Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 13 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30ish PM]
"No this...tendency of modern men to let everyone have accsess to their taglocks of various kind, hair, body fluids, fond personal posessions, in my time we knew better and you should think mages would be more careful."
Irik said and huffed.
"But the young have to be allowed to do the mistakes they please how else will they grow."
Colin nodded, "Very true. Yet, your family trusted the person who drew the blood, as well as the intended recipients of it - they had no way of knowing their physician had been compromised by Larson's allies. And trust is a commodity more precious than gold and jewels in this day and age... and far less durable."

Irik smirked a little.
"My wife's grand father where a Naqada king in pre-dynastic Egypt so any modern notion of social mobility where...far of so for a craftsman's son to marry royalty would b unheard of, unless he became what would be known as a merchant prince and have enough wealth to impress her family, and yes allot of sudden sucsess stories are those who have gotten help from one entity or another...or sudden inspiration from their souls sleeping or not."
He pondered, "That would indeed be a time of scarce social mobility. Yet, it's hardly a modern notion - in fact, it would arguably be easier to rise through the social strata five centuries ago in many areas of the world than it is today in modern America."

"What others will remember you as I could not say, I do not remember I live."
He said simply.
He nodded, "Life in the eternal Now..."

"T...thank you Sir...I...I..."
Brandon muttered still rather star struck.
"B...but why did the Aswadim want to...talk with...you?"
He smiled wryly, "It's a bit complicated, really, but in simple terms, I'm a friend of the family. And some day in the future or past, we'll meet again for the first time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 13 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 am

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "Very true. Yet, your family trusted the person who drew the blood, as well as the intended recipients of it - they had no way of knowing their physician had been compromised by Larson's allies. And trust is a commodity more precious than gold and jewels in this day and age... and far less durable."

"So it was back when I was young as well, trust is a rare commodity...and the more painful when it is broken. However I do assume my son's wife will show her displeasure towards the person who put her child in danger, I have never spoken with the woman I can not take a part in the physical world but I know her non the less."
Irik said and nodded a dangerous look in his dark eyes.

He pondered, "That would indeed be a time of scarce social mobility. Yet, it's hardly a modern notion - in fact, it would arguably be easier to rise through the social strata five centuries ago in many areas of the world than it is today in modern America."

"Hum...well perhaps so indeed."
He agreed and said nothing more about it.

He nodded, "Life in the eternal Now..."

Irik nodded at that.
"The illusions will be cast aside."

He smiled wryly, "It's a bit complicated, really, but in simple terms, I'm a friend of the family. And some day in the future or past, we'll meet again for the first time."

Brandon gave you a shoked look.
"You are a friend of the family of an Aswadim Sir? But...but...how....can that be?"
His eyes grew wide as he looked at you.
"The family Larson stole that blood from?"

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"I can understand that. I get that feeling from time to time." Serge said with a smile. He was in the tradition that specialized in Time magick. Just knowing things will happened came up quite often among his traditionmates, even to him on occasion.

"It is your Tradition's speciality is it not Sir? Knowing the future?"
Yu Die asked softly.

"That's the annoying thing about dreams though. They give us such insight into events and amazing adventures and people until we wake up and forget everything we had just seen. Every aspect of the dream on the tip of our tongues. So tantalizing close yet so far." he said in a tone of familiarity, as if he had been familiar with not being able to remember aspects of a dream.

"Hum...well I am pretty good at remembering my dreams...but this is more of a knowing. I see this girl, she is taller than me and blond and we share the same fears. She is sick though, something have happened to her, and I see myself as older, loving her, and I know she will come here today, how I know that though I could not tell you Sir. I just do not know."
Yu Die said and shook her head.

"That's one of the reasons I like drawings. They can be used to help capture the things we dream about. A physical reminder of what had happened so we don't forget."

"Yeah I can see that...I usually write my dreams up, your Mentor have asked me to do so as part of my theraphy."
The young Akashic said.
"But drawing one's dreams would be good to."

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

He frowned as he heard Cecilia as she discussed her treatment. Then he said, "If I was holding out in there, I would have trapped the interior right by the door also. From the top, bottom, sides in some way so when the attackers came through they were riddled with a series of spells. Not to mention they're in an armory...for all we know it's rigged to blow up and take all of us..." he said, peering at the doors with suspicion. As he spoke he moved a bit, trying to take a defensible position, waving a bit for Violet and helping Cecelia.

Violet helped Cecilia to get behind your protective shield again. Jeffry gave the door a look and nodded.
"I agree mea filius, we have to put ourselves in our enemies' place, if we breach her defences they loose their Avatars, I know if I where trapped in an armory and the ememy where closing in, I knew this was the end and worse that enemy would...Gilgul me...if I where caught alive, I would rig the whole place to blow to let me escape into death and hopefully take some of the bastards with me into death."
The old Hermetic said.
"We have a group of mages fighting for their Avatars and literary pressed into a corner full of explosives and weapons...this is not a good situation to be in..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

[Dalisse's Chamber, 2:30ish PM]
"So it was back when I was young as well, trust is a rare commodity...and the more painful when it is broken. However I do assume my son's wife will show her displeasure towards the person who put her child in danger, I have never spoken with the woman I can not take a part in the physical world but I know her non the less."
Irik said and nodded a dangerous look in his dark eyes.
Colin nodded, "I believe it is a great understatement to suggest the physician's career is ended."

