Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 18 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm

[Family Meeting]
Anja wrote:"You really think so dad? I would not mind teaching you my wards at all."
Anna said proudly and she beamed at you.
Colin grinned, "Well, the underlying principles, at least - your wards were Qlippothic, and I can't exactly learn that aspect of them."

Anja wrote:Anna considered for a while then she gave you a bit of a doubtful look.
"Are you sure this is not your Paradigm dad? I mean I have been around mages all my life and what the Traditions call Entropy is popular among the Nephandi and I have never heard this mentioned before, I have seen sleeper hedge wizards and occultists have the idea that manipulating fate punishing you but not mages and many in the Labyrinth would manipulate chance and luck all they wanted without any such backlash, I doubt the Sphere would be that popular if it had such a drawback for everyone who use it."
She argued.
He scratched his head, "That... I can't entirely rule that possibility out, true. I only speak of my own experience - though Entropy has several faces; decay is the easy one to deal with, fate is a little tricky, but the aspect I am speaking of is the one of pure, unspecified luck, which is where things... hold on..."
He took a moment to gather his thoughts to explain, "Let us say you want a specific outcome of a chain of events; that's not a matter of Chance, but Fate. As an example, I enchanted a pair of wedding rings a couple of months ago, to ensure the happy couple's big day would not be disrupted by accidents or things that would normally be considered uncontrollable. An individual specifically scheming against the event would still manage to ruin the day, though, as that would be deliberate action rather than incidental. That's a bit of work that won't be likely to cause any reversal of fortune due to the low-key work and specificity of it. Making sure someone wins the lottery on a given day, that's also generally safe work, owing to the specificity thereof. The less specificity, though - the more vague and powerful your working of Luck, the more likely you'll create a shift that will eventually swing back and cause unintended consequences. If my lucky charms, for example, were the type that attracted money and cultivated positive change for their owners, that would be likely to be greatly noticed over time, and might bring a few individuals in black suits to visit my shop with some unhealthy regularity. As it is, the charms simply ward off bad luck, so that the owner might never notice the rock that almost hit their windshield, or the pigeon that nearly pooped on their shirt on their way to an important job interview, or that sort of thing."
He scratched his head, "Does that make more sense to you?"

Anja wrote:"Sometimes it is more known fears as well like not wanting to be put under for surgery."
Anna said.
"Though I guess that is also a form of fear of the unknown, I guess that is why some kids liek Evelyn are okey with needles as they have done it so many times they know what to expect."
She said and Beatrice nodded.
"Probably a known pain is far less...of a problem.The nature of pain is to alert ut to danger and injury but if we know what something is then it is usually allot less of a problem. For example most will find it less painful to stab their toe in the light when ass is known and safe than when shambling around in the dark."
The young Verbena said.
"When I was about your age I started working blood magick, and at first it was terrifying, being given an ehm...implement and asked to draw my own blood was hard, some apprentices never get used to it and choose to practice less painful forms of magick. Over time I got used to it though and I know where to cut so it is not dangerous. I would think it is the same for most who need regular, uncomfortable treatment that they get used to it and it is not scary anymore. I mean a boy with diabetes lives next door to me growing up, it did not seam to bother him much to give himself shots, but e as an eight year old could not understand how he could live with that and not be scared or sad. The devil you know eh."
He nodded sagely, "The devil you know is a good term for it. Nobody likes being put under for surgery, because of the total loss of agency and awareness while things are done to one's body, but having the surgeon explain to you what they've got to do, and why, that helps a lot in making that aspect of it less scary."

[With Nicole]
Anja wrote:"Good morning Mr Wainwright, Miss Bouchard. Problems with cybernetics you say? That sounds serious."
Adjan said as he reached his stereo and turned off the music. His room was clean, with black furniture, pictures on the walls and white walls, a book lay open on the living room table perhaps the Euthanathos had been reading.
"I will just get my coat."
He said and reached for it were it hung on a peg near the front door, he leaned his cane against the door and stood on one leg as he pulled his black, leather coat on.
"It sounds like a good idea to see what we can find out at the Umbral Port, to the garage then?"
He asked clearly now ready to come along.
He nodded, "Thank you, yes, Miss Bouchard may fill you in more on the way; she'll drive - we'll be using the BMW, so there's abundant leg room in the passenger seat."

Nicole wrote:On seeing him, she'll give him a nod of greetings, though remain silent - seeing nothing she needed to add.
Nicole wrote:'Will do sir.' she replied. Unless the Professor had anything to add, she'll end the call.
He arched an eyebrow as Nicole hung up, "Any new revelations you feel like sharing, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 18 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

[Adjan's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Westhaven agrees with plan - was about to do it themselves. They're acting as the local info hub for the region.' she answered simply.

