He arched an eyebrow, "As for vampires, I know they're an infections little bunch - I've met a few under... trying circumstances for them - but I'll admit I don't know much about their origins. I did hear someone mention they are the descendants of the biblical Cain, who slew his brother Abel. The... stepchildren of Lilith, after a fashion?"

"What I was told about the matter from the Cult I joined and from fractions of manuscripts I have found and read during my long life...once Cain had killed his brother he was cursed and banished to the land of Nod, a terrible wasteland where nothing would grow...a terrible punishment however had it been accented humbly Cain could have lived and died as a mortal man, you see the Celestine who cursed him likes for a man to damn himself...one day as he was near death Cain was found by the Dark Mother who in her loneliness took him to her dwelling she fed him and clothed him and gave him every comfort and for a while the two lost ones found some happiness together. Cain was always a prideful an though and it smarted him to be provided for by another and one day he asked the Dark Mother how come in a land where nothing grew she always had enough to eat, how fine fabrics covered her from, how she had built her dwelling and the Wyck told the damned one of her powers. From that day Cain was like a man possessed he wished to learn the Dark Mother's craft so he could provide for himself and he begged her to Awaken him. Long the Dark Mother resisted for she feared what the curse placed on her lover would do to him if his soul where to spring to consciousness, but Cain persisted in his pleas and demands and because she had great love for him eventually the Dark Mother agreed and she lead Cain on the path of Awakening."
Dalisse said and she spoke in a soft, allmost tender voice.
"Cain would have been the first non Wyck mage, the first mortal to Awaken and for a moment of perfect rapture he was, but there in the grip of his first Epiphany the Celestine's curse activated and an messenger of the same being came to deliver it's judgment, cursing him to feel only pain and fear and death at the touch of the sun and fire, and to crave only blood, and Cain's perfect Avatar, a Faunt then like mine once was, twisted and mutated becoming mockery of what it was supposed to be, turning it's host into a half living being from nightmares, and that is how the children of Cain became our unfortunate and malformed cousins..."
She finished her tale.
"A shame really, but such is the way of Gods, they can be cruel."

He nodded, "If I see you react negatively, I will reach out to brush any sand off your fingertips. I will be as gentle as possible, but I cannot promise I won't bruise you in the process... But i did unpack the sand so you might examine it."

"I bruise as easy as the finest slik paper do not worry about it, perhaps a Navigator's thank would have kept me better."
The odd creature said then she looked at the sand with curiosity then she reached out and put her hand gently to the grains and she gasped.
"Ohh...I...I was but a slip of a girl, one of the first children of the Order, Lady Diedne's first apprentice where my teacher...he was a kindly old man, a Bonisagus, his beard where long and white and his robes stained with ink, he takes my hand as his other hand moved and then we step through the barriar between spirit and matter and I see the Umbra for the first time...so beautiful. They say I was born here aong spirits, that my mother wandered into a regio before giving birth that is why I am different...but the old Bonisagus he just wanted to amuse me, a simple spell to delight the apprentice of another magus at his Covenant...I...can feel his hand holding mine his skin where dry like parchment and his fingers long and fine, I can smell him, dirt, ink and paper, and the wonder of the spirit world is...like...oh my."
She whispered clearly shocked by the experience.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:31 pm

"No not Diego this time though the man is a...rat, who come to the Nephandi to have his own vices accepted...but no the one who have kidnapped our mailmen are another young Nephandi woman."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin frowned, "Hum... Perhaps the one I... met outside... I expect you saw that; I am not proud of how I killed her, but it was indeed the most expedient. I could not let her warn Larson of my approach, after all... Rest her soul..."

"An apply named...what did you call it Craftsman? Sphere then, and yes power over the connections between individuals would make for a good blessing or curse for a pair of wedding rings indeed."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I would not curse a pair of wedding rings with such magic. That would go entirely against every ounce of professional ethics I possess. Luck to ensure the wedding day goes well, and to turn aside dark times that might seek to tear them apart, yes, but not curses. I have read enough fantasy to suspect I would get very good at cursing, and would rather not get too much into such a habit. Besides, it would be bad for business, if I gained a reputation for selling cursed silver."

"One of the old mystery schools of Egypt spoke of nine funaments of reality though it is a system I am not trained it...this seams like a workable way to seperate reality into system though to me it sounds more like a ranking system than a Paradigm."
"Most interesting."
He nodded, "It is indeed a ranking system; the Traditions have their separate Paradigms, but the Sphere system is useful to evaluate each individual's personal skill and power within a field... Of course, one can gain early promotion in the ranks, leading to some confusion, but it is a working system for evaluating ability."