Brandon gave you a shoked look.
"You are a friend of the family of an Aswadim Sir? But...but...how....can that be?"
His eyes grew wide as he looked at you.
"The family Larson stole that blood from?"
He nodded, "His son's family is with the Traditions; capable Magi, and... hum, I have some odd relation to them, as well. It's... complicated to say the least."
He sighed, "In any case, the fighting's almost completely over... All that remains is to take down the three people still holding out in the armoury, and then the Caul, before getting the assorted captives out and evacuating before Lady Dalisse and the ship leave the area..."
He frowned, fishing out his phone and noting the two messages from Adley, before sending a message to Morgan, 'I am safe; A. only came to express his gratitude for stopping L.L. Will need to address everyone who fought here today later. The three still holding out in the armoury - might be able to reach them; can I offer them quick death in exchange for surrender, instead of captivity? CW'

((OOC: On topic: Conan as a Spirit Guide - Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 13 18mlneuqdx38wjpg ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Colin nodded, "I believe it is a great understatement to suggest the physician's career is ended.

"Well at least some good will come of his death, the blood witches do not just use their own blood to fuel their magick."
Irik said and he sounded amused by this.

He nodded, "His son's family is with the Traditions; capable Magi, and... hum, I have some odd relation to them, as well. It's... complicated to say the least."

"You are a rather interesting man Colin."
Brandon said and he sounded rather impressed.

He sighed, "In any case, the fighting's almost completely over... All that remains is to take down the three people still holding out in the armoury, and then the Caul, before getting the assorted captives out and evacuating before Lady Dalisse and the ship leave the area..."

"Two of the four strike teams, the ones that came in through the Umbra are at the Caul chamber trying to get in."
Dalisse said telepatically. Brandon looked down sadly.
"My Mentor is dead...and my siter and...what about my brother?"
Dalisse hesitated.
"He...ehm...he is one of the three holding out in the armory."
Brandon glanced at the Handler.
"He is alive...will he survive please I can't loose them all!"
He begged and Dalisse sigh.
"I doubt he...will make it out of this alive..."

He frowned, fishing out his phone and noting the two messages from Adley, before sending a message to Morgan, 'I am safe; A. only came to express his gratitude for stopping L.L. Will need to address everyone who fought here today later. The three still holding out in the armoury - might be able to reach them; can I offer them quick death in exchange for surrender, instead of captivity? CW'

You get a reply back that said.
"To: CW
I can arrange for that...and we will have a talk in my office later. I would prefer prisoners however we have several desperate mages trapped in an armory offering them a quick death to settle this situation with no more casualities on our side is worth it...but Larson do not escape in death, she will answer for her crimes before the Council.
Be Well and do not talk with any more Fallen Gods.
JW"

(OOC: Well some times your phycician IS an evil wizard note Jace or work for a gaggle of evil wizards it happens, quite often actually especially in the World of Darkness where there is a supernatural under every bush.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 pm

"Well at least some good will come of his death, the blood witches do not just use their own blood to fuel their magick."
Irik said and he sounded amused by this.
Colin frowned, "Considering the association, that would be some unpleasant magic such blood could be used for... I'd rather not contemplate that, really."

"You are a rather interesting man Colin."
Brandon said and he sounded rather impressed.
He grinned wryly, "You don't know a fraction of it..."

"Two of the four strike teams, the ones that came in through the Umbra are at the Caul chamber trying to get in."
Dalisse said telepatically. Brandon looked down sadly.
"My Mentor is dead...and my siter and...what about my brother?"
Dalisse hesitated.
"He...ehm...he is one of the three holding out in the armory."
Brandon glanced at the Handler.
"He is alive...will he survive please I can't loose them all!"
He begged and Dalisse sigh.
"I doubt he...will make it out of this alive..."
Colin looked down, "I can offer no better than my condolences, Brandon."

You get a reply back that said.
"To: CW
I can arrange for that...and we will have a talk in my office later. I would prefer prisoners however we have several desperate mages trapped in an armory offering them a quick death to settle this situation with no more casualities on our side is worth it...but Larson do not escape in death, she will answer for her crimes before the Council.
Be Well and do not talk with any more Fallen Gods.
JW"
Colin frowned and replied, 'That was why I suggested this offer - to avoid them doing something rash that would cause the untimely explosion of the armoury and subsequent death of L.L. - will attempt to make the offer immediately. As for Fallen Gods, I will use my discretion. I'm afraid I can make no promises. CW'

He looked up at Dalisse and thought to her, 'Can you open a small portal to the armoury, and allow me to parlay for their surrender?'

((OOC: Ahh, World of Darkness, where Mages work as veterinarians, Vampires work in the blood banks, and Twilight vampires work in the sperm banks. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Colin frowned, "Considering the association, that would be some unpleasant magic such blood could be used for... I'd rather not contemplate that, really."

