Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 28 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Nicole didn't overly care about the pain the prisoner was in; firstly, it was much less than the pain of say having a round or two entering the body, secondly she was part of the cause of this very shitty day and thirdly was becoming acutely aware of her need for lunch, a drink and possibly a shower.

On hearing the main enemy seemed to be rallying their remaining forces, Nicole gave a soft groan. Why, oh why couldn't they face stupid enemies which allowed them to pick off the hostiles in isolation...

'Any chance we can do a repeat with that vial of explosive shit earlier?' she'll state; half thinking aloud, half a question.

[Here, 'MacGyvering' is seen as making something from seemingly inexplicable components - like an gun out of things from a stationary drawer. What you describe we'd call 'jury-rigged' / 'bodged' or 'lashed-up']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 28 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Adley Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Most mundane anestetics will either take some time to work or make her rather sluggish, I have some strong morphine in my bag but then she will not be much use to us." Thorn said and sigh. "But if you have something applying something that will relax the muscle asterwards might lessen the discomfort as she walks and also cold might help, you are a Flambeau are you not? Perhaps you could freeze a water bottle, that way magick is not used on the site directly, just ice, but that might actually reduce her discomfort quite a bit and help prevent swelling."

"True, I was more thinking about something topical. But that's a good idea, the ice," he agreed with a nod.

You had the wet wipes Jeffry had given you earlier and a small bottle of water, Cacilia let you help wipe her face clean and she accepted a bit of water, though she was still breathing rather quickly and shivering eventually she glanced up at you. "Thank you." She muttered about the water. "Is it over?"

"Yes," he assured her. "I can try to cool this water bottle down, for the pain," he offered.

"I...understand."
The hedge wizard muttered weakly as she tried to get to her feet, not a easy task with her arms bound and she groaned sharply as she put weight on her leg.
"I...ehm...I am okey I think."
She said, she still looked scared and weak but at least she was getting back to her senses.
"I will do as I have promised and lead your group through the Labyrinth as best I can."
She whispered.

"Thank you," he said, offering to help her up if she would let him.

effry noded and said softly not to scare the woman further.
"Good for we need to go, that letter on the telephone right now was from your Cabalmate mea filius, Larson herself is on the move she was last seen with a considerable group in the armory, which is not likely to be a good thing for us."
Darrian to where checking his phone and frowning.
"Not good at all."

He frowned at that news. "Better get moving then..." He supposed if one was to have a last holdout, the armory was the place to get your gear and the caul was the place it was likely to happen in. He glanced at Cecilia, prompting her to try to remember the traps and help Master Haagan and the others to deal with them.

On hearing the main enemy seemed to be rallying their remaining forces, Nicole gave a soft groan. Why, oh why couldn't they face stupid enemies which allowed them to pick off the hostiles in isolation... 'Any chance we can do a repeat with that vial of explosive shit earlier?' she'll state; half thinking aloud, half a question.

"If they're locking themselves into the caul chamber, they might try using that gas again or frying us from within the safety of their enclave. No doubt there's going to be more than the usual problem of the doors..." he mused, trying to think of how they might break them out of their holdout. "past the mess hall are a set of locked doors which hold their ritual rooms. Taking the corridor right there is a set of warded double doors, the Caul is behind those...the ward keeps out those not Fallen via pain...they'll have put up new traps, probably like these to slow us down."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's Strike team at the Labyrinth at 2 in the afternoon.)

Nicole didn't overly care about the pain the prisoner was in; firstly, it was much less than the pain of say having a round or two entering the body, secondly she was part of the cause of this very shitty day and thirdly was becoming acutely aware of her need for lunch, a drink and possibly a shower.

You think it likely Cecilia was more scared than in pain though the serum might hurt.

On hearing the main enemy seemed to be rallying their remaining forces, Nicole gave a soft groan. Why, oh why couldn't they face stupid enemies which allowed them to pick off the hostiles in isolation...

'Any chance we can do a repeat with that vial of explosive shit earlier?' she'll state; half thinking aloud, half a question.

