Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 14 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Adley Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:19 am

Jeffry nodded at that."Perhaps...but it is hard to act without knowing what is going on in there." He said and as his phone pinged he looked at it and quickly wrote something. "Your Cabalmate says he is ok, and that he is going to try to negotiate with the Nephandi, offering them death for surrender I will, take that trade as long as I get Larson alive, I doubt they will take it but he might be able to figure out some more details we can use to take them down."

"Maybe we can find out...elsewise, we could try to make a new door...or create a series of shields as the doorway is not large but it would take some doing and time." He frowned, then as his pater told him about the call, his brow raised. At least it would give them time. As Nicole asked for more specifics, he nodded a few times in agreement to assessment of the situation and added, "The air elemental is keeping one of them without air, though if he's cut off too much or long he will die."

'So... we let them out of the corner. Let them trade Larsen for us letting them leave here breathing.' adjusting her poise for a moment, as though she was starting to get cramp. 'Question is; just how important is it that we end up with her alive?'

The old Hermetic looked very skeptical. "You are talking about letting three or four Nephandi live to cause moure problems later, it might solve our problem right now but...letting Nephandi live do not fill me with happiness."

"Then there's the legality of that - and enough of them knowing that not to believe such a thing..." he said, unsure if it were to be some ruse or not, but even if it were a straight on offer for whatever reason, there was a chance they'd just believe they were being tricked anyway.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 14 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:16 am

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

"Maybe we can find out...elsewise, we could try to make a new door...or create a series of shields as the doorway is not large but it would take some doing and time." He frowned, then as his pater told him about the call, his brow raised. At least it would give them time. As Nicole asked for more specifics, he nodded a few times in agreement to assessment of the situation and added, "The air elemental is keeping one of them without air, though if he's cut off too much or long he will die."

Jeffry nodded at this.
"These are all possibilities mea filius but the question is if they stand ready to act we can still have a problem even if we do not go through the door but it is a possibility...killing one of them who is already done might not be useful but the elemental might be able to give us more spsifics on what is going on in there."
The old Hermetic commented.

'Looks from here we need to pick the least worst option, then. Think our luck's all worn out now and we ain't gonna get a perfect ten score.' the large woman replied in a matter-of-fact way, ending with a "it's your call" gesture.

"Then there's the legality of that - and enough of them knowing that not to believe such a thing..." he said, unsure if it were to be some ruse or not, but even if it were a straight on offer for whatever reason, there was a chance they'd just believe they were being tricked anyway.

"The legality are on shaky ground, ideally a Fallen mage should be captured but killing them if capture is impossible or dangerous to the mission is allowed, and if defeating them is impossible no one is going to protest that one got away but letting them go to get Larson...hum if there is no other way that might be accepted, but yes they might think it is a trick but it is a possibility but I am not going to let them just fall us in the back."
Jeffry said and he considered for a moment before he picked up his phone and wrote to Colin.

"To: CW
You may offer the Nephandi trapped in there freefom if and I do stress if they surrender now and give us Larson alive. Their magick will be supressed by the serum, and their hands broken and the wounds will be set permanently hampering their magick, and making it harder for them to turn around and attack us. This is my absolutt final offer on the condition that this ends now.
Be Well
JM"

Jeffry glanced at Nicole and gave her a nod.
"I will offer them their lives, but I will break their hands before sending them on their way, I always keep my word, they will get free passage out of the labyrinth but this will ensure they can not easilly turn around and attack us and also I will have someone search hospitals for someone coming in with hand injuries."
He said in a hard tone of voice.
"At the very least it will hamper their magick in the future, most mages use their hands in one way or another for their magick. Then we will see what they respond."
The old Flambeau said clearly not liking this scenario but it might be the safest way to capture Lisa Larson alive.

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled thinly, "Because formally an enemy or not, Brandon is still a quite compassionate and decent person. He helped take a bit of Lady Dalisse's and the ship's pain away when an explosion hurt the ship earlier - Fallen or not, there aren't all that many who would willingly suffer to ease the pain of another. I think he may have a great destiny ahead of him - one wherein he can help develop a deeper understanding of magic, and perhaps even help others on their personal path. And much as I disagree with the Black Spiral, I can't quite justify tearing someone's Avatar apart for seeking their own individual nonexistence..."

Edmund nodded at this explination.
"Brandon is a kind kid, very well I will believe you Traditionalist, and thank you for sparing my brother's life and soul."
He said while Brandon gave you a devestated look over Edmund's plight.
"I will be ok kid, do not do anything that will get yourself captured."
Edmund told his brother and brandon looked down.
"But...I do not want you to die."
He whispered.

"It is true what the Traditions do to Fallen prisoners... well, mostly. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between...

The woman looked terrified for a moment.
"Yeah I suspected as much."
She muttered.
"But shit...shit!"

And what I offer you is the reassurance that you will be reborn, and that the one responsible for this entire bloody mess is destroyed utterly. Had not Larson's ambitions vastly outgrown her competence, neither this nor Abigail's Labyrinth in Chicago would have fallen today."

"Perhaps not but it was still your group who attacked us, we might not be pleased about Larson's leadership but you are the enemy."
Jeremiah hissed.

He frowned, "It was by my request that he was given air... slow suffocation from the asthma attack would have been too cruel and slow a death, even for an enemy. I cannot guarantee he will be executed instead of captured... however, between Larson and the assorted captives we will be rescuing, the logistics may be stretched too thin to bring him in alive. Of course, I cannot stop you from... preventing his capture, should you choose to not chance it on his behalf..."

The three Nephandi looked at one another for a moment and nodded.
"That is probably for the best."
The woman said. Jeremiah went over to the down man, drew a knife from his belt and opened the sick Nepahdnus' juggulars, a kinder way of doing it than slitting his throat and by that suffocating him.
"At least he will not be captured."
He muttered softly. The sick Nephandus started jerking slightly on the floor but he did not wake up as his blood flowed out over the floor.

He shook his head, "It is not easy, no... but a Master of House Flambeau is outside, and he knows it is the armoury. He's expecting an explosion, and I would be greatly surprised if he was not preparing some manner of containment for the anticipated blast.

The three of them hissed in anger at this news and gave one another uncertain looks.

As for trusting me - that is up to you, obviously, but I swear on my magic, I am parlaying in good faith. If any of you know the Tradition Laws, the Third Protocol is quite clear: A Mage's Word Is His Honour, Do Not Break A Sworn Vow."

The two others looked at Jeremiah who stood up after he had sent his sick friend on his way.
"It is true, breaking one's word carry stern penalties in the Traditions, off course proving this man an oathbreaker when the ones he have offered his word to are a group of Nephandi."
He said.
"Even so I think I would prefer to die fighting than be shot down like a dog."
He said but the two others looked scared.

He shook his head, "You are incorrect, Edmund. I offer you certainty. Certainty of reincarnation, certainty of a quick, painless death, and certainty that the treacherous harridan in the room with you will never reincarnate to bring your day to ruin again. If you were to successfully set off the detonation, you would have no guarantee you would be killed instantly, you would have no guarantee you would kill or even harm anyone outside the room, and most importantly, you would have no guarantee Larson pays for her crimes. Furthermore, our capture of Larson alive would help put a few more nails in the coffins for the Italians - a measure of vengeance for your Gilledian."
He glanced over at Brandon, "And, of course, I offer a glimmer of hope that you may be reunited with your brother in your next life. He will be here waiting, after all."

Edmund hesitated at that.
"I am not sure I would want to give up revenge on the Traditions to get Larson back..."
He said and looked at his brother for a moment.
"I do not want to get captured either but I am pretty sure we will die in the explosion we are planning, it should be pretty impressive."
He commented. The woman looked very nervous though.
"You are sure they would not take us alive Traditionalist and that we the way we are ended won't hurt?"
She asked and looked down.

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"Maybe send your consciousness back in time and telepathically converse with wise old mages from the past and get their advice and wisdom? That way your body stays in it's rightful place at the right time so reality can't get too angry with you." Serge added thinking that would be a fun little trick he might be able to do if he ever decided to learn time magick.

"I doubt that reality would be to happy about that either but it would be a good use of magick, imagine what one could learn."
Yu Die said and smiled.

"Introducing yourself is good. Better than my weird idea of wowing her with magickal fire fists." Serge said with a grin.

