Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 5 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 pm

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "Well, she is Amadeus Nassa's apprentice. She's a lot tougher than she seems; she's been so in every incarnation..."

"Yes you are right off course she is, and she will be alright."
Kristina said.
"Even so this must be horribly stressful for her."

He smiled, "I'm glad to hear it; he's a good man, if I'm any judge of character - any man who learns to cook just to care for his bird is a good man in my book, affiliation aside. Hm, I gather the Sabbat and Camarilla are the major vampire factions, comparable to the Union and the Traditions, then? I never quite had that clarified to me..."

"He is a good man I agree, and kind to his pet. Onyx is adorable."
Kristina said.
"Yes well they are two of them, there are four factions among them like with us, or at least four I know of, so in a way that can compare to our own society yes."

[Adley]

"He did, yes and they're really nice. So nice, I had to fix up my work shoes. I could probably add a temporary enchantment, at least while we're there but I didn't want to make the clothing stand out more than necessary while down here."

"Most sleepers would not notice any enchantment on your clothes mea filius but yes a mage would and it might be best to to scream to everyone who can see what you are though most can figure it out regardless, there are signs to look for after all."
Jeffry agreed.

He drank some coffee first then sighed. "Well, I had a lot of missed classes which is not good when you're the teacher," he started with a wry look. "Thankfully I had my teaching assistant to help cover for me and I planned for it as well as I could, but it was still not looking good. So I set up a meeting with the Department Head to try to explain, as much as I could, anyway, that this was a rather tough year and that the top of next year was looking busy also but that I still took my work seriously. I didn't want to be fired...as it stands, I was lucky to be given the Linguistics class at all and they might not give it to me next year if they find me unreliable, or indeed even the languages classes. I didn't want to burn my bridges though, and I do need the money. They seemed receptive at least, so hopefully I will still have a position next semester. Or if they skip me this term, may let me back to teach in summer if there's any classes. Still, it's been surreal being back teaching there."

Jeffry nodded at that as he drank some of his coffee.
"I understand mea filius and I hope that you will not be fired. Hum how it is going with Mr Lenoe? You know you need to keep your distance from him right? I know you would not willingly break the Code and saying good evening and may I borrow a pen is acceptable, regular contact that the sleepers around you would expect but anything more and that is a dangerous game."
Your Mentor warned.
"Remember it is illegal for us to associate with their kind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 5 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Adley Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 pm

[Adley]

"Most sleepers would not notice any enchantment on your clothes mea filius but yes a mage would and it might be best to to scream to everyone who can see what you are though most can figure it out regardless, there are signs to look for after all."
Jeffry agreed.

"Then again, maybe it would be a sign to leave me alone..." he shrugged.

"I understand mea filius and I hope that you will not be fired. Hum how it is going with Mr Lenoe? You know you need to keep your distance from him right? I know you would not willingly break the Code and saying good evening and may I borrow a pen is acceptable, regular contact that the sleepers around you would expect but anything more and that is a dangerous game." Your Mentor warned. "Remember it is illegal for us to associate with their kind."

"I have not had any more or less contact with him than I had before," he replied. "I don't have any desire to honestly and I doubt he does either, given all the circumstances, though I expect he may ask about his former charge at some point. What would be acceptable given he may, perhaps in a roundabout way, make inquiries? It would be good to keep it in mind, just in the eventuality."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:15 pm

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'And girls.' Nicole corrected. 'Yeah... need to get dressed.' stretching out and wincing slightly.

[Is it illegal to associate with shapeshifters too? Can't remember...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes you are right off course she is, and she will be alright."
Kristina said.
"Even so this must be horribly stressful for her."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "She wouldn't be human if it weren't... She'll rally magnificently, though; I'm confident in her strength. She'll be back to caring for others in pain before you know it."

Anja wrote:"He is a good man I agree, and kind to his pet. Onyx is adorable."
Kristina said.
"Yes well they are two of them, there are four factions among them like with us, or at least four I know of, so in a way that can compare to our own society yes."
He frowned, "Hum, that is rather peculiar. Almost so you'd think someone set things up so there'd be recognizable parallels between... no, that's a silly train of thought. Regardless, I've got some more preparations to take care of prior to tomorrow's flight - and to finish setting up Anna's schedule for my absence. So until we speak again, Mrs. Knox, be well, and my best regards to your family and household."

((OOC: Nah, shapeshifters are fine, so long as you don't drag them into the house at all hours without warning. The "He followed me home, can we keep him?" line is probably not going to be particularly well received. Wink Also, vampires are pretty much perfectly legal to associate with, so long as you are not of the Order of Hermes. They've had... issues, ever since the whole Tremere thing, you know. Wink Which is, in fact, why Colin offered to harbor Olive in his workshop instead of the Chantry, so that she would not have to be staked.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:27 am

[Adley]

"Then again, maybe it would be a sign to leave me alone..." he shrugged.