"If we could get the drop of them all standing close together without them noticing us yes perhaps we can do that, but I doubt we will have that kind of luck."
Darrian said and frowned.

"True, I was more thinking about something topical. But that's a good idea, the ice," he agreed with a nod.

"I did not bring any, most topical anestetics needs quite a bit of time to work and so are less useful in a combat situation, but I can get some once we are out of here which might help if she still feels any discomfort then. Topical anesteitcs will not help much if that shit is going into a muscle though as it only numb the skin."
Thorn said and frowned.
"Yeah ice usually do the trick."

"Yes," he assured her. "I can try to cool this water bottle down, for the pain," he offered.

Cecilia nodded about your offer to cool the water bottle down to ease her discomfort.
"I would appriciate it, thank you."
She muttered and took a few deep breaths to steady herself.
"Sorry...about the fuss, I guess the prelatus'....experiments affected me more than...well little point in talking about him now."
She said and she gave you an uneasy look.

"Thank you," he said, offering to help her up if she would let him.

Cecilia let you help her to her feet, again she winced when she put weight on her leg, she gave you a grateful look for the help up.

He frowned at that news. "Better get moving then..." He supposed if one was to have a last holdout, the armory was the place to get your gear and the caul was the place it was likely to happen in. He glanced at Cecilia, prompting her to try to remember the traps and help Master Haagan and the others to deal with them.

Jeffry nodded.
"We move towards the Caul."
He ordered clearly having the same ideas that you did about it. Cicilia begun pointing out traps, three more on the floors, two on the walls and another near the other door that Darrian poured his potion on.
"We can leave this room now."
The hedge wizard said.
"And we should be safe for the next hallway but then there are more traps."

"If they're locking themselves into the caul chamber, they might try using that gas again or frying us from within the safety of their enclave. No doubt there's going to be more than the usual problem of the doors..." he mused, trying to think of how they might break them out of their holdout.

"Agreed the situation is undesierable but we have to move on them."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"The problem is that they are on their home grounds, and have the opertunity to dig in and hole up and that will make getting them out dificult and dangerous."

"past the mess hall are a set of locked doors which hold their ritual rooms. Taking the corridor right there is a set of warded double doors, the Caul is behind those...the ward keeps out those not Fallen via pain...they'll have put up new traps, probably like these to slow us down."

"We are going to have to move on the Caul, those wards will need to be taken down and that might take time and I am still concerned about the other spirits."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Hum...I might try to use one of their own tactics against them, making more or less a magickal bomb that will go off if I do down and I can direct the blast to keep our own group safe but that will badly damage the ship."

[Serge] (Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at two in the afternoon.)

A simple scene was drawn once again of the party arriving on horseback and setting up camp.

More detail was placed on the background which depicted the lake of answers. A large body of water with water as blue as the sky and the surface shimmering like diamonds.

It was Cava's turn again and she said.
"Morning come and our heroes where rested, after a quick brekfast they went down to the lake. "I will go first." said Vincent and he went down to the lake, dipped his hands into the waster and took a sip. "Are there more enemies in this woods." He asked and then he heard a voice that said. "Yes three foes still need to be overcome."
Yu Die took her turn.
"When she saw that Vincent had not suffered any ill effect from the water Dr Moonlight went down to the lake and took a sip. "Where is the sacred flower?" She asked and she heard in her head the lake reply. "Follow the silver path past three obstacles and you will find it right at the heart of the forest."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:48 pm

It was Cava's turn again and she said.
"Morning come and our heroes where rested, after a quick brekfast they went down to the lake. "I will go first." said Vincent and he went down to the lake, dipped his hands into the waster and took a sip. "Are there more enemies in this woods." He asked and then he heard a voice that said. "Yes three foes still need to be overcome."

He drew Vincent (who was beginning to look more and more like Serge) taking a sip of the water and hearing a disembodied voice coming from nowhere, much to his surprise.