"I mean no disrespect Sir but if someone had put parts of their body aflame as a way to say hello to me, then I might have been less impressed than a bit worried they where touched in the head, that said I do nto have the ability to put my fists on fire other than well you know the old fashioned way that ends with a nasty trip to the ER."
The young Akashic said with a wry smile as she glanced up at you.

"Introduce yourself, talk with her, become friends and more, help her fight whatever sickness she's facing, and live happily ever after. I'm sure you'll be alright." he said placing his rather amateurish blue and red bracelet and on his wrist and looking at it intently.

"Yeah that is my plan Sir."
The Akashic said as she continued to make the Shamballa style draw string bracelet she was working on. Cava grinned and looked at your bracelet.
"That looks cute Sir."
She informed you happily as she added more pink beads to her string.

"I am curious about the fact that she'll be coming today. Is she coming as a visitor from another chantry?" he asked curiously.

Yu Die shook her head at that.
"I do not know that Sir, I only know that she will be here today."
She replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 am

"I mean no disrespect Sir but if someone had put parts of their body aflame as a way to say hello to me, then I might have been less impressed than a bit worried they where touched in the head, that said I do nto have the ability to put my fists on fire other than well you know the old fashioned way that ends with a nasty trip to the ER."
The young Akashic said with a wry smile as she glanced up at you.

"You would absolutely hate the dream version of me. I'm always doing weird stuff like that." Serge said said with a laugh, showing that he wasn't offended by Yu Die's words.

"I tend to like extravagant, over-the-top and completely unnecessary actions. he explained. "Although I would never actually do what I say in real life. I just like to talk. The stuff I say is more fit for my illusions than real life."

If his mental illusion was still active Serge would guide the angel cat and have the rather extravagant being fly around the group to illustrate his point.

"Yeah that is my plan Sir."
The Akashic said as she continued to make the Shamballa style draw string bracelet she was working on. Cava grinned and looked at your bracelet.
"That looks cute Sir."
She informed you happily as she added more pink beads to her string.

"I like it too. It's not my usual art form of choice." Serge said as he admired his rather shoddy work.

"Red and Blue. Fire and Ice. Hot and Cold. Anger and Calm. I like the dichotomy between the two colors. Two opposite forces symbolized on my wrist. If I had any idea how I would use this bracelet to light stuff on fire." he said humorously.

"How about the rest of you. How are you all doing?" he asked glancing around the group to see what everyone had created.

Yu Die shook her head at that.
"I do not know that Sir, I only know that she will be here today."
She replied.

"I guess that mystery will solve itself in time." Serge said wishing he could solve the mystery now.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30ish PM]
Edmund nodded at this explination.
"Brandon is a kind kid, very well I will believe you Traditionalist, and thank you for sparing my brother's life and soul."
He said while Brandon gave you a devestated look over Edmund's plight.
"I will be ok kid, do not do anything that will get yourself captured."
Edmund told his brother and brandon looked down.
"But...I do not want you to die."
He whispered.
Colin gave a small nod, "I would recommend Brandon seek out the Jade Demon in Chicago. He and his household were instrumental in taking down Abigail - I suspect had we asked him, he might have helped here, too... but it would have been most illegal for ask. He's an honourable man, and may well be willing to take in a bright kid like Brandon."

"Perhaps not but it was still your group who attacked us, we might not be pleased about Larson's leadership but you are the enemy."
Jeremiah hissed.
He shrugged, "Perhaps, we did attack you here, but Larson and her pawns attacked us first, with the Italians trying to gilgul my Cabalmate after Ojan corrupted one of our Nodes. He... was not captured alive, by the way; he was dying from sepsis when we found him - shot by Technocrats."

The three Nephandi looked at one another for a moment and nodded.
"That is probably for the best."
The woman said. Jeremiah went over to the down man, drew a knife from his belt and opened the sick Nepahdnus' juggulars, a kinder way of doing it than slitting his throat and by that suffocating him.
"At least he will not be captured."
He muttered softly. The sick Nephandus started jerking slightly on the floor but he did not wake up as his blood flowed out over the floor.
He lowered his gaze for a moment, "A small kindness... May his soul find a measure of peace."

The two others looked at Jeremiah who stood up after he had sent his sick friend on his way.
"It is true, breaking one's word carry stern penalties in the Traditions, off course proving this man an oathbreaker when the ones he have offered his word to are a group of Nephandi."
He said.
"Even so I think I would prefer to die fighting than be shot down like a dog."
He said but the two others looked scared.
He nodded, "I offered a promise to another Fallen young man in Chicago. Things escalated a little after that, and I now have an Apprentice adopted from the Chicago Labyrinth. My word is my bond, regardless of to whom it is given."

Edmund hesitated at that.
"I am not sure I would want to give up revenge on the Traditions to get Larson back..."
He said and looked at his brother for a moment.
"I do not want to get captured either but I am pretty sure we will die in the explosion we are planning, it should be pretty impressive."
He commented. The woman looked very nervous though.
"You are sure they would not take us alive Traditionalist and that we the way we are ended won't hurt?"
She asked and looked down.
He nodded, then frowned as his phone buzzed, "I am sure... excuse me, this might be important..."

"To: CW
You may offer the Nephandi trapped in there freefom if and I do stress if they surrender now and give us Larson alive. Their magick will be supressed by the serum, and their hands broken and the wounds will be set permanently hampering their magick, and making it harder for them to turn around and attack us. This is my absolutt final offer on the condition that this ends now.
Be Well
JM"
He arched an eyebrow, then half-smiled and showed the message to Brandon, "My superior just offered a better deal. It will not be pleasant, but you will be permitted to go with your Avatars intact. The conditions are simple: you will be subjected to the suppressing serum - you know, that disgusting green goop, which I can assure you is painful but bearable - and have your hands broken and set, but then you will be permitted to make your way out unimpeded. And, of course, we get Larson alive. This is the last offer, and the clock is ticking... but I would trust the offer is good with every fiber of my being. The Security Chief has the authority to make the call, and the offer."
He smiled thinly to Brandon, "Your brother gets to live. He's going to need a little help with manual tasks for some time, but he gets to live, and keep his magic."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

Colin gave a small nod, "I would recommend Brandon seek out the Jade Demon in Chicago. He and his household were instrumental in taking down Abigail - I suspect had we asked him, he might have helped here, too... but it would have been most illegal for ask. He's an honourable man, and may well be willing to take in a bright kid like Brandon."

"The Jade Demon actually took action? That is unusual but yes I agree perhaps he can offer Brandon protection, and if he becomes part of his Household then no one will ever touch him again."
Edmund said and nodded approvingly.
"It might be the best thing for him."

He shrugged, "Perhaps, we did attack you here, but Larson and her pawns attacked us first, with the Italians trying to gilgul my Cabalmate after Ojan corrupted one of our Nodes. He... was not captured alive, by the way; he was dying from sepsis when we found him - shot by Technocrats."

"I knew Prelatus Ojan was dead but not how and why...damn, as for the Italians they are just pawns, they are not a part of our group as such."
Edmund said.
"But regardeless of who attacked who first you are still the bloody enemy."

He lowered his gaze for a moment, "A small kindness... May his soul find a measure of peace."

The three other Nephandi said nothing they just looked at the dead man for a moment.

He nodded, "I offered a promise to another Fallen young man in Chicago. Things escalated a little after that, and I now have an Apprentice adopted from the Chicago Labyrinth. My word is my bond, regardless of to whom it is given."

"You have adopted someone from a Labyrinth? Damn, and this person will be left intact?"
Jeremiah asked.
"We still only have your story as proof though, this could all be a stalling tactic."

He nodded, then frowned as his phone buzzed, "I am sure... excuse me, this might be important..."

"Yeah sure..."
Edmund said but all three of the Nephandi looked skeptical.

He arched an eyebrow, then half-smiled and showed the message to Brandon,

Brandon read the message and he winced a little but then he smiled.
"This means my brother gets to live right?"

"My superior just offered a better deal. It will not be pleasant, but you will be permitted to go with your Avatars intact. The conditions are simple: you will be subjected to the suppressing serum - you know, that disgusting green goop, which I can assure you is painful but bearable

"The stuff that look like melted Haribo syrup? Lovely."
Jeremiah grunted.
"But being allowed to live sounds promesing we are listening."

and have your hands broken and set, but then you will be permitted to make your way out unimpeded. And, of course, we get Larson alive. This is the last offer, and the clock is ticking... but I would trust the offer is good with every fiber of my being. The Security Chief has the authority to make the call, and the offer."