"Hum...well I can not claim enough knowledge o this system to advice you on this Craftsman but whatever works best for you, and for a way for you to understand reality around you."
The Nephanda said.
He nodded, "Whatever works is a quite functional attitude."

"That would have been good if you had been able to escape in such a way yes, this Labyrinth is not kind to prisoners."
She said darkly.
He nodded, "I might yet have made my escape from captivity, but it would not have been pleasant... not for anyone."

"That would probably be wise then again Craftsman perhaps it is in the eyes of the very first of us you can first the greatest of enlightenment."
The strange creature said with a most peculiar smile.
He smiled wryly, "In my previous life... well, 'too far, too quickly' is a suitable description. This time, I would prefer to take a little more time with my nose to the proverbial grindstone, I should think."
He touched a few fingers to his chest with a smile, "Well, there is one who might persuade me to hurry things up a little, but she was always more meticulous and cautious, I think, concerned with both long-term risk and benefit and short-term survival..."

"The Nordic Goddess Idun grow apples, The Greek Go Pan likes to cultivate vine mytology are full of histories of Gods with surprisingly human traits and hobbies."
The Handler said and smiled.
He grinned, "Touché. Though as I hear it, Pan has something of a troubling predilection for the fairer sex - of course, nowhere near that of Zeus, but still... Hum, speaking of Idun's apples, they were supposed to grant longevity, were they not? I've been wondering if there is any connection between her apple groves and the mystic isle of Avalon... the name translates to 'Apple Island', after all..."

"What I was told about the matter from the Cult I joined and from fractions of manuscripts I have found and read during my long life...once Cain had killed his brother he was cursed and banished to the land of Nod, a terrible wasteland where nothing would grow...a terrible punishment however had it been accented humbly Cain could have lived and died as a mortal man, you see the Celestine who cursed him likes for a man to damn himself...one day as he was near death Cain was found by the Dark Mother who in her loneliness took him to her dwelling she fed him and clothed him and gave him every comfort and for a while the two lost ones found some happiness together. Cain was always a prideful an though and it smarted him to be provided for by another and one day he asked the Dark Mother how come in a land where nothing grew she always had enough to eat, how fine fabrics covered her from, how she had built her dwelling and the Wyck told the damned one of her powers. From that day Cain was like a man possessed he wished to learn the Dark Mother's craft so he could provide for himself and he begged her to Awaken him. Long the Dark Mother resisted for she feared what the curse placed on her lover would do to him if his soul where to spring to consciousness, but Cain persisted in his pleas and demands and because she had great love for him eventually the Dark Mother agreed and she lead Cain on the path of Awakening."
Dalisse said and she spoke in a soft, allmost tender voice.
"Cain would have been the first non Wyck mage, the first mortal to Awaken and for a moment of perfect rapture he was, but there in the grip of his first Epiphany the Celestine's curse activated and an messenger of the same being came to deliver it's judgment, cursing him to feel only pain and fear and death at the touch of the sun and fire, and to crave only blood, and Cain's perfect Avatar, a Faunt then like mine once was, twisted and mutated becoming mockery of what it was supposed to be, turning it's host into a half living being from nightmares, and that is how the children of Cain became our unfortunate and malformed cousins..."
She finished her tale.
"A shame really, but such is the way of Gods, they can be cruel."
He frowned, "Yes, that certainly sounds like the God of the Old Testament... vindictive bastard, begging your pardon."
He paused, "Hum, speaking of the Old Testament, are you familiar with the name Moloch? It seems to have turned up again in more modern times..."

"I bruise as easy as the finest slik paper do not worry about it, perhaps a Navigator's thank would have kept me better."
The odd creature said then she looked at the sand with curiosity then she reached out and put her hand gently to the grains and she gasped.
"Ohh...I...I was but a slip of a girl, one of the first children of the Order, Lady Diedne's first apprentice where my teacher...he was a kindly old man, a Bonisagus, his beard where long and white and his robes stained with ink, he takes my hand as his other hand moved and then we step through the barriar between spirit and matter and I see the Umbra for the first time...so beautiful. They say I was born here aong spirits, that my mother wandered into a regio before giving birth that is why I am different...but the old Bonisagus he just wanted to amuse me, a simple spell to delight the apprentice of another magus at his Covenant...I...can feel his hand holding mine his skin where dry like parchment and his fingers long and fine, I can smell him, dirt, ink and paper, and the wonder of the spirit world is...like...oh my."
She whispered clearly shocked by the experience.
He smiled and gently reached out to lift Dalisse's hand away from the sand and brush the few grains off her fingertips, "Strong, good memories... but it will not do to be too distracted by the best parts of the past when the present is looming dangerously close. Hum... unless you have objections to it, I might discuss your story in closer detail with the old Diedne I know. I trust him quite well - with my own soul and life, in fact - though I would not insist on trusting him with yours without your consent..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:45 pm

"I broke a direct order from my superiors at my Chantry, you know as well as me that can not be tolerated, but I followed what I myself thought was right and I do not regret my actions." Nico said then they sigh. "But thank you for your kind words Mr Roth Hicks."

