Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 24 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Anja's Post:

'Search for what, exactly?' Nicole replied, looking at the strange woman with mild interest. 'And why don't this place have an alarm system or something?'

Anja's Post:

'Simple. Test everyone for blood group, get a few to give up a pint. Ain't there some folk who's blood can be used in everyone or something?' ending with a bit of a frown as she dredged up what little she could remember on the subject.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 24 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm

"I will hurry I should hang up now and ask them."
Fran said.

He hung up.

"Yes we are going to have to go over the wards and also speak with our Sodalis to find out what happened, however first we are going to sleep in the time bubble, I am making mistakes, mistakes we can not afford. Sometimes the most effective thing to do is to rest so we can be more effective." The old magus said. "As soon as we have made sure our phycician are going to be ok. Could you please check on our guest to see that she is ok as well?" Jeffry requested.

"Yes, sir," he said and went over towards Welder. Rest...seemed far away again. He had to keep on tasks or he would not be able to keep going. "Ma'am...?" He tried to get her attention. "What was the prayer you were saying before?" he asked, maybe that would keep her mind on something better.

"It is hard to say I got a warning that someone wanted to assassinate our guest here."
The Chief said and he indicated the wouunded woman in the bed.
"It is worrisome though, we have to search the Chantry, be sure something else is not wrong and yes you might call it a form of mind control."
'Search for what, exactly?' Nicole replied, looking at the strange woman with mild interest. 'And why don't this place have an alarm system or something?'
"Regardless of what it was, isn't this entire place warded against ranged magickal attacks?" Serge said with a look of concern looking around the room as if trying to see a tear in some ephemeral barrier. "How did something get through them?"
"That is an excellent question young man, the wards will have to be checked and my young Sodalis checked, she might have left the Chantry for a moment, perhaps gone around the corner to get something at the grocery store and she could have been attacked there for example, I however agree that it is a most troubeling prospect."

He perked a brow at his mentor saying they'd gotten a warning about the attack, something he didn't know. "It was a spirit of some kind that possessed our sodalis, from what I saw, but that doesn't answer who sent it. There /is/ a ward, and it's a good one, one which we fixed just earlier after another attack. In case you hadn't noticed, we've been under assault for a few days before you got here..."

"I think I'm B-blooded. I was checked when I gave blood earlier." Serge said taking a sad glance at the blood stained ninja doctor.
"Y...you are not a match for me..."
Richard said weakly, he was better now though that his Mentor had been working on him and a bit of color had returned to his cheeks.
"With Tass I can take care of it, he should be fine now, but this Chantry will need to aquire more donor blood in case one of you get injured again."
Dr Wong said as he stopped his katas and hunched down to check on his apprentice.
"Thank you both for saving his life."
The grateful Akashic said to Jeffry and Adley

He nodded at Serge, then looked relived as Richard seemed to come to and speak. "I'm just glad you're ok. Rest up, we're still looking for a match for you...you know anyone?"

'Simple. Test everyone for blood group, get a few to give up a pint. Ain't there some folk who's blood can be used in everyone or something?' ending with a bit of a frown as she dredged up what little she could remember on the subject.

"The leader of the labyrinth we just took down kept samples of the blood of those under her to use in case she needed something I assume to blackmail or punish them with or if they ran away or got captured. There could be some issues to keeping blood on hand like that, we'd have to figure out some ways to deal with that if we can, later." He sounded exhausted, now that the fight was seemingly over he was starting to feel like he needed to sit down for a year again. "Speaking of that I need to wash up..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 pm

"That is an excellent question young man, the wards will have to be checked and my young Sodalis checked, she might have left the Chantry for a moment, perhaps gone around the corner to get something at the grocery store and she could have been attacked there for example, I however agree that it is a most troubeling prospect."
Jeffry said as he glanced over at Serge.
Adley wrote:He perked a brow at his mentor saying they'd gotten a warning about the attack, something he didn't know. "It was a spirit of some kind that possessed our sodalis, from what I saw, but that doesn't answer who sent it. There /is/ a ward, and it's a good one, one which we fixed just earlier after another attack. In case you hadn't noticed, we've been under assault for a few days before you got here..."

"We could look through their memories to try and see what happened before her possession." Serge suggested nervously. "Something weird might've been going on and she might not have noticed it at first. Someone tailing her or something like that. A second look through could reveal what happened."

"Could you look in the cabinet if you might be able to find a bowl and some wash cloths, I would like to clean some of the blood of the faces of the two women, I would think that would make them more comfortable."
Jeffry requested clearly seeing that Serge needed to feel useful and he nodded towards one of the cabinets in the room.