'Shall we meet down in the garage in a couple of minutes? I need to get a coat, and also quickly check if Miles is about.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:32 pm

[Nicole's Arrival]

He gave both Nicole and Adley a stern look, his tone of voice not leaving any room for argument, "I said to drop it. We can revisit this topic later, if necessary, but right now, we've got what seems to be a burgeoning crisis on our hands just as we're about to head off to deal with several other tense situations on Horizon. The perceived slights against the Chief, intended or not, can be addressed when we have the time for such. For now, the Deacon Council needs to be brought up to speed, and we need to gather more intel to help the efforts in dealing with the problem; while I don't believe we'll be at the heart of the solution this time, every bit helps, and we're probably rather uniquely situated right now to add some early data on the Union's situation without doing something tactically aggressive. So let us focus on being productive."
Nicole gave a glower at Adley in reply, but remained silent.

He put up both hands at his admonishment, squarely ignoring whatever look Nicole was giving him.

He nodded, "Thank you. It will likely come in handy to call the situation in from the Umbral Port. And to keep the proverbial 911 call ready, should the Union prove... less than neutrally inclined."

"I hope that's not necessary."

[Narim's room]

"I like that about you Adley, you are passionate, like fire." Narim said softly. "An do not get me wrong, I want more, I love every moment I get to spend with you, but I also know we both have dutues so we have to make time when we can." He said then he was silent for a moment just enjoying the moment. He returned your kiss softly and gave you a warm smile. "I will see you later then my love." He said and smiled. "And no problem about the bread, cooking relaxes me."

He ate the last bit of it and rubbed the crumbs onto the napkin. "That app, we might need it when we go tomorrow too, do you think it would work there?" he added, as he got to the door. Then he left, went to his room to get his gear just in case and then went down to his pater's office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:31 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Yeah there is none of that here but you be sure that there is allot of Umbra flowers out there and they probably have all sort of strange abilities."
Kyle said and smiled.
"And some of them are just flowers."

"I wonder what other strange things are there in the Umbra. There's a infinite amount of spirits out there right? Bet there's a lot of animal spirits with strange abilities. Man it'd be cool to meet some of the stranger ones though. I still want to meet a microwave spirit. Just cause I can't imagine many people would want to do that." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Well that do not sound like exactly the same no, allot of games have you ride dragons, as for the unicorns I don't know I have never been to Horizon, I can just say what my Mentor have told me and he says that the unicorns on Horizon are pretty dangerous and aggressive yes."
The young mage commented.

"Are they sexist aggressive? Like in Harry Potter where the Unicorns will attack any man on sight but leave women alone. Or just normal aggressive and they attack everyone equally." Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure, I can do that but are you sure I should not do that on paper instead of messing up your walls?"
The young mage asked.
"Since I am just training here."

"Who cares?" Serge said with a shrug. "Like Bob Ross said, there's no mistakes, only happy little accidents."

As he said that he added eyes and a smiley mouth to Kyle's first attempt and turned it into the Ditto it was always meant to be. "See. Now it's a Pokemon. Perfect for my video game wall! Don't fret too much. I can alter or erase anything you draw so it's no big deal. Just focus on practicing. That's what my walls are for."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:53 pm

[Family Meeting]

Colin grinned, "Well, the underlying principles, at least - your wards were Qlippothic, and I can't exactly learn that aspect of them."

"That is true dad one have to be Fallen to do Qlippotic magick but if I teach you the spells and you cast them then the effect should manifest Dynamically."

He scratched his head, "That... I can't entirely rule that possibility out, true. I only speak of my own experience - though Entropy has several faces; decay is the easy one to deal with, fate is a little tricky, but the aspect I am speaking of is the one of pure, unspecified luck, which is where things... hold on..."
He took a moment to gather his thoughts to explain, "Let us say you want a specific outcome of a chain of events; that's not a matter of Chance, but Fate. As an example, I enchanted a pair of wedding rings a couple of months ago, to ensure the happy couple's big day would not be disrupted by accidents or things that would normally be considered uncontrollable. An individual specifically scheming against the event would still manage to ruin the day, though, as that would be deliberate action rather than incidental. That's a bit of work that won't be likely to cause any reversal of fortune due to the low-key work and specificity of it. Making sure someone wins the lottery on a given day, that's also generally safe work, owing to the specificity thereof. The less specificity, though - the more vague and powerful your working of Luck, the more likely you'll create a shift that will eventually swing back and cause unintended consequences. If my lucky charms, for example, were the type that attracted money and cultivated positive change for their owners, that would be likely to be greatly noticed over time, and might bring a few individuals in black suits to visit my shop with some unhealthy regularity. As it is, the charms simply ward off bad luck, so that the owner might never notice the rock that almost hit their windshield, or the pigeon that nearly pooped on their shirt on their way to an important job interview, or that sort of thing."
He scratched his head, "Does that make more sense to you?"

