Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

4 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 Empty Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:15 am

(OOC: I was asked for a new thread and here it is, the write up on thread 54 will have to wait as I am still on vacation. The group is by the cars ready to move with their plan to get the troll Big Chris out of the nightclub where he can be dealt with and then the group will be ready to move in and try to capture the vampiress Lily.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:36 am

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'The same as the one on your apartment?' giving a frown.
Anja wrote:"I somehow doubt it will do that as that is another sense that just detecting that something is there."
Jon said.
"When something is there that weaken or hurt you that something to block it from detection have been put on it will not do much."
The Virtual Adept added.
Colin nodded, "Same one, yes... I suspect I could use the same principle to mask materials like that, but I'd likely need to employ different variables; metal-specific ones at that..."

[Seattle, 1.45]
He shifted ever so slightly as Nicole 'malingered' in the van and Serge... no, Mark headed over to the club... grip on the harpoon shifted ever so slightly. He'd get one shot with it, missing was just not an option...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:43 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded, "Same one, yes... I suspect I could use the same principle to mask materials like that, but I'd likely need to employ different variables; metal-specific ones at that..."

"You would need to suppress the material's supernatural effect. I mean if I put my hand on a hot stove I will notice it is there no matter how much it is clouded by magic it will still hurt, that is something very different than something just becoming magically fuzzy."
Jon replied clearly sounding rather skeptical.

[Seattle, 1.45]

He shifted ever so slightly as Nicole 'malingered' in the van and Serge... no, Mark headed over to the club... grip on the harpoon shifted ever so slightly. He'd get one shot with it, missing was just not an option...

Everyone got ready as Serge was heading towards the club ready to spring into motion if the bouncer became a threat to the young Cultist.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:55 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Nicole wrote:'But it ain't a "normal" club. And all I did was try to come up with a backstory so if you get questioned you don't dry up and when I come in I don't blow it before I can deal with him.'
Anja wrote:"We already have a backstory discussed at length at the original meeting Miss Bouchard, that Mr Yager will claim to be a delivery man who have a broken trolley and need this Mr Dallas's help in getting the deliveries into the club."
Jeffry said sounding a bit impatient.
"Making it to complicated will not make it better and that is a believable story."

"I know I know. I appreciate your caution. But I promise you I won't dry up. I have basically been lying my whole life. I something of an expert at it. I can lie to this guy for hours on end." Serge assured his cabalmate. "I understand that your worried. But trust me. I got this. I'll ace my part just like I know you'll ace yours."

Nicole wrote:'Which is why we changed it to broken signing tablet. 'Cos it's quite possible Chris would have said "I don't care, do your back in" about the broken trolley. Or more likely, send a minion to get us their trolley and never even come out.'

'I know we can't like guarantee hooking our fish. But I think we've done the most we can to do it.'
Anja wrote:"I beliee we where doing both, saying that the tablet is not working properly and then menioning the broken trolley and asking for help."
Fran said.
"And yeah we have no guarentees but even so this is a pretty minor part of our plan and the longer we sit out here discussing what have already been discussed at length the larger is the chance we will be discovered."

"I was gonna do both honestly. Though lead with the broken tablet thing of course." Serge said with a nod. "So Nicole. You ready to do this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:52 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

"I know I know. I appreciate your caution. But I promise you I won't dry up. I have basically been lying my whole life. I something of an expert at it. I can lie to this guy for hours on end." Serge assured his cabalmate. "I understand that your worried. But trust me. I got this. I'll ace my part just like I know you'll ace yours."

"And you will have the rest of us backing you up if things go wrong kid."
Your uncle said with a nod.

"I was gonna do both honestly. Though lead with the broken tablet thing of course." Serge said with a nod. "So Nicole. You ready to do this?"

"Yeah both seam to be the best solution to me."
Fran said.
"It give a reason for Big Chris to come out to the van, and it is believable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:01 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin's Post:

'P'haps make a bigger one which can cover the whole Chantry? For like, emergencies? Or a stronger one, as a weapon?'

Anja's Post:

'Not if the pain signals within your body were blocked or overriden. It's just another type of input...' giving a little shrug. 'You might only notice when you can see the smoke coming off the hand or smell the burning flesh.'

Anja's Post:

'Erm... we went past that, mainly when I realised the target was unlikely to be the sort to help us out by coming out to lift.' Nicole retorted. 'Trolley, tablet, a free half-hour with me in leather in my portable dungeon... does it matter what the hook is baited with, as long as it works?'

Anja's Post:

'Good question. After all, the only folks with skin in this game is me and the boy wonder. And I'm happy with the plan now, and I think he is too.' looking to Serge for confirmation.

Serge's Post:

'Eh, don't bother with trolley. Makes it too complicated. Tablet plus piquing curiousity should do the job, I think. Though complaining nothing ain't going right today or something might help...' tone making it clear she was leaving the details up to him.

Serge's Post:

'If you're okay, I'm okay. Go do it, stick-boy.' giving a nod.