The woman looked down at her hands and shivered.
"Our hands broken?"
She muttered in a thin voice. Jeremiah looked very skeptical but Brandon's brother nodded.
"We will take it...we have no choice, how do we go about it, I would not want to get shot while surrendering."
He said but he nod clenched his hands into fists protectivly and the three looked rather nervous and scared which would make them jumpy.

He smiled thinly to Brandon, "Your brother gets to live. He's going to need a little help with manual tasks for some time, but he gets to live, and keep his magic."

Brandon looked down and smiled a little.
"Good...that is good but I worry for him...his hands broken...actually broken...that will hurt him allot."
The young Nephandus protested.

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"You would absolutely hate the dream version of me. I'm always doing weird stuff like that." Serge said said with a laugh, showing that he wasn't offended by Yu Die's words.

"I tend to like extravagant, over-the-top and completely unnecessary actions. he explained. "Although I would never actually do what I say in real life. I just like to talk. The stuff I say is more fit for my illusions than real life."

If his mental illusion was still active Serge would guide the angel cat and have the rather extravagant being fly around the group to illustrate his point.

Yu Die looked up at the flying cat and smiled a little.
"Well over the top things can be fun at times Sir, but setting fire to one's hands just to be impressive I think would just scare most pepole."
The young Akashic commented.
"And if it did not chances are the person one where meeting would just be labeled as a show off which is not good either."

"I like it too. It's not my usual art form of choice." Serge said as he admired his rather shoddy work.

"Red and Blue. Fire and Ice. Hot and Cold. Anger and Calm. I like the dichotomy between the two colors. Two opposite forces symbolized on my wrist. If I had any idea how I would use this bracelet to light stuff on fire." he said humorously.

"How about the rest of you. How are you all doing?" he asked glancing around the group to see what everyone had created.

The girls showed you their projects, Cava her mass of pink beads all thrown together necklace and Jane where alternating dark and light yellow for hers.
"That is nice symbolism Sir."
Jane said.
"I have seen others put things on fire with magick, but I have no idea of how they do it Sir."
Cava said.

"I guess that mystery will solve itself in time." Serge said wishing he could solve the mystery now.

"It will indeed sort itself out in time."
The young Akashic saod as she added another bead to the bracelet.
"And soon as well probably."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:22 am

A tiny derisive snort came from Nicole as soon as she heard Adley use the world "legality", followed by a roll of the eyes - making her opinion on that clear.

Gave a "as you wish" to the Chief's decision. 'Others will say "there was another way" and all that - always do. Ones who didn't have to make the call. Important bit is for the ones on the spot to agree.' ending with a "well?" look to the rest of the group.

'No need to break the whole hand. Merely the thumb and two big fingers should do it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"The Jade Demon actually took action? That is unusual but yes I agree perhaps he can offer Brandon protection, and if he becomes part of his Household then no one will ever touch him again."
Edmund said and nodded approvingly.
"It might be the best thing for him."
Colin nodded, "He's an incredibly powerful figure... likely the second most powerful person I have met, next to the Aswadim Irik. And I know how insane it is for a Traditionalist to reference those two so casually."

"I knew Prelatus Ojan was dead but not how and why...damn, as for the Italians they are just pawns, they are not a part of our group as such."
Edmund said.
"But regardeless of who attacked who first you are still the bloody enemy."
He nodded, "But when a pawn attacks, does the responsibility lie with the pawn, or the chess player? Of course, yes, I am the enemy, but there's still room for acting like respectable adversaries rather than monsters."

"You have adopted someone from a Labyrinth? Damn, and this person will be left intact?"
Jeremiah asked.
"We still only have your story as proof though, this could all be a stalling tactic."
He nodded, "Her name was Anthea until Prelatus Gabriel put her through the Caul, after he tortured her mother to death. Devourer of Fetuses has, owing to Gabriel's fondness for showing her his recreational lobotomy hobby, developed a severe phobia against needles, which I will have to help her work her way through over time. She has a weak heart, owing to an improper healing - she'll not survive the normal punishment, so I will have my chance to guide her home to the Light instead of letting her die to become a widderslainte."
He smiled, "And she is a brilliant, clever child."

Brandon read the message and he winced a little but then he smiled.
"This means my brother gets to live right?"
He nodded, "If he accepts."

"The stuff that look like melted Haribo syrup? Lovely."
Jeremiah grunted.
"But being allowed to live sounds promesing we are listening."
He nodded, "The stuff hurts like a humongous hornet's sting for three to four hours, and it has an odd numbing sensation in the brain... plus a bit of nausea. But it passes in 24 hours. Just make sure you don't stay on the stuff for more than three days; it has some... detrimental long-term effects if the cumulative dose gets too high."

The woman looked down at her hands and shivered.
"Our hands broken?"
She muttered in a thin voice. Jeremiah looked very skeptical but Brandon's brother nodded.
"We will take it...we have no choice, how do we go about it, I would not want to get shot while surrendering."
He said but he nod clenched his hands into fists protectivly and the three looked rather nervous and scared which would make them jumpy.
He nodded, "Hands broken... It's an old Hermetic practice, primarily - to avoid prisoners using hand seals. Most Magi are dependent on some manner of handiwork for their magic, after all... It's cruel, but effective. As for how to go about it, you can start by moving the explosives away from the door, I'll call the team outside to let them know."

Brandon looked down and smiled a little.
"Good...that is good but I worry for him...his hands broken...actually broken...that will hurt him allot."
The young Nephandus protested.
He nodded, "Yes, it will... but hands can be mended, pain can be soothed. He will live, and you can help him heal. It's probably the best deal he could ever get from the Traditions."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

The girls showed you their projects, Cava her mass of pink beads all thrown together necklace and Jane where alternating dark and light yellow for hers.
"That is nice symbolism Sir."
Jane said.
"I have seen others put things on fire with magick, but I have no idea of how they do it Sir."
Cava said.

"Probably call upon the ancient power of the old world or something like that." Serge guessed. "Although I'm sure everyone's got there methods."

He smiled as the girl's showed them their projects. "Wow! Those all look so cool. Is their any special reason you chose those colors or did you just like them?" he asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Colin nodded, "He's an incredibly powerful figure... likely the second most powerful person I have met, next to the Aswadim Irik. And I know how insane it is for a Traditionalist to reference those two so casually."

"It is a little unnerving to hear you speak about them that way yes. I however do think the Jade Demon can give my brother a chance at a good life."
Edmund said and nodded.

He nodded, "But when a pawn attacks, does the responsibility lie with the pawn, or the chess player? Of course, yes, I am the enemy, but there's still room for acting like respectable adversaries rather than monsters."

Edmund sigh at that.
"Fair point Traditionalist, well I guess it matters little now, but I still do not enjoy the idea of giving the Traditions the satisfiction."
He grumbeled.

He nodded, "Her name was Anthea until Prelatus Gabriel put her through the Caul, after he tortured her mother to death. Devourer of Fetuses has, owing to Gabriel's fondness for showing her his recreational lobotomy hobby, developed a severe phobia against needles, which I will have to help her work her way through over time. She has a weak heart, owing to an improper healing - she'll not survive the normal punishment, so I will have my chance to guide her home to the Light instead of letting her die to become a widderslainte."
He smiled, "And she is a brilliant, clever child."

"Ah Prelatus Gabriel...shit yeah I heard he had a student poor kid."
Jeremiah muttered the two others looked confused and he shrugged.
"Ok you know how poke happy Prelatus Jace is right, imagine that only also sadistic for the lols of it and with a really unhealthy facination with lobothomy."
The older Nephandus explained and the two others cringed.
"The girl might be a enemy to now then, but good luck with her I hope she survive her condition you talked about."
Edmund said and smiled.

He nodded, "If he accepts."

Brandon nodded at this he looked really concerned.

He nodded, "The stuff hurts like a humongous hornet's sting for three to four hours, and it has an odd numbing sensation in the brain... plus a bit of nausea. But it passes in 24 hours. Just make sure you don't stay on the stuff for more than three days; it has some... detrimental long-term effects if the cumulative dose gets too high."