He frowned a little and gave a nod, gave her arm a pat and let them go.

"I am going to be fine however I will set up my phone to notice what position I am in, so that if I should fall it will notify Dr Lee." Narim said addressing your unspoken worries.

"Good, just in case, you know."

Narim just gave you a kind smile as he worked with getting his computer ready. Kristina spoke over the phone. "I am speaking using one of Mr Johnson's candles and I notice the flame flickering is there someone else there with you Adley?" The Verbena asked.

"There is yes, one moment," he said, then glanced between Narim and the bathroom questioningly, as if for permission, and pointed at the phone as he walked towards the bathroom and shut the door. "Is that better?"

// yay Dr Who! Glad you had a good holiday, Warp.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 pm

"It is important to draw two and two together that is what my Mentor says, to read what is not said. But yes getting an arcane connection is probably it, you should get one taken as well Sir and give it to someone you really, really trust, you can just the drop of blood in your bandage, or your favorite pensil or anything close to you for if something happens then that makes it allot easier for the rest of us to find you."
Jane said and nodded.

"Dr. Lee has already taken a bunch of blood from me. I think he has plenty" Serge said glancing at the cotton swab on his arm.

Jane spoke to Liv in Latin and the young Hermetic nodded in agreement and said something back.
"She says she will stay wille Miss Olsen Sir and for you to please not worry about her if anything happens she will promise to scream like a banshee and she have a spell to amplify her voice so she will be heard."
The little Chorister said the two girls had clearly sensed your hesitation about leaving Liv and Rosa alone.

"Now that sounds like a cool spell!" Serge said with a smile his hesitation decreasing slightly.

"If she thinks she can handle it than I'll let her. You girls are smart and I trust your judgement." Serge said with a smile.

"That would be so cute Sir with hats that the princess can have her cat ears out of."
Jane said as she lead the way to her room.
"Do you want to see my collection of drawing stuff Mr Yager?"
The girl said and she ran over to the biggest rawer in her desk, from the drawer she pulled out a paw of cardboard and several boxes of colors, felt tips, crayons and the like clearly proud to show off her collection, she even had some color changing ink pens and a large bucket of color pencils.
"I got this one for last Christmas by the mages at the Chantry."
Jane said and she pointed at the bucket which had been a collective present.

"Now that's a big collection of stuff! Do you use all of this stuff?" Serge said as he looked at all the art supplies in detail, clearly impressed with the size of the young girl's collection.

"I don't even have this much art stuff. You even got color changing ink! Damn I've always wanted to use these." the older artist said excitedly.

"This should be perfect! This is all of the stuff we need. Come on, we don't want to keep Liv waiting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Hum... Perhaps the one I... met outside... I expect you saw that; I am not proud of how I killed her, but it was indeed the most expedient. I could not let her warn Larson of my approach, after all... Rest her soul..."

"I noticed what happened to the guard but not she is not the one who have been going after the delivery men, there are quite a new who live here you know and more than one have rather unusual morals."
Dalisse said and glanced over at you.
"Why did you assume it was the guard?"

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I would not curse a pair of wedding rings with such magic. That would go entirely against every ounce of professional ethics I possess. Luck to ensure the wedding day goes well, and to turn aside dark times that might seek to tear them apart, yes, but not curses. I have read enough fantasy to suspect I would get very good at cursing, and would rather not get too much into such a habit. Besides, it would be bad for business, if I gained a reputation for selling cursed silver."

"Very fair I did not mean to suggjest that you should curse the rings you sell I just commented that it can be done with the magick you mentioned."
Dalisse said plainly.

He nodded, "It is indeed a ranking system; the Traditions have their separate Paradigms, but the Sphere system is useful to evaluate each individual's personal skill and power within a field... Of course, one can gain early promotion in the ranks, leading to some confusion, but it is a working system for evaluating ability."

"That sounds like a sensible system Craftsman when you have several groups working together some common language is important."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "Whatever works is a quite functional attitude."

She just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I might yet have made my escape from captivity, but it would not have been pleasant... not for anyone."

"Well hopefully then it will not come to that, though be prepared to hide if someone where to come into my chamber, I will give you as much forewarning as possible."

