Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'In short, a gizmo which takes the organic messages - tendons and nerves - into the synthetic versions in the arm.' Nicole replied, tucking her tank top into her waistband. 'It's the last cramp for seeing good arms and legs out in the wider world.'

"So once the sleepers get how to make those gizmo's then they can make prosthetics like yours for everyone who need it, that is awesome. "
Fran said then she nodded.
"Do you have to have it implanted into your head, in movies such things are always implanted in the head."

'Not to the want of trying.' Nicole quipped, grabbing a sturdy, somewhat shabby leather jacket from a pile and slipping it on. 'Doc thinks the Cryptid's acid had some mojo which blocked healing.

"I see yeah things that block healing can be a bitch, which is why I plan on doing it to our fanged friends at the junkyard."
The Euthanathos said.
"I am glad you made it, loosing an arm like that could easily have killed you."

And you know me enough by now... that I like to do shit. Not simply sit there and do fuck all for weeks on end.' zipping up the jacket. 'Look-' pulling the front of the jacket, showing it had some give '-seriously off my peak.' sounding a little annoyed at this.

"You still have enough muscles for two of me, and I am sure you will get back to your peak soon."
Fran said then she nodded.
"But I get you, just sitting around must have been boring, you could not do anything useful? Yeah that would drive me nuts."

Think that's it.' giving a nod. 'See you downstairs.'

"Yeah see you...."
Fran said as she left your room, her arms full of weapons and ammunition, leaving you alone to get ready.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:47 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'That's the plan; hope is to make it all modular and from off-the-shelf parts so it can be open to almost everyone.' Nicole said, grabbing the webbing and belting it up around her waist. 'No brain surgery needed; that's the line the Union are peddling. Just a black box bit bigger than a packet of smokes. Sure I've told you all this before?' ending with a frown.

[They did; when Nick was staking the vampire prisoner].

Anja's Post:

'Well, I've got a lot more of me to lug about, for starters.' now trying to get the webbing to sit right. 'Plus, fucked up my wardrobe. Either gotta get it back or restock.' the scowl clearly for the fact that as Fran would know, almost all clothing makers didn't think a Nicole-shaped body existed.

'Not really - I like to be active, to do shit with my hands. Couldn't really do that when handless.' giving an annoyed grunt. 'Why the fuck isn't there an [ammo] belt for girls? Damn clips will jab into hips when I move.' this complaint mainly to herself.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:04 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'That's the plan; hope is to make it all modular and from off-the-shelf parts so it can be open to almost everyone.' Nicole said, grabbing the webbing and belting it up around her waist. 'No brain surgery needed; that's the line the Union are peddling. Just a black box bit bigger than a packet of smokes. Sure I've told you all this before?' ending with a frown.

"Hum...yeah now that you mentioned it we talked about it in the Labyrinth...sorry there have been so much going on since then."
Fran said apologetically.
"Well your arm is quite fascinating."
She added.
"That it works so much like a natural arm."
She muttered sounding impressed.

'Well, I've got a lot more of me to lug about, for starters.' now trying to get the webbing to sit right. 'Plus, fucked up my wardrobe. Either gotta get it back or restock.' the scowl clearly for the fact that as Fran would know, almost all clothing makers didn't think a Nicole-shaped body existed.

"Yeah let me know if you need anything else made I will help you out, I can just draw a pattern that fit you."
The Euthanathos offered.
"How are the things I made for you this far working out for you?"

'Not really - I like to be active, to do shit with my hands. Couldn't really do that when handless.' giving an annoyed grunt. 'Why the fuck isn't there an [ammo] belt for girls? Damn clips will jab into hips when I move.' this complaint mainly to herself.

"No I guess that reading and watching TV show marathons would not do it for you."
Fran said with a slight smile.
"Hum tell you what when you what show me how you want an ammo belt to sit when we get back and I will make one, I am not that good with leather but I am sure I can make something suitable and in return perhaps you could have a look at my overlock machine, it have stopped working."
She offered.

(OCC: Yeah oops I remember it now, well Fran could have forgotten as well allot went on with the Nephandi it was a busy few days.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 pm

[Chantry]
Anja's Post:

'No... works better than an organic arm. Doesn't get tired, cold, complain when blades get stuck in it...' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'What, you thought only the Union could make shit like this?' ending with a sigh, apparently giving up on any more webbing adjustments.

Anja's Post:

'Still don't know which way to go, me.' now picking up her pistol and loading it. 'That do I want it and do I have the time to get back there?' hooking up the holster to the webbing and slotting it in. 'And what you did for me is working well; those work trousers mean no more catching on shit or friction rashes.'

Anja's Post:

'Eh, no point 'till I made the decision what shape I want to be.' giving a little shrug as she fished out a worn-looking sawn-down shotgun out of the crate. 'Though I'll take a look at that machine if you want anyways.'

[Overclock machine?]

[No matter about repeating yourself... hey, ST's can't remember *everything*!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:39 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'No... works better than an organic arm. Doesn't get tired, cold, complain when blades get stuck in it...' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'What, you thought only the Union could make shit like this?' ending with a sigh, apparently giving up on any more webbing adjustments.

"I have heard about some Traditionalist Technomancers having cybernetics but I have never met anyone who have them before, and yeah I guess you are right, your arm do work better than an organic arm. What do it feel like having it? Do it feel like part of yourself?"
Fran asked and she scratched her head.

'Still don't know which way to go, me.' now picking up her pistol and loading it. 'That do I want it and do I have the time to get back there?' hooking up the holster to the webbing and slotting it in. 'And what you did for me is working well; those work trousers mean no more catching on shit or friction rashes.'

"Okey let me know when you know what size you want to aim for, and I am glad the clothes work."
The Euthanathos said and she smiled a little.

'Eh, no point 'till I made the decision what shape I want to be.' giving a little shrug as she fished out a worn-looking sawn-down shotgun out of the crate. 'Though I'll take a look at that machine if you want anyways.'