"For some it would be, for those who can see it and who think they can take you though, that is another matter."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"I have not had any more or less contact with him than I had before," he replied. "I don't have any desire to honestly and I doubt he does either, given all the circumstances, though I expect he may ask about his former charge at some point. What would be acceptable given he may, perhaps in a roundabout way, make inquiries? It would be good to keep it in mind, just in the eventuality."

"It would not suprise me if Mr Lenoe one day ask you about Mr Wagner's well being, you may tell him that the boy have a teacher now and is doing well but no more and try to keep your distance from him, hopefully he will do the same."
Jeffry said and he frowned.

[Nicole]

And girls.' Nicole corrected. 'Yeah... need to get dressed.' stretching out and wincing slightly.

"And girls, I even hear the Etherites will change their name soon to be more gender neutral."
Freddy said and she put her now empty coffee mug on the kitchen counter and nodded.
"I will leave you to it then and go and speak with Deacon Sharaya and call my uncle."
She said and she headed for the door but she waited to see if you had anything to add before she said.
"We will figure this out Miss Bouchad."
Then she left you to get ready for the day.

[Colin]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "She wouldn't be human if it weren't... She'll rally magnificently, though; I'm confident in her strength. She'll be back to caring for others in pain before you know it."

"She is a healer like her Mentor, off course she will care for others."
Kristina said.
"Even in a time like this it is in her nature."

He frowned, "Hum, that is rather peculiar. Almost so you'd think someone set things up so there'd be recognizable parallels between... no, that's a silly train of thought. Regardless, I've got some more preparations to take care of prior to tomorrow's flight - and to finish setting up Anna's schedule for my absence. So until we speak again, Mrs. Knox, be well, and my best regards to your family and household."

"Well through the ages our societies have come into contact with one another perhaps that is why, but it should be said that when my husband first got into contact with the Traditions he found so many parallels that he had little trouble navigating our society."
Kristina said then she added.
"Off course, we will talk when you return Mr Wainwright and I hope your apprentice is doing well. Have a nice day Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said and she waited to see if you had something else to say before she ended the call.

(OOC: You have the Protocols that are laws all members of the Traditions have to follow, in fact the Traditions think all mages period have to follow them and get testy when they meet non Traditionalist mages who do not. Each Tradition also have induvidual laws that members of that Taition have to follow and the Order of Hermes are forbidden to assosiate with vampires other Traditions can have as many vampire fiends as they wish. The Euthanathos, Hollow Ones and the Cult of Extasy often have vampire allies, Custos, friends or even lovers. As mages stat using means to extend their lives and they see their sleeper friends and mages who do not use such means grow old and die many mages choose vampires and other unaging supernaturals as friends to avoid loneliness this is mentioned in Masters of the Art so it is just the Oder of Hermes who have laws against associating with them though many mages are uneasy with them. Shapeshifters though are perfectly fine the Verbena even often invite them to join their sesonal celebrations.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:34 am

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'If "soon" is "within my lifetime", yeah.' the large woman replied, giving a little shrug. Once Freddy left, she'll quickly go to get dressed and clean up.

[Nicole don't want no vampire fiends. They too much like that already! *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:38 am

[Nicole]

"Colin says he have seen the Etherites getting a Prima in one of his visions, one who shake things up a bit."
Freddy said and shrugged.
"He seam to be able to read the code of the world faster than the rest of us."

You got dressed and got yourself cleaned up reasonably.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:44 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:Kyle looked around as he entered your room.
"This is pretty cool."
He muttered.
"So many drawings, this must have taken forever...ehm what are that rainbow color you use on some of them?"
He asked and pointed at one of the drawings done in crayon.

"Magick crayons." Serge said nonchalantly looking at his crayon creations. "At least, I'm pretty sure there magick. I never actually got around to making sure if they were. They certainly feel like their magick though. I was getting a feel for them when I made those. Didn't wanna use them up so I only have a few of those drawings around."

Anja wrote:"Oh shit that is awesome!"
Kyle said as he looked up.
"How long have you used on that? Ok so you needed me to pass you supplies and such right? Just let me know what you need me to do."

"I started a month ago and worked on it whenever I got the time." he said, smiling at the young mage's excitement. This was precisely why he had brought him to his room. He had hoped his rather extreme form of decoration would help distract Kyle.