He smiled wryly, "In my previous life... well, 'too far, too quickly' is a suitable description. This time, I would prefer to take a little more time with my nose to the proverbial grindstone, I should think."
He touched a few fingers to his chest with a smile, "Well, there is one who might persuade me to hurry things up a little, but she was always more meticulous and cautious, I think, concerned with both long-term risk and benefit and short-term survival..."

"Your Avatar then Craftsman? You should listen to her. I remember the first time I heard the voice of mine, the first time I realized he is something more than just a bit of spiritual flesh that gave me magick powers."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"But yes a bit of humility is a good idea for everyone."

He grinned, "Touché. Though as I hear it, Pan has something of a troubling predilection for the fairer sex - of course, nowhere near that of Zeus, but still... Hum, speaking of Idun's apples, they were supposed to grant longevity, were they not? I've been wondering if there is any connection between her apple groves and the mystic isle of Avalon... the name translates to 'Apple Island', after all..."

I am not sure, I have not had contact with those Gods but I do know that appels are a symbol of immortality and divnity in many religions."
The Handler said.
"As for Pan you spoke about the hobbies of Gods and I said that quite a few have fairly normal ones."

He frowned, "Yes, that certainly sounds like the God of the Old Testament... vindictive bastard, begging your pardon."
He paused, "Hum, speaking of the Old Testament, are you familiar with the name Moloch? It seems to have turned up again in more modern times..."

"Vindictive bastard indeed."
Dalisse said darkly.
"Hum...I have read the name in the Bible but do not know anything more about it than that."

He smiled and gently reached out to lift Dalisse's hand away from the sand and brush the few grains off her fingertips, "Strong, good memories... but it will not do to be too distracted by the best parts of the past when the present is looming dangerously close.

The Handler looked a bit confused for a moment then she snapped back to the present and looked down at her hand.
"Yes...strong...good memories...remarkably so."
She commented then she nodded.
"Yes you are right off course Craftsman I need to pay attention to the present right now...this sand is...remarkable though..."
She said with wonder in her eyes.

Hum... unless you have objections to it, I might discuss your story in closer detail with the old Diedne I know. I trust him quite well - with my own soul and life, in fact - though I would not insist on trusting him with yours without your consent..."

"I have nothing against you sharing what I have said with this man, once I leave that will not affect me at all, though I do not see how it will benefit you to do so."
Dalisse said looking confused.

Adley:

He frowned a little and gave a nod, gave her arm a pat and let them go.

Nico gave you a sad smile then they limped out of the room and headed for Richard's apartment to rest.

"Good, just in case, you know."

Narim just nodded at that.

"There is yes, one moment," he said, then glanced between Narim and the bathroom questioningly, as if for permission, and pointed at the phone as he walked towards the bathroom and shut the door. "Is that better?"

Narim just nodded to say he did not mind you taking your phone call in the bathroom. You got in there and Kristine replied.
"Yes that is better...my Mentor told me to call you. Yes we know who the bloodline of the Aswadim might be, Master Ir's father is an Aswadim, I have heard the name Irik the Defiler of Time but if that is his real name or not I do not know...the disturbing thing though is that his young twins had blood work done during a routine doctor's visit lately and one of the vials with blood from one of the twins never arrived at the lab...my Mentor thought you would would that information."
The Verbena said sounding concerned.

Serge:

"Dr. Lee has already taken a bunch of blood from me. I think he has plenty" Serge said glancing at the cotton swab on his arm.

"But did you not donate it Sir? I did not see into the room but I did catch a little of what was happening."
Jane said.
"Then Dr Lee would not be keeping something for an arcane connection to you."
The girl said looking a bit confused.

"Now that sounds like a cool spell!" Serge said with a smile his hesitation decreasing slightly.

"If she thinks she can handle it than I'll let her. You girls are smart and I trust your judgement." Serge said with a smile.

"It is a cool spell Sir."
Jane said and grinned then she spoke with Liv and nodded.
"Liv says she can handle it Mr Yager."

"Now that's a big collection of stuff! Do you use all of this stuff?" Serge said as he looked at all the art supplies in detail, clearly impressed with the size of the young girl's collection.

Jane gave you a proud look and nodded.
"I do but some of it I use more than the others."
She explained.

"I don't even have this much art stuff. You even got color changing ink! Damn I've always wanted to use these." the older artist said excitedly.

"You can borrow them if you want Sir."
The young chorister said and she offered you the pack of color changing ink pens.

"This should be perfect! This is all of the stuff we need. Come on, we don't want to keep Liv waiting."