"I find the thought quite comforting myself but I am what I am.But now I have stayed longer than I should, there are rules after all."
The Aswadim said sounding amused.

He grinned wryly, "You don't know a fraction of it..."

"No...I am starting to realize I don't indeed."
Brandon said and he raised an eyebrow.

Colin looked down, "I can offer no better than my condolences, Brandon."

"I know..."
Brandon said sadly and looked down at his hands.
"It feels wrong that my Mentor and my sister and dead and my brother will die soon as well but I am here safe and sound you know."

Colin frowned and replied, 'That was why I suggested this offer - to avoid them doing something rash that would cause the untimely explosion of the armoury and subsequent death of L.L. - will attempt to make the offer immediately. As for Fallen Gods, I will use my discretion. I'm afraid I can make no promises. CW'

You did not get a reply but you got the feeling that when you and Jeffry Morgan had that talk, there would be no danger of his coffee getting cold.

He looked up at Dalisse and thought to her, 'Can you open a small portal to the armoury, and allow me to parlay for their surrender?'

Dalisse nodded back she made several hand gestures and opened a small portal that floated over the living room table. You saw a blond woman that had to be Larson laying curled up in the fetal position on the floor, she was blond, pretty and around 40 years old, with shoulder length hair and wearing a now soiled red buessiness suit. Also on the floor where a large, slightly chubby man who where breathing rather laborously. Otherwise in the room where three others, two men and a woman they where stacking ammunition and what looked like two crates of explosives and drawing circles around them, noticing the portal the woman shouted in alarm and all three begun spells to defend themselves, these three Nephandi where pushed into a corner, terrified for their Avatars and desperate and liable to do just about anything. Brandon exlaimed what had to be a name in the Nephandi language when he saw one of the men and a tall man with short dark hair, wearing a long light blue tunic and jeans glanced at you and seeing Brandon he hissed.
"Let my brother go Traditionalist or I will pull your spleen out though your eye sockets!"

(OOC: Oh no the Twilight vampires are all locked up over at China Glaze, they make glitter nail polish out of them. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:40 pm

"I know..."
Brandon said sadly and looked down at his hands.
"It feels wrong that my Mentor and my sister and dead and my brother will die soon as well but I am here safe and sound you know."
Colin nodded sadly, "I know... but perhaps it is necessary that you survive to remember them - to remember the chain of decisions that brought the displeasure of the Traditions and other Nephandi down on this Labyrinth, so the mistake is not repeated."

Dalisse nodded back she made several hand gestures and opened a small portal that floated over the living room table. You saw a blond woman that had to be Larson laying curled up in the fetal position on the floor, she was blond, pretty and around 40 years old, with shoulder length hair and wearing a now soiled red buessiness suit. Also on the floor where a large, slightly chubby man who where breathing rather laborously. Otherwise in the room where three others, two men and a woman they where stacking ammunition and what looked like two crates of explosives and drawing circles around them, noticing the portal the woman shouted in alarm and all three begun spells to defend themselves, these three Nephandi where pushed into a corner, terrified for their Avatars and desperate and liable to do just about anything. Brandon exlaimed what had to be a name in the Nephandi language when he saw one of the men and a tall man with short dark hair, wearing a long light blue tunic and jeans glanced at you and seeing Brandon he hissed.
"Let my brother go Traditionalist or I will pull your spleen out though your eye sockets!"
He nodded to the tall man, "You are in no position to threaten, young man... but your brother enjoys the Handler's sanctuary. Brandon's life is not in any danger, from me or from her, or from the Aswadim who just left this room. I've consulted with our strike leader, and I offer you the only mercy I can at this time - surrender, and you will be executed rather than captured."
He glanced toward the pile of explosives, "That pile will not guarantee your deaths, only the risk of extended pain, and if the treacherous Lisa Larson should die before answering for her betrayal of both Irik and Lord Griga, as well as her offenses against the Traditions and Reality itself, there will be nothing to protect you from the wrath of the Traditions."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Colin nodded sadly, "I know... but perhaps it is necessary that you survive to remember them - to remember the chain of decisions that brought the displeasure of the Traditions and other Nephandi down on this Labyrinth, so the mistake is not repeated."

"All I will remember is that this war really, really suck."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"I just want my family back."

He nodded to the tall man, "You are in no position to threaten, young man... but your brother enjoys the Handler's sanctuary. Brandon's life is not in any danger, from me or from her, or from the Aswadim who just left this room.

"Will he be brought in to the Traditions for is so that is worse than death."
The tall, dark haired man asked and he scowled at you.
"What are you going to do with my brother Traditionalist."
Then he heard what you just said.
"The...Aswadim was...just there? How...why?"

I've consulted with our strike leader, and I offer you the only mercy I can at this time - surrender, and you will be executed rather than captured."