"Sure thing." Serge said as he obeyed immediately and began to search the cabinets for the items requested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:58 pm

[Serge, Nicole and Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Search for intruders or hostile spells Miss, and yes we do have an alarm system and as my apprentice point out a good ward, somehow someone found a way to get past it."
Jeffry said as he regarded Nicole for a moment.

"The leader of the labyrinth we just took down kept samples of the blood of those under her to use in case she needed something I assume to blackmail or punish them with or if they ran away or got captured. There could be some issues to keeping blood on hand like that, we'd have to figure out some ways to deal with that if we can, later." He sounded exhausted, now that the fight was seemingly over he was starting to feel like he needed to sit down for a year again. "Speaking of that I need to wash up..."

"We might ask the members of the Chantry to let themselves be tested and to give blood but I doubt the Deacon Council will force it on anyone."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I could possibly manage to remove the arcane connections from the blood but it is not easy with bodily fluids, and like my apprentice says having a magus' blood means having power over them."

"Yes, sir," he said and went over towards Welder. Rest...seemed far away again. He had to keep on tasks or he would not be able to keep going. "Ma'am...?" He tried to get her attention. "What was the prayer you were saying before?" he asked, maybe that would keep her mind on something better.

Captain Welder looked absolutely terrified for a while then she finally focused on you.
"It...is a prayer...for strength."
She whispered.
"Ah forgive my condition it...it is not dignified I...how are the doctor...he saved my life...how is he doing?"
She asked softly.

He perked a brow at his mentor saying they'd gotten a warning about the attack, something he didn't know. "It was a spirit of some kind that possessed our sodalis, from what I saw, but that doesn't answer who sent it. There /is/ a ward, and it's a good one, one which we fixed just earlier after another attack. In case you hadn't noticed, we've been under assault for a few days before you got here..."

Jeffry took his phone out of his pocket so you could read Colin's message.
"That is all the information I got."
He said and sigh.
"I suspect the spirit attatched itself to our Sodalis while she was outside of the wards and that let her carry it across since she are invited to be here."
He said and frowned.

He nodded at Serge, then looked relived as Richard seemed to come to and speak. "I'm just glad you're ok. Rest up, we're still looking for a match for you...you know anyone?"

"Anyone A plus or minus would be an match...ehm...Mr Rush is A plus, Master Haagen, ehm...Mr King I think..."
Richard tried to remember. You would have noticed Nicole saying she was A minus though neither of the Akashics had caught it as they where busy at the time.
"You said you needed to wash up Adley...you can use my shower if you like."
Richard offered.

"We could look through their memories to try and see what happened before her possession." Serge suggested nervously. "Something weird might've been going on and she might not have noticed it at first. Someone tailing her or something like that. A second look through could reveal what happened."

"Without my young Sodalis consent or if there is no other choice I can not okey that as it would be scrying on her."
Jeffry said.
"And before I have examined her to be sure she is clear I do not want you to take the risk that whatever posessed her come into you instead."

"Sure thing." Serge said as he obeyed immediately and began to search the cabinets for the items requested.

You found a metal bowl, some towels and some washcloths on the top shelf of the cabinet your searched.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Anja's Post:

'Okay. But need someone to ID people who shouldn't be here to come with me. And able to see non-visible stuff.' Nicole replied, fingers flexing out over the knife blade, a little annoyed that once again she didn't have a gun.

[Nicole's A-, not B-. So answered Adley's 'we need a donor' question at the point the Dr decided on a work-around solution].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm

[Boston, 7 PM]
"It is a rare trait in pepole generally Mentor, but why would it be any more common in those born to rule with no other qualification than their birth than those who run for office?"
Anna asked.
Colin shook his head, "The trait is no more common in royalty than in, well, the average man on the street, I suppose - but those born to royalty have never experienced the desperation, the powerlessness that someone of far humbler origins have to fuel their will. And someone born into royalty can, ideally, have good mentors to guide them toward a more altruistic philosophy. Essentially, it comes down to accepting a slight reduction in potential for a greater reduction in risk. This is a calculation you, too, will learn in time. It applies to almost everything."

"I will take care of that Mr Steed."
Udella said using your alias when in front of your enemies and she muttered sme words and cast a simple spell, creating a small sphere of light that she tossed into the allyway revealing the man and the woman you had seen at the trial, and three, identical, very tall, beefy men who fixed their eyes on you and your party.
He nodded, "Thank you. Hm, the two will look a lot less happy at their trial. Well, we'll get there soon enough."

Now that Udella had iluminated the allyway you could see your five foes well.
"I doubt they are much concerned with our comfort and wishes my good man."
Rodger said as he aimed at one of the HIT Marks.
He grinned and fired at the eyes of the HIT-Mark on the right, "Quite so, I guess we shall have to show them why complying with our requests is the wiser path."