[They did actually go past the 'broken trolley' idea in the planning session (at least I thought we had). After all, there's zero assumption the fay-ghoul would be nice and want to help them. Which is why Nick brought the 'broken' tablet instead. But doesn't really matter; let's get this show on the road!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:28 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'P'haps make a bigger one which can cover the whole Chantry? For like, emergencies? Or a stronger one, as a weapon?'
Colin shrugged, "Masking the Chantry permanently has been suggested... but it has been deemed not worth it, owing to the loss of mobile signal. I've set up things to cover the building for emergencies, though - but that will be obvious to people keeping an eye on the place, when a magically potent site suddenly goes dark... Still, temporarily screwing up most targeting methods will help in a pinch."

Anja wrote:"You would need to suppress the material's supernatural effect. I mean if I put my hand on a hot stove I will notice it is there no matter how much it is clouded by magic it will still hurt, that is something very different than something just becoming magically fuzzy."
Jon replied clearly sounding rather skeptical.
Nicole wrote:'Not if the pain signals within your body were blocked or overriden. It's just another type of input...' giving a little shrug. 'You might only notice when you can see the smoke coming off the hand or smell the burning flesh.'
He shrugged, "I couldn't mask the sense of pain if I wanted to - living, thinking things is entirely beyond me to tamper with directly. What I could fathomably accomplish is to mask a substance - physics and chemistry being two inseparable sides of the same coin, like space and time - as something it's not; disguising iron as copper to mundane and perhaps supernatural senses, or muffle the sound of someone's footsteps, perhaps even make a blazing inferno feel like a cool spring breeze until you stick your hand into the open flame... well, that last one might be slightly outside my grasp at the moment, but I have faith I'll get there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:23 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Nicole wrote:'Good question. After all, the only folks with skin in this game is me and the boy wonder. And I'm happy with the plan now, and I think he is too.' looking to Serge for confirmation.

"I'm all good here." he confirmed giving a thumbs up.

Nicole wrote:'Eh, don't bother with trolley. Makes it too complicated. Tablet plus piquing curiosity should do the job, I think. Though complaining nothing ain't going right today or something might help...' tone making it clear she was leaving the details up to him.

"Fine by me. I can handle a few last minute script changes. Gonna be ad-libbing most of this stuff anyways." Serge said with a chuckle.

[Seattle, 1.45]

Nicole wrote:'If you're okay, I'm okay. Go do it, stick-boy.' giving a nod.
Colin wrote:He shifted ever so slightly as Nicole 'malingered' in the van and Serge... no, Mark headed over to the club... grip on the harpoon shifted ever so slightly. He'd get one shot with it, missing was just not an option...
Anja wrote:Everyone got ready as Serge was heading towards the club ready to spring into motion if the bouncer became a threat to the young Cultist.

"Alright. It's showtime!" Serge said, turning dramatically to face the rear entrance of the club and striding over to it broken tablet in hand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:36 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

'P'haps make a bigger one which can cover the whole Chantry? For like, emergencies? Or a stronger one, as a weapon?'

"I do like the idea of the Scrambler as a ward for the Chantry but it might make telephone calls and those damned ehm...ehm...the talking with computers difficult."
Jeffry said.
"But do you think one could be made for the shuttle, paid for by my own personal Tass stores off course."
The old Hermetic continued.

'Not if the pain signals within your body were blocked or overriden. It's just another type of input...' giving a little shrug. 'You might only notice when you can see the smoke coming off the hand or smell the burning flesh.'

"That is true enough, that is how allot of pain killers work. I needed to have this mole removed from my arm two years ago and Richard just used this cream he put on it to numb it, the box said to be careful for several hours after applying the cream as one could be hurt and not notice."
Jon agreed.
"Pain from supernatural weaknesses though tend to be hard to numb."

'Erm... we went past that, mainly when I realised the target was unlikely to be the sort to help us out by coming out to lift.' Nicole retorted. 'Trolley, tablet, a free half-hour with me in leather in my portable dungeon... does it matter what the hook is baited with, as long as it works?'

"Very well as long as it works Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry agreed. Bruce raised an eyebrow and he looked like he was envisioning Nicole in leather in a dungeon then he shook his head to bring his mind back to the matter at hand.

'Good question. After all, the only folks with skin in this game is me and the boy wonder. And I'm happy with the plan now, and I think he is too.' looking to Serge for confirmation.

"If you are attacked we will defend you."
Henrietta said.
"But yes it is important you and Serge is happy with the plan."

Colin shrugged, "Masking the Chantry permanently has been suggested... but it has been deemed not worth it, owing to the loss of mobile signal. I've set up things to cover the building for emergencies, though - but that will be obvious to people keeping an eye on the place, when a magically potent site suddenly goes dark... Still, temporarily screwing up most targeting methods will help in a pinch."

"Would it be possible to set up a Scrambler ward to be activated with a word around the Node chamber at that is the best defended room in the Chantry and is the place we will send our weakest, apprentices and non Awakened to be protected if we are attacked and it would be practical if it was hard to teleport anyone from the chamber Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry mushed.
"Well perhaps something to discuss after the mission."