Jane nodded she carried some of the art supplies and let you take the rest and then went with you back to Rosa's room. Liv sat beside Rosa keeping an eye on the young Cultist she looked up and smiled when you and Jane returned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:15 pm

"But did you not donate it Sir? I did not see into the room but I did catch a little of what was happening."
Jane said.
"Then Dr Lee would not be keeping something for an arcane connection to you."
The girl said looking a bit confused.

"That's a good point." Serge admitted.

"Then maybe I should give something close to me to someone I trust. How about a drawing of my face? That should work as an arcane connection right?" Serge said as he rifled through his sketchbook, careful not to trigger his own trap hidden within the pages, and found the page which held the picture of his own self-portrait, made by the Criamon girl in Chicago.

Jane gave you a proud look and nodded.
"I do but some of it I use more than the others."
She explained.

"Makes sense. I find myself using pencils more than any other tool. Which one is your favorite drawing tool?" Serge asked.

"You can borrow them if you want Sir."
The young chorister said and she offered you the pack of color changing ink pens.

"Thanks! You know colors have their own symbolic importance both in magick and in art." Serge said as he took the pack of color changing ink pens.

Jane nodded she carried some of the art supplies and let you take the rest and then went with you back to Rosa's room. Liv sat beside Rosa keeping an eye on the young Cultist she looked up and smiled when you and Jane returned.

"We got the stuff!" Serge said to Liv holding up the art supplies to show her.

"So we should probably get started on the paper doll. How's about you girls get started on drawing the dresses and I'll make the cat girl princess with pink hair, cat ears, and a bushy tail. After I'm done I'll join you in the wardrobe making." Serge offered as he picked up a piece of cardboard and began carefully tracing out the outline for the paper doll.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, thanks.' Nicole muttered to Lars, clearly rather distracted a the second. 'Hmm? What is it?' looking up at Riez, dumping her footlocker on the floor and straightening up deliberately.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:13 am

"I noticed what happened to the guard but not she is not the one who have been going after the delivery men, there are quite a new who live here you know and more than one have rather unusual morals."
Dalisse said and glanced over at you.
"Why did you assume it was the guard?"
Colin shook his head, "I did not assume it was her, merely speculating. Though she did express some... enthusiasm for torture, Gabriel's hobby variant in the specific, and as such, it would be a small stretch... though, in her defense, she did seem somewhat more practical about drawing attention to her home address."

"Very fair I did not mean to suggjest that you should curse the rings you sell I just commented that it can be done with the magick you mentioned."
Dalisse said plainly.
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Though, I suppose it could prove amusing to create a mystical, cursed piece of jewelry for the next Ren Faire... Nothing permanently harmful, of course, but something that might look tempting for a thief, and which attracts accidents and general discomfort to the bearer..."

"Well hopefully then it will not come to that, though be prepared to hide if someone where to come into my chamber, I will give you as much forewarning as possible."
He nodded, then glanced around, "Ah, about that... Hiding under the table won't be quite easy, and the sofa is also a tricky... hum... I might be able to squeeze in behind your throne."

"Your Avatar then Craftsman? You should listen to her. I remember the first time I heard the voice of mine, the first time I realized he is something more than just a bit of spiritual flesh that gave me magick powers."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"But yes a bit of humility is a good idea for everyone."
He nodded, then looked deadly serious, "She never spoke, only appearing as an unscarred image of myself in the mirror from time to time, until Warden decided to attack her... My Avatar would have none of that, so she fought back and molted... after that, she's been quite talkative. And magnificent. That was the second time she directly intervened to protect me..."

I am not sure, I have not had contact with those Gods but I do know that appels are a symbol of immortality and divnity in many religions."
The Handler said.
"As for Pan you spoke about the hobbies of Gods and I said that quite a few have fairly normal ones."
He nodded, "There are the myths and legends of a fifth-century Welsh king called Arthur Pendragon. According to the legends, he was mortally wounded and at the brink of death when he was taken away to Avalon, to rest up and heal until his kingdom's greatest time of need. The myth has rather taken on a life of its own, of course, but there's abundant evidence such a king existed to plant the seeds of the myths... and there's a family legend that has it I descend from, er, one of the individuals of those myths..."

The Handler looked a bit confused for a moment then she snapped back to the present and looked down at her hand.
"Yes...strong...good memories...remarkably so."
She commented then she nodded.
"Yes you are right off course Craftsman I need to pay attention to the present right now...this sand is...remarkable though..."
She said with wonder in her eyes.
He smiled, "Remarkably vivid, though I myself was not as... strongly entranced by them. They were good memories, though. As for that little back of sand, I will leave that behind when I go, so you can perhaps reminisce for a few moments every now and then... and perhaps drive off less pleasant Nephandi who would try to enthrall you again."