"When I said we're gonna finish. I'm not sure how true that is. But I do wanna try and finish the face and neck area."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure week long stints with no sleep is good for you though I am not the one to give any lessons on that right now."
Kyle said as he helped you move the table.
"You are getting commissions now? That is great...your desk right? Sure I can do that where is your desk?"
The young Hermetic asked as he looked around the room.

"Oh it's definitely not good for you. Especially the way I do them. But I'm in the Cult of Ecstasy for a reason..." Serge said as he climbed on top of the table so that he could reach his ceiling.

"I've been getting a few commissions. I won't lie it's really fun. Seeing how much other people enjoy my art. I'm still fairly unknown but if I keep posting my art online I'm sure I'll get a larger audience." he commented, sounding like he was more interested in people praising his artwork rather than the commissions themselves.

"Desk is over there." Serge said pointing towards his desk with the large stacks of paper on it. "Toss me a pencil. Doesn't matter which, any will do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 am

[Serge]

"Magick crayons." Serge said nonchalantly looking at his crayon creations. "At least, I'm pretty sure there magick. I never actually got around to making sure if they were. They certainly feel like their magick though. I was getting a feel for them when I made those. Didn't wanna use them up so I only have a few of those drawings around."

"I could check for you i you wish to see if they are magick, it is not a difficult spell."
Kyle offered.
"I might as well use my magick while I have it eh? Where did you get the magickal canyons by the way? I bet you have an interesting story about that."

"I started a month ago and worked on it whenever I got the time." he said, smiling at the young mage's excitement. This was precisely why he had brought him to his room. He had hoped his rather extreme form of decoration would help distract Kyle.

"You are really effective with your drawings?"
Kyle muttered.
"There are so many of them."
He said in wonder as he looked around your room.

"When I said we're gonna finish. I'm not sure how true that is. But I do wanna try and finish the face and neck area."

"Sounds good, let us go for that."
The younger mage said.
"What sort of paints do you use?"

"Oh it's definitely not good for you. Especially the way I do them. But I'm in the Cult of Ecstasy for a reason..." Serge said as he climbed on top of the table so that he could reach his ceiling.

"I am not sure it is good for you either Serge but it is not for me to complain, just make sure you do not make yourself sick okey?"
Kyle said and frowned.

"I've been getting a few commissions. I won't lie it's really fun. Seeing how much other people enjoy my art. I'm still fairly unknown but if I keep posting my art online I'm sure I'll get a larger audience." he commented, sounding like he was more interested in people praising his artwork rather than the commissions themselves.

"I am glad for you Serge, have you been asked to make something fun?"
The young Hermetic asked.
"Do that mean you are earning your own money now?"

"Desk is over there." Serge said pointing towards his desk with the large stacks of paper on it. "Toss me a pencil. Doesn't matter which, any will do."

"Yeah sure...here you go."
Kyle said and he fetched a pencil from your desk and tossed it up to you.
"Anything else you need?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 am

Anja wrote:"Well through the ages our societies have come into contact with one another perhaps that is why, but it should be said that when my husband first got into contact with the Traditions he found so many parallels that he had little trouble navigating our society."
Kristina said then she added.
"Off course, we will talk when you return Mr Wainwright and I hope your apprentice is doing well. Have a nice day Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said and she waited to see if you had something else to say before she ended the call.
Colin smiled, "Anna is doing well. In fact...", he lowered his voice conspiratorially, "thanks to being forced into a debate on vaccines with a particularly vocal Traditionmate of yours, the whole Chantry is vaccinated, and thanks to our newest Etherite, we gained access to a needle-free alternative deployment, allowing Anna to get fully covered, too."
He raised his voice to normal levels again, "You know, she's been asking about you, too - I think she's quite grateful for how you helped treat her without frightening her, and that crystal that tracked her condition is pretty, too. She still keeps it on her nightstand."

He shook his head, "But yes, have a nice day, and I will let you know when I'll be back."

After ending the call, he headed back downstairs to see if he'd catch Freddy again before she left.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am

[Adley]

"For some it would be, for those who can see it and who think they can take you though, that is another matter."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Wouldn't that be true, even so?"

"It would not suprise me if Mr Lenoe one day ask you about Mr Wagner's well being, you may tell him that the boy have a teacher now and is doing well but no more and try to keep your distance from him, hopefully he will do the same."

"Alright," he agreed with his mentor's suggestion. "Hopefully that will be enough. More would be unwise for us all. Of course, now I go back and look for everything and one I might have missed, that might be magickal or otherwordly..." He drank some more of the coffee, then added, "Keep an eye on things better..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 am

[Colin]

Colin smiled, "Anna is doing well. In fact...", he lowered his voice conspiratorially, "thanks to being forced into a debate on vaccines with a particularly vocal Traditionmate of yours, the whole Chantry is vaccinated, and thanks to our newest Etherite, we gained access to a needle-free alternative deployment, allowing Anna to get fully covered, too."