He shrugged, "I couldn't mask the sense of pain if I wanted to - living, thinking things is entirely beyond me to tamper with directly. What I could fathomably accomplish is to mask a substance - physics and chemistry being two inseparable sides of the same coin, like space and time - as something it's not; disguising iron as copper to mundane and perhaps supernatural senses, or muffle the sound of someone's footsteps, perhaps even make a blazing inferno feel like a cool spring breeze until you stick your hand into the open flame... well, that last one might be slightly outside my grasp at the moment, but I have faith I'll get there."

Jeffry decided to chime in at this.
"I believe Mr Wainwright that your theory could be workable. However if you are going to mask substances an Awakened have a supernatural weakness to then you will need considerable understanding in Vim...ehm...Prime to accomplish it and modify the rote accordingly."

[Seattle, 1.30]

"Alright. It's showtime!" Serge said, turning dramatically to face the rear entrance of the club and striding over to it broken tablet in hand.

You got to the entrance of the club, the only sound was the sound of the rain. The door was decorated with roses which had been expertly engraved into the dark glass of the front door, the name of the club displayed prominently making the place look classy.

Other than the door there was now windows in the front facade of the club only the tinted window in the door let you see inside, you saw a huge man, absolutely huge talking with a small woman, she was unusually small and he was unusually huge making it look like an adult speaking with a child, it was hard to see details though the tinted glass though.

(OOC: Unless Serge was going to the back door, I forgot which door he was going for if it was the back door then it is a fairly plain door. At the back there is some trash cans but little else, the door have the name of the club and it's logo a thorn whip coiled up with a rose at the end painted at the door. Serge will not see anyone through the window of the back door.)

(OOC 2: I might have miss remembered about the trolley, no really then.Just troll no trolley. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:10 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:You got to the entrance of the club, the only sound was the sound of the rain. The door was decorated with roses which had been expertly engraved into the dark glass of the front door, the name of the club displayed prominently making the place look classy.

Other than the door there was now windows in the front facade of the club only the tinted window in the door let you see inside, you saw a huge man, absolutely huge talking with a small woman, she was unusually small and he was unusually huge making it look like an adult speaking with a child, it was hard to see details though the tinted glass though.

Serge stood outside the door, admiring the engravings that were on display. He had been to a number of clubs, a requirement for many Cultist of Ecstasy, and he always admired the decorations that they used.

When he saw the outline of a large man he had a sneaking suspicion who that could be. Still he took a deep breath in, and thought about his role. A down on his luck delivery boy. As he thought he slouched his shoulders. Let the rain fall and stain his shirt. Any cheerfulness that was still remaining on his face was wiped away, replaced with the unending fatigued look that plagued many young adults of his age.

With those features put in place he raised a hand and knocked three times on the doorway, hoping to get the attention of the huge man.

(OOC: lol, I also forgot which entrance it was when we planned it and was just making a guess. I'm fine with either one though and will go with what you've written.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:50 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Serge stood outside the door, admiring the engravings that were on display. He had been to a number of clubs, a requirement for many Cultist of Ecstasy, and he always admired the decorations that they used.

When he saw the outline of a large man he had a sneaking suspicion who that could be. Still he took a deep breath in, and thought about his role. A down on his luck delivery boy. As he thought he slouched his shoulders. Let the rain fall and stain his shirt. Any cheerfulness that was still remaining on his face was wiped away, replaced with the unending fatigued look that plagued many young adults of his age.

With those features put in place he raised a hand and knocked three times on the doorway, hoping to get the attention of the huge man.

The huge man lifted one large hand to signal for the small woman that she should stay and then he headed to the door and opened it a crack peering out at Serge. The man was even bigger up close he was close to 7 feet tall and built like an ox with bulging muscles. His hair was dark brown and he had clear, intelligent blue eyes which now peered out at the delivery boy rather suspiciously. The man had on a sleeveless shirt to show of his muscles and had a silver ring in one ear and a silver chain bracelet around one wrist.
"Yeah...we are not open yet."
Big Chris grunted.
"Come back tonight!"

(OOC: Either entrance works for me I have made it unclear which one was chosen in case one of the others remember which one it was the plan to use, if they do not remember then we will use the front.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:38 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:The huge man lifted one large hand to signal for the small woman that she should stay and then he headed to the door and opened it a crack peering out at Serge. The man was even bigger up close he was close to 7 feet tall and built like an ox with bulging muscles. His hair was dark brown and he had clear, intelligent blue eyes which now peered out at the delivery boy rather suspiciously. The man had on a sleeveless shirt to show of his muscles and had a silver ring in one ear and a silver chain bracelet around one wrist.
"Yeah...we are not open yet."
Big Chris grunted.
"Come back tonight!"

Serge made sure to take a good look of the man. It had been fuzzy through the door, but if the man was indeed one of the fae there was a good chance he'd be able to notice extra 'supernatural' details about him.

He also kept an eye out for a name tag to identify him, knowing it would be good to identify him without having to actually ask him who he was. Employees of service industries usually had them, though whether they chose to wear it or not was another question.