"I understand what you say dad but it is not how I have had it explained. Generally when working with luck and fate un specific are easier to do. Now yes a string of extreme good luck might get noticed by the Union or other supernaturals but that is hardly some price for the magick itself, a fireball would be noticed as well, and I get the point that someone who rely on luck might end up forgetting to be careful, but the same would someone who use other kinds of magick as a crutch. I do not see any indication that there is any pendulum swing that will bring you bad luck if you give yourself to much good luck."
The little girl said and she shook her head.

He nodded sagely, "The devil you know is a good term for it. Nobody likes being put under for surgery, because of the total loss of agency and awareness while things are done to one's body, but having the surgeon explain to you what they've got to do, and why, that helps a lot in making that aspect of it less scary."

"I get that dad, and yes that would make it allot less scary and if that is enough to get the kids to agree then that is good, but I still think it is wrong to hold someone down and do medical things to them against their will if they can not be talked into it willingly."
Anna said and frowned.
"For that is just not right."

[On the way to the Umbral Port]

He nodded, "Thank you, yes, Miss Bouchard may fill you in more on the way; she'll drive - we'll be using the BMW, so there's abundant leg room in the passenger seat."

Adjan just nodded at that and he glanced over at Nicole.
"Very well let us go then."

Westhaven agrees with plan - was about to do it themselves. They're acting as the local info hub for the region.' she answered simply.

'Shall we meet down in the garage in a couple of minutes? I need to get a coat, and also quickly check if Miles is about.'

"Understandable Westchapel have allot more technomancers than we do Miss Bouchard."
Adjan said then he raised an eyebrow at the lack of explanation.
"Very well we will see you then, it might take me some time to get down to the garage anyway."
He agreed.

[Narim's room]

He ate the last bit of it and rubbed the crumbs onto the napkin. "That app, we might need it when we go tomorrow too, do you think it would work there?" he added, as he got to the door. Then he left, went to his room to get his gear just in case and then went down to his pater's office.

"Do you want me to wra up another piece of bread for you for the road Adley?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"Hum...yes the app should work on Horizon but you have to declare the spell on your phone through customs or it will be cut by Horizon's wards."
Narim replied and nodded.

You left Narim's room but before you had gotten far down the hallway suddenly the Virtual Adept opened the door and he waves at you with his phone which had a translation app on it, clearly he had checked what you told him in Greek.
"I love you Adley, I love you so much."
He called after you as he waved with the phone and blushing.

You got down to Jeffry's ofice, you knocked on the door and your Mentor opened the door.
"Adley come in."
He said.
"I have put on a fresh pot of coffee."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:01 pm

[Serge]

"I wonder what other strange things are there in the Umbra. There's a infinite amount of spirits out there right? Bet there's a lot of animal spirits with strange abilities. Man it'd be cool to meet some of the stranger ones though. I still want to meet a microwave spirit. Just cause I can't imagine many people would want to do that." Serge said with a smile.

"There is an infinite around of things in the Umbra Serge so just about anything exists."
Kyle said.
"Microwave spirits eh, they might be fun to talk with."

"Are they sexist aggressive? Like in Harry Potter where the Unicorns will attack any man on sight but leave women alone. Or just normal aggressive and they attack everyone equally." Serge asked curiously.

"They attack anyone the way I understand it, but I really do not know much about them just what my Mentor said as I said, you will have to ask someone on Horizon when we get there."
Kyle said and shrugged.

"Who cares?" Serge said with a shrug. "Like Bob Ross said, there's no mistakes, only happy little accidents."

"Bob Ross is wrong, there clearly are mistakes, but sure, it is your wall, if you are sure."
The young mage replied.

As he said that he added eyes and a smiley mouth to Kyle's first attempt and turned it into the Ditto it was always meant to be. "See. Now it's a Pokemon. Perfect for my video game wall! Don't fret too much. I can alter or erase anything you draw so it's no big deal. Just focus on practicing. That's what my walls are for."

"Ehm...yeah...you are actually right that do look allot like a Pokemon."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Very well then, let me try again."
He agreed and he perceded to do so, but he was still not getting the anathomy and propotions of the hand he was trying to draw right.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:44 pm

[Narim's room]

"Do you want me to wra up another piece of bread for you for the road Adley?" The Virtual Adept asked.

"No, thanks but I have to watch the carbs. Especially since it looks like I might not have time for a run and we're going to have dinner and I'm probably taking my sister and apprentice out for lunch. Plus I had cookies for breakfast," he grinned.

"Hum...yes the app should work on Horizon but you have to declare the spell on your phone through customs or it will be cut by Horizon's wards."
Narim replied and nodded.

'Might be good if one of us had an open line home, and vice versa, just in case."

You left Narim's room but before you had gotten far down the hallway suddenly the Virtual Adept opened the door and he waves at you with his phone which had a translation app on it, clearly he had checked what you told him in Greek. "I love you Adley, I love you so much."

He looked back at him, then the phone and gave him a wry smile. "Those translation programs are a start," he said with a grin. "Tha se agapao gia panta" he said, waving at him and giving him something else to try to translate.