"And it wrap your Avatar up like some sort of spiritual bondage queen...wonderful this is going to be a joy I see, still it is better than dying."
Jeremiah said sarcastically. The two others did not look happy about it but they where accepting the conditions.
"I am more concerned with my hands being broken."
The woman said and looked down.
"I mean shit!"

He nodded, "Hands broken... It's an old Hermetic practice, primarily - to avoid prisoners using hand seals. Most Magi are dependent on some manner of handiwork for their magic, after all... It's cruel, but effective. As for how to go about it, you can start by moving the explosives away from the door, I'll call the team outside to let them know."

"It is effective, most mages I know use some sort of hand gestures, there are some who have learned to do things without foci but that is allot harder, and off course you have a few like some Cultists who dance or have sex and one Fallen Virtual Adept I know have some sort of computer bullshit implanted in his head so he use that, but most I know do some sort of gestures, or carvings or they type on a computer, or mix potions."
The woman said, she was shaking slightly she was clearly terrified.
"Let us just focus on moving the explosives Theresa, in some situations feeling the fear will just paralyze you, all you can do is take one step at the tome and get what needs doing done."
Edmund said and he begun to lift the box of explosives out of the way and back into the shelves.
"To show good faith I will inform you we have several enchanted weapons in here and around seven drams of Tass between us."
Brandon's brother said as he worked. Jeramiah went to help him carry boxes, the same did Theresa but Jeremiah shook her head.
"No not in your condition you should not lift heavy objects."
He informed her.

He nodded, "Yes, it will... but hands can be mended, pain can be soothed. He will live, and you can help him heal. It's probably the best deal he could ever get from the Traditions."

Brandon looked down.
"If I can find him again that is, when I am sent to the Jade Demon and he Edmund flees, but how will he manage to care for himself with his hands broken? It is not like he can go to a hospital."

Gave a "as you wish" to the Chief's decision. 'Others will say "there was another way" and all that - always do. Ones who didn't have to make the call. Important bit is for the ones on the spot to agree.' ending with a "well?" look to the rest of the group.

"Well not being arrested and hauled before a Tribunal for conspirering with the enemies of Asencion if the others feel my actions where illegal do matters Miss as I am the only thing standing between my youngest apprentice and a fate worse than death, however I do believe I have stayed well within the line of legality though I might have earned myself some scorn."
Jeffry said and frowned.

'No need to break the whole hand. Merely the thumb and two big fingers should do it.'

"Unfortunatly no it will not. I do not wish to cause more pain that what is needed but it is not them holding a gun that worry me the most but them using their hands for magick, all five fingers need to be broken and one or two breaks in the hands themselvves, that can heal with modern medicine to make them functional but it will always hider their spellcasting...I will off course not ask you or anyone else to take part in such mutilation, it is a heavy duty I will force it on no one."
The Chief said solemnly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

"Probably call upon the ancient power of the old world or something like that." Serge guessed. "Although I'm sure everyone's got there methods."

"Most Hermetics use the idea of the classic Greek elements, sometimes controlling them directly and other times calling on spirits, external or the ones living in your own tree of life to create fire, but I do not yet know how to do that."
Cava said and smiled.

He smiled as the girl's showed them their projects. "Wow! Those all look so cool. Is their any special reason you chose those colors or did you just like them?" he asked curiously.

"I like pink Sir."
Cava said and gave you a look as if it was a very strange question as to why she would make a pink necklace for off course she made a pink necklace. Rosa giggeled at that.
"I think different shades of the same color in one piece can look nice Sir."
Jane said as she put a new yellow bead on the string, a dark one this time.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out having lunch with my friends and playing MtG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:38 pm

"Most Hermetics use the idea of the classic Greek elements, sometimes controlling them directly and other times calling on spirits, external or the ones living in your own tree of life to create fire, but I do not yet know how to do that."
Cava said and smiled.

"Man that sounds so cool. Calling upon the power of spirits to perform grand feats of magick! It's different from how my tradition does things. Cultists I know like to refer to the forces sphere as the Illusion of Different States. By moving their mind outside the realm of reason they can change their perceptions of a force pattern and change it to whatever they wish." Serge said remembering the ecstatic view on the force sphere.

"Although that's a much harder way of looking at it if your not a cultist." he added with a grin.

"I like pink Sir."
Cava said and gave you a look as if it was a very strange question as to why she would make a pink necklace for off course she made a pink necklace. Rosa giggeled at that.
"I think different shades of the same color in one piece can look nice Sir."
Jane said as she put a new yellow bead on the string, a dark one this time.

"They do look nice. The slow transition from a lighter shade to a darker one is nice to look at." Serge complimented.

Having finished one bracelet already, Serge decided to create another one as he began crafting another red and blue bracelet top match the one around his wrist.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm

"It is a little unnerving to hear you speak about them that way yes. I however do think the Jade Demon can give my brother a chance at a good life."
Edmund said and nodded.
Colin smiled wryly, "All the same, they do have my respect. Anything less would be folly on my part."

"Ah Prelatus Gabriel...shit yeah I heard he had a student poor kid."
Jeremiah muttered the two others looked confused and he shrugged.
"Ok you know how poke happy Prelatus Jace is right, imagine that only also sadistic for the lols of it and with a really unhealthy facination with lobothomy."
The older Nephandus explained and the two others cringed.
"The girl might be a enemy to now then, but good luck with her I hope she survive her condition you talked about."
Edmund said and smiled.
He smiled, "I've already wrestled her future onto a better track several times, and there's more work to be done yet - but she's worth the effort."

"And it wrap your Avatar up like some sort of spiritual bondage queen...wonderful this is going to be a joy I see, still it is better than dying."
Jeremiah said sarcastically. The two others did not look happy about it but they where accepting the conditions.
"I am more concerned with my hands being broken."
The woman said and looked down.
"I mean shit!"
He nodded, "I have dosed myself with the serum, to learn more about its function and effect... It is not pleasant, and as you say, it leaves your Avatar wrapped up like an insect caught by a spider... but it is only temporary."

"It is effective, most mages I know use some sort of hand gestures, there are some who have learned to do things without foci but that is allot harder, and off course you have a few like some Cultists who dance or have sex and one Fallen Virtual Adept I know have some sort of computer bullshit implanted in his head so he use that, but most I know do some sort of gestures, or carvings or they type on a computer, or mix potions."
"Let us just focus on moving the explosives Theresa, in some situations feeling the fear will just paralyze you, all you can do is take one step at the tome and get what needs doing done."
Edmund said and he begun to lift the box of explosives out of the way and back into the shelves.
"To show good faith I will inform you we have several enchanted weapons in here and around seven drams of Tass between us."
Brandon's brother said as he worked. Jeramiah went to help him carry boxes, the same did Theresa but Jeremiah shook her head.
He informed her."It is effective, most mages I know use some sort of hand gestures, there are some who have learned to do things without foci but that is allot harder, and off course you have a few like some Cultists who dance or have sex and one Fallen Virtual Adept I know have some sort of computer bullshit implanted in his head so he use that, but most I know do some sort of gestures, or carvings or they type on a computer, or mix potions."
He informed her.
He nodded, "For a while, it might be difficult to do seemingly simple things like tying your own shoelaces... and when the bones are healed slightly wrong, it will hamper a lot of normal tasks for quite some time. I cannot lie - I don't envy you this, but speaking from experience," he gestured to his own face, "it is astounding what modern medicine can repair."
He arched an eyebrow, "You have a condition, miss? We might want to know that to avoid needless harm."

Brandon looked down.
"If I can find him again that is, when I am sent to the Jade Demon and he Edmund flees, but how will he manage to care for himself with his hands broken? It is not like he can go to a hospital."
He frowned, "I suppose I might get in a bit of trouble for this, but... there is a no-tell clinic in Chicago - it does provide discreet medical services for supernatural beings. It's no Massachusetts General, but it's there. Just don't say I referred you."
He glanced at Brandon, "You should hide and be silent now; if my security chief does not suspect your presence, I won't have to answer inconvenient questions."