"Very well, you know where my room is so just let me know when you want something made, and yeah that would be great, I have an overlock function on my regular sewing machine but it do not work as well as on the dedicated machine and I can not afford a new one right now."
Fran said and smiled.
"I will bring it over later."

(OOC: It is a type of sewing machine, when making clothing you first cut the fabric into the pieces you want and then you go over the edges with an overlock machine to prevent the edges from fraying, you can also use it to add thread around the edges when making for examples scarves and such. They are notoriously finitely little bastards, one of the tiny moving parts inside of the machines always get stuck or bent or out of position and the whole thing stop working.)

(OOC 2: I try to keep track of things but some things slip my mind.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:45 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"That is a nice thing to do for Deaconess O'Connor."
Kyle said as he took down two large, white mugs from the kitchen cabinet.
"Yeah it is allot of reading but reading can be allot of fun if it is about a interesting topic."

"It's a small thing. Wish I could do more though." Serge said sadly. "After what she did, nothing I could do would be thanks enough."

Anja wrote:"That is true, though my dad makes the best pasta dishes."
Kyle said and he smiled fondly then his eyes went to his PSP and he nodded.
"Yeah, I play on it allot, I know there is the VITA now and this is an older model but I have many games for it and I use it often. I like video games."
The boy said before sipping his cocoa again.

"Mostly play games on my laptop and emulators on my phone." Serge said nodding understandably. "So I basically have too many games and not enough time to play them all. Haven't played many psp games on my phone though. Mostly been gameboy and ds games."

[Serge's Adventure]

Anja wrote:'To read the print.' Nicole replied, giving a smirk.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Serge said waving aside the sarcastic comment. "Guess I've stolen enough of your stuff already. Come on, let's go. Let's see what I can do with your arm.", he then began to exit Nicole's room, expecting the Etherite to do the same.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 pm

[Going to the Library]

"It's a small thing. Wish I could do more though." Serge said sadly. "After what she did, nothing I could do would be thanks enough."

"Yeah she saved your Mentor's life did she not?"
Serge asked and then he nodded.
"I am sure you will make a great picture for her and that she will love it."

"Mostly play games on my laptop and emulators on my phone." Serge said nodding understandably. "So I basically have too many games and not enough time to play them all. Haven't played many psp games on my phone though. Mostly been gameboy and ds games."

"I have a 3DS for DS and 3DS games and I have an old Gameboy Advance it will take both gameboy, gameboy color and advance games so I am covered there. I do use emulators as well though but I think the real games play better than when they are emulated, especially car racing games where you need good reflexes to play them."
Kyle said and nodded.
"You can try it out if you want but I only have one game with me at the moment."
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 pm

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'In short... it means I have to choose. Assume that the news I'm back filters back to 'em, which means if I'm gonna try to build a bridge, have to do it within next week or so.' ending with a sigh.

"Yes, you do have to choose. I will support whatever you decide but within 10 days does seem a practical amount of time, if you wish to try it."

'What about your folks?'

"I don't really like talking about my family from before...but, they think that I am a teacher, which I am. And that I am very busy, which I also am." He frowned a little and looked at Nicole. "I have more or less tried to grow apart from them to keep them from being harmed. In some ways this was not too difficult, as there is a natural tendency to that as you get older, and leave the house and such things...there is no bridge to mend in my case, per se. Their expectations guide what they see when it comes to me, I suppose and I can't afford to correct them where they are wrong now, and even then I did not like to cause problems." He looked away and was quiet a moment and then added, "Mostly, that is what I tried to be as a child - obedient, following the rules, and out of the way of everyone else so that I could do my own thing. There is much I never told them then, and less I can tell them now."

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

"You know..." Serge said speaking up. "I was asked to go through Beatrice's mind to make sure she was alright, after the ritual thing. When I did so, I found nothing that indicated that she was fallen. As I walked through her dreams all I found were the thoughts of a girl who loved to create. Everything seemed normal. I found no trace of corruption or hatred in her heart. Either she was good at hiding it or it laid deeper into her soul after whatever ritual you guys did. Then looking at the strange sand Colin held he said, "But what matter's is that she's fighting. And like Mr. Wainwright said, where there's a will there's a way. We're mages man. Nothing's hopeless and anything is possible. Cheesy saying I know, but it's certainly has some truth to it."

"I was shocked when Bee told us she is a widderslainte, she have always been so kind, perhaps a bit creepy but I mean Verbena are creepy they always have to bleed on all the things, so I thought it was just that." He said then he nodded. "Well we can hope some way to save her will present itself."

"I was furious that I was not told, that I could not make a choice of my own, that I didn't realise it. I didn't want any part of it. After all, I had been told there was no other way to deal with them other than destroying their Fallen avatars. Plus, if I had known, perhaps Bee may not have been...we would have known the wording of the stay and perhaps may have realized it could be exploited, given our mission. But it is too late now for changing those things and since then we have learned a lot, much of it troubling." He sighed and said to Serge," It's not her mind that is corrupted, though it would make sense one follows the other when you are born with an inverted avatar that your mind would be influenced, especially after awakening. The deeper layer of her soul as you say would be that part, the Fallen one. Most people would find what we're saying to be...I suppose, wishful thinking; after all we are not the first mages who have wished it was possible to save someone who is Fallen. And perhaps it is not possible for all of them, but obviously a few of these cases present differences that may give us a way. I think being cautiously hopeful and helping them to fight is worthy, to try to keep her mind that way..."

"No I suspect that many o the captured Nephandi will have a shit time of it at Horizon, there really should be some laws in place to limit the amount of abuse prisoners in Horizon go though."
The Orphan said and frowned.

"In his case, he is an apprentice to a powerful Master of Forces, that I find is often a limiting factor. But you are correct, prisoner abuse reflects poorly on us all, it brings out that which we should control, and comes to no good overall for anyone."

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"Yes that is so I tried to contact him when Master Antonius' condition got worse but he just sent a letter back that he would not be visiting."
The Deaconess said and she frowned.