((OOC: Initiative roll: 10+Dex 3+Wits 3. Dex+Firearms vs. HIT-Mark eyeball: 1,2,8,9... Well, it's a hit, I believe? Damage comes to 3,5,6,9, unless that counts as an autokill...))

((OOC2: Just came home from Ant-Man and the Wasp. Fun movie. Worth the watch. Very Happy ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm

"You can go down to the common room and find someone here. Me and my apprentice will need to rest in a time bubble as we have been awake for...some time..."
Jeffry said.
"I think it is more likely we will be attacked by something spiritual than to have an axual intruder though."

(OOC: Sorry I made a mistake I will fix it. I have a pretty bad headache today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:38 pm

"Without my young Sodalis consent or if there is no other choice I can not okey that as it would be scrying on her."
Jeffry said.
"And before I have examined her to be sure she is clear I do not want you to take the risk that whatever posessed her come into you instead."

"Yeah that makes sense." Serge said with a nod to show that he understood the Master's reasoning.

You found a metal bowl, some towels and some washcloths on the top shelf of the cabinet your searched.

He quickly brought the items back to Master Morgan.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 pm

[Colin] (On the streets of Boston at 6 30)

Colin shook his head, "The trait is no more common in royalty than in, well, the average man on the street, I suppose - but those born to royalty have never experienced the desperation, the powerlessness that someone of far humbler origins have to fuel their will. And someone born into royalty can, ideally, have good mentors to guide them toward a more altruistic philosophy. Essentially, it comes down to accepting a slight reduction in potential for a greater reduction in risk. This is a calculation you, too, will learn in time. It applies to almost everything."

"I would find it far more likely that one who themselves have had to struggle will have sympathy and understand for others than someone who have grown up pampered in an ivery palace Mentor."
Anna protested.
"And I find it far more likely that a royal's advicers will be suck ups who wants power themselves than actually good teachers. If we look at history and see what royal rulers have done I can not really agree that there is any less of a chance one of them will be a tyrant than someone who have earned the right to rule."
The young mage said and she shook her head.

He nodded, "Thank you. Hm, the two will look a lot less happy at their trial. Well, we'll get there soon enough."

"Very few look happy at their trials my good man."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.

He grinned and fired at the eyes of the HIT-Mark on the right, "Quite so, I guess we shall have to show them why complying with our requests is the wiser path."

You hit the first HIT Mark in the eye but not very well, the cyborg where clearly badly injured but not down it strubeled around with jerky motions. His two friends fired back, one bullet hitting Rodger in the tigh, the Etherite cried out and fell but he still managed to fire at one of the HIT Marks hitting it in the eye and the machine fell to the ground jerking. Udella chanted and where clearly starting a spell but the female assailant leveled a dart gun at her and fired it, the steering fins on the dart where stripped of it by Udella's kinetic shield but the thing itself might be Primium for it went right through and hit her in the arm. Anna who stoo next to Udella gave a yelp of suprise seeing what was happening but she grabbed the dart and janket it out of Udella's arm and tossed it on the ground in disgust before the dart could deposit much of the serum. udella grunted but she continued her spell. The second HIT Mark took aim and fired at you, you felt a sharp, burning pain in your right arm.

The female assailant pulled out a phone that she was tapping at while her male friend aimed at you with his wand and shot of a fieball, which missed spectacularly.

(OOC: The HIT Mark will hit Colin in the arm but please roll to dodge so we can determine how much damage he will take from basically nothing and it is just a scrape to something more serious. The damage is aggrevated though due to the Primium ammo.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm

"Yeah that makes sense." Serge said with a nod to show that he understood the Master's reasoning.

Jeffry just nodded at that.
"You are good at drawing are you not kid?"
He asked.
"Do you want to help me take down the description of the spirit I banished so I can seek out what Umbrood it might have been and who might have sent it?"

He quickly brought the items back to Master Morgan.

"Thank you, if you would fill the bowl with luke warm water?"
The old mage requested he was still avoiding using names.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm

[Boston, 6:30 PM?]
"I would find it far more likely that one who themselves have had to struggle will have sympathy and understand for others than someone who have grown up pampered in an ivery palace Mentor."
Anna protested.
"And I find it far more likely that a royal's advicers will be suck ups who wants power themselves than actually good teachers. If we look at history and see what royal rulers have done I can not really agree that there is any less of a chance one of them will be a tyrant than someone who have earned the right to rule."
The young mage said and she shook her head.
Colin nodded, "A reasonable argument. It can easily boil down to whether you'll have to fight a cornered sloth or a cornered tiger, though - which is part of the risk assessment you'll have to work out."

"Very few look happy at their trials my good man."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.
He grinned, "True enough, and these will have better reason than most."