Regardless with what he saw, Serge held his tablet tight and replied to the man, "Uh...yeah. Sorry I'm not a customer. I'm with the delivery company. We got a bunch of stuff and we need someone to sign for it." He spoke in a tired manner trying to make it seem like this was quite routine for him.

(OOC: Roll for convincingly lying that he's a delivery boy. Will roll Charisma + Subterfuge. I get -2 difficulty because of my previous spell.

Roll: 5, 8, 8, 6, 2, 1 9 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:42 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Serge made sure to take a good look of the man. It had been fuzzy through the door, but if the man was indeed one of the fae there was a good chance he'd be able to notice extra 'supernatural' details about him.

He also kept an eye out for a name tag to identify him, knowing it would be good to identify him without having to actually ask him who he was. Employees of service industries usually had them, though whether they chose to wear it or not was another question.

Regardless with what he saw, Serge held his tablet tight and replied to the man, "Uh...yeah. Sorry I'm not a customer. I'm with the delivery company. We got a bunch of stuff and we need someone to sign for it." He spoke in a tired manner trying to make it seem like this was quite routine for him.

The huge man did not carry a name tag, his shirt was just plain white and the only decorations he had was his earrings and the bracelet. You do get a feeling that there was a double nature to the man though, as if what he showed was not all there was to him but you would need to use magick to see anything other than that.

The huge man regarded you for a while longer then he sigh.
"It is the new counter top is it not...dammit that was suppose to come on Wednesday last week...well better late then never I guess, where do I sign?"
He said with a sigh.
"Is all the customs bullshit in order now? I know a countertop with straps so someone can be restrained to it while food are served on their body is unusual but kinky shit is not illegal to order, it is some bullshit it have been hung up in customs for this long..."
He grumbled as he reached for the tablet.
"Well that is not your trouble I guess...just hand me the tablet and I will sign for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:47 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:
The huge man did not carry a name tag, his shirt was just plain white and the only decorations he had was his earrings and the bracelet. You do get a feeling that there was a double nature to the man though, as if what he showed was not all there was to him but you would need to use magick to see anything other than that.

The huge man regarded you for a while longer then he sigh.
"It is the new counter top is it not...dammit that was suppose to come on Wednesday last week...well better late then never I guess, where do I sign?"
He said with a sigh.
"Is all the customs bullshit in order now? I know a countertop with straps so someone can be restrained to it while food are served on their body is unusual but kinky shit is not illegal to order, it is some bullshit it have been hung up in customs for this long..."
He grumbled as he reached for the tablet.
"Well that is not your trouble I guess...just hand me the tablet and I will sign for it."

"Yeah really sorry about that. Christmas is creeping up and you would not believe the backlog. Regular orders getting mixed in with gifts and stuff. Rain's not helping either." Serge said with a sigh as he glanced up at the sky.

He began pressing the power button on the broken tablet, making it seem like he was trying to power it on when in reality the tablet would simple remain blank. "Just need to sign on the tablet here. Can I get your name? This things really finnicky. The touchpads really slow and stuff. I'll fill in all of the boring detail and then give it to you to for the proper signature."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:21 am

[Seattle, 1.45]

"Yeah really sorry about that. Christmas is creeping up and you would not believe the backlog. Regular orders getting mixed in with gifts and stuff. Rain's not helping either." Serge said with a sigh as he glanced up at the sky.

The huge man just gave a dismissive grunt at this.
"Well as long as we eventually get our counter top all is well I guess and there is not a mix us like when we hosted a Lifestyle wedding last night and some of our props got lost but a box of plastic, pink champagne glasses ended up here...who know who got our stuff but I imagine it was quite a surprise that cake topper was a bit...unconventional."
He commented with a chuckle.

He began pressing the power button on the broken tablet, making it seem like he was trying to power it on when in reality the tablet would simple remain blank. "Just need to sign on the tablet here. Can I get your name? This things really finnicky. The touchpads really slow and stuff. I'll fill in all of the boring detail and then give it to you to for the proper signature."

"Yeah sure...I am Christopher Dallas and this club is owned by a Miss Thorn so the package might be addressed to her. Samantha Caraway is the one who made the order she handles most of the orders for the Club but she is not in today."
The big man said with a bit of a grin at Samantha's name.
"Anything else you need kid?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:52 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"I do like the idea of the Scrambler as a ward for the Chantry but it might make telephone calls and those damned ehm...ehm...the talking with computers difficult."
Jeffry said.
"But do you think one could be made for the shuttle, paid for by my own personal Tass stores off course."
The old Hermetic continued.
Colin pondered, "Wouldn't be a permanent ward, for those reasons... hum, I do believe I could mask the shuttle; no need to worry about payment for it while I'm the pilot, though - if I need the ward up, I'll be too busy worrying about surviving to care about refunds. Permanent enhancements, on the other hand... we'll see what can be done. Certainly a subsystem could be patched in... hum..."