"So, he is one of Master Antonius's former students, and serves as an aide to the current Primus. Obviously House Tytalus then...yet you haven't said his name, I understand if you do not wish to do so, for some reason. I can probably draw my own conclusions from there Also, I am sorry to hear that Master Antonius is...unwell."

"Because we see what we do as science, and while some of us have the ability to see Ether with our eyes and Dr Hamilton-Smith have developed a rug that will enhance your pineal gland allowing you to see the layers unaided but goggles give us the option to pinpoint frequencies and other details in the Etheric layer."
Madeline explained.

"Hm, I bet they had talks of this very topic, only I was on the other side. Or, pardon, not me, but..."

The Deaoness got tears in her eyes and she had to turn away and wipe at her eyes again.
"He was working on a machine which would neuteralize Resonance in the user for a while, he finished it as well and got his publication in the Paradigma, I was so proud, and yes Dylan would get so busy in his workshop he would forget to eat, but Claire, bless her heart would not have that and she woul make sure her brother took care of himself."
She said and smiled.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks you have given me a great gift, I am glad to hear that he was happy, I hope he lived a good life, before the Nephandi..."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.
"Thank you."

'I will pass on your thanks to my avatar. He was satisfied in his life. Things may have been bad at the end but he was happy and contented to be until then. I do not suppose you have a copy of that magazine article? Or a copy of the paper? If you do not mind, I would like to show my cabalmate, he is interested in making a rote, perhaps it will give him inspiration, if that is acceptable. He is not an Etherite but an Orphan, but he is apt at the convergence of the mystical and mechanical, from what I have seen.' He offered the tablet out again and then sent a feeling of thanks to his avatar. It was good to leave the woman with something else rather than tears, he felt as if he were accidentally haunting her by his presence and stirring bad memories. But at least he could share good ones as well.

// sorry missed your post earlier, Jeremy

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm

"I was furious that I was not told, that I could not make a choice of my own, that I didn't realise it. I didn't want any part of it. After all, I had been told there was no other way to deal with them other than destroying their Fallen avatars. Plus, if I had known, perhaps Bee may not have been...we would have known the wording of the stay and perhaps may have realized it could be exploited, given our mission. But it is too late now for changing those things and since then we have learned a lot, much of it troubling."

Bruce frowned at this.
"Yes I wish we had been told that Bee was a widderslainte from the start, though if we had known, perhaps we had not treated her as well, not befriended her just seen her corrupted Avatar...been afraid of her?"
He said darkly.
"But yeah we should have been told, and we should have kept her away from the villa Node, if only we had known the wording of her stay of execution."

"In his case, he is an apprentice to a powerful Master of Forces, that I find is often a limiting factor. But you are correct, prisoner abuse reflects poorly on us all, it brings out that which we should control, and comes to no good overall for anyone."

"Yeah and I am sure the Chief will protect the kid if he can but even so he will be treated roughly I fear, I hope he will not get to traumatized by the whole thing, I have hardly met Kyle yet but he seams like a sweet kid."
The large man said as he shook his head.

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"So, he is one of Master Antonius's former students, and serves as an aide to the current Primus. Obviously House Tytalus then..

"Well Miss Townsend was a member of House Tytalus so indeed so is her Mentor and yes Master Antonius was his Mentor and he is an aide to the current Primus of Order of Hermes, that is correct."
Madeline sai as she read what you and written and she pointed to the part on the tablet she was replying to.

yet you haven't said his name, I understand if you do not wish to do so, for some reason. I can probably draw my own conclusions from there

"He is Master Eric Trevell Hermes bani Tytalus. I did not withhold his name on purpose i just...the man is trouble Mr Roth Hicks, if you seek him out be most careful."
The Deaconess said with a frown as she again pointed at the part of your words on the tablet she was repaying to.
"Getting involved with that man will only get you hurt Mr Roth Hicks."

Also, I am sorry to hear that Master Antonius is...unwell."

The old Etherite gave a sad smile at the last of your paragraph.
"Thank you, he is a dare friend and it is sad to see his age catching up with him, all we can now is to keep him safe and comfortable during his last years."
She said softly.
"At least his life have been long and good which is more than many are blessed with."

"Hm, I bet they had talks of this very topic, only I was on the other side. Or, pardon, not me, but..."

"Yes they had many long conversations about the differences in their respective Paradigms."
The Deaconess said and she smiled a little.
"You could see them in the cafeteria at times discussing something, they where very close those two siblings where."

'I will pass on your thanks to my avatar. He was satisfied in his life. Things may have been bad at the end but he was happy and contented to be until then. I do not suppose you have a copy of that magazine article? Or a copy of the paper? If you do not mind, I would like to show my cabalmate, he is interested in making a rote, perhaps it will give him inspiration, if that is acceptable. He is not an Etherite but an Orphan, but he is apt at the convergence of the mystical and mechanical, from what I have seen.' He offered the tablet out again and then sent a feeling of thanks to his avatar. It was good to leave the woman with something else rather than tears, he felt as if he were accidentally haunting her by his presence and stirring bad memories. But at least he could share good ones as well.

"I appreciate that Mr Roth Hicks and I am glad that Dylan was happy here, that he had a good life, he gave me much meaning with mine."
Madeline said then she nodded and stood she went to one of her shelves, one who had a neat row o hundreds of magazines she searched for a moment and found a long one, it looked like it had been printed in the 1940's then she went to her copy machine and copied several of the pages before putting the magazine back in place carefully and handing you the copies, the title was.
"Resonance Nullification though Ether Harmonics by Dylan Thomsend."
The Deaconess smiled a little.
"He was so proud when that article was posted, we went out to celebrate at the best restaurant in town I have never seen him smile so much, his machine worked and he gained recognition from our society. Claire where so proud of her brother as well, the day that article was published was a good day, a very good day."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:02 pm

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"He is Master Eric Trevell Hermes bani Tytalus. I did not withhold his name on purpose i just...the man is trouble Mr Roth Hicks, if you seek him out be most careful."
The Deaconess said with a frown as she again pointed at the part of your words on the tablet she was repaying to.
"Getting involved with that man will only get you hurt Mr Roth Hicks."