"Ah that is most fortunate, it would not be good if you apprentice got sick."
Kristina said and then she added.
"Yes some of my Tradition is quite skeptical of modern medicine, it comes from the Union after all."

He raised his voice to normal levels again, "You know, she's been asking about you, too - I think she's quite grateful for how you helped treat her without frightening her, and that crystal that tracked her condition is pretty, too. She still keeps it on her nightstand."

"There where no need to frighten the child, and I am glad she like the crystal, I can re enchant it when I come over in a few days, it might be handy to continue to have a a way to warn you if her condition worsen."
The Verbena offered.

He shook his head, "But yes, have a nice day, and I will let you know when I'll be back."

"Do that, and be well Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said before she ended the call.

After ending the call, he headed back downstairs to see if he'd catch Freddy again before she left.

You found Freddy on her way to Narim's room, the young Virtual Adept looked rather worried.
"Hello love."
She said and she saw you and she smiled.
"I have to talk with Master Sharaya but I fear that if I knock on his door now I will wake him, but it is urgent."

[Adley]

"Wouldn't that be true, even so?"

"Most likely yes but they are less likely to see you if you have no obvious magick on you, it is a trade of and a choice you must make for yourself."
Jeffry replied.

"Alright," he agreed with his mentor's suggestion. "Hopefully that will be enough. More would be unwise for us all. Of course, now I go back and look for everything and one I might have missed, that might be magickal or otherwordly..." He drank some more of the coffee, then added, "Keep an eye on things better..."

"That might b a good idea. According to Mr Wainwright there is a werewolf at that university hospital, not that he is a danger to us we will find the Awakened popping up everywhere, and for some reason it seams more prevalent now then ever before, most of them do not mean harm though."
Your Mentor said.
"So keep that in mind and do not get to suspicious even if you keep your wits about you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

[Adley]

"Most likely yes but they are less likely to see you if you have no obvious magick on you, it is a trade of and a choice you must make for yourself."
Jeffry replied.

"I have more than enough problems."

"That might b a good idea. According to Mr Wainwright there is a werewolf at that university hospital, not that he is a danger to us we will find the Awakened popping up everywhere, and for some reason it seams more prevalent now then ever before, most of them do not mean harm though." Your Mentor said. "So keep that in mind and do not get to suspicious even if you keep your wits about you."

"I haven't seen any werewolves but I'm not on that campus, either. It's just that...maybe if I'd known...well, I didn't, and that's the way it was." He shook his head, then looked in his cup. "Need a refill?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:30 am

[Adley]

"I have more than enough problems."

"Indeed so, we all do, however protected you might draw the attention of something that can see those protections and unprotected you have other dangers again, it is not always possible to avoid all problems."
Your Mentor advices.

"I haven't seen any werewolves but I'm not on that campus, either. It's just that...maybe if I'd known...well, I didn't, and that's the way it was." He shook his head,

"All of us, you included did all we could mea filius, I do not think it would help much if you had known Mr Lenoe and Miss Larson where there, and the latter is still alive and with Mr Yager's help is out of her coma she stands a good chance Adley and when she gets out of the hospital we will find her a good teacher."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little.
"You did well."

then looked in his cup. "Need a refill?

"Yes please, that would be nice of you."
Your Mentor agreed and he handed you his now empty mug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am

Anja wrote:"Ah that is most fortunate, it would not be good if you apprentice got sick."
Kristina said and then she added.
"Yes some of my Tradition is quite skeptical of modern medicine, it comes from the Union after all."
Colin nodded, "Fortunately, convincing the Deacon Council and several of the Masters here was easy enough, once I reminded them of how long it was since last they'd seen a measles epidemic or polio outbreak kill or permanently cripple faster than the healers could repair the damage... An ounce of prevention, and all that. Chief Morgan, though, is amusing to watch when he acknowledges that in the case of vaccines and diabetes treatment, the Progenitors did good... That's a concession that sticks deep for him."

Anja wrote:"There where no need to frighten the child, and I am glad she like the crystal, I can re enchant it when I come over in a few days, it might be handy to continue to have a a way to warn you if her condition worsen."
The Verbena offered.
He smiled, "That would be nice. I'm sure Anna would appreciate that..."