The three Nephandi looked at one another nervously.
"Why should we believe you?"
The other of the two men asked, he was shorter than brandon's brother and his hair where very pale copper turning gray, he had an estra eye near the botton of his neck though and some strange markings on his arms.
"I agree with Jeremiah why should we believe your words...also if we agree to this how would we be...executed and what about Lady Larson?"
The woman asked. Brandon's brother scowled at you.
"We can make sure we are not captured here and perhaps take some of those Traditionalist bastards with us, you have to do better than just offering us death."
He growled.
"For I do not desire to give the Traditions the satisfaction!"

He glanced toward the pile of explosives, "That pile will not guarantee your deaths, only the risk of extended pain, and if the treacherous Lisa Larson should die before answering for her betrayal of both Irik and Lord Griga, as well as her offenses against the Traditions and Reality itself, there will be nothing to protect you from the wrath of the Traditions."

"How do you know our Giledian's name?"
Brandon's brother demanded.
"Larson have done nothing to him she leads in his place as for the Aswadim...that plan was..."
He glanced at Larson's figure on the floor and sigh.
"I am pretty sure we can take out this whole part of the ship with this and magick."
Jeremiah said and he glanced at you though the portal.
"Perhaps take out some of the bastards waiting outside as well..."
The woman looked away.
"I do not want to die..."
She muttered.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"All I will remember is that this war really, really suck."
The young Nephandus muttered.
"I just want my family back."
Colin nodded, "All wars suck... That's how it has always been. I am sorry."

"Will he be brought in to the Traditions for is so that is worse than death."
The tall, dark haired man asked and he scowled at you.
"What are you going to do with my brother Traditionalist."
Then he heard what you just said.
"The...Aswadim was...just there? How...why?"
He smiled thinly, "When I leave this place, I will leave Brandon in Lady Dalisse's care - I have no wish to harm him. As for the Aswadim, he stopped by here on his way out. It seems I am a friend of the family."

The three Nephandi looked at one another nervously.
"Why should we believe you?"
The other of the two men asked, he was shorter than brandon's brother and his hair where very pale copper turning gray, he had an estra eye near the botton of his neck though and some strange markings on his arms.
"I agree with Jeremiah why should we believe your words...also if we agree to this how would we be...executed and what about Lady Larson?"
The woman asked. Brandon's brother scowled at you.
"We can make sure we are not captured here and perhaps take some of those Traditionalist bastards with us, you have to do better than just offering us death."
He growled.
"For I do not desire to give the Traditions the satisfaction!"
He nodded, "Good question. I can offer little in the way of persuading arguments, except that Lady Dalisse trusts my sincerity... and like her, I know the suffering that would be your fate if you were captured. I would prefer to see that practice ended; almost nobody deserves to go through that... As for the means of execution - I expect either a bullet or instant incineration. The team outside includes highly capable Flambeau, who know how to control and diminish explosions, as well as some of the best people we have at countering Qlippothic magic - a novel method which reintroduces the potential your magic destroys. Additionally, Lady Dalisse does not want the ship harmed, so she might also intercept any explosion you attempt to set off."
He took a small step to the side, making sure to position himself between Dalisse and the portal.

"How do you know our Giledian's name?"
Brandon's brother demanded.
"Larson have done nothing to him she leads in his place as for the Aswadim...that plan was..."
He glanced at Larson's figure on the floor and sigh.
"I am pretty sure we can take out this whole part of the ship with this and magick."
Jeremiah said and he glanced at you though the portal.
"Perhaps take out some of the bastards waiting outside as well..."
The woman looked away.
"I do not want to die..."
She muttered.
He smiled thinly, "I am a Mage; it is my job to know things. And no, perhaps Larson has done nothing to him directly, but the Italians in her employ certainly have. After all, when did Lord Griga last issue orders that did not conform with Larson's wishes? More importantly... when did he last speak to you in your own language? Lord Griga's apprentice managed to piece things together, once I pointed him towards the truth."
He sighed, "I cannot offer you your freedom, only a quick death with a later reincarnation. But, you would die in the certainty that Larson's treacherous soul will not be reborn - she will be punished for everything she has done, and in her case, that punishment is perhaps appropriate. None of us wish to die, not here, not now, but a clean passage to the next life is still preferable to the indignity and... other things that make up the alternative. Most never come back from that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Colin nodded, "All wars suck... That's how it has always been. I am sorry."

"Yeah i guess you are right."
Brandon said tears rolled down his cheeks.
"I hate this...I just want them back."

He smiled thinly, "When I leave this place, I will leave Brandon in Lady Dalisse's care - I have no wish to harm him. As for the Aswadim, he stopped by here on his way out. It seems I am a friend of the family."

"You are letting my brother go? But why, now do not get me wrong if you are speaking the truth i appriciate it Traditionalist but...even so why?"
The dark haired man asked clearly confused and his eyes grew even wider when you mentioned the Aswadim and being a friend to the family. Brandon looked up at the portal.
"I am not been harmed Edmund."
He muttered.
"I do not think that he will harm me either."

He nodded, "Good question. I can offer little in the way of persuading arguments, except that Lady Dalisse trusts my sincerity... and like her, I know the suffering that would be your fate if you were captured. I would prefer to see that practice ended; almost nobody deserves to go through that...