Anja wrote:"Would it be possible to set up a Scrambler ward to be activated with a word around the Node chamber at that is the best defended room in the Chantry and is the place we will send our weakest, apprentices and non Awakened to be protected if we are attacked and it would be practical if it was hard to teleport anyone from the chamber Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry mushed.
"Well perhaps something to discuss after the mission."
He nodded, "Won't just make teleporting out difficult, it'd make targeting anyone inside for any reason difficult, too - just the thing to toss up over the whole Chantry for a Union or Nephandi raid... as I said, I'm making preparations for the whole building for a crisis."

Anja wrote:Jeffry decided to chime in at this.
"I believe Mr Wainwright that your theory could be workable. However if you are going to mask substances an Awakened have a supernatural weakness to then you will need considerable understanding in Vim...ehm...Prime to accomplish it and modify the rote accordingly."
He nodded, "That... sounds about right. Well, I'm sure Future Me has parts of it figured out by now. Or by then, whichever applies."

[Seattle, 1.45]
Jeremy wrote:He began pressing the power button on the broken tablet, making it seem like he was trying to power it on when in reality the tablet would simple remain blank. "Just need to sign on the tablet here. Can I get your name? This things really finnicky. The touchpads really slow and stuff. I'll fill in all of the boring detail and then give it to you to for the proper signature."
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...I am Christopher Dallas and this club is owned by a Miss Thorn so the package might be addressed to her. Samantha Caraway is the one who made the order she handles most of the orders for the Club but she is not in today."
He perked an ear toward the door, straining to hear, ready to step in like an angry Ahab as soon as he thought Serge was in immediate danger... or as soon as Big Chris came to the door. But this was Serge's moment to do his thing, so he'd have to trust the kid... much as he'd prefer to keep the kid safe at home instead.

((OOC: Ooog, still feeling a bit "jetlagged" after holiday with the Old Ones. Which is kind of funny, since they're only a two-hour boat ride away, almost straight north-northwest, still well within the same time zone... Razz I blame the copious amounts of nom noms...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:40 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:The huge man just gave a dismissive grunt at this.
"Well as long as we eventually get our counter top all is well I guess and there is not a mix us like when we hosted a Lifestyle wedding last night and some of our props got lost but a box of plastic, pink champagne glasses ended up here...who know who got our stuff but I imagine it was quite a surprise that cake topper was a bit...unconventional."
He commented with a chuckle.

Serge chuckled as well at the humorous story both to keep up his performance and because he found the tale genuinely amusing.

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...I am Christopher Dallas and this club is owned by a Miss Thorn so the package might be addressed to her. Samantha Caraway is the one who made the order she handles most of the orders for the Club but she is not in today."

"Nah that should be more than enough..." Serge said still feigning trying to power on the tablet. After a few seconds he muttered "Give me a sec. This things been acting funny all day. I swear to God if it fails now...."

He then made a show of trying harder and harder to get the tablet to work. Pushing the button with more and more intensity each time and holding it down for different lengths of time. Pressing the home button in a similar fashion. And tapping on the blank screen uselessly.

Knowing the next part was the most crucial, Serge brought together all of his acting skill for what he said next.

"....For fucks sake." he said with a resigned sigh. The sound of a man who had been though so many minor setbacks that he could only sigh in disappointment at his own misfortune. "Sorry man....I think this things busted or something. So much for the digital future...."

He ran his hair through his slick hair trying pretending he was slightly frustration by what had happened. "Don't worry though. I got some actual papers that you can sign back in the truck. Although....seeing how much it's pouring I'm worried they might get wet in the rain if I brought them outside. And trust me, you do NOT want those papers to get wet. Unless you want to wait another week for the countertop. So it might be better if you signed them back at the truck. Maybe even check out the countertop while your there to make sure there's hasn't been a mix up again."

(OOC: If it's needed here's a Manipulation + Subterfuge roll to convince Christopher Dallas to follow me back to sign for the countertop. If it's still applicable I also have the spell I cast earlier that helps with Serge's lying capabilities.

Roll: 7, 2 9, 6, 9, 1, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:57 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin's Post:

'Would help if during attack, cutting off enemy's comms. But we'd need an alternative method for ours.' the Etherite said crisply.

Colin's Post:

'How about cyborgs, or inorganics?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a frown to this. 'I... think they already exist sir, if I remember right. Stealth ships and all that. Want me to ask about at Concordia's dock?'

Anja's Post:

'And how will they get there if the first wave splits the Chantry in half, like it did last time?'

Serge's Post:

'No plan survives contact with the enemy...' she quipped, moving deeper into the van and doing a last idiot-check on the crates.

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

As Serge moved towards the door, Nicole did one last check. Made sure the metal palm-plate was ready, reached around to test reach for weapons. Ruffled up her hair a bit, sat down on the boxes, trying to look hungover and hiding from the rain, trying to ignore the onset of anxiety sweats. Replaying the desired moves in her mind, trying to mentally predict alternative options. Staring at her lit cigarette for a moment, trying to not compute the action she was about to commit. One of many, in fact. What right did she have to do such things?

'No... it's best I do it. 'Cos it bothers me. If it didn't bother me, it means I'm like a complete psychopath. And them shouldn't be allowed to make them calls. Fuck, at least them Euthanatos have their mystical BS to justify doing this...' eye going from cigarette to artificial hand.