[Jeffry's office]

"Adley come in." He said. "I have put on a fresh pot of coffee."

"Hello again sir, thank you." He looked around, half-expecting another Narim to be standing there. Colocating was strange. He was smiling as he got to the door but his expression sobered as he said, "I assume you got my message, and I should be discreet here?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 pm

[Family Meeting]
Anja wrote:"That is true dad one have to be Fallen to do Qlippotic magick but if I teach you the spells and you cast them then the effect should manifest Dynamically."
Colin smiled wryly, "True. Well, in my case, perhaps a little fuzzier than that - but yes."

Anja wrote:"I understand what you say dad but it is not how I have had it explained. Generally when working with luck and fate un specific are easier to do. Now yes a string of extreme good luck might get noticed by the Union or other supernaturals but that is hardly some price for the magick itself, a fireball would be noticed as well, and I get the point that someone who rely on luck might end up forgetting to be careful, but the same would someone who use other kinds of magick as a crutch. I do not see any indication that there is any pendulum swing that will bring you bad luck if you give yourself to much good luck."
The little girl said and she shook her head.
He pondered for a bit, "You may be right, Sweetie. Perhaps it's high time I review my notes on the matter in any case - and got things sorted and even collated digitally. Having dozens of little notebooks with 25 years worth of theory and insights in only chronological order is... not the most efficient archival system."

Anja wrote:"I get that dad, and yes that would make it allot less scary and if that is enough to get the kids to agree then that is good, but I still think it is wrong to hold someone down and do medical things to them against their will if they can not be talked into it willingly."
Anna said and frowned.
"For that is just not right."
He smiled thinly, "Well, that's indisputably true. As I said, it's exceedingly rare that it is actually necessary to overrule patient agency, whether for children or adults."

[With Nicole]
S7trif3 wrote:"I hope that's not necessary."
He nodded, "Better have it and not need it, and all that..."

Anja wrote:Adjan just nodded at that and he glanced over at Nicole.
"Very well let us go then."
He nodded and offered Adjan his arm to lean on, "Quite, I'll help with the stairs."

Nicole wrote:'Westhaven agrees with plan - was about to do it themselves. They're acting as the local info hub for the region.' she answered simply.

Anja wrote:"Understandable Westchapel have allot more technomancers than we do Miss Bouchard."
Adjan said then he raised an eyebrow at the lack of explanation.
"Very well we will see you then, it might take me some time to get down to the garage anyway."
He agreed.
He nodded, then paused, "Any particular reason for calling Mr. Miles in on this? I'm not protesting it, mind, just wondering what manner of contribution you're expecting from him. Unless you were planning on a more thorough pre-flight check of the shuttle while we're there anyway?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"There is an infinite around of things in the Umbra Serge so just about anything exists."
Kyle said.
"Microwave spirits eh, they might be fun to talk with."

"Infinity. The perfect amount." Serge said with a smile. "I bet microwave spirits are always dizzy. Since their always spinning food. I wonder if they'd get along with fire spirits. Since they love heating things up."

Anja wrote:"They attack anyone the way I understand it, but I really do not know much about them just what my Mentor said as I said, you will have to ask someone on Horizon when we get there."
Kyle said and shrugged.

"Guess that'll go on the list of things to ask about." Serge said evenly. "Hey, remind me again...how big is Horizon? It's pretty much a whole other world right?"

Anja wrote:"Bob Ross is wrong, there clearly are mistakes, but sure, it is your wall, if you are sure."
The young mage replied.

"How dare you take the name of Bob Ross in vain!" Serge said while chuckling showing he meant it in a more humorous manner rather than with anger. "Kidding Kidding. I'm pretty sure he meant it as don't focus too much on your mistakes. Use them to move yourself forward."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...yeah...you are actually right that do look allot like a Pokemon."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Very well then, let me try again."
He agreed and he perceded to do so, but he was still not getting the anathomy and propotions of the hand he was trying to draw right.

"Your getting better. But some of your fingers are still a bit off. Here watch how I do it." Serge said as he took one of the pencil that was stuck behind his ears and proceed to draw and simple picture of a hand. He made sure to draw slowly, so that Kyle could watch what he did and how he moved the pencil.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:32 am

[Serge]

"Infinity. The perfect amount." Serge said with a smile. "I bet microwave spirits are always dizzy. Since their always spinning food. I wonder if they'd get along with fire spirits. Since they love heating things up."

"Doubtfully as they will be meant to spin...they are probably related to fire spirits though but it really depend on how scientific they are, on some level heat is heat and that is all there is, but if the spirit is based more on scientific ideal they might fall more towards air."
The young Hermetic said.

"Guess that'll go on the list of things to ask about." Serge said evenly. "Hey, remind me again...how big is Horizon? It's pretty much a whole other world right?"