You hit the first HIT Mark in the eye but not very well, the cyborg where clearly badly injured but not down it strubeled around with jerky motions. His two friends fired back, one bullet hitting Rodger in the tigh, the Etherite cried out and fell but he still managed to fire at one of the HIT Marks hitting it in the eye and the machine fell to the ground jerking. Udella chanted and where clearly starting a spell but the female assailant leveled a dart gun at her and fired it, the steering fins on the dart where stripped of it by Udella's kinetic shield but the thing itself might be Primium for it went right through and hit her in the arm. Anna who stoo next to Udella gave a yelp of suprise seeing what was happening but she grabbed the dart and janket it out of Udella's arm and tossed it on the ground in disgust before the dart could deposit much of the serum. udella grunted but she continued her spell. The second HIT Mark took aim and fired at you, you felt a sharp, burning pain in your right arm.

The female assailant pulled out a phone that she was tapping at while her male friend aimed at you with his wand and shot of a fieball, which missed spectacularly.
((OOC: Dex+Athletics: 3,4,7,7,7,9. I think the luck spell worked. Razz ))
He let out a yelp, "Bloody hell, that was my last suit, too! Bloody chunk of Union scrap! Oh, and good work, sweetie, now stop that bloody woman!"
He shifted his grip to his left hand and took aim at the HIT-Mark's other eye.

((OOC2: So, yeah, using a turn to aim instead of shooting. Got to do that when using the offhand. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Jeffry just nodded at that.
"You are good at drawing are you not kid?"
He asked.
"Do you want to help me take down the description of the spirit I banished so I can seek out what Umbrood it might have been and who might have sent it?"

"Sure! I've wanted to know what the spirits looked like for so long." Serge said, eager to help as he flipped to an empty page in his sketchbook. "Describe away." he said with a  pencil at the ready.

"Thank you, if you would fill the bowl with luke warm water?"
The old mage requested he was still avoiding using names.

Serge nodded and looked around for a water source within the room. Once he found one he filled it up with lukewarm water and returned to the Master.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:12 pm

"Sure! I've wanted to know what the spirits looked like for so long." Serge said, eager to help as he flipped to an empty page in his sketchbook. "Describe away." he said with a pencil at the ready.

"Spirits can take just about any form young man, but the spirit in question looked like a somewhat humanoid blue mist, with a inverted face...ah who should I describe it, instead of the features going outwards they go inward the way you would get if you pressed your face into a lump of clay. The Umbrood also had very long, bony fingers tipped with darker blye claws."
The old Hermetic described.

Serge nodded and looked around for a water source within the room. Once he found one he filled it up with lukewarm water and returned to the Master.

Jeffry nodded.
"Thank you young man."
He said then he took the wash cloth, wetted it then he used it to wash Theodora's face and neckclean of blood then he handed another wet cloth to Richard so the Akashic can wash himself as well. Richard gave him a slight nod in thanks.

Colin nodded, "A reasonable argument. It can easily boil down to whether you'll have to fight a cornered sloth or a cornered tiger, though - which is part of the risk assessment you'll have to work out."

"Both would be a problem to fight Mentor."
Anna said and frowned.
"I think it is best to have a leader who have earned though than one who have their position handed to them, though no form of goverment are a guarentee there will not be corruption."

He grinned, "True enough, and these will have better reason than most."

"Indeed, well let us win before we congratulate ourselves."
Udella said and she glanced into the allyway.

((OOC: Dex+Athletics: 3,4,7,7,7,9. I think the luck spell worked. Razz ))
He let out a yelp, "Bloody hell, that was my last suit, too! Bloody chunk of Union scrap! Oh, and good work, sweetie, now stop that bloody woman!"
He shifted his grip to his left hand and took aim at the HIT-Mark's other eye.

Your arm burned allot but you do not think the damage was to bad and the bullet had gone right through and mostly just made a nasty cut, you would need stritches but you where not seriously hurt. Anna nodded she made the same gestures you had seen her use against you and the woman with the laptop gave a suprised and alarmed shout.
"Dammit it is the girl...she is blocking me get the girl!"
She shouted and the man with the want aimed it at Anna but he did not have time to cast a spell with it as Rodger shot at the man's hand and while he did not hit him, his bullet cut his wand in two giving the enemy caster a bit of a pause. The HIT Mark you had shot where still just walking around aimplessly, walking into a wall repetadly. The remaining HIT Mark though took aim at Anna and you could see the bullet pass just a hair's breath from her head, cutting some blond hair in the process, luckily she did not notice this as she was busy with a new spell to aim at the now wandless assailant so she never new how close she was to die.