Yu Die took her turn.
"When she saw that Vincent had not suffered any ill effect from the water Dr Moonlight went down to the lake and took a sip. "Where is the sacred flower?" She asked and she heard in her head the lake reply. "Follow the silver path past three obstacles and you will find it right at the heart of the forest."

This time he drew the horned women taking a drink of the miracle water. Alongside the voice, Serge drew the mental image that Dr. Moonlight received. The image of a silver path with the 3 shadowy figured in the background to symbolize the three obstacles that existed on it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:38 pm

He drew Vincent (who was beginning to look more and more like Serge) taking a sip of the water and hearing a disembodied voice coming from nowhere, much to his surprise.

"You know Sir, Vincent sort of looks a bit like you."
Jane said and pointed at your drawing.

This time he drew the horned women taking a drink of the miracle water. Alongside the voice, Serge drew the mental image that Dr. Moonlight received. The image of a silver path with the 3 shadowy figured in the background to symbolize the three obstacles that existed on it.

It was Liv's turn and Jane translated.
"The pirate was the next man up, he took a healthy swing of the magical water and asked. "Is there any tressure we can use to defeat our foes?" In his head he heard the reply. "Yes to the south you will find a crystal blade that will cut down the first foe, and to the west an enchanted rope for the second but for the third you have only yourselves and your wits to rely on."
Jane took her own turn.
"Lilywater was next she sipped the water and asked "Is there anything left of the darkness in me." She got the reply "Not more than in every person, but as the darkness left you a key was left behind, a key to unlock the path that needs to be taken."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Nicole visibly rolled her eyes at the goings-on about water-bottles and the like; there was more important things to worry about in her book. With one hand, pulled out a chocolate bar of some form, tore it open with her teeth and shoved half of it into her mouth.

Once the group finally started moving, Nicole followed, keeping watch for hostiles... and half an eye on their prisoner. When the Chief mentioned his plan, the large woman gave an annoyed grunt.

'Will someone tell me why it's so important we don't damage the damn ship?'

[I don't think anyone has actually *told* her yet...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:27 pm

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's Strike team at the Labyrinth at 2 in the afternoon.)

Nicole visibly rolled her eyes at the goings-on about water-bottles and the like; there was more important things to worry about in her book. With one hand, pulled out a chocolate bar of some form, tore it open with her teeth and shoved half of it into her mouth.

Once the group finally started moving, Nicole followed, keeping watch for hostiles... and half an eye on their prisoner. When the Chief mentioned his plan, the large woman gave an annoyed grunt.

Jeffry glanced at you as you grunted.
"Did you have something to add to the plan of attack Miss, for if so I would be happy to hear it."
He said said politely.

Jeffry pulled his note book out of his pocked and wrote down.
"One of our members have made an arangement with the Handler of this living, sentient ship, the ship have been making sure the doors are open to us and makes it as hard as possible for our enemies to navigate around and it do not attack us, in return we try to keep it as intact as possible so it can leave for the deep Umbra when we are done there. We will have to try to capture the Handler of course to follow the law but, we will get to that in time."
The old Hermetic handed you the note not wanting to speak about this out loud in case someone where listening.

(OOC: Nope no one have told her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:33 pm

"You know Sir, Vincent sort of looks a bit like you."
Jane said and pointed at your drawing.

"Really?" Serge said with genuine surprise. It "I hadn't noticed. Man I'd love to be as cool as Vincent."

Looking from the myriad of papers in front of him Serge asked, "What about you girls? Which characters would you like to be?"

"The pirate was the next man up, he took a healthy swing of the magical water and asked. "Is there any tressure we can use to defeat our foes?" In his head he heard the reply. "Yes to the south you will find a crystal blade that will cut down the first foe, and to the west an enchanted rope for the second but for the third you have only yourselves and your wits to rely on."

Serge drew the items needed to overcome the foes. The crystal blade that looked so sharp it threatened to cut the paper it was drawn on. An enchanted rope that seemed to move on it's own and coil up like a snake. And wits which Serge drew as a chess board for lack of a better way to symbolize the abstract concept.