'May I ask why you feel this way, ma'am?

The old Etherite gave a sad smile at the last of your paragraph. "Thank you, he is a dare friend and it is sad to see his age catching up with him, all we can now is to keep him safe and comfortable during his last years." She said softly. "At least his life have been long and good which is more than many are blessed with."

He nodded.

"I appreciate that Mr Roth Hicks and I am glad that Dylan was happy here, that he had a good life, he gave me much meaning with mine." Madeline said then she nodded and stood she went to one of her shelves, one who had a neat row o hundreds of magazines she searched for a moment and found a long one, it looked like it had been printed in the 1940's then she went to her copy machine and copied several of the pages before putting the magazine back in place carefully and handing you the copies, the title was.
"Resonance Nullification though Ether Harmonics by Dylan Thomsend."
The Deaconess smiled a little.
"He was so proud when that article was posted, we went out to celebrate at the best restaurant in town I have never seen him smile so much, his machine worked and he gained recognition from our society. Claire where so proud of her brother as well, the day that article was published was a good day, a very good day."

"Thank you," he said, taking the copies. He skimmed the title, and the first paragraph and then put them in his bag so that he could take them home. "Ether harmonics..." he muttered to himself. "Well, please do keep in touch, ma'am and let me know how things progress. It seems we shall see one another again soon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 pm

[Chicago, Rose's office]

'May I ask why you feel this way, ma'am?

The Deaconess hesitated then she said.
"Master Trevell is a cruel man, he value power over everything and are willing to do whatever it takes to get more of it. If he had not been a student of Master Antonius he would not have been tolerated at Morningstar."
She said simply and her mouth twisted as if she had eaten something sour.

"Thank you," he said, taking the copies. He skimmed the title, and the first paragraph and then put them in his bag so that he could take them home. "Ether harmonics..." he muttered to himself. "Well, please do keep in touch, ma'am and let me know how things progress. It seems we shall see one another again soon."

The first paragraph said:

"Resonance it is hard to say for sure what this substance is, some say it is an energy that affect the willworker as he affect reality, like a tuning fork taking on the harmony and vibration of sound around it, which it in turn affect, other claim it to be a mental effect, a habit built in the vary mind of the willworker, others again as harmonics within the Ether, whatever this force may be, it's effect good or bane or the outcome of any experiment or project is well known, how how many have wished there where away to negate the effect of Resonance when the need was for clarity. I am happy to announce then ladies and gentlemen that if you but give me some of your time to read this article that I might have a answer to that age old wish. I present to you the Resonance Harmonizer 20, a marvel of science and a restorer of sanity..."

Madeline nodded at that.
"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks, and please take care of yourself and bring my well wishes to your Chantrymates who you arrived here with last."
She said then she stood.
"Is there anything more I can do for you then?"
She asked politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:45 pm

"Master Trevell is a cruel man, he value power over everything and are willing to do whatever it takes to get more of it. If he had not been a student of Master Antonius he would not have been tolerated at Morningstar." She said simply and her mouth twisted as if she had eaten something sour.

"Ah....well, then." He frowned a little.

"Resonance it is hard to say for sure what this substance is, some say it is an energy that affect the willworker as he affect reality, like a tuning fork taking on the harmony and vibration of sound around it, which it in turn affect, other claim it to be a mental effect, a habit built in the vary mind of the willworker, others again as harmonics within the Ether, whatever this force may be, it's effect good or bane or the outcome of any experiment or project is well known, how how many have wished there where away to negate the effect of Resonance when the need was for clarity. I am happy to announce then ladies and gentlemen that if you but give me some of your time to read this article that I might have a answer to that age old wish. I present to you the Resonance Harmonizer 20, a marvel of science and a restorer of sanity..."

"Very interesting..." he said to himself, obviously curious and wanting to read the rest of the paper soon.

Madeline nodded at that.
"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks, and please take care of yourself and bring my well wishes to your Chantrymates who you arrived here with last."
She said then she stood.
"Is there anything more I can do for you then?"
She asked politely.

"No, ma'am you have been very kind. Thank you for your hospitality, I hope you have a good evening and I will pass on your well-wishes when I return." He cleared off the tablet and then put it away with his other things and stood up as well. "I should be going, there are a few more things to take care of and the hour grows later, not that I have not appreciated your time and company, of course." He nodded to her and waited until she let him out.

Once he had exited the room, he found himself able to breathe a bit bitter. As if a weight had been lifted that he hadn't been aware of - he'd been concerned how she would react to what had happened, for she would have good reason to be upset, even angry, alongside her grief. But in it's place a new thought occurred regarding Claire's mentor; something had happened that had led them to being captured, there were still many pieces missing to that story that were worrying. He shook his head and headed over to Chief Joaquim's office, to see if he were there. It would only be right to say hello and also he wanted to pick up the offering he'd left with him to give to the spirit Brothers, so he could make the offering before he left.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"Ah....well, then." He frowned a little.

The Deaconess said nothing more about it but she did frown as well.

"Very interesting..." he said to himself, obviously curious and wanting to read the rest of the paper soon.

"I hope your Cabalmate will find use of the article Mr Roth Hicks."
The Deaconess said with a slight smile.
"Dylan would like it if his hard work was applied, he would like that very much."

"No, ma'am you have been very kind. Thank you for your hospitality, I hope you have a good evening and I will pass on your well-wishes when I return." He cleared off the tablet and then put it away with his other things and stood up as well. "I should be going, there are a few more things to take care of and the hour grows later, not that I have not appreciated your time and company, of course." He nodded to her and waited until she let him out.

"I was the one who benefited most Mr Roth Hicks, your words about my son have given me great comfort."
The Deaconess said as she walked you to the door of her office.
"You have a plesant evening now, and you are always welcome here at Chantry Morningstar young man."
She added as she saw you out.