Udella's spell finally went of and the man with the wand grunted as he hit the floor, with the gloves Anna had not hesitated and had gotten the dart out quickly enough to leave the old Quesitor in full use of her power and whatever she had then done to the man who had half a wand now he was down, unconcious on the ground, then the remaining HIT-Mark burst into flame, it did not scream as a man would have but it did start to try to put itself out. The old Quesitor had managed to get two spells out seemingly at once, which was a testament to her raw power.
"You took out my target Master Adimari."
Anna said.
"Cast your spell regardless child, it do not hurt to have two rotes binding him just to be sure."
Udella answered and Anna nodded at that and finished her spell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Anja's Post:

'Want me to raise the alarm or do this on the quiet?'

[Hey, everyone's allowed to have off-days...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 am

[Boston, 6:30 PM]
"Both would be a problem to fight Mentor."
Anna said and frowned.
"I think it is best to have a leader who have earned though than one who have their position handed to them, though no form of goverment are a guarentee there will not be corruption."
Colin nodded, "The best practical solution is a compromise, though - a bit of both. It has worked well in much of Europe for longer than the USA has been a nation."

"Indeed, well let us win before we congratulate ourselves."
Udella said and she glanced into the allyway.
He nodded, "True enough. We will win, or die. They have other options. Let us see what the outcome will be."

Your arm burned allot but you do not think the damage was to bad and the bullet had gone right through and mostly just made a nasty cut, you would need stritches but you where not seriously hurt. Anna nodded she made the same gestures you had seen her use against you and the woman with the laptop gave a suprised and alarmed shout.
"Dammit it is the girl...she is blocking me get the girl!"
She shouted and the man with the want aimed it at Anna but he did not have time to cast a spell with it as Rodger shot at the man's hand and while he did not hit him, his bullet cut his wand in two giving the enemy caster a bit of a pause. The HIT Mark you had shot where still just walking around aimplessly, walking into a wall repetadly. The remaining HIT Mark though took aim at Anna and you could see the bullet pass just a hair's breath from her head, cutting some blond hair in the process, luckily she did not notice this as she was busy with a new spell to aim at the now wandless assailant so she never new how close she was to die.

Udella's spell finally went of and the man with the wand grunted as he hit the floor, with the gloves Anna had not hesitated and had gotten the dart out quickly enough to leave the old Quesitor in full use of her power and whatever she had then done to the man who had half a wand now he was down, unconcious on the ground, then the remaining HIT-Mark burst into flame, it did not scream as a man would have but it did start to try to put itself out. The old Quesitor had managed to get two spells out seemingly at once, which was a testament to her raw power.
"You took out my target Master Adimari."
Anna said.
"Cast your spell regardless child, it do not hurt to have two rotes binding him just to be sure."
Udella answered and Anna nodded at that and finished her spell.
He grimaced at the infernal stinging - and shifted his aim from the partly disabled HIT-Mark to the one on fire, and sent a round at its optics, "Listen to Master Adimari, Sweetie - there is no overkill, only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'. Better safe than sorry."

((OOC: So no wound penalties, then. W00t! Shot at Burny's eyes: 5,6,6,9 - so three successes, I think? So six dice of Lethal to the thinky bits comes to 2,3,4,5,6,9... Well, it should slow it down a little... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:58 am

"Spirits can take just about any form young man, but the spirit in question looked like a somewhat humanoid blue mist, with a inverted face...ah who should I describe it, instead of the features going outwards they go inward the way you would get if you pressed your face into a lump of clay. The Umbrood also had very long, bony fingers tipped with darker blye claws."
The old Hermetic described.

"Humanoid mist...that just sounds awesome." Serge repeated to himself slowly as his pencil raced across the page to create the figure that the Master had in his mind.

"A body sculpted out of smoky blue mist, with it's face being pressed into said mist to give an inverted face." he said in an almost trance-like voice as he drew just that. A blue misty figure began to form on the page with the features that Master Morgan had described. Bubbling smoke slowly forming into a human-like shape and staring menacingly at whoever was looking the the picture.

"And lastly bony fingers protruding out of its smokey arms, each tipped with dark blue claws. This guy certainly sounds sinister." he commented as he added the last touches onto the drawing and flipped it around to show the old heremtic. "How's this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 am

'Okay. But need someone to ID people who shouldn't be here to come with me. And able to see non-visible stuff.' Nicole replied, fingers flexing out over the knife blade, a little annoyed that once again she didn't have a gun.

"If you still got that flyswatter somewhere you might want to keep it handy if there are hostile spirits. Though the enchantment may have worn off by now."

"You can go down to the common room and find someone here. Me and my apprentice will need to rest in a time bubble as we have been awake for...some time..."
Jeffry said. "I think it is more likely we will be attacked by something spiritual than to have an axual intruder though."