Jane took her own turn.
"Lilywater was next she sipped the water and asked "Is there anything left of the darkness in me." She got the reply "Not more than in every person, but as the darkness left you a key was left behind, a key to unlock the path that needs to be taken."

Serge drew Lilywater and a key that was glowing inside of her.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:34 am

Anja's Post:

'Hmg?' Nicole replied, showering bits of chocolate everywhere. After swallowing, she continued. 'They're repeating what we did earlier in the kitchen, right? So... is there anything we can do to force them to come out and fight?'

Anja's Post:

She looked at it for a moment, then nodded. That was a fair reason...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 am

[Labyrinth, Dalisse's Chambers, 2PM]
"Agreed, with all that have happened she might be getting suspicious after all."
Dalisse said and went back to the table where she had cast magick before.
"We have the silt at least, that is one line of defense, but we should prepare some others as well, for if we are going down we will not do so easily."
Colin nodded and went to fetch the jug of silt to set it back by the entrance, then took careful stock of the furniture, "Hum, a maw at the door might be too time-consuming to arrange... but would a fire gland like the one you have for the tea kettle be possible to set up at about eye level by the door? Something simple like that would probably be harder to quickly counterspell..."

((OOC: Yeah, though MacGyver himself was never fond of firearms, making, say, a sufficiently powerful projectile weapon from three lengths of metal pipe, a small gas canister and a bag of marbles would certainly fall into the definition, too. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:14 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

(2, 6, 8

I don't have the Skill XD)

Tane tried to see if the sword or something thrown could pass the barrier
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:04 am

'Hmg?' Nicole replied, showering bits of chocolate everywhere. After swallowing, she continued. 'They're repeating what we did earlier in the kitchen, right? So... is there anything we can do to force them to come out and fight?'

"Hopefully we can find a way to do just that Miss, however unless they are stupid chances are they are not going to fall for trickery easilly."
Jeffry said and frowned.

She looked at it for a moment, then nodded. That was a fair reason...

"If we have to damage the ship to win this struggle off course then we have to but I will try my best to avoid this and keep the ship friendly towards us."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.

"Really?" Serge said with genuine surprise. It "I hadn't noticed. Man I'd love to be as cool as Vincent."

Yu Die and Liv looked at one another the two girls had experience with actual sword fighting and probably found Vincent rather unrealistic they said nothing though. Cava nodded.
"He is pretty cool Sir but I think you are cooler who can draw anything you wish."
She said and smiled.

Looking from the myriad of papers in front of him Serge asked, "What about you girls? Which characters would you like to be?"

"I would like to be as pretty as Princess Katine."
Cava said.
"I want to be a doctor so I guess I would like to be like Dr Moonlight."
Jane commented.
"Hum having Alexa's ice magick would be cool."
Yu Die said and smiled.

Serge drew Lilywater and a key that was glowing inside of her.

Rosa took over and said.
"Alexa was next she formed a cup out of ice and took a sip out of the magical spring and asked "Is there a map that lead the way towards the sacred flower?" With this she got the ability to make a map out of ice that would show the way."
Cava took over again.
"Jonah was the last man out and he took a small sip of the waster and asked. "Are any of the foes we have to face a pretty girl?" He then heard the answer in his head as the others rolled their eyes at him. "Yes the second obstacle is a beautiful wind fairy named Lime." Jonah grinned at that quite sure he would be able to seduce Lime and clear the path.

[Colin] (Labyrinth at ca 2 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded and went to fetch the jug of silt to set it back by the entrance, then took careful stock of the furniture, "Hum, a maw at the door might be too time-consuming to arrange... but would a fire gland like the one you have for the tea kettle be possible to set up at about eye level by the door? Something simple like that would probably be harder to quickly counterspell..."

"Yes a heat gland I should be able to have the ship grow rather quickly, give me a moment please."
Dalisse said and she closed her eyes for a moment then she smiled a little.
"The gland is being grown."
She informed you.