He called Morgan, "They've agreed to surrender, and they're moving the explosives away from the door again. They have several enchanted weapons and some seven drams of Tass between them, and I am presently overseeing the work. The door should be opened peacefully shortly - so prepare the serum and the necessary healing for their hands."
He quickly glanced at Dalisse and thought to her, 'Once the makeshift bomb is cleared away, can you open the door slowly and smoothly?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Jeffry nodded at this.
"These are all possibilities mea filius but the question is if they stand ready to act we can still have a problem even if we do not go through the door but it is a possibility...killing one of them who is already done might not be useful but the elemental might be able to give us more spsifics on what is going on in there."
The old Hermetic commented.

"I can ask her, though she is currently holding the one man without air and was quite strained from helping us earlier..."

"The legality are on shaky ground, ideally a Fallen mage should be captured but killing them if capture is impossible or dangerous to the mission is allowed, and if defeating them is impossible no one is going to protest that one got away but letting them go to get Larson...hum if there is no other way that might be accepted, but yes they might think it is a trick but it is a possibility but I am not going to let them just fall us in the back."

A tiny derisive snort came from Nicole as soon as she heard Adley use the world "legality", followed by a roll of the eyes - making her opinion on that clear.
"Well not being arrested and hauled before a Tribunal for conspirering with the enemies of Asencion if the others feel my actions where illegal do matters Miss as I am the only thing standing between my youngest apprentice and a fate worse than death, however I do believe I have stayed well within the line of legality though I might have earned myself some scorn."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"You can feel derisive of it if you wish but someone I know was just nearly giglulled over the interpretation of a handful of words in their sentence, a legal technicality."

"'Might' does not fill me with joy, pater," he said. Might left might not, and that was not acceptable. "Can we ensure they won't blow the whole place up anyway, with us in it? Or use magick to exchange the look of Larson, trickery like that...?" he questioned.

Jeffry glanced at Nicole and gave her a nod.
"I will offer them their lives, but I will break their hands before sending them on their way, I always keep my word, they will get free passage out of the labyrinth but this will ensure they can not easilly turn around and attack us and also I will have someone search hospitals for someone coming in with hand injuries."
He said in a hard tone of voice.

Well...he didn't say they wouldn't be picked off after that...he waited uneasily, however. He didn't like this situation.

"Unfortunatly no it will not. I do not wish to cause more pain that what is needed but it is not them holding a gun that worry me the most but them using their hands for magick, all five fingers need to be broken and one or two breaks in the hands themselvves, that can heal with modern medicine to make them functional but it will always hider their spellcasting...I will off course not ask you or anyone else to take part in such mutilation, it is a heavy duty I will force it on no one."

"I will do it if it, I know how to do so." Unfortunately. He knew all the way back from the old times, when he - Erjne - had done it to Arto, who was now Kyle with aching hands.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "All the same, they do have my respect. Anything less would be folly on my part."

"Anything else would indeed be folly Traditionalist."
Jeramiah agreed.

He smiled, "I've already wrestled her future onto a better track several times, and there's more work to be done yet - but she's worth the effort."

"I have never taken an apprentice, but I hear it is a rewarding experience. I wish you good luck with her traditionalist."
Edmund said and nodded.

He nodded, "I have dosed myself with the serum, to learn more about its function and effect... It is not pleasant, and as you say, it leaves your Avatar wrapped up like an insect caught by a spider... but it is only temporary."

"Anything temporary is survivable and pain pass, but hearing my sister whimper when she was injected by that shit, and knowing that she is...was...a pretty tough lady, well this is not going to be fun now is it."
Edmund said and grimaced.

He nodded, "For a while, it might be difficult to do seemingly simple things like tying your own shoelaces... and when the bones are healed slightly wrong, it will hamper a lot of normal tasks for quite some time. I cannot lie - I don't envy you this, but speaking from experience," he gestured to his own face, "it is astounding what modern medicine can repair."

Theresa shivered and grabbed the end of her sweather nervously. Jeremiah had a look on his face that said he did not want to think about it, he just wanted to focus on getting through it. Edmund had turned quite pale.
"Yeah...it will...bed bad...but it is better than being dead or worse."
He wispered and swallowed hard.
"What if we...we...faint from the pain when our hands are...broken then we will be captured..."
He asked nervously.

He arched an eyebrow, "You have a condition, miss? We might want to know that to avoid needless harm."

"Yeah I am pregnant...don't worry about it I am fine."
Theresa said and shrugged.

He frowned, "I suppose I might get in a bit of trouble for this, but... there is a no-tell clinic in Chicago - it does provide discreet medical services for supernatural beings. It's no Massachusetts General, but it's there. Just don't say I referred you."
He glanced at Brandon, "You should hide and be silent now; if my security chief does not suspect your presence, I won't have to answer inconvenient questions."

"Thank you Traditionalist...I might be able to get the others there for treatment, but why help us?"
Jeramiah said and he gave you a supicious look.
"How will we even get to Chicago if we are that wounded?"
Theresa asked nervously and Jeramiah shook his head.
"I don't know."
He muttered softly.
"But we have to try to survive somehow."

Brandon looked like he wanted to protest but then he nodded and ducked down behind one of Dalisse's chairs after one more, concerned look at his brother.
"I will find you."
He said to him and Edmund sighed.
"Take care kid."
He muttered.

He called Morgan, "They've agreed to surrender, and they're moving the explosives away from the door again. They have several enchanted weapons and some seven drams of Tass between them, and I am presently overseeing the work. The door should be opened peacefully shortly - so prepare the serum and the necessary healing for their hands."

Jeffry took the phone there where nto allot of time to talk so all he said where.
"Understood, tell them to come out with their hands clearly visable, any sign of trouble from them and the deal is off, make sure they understand that my good man."

He quickly glanced at Dalisse and thought to her, 'Once the makeshift bomb is cleared away, can you open the door slowly and smoothly?'

The Handler nodded.
"That I can do, just give the word."

"Man that sounds so cool. Calling upon the power of spirits to perform grand feats of magick! It's different from how my tradition does things. Cultists I know like to refer to the forces sphere as the Illusion of Different States. By moving their mind outside the realm of reason they can change their perceptions of a force pattern and change it to whatever they wish." Serge said remembering the ecstatic view on the force sphere.

"Although that's a much harder way of looking at it if your not a cultist." he added with a grin.

"That makes allot of sense actually, many Akashics use altered stated of conciousness for our magick as well."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"Though not as the same extent as your Tradition do."
Jane considered.
"If you want to work with spirits Sir why don't you just shift your conciousness to the plane they are in then, I mean some Hermetics think spirits are a part of us, part of our minds you know."
The little Chorister girl suggjested.

"They do look nice. The slow transition from a lighter shade to a darker one is nice to look at." Serge complimented.

Having finished one bracelet already, Serge decided to create another one as he began crafting another red and blue bracelet top match the one around his wrist.

"Yeah one can do allot with differing shades."
Jane agreed and she added another bead and then she begun to make a latch from a large white bead and a hoop of string.
"I just like pink."
Cava commented. Yu Die just focused on her draw string bracelet while Rosa took a few beads and seamed to be making a ring out of string and attatching them to it.

"I can ask her, though she is currently holding the one man without air and was quite strained from helping us earlier..."

"It is worth asking her for details, it is better to have one dead Nephandus if we can capture the others."
Your Mentor said.

"'Might' does not fill me with joy, pater," he said. Might left might not, and that was not acceptable. "Can we ensure they won't blow the whole place up anyway, with us in it? Or use magick to exchange the look of Larson, trickery like that...?" he questioned.

"No not me either, but at times you are in a bad situation and there are no good outcome, just a less bad one. We can check Larson against a lock of her daugther's hair that I have on my person, as for the rest no we can not be sure but I think it is rather likely that they will choose to live but keep your eyes open mea filius, this is a dangerous situation, and no there is nothing good about it."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

Well...he didn't say they wouldn't be picked off after that...he waited uneasily, however. He didn't like this situation.

"Once they are out of the Labyrinth, that is it, they are getting a head start but they will be cripeled there are a good chance we can track them down."
Jeffry said simply noticing the look in your eyes.
"I will be hunting them."

"I will do it if it, I know how to do so." Unfortunately. He knew all the way back from the old times, when he - Erjne - had done it to Arto, who was now Kyle with aching hands.