"It is the size of a moon Master Morgan says but only part of it is inhabited. The biggest city is Concordia which have about 500 magi in addition to 500 more visiting and 10 000 sleepers, but there are also smaller settlements around the realm."
Kyle replied.

"How dare you take the name of Bob Ross in vain!" Serge said while chuckling showing he meant it in a more humorous manner rather than with anger. "Kidding Kidding. I'm pretty sure he meant it as don't focus too much on your mistakes. Use them to move yourself forward."

Kyle raised an eyebrow at that.
"Perhaps so and that would be a positive message, many however take the there are no mistakes and everything is equally good as an excuse to be mediocre."
The young Hermetic commented.

"Your getting better. But some of your fingers are still a bit off. Here watch how I do it." Serge said as he took one of the pencil that was stuck behind his ears and proceed to draw and simple picture of a hand. He made sure to draw slowly, so that Kyle could watch what he did and how he moved the pencil.

"Oh wow you nail it."
Kyle said sounding impressed.
"How did you do that?"
He asked as he watched you drawing.

[Family Meeting]

Colin smiled wryly, "True. Well, in my case, perhaps a little fuzzier than that - but yes."

"If you add the scrambler at least then it will be fuzzy."
Anna said and grinned.

He pondered for a bit, "You may be right, Sweetie. Perhaps it's high time I review my notes on the matter in any case - and got things sorted and even collated digitally. Having dozens of little notebooks with 25 years worth of theory and insights in only chronological order is... not the most efficient archival system."

"Well it could be your Paradigm mentor, how magick works do change with the Paradigm of the mage."
The young mage said and nodded.
"Or I could be wrong off course, I have just never heard about what you describe."

He smiled thinly, "Well, that's indisputably true. As I said, it's exceedingly rare that it is actually necessary to overrule patient agency, whether for children or adults."

Anna nodded at that and frowned.
"And yet it happens all the time since it is easier just to use force than to reason with a kid, and some seam to think a kid being afraid of something is a personal insult to them, they just want to be obeyed."

[With Nicole]

He nodded and offered Adjan his arm to lean on, "Quite, I'll help with the stairs."

Adjan accepted your arm when you got to the stairs and leaned some of his weight on you as he slowly made his way down.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I can not wait for this to finish healing, Dr Lee tells me I might end up with a limp, that is fine as long as I can move around freely, I hate being sick or injured."
He said and frowned.

[Narim's Room]

"No, thanks but I have to watch the carbs. Especially since it looks like I might not have time for a run and we're going to have dinner and I'm probably taking my sister and apprentice out for lunch. Plus I had cookies for breakfast," he grinned.

"Well we would not want you to loose your edge now would we love then again you would be adorable plump."
Narim joked.

Might be good if one of us had an open line home, and vice versa, just in case."

"I agree and the rote are fully legal it just have to be declared to be allowed through the wards."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

He looked back at him, then the phone and gave him a wry smile. "Those translation programs are a start," he said with a grin. "Tha se agapao gia panta" he said, waving at him and giving him something else to try to translate.

You heard Narim's fingers tapping on his phone as you left as he tried to translate your words, a slight smile on his face as he was muttering.
"It seams I will need to learn Greek."
To himself.

[Jeffry's office]

"Hello again sir, thank you." He looked around, half-expecting another Narim to be standing there. Colocating was strange. He was smiling as he got to the door but his expression sobered as he said, "I assume you got my message, and I should be discreet here?"

There was not another Narim there, but there was a another coffee mug on your Mentor's desk and the tiny bit of black liquid at the bottom of it still looked warm.
"I did and yes you should come in and close the door and use your tablet mea filius so we are not overheard."
The old Hermetic said as he picked up Narim's cup and sigh.
"He always forget to remove the arcane connections from his cups."
He muttered to himself.
"Ok...would you like a cup of coffee as we speak mea filius?"
He asked as he put the empty cup in a shelf and then went to refill his own cup and looking at you questiongly and gesticulating with the mug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 am

[Chantry]

Colin's Post:

'One, he might have contacts at other Labs. I want him to call 'em and suss out what they know about this shit so it can be relayed back to Westchapel. Two, he might have had work done himself and so needs warning. Three, if I go out of the loop for a bit folk might contact him and conversations are so much easier when both sides know what the fuck it's about. Four, I need him to find Hess and tell him too.' Nicole replied firmly and without hesitation. After a little pause, rather less confidently;

'As I seem to be the ranking Scientist in this place and all that.'

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then headed off, back to her apartment. Will check her laptop quickly before turning it off, put on her back holster and grab a coat.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am

[On the way to the Umbal Port]

'One, he might have contacts at other Labs. I want him to call 'em and suss out what they know about this shit so it can be relayed back to Westchapel. Two, he might have had work done himself and so needs warning. Three, if I go out of the loop for a bit folk might contact him and conversations are so much easier when both sides know what the fuck it's about. Four, I need him to find Hess and tell him too.' Nicole replied firmly and without hesitation. After a little pause, rather less confidently;

"I guess you are right you are, Mr Von Hess are older than you but he is not Awakened. Very well seams like good reasons for a bit of a delay."
Adjan said and nodded.
"We will wait for you in the garage Miss Bouchard."
He added as he limped with Colin towards the stairs.