Anja wrote:You found Freddy on her way to Narim's room, the young Virtual Adept looked rather worried.
"Hello love."
She said and she saw you and she smiled.
"I have to talk with Master Sharaya but I fear that if I knock on his door now I will wake him, but it is urgent."
He frowned, "Let me guess... Joe's case is not unique? Miss Kelly complained that her fine motor skills seem impaired - she's got a fairly... complex life and motor support system."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:40 am

[Colin]

Colin nodded, "Fortunately, convincing the Deacon Council and several of the Masters here was easy enough, once I reminded them of how long it was since last they'd seen a measles epidemic or polio outbreak kill or permanently cripple faster than the healers could repair the damage... An ounce of prevention, and all that.

"I made the same arguments with my husband when it comes to vaccinating the kids, he was hesitant at first but eventually agreed. I told him that yes I can heal almost any illness but there is things that can set an illness and then it is best to prevent them, he agreed to it then."
Kristina replied.
"Though if there is a single tear in those children's eyes he becomes a big teddy bear."
She added with a chuckle.

Chief Morgan, though, is amusing to watch when he acknowledges that in the case of vaccines and diabetes treatment, the Progenitors did good... That's a concession that sticks deep for him."

"I can understand the man, after all the Progenitors have never been kind to my Tradition and we have a...well to call our relationship strained is an understatement, to admit they did something good do not come easy."
The young Verbena muttered.

He smiled, "That would be nice. I'm sure Anna would appreciate that..."

"I will take care of it after the duel then."
Kristina agreed.

He frowned, "Let me guess... Joe's case is not unique? Miss Kelly complained that her fine motor skills seem impaired - she's got a fairly... complex life and motor support system."

"No it is not unique, Miss Bouchard spoke of three others, I have to talk with the Deacons about this it could be...an attack on the Technomancer Traditions."
Freddy said and frowned.
"I guess I should be happy now none of the stuff the Technocracy stuck in my head remained there.I had it all removed when I was rescued regardless of the risk."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Anja wrote:"I made the same arguments with my husband when it comes to vaccinating the kids, he was hesitant at first but eventually agreed. I told him that yes I can heal almost any illness but there is things that can set an illness and then it is best to prevent them, he agreed to it then."
Kristina replied.
"Though if there is a single tear in those children's eyes he becomes a big teddy bear."
She added with a chuckle.
Colin grinned, "I'm beginning to express similar attitudes around Anna; I can quite relate."

Anja wrote:"I can understand the man, after all the Progenitors have never been kind to my Tradition and we have a...well to call our relationship strained is an understatement, to admit they did something good do not come easy."
The young Verbena muttered.
He smiled wryly, "The old Order of Reason ideal to protect the Sleepers has perhaps not been completely abandoned, though it does seem more like it's a matter of protecting resources more than altruism these days..."

Anja wrote:"No it is not unique, Miss Bouchard spoke of three others, I have to talk with the Deacons about this it could be...an attack on the Technomancer Traditions."
Freddy said and frowned.
"I guess I should be happy now none of the stuff the Technocracy stuck in my head remained there.I had it all removed when I was rescued regardless of the risk."
He pondered, "I could ask a Technocrat in passing at the Umbral Port, whether they're having problems with cybernetics. There are a couple I think I could trust to give a straight answer - if this affects ours, there's little reason to assume the Union cyborgs are immune..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "I'm beginning to express similar attitudes around Anna; I can quite relate."

"My husband have wanted children but thought he would never be blessed with them for centuries so he is quite protective of the twins and spoil them to no end."
Kristina said fondly.
"Then again so do I. I do wonder how I will feel when I take an apprentice if I will feel the same about him."

He smiled wryly, "The old Order of Reason ideal to protect the Sleepers has perhaps not been completely abandoned, though it does seem more like it's a matter of protecting resources more than altruism these days..."

"The problem is that they have taken the side in the typical conflict between those who prefer to use nature medicine and those who prefer modern medicine, for example they attacked a Verbena Chantry recently and executed every member of said Chantry with the argument that since they where offering healing to the local homeless population they where spreading the illusion that anything but school medicine works, it is the same as when doctors lash out at anyone doing alternative medicine and feel all use of healing methods other than their own should be forbidden, only worse as they use violence and magick to kill those who disagree."
Kristina said angrily.
"I can not deny though that the Progenitors have done some good, but they have also done allot of harm."

He pondered, "I could ask a Technocrat in passing at the Umbral Port, whether they're having problems with cybernetics. There are a couple I think I could trust to give a straight answer - if this affects ours, there's little reason to assume the Union cyborgs are immune..."

"That is a really good idea actually if you think you can get an honest answer."
Freddy said before she knocked on Narim's door.
"I have to admit to be worried though, very worried, if this is some sort of illness or attack it seam to be spreading fast."
The young Virtual Adept said and she nervously played with the plug in her right ear.

