Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime planning thread.

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Downtime planning thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: Downtime planning thread.

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 pm

As I said above: I don't assume. I've been burned too many times by doing that in games. This is your world, nothing exists unless you spell it out. [Which is why I like things to be spelt out...]. I did not know there even was a description of it when I originally mentioned it this morning; my original 'proposal' was done on a false premise [that one did not exist]. Naturally, I chose the system I use because I think it's the best one [well, otherwise I wouldn't do it...].

*banks tasty tasty XP* thanks!

Strife: That was all I was asking for: the key to be below the map it is related to. Thanks.

Yes, writing all the descriptions would take ages - I know that well. If it was to be done [please, note the italics!] it can be 'broken up' that as a description of a new room is mentioned in an IC thread, it's added to the 'description post' [or whatever].

On a tiny point: who's the unlucky people in the two apartments on each floor [01/02] which appear to lack windows? *smirks*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:03 pm

I have no problem writing about the communal places at the Chantry and make a small description for each, what I was protesting was the claim that I do not describe things when I write IC posts, which I have tried to do for all locations. But when I get the time I can describe the communal areas and how they look. Off course if I am writing a one an a half hour post I at times have to shorten things a bit due to time constraints but I try to give descriptions of every character or location though I do not do it every time someone walk into a location that have been mentioned many times or a well known character, people know what Jeffry looks like for example so I do feel I can say Jeffry walks towards you rather than a tall man of around 40 of Arabic origin, with graying dark brown hair and intense dark eyes walks towards you. He have a look about him as a man used to getting it his way, his nose is large and hook shaped an his lips are thin, his skin is copper brown. His shoulder length hair is pulled into a ponytail. The man is wearing a simple white tshirt and washed out blue jeans, practical clothes for a practical man, scars can be seen on his exposed arms, scars from many battles through a long life. I have written his description so many time I do not feel like I need to do a full one every scene he is in, everyone knows what Jeffry Morgan looks like.

XP is always tasty.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Not everything needs to be spelt out until it becomes relevant, otherwise it can be a drain, and lead to being overextended when it comes to the active parts of the game. If you find descriptions for rooms during game time, you can add them to the map thread yourself as it's own post (not into the one I put all the maps into, obviously).

As for the windows, it's entirely possible that due to the limits in the Lot sizes in Sims 4 I could not get a bigger lot to make it the perfect size to make them rows across fit all the rooms. I used template ideas from nunneries and boarding schools as a base idea, which would have rooms and offices set up not too differently. Room 03 is Bee's room, the rest haven't been assigned yet that I know.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm

I've never claimed that you've not written descriptions of places/people as and when required, Great One; I was merely asking about either the places a) were described before Nicole entered play and b) the places which might have never been described.

Thing is [as you might tell by now] that I like to work off things [such as place descriptions] for flavour comments; I know what the library is like now, and what's more that Nicole would never, ever go in it. Perhaps I'm weird, but I enjoy reading posts like that and imagining them.

With no ulterior motives or anything, I ask the following...

- What's in the 'Hobby Room' in the basement?
- How many free apartments are in the Chantry right now?
- What's in the training room in the attic?
- What's in the big flat room in the attic which appears to be a glorified hall?

Strife: I've played the Sims waaay too much to know how much a pain it is to design buildings with a) efficient use of space and b) usable at the same time. Though don't see how those two apartments could have windows when they're bound all four sides by hallways or a room... [perhaps it's got magic windows?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm

I was more explaining why I had to deviate from the general description of the rooms as was given.which included windows. But I don't really see why they couldn't have magick windows, if they're inside, since that wouldn't provoke paradox unless you took a sleeper in them *shrug* As said, it's again more a function of the limitation of the program I used, sometimes concessions had to be made.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Or they're rooms for Apprentices?

'If you become a true member of the Order you get a room with a window. And if you work really hard and become an Adept, you get a window which looks out on something worth looking at!'

*smirks*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm

More likely a seniority issue, both rank and time living there - newbies get what's available. Similarly, I didn't plan on Dr Lee's double room, which is most easily explained by either a magick pocket room built into where a closet door is, or one of the rooms next to a stairwell (the room could be behind that).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 pm

The places that have been visited have been described but I can make a list.

