Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime planning thread.

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

Downtime planning thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: Downtime planning thread.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am

I will edit my reply then.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Well then ladies and gentlemen we are at page 39 in the IC thread and I don't think the forum will allow for a 40th page so we have to start finishing up the thread and I will begin the new story in the next thread.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Right you are.
Assuming Colin's got a decent business arrangement with the old Garou lapidarist?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 pm

That's fine with me; as long as we can wrap up the attack by then...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Colin probably can did you want to do that scene IC or just do it in the background?

I think we can as Livington is now dead all they need is get his ashes. We can wait with any reactions from vampire society until after the downtime.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Background is fine, so long as I know the outcome. Very Happy
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:25 pm

That works I can add it to the start of the next thread.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:56 pm

I can wind down both of Nicole's scenes with ease. Perhaps you could do two 'wrap-ups', #1 being what we've done IC and then any things the PC's do before the new 'quest arc' [late Nov, right?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Basically I will write up a short this is what have happened in the downtime and a regular short summary of the last thread. I am not sure if I will have time to do more than that however if any of you want to do a write up of what your characters have done in the downtime feel free.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 pm

I have started the new thread so that as we get done with scenes we can start using it, and I will write up a summary of our current thread once we are done with it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 pm

This might seem a stupid newbie question... but what does Quintessence actually do? Just that so far, I don't think Nick's spent any on anything...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Short version: If you have Prime and a dot or two in Avatar, you can channel Quintessence into a spell for boost the effect or lower the difficulty of the Arete roll.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Nicole wrote:This might seem a stupid newbie question... but what does Quintessence actually do? Just that so far, I don't think Nick's spent any on anything...
Warpmind wrote:Short version: If you have Prime and a dot or two in Avatar, you can channel Quintessence into a spell for boost the effect or lower the difficulty of the Arete roll.

It's a mage's 'magickal energy' that they can use to fuel their spells. Mages like Nicole treat it differently but it's used in similar ways.

I don't believe you need the prime sphere to lower the difficulty of your spells. Anyone can do as long as they have the quintessense. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You can spend up to your Avatar rating in quintessence to lower the difficulty of an arete roll by the same amount. If Serge wanted to teleport away from a mage pursuer the difficulty would normally be 7 (3+4 for vulgar w/o witnesses). If he channels 3 points of quintessence into the spell the difficulty would then be 4.

With the Prime sphere the list of what you can do with quintessence increases quite a bit.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 pm

but what does Quintessence actually do? Just that so far, I don't think Nick's spent any on anything...

M20 rules for Wonders and uses for Prime are a bit cleaner and easier to understand than previous editions, but it's in a few sections of the book - most of the rules are elaborated starting on page 651 for Wonders and then in the sections on Prime, for the rest (520) - because we've got 2e rules in use too, it would be good if Anja could check over these just to be sure (the rules in Dragon's Fire to craft were confusing as hell lol) -

Storing Quint: To get quintessence into your avatar, you can channel it up to your avatar rating passively if you are near a node. Anyone can do this. But to channel it above your avatar rating, you need prime 1 IIRC. Prime 2 lets you move around quintessence in other ways - to rip it out of other patterns to use it for quintessence, ie, Using Heart's blood to turn your body into Quint, making a Matrix (see below), Tass, or at Master levels, making Soulflowers.

Feeding ephemera:  Spirits can 'eat' quintessence energy and this can be used to make deals or pacts with them, this is also how one feeds the spirits in their familiars

Lowering spell difficulties: You can use quintessence to lower the difficulties of spells up to the overall max of -3 modifiers.  

Magick Items: You can use quintessence to use/activate and make magick items and infuse people with magickal properties and strengthen them (Wonders) both temporarily and permanently and to build items essentially (with other spheres together when appropriate). Prime 2 to make a temporarily enchanted item (these can be used against spirits and also may hurt other supernatural beings and gives an overall +1 agg damage, kind of like a keen edge spell). Prime used in attack maneuver rotes with Prime also can cause more damage in the same way. Prime 2 can also make things more 'real' or solid, making them harder to break. Unweaving an item would take longer. Prime 3 plus Life 2 can consecrate a person, also.  Temporary devices and talismans require Prime 3 to make.