Jeffry nodded, the paused as he got a phone call then he put his phone away and said.
"Very well, if you are sure mea filius...ok they are coming out I need three dozes of the serum prepared, Miss Bouchard...Miss Mundis, Mr Better, would you be so kind as to cover the prisoners while they are being...dealt with, any resistence on their part, shoot them, for the rest of you other than Master Haagen keep watch please and I will go and secure Larson."
Jeffry ordered so everyone would get ready. Fran checked her weapon and nodded.
"Yes Sir."
Was all she said. Jeffry looked at Thorn and his voice was soft when he spoke.
"Once my apprentice have done the deed, I need you to do a weak, innefective healing on the prisoner's injuries...setting their wounds."
He said and the healer grimaced before he simply nodded.
"Yes Sir."
He whispered clearly nto liking this situation.

Cecilia looked afraid she looked at you.
"Will...this happen to me to...once I am no longer needed to find traps and act as a guide will my hands be...destroyed before I am released, if I am even released?"
She asked fearfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm

"It is worth asking her for details, it is better to have one dead Nephandus if we can capture the others."
Your Mentor said

"Very well, she was not far from here but I will need to speak her Name to the wind and I wouldn't like to have it get out too much."

"No not me either, but at times you are in a bad situation and there are no good outcome, just a less bad one. We can check Larson against a lock of her daugther's hair that I have on my person, as for the rest no we can not be sure but I think it is rather likely that they will choose to live but keep your eyes open mea filius, this is a dangerous situation, and no there is nothing good about it."

He nodded at that.

"Once they are out of the Labyrinth, that is it, they are getting a head start but they will be cripeled there are a good chance we can track them down."
Jeffry said simply noticing the look in your eyes.
"I will be hunting them."

"Yes, sir."

"Very well, if you are sure mea filius...ok they are coming out I need three dozes of the serum prepared, Miss Bouchard...Miss Mundis, Mr Better, would you be so kind as to cover the prisoners while they are being...dealt with, any resistence on their part, shoot them, for the rest of you other than Master Haagen keep watch please and I will go and secure Larson."

"We all must do some of the difficult work. I know how to do it so they can't use magick or weapons, so it will be effective. If you have them carry her out, then we won't have to go into the trap-hole to get her," he suggested. He pulled the serum out to prepare the doses necessary so they could do it quickly.

Cecilia looked afraid she looked at you. "Will...this happen to me to...once I am no longer needed to find traps and act as a guide will my hands be...destroyed before I am released, if I am even released?"

He glanced at his pater to see what he had to say about it, as he was not sure what would happen to her. She had cooperated and aided them but he did not want to scare her either.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:38 pm

"I have never taken an apprentice, but I hear it is a rewarding experience. I wish you good luck with her traditionalist."
Edmund said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Thank you."

"Anything temporary is survivable and pain pass, but hearing my sister whimper when she was injected by that shit, and knowing that she is...was...a pretty tough lady, well this is not going to be fun now is it."
Edmund said and grimaced.
He shook his head, "No... but the worst passes fairly quickly, if you try to relax a little."

Theresa shivered and grabbed the end of her sweather nervously. Jeremiah had a look on his face that said he did not want to think about it, he just wanted to focus on getting through it. Edmund had turned quite pale.
"Yeah...it will...bed bad...but it is better than being dead or worse."
He wispered and swallowed hard.
"What if we...we...faint from the pain when our hands are...broken then we will be captured..."
He asked nervously.
He nodded, "You will be woken up and let go, all the same. We keep our promises; whether you stay conscious for the entire duration is immaterial."

"Yeah I am pregnant...don't worry about it I am fine."
He frowned, "Ah... I believe the serum should yet be safe, but all the same, some precautions should be taken. I believe congratulations are in order, and please forgive the bluntness, but knowing the alternative, I am compelled to ask - the father is human?"

"Thank you Traditionalist...I might be able to get the others there for treatment, but why help us?"
Jeramiah said and he gave you a supicious look.
"How will we even get to Chicago if we are that wounded?"
Theresa asked nervously and Jeramiah shook his head.
"I don't know."
He muttered softly.
"But we have to try to survive somehow."
He smiled wryly, "It's... not the most pleasant prospect, but you might be able to walk there through the Umbra. We're not so deep that it should necessarily be a highly risky journey, and you'd not be able to cross back to Earth while the serum remains effective. You might catch up with other escapees that way, too."

Jeffry took the phone there where nto allot of time to talk so all he said where.
"Understood, tell them to come out with their hands clearly visable, any sign of trouble from them and the deal is off, make sure they understand that my good man."
He nodded, "There is a small complication - a consideration to be aware of - the woman is expecting. You might want to make sure our healers help manage her stress levels before she is let go."
He held the phone a little away from his head and nodded to the three Fallen, "When the door opens, hold your hands out empty and visible, and exit the room slowly. No sudden movements."

The Handler nodded.
"That I can do, just give the word."
He nodded and watched until the Fallen had cleared the space in front of the door, then turned to Dalisse, "The door, then, if you please."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 pm

"Very well, she was not far from here but I will need to speak her Name to the wind and I wouldn't like to have it get out too much."

"Near or far matters little to Umbroods but yes her name is an issue, have you learned to make a area soundproof yet mea filius, to cast a protective field around yourself that no sound will escape from, if not remember to teach you this as soon as possible...though magick might not dampen your voice...hum...it is up to you then I can not have you wander of to call the spirit, her insight can be useful but it calling her will make others hear her name, including Miss Cecilia over there."
Jeffry said and nodded towards the prisoner.

"We all must do some of the difficult work. I know how to do it so they can't use magick or weapons, so it will be effective. If you have them carry her out, then we won't have to go into the trap-hole to get her," he suggested. He pulled the serum out to prepare the doses necessary so they could do it quickly.

"I will order them to do so, and thank you mea filius I know such work is not plesant."
Jeffry said and frowned. Cecilia glanced at the serum and the syringes and took several steps away from you by instinct and breath becoming more rapid and nervous.
"Ah yes even if her Avatar have been expelled we should probably dose Larson as well, just to be sure, we do not fully know how long that damned Fallen Progenitor's foul invention works after all though my guess is about a week."
Your Mentor said as an afterthought.

He glanced at his pater to see what he had to say about it, as he was not sure what would happen to her. She had cooperated and aided them but he did not want to scare her either.

Jeffry sigh and looked at Cecilia.
"I have not decided yet Miss, what I can say is that you will be held for a while, most likely using the serum as I do not know if any other methods will hold your Investment powers as well as your own magic, I do not think mutilating your hands will be needed though, you will not be abused or treated poorly while in our captivity. My plan is to try to arrange it so you can eventually be released but I can no make any promises, I will do what I can to keep you alive though."
The old mage promised. Cecilia looked terrified and looked down.
"I...see...ehm...ok..."
She muttered hesitently.

You saw the door to the armory slowly begin to open up and you heard a man call out.
"We are coming out...please don't shoot!"

He shook his head, "No... but the worst passes fairly quickly, if you try to relax a little."

"Well the worst are the part with the...hands and I think relaxation will be a tall order given the circumstances."
Edmund muttered bitterly.

He nodded, "You will be woken up and let go, all the same. We keep our promises; whether you stay conscious for the entire duration is immaterial."

"But what...if I can't wake up quickly."
Theresa muttered nervously still holding onto her sweather fearfully.

He frowned, "Ah... I believe the serum should yet be safe, but all the same, some precautions should be taken. I believe congratulations are in order, and please forgive the bluntness, but knowing the alternative, I am compelled to ask - the father is human?"

"Yeah...ehm thanks. I am not keeping it though, it is not easy to raise a kid in a Labyrinth, but I just could not bring myself to get rid of it you know. I plan on leaving the baby at the steps of a hospital or something when it is born but yeah I hoppe the serum will not harm it. The father is human...more or less, a visiting Prelatus from another Labyrinth...I was ordered to...keep him happy while he was here."
Theresa said and she looked away.

He smiled wryly, "It's... not the most pleasant prospect, but you might be able to walk there through the Umbra. We're not so deep that it should necessarily be a highly risky journey, and you'd not be able to cross back to Earth while the serum remains effective. You might catch up with other escapees that way, too."

"We are in the penumbra so one can survive here without magick but without going deeper distance remains largely the same so walking to Chicago is probably not going to happen and exactly how would we contact this clinic from the Umbra without magick?"
Edmund asked and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "There is a small complication - a consideration to be aware of - the woman is expecting. You might want to make sure our healers help manage her stress levels before she is let go."