A long silence, save the distant traffic and light rain on the roof. Then, unbidden;

'You do it because that's you were made to do.'

Another silence. A frown. Remembering the reason why she hated being left alone with nothing to do. Brain kept on coming out with shit like that...

Clearing her throat, she rolled her neck and flexed her shoulders, hoping she'd not cramp up before the target arrived.

[Nah, I assumed front door. But Serge's call.]

[Nick's not worrying about Serge as the Chief is monitoring him].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:49 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin pondered, "Wouldn't be a permanent ward, for those reasons... hum, I do believe I could mask the shuttle; no need to worry about payment for it while I'm the pilot, though - if I need the ward up, I'll be too busy worrying about surviving to care about refunds. Permanent enhancements, on the other hand... we'll see what can be done. Certainly a subsystem could be patched in... hum..."

"I was considering a permanent ward for the shuttle, preferably one that can be activated and de activated simply, if you would work with Miss Bouchard and Mr King to see what can be done Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.

He nodded, "Won't just make teleporting out difficult, it'd make targeting anyone inside for any reason difficult, too - just the thing to toss up over the whole Chantry for a Union or Nephandi raid... as I said, I'm making preparations for the whole building for a crisis."

The Chief nodded at that.
"Very well Mr Wainwright if you would kindly set aside a moment when there is time after the mission to discuss options with me for protecting Steelhaven with your Scrambler rote."

He nodded, "That... sounds about right. Well, I'm sure Future Me has parts of it figured out by now. Or by then, whichever applies."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

Would help if during attack, cutting off enemy's comms. But we'd need an alternative method for ours.' the Etherite said crisply.

"Hum...is that a possible tweak Mr Wainwright to weaponize the scrambler to interfere with an enemy craft's ehm...ability to interact the Umbra around it?"
The old Hermetic asked.

Nicole gave a frown to this. 'I... think they already exist sir, if I remember right. Stealth ships and all that. Want me to ask about at Concordia's dock?'

"Yes that would be most useful Miss Bouchard, the shuttle is small and it's weapons are insignificant I would like to better the chance of it not ending up in a sticky situation, the Umbra can be a dangerous place."
The Chief said with an nod.

And how will they get there if the first wave splits the Chantry in half, like it did last time?'

"Teleporting in should still be possible and yes a massive attack is a weakness of the Chantry but that do not mean we should not try to better our defenses Miss Bouchard."
The old Hermetic commented.

[Seattle, 1.45]

He perked an ear toward the door, straining to hear, ready to step in like an angry Ahab as soon as he thought Serge was in immediate danger... or as soon as Big Chris came to the door. But this was Serge's moment to do his thing, so he'd have to trust the kid... much as he'd prefer to keep the kid safe at home instead.

You saw Big Chris speak with Serge and the man was indeed big. Mia chuckle from your soul and comments.
"Ah you think what you see is big, you should see things from my perspective."
The bouncer seamed to be buying what Serge was telling him though, at least for now.

"Nah that should be more than enough..." Serge said still feigning trying to power on the tablet. After a few seconds he muttered "Give me a sec. This things been acting funny all day. I swear to God if it fails now...."

He then made a show of trying harder and harder to get the tablet to work. Pushing the button with more and more intensity each time and holding it down for different lengths of time. Pressing the home button in a similar fashion. And tapping on the blank screen uselessly.

Knowing the next part was the most crucial, Serge brought together all of his acting skill for what he said next.

"....For fucks sake." he said with a resigned sigh. The sound of a man who had been though so many minor setbacks that he could only sigh in disappointment at his own misfortune. "Sorry man....I think this things busted or something. So much for the digital future...."

"Might be due to the rain, they say the things are water proof but they never are."
Big Chris grunted.
"I have never trusted the things anyway."

He ran his hair through his slick hair trying pretending he was slightly frustration by what had happened. "Don't worry though. I got some actual papers that you can sign back in the truck. Although....seeing how much it's pouring I'm worried they might get wet in the rain if I brought them outside. And trust me, you do NOT want those papers to get wet. Unless you want to wait another week for the countertop. So it might be better if you signed them back at the truck. Maybe even check out the countertop while your there to make sure there's hasn't been a mix up again."

This actually seamed to cheer the huge man up, he gave the broken tablet the same look that Jeffry tended to give elecgtronic things, like if it was a dead rat.
"I much prefer to do things on paper anyway."
He grunted again, he seamed to enjoy grunting allot.
"Listen kid I jsut want the club's kinky countertop I don't care how I sign for it."
He said.
"Sure I will go with you checking the countertop is not a bad idea my boss will have a fit if it is another box of pink champagne glases."
He said and as he spoke the woman you had seen inside came over with an umbrella, not saying anything she was jsut there serving the big guy's needs but he waved her away.
"Ok then kid lead the way I have things to do before we open tonight."
Big Chris grunted again as he dismissed Ellie and the umbrella her clearly did not worry about the rain and he made a gesture for Serge to lead the way, it seamed like he wanted to leave the club for a moment and the prospect of not having to deal with machines had put him in a good mood.