Once he had exited the room, he found himself able to breathe a bit bitter. As if a weight had been lifted that he hadn't been aware of - he'd been concerned how she would react to what had happened, for she would have good reason to be upset, even angry, alongside her grief. But in it's place a new thought occurred regarding Claire's mentor; something had happened that had led them to being captured, there were still many pieces missing to that story that were worrying. He shook his head and headed over to Chief Joaquim's office, to see if he were there. It would only be right to say hello and also he wanted to pick up the offering he'd left with him to give to the spirit Brothers, so he could make the offering before he left.

You got to the Chief's office, his youngest apprentice, Thomas opened the door when you knocked, the young hedge wizard bowed when he saw you and then looked up at you with his sad eyes.
"Are you here to see my teacher Sir?"
The boy asked. You saw that Joakim where sitting behind his desk, there where several open books on the esk, perhaps the old hedge wizard had been in the middle of a lesson for his young student.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"I hope your Cabalmate will find use of the article Mr Roth Hicks."
The Deaconess said with a slight smile.
"Dylan would like it if his hard work was applied, he would like that very much."

"I think so as well, but did no one ever follow up on it?" he asked.

I was the one who benefited most Mr Roth Hicks, your words about my son have given me great comfort."
The Deaconess said as she walked you to the door of her office.
"You have a plesant evening now, and you are always welcome here at Chantry Morningstar young man."
She added as she saw you out.

"I am glad that we could do so then, there is no reason to thank us. I am happy to know I am welcome here."

[Chicago, Joakim's office]

You got to the Chief's office, his youngest apprentice, Thomas opened the door when you knocked, the young hedge wizard bowed when he saw you and then looked up at you with his sad eyes.
"Are you here to see my teacher Sir?"
The boy asked. You saw that Joakim where sitting behind his desk, there where several open books on the desk, perhaps the old hedge wizard had been in the middle of a lesson for his young student.

"I am, I apologize for the interruption. I hope you are doing well. Is this a bad time?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:37 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:Bruce nodded.
"I was shocked when Bee told us she is a widderslainte, she have always been so kind, perhaps a bit creepy but I mean Verbena are creepy they always have to bleed on all the things, so I thought it was just that."
He said then he nodded.
"Well we can hope some way to save her will present itself."
Adley wrote: It's not her mind that is corrupted, though it would make sense one follows the other when you are born with an inverted avatar that your mind would be influenced, especially after awakening. The deeper layer of her soul as you say would be that part, the Fallen one. Most people would find what we're saying to be...I suppose, wishful thinking; after all we are not the first mages who have wished it was possible to save someone who is Fallen. And perhaps it is not possible for all of them, but obviously a few of these cases present differences that may give us a way. I think being cautiously hopeful and helping them to fight is worthy, to try to keep her mind that way..."

"Mind, Soul and Body are all interconnected. When one is effected you see ripples of it everywhere else." Serge said with a nod. "Adley's right though. Better to have a little bit of hope rather than give up entirely. Every single attempt brings something new and who know? You guys might be the ones to finally do it."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah she saved your Mentor's life did she not?"
Serge asked and then he nodded.
"I am sure you will make a great picture for her and that she will love it."

"Yeah...she did." Serge said leaning back in his chair and staring directly at Kyle's ceiling as if looking into the attic where his mentor was currently resting.

"Well let's hope she likes it." Serge said pulling out his sketchbook from the stack of books and having it next to him with a penciled hand at the ready. He began to read the Fae book more carefully, focusing on physical descriptions of the mysterious creatures and trying to envision them in his own mind. His hand slowly moved next to him, recreating his imagination onto the page next to him.

Anja wrote:"I have a 3DS for DS and 3DS games and I have an old Gameboy Advance it will take both gameboy, gameboy color and advance games so I am covered there. I do use emulators as well though but I think the real games play better than when they are emulated, especially car racing games where you need good reflexes to play them."
Kyle said and nodded.

"I'm an emulator guy all the way. I can't live without savestates now." Serge said with a smile. "Plus I'm poor now and even back then I could never imagine asking my parents for a new game or game system every couple of years. So I made do with what I had."

Anja wrote:"You can try it out if you want but I only have one game with me at the moment."
He offered.

"That'd be awesome, Thanks! What game is it?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:58 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Like... a local anaesthetic. Know where it is, what it's doing - but no feelings.' Nicole replied, after a short pause. 'Doesn't feel "a part of me", mainly 'cos I have other arm to remind me what it should be like. But doesn't bother me much anymore.'

Anja's Post:

A nod to this.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Speaking of stealing...' the large woman quipped, reaching forward and grabbing Serge by the coat collar as he tried to leave. 'Nice try, but off...'

[End Scene?]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'That's the thing... my folks ain't like that... much more the old-school "everyone knows your business" small-town shit you see in old movies.' Nicole replied. 'Suppose that's what you get when the furthest away anyone ever moved to was Warwick. Thought everyone lived like that, me; having relatives dotted around town, everyone being a nosy bastard...' shaking her head.

'Fucking hated it at the time. But now, can see they also looked out for each other. Y'know, the "close ranks against Outsiders" and shit.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:09 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"I know this is from my perspective, but there is a subtle difference between destruction or the usual entropy that we experience naturally and the utter annhilation that the Nephandi seem to want and that their magick employs. I have books on the subject and we can talk more of course."
Colin nodded, "Later, then. And I think the difference is rather far from subtle, more like the difference between switching from fourth to fifth gear, and from fifth gear to reverse..."

S7trif3 wrote:He watched as Colin held up the vial.
Anja wrote:"Sand? What is it from and how is it proof that an Avatar can cleanse itself?"
Bruce asked as he looked at the little vial of sand with curiosity.
"Me no, I have not worked with glass but it is one of Nico's specialties, you should see some of the things they create they are amazing."
He smiled, "The sand is excretions from an Avatar as it slowly cleanses itself - so innocuous in appearance, but anathema to the Fallen, as it is a physical manifestation of the reversal of the Caul's work... I have no idea how many possible applications it might have, but the merest touch can induce remarkably powerful memories. For a normal Mage, pleasant ones, of better days when one felt safe and comfortable. For a Fallen... bugger if I know, but if I were to guess, recollections of the Caul."