"I see, well this will be a very stressfull experience but I will ask the healers to do what they can."
Jeffry said.
"Perhaps if she is...handeled last that will let the healers cast a spell on her to shield her from the pain while the other two are dealt with, I am afraid we can not take the time for such considerations for the other two. Yes and also ask them to bring Larson with them out so I do not need to go into a potentially trapped room to retrieve the woman."

He held the phone a little away from his head and nodded to the three Fallen, "When the door opens, hold your hands out empty and visible, and exit the room slowly. No sudden movements."

"Very well."
Jeremiah said and the three of them got ready.

He nodded and watched until the Fallen had cleared the space in front of the door, then turned to Dalisse, "The door, then, if you please."

The three Fallen managed to clear the area in front of the door fairly quickly. Dalisse nodded and the door to the infirmary started to open.
"For what it is worth Traditionalist...thanks."
Edmund muttered. Theresa looked at you nervously.
"Yeah...thank you."
She said and sigh.
"Let us hope we do not meet again."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Nicole gave a raised eyebrow to Adley. 'Didn't say the law had no teeth. Just that often rules and such make no sense, are not relevant or just plain wrong. Clutching bits of paper instead of thinking can end up with you trying a Nuremberg defence later. Or dead.'

On the Chief's order, she gave a nod and readied her weapon. Moved back somewhat from the door, to take into account the range of the rifle. On seeing the Fallen appear, raised her weapon enough to make it clear she was ready if needs be, along with a "don't fuck about with me" look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 pm

"Well the worst are the part with the...hands and I think relaxation will be a tall order given the circumstances."
Edmund muttered bitterly.
Colin nodded, "Fair point. I would expect some measure of pain relief to be administered, though."

"But what...if I can't wake up quickly."
Theresa muttered nervously still holding onto her sweather fearfully.
He shrugged ever so slightly, "They're competent, honourable people. I expect you'll be given the time to get your bearings."

"Yeah...ehm thanks. I am not keeping it though, it is not easy to raise a kid in a Labyrinth, but I just could not bring myself to get rid of it you know. I plan on leaving the baby at the steps of a hospital or something when it is born but yeah I hoppe the serum will not harm it. The father is human...more or less, a visiting Prelatus from another Labyrinth...I was ordered to...keep him happy while he was here."
Theresa said and she looked away.
He nodded, "I understand. Having encountered the offspring from a... pact for bearing children, I had to ask. Half-Outsiders can be quite frightening. I wish your child the best."

"We are in the penumbra so one can survive here without magick but without going deeper distance remains largely the same so walking to Chicago is probably not going to happen and exactly how would we contact this clinic from the Umbra without magick?"
Edmund asked and raised an eyebrow.
He frowned, "Can any of you normally move between Earth and the Umbra? If so, lasting for 24 hours should be... well, perhaps not pleasant, but certainly feasible. After that... you should be able to manage something. I'm afraid I have very little I can do to help you in that regard..."

"I see, well this will be a very stressfull experience but I will ask the healers to do what they can."
Jeffry said.
"Perhaps if she is...handeled last that will let the healers cast a spell on her to shield her from the pain while the other two are dealt with, I am afraid we can not take the time for such considerations for the other two. Yes and also ask them to bring Larson with them out so I do not need to go into a potentially trapped room to retrieve the woman."
He nodded, "Very good, Sir. I do not believe the room is any more trapped than it would be during normal operations - they were in the process of assembling something when I reached them, but that's being dismantled entirely."

"Very well."
Jeremiah said and the three of them got ready.
He nodded, "Also, if you could help move Larson out the door, as well?"

The three Fallen managed to clear the area in front of the door fairly quickly. Dalisse nodded and the door to the infirmary started to open.
"For what it is worth Traditionalist...thanks."
Edmund muttered. Theresa looked at you nervously.
"Yeah...thank you."
She said and sigh.
"Let us hope we do not meet again."
He nodded, "Agreed; may our paths never cross again..."
He glanced back at Dalisse, thinking to her, 'When they've gone through the door, could you angle the portal so we can look out through the door? I'd like to see how they're faring.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 pm

"That makes allot of sense actually, many Akashics use altered stated of conciousness for our magick as well."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"Though not as the same extent as your Tradition do."
Jane considered.
"If you want to work with spirits Sir why don't you just shift your conciousness to the plane they are in then, I mean some Hermetics think spirits are a part of us, part of our minds you know."
The little Chorister girl suggjested.

"It's probably easier said than done. Though it might be a fun goal to work towards for the future." Serge said with a smile. "But for now the only way I can see spirits is if one you girl's let me see through your spirit-sense."

"Yeah one can do allot with differing shades."
Jane agreed and she added another bead and then she begun to make a latch from a large white bead and a hoop of string.
"I just like pink."
Cava commented. Yu Die just focused on her draw string bracelet while Rosa took a few beads and seamed to be making a ring out of string and attatching them to it.

Serge worked on his second bracelet for a little while, putting in noticeably more effort into the second one then the first. Making sure everything was aligned and an equal number of beads were used.  

(OOC: Actually that's an interesting question. In the "How do you do that" book it mentions that a character with Mind 3 can share any of his magickally enhanced perceptions with anyone, willing or unwilling.

Is the opposite true? Can a character with Mind 3 'borrow' someone else's enhanced senses like someone else's spirit 1 spirit vision or Correspondence 1 360 degree vision? Basically going into their mind and seeing through their eyes and temporarily 'borrowing' the knowledge to understand what their seeing?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:26 am

Nicole gave a raised eyebrow to Adley. 'Didn't say the law had no teeth. Just that often rules and such make no sense, are not relevant or just plain wrong. Clutching bits of paper instead of thinking can end up with you trying a Nuremberg defence later. Or dead.'

"When we are back at the Chantry I am sure we can have a discussion about how you propose we should maintain a safe and orderly society of Awakened without any kind of rules and everyone just thinking for themselves what is right and wrong. Yes at times the wording of the law makes it...problematic however we also need the law to function as a society."
The old mage lectured.

On the Chief's order, she gave a nod and readied her weapon. Moved back somewhat from the door, to take into account the range of the rifle. On seeing the Fallen appear, raised her weapon enough to make it clear she was ready if needs be, along with a "don't fuck about with me" look on her face.

The three Nephandi glanced at you and the others nervously. One of them, a tall, plump man with an extra eye in his neck where holding a woman matching Larson's description in his arms while the others held their hands raised and open.
"Give them the serum, then deal with them in turn while the others are under guard, break the woman's hands last."
Jeffry told Adley then he looked towards Thorn.
"Do you have time to make sure the woman feels no pain while...the deed is done, she is with child and I do not what to stress her to the point of harming the baby."
The old mage asked and Thorn nodded at that.

Colin nodded, "Fair point. I would expect some measure of pain relief to be administered, though."

"I sure hope you are right."
Edmund said and shivered as he looked down at his hands.

He shrugged ever so slightly, "They're competent, honourable people. I expect you'll be given the time to get your bearings."

Theresa gave you a bit of a look, she did not seam relieved and probably did not seam like she believed you and she was rather nervous.

He nodded, "I understand. Having encountered the offspring from a... pact for bearing children, I had to ask. Half-Outsiders can be quite frightening. I wish your child the best."

"Yeah I have heard of that happening, that do sound rather bothersome but no the baby's father is a mage."
"I should have just have gotten rid of it, but I sort of could not bring myself to do it you know."
She said and shook her head.
"What a bother."

He frowned, "Can any of you normally move between Earth and the Umbra? If so, lasting for 24 hours should be... well, perhaps not pleasant, but certainly feasible. After that... you should be able to manage something. I'm afraid I have very little I can do to help you in that regard..."

"I can do that however not without my foci and I need my hands to use my foci."
Edmund said and frowned.
"I can just mind control a few sleepers to be our caretakers until we are well, then we can use their blood for Quintessence when we no longer need them, that way we can get to Chicago in the physical world."
Jeremiah said in a matter of factly tone of voice and the other two nodded agreeing with this.

He nodded, "Very good, Sir. I do not believe the room is any more trapped than it would be during normal operations - they were in the process of assembling something when I reached them, but that's being dismantled entirely."

"Understood but I have no interest in taking uneccesary chances, just have them bring Larson out."
Jeffry said he clearly trusted the three Nephandi far less than how far he could throw them.