A nod to this, then headed off, back to her apartment. Will check her laptop quickly before turning it off, put on her back holster and grab a coat.

Your computer had little else new information for you other than mails from companies wanting to sell you viagra and a poor Nigerian prince wanting you to save his fortune.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:47 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'What, you letting me down today?' Nicole replied sarcastically, doing a "scoop-out" of her emails while having a quick smoke. 'No cheap tools, ECA stacks, or "legal 100% effective 'roids"? Let alone something amusing, like the "poor orphan being poisoned by the evil stepmother".'

Once done, she loaded up her old Army greatcoat's pockets, checked her pistol and locked up. Next destination: Miles' place.

[I got the 'confirm I'm not a spambot' message doing this post. Why?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:06 pm

[Nicole]

You got to Miles apartment and knocked on the door, after a while the other Etherite opened, he was wearing his goggles and he smelled of oil and glue, pushing his goggles up onto his head he smiled.
"Oh Nicole, hi what can I do for you?"
He asked, you heard piano music from inside his room from the stereo.
"Do you want to come in? it is a little messy."

(OOC: I have no idea I had to do it as well, probably something the forum have done, I will see if I can figure out how to get rid of it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:47 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Nah... only flying visit.' Nicole replied. 'We've got a situation. There's reports of cybernetics failing; we might be under attack. Stop me if this ain't news to you.'

[Didn't do it that time. Perhaps a one-off?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:56 pm

[Nicole]

"That is not good, and it is news to me, I have been working and have not really talked with anyone since last night, how bad are we talking about?"
Miles asked.
"Cybernetics failing I mean? Are anyone hurt?"

(Ooc Yes could be)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:15 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'In short: they fail, the person gets a fever, then they die. Confirmed casualties already. Nobody knows the whats and whys.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:20 pm

[Nicole]

"Shit, that is not good...are you okey Nicole?"
Miles asked.
"Do our Tradition know? I mean I have not had any work done but I know people who have there are a few among us who have some metal in their bodies."
He said nervous.
"I better call and warn them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:50 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Doubtfully as they will be meant to spin...they are probably related to fire spirits though but it really depend on how scientific they are, on some level heat is heat and that is all there is, but if the spirit is based more on scientific ideal they might fall more towards air."
The young Hermetic said.

"Air? Why's that? Wouldn't it be more like they'd be related to electrical spirits. Since that's what used to create the heat in microwaves?" Serge wondered.

Anja wrote:"It is the size of a moon Master Morgan says but only part of it is inhabited. The biggest city is Concordia which have about 500 magi in addition to 500 more visiting and 10 000 sleepers, but there are also smaller settlements around the realm."
Kyle replied.

"That's a pretty big place." Serge said sounding impressed. " For the most part it functions like a regular world right? People go about their business, research, learn, do their jobs, and all that boring stuff right? Except magick is commonplace there."

Anja wrote:"Oh wow you nail it."
Kyle said sounding impressed.
"How did you do that?"
He asked as he watched you drawing.

"By never giving up and remaining positive. Also by non-stop repetition." Serge said nonchalantly. "Try again. That's the only way to get better. Try to imagine what you want the end result to be and figure out what you need to draw to create it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:10 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Jeez... is there someone here who doesn't know about the arm?' Nicole muttered, a little annoyed about it. Though gave a "not important" gesture and continued; 'Which is why I'm telling you. Need you to pretty much contact every technomancer you know and find out if there are any more cases and if so, where. If anyone asks you similar, I know of reports in Chicago, Detroit, here and in London. Westchapel is taking the lead on this, so if you learn anything new to forward it to them.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 pm

[Family Meeting]
Anja wrote:"If you add the scrambler at least then it will be fuzzy."
Anna said and grinned.
Colin grinned, "So many fun applications for that little ward... And probably a lot more - could be interesting to see someone try to figure out what the hell a ward really does, when mixed in with the scrambler. What might look like it would violently tear one's hair out could turn out to merely turning the hapless intruder an unfortunate shade of green..."

Anja wrote:"Well it could be your Paradigm mentor, how magick works do change with the Paradigm of the mage."
The young mage said and nodded.
"Or I could be wrong off course, I have just never heard about what you describe."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Could be, could be... I've always found it to be solid reason to be careful with my tampering, though - and that is in any case a good idea, regardless of what you think the karmic backlash, to use a term, might be. Subtle in your arts, and all that."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded at that and frowned.
"And yet it happens all the time since it is easier just to use force than to reason with a kid, and some seam to think a kid being afraid of something is a personal insult to them, they just want to be obeyed."
He sighed, "Sadly true... but not irreparable. Some times, all it takes is a moment's patience and a good example."