"I have nothing against you sharing what I have said with this man, once I leave that will not affect me at all, though I do not see how it will benefit you to do so."
Dalisse said looking confused.
He smiled, "I do not believe it will benefit me at all - however, the man has reincarnated for centuries upon centuries, with all his memories intact. He remembers who he was, who he was around, what he experienced... and I think he might have been your magical... either sibling or cousin, perhaps. His name in this life might not mean anything to you, but he might remember the name Dalisse, if that was what you were called then... and he might remember the child you were in the 9th century. And if he does, he might want a little closure, to learn what you have become... and more importantly, what you have not become."

((OOC: Back from Doctor Who. It was... the closing of several circles. It was enjoyable. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 am

Serge:

"That's a good point." Serge admitted.

"Then maybe I should give something close to me to someone I trust. How about a drawing of my face? That should work as an arcane connection right?" Serge said as he rifled through his sketchbook, careful not to trigger his own trap hidden within the pages, and found the page which held the picture of his own self-portrait, made by the Criamon girl in Chicago.

"A drawing of your face is an arcane connection yes Sir but not a very strong one. The best arcane connections are Quintessence taken from a spell you have cast using power stored up in your own Avatar, the next best is blood, then comes other body parts like a lock of hair or nail clippings, then one of your foci, then a favorite personal item, then a photograph and then a drawing...for Hermetics your name is a strong arcane connection but generally the closer to you something is the better it works as a witness."
The young Chorister explained.

"Makes sense. I find myself using pencils more than any other tool. Which one is your favorite drawing tool?" Serge asked.

"I like crayons and markers best Sir...see here I have a marker with ten colors in it you get different tips by pressing down these different buttons."
Jane said happily and she showed you the toy proudly.

"Thanks! You know colors have their own symbolic importance both in magick and in art." Serge said as he took the pack of color changing ink pens.

"Yes I have heard about that Sir."
The little girl said and nodded.
"Like the Chakras I have heard about them."

"We got the stuff!" Serge said to Liv holding up the art supplies to show her.

"So we should probably get started on the paper doll. How's about you girls get started on drawing the dresses and I'll make the cat girl princess with pink hair, cat ears, and a bushy tail. After I'm done I'll join you in the wardrobe making." Serge offered as he picked up a piece of cardboard and began carefully tracing out the outline for the paper doll.

Liv smiled and she said something in Latin which Jane translated.
"She says that is great Sir."
The little girl said then she looked skeptical.
"You have never made a paper doll before have you Sir we need the outline of the doll and her posture to be able to draw dresses for her, for we will need to know where to put the arms and the flaps to hold the dress in place."

Nicole:

Yeah, thanks.' Nicole muttered to Lars, clearly rather distracted a the second. 'Hmm? What is it?' looking up at Riez, dumping her footlocker on the floor and straightening up deliberately.

"Ehm...I was asked by Master Morgan to talk with you, one of the entrances to the Labyrinth is in an old auto shop and since I have been told that is your trade we where thinking you might be able to give a small group a plausible reason for being at that shop until we can overpower the guards and secure that entrance portal."
The Hermetic requested as he regarded you for a moment he looked rather upset and sad.

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "I did not assume it was her, merely speculating. Though she did express some... enthusiasm for torture, Gabriel's hobby variant in the specific, and as such, it would be a small stretch... though, in her defense, she did seem somewhat more practical about drawing attention to her home address."

"You would be surprised how many Nephandi think torture makes for a good pastime Craftsman."
Dalisse said bitterly.
"But yes our guard that you killed where a practical woman and she would not shit where she sleeps to put it that way."

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Though, I suppose it could prove amusing to create a mystical, cursed piece of jewelry for the next Ren Faire... Nothing permanently harmful, of course, but something that might look tempting for a thief, and which attracts accidents and general discomfort to the bearer..."

"Well that would certainly make for good practice and yes it might be amusing. I can not say I have ever been to an event such as you describe though."
She said and glanced over at you.

He nodded, then glanced around, "Ah, about that... Hiding under the table won't be quite easy, and the sofa is also a tricky... hum... I might be able to squeeze in behind your throne."

"This problem is not lost on me Craftsman, if you look over there."
Dalisse said and she pointed at the section of the room that was hidden behind dark red curtains.
"That is my sleeping area and where I wash, you can hide there if the need should arise."
She suggested.

He nodded, then looked deadly serious, "She never spoke, only appearing as an unscarred image of myself in the mirror from time to time, until Warden decided to attack her... My Avatar would have none of that, so she fought back and molted... after that, she's been quite talkative. And magnificent. That was the second time she directly intervened to protect me..."