(OOC: Anna is apalled at the idea of using marbles as bullets, give them to her instead. Razz )

(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply, my cat held me up all night by mauing, every time I was close to falling asleep she would mau until I fed her, petted her or did something else she wanted.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:08 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Tane tried to see if the sword or something thrown could pass the barrier

You tried to intimidate the Nephandi woman but she did not seam to be to scared of you, she knew exactly how powerful she was. You tried to toss a bowl from a neaby table but neither that nor your sword passed through her barriar.

Suddenly the woman glanced down at one of the runes on her staff and sigh.
"It seams we are going to have to cut this short."
She said and she begun to trace one of the other runes on the staff with her fingers while softly chanting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm

[Labyrinth, Dalisse's Chambers, 2ish]
"Yes a heat gland I should be able to have the ship grow rather quickly, give me a moment please."
Dalisse said and she closed her eyes for a moment then she smiled a little.
"The gland is being grown."
She informed you.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That should at least have a chance at temporarily blinding or unsettling anyone who barges in. Long enough for us to respond..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That should at least have a chance at temporarily blinding or unsettling anyone who barges in. Long enough for us to respond..."

Dalisse nodded at that she looked at little nervous then she frowned.
"Any other defenses you can think of Colin, if Lady Larson send anyone our way?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:13 pm

Rosa took over and said.
"Alexa was next she formed a cup out of ice and took a sip out of the magical spring and asked "Is there a map that lead the way towards the sacred flower?" With this she got the ability to make a map out of ice that would show the way."

Serge drew the next of the lake's prizes, a map made out of shimmering ice.

Cava took over again.
"Jonah was the last man out and he took a small sip of the waster and asked. "Are any of the foes we have to face a pretty girl?" He then heard the answer in his head as the others rolled their eyes at him. "Yes the second obstacle is a beautiful wind fairy named Lime." Jonah grinned at that quite sure he would be able to seduce Lime and clear the path.

This time Serge drew Lime, a wind fairy who looked somewhat like Limewater except she had longer more free-flowing hair and was arguably prettier than the forest Nymph.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:35 pm

'Hmm... is there some way we can get back one of those canisters, then shove it into the room? Would get 'em to quit it quick.' Nicole said thoughtfully, continuing to keep watch on their surroundings.

[My cats announcements are usually 'I want in/out!' [despite there being an actual cat-flap] or 'I have a gift!' [not sure what was worse; the fox-leg or the seagull].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Cecilia nodded about your offer to cool the water bottle down to ease her discomfort. "I would appriciate it, thank you."
She muttered and took a few deep breaths to steady herself. "Sorry...about the fuss, I guess the prelatus'....experiments affected me more than...well little point in talking about him now." She said and she gave you an uneasy look.

"I understand that. I am not wishing to rush you, however time is critical." With that, he took some cloth or bandages, added water to them and then tried to cool it down by drawing the heat away from them, gesturing and incanting for ignis and the sign for control, rego, so it could be applied as a cold compress. If he noticed Nicole's eye rolls, he ignored them. But he found the spell, which seemed easy enough though it did demand some finesse, to be giving him some trouble...

Jeffry nodded. "We move towards the Caul." He ordered

"Yes, sir."

Cicilia begun pointing out traps, three more on the floors, two on the walls and another near the other door that Darrian poured his potion on.
"We can leave this room now."
The hedge wizard said.
"And we should be safe for the next hallway but then there are more traps."

"Do you know where those are?" he asked, though he was giving the area one more go over - just in case. He continued helping Cecelia along so they could get rid of the traps and move onward.

Agreed the situation is undesierable but we have to move on them." Jeffry said and frowned. "The problem is that they are on their home grounds, and have the opertunity to dig in and hole up and that will make getting them out dificult and dangerous."