Jeremy wrote:"You know..." Serge said speaking up. "I was asked to go through Beatrice's mind to make sure she was alright, after the ritual thing. When I did so, I found nothing that indicated that she was fallen. As I walked through her dreams all I found were the thoughts of a girl who loved to create. Everything seemed normal. I found no trace of corruption or hatred in her heart. Either she was good at hiding it or it laid deeper into her soul after whatever ritual you guys did."

Then looking at the strange sand Colin held he said, "But what matter's is that she's fighting. And like Mr. Wainwright said, where there's a will there's a way. We're mages man. Nothing's hopeless and anything is possible. Cheesy saying I know, but it's certainly has some truth to it."
Anja wrote:Bruce nodded.
"I was shocked when Bee told us she is a widderslainte, she have always been so kind, perhaps a bit creepy but I mean Verbena are creepy they always have to bleed on all the things, so I thought it was just that."
He said then he nodded.
"Well we can hope some way to save her will present itself."
S7trif3 wrote:"I was furious that I was not told, that I could not make a choice of my own, that I didn't realise it. I didn't want any part of it. After all, I had been told there was no other way to deal with them other than destroying their Fallen avatars. Plus, if I had known, perhaps Bee may not have been...we would have known the wording of the stay and perhaps may have realized it could be exploited, given our mission. But it is too late now for changing those things and since then we have learned a lot, much of it troubling." He sighed and said to Serge," It's not her mind that is corrupted, though it would make sense one follows the other when you are born with an inverted avatar that your mind would be influenced, especially after awakening. The deeper layer of her soul as you say would be that part, the Fallen one. Most people would find what we're saying to be...I suppose, wishful thinking; after all we are not the first mages who have wished it was possible to save someone who is Fallen. And perhaps it is not possible for all of them, but obviously a few of these cases present differences that may give us a way. I think being cautiously hopeful and helping them to fight is worthy, to try to keep her mind that way..."
Anja wrote:Bruce frowned at this.
"Yes I wish we had been told that Bee was a widderslainte from the start, though if we had known, perhaps we had not treated her as well, not befriended her just seen her corrupted Avatar...been afraid of her?"
He said darkly.
"But yeah we should have been told, and we should have kept her away from the villa Node, if only we had known the wording of her stay of execution."
Jeremy wrote:"Mind, Soul and Body are all interconnected. When one is effected you see ripples of it everywhere else." Serge said with a nod. "Adley's right though. Better to have a little bit of hope rather than give up entirely. Every single attempt brings something new and who know? You guys might be the ones to finally do it."
He carefully placed the sand back in the safe and locked it, giving the dial a little spin, "Indeed, it was perhaps not right to withhold the state of her Avatar from us like that... but as an officer, I can understand how and why the decision was made, even if I respectfully disagree with it... and as horrid as what was done to her as a result was, it did reveal a number of very important things... it shed a light under several rocks, and showed us dangers we did not yet know about. There are many things we know now that might yet be in the dark if not for our bringing Beatrice to the manor..."
He frowned, "As for how some widderslaintes are apparently not the little monsters common wisdom would assume they are... it seems increasingly likely that depends on their reason for Falling in the first place, and how thoroughly and for how long they were actively driven toward further corruption by other, older Fallen afterwards. It would appear that even the worst monsters among the Nephandi can find some sort of soft spot for an apprentice, and some can't allow themselves or others to abuse their, hm, children."

Anja wrote:"Interesting a corrupted Umbral ship then?"
Bruce asked.
"How are you planning on cleanse it?"
He nodded, "You may have heard of the Mary's Serafina, or at least, you should be able to look the story up... It would appear the exploration ship drifted into the Caul undimension by accident... it is quite an unpleasant place, and it was not a good location to discover the ability to scry through time... As for how I plan on cleansing it, well, first, I need to read up on the theoretical work on Resonances, then I'll probably need some more capable assistance in doing the actual work - but I think it might be possible to crystallize Resonance in a permanent manner, somewhat similar to how one can create Tass. In a gross oversimplification of one of my hypotheses, it might be possible to run Quintessence through the ship in a manner so as to deliberately resonate it and turn it into highly unpleasant Tass - sort of like a sponge. But again, much theoretical work, and perhaps a fair bit of practice with less volatile Resonances."

Anja wrote:"No I suspect that many o the captured Nephandi will have a shit time of it at Horizon, there really should be some laws in place to limit the amount of abuse prisoners in Horizon go though."
The Orphan said and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"In his case, he is an apprentice to a powerful Master of Forces, that I find is often a limiting factor. But you are correct, prisoner abuse reflects poorly on us all, it brings out that which we should control, and comes to no good overall for anyone."
Anja wrote:"Yeah and I am sure the Chief will protect the kid if he can but even so he will be treated roughly I fear, I hope he will not get to traumatized by the whole thing, I have hardly met Kyle yet but he seams like a sweet kid."
The large man said as he shook his head.
He frowned, "Actually, I do believe there are such laws in place, but with few advocates for the Fallen, especially those who are not Traditionalists in the first place, well... Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, yes. Well, we're going to be broke then."
He grinned, "Look on the bright side, it might be possible to arrange microloans from the Cabal funds, so one could consider it preparation for a rainy day..."

Anja wrote:"Well it do not really entail that much, unless you are into acupuncture then the earlobe is just a bit of flesh so as long as you go to a doctor or a piercing studio an take care of the piercing serious infection are not likely so worst case the kid tire of the piercing and take it out and they will end up with a tiny scar on their earlobe and that will be about that."
Bruce said and shrugged.
"So as long as a kid is old enough to make the choice then it is okey by me not that I have any kids."
He grimaced, "Actually, I meant nipples have more, hm, mechanical functions. But milk glands aside, I do believe most professional tattoo and piercing studios do have rather strict age restrictions for their clientele."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"I will do so."
Bruce said and talking about phone calls your phone rang the caller id showing that it was the Chief calling.
He nodded to Bruce and picked up the phone, "Yes, Sir? The, ah, local, a fellow called Bobby, will help, and I've sent Master Sharaya some photos of the area."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 am

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"I think so as well, but did no one ever follow up on it?" he asked.