He nodded, "Also, if you could help move Larson out the door, as well?"

"Yeah sure."
Jeremia said a bit hesitantly then he bent down and lifted Larson into his arm and carried her to the door as the others raised their arms and got ready for the door to open.

He nodded, "Agreed; may our paths never cross again..."

Theresa just nodded at this.

He glanced back at Dalisse, thinking to her, 'When they've gone through the door, could you angle the portal so we can look out through the door? I'd like to see how they're faring.'

Dalisse nodded.
"This I can do."
She said and she did several hand gestures and moved the portal to behind the three Nephandi as the door opened so they could go out to the Traditionalists and surrender, the trio stepped out of the armory hesitently and where met with weapons aimed at them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 am

"It's probably easier said than done. Though it might be a fun goal to work towards for the future." Serge said with a smile. "But for now the only way I can see spirits is if one you girl's let me see through your spirit-sense."

"I can let you see thorugh my magick Sir but there are no spirits here right now. Nothing is as easy to do as to say though but seeing spirits are not that hard."
Jane said and smiled.

Serge worked on his second bracelet for a little while, putting in noticeably more effort into the second one then the first. Making sure everything was aligned and an equal number of beads were used.

Everyone sat beading their projects in silence for a while, things having calmed down from all the activity ealier, now and again the girls lifted their projects to see how they looked and how they would look on.

(OOC: We have used a 2 ed rules for sharing magickal senses before in the game so I think we will stick with that. 3 Mind to do so seams exessive to me, in 2 ed if I do not remember it wrong it is 1 Prime and 1 Mind. I will check this to make sure, but it is fairly easy to do. Using someone else's magick though is harder since magick is not just knowledge, perhaps Mind 3 and Prime 4 and a hell of a fight if it is done against someone unwilling.)

(OOC: I might be a bit slow today as I have a doctor's apointment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 am

"Yeah I have heard of that happening, that do sound rather bothersome but no the baby's father is a mage."
"I should have just have gotten rid of it, but I sort of could not bring myself to do it you know."
She said and shook her head.
"What a bother."
Colin simply nodded; nothing more to add.

"I can do that however not without my foci and I need my hands to use my foci."
Edmund said and frowned.
"I can just mind control a few sleepers to be our caretakers until we are well, then we can use their blood for Quintessence when we no longer need them, that way we can get to Chicago in the physical world."
Jeremiah said in a matter of factly tone of voice and the other two nodded agreeing with this.
He frowned, "I'm going to pretend I did not hear that last bit..."

"Understood but I have no interest in taking uneccesary chances, just have them bring Larson out."
Jeffry said he clearly trusted the three Nephandi far less than how far he could throw them.
He nodded, "Naturally, Sir. Just make sure to check their gear."

Dalisse nodded.
"This I can do."
She said and she did several hand gestures and moved the portal to behind the three Nephandi as the door opened so they could go out to the Traditionalists and surrender, the trio stepped out of the armory hesitently and where met with weapons aimed at them.
He looked through the doorway, and said in a calm, but commanding tone, mostly through the portal though the phone was still close to his head, "Easy as you go, no sudden motions... and we'll all live to see another day."
He took the opportunity to check which members of the strike team were present, and what condition they seemed to be in.

((OOC: Quite alright. I have the day off, myself, so I will likely be largely on standby power. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:28 am

He frowned, "I'm going to pretend I did not hear that last bit..."

The three Nephandi looked at one another rather confused and Brandon said.
"He is a Traditionalist they are not used to the idea of slavery...though I think they also have indentured servants...anyway what if you don't harm your slaves when done with them I am sure that will make the Traditionalist feel better about it."
Brandon said and his brother sigh.
"Yeah I guess we could...let them go or sell them when we no longer need them rather than kill them."

He nodded, "Naturally, Sir. Just make sure to check their gear."

"You know, this is not my first time taking prisoners my good man."
Jeffry said sternly.
"But thank you for your help."

He looked through the doorway, and said in a calm, but commanding tone, mostly through the portal though the phone was still close to his head, "Easy as you go, no sudden motions... and we'll all live to see another day."

The three Nephandi did not respond but they did as you asked and they where calm, well as calm as one could be when terrified and they made no sudden moves.

He took the opportunity to check which members of the strike team were present, and what condition they seemed to be in.

The ones you could see through the doorway, including the Chief, Nicole, Fran and Adley looked tired, worn and bloody, they needed sleep food and a bath but they where alive. You also see a nervous looking prisoner, a woman of about 30 or at least she looked to be 30, her arms secured behind her, she where wearing a sweather and a long skirt in a rather early 80's type attire.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 am

"When we are back at the Chantry I am sure we can have a discussion about how you propose we should maintain a safe and orderly society of Awakened without any kind of rules and everyone just thinking for themselves what is right and wrong. Yes at times the wording of the law makes it...problematic however we also need the law to function as a society."

"At any rate, we've gotten our orders." Dead was hardly the worst thing that could come of some trespasses, but the matter was settled and they needed to use what time they had.

"Near or far matters little to Umbroods but yes her name is an issue, have you learned to make a area soundproof yet mea filius, to cast a protective field around yourself that no sound will escape from, if not remember to teach you this as soon as possible...though magick might not dampen your voice...hum...it is up to you then I can not have you wander of to call the spirit, her insight can be useful but it calling her will make others hear her name, including Miss Cecilia over there."

He shook his head. "I can't make my own voice soundproof with my own working, it will penetrate it anyway." It seemed a simple thing to do, but even using his silence spells his voice cut through. Useful sometimes, most other times not so much. He gave a frustrated huff, and then pointed at his throat and didn't seem inclined to elaborate about his peculiarities surrounding his voice, which is pater was aware of anyway. Other spirits he might find some other way, speaking underwater, a rock in his shoe, fire, but air was air and if he spoke it would be loud. "I would not wish to disclose it, out of respect but if there is no other way then perhaps I can think of something..." He frowned to himself as the first bit of what his pater said rolled around in his head a few times, a brief thoughtful look that one might get drawing together something for an answer.

"I will order them to do so, and thank you mea filius I know such work is not plesant."
Jeffry said and frowned. Cecilia glanced at the serum and the syringes and took several steps away from you by instinct and breath becoming more rapid and nervous.
"Ah yes even if her Avatar have been expelled we should probably dose Larson as well, just to be sure, we do not fully know how long that damned Fallen Progenitor's foul invention works after all though my guess is about a week."

"Yes sir," he nodded and added another dose to make for her. "And I would not put it past them to trap Larson herself..." Paranoid? Possibly. But with reason.

"I have not decided yet Miss, what I can say is that you will be held for a while, most likely using the serum as I do not know if any other methods will hold your Investment powers as well as your own magic, I do not think mutilating your hands will be needed though, you will not be abused or treated poorly while in our captivity. My plan is to try to arrange it so you can eventually be released but I can no make any promises, I will do what I can to keep you alive though."
The old mage promised. Cecilia looked terrified and looked down. "I...see...ehm...ok..." She muttered hesitently.

"It will not be pleasant to watch what is coming next, I am sorry for it's necessity."

You saw the door to the armory slowly begin to open up and you heard a man call out.
"We are coming out...please don't shoot!"
The three Nephandi glanced at you and the others nervously. One of them, a tall, plump man with an extra eye in his neck where holding a woman matching Larson's description in his arms while the others held their hands raised and open.
"Give them the serum, then deal with them in turn while the others are under guard, break the woman's hands last."
Jeffry told Adley then he looked towards Thorn.
"Do you have time to make sure the woman feels no pain while...the deed is done, she is with child and I do not what to stress her to the point of harming the baby."
The old mage asked and Thorn nodded at that.

He watched as they came out, ready for anything they might pull. The woman in the tall man's arms...looked like Larson. It was almost anticlimatic, to see her hanging there like a broken doll, her suit ruined. This woman that had caused so much woe, here she finally was in front of him. Then again, battles often weren't what one expected. Speaking to that, a pregnant woman...he gave a sharp look of surprise at his pater's comment. He would have to break the hands of a pregnant woman...he looked away with a displeased look, somewhat resigned. "Shall I secure her first, sir?" he asked, nodding a chin at Larson.

// no problem, take care hope it goes well.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tweaked a minor thing, added ooc)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next