- What's in the 'Hobby Room' in the basement?

A storage room made into a R&R room, there is an old table tennis table there and a bench and boxes full of glue and baskets and other things that you make things out of, you could play board games there as well unless you do it in the common room.

- How many free apartments are in the Chantry right now?

Five plus one of the smaller apartments in the attic. I think we have counted wrong a few times on the number of apartments.

- What's in the training room in the attic?

It was an open space that where used fo sparring and there are some exercise equipment in some cabinets.

- What's in the big flat room in the attic which appears to be a glorified hall?

Unused space which have now been turned into an infirmary.

There are no specific rooms for apprentices but some of the apartments have a spare bedroom and most of those who have apprentices have been given those so their apprentice can have that room. Older apprentices such as Andrew have their own apartment.

No one get an window that looks out on something worth looking at only more apartment buildings.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Different layout the apartments are the same size but some of them have a little smaller man bedroom and bathroom to allow for a small extra bedroom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 pm

- I can imagine, that unless the seniors of Steelhaven do the big bad "No", there's a bit of jockeying about regarding apartments; that the longer the resident, the 'better' their apartment is [this being subjective; south-facing windows? In a 'quiet' part of the building? One with the second bedroom?] It's always the way when you have communal living space.

Naturally, this means Nicole and Serge will be at the bottom of the pile [at the moment, at least]

- Chances are, the 'corner rooms' [4,11,12 & 18] will be the 'prize ones'; for they'd be able to have windows on two sides. Perhaps they're the larger ones too? One of these might be Dr Lee's.

- Suspect Nicole's apartment would be either L3 or L4. She looks the type who wouldn't complain about all the stairs.

- For the infirmary, sounds like a job for Nicole, her drill and some partition walls [and anybody else who's 'handy']. So the people being treated get some privacy from folk wandering the hallways. [Plus, she'd have to put up partition walls in the garage for the workshop anyway]. But she'll point out; fourth floor, no elevator; not very practical... Might make more sense to put the infirmary in the 'Hobby Room' and move that up to the attic space instead.

- Nicole will be floating the idea of the possibility of the Chantry developing a small gym. Such as sounding out how many people would use it. If asked where it would go, she'd suggest the storage room in the attic.

- An NPC mentioned IC about an armoury. Where is that?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 pm

I put Adley in a corner so he wouldn't bother people as much due to his Flaw, giving him fewer adjacent apartments. He might need to ask for more soundproofing now though anyway, probably.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 am

- I can imagine, that unless the seniors of Steelhaven do the big bad "No", there's a bit of jockeying about regarding apartments; that the longer the resident, the 'better' their apartment is [this being subjective; south-facing windows? In a 'quiet' part of the building? One with the second bedroom?] It's always the way when you have communal living space.

Naturally, this means Nicole and Serge will be at the bottom of the pile [at the moment, at least]

- Chances are, the 'corner rooms' [4,11,12 & 18] will be the 'prize ones'; for they'd be able to have windows on two sides. Perhaps they're the larger ones too? One of these might be Dr Lee's.

- Suspect Nicole's apartment would be either L3 or L4. She looks the type who wouldn't complain about all the stairs.

The Deacons do not care if someone change rooms which is why it was just up to Richard and Colin when the infirmary was built and Richard no longer needed the bigger room so he switched with Colin so he could have a bedroom for his apprentice. We can say the corner rooms are the ones with the extra bedroom that works.

- For the infirmary, sounds like a job for Nicole, her drill and some partition walls [and anybody else who's 'handy']. So the people being treated get some privacy from folk wandering the hallways. [Plus, she'd have to put up partition walls in the garage for the workshop anyway]. But she'll point out; fourth floor, no elevator; not very practical... Might make more sense to put the infirmary in the 'Hobby Room' and move that up to the attic space instead.

It is not practical but they have teleorters and the hobby room is not big enough. I am thinking that putting up panels, painting and generally making the infirmary have been a bit o a communal effort, with the apprentices doing their part by running around with refreshments to the ones who where working.