(OOC: I played MtG today, my Shadows was eaten by Merfolk.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Anja wrote:"My husband have wanted children but thought he would never be blessed with them for centuries so he is quite protective of the twins and spoil them to no end."
Kristina said fondly.
"Then again so do I. I do wonder how I will feel when I take an apprentice if I will feel the same about him."
Colin grinned, "Well, from seeing various Adepts and Masters and their apprentices, I would not at all be surprised if you do."

Anja wrote:"The problem is that they have taken the side in the typical conflict between those who prefer to use nature medicine and those who prefer modern medicine, for example they attacked a Verbena Chantry recently and executed every member of said Chantry with the argument that since they where offering healing to the local homeless population they where spreading the illusion that anything but school medicine works, it is the same as when doctors lash out at anyone doing alternative medicine and feel all use of healing methods other than their own should be forbidden, only worse as they use violence and magick to kill those who disagree."
Kristina said angrily.
"I can not deny though that the Progenitors have done some good, but they have also done allot of harm."
He nodded, "The 'one true method' fallacy... Both mystic and scientific approaches have their exclusivists, but the Technocracy is certainly the most vicious and prevalent of the two. And one right does not make up for a greater wrong..."

Anja wrote:"That is a really good idea actually if you think you can get an honest answer."
Freddy said before she knocked on Narim's door.
"I have to admit to be worried though, very worried, if this is some sort of illness or attack it seam to be spreading fast."
The young Virtual Adept said and she nervously played with the plug in her right ear.
He frowned, then shook his head, "On a somewhat more positive note, I think I shall invite Master Steelhaven for dinner tonight - I was planning on Master Adimari's pesto recipe. Does that sound good to you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "Well, from seeing various Adepts and Masters and their apprentices, I would not at all be surprised if you do."

"Yes I would agree with that. I have a close relationship with my own Mentor so I suspect I will be close with my own students as well."
Kristina said.

He nodded, "The 'one true method' fallacy... Both mystic and scientific approaches have their exclusivists, but the Technocracy is certainly the most vicious and prevalent of the two. And one right does not make up for a greater wrong..."

"Agreed, I do not agree with exlusivists on either side but the Progenitors hunt my Tradition and other mystical healers, having declared war on our ways so they are our sworn enemies. I can give them that they have done some good through and like I said I am vaccinating my own children and will continue to do so as long as they themselves do not protest to much."
The young Verbena said.

He frowned, then shook his head, "On a somewhat more positive note, I think I shall invite Master Steelhaven for dinner tonight - I was planning on Master Adimari's pesto recipe. Does that sound good to you?"

"That sounds good to me, who knows how many more chances we will get to talk with the old man, also Anna will be thrilled about pesto for dinner."
Freddy said and smiled. About that time the door to Narim's room opened and the Virtual Adept Master peeked out.
"Miss Adlebloom, Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
He asked, he was wearing a dark green tunic wit blue trim today and he gave you both a smile.
"Forgive me for disturbing your morning Sir, but I have a matter which can't wait."
Freddy said and Naim nodded.
"Come in, it is no trouble, I just up on tea...and you Mr Wainwright can I do anything for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 pm

[Adley]

"Indeed so, we all do, however protected you might draw the attention of something that can see those protections and unprotected you have other dangers again, it is not always possible to avoid all problems."

"Well, now that I have been working on hand sigils as tools it will be easier to have most of what I need in an emergency close by me."

"All of us, you included did all we could mea filius, I do not think it would help much if you had known Mr Lenoe and Miss Larson where there, and the latter is still alive and with Mr Yager's help is out of her coma she stands a good chance Adley and when she gets out of the hospital we will find her a good teacher."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little.
"You did well."

"It will be hard for her, I am worried and we need to get her here safely too. Thank goodness for my cabalmate's assistance. I would like to find her a teacher that understands her background and help her find opportunities that will benefit her growth, she's had so much to deal, I hope she can make a good life with her gifts despite it all. She is talented enough for the Order but she has an older style, besides what she feels about us and also those she...grew up with, I don't know who would wish her as a student other than myself. She is about as advanced as I am at a guess, even if I were ready to take a student, which I'm not." He frowned, took one of the cookies and ate it. "I'm worried about Kyle too, of course, he needs to eat something at least."

"Yes please, that would be nice of you."
Your Mentor agreed and he handed you his now empty mug.