"Well, we're going to have to turn this over to someone in the meantime, probably best for it to be them. Maybe someone can keep a watch on the room..." They were spread pretty thin but perhaps one of their spirit friends could help.

Captain Welder looked absolutely terrified for a while then she finally focused on you.
"It...is a prayer...for strength."
She whispered.
"Ah forgive my condition it...it is not dignified I...how are the doctor...he saved my life...how is he doing?"
She asked softly.

"We think he will be okay now, we still need to find a blood donor though. He is much better than before and we think we've expelled the spirit but we're cautious. Why don't you tell me the prayer. I might know it but it's been a while."

That is all the information I got."
He said and sigh.
"I suspect the spirit attatched itself to our Sodalis while she was outside of the wards and that let her carry it across since she are invited to be here."
He said and frowned.

He looked at the message as it was shown to him. "Huh..." More cryptic warnings that were proven true from Colin. First he'd asked for him to look in on her, now this...

"Anyone A plus or minus would be an match...ehm...Mr Rush is A plus, Master Haagen, ehm...Mr King I think..."
Richard tried to remember. You would have noticed Nicole saying she was A minus though neither of the Akashics had caught it as they where busy at the time.
"You said you needed to wash up Adley...you can use my shower if you like."
Richard offered.

"I hazard to say the Verbena may have already lost some blood; you said you were A minus right?" he said to Nicole, for confirmation. "But you had a transfusion...is that a problem, doctors?" he asked them. He nodded a bit at Richard. "Yeah, I doubt you'd want me to walk around with your blood on me. Thanks." While Serge and his pater discussed the spirit, he went to wash off his hands and any other blood on him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:41 am

Anja's Post:

'I... can't remember.' Nicole admitted, giving a little shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I did. Got told it in training.' she replied, giving a nod.

[Where *did* she leave the fly swatter? Did Adley even give it to her? Can't remember... plus, perhaps those spirit-shades might still work. I know they'll still be in a pocket now on the floor.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:52 am

"Humanoid mist...that just sounds awesome." Serge repeated to himself slowly as his pencil raced across the page to create the figure that the Master had in his mind.

"I am sure our Doctor, Captain Welder and my young Sodalis found it...awsome young man."
Jeffry said in a wry tone of voice.

"A body sculpted out of smoky blue mist, with it's face being pressed into said mist to give an inverted face." he said in an almost trance-like voice as he drew just that. A blue misty figure began to form on the page with the features that Master Morgan had described. Bubbling smoke slowly forming into a human-like shape and staring menacingly at whoever was looking the the picture.

"And lastly bony fingers protruding out of its smokey arms, each tipped with dark blue claws. This guy certainly sounds sinister." he commented as he added the last touches onto the drawing and flipped it around to show the old heremtic. "How's this?"

Jeffry regarded the drawing closely and nodded.
"Yes that would be about it, thank you young man."
He said and nodded.
"It is an elemental...air, probably affect or supress the inteligence of the victim and control their minds."
He added and frowned.
"Can you do me another favor young man, bring this to Master Steelhaven and see what he knows about this spirit?"
Jeffry requested.

"Well, we're going to have to turn this over to someone in the meantime, probably best for it to be them. Maybe someone can keep a watch on the room..." They were spread pretty thin but perhaps one of their spirit friends could help.

"I will summon a guardian to watch over Captain Welder, as for your Cabalmate, if he is stable he will need to rest so we might want to take him with us to the chapel."
Your Mentor said.

"We think he will be okay now, we still need to find a blood donor though. He is much better than before and we think we've expelled the spirit but we're cautious. Why don't you tell me the prayer. I might know it but it's been a while."

"I am O plus...I am injured but my mind is hurt more than my body."
Captain Welder offered softly.
"I ehm...okey."
She whispered then she started parying in Latin, praying for strength to face the darkness.

"I hazard to say the Verbena may have already lost some blood; you said you were A minus right?" he said to Nicole, for confirmation. "But you had a transfusion...is that a problem, doctors?" he asked them. He nodded a bit at Richard. "Yeah, I doubt you'd want me to walk around with your blood on me. Thanks." While Serge and his pater discussed the spirit, he went to wash off his hands and any other blood on him.

"Usually you would want a longer waiting period to make sure the transfusion did not cause any issue or illnesses as well as if she was injured enough to need a transfusion under normal circumstances I would recomend waiting for at least a year, as for the situation we are in right now though...no it should not be a problem, not if the miss is in good health."
Dr Wong said.

You got to Richard's bathroom, it was very clean, the walls where light blue tiles, the floor dark gray tiles, dark blue tovels hung neatly on wooden racks, a tovel cabinet stood in one corner, other than there there wasa toilet, a dark blue porcelain sink and a shover with a dark blue with white cat siluettes shower curtain. You got yourself washed up and then Richard's spotless bathroom was not so spotless anymore.