Dalisse nodded.
"In some ways my own experiences where similar Craftsman, after...the...experiments...my Faount where so broken, wounded and scared that he begun to talk to me...he recovered now and he is beautiful, and so are your shard cluster."
She said and she smiled a little sadly.

He nodded, "There are the myths and legends of a fifth-century Welsh king called Arthur Pendragon. According to the legends, he was mortally wounded and at the brink of death when he was taken away to Avalon, to rest up and heal until his kingdom's greatest time of need. The myth has rather taken on a life of its own, of course, but there's abundant evidence such a king existed to plant the seeds of the myths... and there's a family legend that has it I descend from, er, one of the individuals of those myths..."

"I have read the legends, and there are also legends of King Artur spoken of in the village I grew up in, what the legends says of him sleeping until needed again though sounds like a vampire to me, a vampire in one of their deep hibernation sleeps which they do enter into when graciously injured."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He smiled, "Remarkably vivid, though I myself was not as... strongly entranced by them. They were good memories, though. As for that little back of sand, I will leave that behind when I go, so you can perhaps reminisce for a few moments every now and then... and perhaps drive off less pleasant Nephandi who would try to enthrall you again."

"What a grand gift Craftsman...I feel I should return the favor, please have a look at my library and choose any book you desire and that will be my gift to you."
The Handler offered and she made a grand gesture towards the large bookshelves.

He smiled, "I do not believe it will benefit me at all - however, the man has reincarnated for centuries upon centuries, with all his memories intact. He remembers who he was, who he was around, what he experienced... and I think he might have been your magical... either sibling or cousin, perhaps. His name in this life might not mean anything to you, but he might remember the name Dalisse, if that was what you were called then... and he might remember the child you were in the 9th century. And if he does, he might want a little closure, to learn what you have become... and more importantly, what you have not become."

"I see, there are ways to retain memories between lives to become immortal in such a way, it is also not uncommon for it to happen if someone have a lesser Avatar attatched to their own, a sappling if you will...very well if you think it will bring this man closure to hear about me then tell him and wish him well. Lady Diedne had many apprentices and my own teacher took more students the me so we could be related."
Dalisse said and she smiled a little.
"Yes Dalisse where the name I choose when I passed my apprentice's Gauntlet and could shed my apprentice name and step into the Order."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 am

"You would be surprised how many Nephandi think torture makes for a good pastime Craftsman."
Dalisse said bitterly.
"But yes our guard that you killed where a practical woman and she would not shit where she sleeps to put it that way."
Colin sighed, "Perhaps I would... perhaps not. At the very least, Gabriel's apprentice did not develop that particular preference. Unfortunately, she developed phobias instead..."

"Well that would certainly make for good practice and yes it might be amusing. I can not say I have ever been to an event such as you describe though."
She said and glanced over at you.
He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose you wouldn't have - if Reality did not protest your presence, then the Technocracy would certainly have taken notice, even at such an event... The phenomenon's just a few decades old, in any case; people dressing up in medieval garb, armored warriors duelling, faux-medieval foodstuffs, that sort of thing. Generally in very good taste, too, most of the time. Hm, in fact, I do believe I have some photos from he past couple of years on my phone, if you'd like to see..."

"This problem is not lost on me Craftsman, if you look over there."
Dalisse said and she pointed at the section of the room that was hidden behind dark red curtains.
"That is my sleeping area and where I wash, you can hide there if the need should arise."
She suggested.
He glanced over and nodded, then frowned, then started to chuckle, "Heh, I've already had the discussion about Traditionalists being the monster under the bed... I suppose it was only a matter of time..."

Dalisse nodded.
"In some ways my own experiences where similar Craftsman, after...the...experiments...my Faount where so broken, wounded and scared that he begun to talk to me...he recovered now and he is beautiful, and so are your shard cluster."
She said and she smiled a little sadly.
He nodded, "The origins of that bloody ritual... It may have its exceedingly rare cases where its use is appropriate... but those are few and far between..."

"I have read the legends, and there are also legends of King Artur spoken of in the village I grew up in, what the legends says of him sleeping until needed again though sounds like a vampire to me, a vampire in one of their deep hibernation sleeps which they do enter into when graciously injured."
Dalisse said and smiled.
He frowned, "Hum... I had not made the connection to vampirism before. I had thought it more akin to our kind of magic - a healing spell, a rejuvenating sleep and some form of stasis bubble, keeping him frozen in time until one certain event out of perhaps a dozen possibilities occurs... A vampire, though... that puts Morgana le Fay in a different light. Hum, and then there's Mordred, Arthur's son... that part, at least, does not sound like a vampire..."