He looked thoughtful as his pater talked about digging. "Hrm, is there more than one way inside..." The ship was organic, Colin was with the handler, maybe there was a way to get in through a backdoor so to speak, some kind of vent or something...

quote]'Hmg?' Nicole replied, showering bits of chocolate everywhere. After swallowing, she continued. 'They're repeating what we did earlier in the kitchen, right? So... is there anything we can do to force them to come out and fight?'[/quote]
"Hopefully we can find a way to do just that Miss, however unless they are stupid chances are they are not going to fall for trickery easilly."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"We are going to have to move on the Caul, those wards will need to be taken down and that might take time and I am still concerned about the other spirits."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Hum...I might try to use one of their own tactics against them, making more or less a magickal bomb that will go off if I do down and I can direct the blast to keep our own group safe but that will badly damage the ship."
When the Chief mentioned his plan, the large woman gave an annoyed grunt.
Jeffry pulled his note book out of his pocked and wrote

He glanced at Nicole, and then nodded when his pater looked to be telling her why and then said, "Speaking of falling for something, they'd probably be expecting us to blast the doors in. I would be..."

'Hmm... is there some way we can get back one of those canisters, then shove it into the room? Would get 'em to quit it quick.' Nicole said thoughtfully, continuing to keep watch on their surroundings.

"I think some of them are protected against that stuff," he said, trying to recall if anyone but Jace had the 'cure'. "Doesn't seem everyone was, however, given our encounter here," he mused.

// 1, 0, 4 - 4, 5, 9 - well, it wasn't a botch at least, so he tried again w/ +1 to diff

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:44 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2PM]
Dalisse nodded at that she looked at little nervous then she frowned.
"Any other defenses you can think of Colin, if Lady Larson send anyone our way?"
Colin shrugged, "I am fairly good at improvisation, and quite adept at aerial combat, but setting up interior defenses is not my strongest suit... Let's see, traps at the door, I have a loaded gun with some particularly efficient bullets against the Fallen; not so sure how well they will work against others such as vampires or the Changing Folk... What else... Ah, of course, the passages outside here - can you make it harder to traverse the corridors leading to your chambers? Replacing the oxygen with carbon monoxide, for example, is an efficient lethal option that would certainly cause impressive attrition to anyone trying to get in here the normal way..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 pm

"One of the cannisters of gas?"
Jeffry asked and he got a look of distaste on his face.
"Well I can not deny that it is effective, but we do not have any of those left if I would ever consider using the vile things."
Cecilia looked up.
"There might be some left in the...Prelate's lab...but I am not going there I am just not!"
She said nervously.

"I understand that. I am not wishing to rush you, however time is critical." With that, he took some cloth or bandages, added water to them and then tried to cool it down by drawing the heat away from them, gesturing and incanting for ignis and the sign for control, rego, so it could be applied as a cold compress. If he noticed Nicole's eye rolls, he ignored them. But he found the spell, which seemed easy enough though it did demand some finesse, to be giving him some trouble...

"I understand that Sir."
Cecilia said.
"I will try to be ready to move quickly,"
Your spell where....not one of your best eventually you did manage to cool the cloth down to create a ice cold bandage which would soothe Cecilia's rather upset leg muscle but it was not the most elegantly done. Jeffry glanced in your direction.
"Creating and removing and transmuting something are not the same and should not be done the same way, but at the same time, when removing heat it is easier to either move it so you create another route that use the heat you draw out of it, or you can offer that heat as a sacrifice to the forces you are working with, or to remember that heat and cold are the same, I know it can be hard due to modern science that puts heat as a positive and cold as a negative but at time increasing cold can be easier than removing heat.."
Jeffry said never missing a chance for a lesson even under these conditions.

"Do you know where those are?" he asked, though he was giving the area one more go over - just in case. He continued helping Cecelia along so they could get rid of the traps and move onward.

"Yes I do know where they are I helped to set them up as well."
Cecilia said she was limping a bit but moving fairly quickly along with the rest of your group now.

He looked thoughtful as his pater talked about digging. "Hrm, is there more than one way inside..." The ship was organic, Colin was with the handler, maybe there was a way to get in through a backdoor so to speak, some kind of vent or something...