"Then it would help if you are willing to donate, I have created some blood for him, but natural blood is better for the body."
Dr Wong said.
"But it is up to yo Miss."

(OOC: Adley gave Nicole the flye swatter in the Labyrinth. The spirit glasses will work a little bit longer.)

Colin nodded, "The best practical solution is a compromise, though - a bit of both. It has worked well in much of Europe for longer than the USA has been a nation."

"I am not so sure Mentor, there are a moral dilemma to have a so called democrazy and yet not elect the head of state but have one family be more elevated than everyone else, and beside in Europe are not royalty there just expensive remnants of the past and wave at children on special days and have an extreme hat budget?"
Anna protested.

He nodded, "True enough. We will win, or die. They have other options. Let us see what the outcome will be."

The old Guernicus gave a grim nod at that.
"We will see when the fight is done."
She agreed.

He grimaced at the infernal stinging - and shifted his aim from the partly disabled HIT-Mark to the one on fire, and sent a round at its optics, "Listen to Master Adimari, Sweetie - there is no overkill, only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'. Better safe than sorry."

Anna nodded her hands flashed new hand movements as she prepared a new spell, just to be sure.
"Are you okey Mentor?"
She asked as she worked.

You aimed at the burning HIT-Mark and hit it right in the optics, there was a metallic sound as the bullet hit the cyborg and the sound of something breaking and the machine went down, it was still alive but badly injured, it fired of a bullet but he just hit the brick wall of the nearby building it had either corrdination or sight anymore and it made these sore, metallic sounds between repeating the phrase.
"Calling...Control...error...central processor damaged...calling Control...error..."
There was another metallic sound folling a gunshot as Rodger aimed at the Cyborg's other eye and put it out of it's misary and the HIT Mark just sort of curled up and was still. That left two mages down and retrained, two dead HIT Marks and one disabeled cybord just wandering around aimplessly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:09 am

"I am sure our Doctor, Captain Welder and my young Sodalis found it...awsome young man."
Jeffry said in a wry tone of voice.
Jeffry regarded the drawing closely and nodded.
"Yes that would be about it, thank you young man."
He said and nodded.
"It is an elemental...air, probably affect or supress the inteligence of the victim and control their minds."
He added and frowned.
"Can you do me another favor young man, bring this to Master Steelhaven and see what he knows about this spirit?"
Jeffry requested.

"That's one freaky looking air elemental." Serge commented as he looked over his drawing once again, adding small touches here and there to ensure that it was perfect.

"I can bring it to Master Steelhaven. Do you know where he is right now? I still haven't explored this place fully and don't know where everything is yet." Serge said a little nervous at the prospect of meeting with the founder of the chantry.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:25 am

"That's one freaky looking air elemental." Serge commented as he looked over his drawing once again, adding small touches here and there to ensure that it was perfect.

"Yes while I might have chosen those words exactly young man, but yes you are quite right."
Jeffry said wryly.

"I can bring it to Master Steelhaven. Do you know where he is right now? I still haven't explored this place fully and don't know where everything is yet." Serge said a little nervous at the prospect of meeting with the founder of the chantry.

"Right down at the end of the hallway and to the left."
The Security Chief said.
"Thank you young man that would be helpful and stay alert until we have made sure the danger is over."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:14 am

[Boston, 6:30 PM]
"I am not so sure Mentor, there are a moral dilemma to have a so called democrazy and yet not elect the head of state but have one family be more elevated than everyone else, and beside in Europe are not royalty there just expensive remnants of the past and wave at children on special days and have an extreme hat budget?"
Anna protested.
Colin smiled, "There are... a few finer points to it than that, but you're not exactly wrong... But, later."

Anna nodded her hands flashed new hand movements as she prepared a new spell, just to be sure.
"Are you okey Mentor?"
She asked as she worked.
He glanced down at his arm, "I think it just nicked my arm... but it was a Primium round, so healing the would will be a little trickier than usual."

You aimed at the burning HIT-Mark and hit it right in the optics, there was a metallic sound as the bullet hit the cyborg and the sound of something breaking and the machine went down, it was still alive but badly injured, it fired of a bullet but he just hit the brick wall of the nearby building it had either corrdination or sight anymore and it made these sore, metallic sounds between repeating the phrase.
"Calling...Control...error...central processor damaged...calling Control...error..."
There was another metallic sound folling a gunshot as Rodger aimed at the Cyborg's other eye and put it out of it's misary and the HIT Mark just sort of curled up and was still. That left two mages down and retrained, two dead HIT Marks and one disabeled cybord just wandering around aimplessly.
He glanced from the HIT-Marks to the two captives, then grunted softly and fished out his phone, calling Narim as he addressed Rodger, "I'm calling for prisoner retrieval. How is your leg?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 am

Colin smiled, "There are... a few finer points to it than that, but you're not exactly wrong... But, later."