"So you can offer no reansurances your only offer is death by execution rather than goin down fighting and getting revenge on our enemies."
Edmund challanged but the three looked at one another nervously at the mention of what would happen to them if they where captured.
"So it is true then...what happens to...Fallen taken prisoner by the Traditions."
The woman muttered softly and looked away.

As for the means of execution - I expect either a bullet or instant incineration.

The three remaining Nephandi looked at one another again.
"What about Stephen who are on the floor here feeling ill, what will happen to him?"
The woman asked.

The team outside includes highly capable Flambeau, who know how to control and diminish explosions, as well as some of the best people we have at countering Qlippothic magic - a novel method which reintroduces the potential your magic destroys. Additionally, Lady Dalisse does not want the ship harmed, so she might also intercept any explosion you attempt to set off."
He took a small step to the side, making sure to position himself between Dalisse and the portal.

The three Nephandi looked rather unsure now.
"It is not easy to stop an explosion when you do not know when it will be comiing or how."
Jeremiah begun.
"I...I do not want to risk capture...what if they..."
The woman begun nervously.
"I do not want to loose my Avatar...I am not sure if revenge is worth that risk, and he is right the handler might be able to stop the explosion or something."
Jeremiah shook his head.
"Even so we can not trust this man."
He muttered. Dalisse put a hand on your shoulder.
"I do not think they will be able to attack though the portal."
She whispered.

He smiled thinly, "I am a Mage; it is my job to know things. And no, perhaps Larson has done nothing to him directly, but the Italians in her employ certainly have. After all, when did Lord Griga last issue orders that did not conform with Larson's wishes? More importantly... when did he last speak to you in your own language? Lord Griga's apprentice managed to piece things together, once I pointed him towards the truth."

This set off quite a bit of talking in the Nephandi language between the three of them, with allot of gesticulating and clearly a heated debate as they now and again glanced at Larson's still form on the floor.

He sighed, "I cannot offer you your freedom, only a quick death with a later reincarnation. But, you would die in the certainty that Larson's treacherous soul will not be reborn - she will be punished for everything she has done, and in her case, that punishment is perhaps appropriate. None of us wish to die, not here, not now, but a clean passage to the next life is still preferable to the indignity and... other things that make up the alternative. Most never come back from that."

"If...what you say is true Traditionalist...if then both Larson and the Italians deserve to be punished, stabbing the leader in the back is acceptable to advance but not like this...but again you are not really offering us anything we can still end it in here, set of the bomb and hope to take some of you bbastards with you and since the Handler works with you she deserve the pain it will bring to the ship, we can die frie, perhaps get our revenge why would we want to surrender?"
Edmund challanged.
"You offer us nothing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:28 pm

"It is your Tradition's speciality is it not Sir? Knowing the future?"
Yu Die asked softly.

"It is although I'm not that good at it." Serge replied.

"Hum...well I am pretty good at remembering my dreams...but this is more of a knowing. I see this girl, she is taller than me and blond and we share the same fears. She is sick though, something have happened to her, and I see myself as older, loving her, and I know she will come here today, how I know that though I could not tell you Sir. I just do not know."
Yu Die said and shook her head.

"Damn she's coming today!" Serge said with a surprised look in his face. "Didn't expect that. Well it's a good thing your already preparing a gift for her." he mused as he continued stringing up his bracelet.

"Yeah I can see that...I usually write my dreams up, your Mentor have asked me to do so as part of my theraphy."
The young Akashic said.
"But drawing one's dreams would be good to."

"Writing works too. But pictures are worth a thousand words." Serge said, a little biased towards his own favorite art form.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:34 pm

[Serge] (At Rosa's apartment babysitting the mage girls at 2 30 in the afternoon.)

"It is although I'm not that good at it." Serge replied.

"It is a pretty cool Sphere, a healer for example could stop time giving her time to help her patient and patch them up, as much time as needed even if they where badly injured."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"And knowing a bit about the future is practical."

"Damn she's coming today!" Serge said with a surprised look in his face. "Didn't expect that. Well it's a good thing your already preparing a gift for her." he mused as he continued stringing up his bracelet.

"That is what I feel, but I do not know if I am right."
The young Akashic said as she placed several more knots before adding another bead.

"Writing works too. But pictures are worth a thousand words." Serge said, a little biased towards his own favorite art form.

"Yeah you are right Sir pictures can invoke emotions but they need to be intepreted and that intepretation is not always correct, writing is more accurate."
Yu Die said and smiled a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:17 pm

"I agree mea filius, we have to put ourselves in our enemies' place, if we breach her defences they loose their Avatars, I know if I where trapped in an armory and the ememy where closing in, I knew this was the end and worse that enemy would...Gilgul me...if I where caught alive, I would rig the whole place to blow to let me escape into death and hopefully take some of the bastards with me into death." The old Hermetic said. "We have a group of mages fighting for their Avatars and literary pressed into a corner full of explosives and weapons...this is not a good situation to be in..."

"Remember the safe? The one that was rigged all along the door? Perhaps we can approach this similarly..." he offered.