(OOC: Fae often do not like modern electronics, they have to much banality.)

(OOC 2: We tend to put in two days with lighter food to prevent getting completely over stuffed. On 2 Christmas day my mother usually make turkey soup for us we have for two days. Also welcome back Warp.)

(OOC 3: I love the internal dialogue of Nicole questioning whatever or not it is right to kill Big Chris, great roleplaying.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:52 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:The Chief nodded at that.
"Very well Mr Wainwright if you would kindly set aside a moment when there is time after the mission to discuss options with me for protecting Steelhaven with your Scrambler rote."
Nicole wrote:'Would help if during attack, cutting off enemy's comms. But we'd need an alternative method for ours.' the Etherite said crisply.
Anja wrote:"Hum...is that a possible tweak Mr Wainwright to weaponize the scrambler to interfere with an enemy craft's ehm...ability to interact the Umbra around it?"
The old Hermetic asked.
Colin pondered, then nodded, "It'd be something very much like an EMP, in modern terms - knocking out all sensors beyond mundane line of sight. I guess that would be problematic for Umbral navigation, unless you're piloting the equivalent of a dinghy. Well, even then, really... But it'll take the form of a barrier, separating the inside from the outside. We'd be able to communicate internally, just not with the outside - good for us, bad for intruders."

Nicole wrote:'How about cyborgs, or inorganics?'
He shook his head, "Too much of the thinky bits, I'm afraid - best I could reliably do with cybernetics is an electrical overload, at least for now - the Scrambler simply doesn't work like that. It's more like painting over graffiti on the wall. It's still there underneath the fresh coat of paint, but you can't see it."

Anja wrote:"I was considering a permanent ward for the shuttle, preferably one that can be activated and de activated simply, if you would work with Miss Bouchard and Mr King to see what can be done Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.
Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a frown to this. 'I... think they already exist sir, if I remember right. Stealth ships and all that. Want me to ask about at Concordia's dock?'
Anja wrote:"Yes that would be most useful Miss Bouchard, the shuttle is small and it's weapons are insignificant I would like to better the chance of it not ending up in a sticky situation, the Umbra can be a dangerous place."
The Chief said with an nod.
He nodded, "I think it should be quite viable to adapt an existing upgrade to my Rote, yes. Not identical to the current standard stealth systems, I'm sure, but certainly not something I would expect to be an impossible reconfiguration. I'll go over the underlying principles with you later, Nicole. You might find something close on sale."

Nicole wrote:'And how will they get there if the first wave splits the Chantry in half, like it did last time?'
Anja wrote:"Teleporting in should still be possible and yes a massive attack is a weakness of the Chantry but that do not mean we should not try to better our defenses Miss Bouchard."
The old Hermetic commented.
He nodded, "The Scrambler mages targeting difficult. If they're already inside, well, not much to be done about that, but they'll be cut off from communicating easily with their allies on the outside. And that will be to our advantage, if their coordination is shot."

[Seattle, 1.45]
Anja wrote:You saw Big Chris speak with Serge and the man was indeed big. Mia chuckle from your soul and comments.
"Ah you think what you see is big, you should see things from my perspective."
The bouncer seamed to be buying what Serge was telling him though, at least for now.
He smiled wryly, thinking back, 'Everything's relative, my dear. He's big for a man, but our new Labyrinthine friend is a lot bigger yet.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:40 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin pondered, then nodded, "It'd be something very much like an EMP, in modern terms - knocking out all sensors beyond mundane line of sight. I guess that would be problematic for Umbral navigation, unless you're piloting the equivalent of a dinghy. Well, even then, really... But it'll take the form of a barrier, separating the inside from the outside. We'd be able to communicate internally, just not with the outside - good for us, bad for intruders."

"I do not know what an EMP is Mr Wainwright but what you talk about sound practical for a Umbral conflict, see if you can work out the details and come to me with the result."
Jeffry ordered.

He nodded, "I think it should be quite viable to adapt an existing upgrade to my Rote, yes. Not identical to the current standard stealth systems, I'm sure, but certainly not something I would expect to be an impossible reconfiguration. I'll go over the underlying principles with you later, Nicole. You might find something close on sale."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Keep med updated of the progress with this project."
He instructed.

He nodded, "The Scrambler mages targeting difficult. If they're already inside, well, not much to be done about that, but they'll be cut off from communicating easily with their allies on the outside. And that will be to our advantage, if their coordination is shot."

Again the Chief just nodded at this.

[Seattle, 1.45]

He smiled wryly, thinking back, 'Everything's relative, my dear. He's big for a man, but our new Labyrinthine friend is a lot bigger yet.'

"Yes he is, so everything is indeed relative. However this man might be a bit of a challenge to take down."
Mia commented.
"All of your group should be careful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:54 am

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:"Might be due to the rain, they say the things are water proof but they never are."
Big Chris grunted.
"I have never trusted the things anyway."

"I know right. Companies these day man. Just want to take your money. And they'll lie straight to your face to do it." Serge said with a disappointed shake of his head.