"Oh many did, Dylan's machine worked, I still have it an others have used hisarticle to create similar devices."
The Deaconess said.
"The effect of the machine is only temporary though, it can only subdue Resonance for a short while."

"I am glad that we could do so then, there is no reason to thank us. I am happy to know I am welcome here."

"I am still grateful."
Madeline said then she nodded.
"Well then have a nice evening young man."
Before she closed the door to her office, she was still struggling with the emotions in her voice and she might need to be alone for a while to sort through them.

[Chicago, Joakim's office]

"I am, I apologize for the interruption. I hope you are doing well. Is this a bad time?"

"I where having a lesson but we are mostly done, come right in."
Thomas said he did not answer the question on whatever or not e was well.
"I can make a small flame in my hand now and hold it for thirthy seconds."
The boy said and he gave a rare smile clearly proud of this acomplishment.

Joakim stood and he walked around the desk.
"Yes we where allmost done, please come in Mr Roth Hicks."
The old hedge wizard said.
"Can I offer you a cup of coffee?"

[Cabal Meeting]

"Mind, Soul and Body are all interconnected. When one is effected you see ripples of it everywhere else." Serge said with a nod. "Adley's right though. Better to have a little bit of hope rather than give up entirely. Every single attempt brings something new and who know? You guys might be the ones to finally do it."

Bruce nodded at that.
"I agree we have to try, and I think that the body, mind and soul fitting together is the reason why most widderslainte are corrupted in mind as well as soul, another indication that the soul is simply a part of the mind."
The Orphan commented.

He smiled, "The sand is excretions from an Avatar as it slowly cleanses itself - so innocuous in appearance, but anathema to the Fallen, as it is a physical manifestation of the reversal of the Caul's work... I have no idea how many possible applications it might have, but the merest touch can induce remarkably powerful memories. For a normal Mage, pleasant ones, of better days when one felt safe and comfortable. For a Fallen... bugger if I know, but if I were to guess, recollections of the Caul."

"That sounds rather fantastic but if it can be proven to be what you claim I guess it could make your apprentice and the Chief's as well, if there is hope a Fallen soul can be cleanse then we can't continue destroying them on general principles right?"
Bruce asked.

He carefully placed the sand back in the safe and locked it, giving the dial a little spin, "Indeed, it was perhaps not right to withhold the state of her Avatar from us like that... but as an officer, I can understand how and why the decision was made, even if I respectfully disagree with it... and as horrid as what was done to her as a result was, it did reveal a number of very important things... it shed a light under several rocks, and showed us dangers we did not yet know about. There are many things we know now that might yet be in the dark if not for our bringing Beatrice to the manor..."

"I can understand why the Chief might withhold that information from us but even so it was not right."
The other Orphan said.
"And yes I guess even with horrible things happening then good things can come of it but that do not mean it was worth it...I doubt I will ever be able to get Bee's screams out of my head and I was all the way out in the hallway when it happened."
He said darkly.

He frowned, "As for how some widderslaintes are apparently not the little monsters common wisdom would assume they are... it seems increasingly likely that depends on their reason for Falling in the first place, and how thoroughly and for how long they were actively driven toward further corruption by other, older Fallen afterwards. It would appear that even the worst monsters among the Nephandi can find some sort of soft spot for an apprentice, and some can't allow themselves or others to abuse their, hm, children."

"Yeah and then we have those like the bastard that corrupted our villa Node, he gutted his own apprentice."
Bruce commented.
"Then again...even that bastard had a relationship with Lisa Larson and he loved her or so I hear, perhaps there is a little bit of light in all of them though in some it is really, really tiny."

He nodded, "You may have heard of the Mary's Serafina, or at least, you should be able to look the story up... It would appear the exploration ship drifted into the Caul undimension by accident... it is quite an unpleasant place, and it was not a good location to discover the ability to scry through time... As for how I plan on cleansing it, well, first, I need to read up on the theoretical work on Resonances, then I'll probably need some more capable assistance in doing the actual work - but I think it might be possible to crystallize Resonance in a permanent manner, somewhat similar to how one can create Tass. In a gross oversimplification of one of my hypotheses, it might be possible to run Quintessence through the ship in a manner so as to deliberately resonate it and turn it into highly unpleasant Tass - sort of like a sponge. But again, much theoretical work, and perhaps a fair bit of practice with less volatile Resonances."

"I have not heard about a ship so named but I can look into it. The Caul dimension though that sounds really nasty, I wonder what is there."
Bruce commented and frowned.
"Hum I have heard something about that, Master Sharaya ha a guest over a few months ago, one of his brothers, a Akashic/ Virtual Adept dual Tradition member. I spoke with him and the conversation went to Paradox and he said that his first Mentor, an Akashic named Madame Wu could crystallize Paradox in her system and create eel like beings out of it and she then kept the eels in an aquarium until they all escaped and re entered her at once, which was not good, and I mean it is Paradox not Resonance but still it is a form of crystallization, might be worth looking into for your plan at least."

He frowned, "Actually, I do believe there are such laws in place, but with few advocates for the Fallen, especially those who are not Traditionalists in the first place, well... Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If we have laws like that they are not being used and it is nto just Fallen, a friend of mine got arrested on Horizon for a minor offense, he was kept in chains, was beaten and when he tried to tell them he is allergic to paprika he was not heard an was beaten again for not eating the food offered, he was pretty badly traumatized."
Bruce commented and frowned.

He grimaced, "Actually, I meant nipples have more, hm, mechanical functions. But milk glands aside, I do believe most professional tattoo and piercing studios do have rather strict age restrictions for their clientele."