// lol @ the comic! Perfect.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Perhaps...but it is hard to act without knowing what is going on in there."
He said and as his phone pinged he looked at it and quickly wrote something.
"Your Cabalmate says he is ok, and that he is going to try to negotiate with the Nephandi, offering them death for surrender I will, take that trade as long as I get Larson alive, I doubt they will take it but he might be able to figure out some more details we can use to take them down."
The old Hermetic said and frowned as he put his phone away.

(OOC: Jeffry would be apalled at the idea of going to a doctor, or a hairdresser and leave little bits of your body behind with strangers, oh no no one do not do that and if he found out such things where common Adley would get a lecture about it. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

'Details. Size. Layout. Weapons contained in it. Other exits. That sort of thing.' Nicole replied curtly, looking at the prisoner for information. 'And what Larson looks like too.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 pm

"It is a pretty cool Sphere, a healer for example could stop time giving her time to help her patient and patch them up, as much time as needed even if they where badly injured."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"And knowing a bit about the future is practical."

"It is a cool sphere although from what I hear it's one of the harder magickal skills to learn and perform. Seeing the past or the future is fine but stopping time altogether is just inviting paradox to eat you up alive." Serge commented with what little knowledge he knew of the sphere.

"That is what I feel, but I do not know if I am right."
The young Akashic said as she placed several more knots before adding another bead.

"If that's what you feel than their's probably some truth to it." Serge assured the Akashic.

"Yeah you are right Sir pictures can invoke emotions but they need to be intepreted and that intepretation is not always correct, writing is more accurate."
Yu Die said and smiled a little.

"But that's the beauty of pictures. They can be interpreted differently by everyone. Their is no correct answer and the picture can have a unique meaning for everyone. Anyone can look at a picture and have it evoke some sort of emotion within them, even if they have no idea what they are looking at." he said as he added the last few beads to his bracelet and began knotting it up.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm

'Details. Size. Layout. Weapons contained in it. Other exits. That sort of thing.' Nicole replied curtly, looking at the prisoner for information. 'And what Larson looks like too.'

Cecilia gave you a nervous look at your barking at orders at her but she remembered you had not hurt her when you could have so she replied softly.
"The room is fairly large and L shaped, you know like the Tetris block, the long end of it contains the mundane weapons and the side chamber the enchanted ones and some technomagick I think. I do not know exactly what weapons are inside, it have never been my job but I know there are some ammunitions and firearms as well as swords and knives, some explosives to I think and like I said some magickal weapons."
The hedge wizard said.
"There are shelves lining the walls and a desk in the corner by the wall for the book keeping to have everything in order, there is a door between the long room and the side room. There are no other exits though it might be possible to get into the wents if one go through the wall."
She explained.
"Lady Larson is tall and thin, she look around 45 years old, I think but she is far older, she have shoulder length hair it a bit of a wind swept style, have you seen the new Supergirl TV series? She looks a bit like Cat Grant, she have a slight scar by her right eye and she likes to wear ladies suits."

"It is a cool sphere although from what I hear it's one of the harder magickal skills to learn and perform. Seeing the past or the future is fine but stopping time altogether is just inviting paradox to eat you up alive." Serge commented with what little knowledge he knew of the sphere.

"I have heard that the Paradox can get really bad with Time magick indeed Sir."
The young Akashic said.
"But sometimes it is worth getting Paradox if doing so let you help others."

"If that's what you feel than their's probably some truth to it." Serge assured the Akashic.

Yu Die smiled a little at that.
"Yeah I hope you are right, it shall be fun to eventually finally meet her."
She agreed.

"But that's the beauty of pictures. They can be interpreted differently by everyone. Their is no correct answer and the picture can have a unique meaning for everyone. Anyone can look at a picture and have it evoke some sort of emotion within them, even if they have no idea what they are looking at." he said as he added the last few beads to his bracelet and began knotting it up.

"And that is great for art Sir, that might be the whole point of art."
Yu Die said as she carefully added more knots making a sraw string bracelet rather than just beads put on a string.
"However if you are describing an experience you want to keep a record of, such as a dream, having concrete details might be better, then you can go back and check exactly what you experienced at any given time."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 pm

'In a defensible spot, cannot retreat, offering an excellent kill zone, has the pick of weapons and has had some time to prepare.' the large woman replied after a thoughtful look. 'They know we are not a large team... in that position might consider escape still possible, I might.' rubbing her neck for a moment before continuing.

'Mine the door, claim some attackers. Then hit doorway with heavy fire, such as fifties... explosives if I've got 'em. Then keep up the pressure, present a moving target, perhaps leave an IED or two tucked away in the kill zone. Then there's all the shit I don't know... Yeah... it's possible alright.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 pm

'In a defensible spot, cannot retreat, offering an excellent kill zone, has the pick of weapons and has had some time to prepare.' the large woman replied after a thoughtful look. 'They know we are not a large team... in that position might consider escape still possible, I might.' rubbing her neck for a moment before continuing.