[With Nicole]
Anja wrote:Adjan accepted your arm when you got to the stairs and leaned some of his weight on you as he slowly made his way down.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I can not wait for this to finish healing, Dr Lee tells me I might end up with a limp, that is fine as long as I can move around freely, I hate being sick or injured."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "Well, a limp is still mobile, I suppose... and there might yet be some truth to the old adage, that women like scars."
He smiled wryly, "If nothing else, you might be able to leverage a little bit of... life-affirming opportunity, once you're able to cut up the dance floor again."

Nicole wrote:'One, he might have contacts at other Labs. I want him to call 'em and suss out what they know about this shit so it can be relayed back to Westchapel. Two, he might have had work done himself and so needs warning. Three, if I go out of the loop for a bit folk might contact him and conversations are so much easier when both sides know what the fuck it's about. Four, I need him to find Hess and tell him too.' Nicole replied firmly and without hesitation. After a little pause, rather less confidently;

Anja wrote:"I guess you are right you are, Mr Von Hess are older than you but he is not Awakened. Very well seams like good reasons for a bit of a delay."
Adjan said and nodded.
"We will wait for you in the garage Miss Bouchard."
He added as he limped with Colin towards the stairs.
He nodded, "Ah, like so - of course. I misunderstood; I thought you necessarily meant to bring him along. But yes, by all means, warn Mr. Miles and Mr. von Hess before we meet up - I'm sure they'll want to check in with friends and family, as well, if they haven't already."

He gently guided Adjan down the stairs, one step at a time, "So, in other news, I got a letter from Horizon today - my Rote has been recognized as my novel creation, so with a little luck, I'll get to sell publication rights to the Paradigma while we're off. After that, I can really get cracking on permanent Resonance extraction; I've got some ideas that I need to bounce off more senior researchers than myself, but I think we might see tangible results within not too many years, allowing time for practical tests on inanimate objects first... wouldn't want to jump straight to live subjects, whether human or animal, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm

[Serge]

"Air? Why's that? Wouldn't it be more like they'd be related to electrical spirits. Since that's what used to create the heat in microwaves?" Serge wondered.

"If we are talking classical elements then electricity would be air or fire or a combination of the two."
Kyle said.
"Now we can work with other systems but elementals are likely to follow the classical elements, off course these spirits might not be elementals."

"That's a pretty big place." Serge said sounding impressed. " For the most part it functions like a regular world right? People go about their business, research, learn, do their jobs, and all that boring stuff right? Except magick is commonplace there."

"That is my understanding of the place yes, but like I said I have never been to Horizon so you might get better answers if you ask someone who have actually been there, or who where born there like Master Morgan."
The young mage replied.

"By never giving up and remaining positive. Also by non-stop repetition." Serge said nonchalantly. "Try again. That's the only way to get better. Try to imagine what you want the end result to be and figure out what you need to draw to create it."

"I will do my best."
Kyle said and he started drawing then after a few moments he started drawing better, allot better and he seamed to slide into some sort of trance, his hands moving on it's own, what the young Hermetic drew was a and, but one that was horribly mangled, the skin broken, blip and bleeding with bones poking out, the fingers bent in unnatural direction, curled into a pained claw. Kyle did not seam to see you as he drew the gruesome picture.

[Nicole]

'Jeez... is there someone here who doesn't know about the arm?' Nicole muttered, a little annoyed about it. Though gave a "not important" gesture and continued;

"You expected a secret to stay secret in a building where 30 odd mages live close together?"
Miles asked and he raised an eyebrow.

'Which is why I'm telling you. Need you to pretty much contact every technomancer you know and find out if there are any more cases and if so, where. If anyone asks you similar, I know of reports in Chicago, Detroit, here and in London. Westchapel is taking the lead on this, so if you learn anything new to forward it to them.'

"Yeah...sure I will give everyone I know a call."
Miles said still sounding stressed.
"So if I learn something then I contact Westchapel right?"

[Family Meeting]

Colin grinned, "So many fun applications for that little ward... And probably a lot more - could be interesting to see someone try to figure out what the hell a ward really does, when mixed in with the scrambler. What might look like it would violently tear one's hair out could turn out to merely turning the hapless intruder an unfortunate shade of green..."

"So many choices indeed, though if one make a ward to complicated that can often lead to weaknesses, it might impress but there might be weak points to exploit."
Anna cautioned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Could be, could be... I've always found it to be solid reason to be careful with my tampering, though - and that is in any case a good idea, regardless of what you think the karmic backlash, to use a term, might be. Subtle in your arts, and all that."

"I have no belief in Karma what so ever it is one more concept made by religion to keep people from doing what said religion think is bad, and continued by those who need the comfort of the belief that their enemies will one day pay for having wronged them without they themselves needing to get their hands dirty."
Anna declared and she shook her head.
"I doubt meddling with luck have any more of a backlash than meddling with elements, minds, life itself or anything else, but yes of course one should always be careful with one's magick."