"There are a secondary entrance trough a vent in the roof, for air and such, but it is narrow I doubt more than one person can move through it at once."
Cecilia said.

He glanced at Nicole, and then nodded when his pater looked to be telling her why and then said, "Speaking of falling for something, they'd probably be expecting us to blast the doors in. I would be..."

"It is likely they expect that yes and that they have a suprise for us waiting for if we do manage to break their door down, but if we find no other way to take them down the brute force method will have to be used."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"I think some of them are protected against that stuff," he said, trying to recall if anyone but Jace had the 'cure'. "Doesn't seem everyone was, however, given our encounter here," he mused.

"Prelatus Jace have made a...antidote to...the gas..."
Cecilia said and she looked down and shivered.
"But he had not made allot of it and Lady Larson have not been able to take the antidote, I heard them arguing about it. The Prelatus extracted the raw material from...living subjects but then he grew the antitote in chicken eggs much like you would grow eggs, but the Gilledian are allergic to eggs, deadly allergic, she ordered the Prelatus to make a verion of his antitote that well would not kill her."
The hedge wizard muttered.

This time Serge drew Lime, a wind fairy who looked somewhat like Limewater except she had longer more free-flowing hair and was arguably prettier than the forest Nymph.

It was Yu Die's turn and she said.
"Our heroes spent some time going over their plans but then they decided that they shhould go after the weapons first and they set out to retrive the crystal sword, much to Vincent's delight."
"It took our heroes a day of travel but as night fell again they came to a shimmering crystal cave with beautiful points that hung like ice from the roof and made the place look like living fire. The party tied their horses outside, and put the robot unicorn on charging and entered the fire crystal cave."

Colin shrugged, "I am fairly good at improvisation, and quite adept at aerial combat, but setting up interior defenses is not my strongest suit... Let's see, traps at the door, I have a loaded gun with some particularly efficient bullets against the Fallen; not so sure how well they will work against others such as vampires or the Changing Folk... What else... Ah, of course, the passages outside here - can you make it harder to traverse the corridors leading to your chambers? Replacing the oxygen with carbon monoxide, for example, is an efficient lethal option that would certainly cause impressive attrition to anyone trying to get in here the normal way..."

"And we have my magick, I might not be used to magickal combat but I can fling some spells when I have to."
Dalisse said and smiled then she nodded.
"I can close and seal the doors leading up to this chamber and change our the air in the compartments between doors, that should not be a problem but it would off course alert Lady Larson that something is wrong here unless she already knows."
The Handler said.
"But I can get right on that if you think I should."

(OOC: Maude used to give us gifts but she do not hurt much anymore, she tries but at soon to be 18 years of age her bad eyesight and artritis keep her from catching allot of prety, not that it is not fun to try to jump after the birdies still.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 pm

It was Yu Die's turn and she said.
"Our heroes spent some time going over their plans but then they decided that they should go after the weapons first and they set out to retrieve the crystal sword, much to Vincent's delight."

Serge drew a starry-eyed Vincent claiming that he would get the treasure only to get into an argument with the pirate as he also wanted the sword.

Their argument was quite fierce as both parties wanted their hands on the sword.

"It took our heroes a day of travel but as night fell again they came to a shimmering crystal cave with beautiful points that hung like ice from the roof and made the place look like living fire. The party tied their horses outside, and put the robot unicorn on charging and entered the fire crystal cave."

Vincent and the Pirate could still be seen arguing as the party rode on horseback towards their desired goal. However as stubborn as they were even they stopped their bickering to marvel at the crystalline wonder.

As the party ventured within each of the devious heroes sneakily took a small piece of crystal for themselves except the pirate......who took a much larger piece of crystal and was not sneaky about it in the slightest.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 pm

'Spider-woman got through vents, she did.' Nicole replied on Adley's question. 'And some of us won't get through 'em for sure.' clearly referring to herself.