"Agreed, not to mention they will likely consider dying in the process of their escape attemnt or their attemnt to take some of us with them as they go quite acceptable, and while their chances are not good, they will be desperate and nothing are more dangerous than a desperate man."
Jeffry said and he nodded in agreement

'Mine the door, claim some attackers. Then hit doorway with heavy fire, such as fifties... explosives if I've got 'em. Then keep up the pressure, present a moving target, perhaps leave an IED or two tucked away in the kill zone. Then there's all the shit I don't know... Yeah... it's possible alright.'

"My main concern is that they will do something to try to take us and themselves out, a mundane explosion I could probably control and deal with but they have allot of options, they might not want to die but they want to be taken alive even less, and now they are out of rope and it is time for them to throw caution to the wind and pull out all the stops, and this can turn into quite a problem."
The old Hermetic continued.
"But we can not leave them in there and I want Larson alive!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 pm

"I have heard that the Paradox can get really bad with Time magick indeed Sir."
The young Akashic said.
"But sometimes it is worth getting Paradox if doing so let you help others."

"That's true." Serge agreed. Then after fiddling with his bracelet a little more he continued, "I've always wondered what other things you can do with that sphere. Things other than slowing down time or fortune telling. I remember hearing about a spell that allowed a user to be in the right place at the right time. To time their movements and position unconsciously so that they would always be standing in the perfect spot for whatever event would happen in the future."

Yu Die smiled a little at that.
"Yeah I hope you are right, it shall be fun to eventually finally meet her."
She agreed.

"What are you going to say when you first meet here?" Serge asked curiously.

"And that is great for art Sir, that might be the whole point of art."
Yu Die said as she carefully added more knots making a sraw string bracelet rather than just beads put on a string.
"However if you are describing an experience you want to keep a record of, such as a dream, having concrete details might be better, then you can go back and check exactly what you experienced at any given time."

Serge shrugged and said, "That makes sense. I shouldn't argue, I use both art form in my magick. Sometimes you need specific details alongside the abstractness of art."

As he talked he finished stringing up his string with beads that were held by a knot on one end. He begun to loop the long string around, attaching one end to the other to create a bracelet.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

'Backed them into a corner, we have.' Nicole replied, giving a little nod to the Chief. Then ran her tongue over her teeth for a moment, as though thinking of the best way to phrase it...

'So... we let them out of the corner. Let them trade Larsen for us letting them leave here breathing.' adjusting her poise for a moment, as though she was starting to get cramp.

'Question is; just how important is it that we end up with her alive?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 pm

'Backed them into a corner, we have.' Nicole replied, giving a little nod to the Chief. Then ran her tongue over her teeth for a moment, as though thinking of the best way to phrase it...

"That we have indeed done Miss."
Jeffry agreed and nodded.

'So... we let them out of the corner. Let them trade Larsen for us letting them leave here breathing.' adjusting her poise for a moment, as though she was starting to get cramp.

The old Hermetic looked very skeptical.
"You are talking about letting three or four Nephandi live to cause moure problems later, it might solve our problem right now but...letting Nephandi live do not fill me with happiness."

'Question is; just how important is it that we end up with her alive?'

"Quite, I will not give that woman the chance to be reborn and let her widderslainte start her plan up again, we are winning now, due to luck we could have lost or had far more casualties, but we managed to weaken them before we attacked, who know how we would fare if Larson's reincarnation try again, not to mention she deserve to answer for her crimes."
The Chief said with grim determination in his eyes.
"And you can not Gilgul a corpse."

"That's true." Serge agreed. Then after fiddling with his bracelet a little more he continued, "I've always wondered what other things you can do with that sphere. Things other than slowing down time or fortune telling. I remember hearing about a spell that allowed a user to be in the right place at the right time. To time their movements and position unconsciously so that they would always be standing in the perfect spot for whatever event would happen in the future."

"That is pretty cool Sir. A mage in my Chantry is always right on time, perfectly so you can do that and one can determine how old somethin is or exactly how long something will take, you could get perfect timing when fighting or with dancing."
Yu Die suggjested as she beaded.
"Peer into the past and future off course or perhaps even time travel, who knows what the Masters of Time can do though that also probably cause allot of Dox."

"What are you going to say when you first meet here?" Serge asked curiously.

"I will probably start with hi."
The young Akashic said and glanced up at you and smiled.

Serge shrugged and said, "That makes sense. I shouldn't argue, I use both art form in my magick. Sometimes you need specific details alongside the abstractness of art."

As he talked he finished stringing up his string with beads that were held by a knot on one end. He begun to loop the long string around, attaching one end to the other to create a bracelet.

Yu Die where still working on the Shamballa style draw string bracelet she was making and she nodded.
"That I agree with Sir, both have their uses."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 pm

'Looks from here we need to pick the least worst option, then. Think our luck's all worn out now and we ain't gonna get a perfect ten score.' the large woman replied in a matter-of-fact way, ending with a "it's your call" gesture.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 pm

"That is pretty cool Sir. A mage in my Chantry is always right on time, perfectly so you can do that and one can determine how old somethin is or exactly how long something will take, you could get perfect timing when fighting or with dancing."
Yu Die suggjested as she beaded.
"Peer into the past and future off course or perhaps even time travel, who knows what the Masters of Time can do though that also probably cause allot of Dox."