- Nicole will be floating the idea of the possibility of the Chantry developing a small gym. Such as sounding out how many people would use it. If asked where it would go, she'd suggest the storage room in the attic.

The training room have exercise equipment so that is a gym.

- An NPC mentioned IC about an armoury. Where is that?

Storage room in the basement.

I put Adley in a corner so he wouldn't bother people as much due to his Flaw, giving him fewer adjacent apartments. He might need to ask for more soundproofing now though anyway, probably.

That makes sense.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:24 pm

- How many of the other members of the Chantry are "handy" with manual repairs and stuff? Plus, does it have a caretaker?

- As in 'gym equipment', was thinking more along the line of a bench press, exercise bike etc. The kinds of things too bulky to realistically be in an apartment.

- As Nicole's constructing the workshop, does any body else express a desire to use it? After all, it's a communal one...

- Speaking of which, once the workshop is finished she'll organise with Darrian that Cava will visit and 'just by chance' discover the shell of the kid's bike in the corner. For the kid's 'first project'.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 pm

The Chantry do not have a caretaker everyone pitch in, I have not calculated how many are handy but quite a few are able to do basic repairs and build a shelf, just like in real life.

Nicole can certainly ask if such equipment can be acquired for the exercise room but she will have to make pretty good arguments as the Chantry have spent allot of money on what it have already built out.

Miles and Bruce will probably want to use it, some of the others might have a project now and again where it will come in handy.

Cava will love that. It works for me.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 am

- She won't ask for funds from the Chantry; she'll ask the folk at the Chantry to chip in. That is, the ones who do exercise. A monthly gym membership is $30 a month minimum. If instead they simply put it in a pot, 4 people in a month would have enough cash for [say] a decent used bench press. Repeat as needed until they've got everything. Or run out of space.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am

That works she can put up a notice about it in the common room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Oh, as soon as she next sees Colin alone [after the attack on the vampires], Nicole will ask him to keep 'what those at the junkyard said about me to yourself'.

Speaking of which, what's happened with them? Wasn't one of them on the cusp of Awakening or something?

Checked her 'personal area' too. Only thing which changed was the fact due to Serge's arm-skin, Nicole's more likely to wear tank tops. [Whether folk think this is a good or bad thing is naturally a different thing entirely...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Colin already said he'd conveniently forget it until Nicole decides it needs to be brought up, or unless it becomes a clear and present danger to the Cabal and/or Chantry. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Ah yes the ratkin kids, well it depends a bit on Colin really he said he would try to find the two who showed potential to Awaken teachers, if he have been trying that they chances are they are apprentices now, if not then they are still living in the junkyard, and they will be skeptical about moving out and leaving their friend behind.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Doesn't also depend on who's spending time with them too? As Nicole's 'hired' them to teach her Boston, I can imagine that involves many an hour simply walking to/from places; naturally 'what is Awakened' will be one of the topics which comes up. She'll go out with her coat, which might interest them in the respect it makes her surprisingly stealthy.

So in this respect, it's possible that one might be leaning towards technomancy.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Hum...that is a good idea actually we can have had Nicole have some talks with them and we can say Karin leans towards Technomancy that works.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Yeah, Colin will offer the junkrats to have them assessed for their potential as Mages - but he won't force the issue. If they'll rather watch and wait, and perhaps Awaken on their own rather than abandon their friend, that's fine, too.

And considering where they are, yeah, I could easily see one of them, or both, be inclined to magic involving machinery, though I suppose a Dreamspeaker could be just as viable for a mentor. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Or they might wish to accelerate it; wanting to have the power to a) quit being pushed around and b) help others.

On one of their long walks, Nicole will also ask about Ratkin. Most pressing; the story regarding them 'having a goal' to kill much of humanity.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:38 am

We can perhaps play out one of these walks. For now Mentors have not been found for them but they do want to learn magick to be able to help themselves and help others.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:52 pm

I was wondering something. Would the silver pen that Colin made for Serge count as a personalized or unique instrument? Since it was custom made and has Serge's original design on it?

And if so than does he get a -1 difficulty on arete rolls using it?
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next