Gave a little shrug at the Chief's... ethical hang-ups on using the gas; after all, all she was doing was presenting options...

'Is there an armoury here?' she wondered aloud. 'If we attack the door at range, might get their attention while others go in other ways.'

[Who said he caught them? Fox for sure he didn't. Plus, he's pretty old, fat and lazy. He's in a bit of a sulk at the moment 'cos the ravens were picking on him again...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 pm

'Spider-woman got through vents, she did.' Nicole replied on Adley's question. 'And some of us won't get through 'em for sure.' clearly referring to herself.

"I am sure members of our group can get through the vents yes the problem is that it will be hard to move a large portion of us through there quickly and easy to pick us off one by one as we stick our heads out of the vents."
Thorn said and frowned.

Gave a little shrug at the Chief's... ethical hang-ups on using the gas; after all, all she was doing was presenting options...

'Is there an armoury here?' she wondered aloud. 'If we attack the door at range, might get their attention while others go in other ways.'

"There is an armory yes that is where Larson and her men are holed up according to the letter I got on my phone."
Jeffry said.
"So reaching it might prove dificult...attacking the door might draw attenting the question is how quickly someone can move through those vents and whatever or not one person will be able to do anything or if we will just be sending that person to their doom."
The old Hermetic continued.

(OOC: Oh so he just finds dead animals and bring you home as gifts...how thoughtful. Also ravens are pretty big for a cat, how did he pick a fight with them? Maude used to get into scrapes with magpies all the time but they are allot smaller.)

Vincent and the Pirate could still be seen arguing as the party rode on horseback towards their desired goal. However as stubborn as they were even they stopped their bickering to marvel at the crystalline wonder.

As the party ventured within each of the devious heroes sneakily took a small piece of crystal for themselves except the pirate......who took a much larger piece of crystal and was not sneaky about it in the slightest.

During Jane's turn the young Chorister said.
"The party ventured into the crystal cave it was dark save the light from their torches and Dr Moonlight's hort guiding them though the naturally created corridors full of beautiful crystals."
Rosa took over and said.
"Eventually they came to the furthest room in the cave, and there encased in a glass like crystal was a marvelous sword created from the very stalagmite that now encased it."
Thinking back on your drawings she smiled and added.
"The agrument as to who would get the sword rose up again when Dr Moonlight snarkely said. "What if we get it out of the rock first and then we can decide who is to wield it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 pm

During Jane's turn the young Chorister said.
"The party ventured into the crystal cave it was dark save the light from their torches and Dr Moonlight's hort guiding them though the naturally created corridors full of beautiful crystals."

Serge drew the caverns that the party traversed, making sure to detail the jagged crystals that created beautiful patterns along the cave walls.

Rosa took over and said.
"Eventually they came to the furthest room in the cave, and there encased in a glass like crystal was a marvelous sword created from the very stalagmite that now encased it."
Thinking back on your drawings she smiled and added.
"The agrument as to who would get the sword rose up again when Dr Moonlight snarkely said. "What if we get it out of the rock first and then we can decide who is to wield it?"

First he drew the crystal sword. A magnificent silver-blue blade that was made entirely out of the same material as a cave. Despite this it seemed to stand out amongst all of the other mineral in it's surroundings. It's blade shone dangerously showcasing it's sharpness and the outside of it's hilt remained as jagged as the stalactites outside, threatening to be just as dangerous as the blade.

Next Serge drew Vincent and the pirate reluctantly agreeing to hold off on fighting until they managed to get the sword out of the rock. Although despite this both swordsman stared at each other, making sure the other didn't do anything funny.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:59 pm

Nicole sucked her teeth for a moment before replying. 'Okay... if this is a ship, and it has air-vents, it has ventilation. Can't we simply flood the room or something?'

[Pair of ravens have a nest in the tree in the communal back garden - clash of territory. Might be an active plan to teach old Fatty to leave 'flying black things' alone, such as their offspring. Clever bastards, they are. Unlike Fatty.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next