"Ok Mentor we can discuss it Later."
Anna said and sigh.

He glanced down at his arm, "I think it just nicked my arm... but it was a Primium round, so healing the would will be a little trickier than usual."

Your arm was bleeding a bit but nothing to bad, it felt like a nasty cut and little more so the only problem would really be if it got infected.
"That is good Mentor if you are sure you are okey."
Anna said. Udella replied.
"A small injury caused by Primium are harder to heal but it can be done by a skilled healer."

He glanced from the HIT-Marks to the two captives, then grunted softly and fished out his phone, calling Narim as he addressed Rodger, "I'm calling for prisoner retrieval. How is your leg?"

"Not to bad it is not bleeding to much but it will need to get looked at my good man."
Rodger said and he grimaced as he got a hankerchief and pressed it against the wound.

Narim quickly answered.
"Yes Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
The Virtual Adept Master asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am

[Boston, 6:30]
Your arm was bleeding a bit but nothing to bad, it felt like a nasty cut and little more so the only problem would really be if it got infected.
"That is good Mentor if you are sure you are okey."
Anna said. Udella replied.
"A small injury caused by Primium are harder to heal but it can be done by a skilled healer."
Colin nodded, "It stings, but I think two or three stitches and a dab of antiseptic will be all I need... Still, best have our in-house physician look at it when we get back."

"Not to bad it is not bleeding to much but it will need to get looked at my good man."
Rodger said and he grimaced as he got a hankerchief and pressed it against the wound.
He nodded and glanced back at Anna, "We'll all get checked out. And I'm proud of you, sweetie; your quick reactions helped us greatly - I was not aware the dart was made of Primium; at the very least, the needle cannot have broken off."

Narim quickly answered.
"Yes Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
The Virtual Adept Master asked.
He let out a slightly relieved sigh, "We were just attempted ambushed by a couple of upstanding citizens with three stolen HIT-Marks. Not a big problem for us, but we did suffer a couple of minor injuries, and we have two captives. Could you bring six people and a car to the garage, and have a couple of doses of the bloody serum sent down to pacify the prisoners? Oh, and let the Chief know, unless he's busy with the issue I warned him about in the doctor's room."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 pm

"I will summon a guardian to watch over Captain Welder, as for your Cabalmate, if he is stable he will need to rest so we might want to take him with us to the chapel." Your Mentor said.

"Alright. If someone can fetch the stuff downstairs then we can take him up with us."

'I... can't remember.' Nicole admitted, giving a little shrug.

"I'm pretty sure I gave it to you when you left our group. Ah well," he said with a bit of a frown. He couldn't remember too clearly either, but he /thought/ he gave it to her...because of spirits...being tired as we was, he couldn't focus enough to bring up the memory clearly.

"I am O plus...I am injured but my mind is hurt more than my body." Captain Welder offered softly.
"I ehm...okey."
She whispered then she started parying in Latin, praying for strength to face the darkness.

"I'm sorry this happened, we're going to get a spirit guardian on the door and that should help keep an eye on things," he said. Then he let her pray, since it seemed to help.

He nodded, not asking 'what training' since it wasn't relevant at the moment.

"Usually you would want a longer waiting period to make sure the transfusion did not cause any issue or illnesses as well as if she was injured enough to need a transfusion under normal circumstances I would recomend waiting for at least a year, as for the situation we are in right now though...no it should not be a problem, not if the miss is in good health."
"Then it would help if you are willing to donate, I have created some blood for him, but natural blood is better for the body." Dr Wong said. "But it is up to yo Miss."

He looked up at Nicole. "Assuming you're healthy, would you please donate some blood to my cabalmate?"

You got to Richard's bathroom, it was very clean, the walls where light blue tiles, the floor dark gray tiles, dark blue tovels hung neatly on wooden racks, a tovel cabinet stood in one corner, other than there there wasa toilet, a dark blue porcelain sink and a shover with a dark blue with white cat siluettes shower curtain. You got yourself washed up and then Richard's spotless bathroom was not so spotless anymore.

Well, it was better than walking around bloody - at least all of his blood was in his own apartment though he tried not to leave a huge mess behind. He was exhausted though and any further spells to clean up he thought might push him over the edge, unfortunately. He collected up the towel he used and put it in the sink where it could be taken care of later and walked out of the room. He was so tired he was feeling off, almost as if he was in a dream or slightly enebriated and he stared around the room to see what was going on in his absence.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next