Prime 4 is used to permanent enchanted objects (in conjunction with other spheres such as life and matter to attach cybernetic implants, also (Prime 4 is used to craft permanent wonders, which implants count as being permanent). To make a new Wonder, it costs 5 quinetessence points for each dot of effect it creates and for Devices and Talismans, each time the crafter makes a crafting roll, it also takes one quintessence on top of that - making stuff is expensive.

The main types of Wonders are:

Talisman - P4, plus whatever is appropriate to make the item's effects (Tradition) - has it's own Arete trait that is rolled.
Trinket - P2 (consecration) or whatever is appropriate to make the item, simple things like sharper knives, stronger clothing, etc
Device - P4, plus whatever is appropriate to make the item and it's effects (Technocratic) - has its own Enlightenment trait that is rolled.
Periapt/Matrix - Matter 5 (unliving), Life 5 plus whatever is appropriate to make the item's effects - basically these are quintessence batteries. For every point of them, they store five quint. Using and refuelling them requires prime 2.
Fetish - a spirit is bound to a fetish, making one can use spirit 4 (slumbering spirit) or Prime 4 (willing spirit)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Thank you for that write up Strife give yourself one free exp for it.

The only different is that we run with an earlier rule that you can use Quint up until your Avatar rating rather than your Avatar rating but maxed at three, that seam more fair for those who have spent allot in Avatar, so for example Adley who have 4 in Avatar rating can use 4 drams of Quintessence each round.

Nicole will probably see Quintessence as Ether.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Oh that's right, I forgot we said that - also we can use tass without knowing Prime 3, iirc you just can't /make/ tass?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Yes, you can use what is in your system from Prime 1, use Tass from 2 and make it from 3.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 am

Are everyone done with thread 31 then so I can go ahead with a quick summary and end the thread?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 am

I dumped my last reply into the new thread, so that there would be room for the summary. Nothing critical in it though.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am

Ok that works. I will try to get the summary done today then.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm

It seams I will have to try to do the summary for the last thread tomorrow instead. I tried to get allot done today, making some Christmas presents, getting some things done, getting the summary completed but then I just ran out of energy, it happens.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm all done with IC 31. She's trying to end the conversation/argument with the Chief regarding honour due to her thinking it's a waste of time/they've got to get on with the attack, and from the looks of it her "skills" are no longer needed. She's also pretty much exhausted all topics with her Uncle.

I'm assuming Nicole's now on Bianca's shit-list regarding vaccinations...

Oh, and did they add the BMW to the chantry's car pool successfully? New plates, new VIN, a respray and service...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 am

I'm all done with IC 31. She's trying to end the conversation/argument with the Chief regarding honour due to her thinking it's a waste of time/they've got to get on with the attack, and from the looks of it her "skills" are no longer needed. She's also pretty much exhausted all topics with her Uncle.

Then we can take it there. I will get to that summary yesterday was just busy and today is as well but I will get at it as soon as possible, there is always allot to do before Christmas.

I'm assuming Nicole's now on Bianca's shit-list regarding vaccinations...

Yes and no. Bianca distrust the drugs and do not like Nicole getting the Chantry a means to provide vaccinations even to those hesitant about needles, on the other hand that hyperspray saved her from getting poked when she lost the debate as then she could use that which she is thankful of.

Oh, and did they add the BMW to the chantry's car pool successfully? New plates, new VIN, a respray and service...

Yes all of that is taken care of so now they have the Subaru and the BMW as communal cars.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 am

I have mentioned that Martha Cunningham where executed, kindly, with poison tea as earlier discussed, but I was thinking that I should make a post about that to let you guys get a word in on that as well as she can be perhaps talked into witnessing before the court, The problem off course being she is a Gilgulled mage she is deteriorating fast and if she is to be kept alive someone will have to serve as her caretaker. So are we keeping her dead or am I changing that line and she will be kept alive until she can perhaps stand before a Tribunal and give witness if she is in any condition to do so at that time?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 am

Well, it would be kind of cruel to have her kept alive and "artificially" conscious for so long - and Serge did manage to get her sworn testimony, didn't he?

Colin's not going to object to letting her go, once that testimony is signed and witnessed.

Shit, and I forgot - how'd things go with Gloria Ceris? We didn't manage to "accidentally" lose her in the battle. :/
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next