He nodded and took their mugs over for a refill to bring back.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Anja wrote:"Agreed, I do not agree with exlusivists on either side but the Progenitors hunt my Tradition and other mystical healers, having declared war on our ways so they are our sworn enemies. I can give them that they have done some good through and like I said I am vaccinating my own children and will continue to do so as long as they themselves do not protest to much."
The young Verbena said.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It is fully possible to acknowledge useful advances without condoning the methods of the people who made them... Look at the life jacket, for example, which the Nazis invented in World War Two; the allied forces were quick to 'innovate' them at the capture of the death camps, along with other things, while rightly condemning the abuses the researchers committed in the process..."

Anja wrote:"That sounds good to me, who knows how many more chances we will get to talk with the old man, also Anna will be thrilled about pesto for dinner."
Freddy said and smiled. About that time the door to Narim's room opened and the Virtual Adept Master peeked out.
"Miss Adlebloom, Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
He asked, he was wearing a dark green tunic wit blue trim today and he gave you both a smile.
"Forgive me for disturbing your morning Sir, but I have a matter which can't wait."
Freddy said and Naim nodded.
"Come in, it is no trouble, I just up on tea...and you Mr Wainwright can I do anything for you?"
He smiled, "Anna does love the green stuff, almost as much as you do..."
He bowed slightly as Narim peeked out, "Ah, good morning, Sir, I just stopped to exchange a few words with Freddy here; I'm on my way up to Master Steelhaven now, myself."
He bowed slightly again and left the two Adepts, and headed up to knock lightly on George's door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:17 pm

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'Don't tell me that. Give Neo's reply, I do; hate to think the future's fixed and shit.' Nicole quipped.

Anja's Post:

Around three minutes later, Nicole exited her apartment; wearing a pair of once-black cargo trousers, a shirt with a grinning "Crocoduck" on the front and trainers. Feeling a little better after a quick drink and cold water, she headed up to the infirmary.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:41 pm

[Adley]

"Well, now that I have been working on hand sigils as tools it will be easier to have most of what I need in an emergency close by me."

"Indeed so,that is one of the benefits of using foci that are part of yourself, your hands, your voice...that makes it harder for someone to take you tools or for you to forget them somewhere."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"It will be hard for her, I am worried and we need to get her here safely too. Thank goodness for my cabalmate's assistance. I would like to find her a teacher that understands her background and help her find opportunities that will benefit her growth, she's had so much to deal, I hope she can make a good life with her gifts despite it all. She is talented enough for the Order but she has an older style, besides what she feels about us and also those she...grew up with, I don't know who would wish her as a student other than myself. She is about as advanced as I am at a guess, even if I were ready to take a student, which I'm not."

"Getting her here once she is well enough to leave is not the hard part, keeping the Union from finding her until then however is, it is not safe for us to be at public hospitals, once she is strong enough to be moved though she can merely sign herself out of the hospital, her doctors will protest but she is a legal adult so it should not be a problem. Many might hesitate to take her as a student because of her background and I can't say I blame them. I think the best would be to try to get a older teacher for her to match Miss Larson's older style of magick, if you where a little more experienced then perhaps it would have been a solution to have you apprentice her, she is experienced enough to be a member of the Order but would need a few years to learn our laws and customs you would not need greater magickal ability for that, but you mea filius are still very young."
Your Mentor said before finishing his coffee.

He frowned, took one of the cookies and ate it. "I'm worried about Kyle too, of course, he needs to eat something at least."

"Agreed I am very concerned the boy have gotten allot thinner and he was already grunt, it is clear he have at least some Jhor, most Fallen do and those with such Resonance often suffer from bad health."
Jeffry said and he sigh.
"But it will do no good to force him and the boy is scared, and with good reason...heavens I hope we manage to save him I do not want to loose another apprentice."
The old Hermetic said softly and he looked sadly down into his coffee mug.

He nodded and took their mugs over for a refill to bring back.

"Thank you mea filius, Amadeus have this notion I drink to much coffee, no such thing."
Your Mentor said and grinned as he took a sip from the refill.

[Colin]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It is fully possible to acknowledge useful advances without condoning the methods of the people who made them... Look at the life jacket, for example, which the Nazis invented in World War Two; the allied forces were quick to 'innovate' them at the capture of the death camps, along with other things, while rightly condemning the abuses the researchers committed in the process..."

"That is very true."
Kristina said.
"Still it is hard to give them a victory, the Progenitors I mean, even when they have done good, it rankles me to admit it."
The young Verbena grumbled.

He smiled, "Anna does love the green stuff, almost as much as you do..."

"Well green is good."
Freddy said happily with a grin.

He bowed slightly as Narim peeked out, "Ah, good morning, Sir, I just stopped to exchange a few words with Freddy here; I'm on my way up to Master Steelhaven now, myself."