Anja wrote:This actually seamed to cheer the huge man up, he gave the broken tablet the same look that Jeffry tended to give electronic things, like if it was a dead rat.
"I much prefer to do things on paper anyway."
He grunted again, he seamed to enjoy grunting allot.
"Listen kid I just want the club's kinky countertop I don't care how I sign for it."
He said.
"Sure I will go with you checking the countertop is not a bad idea my boss will have a fit if it is another box of pink champagne glasses."
He said and as he spoke the woman you had seen inside came over with an umbrella, not saying anything she was just there serving the big guy's needs but he waved her away.
"Ok then kid lead the way I have things to do before we open tonight."
Big Chris grunted again as he dismissed Ellie and the umbrella her clearly did not worry about the rain and he made a gesture for Serge to lead the way, it seamed like he wanted to leave the club for a moment and the prospect of not having to deal with machines had put him in a good mood.

"Sweet! Follow me then. Shouldn't take two seconds." Serge said as he gestured for the man to follow him. Once the large man did so Serge would begin leading him back to the location of the ambush.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:54 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking of Chantry, sir. Screw up enemy's ability to command forces once in action.'

Anja's Post:

'I know; plan to see if we can get some teeth for the ship too.' ending with a nod.

Colin's Post:

'A conversation for the folks at the dock, I think.'

Anja's Post:

'Erm... that wasn't a "don't do anything", sir. More a problem we need to address. That if the attack starts on the first floor, they don't have to get far at all to cut the stairwell.'

[I've wondered that for some time now; Nick would show up on 'Sense Weaver', right?]

[I had steak, mushrooms and onion gravy for that dinner. As I was housesitting and alone.]

[Fleshing out the fact that Nick's a reluctant warrior, one who didn't really chose to be one either.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:08 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

'Was thinking of Chantry, sir. Screw up enemy's ability to command forces once in action.'

Jeffry thought for a moment and nodded again.
"It is not a bad idea Miss Bouchard, talk it over with Mr Wainwright and see what can be done."

'I know; plan to see if we can get some teeth for the ship too.' ending with a nod.

"That would be useful Miss Bouchard, the shuttle is capable of middle Umbra travel but it is under armed for such a voyage, there are things out there I would not want to face unarmed."
The Chief said and he nodded approvingly.

'Erm... that wasn't a "don't do anything", sir. More a problem we need to address. That if the attack starts on the first floor, they don't have to get far at all to cut the stairwell.'

"The problem is that Steelhaven was built as a school originally and not to be a defensible building. I am open to any suggestions on how to better security though and we will see what can be done."
The old Hermetic agreed.

[Seattle, 1.45]

"I know right. Companies these day man. Just want to take your money. And they'll lie straight to your face to do it." Serge said with a disappointed shake of his head.

"I don't know about companies but I know I don't trust all of this modern technology. I mean it have it's uses by all means but ti also help to make this world into a hell of plastic and glass with no wonder or soul."
Big Chris grumbled.
"Well that is not your problem kid let us get the counter top signed for so you can be on your way I am sure you have more stops to get to."
He added with a shrug and another grunt for good measure.

"Sweet! Follow me then. Shouldn't take two seconds." Serge said as he gestured for the man to follow him. Once the large man did so Serge would begin leading him back to the location of the ambush.

The big man told Ellie to stay again then the trudged out into the rain following Serge's directions.
"This better not be another club's party effects again."
He grumbled.

Nicole and the rest of you, from where you are hidden, well with Nicole not so much hidden you see Serge on the way with a absolutely huge man. Nicole the senses given by your Ratkin blood sort of react you can feel the danger of this man, I mean it is nothing to bad but it is like if you feel a warning deep inside honed for generation by creatures used to fighting not to get crushed underfoot. Serge seamed to have the big man fooled though and he was following behind the Cultist while grumbling about mix ups in shipping and hoping some frilly shit of a nightclub have not gotten his kinky counter top.

(OOC: Yes I believe that she would yes.)

(OOC 2: For Christmas I had turkey with mushed broccoli, potatoes and creamy sauce. For New Years we had calf steak also with potatoes, mushed broccoli and cream sauce. It was just me and my mother here.)

(OOC 3: Yeah that is something that will be interesting to see flashed out.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:37 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

'Don't think it even meets fire-code, sir. Though our location does help as a full-out assault is less likely.'

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Nicole didn't buy in to that feeling being anything magical whatsoever. However, she did trust her gut instinct, which had served her well. On glancing and seeing the target starting their approach, suppressed a little smile. Instead hauled herself up off the crates, giving a little groan as she did so, playing the surly hungover worker called into work on their day off. Giving Serge a clear look of disdain, she then took a long drag from her cigarette and flicked it out of the van.

'If you quite done, kid p'haps we can make this delivery?' she said sourly, accent thick, moving out of the van's rear and jumping out onto the ground.

[Which is partly why I made her so anarchic - would counteract her 'weaver rating' a bit.]

[Mashed broccoli? Is that a thing in Norway, then? Veal is also pretty hard to get here.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next