He sighed, "Sadly true... but not irreparable. Some times, all it takes is a moment's patience and a good example."

"That or a good kick...though I have to admit your methods have been more effective in the long run."
Your apprentice said and smiled.

[on the way to the Umbral Port]

He nodded, "Well, a limp is still mobile, I suppose... and there might yet be some truth to the old adage, that women like scars."
He smiled wryly, "If nothing else, you might be able to leverage a little bit of... life-affirming opportunity, once you're able to cut up the dance floor again."

Adjan nodded.
"According to Dr Lee I will be able to walk, run and fight again when my leg heal and that is good enough, and I have plenty of scars for women to fawn over, it is just most of them are on the inside."
The Death magus said wryly.

He gently guided Adjan down the stairs, one step at a time, "So, in other news, I got a letter from Horizon today - my Rote has been recognized as my novel creation, so with a little luck, I'll get to sell publication rights to the Paradigma while we're off. After that, I can really get cracking on permanent Resonance extraction; I've got some ideas that I need to bounce off more senior researchers than myself, but I think we might see tangible results within not too many years, allowing time for practical tests on inanimate objects first... wouldn't want to jump straight to live subjects, whether human or animal, after all."

"That is good news, congratulations Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and smiled.
"I have faith you can sucseed and if you can then you can save many who would otherwise die it is a worthy goal."
The Euthanathos said sadly he looked over at you.
"Perhaps you one day will have a chance to save me, but yes human trials are seldom the best place to start though many might be willing to make the sacrifice regardless."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"If we are talking classical elements then electricity would be air or fire or a combination of the two."
Kyle said.
"Now we can work with other systems but elementals are likely to follow the classical elements, off course these spirits might not be elementals."

"Lots of tv shows tend to do that. Make electricity a subsection of air or fire. I was always a fan of electricity and lightning getting it's own branch of the elements pie." Serge said with a grin. "Hey, speaking of elements, do you have a favorite one? I've always been a fan of water."

Anja wrote:"That is my understanding of the place yes, but like I said I have never been to Horizon so you might get better answers if you ask someone who have actually been there, or who where born there like Master Morgan."
The young mage replied.

"Whoa hold up hold up hold up. Master Morgan was born in Horizon! That's news to me. I thought he was born in the medieval times on Earth!"

Anja wrote:"I will do my best."
Kyle said and he started drawing then after a few moments he started drawing better, allot better and he seamed to slide into some sort of trance, his hands moving on it's own, what the young Hermetic drew was a hand, but one that was horribly mangled, the skin broken, blip and bleeding with bones poking out, the fingers bent in unnatural direction, curled into a pained claw. Kyle did not seam to see you as he drew the gruesome picture.

Serge narrowed his eyes somewhat as he watched Kyle work. He was morbidly impressed by the drawing but at the same time extremely concerned by the manner in which Kyle drew it.

His eye moved from the gruesome picture to the widderslainte, noticing him fall into a trance. He could only guess that this, and the picture drawn during it, was due to his widderslainte nature. Snapping his fingers to get Kyle's attention, he said, "Yo! Earth to Kyle! Don't need you spacing out on me now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:50 pm

[Chantry]

Colin's Post:

Nicole nodded to this before leaving.

Anja's Post:

'Yep. You got a contact number? Oh, and pass this news onto Anton as soon as; not got enough time to talk to him too.'

[Favourite element? Gotta be bacon].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

[Family meeting]

Adley listened while Colin and Anna went back and forth on the ars fati and teporalis, but at least for the moment with his so far very limited observations and experience via other people's magick, he still thought there was a price to pay. "Having dozens of notebooks sounds like a perfectly acceptable archival system," he said with a small smile. "I like actually writing it down, it helps sometimes...typing just doesn't feel the same to me but having a copy might be handy, if it's secured."

[Narim's Room]

"Well we would not want you to loose your edge now would we love then again you would be adorable plump." Narim joked.

"I need to keep fit," he said, laughing. "Maybe if we retire, I can afford to indulge like that," he joked, since he knew that would never happen.

ou heard Narim's fingers tapping on his phone as you left as he tried to translate your words, a slight smile on his face as he was muttering.
"It seams I will need to learn Greek.

"Hindi is on my list..."

[Jeffry's office]

"I did and yes you should come in and close the door and use your tablet mea filius so we are not overheard."
The old Hermetic said as he picked up Narim's cup and sigh.
"He always forget to remove the arcane connections from his cups."
He muttered to himself.
"Ok...would you like a cup of coffee as we speak mea filius?

He smiled a little at his pater's comment. "Noted. I think I forgot this morning, too but you collected our cups. No, thanks I'm good for now." He dug out the same paper he'd been writing on. "Tablet is full of something I need to figure out how to keep securely before I go anywhere else," he explained.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next