"What a grand gift Craftsman...I feel I should return the favor, please have a look at my library and choose any book you desire and that will be my gift to you."
The Handler offered and she made a grand gesture towards the large bookshelves.
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded and pulled out his Chaos wand, "In that case, I think I will let Fate decide which one - a little bit of foresight and a lot of luck, and perhaps the book I will someday need will present itself?"

"I see, there are ways to retain memories between lives to become immortal in such a way, it is also not uncommon for it to happen if someone have a lesser Avatar attatched to their own, a sappling if you will...very well if you think it will bring this man closure to hear about me then tell him and wish him well. Lady Diedne had many apprentices and my own teacher took more students the me so we could be related."
Dalisse said and she smiled a little.
"Yes Dalisse where the name I choose when I passed my apprentice's Gauntlet and could shed my apprentice name and step into the Order."
He nodded, "A sapling, yes, and one finally prepared to put down roots somewhere new... we live in extraordinary times, you know. And I think he might be pleased to know that even if you fell in with... the wrong crowd, so to speak, you never Fell. That might reassure him greatly..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 am

Colin sighed, "Perhaps I would... perhaps not. At the very least, Gabriel's apprentice did not develop that particular preference. Unfortunately, she developed phobias instead..."

"It is good the girl is not as sadistic as her Mentor, but yes phobias can be bothersome when our minds learn to well to fear."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose you wouldn't have - if Reality did not protest your presence, then the Technocracy would certainly have taken notice, even at such an event... The phenomenon's just a few decades old, in any case; people dressing up in medieval garb, armored warriors duelling, faux-medieval foodstuffs, that sort of thing. Generally in very good taste, too, most of the time. Hm, in fact, I do believe I have some photos from he past couple of years on my phone, if you'd like to see..."

"Yes I imagine the Union would be well and truly displeased aty pressence and that might just be the end o me, the practice you describe is interesting indeed I would love to see photographs of it."
The Handler said and she leaned a little closer.

He glanced over and nodded, then frowned, then started to chuckle, "Heh, I've already had the discussion about Traditionalists being the monster under the bed... I suppose it was only a matter of time..."

That made the Handler laugh.
"Yes I have heard the fears, especially the fears of our young who see Traditionalists as monsters under the bed, I guess they would be quite shocked if they should find you there."

He nodded, "The origins of that bloody ritual... It may have its exceedingly rare cases where its use is appropriate... but those are few and far between..."

The Handler looked away and she nodded.
"Indeed I where the one experimented upon to create at least the first draft of that ritual and no it is never appropriate, it is never acceptable to destroy what we can not understand and no mortal mage can understand an Avatar."
She exclaimed bitterly.

He frowned, "Hum... I had not made the connection to vampirism before. I had thought it more akin to our kind of magic - a healing spell, a rejuvenating sleep and some form of stasis bubble, keeping him frozen in time until one certain event out of perhaps a dozen possibilities occurs... A vampire, though... that puts Morgana le Fay in a different light. Hum, and then there's Mordred, Arthur's son... that part, at least, does not sound like a vampire..."

"There could be other explanations then vampireism my good man, as you say it could be some sort of healing spell or a deep Twilight which have been known to send a mage into a from of stasis, some Verbena turn themselves into great trees and sleep for a few centuries when they get bored, but that particular description do sound like the vampiric torpor more than anything else...as for Morgana and her son, they sound more like magi or fay but it is hard to be sure. Once the Order of Reason controlled Avalon, perhaps they know more."

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded and pulled out his Chaos wand, "In that case, I think I will let Fate decide which one - a little bit of foresight and a lot of luck, and perhaps the book I will someday need will present itself?"

"How you choose to search for the book you want is up to you and perhaps fate will deliver something to you that you will need. In either case it will be interesting to see how you work your Magick Craftsman."
Dalisse consented.

He nodded, "A sapling, yes, and one finally prepared to put down roots somewhere new... we live in extraordinary times, you know. And I think he might be pleased to know that even if you fell in with... the wrong crowd, so to speak, you never Fell. That might reassure him greatly..."

"If it can reassure your friend to hear I never Fell then tell him...I might be Larson's slave, I have betrayed the ideals of the Dark Mother in becoming so bound but I would not sell my sould that much freedom is mine to keep."
She said proudly.
"As for the sapling I hope it will put down roots and grow in it's new home.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed and error.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:14 am

Anja's Post:

A look of puzzlement crossed Nicole's face; clearly this wasn't on her "Top 10 questions of today". 'Yeah, it is... old shop? Is it active as a shop, or used to be one?' giving her lower back a scratch for a moment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next