"Maybe send your consciousness back in time and telepathically converse with wise old mages from the past and get their advice and wisdom? That way your body stays in it's rightful place at the right time so reality can't get too angry with you." Serge added thinking that would be a fun little trick he might be able to do if he ever decided to learn time magick.

"I will probably start with hi."
The young Akashic said and glanced up at you and smiled.

"Introducing yourself is good. Better than my weird idea of wowing her with magickal fire fists." Serge said with a grin.

"Introduce yourself, talk with her, become friends and more, help her fight whatever sickness she's facing, and live happily ever after. I'm sure you'll be alright." he said placing his rather amateurish blue and red bracelet and on his wrist and looking at it intently.

"I am curious about the fact that she'll be coming today. Is she coming as a visitor from another chantry?" he asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 am

"You are letting my brother go? But why, now do not get me wrong if you are speaking the truth i appriciate it Traditionalist but...even so why?"
The dark haired man asked clearly confused and his eyes grew even wider when you mentioned the Aswadim and being a friend to the family. Brandon looked up at the portal.
"I am not been harmed Edmund."
He muttered.
"I do not think that he will harm me either."
Colin smiled thinly, "Because formally an enemy or not, Brandon is still a quite compassionate and decent person. He helped take a bit of Lady Dalisse's and the ship's pain away when an explosion hurt the ship earlier - Fallen or not, there aren't all that many who would willingly suffer to ease the pain of another. I think he may have a great destiny ahead of him - one wherein he can help develop a deeper understanding of magic, and perhaps even help others on their personal path. And much as I disagree with the Black Spiral, I can't quite justify tearing someone's Avatar apart for seeking their own individual nonexistence..."

"So you can offer no reansurances your only offer is death by execution rather than goin down fighting and getting revenge on our enemies."
Edmund challanged but the three looked at one another nervously at the mention of what would happen to them if they where captured.
"So it is true then...what happens to...Fallen taken prisoner by the Traditions."
The woman muttered softly and looked away.
"It is true what the Traditions do to Fallen prisoners... well, mostly. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between... And what I offer you is the reassurance that you will be reborn, and that the one responsible for this entire bloody mess is destroyed utterly. Had not Larson's ambitions vastly outgrown her competence, neither this nor Abigail's Labyrinth in Chicago would have fallen today."

The three remaining Nephandi looked at one another again.
"What about Stephen who are on the floor here feeling ill, what will happen to him?"
The woman asked.
He frowned, "It was by my request that he was given air... slow suffocation from the asthma attack would have been too cruel and slow a death, even for an enemy. I cannot guarantee he will be executed instead of captured... however, between Larson and the assorted captives we will be rescuing, the logistics may be stretched too thin to bring him in alive. Of course, I cannot stop you from... preventing his capture, should you choose to not chance it on his behalf..."

The three Nephandi looked rather unsure now.
"It is not easy to stop an explosion when you do not know when it will be comiing or how."
Jeremiah begun.
"I...I do not want to risk capture...what if they..."
The woman begun nervously.
"I do not want to loose my Avatar...I am not sure if revenge is worth that risk, and he is right the handler might be able to stop the explosion or something."
Jeremiah shook his head.
"Even so we can not trust this man."
He muttered. Dalisse put a hand on your shoulder.
"I do not think they will be able to attack though the portal."
She whispered.
He shook his head, "It is not easy, no... but a Master of House Flambeau is outside, and he knows it is the armoury. He's expecting an explosion, and I would be greatly surprised if he was not preparing some manner of containment for the anticipated blast. As for trusting me - that is up to you, obviously, but I swear on my magic, I am parlaying in good faith. If any of you know the Tradition Laws, the Third Protocol is quite clear: A Mage's Word Is His Honour, Do Not Break A Sworn Vow."

"If...what you say is true Traditionalist...if then both Larson and the Italians deserve to be punished, stabbing the leader in the back is acceptable to advance but not like this...but again you are not really offering us anything we can still end it in here, set of the bomb and hope to take some of you bbastards with you and since the Handler works with you she deserve the pain it will bring to the ship, we can die frie, perhaps get our revenge why would we want to surrender?"
Edmund challanged.
"You offer us nothing."
He shook his head, "You are incorrect, Edmund. I offer you certainty. Certainty of reincarnation, certainty of a quick, painless death, and certainty that the treacherous harridan in the room with you will never reincarnate to bring your day to ruin again. If you were to successfully set off the detonation, you would have no guarantee you would be killed instantly, you would have no guarantee you would kill or even harm anyone outside the room, and most importantly, you would have no guarantee Larson pays for her crimes. Furthermore, our capture of Larson alive would help put a few more nails in the coffins for the Italians - a measure of vengeance for your Gilledian."
He glanced over at Brandon, "And, of course, I offer a glimmer of hope that you may be reunited with your brother in your next life. He will be here waiting, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next