"Very well, good morning yes."
Narim said and smiled.
"I am sure I will see you later then Mr Wainwright have a good day, if you two where done talking that is?"

He bowed slightly again and left the two Adepts, and headed up to knock lightly on George's door.

George Steelhaven opened his door to let you in, the archmage looked somehow older and more frail than he used to, wearing simple blue robes he gave you a smile.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, right on time, please come in I have put on some tea."
He said and gestured for you to enter his apartment.

[Nicole]

'Don't tell me that. Give Neo's reply, I do; hate to think the future's fixed and shit.' Nicole quipped.

"I don't think it is fixed as much as there being strong indications of what will happen, we still have free will an can choose to do the opposite of what a premonition says."
Freddy replied with a shrug.

Around three minutes later, Nicole exited her apartment; wearing a pair of once-black cargo trousers, a shirt with a grinning "Crocoduck" on the front and trainers. Feeling a little better after a quick drink and cold water, she headed up to the infirmary.

You got to the infirmary, the plates you had helped set up now formed a proper room rather than just using some unused space, there was even a door where a painted sign announced that this was indeed the infirmary, outside the room itself a few chairs and a table where placed, the table holding some magazines, now that Steelhaven had a proper infirmary and a real doctor working there mages from all over the Tribunal came here to get help by mundane medicine when they needed it, earning Steelhaven a bit of money, favors and other resources in the process. There where no one waiting outside right now though.

You entered the small infirmary, there where six beds in two rows, proper hospital beds tat could be raised and lowered, all of them neatly made and ready for someone to be placed in them, in the back of the room there where several supply cabinets, painted white, a chair used for examination, blood draws and similar, and examination bench, a weight, a sink where the doctor could rinse of his hands and other necessities, posters with an eye examination table as well as anatomical information where on the walls, it was possible to pull a curtain between the back of the room and the section with the beds so that small operations and examinations could be done, at least somewhat privately. There was a door to a tiny closet sized office also in the back of the room, and another door to another tiny room which held one bed for patients that would need to be isolated. The floor where white and gray linoleum and the roof was unpainted.

Beatrice, the member of your new Cabal that you had spent the least amount of time with sat in the examination chair and Richard where clearly finishing up with her for he offered a hand to help the tiny woman to her feet.
"I will be with you in a moment Miss Bouchard."
He said before he told Beatrice.
"I should get the result of your tests in a few days, but from what I can see, if Master Telar clear you spiritually, then there is no physical reason you can not work blood magick but for now keep it to a few drops of blood for each spell and no carving series of runes."
Beatrice gave a smile at that.
"Thank you Richard."
The Akashic smiled at that.
"My pleasure Bee, do you need help getting back to your room?"
He asked but the Verbena shook her head.
"No I will be fine, I just go slowly and rest."
She said.
"Well I see you have another patient so I will leave then, thank you again."
Beatrice said and she gave Richard another smile before she left. As she walked past you she said.
"Hello Nicole, good morning."

Beatrice is a small woman no taller than a twelve year old, she is cute with large dark eyes, a small button nose and full lips, her hair is short an dark brown the same color as her eyes. Beatrice is wearing a pale yellow, knee length dress an a darer yellow knitted jacket, she have on white ankle socks with lace and brown pumps, she have tiny silver butterfly earrings as her only jewelry.

As the Verbena left Richard went to put her samples in an envelope to get them accepted at the nearby hospital's lab and then went to wash his hands.
"What can I do for you today Nicole?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Anja wrote:"That is very true."
Kristina said.
"Still it is hard to give them a victory, the Progenitors I mean, even when they have done good, it rankles me to admit it."
The young Verbena grumbled.
Colin snorted almost imperceptibly, "Vaccines were a victory for all humanity, not just the Progenitors. Let's not afford them any greater factional victories than we have to."

Anja wrote:"Very well, good morning yes."
Narim said and smiled.
"I am sure I will see you later then Mr Wainwright have a good day, if you two where done talking that is?"
He nodded, "Pretty much - though I'm sure we'll find plenty more time to talk later... Well, see you when you get home, Freddy."

Anja wrote:George Steelhaven opened his door to let you in, the archmage looked somehow older and more frail than he used to, wearing simple blue robes he gave you a smile.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, right on time, please come in I have put on some tea."
He said and gestured for you to enter his apartment.
He bowed respectfully and stepped inside, "Good morning, Sir, I figured you would expect me even before I decided to swing by. Since I'll be leaving for Horizon tomorrow, I thought I would invite you to dinner with my family tonight - we're having pasta and pesto, your Housemate Udella Adimari's recipe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next