"I thought we where talking about ears, no we can nto have nipple piercings on kids no not do I think that is really popular but five year old girls do get their ears pierced. Most piercing studios have age limits but usually not for ear piercings as long as the kid is old enough to want earrings themselves, simply because if they don't do it the parents will go to a hairdresser and that is never a good idea."
Bruce said and he frowned.

[Going to the Library]

"Yeah...she did." Serge said leaning back in his chair and staring directly at Kyle's ceiling as if looking into the attic where his mentor was currently resting.

"Well let's hope she likes it." Serge said pulling out his sketchbook from the stack of books and having it next to him with a penciled hand at the ready. He began to read the Fae book more carefully, focusing on physical descriptions of the mysterious creatures and trying to envision them in his own mind. His hand slowly moved next to him, recreating his imagination onto the page next to him.

There where several descriptions as there seamed to be amny types of fae, some looking more human and others far ore fantastical, it was a dense book though and it was har to just skim through it while waiting for cocoa.
"Yeah I am sure she will love it."
Kyle said.

"I'm an emulator guy all the way. I can't live without savestates now." Serge said with a smile. "Plus I'm poor now and even back then I could never imagine asking my parents for a new game or game system every couple of years. So I made do with what I had."

"It is not like we have allot of money, and I could not get a new system every few years but I have a few, I guess my parents knew that us moving around so much meant I had few friends so I needed something to do."
Kyle commented.
"But I use emulators when I can't afford the games I want."

"That'd be awesome, Thanks! What game is it?" Serge asked curiously.

"Need for Speed Pro Street I like racing games."
Kyle said and smiled.
"You better hope I never get a real car from how I drive in games."
He joked.

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'Like... a local anaesthetic. Know where it is, what it's doing - but no feelings.' Nicole replied, after a short pause. 'Doesn't feel "a part of me", mainly 'cos I have other arm to remind me what it should be like. But doesn't bother me much anymore.'

"I understand, that must be strange."
Fran said.
"Perhaps they can find a way to give you sensations in yur arm, I mean if you can move it like your own perhaps they can do that as well."
The Euthanathos suggested.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded to Bruce and picked up the phone, "Yes, Sir? The, ah, local, a fellow called Bobby, will help, and I've sent Master Sharaya some photos of the area."

"Good, I have gotten the pictures of the junkyard and I am sneding reinforcements."
Jeffry said.
"I also spoke with Mr Lenoe and he said that the Prince of the Massasa do not only know about what happens at the junkyard he gave the ones running it the territory. From what he said the junkyard used to be the domain of a group called the Anarchs, and whoever they are they worked with the locals, yes at times they fed of them but always made sure the homeless inhabitants where safe and protected but after some trouble the Prince confiscated the junkyard and placed it in the hans of a man named Jonathan Livington, a Ventrue which I bleieve is one of their groups, who now run the junkyard as a place for those who can not find ehm food, they pay Livington and then he takes them to the junkyard to feed, or take blood from the inhabitants and bring it to his customers, the place is basically run as a form of Massassa resturant."
The old Hermetic said sounding angry, probably his coffee where getting hotter as he spoke.
"As for the spirit, Bobby eh, well that he is on our side is a boon indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:20 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'They could, but would push power demands through the roof. Plus, all the sensors would make it harder to do work on the innards.' Nicole said with a shrug, making it clear she didn't overly miss the loss of feeling.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'They could, but would push power demands through the roof. Plus, all the sensors would make it harder to do work on the innards.' Nicole said with a shrug, making it clear she didn't overly miss the loss of feeling.

"Yeah I can imagine that it would suck big time to do repairs on the arm if you felt pain in it."
Fran said ad she nodded.
"Power demands, that remind me, how do you charge it? Do you use Tass or do you have to use a wall socket or something?"
She asked as she gave your arm a curious look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:19 pm

[Chantry]

'Under-skin pads take body heat and convert.' Nicole replied simply, now loading the shotgun a pair of shells which were clearly flares. 'But now I'm always fucking hungry.' moving back towards the couch and downing more of the mystery drink.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

Under-skin pads take body heat and convert.' Nicole replied simply, now loading the shotgun a pair of shells which were clearly flares. 'But now I'm always fucking hungry.' moving back towards the couch and downing more of the mystery drink.

"Body heat turned into fuel eh...interesting."
Fran said.
"You should come over for dinner sometimes, some dishes are really hard to make for just one person after all, I know that will not help with the general problem but a home cooked meal might be nice."
The death magus offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:11 pm

[Chantry]

'Didn't you pay attention to Morphius' lecture in The Matrix? Human body kicks out eighty percent of fuel consumed as heat, which is enough to run a lightbulb off. Only problem is pad efficiency is low, which makes me like an SUV.' Nicole replied, grabbing several more flare-rounds and shoving them into a pouch on the webbing.

'Hey, not gonna turn down an offer of a meal.' giving a grin. 'It'll be nice - thanks.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:28 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'Didn't you pay attention to Morphius' lecture in The Matrix? Human body kicks out eighty percent of fuel consumed as heat, which is enough to run a lightbulb off. Only problem is pad efficiency is low, which makes me like an SUV.' Nicole replied, grabbing several more flare-rounds and shoving them into a pouch on the webbing.

"Ah...I see, well is there any way you can get better pads or improve on them?"
Fran asked.
"I did not know that the human body created that much energy though."

Hey, not gonna turn down an offer of a meal.' giving a grin. 'It'll be nice - thanks.'

"Great, what about Wednesday? And I hope you like meatloaf and mashed potatoes."
Fran said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:27 pm

[Chantry]

'Original design had a battery and point so I could top up off the mains, but that goes into the shoulder-space.' Nicole replied, digging out a few what appeared to be chocolate of some form out of the crate and shoving them in her breast pocket. 'They've working on it, but I really don't want to have to be sliced up for new parts.' finishing off her drink - the last bits rather gloopy. 'But might have to. Before it gets too late.'

'Wednesday? Seems fine to me. As long as both of us are still here.' ending with a little smile. 'I'll bring the beers.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next